PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Earth Kir Kanos 2-pack

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-27-2006, 12:31 PM
According to Rebelscum, EE's latest catalog shows a $20 2-pack, with one of the figures being Kir Kanos and the other not yet known (but supposedly Carnor Jax).

From the small pic on their site, it looks like a ROTS Royal Guard with a retooled cape to show his body armor. Meh. I don't even know these guys from EU so I'm not sure I'll get this.

James Boba Fettfield
05-27-2006, 12:35 PM
I'll buy it. I like the EU stuff.

jedi master sal
05-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Meh, the Royal Guards are cool and I know I'll get this set, but it's not somethign I'm excited about. I don't remember the EU story all that much, but know there are several people who are KK/CJ fans.

$20 though and that's NOT including shipping either. Everyone bend over...

Slicker
05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Hopefully this'll quiet the damn EU people down now.

I'm sure it's a nice set but whatever...

PU on the EU.

Umbra
05-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Yay that it is officially official now. IS it too much to hope for a removeable helmet?

itherwise the retooled cape/body was pretty much what I was expecting. To be honest when i got the royal guard originally, i looked at his under armor to see how it stcked up to the comic out of curiocities sake.

Reefer Shark
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I know a lot of the EU stuff is kinda lame, but Crimson Empire was definitely an exception. We got to see Royal Guards in training (I especially liked the scene where Vader tested them).

Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax were some great characters, and looked damn cool too. I'm sure they'll make awesome action figures, and I'm all over this set. Like Umbra said, hopefully they'll have removable helmets, or maybe interchangable heads/helmets - that would work fine for me. I'll probably get two sets actually.

edit: I just found a decent sized pic over at Toy News International. It looks like the same sculpt as the red guard, but maybe different paint and cape? ...and of course he has that cool vibro-blade weapon that he had in the comics!

Click here for the pic ----> Kir Kanos (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=9528)

TheDarthVader
05-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Instead of this two pack, they should have made a Hermi Odle and Yarna two pack. Why not focus on the OT and PT? It has never made sense to me. Hermi and Yarna would sell more packs than this set. And besides, I am not sure who is going to win the poll, but if Hermi or Yarna doesn't win, I am going to wish this was a jabba's palace two pack.

I agree with Slick. PU on the EU.

B.
TDV

Kill Solo
05-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Yay that it is officially official now. IS it too much to hope for a removeable helmet?

If you check out the Jedidefender.com for the catalog scan they show that the helmet IS removable .....

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/5-06/EE_catalog1.jpg

Reefer Shark
05-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Sweet! He's got the scar that Vader gave him.

Umbra
05-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Sweet! He's got the scar that Vader gave him.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks Hasbro, i'll definitly pic up the set

Jaff
05-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm gonna second Thedarthvader, and third slicker. There are still a lot of film figs waiting to be made, and in a year (2006) of endless rehashes with little opportunities for never before made characters I was hoping that they would have exclusive something more impressive. In the end the Kir Kanos is really just another rehash. The royal guard just has a removable helmet now and a new weapon.

JEDIpartner
05-27-2006, 05:21 PM
These do nothing for me.

Rocketboy
05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Hopefully this'll quiet the damn EU people down now.

I'm sure it's a nice set but whatever...
That's like saying "Lets out out this fire with gasoline!"

PU on the EU.:yes:

Darth Otis
05-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Personally, I like the idea of some EU characters.

My question is... if this is supposed to be an EE exclusive... why is it listed on the SW.com website as available at SWS.com?

Darth Cruel
05-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I am happy to get ANY Star Wars figure...EU or cannon. And I understand all to well the desire that the collectors who have wanted this figure so bad feel. So congratulations to those collectors...and to the rest of us as well. And I hope it is well-articulated and well sculpted.

Slicker
05-27-2006, 09:38 PM
IAnd I hope it is well-articulated and well sculpted.It doesn't matter how perfect it is. Everyone'll complain about something on it...:rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2006, 01:00 AM
If you check out the Jedidefender.com for the catalog scan they show that the helmet IS removable .....
The mystery figure silhouette on that page looks like the latest Han Solo figure. Hopefully that is just a placeholder and not an outline of the actual figure that will be coming with it. Actually, now I just read the fine print. It says the new figure is not Han Solo in a new hat. Says it comes with a comic too, so two figures with accessories and a comic book is not too bad for $20. I still haven't read Crimson Empire yet, but i'll get this set.

Slicker
05-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I thought this figure looked familiar.

It's just a rehash of a vintage bootleg...

Been done already (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/1.jpg)

Mad Slanted Powers
05-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I thought this figure looked familiar.

It's just a rehash of a vintage bootleg...

Been done already (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/slicker1138/Hosted%20pics/1.jpg)What is the Royal Guard doing on Tatooine? Also, the card looks like it says "Stars War", and "Uzay" sounds like something Boushh said. Funny stuff.

Slicker
05-28-2006, 02:13 PM
What is the Royal Guard doing on Tatooine? Also, the card looks like it says "Stars War", and "Uzay" sounds like something Boushh said. Funny stuff.It does indeed say Stars War.

The Uzay figures are probably the most famous of the vintage bootlegs. They had such famous names as Headman and the Imperial T E Pilot.

The most famous though is probably the Uzay Blue Star which is just a snowtrooper painted blue with red eyes.

I'll search for a site that has info about them then post the link for crap of it.

Jargo
05-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks like hasbro gave Kir breasts judging by the shape of the chest armour.
in terms of execution, the figure head looks quite decent. If these things ever hit clearance I might get hold of one just for the head. looks like it might suit my needs. The rest seems very glam rock. Very made for TV sci-fi. And the helmet (while actually probably being better scale considering there is a human head under the helmet so the other figures of royal guards must be modelled on pinheads) being bigger will look odd next to the royal guard figures we've already got. And why does he have a double bladed weapon when the royal guards use force pikes?
Looking at it with this first impression appraisal I reckon i give this figure a 3 out of 10.
To be honest, if there was any EU comics stuff I'd fancy it would have to be Tag and Bink. Regular royal guard costume. Or use this new bigger removable helmet. Stormtroopers with removabe helmets. TIE pilots with removable helmets. even rebel troopers. TAG and BINK would be ace for customisers and for swelling the ranks of rebels and imperials and jedi younglings. Much more scope with them.

This figure, on the other hand is pants. in my opinion.

Reefer Shark
05-28-2006, 05:35 PM
why does he have a double bladed weapon when the royal guards use force pikes?

They used the double-bladed weapon in the comics, along with the force pikes. They also used heavy blasters I think. The blades were positioned a bit differently though IIRC.. (I'm pretty sure they were facing opposite directions)

It would be really cool if the figure comes with a force pike, and the bigger blaster along with the vibro-blade, but I doubt that'll happen.

kool-aid killer
05-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Me likey!!! I enjoy getting new EU figures every now and then, so this is good news for me to hear. I wonder what the packaging will look like, especially considering its to be a two pack.

pegger
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Wasn't Kir on the Toyfair list?

I would like to say that because this is EU I will skip it. But I know I'll still get it....cause I'm a hopeless addict.

seanmcfripp
05-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I think there are quite few new parts on it, as I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible to get a newly tooled head on the ball joint from the ROTS gaurd. The chest armor looks a little different too, so methinks that's got to be an all-new torso. Also, those arms are different than the ROTS version (which had smooth gloves), and if my eyes don't deceive me, I think those are ball jointed elbows. So basically, it's all new figure from the waist up.

Personally, I love it, and that's coming from someone who cares little to nothing for EU. Royal Gaurds are cool, and this guy is a royal gaurd, so goodbye $20.

Oh and Slicker, PU on the EU. Good funny. I may steal that and use it as a sig line.

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
PU on your mama, Slicker. :mad::p

Mystery figure.... Nom Anor? Sort of a long shot, but it would be a nice surprise.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-29-2006, 02:21 PM
I just noticed the SSG front page says "Kit Kanos" instead of Kir Kanos.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 06:17 PM
My question is... if this is supposed to be an EE exclusive... why is it listed on the SW.com website as available at SWS.com?My guess is it's an e-tailer exclusive like that recent Wedge figure was.

The set seems a bit pricey, so I am not sure I will get it or not at this point, but it's a pretty decent choice of source material.

Darth Otis
05-29-2006, 06:38 PM
I don't think $20 for 2 new figures and a comic is such a bad price.

Sure, the SOTE 2-packs were $10 each back in the day.

But the newest Target exclusives were $12.99 apiece.

Tycho
05-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I totally dig this figure! Back in the day (probably even the 90's) I made custom figures of Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax. So I've always wanted this.

There's more EU that they could do (Yuuzhan Vong and the Solo Kids for starters) and I definitely think this is a way to keep old school collectors who remember how to read, interested.

I am probably not ever going to ever buy the next improved Han or Luke.

I mean look at the Tatooine wave: I got 1 Momaw, and am buying 8 Hem Dazons (in process now) - but that's it. I'm even ignoring Garindan's resculpt. (the cape is probably too short anyway).

