PDA

View Full Version : CELEBRATION IV in Los Angeles, CA.

Pages : [1] 2

JEDIpartner
05-26-2006, 10:57 AM
To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.

CLICK HERE (http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html)

Sadly, I won't be attending this one. There's only so much money one is willing to throw at Star Wars and Lucasfilm. For those of you who ARE going... have a great time and start your discussions now. And-- if I can pester someone for one of the exclusives, I will be a happy camper!

Cheers! :thumbsup:

DSDroid
05-26-2006, 11:48 AM
I am so going! I live near LA so I will be there.

figrin bran
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM
i'm definitely going and i'm sure i'll see many of you there!

executor
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm going to try and make it to this one, man it's far away though. Any suggestions (especially places to stay that are close to the center) for those that don't live in LA DSDroid?

El Chuxter
05-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Deal with LA traffic? No way! :crazed:

Seriously, I'll have to wait and see the costs, dates, etc. For some reason, I'm just not as excited about this as I would've thought. Maybe it's Lucasfilm's tendency to try to build hype around things and try to make it seem like they're for the fans, but it's painfully obvious they're nothing but huge advertisements. (Cough, Hyperspace, cough.)

DSDroid
05-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm going to try and make it to this one, man it's far away though. Any suggestions (especially places to stay that are close to the center) for those that don't live in LA DSDroid?

L.A is huge! The traffic will suck, too!

I am from Orange County but now out in Riverside county. Just plan for plenty of time and stay put within the area because traffic and congestion will delay many things. I guess you would have to check out the local hotels online.

plasticfetish
05-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh look... I move away after living there for 18 years, and they decide to have a huge Star Wars convention in town. lol

It'll be a great venue for the convention. The place is huge, it won't be raining, and you can take the train into the convention center (http://www.lacclink.com) if you really want. The down side is that you don't want to stay anywhere near the convention center... but that's just me. (edit: Honestly though, there are places to stay (http://www.hicitycenter.com/) right next to the convention center. It'll probably run about $100 per night in most cases, but it might be worth it to avoid traffic, etc.)

stillakid
05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
If I were coming in from out of town, I'd definitely NOT stay near the Convention Center. Find anywhere else that is close to the subway and stay there. Even Burbank works.

If I'm still living here then, I'd consider training it down myself instead of driving. The traffic is always bad, so that doesn't bother me. I'm just imagining all the geeks in the area trying to park down there. That's what will cost you if you can even find a spot.

Tycho
05-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm from San Diego where super-cool Californians come from. I don't actually know LA that well, save for Hollywood maybe because of work.

What's wrong with the LA Convention Center Area for hotels? I so much do NOT want to drive for 3 hours each way from San Diego - or even 1 hour each way from my grandparents' in Orange County. I might stay with my cousin in Hollywood, but I don't even want to be driving and looking for parking on a daily basis up there.

stillakid
05-26-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm from San Diego where super-cool Californians come from. I don't actually know LA that well, save for Hollywood maybe because of work.

What's wrong with the LA Convention Center Area for hotels? I so much do NOT want to drive for 3 hours each way from San Diego - or even 1 hour each way from my grandparents' in Orange County. I might stay with my cousin in Hollywood, but I don't even want to be driving and looking for parking on a daily basis up there.

I guess it depends on how long you plan on staying. The hotel isn't the problem necessarily. It's that you'd be stuck in downtown LA when you're not at the convention center. Not my first choice, but to each his own. :love:

plasticfetish
05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
If I'm still living here thenThinking of moving? I know this cool town where you never have to water your lawn. ;)

What's wrong with the LA Convention Center Area for hotels?Central City L.A. isn't the greatest place in the world for hanging out, but I doubt that anyone would just go wandering the neighborhood. (I hope not anyway.)

Tycho
05-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Got some recommendations? How far is Santa Monica and is the rapid transit system good for there? Those are some of my options. How's the transit system in Hollywood to the LA Convention Center btw? I know the HW area and that could be fun.

plasticfetish
05-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I'd have to look (and if anyone knows better, then say so), but I think the Metro Rail blue line drops off near there. You could stay in Hollywood, and then go red line to blue line, or you could stay in Long Beach and take the blue line north. (I'll probably stay with friends in L.B.) Either option would be okay.

Click the Convention Center link that I put in my earlier post for info and stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Sweet! I can definitely make this one. Indy is about as far from my house as LA is, so that works out fine. Also, it will be Memorial Day weekend, and I don't have finals until a week after that, so that works out great too.

I don't think I can wait a whole year!!!

Turbowars
05-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Good, I'm happy it's in my neck of the woods. Now all the whiners on RS can cry themselves to sleep.

The LA Con center is right next to Staples Center where the Lakers play. The area has kind of cleaned up, but it's still trashy a few blocks in every direction. Do not plan on using the Transportation in LA. It's horrid. Rent a car and get some good directions. Hollywood, Burbank and Santa Monica aren't very far and there's plenty of nice places to stay.

There's always Traffic in the heart of LA. The 110 freeway (where you would exit from) is backed up and very confusing if you don't know your way.

stillakid
05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think I can wait a whole year!!!

You could go camp outside the door. But you'll need a cardboard box and a shopping cart if you want to fit in. :yes:

Slicker
05-26-2006, 09:22 PM
You can no doubts count me out of this one. LA is just too far away to even attempt to go.

Reefer Shark
05-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Very cool! I'm pretty sure I'll be going to this one.

Tycho
05-26-2006, 11:08 PM
ReeferShark says "Cool. I'm going" right after Slicker says he's not. You can read that several different ways. I took it the funny way, though I'm sure that wasn't what was meant.

Come on Slicker! We'd all like to meet you and sniff some Mouse Droids together.

I'm going to bring my story idea to Lucasfilm at this one: a look back through the events of Episode 3 through the Classic Trilogy through the eyes of Mouse Droids! When the Death Star blew up, imagine the smell of all those Mouse Droids suddenly turned to vapor! No wonder the Rebels had to evacuate Yavin and move their base to Hoth! That story has never been told.

And at Endor: Ewoks in the village suddenly afflicted by tons of falling-flaming Mouse Droids!

Since the Death Star was blowing up all around them, and Lucas loves to revise the OT constantly, plus Hayden is getting older now - they can reshoot the part where Luke removes Vader's helmet and change the dialogue as well.

"Luke: help me take this mask off."

"But you'll die?"

"Nothing can stop that now. Just for once: let me smell one with my own nose."

We can rephrase our motto: "What's sniffed in LA, stays in one's lungs - always."

Reefer Shark
05-26-2006, 11:29 PM
ReeferShark says "Cool. I'm going" right after Slicker says he's not. You can read that several different ways. I took it the funny way, though I'm sure that wasn't what was meant.

Come on Slicker! We'd all like to meet you and sniff some Mouse Droids together.

lol!! Naw, all I meant was "cool, it's going to be in L.A., I'll actually be able to go!" (I live about 20min from the convention center)

I say come on out Slicker! I'll buy you a big fat beer if you do :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
05-26-2006, 11:43 PM
WOOHOO!!!! I'm definatly going!

Glad to hear that a lot of you are going, I look forward to meeting a lot of you. I hope JediTricks and Steve are able to go as well.

For those of you thinking about it, just GO!

BlueSnags
05-27-2006, 01:37 AM
WOOHOO!!!! I'm definatly going!

Glad to hear that a lot of you are going, I look forward to meeting a lot of you. I hope JediTricks and Steve are able to go as well.

For those of you thinking about it, just GO!

BlueSnags, the Hollywood hero, will be there.:laugh:

Rocketboy
05-27-2006, 01:45 AM
You can no doubts count me out of this one. LA is just too far away to even attempt to go.Ditto. It'd cost way too much money for me to even consider going.

Plus, Star Wars or not, I have zero interest in going to LA.

Tycho
05-27-2006, 02:08 AM
Well, San Diego is SUPERIOR if you're going to ever bother with California, but I don't see you nay-sayers coming to Comic Cons either - and we all have a great time at those.

Could it be the wallets are a little thin after being completists and buying a bunch of recards with little plastic holograms?

Alright, I shouldn't talk because Hasbro should know that if they ever do Mouse Droids as a pack-in, they'll totally have me! :crazed:

figrin bran
05-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I'd have to look (and if anyone knows better, then say so), but I think the Metro Rail blue line drops off near there. You could stay in Hollywood, and then go red line to blue line, or you could stay in Long Beach and take the blue line north. (I'll probably stay with friends in L.B.) Either option would be okay.

Click the Convention Center link that I put in my earlier post for info and stuff.

yes, all that info is correct. Tycho, you could also stay around North Hollywood or Universal City (better than staying in hollywood IMO) and board the red line from there. or you could stay in pasadena, take the gold line to union station and then transfer to the red and then the blue.

actually, i found on another site, a list of hotels that people stayed in for E3 and so i could post that up if anyone's interested.

Tycho
05-27-2006, 05:08 AM
Thanks Figrin. I'd be interested in looking over whatever information you can provide. North Hollywood or Universal City sounds better than the further-distant Pasadena right now.

jonthejedi
05-27-2006, 06:25 AM
I'll share Rocketboy & Slicker's sentiment...it's just too far & costly for me to consider. I'm happy for you LA guys, but many of these forumites just ain't gonna do West Coast. I'm saddened & disappointed they couldn't pick a more centralized state...I know Indy was out because they had no space avail. for next April/May. CIII was one of the best times my family ever had together...and nothing will top my son going up on stage to meet George Lucas & shake his hand at the first Q&A...nothing! Besides which, short of Harrison & Natalie Portman coming(which we know isn't going to happen), there's noone left for me to meet. And then there's the exclusive Vader action figure which I stood in line for hours to buy...that showed up at ShopSW.com after the show. Nope, I'll sit this one out! But, best of luck to all who attend.

Kidhuman
05-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I aint going to make it. I think LA is a poor choice since SDCC is a month later and 2 hours away.

Slicker
05-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I aint going to make it. I think LA is a poor choice since SDCC is a month later and 2 hours away.We could always try and organize some sort of trip KH. It's a very, very longshot but I suppose it could happen. I don't wanna go alone is the only thing. A fragile white boy like myself in the big city just aint' happening.

Jango Speck
05-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Can't wait- this will be a lot of fun- you naysayers don't know what you're missing. L.A. has plenty of fun things to see/do. How hard can it be to top Indianapolis? (No offense...):D

stillakid
05-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Can't wait- this will be a lot of fun- you naysayers don't know what you're missing. L.A. has plenty of fun things to see/do. How hard can it be to top Indianapolis? (No offense...):D

Plus it's about a billion times easier to fly into LA than it is to get to almost anywhere else.

Reefer Shark
05-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Anyone coming from out of state, don't expect any nice sights in downtown L.A. (unless you count the strip clubs, there's nice sights in those ;) ). It's about as ugly as it gets... well, mabye not as bad as South Central, or parts of the Valley.

Once you're in the building there will be nice sights though, that's for sure :thumbsup:

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 05:29 PM
For all that have no interests coming to the most expensive State to live in, I thank you. We don't need anymore people backing up traffic. :yes: If you have the $ and time all of you CA haters would have a great time. There's tons of stuff to do. It's $ and time that didn't get me to the other C's.

I live in Burbank where's there's plenty of nice places to stay and it's about 20-30 minutes away from the con.

plasticfetish
05-27-2006, 05:43 PM
You guys aren't exactly doing the best job at selling this thing. ;)

L.A. is going to be a great place fo this event. Imagine standing in that great big line you stood in for CIII, but instead it's actually sunny out.

