PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for Grievous

Dominic Guglieme
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Anyone know what is in this set?

jjreason
05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I believe it's the ARC Troopers, as pictured on the box of the TRU Clone Wars Gunship.

Dominic Guglieme
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Ah. Thanks.

I have not seen the TrU gunship box.

ARC Troopers (animated or otherwise) are good. Get a red one, and it is Captain Fordo (from the cartoon), and another blue one, and kit-bash an Alpha-17.........

figrin bran
05-22-2006, 10:02 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TRUHunt4Grievous1.jpg

boxed pic of this battlepack

i believe the red ARC is identified as captain fordo on the box.

Dominic Guglieme
05-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks. The molding on Fordo looks great. He has holsters on his skirt.

And, interesting look for the guy on the far right.

TheDarthVader
05-24-2006, 12:14 PM
This is exclusive to which store? Is it Toys R Us?

B.
TDV

Slicker
05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
This is exclusive to which store? Is it Toys R Us?

B.
TDVI'm quite certain, yes.

Kidhuman
05-24-2006, 04:09 PM
It is TRU and that is 100% positive.

Warstar
05-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Is it me or does that one blue trooper stepping off the ship in that pic of the packaged pack have an ROTS Style AT-RT Driver helmet? O_o?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Is it me or does that one blue trooper stepping off the ship in that pic of the packaged pack have an ROTS Style AT-RT Driver helmet? O_o?
He does indeed. There was a Heavy Gunner in the toon that had a similar helmet, repainted in the colors seen here.

Warstar
05-24-2006, 08:17 PM
...would that count as an ROTS-Style Clone Trooper then?

It's important I know this :D

Reefer Shark
05-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I guess you could count him as a ROTS style clone, but he definitely appeared in the cartoon. Either way, he's a must have to me. I'm hoping to score a couple of these battlepacks.

Here's a pic from starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/cipquad/index.html): It's too bad that Hasbro didn't make the gun acurate, but I suppose we're lucky to be getting him in the first place.

Kidhuman
05-24-2006, 11:44 PM
I have to find this set. I might need help with this one from some people. Chux I am looking to you.

Darth Cruel
05-25-2006, 12:09 AM
I guess you could count him as a ROTS style clone, but he definitely appeared in the cartoon. Either way, he's a must have to me. I'm hoping to score a couple of these battlepacks.

Here's a pic from starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/cipquad/index.html): It's too bad that Hasbro didn't make the gun acurate, but I suppose we're lucky to be getting him in the first place.

In the Cartoon...there are two types of heavy gunners. The one in this pick is missing...the one included in the set gets off the Gunship just ahead of this guy.

Edit...OK except the Trooper with this blaster had a regular helmet.

kool-aid killer
05-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Im hoping to get two of these, one for my brother and the other for me. Hes going to love the clone with the gatling gun. Im just hoping these will be easy to find, since we all know its going to be a popular item.

Kidhuman
05-25-2006, 12:20 AM
If they ship them like the Target clone set then it should be no problem as they hit clearance in multiple areas.

Darth Cruel
05-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Also...the red clone in the battle pack is missing his antenna.

Dominic Guglieme
05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
The antenna might be a mispack, and may well be corrected.

I like the fact Fordo has the dual hand-guns, but I think they should have been the larger hand-guns.

Luuuuuuke
05-26-2006, 04:00 PM
If they ship them like the Target clone set then it should be no problem as they hit clearance in multiple areas.

But the Target clone set may be easy to find not because of the distribution but because people just aren't buying as many multiples of them. It's not a perfect army building set. The Grievous battlepack sort of is. I don't really collect AOTC clones so I'll be happy if I just get the one I ordered from Amazon, especially since TRU opens too late for me to go around opening time. I just want one pack for the Clone Wars gunship.

Kill Solo
05-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Somebody in Idaho supposedly scored this set at his brick and mortar TRU, he even posted a loose pic of all the figures. It's on the otheR Site!

Banthaholic
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Somebody in Idaho supposedly scored this set at his brick and mortar TRU, he even posted a loose pic of all the figures. It's on the otheR Site!
Hopefully that's a good sign and we'll be seeing these in our homes within the next week.

Darth Cruel
05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a buddy here in So Cal who has picked up 2 of these battle packs. I am not sure...but I think he got them at Frank-n-Scalper's.

Dominic Guglieme
05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Any word on the red officer's antenna/target scope?

Jango Speck
06-01-2006, 02:02 AM
I have a buddy here in So Cal who has picked up 2 of these battle packs. I am not sure...but I think he got them at Frank-n-Scalper's.

Since there are no reports/pix of any retail findings, I'd assume it was Frank 'N Scalpers.

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Any word on the red officer's antenna/target scope?

I am checking on this.

Edit - The red figure does not have an antenna. The character in the cartoon does. So that sucks.

Dominic Guglieme
06-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks buddy.

Now I know to avoid this set. :sad:

Hasbro blew it.....again........

DarkArtist
06-01-2006, 08:13 PM
ordered it from amazon.com back in January when I first saw it, figuring it would be the clones shown on the gunship box. here it is june 1st and still nothing. they said it would be released may 1st.:( :( :(

figrin bran
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM
patience Darkartist, patience. would you rather the brick and mortar TRU stores be your only means of getting this set?

no antenna, no problem, i'll just attach one myself.

Dominic Guglieme
06-02-2006, 07:38 PM
The problem is that I would have to sacrifice the antenna on another figure to do that. And, I am really not keen on the idea of sacrificing parts for the sake of compensating for Hasbro's avoidable mistakes. :tired:

Thunderbird
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
I just found these tonight here in San Diego:thumbsup: They only had one case and quite a few of the Gunships. Keep your eye's open.

figrin bran
06-03-2006, 02:52 AM
i didn't get another delay notice from amazon and so as far as i know, shipping will still be around June 5-7. i'm still going to check my local TRU's though.

figrin bran
06-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Found! at my local TRU!!!! i'm going to open it up right after i cancel the amazon order

Blue2th
06-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Found! at my local TRU!!!! i'm going to open it up right after i cancel the amazon order
You are lucky you found one. I just received an e-mail today saying that the item is no longer available, and my order for three has been cancelled.:upset:

figrin bran
06-03-2006, 06:25 PM
i'm sorry to hear that Blue2th. i wonder if it might be because TRU and Amazon are supposed to be parting ways.

if anyone is curious about the figures in the pack, 3 of them are repaints of the CW ARC trooper. the heavy gunner is the ROTS clone commander arms, body, legs + bacara skirt + AT-RT driver head repainted. Captain Fordo, the red ARC is the clone commander sculpt and a ball jointed head unlike the other ARC troopers in the pack.

i don't have a picture of it right now but from the animated series, that heavy gunner clone should actually have a different type of gun (a quadruple gun) and not the gatling gun which is held by one of the regular blue ARC's.

Darth Cruel
06-03-2006, 10:08 PM
My buddy picked this up for me today...cool! But I am willing to bet that these will be easy to find eventually (but not so confident that I am willing to fess mine up).

Blue2th
06-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Found 2 at TRU today. Happy, happy, joy, joy! Now I can display them with the Gunship. Looks like from what I am reading at other Star Wars sites, like me, everyone who put there orders in when TRU finally changed from Defense of the Senate to the corrected Hunt for Grievous, got cancelled because of unavailability. I must say this is an awesome set. With the exception of the corrected blue colors on the Arc Troopers and the Heavy Gunner, I think I like my original Clone Wars Arcs better. Though I will have to put them side by side and check em.

El Chuxter
06-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I have to find this set. I might need help with this one from some people. Chux I am looking to you.

Funny, I was looking to you.

They've closed down all the TRU's within about 30-45 miles of here, and with gas as much as it's been lately, I can't afford to go that far without knowing for certain I'll be able to find the set. So I could use some help as well.

Slicker, KH and I are looking to you. (This should warrant a full 24 hours without Slicker's mom jokes. :p)

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Funny, I was looking to you.

They've closed down all the TRU's within about 30-45 miles of here, and with gas as much as it's been lately, I can't afford to go that far without knowing for certain I'll be able to find the set. So I could use some help as well.

Slicker, KH and I are looking to you. (This should warrant a full 24 hours without Slicker's mom jokes. :p)

Well you know my demographics and how far TRU is from me as well. This blows.

figrin bran
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
KH and Chux, i can't guarantee anything but i'll see if i can come by any extra sets for you guys.

Slicker
06-04-2006, 06:16 PM
KH and Chux, i can't guarantee anything but i'll see if i can come by any extra sets for you guys.Same here. I'll have to check next time I'm out at TRU for yousas.

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
KH and Chux, i can't guarantee anything but i'll see if i can come by any extra sets for you guys.

Thanks FB. Mucho appreciated.

figrin bran
06-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks FB. Mucho appreciated.

like i said, i can't guarantee anything and if i have to fight off scalpers (i barely got my own set when dirty sanchez walked into the store), it'll cost a little extra ;)

Turbowars
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM
like i said, i can't guarantee anything and if i have to fight off scalpers (i barely got my own set when dirty sanchez walked into the store), it'll cost a little extra ;)I hope you aren't saying Dirty Sanchez got one. :upset:

TheDarthVader
06-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Dirty Sanchez...DS...as in DEATH STAR.

I bet this guy is blowin' collectors' hearts up one at a time in his diabolical plan to scalp all of the hunt for grievous battle packs. We must go in...
this is gold leader...all wings report in...

"Red nine standing by."

B.
TDV

figrin bran
06-05-2006, 12:27 AM
don't worry turbo, el senor sanchez didn't get a single one. that's payback for all the times he's pulled figures that were right in front of me. if only the dancing banana icon were available, it would go right here.

TDV, don't say things like that! dirty sanchez isn't worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the Death Star! :mad:

Kidhuman
06-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Any help will be appreciated FB.

figrin bran
06-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Any help will be appreciated FB.

so does "appreciation" mean "1st or 2nd draft pick in the fantasy football draft"??? i mean, i really need to make sure i get brett favre :p

Kidhuman
06-05-2006, 02:53 AM
I dont set the draft picks, I let the computer do it automatically. I will however draft Farve for you and then trade him to you for Lyle Alzedo

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Guys, I went into TRU yesterday...they had an awesome Superman Returns display and set up!! Huge displays and endcaps of all kinds of great Superman stuff, it was incredible!!

Oh wait a minute...Hunt for Grievous...

I have been reading this thread and I know a couple of you are looking for it and I took the time to see if they had any in the store but they did not. I asked an employee about that wonderful Superman Returns display. It really is a thing of beauty.
Oh yeah, and the Hunt for Grievous has been selling out he said. Apparently they didn't get many but he said I was welcome to call back and see (if they had one he said he might could help me but I take that with a grain of salt). I will do that and if they have any I will go over there and get some if you guys are still needing one.
And after that I will lay down and take a nap in the Superman Returns section.

Luuuuuuke
06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I got the Hunt for Grievous on Saturday in Montebello. I only get to go to openings on weekends and there were at least 10 collectors and scalpers, but miraculously almost all of them went for the wrestling figures. But this one guy grabbed the entire case-worth of HFG. I asked and he gave me one and asked if I wanted any more, which I didn't.

I won't call him a "scalper" because A)I have no idea who he was, B)"collectors" have been known to grab entire cases for their friends, for army building, etc, and C)he was courteous.

I find that if you ask, most of the times people have a hard time saying "no." If they do, then they just proved themselves jerks.

Anyway, thank God for Wrestlemania.

Dominic Guglieme
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Any change on Fordo's scope/antenna? :lipsrsealed: Is the missing part a variant, or is it constant?

Blue2th
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Any change on Fordo's scope/antenna? :lipsrsealed: Is the missing part a variant, or is it constant?
So far with the 2 sets I have Fordo is missing his scope. There is a hole for it though. ?? I might have to take one off a spare Jango or Boba.

figrin bran
06-05-2006, 09:48 PM
my fordo has no antenna either. no big deal since i have an extra b. fett antenna from the target cup set and i don't like that sculpt anyhow.

jedi master sal
06-06-2006, 01:21 PM
like i said, i can't guarantee anything and if i have to fight off scalpers (i barely got my own set when dirty sanchez walked into the store), it'll cost a little extra ;)

Heh heh "Dirty Sanchez"...I know what that means, and while it's a good term for a scalper it doesn't mean that, heh heh.

BTW, I can use some help here as well on this set. I was on vacation all of last week and went faithfully everyday but one to TRU to no avail.

Certainly if I find this set, I'll hook up my SSG brothers who helps me out. Thankfully I have 3 not to far from me and another 4 more a little further out. So as soon as I know they are hitting the Pittsburgh area, I'll be on the hunt.

Any help would be appreciated and of course I'll do the same.

-Sal

Reefer Shark
06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Heh heh "Dirty Sanchez"...I know what that means, and while it's a good term for a scalper it doesn't mean that, heh heh.

lol! The scalpers around here like to circle up and give each other Dirty Sanchez's before they run into the stores, it helps them identify each other:

"oh, you have "chocolate" on your upper lip. Here let me give you my extra Scorch" lol

I haven't had any luck on this pack yet either. The set is still prime scalper material out here, so I probably won't see any for a few more weeks at best (unless my Amazon order actually goes through :rolleyes: ).

