PDA

View Full Version : CELEBRATION IV in Los Angeles, CA.

Pages : 1 [2]

Jayspawn
03-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Airline tickets booked! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Another guest announcement tonight! This time, 12 additions!

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
Jerome Blake (Rune Haako, TPM Mas Ammeda, Opo Ranciss, etc)
Grey DeLisle (voice of Padme, Asajj Ventress, etc in Clone Wars)
Colin Higgins (Wedge from the Briefing Room scene)
Alan Ruscoe (Plo Koon, TPM Bib Fortuna)
Matthew Wood (General Grievous)
Mike Kingma (Tarfful)
Dermot Crowley (Genral Madine)
and Ewoks Kevin Thompson, Debbie Carrington, Felix Sillia, Margo Schellhorn.

Theres at least 3 Guests of Honor (Headliners) still to be named. And maybe some random additions! This keeps getting better and better.

TheRealDubya
03-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Bought 4-day pass and booked hotel & flight this morning. Can't wait.

bobafrett
04-02-2007, 07:06 AM
The only way I'll be able to go is if I win the post office contest at usps.com. Way more than I an afford I'm afraid.

DarkArtist
04-02-2007, 09:07 PM
just found this over at Starwars.com: looks like we finally have a pic of the exclusive action figures for C IV can anyone pick me up a set ?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-02-2007, 09:58 PM
just found this over at Starwars.com: looks like we finally have a pic of the exclusive action figures for C IV can anyone pick me up a set ?

lol I'd like to second that. :crazed: I need one too. :)

Darth Cruel
04-02-2007, 10:05 PM
My initial reaction is...cool. I am good with this set. I actually like the C-3PO. R2-D2 is cool for what it is...a figure of the concept art. But I actually see some use for C-3PO. They way he is sculpted may allow for some good customizing into an assasin droid.

figrin bran
04-02-2007, 10:18 PM
i'll do my best to pick up extra sets!

El Chuxter
04-03-2007, 12:21 AM
They're con exclusives?

Damn Hasbro to you-know-where!

:mad:

Tycho
04-03-2007, 12:51 AM
They'll probably be available at HasbroToyShop.com. I still don't have plans to attend the Celebration this time. But I might attempt to get these droids as background filler, though I don't care as much as many of you seem to. I'm not a concept figure collector. I just might be able to make use of some of them for extras in my dioramas.

stillakid
04-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I was actually getting excited about going to a convention, but work has popped up that I just can't turn down. It's either three months in Prague or stay for a four day convention.

My problem is that I already bought my four-day pass and signed up for a shopping time at the store. Is there any way to transfer the name on the pass or is someone else allowed to use it (so I can get my Hasbro exclusive)?

OC47150
04-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Ooo, Prague. I'm envious!

I had a chance to go there in '95 when I went to Germany but it didn't work out. Our tour group was small enough -- 16 of us -- that we rented two VW vans and did the driving ourselves. The rental agency wouldn't allow us to take the vans into the Czech Republic out of fear the vans would be stolen.

So instead of Berlin-Prague-Vienna, it was Berlin-Regensburg-Vienna.

Hope you can find a solution, Stillakid. :thumbsup:

Tycho
04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Nah. Hope he enjoys the women in Prague! When I was in college I knew a fine-fine Czech girl and her sister. :love:

figrin bran
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
unfortunately, i won't be able to pick up extras of the concept droids. i can only attend for one day and apparently one day badges can only buy one set.

abell748
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Are we going to do SSG forum badges like we had at CIII? The 'scummers are doing it and we can't have them out do us.

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I hope so....even though I managed to not see an SSG soul at CIII.....

stillakid
04-06-2007, 09:45 AM

SSG'ers don't have souls. :dead::twisted:

Rebo's_Guitarist
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Huh, I thought that was folks on another site:cross-eye

SirSteve
04-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Are we going to do SSG forum badges like we had at CIII? The 'scummers are doing it and we can't have them out do us.

Sure... I'll put something together.

abell748
04-07-2007, 07:50 AM

Neither did I. Let's go represent!!!!

Jayspawn
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
A sweet SSG shirt would be awesome.

I met a few SSGers ar CIII which was great -hoping to meet more at CIV.

There should be another guest update tonight. Cant wait to see who its going to be.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2007, 08:45 AM
What did we get at CIII? We got a reissued Vader figure on a talking stand. Pretty cool but nothing so crazy amazing. CIV attendees can get the McQuarrie Luke and the McQuarrie droids. Not fair... especially since I was looking forward to the droids for the longest time!!:cry:

Tycho
04-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I bet they'll be available by other means (HasbroToyShop, StarWarsshop, etc. - eBay for 1/10th the cost of actually attending the convention). It's not luring me there.

Plus I need to see a close-up of Luke to see if I can use him in my dioramas as a civilian. Otherwise, I won't want the figure anyway.

DarkArtist
04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
please please please if anyone can get me bothe the Luke and R2 / 3PO figures at C IV I will be really grateful. I can't get the cash together to go but really want the figures. I hope that either HasbroToyShop or the Fan Club sell them.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm hoping they will as well. It's not like the C3 Vader or the Jorg Sacul would have been totally missing in one's collection but this would leave a glaring hole in the McQuarrie Signature Series.

OC47150
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Has anyone heard if the Celebration store items will be available online for those unlucky few (like me) who aren't able to attend?

Tycho
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
OC47150, if that happens, I think I'll put it in my signature line, as it's something that really needs to be known before people really overspend.

It's possibly more important than me informing everyone that Biggs Darklighter will come with his cape. :pleased:

Jayspawn
04-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm glad McLuke will also be available at CIV as well.

Every update I hear is a good one -the trip is more than worth it for me.

Another Guest Announcement tonight! 5 more names!

Jayspawn
04-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Add to the Guest list.....

Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker)
Tom Kane (Voice of Yoda in Clone Wars)
Kenneth Colley (Admiral Piette)
Nina Fallon (Stass Allie)
Anthony Forrest (Fixer, Stormtrooper in ANH)

El Chuxter
04-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Fixer?

Dude, he's not even in the movie. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
In a recent article, Steve Sansweet mentioned laser tag at CIV . . . any details on this yet?

Jayspawn
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Fixer?

Dude, he's not even in the movie. :)

I'm excited that hes going. Ben Stevens said they have a great deleted scene photo for him to sign -I'm all over that.

Anyways, Ken Collley (Piette) is gonne be popular -good price for him too. We'll see what kinda picture OfficialPix digs up for Nina Fallon (Stass Allie). Probably going to be the Order 66 picture as I think she only did that scene.

Jayspawn
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyways, I got Sideshow's 12" Yavin Luke and Space Slug Diorama on order. It'll be nice to just walk up and get mine.

A friend told me he called GenCon and they're starting to send badges out next week! About time!

DarkArtist
04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
according to RebelScum's weekly answers from Hasbro, the McQuarrie Droids will only be available at C IV and Euro Celebration which sucks since I'm not going to C IV. So again, can someone please pick me up a set. also the Luke might be available depending on whether they sell out or not, so if someone was to get me one of this to I would be forever grateful.

Jayspawn
04-15-2007, 11:50 AM
I wouldnt worry DarkArtist. I bet SWS.com will have them available. They had the CIII Vader for a short while.

Jayspawn
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Supprise update! OfficialPix has added some supprise guests and unveiled the Photo Selection!

Mat Lucas (Anakin Skywalker in Clone Wars)
Julian Glover (Gen. Veers) aso Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Howie Weed (The Wampa)
Jach Jensen (Kit Fisto in AOTC)
Andy Secombe (Watto)

Here's the link to the photo selection...

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Photos.html

abell748
04-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I was not a Master Replica Collector Society member at CIII, but I am for CIV. How much was it to attend the MR party? Since they say there will be one, I am trying to plan on price and if I could bring my wife. I don't think I can go if she has to be left behind. For those who went before, just what went on?

Jayspawn
04-18-2007, 08:08 PM
I didnt go at CIII becuase I didnt find about about it till after it happened.

I'm still waiting to see if I got in for CIV.

jonthejedi
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
jayspawn; left you a pm.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Holy crap! The official site is saying that Seth McFarlane will be there to preview the upcoming all-Star Wars episode of Family Guy. Freakin' sweet!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-28-2007, 07:38 PM
In response to my own post, theofficial site (http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070427.html) updated about the SW laser tag. This sounds awesome! Too bad they're charging for each game, especially due to the high entry price . . . I think the close proximity to Disneyland has caused CIV to become even more money-hungry than before. :D

jjreason
04-29-2007, 02:15 PM
ON the off chance no one going has felt badgered enough yet, I'll throw my name in as someone, hat in hand, who's looking for help with the exclusive figures from the convention (both droids as well as Luke). Thanks for any consideration. :nerv:

Jayspawn
05-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey! My Badge set showed upday! Anyone else get theirs?

BlueSnags
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Hey! My Badge set showed upday! Anyone else get theirs?

Mine showed up yesterday. Good times ahead.:thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-09-2007, 08:58 PM
I got mine, and like 50% of the Fan Club population I didnt get my lanyard. Needless to say Im pretty upset.....yay Gencon:upset:

executor
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I got mine yesterday - and (thankfully) they didn't forget the lanyard (I was worried after the email). And I was able to get tickets to both of the breakfasts (almost didn't happen though). Can't wait to be there!

Executor

Join the Rebellion!
redstickrebellion.com

Tycho
05-09-2007, 09:48 PM
All you guys going up to LA, driving distance for me in probably 2 hours road time without traffic, makes me really reconsider going. To hang out with all of you moreso than attend the convention really.

It's funny that executor was the last to post as I type this. I'm looking at taking a trip for 1-2 days to Baton Rouge for research for a project I'm working on.

Anyway, I can't go to C4 on Saturday night as I have a Queensryche concert down here in San Diego and I personally really enjoy those (though admittedly I attend their shows with startling frequency like I'm one of those guys that follows the Grateful Dead - only who chose a different band).

I guess I'm just "part of the Revolution." ;)

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Well my lanyard will be there to pick up, I feel a little better about the situation...

figrin bran
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
i got my badge 2 days ago. see you all there!

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-10-2007, 09:06 AM
2 weeks from now we will all be in line.......

Any word on the SSG badges?:lipsrsealed:

abell748
05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Got badges and tickets for Sunday's breakfast. Now just awaiting May 23rd.

plasticfetish
05-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Okay you coconuts!!! Looks like I'll be there on Saturday (99.9% sure), so maybe I'll see some of you. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Well my lanyard will be there to pick up, I feel a little better about the situation...
Same thing happened to me, and I'll be going a few hours early on Thursday to pick it up.

Joshkj
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Ya i forgot to online register in time, you can smack me at C4, so friday night ill just buy mine.:thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Same thing happened to me, and I'll be going a few hours early on Thursday to pick it up.

See you in the line:thumbsup:

Here is the front and back of the shirts me and my girlfriend made for the plane trip out, and for Disney on Wednesday.

Tycho
05-15-2007, 05:55 AM
That's very unique Rebo's Guitarist. Those are going to be a hit at C4. I hope you and your lady have a good time.

DarthQuack
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Great looking T-shirts, sure to be a hit!

Jayspawn
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Great looking shirts Rebo's_Guitarist! I'll be on the lookout for you both!

Hard to believe its only a week away! WOOHOO!!!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys, look forward to seeing some of you soon!

Jayspawn
05-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Woah! Bad news! Master Replicas has dropped OUT of Celebration IV! MORE dissapointing news from MR -this totally sucks!

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Whoa WTH? Thats pretty lame......

figrin bran
05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Are any of you guys going to sign up for this Kessel Run contest?

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070510b.html

i'm not going to be able to attend monday or else i'd love to team up with some of you guys!

VidKidd
05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
i had some time so i figured why not. go here to check out my celebration IV trailer.=P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pKSkcA8pw

OC47150
05-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Woah! Bad news! Master Replicas has dropped OUT of Celebration IV! MORE dissapointing news from MR -this totally sucks!

It certainly sucks. Guys I know who are attended are bummed/ticked at the same time.

But in MR's defense, since the contract wasn't renewed, why invest the time, money and effort in manning a booth when the relationship is ending?

At least the Saturday night party is still happening? :)

Jayspawn
05-17-2007, 04:49 PM
(I thought it was Sunday night)

OC47150
05-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I could be mistaken on the night. I've been known to do that from time to time, and it's been a long week at work. :yes:

The party is still happening sometime!

plasticfetish
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
...it's Sunday night, from (I think) 8:30 to 10:30.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Yuk. I just got an email from Gencon in regards to people getting their packets with items missing (me). There will be TWO lines to try and get your missing items, the regular will call, and now a Gencon Customer Service line. This has disaster written all over it, and I have a feeling things will not be that easy...

Bel-Cam Jos
05-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll be there just Fri. the 25th, trying to spend the whole time there (they'll have to throw me out like a droid at the cantina). Don't think I'll go in costume, just some SW gear and a backpack to store my goodies and snacks.

Jayspawn
05-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Yuk. I just got an email from Gencon in regards to people getting their packets with items missing (me). There will be TWO lines to try and get your missing items, the regular will call, and now a Gencon Customer Service line. This has disaster written all over it, and I have a feeling things will not be that easy...

GenCon should have been more prepared than rushing everything at the last minute.

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I am going through my emails to print off anything I could need for CIV and I guess there are 3 lines: Fan Club booth line, GenCon Customer Service line, and will call. I bet I will have to visit all 3, at least once...:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I have read differing information. Anybody know when one can actually get inside the Conv. Center? Or when the parking structure opens? I plan on leaving home around 5am (I'm about 50 miles east of it), trying to get a parking space in the CC, then waiting with a good book (SW related, perhaps?) until I can run a la Han-in-the-Death-Star screaming in! :D

Jayspawn
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure Bel-Cam. LA is gonna be all new to me as I've never been there.

Just a few days left. Excitment ....really...growing!

Rebo's_Guitarist
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
We fly out Weds morning and are going straight to Disney. Gotta go on the Indiana Jones ride while we are in town:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-21-2007, 06:05 PM
My family and I are starting our car trip tomorrow after school (from Colorado) so we'll be there Wednesday night. We're also going to Disneyland on the Tuesday after the convention, which I'm also looking forward to (we've been there several times already). I can't wait!

SirSteve
05-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Attached is the SSG CIV "Forumite" Badge so you can be found by other Forumites at CIV. If you are attending CIV and would like to have your own badge to print out (and laminate which you can buy at Wal-Mart) then e-mail me (sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com) with your Forum Username and I'll send it to you.

OC47150
05-22-2007, 08:26 AM
My buddies are LA-bound. They left this morning. I was able to get a shopping list and $$$ to one of them.

SirSteve
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
A number of people have asked about a meeting place for SSG Forumites and the best place is going to be on Saturday night in Hall K from 9:30-12:30am. I hope to see some of you there!

plasticfetish
05-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Flying down Friday night, and I'll be wandering around all day Saturday.

Oh, ehh... and you'll know me by the belt buckle. ;)

Jayspawn
05-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Woohoo! Hopefully a good turnout. Lots of people to meet.

Gooker1
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I was able to get a pass thanks!

waboritas
05-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I know this is probably wishful thinking, but, I was wondering if someone would be willing to pick me up the McQuarie droids and Luke convention exclusives. I will pay shipping, etc. PM me if you can hook me up.

Dialogus
05-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I know this is probably wishful thinking, but, I was wondering if someone would be willing to pick me up the McQuarie droids and Luke convention exclusives. I will pay shipping, etc. PM me if you can hook me up.

Same thing goes to me! I definately need those two and that would be awesome if a couple of you guys would help me out.

For those of you going to CIV, have a helluva good time there:thumbsup: !!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I made it! And I made it back... alive! I don't have much time right now to post a full report, but it was obviously awesome. Here's a couple teaser pictures (got lots more... will load 'em later).

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Now, where was I? ... Oh yeah, Celebration IV in LA! Now, where was I? ... Oh yeah, posting pictures in this thread! First of all, it was great, as I said before. Where was I? Oh, yeah, these panels:

Art of Ralph McQuarrie This was great, even without he himself there. The author/friend of his was obviously in awe of Ralph's abilities as a painter/illustrator and as a person. I went right down to write in the guest book at the display on the floor room (he apparently has Parkinson's disease and doesn't get out in public much anymore :( ).

J.W. Rinzler The author of The Making of SW book showed some pics that didn't make it into the book, and talked about the process. Pretty cool. I asked him the question about comparing the two Making of... books he'd written, if any of you were there.

SW Archeology This was the best of the four. David West Reynolds is a great public speaker, the stories were funny and intellectually fun, and the pictures were wonderful. Too bad Lorne Peterson had to shorten his presentation on model making.

Legacy of the Force Ugh. The writers are always great to hear from (this was my second time seeing Traviss, Denning, and Alston together), but the storyline is bad. I was only slightly heartened to hear about how the series might end/proceed. :upset:

Bought:
- white logo shirt
- R2/C3PO figure set (VERY disappointing... were sold out of the concept Luke, too :mad: )
- program
- poster
- magnet (sold out of pins, so this was kinda close)
- E1 Naboo Royal Guard fig
- ROJ Topps trading card sticker set
- Christmas in the Stars CD (I have the LP, don't play that one much :rolleyes: )
- lunch (not a CHEESEburger, just a HAMburger, dude :tired: )

Pictures:
- The two above (there was a Stormtrooper also dressed as The King from Burger King squeezing that plastic hamburger dog toy, there was a room filled with Vader helmets decorated in totally cool ways)
- will describe the others below if they load properly (and they did... first is me with the Deuce, second is an inflatable Death Star over the main entrance)

I have some more, but they're a bit dark and lame.

Kidhuman
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
there was a room filled with Vader helmets decorated in totally cool ways)

Looks like Pez Dispensers to me

dr_evazan22
05-27-2007, 09:34 AM
The BK Trooper looks great!

Tycho
05-27-2007, 09:38 AM
What are you guys doing at about 11:30 at night tonight?

Here's the thing. Last night Queensryche played in San Diego and the show was awesome!!!

If there are tickets available for tonight's show in Anaheim (at Disneyland) left, I'm going again! (my favorite band in the whole world!)

If I drive up there, I might as well see Queensryche again, but the show won't let out until 10:30pm or so, and then I'll still have to drive in to LA from Anaheim (probably 30 minutes or so at that hour of the night).

I could come up early, but I'd also have to leave early, so I don't really want to pay for admission into C4 and only stay there a few hours. If you go to dinner at House of Blues, you get a "skip the line pass" into your concert (besides a great dinner - I had the grilled Mahi-Mahi last night with mashed potatoes and steamed brocholli and want to eat well again tonight plus skip the line to my concert - I was FRONT ROW last night! This time I'd want a balcony seat in the front. My ears are still ringing from last night and being on top of Michael Wilton's amplifier!

So, hmmm. What to do? I'd phone SirSteve, but it's 6:30am right now and I don't think he'd still be on Florida-time after 4 days in California, possibly partying with some of you guys. I'm just up with my usual insomnia. I think I crashed about 1:30 last night after I got home from the show and I woke up again at 4:30 this morning. So I'm going to be thrilled when I can get back to sleep. So I think a day-trip for C4 is out of the question for that reason, too.

So the question remains, what are you guys doing at like 11:30 tonight?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM
So the question remains, what are you guys doing at like 11:30 tonight?Sleeping. In a place other than Los Angeles or San Diego. :zzz:

More pics and reflections:
- first is a pic of the floor (I was dying with all the awesome stuff there and it just not being feasible to get all I wanted [as if no one else in the history of the collecting world has experienced that], and there was a fair [read: frequent] amount of overpricing :greedy: ).

