PDA

View Full Version : UGH holos

pegger
05-20-2006, 06:09 PM
So - near as I can figure there are 7 dark side figures (Vader, Greivous, Boba Fett, Snowtrooper, Cody, AT-AT Driver and Anakin) and 3 light side figures (Han, Obi Wan, Scorch).

Is this right? Does anyone have a full set to confirm this? The only one I'm not sure of is Anakin...

UKWildcat
05-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Anakin does have a dark side holo. The Anakin that I have came with a stormtrooper.

Thunderbird
05-20-2006, 07:13 PM
You are correct. I have a full set carded, and a one away from a lose set. I do have a full set of UGH holos but I had to by 2 extra Solos and 2 extra Obi-Wans to fill it out.

pegger
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Well that just blows. I thought it sucked having to by 2 extra figs to get all 12 holos. Now I gotta by 3 extra - and still have 1 extra holo?

Thanks Hasbro. jerks.

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 02:52 AM
I like the silver holos, but thought it was stupid of them to give different numbers. They should have given us 12 figures, each with a specific holo for a whole set.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Are they grey with silver sparkly bits or acutally painted silver?

Val Da Car
05-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Are they grey with silver sparkly bits or acutally painted silver?

My Vader fig with the Vader holo is more silver than grey.

Slicker
05-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Are they grey with silver sparkly bits or acutally painted silver?They're more of a weathered looking silver.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:03 PM
They should've just painted them the color of money to reflect all the collecting dollars they're sucking out of people with this ridiculous marketing ploy.

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 04:39 PM
They should've just painted them the color of money to reflect all the collecting dollars they're sucking out of people with this ridiculous marketing ploy.

What I did is return the regular versions of the figure and keep the UGH ones.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:40 PM
What I did is return the regular versions of the figure and keep the UGH ones.

Smart move. :thumbsup:

Slicker
05-22-2006, 06:27 AM
What I did is return the regular versions of the figure and keep the UGH ones.Fortunately you've got the will power to not be an uber completist. I unfortunately have to have the regular version AND the UGH version (which, BTW, I finished my UGH set the other day with a package containing the last 3 I needed shipped from Blue Snags.)

Kidhuman
05-22-2006, 07:42 AM
You give into the dark side Slick. Forever will it dominate your destiny.

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Like Slick, I have to have both the UGH version and the regular version. It's a good thing there are only 10 of them.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 02:11 PM
You give into the dark side Slick. Forever will it dominate your destiny.I know. It's a sad sad addiction but it's safer than crack (you'll notice I didn't say cheaper as I'm starting to believe I'd save money being a crack addict. Both on the addiction and food costs)

Lord Malakite
05-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Like Slick, I have to have both the UGH version and the regular version. It's a good thing there are only 10 of them.
I'm stepping into this conversation a bit late so I need a little clarifcation. :cross-eye When you say you want to have both the UGH version and regular version do you mean the actual random mini-holo figures themselves (blue vs. silver) or do you mean both card types for each regular sized 3 3/4 figures?

I hope nobody is actually considering the third option. Collecting all regular/UGH card variations with every possible random blue/silver mini-holo figure variation.:sad: That be crazy as all hell as it is now, and even more so when these new red mini-holos I keep seeing on the web start to show up.:shocked:

Slicker
05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm stepping into this conversation a bit late so I need a little clarifcation. :cross-eye When you say you want to have both the UGH version and regular version do you mean the actual random mini-holo figures themselves (blue vs. silver) or do you mean both card types for each regular sized 3 3/4 figures?
I'm getting both the regular carded version and the UGH version.

For example I have a regular carded Scorch and the UGH carded Scorch. Holos don't really matter much but if there's an abundance of figures I'll sift though to find a holo that somehow relates to the figure.

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 02:51 PM

Both card types. Basically I own/collect all the regular figures AND the UGH figure. As opposed to having the UGH version instead of the basic figures (like KH I believe). The holos aren't important to me either. Basically what Slick is doing (now that he has replied while I am posting this message).

I hope nobody is actually considering the third option. Collecting all regular/UGH card variations with every possible random blue/silver mini-holo figure variation.:sad: That be crazy as all hell as it is now, and even more so when these new red mini-holos I keep seeing on the web start to show up.:shocked:

Pure insanity this is and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I would even consider doing this. :crazed:

Lord Malakite
05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Both card types. Basically I own/collect all the regular figures AND the UGH figure. As opposed to having the UGH version instead of the basic figures (like KH I believe). The holos aren't important to me either. Basically what Slick is doing (now that he has replied while I am posting this message).
Cool, I'd figure it be one or the either (with the card variation probably being the most likely of the two). Trying to get an entire set of blue and silver mini-holos (either carded or loose) wouldn't be so bad either. Its when you try to combine the two ideas does the plan go all to hell.:D

Pure insanity this is and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that I would even consider doing this. :crazed:
Agreed. I'd feel bad to be someone who was that much of a completist, especially when those red holos start to hit.:hurt:

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I finally weaned myself off the completist/unopened addiction and opened all my UGHs after taking back my regular figures. I just had way too much in my house to keep going with on-card stuff.

Man does it feel good....

pegger
05-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I've always been an opener - but I'm not opening my UGH set. I wasn't planning on putting together a set - but I'm a sucker.

I've got almost 1 full set of CDN carded UGHs (only missing Boba Fett and Snowtrooper now) and only US Cody. I wouldn't mind a set of the US carded ones - but I'm being to think that will be an impossibility - I'm not willing to pay ebay prices for these.

BountyHunterScum
06-02-2006, 01:33 PM

Novel idea. lol:yes: