PDA

View Full Version : Superman, Batman & other DC Figures

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

LTBasker
10-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Mattel shouldn't have announced it, I was thinking about buying the Nightwing rerelease that's packed with Clayface and Catwoman (assuming I had ever found the wave). :p

Definitely hoping they're both new sculpts, although they would even be fine with modification - though the Nightwing headsculpt that was on the blue/yellow version was better. Wonder what the variants will be, maybe Stewart as Green Lantern and Grayson as Robin?

Here's hoping it goes: wave 4 - Wonder Woman, wave 5 - Martian Manhunter, wave 6 - the Flash. Though, that would mean Flash wouldn't be out until 2009. >_<

El Chuxter
10-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Holy crap! Aside from Deathstroke (who still looks cool, even if I don't much care for him), that may be THE strongest single wave of superhero figures ever.

Hasbro could take an idea from these guys. A mostly strong wave with an X3 figure that people may or may not want, and some uber-lame character like Yellowjacket is miles behind "the two biggest supporting characters from Batman, the two biggest characters in Green Lantern, and the only semi-cool character involved in Teen Titans who didn't start life as a Batman sidekick--and put them together to make Solomon Grundy"! That is, seriously, the strongest wave I've ever heard of. :love:

Good job, Mattel. If the figures look half as good as the previews, I'm hooked. And I'm not even losing money, since I gave up on Marvel Legends.

figrin bran
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I only have a small collection of DCSH but I definitely want Hal!

DarthBrandon
10-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Looking forward to Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal I hope), Shazam (been waiting for this quite a while now), & Hawkman. If the list pans out.

I hope to find Steel, Blue supergirl & Batgirl from the two pack someday & I hope they put out Green Arrow & Powergirl real quick as well.

evenflow
10-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I really want to buy these figures but dont want to back track to the DC superheroes and probably cant afford another line anyway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Found the whole set of the new Batman figures last week. Very good and I'm digging this batman figure. not the bruce wayne to batman figure mind you, but the Batman figure. :crazed:

LTBasker
10-15-2007, 11:29 PM
The Bruce figure looks decent with all the armor removed, it's good to see even the belt comes off, I may buy it as a "training" Bruce, Mr. Crawford reviewed him and Clayface so you can see the pics there.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101507a.htm

JediTricks
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Spotted the newest wave of The Batman 7" ultra figures (or whatever they're called), but only the ugliest Batman and the boxed Robin with less articulation. WM, naturally. I want to find the other figures in the wave, but so far, nothing - Bane is one of 'em, a regular Bats is supposedly the other (he's buried under a bunch of junk armor). Anybody seen any more of these?

orionlukteel
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Saw Bruce Wayne and Nightwing DCSH today, nice figures but I really don't want to start another line.

Finally saw a single card Zatanna at TRU, could have used my McD's TRU bucks on it but the power went out and the lines at the register were stupid long. DOH!

Also saw the Starman-Flash-Dr. Fate 3 pack and a Justice Lords 3-pack I hadn't seen before. Still no Fire-Ice pack. And if Mr. Miracle is part of a 3-pack, guess I'm looking for that one as well.

figrin bran
10-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Saw Bruce Wayne and Nightwing DCSH today, nice figures but I really don't want to start another line.

Finally saw a single card Zatanna at TRU, could have used my McD's TRU bucks on it but the power went out and the lines at the register were stupid long. DOH!

Also saw the Starman-Flash-Dr. Fate 3 pack and a Justice Lords 3-pack I hadn't seen before. Still no Fire-Ice pack. And if Mr. Miracle is part of a 3-pack, guess I'm looking for that one as well.

Yes, Mr. Miracle will come in a pack with Darkseid and Orion. However, that one and Fire/Ice have not been found yet seemingly.

Crunchynug and Darkagent in the LA finds thread reported seeing the same 2 packs you saw. The Justice Lords one (Hawkgirl, Bats, Supes) was a TRU exclusive last year.

Beast
12-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Here's images of DC Universe Classics - Series III.

The 5th figure is Deathstroke: The Terminator. No pics of him.

As for the BAF, it's still unrevealed but supposedly it's Solomon Grundy.

Beast
12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Guess the BAF of Grundy is more than just a rumor. :D

plasticfetish
12-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Mmmm... nice stuff!!!

RooJay
12-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Aww yeah! Six of my most favorite characters in one handy assortment! That Nightwing looks wicked; way better than the last version Mattel has kept trying to force on us for the past couple years!
Interesting that Hal's outfit (at least as shown here) is the classic Neal Adams version rather than the current design - maybe the chase figure will have that outfit? I'm definitely going to be needing both! They're surely not going to pass up the opportunity to give us the Sinestro Corps version of Sinestro either. As much as I love the classic depiction of Sinestro, I think I actually prefer the modern version. I could see them doing chase variants of both ring slingers.

El Chuxter
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Holy good God, Grundy looks awesome!

The breakdown on these DC figures seems, so far, better than Hasbro's Marvel Legends (or the second half of ToyBiz's run on ML, for that matter). This is a cool BAF, made up of five cool figures. My least favorite in the bunch is Deathstroke, but I don't dislike him, and he's no "Who the hell is that?" not-quite Legend like X23.

(Yeah, I know who X23 is now, but she's not a legend, and I had no clue who she was when I had to buy her to finish Apocalypse.)

Beast
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Someone posted a scan from the same magazine that Grunday came from. Now you can see Deathstroke as well. I'm tempted by the Titans related characters. Can't wait to see the upcoming Beast Boy. Hopefully they'll make a Kid Devil. :D

figrin bran
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
I only own 3 DCSH figures but Hal Jordan will make it 4!

For those that collect the JLU animated figures, the Grodd set is starting to show up at Targets - I found mine last saturday. Plus the Mr. Miracle 3 pack with Darkseid and Orion is starting to show up, also at Targets.

JediTricks
12-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Sinestro & GL look amazing, total winners there. Sinestro has a lantern accessory? Fantastic! And that assures us GL will too (their hand poses lock that in).

Nightwing & Robin look ok, but way too beefy for my tastes, I'll likely pass.

Grundy looks good, I kinda wanted him to be wider like the JLU version, but this works well for what it is.

Deathstroke looks really good, they nailed that figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Nobody of wave 3 interests me, so i'll skip it.

I also got a surprise in the mail today via the UPS: DC Universe wave 1!!!

Pardon the poor picture quality. They look great on my phone, but here they look iffy; it's also due to my iffy monitor; either way, better than nothing. I'm hoping to have better pics posted soon as my bro is in town with his digital camera. :thumbsup:

The current pics don't do the sculpts justice as they're AMAZING. This could be one of my favorite Batman sculpts/figures I've ever had. Very VERY awesome!! This line is off to a VERY great start. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LTBasker
12-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Reviews of the Penguin, Batman and Etrigan up at Michael Crawford's: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122107a.htm

Odd packaging, but I like it alot better than the DCSH packaging, especially the purple card version with the giant star on the bubble; it reminded me too much of Power Rangers.

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 04:19 AM
Looks good so far!

I don't like the packaging though, it makes every figure look very "empty" and seems destined to be crushed. That said, it's WAY better than the current, boring, dark series we've been seeing the past year.

figrin bran
01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Here are pics of the variants for wave 3 of DCUC (http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=454)

I'd love to have that Sinestro Corps Sinestro but I don't think I'll ever find one.

RooJay
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Here are pics of the variants for wave 3 of DCUC (http://actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=454)

I'd love to have that Sinestro Corps Sinestro but I don't think I'll ever find one.

Ooooooooooh! Pretty!!!:love:

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 05:17 AM
Slade Unmasked looks good, but Sinestro Corps Sinestro is too cool. Of course, this is all theoretical as this entire line seems to all be as rare as chase figures.

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I haven't read GL in years, so I might be willing to help y'all look for that version of Sinestro.

You're on you own with Big Jim Slade!

evenflow
01-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I want the Sinestro variant. If i see Slade i'll pick him up.

figrin bran
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Chux, I don't want Slade so I'll get it for you if I come across one.

evenflow
01-05-2008, 08:06 AM
You're on you own with Big Jim Slade!

Great reference.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 05:57 PM
You're on you own with Big Jim Slade!Is that a reference to Kentucky Fried Movie, or the band who borrowed their name from it? Because the capital of Nebraska is Lincoln!

El Chuxter
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
What, me not make a reference to one of the greatest comedies of all time?

"Recuerdo a todos."

orionlukteel
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm piping in late in the game, I know - but I have yet to see a DCSH Red Tornado, sure I'll find one eventually. (I originally thought it was supposed to be a Mr. Miracle)

But I DID find a Mr. Miracle JLU 3-pack, so the Big Barda-Mr. Miracle team is back together again! Now to find a Fire & Ice pack. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I had a great day finding Mattel DC animated figures as I scored an Ice/Fire/GL from Target as well as THE Green Lantern and THE Hawkman (The Batman Shadowtek) from Mervyn's.

Mervyn's also had the DC Fighting Figures (DC Attacktix) and some of the sets looked pretty good though at $8.99 there, I'll wait for TRU and save a dollar. I'll bet Jets&Heels will want the Superman/Darkseid set.

JetsAndHeels
01-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Mervyn's also had the DC Fighting Figures (DC Attacktix) and some of the sets looked pretty good though at $8.99 there, I'll wait for TRU and save a dollar. I'll bet Jets&Heels will want the Superman/Darkseid set.

Yeah, I definately want the Supes/Darkseid. Is target going to have these? I ask because the closest TRU to me is over an hour away.

JediTricks
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I saw DCSH '60s Batman and Penguin at Target on Friday. The new packaging looks better but kinda seems "empty" too. At $10, I decided I didn't need either - Bats was close, but 1 had horrible paint damage and the other had perfect paint but another Mattel screwed-up pin-hinge.

TheRealDubya
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Bats was close, but 1 had horrible paint damage and the other had perfect paint but another Mattel screwed-up pin-hinge.

Yeah, the paint's been getting bum reviews all over. I picked up the 60's Batman on Tuesday, and I really, really like it. Great sculpt and paint scheme.

Is it just me, or are these DC Heroes really hard to find? I always see the heroes (Batman, Supes) but never the villains. Scalpers, I suppose -- or the figures are just selling very well.

JediTricks
01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
My guess is scalpers plus low shipping at this point.

Beast
01-17-2008, 04:54 PM
My guess is scalpers plus low shipping at this point.
Yeah, Wal-Mart opted not to carry the line at all after all.

JetsAndHeels
01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Is it just me, or are these DC Heroes really hard to find? I always see the heroes (Batman, Supes) but never the villains.

You aren't kidding, finding the villain figures has been a real hassle for me. I was able to get the brainiac robot, lex in armor, but not the Darkseid. I looked forever for that one, never to see it. Luckily JMG hooked me up with one.

TheRealDubya
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
You aren't kidding, finding the villain figures has been a real hassle for me. I was able to get the brainiac robot, lex in armor, but not the Darkseid. I looked forever for that one, never to see it. Luckily JMG hooked me up with one.

Lex and Braniac are the only two I have gotten as well; saw Mongul and Parasite, but passed. Wanted a Darkseid bad. Watching eBay for a loose one...

The Catwoman, BTW, was a sweet figure, as was Killer Croc. Might have to track those down as well. Can't wait to see if we get Mr. Miracle, Green Arrow, Shazam and Dr. Fate.

JetsAndHeels
01-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh shoot, I forgot about Mongul. I got him too.

evenflow
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I still need a bunch of figures as well. I never found a Two-Face and still need a Blue Supergirl, Batgirl, and Mr. Freeze. I never got a Scarecrow either.

LTBasker
01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Personally, I'm still needing:

Killer Croc (MOMC - x1)
Two-Face x1
Batgirl x1
Batman/Batgirl 2-pack x1
Knight Shadow Batman x2
Clayface x2
Catwoman x2
Joker (Giant Hammer) x2
Bruce-to-Batman x2
Batman (Grey) x2
Black suit Superman x1

And any of DCUC series 1, haven't seen them at all. Man...that's alot, someone shoot me. >_<

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 02:07 PM
How the **** does Mattel stay in business, much less as #1 toymaker in the world? They can't even get Wal-mart to carry their DC line when they carry tons of the Marvel Legends line!

TheRealDubya
01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
How the **** does Mattel stay in business, much less as #1 toymaker in the world? They can't even get Wal-mart to carry their DC line when they carry tons of the Marvel Legends line!

Barbie and Batman.

figrin bran
01-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Hot Wheels!

TheRealDubya
01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Picked up the Demon at Target yesterday. Very cool figure but the paint app was sloppy.

JediTricks
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
It ain't Batman, I think Bran hit in on the head with "Hot Wheels", as well as your claim of Barbie.

DarthBrandon
01-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Personally, I'm still needing:

Killer Croc (MOMC - x1)
Two-Face x1
Batgirl x1
Batman/Batgirl 2-pack x1
Knight Shadow Batman x2
Clayface x2
Catwoman x2
Joker (Giant Hammer) x2
Bruce-to-Batman x2
Batman (Grey) x2
Black suit Superman x1

And any of DCUC series 1, haven't seen them at all. Man...that's alot, someone shoot me. >_<

Glad I'm not the only one missing these, that's what happens when you release the first & 2nd waves waaaaaaaaaaaay toooooooooo muccccccccccch.

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Big Lots here in town used to have a few black suit supes. I would recommend checking those if you have one nearby.

figrin bran
01-29-2008, 09:36 PM
If anyone is thinking about picking up any of the Fighting Figures, please do reconsider! They have some articulation but it's all geared up the play feature for that particular figure. The paint jobs can be quite shoddy - my Darkseid was okay but Supes wasn't.

For $8, I'm sure you could find much better uses for your money. The characters that are holding guns look really ridiculous as they made the guns exaggerated just like Attacktix.

TheRealDubya
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
If anyone is thinking about picking up any of the Fighting Figures, please do reconsider! They have some articulation but it's all geared up the play feature for that particular figure. The paint jobs can be quite shoddy - my Darkseid was okay but Supes wasn't.

For $8, I'm sure you could find much better uses for your money. The characters that are holding guns look really ridiculous as they made the guns exaggerated just like Attacktix.

Yup, saw them and passed. I wish they would re-release some of the older figures from the mainline like Darkseid, Joker and Catwoman, ala Super Powers. Having just gotten into this line, I'd love to have another shot at some of the earlier releases. Having only 5 or 6 available at a time kind of stinks.

figrin bran
02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I saw the 2nd stocking of DCUC wave 1 at many of my local stores today. From Walmart, I picked up THE Batman Superman and Martian Manhunter. I just need Flash to complete my THE Batman Justice Leaguers. Interestingly enough, Hawkman turned out the best of the bunch - the wings are rather large and make him look quite imposing.

General_Grievous
02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Okay, why is Mattel AWOL at Toy Fair? All I've been able to find are three images from the Dark Knight line.

Beast
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Okay, why is Mattel AWOL at Toy Fair? All I've been able to find are three images from the Dark Knight line.
They're not AWOL. It seems they scheduled most of the press for Today. :)

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/021708nytfdcuniverse.html

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/021808jlu.html

JediTricks
02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Steve has some coverage up at AF: http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2680

I dunno what this is, it seems to be a Bruce Wayne car that transforms, but I love it so damn much, must own now!!!
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21006
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21281
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21284
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21283
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21282
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21285

El Chuxter
02-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Man, you just like anything that resembles a Transformer, don't you, JT? You must be a huge Lou Reed fan. :crazed:

:D

Are the DCU Classics shown in several different scales? If not, there's a strange mix of preposing and articulation.

RooJay
02-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Dude, I am all over the 3 3/4" DCU line! Especially with all the generic characters thrown into the mix - I'll be building an entire Gotham City PD unit for sure!

figrin bran
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Regarding the 3.75" DC Infinite Heroes line, I know those were just prototypes shown, and in some cases hastily slapped together protos with no articulation whatsoever but I hope that the final products turn out sharper than what we see here. If the sculpts are decent and there's no glossiness, I'll buy tons of figures from this line.

TheRealDubya
02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Dude, I am all over the 3 3/4" DCU line! Especially with all the generic characters thrown into the mix - I'll be building an entire Gotham City PD unit for sure!

No doubt. Figrin has it nailed -- if these look good and the paint apps are non-glossy, I am all over these.

JediTricks
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Man, you just like anything that resembles a Transformer, don't you, JT?WRONG! I like cars that have movable parts, a la MASK. And your lame "Lou Reed Transformer" joke fell flat because nobody likes Lou Reed. :p

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21198AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

RooJay
02-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Regarding the 3.75" DC Infinite Heroes line, I know those were just prototypes shown, and in some cases hastily slapped together protos with no articulation whatsoever but I hope that the final products turn out sharper than what we see here. If the sculpts are decent and there's no glossiness, I'll buy tons of figures from this line.

Looks to me like they rushed a bunch of untooled mock-ups to show at Toy Fair. they probably won't be as detailed as the larger line, but I'm betting the finished product will look quite a bit cooler than what they've already shown (if Mattel knows what's good for them.)

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
And your lame "Lou Reed Transformer" joke fell flat because nobody likes Lou Reed. :p

That's where you're backwards. Everyone likes Lou Reed except you.

It's the Little Willies' best song, yo.

Rocketboy
02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Good God, the chicks in this 3 3/4 line are stacked more than any chick in a 90's image comic!

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=21198That's the "BOT WTF DSL Supergirl."

TheRealDubya
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Read some more details about the Infinite Heroes line in an interview with Mattel's Scott Neitlich:

-- The figures will average 12 points of articulation.
-- The line is collector oriented.
-- First wave includes Shazam!, Adam Strange, Manhunter Robots, Gotham PD Members.
-- There will be singles, 3 packs and 6 packs (the latter being TRU exclusives.)
-- These will hit retail the first week of July.

figrin bran
03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
DCUC wave 2 has been found up in Oregon (Target) so be on the lookout!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-07-2008, 08:26 AM
i was in Columbus, OH last night to see the Kids in the Hall and I spotted Firestorm (regular version) at a local Meijer store. They had none of the other wave 2 figures and when they did an item check, none of the other stores in the area had anything either. I hit a few stores on the way home and nothing.

I'm almost kind of concerned as the stores in my area and even from what I saw in California and Columbus are overflowing with leftovers from wave 1. I think this'll make the wait longer for wave 2, but we can hope. :thumbsup:

RooJay
04-08-2008, 01:32 AM
I live in CA and the line seems for the most part to sell through pretty quickly. I already have all of series 2 (except, oddly enough, for the regular version of Firestorm - scored the variant right along side all the others) a couple weeks before Easter. Most of the local retailers seem to be restocking and selling through regularly on the series 1 assortment; series 2 just seems to have not yet hit full force.

evenflow
04-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Lightray (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=576#more-576)

He looks pretty cool. I wouldnt have picked him for a figure but i will pick him up.

RooJay
04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Cool! So does that make three figures along with Wonder Woman and Cyborg for the next announced assortment? Wonder why all the secrecy? I had expected them to show the rest of the year's offerings at Toy Fair, but we only got to see the two.

figrin bran
04-15-2008, 10:45 AM
They're being secretive so that they can save everything for New York and San Diego comic con announcements.

The gold accents are nicely done on Lightray but he's still not a character that really interests me and thus, not a figure I'd plop down $10 for.

RooJay
04-16-2008, 01:15 AM
I can see how that kind of makes sense in a way - saving the reveal for the fans rather than wasting it on the buyers at Toy Fair (who've never really seemed to care either way, in my opinion.)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Pics of two of the WATCHMEN movie figures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nite Owl and Rorschach. I love them. I just hope Rorschach comes with multiple heads! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Two more will be unveiled along with these two at the NY CC this weekend.

plasticfetish
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Pics of two of the WATCHMEN movie figures!Wow! Those look great. (I haven't read that book in ages. I'll have to dig up a copy now.)

El Chuxter
04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't know that I'm willing to jump into another action figure line, but those look sweet. Okay, I might have to get Rorschach and Comedian. It is Watchmen, after all.

figrin bran
04-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Another DCUC figure has been revealed

DCUC Amazo (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=598#more-598)

RooJay
04-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Awesome! Just a few thoughts, though:
1 - I was hoping he'd be done as a BAF. He's usually depicted in recent years as being quite on the larger side; this version's perfectly acceptable to me, but I might have liked him to tower over the Justice League.

2 - Why on earth we he have that weird notch on his upper back? Maybe the body was designed for Hawkman (an anchor point for the wings?) and for whatever reason they decided to reuse it for Amazo there?

3 - Is he missing the mid-thigh joint we've all become so accustomed to, or is that just a really well assembled prototype and it just doesn't show in the picture?

Beast
04-19-2008, 12:01 PM
News from TNI:

2008 NYCC - Mattel and DC panel
by James in Mattel at 12:24 PM on 2008.04.19

Scott Knightly lead a panel today at the 2008 New York Comic Con. He is the DC brand manager for Mattel. Other panelists included two of the Four Horsemen - Eric and Corn Boy, Michelle Rubin of DC and Julia Montoya of Mattel. Slides were shown of some upcoming DC products, but no photography was allowed.

Brown Manbat will be out in 2009.

DCUC - sculpted by the Four Horsemen

There will be 6 waves total in 2008.

Wave 4 will include - Cyborg, Batman Beyond, Captain Atom, Wonder Woman and very large looking badass named Ares. The BAF is Despero, who will include several accessories and stands at 8 1/2 inches. Variants will be Artemis and a gold Captain Atom.