[seems there's a delay in loading... might just be one picture in this post... back soon]

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I'll try a pre-emptive post, guessing at what loads...

- close up of one of the best Vader helmets, using toys and on a flat surface as the "Son of the Suns."

- radio controlled droids being fixed (I don't know who the operator was, but somebody got the Mosue Droid [sorry, Tycho, no pic of that one for you] to accend the escalator without crashing)

- my friend and I posing in the Tantive IV hallway of the Droids room, he as a speaker of 6-million forms and I a hopefully-less-than-overweight glob of hamburger and french fry grease. Notice I'm squinting (one eye), with a bad case of photo red-eye? :clever:

Tycho
05-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm actually loving that Vader helmet as part of Luke's homestead on Tatooine. That's a very creative idea for a display!

Dar' Argol
05-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I SOOO WANTED TO BE THERE!!!!!! Looks Awesom Bel-Cam.

BTW, where did you get your hat!!!! I soooo want one, its awesome!!!!

C4 was all I was really thinking about this weekend . . . . expecially as I was watching the special on thew history channel tonight!

Oh . . . . *sigh* what happens in Indy . . . .

TeeEye7
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
BCJ: Thanks for being the "roving reporter" for those of us who could not attend. The photos are especially appreciated :thumbsup: .

plasticfetish
05-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Just got back from LA late last night (drove a moving truck up with the last of my stuff from storage down there, and I'm still really tired.) Great to see some candid pics... thanks Bel-Cam!!!

I'll sort through all of my photos tonight (gotta go unload the truck today), and I'll post them ASAP. I was on the floor Saturday... hangin' with Steve, JT, and Gothmog (my Playmobil friend.) Had a great time wandering and enjoying the crowd. Saw some very cool stuff that's coming next year from the various companies (Koto, Sideshow, Hasbro, etc.) and now I'll need to read around a little to see what you guys have said about the con.

Now that CIV is over, I'm really curious to know what you all though about it... as an event in general. How much fun was it, what was good, great, bad, or maybe just boring... any thoughts?

El Chuxter
05-29-2007, 01:28 PM
JT was seen in public? And I missed it?

Wow!

Tell me: did he wear his lab coat to CIV? And did Hermes and Zoidberg tag along?

stillakid
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Gothmog (my Playmobil friend.)

... any thoughts?

Just a question. Do you carry Gothmog around in your pocket?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Just a question. Do you carry Gothmog around in your pocket?I got the same visual when I read that!

Thanks for the props on the pics; I am here to serve. A couple more for y'all:

- first one (yet another R2 mailbox... in the background is the actual escalator where the Mouse Droid went up)

- second one (a group I'd call the Boba and Jango Ettes, ladies in Mandalorian Armor :rollRRs: )

- third one (more of the ladies of the SW galaxy :rollRRs: )

BTW, my hat has a history that involves Splash Mountain at Disneyland. It's old, dusty, usually placed on top of my Vader head 3-D puzzle, and probably only available via online auction sites, sorry.

Jayspawn
05-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm back! Arrived from LA a few hours ago. I'll chime in later with pics and my 2 cents later.

BTW, I didnt see JT at all -but then I didnt see ANYBODY from SSG at all this time.

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm back! Arrived from LA a few hours ago. I'll chime in later with pics and my 2 cents later.

BTW, I didnt see JT at all -but then I didnt see ANYBODY from SSG at all this time.

i didn't see anyone with SSG badges either. i did see BlueSnags and Jango Speck but i've known them for quite some time now.

JediTricks
05-31-2007, 01:08 AM
First off, let me apologize for not announcing my attendance ahead of time, I wasn't totally sure I was going to be able to go (money issues as usual) and I didn't want you guys miffed at me if I dropped out.

I didn't wear an SSG badge because I remembered what happened with the fan day badges I was wearing when I went to see Digital Ep 1 (the badge to get in the door covered all the f'ing things up!) but I was there all 5 insane days, and Steve got me and PF there into the Master Replicas party which was... well, it was good to hang out with Steve and PF. :p

BTW, glad to see you made it up the grapevine alive PF, I guess that Starbucks did the trick. ;) They closed 2 minutes after you left, kicked me out onto the street, she tried to be nice about it but it came off more as "starbucks-nice". :rolleyes:

I posted a ton of experience photos in the events coverage just now, I'll be doing a write-up of it in the next day or so. I'll just copy the links from the main news article I just updated:

Fans (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5321)
Sights (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5351)
Master Replicas Party (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5352)
Added more coverage to R2 Builders (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5344)

If you all are very lucky and patient, I'll hopefully be able to share the video I took of the rocketman in the Boba Fett costume, that was so freakin' cool even the 3rd time I saw it (they did it at opening ceremonies {Sansweet accidentally sent half the friggin' audience out the door though by mistake}, then Saturday morning over the South Hall entrance without warning, then Sunday afternoon with minimal warning).

BCJ, I really dug that Art of McQuarrie presentation, but even better, by going down to sign the book, I also saw they were selling an Action Fleet piece that was SIGNED by McQuarrie himself and it was only $10, that was such an awesome score especially after learning McQ's last painting was for a cancelled Micro Machines playset.