...and remember, there is plenty of tourist fun stuff to do in town. You can wander the streets of Hollywood (look for the birthplace of plasticfetish), go to the beach, or if you want you can hit up Disneyland and Universal Studios. There's plenty to do... but I'll bet the Con will be enough.

BlueSnags
05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
...and remember, there is plenty of tourist fun stuff to do in town. You can wander the streets of Hollywood (look for the birthplace of plasticfetish), go to the beach, or if you want you can hit up Disneyland and Universal Studios. There's plenty to do... but I'll bet the Con will be enough.

Also, don't forget - I will be taking the out-of-towners on a guided tour of the famous Scalpers Paradise, also known as Burbank Target. There you will see historic sights such as Bob the Plumber, Jackie Chan, Dirty Sanchez, Fanny Pack, Blackberry, Beautiful Bobby, and Boxcar Willie. Maybe as a bonus we'll head over to Pacoima and get a glimpse of Headphones. NOW who's with me???:laugh:

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Also, don't forget - I will be taking the out-of-towners on a guided tour of the famous Scalpers Paradise, also known as Burbank Target. There you will see historic sights such as Bob the Plumber, Jackie Chan, Dirty Sanchez, Fanny Pack, Blackberry, Beautiful Bobby, and Boxcar Willie. Maybe as a bonus we'll head over to Pacoima and get a glimpse of Headphones. NOW who's with me???:laugh:Will you and the others be signing autographs?

plasticfetish
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
NOW who's with me???:laugh:What a great mini-documentary that would make. Just 20 minutes of walking up to those guys with a mike and a camera... "Hey, do you scalp toys?"

JEDIpartner
05-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Aside from the cost, I have no interest in L.A. *yawn*

Reefer Shark
05-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Also, don't forget - I will be taking the out-of-towners on a guided tour of the famous Scalpers Paradise, also known as Burbank Target. There you will see historic sights such as Bob the Plumber, Jackie Chan, Dirty Sanchez, Fanny Pack, Blackberry, Beautiful Bobby, and Boxcar Willie. Maybe as a bonus we'll head over to Pacoima and get a glimpse of Headphones. NOW who's with me???:laugh:

If that doesn't convince 'em, you could try to offering a guided tour of the ultimate scalpers paradise out here - Frank-n-Sons :yes:

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Aside from the cost, I have no interest in L.A. *yawn*Great, one less car on the feeway.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-27-2006, 07:32 PM
We could always try and organize some sort of trip KH. It's a very, very longshot but I suppose it could happen. I don't wanna go alone is the only thing. A fragile white boy like myself in the big city just aint' happening.

you could always bring Mom with you :p

plasticfetish
05-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Maybe mom should just go without him. (We'll show her around.) :whip:

stillakid
05-27-2006, 10:55 PM
you could always bring Mom with you :p

Maybe. How does she look in the Princess Leia bikini?

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Did someone say MILTF? Oh wait wrong website :lipsrsealed:

Kidhuman
05-28-2006, 04:08 AM
We could always try and organize some sort of trip KH. It's a very, very longshot but I suppose it could happen. I don't wanna go alone is the only thing. A fragile white boy like myself in the big city just aint' happening.

Well, my wife started drinking Diet COke and they have apoints redemption thing and for a certain amount of points you get 25k in sky miles. That would pay for our flight out there. I was planning on SDCC, so either way I am going to hit there next summer. A trip is in the plans Slicker since I might have to cancel Columbus depending on a certain situation.

figrin bran
05-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Tycho, here's the list i promised of hotels that people stayed in for E3

Beverly Hilton
Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport
Doubletree Santa Monica Curbside
Doubletree Hotel Westwood
Fairmont Miramar Hotel Santa Monica
Four Points Sheraton Los Angeles Airport
Grafton on Sunset
Hilton Checkers Hotel
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Universal City
Holiday Inn Hollywood
Holiday Inn Los Angeles Airport
Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
Hyatt West Hollywood
Kawada Hotel Los Angeles
Le Meridien Beverly Hills
Le Merigot Santa Monica
Loews Beverly Hills Hotel
Loews Santa Monica
Luxe Hotel
Luxe Hotel Sunset Boulevard
Marriott Downtown, Los Angeles
Mayfair Hotel
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
New Otani Hotel & Garden
Omni Hotel Los Angeles
Park Hyatt Los Angeles
Ramada Plaza Hotel West Hollywood
Regent Beverly Wilshire
Ritz Milner Los Angeles
Roosevelt Hotel Hollywood
Sheraton Universal Hotel
Sofitel Los Angeles
Sheraton Delfina
Sheraton Downtown Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Airport
Standard Downtown Los Angeles Hotel
W Hotel Los Angeles
Westin Bonaventure Hotel
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles

here's a list of what the rates might be at some of the hotels:

Millennium Biltmore Hotel - $159/$179
Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites - $200/$220
Beverly Hilton - $245/$265
Figueroa Hotel - $125/$125
Hilton Checkers Los Angeles - $185/$185
Hilton Universal - $169
Holiday Inn City Center - $150/$150
Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel (editor's note: this hotel is "catty corner" from the Grauman's Chinese) - $225/$225
Hyatt Regency Century City - $218/$245
Los Angeles Athletic Club - $147/$147
Los Angeles Marriott Downtown - $189/$189
Mayfair Hotel - $119/$119
New Otani Hotel & Suites - $149/$149
Omni Los Angeles Hotel - $185/$185
Park Hyatt Los Angeles $245/$245
Renaissance Hollywood Hotel (editor's note: this hotel is around the corner from the Chinese) - $199/$199
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel - $185/$210
Sheraton Universal - $189/$215
The Standard Downtown LA - $165/$165
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles - $179/$179

Kidhuman
05-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I got dibs on FB's couch if I go.. I will pay 25 a night and bring my own towels and TP

plasticfetish
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I would seriously consider Downtown Long Beach as an option also. There are hotels all over, plus plenty of places to eat. You can easily walk to the Blue Line which will take you to the convention center. (I think it's a 20 minute ride from Downtown LB to the convention center by rail.)

But a note to anyone going in costume... stay somewhere close to the convention center. I wouldn't go riding the train dressed like a Jedi. ;)

Tycho
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the list Figrin Bran! Long Beach might work out well for me and staying there might be a lot of fun.

Plastic:

What if you just dress normally but ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO CARRY your MasterReplicas Force FX lightsaber?

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 09:42 PM
I would seriously consider Downtown Long Beach as an option also. There are hotels all over, plus plenty of places to eat. You can easily walk to the Blue Line which will take you to the convention center. (I think it's a 20 minute ride from Downtown LB to the convention center by rail.)

But a note to anyone going in costume... stay somewhere close to the convention center. I wouldn't go riding the train dressed like a Jedi. ;)If you plan on driving, I don't recommend staying in long beach. The freeways are hell. It's s shorter distance to stay in a place like Burbank or Hollywood. All you have to do is take the 134 to the 5 to the 110 and you are there (about 15 minutes)

figrin bran
05-28-2006, 10:28 PM

But a note to anyone going in costume... stay somewhere close to the convention center. I wouldn't go riding the train dressed like a Jedi. ;)

it's not a 20 minute ride on the blue line from Downtown LB to the convention center. more like 40-45 min! like turbo said, hollywood or burbank are better options.

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Have you guys been read some of RS thread about C4? It's so funny how 95% of all those morons are crying about it not being held in their own backyard. The other celebrations weren't in even close to CA and I don't remember hearing as much crying then. Anyways I hope to meet a few of you guys, it might be the 1st and last time. I'm thinking this will be the last Celebration for a few years.

plasticfetish
05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Have you guys been read some of RS thread about C4? It's so funny how 95% of all those morons are crying about it not being held in their own backyard.Well, it's a year away. Let's see how their tune changes as we get closer to May 2007.

Edit: You know, I'm thinking about it, and even though it'd become hellish living there, LA still has to be about 1000 times cooler than F$%&ing Indianapolis.

...but whatever, let 'em complain.

-----

Yeah, I just asked... and you're right, the Blue Line is about 45 minutes from Long Beach. I was also thinking that hotels might be cheaper in LB though, but honestly, I'd just stay in Hollywood if I wasn't renting a car. Otherwise... Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena would all be fine.

Tycho
05-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Alright, I'm sticking with North Hollywood guys. Let's kind of agree on that (or I'll change if all of you pick another town) but we should be near each other so we can go out as the convention lets out each evening. It was so much fun in Indianapolis every night because of many of you SSGrs - we need to make LA the same way.

As to LA being more fun than Indy? Maybe for some of you it will be. Unfortunately, it won't be for me (most likely).

Brandy: I miss you more than ever now! :cry:

IN ANY CASE, LET'S DECIDE ON A TOWN, HOTEL, ETC now. I doubt I'll be able to share a room with any of you as I'll probably have my own baggage company but I can stay in the same building with you and we can then party!

Turbowars
05-29-2006, 12:03 AM
So you hooked up with a chick?

Yeah we should have some badges made up with our user id's. Didn't Steve do that one year? It might be 100% geeky, but we all will be in a 100% Geek environment.

TheDarthVader
05-29-2006, 12:30 AM
As much as I'd like to go, I am too far away (Texas). I hope the rest of you have fun.

B.
TDV

Tycho
05-29-2006, 04:25 AM
So you hooked up with a chick?

I don't kiss and tell, hehe. But half the guys on these boards saw me trying to get with Brandy (she was our waitress at TGI Friday's not a convention-goer).

Anyway, many of us stayed to travel back on Monday, so we partied Sunday night and I finally had my hotel room to myself as my friend was scheduled to fly home on Sunday. Hehehe. Some of you met the other girl I was actually hanging out at the con with.

See, that whole situation won't happen if I drive with a chick from San Diego to the LA con because there's really no point in flying (though now I'm considering it ;) ) but any person that goes up north with me, would obviously be headed down south with me after the con, so I won't be too independent. That even goes for my time I'm "allowed" to hang out with all of you guys for some drinks etc. after each night at the con.

I tend to gravitate to really hot / fine women but they tend to be very bossy and b*tchy and I'm sure they'll annoy most of you in short order. I have several options for who I bring (can't bring more than 1 really, as the ladies DO NOT get along with one another period). But like I mentioned, a few girls I know like SW enough to attend and enjoy the con - but I'm less attracted to them than the others in all honesty. If I'm fronting the cash for the room (and I stay in the nicest suites if I can help it), plus meals, plus her con tickets, cab fares if she chooses other entertainment, etc. - I want my $$$'s worth out of her behind.

For 5 days (including my driving time) I'm not going to survive without my typical choice for entertainment.

Turbowars
05-29-2006, 12:46 PM
[quote=Tycho]I want my $$$'s worth out of her behind.

[quote]I believe you mean that literarily. LOL

Anyways check this out, if true it's great news for us West Coasters.

A pointer about the destination a couple of my friends attended the LA convention centre with lucasfilm and gen con months ago to look around the place and one of the things that was mentioned was a contract will be signed to host the celebration convention there for the next 3 times 2007,2009,2011.

Tycho
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
3 more Celebrations? C4, C5, C6?

I don't know if I'll consistantly stand doing each one every other year. I know I'll go to C4, but they should base a potential C5 on its success - and why it has to be LA each time is truly beyond me. (well not really - contracts, etc)

If they want it in SoCal, why not DisneyLAND? And put in the revamped Star Tours while they're at it (and the new Space Mountain is finally finished).

It may be convenient for me in that it's only a 2.5 hour drive (to LA, Disney is even closer - more like 100 minutes), but I WANT to go to the East Coast, another location (or Indy again) in the Midwest, let alone possibly the South (like Atlanta or something).

Sure I could go anyway. But do people really fly into Indy or whatever just to go to their malls?

Reefer Shark
05-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I tend to gravitate to really hot / fine women but they tend to be very bossy and b*tchy and I'm sure they'll annoy most of you in short order. I have several options for who I bring (can't bring more than 1 really, as the ladies DO NOT get along with one another period). But like I mentioned, a few girls I know like SW enough to attend and enjoy the con - but I'm less attracted to them than the others in all honesty. If I'm fronting the cash for the room (and I stay in the nicest suites if I can help it), plus meals, plus her con tickets, cab fares if she chooses other entertainment, etc. - I want my $$$'s worth out of her behind.

lol lol Hell, if your prepared to pay for it, I can get you an L.A. Weekly. All you gotta do is flip to the "outcall massage" ads in the back. You could save the hassle, a little money, and you'll still get some behind :kiss: lol lol j/k!

Hey man, I agree with you on the hot women deal. I know quite a few (my wife works at Neiman Marcus, ALL her co-workers are supermodel hot). Most of 'em are pretty damn bossy and b*itcy, but I think it's because they're used to getting what they want ;)

Tycho
05-29-2006, 01:49 PM
lol lol Hell, if your prepared to pay for it, I can get you an L.A. Weekly. All you gotta do is flip to the "outcall massage" ads in the back. You could save the hassle, a little money, and you'll still get some behind :kiss: lol lol j/k!

I might take you up on that. :thumbsup: However the "Star Wars girls" I know WOULD pay their share and I'd have companionship that was actually appreciative of the event I was in town for.

Hey man, I agree with you on the hot women deal. I know quite a few (my wife works at Neiman Marcus, ALL her co-workers are supermodel hot). Most of 'em are pretty damn bossy and b*itcy, but I think it's because they're used to getting what they want ;)

Maybe I should stay a few extra days and just go to Nieman Marcus with your wife, LOL. But actually, those girls must work swing shifts down at the Nieman Marcus just around the block from me because it sounds like I've already been dating them.

2-1B
05-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Tycho, that's how Brandy gets good tip money - by playing it up for the SW convention goers. Would you expect anything different? lol

Tycho
05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
LOL - BRANDY - yeah right.

She never had any clue what I was actually worth - and though she was fun to have around that night - I've done so much better. (You should see the girl I was with last night!) Anyway, if I really had that much interest in Brandy, I would have flown her out to California by now (what is it, going on a year and a month later?!) But Brandy is like any other girl I know: I hung out with you guys until nearly 2am when all the places were closing (I imagine Friday's closed at like 11pm or soon after) and she must have gone home, freshened up, changed, etc. because I didn't hear from her until like 2:30 in the morning. Thank the stars I had enough senses to not schedule my flight out of Indy until like 2 the next afternoon. But because of the time change, etc., I went to bed so early PST when I got home (after I took my then-girlfriend out to dinner to thank her for picking me up, to hear (some) details about the convention etc. (of course she had no interest in going but had no idea what I do with my freedom when I have it).

So to make a long tangent shorter, I think Brandy went out that night (after she got off work) and figured I was her best (or last) alternative. I wasn't staying downtown Indy either - I was nearly 15 minutes out of town actually. (I originally had Embassey Suites downtown Indy, but changed at the last minute because one of my Star Wars buddies offered me their place at like 1/4 the price I was prepared to pay for my original room - plus I had garaunteed company - until that last night. Talk about good timing! ).

plasticfetish
05-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Keep it in your pants Tycho.

Okay, back on topic...

Have you guys been read some of RS thread about C4? It's so funny how 95% of all those morons are crying about it not being held in their own backyard. The other celebrations weren't in even close to CA and I don't remember hearing as much crying then. Anyways I hope to meet a few of you guys, it might be the 1st and last time. I'm thinking this will be the last Celebration for a few years.Yep, I've read through all of the posts over at RS, and there's a lot of complaining, but it's not all bad. There seems to be a lot of positive posting also... it's just getting a bit lost in all of the weird debate. (But no weirder than Tycho talking about his sex life.)

ANYWAY. If there's any point to really hammer home right now, it's that Los Angeles is a very doable location for this convention. There are a variety of airports to fly into, tons of places to stay, and no shortage of people here that can offer advice. So ask questions if you have 'em.

I was born in Hollywood, lived in the Long Beach area for the past 18 years, and like all of the other Southern Californians here will tell you, the place is huge and it can be tricky to get around, but it's probably not nearly as bad as you're imagining.

...and you know, since this is a convention for a series of films, it does sort of make sense that they're having it in LA.

stillakid
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
...and you know, since this is a convention for a series of films, it does sort of make sense that they're having it in LA.

The birthplace of ILM is on Valjean near the Van Nuys airport. It also happens to be just down the road from Stan Winston Studios too.

Of course Mann's Chinese Theater has the famous Star Wars prints. If they had any smarts at all, they'd make a deal to run the films during the time of the convention.

And plenty of photo ops in front of the studios, like Paramount, Fox, WB, Universal, and Disney.

For the truly adventurous, a trip up to Marin County just north of San Francisco will let you see the entrance to Skywalker Ranch. Just make a left off the 101 on Lucas Valley Road and drive about 15 minutes. It'll be on the right.

ILM in San Rafael is a bit more hidden away, but not unfindable if you know what to look for. :)

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 09:13 AM

The only part of it that doesnt make any sense s the location compared to the rest of the U.S. I am sure if it was in NYC or Philly or Boston, it would be the same for the west coasters that it is for the east coasters with the travel and all. Indy and Denver were somewhat centrally located for this. I am not saying its not a good city for it, but if it were in say Chicago which is near perfectly centered in the middle of the map, it might be easier for all to get to.

stillakid
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
The only part of it that doesnt make any sense s the location compared to the rest of the U.S. I am sure if it was in NYC or Philly or Boston, it would be the same for the west coasters that it is for the east coasters with the travel and all. Indy and Denver were somewhat centrally located for this. I am not saying its not a good city for it, but if it were in say Chicago which is near perfectly centered in the middle of the map, it might be easier for all to get to.

It's easy to get to. It's just takes a little longer. :yes: It's harder to get to Indy from anywhere because hardly anything goes direct, so it probably takes longer to get there than it would be to LA.

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 09:35 AM
It's easy to get to. It's just takes a little longer. :yes: It's harder to get to Indy from anywhere because hardly anything goes direct, so it probably takes longer to get there than it would be to LA.

I didnt mean travek wise, more finacial wise. I could drive to Chicago in 12 hours and not nearly spend what I would on airfare for two people.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Is everyone actually moaning about airfare when it comes down to it?

Heck, due to traffic, I might fly from SD to LA anyway, then take an airport shuttle to N. Hollywood, and the blue line or whatever in to the convention each day (better than getting my truck broken into also).

dindae
05-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Well airfare, higher hotel prices, and less attraction to the event will probably keep me from going. I've always like that the Celebration was in Indy because it was close enough to drive ($20 gas) and get a hotel room for $30-50 a night outside of town (10 minutes). Now I'm looking at flying two people to LA $300+ (I have no idea just a guess) $50-100 a night hotel. So that easily triples the base cost in going. Like someone said earlier there is no one left to meet that will likely be at the Con. Now personally I haven't had the opportunity to meet Mark Hamill or Anthony Daniels so if one or both of them show up I would be tempted. They may do some sneek preview stuff with the cartoon or TV show but I'm not sure if that will excite me as much. So I will have to see. It will really depend on the guests for me and the normal con sluts will not suffice.

plasticfetish
05-30-2006, 04:14 PM
It's easy to get to. It's just takes a little longer.That's a really good point. We can rag on LA all we want, but it's very easy to fly into that town.

Well airfare, higher hotel prices, and less attraction to the event will probably keep me from going...and that's totally legit, but cost and motivation is going to be a factor for everyone no matter what the convention. If you're only going because it happens to be near by, then that doesn't seem like much of a reason to go at all. They're gonna need to sell this thing either way.

The only part of it that doesn't make any sense, is the location compared to the rest of the U.S.I didn't go to CIII largely because I couldn't afford it, but also because if I could have scraped the money together, I didn't really want to spend it on a trip to Indiana. Seriously, not to slam the place, because I'm sure it's as nice as anywhere else, but what would there be to do other than the Con?

Los Angeles is 1000 miles south for me (I've made that drive 5 times in the past 9 months BTW) and I know what it costs to drive versus fly. If I drive, it'll cost me $250 for gas and probably another $150 for hotel and food during the drive down and back. If I fly, I can more than likely do it for $250 round trip from PDX to Long Beach International. I'd fly into Long Beach, get a room in Long Beach (I can probably find something decent for $50-$100 a night) and then for $3 a day, take the Blue Line to the convention center. If I wanted, I could rent a car at Budget for $130 a week, and then I'd be able to drive around. (My understanding from reading their Web site, is that parking is $10 per day at the Convention Center, and they have parking for 5600 cars.) I'd then have the option to do something else if I got tired of spending all of my time at the Con.

Point being... no matter where they hold this thing, some people are going to be very close, but most of us will have to spend money to get there. If they did this thing in say, Chicago, I'd probably end up spending the same kind of money getting there, but would it be worth it? I don't want to fly anywhere just to end up spending all of my time in a Hotel or a Convention Center. If it was in NYC or Philly or Boston I'd say, "Why are they having a huge film convention in those cities? What connection does it have other than being a convenient distance for some people? Would I spend the money to travel there if it wasn't for a convention?"

It's not all about being centrally located (and when you're talking about 100s of miles, I'm not sure what difference it makes.) It does have to do with it being the best place to hold a convention -- for a variety of reasons. Lastly, it'd be smart to research the costs before you decide, and I suppose we should all wait for more details about the convention itself. I'm not driving down for a few exclusives and Peter Mayhew's autograph. ;) It's pretty early yet, I think we should all wait to decide...

stillakid
05-30-2006, 04:31 PM
It's not all about being centrally located (and when you're talking about 100s of miles, I'm not sure what difference it makes.)

Good point. Except for the folks in Indy, everybody else had to travel. And out of all the fans in the world, how many really lived in the nearby vicinity?

I personally think that Lucasfilm should get their butts in gear and set up a permanent museum at the Presidio. Then they could hold convention in SF year after year.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Great, one less car on the feeway.:thumbsup:

I should have qualified it with a "been there, done that-- was bored to tears". Besides, I wouldn't be stupid enough to drive around in Hell.A. as it is. Now-- if it were in San Diego... THAT would be something I could get excited about! :thumbsup:

Ooooh... and if it were in Frisco (home of Lucasfilm), I could stay with my pal Adrianne!

Tycho
05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
So JP, you're saying we're going to see you at the San Diego Comic Con? (that would be cool, really).

As to where a convention is and what else there is to do? Heck: "do" the hotel staff if nothing else! You can make your fun however you like it wherever you go.

By the way, in Indy, there was a lot to do anyway - plus the Indy 500 was just around the corner for those staying in town. (I had to get back to SD though).

But there is a lot to do in Southern California if you have the resources: Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, the Brea Tar Pits, Hollywood's Walk of Fame, Venice Beach, Disneyland (about a 45 min drive) all that sort of stuff. You don't have to confine yourself to the convention. For us SoCals though, I can do that stuff ANY weekend or weekday and would just make this trip for the Con, unless I was doing something else WITH all of you guys. If they keep holding it in LA for another 5 years or whatever (C5, C6) I may stop attending - it is not as convenient as Comic Con for something being so close to me. But I too get nostalgic. I will happily go to the next Pasadena Star Trek Grand Slam Con - as I haven't been to one in years.

But anyway, I thought we were deciding on a town we'd all stay in so we could WALK at night when we all get together to go out and discuss "getting Peter Mayhew's autograph again?" Hehe.

I maintain my vote for North Hollywood so we can take detours to JediTricks' place and leave Mouse Droids on his doorstop :D

JT: "WTF? 82 of them? Who's going to pick all of these up? TYCHO!!!"

Jango Speck
05-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I should have qualified it with a "been there, done that-- was bored to tears". Besides, I wouldn't be stupid enough to drive around in Hell.A. as it is. Now-- if it were in San Diego... THAT would be something I could get excited about! :thumbsup:

Driving around in San Diego is no picnic either...but the beach is a lot closer.

Even though they aren't nearby, L.A. does have Santa Monica's 3rd St. Promenade, and the L.A. Farmer's Market/ The Grove. I also highly recommend catching a luxury movie screening at the Arclight in Hollywood- especially the 21+ screenings that allow alcohol. There's also a lot of cool restaurants all over the place.

plasticfetish
05-30-2006, 07:04 PM
I personally think that Lucasfilm should get their butts in gear and set up a permanent museum at the Presidio. Then they could hold convention in SF year after year.At first I was wondering why they aren't holding this in San Francisco, but you know they were thinking, "Gee, all we need is a few thousand Star War fans wandering the Marin headlands trying to find the ranch." :rolleyes:

...not to mention wandering the Presidio, which is kind of off limits to the public. San Francisco is really expensive also, and I don't think the Moscone Center holds that many people either.

Jayspawn
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I got my hotel reservations made last night! Only a block and a half from the Convention Center! Woohoo!

JEDIpartner
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Driving around in San Diego is no picnic either...but the beach is a lot closer.

It's a lot prettier too. Plus... there's LaJolla :love: and Black's Beach! :lipsrsealed:

Jango Speck
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
It's a lot prettier too. Plus... there's LaJolla :love: and Black's Beach! :lipsrsealed:

I went to UCSD, and loved to swim/surf- but at Black's Beach, you have to deal with a lot of bizarre naked men- young and old. It was a lot more fun down the road at Scripps or up the beach in Del Mar/Encinitas.

Tycho
05-31-2006, 08:29 PM
LMAO: JP likes it that way, Bro (or so he'll claim).

Turbowars
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Lets stop there with the nude beach and how JP likes it. :nerv:

Reefer Shark
05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
lol lol This thread just keeps going there, doesn't it?

Seriously, there's plenty of very nice places out here (as well as many crappy places). L.A. County is huge and very diverse, so it's hard to judge if you've only visited one or two cities..

The City of Los Angeles however, is pretty much almost all crappy.. :hurt:

Jayspawn
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I've never been there, so I'm anxious to see it.

CooLJoE
06-02-2006, 05:36 AM
I'm late to this thread by quite a few posts I see.

Personally, I hate the idea of it being in LA. Its not central US, its a VERY busy city, its complete opposite side of the country for alot of US people, etc. My personal reasons to hate the LA idea are that now I have to fly to get there (I dont like flying and haven't since I was like 10 years old....I'm 27 now), and its a very busy city. The flying thing is not only because I have a fear of flying, but also because I have to trust the airlines to get my belongings to LA without damage or getting lost (same for coming back home to Michigan). Then there is the fun of having to ship stuff back home since taking it on the flight will take up more space for my car ride home. Plus I don't care to leave my car at the airport in Detroit for 6 days while I'm in LA.

*sigh*

I'm not sure whether I'm going yet. And it sucks to hear that JP and some others won't be going (was fun meeting you guys at C3). I guess I'll have to see how hyped I get about the idea of going to C4 before I schedule it. That and see how much its going to cost and whatnot.

As for not staying near the convention center, I'd feel a bit wierd and fearful of taking a train from my hotel down to LA and walking to the convention center in a Jedi or Stormtrooper outfit. That would be my main reasoning for choosing a hotel right next door to the convention center. At C3 I spent most of the day either at the hotel or at the event, so being outside at night isn't a big deal to me. Besides, I'll be renting a car while I'm there, so I can always drive away from the convention center area and visit other places.

JEDIpartner
06-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah... there was this one freak down there who looked like a saggy old woman with multiple piercings and then when it got closer, we discovered it was an old man in a big, floppy sun hat!!! GAHHHHH!!!!!

I love the freak shows, though. LOL Seriously, why is it that the people who shouldn't be naked are usually the first ones doffing their trousers??!!!

:crazed:

Jango Speck
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah... there was this one freak down there who looked like a saggy old woman with multiple piercings and then when it got closer, we discovered it was an old man in a big, floppy sun hat!!! GAHHHHH!!!!!

I love the freak shows, though. LOL Seriously, why is it that the people who shouldn't be naked are usually the first ones doffing their trousers??!!!

:crazed:

There used to be an old guy who would ride his beach cruiser down the sand, fully nude- ouch! Oh and then there's the nude volleyball matches. Too bad those people are all old and leathery like a good baseball glove. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. OK, 'nuff said on that matter.

Tycho
06-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I was thinking about some of the other comments actually, and saying to myself: "Why is it that some Star Wars fans need to dress up and wear costumes?"

I have it in the back of my head to do this myself (Anakin's Jedi garb comes to mind as something I might look good in) - but I don't see the point in spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars in resources to don the outfits for merely a few days out of the year (let alone I don't really like wearing the same thing for 2 days in a row, let alone 5).

I like to flirt at conventions (if there's anyone there I'm interested in) and I benefit more from them seeing me as "me," than from hiding behind a costume - the same goes for making friends and introducing myself to any of you I haven't met before. (No, Anakin's Jedi Outfit wouldn't be as off-putting as say Stormtrooper armor, but neither would be as comfortable as my regular clothes).

I do like to carry a lightsaber though - as a student of the martial arts I love to find others trained to fight with me and test my skill levels. I guess that's why I'm not afraid of being accosted in LA either (doubt it would happen though) - but if it did, I'm prepared to fight (though I'd probably forgo using a replica lightsaber in that event, Hehe).

But in any case, I've been waiting for years to get car jacked, or mugged, or something because I'm so ready for them to bring it. In fact, it's scary what I'm capable of if I could claim "self defense" in court. I say "bring it on, Mo-Fo!"

Jayspawn
06-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I have to trust the airlines to get my belongings to LA without damage or getting lost (same for coming back home to Michigan). Then there is the fun of having to ship stuff back home since taking it on the flight will take up more space for my car ride home.

Yeah, transporting your own collectibles is a pain. I did that at CIII, thankfully I didnt have to ship anything to myself. Most things I wrapped up in my clothes and checked them -they arrived just fine.

Funny story though. I brought the more fragile collectibles with me and the Master Replicas Exclusive Obi-Wan Mini lightsaber set off the metal detector. I got stopped and had to explain what it was.

Turbowars
06-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Plus I don't care to leave my car at the airport in Detroit for 6 days while I'm in LA.

Take a taxi to the airport.

Joshkj
06-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I just got home from my first trip to LA this weekend. It was awsome, different, but awsome. Went to venice beach and a few nice resturants. It was fun, but I wouldnt want to live there. It will be very fun for a week, o and i found a great karioki club that has private rooms in K town.:bandit:

plasticfetish
06-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Take a taxi to the airport....or the airporter, or get a ride, etc. (Long term parking at the airport is silly.)

I just got home from my first trip to LA this weekend. It was awsome, different, but awsomeThere you go! So all you haters out there can s**k it. :D

but I wouldnt want to live there.Agreed. (says the ex-Angelino) ;)

Turbowars
06-05-2006, 09:30 PM
There's 2 reasons why I kind of want to leave CA, it's costs too much to live and well there's too many people here. We not only need to close the Mexican boarder, but the rest of the US shouldn't be able to move here as well.;)

El Chuxter
06-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, like those twits from Virginia. :)

plasticfetish
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
There's 2 reasons why I kind of want to leave CA, it's costs too much to live and well there's too many people here. We not only need to close the Mexican boarder, but the rest of the US shouldn't be able to move here as well.;)I don't want to get into it over Mexico, because part of me thinks that we should just give S.Cal back to Mexico. (They do all the work, I think they've earned it.) ;)

...but the place is really crowded. My family (on the wife's side) has lived in the LA suburbs since just after WW2, and they've watched it grow from seriously nothing, to a place where it takes you 45 minutes to drive down the street to buy some milk.

I can never understand how people from, say... the Michigan can afford to keep moving to LA though (property values are nuts), but god bless 'em... and please grab my realtor's card on your way out.

Joshkj
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
We also get all the crazys and retired old people who dont know how to drive. Noone in CA knows how to drive :P

mastermatt24
06-13-2006, 12:02 AM
Never fear! Matt is here! :whip:

Yeah.. Im kinda late in coming- Just now found the thread and read all 10- ummm.... very interesting pages. :crazed:
As for the convetion, I should be going no prob. Probably for that weekend- I wouldn't get a hotel or anything I would just drive. (Im in Whittier-really close to Fullerton, & Brea, and kinda Anaheim)

Kidhuman
06-13-2006, 03:17 AM
Whos getting me the exclusive?
]

figrin bran
06-13-2006, 03:32 AM
KH, i forgot to return your PM but i'll try my best to help you out with the exclusive. however, i don't plan on going to each day and so i can't really guarantee anything.

Kidhuman
06-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Not an issue FB.

plasticfetish
06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Whos getting me the exclusive?
What do I get in return? (You're seriously not gonna make it?)

Kidhuman
06-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Not going to make it. I will pay cost plus shippig if thats ok.

Slicker
06-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Not going to make it. I will pay cost plus shippig if thats ok.I hate to steer this thread off topic (should probably make a thread dedicated to it) but I'll do the same as KH or even more just for the trouble it's gonna be to get one.

Tycho
06-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Collectors....

What's the C4 Exclusive going to be? Another repainted Clone that some people are going to travel thousands of miles for? :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
06-14-2006, 12:58 AM
What's the C4 Exclusive going to be? Another repainted Clone that some people are going to travel thousands of miles for? :rolleyes:Who knows... but it's a year away, so we'll find out in a while probably.

I'll be going to C4. Don't know if I can swing Comic-Con this year (though I'm still trying to work it out), so next year it'll be nice to do both cons. If somebody needs something... we'll try to work it out come May '07.

abell748
06-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I was hoping for Indy because it is a 4 hour drive and driving there will not get my luggage lost. My wife and I planned on taking our kids to C4, but with it being in LA we have to leave them behind due to costs. We will still go, stay close to the convention center, and pray our luggage makes it home.

-LA scares me though.....

stillakid
06-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I was hoping for Indy because it is a 4 hour drive and driving there will not get my luggage lost. My wife and I planned on taking our kids to C4, but with it being in LA we have to leave them behind due to costs. We will still go, stay close to the convention center, and pray our luggage makes it home.

-LA scares me though.....

It's not that bad...really. I moved from Ohio years ago with "fears" too which are entirely unfounded. No, it's not "small town," but it is relatively easy to get around and there's nothing abnormally unsafe about where you'll likely be. If you get a direct flight, the luggage will make it just fine. Come, enjoy yourself, and don't worry. :)

Reefer Shark
06-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Seriously, Stillakid is right. All fears of L.A. are completely unfounded. It really is just as safe as any other city. A little crowded in some areas, but safe none the less.

Use your brain and you'll be alright. I mean, if you go into an obviously bad area and act the fool, you'll get the same reaction as any other bad area in any other state (hopefully that made sense :crazed:). C'mon out, you'll be just fine!

mastermatt24
06-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Yep. Just dont ride the city buses at night ( ;) )

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Seriously, Stillakid is right. All fears of L.A. are completely unfounded. It really is just as safe as any other city. A little crowded in some areas, but safe none the less.

