PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow "Order of the Jedi" Anakin Skywalker 12" figure reviewed

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Here it comes! Mine's riding in a Fedex truck right now, on its way to my front door. So... who's got it, and what do you think?

Turbowars
05-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Mines on it's way, but it's not on a truck yet. Seems the closer you are to SSC the longer it takes to get.

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe someone's carrying it over to your house. :D

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 10:41 PM
CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER!!! I'm telling! :p

Turbowars
05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Possibly. :pleased: So far SSC customer service is sub par. My Jedi Luke ordered was delayed and they couldn't tell me why. This week I called to get a ship quote (paying with check) and they said they would e-mail it to me the next day, nothing. I call back and I get the same thing. I call back and finally they get their heads out of their behind. As long as I get the figures I guess I can deal with it.

Darth Cruel
05-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I posted a review in the wrong place...the Sideshow Now Processing - 12" Anakin Skywalker (item #2119) - in the Sideshow Collectibles/12" Scale forum. I have requested that the mods move it here. But I want to add a few notes,. Unfortunately...they are negatives...but very minor ones...I love the figure no less.

1) The incredibly cool Aquabreather has no more function than looks...No sweat to me, I am fine with having it.

2) The material of the robe doesn't allow the point of the hood to lay down against the figure's back when the hood is up...but I did find a way to get it done very well, though not perfectly.

3) I do have to keep re-seating the removeable arm. It does not come all the way out...but partly. Not difficult to work around.

I also have a few pics that I want to post...but seeing as my computer keeps freezing on me and I have to re-boot when it does...II will put those in another post so I don't lose what I have typed so far...

Darth Cruel
05-26-2006, 06:27 PM
OK...here is one more try at the pics...

It is working now plastic...I won't need you to post them.

maatu
05-26-2006, 08:44 PM
i can't wait to get mine. it's freakin cool. yippee. it's an early christmas. pictures are sweat. oh man.

plasticfetish
05-26-2006, 10:31 PM
OK...here is one more try at the pics...
It is working now plastic...I won't need you to post them.Cool! I may post 'em up front also. :) (edit: Done and done (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=29). Thanks man!)

Looks great! I have no idea how I'm gonna hide this thing from the kid 'til October. (Fat chance.)

JEDIpartner
06-02-2006, 09:18 AM
I received mine on Wednesday and I really like it. It doesn't look much like Hayden playing Anakin Skywalker but more like "Anakin Skywalker" as a character. Does that make sense?

I'm impressed with all the detail in the belt and the exposed arm. I'm having some issues with the gloved arm easily pulling out of the hole in the shoulder. Still working on a good solution as to how I can give this a long-term fix.

Turbowars
06-02-2006, 06:01 PM
I received mine on Wednesday and I really like it. It doesn't look much like Hayden playing Anakin Skywalker but more like "Anakin Skywalker" as a character. Does that make sense?

I'm impressed with all the detail in the belt and the exposed arm. I'm having some issues with the gloved arm easily pulling out of the hole in the shoulder. Still working on a good solution as to how I can give this a long-term fix.Yeah, it's called Glue. :thumbsup: I was thinking of just wrapping some tape around the post to make it a bit more snug. It's really not a problem for me since I got him in the pose I want and don't play with them so it's all good YO!

Reefer Shark
06-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah, it's called Glue. :thumbsup: I was thinking of just wrapping some tape around the post to make it a bit more snug. It's really not a problem for me since I got him in the pose I want and don't play with them so it's all good YO!

Yeah, mine has the same issue, but with he exposed arm. Like turbo said though, I have him posed the way I like him and he's not going to be moving from his little spot for a while I imagine.

mm74md
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
This is figure is phenomenal. I really like the Luke, but the Anakin is amazing. The pictures online don't do it justice. When I saw the first pictures of the production piece, I thought the lips were kinda too much. But man, this thing rocks. I'm so glad I started collecting these.

SirSteve
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Don't forget, we have a dedicated Reviews System (http://reviews.sirstevesguide.com) and I will be jumping it off by uploading a lot of products for collectors to review.

Darth Cruel
06-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Don't forget, we have a dedicated Reviews System (http://reviews.sirstevesguide.com) and I will be jumping it off by uploading a lot of products for collectors to review.

Help me out here, SS. Who posts the reviews in that section? If we are allowed to do it, how do we? I am looking for a "post review" button and not finding one.

Edit - OK, I figured it out.

plasticfetish
06-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Funny thing, is you're right... I don't see an "add review" option either. (?)

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Here's my figgerin'. We will have to click on the line of collectibles...then on the actual item...then there will be a "submit review" option that has not yet been activated.

plasticfetish
06-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Here's my figgerin'. We will have to click on the line of collectibles...then on the actual item...then there will be a "submit review" option that has not yet been activated.Okay... check it out now. The review system has been activated. There's a spot for this figure >> here (http://reviews.actionfigs.com/showproduct.php?product=42). Go for it! :)

Darth Cruel
06-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Gotta get going to a father's day barbeque...but I will be on that as soon as I get home.

jedibear
06-24-2006, 12:39 AM
...I've combed over the reviews section and cannot find any indication of how to submit a review...except on the pages where someone already has somehow posted one...what's the deal folks? Aww wait...now I see...I don't have "permission"...oh, well.

plasticfetish
06-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Aww wait...now I see...I don't have "permission"...oh, well.Don't "oh, well" so soon, there may be something wrong with the system. Remember, the whole thing's brand new... let's figure it out.

So, when you click on "upload products" it tells you that you don't have permission? You should be able to submit an item for review, (as well as add your review to an item that's already been posted, but you know that I think.) One of us needs to approve it... but it should work. What are you doing/seeing? (I may see something different, so it helps to know.)

BTW... you guys will forgive me (or any of us) if we forget to check to see if you've posted a review. It's a new thing, and I keep forgetting to see if something's been submitted. (Darth Cruel, your review was just posted. Thanks!) If you submit something, and it doesn't show up after a bit, just PM me. :thumbsup: