PDA

View Full Version : Red Clone Trooper

Dominic Guglieme
05-22-2006, 09:36 PM
This is just a quick review of the trooper from the "Skirmish in the Senate" pack.

While colored variants of the super-articulated body are not new, this toy does something that I have not seen the others do. The shoulders are one solid color. This really should not be as nice a touch as it is, but as Hasbro normally skimps on this, I give it points.

While the plastic feels a bit weaker than on the #41, it does not feel ready to break.

The biggest problem is that it is packed with 2 figures that most collectors already have, if they want them at all, Yoda and the Emperor. (I traded my Senate seat for two more troopers, which made the set worth the price for me.)

Grade: B Not perfect, but one of the better Clones thus far.

plasticfetish
05-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey man, welcome to the review section.

So, isn't the clone in this set the same as this one...
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29920

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
So I feel like a dope. I really thought that the clones from this set were just the #6 shock troopers again... had no idea they were repainted #41 clones 'til today. :yes:

Now I can see why people keep opening them, switching the clones out, and then returning them.

Dominic Guglieme
05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
I have seen them returned with white troops, and even no troops. :tired:

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah, it's an old story, but that's really lame. We were just looking at them an hour or so ago, and there was a returned box with some #6 clones in it. They weren't even tied down... just rattling around in the box. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I dunno what it is, but it seems like Star Wars has gone theft-crazy over the past 6 months, waaaay worse than ever before.

JEDIpartner
05-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I would have stolen the senate pod before stealing the troopers. :p Then again, I wouldn't have stolen anything at all!!

Luuuuuuke
05-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I keep hearing stories of switched figures but I have never ever seen an instance of that. Guess I've been lucky.

The great thing about SA clones is that they just look more natural and realistic and less robotic than other clones. The color on the SA shocktrooper is slightly off and it lacks the emblem on the left shoulder that the #6 shocktrooper has, and the paint is generally not as crisp. But the positives outweight the negatives, and besides, the clone troopers in the movie don't always have perfectly layered paint jobs. They look like they've been out fighting.
The fact that they're packed with Yoda and Palpatine has probably made this battlepack easier to find. Probably not a lot of people are anxious to buy too many of these for $20, especially if they already have a few #6 shocktroopers and they're not massive army builders.

Dominic Guglieme
05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Look at it this way. Single figures run 7 or so each. 20 bucks, for 2 good troops, a senate seat, and a Yoda/Emperor pairing (for the kids in your life) ain't bad. I traded the Senate seat, and got more troops.

Luuuuuuke
05-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Look at it this way. Single figures run 7 or so each. 20 bucks, for 2 good troops, a senate seat, and a Yoda/Emperor pairing (for the kids in your life) ain't bad. I traded the Senate seat, and got more troops.

It's a great deal if you buy one battlepack, good if you buy two and after that it becomes progressively not as good a deal:D I bought three, which gives me a solid 6 SA clones. That's cool enough for me. Trading the Senate seats for troops is a good idea if you don't care for the pods. I'm okay with them.