I agree, big cities and small cities have the same crime rate. It is just amplified when you have 4% of 10 million as compared to 4% of 80 thousand

Turbowars
06-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Hell just stay home, we don't need the traffic.;)

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 02:09 AM
LA's like any big city. Use your common sense and you'll be fine. Heck, I once stayed in a hotel in South Central and walked to a restaurant a few blocks away. No problems at all, aside from lousy food at the restaurant. I wouldn't recommend eating there if you're coming in for C4.

mastermatt24
06-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Are we having any kind of Steve party there? (or is it to early to tell?)

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 04:23 AM
I think it would be great to get some of the out-of-staters to see the third biggest Star Wars attraction on Earth after the Celebrations and ComicCons...Frank-n-Scalpers! I say we get a huge gang of 'em together and sack the place!

dindae
06-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Well it just became financially feasable for me to make it if I so desire! Now it's up to the planners to make it worth my while to make the trip.

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Frank n Scalpers? I think all the out-of-staters should make a point to visit an In-N-Out Burger and order a Double-Double Animal Style.

I'm describing a real cheeseburger from a real burger chain, but I think I unintentionally just posted the dirtiest-sounding post in SSG history.

Tycho
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Are we having any kind of Steve party there? (or is it to early to tell?)

Yes. We're all going to get together and kidnap you from the Star Wars store and put you on an LA public bus at night. Great fun!

Who's with me? ;)

mastermatt24
06-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Damn. I knew this would happen. :tired:

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I like the Frank-n-Scalpers & in-n-out idea. We can get 8X8's (that's eight burgers on one bun!), on the way to f-n-s, then just roll over the place! (get it? We'll be big and fat from the 8X8's... ah never mind, bad joke lol)

Don't worry matt, we won't throw you on the bus, we'll get you on the the subway instead :twisted:.

mastermatt24
06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Maybe I just wont go this time... :hurt: :cry: :sad:

Tycho
06-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I say we dress Matt up like Padme first! :laugh:

Let's vote on which costume. I say the backless dress from the kiss-by-the-lake scene on Naboo. We'll add hair extensions and make-up if we need to.

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Frank n Scalpers? I think all the out-of-staters should make a point to visit an In-N-Out Burger and order a Double-Double Animal Style.

I'm describing a real cheeseburger from a real burger chain, but I think I unintentionally just posted the dirtiest-sounding post in SSG history.

I would not wish an In-n-Out hamburger on my worst enemy. I worked at a place where the lunch truck driver used to come around on Christmas Eve when we were working the night shift with his truck PACKED with Double Doubles that he gave away for free for his customers as a Christmas gift. I wouldn't even take them for free. And before you say "Well they might be bad if they sit on a lunch truck for hours before you get them", I started hating them the first time I had one and that one was fresh off the grill.

The patties are invariable over-cooked (and tiny) and thousand island dressing sucks on a salad let alone a hamburger. And what the hell is up with leaving the skin on potatos when you make french fries. There is no skin on french fries!

mastermatt24
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Im totally with you on the In n out junk. I dont see why people go crazy over them, theyre sooooooooooooo greasy. Definitly greaseir than any "normal" chain ive ever been too.

I say we dress Matt up like Padme first! :laugh:

Let's vote on which costume. I say the backless dress from the kiss-by-the-lake scene on Naboo. We'll add hair extensions and make-up if we need to.

At least you dont want a pregnant verision :nerv:

El Chuxter
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
You two are the first people I've ever heard diss In-N-Out. I've never had anything less than awesome there, regardless of the location or time of day.

Darth Cruel
06-17-2006, 11:17 PM
You two are the first people I've ever heard diss In-N-Out. I've never had anything less than awesome there, regardless of the location or time of day.

You know...it is strictly a matter of taste i presume...but I hate everything about how in-n-out does burgers and fries. But I know how popular they are so there has to be something there...just not for me. My opinion of the perfect burger is a Burger King Double Whopper with cheese, but not one made in California. If you want good beef you have to go to the mid-west where they aren't afraid to feed beef corn and other cows. You can't get good flavor from beef by feeding it tofu and brown rice.

Jango Speck
06-17-2006, 11:44 PM
My favorite thing about In 'N Out is that they use ripe red tomatoes and green leafy lettuce on their burgers- not unripe green tomatoes and the white crunchy hearts of the iceburg lettuce head like every other burger chain does. That's enought to win me over. As for grease- well that's where the flavor's at!

stillakid
06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
The chocolate shakes are the best!!!! Also try Carney's on Sunset or in the Valley. The lemonade at that stand near the Santa Monica pier is worth the trip too. :)

Tycho
06-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Well I like Thousand Island dressing, btw.

In-And-Out's wonderful. There's one of the street I live off of.

I haven't eaten there for a while though.

I've discovered Dave & Buster's barburgers instead. They are mini-hamburgers (think like White Castle), but they charcoal grill them - whoa - what flavor!

Then they put them on Kings Hawaiian rolls (so good any time, even without a hamburger).

So while I consider myself something of a hamburger conisseur, D&B's barburgers are the best!

Darth Cruel
06-18-2006, 12:23 AM
I've discovered Dave & Buster's barburgers instead. They are mini-hamburgers (think like White Castle), but they charcoal grill them - whoa - what flavor!

Then they put them on Kings Hawaiian rolls (so good any time, even without a hamburger).

Now I could get behind that if they are juicy and well made. I started using the Kings Hawaiian rolls for my young children's hamburgers at home so they wouldn't waste as much of them. Then I tried them myself and liked them that way so much that I like to do that myself from time to time.

Great football party food when you have a lot of different food to eat so nobody has to get full on a hambuger and not enjoy the wings and other stuff.

mastermatt24
06-18-2006, 01:31 AM
but they charcoal grill them - whoa - what flavor!
I think thats another reason why I dont like INO. My dad always uses charcoal and Im not used to the grease.

Reefer Shark
06-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Wow, I don't think I've heard of anyone not liking in-n-out either. I'm with speck in that everything seems to taste the freshest there. I have some allergies to preservatives, and that's one of the only fast food joints that I don't have a sneeze attack after I'm done. I'll take an in-n-out burger over any other fast food joints burger.

When I was a vegatarian (years ago) I used to throw veggie burgers in the oven, and go there and get a grilled cheese, then take it home and slap the veggie patty on there.

mmmmmm..... good stuff! :yes: Only thing taht sucks it that the drive through lines are always so long..

mastermatt24
06-18-2006, 01:59 AM
wow thats funny- When we were going back home from INO my friend started sneezing like a mad man- he said it only happens after he eats fast food too.. crazy stuff!

El Chuxter
06-18-2006, 02:34 AM
In any case, I've never found another burger chain that slathers their burgers in mustard before cooking if you ask them to.

(For you out-of-staters coming to C4, that's "Animal Style," and it makes for the best dang burger you can get from a fast food chain. Well, I think so, at least.)

mastermatt24
06-18-2006, 04:29 AM
When should I start barfing? :p (if your trying to keep people away- I think your doing a fine job! :crazed:

Turbowars
06-18-2006, 10:10 AM
If you want good beef you have to go to the mid-west where they aren't afraid to feed beef corn and other cows. You can't get good flavor from beef by feeding it tofu and brown rice.So you think feeding cow to cows is a good practice?:upset: I believe that's where mad cow disease comes from.

IN and Out is awesome. Double double animal style with fries and make those animal style as well PLEASE.

WOW I would never order a wopper over a Double double. Woppers are OK, but damn over a Double double, nope!

El Chuxter
06-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Mrs Chuxter loves the Animal Style fries. Personally, I don't profane those things with even ketchup. Best fries ever.

plasticfetish
06-18-2006, 05:57 PM
There's probably only a handful of things from down there that I really miss, and In-N-Out is at the top of the list. Aside from the fact that the food tastes great (and it does), they also have some of the highest food standards in the business... and they treat/pay their employees much better than other burger places. (In-N-Out is a role model for how burger chains should work... I wish they'd expand up here.)

So you think feeding cow to cows is a good practice? I believe that's where mad cow disease comes from.Exactly... :dead:

Kidhuman
06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
CAn someone send me a burger from there, they arent in Va either. I want to try one now.

plasticfetish
06-18-2006, 06:17 PM
You'll just have to visit and try one... :) (Don't think it'll be very fresh by the time it gets to you if we mail it.)

2-1B
06-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I never ate at an In-N-Out and I have no desire to (they aren't around here) but I love the reference in The Big Lebowski.

El Chuxter
06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
CAn someone send me a burger from there, they arent in Va either. I want to try one now.

They're all in CA, minus one or two in Vegas (so Rogue II can enjoy them). Next time my father-in-law visits, I'll see if he can bring one back for you. You may have to drive up to Maryland to pick it up, though. :D

I never ate at an In-N-Out and I have no desire to (they aren't around here) but I love the reference in The Big Lebowski.

Whatshisface (the main character/director) also sports an In-N-Out t-shirt in a few scenes in Swingers.

stillakid
06-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Whatshisface

I'll never forget Whatshisface.

Kidhuman
06-19-2006, 12:36 AM
They're all in CA, minus one or two in Vegas (so Rogue II can enjoy them). Next time my father-in-law visits, I'll see if he can bring one back for you. You may have to drive up to Maryland to pick it up, though. :D

A trip well worth it to meet up with you personally, the burger will be a bonus. Think they will charge Jek a ticket for the plane ride?

figrin bran
06-19-2006, 01:29 AM
animal style fries - blech!!

animal style double double = heavenly!

in fact, i can't even remember what the regular double double is like

DTMAN
06-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, I tentatively plan to go.
However, I would want more details.

Interesting ideas they have but the 24 hr store idea makes me wonder. I can see a problem with it if they do not have specific guidelines.

Also, they need to push up a notch on the guest list or a surprise guest ot two. I am afraid they will overprogram the event as in C2 or C3. The continuious rotation of certain activities/events was good and should continue.

Oh no, I wonder how many exclusives or merchandise they will plan. Afraid to think the possiblities.

Always in motion the future is.
Thank you.

mastermatt24
06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
animal style fries - blech!!

animal style double double = heavenly!

in fact, i can't even remember what the regular double double is like
Heres a question for all you guys: Wtf do animals have to do with thousand island dressing with chunks of pickles in it?? :confused:

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Beats the animal out of me.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-23-2006, 08:28 PM

Whatshisface (the main character/director) also sports an In-N-Out t-shirt in a few scenes in Swingers.There's at least one in Reno, too (I've driven uppa-past it a couple of times when I visit TBLCITW), and I think I've seen some in Arizona (but it coulda been a desert mirage). In-N-Out should sell "Early Bird Packages," where out-of-state visitors can "pre-order" them online and show up with an empty cardboard box and say "feed me, Seymour!" (provided the clerk is named Seymour :rolleyes: ).

Tycho
06-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh - great idea! The cardboard box can have a picture of a double-double on it, french fries, and a medium drink. If you cut out the proof of purchase and redeem it, you can have napkins when you arrive at the actual restaurant!

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
However, many may hoard the Early Bird Certificates, resulting in a lot of rancid burgers here that were never claimed.

Tycho
09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
So there has been no word about C4 Ticket Sales yet? Or did I miss something?

As a group we also have not decided on a general area we all could locate our hotels within walking distance of each other. I still have a preference for Hollywood so there are things to do after the show: bars & grills, girls, and shopping malls. And the Convention Center should be accessable by rail (train / subway) so that we aren't paying a fortune and a lot of frustration to drive in traffic and then shell out for parking fees.