I bought, nor was interested in, ANY of the new VOTC figures as well.

Yeah, Herme Odel would be very cool. Yarna? Yawn. But I'd buy her. I do get more excited by some possible EU choices.

So to each their own.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 06:54 PM
How "new" will this new figure be? Will Kir Kanos just be the ROTS Royal Guard body with a new head, helmet, cape, and staff? Plus, why should I spend $10 per figure yet again? Hasbro's answer is likely because they're in lower numbers so the price is meant to justify the return on the mold costs.

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
This is awesome news! Crimson Empire was an awesome series and now we'll have 3 figures from it this year (if the mystery figure is from Crimson Empire). I'm guessing it'll be Carnor Jax, but Nom Anor from CE II would be cool as well, or maybe another one of Carnor Jax's personal guard of stormies would be fine, though since we're getting one this summer, I'd prefer Jax or Anor.

I'm just hoping with all this hype Dark Horse will finally release Crimson Empire 3. I reread the books today and still am upset with the cliffhanger CE 2 leaves me with.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I reread the books today and still am upset with the cliffhanger CE 2 leaves me with.

I know. I've asked Randy Stradley at Dark Horse about that at every Comic Con and Celebration for years (we're friendly acquaintances and he wrote the CE series). It's gotten to the point where I just ask him "Hey Randy, what's my question this year?" and he'll reply "When will I do CE III? - the same question as it always is." He's glad I am such a fan of his work though. He is a Star Wars brand manager / editor / publisher for Dark Horse under only Mike Richardson I believe. He's a very creative and cool fellow - just lagging in the obvious area we are all talking about. Actually, I think he did tell me that Dark Horse was more prequel focused on Republic and the On-Going series for a while, especially with the Clone Wars running and any CE project would have to wait. The really good news for Randy is that the series and now with a figure forth-coming, STILL has a following, so it is possible that I wasn't the only one pining for a CE III. You're proof of that yourself.

dindae
05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm happy to see this as well. The books turned the "elite" guards from glorified doormen into image of butt-kicking troops they should be. They need to mix in more EU now while they can to extend the line. It they cranked out the few remaining OT sculpt as quickly as possible and then decided to go mainly with EU and rescuplts the line would die a quick death.

trandoshan666
05-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I like this and am planning on buying it. I'm really interested to see how it's going to be packaged first, though.

Jango Speck
05-30-2006, 03:36 PM
This is now available through starwarsshop.com as a "shared exclusive". FYI

JEDIpartner
05-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Still not interested at all.

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 03:38 PM
I know. I've asked Randy Stradley at Dark Horse about that at every Comic Con and Celebration for years.
Keep on asking him Tycho. I think with the prequals done and outside of the focus they've been on during that time they are prime for a return to CE III, especially with Darkhorse working on items such as Legacy and KOTOR.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Way off-topic, but is Legacy out yet? My comic book shop closed and I had to become a new customer at a new comic book store. I am supposedly subscribed to all their Star Wars books, but I'm just making sure.

I think:

Republic is over (at 82 or 83)
Empire is continuing (in the high 40's now)
Rebellion has started (up to #2 or 3 now)
Tag & Bink is complete but I'm missing #1 and have since ordered it.
Rogue Leader is still going - not sure what Number it will reach
KOTOR is still going - up to #4 or 5 now?
Legacy either has not yet begun or is only 1-2 issues out now - HELP HERE

Reefer Shark
05-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I haven't seen Legacy hit the stands yet, and I go to the local comic shop every Wednesday. I'm guessing it's safe to say it isn't out yet.

Tycho
05-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks RS.

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Way off-topic, but is Legacy out yet? My comic book shop closed and I had to become a new customer at a new comic book store. I am supposedly subscribed to all their Star Wars books, but I'm just making sure.

I think:

Legacy either has not yet begun or is only 1-2 issues out now - HELP HERE
Legacy # 0 .25 preview issue comes out next Wed
Empire ended earlier this year
Rogue Leader is also done

Leaves us just KOTOR< Rebellion, and soon to be Legacy

Rocketboy
05-30-2006, 05:41 PM

I think:

Legacy either has not yet begun or is only 1-2 issues out now - HELP HEREFrom Darkhorse.com:
KOTOR #5 - May 31
Legacy #0 - June 07
Rebellion #3 - June 14
Lagacy #1 - June 21
KOTOR #6 - June 28
Legacy #2 - July 5
Rebellion #4 - July 12

Tycho
05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Thank you Rocketboy, Banthaholic, and once again, ReeferShark.