I missed the Rinzler presentation, I wanted to see it but my itinerary was too close and it slipped through my fingers.

You didn't miss a damn thing on that cheeseburger, what a bland waste of $6 (they accidentally threw in the fries I ordered for free, also bland). The most edible thing in the 2 courts was the Freschetta pizza, but the shortcut down the outside of the concourse had some more interesting food - BBQ, chinese, and others.

figrin bran
06-01-2007, 03:02 AM
JT, were you able to get pics of the Ultimate Group Project diorama? that was one supremely awesome piece of work!!

plasticfetish
06-01-2007, 03:20 AM
JT, were you able to get pics of the Ultimate Group Project diorama? that was one supremely awesome piece of work!!Is that the Endor thing? I think I got a photo... I'll get to uploading mine at some point.

You didn't miss a damn thing on that cheeseburger, what a bland waste of $6 (they accidentally threw in the fries I ordered for free, also bland).I can't believe that I didn't listen to you, and ordered one of those burgers. :dead:

Edit: Oh, here's a link to a quick video clip that I took of the showroom floor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhAC_-fCuw

Darth Cruel
06-01-2007, 03:27 AM
JT - I see you were standing right next to me as you were taking a few of your pics.

figrin bran
06-01-2007, 03:39 AM
i think SirSteve might be in the background of some of the R2KT pics i took.

if only you knew it was him, Darth Cruel, if only you knew

Darth Cruel
06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh...there is proof in JT's pictures.

I noticed it first when I saw a pic of 2 fans that I took a pic of in the same place. Then I noticed my cooler and soda in his shot.

Then he has a pic of me taking this pic:

Unless the pics he posted were given to him by someone else.

Tycho
06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Isn't that guy a little short for a stormtrooper?

Darth Cruel
06-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes...but it's a little girl so she gets a pass.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Well, AFTER Celebration my girlfriend (of 5 years) and I proceeded to AZ for the rest of our vacation. On Wednesday we left the house to drive to the Grand Canyon to watch the sunrise. It was pretty sweet. Shortly after, I asked her to marry me. She said yes.:)

Tycho
06-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Hmmm. It would be most conventional and polite to say "Congratulations."

I will say you have a very pretty girlfriend; you look happy; I'm glad you had a great time at C4 and on your vacation; and that picture in the Grand Canyon looks absolutely beautiful.

plasticfetish
06-02-2007, 11:49 AM
She said yes.:)Congrats man!!!

dr_evazan22
06-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Congrats RG!

bobafrett
06-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Congratulations! The backdrop in your picture is breathe taking, how can she resist?

OC47150
06-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats! What a great way to wrap up C4!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks folks, def. one of the happiest days of my life thus far.

figrin bran
06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Congratulations RG! AZ is a great place to vacation, i might add! i'll have to keep the Grand Canyon in mind as a proposal spot.

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
So, anyone else meet Anthony Daniels? I saw him outside when I was in line on Thursday and he walked by and stopped for a few pics. When I went in to get his autograph, I could hear him complaining about all the people in his line and how "There would need to be some serious changes for the next day" He was really nice to the kid in front of me, probably 12 or 13, chatted it up with him about his fav characters and which of the movies he liked best. He even took the time to meet the kids parents and take several photos with the bunch. When my turn came he rushed me along and when I wanted a photo he said "Look at that line your holding up, they are all going to be mad that you are doing this to them. Hurry up, hurry up"

What a jerk. I understand where he is coming from but what the heck do you expect? The OT probably has more meaning to me then a 12 year old who just thinks its cool but because Im 23 and at a SW convention Im the one doing wrong.

I should have just bought a presigned like I did for Carrie. Everyone always says what a nice guy he is.........:(

DarkArtist
06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, AFTER Celebration my girlfriend (of 5 years) and I proceeded to AZ for the rest of our vacation. On Wednesday we left the house to drive to the Grand Canyon to watch the sunrise. It was pretty sweet. Shortly after, I asked her to marry me. She said yes.:)

That awesome, Congratulations.

Darth Cruel
06-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Congratulations RG!

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 04:43 AM
So, it took me several days to write, and it's huge, but I actually did end up putting together a comprehensive recap of my experiences at the convention, even the stuff in the press room (ugh) and getting turned away from the door due to a bomb threat. Here's the whole crazy thing:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=886

JT, were you able to get pics of the Ultimate Group Project diorama? that was one supremely awesome piece of work!!Yes, I took about a dozen photos of it for my personal enjoyment, that stuff blew me away. Steve was right there taking pictures as well, he posted them in the CIV gallery: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5347

I can't believe that I didn't listen to you, and ordered one of those burgers. :dead:Yeah, that's a mistake nobody should have to make, especially since they looked decent. How does one strangle that much flavor out of beef and cheese???

Edit: Oh, here's a link to a quick video clip that I took of the showroom floor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhAC_-fCuwNot bad, not bad. I think next time, we'll have to use press access to get into one of the rooms overlooking the convention floor and shoot video from there, I saw there were a couple of meeting rooms with windows over it.