Darth Cruel
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Gen-Con's website says they are sold out. But it doesn't say how long they have been sold out. If you can't find any tickets at a reasonable price, I know a scalper who is selling them. But they are pricey at 1250.00 each. I have about 10 extra tickets, but I am waiting on some relatives from out-of-state to let me know if they are coming. Just kidding. I don't think they have gone on sale yet. I emailed Gen-Con about volunteering because I am too cheap to pay. And they told me to get in touch with them later in the year about it.

Darth Cruel
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow...I had wondered from time-to-time what happened to this thread. I knew it started as a non-In-n-Out thread but I couldn't remember what the original topic was. Thanks Tycho, for getting it sent to my email again.

I just read back on some of the posts. For general info, I am aware of the mad cow issue...it was a joke.

I look at it like this...there are people all over the world that eat things that other people would find to be un-appetizing. For example: there are people in South America who find giant Tarantulas to be a delicacy. And they consider it to be a special treat when they catch one that is full of eggs. They squeeze out the eggs and cook and eat them. In other areas it is live, raw, termite queens. You know the ones with the huge white egg-making sacks on them? The slimy entrails from those sacks are considered to be a great juicy tidbit.Then there are also scorpions, monkey brains, pig's brains, cow's tongues, crickets...you all get the point. It is my own opinion that In-n-Out food is one of those disgusting things that, for whatever reason, some people just find to be delicious. But in my own opinion...the thought of eating a double double is about as appetizing to me as the thought of putting a live salamander between two crackers and eating that.

And I am sure that some of the things I like would do the same to others. For example: I like Peanut Butter Pizza from John's Incredible Pizza Company. Most people I know cringe at the thought of it. But to me, it is great! All they do is make a regular peperoni pizza, but they spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the crust before they put the pizza sauce on it. I really like the contrasting flavors of the peanut butter and pizza sauce.

And now...to get back on topic. As I mentioned before, I am thinking about volunteering because I am too cheap to pay to get in. I also have a buddy who is thinking of setting up a booth and I may be able to work his booth to get in free. I know one thing...unless it is only 15-20 dollars to get in (even if that is through advance admition) I will not go. I draw the line at 20.00. If it is 20.01...I will take the opportunity to go action figure shopping while all the collectors are at the Celebration instead. We will see what happens.

Jayspawn
10-05-2006, 11:47 AM
You cant be that cheap Darth Cruel?

The 'Xir
10-08-2006, 01:34 AM
What's up boyos?!

Hhhmmmmmm LA huh? I wonder If I should fly or drive, like I did for Indy! Drives mesa thinks! Hell I can make it into a cross-country adventure, take 2 weeks off and just see the countryside! Whoo HOO! USA USA USA!!!

Seriously though, don't know if I can make this one, but If I do decide to go, I would mainly go just to catch up with you guys, those I met at C3 and hopefully meet some new SSG'ers! Lucas and all his overpriced and under thought-out BS crap take a jump in the Pacific for all I care!

Seriously, except for the new DVD's that just came out with the Original movies on them, I dont think I have bought a single Star Wars item since RotS came out on DVD!

Jayspawn
10-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I recommend that everyone go if they possibly can. At CIII I was excited at every moment -never knowing who I'm gonna meet or what I'm gonna see.

Didnt get to meet many SSGers but hoping/planning on meeting more at CIV.

stillakid
10-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I recommend that everyone go if they possibly can. At CIII I was excited at every moment -never knowing who I'm gonna meet or what I'm gonna see.

I get that way in stripclubs.

jonthejedi
10-09-2006, 04:32 AM
I get that way when Hasbro actually makes a new sculpt of something in their SW line.

Tycho
10-16-2006, 07:35 AM
I haven't heard anything about C4 tickets going on sale, have you guys?

I still want to coordinate with everyone for a hotel or hotels in North Hollywood I think. We can take the metro-train / subway or whatever it is down to the convention center.

I'm concerned with the rumors being that there is zero good restaurants or night life where the convention center is, and it is a bad area. Besides we need to be close to a strip club for Stillakid (and me too!) So it would be more fun to stay somewhere else (within reasonable commuting distance via public transportation). I don't know how LA is, but in San Diego during Comic Con, it can cost as much as $25 to park sometimes and for the $10 parking, you need to get there hours before the convention begins. I just ride the trolley in and since I volunteer for some media work, I get press clearances so I don't wait in the lines.

I wouldn't volunteer to work the convention as security or information or something though. You miss the fun stuff and a lot of the points for being there. After hours, I'd enjoy visiting with all of you guys. C3 was a blast!

But I've heard nill on tickets or planning for C4 as of yet.

plasticfetish
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Besides we need to be close to a strip club for Stillakid (and me too!)I think you're probably gonna want to stay in the "bad" areas then. ;) Maybe over by the airport.

-----

I haven't heard squat about C4 in a while, aside from the vague mention over at Gen-Con's Web site. I'm really surprised... you'd imagine that most people would want to know a bit more before they start planning to go to this thing. Now's the time to do all that, and if they don't get their a** in gear, I may change my mind also.

El Chuxter
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Lucasfilm and the Fan Club seem to have been doing a half-baked job on just about everything in the past year, so the dearth of information on an event supposedly scheduled for six months (?) away doesn't particularly surprise me. :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
10-16-2006, 03:09 PM
The way so many people have complained about it being in LA, I wouldn't be surprised if they canned the whole idea. Be nice if they had something to say about it though...

Tycho
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
If the event is actually cancelled, wouldn't it be bigger of them (and saving face, too) if they made an announcement?

If the event is on, I agree, it would be prudent to allow folks to get their hotels booked, make their travel arrangements, etc. NOW - at least 7 months out.

Jayspawn
10-25-2006, 08:08 PM
There hasnt been ANY announcement about the show being cancelled. I'm actually glad its in LA. We're likely to get a much better guest turnout (thought C3's was great).

And I've never been to California before so I'm excited about even that!

El Chuxter
10-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Maybe the next one should be in Spain. Because I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music. They say the ladies are insane there, and they sure know how to use it, how to use it, they don't abuse it, I can't refuse it.

:beard:&isobars

Jayspawn
10-26-2006, 01:27 AM
WOOHOO! Registration has been announced!

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061025.html

About what I expected. I of course am going all 4 days!

Tycho
10-26-2006, 02:09 AM
So does anyone have any ideas about how we can all end up in the same hotel? Or close by? How about things to do after the convention hours?

Can JediTricks or another SSGr in Hollywood scout out affordable hotel options with:

-convenient public transit (preferably rail) to the convention center - thus we won't have unreasonable car-parking expenses and traffic

- proximity to bar & grill places we can hang out at after convention hours

- rooms that won't break our banks, but actually do have a friendly hotel staff to serve you (Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, that sort of thing, as opposed to Hyatt, Embassey Suites, Sheraton, Hilton - though those are acceptable to me).

I've just heard that staying right by the Convention Center is boring and less than idealistic.

plasticfetish
10-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Can JediTricks or another SSGr in Hollywood scout out affordable hotel options...I'm sure JT would love to drive around LA to check out hotels for us. lol

Tycho
10-26-2006, 05:20 AM
JT lives there and I trust he knows the area best. He or another LA forumite might be able to make some good suggestions - and they wouldn't have to drive around LA for it.

I myself will look online and make my decision at one point or another, but if we all care to be coordinated, this might be the way to go. I'd hate to be logging on to talk to you guys during the convention when I could annoy you in person instead! :pleased:

BlueSnags
10-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Turbowars had mentioned that all the out-of-towners can stay at his place.

Damn nice of him!

Jayspawn
10-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah wait till JT reads that!

I'm staying next to the Convention Center (a block away actually). It'll be more than convenient as I wont have to deal with tracking down a cab/LA traffic which I've heard is the absolute worst imaginable.

plasticfetish
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
JT lives there and I trust he knows the area best.I know... I'm just giving you a hard time because you're volunteering JT for something (driving around) that no one really wants to do in LA.

Either way though, there will be plenty of time to meet up somewhere, no matter where we're all staying. I have a funny feeling that some of the places in Hollywood, maybe the Arclight or the Egyptian, might schedule something Star Wars-ey.

Turbowars had mentioned that all the out-of-towners can stay at his place.Is that like a tent-on-the-lawn kind of thing? ;)

I'm staying next to the Convention Center (a block away actually). It'll be more than convenient as I wont have to deal with tracking down a cab/LA traffic which I've heard is the absolute worst imaginable.LA traffic sucks. No other way to say it... it's the #1 reason why I moved away.

There's really two good options for everyone. The first is to stay right near the convention center (like you Jayspawn), so you don't need to worry about getting to and from the Con. You'll have to work a little to do "other" things -- wandering off to restaurants, seeing the sites, etc.

The second choice is to pick an area with good restaurants and other fun things to see, and then figure out a way to get to the convention center when you want to. The rail system isn't perfect (it's LA, what do you expect... It's a car town), but it works just fine. I'd pick a hotel "somewhere" along the train routes. North Hollywood (NoHo), Burbank and Pasadena are a little farther out, but not bad. Hollywood can be both fun and ugly, but it's just a bit closer... might be a better "tourist" sort of spot.

I said it before also, but there's also Long Beach south of the Con. Center, which is at the end of the train (Blue Line) route, and it's not that bad of a ride. It's a fun town also.

Chances are fantastic, that I will either stay at a friends house in Long Beach, and then train up, or I'll stay at another friends place in Hollywood, and ride from there. I'm thinking about staying at a hotel right near the center also, but it depends on money... blah, blah, blah.

Here's a map also...

Tycho
10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Both Long Beach and North Hollywood sound fun. I'd like to hear what JT chimes in to say about this.

Darth Cruel
10-26-2006, 05:39 PM
OK...so The official website has finally posted info on registering. I can stop panicking now.

Turbowars
10-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Just to let you guys know there's nothing in North Hollywood.

Getting a taxi is just a phone call away.

If you guys come and rent a car and want night life you can stay in Studio City, Burbank and Hollywood. Hollywood has a new hotel (That I built) and it's really nice. It's called the Renaissance.

plasticfetish
10-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Just to let you guys know there's nothing in North Hollywood.I was just gonna say that. Only mentioned NoHo because Tycho or someone had before... but since Turbowars so tactfully said it, no, there's not much up in that area. (It's a s***-hole to be honest. A good bet for strip clubs though.)

Turbowars
10-26-2006, 09:53 PM
I was just gonna say that. Only mentioned NoHo because Tycho or someone had before... but since Turbowars so tactfully said it, no, there's not much up in that area. (It's a s***-hole to be honest. A good bet for strip clubs though.)
What, you didn't like how I said it?

Tycho
10-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh well now - if there's strip clubs, why should we even bother going to the Star Wars Convention?

The SideShow Jabba the Hutt should have shipped by then - we could just tip extra to have each new dancer chained to it - and we'd feel right at home!

Turbowars
10-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Since I haven't been to a Celebration before. I'm kind of surprised on the cost for 5 days. 110 or 125? Depending on who is going to be there and what
exclusives GG and SSC will have will determine if I buy the whole pass or not.

plasticfetish
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
What, you didn't like how I said it?No... that's not what I meant. It was oddly delicate for you. ;)

Turbowars
10-26-2006, 10:46 PM
LOL Yeah I usually don't sugar coat anything. I think it's because of what I do for a living. Construction makes you into an @sshole like it or not. :yes:

jedi_riccan
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
I went and booked my room at the Fergoria (if that is how you spell it, lol) rite after it was announced. I know it has to be sold out by now cause there were only a few rooms left when I booked our 5 rooms for the club. Funny though now I don't think anyone of us are going, lol. I am waiting for an exclusive, and guest list before I make up my mind. If it turns out to be a guest list of common people like Peter Mayhew I will gladly pass on going to thie one.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I'll definitely be going, but we're waiting until January to get passes.