There will be a bonus wave of DCUC, available exclusively at Walmart, but not to panic - it will be shipping throughout the year, so it should be easy to find. Mattel is trying to secure international shipping, so overseas collectors won't be left out. It will be available in the Fall.

The Walmart wave features Amazo, Atom, Riddler (in his business suit), Eradicator and Black Lightening (shaved head version). The BAF is Metallo.

Wave 6 will be available in late Fall. 3 characters were shown - Hawkman (who will have some wing articulation), Superman (in his black suit and hippy hair) and Mr. Miracle.

Coming this August the first wave of Toys R Us exclusive 2-packs will ship. Wave one has Batgirl and Azreal; Light Ray and Orion (with removable helmet).

There will be a DCUC San Diego Comic Con exclusive - Lobo and his Dog! Lobo will have weapons and chains. He will be 7 1/2 inches tall.

Infinite Heroes - Mattel's new 3 3/4 scale line

There will be 54 figures in all released in 2008, including both singles with chases, 2-packs, 6-packs and a TRU exclusive 8-pack.

The Singles Wave 1, due in August, has - Adam strange, Black Adam, Black Hand, Guy Gardner, Zoom, Atom (modern version) and Shazam.

The 3-Pack Wave 1 will be Commissoner Gordon and 2 SWAT agents; Flash, Mirror Master and Weather Wizard.

Dark Knight Movie figures -

There will be basic and deluxe figures in the 5 inch scale. The Movie Masters line will be in the 6 inch scale. The first 3, already shown at Toy Fair 2008 will be out before SDCC and the second 3 will be revealed at SDCC. The first three are Batman, with maskless chase, Joker and Henchman.

Justice League Unlimited

JLU will be a Target exclusive going forward, but Mattel is looking for international distribution for them. There will be 16 new characters, along with various repaints. The line will have singles, 3-packs and 6-packs.

Wave 1 of the singles will have Batman, Superman, Kilowag, Star Girl and Hawkman.

Wave 1 of the 3-packs are Superman, Huntress and Galacta; Green Lantern, Supergirl and Captain Atom.

Wave 1 of the 6-packs is rerelease of the Grodd pack with all new, show accurate paint decos. The set includes Flash, Red Hood, Grodd, Batman, Superman and Lex Luthor.

Wave 2 of the 6-packs is a set of Atomic Skull, Silver Banshee, KGBeast, The Key, Shadow Thief and Batman.

There will be a SDCC exclusive - Giganta! She will include a two up giant size as well as a regular sized version of Giganta. They will be available for $20 at the Mattel booth, which will be taking credit cards this summer.

DC Super Friends - Mattel's kid friendly PVC line

This will be out in June and will have Aquaman, Cyborg and Hawkman. There will also be a My First Batwing vehicle with Batman figure available.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Batman Beyond? Lobo with his dog (and, hopefully, his hawg)? Eradicator? Comic-accurate black-suit Superman?

This line is officially so much cooler than Marvel Legends, and I don't even collect half of it!

Beast
04-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Glad you like them. I'm not a DC fan at all.

Might pick up the Titans characters when they do them.

El Chuxter
04-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Funny, in spite of how I might seem now, I was always a FAR bigger fan of Marvel than DC. However, I worshipped the "Holy Trinity" of Batman, Flash, and Superman (I always thought Wonder Woman was a silly character). The DCU figures seem to be better choices overall than the Marvel Legends, leaning heavily toward those characters and their rogues galleries, with a healthy smattering of JLA, Titans, and New Gods characters tossed in.

Marvel Legends could've made a mint by producing X-Men-related characters for a full 75% of each wave, never run out of possibilities, and never have had to repeat a single character (even Wolverine). We never got a lot of pretty important X-Men characters, which may or may not be made in the future. (It looks like the focus has gone toward current storylines, so it's "depowered" mutants seem even less likely. I would've killed for a Jubilee. I couldn't care less about a Wondra, even if she is supposedly the same character.)

Beast
04-19-2008, 07:57 PM
There's pics from Mattel up now at both Fwoosh and Action Figs.

Have to say, everything looks great. Even if I'm not huge on DC figures.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3000

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=911&Itemid=93

plasticfetish
04-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Everything does look great. Those New Gods figures are Kirby-licious!

figrin bran
04-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I can't see the Fwoosh pics because I'm not a member there but I happen to think that our very own Steve takes better photos than any of the other sites. His close ups are much better and seem to have better lighting.

Anyhow, I'll still be very, very selective about which DCUC figures I buy - Bats Beyond is a definite buy but a teenage Terry McGinnis shouldn't be that muscular. For the animated line, I'm buying everything!

Beast
04-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Steve didn't take as many pics. And missed some of the lines.

But I agree, some of his pics are really good.

I just hope that Titans are represented in the 3 3/4" line.

RooJay
04-20-2008, 02:18 AM
Bats Beyond is a definite buy but a teenage Terry McGinnis shouldn't be that muscular. For the animated line, I'm buying everything!

That'd be the Batman Beyond from the comics where he's actually been shown a little later on than as seen in the series and is that muscular. For the animated version, your best bet is going to be the JLU line, if they ever manage to get around to him.

DarkArtist
04-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the new Dark Knight line was also going to be released in a 3 3/4 scale. does anyone know if this is true, or is it just a pipe dream. I think I read it in Toyfare magazine.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the new Dark Knight line was also going to be released in a 3 3/4 scale. does anyone know if this is true, or is it just a pipe dream. I think I read it in Toyfare magazine.

the action figure line for kids is going to be that size (like the BB line) but the collector oriented line is gonna be 6''.

figrin bran
04-21-2008, 12:56 AM
That'd be the Batman Beyond from the comics where he's actually been shown a little later on than as seen in the series and is that muscular. For the animated version, your best bet is going to be the JLU line, if they ever manage to get around to him.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Terry being bulkier in his JLU appearance in the "Epilogue" episode.

RooJay
04-22-2008, 02:11 AM
You know, I've been thinkin' - we know that Anthony Michael Hall is in Dark Knight, we all know that his part is being kept secret, and we've all heard the rumors that he's playing Riddler. What if - and this may just be a shot in the dark here - what if he's the guy under the mask of the Joker Goon character, and on top of that what if that character is actually Edward Nigma? What if he's an acolyte of the Joker in this film who's intended to break out on his own as Riddler in the possible sequel? I think that could be kind of cool!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
You know, I've been thinkin' - we know that Anthony Michael Hall is in Dark Knight, we all know that his part is being kept secret, and we've all heard the rumors that he's playing Riddler. What if - and this may just be a shot in the dark here - what if he's the guy under the mask of the Joker Goon character, and on top of that what if that character is actually Edward Nigma? What if he's an acolyte of the Joker in this film who's intended to break out on his own as Riddler in the possible sequel? I think that could be kind of cool!

That sounds like a pretty solid idea Roo. I don't know if that would work though as I would think that (from viewing the prologue) the Joker really doesn't deal well with his cohorts. I'm kinda hoping that there will be multiple goons too, just for variety's sake.

I scored a Red and Blue Superman off e-bay for 10 each, which I was pretty pumped about. In my area, only Targets and TRU really carry DCU and TRU actually got more cases of wave 1!

All I need is Harley Quinn and i'll be done till the WM wave. :thumbsup:

Beast
04-25-2008, 10:03 PM
According to CSC, here's the case ratios for the 3 3/4" Infinite Heroes line.
They'll be released in 12 figure cases. Note that this subject to change.
Quite a few in the later waves that we haven't even heard of as of yet.

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 1:
2x Black Hand
2x Captain Marvel
2x Adam Strange
2x Professor Zoom
2x The Atom
2x Guy Gardner

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 2:
2x Hush
1x Black Hand
1x Captain Marvel
1x Adam Strange
1x Guy Gardner
2x Black Adam
2x Qwardian Soldier
2x Manhunter Robot

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 3:
1x Black Hand
1x Captain Marvel
1x The Atom
1x Black Adam
1x Qwardian Soldier
1x Manhunter Robot
2x Batwoman
2x The Question
2x Wildcat

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 4:
1x Professor Zoom
1x Guy Gardner
1x Black Adam
1xQwardian Soldier
1x Batwoman
1x The Question
2x Star Sapphire
2x Power Girl
2x Batman

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 5:
1x Hush
1x Adam Strange
1x Professor Zoom
1x The Atom
1x Black Adam
1x Qwardian Soldier
1x Batwoman
1x Star Sapphire
2x Power Girl
2x Batman

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 6:
1x Manhunter Robot
1x The Question
1x Wildcat
1x Star Sapphire
1x Power Girl
1x Batman
2x Dr. Fate
2x Black Lightning
2x Scarecrow

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 7:
1x Captain Marvel
1x Adam Strange
1x Professor Zoom
1x The Atom
1x Wildcat
1x Power Girl
1x Batman
2x Dr. Fate
2x Black Lightning
1x The Spectre

Infinite Heroes - Assortment 8:
1x Batwoman
2x Batman
3x Joker
3x Nightwing
3x Scarecrow

Of course the plan for the year is....

54 figures in 2008 (Singles Will Have Chase Figures!)
There'll also be an Arch Enemy 3-Packs, 6-Packs, and a Deluxe 8-Pack at TRU.

3 Pack Examples:
GCPD: Commisioner Gordon and 2 GCPD officers
Flash: Flash, Mirror Master, and Weather Wizard

figrin bran
04-27-2008, 08:41 PM
I finally found an Aquaman from DCUC wave 2. At that particular Target location, they've had wave 1 on the pegs for weeks now but having sold out of Iron Man figures, they moved the wave 1 DCUC over to the IM endcap and that left room for wave 2.

JediTricks
04-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Those case assortments look like retail death, way to go Mattel! Once again, smooth move.

DarkArtist
05-02-2008, 08:24 PM
spotted the first waves of Batman The Dark Knight at TRU in East Brunswick today. no sign of the Joker figure from the deluxe line or the variant chase of Christian Bale/Batman. the figure looked amazing but not digging the large masks that are included in the figures however I am intrigued by the Gotham City Police Department Evidence files that are included with the figures.

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 05:22 PM
They had the basic figures at my local TRU, very simplistic designs and half the figures are from the first movie's body. The accessories are especially lousy too. And the Joker's sculpt is painfully simple.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-05-2008, 08:24 AM
I've been pretty lucky with the MM figures around here. I just need one Joker goon with one of the five variant big clown masks and the chase Bruce Wayne, which is a PAIN IN THE A--. I went through NINE cases last night/this morning and NOTHING.

Such a headache.

DarkArtist
05-06-2008, 10:45 PM
picked up the deluxe Batman and Joker from the Dark Knight series. The Joker looks good, love the playing card and mini evidence bags. not sure why the Joker's goon and Batman come with jumbo copies of their masks, would rather have seen some other kind of evidence be included with the figures.

Batman's detail is amazing, have him and the Joker sitting on my desk by my computer at work.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-08-2008, 04:47 PM
picked up the deluxe Batman and Joker from the Dark Knight series. The Joker looks good, love the playing card and mini evidence bags. not sure why the Joker's goon and Batman come with jumbo copies of their masks, would rather have seen some other kind of evidence be included with the figures.

Batman's detail is amazing, have him and the Joker sitting on my desk by my computer at work.

Glad you picked them up, DA! I had good luck over the weekend with a few extra Jokers/Batmans, four of the five goon mask variants and my dad found the fifth mask variant and he also found the CHASE FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pretty excited. :thumbsup: So, i'm totally caught up on wave 1.

K-Mart.com has this 3 pack on their site. Not out yet; i'm guessing summer/fall? I REALLY like that Scarcrow figure though!!

I picked up an extra Joker to customize; anybody have any suggestions with what kind of paint to use, brands, etc, etc? :thumbsup:

LTBasker
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I made a hi-res version awhile ago by piecing it together in photoshop from the K-mart's page max. zoom.

Small: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/4HScarecrowSmall.jpg
Largest version: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/4HScarecrowLarge.jpg

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Glad you picked them up, DA! I had good luck over the weekend with a few extra Jokers/Batmans, four of the five goon mask variants and my dad found the fifth mask variant and he also found the CHASE FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was pretty excited. :thumbsup: So, i'm totally caught up on wave 1.

K-Mart.com has this 3 pack on their site. Not out yet; i'm guessing summer/fall? I REALLY like that Scarcrow figure though!!

I picked up an extra Joker to customize; anybody have any suggestions with what kind of paint to use, brands, etc, etc? :thumbsup:

JMG, most people that make custom figures use cheapie acrylic paint brands like Apple Barrel, Delta Ceramcoat, Folk Art. These should be available at your local WM. Assuming that all you'll be doing is repainting the Joker figure, it's best to prep the figure first by spraying either Krylon Acrylic Primer (white or grey) or Testors Dullcote. That gives the paint something to adhere to otherwise when it dries, it peels off very easily. LMK if you have any other questions.

JediTricks
05-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Found the MM Batman figure at WM earlier in the week. I don't really care for the new movie's costume, but this is a decent figure of it. The Mattel QC on it wasn't so great though, I had to be picky about eye paint, and I got a defective hip on mine (at first I thought the peg was stuck and breaking, but it turned out it's just too loose). I don't really like the cape that much, but it fits with the DC Superheroes line - still, I don't see how it's worth $12, Hasbro Rewards check for my other purchases helped offset that at least. They should REALLY have included some batarangs with this figure, it screams for accessories.

I also picked up the Secret Attack Car or whatever it's called. It comes with 2 figures, Bruce and Bats, they're 4" figures and Mattel's got a good start but these are somewhat behind the times - especially the ultra-straight plain arms on Bruce. The vehicle is horribly overpriced at $26, I like the gimmick where it slides the wheels and fenders and bumpers out, but this is a $15 toy at most, it's small. There's 2 variations of it, one with dark gray metallic color and one silver, I went with the darker as it just seemed more bats. The cheap gold plastic inside doesn't look great but it's got a fun transformation and the cheesy slide-away Bruce figure. I don't like the goofy lighting-bolt headlights though, but the rest carries well. Oh, and there's one really weird choice, when the door sides fold down, there's a molded sculpt of Bats driving the car, it lines up with his head even but it's dumb, now he's less armored.

WTF is with this movie packaging? That's got to be the ugliest, most non-descript piece of design ever! What were they thinking with this theme, it seems so incomplete!

El Chuxter
05-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I will agree with you on the movie toy packaging.

JetsAndHeels
05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I also picked up the Secret Attack Car or whatever it's called. It comes with 2 figures, Bruce and Bats, they're 4" figures and Mattel's got a good start but these are somewhat behind the times - especially the ultra-straight plain arms on Bruce. The vehicle is horribly overpriced at $26, I like the gimmick where it slides the wheels and fenders and bumpers out, but this is a $15 toy at most, it's small. There's 2 variations of it, one with dark gray metallic color and one silver, I went with the darker as it just seemed more bats. The cheap gold plastic inside doesn't look great but it's got a fun transformation and the cheesy slide-away Bruce figure. I don't like the goofy lighting-bolt headlights though, but the rest carries well. Oh, and there's one really weird choice, when the door sides fold down, there's a molded sculpt of Bats driving the car, it lines up with his head even but it's dumb, now he's less armored.

Isn't that the one you were excited about earlier? I think I remember when someone showed the pic of it....I thought it looked pretty cool. Guess it isn't worth the pricetag that comes with it.

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah, that was the one I was excited about, and it's not like it failed me or something, I just didn't expect it to be such a smaller scale. Honestly, it comes with 2 full figures (4") of main characters, the vehicle's size is around $15, so it's not like it's totally outlandish to be $26, it's just a little overpriced. I wouldn't say DON'T buy it based on my lack of enthusiasm, I just can't give it a big Kit Fisto grin when I say I bought it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
I have an extra BLUE SUPERMAN if anybody needs it. HOWEVER, at this point I only want to trade for Harley Quinn as this wave has barely made it into the ohio region, if at all. thanks! :thumbsup:

Beast
05-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Another figure from DC Universe Classics Wave 6 has been revealed. Kalibak!

He'll join Mister Miracle, Hawkman, and Recovery Suit Superman. :)

No word on who the final figure in the wave is, or who the C&C figure is.

figrin bran
05-26-2008, 11:56 PM
Maybe Kalibak is the C&C figure?

Beast
05-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Maybe Kalibak is the C&C figure?
It's possible. But honestly, I think he could be single carded easily.

evenflow
05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I really hope he is not the C&C figure for the wave because i want him to have a Super Powers variant. I wish they would have went with a version closer to that figure.

RooJay
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
If he's being produced in comic accurate dimensions, he'd almost have to be the Collect and Connect figure.

JediTricks
06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Isn't that the one you were excited about earlier? I think I remember when someone showed the pic of it....I thought it looked pretty cool. Guess it isn't worth the pricetag that comes with it.So it turns out Wal-mart just ripped me off for $7 is all. I saw it at Target the other day for $19.98, and at that price it's reasonable (it's got 2 figures and transforms) if not fantastic.

DarkArtist
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
found some of the smaller 4" playsets for The Dark Knight Collection. spotted the Tumbler and the Bat-Binker sets today at Target in Milltown NJ. picked up the Tumbler for $9.99. it's pretty cool vehicle for this scale. have it displayed with my Microman Batman Begins figure.

on another note I spotted the TRU exclusive Batman & Robin 2 pack today and east brunswick and found a variant version that I have never seen before. Instead of the "Tim Drake" Robin Costume, they had a new sculpted Robin figure whose outfit was a blue and silver combo as well as the cape. I took a pic of it with my camera phone so when I get a chance I'll upload it.

JediTricks
06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
What's a Bat-Binker?

The tumbler looks way tiny in this scale, at $10 you can't say too much bad about it but I definitely prefer the 5" line version.

They've had that blue Robin 2pack for a few months, I have no idea what they're on about there, and I didn't notice that it was a new sculpt.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2008, 07:00 PM
What's a Bat-Binker?

That is where Batman teams up with Jar Jar Binks and they ride an eopie into Gotham City.

RUSHBOY
06-19-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm still looking for the Aquaman figure from wave 2 the short hair one !!
Also I cant wait until the wave 3 Green Lantern comes out that's a must have !!
:whip:

DarkArtist
06-19-2008, 08:24 PM
my bad it's supposed to be Bat-Bunker. here's the pic anyway of the Robin figure.

JediTricks
06-20-2008, 03:39 PM
"Bat-binker" sounds funnier than bat-bunker. :p

Thanks for the shot, it does look like a new head mold at least, hadn't noticed that before. The colors will make me not buy it though.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Mattel may be producing a "Reign of the Supermen" Superboy figure:

BatmanYTB.com report that Mattel could potentially release a "Reign of the Supermen" Superboy action figure, although it's unlikely he'll be called "Superboy" due to legal reasons.

Q: When Wave 6 of the DCUC hits, we will have 3/4s of the Reign of the Supermen figures. With the current lawsuit involving Superboy, does that halt any plans for a "Superboy" figure? Can you use the name "Kon-El" or "Conner Kent" instead?

A: We have the visual rights to all of these characters even if not called "Superboy". The Reign of the Supermen version could potentially be released as a "Superman's Teenage Clone" action figure.

JediTricks
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
That's wacky! But I always dug him, have a few figures of him even, and this should be cool.

evenflow
06-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Well i want all 4 figures and had no idea about a dispute over superboy. Anyone have details? Glad that they can make him.

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Evenflow,

The dispute over the Superboy character basically began when the rights were granted to Jerry Siegel's wife and daughter. Warner Brothers wanted the rights, but were denied. If memory serves me right, this case basically meant that as of 2004, the Siegels were entitled to the Superboy name and no other entity could use it without their permission. There was actually some debate about whether or not "Smallville" violated those rights.

I think that pretty much sums it up. It is basically more legal mumbo-jumbo and a mess of red tape.

RooJay
06-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Q: When Wave 6 of the DCUC hits, we will have 3/4s of the Reign of the Supermen figures.

Who's this "we"?! I still have yet to see the Cyborg Superman anywhere near a retail establishment.

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Who's this "we"?! I still have yet to see the Cyborg Superman anywhere near a retail establishment.

The "we" represents the consumers. I have not seen a Cyborg Superman either.

JediTricks
06-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Target had the 4" Batman: The Dark Knight figures in. They're sold in 2packs, every one of 'em has the same Batman figure also found in the sports car and 2 folding playsets, but with paint additions (and surprisingly, they are more subtle and less insulting than the 5" line!). There's the same Bruce Wayne from the sports car, Joker, Scarecrow, and a Joker Thug - though the thug 2pack was nowhere to be seen.

RUSHBOY
06-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Target had the 4" Batman: The Dark Knight figures in. They're sold in 2packs, every one of 'em has the same Batman figure also found in the sports car and 2 folding playsets, but with paint additions (and surprisingly, they are more subtle and less insulting than the 5" line!). There's the same Bruce Wayne from the sports car, Joker, Scarecrow, and a Joker Thug - though the thug 2pack was nowhere to be seen.

I saw those at my local Target also ! I ended up getting the batman and joker 2 pack ! The paint job on the joker was pretty sloppy on some of them.

JediTricks
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I looked at 1 Joker, seemed exactly on par with the 5" version which I'm not impressed by, but I didn't notice its paint was really bad or anything, just no better than the regular one.

RooJay
06-25-2008, 01:07 AM

Please note that the above post was rhetorical in nature, and was intended as sarcastic in nature in light of the poor distribution of the Cyborg Superman figure at retail. Way I hear tell, almost nobody has seen a Cyborg Superman.

RooJay
06-25-2008, 01:10 AM
I almost bought a 4" Batman/Joker 2-pack tonight, but I was extremely disappointed in Joker as well that he looks like an exact duplicate of the 5" version, which sadly does not match up with the Joker's look from the movie very well at all.:(

JetsAndHeels
06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Please note that the above post was rhetorical in nature, and was intended as sarcastic in nature in light of the poor distribution of the Cyborg Superman figure at retail. Way I hear tell, almost nobody has seen a Cyborg Superman.

I understood what you were saying. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I have yet to see a Cyborg Superman at retail either.

RooJay
06-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Woah! Have you guys seen this?! Hot Toys is producing a 1/6th scale Dark Knight Batmobile! The Batpod's pretty cool, too! I'm thinking I might take out a loan - that thing is frikkin' wicked!http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/003517.php

Beast
06-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Woah! Have you guys seen this?! Hot Toys is producing a 1/6th scale Dark Knight Batmobile! The Batpod's pretty cool, too! I'm thinking I might take out a loan - that thing is frikkin' wicked!http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/003517.php
Yeah. It's crazy expensive and only available in Japan.

El Chuxter
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I saw a Cyborg Superman for sale once.

I scoffed at the $80 sign.

Beast
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
The final carded 3 3/4" Infinite Heroes figures turned out pretty nice.

I'll probably just collect the Titans and related characters though.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=711

I have to say though, the Starfire and Raven figures in the three pack are great.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2008_4/IH1starfire3pack.jpg

RooJay
06-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Yeah. It's crazy expensive and only available in Japan.

Unless of course you're inclined to purchase one from BigBadToyStore:

http://http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10146&mode=retail

Cheaper than I thought - only $739.99!:thumbsup::sad:

The final carded 3 3/4" Infinite Heroes figures turned out pretty nice.

I'll probably just collect the Titans and related characters though.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=711

I have to say though, the Starfire and Raven figures in the three pack are great.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2008_4/IH1starfire3pack.jpg

That packaging is amazingly cool! Still, I would've liked it if the Four Horsemen could've sculpted these ones as well - they look a little soft on the detail. I'm a sucker for the DC Heroes and this scale, so I'm almost certain to collect this line as well.

evenflow
06-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Evenflow,

The dispute over the Superboy character basically began when the rights were granted to Jerry Siegel's wife and daughter. Warner Brothers wanted the rights, but were denied. If memory serves me right, this case basically meant that as of 2004, the Siegels were entitled to the Superboy name and no other entity could use it without their permission. There was actually some debate about whether or not "Smallville" violated those rights.

I think that pretty much sums it up. It is basically more legal mumbo-jumbo and a mess of red tape.

Thanks for the Info!

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh man, I need that Hot Toys Batmobile sooooo bad! More pics: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=66&pid=377

$739 is cheaper than I expected really, but well beyond what I can afford. Still, if I were ever to buy something that expensive for frivolity, that would absolutely be it.

corleone
06-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Ive got them all.

Where did you get them all. I was looking for that stuff. I was quite diffucult to find nowadays.

DarkArtist
06-29-2008, 10:00 AM
picked up the 4 inch Batman and Joker 2 pack from Target the other day. I think I'm going to pass on getting the playsets but will keep my eyes out for the camo version of the Tumbler since it is a military vehicle and might look good in a GI Joe display, maybe a background vehicle in a Joe motorpool or something.

JediTricks
06-29-2008, 03:58 PM
So, TRU has a deal where if you preorder the "Stealth Launch Batmobile" from them, depositing $5, you get a free Batman mask (which they're selling for $10 separately, and looks REALLY bad). I looked up the vehicle, and it's a major spoiler, one which I had been guessing all along about... well, if I say any more, it'll spoil it. But it looks overpriced at $28 and lame all around, looks kinda fat and the figure is dedicated (sculpted into the vehicle) so it's not even a figure-interacting toy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Thank you, Sweet Infant 6 pd. 8 ounce Baby Jesus. Found this lil' gem at Meijer while hunting on sunday night. They had the rest of hte wave, including the long hair Aquaman, which i should have picked up and made some $$ from. Gotta pay those bills. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
07-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Thank you, Sweet Infant 6 pd. 8 ounce Baby Jesus. Found this lil' gem at Meijer while hunting on sunday night. They had the rest of hte wave, including the long hair Aquaman, which i should have picked up and made some $$ from. Gotta pay those bills. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

I dont know what I like more that sweet movie reference :bandit:
or that awesome pic hehe !!
:thumbsup: by the way nice find !

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2008, 11:35 PM
I dont know what I like more that sweet movie reference :bandit:
or that awesome pic hehe !!
:thumbsup: by the way nice find !

lol I like to think of Jesus as an ice skater, and he does interpretative dances of my life's journey. hehehehehe

thanks! I've been looking for Harley for MONTHS. When I saw her, I actually yelped a bit....scared some little kid too. Not that I cared. hehhe :thumbsup:

RooJay
07-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Wow, I hadn't realized she'd been so hard to find - she and Superman Blue are about the only two from that assortment that I've been regularly running across since I bought my full set from Target two months ago. I'm dying to get my hands on Series 3 by now!

Beast
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
It looks like those who won't be able to attend SDCC may still be able to get the Exclusives. Mattel's going to follow Hasbro's footsteps and is launching an online toy shop with SDCC. Action Figure Insider got some info about the shop. So looks like those who were worried about missing Lobo, Giganta, or King Greyskull are in luck.

20 Questions (and Answers) about the newly announced Mattel Collector Website

Yesterday’s announcement from Mattel on their upcoming collector’s website was a bombshell of joy for most collectors, but now the questions arise on how it will work and what does it mean to all of us rabid collectors? I know I had quite a few questions and I was seeing more on our message boards, so I gathered them all together and sent them over. Mattel’s Toy Guru was kind enough to squeeze in our 20 Questions before we all head off to our 4th of July weekends.

Q1: Is the site primarily for MOTU product with some DC items or will it always be a good mix?

A: It will be a smorgasbord. MOTU, DCU and CARs will just be some of the many Mattel brands and toy lines offered on the site. We have some new exciting lines we haven’t even announced yet!

Q2: Will older/rare and current Mattel collector product be available on the site?

A: Not at this time. For the immediate future the product on the new site will be all new collector product available no where else.

Q3: If so, will Mattel be able to sell full cases of current product (like DCUC wave 2 or 3 for example)?

A: Not at this time.

Q4: Will information like Q&As and news updates still be filtered out through the various collector sites, or will it now mainly be featured on the new Mattel site?

A: Both! We will still work closely with all of the collector sites. The new site will just be in addition to.

Q5: Can we expect to see exclusives for all the DC properties - DCUC, JLU, DCIH, and Super Friends?

A: We’ll announce that at SDCC, but there is a very good chance all of your favorite Mattel collector lines will be tied into the site whether through exclusives and/or dedicated sub-pages for that brand with the latest news, information and photo archives. Some of these pages however will not be complete at launch but will roll out before the end of 2008.

Q6: Will future exclusives be limited to single figures, or will it include 2-packs and box sets?

A: All of the above.

Q7: Will there be a per-person limit on the online portion of the SDCC exclusives (and future exclusives as well)?

A: No. There will be no limits on anything we sell through the site.

Q8: Will there be any sort of fan-polls (like the upcoming Wizard DCUC one) or contests on the site?

A: Absolutely.

Q9: Can people set up accounts in advance of the product offering?

A: Possible. We are exploring this and hope to have more info by SDCC.

Q10: Will the SDCC exclusives be the first items offered on the site or will there be other exclusives available on opening day?

A: The SDCC exclusive will be the first items offered with new product for the MOTU, DCU, CARS and "other" Mattel brands coming out in the fall. The first new product (after the SDCC figures) will be around Oct. But after that there will be a new item (if not more) for at least one brand every month. Once we really get rolling in 2009 there will be a ton of very exciting product for many brands in many scales. Some exclusive to the site (like MOTUC), others will compliment retail store collections (like DCU brands).

Q11: Is the site live as of the SDCC announcement or will it not be available to order anything until the morning of the 28th?

A:Some pages will go live the Wednesday of SDCC. The store page will open on Monday after the show at 8:00 am Eastern.

Q12: What payment methods will the site be accepting? credit cards? Paypal?

A: We are still working out the details for this.

Q13: Will the site ship goods internationally?

A: Yes, with the exception of King Grayskull. The electronics in his package are not available to ship outside of North America.

Q14: Is there any chance any amount of OLDER SDCC exclusives will be available to order from the website?

A: Not at this time. The older SDCC exclusives are sold out and will not be going back into production at this time.

Q15: What safeguards are in place to stop scalpers and hoarders from ordering big piles of exclusives?

A: Although we can’t always control the secondary market, there should be more then enough product available to discourage this type of behavior. Why would someone buy figures from a "scalper" when they can just buy it straight from Mattel? We will adjust product runs accordingly based on interest in each item. Our goal to to make sure every fan who wants product from the new site can get it.

Q16: Will the 2008 SDCC exclusives be the same price on the site as they were at the show?

A:Yes, but there will be an additional charge for shipping and we will only have a limited number put aside for online sales.

Q17: Are you planning and JLU exclusives for the website or will that line stay exclusive to Target?

A: You’ll have to wait until SDCC to learn more about what DCU product/brands will be on the site.

Q18: Will the new MOTU line be exclusive to the site or will it also be available on store shelves?

A: It will be exclusive to the site with a new figure every month after Oct.

Q19: 8:00AM eastern time is REALLY early for west coast people! Is that what time all new exclusives will be posted to the site when it’s time to order them?

A:No. This is just what time the site goes live for the first time.

Q20: Is this site going to run "in house" by Mattel employees?

A: The content and news updates will be run in house be brand managers at Mattel but the distribution of product will be handled by a well established online shipment center. (and they have been trained by Mattel on how to ship things "MIP" and will adhere to the high standards we set with other online stores like Americangirl.com, Redlineclub.com and Barbiecollector.com).

Thank you to Toy Guru for squeezing these in before the long weekend.

JetsAndHeels
07-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Congrats on finally scoring that Harley. Good thing you weren't depending on me...I still have not seen her anywhere.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Got an anonymous tip about the second wave of MM figures arriving and was there to open all five fresh cases. No chase figure, but i did snag some Scarecrows and Batman Begins Bats figures. I attached some pics from my camera phone. These figures are really stellar and the Scarecrow is awesome and incredibly overdue. Each case had: two Batman figures, Joker, and Scarecrow. I'm assuming the Two Face figure will be packed in later assortments or something.

HH!! :thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Got an anonymous tip about the second wave of MM figures arriving and was there to open all five fresh cases. No chase figure, but i did snag some Scarecrows and Batman Begins Bats figures. I attached some pics from my camera phone. These figures are really stellar and the Scarecrow is awesome and incredibly overdue. Each case had: two Batman figures, Joker, and Scarecrow. I'm assuming the Two Face figure will be packed in later assortments or something.