Joshkj
06-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I just secured 2 sets through a trade as well as the gunship so im finding myself very fortunate :) Freaking scalpers.

Viper-Clone
06-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey I am new here so I appologize if this is a repeat of someone elses post but anyone know what the freak is going on with this set? I ordered my sets off AMAZON like in May and now they say that its not available and mine wont be shipped until July sometime.

I thought I saw something about toys r us leaving AMAZON???

Anyway I was just wondering because the brick and mortar stores I have suck as far as getting the new stuff in at all.

Darth Cruel
06-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey I am new here so I appologize if this is a repeat of someone elses post but anyone know what the freak is going on with this set? I ordered my sets off AMAZON like in May and now they say that its not available and mine wont be shipped until July sometime.

I thought I saw something about toys r us leaving AMAZON???

Anyway I was just wondering because the brick and mortar stores I have suck as far as getting the new stuff in at all.

Welcome to the boards V-C!

It does appear that the TRU/Amazon split is causing a delay. My understanding is that those people that ordered will be recieving instructions on what needs to be done to get those orders filled either through email of through the new site when it is up.

mtriv73
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah. I had pre-ordered 2 sets as well as the gunship when they had their buy 2 get one free sale in april. The gunship is here but the clone packs are on hold indefinitely. Luckily, I found them today at a local TRU. I'm still not cancelling my order, you can never have too many clones. Especially when 1 set is free. Hopefully, there will be some provision to transfer the pre-orders in July (see that thread for more info.)

trandoshan666
06-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I finally got this pack today, and must say I'm lovin' it. :love:
I'm not an opener, but it displays beautifully, so I'm still happy.
I checked because of the earlier posts, and the Fordo in my battlepack has his antenna. Anyone know if one version is any tougher to get than the other?

figrin bran
06-15-2006, 10:06 PM
doh! you got a Fordo with antenna! i had to take one from an extra boba fett to glue onto mine. i would assume that the antenna less version is "tougher" to get but i'm only guessing.

before i was able to find this battlepack, i had only the animated ARC troopers to put in the CW gunship and it got me thinking that it might have been nice had this battlepack consisted of animated figures.
i'm sure not too many would agree with me but i just thought i'd put that out for discussion ;)

Darth Cruel
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
FB - I think he may be pulling your leg about the Fordo Antenna.

Reefer Shark
06-15-2006, 10:23 PM
the Fordo in my battlepack has his antenna. Anyone know if one version is any tougher to get than the other?
It's interesting that yours has the antenna, that's the first I've heard of it. If that's the case, I'll bet it explains the delay with these things. I've had mine on pre-order since March, and I haven't heard a damn thing out of Amazon/TRU..

before i was able to find this battlepack, i had only the animated ARC troopers to put in the CW gunship and it got me thinking that it might have been nice had this battlepack consisted of animated figures.
i'm sure not too many would agree with me but i just thought i'd put that out for discussion ;)
I think the Animated figures would look pretty cool in the gunship (although it's too bad there isn't any animated blue Arc's),

Now, they would look fantastic in an "animated" style CW Gunship! Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to a few animated style ships or maybe even a playset or two (I know I'm really stretching it with that one...).

Turbowars
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Playset is a nasty word to Hasbro.:D

Reefer Shark
06-15-2006, 10:32 PM

Apparently so, they say we're not interested (and they're probably right for the most part).:yes:

figrin bran
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
i was just about to say that yes, there are Blue ARCs but then i realized that i repainted them ;)

trandoshan666
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
FB - I think he may be pulling your leg about the Fordo Antenna.
This post prompted me to recheck, and yep, I'm an idiot mine doesn't have the antenna after all.:o Sorry FB, but I guess I was pulling your leg not intentionally, though.

Banthaholic
06-17-2006, 12:43 AM
If they made playsets worth buying than they wouldn't have problems selling them. I'm a fan of some sort of playset, or if nothing else some accessories that might be found in said playset.

figrin bran
06-17-2006, 02:09 AM
that's okay trandoshan - i shoulda known that your species ain't nothin but a bunch of dishonest slave traders and bounty hunters ;) (btw, i just finished a trandoshan jedi custom but i'm in the process of getting a new camera and so i don't have pics to post just yet)

so after my modifications, my fordo has an antenna and yours doesn't! :p

mastermatt24
06-17-2006, 02:57 AM
I gotta go to TRU and try to get me one of these.

mtriv73
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
I just opened my pack of troopers and tried to put them in the gunship. The three blue arc's fit on the pegs fine, but Fordo and the heavy gunner won't fit :upset: Plus, the neck thingy's fall off if the air conditioning kicks on and the view finders fall out just as easily. It looks fantastic in the package, but this set is a pice of carp.

