PDA

View Full Version : good article by DvD

Dominic Guglieme
05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/Fanfic/Toyhacks

I am not sure if this is worthy of being in the RP. But, better safe than sorry.

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Nothing religious or political there, so I'm moving it. Also, since this is a SW board and not a Transformers board, I doubt these guys are gonna know Dave.

Van Domelen makes some good points, but I think his argument plays into the hands of extremists on both sides too easily.

2-1B
05-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Van Domelen makes some good points, but I think his argument plays into the hands of extremists on both sides too easily.

Kinda like comparing Rush fans to PT fans ? :crazed:

Dominic Guglieme
05-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Nothing religious or political there, so I'm moving it. Also, since this is a SW board and not a Transformers board, I doubt these guys are gonna know Dave.

How so? His allspark affiliations aside, DvD is one of the less controversial, and clannish fans around.

seanmcfripp
05-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Kinda like comparing Rush fans to PT fans ? :crazed:

Hey wait, I heard that!

* pulls out pot stirring spoon *

So you're saying you're an extremist? :D

2-1B
05-27-2006, 12:19 AM
So you're saying you're an extremist? :D

Maybe I am :confused: or maybe I AM ! :crazed:

JediTricks
05-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Kinda like comparing Rush fans to PT fans ? :crazed:Hey, I didn't even POST in that thread! :p

How so? His allspark affiliations aside, DvD is one of the less controversial, and clannish fans around.I got the feeling that a lot of extremists will read that and be able to place those they disagree with into the opposing category too easily because there are no shades of gray involved, no lesser-hacks.

2-1B
05-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Hey, I didn't even POST in that thread! :p

you, sir, are MUCH wiser than I. :crazed:

seanmcfripp
05-29-2006, 01:17 PM
you, sir, are MUCH wiser than I. :crazed:

Speaking of which, you're not done posting in that thread. Get to work! JT, open those forums back up now! And while you're at, you can afford to be a little less wise, so maybe you oughta post too! :whip:

2-1B
05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
I am done, I thought I made it clear that I don't take seriously the arguments made by people foolish enough to be suckered into marriage. lol :stir: lol

Dominic Guglieme
05-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey, I didn't even POST in that thread! :p

I got the feeling that a lot of extremists will read that and be able to place those they disagree with into the opposing category too easily because there are no shades of gray involved, no lesser-hacks.

But, that is not really DvD's fault though. And, he has since updated the article, touching in part on your point.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 06:48 PM
It is his fault since as the author he made suggestions without fully developing their borders or the sweep of their range, that doesn't mean it's a failure, just that he made a broad statement without quantifying it.

Dominic Guglieme
06-01-2006, 08:08 PM
I can see what you are saying. Many of his later clarifications would likely have helped initially.

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
It's the kind of thing that works on a myspace blog, I think blogging has made people less careful with their words and concepts though.