PDA

View Full Version : Latest Star Wars 12 Inch Release Dates

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
According to Sideshow's most recent newsletter, here are the latest shipping date changes for the 12 inch line.

Anakin Skywalker - Shipping next week

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Shipping Late June/Early July

Kit Fisto - Shipping July

Darth Vader (SDCC Exclusive) - Shipping end of July (after Comic-Con)

Han Solo (Bespin Gear) - Shipping August

Given this, it's probably safe to assume that Mace Windu will follow in September and Qui-Gon in October.

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Gah! Ani-vader is shipping AFTER the convention, that is a real bummer, it better not be "oh, we're waiting on another shipment" crap or I'll be pretty mad. They should have these ready to ship before SDCC anyway.

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Gah! Ani-vader is shipping AFTER the convention, that is a real bummer, it better not be "oh, we're waiting on another shipment" crap or I'll be pretty mad. They should have these ready to ship before SDCC anyway.

It does make sense though. Why should non-attendees get their figures before the people actually going to the convention?? Based on the e-mail Sideshow sent me immediately after placing my order, the figures will be charged between July 24-27 with the shipments going out on the 28th.

JediTricks
05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Because the non-attendees are paying $5 more than attendees, not to mention the shipping costs. They could have shipped them a few days before the con and had them show up during the con or the monday after, but they're not even shipping them until after the con.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Because the non-attendees are paying $5 more than attendees, not to mention the shipping costs. They could have shipped them a few days before the con and had them show up during the con or the monday after, but they're not even shipping them until after the con.

An extra $5 and having to wait until after the convention...maybe it's just me but I consider that a very small price to pay for getting a figure that, by its very nature as a con exclusive, I should never be able to get without attending.

Besides, I've waited months for Luke and now Anakin. I'm not going to split hairs about waiting an extra week for the non-attendee Vader.

IG65
05-22-2006, 09:45 AM
JT, your Kung-Fu is good, but you must learn patience.;)

tk_110201
05-30-2006, 05:10 AM
I do hope that sideshow will make an affordable 12" Stormtrooper.

Turbowars
05-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I do hope that sideshow will make an affordable 12" Stormtrooper.If you think they will be less that 50 bucks you can forget it. It would be kind of cool if they came as a 2 pack for like 60-70, but you know that will never happen.

Darth Cruel
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
OK - I will likely be editing this shortly after I post it as I just thought of a few things to add. But I am on dial-up so it takes a long time to navigate so now that I am here I'll make this post and at least get the thread bumped up to where it will be easier to get to.

Sideshow has moved back the release dates on some of their offerings that were supposed to ship this year...all of them to be exact. So I wanted to get a general schedule of the already and soon-to-be ordered figures to give everyone some kind of idea of what to expect as of now. So here it goes:

Darth Maul - January 2007
Sith Probe Droids - 1st quarter 2007
Jabba the Hutt - 1st quarter 2007
Jabba's Throne - 1st quarter 2007
Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack - 1st Quarter 2007
Bib Fortuna - January 2007
Princess Leia Boushh - 1st quarter 2007
Plo Koon - 1st quarter 2007
Strike Force Bundle - 1st quarter 2007
Rebel Infantry - 1st quarter 2007
Rebel Commando Sergeant - 1st quarter 2007
Nik Sant: Rebel Pathfinder - 1st quarter 2007
Asajj Ventress - We'll find out tomorrow (2nd quarter would be common sense but...)

This list was done in the order they were priority pre-ordered. So it would be GENERALLY accurate...you know...one of those "ball-park" estimates...to split them into roughly thirds to get a vague idea of what to expect month-to-month for 1st quarter 2007. Based on this theory of guesstimation my projected schedule looks like this:

January - Darth Maul, Sith Probe Droids, Jabba the Hutt, Jabba's Throne, Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack, and Bib Fortuna.

February - Princess Leia Boushh, Plo Koon, and Strike Force Bundle

March - Rebel Infantry, Rebel Commando Sergeant, and Nik Sant: rebel Pathfinder

And I am guessing Asajj Ventress will pretty much HAVE to be 2nd quarter. In fact...I will be surprised if some of the above scheduled figures don't change to 2nd quarter. Three months like I have listed above would be pretty tough get a hold on.

JediTricks
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Bah! Too much at once again, too much delay between the last items and the next.

Darth Cruel
11-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm just glad that is tax return time.

Darth Cruel
11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Asajj's pages on Sideshow's website do show her as scheduled to ship 2nd quarter of 2007. So that SHOULD mean April unless the delays continue. But I certainly hope Sideshow gets things back on a one-figure-per-month...EVERY month...schedule. This waiting for 5 months from ordering a figure to getting it is killer enough. Adding the longer waits caused by the production delays is killing me!

So the up-to-date updated guesstimation looks like this:

January - Darth Maul, Sith Probe Droids, Jabba the Hutt, Jabba's Throne, Salacious B. Crumb Creature Pack, and Bib Fortuna.

February - Princess Leia Boushh, Plo Koon, and Strike Force Bundle

March - Rebel Infantry, Rebel Commando Sergeant, and Nik Sant: rebel Pathfinder

April - Asajj Ventress

JediTricks
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
2 Marches? ;)

Darth Cruel
11-20-2006, 10:39 PM
2 Marches? ;)

CRAP! - I meant to change that second one to April before I lost the edit option and didn't get to it in time. HELP ME MODS! I am too anal to deal with it like that!

JediTricks
11-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Don't say I never did nuthin' for ya. ;)

Plus, it's all shot to hell with Maul shipping in the middle of next month.

Darth Cruel
11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks JT! I went down 3 marks on the anxiety meter.

I still stand behind my guesstimation on the rest of the figures after Darth Maul is removed from the equation. There is still lots of stuff to spend money on in January.

Darth Cruel
11-29-2006, 05:36 PM
I wonder if it is supposed to be assumed that the Sith Eye Probe Droids will ship with Maul, or if we will be getting a separate confirmation/charge/shipment on that one. I am guessing it is separate.