Luuuuuuke
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I just opened my pack of troopers and tried to put them in the gunship. The three blue arc's fit on the pegs fine, but Fordo and the heavy gunner won't fit :upset: Plus, the neck thingy's fall off if the air conditioning kicks on and the view finders fall out just as easily. It looks fantastic in the package, but this set is a pice of carp.

I'm not really too bothered about this set's shortcomings, but they are pretty blatant. In terms of the defects, I think the stupidly open-ended pauldron's are the worst because... well, because it makes no damn sense.

Making the view finders detachable was pointless. I haven't tried to fit Fordo or the gunner on the pegs so I'll take your word that they don't fit.

Actually what annoyed me the most was the blue ARC's horrifically bad articulation. But despite all this I don't regret buying this set.

figrin bran
06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
My Fordo and Gunner fit just fine onto the pegs and as for the easily detachable viewfinders, might i suggest super glue? :)

Luuuuuuke
06-20-2006, 12:30 AM
My Fordo and Gunner fit just fine onto the pegs and as for the easily detachable viewfinders, might i suggest super glue? :)

But that would be too easy. :D

I didn't have a problem with my Fordo and gunner fitting in the pegs either.

mtriv73
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
The super glue is a given since I don't want to lose the little parts. It would have been nice to be able to reposition them though. The pauldron problem can also be fixed by creatively using the little rubber bands that come with everything Hasbro makes. The point is though, you shouldn't have to do this.

jedi master sal
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Instead of super glue, you can try using rubber cement. With rubber cement you can remove the viewfinder later if you choose, plus be able to easily remove the actual rubber cement without damage to the parts. As for the paulrons, I'm drilling a small hole on each end and using either a thread or fine fishing line to tie it together.

BTW, I thought the same about the articulation of the BLUE ARC, but actually this is the VERY same articulation, NAY, smae exact figures as the previous ARC troopers. We didn't much complain about them then. So we really should now. I'm fine with them. If they'd have given them more articulation then the price of teh set would have shot up to $30-35. I'm cool with what we got.

Notice on RS they give the receipe for both Fordo and the gunner, should you wish to custom ones for yourself.

I reccommend this set regardless of its shortcomings.

-Sal

Mad Slanted Powers
06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Since there is no longer a TRU here, I ordered one. It still hasn't shipped. However, I was in Williamsport, PA the past few days, and found one at the TRU down the road at the Lycoming Mall. I didn't have room to bring it back with me on the plane, so I had to open it. Some disappointments, but a nice addition to my clone army.

jedi_riccan
11-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Well I officially give up trying to find this set. Since Amazon canceled my order, and I kept missing it on tru.com, and in the local tru here, I give up. I forbid to pay epay prices for it. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has an extra set willing to part with it please let me know. I would be most grateful....

Phantom-like Menace
11-08-2006, 12:30 AM
I've been surprised how scarce this set is. Usually TRU exclusives aren't too hard to find, but I've only seen it twice. Hopefully someone can help you out.

El Chuxter
11-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I've seen all the other recent TRU exclusives (X-Wing, AT-AT, Gunship) a few times. This, not even a shelf tag. :(

abell748
11-09-2006, 06:17 AM
This was one of the few Battle Packs that I was going to purchase, but I kept missing it on the website and it never saw the light of day at my local TRU. I also refuse to pay the ebay-rate for this collection of kit bashes. The store price was fine for it, but the 30-40 plus the 10+ some charge for shipping, no freakin' way.

Luuuuuuke
11-11-2006, 12:53 AM
I saw the weirdest thing at BigBadToystore.com. They had the set listed for $12.99. Of course it sold out, but just seeing that price made me do a double take. It's still listed actually, though not available.

I was able to find these pretty easily. I got a couple of sets, and hooked up some friends at another forum with a couple. I even offered someone here one I stashed, but I guess he was set. I forgot all about it, but in any event, it's not there anymore. I didn't stash any more because to be honest, I saw them regularly enough that I didn't imagine they were that impossible for some people to find(but also because there don't seem to be many active SSG members in my area).