I appreciate the info guys.

I better check if my Empire, Rogue Leader, and Republic series are all up to date.

One last question is what is the highest numbers reached for those 3 respectively?

Rocketboy
05-30-2006, 06:35 PM
I know Republic ended on #83, but I stopped buying Empire quite a while ago and never bought any Rogue Leader.

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Thank you Rocketboy, Banthaholic, and once again, ReeferShark.

I appreciate the info guys.

I better check if my Empire, Rogue Leader, and Republic series are all up to date.

One last question is what is the highest numbers reached for those 3 respectively?
Empire went up to #40

The latest Rogue just had three issues

Republic went to 83

Turbowars
05-30-2006, 06:49 PM
From the large pic on EE, I compared my ROTS Red Guard and here's what's new on the Kir,

New Torso and Crouch
New forearms
Head and helmet
Cape
Paint app on legs

It's too bad they didn't give him SA arms, I mean hell they made new forearms so why not go all the way? I have never been into EU, but this guy is close enough to the OT to like it. When I was a kid I always wondered who those cool looking red guys were and why they just stood there. It's too bad we did get to see them in action in the PT.

Rocketboy
05-30-2006, 06:54 PM
It's too bad we did get to see them in action in the PT.They had a lot more action in the PT - instead of just standing and walking they fell down!
:D

Turbowars
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
and for that Lucas gets 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nightbeat
05-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Just placed my order...Is it too much of a pipe dream to pray that the mystery figure is Carnor Jax?

Umbra
05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Just placed my order...Is it too much of a pipe dream to pray that the mystery figure is Carnor Jax?

I think the easiest and most likely figure would be Carnor Jax in Armor.

Potentially we could see his Female aquantence from the series.

Really lame copout would be the Black Stormtrooper already released

Nightbeat
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Carnor Jax would be very easy for them to do at this point, and I hope it becomes a reality, I'd love to have a set of these guys!

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 02:24 AM
I think the easiest and most likely figure would be Carnor Jax in Armor.

Potentially we could see his Female aquantence from the series.

Really lame copout would be the Black Stormtrooper already released

They ar touting these two figures as #s 2 and 3 in the EU line...so I am thinking it could not be a re-pack of the Shadow Stormtrooper.

I am glad to get a new Star Wars figure...ANY new Star Wars figure...but honestly...I have always hated the helmets these guys wear.

Banthaholic
08-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Carded pic up at EE
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87264#LargeImage

Looks pretty tough

JediTricks
08-24-2006, 04:58 PM
At first glance I got too much of an SOTE vibe (the '96 SOTE figure 2packs), but with a pack-in full-size comic what are you really going to be able to do anyway?

DarkArtist
08-27-2006, 12:54 PM
I can't wait till this arrives. I have already began construction on a Squall Playset and have my five Shadow Troopers. Just need one more for Jax's Squad. I also have two custom figures of Mirth Sinn and Sedete for the display.

Slicker
08-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I put in for my pre-order of this pice of carp. That's completism for ya...

Darth Jax
08-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I put in for my pre-order of this pice of carp. That's completism for ya...

way to stand tough on the EU stuff slick. just too hard to resist that urge to pick up anything and everything with star wars on it?

Slicker
08-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I know I know. I'm a disappointment to you all but that's how it goes. I like Star Wars above all so I've gotta do it.

Reefer Shark
08-27-2006, 01:31 PM
C'mon.... you know you like it. Come out of the closet, embrace the EU. There's no shame in it. lol lol

Darth Jax
08-27-2006, 02:07 PM
i'd prefer they give us good sculpts of the characters from the films first, but i don't mind if they mix a little EU in. too much of it and we'll end up with tiger force rebels and ninja battle stormtroopers and no one wants to see that.

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Good, good. I can feel the completism flowing through you. Take your Kir Kanos figure, strike down your Carnor Jax. Soon you will be reading Legacy.

Slicker
08-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Soon you will be reading Legacy.No. That's not true. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Slicker
10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I got my 2 pack in the mail over the weekend. It's pretty sweet lookin'...with the exception of the big ol' crease in the corner.:mad:

If anyone has an opener in good shape I'll gladly pay shipping for it if they'd trade me.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2006, 04:37 PM
I got my 2 pack in the mail over the weekend. It's pretty sweet lookin'...with the exception of the big ol' crease in the corner.:mad:

If anyone has an opener in good shape I'll gladly pay shipping for it if they'd trade me.:thumbsup:
If it's in the packaging then why does it matter anyway if you're opening it? Or is it in the comic and I'm looking like a total dumbass?

