PDA

View Full Version : Superman, Batman & other DC Figures

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
well slap my a-- and call me Charlie: I spotted a psuedo new wave of SUPERMAN DC Superheroes! New packaging and such and all they had Superman/Bizarro..yipee. But, the new wave does include Steel and Parasite. Start hunting, kids! :crazed:

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
I saw some of these today. Looks like a more "Silver Age" paint job on Supergirl, but I saw no difference on Superman and Bizarro. And WTF is with the orange Doomsday?

Hopefully I'll find Parasite and John Henry soon. The way Mattel keeps re-releasing not only the main character, but a lot of the minor ones (especially Supergirl... WTF?), I give this line one more wave. If that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Chux- have you seen this orange Doomsday in person? I figured it was just a light effect on the back of the box versus an actual orange figure. Hell, i'm just happy you saw another figure besides Superman; all I saw were the two versions of supes and Bizarro. I'm thinking that Steel, and Parasite are probably going to be short packed. bah. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I saw him, and he looks like poop. :dead:

LTBasker
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
If you want to see Doomsday, just search ebay. It's too horrid to link people to, I won't be responsible for that. >_<

I dub thee...Lava Reflection Doomsday.

JetsAndHeels
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
That Steel figure looks like its the best of the series, with Parasite coming in 2nd.

I can't figure out why anyone would want an orange doomsday.

I may end up getting the Supergirl..I like the look of the figure.

RooJay
02-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Dammit! I still haven't found Darkseid.

I thought the Supergirl in this wave was supposed to be a new sculpt (of the most recent Supergirl.) Is she not? I passed on the first one because I would much prefer the more traditional costume.

On a side note, anyone else hoping they'll surprise us with this line at Toy Fair and actually add some new characters? I'm dying to have a Four Horsemen designed Green Lantern (the John Stewart version would be cool as well), Hawkman, Flash, Captain Marvel, and Nightwing (although as a Bat character, he's probably already a lock for this line.) Not holding my breath, but I still pray about it every night.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
It may be the current Supergirl. The colors are more vivid, so I assumed Silver Age. Never been a fan of the little dummy, though in the animated universe, they made her almost not suck.

I can't figure out Doomsday. Is it supposed to be "scene specific" from the Superman/Doomsday mini-series, right as he's thrown to the end of time or whatever?

RooJay
02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
It's scene-specific from the Mattel boardroom meeting where they decided to milk that terrible, out-of-scale mold for all it's worth. Just be glad it's not Night Ninja Doomsday or Pirateship Adventure Doomsday.

figrin bran
02-01-2007, 01:03 AM
i don't really collect DCSH but i don't think i'll be able to resist that Steel when i see it on the shelves.

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
well slap my a-- and call me Charlie: I spotted a psuedo new wave of SUPERMAN DC Superheroes! New packaging and such and all they had Superman/Bizarro..yipee. But, the new wave does include Steel and Parasite. Start hunting, kids! :crazed:Wow, interesting find, I hadn't heard about these. Steel looks good all around. Parasite is a toughy because he's a crappy-looking villain in general, very plain and generic, but makes for a decent opponent for Supes.

I fear Chux is right and Mattel is driving this line into the ground fast with all these re-releases in place of new figures.

Red Doomsday looks particularly awful! Mattel is proving they are not even worthy of being called pretenders to Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line.

Lava-reflection Doomsday, awesome call Basker! :D

On a side note, anyone else hoping they'll surprise us with this line at Toy Fair and actually add some new characters? I'm dying to have a Four Horsemen designed Green Lantern (the John Stewart version would be cool as well), Hawkman, Flash, Captain Marvel, and Nightwing (although as a Bat character, he's probably already a lock for this line.) Not holding my breath, but I still pray about it every night.:thumbsup:I'm surprised they haven't revisited that underwhelming Nightwing from the progenitor to this line, the Batman 2pack version. As for new characters, don't count on it, Mattel confirmed early on that with DC farming out so many of the characters to various studios and projects, crossovers in this toy line are going to be almost non-existant, it's basically to be the Batman/Superman hour.

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Doomsday is (I think) twelve feet tall?

I keep thinking about this funny Doomsday, and keep coming back to the same single panel. There are only two Doomsday stories I regard as worthwhile, the first two. He's been brought back a few times since, but his being revealed to be superintelligent, and then actually working with Superman are just totally and unspeakably wrong.

After Superman returns to life and throws Doomsday's corpse into space, it's revealed to still be alive. It comes back a year or so later, and Superman learns he's actually the more-or-less immortal result of an early Kryptonian genetic experiment. He defeats him by somehow (and I forget the exact details) trapping him in a time loop that keeps repeating the last second the universe is in existence. I think in that one final panel, we might see him highlighted by an orange glow.

Doomsday first shows up in a containment suit, which is actually the Doomsday resculpt I'd prefer.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2007, 12:00 PM
The best Doomsday you can get is the DC Direct version from the Superman line that was released about 4 years ago. I was lucky enough to get that full set...the Doomsday is great because its actually tall and to scale. The dc heroes version (not this orange one, the one from before) is ok but its small and the same height as superman.

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Something odd here... I actually made that last post after JetsAndHeels....

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2007, 12:39 PM

We have a board malfunction. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Was going to call plethora of Wally Worlds today, but one was all it took: they had one of Steel and parasite and were great enough to hold them for me.

Parasite is a pretty decent sculpt and he doesn't come with any accesories at all. But, he IS a villian in a DC Superheroes line and how often do we see these?!!?

Steel is very awesome. The sculpt is pretty solid and he does come with his John Henry (thanks to the Boss's rendition of "John Henry" I'm now thinking of that song) hammer to put that down that train line- i mean, fight evil.

I headed back to the aisle to see if there were any extras and sadly, none, just a few of Superman. Go figure. :crazed: HH!

JediTricks
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM

We have a board malfunction. :)That's a weird one! How long after? They're both timestamped at 10am on the nose, is that possible? This is what you were talking about in the Comments/Problems forum, you linked to the post individually so I didn't see it in context.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I flew around the world and changed the orbit of earth. It happens sometimes on message boards I post on. :)

Staying on topic, glad to see you found Steel and Parasite JMG. I look forward to finding these sometime in the year 2015 and adding them to my collection.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I flew around the world and changed the orbit of earth. It happens sometimes on message boards I post on. :)

Staying on topic, glad to see you found Steel and Parasite JMG. I look forward to finding these sometime in the year 2015 and adding them to my collection.

hehehehe I was lookin' for extras for ya, J&H! I figured going in tradition of our lost transaction, you'd have them, oh, say, by at least, Christmas....of 08. ;) I'll be doing more hunting tomorrow; i'll keep my eyes peeled. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
hehehehe I was lookin' for extras for ya, J&H! I figured going in tradition of our lost transaction, you'd have them, oh, say, by at least, Christmas....of 08. ;) I'll be doing more hunting tomorrow; i'll keep my eyes peeled. :thumbsup:

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Hopefully I can rake these 2 figures in before the Superman Returns sequel figures hit shelves. :)

Ji'dai
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
There's two versions of Superman in this latest series? I saw one with the red "S" on a black field and then another with the traditional red "S" on yellow. I also spotted Doomsday and Supergirl but Steel and Parasite were gone.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-05-2007, 11:13 PM
There's two versions of Superman in this latest series? I saw one with the red "S" on a black field and then another with the traditional red "S" on yellow. I also spotted Doomsday and Supergirl but Steel and Parasite were gone.

No, those were the "variants" of the last Superman wave. I found the red S supes a while back. The key is to look for the new packaging to see if they're new releases or not. They are probably rehasing them though, although I can't remember

Michael Crawford has a very positive review up of Steel and Parasite.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020507a.htm Enjoy & HH! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
02-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Well today I saw the "Lava Reflection" Doomsday for the first time face-to-face. Its even worse in person...I just want to know why anyone in the world would want that figure....it should be an even bigger pegwarmer than the Supes and Bizarro figs.

Still haven't spotted Parasite or Steel yet, I am on the hunt daily though. :)

Jayspawn
02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
In my Superman dreamwave, I'd want a REALLY hard to get figure of Ben Affleck as George Reeves from Hollywoodland.

RooJay
02-08-2007, 02:15 AM
No, those were the "variants" of the last Superman wave. I found the red S supes a while back. The key is to look for the new packaging to see if they're new releases or not. They are probably rehasing them though, although I can't remember

Michael Crawford has a very positive review up of Steel and Parasite.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020507a.htm Enjoy & HH! :thumbsup:

Those variants from the last wave are also shipping with the new assortment in the new packaging.

RooJay
02-10-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm surprised they haven't revisited that underwhelming Nightwing from the progenitor to this line, the Batman 2pack version. As for new characters, don't count on it, Mattel confirmed early on that with DC farming out so many of the characters to various studios and projects, crossovers in this toy line are going to be almost non-existant, it's basically to be the Batman/Superman hour.

I didn't really want to say anything at first even though that statement sounded totally opposite of everything I know to be true (please understand that I mean absolutely no offense here JT) as Warner Brothers and DC are still keeping everything pretty much in house. The one exception being Captain Marvel who was briefly licensed to New Line, although I'm betting the rights may be reverting back very shortly here. The continued expansion of the Justice League Unlimited Line as well as the announcement of this new line: http://photos.superherotimes.com/showgallery.php?cat=1467 kind of confirm that. As I see it, there really is no excuse for Mattel not expanding this line to include other characters even though the lack of said characters being shown at Toy Fair kind of negates expectations.
While the Battle League line doesn't interest me in the least I still think it's pretty cool that Mattel is doing all those characters in some form, and that they all look like Four Horsemen sculpts. Maybe there's still hope of seeing some of these guys make the DC Heroes line before it dies off like every other line that's concentrated only on Batman and Superman.

JediTricks
02-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Some toy lines are less of a licensing worry to DC than others, main action figures are a big worry, especially the realistic ones because of movies and stuff.

figrin bran
02-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Some toy lines are less of a licensing worry to DC than others, main action figures are a big worry, especially the realistic ones because of movies and stuff.

that's understandable but unless there's some Green Lantern script floating about out there, how can Hal Jordan appear in the attacktix line but not DCSH realistic or animated?

DC Direct's animated figures for the Superman Doomsday cartoon are looking pretty good

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 01:10 AM
There is a GL script out there I believe. It can be in Attacktix because DC isn't in the habit of handing any 1 company a master license, they may give "action figures" to one company and then "building figures" to another and "collectible game figures" to a third. Or like with the DCSH vs JLU lines, animated GL is no problem but realistic is because they don't want to jinx any possible future realistic movie GL lines. It's kinda dumb. But with Teen Titans, they had Robin so The Batman couldn't, so it does make sense. Even within the same company, once The Batman production started ramping up, DC wouldn't allow Mattel to put out Joker figures in the JLU line.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2007, 08:52 AM
http://photos.superherotimes.com/showgallery.php?cat=1431

Pics of a few new DC Superheroes such as Man Bat, Kal-El, and Mongul. Also pics of the older figures too.