El Chuxter
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm still trying to decide whether I should go or just wash my hair that weekend. :rolleyes:

Turbowars
10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Stay home and wash your hair, I hear it's pretty nasty with those dred locks.

Jayspawn
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I went and booked my room at the Fergoria (if that is how you spell it, lol) rite after it was announced. I know it has to be sold out by now cause there were only a few rooms left when I booked our 5 rooms for the club. Funny though now I don't think anyone of us are going, lol. I am waiting for an exclusive, and guest list before I make up my mind. If it turns out to be a guest list of common people like Peter Mayhew I will gladly pass on going to thie one.....

I'm booked at the Figueroa as well. I'm seen you in pics jedi riccan, so I I see you there I'll say hi. I ordered my ticket this morning so I'm all set to go! Just have to look at airline tickets now.

I think LA promises there will be MUCH bigger guest list beyond Peter Mayhew. OfficialPix has all my faith in booking guests. I'm expecting Hamill at the very least which will make my trip!

DarkArtist
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I thinking of going but have to see the bottom line as far as cash flow. Went to C II and had a blast. If I do go I am looking forward to meeting some of you. Let me know if there is going to be a sirsteve's party or outing during the convention.

dindae
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
If I do go which is looking unlikely at the moment I will likely spend most of my time hangin' with Jayspawn in the autograph lines especially if someone like Hamill is there. My girlfriend still tells the story of the day I made her stand in line for 10 hours to get Carrie Fisher's autograph. :D

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Haha!

Saving for C4 is easy. Every paycheck I put away at least $20 off to the side. Over time that grows into a nice nest egg. And I've been doing that for over a year now. It work. It really does. Also: tax season is coming up again! Put away a little extra from that too!

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah I'm gonna be in those autograph lines for sure.

dindae
11-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Haha!

Saving for C4 is easy. Every paycheck I put away at least $20 off to the side. Over time that grows into a nice nest egg. And I've been doing that for over a year now. It work. It really does. Also: tax season is coming up again! Put away a little extra from that too!

It would would be easy if it was a priority but I'm already spoiling myself with new flooring and a big screen TV. If I came out I would want to spend some time not at the Con since I've never been to California. So even on the cheap scale it would run me a grand for 2 roundtrip + hotel + entrance fee. Tax time will be no help since I will be paying this year. So if no unexpected things pop up there is a chance but I'm not going to make up my mind until I see a guest list.

dr_evazan22
11-03-2006, 11:49 AM
I think I'm going to wait until after the Holidays to reserve, just because money will be tight until then. If I can room with 2 or 3 others that'd be , well, it'd be Wizard!

Jayspawn
11-10-2006, 10:42 PM
About 6 months to go!

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Got my tickets last week, gonna find a hotel tonight or tomorrow:thumbsup:

Tycho
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
I have to find out if it's all refundable. No I haven't bought yet, but here's the thing: the soonest they'll do a kidney transplant on me is April and I want it done ASAP so I can get on with my life - plus I'll need another surgery about a year after that operation to remove my bad, original kidneys.

Once I have the surgery, I'm not supposed to be in crowds without "a Michael Jackson surgeon's mask" on - if I'm out at all - for about 3 months after the surgery until the drugs do what they're supposed to do. My immune system will be chemically suppressed by these anti-rejection drugs and anything could make me sick and actually die. This convention is in the end of May. It's possible I'll be undergoing surgery in the near vicinity of that date (before or after). If after, sure I'd love to go to C4 and hang out with you all.

Besides, I doubt I'll be able to make Comic Con 2007. However, the two outings I must make are to theaters (probably late in the shows' runs when theaters are emptier) to see Spider-Man 3 and Transformers. I may not be of sound health to line up for the midnight shows on the opening nights this time. Sucks. But I want to at least live to see the movies. Then again, they may opt to not transplant me until late summer or next Fall. I hope I'm not kept waiting that long, but it's possible.

So I need to speak to folks at C4 and find out the circumstances should I be called in for surgery. Kidneys become available at a moment's notice when someone dies if any of my possible living-donors don't work out. Right now there's only a 15% chance my little brother can give to me. I may still need Boba Frett (if he's still offering) but they want to test him out here, so I'll have to see if he'll accept a plane ticket and come for fun blood tests and ultrasounds, x-rays, that sort of thing.

I wish my life was simpler right now, but on the brighter side, this will all be over in about 2 more years.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-12-2006, 01:15 AM
Anyone have an idea of when they will open up the Holiday in for more days that just the scheduled convention days?

stillakid
11-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I
Once I have the surgery, I'm not supposed to be in crowds without "a Michael Jackson surgeon's mask" on - if I'm out at all - for about 3 months after the surgery until the drugs do what they're supposed to do. My immune system will be chemically suppressed by these anti-rejection drugs and anything could make me sick and actually die.

Perhaps they could rig up a lifesupport system in a Darth Vader mask and suit? Not that anyone would REALLY want to walk around encased like that, but if you have to protect yourself, how cool would that be? :thumbsup:

Tycho
11-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Actually, that's a really good idea. I'm a little short for Darth Vader (I'm 5'9") but I've felt at home in the costume before when I've tried it on. I could look into that and stormtrooper gear, as both (with a filter in the breath mask) might allow me to enjoy Comic Con and the Celebration - not to mention use "the suit" for what it was actually intended for.

I'll ask my doctor about that and look into some 501st Legion costume resources. For "Tycho," a TIE Fighter Pilot might also be appropriate as TIEs are what Tycho flew before defecting to the Rebel Alliance after Alderaan was destroyed. (Tycho's Alderaanian)

Yeah, I'm getting some ideas. I won't be allowed to remove my helmet in crowds however, so I'll have to go for comfort over authenticity on the rest of the uniform. But there's no garauntee I'll have had the surgery then either.

The thing is, I've talked to a girl that's been through it already. She's 23 now and had it done when she was 18. She said they inflate you with air to make space for them to operate inside of you and it takes about 3 months for you to deflate after that. If so, investing heavily in a costume that won't fit me 3 months later might not be great either. I just don't know.

dindae
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I just figure we could rig up some kind of Hyperbolic Chamber on wheels to look like a giant mouse droid to roll you around. That way you don't have to get worried about getting worn out either.;)

Tycho
11-13-2006, 01:44 PM
A Mouse Droid! That really made me smile, Dindae. It sounds perfect! Let's make sure it has reclining seats with a lumbar support for my back, a drink holder, and I'm all set!

Jayspawn
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
5 months to go!!!!

DarkArtist
12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
looks like I am gonna have to bail on the idea of going this year, maybe if we get a Celebration V I'll be able to go. Right now my wife and I are working on getting out of debt, getting a house, and of course hoping to bring a new Jedi into the world.

Tycho
12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Dark Artist - those are very reasonable priorities and much better ones than a Star Wars convention, especially in a non-movie year.

Jango Speck
12-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Dark Artist - those are very reasonable priorities and much better ones than a Star Wars convention, especially in a non-movie year.

But there won't be any more "movie years"...

Tycho
12-12-2006, 02:30 AM
But there won't be any more "movie years"...

That's true. It's also why I feel C1, C2, and C3 were the best these conventions could offer.

Now I've seen George Lucas live (at C3), so besides waiting in line for exclusives, which I just don't do, who else could be of interest?

Harrison Ford? - it's unlikely he'll ever do a SW convention.

Liam Neeson - ditto

Ewan McGreggor - while he'd be real interesting to hear from, being barely older than most of us, I doubt he'd show.

Ian McDiarmid - he'd be incredible to see. One can hope. But it's not terribly likely, is it?

Natalie Portman - she did Comic Con for V-for-Vendetta, but I didn't try to attend. She's not a huge Star Wars fan and I don't think she needs to show up at a con to help her career.

Christopher Lee - I'm sure we'll all be invited to his funeral.

Samuel L. Jackson - I missed him at Comic Con as well, (for Snakes on a Plane). He might do Star Wars and it could be interesting. Not too much new to tell though, I'd suspect.

And I've seen all the rest and hearing them reminisce about anything they haven't already coughed up in Insider interviews, etc. over the years is highly unlikely - plus the memories are fading. They've got to move on from Star Wars.

The best part of C4 would be meeting many of you, re-connecting with those of you I know, and us all hanging out face to face. With (I'm guessing) hotels ranging from $100-200 a night, will it be worth $500 to $1,000 to annoy all of you in person when I do that online most every night anyway? It was a lot of fun at C3, but there was a lot to see and do beyond converse.

On the top of the list for C4, Sansweet has pledged they'll debut a clip or the first episode of the new Clone Wars project. That may or may not be a promise he comes through with - but we'll all get to see the broadcast for free on our TV about 4 months later - then buy the DVD from Uncle George about 9 months after that. Plus someone will post bootlegged footage on YouTube and StarWars.com will have still pictures, if not a snippet of live feed for a promotion anyway.

I have to consider the fact that I may be having major surgery close to this time so I've had to rethink my usual M.O. that says "It's a SW convention? I'm so there!" Now I'm waiting a bit to see.

Jayspawn
12-18-2006, 12:05 AM
That's true. It's also why I feel C1, C2, and C3 were the best these conventions could offer.

I disagree, CIV has the potential to be even greater than any of these. And CIII was pretty spectacular!

jonthejedi
12-20-2006, 06:00 AM
I've said this before...many posts ago...that anything now is almost anti-climactic after CIII. My son got to go on stage & meet Mr. Lucas. No guest lineup in the known universe will ever come close for me. No offense to anyone on the west coast...I was hoping for a more centralized state locale. I know Sansweet said that space was a big issue at Indy Con. Ctr. If they get Ewan, Natalie, etc. I'll eat crow...but we know it aint gonna happen. I've met Dave Prowse & Jeremy Bulloch at so many places, I feel like we're on a 1st name basis. And any cool exclusives will be online anyway. I feel that this kinda $$$ could go just as easily to taking my family to SW Weekends in Florida...and my son will have just as good a time w/o all the pushing & shoving.

Jayspawn
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
About 4 months to go! Now that 2007 is finally here we should start hearing some information soon.

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 11:38 AM
OfficialPix has updated their website for upcoming conventions including Celebration IV: Guests TBA soon!

They started announcing guests about his time before CIII, so we should be hearing something.

OC47150
02-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to attend. :( With C2 and C3 being in my backyard, I got spoiled. But with a mortgage and work commitments, I just can't afford it.

Has anyone heard if the C4 store is going to have its merchandise available online? That could help a lot of us fans who aren't able to attend.

If not, no big deal. I'm sending $$$ with friends who are attending.

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey, it's only $110 per person. What a bargain. :rolleyes:

I think I have laundry to do that weekend.

Tycho
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
$110 per person*
$ 49 per fan club membership to get the "benefits"
$600 for the hotel at $120 a night (your mileage may vary depending)
$110 for food at $10 / meal, 2 meals per day (your mileage may vary)*
$ ?? parking fees or public / private transportation costs (may vary)
------------------------------
$869 which is more realistically at least $1,000

* toy shopping not covered
*drinks or cover-charges not included for those going out at night

Now, there is no new movie.

PROS:

1) There might be animated TV show footage shown
2) Seeing many of you all from the forums and getting together like an SSG club
3) Being able to socialize with other SW fans without a mouse and keyboard
4) Autograph collecting for those (not I) who are into that (long lines enjoyable?)
5) Guest speakers recapping their experiences with Star Wars

CONS:

1) You'll see the animated show in full when it is finally ran on television if it isn't ultimately designated an i-Tunes download as some rumors threaten. Seeing Gennedy's CW animated played for the first time at Comic Con was magical, but it was all part of the hype building up to Episode 3. There is no such thing now.

