PDA

View Full Version : Is Cody Still Shipping???

Scackmgack
05-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I've been moving into a new condo over the past five weeks, so getting up for a.m. toy runs on Saturday mornings hasn't even been on a list of potential choices. I pass through the toy aisle when my wife and I head to Target for something we need, and I never find anything I am looking for, just pegwarmers.

I stopped into Wal-Mart on a whim this evening, and they had Foul Modana, but I passed on him as I couldn't stand to wait in the regular check-out lines and the apes in the self check-out lines were having trouble figuring out the very, very complicated process of checking themselves out and paying for their goods.

I had actually starting the process of putting together a Warhammer 40,000 army a few weeks before the move began, and was considering abandoning Star Wars collecting altogther in lieu of WH40K as I can walk into any Games Workshop store and get whatever I am looking for whenever I want it, unlike Star Wars collecting.

Now, I have four Utapau clones and would very much like a Commander Cody to go with them, but I refuse to purchase one off of EBay and internet stores are a ripoff when you include shipping.

So, if I am not going on those a.m. toy runs to beat the scalpers to them, am I ever going to see a Cody, or is this going to be my last straw?

jjreason
05-27-2006, 11:15 PM
A quick check of Entertainment Earth's upcoming case breakdowns will show you that Cody is shipping in a good number of cases before now and the end of the year (mind you, the assortments are subject to change).

The problem with him is that he's been "one per case" so far - and I'm not sure if any cases are planned with more than one. He might very well stay hard to find.

Consider ordering him along with a few other figures, it helps mitigate the shipping costs (that's what I have to do up here in Canada when I can't find what I want, or we simply don't get it).

tagmac
05-29-2006, 09:57 PM
The worst part of this is that Cody really isn't an army-builder type of figure, like Bly and Gree (who were actually pretty easy to find by comparison. This screams more of scalpers and hoarders playing on the whole "we want Cody" craze from last year more than anything else.

Scackmgack
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I actually found one today! Random trip to Target with the wife. The ink on the visor will need touching up, but a small price to pay for finally having one.

Turbowars
05-30-2006, 12:13 AM
You can't just go with EE case assortments. Most of the time you can with Target, but WM gets some strange cases with displays and the assortments are way out there. The one figure that SHOULD NOT be in future cases is Dofine and he is. Is just doesn't make sense.

Kill Solo
05-30-2006, 10:06 AM
I saw like 20 of these yesterday due to the Mos Eisley revision cases. Good things happen when folks are patient, and I don't feel bad for those suckers who overpaid for Cody on the bay.

Slicker
05-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Here's something for the completists out there.

The figures that are being repacked in these revision waves (i.e. Cody) will now come with a red holo instead of the normal blue one so that means that you guys will now have to get 6 MORE Cmdr. Cody figures because he's gonna come with red holos now.

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
You can't just go with EE case assortments. Most of the time you can with Target, but WM gets some strange cases with displays and the assortments are way out there. The one figure that SHOULD NOT be in future cases is Dofine and he is. Is just doesn't make sense.
I was reading the EE catalog today and noticed Dofine and was questioning that choice. Looks like Vader will continue to be added to the pegs as well.

I'm glad to see Cody continue to ship. I found him, but he's too darn cool for others not to have.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2006, 04:59 AM
I am glad we will be seeing more of cody but I think it is an unfortunate time to include him with the first red holo wave. Even if not everybody wants another one just because of the holo, probably enough will so he will still be the first to go in the new assortments. I bet the cantina guys, han, and luke will sit longer in the coming months, but Cody will still get snagged pretty early.
Let's hope we all hit that one jackpot good timing moment!
Me needy Cody!:yes:

Samuel Windu
05-31-2006, 01:17 PM
You will find him again in the next wave - Battle of Endor.Unfortunately,still one per case:mad:

Darth Jax
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
be patient and you'll find him. i've gotten a blue and red holo version, and seen others but left them on the shelves cause i only need the one.

SplFrcsCWO
06-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Speaking of Utapau clones... I noticed there are 2 types of clones fighting with Cody. Are the others Arc troopers? BTW I finally found my Cody last weekend at Target.

waboritas
06-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Picked one up at KB today. They are running a buy 2 get one free. At $6.99 each this gets the price down to just under $5/figure. Have no idea why, but I have had the best luck getting what I want at KB over the last year.

Dominic Guglieme
06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I saw a Cody (purchased it for a friend with the same name) about 2 weeks back at Target. I like the figure, but have not yet purchased one. It is not bad, but it ain't great neither. (The legs bug me.)

KB in my area has nothing.

The other trooper (with a Predator looking helmet) with Cody is listed as an airborne trooper in the Mace's Marauders pack.