PDA

View Full Version : Animated Star Trek appears to be coming to DVD

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5721

Well, after a long time of nothing official being said and rumors all but confirming that this series was coming in the second half of 2006, it seems the announcement is almost upon us. The art and Trek logo for this release has been provided to the DVD news outlets, and TVShows has put them together to show what the final box art may very well look like.

Keep in mind this title still hasn't been OFFICIALLY announced, but it's a good sign when Paramount is providing retailers and reporters with art from the series. Now those VHS tapes my dad has can be retired.

Can't wait to relive those cheaply animated adventures and experience the greatness of body splitting Bem.

Jayspawn
05-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Not sure I trust the announcement with the picture. Kirk and the gang dont look anything like that on the animated series.

I'd definatly get the Animated Series though. That'd be awesome!

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Have you ever seen the VHS covers for the animated series, Jayspawn? That image of the four crew members shown on the DVD site was the same image they used on each VHS release.

I'm not saying it's the best picture, but Paramount has used it before.

JediTricks
05-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Haw! Took 'em long enough. I guess these will be out this year, thus making it in time for Trek's 40th anniversary.

Jayspawn
05-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Have you ever seen the VHS covers for the animated series, Jayspawn? That image of the four crew members shown on the DVD site was the same image they used on each VHS release.

AH! Thats right! I forgot about the ol' VHSs.

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5748

The release date is November 21. Also, it's a bit funny to see others had similar thoughts on the artwork being not quite right.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Weird, I hadn't even noticed how the ship's artwork was representing the movie Enterprise which came AFTER the TV show and cartoon version.