BTW, I saw your photos of the MR party, did you get those motion blur pictures on purpose or was that just a happy accident? It didn't occur to me to slow down my shutter and seeing your shots I really wish I had a few of those. Of course, I forgot a lot that night, I didn't take video and I didn't use the continuous shot or burst modes for the action shots I wanted and didn't get.

JT - I see you were standing right next to me as you were taking a few of your pics.Holy crap, no way, that's wild! Which photos do you speak of?

i think SirSteve might be in the background of some of the R2KT pics i took. Very likely, Steve got a lot of shots at the Hasbro panel of R2-KT, he jumped right into the mix.

if only you knew it was him, Darth Cruel, if only you knewI'm not THAT much of an enigma! I've actually seen photos of myself in another site's coverage of CIV already.

Oh...there is proof in JT's pictures.

I noticed it first when I saw a pic of 2 fans that I took a pic of in the same place. Then I noticed my cooler and soda in his shot.

Then he has a pic of me taking this pic:

Unless the pics he posted were given to him by someone else.Wow, no way, that was me shooting that shot of you and the others shooting that shot! What's really wild about your photo is that the RFT is looking at your camera while the stormtrooper kid is looking screen left, while in mine the RFT is looking screen right and the stormtrooper kid is looking at me. :D This also means there's a 50/50 chance you're in one of my photos from that timeframe, I shot a lot of different stuff in that area over a few minutes.

Yes...but it's a little girl so she gets a pass.It never occurred to me that it was a girl in that costume. :p

Well, AFTER Celebration my girlfriend (of 5 years) and I proceeded to AZ for the rest of our vacation. On Wednesday we left the house to drive to the Grand Canyon to watch the sunrise. It was pretty sweet. Shortly after, I asked her to marry me. She said yes.:)Sounds like a perfectly good way to ruin a trip to the Grand Canyon. ;) J/k, congrats! Wait, it wasn't spur of the moment, right? You weren't all caught up in the majesty of nature's wonder and figured why not? :crazed:

So, anyone else meet Anthony Daniels? I saw him outside when I was in line on Thursday and he walked by and stopped for a few pics. When I went in to get his autograph, I could hear him complaining about all the people in his line and how "There would need to be some serious changes for the next day" He was really nice to the kid in front of me, probably 12 or 13, chatted it up with him about his fav characters and which of the movies he liked best. He even took the time to meet the kids parents and take several photos with the bunch. When my turn came he rushed me along and when I wanted a photo he said "Look at that line your holding up, they are all going to be mad that you are doing this to them. Hurry up, hurry up"

What a jerk. I understand where he is coming from but what the heck do you expect? The OT probably has more meaning to me then a 12 year old who just thinks its cool but because Im 23 and at a SW convention Im the one doing wrong.

I should have just bought a presigned like I did for Carrie. Everyone always says what a nice guy he is.........:(I ran into him very briefly in the concourse hallway on Monday. I'm really REALLY surprised to hear he gave you the business for a photo during the autograph line, I heard from a dozen other people the exact opposite problem, and on Saturday when I was in the press room I overheard LFL's Lynne Hale saying there was some sort of problem with someone freaking out because AD was taking too long with the fans - I believe it was G4 who was upset, but I can't be sure. Maybe he was under pressure over his appearance times or something. At the AD panel he even let someone trade their question for a hug.

By the way, the sentiment in my article towards the end is quite genuine, both towards the fans and towards the promoters.

RooJay
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM
Hey congrats!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
06-05-2007, 02:15 AM
awesome! thanks JT and SirSteve for the Ultimate Diorama pics. :thumbsup:

i actually have that Titan AE ship that's parked in Mos Eisley boxed up somewhere and never thought to use it for SW. That Star Tours queue diorama was really awesome though inaccurate as there's no longer any PeopleMover. Great to see the S6 Iron Hammer in there as well.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I have that Titan AE ship on top of my TV, it's got real "classic rocket" cred. :D

So, it dawned on me to break the recap up into days, which took most of them down to just 3 pages each. The first link is the same as before, I just replaced the story that was already in it, but here's all 5 stories if you want to those links:
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 1 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=886)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 2 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=896)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 3 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=897)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 4 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=898)
JediTricks' Celebration IV Recap - Day 5 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=899)

mtriv73
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Um JT, in reference to the first line you wrote about day 5, it was actually memorial day...not labor day. :razz:

Great coverage though! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
JT, your writes ups were great and I was even there. Ill be waiting to hear when the the jet pack video is avalable.

EDIT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpmVYLwLaP8

This is redic............Im jealous.......

figrin bran
06-05-2007, 11:39 PM
I have that Titan AE ship on top of my TV, it's got real "classic rocket" cred. :D

i have the purple alien ship as well. too bad the toys were better than the movie itself.

anyhow, i've read through most of it and the fact that i attended notwithstanding, you did an excellent job walking us through the full five days of CIV. thank you for your hard work and for taking the bus even though you could've taken the subway :p

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Um JT, in reference to the first line you wrote about day 5, it was actually memorial day...not labor day. :razz:

Great coverage though! Thanks! :thumbsup:dang it, that's what happens when you spend several solid days writing something! Thanks for the head's up, I fixed it.