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Gah! I am sick to death of Man-bat figures! Man-bat is among Batman's worst villain but they pump figures of him out and collectors can't seem to get enough.

Kal-el is not a challenging figure, they took the current Superman body and gave it a new head and shiny paintjob.

The sculpting and paint on Mongul looks good, but I don't give a crap about the character.

El Chuxter
02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Shut up, man. Anyone without love for Man-Bat should be forced to watch the entire run of Aqua Teen Hunger Force in one sitting. (Those of us who love Man-Bat would see such a viewing as a treat.)

LTBasker
02-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Well if Manbat is not of your palette, maybe you would prefer something more Earthy...

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=31

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Well if Manbat is not of your palette, maybe you would prefer something more Earthy...

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=31

Nice linkage! He looks pretty fantastic!! :thumbsup:

LTBasker
02-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Also, two more Supermen that were only pictured on the Mongul wave packaging there, a black suit Superman and a Cyborg Superman.

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=34

El Chuxter
02-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Cyborg! Sweet!!!

Wonder if he'll come with a base of the ashes of Coast City and a crying Hal Jordan?

Seriously, though, hopefully there will be a red variant of this one. I'm not a big variant fan, but since he was red when he returned from seeming destruction, it makes sense. Unlike "Lava Reflection Doomsday."

Black Costume Superman is a bit of a mystery. Does anyone know what that's from? My first thought was the suit he wore when he first came back from the dead, but the picture is as different as a costume can be from that one and still be black and silver.

JetsAndHeels
02-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I love the look of that Mongul. Absolutely cannot wait to get this.

The Cyborg and Black Suit Superman figures rock too, just hope its not 10 years before I spot them in the stores here. :(

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Shut up, man. Anyone without love for Man-Bat should be forced to watch the entire run of Aqua Teen Hunger Force in one sitting. (Those of us who love Man-Bat would see such a viewing as a treat.)Eat toe cheese. Man-Bat is a lame b-grade horror film character that works best as a toy because he's such a thin villain in the comics but has a crazy look.

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=31That's what I'm talking about! Granted, it *should* be easy to make an awesome Clayface like that, yet this is one really steps it up a notch as well.

Also, two more Supermen that were only pictured on the Mongul wave packaging there, a black suit Superman and a Cyborg Superman.

http://actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2007/?p=34Cyborg Supes looks cool, that one's gonna be a buy.

Black Costume Superman is a bit of a mystery. Does anyone know what that's from? My first thought was the suit he wore when he first came back from the dead, but the picture is as different as a costume can be from that one and still be black and silver.Yeah, I had the same thought, and you're right, different type of black outfit, plus when he came back from the dead Supes had long hair.

figrin bran
02-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I saw lava reflection Doomsday at WM today and all i can say is wow, what a craptastic pegwarmer. perhaps it'll be the Scarecrow of 07

RooJay
02-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Black costume Superman is from the Emperor Joker storyline form a couple years back. Joker won a bet with Mr. Mxyzptlk for which he received the latter's powers. Using said powers, Joker created his own twisted version of the world where Bizarro was the hero and Superman a murderous villain who would break out of his cell in Arkham Asylum regularly to wreak havok until he realized what had happened to him. Pretty cool story that makes for a more sensible Superman variant than a lot we've had in the past.

...and for the record, that Green Lantern script has been in development with Warner Brothers just like every other DC Comics character (Captain Marvel at New Line being the only exception. Also, movie toy licenses tend to be sold and held seperately from the comics licenses. Which is why companies like Hasbro will often have seperate toy lines for the comics, the cartoons and the movies such as with Batman. Robin was kept out of The Batman for a time in order to avoid confusion for the child audience who were already watching a rather different version of the character on Teen Titans. The Joker moratorium was imposed on Justice League and it's toy line in order to give the character as seen on The Batman a chance for exposure.

figrin bran
02-18-2007, 12:16 AM
...and for the record, that Green Lantern script has been in development with Warner Brothers just like every other DC Comics character (Captain Marvel at New Line being the only exception. Also, movie toy licenses tend to be sold and held seperately from the comics licenses. Which is why companies like Hasbro will often have seperate toy lines for the comics, the cartoons and the movies such as with Batman. Robin was kept out of The Batman for a time in order to avoid confusion for the child audience who were already watching a rather different version of the character on Teen Titans. The Joker moratorium was imposed on Justice League and it's toy line in order to give the character as seen on The Batman a chance for exposure.

The Joker moratorium has been lifted, apparently, as there was a JLU figure of him shown at toyfair

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Probably because "The Batman" is tanking hard.

Thanks for the black-suit Supes 411, I guess an evil Supes might make a decent villain for good Supes. :p I have a few large Spawn figures currently slated to go toe-to-toe with Supes right now, Creech 1 (although sadly I lost his damn wrist guns) is my current fav.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Probably because "The Batman" is tanking hard.

You mean the toys, not the show right? I like the cartoon, I think its very good and I like the animation style.

The basic figures sell pretty good around here, but alot of those new Shadowtech figures are hanging around alot for some reason.

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I have to admit, I saw a newer episode of The Batman, which appeared to feature a very different version of the Clock King, and it was like night and day compared to the season 1 episodes.

Still not Timm & Dini's Batman: The Animated Series by a long, long shot, but it was at least watchable.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2007, 08:45 PM
I have to admit, I saw a newer episode of The Batman, which appeared to feature a very different version of the Clock King, and it was like night and day compared to the season 1 episodes.

Yeah, that one was on last week here. I thought it was good..guy was going to bomb the city at the New Year's Celebration.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
You mean the toys, not the show right? I like the cartoon, I think its very good and I like the animation style.

The basic figures sell pretty good around here, but alot of those new Shadowtech figures are hanging around alot for some reason.
Both the show and the toys.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I know you're a Batman fan JT...do you like the show?

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I watch the show hoping it'll get better, but it never fails to disappoint and the addition of Batgirl and Robin has only served to further hamper it. Part of the problem is the very premise is inconsistent with who Batman is, especially when he's starting out, he's not some gadget-junky and he's not some wimpy-sounding guy putting on airs (I really hate Rino Romano in the title role, he's all wrong). Another major failure is that the villains and situations just aren't compelling generally, and any time they actually get something interesting started the batkids come by and ruin it.

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
They totally screwed up Penguin beyond any sort of recognition. And what's with his two geisha/kunoichi girls in spandex? :confused:

JediTricks
02-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Basically, Penguin is an unthreatening character so they had to punch him up with something more Jackie Chan Adventures-esque (both shows are the same director). It's pretty awful.

I found the DC Superheroes Batman/Batgirl 2pack at Target yesterday and picked it up, I figured I already have the S3 Batman but it couldn't hurt to have another. Batgirl's a good entry in the line, good range of motion, good sculpt, nothing too crazy, paint's good, it works nicely. The left shoulder joint is loose on mine, but oh well; the mid-torso hinge is less favorable with a minimal range of motion, but not a deal-killer. Cape is still plastic, similar to S3 Batman's. Can't go too wrong with non-Cassandra Batgirl.

El Chuxter
02-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Unless it's Barbara Batgirl.

Worst Batman character ever. Yup, a million times worse than Calendar Man or any of the TV-only villains.

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 05:20 AM
How extreme a fanboy must one be to claim Barbara Gordon/Batgirl is somehow worse than King Tut, Roddy McDowell as The Bookworm, Zsa Zsa Gabor as Minerva, Vincent Price as Egghead, or Liberace as ANYTHING to do with the bat-verse?

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Louie the Lilac could kick her butt. :p

The show had some insanely dumb ideas, but the daughter of the police commissioner deciding she wants to play dress up and ending up being an accomplice to the real superheroes is dumber. And it wasn't even unique to the show. :(

BTW, Egghead isn't technically "TV only" anymore. He appeared in Arkham in an early issue of Shadow of the Bat just over ten years ago. Curiously, though, there's no other appearance, including him being thrown in there. But SOTB was by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, possibly the best Bat-team in history, so I ain't questioning it.

LTBasker
02-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Heads-up guys, more new Superman figures to look for already. :nerv:

http://www.fwooshnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36855

Mongul, Kal-El (blue/red Supes with sweatin to the 80's headband), Bizarro (black/purple with Bizarro #1 chain) and black Darkseid.

Packaged pics of'em on ebay-

Mongul (http://cgi.ebay.com/dc-superheroes-dc-direct-marvel-legends-MONGUL-rare_W0QQitemZ270092194120QQihZ017QQcategoryZ348QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Kal-El (http://cgi.ebay.com/dc-superheroes-dc-direct-marvel-legends-KAL-EL-SUPERMAN_W0QQitemZ270092194741QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3 48QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Bizarro (http://cgi.ebay.com/dc-superheroes-dc-direct-marvel-legends-bizarro-new_W0QQitemZ270092195598QQihZ017QQcategoryZ348QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Darkseid (http://cgi.ebay.com/dc-superheroes-dc-direct-marvel-legends-darkseid-black_W0QQitemZ270092196303QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6015 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

And on the last page of that Fwoosh thread someone mentioned finding the Kal-El on the card for the Steel/Parasite wave so it's possible the others exist on that too. :crazed:

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Darkseid doesn't look different enough, but the "Bizarro #1" chain might make that repaint worth getting.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2007, 04:54 PM
I think I will get them all.

JetsAndHeels
02-24-2007, 09:32 AM
A buddy of mine called about an hour ago from a Walmart in his town...he found the Mongul figure for me and picked it up.

I can't wait to get it, it looks very nice in the pics!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-24-2007, 10:30 AM
No sign of them around here. I also called around back home and no dice. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. and J&H, you should too as you owe a brutha for hooking you up. hehehehehehe :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
02-24-2007, 11:28 AM
and J&H, you should too as you owe a brutha for hooking you up. hehehehehehe :thumbsup:

I'm always on the lookout, no worries.

BountyHunterScum
02-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I think I've seen these in stores recently.

El Chuxter
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I was talking with a buddy yesterday who collects SW, ML, and a few other lines, and he said he saw some new Superman figures at WM, Mongol or something like that.

My jaw hit the floor. That was one of the few figures I hadn't alerted him to look for for me. :(

LTBasker
02-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I saw the leftovers of the Mongul wave, 3x Supermen with the kryptonian sweatband and 2x Supergirl with black s-shield. >_<

They still had all 3 lava reflection Doomsdays left from a few weeks back. :p

Rocketboy
03-08-2007, 12:06 PM
DC Super Friends (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0703/07/superfriends.htm)
They seem pretty decent. Reminds me a lot of the Spider-man and Star Wars Jedi Force lines too.

El Chuxter
03-08-2007, 12:18 PM
So, a Batman, but no villains? Where's Louie the Lilac, King Tut, Bookworm, Marsha Queen of Diamonds, Egghead, Chandell's Twin Brother Harry, Puzzler... even one of those lame villains like Joker, Penguin, Bane, Two-Face.

This is a scam.

THIS I COMMAND!!

JediTricks
03-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I saw them last week, that Batmobile cracked me up, it's like it's smiling. But it's also a 2-seater, most toy Batmobiles can't do that. I like this line, they're not too happy-friendly the way Spider-Man & Friends line is, it makes them more able for kids to project their play moods into them.

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey I am definately going to get the Superman figs and the Lex Luthors. I like the look of these..

and the Mongul DC Superheroes figure totally rocks, I caved and opened it today.

kool-aid killer
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Finally found Darkseid and Mongul. I debated picking Darkseid up for myself, and Mongul to see if anyone here needed him, but i decided against it. They look nice though, i hope i dont regret passing them up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
FINALLY found Mongul today at wal-mart. Very impressed by this figure as he's pretty huge and bada--. I was also able to cancel my preorder for him, so score one for me! :thumbsup:

And i'm kinda worried about Cyborg Superman and Black Suited Supes as they're both one a case and from what i've read, a huge pain in the arse to find/track down. Sweet. :upset:

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2007, 10:27 PM
FINALLY found Mongul today at wal-mart. Very impressed by this figure as he's pretty huge and bada--. I was also able to cancel my preorder for him, so score one for me! :thumbsup:

Congrats on finding Mongul. I had to open mine after a few days, its such a nice figure so I couldn't resist.

And i'm kinda worried about Cyborg Superman and Black Suited Supes as they're both one a case and from what i've read, a huge pain in the arse to find/track down. Sweet. :upset:

Yeah and I never see any figures other than Superman/Bizarro around here anyway. I guess I will have to rely on my friend who scored the Mongul for me.

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I found the second series Darkseid today at WM. They also had Kal El and Bizarro but I passed. This new Darkseid is nice..looks cool next to the first series one I have.

figrin bran
03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
i saw Kal-El at WM...i guess someone got Darkseid first.

El Chuxter
03-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Picked up Parasite today. Of my "picking and choosing" collection, I believe I only need Steel.

JediTricks
03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
I saw Kal-El at WM yesterday, passed, made me sad to know I missed some better figures. And I'm getting really sick of seeing Bizarro everywhere.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I have decided after hitting 10 WM's today and seeing nothing but Bizarro, superman variants and a parasite here and there, that I will NEVER see Black Suit Superman at retail and thus, am going to resort to e-bay.

And most online places aren't offering to sell just him as they don't want to get stuck with overstock on supes, so they're just doing it by the cases. And I do have reciepts for some for a few of the extra figures i've purchased at retail and I could return them with those, but that would leave me an extra Superman and Bizarro, I think. I'm just happy I pre-ordered the Two-Face figure that is supposedly due out this year. But yeah, ebay for black suited supes. Damn you Mattel, damn you to hell. :tired:

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I keep looking at the pegs, but I can feel it, Mattel's ruined this line yet again and I'm out.

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I still hold hope..I will keep searching for the Black Suit Supes, and then Cyborg Supes..like JMG said if I do not locate these I will get them from ebay. I can't not have them.

figrin bran
04-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Don't worry, if i find Black Suit Supes and Cyborg Supes, i'll pick them up for you guys.

JetsAndHeels
04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't worry, if i find Black Suit Supes and Cyborg Supes, i'll pick them up for you guys.

and you have the best chance to find it since you live out west

JetsAndHeels
05-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I finally found black suit Supes last night at WalMart.
Now time to focus on finding Cyborg Supes whenever it starts hitting stores.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I finally found black suit Supes last night at WalMart.
Now time to focus on finding Cyborg Supes whenever it starts hitting stores.

dammit! I've had no luck! bah!

Still, AWESOME dude! Good for you! Keep your eyes peeled for an extra for moi.......lol I laughed at the mere thought of finding two of those at retail. hehehe :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Still, AWESOME dude! Good for you! Keep your eyes peeled for an extra for moi.......lol I laughed at the mere thought of finding two of those at retail. hehehe :thumbsup:

I always check for you. I will let you know if I do find something...just the fact that this one was near me is a breakthrough though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-05-2007, 11:26 PM
I always check for you. I will let you know if I do find something...just the fact that this one was near me is a breakthrough though.

Thanks, I appreciate it!! I'm done with grad school until fall, but i'm taking a few weeks off before I go back to the mart of wal. I don't go home until next week and then I can hunt a bit before I start back in late May. It'll be great working at WM though as I can sneak into toys and check on hands and inventory, not to mention back stock. If there are cases with Cyborg spidey due out in summer, i'll have that robot bastid in my hands for both of us, mark my words! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-06-2007, 12:09 AM
and you have the best chance to find it since you live out west

theoretically yes but i've only seen the new Darkseid once, Steell once and have never seen the Blue Supergirl.

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2007, 09:13 PM
If there are cases with Cyborg spidey due out in summer, i'll have that robot bastid in my hands for both of us, mark my words! :thumbsup:

Hehe, its easy to tell who is on your mind right now. :)
If you got a hold of a couple of those that would be great!!

plasticfetish
05-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen (or cares), but those DC two-packs w/ Batman & Batgirl, etc. are on clearance at Target now. I've held out, and scored the set with Batgirl for around $7 today. Not bad... gives you an extra Batman for a custom, or whatever. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
05-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Are there actually any Batman/Batgirl sets left, though? Those vanished here months ago. I may get a Clark set, since even the first round of clearance doesn't seem to get those things to move, and soon Target will pay us to take them.

plasticfetish
05-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, there is a world outside of "the southland." ;) And yes... my local Target had about 4 of them left. (I don't think they could pay me to take the Clark set.)

figrin bran
05-10-2007, 09:53 PM
i did see a few batman/batgirl sets a few weeks back but they've probably been bought up already

Rocketboy
05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I've seen a bunch of Bat sets recently

JetsAndHeels
05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I want some DC figures done in the "galactic heroes" style. Marvel has them now, Transformers will be having them....I wonder if DC plans on making any of these. I would love to see some.

figrin bran
05-12-2007, 11:15 PM
as a matter of fact J&H, Mattel is coming out with DC Superfriends which are their equivalent to galactic heroes and superheroes squad

hold on while i look for a link to some picshttp://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf2007/images/mattel/mattel002.jpg

they're even making vehicles

here's a batmobile

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf2007/images/mattel/mattel048.jpg

and here's a carded pic. apparently they'll be single carded unlike galactic heroes

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf2007/images/mattel/mattel033.jpg

JetsAndHeels
05-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I remember seeing these earlier....I definately want the Supes/Luthor figs.

Thanks for the links.

JediTricks
05-16-2007, 04:05 AM
These are big figures, like the Spider-Man & Friends figures, the Fisher Price Rescue Heroes, and Playskool's Jedi Force line. I don't think that makes them similar enough to the Galactic Heroes concept.

I found a lone DCSH Steel (chrome chest shield) at TRU the other day, a real shocker. The figure is nice, has the good articulation that this line enjoys, but I did feel that it could have used more detailing. It's too bad Mattel has choked the life out of this line yet again.

plasticfetish
05-16-2007, 11:29 PM
It's too bad Mattel has choked the life out of this line yet again.What are you getting at exactly when you say that JT? (Just curious really.)

-----

Found Mongul and black suit Superman the other day.

JetsAndHeels
05-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Found Mongul and black suit Superman the other day.

Those are both awesome finds...and awesome figures to boot.

plasticfetish
05-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Those are both awesome finds...and awesome figures to boot.Yeah, I was happy to find 'em both. Had almost given up, but then my local Target coughed up something new for once. Haven't opend them up yet, but maybe tonight...

El Chuxter
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I've not seen Black Superman yet, but I'm going to pass if I do. If they'd bothered to actually make it accurate, I'd get it. But this is some weird hodgepodge, kind of like the stupid Kal El figure.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
The black Superman figure is pretty cool, but not as good as the one DC Direct released a few years ago.
That one was just him in the black Kryptonian life suit with no cape.

RooJay
05-18-2007, 12:43 AM
The black Superman figure is pretty cool, but not as good as the one DC Direct released a few years ago.
That one was just him in the black Kryptonian life suit with no cape.

Different suit from a different storyline.

I've not seen Black Superman yet, but I'm going to pass if I do. If they'd bothered to actually make it accurate, I'd get it. But this is some weird hodgepodge, kind of like the stupid Kal El figure.

Actually, unless I'm way off base here and the memory is not what it should be this figure is perfectly accurate to the one which appeared in the 'Emperor Joker' story.

(best pic I could find online - )http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/2725/supermanvol21600wf.jpg

LTBasker
05-18-2007, 03:54 AM
I think it's supposed to combine both black suit versions and a little creativity because Mattel isn't allowed to do story-specific costumes. Only DC Direct can right now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-18-2007, 07:57 AM

Or, you could pick it up for me? That would work too. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 10:26 PM
What are you getting at exactly when you say that JT? (Just curious really.)Only that their mismanagement of the line has made it next to impossible to collect, interest in the main DCSH line (I don't count the JLU line as DCSH even though Mattel put that name on it) seems to be bottoming out due to horrible management decisions.

I spotted Mongul at WM yesterday, I didn't buy him though, I'm getting tired of Supes' villains as figures, they're not very exciting toys.

LTBasker
05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
A Batman wave was supposed to come out at the end of this month but has been pushed back until July AND it appears they've cancelled the Cassandra Batgirl that was supposed to be in it (it isn't clear if she's not being made at all or if she's just pushed to another wave).

The figures in the wave are Knight Shadow Batman (all black with a fully sealed mask like Cassandra's Batgirl mask), Two-Face and Camo Bane with Osito (series 1 Bane with camoflouge-painted pants).

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/features/DCSHBatman5.shtml

I've still yet to find Mongul or black suited Supes, they're the last two (well four, I need two of each) I need of the currently released DCSH figures.

I definitely agree about Mattel's (mis)management of this line, it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.

Two Wal-Marts here have already stopped carrying DCSH, the closest one that does hasn't been restocked in a month or two but they've only got six figures between three pegs. I assume they just haven't been getting anything in.

Ya know, I don't care if they want to pack 4 Supermans into a case, they seem to (eventually) sell. But packing only 1 of each of any other character? That's just ridiculous and they even seemed to realize that back when Croc and Freeze were going for $50+ each.

It's a shame too, the Four Horsemen are really nice guys and have been even answering questions on quite a few boards, yet they're rewared by Mattel by having their work settle on the razor's edge between production and cancellation.

JediTricks
05-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I forgot to mention, I found a lone Supes/Clark 2pack at Target last night for $3.48, and bought it after all the hemming and hawing. Clark is too skinny, the glasses don't seem to be removable, the limbs feel hollow and the ankle hinge is cheap. It's an ok set, great at this price, but I would have liked to see a removable shirt to have that Superman thing really going on.

