PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider

Rocketboy
05-23-2006, 09:30 PM
The first trailers for Ghost Rider have hit (one US and one international).
The international trailer has a footage that isn't in the US trailer.
Even though GR looks pretty cool, the CG looks like it needs some cleaning up. It looks obviously CG.
It's got Nicolas Cage so I'm not too excited. GR a middle-aged man? At least he's not Superman.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

Darth Instigator
05-23-2006, 10:00 PM
wow very interesting, this was one of my sons first favorite toys. He should be happy

UKWildcat
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM
The only CG I think looks iffy is GR himself, his skeleton (skull mainly); as seen towards the end of the trailer. Everything else looked pretty good to me. I don't mind Cage so much, a little old but oh well.

Sam Elliot is a bada*s!!! I'm thrilled that he the Caretaker.

JetsAndHeels
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Nice shot of Eva Mendes. :D

Tycho
05-26-2006, 04:47 AM
I'm not a big Nick Cage fan, but the trailer actually looked good. I'll probably see this.

Slicker
05-26-2006, 05:13 AM
Yeah, the trailer definitely does look interesting.

I too hate Nick Cage but for some reason I like nearly every movie he's in. I guess his agent just knows how to choose good films...

Phantom-like Menace
05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
The trailer--in all seriousness--portrayed a flaming Skull Head driving a flaming mortorcycle up the wall of a building. . . . And I'll be damned if it didn't look kind of cool. It might be something to see afterall.

2-1B
05-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I could see this one going either way for me. It looks silly but I'm a sucker for Sam Elliot so we'll see. I didn't like The Hulk and he couldn't save that one, though.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Sam Elliot's a cool guy. I'd like to see him in a movie about Mouse Droids, alongside Chuck Norris.

Maybe they'd be fighting to free all the Mouse Droids from plastic blister packs in Targets and Wal-Marts around the country!

The movie would open with Chuck Norris on his bow-flex device strengthening his forearms so he could rip open Star Wars cardbacks and Sam Elliot meditating before a loose Mouse Droid with insense burning all around it.

Then suddenly a SWAT Team van would crash through the glass door entryway to Target, and scalpers would dive to the floor for cover. Then Chuck and Sam would emerge and kick red-shirts (Target employees) left and right out of their way as they proceeded to move to the toy isle.

Meanwhile the police would surround Target and a helicopter would be brought in. Chuck and Sam would rip up the lower shelving in the toy isles and discover POTJ figure cards stashed there since 2001 and then proceed to free the Mouse Droids which would come alive and follow them as they rampaged through the store.

The Police would shoot tear gas into the building but Chuck and Sam would use dog harnesses from the pet department to affix Mouse Droids to their noses, thus rendering them unaffected from the tear gas.

As the police moved in, Chuck and Sam would fight them into the sports section where Chuck would use his bow-flex arms to hurl women's mini-arobicize weights at them while Sam loaded a paintball gun and held them at bay. Meanwhile the Mouse Droids would proceed into a Delta attack pattern formation and trip the cops, thus allowing Chuck and Sam to escape Target and proceed on to repeat their assault on Wal-Mart.

Meanwhile, a cool evasive scene with our heroes own SWAT van dodging the police helicopter would add gratuitous special effects to the film.

2-1B
05-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Tycho, I think Road House with Patrick Swayze is about as close as you'll get. And a fine picture it is. :thumbsup:

scruffziller
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Don't know how great the story for the movie will be but it sure looks dang kewl.......... GR always somewhat reminded me of Spawn, now there was a comic to read!!!!!!!

Rocketboy
06-05-2006, 09:13 PM
"They were just tweaking certain things towards the end," he explained. "The reason the movie was delayed, I know that's been on people's minds. There were some effects that finally got authorized by the studio which [writer-director] Mark [Steven Johnson] really wanted and they're pretty big and it took time to put them together and design them. So we had to delay it and I think it's good because it's something we really wanted to fight for with Ghost Rider going into battle with a helicopter."http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14851

So is GR fighting the helicopter or flying the helicopter in battle?
Either way - I have a bad feeling about this.

El Chuxter
06-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm with you. Either way it feels just. . . wrong for Ghost Rider.

darthvyn
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm with you. Either way it feels just. . . wrong for Ghost Rider.

yeah, why not just send him into battle with a giant robotic spider...

(Kevin) Smith also offered hilarious insight into the absurdity of big business Hollywood when he talked about his ill-fated stab at writing the still-unproduced "Superman" script for legendary hairdresser-turned-producer Jon Peters. Smith told the story of how he drove to Peters' fortress in the Hollywood Hills, a mansion reminiscent of the Batcave, and discussed with Peters the direction of the "Superman" film. According to Smith, Peters wanted to cast Sean Penn as the superhero, he didn't want Superman to fly and he didn't want Superman to wear a superhero suit. Peters also envisioned a huge spider playing into the action, Smith said. Bemused, Smith took a stab at the story, collected a hefty paycheck and ultimately, the film languished in development hell. Smith realized the next summer, as he sat in a theater watching "Wild Wild West," which Peters produced, that the high-powered producer had gotten his giant spider. Everyone wins and loses in Hollywood.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
new trailer is up. Enjoy!

http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/ghost-rider-nicolas-cage?ncid=AOLMOV00050000000009 :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
10-05-2006, 11:28 PM
new trailer is up. Enjoy!Ummm...yeah...no.

Worse than Elektra?
Maybe.

Worth the price of admission to watch Cage's head burts into flames?
Possibly.