Glad you liked the coverage. :cool:

JT, your writes ups were great and I was even there. Ill be waiting to hear when the the jet pack video is avalable.

EDIT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpmVYLwLaP8

This is redic............Im jealous.......That's cool to say, thanks!

Awesome video! Way better than mine! Technically, I'm in that video, I'm across the little street in that crowd behind the stormies, but you can't make any faces out. That flight pack thing was so cool, Boba Fett really flying! I'm not sure which is better, him flying there or him flying across the opening ceremonies indoor stage. But it's going to be hard to top at Celebration V - and if they don't have it in LA, it probably won't be a flight pack guy 3 days straight. :p

i have the purple alien ship as well. too bad the toys were better than the movie itself. I have most, but not the $10 one if that's what you mean. I have the longer ship too, it's not bad. The movie on the other hand was almost unbearable.

anyhow, i've read through most of it and the fact that i attended notwithstanding, you did an excellent job walking us through the full five days of CIV. thank you for your hard work and for taking the bus even though you could've taken the subway :pWell, maybe you should have mentioned that BEFORE I took the bus. ;) But thanks, I really appreciate that.

figrin bran
06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Well, maybe you should have mentioned that BEFORE I took the bus. ;) But thanks, I really appreciate that.

well maybe someone should've not gone to CIV under cover of night but instead mentioned it to the board. many kudos and condolences to you for riding the MTA buses at night! :shocked:

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:33 AM
I didn't want to get hopes and expectations up only to have you all honked at me if I didn't show, I wasn't sure I was going until the night before and I just didn't have time to visit the forums and make arrangements afterwards.

Plus, I am shadow incarnate! ;)

What's really funny is now I'm sure some of you guys have seen me at CIV and just didn't know it, and vice-versa.

Jayspawn
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
I really regret not meeting JT, SirSteve or PF. Would have been great to meet those guys. Even though we were all at the Master Replicas Party -which I had a BLAST!

plasticfetish
06-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Plus, I am shadow incarnate!It's true. I couldn't see him most of the time, and I was standing right next to him. You'd just hear the voice... very eerie. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Plus, I am shadow incarnate! ;)

What's really funny is now I'm sure some of you guys have seen me at CIV and just didn't know it, and vice-versa.That's because it's so hard to recognize our writing tones and styles in person.

I am nostalgia incarnate! :yes:

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Boy ain't that the truth, just look at Plasticfetish, I was expecting an 8-foot-tall samoan. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Speaking of people almost eight feet tall, I forgot to mention that while entering one of those go-in-one-room-to-wait-to-get-in-line-and-enter-another-room, I saw former NBA player John Salley and a camera crew (two people?) from the "Best D@mn Sports Show Period" walking through the hallway. Anyone catch his reports on the show yet? Or were we all so dull it had no value? :p

figrin bran
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I saw John Salley and the camera crew as well...didn't really give a rat. :p

figrin bran
07-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Did everyone else who attended receive the email survey today from Gen Con?

JediTricks
07-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't, but someone sent me the link, and I gave some praise and some heavy complaints about what I already complained about here.

Jayspawn
07-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I got the survey and took it. I had a great time at CIV altogether so I gave them a pretty good oppinion.

BlueSnags
07-16-2007, 02:04 AM
I gave CIV high marks overall, but I buried StarWarsShop's booth and Gentle Giant's booth underground.

-Snags

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Apparently, Celebration Europe had this Tantive IV Walkway!

Where was this for CIV? :cry:

Tycho
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
It was fake though. I specifically heard Darth Vader say "Tear this ship apart until you find those plans!"

Since the plans were no longer aboard the instant R2D2 launched his escape pod, I always assumed the real ship was completely torn apart by stormtroopers.

Therefore I must conclude that the one in Europe was a fake. :yes:

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 11:49 PM

Where was this for CIV? :cry:
In the R2 builders room.

figrin bran
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
In the R2 builders room.

which i did not go into...hence my missing out on it.

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 02:30 AM
which i did not go into...hence my missing out on it.
Sadly, it was the only thing at the R2 Builders room that had a line most of the time, they had a separate door with it. It looked great, they had an R2 and 3PO in there to take pics with.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2007, 08:57 PM
The one at CE looks to be much larger and more full, though.

Also, I was apparently standing near the guy who shot the video, as that was basically my perspective of it. In one of my pictures from that event, I can see some of the people from the video. Cool!

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Hmm, why so it is. Yeah, that would have been cool to have at CIV... however, we didn't even get Mark Hamill so...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-20-2007, 11:28 PM
Did everyone else who attended receive the email survey today from Gen Con?Yep. I gave them okay to pretty good marks.

Where was this for CIV? :cry:If you check out post #340 in this thread (on page 34), you'll see some guy and another person in that very walkway. Then look, sir! Droids!