HH!! :thumbsup:
I saw this wave at 2 Walmarts that I go to but they only had the batman begins figure . The scarecrow figure was no where to be seen, I guess the employees beat me to them ! :whip:

DarkArtist
07-12-2008, 07:25 AM
picked up the new chase Batman figure for the deluxe line, (Batman as seen when the scarecrow gets his fear toxin shot into his own face) the sculpt looks the same as the previous batman except for the head which is sculpted in that demonic look as seen in the movie and the figure has a light grey wash over the body and cape. the crime scene evidence is scaled replica of the batarang.

all in all a really cool figure

evenflow
07-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I can't find these figures anywhere. I have given up hope on ever gettingt he unmasked batman and i sure the fear toxin batman will be the same.

JediTricks
07-13-2008, 10:57 PM
That sounds like a cool fig, but finding it should be a real pain in the butt. And I really REALLY wish they had given MM Batman an accessory or 3.

RUSHBOY
07-15-2008, 12:48 AM
I found wave 2 of DC Universe today at my local WM !
They had Firestorm , Black Manta and both Supermans (red and blue)
but they did not have any Harley quinn's or Aquaman which sucks cuz I really wanted to get the Aquaman figure . :whip:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-15-2008, 12:58 AM
picked up the new chase Batman figure for the deluxe line, (Batman as seen when the scarecrow gets his fear toxin shot into his own face) the sculpt looks the same as the previous batman except for the head which is sculpted in that demonic look as seen in the movie and the figure has a light grey wash over the body and cape. the crime scene evidence is scaled replica of the batarang.

all in all a really cool figure

Nice find!! I wasn't able to snag it in my area and most, if not all of the stores that carry wave 2, which is just WM's right now (unless i'm not seeing something), are out and don't have the figures and blah blah blah. I basically got one off e-bay for a decent price. I figured after opening/going through 12 or so cases and finding nothing and talking to a fellow collector who went through 15 and found nada, i wasn't going to waste my gas any longer. It should be here tomorrow or so.

I found wave 2 of DC Universe today at my local WM !
They had Firestorm , Black Manta and both Supermans (red and blue)
but they did not have any Harley quinn's or Aquaman which sucks cuz I really wanted to get the Aquaman figure . :whip:

At a WM?!!?!! That's shocking cos I thought most WM's weren't carrying the line until the WM exclusive wave. Still, awesome find though!! :thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
07-15-2008, 01:09 AM
At a WM?!!?!! That's shocking cos I thought most WM's weren't carrying the line until the WM exclusive wave. Still, awesome find though!! :thumbsup:[/quote]

I was walking through the toy aisle at WM and was like Woah!! I'm glad they did not get wave 1 cuz they would just be pegwarming!! :thumbsup:

RooJay
07-15-2008, 01:50 AM
The situation with the Movie Masters line is really starting to irk me - I have money that Mattel seemed like they wanted, they have supposedly produced items that I want, I go to a good number of stores week in and week out and I see not even the faintest hint of the items I want to trade my money for! Don't they want my money, or was it all just a lie...a little joke at my expense?!

The really sad part is that my friend actually held in his hand the mythical Batman/Joker/Scarecrow Movie Masters 2-Pack at least a month ago, but let it go because he "didn't know if I wanted it or not"!:eek::confused::frus::cry:

Beast
07-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Some Q&A's from around the net.

From Fwoosh:

Ask Mattel - 7/15/8
Written by VeeBee
Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Toy Guru checks in one last time before the big dance in San Diego to answer a few burning questions. After today, the next round will be scheduled for August 15 and I am sure there will be PLENTY to ask about. Read on for all the rest.

1. As you know, your rivals Hasbro/Marvel produced a Stan Lee action figure as a SDCC exclusive last year. It seemed to be very popular with the collectors. Is it in the realm of possibility that you might make a Jack Kirby commemorative figure for a con exclusive in the future? King Kirby did some of his greatest work at DC comics, and DC has a history of treating him with much more respect than some of his other employers. His Fourth World characters were central in the Super Powers toy line, and they seem to be taking a lead role in the current DCUC line. I know that some of the Four Horsemen are very big fans of his work. I think a Jack Kirby figure would be extremely popular with collectors.
So, how about it Mattel? What do you think?

A great suggestion and something we can look into if there is enough fan interest!

2. Can you PLEASE comment on the uneven distribution situation at the retail level concerning DCUC and what you are actively doing to remedy it? Why are licensed movie lines like Kung-Fu Panda and Speed Racer getting more retail space and consistent distribution than the more collector-friendly lines such as DC Universe Classics and The Dark Knight Movie Masters?- can you address any of these issues and give us an update on the following:
a) The expected arrival of more wave 2
b) The fate of the modern Jason Firestorm assortment
c) The expected arrival of wave

We recently changed production vendors in an attempt to improve the quality of our product. Because of this, Wave 3 should be out in late July. After that, the second half of Wave 2 will hit selves (with Jason as Firestorm). From there we should be back on track with Wave 4, The Wal Mart Wave 5 and Wave 6 (to be revealed at SDCC) all hitting shelves before 2008 is over.

3. Is Mattel planing to come up with a vinyl figure line to compete with Hasbro's Mighty Muggs? They seem to be popular with collectors and really fun to display. I personally would love to see medium sized stylized line of DC figures.

This is something we are looking into if there is enough fan interest. It may be something offered on our new direct to consumer fan site.

4. As it's been stated that Mattel is not seeking to duplicate characters across lines in the same year, can you give us an idea how many charcters from Infinite Heroes released in 2008 we could expect to see in DCUC in 2009?

Sorry, we don’t have an exact number and this "system" isn’t law as much as a guide. While there are some characters appearing only on one line per year, others will make appearances in two, three, or even more lines.

5. What is the status of the DC Superfriends line? I have not seen any more figures in stores since the initial deluxe Batman & Superman figures were released.

We will have some news about Superfriends to announce at SDCC. We are currently exploring a few opportunities for this line including our new direct to consumer fan site.

Oh man, SDCC is so close you can almost taste it. Next week is going to be big and I am sure we will have a lot more questions for our pal Toy Guru!
From Raving Toy Maniac:

1. When will we see DC Universe Vinyl figures a la Mighty Muggs?

This is something we are looking into if there is enough fan interest. It may be something offered on our new direct to consumer fan site.

2. Do you have any plans to release a corrected version of the DCUC Harley Quinn (with white face-paint)?

As commented on at NYCC, this is a repaint we are looking into.

3. Will there be any more 1:18 scale 1966 Batmobiles?

Yes, this product will continue to ship throughout the year.

RooJay
07-18-2008, 03:35 AM
The situation with the Movie Masters line is really starting to irk me - I have money that Mattel seemed like they wanted, they have supposedly produced items that I want, I go to a good number of stores week in and week out and I see not even the faintest hint of the items I want to trade my money for! Don't they want my money, or was it all just a lie...a little joke at my expense?!

The really sad part is that my friend actually held in his hand the mythical Batman/Joker/Scarecrow Movie Masters 2-Pack at least a month ago, but let it go because he "didn't know if I wanted it or not"!:eek::confused::frus::cry:

Still irked as ever, but one bit of goodness is that I managed to find the very last Batman Begins Bats on the shelf at Target on the way in to work tonight! Pretty cool, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that he looks to be an almost completely new sculpt (excepting maybe the head!) I was of the impression that he was really just a slight retool of the Dark Knight version.
Funny story - when I opened him, I at first thought that the reason he was left on the shelf was that his feet where on the wrong legs! Left foot on right leg, Right foot on left. Turns out that he'd been packaged with his waist and thigh joints swiveled a complete 180 degrees so that his boo-boo was where his wee-wee should've been and the arches of his feet were oriented in the wrong direction! A simple twist of the offending joints, and he was all better!

Edit: Whoops! I also forgot to mention that they also had the first assortment of Infinite Heroes! All except for Atom, Black Hand, and Black Adam (hee-hee-hee.) I had originally hoped that these would end up a little better designed, painted, and sculpted than the prototypes looked, but I was left disappointed and hoping that Mattel isn't going to end up spreading themselves too thin with this line; I'd much rather they dedicate the money spent here to the 6 inch line.

evenflow
07-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Still no unmasked or fear toxin, but picked up Scarecrow tonight.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Got my Fear Toxin Bats in the mail today; pretty cool figure. Shame I had to pay more on e-bay for it as i'll never see it in stores, more than likely.

Also, FINALLY started to customize my Joker figure from the May launch. So far, it looks pretty solid, considering this is the first time i've EVER customized a figure. I'm still debating if I want to put more black around the eyes as i'm not exactly the greatest painter. My hands aren't exactly the steadiest, but i've been using toothpicks and so far, so good.

figrin bran
07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I found and bought some of the Infinite Heroes figures today. Got Guy Gardner, Adam Strange and Captain Marvel/Shazam. I almost wanted to get Zoom as well. I actually kind of like these figures and you can't argue about the 4.99 price tag!

RooJay
07-22-2008, 01:48 AM
I may actually buy Adam Strange as I absolutely love that character, and I have a feeling that if and when he's done in the 6" line it will be only in the classic costume. The classic threads are great and certainly a lot of the guy's charm, but I really dig his new duds!

figrin bran
07-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Even though it's the wrong color, the Ambush on Ilum Padme's gun looks perfect for Adam Strange. Now if only I could find where I put it.

orionlukteel
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I finally saw the full first half of DCUC Wave 2 at Wal-Mart this week.
Finally found Harley Quinn! WOOT! :love:

I haven't been keeping track of upcoming waves or the Infinites,but I get the feeling our wallets are going to get a lot lighter in the next year.:D

Beast
07-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Matty Collector is officially live now.

First DCUC Exclusive they have is Adam Strange and Starfire. Lobo will also be available soon.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105864400

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.105864700

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Lobo is one fraggin' cool figure. It could only be cooler if it came with his chopper, the gorilla, a few killer penguins, and real blood and guts from his latest victim.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
The Mattel pricing at the con drove me away from their booth. There's nothing I want from them, $30 King Grayskull, $25 Lobo, c'mon! I took their free inflatable MOTU sword and bought nothing, their pricing is out of control.

I spotted the 1:18 Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile at TRU Culver City yesterday, nearly had a heart attack because I had already spent $75 and couldn't afford another $30. It looks nice, but I think I'm going to pass on this one altogether, I have the regular HW version and now the $6 version, and that one is very similar to the 1:18.

Speaking of the $6 HW Batmobile line, I finished that up this week, found 'em all at Target except the comic version which was at TRU. Decent line, but not as good as Corgi's.

Found the Movie Master Batman Begins Batman in San Diego Target and bought it. Honestly, this figure is garbage compared to MM TDK Bats. Everything on TDK Bats is crisp and clean and well done, the opposite of BB Bats who has soft sculpting, ugly articulation, and is half a head shorter than the TDK version.