2) You don't have enough of each other arguing about the Sith Infiltrator now - you must do it where you can actually come to physical blows over this issue?

3) same as above

4) So as has-been with a bit part signs your action figure. In another generation when you might want to sell it on eBay afterall, no one will care. Otherwise, everyone else who cares will be in line getting their figure signed as well - so how is this benefitting you? I much more appreciate the time to actually hold a conversation with someone I find interesting. Unfortunately, the larger names in Star Wars won't be attending. Big movie stars (for example, Ewan McGreggor) do those kinds of gigs to promote their soon-to-be-released work and attract an audience to witness their efforts. Liam Neeson, Natalie, etc. don't need to promote Star Wars. They got their paycheck. Now Mark, Carrie, BillyDee and so forth might not have anything better to do. It's great to hear "how it has been," from a "has-been." In an amazing instance, Sam Jackson might show because he's a fan, and Harrison Ford could show (in a dream nearly) because he wants to promote the Indy Cult as opposed to the Indy Colts).

5) All the other things you would do with $1,000 - oh and that's not including air fare for any of you that might need it.

Personally, how much I physically tire because of my health these days is affecting my decision to or more likely not to attend C4. I've gone to C1, C2, and C3 and flown half-way across the country for them. This one is in my own backyard, but there is nothing new or exciting to me about going to Los Angeles. I've worked there in the entertainment business.

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
PROS:

2) Seeing many of you all from the forums and getting together like an SSG club

Mind you, I'm not at all adverse to driving out there to socialize after-hours. ;) Just $110 per person to see ads is another story altogether.

"But Chux," you may say, "you'd never miss Comic-Con, which is essentially the same thing." Well, yes and no. It's become more and more corporate and "Hollywood," but underlying it all is a common love of an art form--not a particular franchise. I can see starving artists hawking their wares just before seeing a giant like Frank Miller or Jim Lee; I can spend the entire time looking for old comics or discussing the ins and outs of the process with others. (Okay, I spend an inordinate amount of the time watching movie trailers. So sue me. But, face it, a surprise appearance by the entire casts of Ghost Rider and Spider-Man is far more worthy of being "starstruck" than meeting "third Stormtrooper from the left.")

Tycho
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Awww, Chux. I thought you loved Comic Con because you got to hang out with ME! :sad:

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Dammit, that was supposed to be a secret! :p

Jayspawn
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey, it's only $110 per person. What a bargain. :rolleyes:

I think I have laundry to do that weekend.

Actually it is. It works out to only $22 a day which is a great deal.

Jayspawn
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
While OfficialPix has not officially confirmed their appearance it looks like Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Amy Allen (Aayla Secura), and Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee) have confirmed via their websites they they will be attending. Woohoo!!!

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Okay, all kidding aside, why does the actress who plays Barriss Offee have a website, and why would anyone read it?

Slicker
02-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Because Star Wars fans are, at times, very pathetic and try to make stars out of nobody's (Aurra Sing, Aayla, Boba, Quinlan, etc.) for there sheer enjoyment and to fulfill sad fantasies.

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
But, dude, at least Boba Fett has always been portrayed by actual actors. Aurra was a model, Aayla was some Lucasfilm tech, and I challenge you to name anything else Barriss has been in.

Kidhuman
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Here is her IMDB list:

http://imdb.com/name/nm1001233/

Tycho
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Dude, since ANH and the actor who played the dead Jawa that C-3PO throws on the fire, Star Wars has launched the stellar careers of small-part actors!

You have the guy who played Malakaeli. Now who could forget his tears of sorrow when his pet Rancor died?

Recently, in ROTS, there's the guy who played the little Utai that dragged the fuel cable to Obi-Wan's fighter ship. Stop my beating heart! I want an action figure of that Utai and an Official Pix shot just so he can autograph them after I wait in a line for 3 hours!

Isn't that what being a fan boy is all about?

Actually a secret hero of mine placed the Mouse Droids on the floor of the first Death Star - especially the one Chewie growls at. They should offer autographs of the official Mouse Droid handlers - but instead they didn't even get their names mentioned in the credits. What kind of gratitude is that?

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Would anyone be willing to pick up an extra figure for me at the convention this year (if they have one that is). Just let me know how much it is going to cost with shipping.

Jayspawn
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
3 months to go!!!:D

Jayspawn
02-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Woohoo! Finally the 1st wave of Guests for Celebration IV has been announced! The following are the first....

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
Dave Prowse (Darth Vader)
Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
Lightning Bear (ROTJ Biker Scout/ Stormtroopers) *1st US appearance!
Paul Blake (Greedo)
Richard Bonehill (ESB Snowtrooper/ Stormtrooper)
Mike Carter (Bib Fortuna)
Mike Edmonds (Logray/ Ugnaughts)
Garrick Haggon (Biggs Darklighter)
Gerald Home (Tessek the Quarren & Mon Calamari Officer)
Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti)
Tim Rose (Sy Snootles & Admiral Ackbar)

Impressive 1st list. There will be several more lists of guests added so this is gonna get good! They've also said that there will be authors, artists, and various people from the television shows (Clone Wars I hope).

Tycho
02-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Jayspawn, you're in Aurora, Colorado? Were you there in '99 for Celebration 1?

Out of curiousity, what's your history with SW Celebrations?

Jayspawn
02-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes I do! I attended Celebration I and III.

I worked for the SW Fan Club durring the time of Celebration I so I went for free which was nice. It was a wretched weekend as it was cold (all the time) and rainy and having half the events outside didnt help. I still had a great time though. I got to meet Pernilla August, Ahmed Best, Hugh Quarshie, Warwick Davis got autographs from all of them. Got to see Slick Rick too! I got to go anywhere I wanted which was great too.

I was penniless sick at the time of Celebraton II. And it was in Indianapolis instead of Denver and that didnt help. I felt really bad about missing it. I swore that I would go to CIII if there was one, broke or not!

I had money when CIII rolled around and I went with a friend from LA. The weather was crappy again -but I had a blast! I spent a ton of $$$ but it was more than worth every dollar.

So from here on out, I'll go to ANY SW event. But I'll tell you, the weather is bad at EVERY Celebration. Luckily in LA, I think the worst we could get is rain.

plasticfetish
02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
...chances are good it won't be raining come May. Spring's really the best time of year down there. Not too hot yet, but plenty sunny... hmmm...

Tycho
02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I remember Celebration I: "The Dagobah Convention."

It was mostly set up in "big tops" outdoors, with the lines for events being outside, as well as the Pizza Hut, KFC food vendors. They said Colorado is 360 days of sunshine. This convention was held during the 5 days that was not true for 1999.

Celebration 2's weather was just fine if I recall correctly. Well, there was snow on the sides of the road, but I really didn't have to be outside for unpleasant weather. Indy was really nice.

Celebration 3 started fine, but I was outside in the sudden rain at 6 in the morning to line up for George Lucas' personal appearance. I'm OK with having done that. C3 was the best time, because I got to hang out with the most members from the site.

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Richard Bonehill (ESB Snowtrooper/ Stormtrooper)

Dude, that just changed my mind.

I am so there.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
If not, no big deal. I'm sending $$$ with friends who are attending.

I have an acquaintance who is likely going to the convention. I'm going to hit him up for some purchases if I have the cash when the time comes.

Jayspawn
02-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Andthony Daniels has confirmed via his website that he'll be attending! WOOHOO!

Tycho
02-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Anthony Daniels is really cool in real life (considering C-3PO as a character annoys me).

Those who have never seen or met Daniels in person will like him. He really cares about the fans, too.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I would hope he cares about the fans. He no doubts gets a large majority of his income from us because I'm sure that grocery store gig doesn't pay too well.:p

Jayspawn
02-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Should be another guest announcement tonight. I know a lot of people are hangin around waiting for it to go live on SW.com and OfficialPix.

Jayspawn
02-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Part 2 of Celebration IV autograph guests has been announced!

Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
John Coppinger (Jabba Puppeteer, Horox Ryyder and Senator Yarua in TPM)
Barrie Holland (Lieutenant Renz in ROTJ)
Ian Liston (Wes Janson, AT-AT Driver)
George Roubicek (Commander Praji in ANH)
Simon Williamson (Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guard, Mon Calamari Officer)

There's going to be another announcement this next week, maybe Wednesday!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
It seems like they're getting a bunch of random background people . . . then again, they had a lot of those at the others.

So far I've gotten autographs from Ahmed Best, Billy Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, and Temuera Morrison. I might get Anthony Daniels (I wish he were doing the hosting again, though) and, if her line isn't too long, Carrie Fisher. When she went to CII, the wait looked intense.

Oh, and I got two four-day passes yesterday. We're still figuring out when everyone in my family wants to go (since the passes are day-specific) so we'll probably get more soon.

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Tonights guest announcement has been delayed until tomorrow night. They're announcing 10-12 people instead of 5/6.

I'm willing to bet that we're gonna get several more major/specific attandees.

Tycho
03-01-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm willing to bet that we're gonna get several more major/specific attandees.

Like the Scout Trooper who hit a tree?

He should be seated right next to the Scout Trooper who hit a log!

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Here's round 3 of CIV Guests! Some great new additions and some old favorites!

Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
Sean Crawford (Yak Face and Mon Calamari officer)
Tim Dry (J'Quille (Whiphid) and Mon Calamari Officer)
Rusty Goff (Kabe, Jawa, Gonk)
Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee)
Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade model)
Rena Owen (Taun We, Senator Nee Alavar)
Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli)
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Bonnie Piesse (Beru Lars)
Orli Shoshan (Shaak Ti)
Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
Femi Taylor (Oola)

Tycho
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Orli Shoshan was so hot the last time I saw her!

Silly me, that caused me to fantasize about going...

Bonnie Piesse is a surprise, too. She might still be cute.

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Bonnie Piesse is a surprise, too. She might still be cute.

Oh I have no dought. I saw a convention pic of her from this last year -yow!

Orli is a hottie too. I'm glad she's going also.

2-1B
03-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I heard A Daniels can sometimes be a little rough around the edges in person.

Nobody tops Peter Mayhew in the douchebag category, though. :)

Jayspawn
03-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Haha! Mayhew is not a total douche. I've met him twice and he's always been awesome with me. He was very polite. But I've heard stories.

2-1B
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I've got about 3 or 4 personal stories I could share...:mad:

OC47150
03-02-2007, 08:29 AM
The Douche Award should go to Billie Dee, without a doubt. Just remember C2 and C3. Nuff said.

I didn't have a problem with Peter Mayhew, but he could've been a little warmer/friendlier at C2.

David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch are nice. I've met them at different venues.

Jayspawn
03-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Autograph Tickets are up for sale!

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=72

Tycho
03-04-2007, 12:10 PM
If I decide not to go to the convention, I will drive up to LA once or twice to hang out with all you guys for drinks & dinner or such one or two nights of the Con. You all, from our site / forums here, will be the most important feature of the show.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I think I may get Bruce Spence's autograph. I'm glad they're adding more prequel people now.

I also read that Jay Laga'ia will be the host on the Celebrity Stage, so that should be cool. He was really good at it at CIII.

Jayspawn
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm glad that Jay is returning to MC as well.

The next CIV Guest Update is rumored to be this friday. If the sources are correct, there could be 7 MORE guest updates!

Jayspawn
03-09-2007, 08:58 PM
The Fett boys have been added to the lineup!

Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett, Captain Coulton)
Daniel Logan (Boba Fett, Clonelings)
Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett, Commander Cody)