PDA

View Full Version : GG Royal Guard Statue!

Reefer Shark
05-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Whoa... this one came out of nowhere foe me. I hadn't heard they were doing this guy. EE has him up for pre-order at $164.99. Looks pretty damn cool, gonna be hard to resist this one.....

Here's a link to a pic over at EE: Royal Guard pre-order (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE8148#LargeImage)

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't like it. The wind blown effect on his robe is a bit much for this character IMO. I don't understand why GG has to do this with every statue that has a cape or robe. It looked alright with Vader and Maul but here it seems out of place. I think they should have gone with a more static pose similar to the Royal Guard that Attakus released.

Jayspawn
05-20-2006, 09:12 PM
The wind blown look is overdone, but I think this statue needs it. Otherwise he just looks like stiff figure.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
If GG wanted to make the piece more dynamic I think they should have gone with a fighting stance. Had they done that I probably would have bought one but with the guard standing at attention a relaxed robe just looks better IMO. To me the Attakus Royal Guard (http://mintinbox.net/data_base/attakus/attakus_royalguard) looks perfect. Its definitely more in line with what was seen in the films.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't bring myself to get involved with GG's statue line. They seem very overpriced for their size. The biggest shock to me was just how small the Scout Trooper w/ Speeder Bike ended up being. $175 for that? No thanks.

As for the Royal Guard, I do think the wind-blown effect was necessary to keep it from being too static. Sculpting an electrical charge on the Force pike would've been a nice extra touch. Still, it has a very regal appearance...as it should.

tk_110201
05-30-2006, 05:08 AM
I think if the statue did not have the wind blown effect, it would most certaintly turn out like the Attakus statue which is soo stiff. If you recall, the stormtrooper looked like a card board cut out.