You guys see the Target-exclusive Movie Masters Batpod? Looks pretty decent, but a little bulkier than the movie version seemed. http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=29987
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=29985

DC's 3.75" line is really unimpressive, the sculpting is not that great on stuff like Supes' face which is kinda key to the character. Moreover, it's going to get DESTROYED by Marvel's 3.75" line which Steve just posted pics of, and I bought the Mezco 3.75" Hellboy II Hellboy and that thing is like lightyears beyond DC's paultry entries. Plus, Marvel and Mezco are doing key characters right away while DC hopes they can trick collectors into sitting through lesser-knowns. I won't be surprised if this line tanks before wave 3, just like everything DC that Mattel's done to date.

Beast
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Agreed JT.

The sculpt, articulation, paint, and even character selection is a bit.... lacking.

In fact according to someone who talked to Hasbro at SDCC, when they saw Mattel's 3 3/4" line pictures, they decided to go back and add even more detail and improvements to the figures. Seems a bit cold, but Hasbro does do that scale better than anyone else. Also, wasn't aware that Steve posted pics. My bad.

LTBasker
08-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I spotted the 1:18 Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile at TRU Culver City yesterday, nearly had a heart attack because I had already spent $75 and couldn't afford another $30. It looks nice, but I think I'm going to pass on this one altogether, I have the regular HW version and now the $6 version, and that one is very similar to the 1:18.

You're lucky then, I saw one at the closest TRU and checked it on a price scanner, it rang up as $39.99. Fortunately I've already got one, but really wanted an opener.

As for the $6 1/55 line, did you (or anyone else) happen to find out if Mattel is making more of them? I'm really hoping for the TNBA/JL Batmobile, BB Batmobile, BTAS Batcycle, Burtonmobile, and a villain vehicle would be nice.

If they really wanted to be venturous, they could also do the "Savage Time" Batmobile: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/episodes/thesavagetime/p1/Pan08.jpg

I'm just disappointed that the only way to get Batgirl's cycle is from the SDCC 3-pack with the Batmobile (which I've already got a carded and opened version of), and the Batcycle. I would've liked them to at least include the Batboat or Batcopter instead of the Batcycle.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
my buddy is looking for new DCU smaller figures, but he can only find random ones around here. I think the one he's craving is Black Atom, but we couldn't find him anywhere around here.

however, several WM's I stopped at last night had new mods up that included DCU figures!! I saw about four Harley's at one store and nearly crapped myself. Insane how she was so scarce just weeks ago...:thumbsup:

figrin bran
08-01-2008, 09:50 PM
JMG, that Black Adam Infinite Heroes figure isn't out yet.

El Chuxter
08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
For any character other than Lobo, I would've passed. But it's the fraggin' MAIN MAN! :mabs:

plasticfetish
08-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Saw a few random Infinite Heroes figures at Target the other day. I'm on the fence about these now that I've seen them in person. They lack detail, have hit-or-miss paint jobs, and some (most) have weird, really large hands.

On the other (large) hand... they're fun and their simplicity is charming. They look like great kids toys, if only kids cared about characters like Shazam, who happened to be the figure that I wanted to buy, but the one I saw had a strange paint flaw on his face.

I like the packaging a lot with these. It's very fun, and again, very kid friendly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Picked up DCU Aquaman and Black Manta the other day also. Will hit W*M again now, looking for Harley Quinn. (Thanks for the tip Jedi_Master_Guyute.)

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 05:03 AM
As for the $6 1/55 line, did you (or anyone else) happen to find out if Mattel is making more of them? I'm really hoping for the TNBA/JL Batmobile, BB Batmobile, BTAS Batcycle, Burtonmobile, and a villain vehicle would be nice.I didn't find out, and I would like to know.

I'm just disappointed that the only way to get Batgirl's cycle is from the SDCC 3-pack with the Batmobile (which I've already got a carded and opened version of), and the Batcycle. I would've liked them to at least include the Batboat or Batcopter instead of the Batcycle.The Batgirlcycle sucked too, I saw it in person and the execution was lacking.

JMG, that Black Adam Infinite Heroes figure isn't out yet.Why is he pictured on the packaging when all those others are out now?

For any character other than Lobo, I would've passed. But it's the fraggin' MAIN MAN! :mabs:I know what you mean, and if it had been my mom making the choice instead of me, that would have been a purchase (she's been a big DC fan all my life), but I have different priorities.

I saw the new JLU figures, and I was appalled to see them using the same packaging design for that line as for Infinite Heroes except for a brand sticker, that's some nerve!

figrin bran
08-05-2008, 01:13 AM
I saw the new JLU figures, and I was appalled to see them using the same packaging design for that line as for Infinite Heroes except for a brand sticker, that's some nerve!

I think it works better for JLU than IH. Unless you're versed in DC comics lore, you would have no idea what the large font "Crisis" means and you'd have no idea what the bubble in the shape of a hand is supposed to be.

The JLU cards, instead of the Anti Monitor hand, have a picture of all the founding members plus some nice screen caps from the show on the back.

Interestingly, at my local Target, they had the JLU singles and Infinite Heroes singles on the same pegs. With both of them at the same 4.99 price point, I can imagine a similar situation to our SW figure lines where they just stock any DC figure onto the pegs, irrespective of what the price tag on the peg reads.

El Chuxter
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
The large "Crisis" means "money-grubbing scheme of, at best, middling quality, which will continue ad nauseum until you drop all our books," right? :D

RooJay
08-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Not if you ask me! Actually, if I was going by the title alone I'd almost have to buy them. The I'd only be disappointed once I realized what a mistake I'd made by paying actual money for those crappy figures.

El Chuxter
08-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm just sick to death of the varying Crises that have been going on for four years or so and look to continue at least for another several months.

Batman simply does not work when fighting cosmic menaces.

RooJay
08-07-2008, 01:49 AM
I suppose it depends on your perspective. Batman has been part of the foundation of a universe where for the better part of the last century cosmic menaces and the like have been pretty much everyday occurrences. Just because they're not regularly featured in his monthly books doesn't mean he's not part of that world. My Batman works perfectly with anything his good buddies Superman and Green Lantern have to work with. Conan would be a character that just wouldn't work in a cosmic/space type setting, but that's because those things really aren't part of his world. In the world Batman lives in there are men from Krypton who can fly in space and lift mountains, Martians walk openly among humans, men can run at the speed of light, and cosmic powered aliens tend to invade with some frequency. I get the impression that a lot of folks have a notion built up in their heads about who they think a character like Batman is, but that really doesn't jibe with what is actually possible (and common) in his world. He's a fictional character that is very much a part of his very rich, fictional world.

evenflow
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Very excited that the 4HM are able to do Swamp Thing in DCUC. My #1 most wanted DC figure.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
My wally world got in two more cases of TDK figures, each containing three Batman figures and a Joker. This case layout makes no sense as i've seen nothing but Batman over the last few weeks/month. More Jokers for more folks would be good or how about a newly designed goon? Anybody have any info on the future of this line? Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
08-12-2008, 08:23 PM
My wally world got in two more cases of TDK figures, each containing three Batman figures and a Joker. This case layout makes no sense as i've seen nothing but Batman over the last few weeks/month. More Jokers for more folks would be good or how about a newly designed goon? Anybody have any info on the future of this line? Thanks in advance!:thumbsup:

I saw the same thing at my local WM, 2 cases of TDK MM's but the 2 jokers were gone. Then I went to another WM looking for DCUC wave 3 and I found Green Lantern, Nightwing and Robin !! The sinestro, deathstroke and extra GL were gone. I'm so glad the wave 3 case comes with 2 GL's or I wouldn't had gotten my Hal Jordan !! :thumbsup:

RooJay
08-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Very excited that the 4HM are able to do Swamp Thing in DCUC. My #1 most wanted DC figure.

:confused: Where does that info come from? Last I had heard, Swamp Thing was off limits as a Vertigo character. Did they somehow manage to work something out recently that I missed hearing about?
I would absolutely love to see a Four Horsemen Swamp Thing!

Also, I found several Movie Masters Batman/Joker 2-Packs at a TRU on the way back from a camping trip weekend before last!

evenflow
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=RooJay;633021]:confused: Where does that info come from? Last I had heard, Swamp Thing was off limits as a Vertigo character. Did they somehow manage to work something out recently that I missed hearing about?
I would absolutely love to see a Four Horsemen Swamp Thing!
QUOTE]

Q&A over at Fwoosh from ToyGuru confirmed.

Beast
08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Sounds like Mattel is scrambling to improve the DC Infinite Heroes line, after Hasbro's 3 3/4" line debuted. Over on Fwoosh they said that the figures would be getting more articulation. Going from the current design of limited articulation to something better in 2009. The plan right now seems to be ball jointed elbows and knees and possibly hips, and ankle and wrist joints. No clue on if they'll go to balljointed heads or not.

In 2010, the line will have a new direction away from Infinite Crisis and will feature more detailed sculpting. Fans will also recognize the work of a certain artist in the figures. Hopefully they're talking about George Perez, who drew the definitive versions of many of these characters back in the day. Sounds interesting... I may pick up the Titans related figures from the current line after all. After all, Raven and Starfire don't look bad.

RooJay
08-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Q&A over at Fwoosh from ToyGuru confirmed.

Awesome! Hopefully he's coming soon!

Sounds like Mattel is scrambling to improve the DC Infinite Heroes line, after Hasbro's 3 3/4" line debuted. Over on Fwoosh they said that the figures would be getting more articulation. Going from the current design of limited articulation to something better in 2009. The plan right now seems to be ball jointed elbows and knees and possibly hips, and ankle and wrist joints. No clue on if they'll go to balljointed heads or not.

In 2010, the line will have a new direction away from Infinite Crisis and will feature more detailed sculpting. Fans will also recognize the work of a certain artist in the figures. Hopefully they're talking about George Perez, who drew the definitive versions of many of these characters back in the day. Sounds interesting... I may pick up the Titans related figures from the current line after all. After all, Raven and Starfire don't look bad.

Speaking of Starfire - I notice that the Matty Collector Starfire figure seems to be missing her cleavage! She looks like she's got just one big super-boob! No doubt due to the fact that they are using another character's tooling to produce her (one wearing an outfit that provides slightly more coverage.) She still looks pretty cool to me, and I'd never be able to pass her up especially since she's packaged with my boy, Adam Strange, but it'd be a shame if they don't fix that before she ships. I expect better accuracy from this line.

Beast
08-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Speaking of Starfire - I notice that the Matty Collector Starfire figure seems to be missing her cleavage! She looks like she's got just one big super-boob! No doubt due to the fact that they are using another character's tooling to produce her (one wearing an outfit that provides slightly more coverage.) She still looks pretty cool to me, and I'd never be able to pass her up especially since she's packaged with my boy, Adam Strange, but it'd be a shame if they don't fix that before she ships. I expect better accuracy from this line.
Yeah, they're using the body from Harley Quinn I believe.

I wouldn't mind getting Starfire, since I want to collect the Titans and related characters.