Nice link Basker, thanks! Stupid Mattel pushing it back to July, they really suck. Two-Face looks pretty decent, I hope the head isn't looking that far up in the ones we get though. I don't want to like Knight Shadow Batman, but I can't help it, I do. Bane is such a dumb re-release it's almost painful, that thing pegwarmed hard when his outfit wasn't as dopey.

Did they ever release the Clayface seen on the cardback there? I don't remember it, but they've really screwed up this line so it's not impossible it got by me. If not, maybe they're holding Casandra back for a later wave with him.

I definitely agree about Mattel's (mis)management of this line, it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.That's exactly what happened on the line's predecessor, the Batman line.

I thought I heard the 4 Horsemen had quit the line.

RooJay
05-19-2007, 01:01 AM
it wasn't too bad at first but now that we've reached what seems to not just be a hiatus untilt he new wave, but a hiatus until any shipping at all... Well, that's just gonna kill it.

Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does. They're the Fox Broadcasting of the action figure world - they despise success and quality.

Boy is that Knight Shadow Batman ever cool, though!

LTBasker
05-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Clayface hasn't been released yet, this wave will actually be the first Batman characters in the DC Superheroes line since the Azrael wave. I think Clayface, Manbat and the grey/black Batman (repaint of series 3/knight shadow batman) will be in the same wave.

The Four Horsemen are actually sculpting all the DC Superheroes figures right now, which is why they're awesome. :D

plasticfetish
05-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does.Too true... which is why, with this line in particular, I'm not counting on anything. When something good turns up I'm happy. I never know if they'll just dump this thing like they did with He-Man. Mattel isn't very good at promoting their lines, or giving us any info on what's coming next.. never has been I suppose.

The Four Horsemen are actually sculpting all the DC Superheroes figures right now, which is why they're awesome. :DAgreed! :)

I'm not really a huge follower of the books that most of these have come from, but I like the characters (from what I know of them), and love the work that the Horsemen turn out. They're very nicely sculpted, reasonably well constructed, and at this point I'd say they're the best thing going for superhero toys.

-----

I'd found Steel (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2412) and Parasite (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2407) a while ago BTW, and think they're both great also.

JetsAndHeels
05-19-2007, 04:19 PM
I would love to see a line based on the Legion of Superheroes show. I want a young Supes figure and a Brainiac 5.

JediTricks
05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Meh, same deal with the He-Man relaunch (which if done right would still be ongoing to this day,) same deal with just about any cool figure lines Mattel ever does. They're the Fox Broadcasting of the action figure world - they despise success and quality.That is such an accurate point, too bad it's so true.

Clayface hasn't been released yet, this wave will actually be the first Batman characters in the DC Superheroes line since the Azrael wave. I think Clayface, Manbat and the grey/black Batman (repaint of series 3/knight shadow batman) will be in the same wave.Stupid Man-bat, I hate that guy. Good to know then.

The Four Horsemen are actually sculpting all the DC Superheroes figures right now, which is why they're awesome. :DGood, I had heard there was a falling out after Mattel put some non-4horsemen sculpts into the Batman version of the line (Supes and Nightwing).

I would love to see a line based on the Legion of Superheroes show. I want a young Supes figure and a Brainiac 5.Yeah, that would be cool. I suppose they're going to release animated ones based on the new cartoon, similar to the Teen Titans figures from a year ago but not quite as cartoony, yet I haven't heard word 1 yet. You wouldn't think Legion figures would be hard to license since they don't crossover with any other DC brand, but Mattel may not have the license to do comic-like versions yet.

JetsAndHeels
05-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, that would be cool. I suppose they're going to release animated ones based on the new cartoon, similar to the Teen Titans figures from a year ago but not quite as cartoony, yet I haven't heard word 1 yet.

Let's hope we get to see a line of these in the not-too-distant future; I think the characters all are cool looking on the cartoon and figures like those (although as you said not as cartoony) would be great.

figrin bran
05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
There's speculation that the Legion of Superheroes will be shown at this year's Comic Con but it's just speculation. come on Mattel, give me Fatal Five and Triplicate Girl figures!

however i do know that McDonald's is having a toy promotion for the show in August.

JediTricks
05-20-2007, 07:50 PM
IMO, Mattel had the right opportunity to get the Legion of Superheroes figures this Christmas and they dropped the ball, waiting may doom them at this point. They may have waited though because of a conflict with the Teen Titans line done by Bandai, or perhaps they didn't want to step on the JLU line's toes. Whatever it is though, they need to get it into high gear while they show still has any juice (which I suspect is rapidly dwindling since the CW shows nothing but reruns of the same 7 episodes over and over).

Saw Black Supes yesterday, didn't work for me, the silver boots seemed a bit too disco.

I also saw friggin' Azrael and Mr Freeze from 2 waves ago, but I was too broke to actually do anything about it, they were dirty packages so I guess either they found "lost" backstock or they were returns.

El Chuxter
05-22-2007, 01:51 PM
So, me, a huge Batman fan, and the only figure I'll want from an entire wave of Batman figures is Two-Face?

How pathetic is that?

Think of what figures of this level of quality would look like if made of Scarface, Charaxes, Nightwing (who got screwed in the previous line), Spoiler, Catwoman, Penguin (seriously, where are those two?), R'as Al Ghul, etc, etc, etc, etc.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Basically, "look how great this line would be if it were Marvel Legends" :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Jor-El be praised, I FINALLY found the black suited Supes tonight. I had been checking my store since I got back last month and CONSTANTLY gave the toy manager guff for having a SUCKY TOY department and not receiving new figures since 06. My pops and I were on our way to the movies and stopped at a random wal-mart just south of dayton and whamo, there sat Supes. I actually shreiked and snatched it. VERY happy to have it. :thumbsup:

I guess i'm just awaiting the Two-Face I have on pre-order. Is the clayface still confirmed as he'd be the only other figure i'd think about getting from the Bats wave. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Look at what i found on another site today

Lightning Lad packaging concept (http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=242)

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Congrats on the find, Guyute. I think its a very cool figure.

FB, thanks for the link...I am keeping my fingers crossed for Legion figs..I need a Supes and Brainy!!

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 06:09 PM
FB, thanks for the link...I am keeping my fingers crossed for Legion figs..I need a Supes and Brainy!!

I have a feeling the Legion figures will be unveiled at the SDCC.

as for the DC Mattel lines in general, the action figure manager sometimes posts on that site i linked for the Lightning Lad concept and he posted yesterday that due to a change in management and the fact that there were no DC films this year, they had to be more conservative in their assortments and character selection. the higher ups basically said that not only did they have to do that but with as many Supes and Bats as possible as that's "what the retailers want".

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I am just getting back from heroes con there was a vendor who had alot of the dc superheroes..I wanted an extra black suit supes to open, but he was asking $30 for it and $40 for the supergirl in the blue outfit.
F that!!

plasticfetish
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
but he was asking $30 for itOh god... that's BS. I'll keep an eye open if you still need one. I've seen him a few times now. (Only charge you $25... kidding.)

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh god... that's BS. I'll keep an eye open if you still need one. I've seen him a few times now. (Only charge you $25... kidding.)

Haha, that's funny!!

I am ok PF, I was just wondering since the guy had 3 of them. Thanks for the offer though!!

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Look at what i found on another site today

Lightning Lad packaging concept (http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=242)
There's nothing there now. :ermm:

figrin bran
06-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I guess Mattel made them take it down as they're probably saving it for SDCC.

It was a similar shaped card to The Batman figures. It looks like the figures will be that size as well. The card itself was really nice with vivid colors and a picture of a few of the Legion in flight.

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
Which The Batman cards? The line has "enjoyed" 3 totally differing designs over its span.

figrin bran
06-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Which The Batman cards? The line has "enjoyed" 3 totally differing designs over its span.

The card for the current Shadowtek figures

CrunchyNug
06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Found JLU Sand / Star Saphire / SM 3-pack this morning at Target. Very nice!!!

figrin bran
06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Found JLU Sand / Star Saphire / SM 3-pack this morning at Target. Very nice!!!

Barda/Deadshot and Obsidian/Vigilante are out as well. bah! i was all caught up with JLU for a whole 2 weeks too!

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Urk! I hate those cards! Wait, I just realized, I think I hate ALL the line's cards, and I hate those the 2nd least. :p

RooJay
06-21-2007, 03:04 AM
I hate having to constantly buy figures I already own multiple times over just to get the new figures. It's led me to more or less give the line up in spite of my love for the license and the figures in general. I just can't justify buying another Superman only to throw him in the box with the half-dozen or so others I already own. It's really a shame because I understand the line is still doing fairly well (enough to extend it past the life of the series it's based on.) Imagine how much better they'd sell if fans weren't being forced into such a ludicrous buying pattern.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2007, 09:27 AM
I hate having to constantly buy figures I already own multiple times over just to get the new figures. It's led me to more or less give the line up in spite of my love for the license and the figures in general. I just can't justify buying another Superman only to throw him in the box with the half-dozen or so others I already own. It's really a shame because I understand the line is still doing fairly well (enough to extend it past the life of the series it's based on.) Imagine how much better they'd sell if fans weren't being forced into such a ludicrous buying pattern.

You can never have too many Superman figures..I'm just sayin.

figrin bran
06-21-2007, 11:09 AM

You could always give away some of the Superman figures. Or sell/trade them off to customizers. Personally speaking, i have a few ongoing projects with my extras - Supes from the "Legacy" episode of STAS, Supes with the Anti K suit, Supes from the "Brave New Metropolis" episode.

It's one of these situations where Mattel is trying to cover all bases - collectors and kids alike. Not many kids will know who Star Sapphire is and won't want a figure of her but they do know Superman and so his presence in a 3 pack might make them buy it even though they've no idea who the other two characters are.

CrunchyNug
06-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Found the rest of the newbies this morning...

I got Lex, Shining Knight, Wonder Woman, & Orion singles. Also, Sand/Saphire, Obsidian/Vigilante, & Deadshot/Big Barda!!! WOW...

RooJay
06-22-2007, 01:01 AM
You could always give away some of the Superman figures. Or sell/trade them off to customizers. Personally speaking, i have a few ongoing projects with my extras - Supes from the "Legacy" episode of STAS, Supes with the Anti K suit, Supes from the "Brave New Metropolis" episode.

It's one of these situations where Mattel is trying to cover all bases - collectors and kids alike. Not many kids will know who Star Sapphire is and won't want a figure of her but they do know Superman and so his presence in a 3 pack might make them buy it even though they've no idea who the other two characters are.

I've run out of kids to give them away to. If I start giving them to kids I don't know, people may find it creepy and suspicious.

