PDA

View Full Version : Nice Ultra Darth's TIE pics on the front page...

Warstar
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
...looks like the small (?) AF Mold? Am I right? :p

I still wonder if the X-Wing and Republic Gunship will be re-released in the cases...

JediTricks
05-24-2006, 07:44 PM
I think it looks like the small Vader's TIE, but I can't be sure of it. It's nice, but it's another piece I'm not going to get, I have too many Action Fleet Vader's TIEs already.

Warstar
05-24-2006, 08:14 PM
...hence why I am not too upset about getting rid of my AF's but I digress...

I'll get it for the new accurate cockpit window alone :D

I wonder why we don't get any side shots though?

Kidhuman
05-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Very nice. I have to start getting this line. I like the ships in here.

Slicker
05-25-2006, 03:58 AM
Very nice. I have to start getting this line. I like the ships in here.Same here. I regret it more and more when they release new ones. I've passed on all of them thus far (I think I have at least) and it would cost a bit too much to try and play catch up at this point.

dindae
05-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Looking at the bases it looks like they are now reflective. I still prefer the stands on the X-wing/Gunship rather then having to unscrew ships from the bases. If they were pegs instead of screws I would be fine, but screw are a pain.

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
The screws have the advantage of saving big on packaging costs, the work they put into those WM 6" were way too complex and STILL put the vehicles at risk. The screw design on the other hand keeps the vehicle rock solid still and away from any of the display case packaging.

Warstar
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Same here. I regret it more and more when they release new ones. I've passed on all of them thus far (I think I have at least) and it would cost a bit too much to try and play catch up at this point.

Nah- They're all relatviely cheap right now. In fact, the Ultra's average about $25 a shot on Ebay, and since there are only 6 officially released right now (Rep Gunship, X-Wing, Slave 1, Snowspeeder, ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter, it wouldn't cost that much, really.

I'm stoked for the AT-AT- I can't wait :D I wonder how it will be secured to the base though?

As for the reflective design, a new design is shown on the Ultra Flyer for the bases...however, that pic could be an angle shot of the black plastic reflecting the white light you know...

dindae
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Nah- They're all relatviely cheap right now. In fact, the Ultra's average about $25 a shot on Ebay, and since there are only 6 officially released right now (Rep Gunship, X-Wing, Slave 1, Snowspeeder, ARC-170 and Droid Tri-Fighter, it wouldn't cost that much, really.

The only two you need to hit ebay for would be the Xwing and Gunship. I'd be happy to clear a tri-fighter and Arc-170 from the shelves here if you couldn't find them. :D