PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, stupid, stupid Simpsons question

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know if the episode where Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it parked at the World Trade Center has aired in syndication in any market since 2001?

Just curious.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
good question, I haven't seen that episode in so long and it's one of my favs. I love it when Homer goes to the twin towers to use the bathroom...HILARIOUS!!

sorry this post is of absolutely NO value to your question hehe

James Boba Fettfield
05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Yes, it's aired since 9/11.

pegger
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if the episode where Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it parked at the World Trade Center has aired in syndication in any market since 2001?

Just curious.

It was on up here (Toronto) about a month ago.

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Although there were rumors of it being pulled from syndication due to a single airing in late '01 being pulled, I've seen it aired a couple times since then although very rarely. I take notice of it not because "The City of New York vs Homer Simpson", the season opener for '97-'98, has the World Trade Center in it and is thus controversial, but because it is the episode I felt The Simpsons started their meteoric fall from quality.

JimJamBonds
05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
I have also seen it once or twice in the nearly 5 years since 9/11. There are a few good parts of that episode JT.... (very) few. :D

Kidhuman
05-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Yes it has aired. I do beeive I have it dl'd somewhere as well.

El Chuxter
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Okay, I was just wond'rin'. I've not seen it on TV in years myself.

Overall, not a great episode, but three gags stand out:

1) Woody Allen dumping his garbage on Homer's head
2) "Bathroom out of order: Use other tower."
3) "Ewww! I'll take the crab juice!"

Isn't that also the episode with the immortal "Duffman can never die, only the actors who portray him" line?

Kidhuman
05-27-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes, because it is a Duff party that sends Barney and Homer on a drunken binge

JediTricks
05-28-2006, 02:43 AM
I have also seen it once or twice in the nearly 5 years since 9/11. There are a few good parts of that episode JT.... (very) few. :DThat's like saying there's great poetry in Spaceballs if you rearrange all the letters in the script. :p

You know which ep I haven't seen lately? "A Streetcar Named Marge", the one where Marge & Ned Flanders and the group put on the musical "Oh Streetcar!" making many references to New Orleans. Ever since Hurricane Katrina that one's been missing.

James Boba Fettfield
05-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Ever since Hurricane Katrina (and long before it), all of the older episodes are missing. I was surprised to see the Columbus station airing older episodes a few weeks back, but they only did it for two days (Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song and The Boy Who Knew Too Much). Then it was right back into episodes such as "latest American Idol winner guest stars" and "a Christmas episode where Homer is a selfish jerk."

It must be part of the plan to sell DVDs. It's the only legal way around here to see anything from Season 8 and before.