I understand why Mattel does this. Just seems to me that there are better, more effective ways to go about it.

figrin bran
06-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I understand why Hasbro does this. Just seems to me that there are better, more effective ways to go about it.

You mean Mattel, right? ;)

RooJay
06-22-2007, 03:32 AM
You mean Mattel, right? ;)

Duly noted. Thanks!

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Roojay, if you want to get rid of these I would gladly take them. We could work out a trade or something.
Let me know.

figrin bran
06-23-2007, 07:37 PM
You can never have too many Superman figures..I'm just sayin.

even this one??? Supes with funky stripes (http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/xtophe/Superman__scaled_600.jpg)

I saw a few at Target this morning and the red is actually more like neon pink! :shocked:

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah FB, I would totally buy that!!

RooJay
06-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Roojay, if you want to get rid of these I would gladly take them. We could work out a trade or something.
Let me know.

I'd consider that. Whatcha got?
We are talking my extra Superman, Batman, etc.?

(note - if you can get ahold of even a single McQuarrie figure [Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper] for all of my extras, well...that'd just seal the deal right there!)

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2007, 05:21 PM
(note - if you can get ahold of even a single McQuarrie figure [Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper] for all of my extras, well...that'd just seal the deal right there!)

Man, that might be a tall order for me...I haven't seen any McFigures around here. Same ol' pegwarmers.

I wouldn't want your batman, etc figs..just Supes.
I am sure we can work something out.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I saw the transforming Batmobile and Batjet at TRU yesterday, they don't look as good in person and they're $30 - no f'ing way anyone's going to pay that!!!

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I saw the transforming Batmobile and Batjet at TRU yesterday, they don't look as good in person and they're $30 - no f'ing way anyone's going to pay that!!!

I forgot to mention that I saw those too. Paying $30 for those would be just as bad as paying $39.99 for Voyager Movie Megatron!

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Has anyone seen those new dc "kiddie" figs? I think FB was the one who posted the pics of these.

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
J&H, they've started showing up on ebay and it turns out that i was mistaken and they're not Galactic Heroes sized but 6" and more like those Fisher Price Rescue Hero toys.

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 10:22 PM
J&H, they've started showing up on ebay and it turns out that i was mistaken and they're not Galactic Heroes sized but 6" and more like those Fisher Price Rescue Hero toys.

Yes, I want those now!!

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Yes, I want those now!!

haha! you know what, the larger scale is probably even better for these figures as it makes them more playable/poseable. you'd be lucky to get any articulation from Galactic Heroes.

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Seriously, I want the supes and the lex luthor.

figrin bran
06-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Mattel wins master toy license for DC Comics (http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=262)

This should mean no more embargos and DCSH can produce any character.

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Too late, I suspect. Mattel's driven the brand into the ground.

RooJay
06-29-2007, 12:52 AM
But the retailers are only asking for more Batman and Superman figures.:rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Too late, I suspect. Mattel's driven the brand into the ground.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. I'm hearing reports that many places have canned their case shipments for the newest Batman DCSH wave.

JediTricks
06-29-2007, 06:10 PM
But the retailers are only asking for more Batman and Superman figures.:rolleyes:
Yeah, I love when they say that, like retailers had a CHOICE in the matter anyway since that's all there was. But yeah, retailers like to have the name characters to draw in the casual consumers, that doesn't mean the line has to be pure Supes & Bats, look at Marvel Legends - wave after wave of "who the f' is that?!?" figs and it's still going!

LTBasker
06-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Thing is, Marvel Legends were (almost) always larger. The largest amount of new figures that have been released at once from Mattel has been what, 4? The last Marvel Legends wave to only have 4 (ML4) didn't do so well, it would seem the larger variety in a wave helps the others sell as well.

So, hopefully they'll increase the size of waves to about 6 or so figures, especially if they decide to move ahead with the BAF concept.

But, at $10 per figure larger waves could really bite and Mattel hasn't ever shown interest in large waves except when 95&#37; is made up of Batman or Superman variants.

At the very least, I hope we manage to get the main JL members, according to Cornboy on Fwoosh's Q&A thread the Four Horsemen have been VERY busy with this line lately. Soo, here's hoping it's more than mere coincidence that this announcement comes a month away from SDCC.

JetsAndHeels
06-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Awesome, we need more Superman figures....I don't have enough of them. :)

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Thing is, Marvel Legends were (almost) always larger. The largest amount of new figures that have been released at once from Mattel has been what, 4? The last Marvel Legends wave to only have 4 (ML4) didn't do so well, it would seem the larger variety in a wave helps the others sell as well.

So, hopefully they'll increase the size of waves to about 6 or so figures, especially if they decide to move ahead with the BAF concept.

But, at $10 per figure larger waves could really bite and Mattel hasn't ever shown interest in large waves except when 95&#37; is made up of Batman or Superman variants.

At the very least, I hope we manage to get the main JL members, according to Cornboy on Fwoosh's Q&A thread the Four Horsemen have been VERY busy with this line lately. Soo, here's hoping it's more than mere coincidence that this announcement comes a month away from SDCC.
It's about safety and belief in product, less new figures means less new risk on paper even if it fails the point of the line. Also, and I think this is key, the ML line tried not to be too dependent on core characters once the ball got rolling, but the first ML wave was Iron Man & variant, Hulk & variant hands, Captain America, and Toad (latepacked and then shortpacked). I guess part of the problem is that DC really is tentpoled on 2 major characters while Marvel spreads their tentpole characters around heavily - including villains - so Marvel can do multiple waves with a core character in each without feeling repetitive while DC has just Bats and Supes to fall back on, and thus continues the downward spiral. And of course it hurts too that DC has already covered their secondary guys so heavily with DC Direct, so the fanboys aren't going to flock to Mattel's product in as great numbers because they're satiated by DCD.

RooJay
07-03-2007, 07:18 AM
It's about safety and belief in product, less new figures means less new risk on paper even if it fails the point of the line. Also, and I think this is key, the ML line tried not to be too dependent on core characters once the ball got rolling, but the first ML wave was Iron Man & variant, Hulk & variant hands, Captain America, and Toad (latepacked and then shortpacked). I guess part of the problem is that DC really is tentpoled on 2 major characters while Marvel spreads their tentpole characters around heavily - including villains - so Marvel can do multiple waves with a core character in each without feeling repetitive while DC has just Bats and Supes to fall back on, and thus continues the downward spiral. And of course it hurts too that DC has already covered their secondary guys so heavily with DC Direct, so the fanboys aren't going to flock to Mattel's product in as great numbers because they're satiated by DCD.

I can't help but think of this post as extremely biased in Marvel's favor. I'm left wondering exactly which of Marvel's characters do you consider 'tentpole' characters? Marvel has at various times tried a slightly greater range of their characters in individual projects outside of comics in the past, but I don't think any of them ever caught on, or were ever as widely recognized (or recognizable) as most of DC's second tier. Granted, there are a lot of X-Men but one tends to take them as a whole regardless (you'd never expect a Cyclops solo toy line or television cartoon.) When was the last time Captain America even had any success outside of comics? Thor? Daredevil (I suppose his movie still counts as a success on some level)? Nope, pretty much Spider-Man and the X-Men. Just wondering which Marvels you consider 'tentpole' characters.

LTBasker
07-03-2007, 08:41 AM
IAnd of course it hurts too that DC has already covered their secondary guys so heavily with DC Direct, so the fanboys aren't going to flock to Mattel's product in as great numbers because they're satiated by DCD.

Honestly, which version would you take?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/features/images/DCSHBatman5/DCSH5BatGirlComp3.jpg

The DCD version that looks like an amateur customizer job with very little reference material and cost $15.

Or, the DCSH version that despite being 90% recycled from the Barbara-Batgirl is better proportioned, better detailed, better articulated and the head is a thousand times better? And, most importantly: it's $5 less.

While not every Four Horsemen creation would be that extreme of a contrast to the DCD version, they would (should) have a continuous scale unlike DCD which changes it with every line. Style too - you can't piece together a Batman group of allies and villains without having a stark contrast in styles.

This gives DCSH so much potential with the master license as long as Mattel can get the bullet out of their foot. Especially distribution-wise, theres no denying that if you want a DCD figure, you've got a good shot at it from any online store.

The fanboys will likely continue to go to DCD because they offer figures based on specific artist renditions. That's also the reason they'll likely support DCSH at the same time, because with DCSH they can get Batman's allies & villains, Superman's allies & villains - and now other heroes and their villains - all in one matching style.

Really, I think we're going to have to wait for Comic-Con to see and hear what Mattel is planning to fully judge the future (or demise) of DCSH.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I can't help but think of this post as extremely biased in Marvel's favor. I'm left wondering exactly which of Marvel's characters do you consider 'tentpole' characters? First off, I'm usually swayed towards DC so it's not an unfair bias. Spidey is their main guy, no question, but there's also (in no particular order) Cap, Hulk, Wolverine & the X-men, Namor (KIDDING! :D), The Punisher, Daredevil, Thor, and the Fantastic Four. Marvel is less of a tiered universe than DC. If I started listing off DC's other big guys - Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Robin - you'd know I was talking about the next tier down from Bats & Supes (and not coincidentally, they're all JLAers except Robin who is an offshoot of Batman).

Marvel has at various times tried a slightly greater range of their characters in individual projects outside of comics in the past, but I don't think any of them ever caught on, or were ever as widely recognized (or recognizable) as most of DC's second tier. Granted, there are a lot of X-Men but one tends to take them as a whole regardless (you'd never expect a Cyclops solo toy line or television cartoon.) When was the last time Captain America even had any success outside of comics? Thor? Daredevil (I suppose his movie still counts as a success on some level)? Nope, pretty much Spider-Man and the X-Men. They may not have great success at all times, but they're all tentpole characters because they're all instantly recognizable and well-known. You want to tell me that Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are hot selling books at all times? :p Face it, with their characters Marvel is gregarious while DC is a strict hierarchy.

Honestly, which version would you take?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/features/images/DCSHBatman5/DCSH5BatGirlComp3.jpg
First off, I wouldn't take either because I think Cassandra Batgirl sucks. :p

The DCD version that looks like an amateur customizer job with very little reference material and cost $15.

Or, the DCSH version that despite being 90% recycled from the Barbara-Batgirl is better proportioned, better detailed, better articulated and the head is a thousand times better? And, most importantly: it's $5 less.Well, therein lies the rub, the DCD version exists, it had a timetable and an announced release date, and it actually came out 2 years ago. Where has Mattel's been? Is it out now? If so, is there any chance of finding it? Will Mattel say it's out and then cancel it or release it only in foreign market? If they release it, will it suffer sloppy paint or crappy joints or recycled parts to make it inaccurate?

I don't like DCD, I own none of it, but they do for their fans what Mattel is absolutely unwilling to.