Slicker
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
That totally came out wrong.

I'm a MOC individual and mine is creased so if someone ordered one that they plan on opening anyways and it's in good condition then I'd pay for the cross shipping to get a good looking one. If not then I think I can live with it.

JediTricks
10-16-2006, 06:20 PM

Didja get it from EE? Because they have a mint-condition guarantee, they'll replace it: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/help/faq.asp?category=Mint+Condition+Guarantee

pbarnard
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM

I should be getting my EE ordered pack later this week, and I will open them...

Slicker
10-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Didja get it from EE? Because they have a mint-condition guarantee, they'll replace it: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/help/faq.asp?category=Mint+Condition+Guarantee

Hmmm...I didn't know that. I did get it from EE so I may have to take advantage of this.

Thanks for the heads up JT.

Blue2th
10-17-2006, 07:25 AM
I got my notice yesterday from Star Wars Shop that it's shipped. The only reason I didn't order from EE is that I thought I would get it sooner, because the last time when I ordered Wedge, he was 2 weeks later from EE than Star Wars Shop. I ordered two. I hope one is MOMC and not damaged. The other one I'm opening. Can't wait to read the comic. Don't know much about the EU except for the Thrawn trilogy.

dindae
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Can't wait to read the comic. Don't know much about the EU except for the Thrawn trilogy.

The comic is #6 of 6. You get to see the final conflict staring the two figures you have just got, but you don't know that much about why they are fight except what they elude to during the fight. It's a decent story and worth picking up the trade paperback.

JediTricks
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Hmmm...I didn't know that. I did get it from EE so I may have to take advantage of this.

Thanks for the heads up JT.Sure thing, good luck & let us know how it goes if you do it.

Tycho
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
The comic is #6 of 6. You get to see the final conflict staring the two figures you have just got, but you don't know that much about why they are fight except what they elude to during the fight. It's a decent story and worth picking up the trade paperback.

Was this a good idea? Packing a single-issue comic (#6 of 6) at that? Or should they have packed the entire Trade Paperback story and maybe made the pack cost $29.99 (which would still be a $10+ discount on a trade paperback)?

I know the target price, but I wonder how Blue2th will react when reading the end of a story first?

dindae
10-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Was this a good idea? Packing a single-issue comic (#6 of 6) at that? Or should they have packed the entire Trade Paperback story and maybe made the pack cost $29.99 (which would still be a $10+ discount on a trade paperback)?

I know the target price, but I wonder how Blue2th will react when reading the end of a story first?

Well I think for Hasbro/Darkhorse it is a win.

For people who have already read the comic and want to buy the figures because of it they don't have pay the $30.

Win Hasbro
Darkhorse still gets one comic sale unless they are giving them as a promo to reel in more customers
Win customer.

For people who think its a cool set and are reading the comic for the first time they have to buy the trade to get the whole story.

Win Hasbro
Win Darkhorse
Customer is hard to say. Some could care less some, some will feel cheated, some will feel the comic is just a way to jack up the price on already overpriced figures that aren't worth more than $5, etc.

I thought it was a great set but I have the trade. I don't think the number of people who will be upset at the fact that they only got the tale end of the story will outnumber the number of people who wouldn't buy it if it was $10 more to add the full trade.

El Chuxter
10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, to get the whole story, won't they need to buy Crimson Empire, Crimson Empire II, the Bounty Hunters anthology trade, and maybe even Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End?

Major win Dark Horse.

Darth Jax
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM
like chux said, the full story involves more than just the 6 part crimson empire comic. EE was offering the figs as a set along with the crimson empire TPB and 2 bust-ups.

decadentdave
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
These two clowns are like the Tomax and Xamot of Star Wars. When's Darth Destro gonna show up?

Darth Jax
10-18-2006, 07:50 PM
These two clowns are like the Tomax and Xamot of Star Wars. When's Darth Destro gonna show up?

actually tag and bink are the clown princes of star wars. and darth gi joe will be seen on store shelves next year.

Blue2th
10-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Is ok. Kinda like seeing the OTC before the Prequels. I'll just treat it as one of my frequent flashbacks.:ninja:

El Chuxter
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
actually tag and bink are the clown princes of star wars. and darth gi joe will be seen on store shelves next year.

I thought that was Darth Cobra Commander?

DarkArtist
10-29-2006, 07:06 PM
just got mine on Friday, took long enough, pre-ordered it back in July. Hasbrotoyshop is horrible. still the figures are great, now all i need is a few mnore shadow troopers and a custom squall.