And which looks better? Since I don't like Cassandra either way, I've got to say the DCD because it's more accurate to the art (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Knightalone.jpg) and better captures what visually makes up that character. Mattel's recycled body has very little costume texture and the wrong boots, cape, gloves, bat-symbol. Yes, Mattel's isn't as crazy and looks like a better toy, but a lesser representation.

While not every Four Horsemen creation would be that extreme of a contrast to the DCD version, they would (should) have a continuous scale unlike DCD which changes it with every line. Style too - you can't piece together a Batman group of allies and villains without having a stark contrast in styles.

This gives DCSH so much potential with the master license as long as Mattel can get the bullet out of their foot. Especially distribution-wise, theres no denying that if you want a DCD figure, you've got a good shot at it from any online store.Here's the thing, is Mattel going to be able to pull this line out of its nosedive in time? Probably not. Is Mattel even going to turn DCSH into Marvel Legends? Not likely because even if they do a wave or 2 of lesser characters, they're not going to keep supporting it - they've shown their true colors, they're cowards at that level of risk, and will go back to Superman & Batman every time. They'll once again leave collectors high and dry like they always do - MOTU, Batman, Harry Potter, they all show Mattel screwing customers over. Mattel makes big claims and then walks away from them.

RooJay
07-04-2007, 12:58 AM
First off, I'm usually swayed towards DC so it's not an unfair bias. Spidey is their main guy, no question, but there's also (in no particular order) Cap, Hulk, Wolverine & the X-men, Namor (KIDDING! :D), The Punisher, Daredevil, Thor, and the Fantastic Four. Marvel is less of a tiered universe than DC. If I started listing off DC's other big guys - Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Robin - you'd know I was talking about the next tier down from Bats & Supes (and not coincidentally, they're all JLAers except Robin who is an offshoot of Batman).

They may not have great success at all times, but they're all tentpole characters because they're all instantly recognizable and well-known. You want to tell me that Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are hot selling books at all times? :p Face it, with their characters Marvel is gregarious while DC is a strict hierarchy.

I guarantee that if you asked a group of 60 year old grandmothers to identify a group of superheroes by sight each would be far more likely to pick out Flash, Green Lantern, Plastic Man and Aquaman before they could tell you who Punisher, Daredevil, Thor and Namor were. That's recognition.

First off, I wouldn't take either because I think Cassandra Batgirl sucks. :p

I'm with you on that one, though.:thumbsup:

Here's the thing, is Mattel going to be able to pull this line out of its nosedive in time? Probably not. Is Mattel even going to turn DCSH into Marvel Legends? Not likely because even if they do a wave or 2 of lesser characters, they're not going to keep supporting it - they've shown their true colors, they're cowards at that level of risk, and will go back to Superman & Batman every time. They'll once again leave collectors high and dry like they always do - MOTU, Batman, Harry Potter, they all show Mattel screwing customers over. Mattel makes big claims and then walks away from them.

...and you do have a pretty good point there.

JediTricks
07-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Plastic-man, really? He was big twice for about 7.5 minutes each time, once was in the '40s and the other was in the '80s.

My grandmother can pick out Superman, she had the first issue (her mother threw it away while she was at camp - classic!), and probably Batman and Spider-man, but no way she'll be able to ID the Flash or any of those other costumed crimefighters. And here's the thing, it's not important who your grammy can identify with, she's not a target audience on this. :p It's parents and kids for the casual consumers and tweens to 30-somethings for the hardcore collectors. If I went to my 30-year-old sister (who is totally disinterested in superheroes) with pictures of all the characters mentioned here, I'm confident she could name:
Spider-man
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Robin
Wolverine
Captain America
Fantastic Four

And that's the key, you can't say to them "which one is Green Lantern" because obviously they can say "oh, it's the green guy with the picture of a LANTERN ON HIS CHEST!!!", it's about recognizability of character, where that guy stands in popular culture and how likely that recognition will be to the potential consumer.

RooJay
07-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Plastic-man, really? He was big twice for about 7.5 minutes each time, once was in the '40s and the other was in the '80s.

My grandmother can pick out Superman, she had the first issue (her mother threw it away while she was at camp - classic!), and probably Batman and Spider-man, but no way she'll be able to ID the Flash or any of those other costumed crimefighters. And here's the thing, it's not important who your grammy can identify with, she's not a target audience on this. :p It's parents and kids for the casual consumers and tweens to 30-somethings for the hardcore collectors. If I went to my 30-year-old sister (who is totally disinterested in superheroes) with pictures of all the characters mentioned here, I'm confident she could name:
Spider-man
Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Robin
Wolverine
Captain America
Fantastic Four

And that's the key, you can't say to them "which one is Green Lantern" because obviously they can say "oh, it's the green guy with the picture of a LANTERN ON HIS CHEST!!!", it's about recognizability of character, where that guy stands in popular culture and how likely that recognition will be to the potential consumer.

Yes, Plastic man. Everyone knows Plastic Man. Besides, when was the last time Thor was 'big.' Or Namor or even Captain America for that matter; aside from being recognizable for the iconic imagery he presents, I doubt you could find many non-comic readers who have even a vague inkling of what his story is or anything else about him other than what they can imagine based on his costume.

Aside from that...looks like you've completely missed my point. Your 30 year old sister is hardly the target audience here either, and yet you still figured it was worth mentioning; seems like we're not far off the same wavelength.
I'm confident that no one I know who wasn't at least slightly exposed to comics or Superheroes as cartoons anytime in the last twenty years would be able to recognize even the Fantastic 4 outside of obvious visual association before the movie came out (even then, I'm betting most would've picked them out as 'Rocky-guy' and 'Fire-guy' or 'Torcher' and 'Stretchy-Guy.' The giant number 4 on the chest would certainly help a lot more in naming the group as a whole than GL's lantern shaped chest emblem.) Either way, as I see it there are still far more recognizable individual DC heroes than individual Marvel heroes as far as the general public is concerned. Having had more recent films in theaters helps, but even more DC characters have had better recent exposure right there on basic cable. In fact, I think it's their existence as part of the cultural vernacular in spite of the very lack of there having ever been a solo Green Lantern, or Flash, or Aquaman movie that proves exactly how recognizable they are.

JediTricks
07-05-2007, 10:14 PM
I can pretty much guarantee you none of my grandparents know or would remember Plastic Man, my dad wouldn't know him, my sister probably not, my niece, cousins, aunts, uncles, none of them. There's a SLIGHT chance my mom would but she's been tuned into that sort of thing better than most for my whole live, and even there I doubt it. Hell, I doubt if I showed them a picture of PM not stretching they wouldn't even know he's a superhero - just a guy in a bad red costume wearing lame sunglasses.

My sister *IS* a target audience because she has a child who is old enough to buy these toys for, toys like this are marketed to parents almost as much as kids.

As for recognizable DC superheroes beyond Bats & Supes in or near that tier, you say there are some but you haven't listed any.

CrunchyNug
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Just found Black Canary/Joker/ Bats 3-pack on my lunch-break at Target. Didn't expect to find them so soon.

figrin bran
07-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Just found Black Canary/Joker/ Bats 3-pack on my lunch-break at Target. Didn't expect to find them so soon.

yer killin your fellow SoCal JLU collectors here with all your finds! i haven't found any of the new 3 packs and for the new singles, i've only seen funky stripes supes and flash w. yellow lightning bolt. i have a feeling that i'll get shayera/ray/GL from SDCC before i get any of the new ones.

orionlukteel
07-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Saw two of the Black Canary packs at Target here in Vegas yesterday. Black Canary is a NICE figure, but nowhere near as nice as the Big Barda figure from the previous wave!

Found the Barda 3-pack last week and immediately picked it up, that's how impressed I was with the scuplt. Passed on a Star Sapphire pack and a Vigilante pack, not as impressed.

There was another 3-pack from the Black Canary wave that I wanted, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. All I know is that I would have bought the other one if it had been there.

I saw mention of Zatanna over in the "LA Found" thread - is she being released in single pack format?

figrin bran
07-11-2007, 10:58 AM
that was probably me that mentioned Zatanna and i was referring to all the pegwarming Zatanna/Shining Knight/Batman 3 packs.

the other 3 pack you're probably thinking of is Hawkman/Rocket Red/Justice Lords Flash.

CrunchyNug
07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
the other 3 pack you're probably thinking of is Hawkman/Rocket Red/Justice Lords Flash.

I can't wait to get this one!!!

figrin bran
07-11-2007, 09:42 PM
CrunchyNug, you better leave some JLU figures for us! :p

Orion, as it turns out, Zatanna will be available in a single pack with the same cane that came with Shade.

CrunchyNug
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Got my Hawkman this morning. I took them all and didn't leave any for you firgin...oh wait, there was only one.:silly:

figrin bran
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Got my Hawkman this morning. I took them all and didn't leave any for you firgin...oh wait, there was only one.:silly:

that's okay, i don't need figures of creepy stalkers anyhow! (wow did hawkman ever get a crappy representation in JLU)

figrin bran
07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Jets+Heels, I saw the DC Superfriends toys at Mervyn's today (not sure if you have that store out there). They had Supes, Bats and Flash. Didn't buy but they look pretty nice.

JetsAndHeels
07-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Jets+Heels, I saw the DC Superfriends toys at Mervyn's today (not sure if you have that store out there). They had Supes, Bats and Flash. Didn't buy but they look pretty nice.

No, we do not have that store here, but thanks for the heads up!! I check for these everytime I go out looking. Now that they have hit somewhere I feel a little bit better. :)

orionlukteel
07-22-2007, 01:50 AM

Figured it out when I saw another Black Canary pack - it's the other pack shown on the back that includes Fire and Ice, don't know if it's even been released yet.

And thanks for the tip on Mervyn's. No Superfriends, but plenty of yellow carded single packs I didn't really look through and (finally) the elusive Bumblebee I had yet to see.

figrin bran
07-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Figured it out when I saw another Black Canary pack - it's the other pack shown on the back that includes Fire and Ice, don't know if it's even been released yet.

No, that one hasn't been released yet. Probably some time in the fall?

JetsAndHeels
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Here is the pic of the series 2 Smallville figures FB mentioned in another thread.

And here is a url to a bigger pic

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville7/actionfiguremodels.jpg

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the pics J&H! That looks like a great likeness of Mr. Welling! I'll buy that one for sure.

btw, i saw those DC Superfriends at a Target that just opened up. They should be appearing at Targets everywhere once the action figure aisle resets, on or about 8/5 i believe.

here's the exclusive JLU 3 pack that Bruce Timm signed for me at SDCC

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/7bdeaea9.jpg

CrunchyNug
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Nice, very nice!!!

Anybody go see "Superman : Doomsday" at SDCC???:thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Nice, very nice!!!

Anybody go see "Superman : Doomsday" at SDCC???:thumbsup:

I wish I could have!!

Check out my post in the SR thread...someone from supermanhomepage.com reviewed it.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Those DCD Smallville figures were such a lame reveal at the end of a pretty flat presentation for the show, not a great panel. I think DCD may be aiming for failure on this one, the first round of DCD Smallville figs didn't exactly excite either.

Mattel was a tough booth to deal with for me at SDCC, they had all this unused space and it seemed super empty, the outside was ringed with displays that mixed new and old product. I had Steve shoot the stuff that seemed new to me, but I couldn't keep up because they kept putting out new product in weird locations.

JLU felt like a total nothing, they presented it as if everything was old - great job. Got a free poster of all the figs though.

DCSH was a mess, but some cool new entries buried in there. Orion was a surprise, Penguin too, The Demon, and Red Tornado??? It was like "what the...?" rather than "of course!" because they've just waited so long to do this sort of thing. '60s Batman was way out there for me, but it looks good.

Super Friends was weird, they had out wave 1 and the Batmobile, but in a strange location that guaranteed few views. Then late in the show they put out wave 2, plus 2 new vehicles for wave 2 - Aquaman's submarine (???) and the Batwing, which is really nifty.

Most surprising was The Batman. They're taking the 6" line to the next level finally, real Batman and more Robin, Bane and another villain I can't remember - and they have more articulation. But then there's the regular 4.5" line, which is adding Green Lantern, Hawkman, and 2 Superman figures! That got a HUGE "WTF" out of me, and the style is The Batman which is a shocker. Hawkman had fallen and was on his back, so I couldn't see much of him, but the other 2 were just so surreal.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, one piece of swag I got at SDCC was a little Attacktix-type minifigure thing from Mattel's upcoming '08 line. The one handed out was Superman flying, he's on a post that can be pulled back and let go to fling him like he's flying... for 3 feet. Sculpting is about on-par with Attacktix, maybe a hair better.

figrin bran
08-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Big Lots stores across the country have been getting in the Cyborg Supes wave as well as the Hawkman JLU wave.

At the Hollywood store, I actually saw Cyborg Supes but in someone else's hands.

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Whaaaa? Big Lots? That SUUUUUUUCKS! They're the death knoll for the line every time.

LTBasker
08-08-2007, 02:18 AM
A ton of people on the Fwoosh boards have been finding them at Big Lots along with Mongul and Black Suit Superman. Strangely CornerStoreComics and Enchanted Toy Chest are reporting on there that most stock of the Batgirl/Two-Face/Knight Shadow Batman wave was bought up by Wal-Mart a couple months ago, they couldn't get any for their stores.

It's possible the supply to Big Lots is mainly coming from Target, some on the Fwoosh board have also been reporting both Target and Big Lots receiving the Batman/Joker 2-pack from the previous 6" line.

All I know is that now the closest Wal-Mart I had to rely on for DCSH doesn't have pegs for them anymore. Quite disappointing.

JetsAndHeels
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I finally found some of the DC Superfriends figs today at WM. I picked up the Superman w/space crane figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
I read about Cyborg Supes being found at BL here and on the Spawn boards, so I figured I could head up to the nearest big lots on my lunch break. I spotted the action figure aisle and only saw a barrage of JLU figures that were DC related. I decided to scope out the department and I found a section dedicated to DC Heroes and the Batman classics line and WHAMO, there was Cyborg Superman on the peg!! I couldn't help but start laughing at the absurdity of finding a Cyborg Superman figure....at Big Lots of all places!!

and in other non related news, Big Lots, Inc. has reported a 400&#37; increase of customer volume in the last few weeks. heheheheh :crazed:

and my WM store just reset the department and I didn't see a single peg for DCSH.

figrin bran
08-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Whaaaa? Big Lots? That SUUUUUUUCKS! They're the death knoll for the line every time.

So I suppose DC Superfriends is DOA since Big Lots has been stocking those as well? :p

I believe that the Mattel action figure brand manager's father-in-law is a higher up with Big Lots.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
They have? That's nuts!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I took a pic of Cyborg Supes with my phone. It's not great quality, but you get the idea of what it looks like. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
08-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Big Lots here had everyone except Cyborg. :(

Beast
08-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok, I'm not a huge DC fan or collector...

But that said, I definatly have to get DC "Legends" Series II for the BAF Gorilla Grodd that was revealed at WWC today. The old DC direct one wasn't really very cool looking. Shame there's no Flash in the assortment to go with him. :)

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/005545/Grodd&#37;20with%20toys.jpg

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/005545823.cfm

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Some good work there, but what's with classic Firestorm's face?!? And Superman Red & Blue? NOBODY LIKES THAT PERIOD IN SUPES' HISTORY!!! Considered a really lame gimmick by almost every comic fan ever.

Way too many variants, but some cool figures. Too bad we won't ever see them in stores thanks to Mattel's shoddy distribution. :mad:

El Chuxter
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
I went to two Big Lots and the Mattel Store in San Bernardino today. No luck on Cyborg Superman. :( If anyone finds an extra at their Big Lots, please keep me in mind. I'd really like this one, as it's a real villain and not a silly "urban camo" type figure.

The Mattel Store is a joke. They had a ton of Batman, a ton of Superman, a goodly amount of Lava Reflection Doomsday, and (oddly enough) the Wizard World exclusive Man-Bat. They also have huge signs about the limitations on buying collectible Barbies. As I pointed out to Mrs Chuxter, they should have limitations on action figures, too. One case of Barbies is all the same Barbie--all hot sellers. One case of DC Superheroes is five Supermen and one Mongul--one hot seller, five turds. Maybe if they paid attention to that, they wouldn't have an entire aisle of the Batman, Superman, and Lava Reflection Doomsday. :)

figrin bran
08-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Ok, I'm not a huge DC fan or collector...

But that said, I definatly have to get DC "Legends" Series II for the BAF Gorilla Grodd that was revealed at WWC today. The old DC direct one wasn't really very cool looking. Shame there's no Flash in the assortment to go with him. :)

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/005545/Grodd%20with%20toys.jpg

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/005545823.cfm

Beast,

If you're interested Gorilla Grodd is also coming in a Target exclusive boxed set for the JLU animated line.

Chux,

I don't actually want Cyborg Supes but will definitely pick it up if I see one for either you or anyone else that needs it. Is that the Mattel store out in Chino that you're talking about?

Beast
08-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Beast,

If you're interested Gorilla Grodd is also coming in a Target exclusive boxed set for the JLU animated line.

Chux,

I don't actually want Cyborg Supes but will definitely pick it up if I see one for either you or anyone else that needs it. Is that the Mattel store out in Chino that you're talking about?
Yeah, but I wasn't so impressed with the animated look for him. Tempting though. :)

RooJay
08-11-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm actually quite impressed with these choices on the first couple of assortments! Of course, Electric Superman sucks but if we've gotta have another Superman variant it might as well be one that's actually appeared in the books. These make me really hopeful for an Adam Strange figure! Cyborg would be pretty bomb, too!

El Chuxter
08-11-2007, 11:02 AM

No, this is another one, at their distribution center about five miles north of the I-10 in San Bernardino. I've been there a few times, and never found anything (because they limit the Barbies and not the action figures, I suspect--I find dregs of good waves regularly). I've never been to the one in Chino, nor to the one in (I think) Pomona, if it's still there.

Do you need Mongul? There seems to be no shortage of him around here now.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Chux, do you think you could PM me the address of that distribution center if you have it? I have a friend that lives out that way and I'm sure they'd be interested in checking it out.

On the DC animated figures front, I got the 2 new boxed sets today - Lava Doomsday set and the TRU JLU Original Members set. Now that Target is down to just one peg for JLU 3 packs and not sticking any singles besides Bats and Supes, I don't think I'll be finding any of the animated figs I need unless Big Lots comes through. what a scary thought that is.

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I got the JLU Blue Devil figure (J&H is probably hoping for a JLU Tar Heel figure! ) as well as McDonald's LOSH Validus.

JetsAndHeels
08-19-2007, 08:37 AM
I got the JLU Blue Devil figure (J&H is probably hoping for a JLU Tar Heel figure! ) as well as McDonald's LOSH Validus.

A TarHeel figure would definately be better than a Blue Devil....yuck!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2007, 05:10 PM
FINALLY snagged a Two Face figure today!! I had one on pre-order for MONTHS and a few of my online stores had said their case orders had been cancelled, so I was slightly worried. I called TRU this morning and the guy said they got a truck in this morning and it would be unloaded during the day sometime. So, after I got done teaching my class, I stopped by TRU where I spotted a lone Camo Bane. I immediately got PO'd, thinking I had missed it, but i asked an associate who worked there and she found another case in the back that hadn't been opened yet. The case ratio was: 3 Batman, 1 Bane, 1 Batgirl and 1 Two Face. I didn't care for any of the other figures, but I was UBER happy to see Two Face. He looks VERY VERY awesome, easily one of the better DCSH thus far. And I like his outfit with the tommy gun, it's very 50's gangster style. I've attached a few pics I took with my phone. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
08-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Nice score! Haven't been looking much lately... but I'll keep an eye out for that one.

El Chuxter
08-23-2007, 07:56 PM
A friend got me a Two-Face and Batgirl. Don't have them in hand yet. I told him to pass on Bane and the latest Bats repaint.

BTW, the Mattel Store has the Wizard World Man-Bat figure. Anyone know if the regular one is coming soon? I'd like a Man-Bat, and will get this one if the other isn't likely to come out (and I figure if it's not within the next two waves, it's a long shot). However, he costs more, and he's not comic accurate at all. Cool package, though.

LTBasker
08-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Brown Man-Bat isn't planned for release anytime soon, I believe the Four Horsemen have mentioned he's not cancelled but due to Mattel getting the Master license they're going in a different direction right now. I think Clayface, Catwoman, Tech-suit Mr. Freeze (repaint) and Grey/Black Batman (repaint) are supposed to be the last DCSH wave.

They're looking at ways to get brown Man-Bat out though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
I would hope that they get them out. Clayface and Man bat are on the back of Dent's box. Let me know if you want me to post a pic:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Hmmm. So do I get an albino Man-Bat for twice retail, or hope I can get the proper caramel-colored Man-Bat at retail?

I hate Mattel for screwing up these Batman figures. Who gives a rat's *** about stupid "Kal-El, King of Made-Up Kryptonian" garbage when there are Two-Face figures to be had?

I want a frigging Ventriloquist sculpted by the Four Horsemen. And Clayface III, and Black Mask, and Anarky, and Ragman, and Harvey Bullock.... Heck, everything DC that isn't Batman-related kinda sucks.

JetsAndHeels
08-25-2007, 06:52 AM
Who gives a rat's *** about stupid "Kal-El, King of Made-Up Kryptonian" garbage when there are Two-Face figures to be had?Heck, everything DC that isn't Batman-related kinda sucks.

I'm driving to California and kicking you in the nuts.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I was referring to the actual Kal-El figure, which is total made-up nonsense just like the weird black suit, not Superman himself.

Though Batman still dominates.

JetsAndHeels
08-25-2007, 01:19 PM
I was referring to the actual Kal-El figure, which is total made-up nonsense just like the weird black suit, not Superman himself.

Though Batman still dominates.

The black suit Supes is a good figure too...although the DC Direct version (like all the others) is way better.

It's cool though...Bats is good yes, but we know who to call on when its time to save the world. :)

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 01:34 PM
And we know who was entrusted with the only piece of Kryptonite on Earth, too. ;)

JetsAndHeels
08-25-2007, 01:35 PM
And we know who was entrusted with the only piece of Kryptonite on Earth, too. ;)

And we know that without it, he would never stand a chance.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Personal preferences aside, Batman is one of the very, very few mortals who could put up a decent fight with Supes even sans Kryptonite. Brains vs brawn. Now, the first hit Clark lands is the end of the fight, though.

Rocketboy
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Personal preferences aside, Batman is one of the very, very few mortals who could put up a decent fight with Supes even sans Kryptonite. Brains vs brawn. Now, the first hit Clark lands is the end of the fight, though.Sounds like something Joss Whedon should write.

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
No, because Whedon should have his tongue removed and his hands chopped off, so that no one ever has to hear his stories again. Further, he should never be allowed within ten miles of a typewriter or computer just on the off chance he might learn to type with his toes. He needs to go right back into the Massengill box he came from.

Rocketboy
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
All this because you sat through a Serenity Comic-con panel, didn't know what they were talking about and assumed he should kiss the butts of people who didn't know anything about it?

El Chuxter
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Not entirely, though his attitude didn't help. I'll go on record as saying Buffy sucked more than any TV show I've ever seen, and I was unimpressed with Astonishing X-Men. His approach is far too teenybopper soap-operaish for my tastes.

Yeah, I hate Buffy. You can all get mad at me now. Everyone else I say that to seems to. :)

JediTricks
08-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Batman held his own against Supes in The Dark Knight Returns, and Bats was a fat old guy by then who was faking his own death.

JetsAndHeels
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Batman held his own against Supes in The Dark Knight Returns, and Bats was a fat old guy by then who was faking his own death.

It matters not!!

Superman=earth's greatest hero

Batman=the dark knight, detective

orionlukteel
09-02-2007, 02:19 PM
If this is in the wrong thread, I apologize.

Anyone collect the Women of the DC Universe Adam Hughes busts? I know they're not figures, but I didn't see another category for it.

I picked up Zatanna and Batgirl over the weekend, was unpleasantly surprised to see how much the Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy busts are going for now.

But as to the two I do have, I'm really impressed with the quality of the sculpt. Zatanna is a little googly-eyed, but looking at the sculpt from the right angle, you can't really tell. Batgirl is incredible. Looks like Hughes based his drawing on the Dina Meyer Batgirl from Birds of Prey, and it is a VERY nice sculpt.

Now I just have to hope I trip over a Wonder Woman minibust in a pawnshop someday. :)

2-1B
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
why would Supes and Bats wanna fight anyway? They should be buddies.

Rocketboy
09-02-2007, 02:52 PM
why would Supes and Bats wanna fight anyway? They should be buddies.To sell comics.

2-1B
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't buy a comic based on an unrealistic matchup.

Beast
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't buy a comic based on an unrealistic matchup.
It happens all the time in comics. See Civil War. :)

Rocketboy
09-02-2007, 03:38 PM
See Civil War. :)Exactly what I was getting at.

figrin bran
09-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I found a Camo Bane at TRU but someone slashed open the bubble and stole the gun (????)

RooJay
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I missed out on the first couple of Women of the DCU busts and therefore decided not to collect them, but my brother has most of them and they are great! I might actually end up getting Power Girl (a personal fave!) There's a new series starting soon based on the art of Terry Dodson in case you hadn't heard. They look awesome as well, and since Dodson's style has similarities to Hughes' they should actually look quite nice together! Plus...Starfire!

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2007, 07:44 AM
I might actually end up getting Power Girl (a personal fave!)

Yes, that Power Girl is a fine bust.

<giggles>

BountyHunterScum
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, that Power Girl is a fine bust.

<giggles>

You ain't kidding about that. :twisted:

figrin bran
09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
This isn't figure or toy related but I thought folks like J&H might like to know that the $1 bins at Target have Superman stuff now. I bought a Supes notepad and a pack of ballpoint pens from there today.

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2007, 08:18 AM
This isn't figure or toy related but I thought folks like J&H might like to know that the $1 bins at Target have Superman stuff now. I bought a Supes notepad and a pack of ballpoint pens from there today.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

Rocketboy
09-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Cool, thanks for the tip.That's what she said!

RooJay
09-11-2007, 12:40 AM

I'm wearin' my $1 Superman tattoos right now!:thumbsup: They have some Batman stuff also, for those so inclined.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I got an e-mail from BBTS that said my new DC wave set of 6 Batman figs were instock and ready for me. I won't see them for several weeks until I go home for the holidays, but i am anxious to see them. BBTS has pics up now of them in packaging: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT10684&mode=retail&picture=in

I'm REALLY liking the look of that gray Batman. Standard Batman figure with batarangs and gadets. lookin' good! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
09-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I wish someone could make a nice Bruce Wayne figure, without any sort of stupid transforming action.

figrin bran
09-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Did anyone get any of the Superman Doomsday animated figures? I'm assuming they're out already? I guess I'll find out at the comic book store tomorrow. The only one I really want is the robot which comes with Luthor.

JediTricks
09-22-2007, 02:33 AM
What the hell is with that Bruce Wayne figure's bright blue armor? COME ON!!! That sh** should stay in their The Batman line of kiddie moron crap.

Anybody seen the TRU 2pack? I forgot to mention this when I saw it last week: boxed set of DCSH Batman & Tim Drake Robin posed on a rooftop, they're weathered more and Bats has actual articulated hands instead of those unusable hamhocks they normally give him.

Beast
09-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Did anyone get any of the Superman Doomsday animated figures? I'm assuming they're out already? I guess I'll find out at the comic book store tomorrow. The only one I really want is the robot which comes with Luthor.
They're shipping to comic stores this Wednesday, according to Diamond.

Superman vs Doomsday Doomsday Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Lex Luthor & Robot 2-Pack Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Solar Suit Superman Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Superman Action Figure $7.99

figrin bran
09-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the info Beast!

I found and bought DCSH Clayface from Target this morning...they also had Nightwing and Joker but I passed on those.

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2007, 09:31 PM

There are 2 that I want from that line:

Solar Suit Supes
Doomsday

BountyHunterScum
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
They're shipping to comic stores this Wednesday, according to Diamond.

Superman vs Doomsday Doomsday Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Lex Luthor & Robot 2-Pack Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Solar Suit Superman Action Figure $7.99
Superman vs Doomsday Superman Action Figure $7.99

Got any Pictures?

orionlukteel
09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
If anyone sees a single card Zatanna, would you please drop me a line?

That and the Fire and Ice pack should be it for my JLU collection, if they even release the Fire and Ice pack with all the pegwarmers out there.

figrin bran
09-28-2007, 09:36 PM
If anyone sees a single card Zatanna, would you please drop me a line?

That and the Fire and Ice pack should be it for my JLU collection, if they even release the Fire and Ice pack with all the pegwarmers out there.

No problem, orion, I'll help you look for the single carded Zatanna. She can't hold the cane anyways and I already have her from the ultra pegwarmer 3 pack that she's in. Fire and Ice are still due by year's end btw.

JetsAndHeels
09-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Got any Pictures?

Solar Suit Supes (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7384&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Doomsday (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7387&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Lex and Robot (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7385&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Superman (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7382&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

figrin bran
09-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I bought that Lex and Robot today. The figures come with Supes insignia stands, this particular set has 2 of them. Surprisingly, the robot has ball joint articulation in the torso joint.

Even though Jets&Heels always says "you can never have enough Superman figures", I passed on the other 3 as I already own 2 of the JLU Doomsday (regular and lava) and I think I'll just try to customize my own Solar Suit Supes from some of the many JLU Supermen that I have.

Also, Heels, at WM this morning I found 3 different Superman mini lunch boxes in the Christmas section. they were about $2.97 each - I bought one and can provide a pic if you like. Just thought it was something you might be interested in.

JetsAndHeels
09-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Also, Heels, at WM this morning I found 3 different Superman mini lunch boxes in the Christmas section. they were about $2.97 each - I bought one and can provide a pic if you like. Just thought it was something you might be interested in.

Cool, yeah I would like to see it.

I am going to be making a few stops tomorrow afternoon after I watch the Jets game...I will check for those..thanks again for the heads up.

figrin bran
09-30-2007, 01:38 AM
It's not the greatest pic but here you go, Heels. At least you have some idea of what they look like Walmart Superman mini lunch boxes (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/befc820d.jpg)

JetsAndHeels
09-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Awesome, thanks for the pic.

Nice hand too.

Beast
10-03-2007, 03:53 PM
For those of you eagerly waiting for the upcoming DC Universe Classics line, a list for Series 3-5 showed up at some online retailers. While Mattel has claimed it's an early list and they won't confirm or deny any of the figures listed, it does give an idea of some of the figures they may have planned for next year. :)

Scott Neitlich (aka "Toyguru") reports on another batch of questions & answers from Mattel for us.

TNI: Some retailers have started taking pre-orders for the following waves of DC Universe Classics:

Series 3-
M5704 BATMAN 2
M5705 ATOM
M5706 ROBIN
M5707 BEAST BOY
M5708 DEATHSTROKE

Series 4-
M5709 WONDER WOMAN
M5710 GREEN LANTERN
M5711 SINESTRO
M5712 NIGHTWING
M5713 ARES

Series 5-
M5714 SUPERMAN 2
M5715 MR. MIRACLE
M5716 HAWKMAN
M5717 SHAZAM
M5718 CHARAXES

Can you confirm if these line-ups are accurate?

Mattel: We can tell you as a fact that not a single one of these waves is correct. This is an early early list (one of many actually) that was posted by one of our online retailers. Because it is not correct, we have asked for it to be taken down. Waves will only be confirmed when an official announcement comes from Mattel.
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=11953

BountyHunterScum
10-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Solar Suit Supes (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7384&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Doomsday (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7387&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Lex and Robot (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7385&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Superman (http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=7382&lst=new&cat=ACTION+FIGURES)

Thanks. I might pick up some batman figs and wonder woman figs.

JediTricks
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't think DCD did a very good job with the animated look, but I haven't seen the movie yet.

I bet this new Mattel line doesn't make it to wave 4 there.

Beast
10-12-2007, 08:15 PM
DC Universe Classics Wave 3 (Due May '08) has been announced. No pictures yet.

Nightwing, Robin (Tim Drake), Sinestro, Deathstroke, and Hal Jordan!!

The Build-A-Figure from Series 3 is Solomon Grundy. :)

Pictures of the series are in the December 12th issue of Toyfare. :D