But I have no interest in Adam Strange.

Beast
08-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Saw this on another board. Someone supposedly found a couple future waves of DCUC figures in the Wal-Mart computers. Of course take the info with a grain or two of salt.

Colossal B Series (Colossal Boy?)
Green Arrow
Green Arrow II (Variant?)
Wildcat
Speedy
Green Stewart
Green Stewart II (Variant?)
Deadshot
Black Canary
Forager

The other wave he couldn't recall. But it had Monel and Raven listed.

JediTricks
08-17-2008, 12:35 AM

In 2010, the line will have a new direction away from Infinite Crisis and will feature more detailed sculpting. Fans will also recognize the work of a certain artist in the figures. Hopefully they're talking about George Perez, who drew the definitive versions of many of these characters back in the day. Sounds interesting... I may pick up the Titans related figures from the current line after all. After all, Raven and Starfire don't look bad.Sure, if you don't mind the fact that they don't look like the Teen Titans characters. Neither look like the '80s classic nor like their current update, Starfire looks more like Tygra from Thundercats.

And seriously, V-crotch articulation? What is this, the 1993 Playmates Star Trek line?!?

I really don't think Mattel is going to be able to successfully update this line in the future, nor will they get the chance to make this line get to that point anyway.

Beast
08-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Huh. I never noticed that Raven's costume especially doesn't match any of the comic costumes she typically wore. Starfire's not as bad, but still not accurate. I do like the Titans figures, so I'll probably still get them. Just hope they make Kid Devil at some point. Captain Boomerang will become a cat toy, I guess. ;)

I have to agree with you. The line suffers from the classic Mattel blunders. They claim it's a collector's focused line, hence why it launched with so many obscure characters. Yet the majority of collector's have no interest in the limited poseability offered by the line. So they're basically shooting themselves in both feet. Since while kids might have been interested in folks like Superman, Batman, etc.... they're nowhere to be found. And by the time the line gets that far along, it's going to already be dying at retail due to flooded pegs of the nobody figures.

LTBasker
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I found the first wave of JLU figures with Hawkman, Kilowog and Stargirl, and I gotta say I was kinda disappointed by the packaging, I think it works for the DCUC figures, but not really the smaller figures. There's too much color in a small space distracting you from the figures that don't have alot of coloring.

JediTricks
08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I found the first wave of JLU figures with Hawkman, Kilowog and Stargirl, and I gotta say I was kinda disappointed by the packaging, I think it works for the DCUC figures, but not really the smaller figures. There's too much color in a small space distracting you from the figures that don't have alot of coloring.HAW! That's a darn good point, I hadn't put it together before but you are so right, the packaging is louder than the product.

figrin bran
08-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I actually liked that card and packaging for JLU better than DCUC.

cookiemonster
08-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I hope we see more of these produced, as I think the heads on these make for some great custom fodder, and if they are saying the line is improving, well I will be interested.

Now how many of you think that the figures before the ROTS are great sculpts and should not be updated (you may think strange question for here, but not really think about it - as Hasbro is still releasing these now adays - and at least the DC figures have got some good to great sculpts going on in the facial department and there in neutral poses with at least basic articulation, where the Star Wars figures dont even have the basic articulation - they have outdated articulation).

JediTricks
08-19-2008, 11:51 PM
None of the figures I've seen in the DC line have good face sculpts, and that includes all the figs they had on display at Comic-Con. They looked around the quality of the early '98 POTF2 figs at best (not the late '98 figs which took a big upswing).

RooJay
08-20-2008, 01:45 AM
After this weekend I'm one figure away from completing Solomon Grundy - still haven't seen Sinestro, though I'm hopeful that I'll come across him this weekend. This assortment is awesome! Of course, it helps that it's filled with completely with some of my very favorite characters. Deathstroke is a real standout! I couldn't ask for a better figural representation of Mr. Slade Wilson, and I was amazed to find that he comes with not one, not two, but five accessories (counting his bandolier)! NIghtwing is my favorite overall, and is definitely the best ever figure of Batman's boy! The only things that I could think of to nitpick if I were so inclined would be that GLs power battery might have looked a little cooler if it were colored to match the green in his uniform (it's actually painted a bright green I suppose to indicate glowing) Deathstorke's gun is a bit soft and warps easily in the package (though honestly, how many accessories nowadays don't?) and Robin's collar is a bit thick, causing him to look a bit wide in the neck.
Oh, and I almost forgot about Grundy! He's freaking huge! I'd say he probably comes up to Galactus' chest, and the sculpting is as awesome as you'd expect from the Four Horsemen! Now I only wish they would redo Darkseid and Mongul as Collect-and-Connect figures so we can get them closer to that size as well!

El Chuxter
08-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Still haven't seen Wave 2, though I've actually seen Wave 1 popping up again (at $2 more per figure). I'm coming to the conclusion that the distribution on this line sucks more than any of Mattel's previous distribution fiascos (MOTU and the previous DC heroes line). :(

figrin bran
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I still have yet to see any Wave 3 DCUC and most of my Targets have grey dotted the pegs for weeks now. Since all I want is Hal, I don't mind waiting for the 2 pack with him and Abin Sur.

I did find and buy the JLU Captain Atom and Galatea packs, though. Since I had made a custom of Cap Atom, I guess I'll rework it to something else. Maybe some punctures in the containment suit or else I could do an animated Dr. Manhattan?

figrin bran
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Unexpectedly, I found the next wave of JLU packs at Target today so I came home with the Question and Fire/Ice.

RUSHBOY
09-23-2008, 11:40 PM
DCUC wave 5 is already on ebay ! What happened to wave 4, guess I missed it !

plasticfetish
09-24-2008, 12:12 AM
This is such a weird line of toys. I love it... but I'm still seeing series one figures turn up at stores that didn't have them before. (I just picked up Etrigan a few days ago.) Seeing as how series five is a Walmart* exclusive wave, it's no big surprise that it turned up before series four.

figrin bran
09-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I've still never seen DCUC wave 3 at retail!

For the time being, I'm caught up on JLU releases as I found and bought the Apokolips set last Saturday.

mm74md
09-25-2008, 07:56 AM
I've seen DCUC Wave 1 at TRU and haven't seen anything else there since. I never saw Wave 2 and have only seen Wave 3 at Target. Which I can never get my hands on a Robin :frus:

The 3 Wal Mart stores in my area have never had any nor do they have shelf space setup

LTBasker
09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I saw "all" of wave 2 once...only once...during the first month it was supposed to come out. Seems so long ago. Was it April, or so? I had to skip buying Harley... Since then, I've only seen Black Manta (twice), Red Superman, and Blue Superman. Never another Harley...

I haven't seen any evidence of wave 3 showing up here, meanwhile people are finding wave 4. The only evidence that DCUC exists in a physical form in this area is the occasional Demon Etrigan, of which the closest Target has had two hanging for the past 2 months.

I refuse to order online as well, because that involves getting figures I don't want.

plasticfetish
09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I did a big run-around today (a TRU, 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and 2 Fred Meyers), and saw pretty much... nothing. I picked up an Orion (saw one with a great paint job at last), but nothing much is out there from beyond wave 1.

I'm happy to have found the things that I've found over the last month or so, but it's just weird how bad it's dried up.

RooJay
09-27-2008, 01:11 AM
I saw "all" of wave 2 once...only once...during the first month it was supposed to come out. Seems so long ago. Was it April, or so? I had to skip buying Harley... Since then, I've only seen Black Manta (twice), Red Superman, and Blue Superman. Never another Harley...

I haven't seen any evidence of wave 3 showing up here, meanwhile people are finding wave 4. The only evidence that DCUC exists in a physical form in this area is the occasional Demon Etrigan, of which the closest Target has had two hanging for the past 2 months.

I refuse to order online as well, because that involves getting figures I don't want.

I feel your pain, man! Although I have seen series two several times over (minus Aquaman, a second of which I'm still searching for on my brother's behalf) not one of the DCUC series thus far have been plentiful at retail. Strange considering that all evidence points to the line being quite successful - I just don't understand why Mattel has such a hard time getting and keeping this line and a few of their others on shelves; maybe they're just not producing enough to meet demand?
By the way, I still have yet to find that Sinestro I need to complete series three! I'd ask if anyone here has seen any extras but I already know the answer to that.
The good news for you, though, is that apparently Entertainment Earth is actually selling series four, six, and seven as singles. Matter of fact, upon going there to verify my info for this post I managed to snag the last Sinestro they had in stock even! They seem to still have Green Lantern on hand if anybody wants him, but are sold out on the rest of series three it seems.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Spotted remnants of wave 3 at Target today: robin, nightwing, and deathstroke.

I don't really care for the future of this line, from what i've seen at least. Once I get the Riddler, i'm done until they present figures that i like.

speaking of which, does anybody have UPC info for the wal-mart wave? Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 02:51 AM
There's a future for this line? I haven't seen anything after wave 1 except a few stragglers from wave 2.

El Chuxter
10-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I've given up. I would really like several of these figures, but all I keep seeing is Red Tornado everywhere I go.

LTBasker
10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Found a sign of wave 3...a beat-up Slade (or Deathstroke). It's not too horribly beatup, but enough to where a bit of the bubble is coming up. The only other figure there was one of the two Etrigans that have plagued that store for months, I guess it's counterpart was finally bought. I went ahead and got the Slade since I planned on getting an opener for him, I just hope I have better luck this weekend. I doubt it though.

Honestly, it almost feels worse than finding nothing. I would have probably given up on this line, if there was anything to really give up on.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Found the whole wave at Target today, 1 of each, I was with grandma and couldn't stash or buy a bunch (am very broke), but I did buy Deathstroke. All his weapons come off and are usable, even the pistol in the working holster. The staff clips to the back of his ammo belt too. It's a cool figure because it's Slade, but this whole wave is lacking a little something in the paint department, weathering mostly. But what paint he does have works well, it's just that it's a little simplistic except for the metallic blue scales.

Unfortunately, his sword's paint came right off in the hilt, that suuuucked!

mm74md
10-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Over the weekend my Target had Wave 4. I picked up Batman, Wonder Woman, and Ares. They had the Captain Atom variant (which I stashed until payday) but no Cyborg. I was hoping to find Artemis but no such luck. I called the semi-local KB Toys to see if they got the wave in with the Batman variant, but they had no clue what I was talking about.

I still need ROBIN!!!

plasticfetish
10-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Found the whole wave at Target today, 1 of each, I was with grandma and couldn't stash or buy a bunch (am very broke), but I did buy Deathstroke.I almost wish that when I saw this wave a while back, that I'd picked up Deathstroke and not Sinestro. Looks like a fun figure.

And not that I don't like the classic Sinestro figure that I'd bought, but it has some paint issues also. (The paint around the shoulder joints rubs off to reveal that they cast the part in the bright yellow plastic from the other version of this figure. As some point I can touch it up, but still...)

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Deathstroke is definitely a fun figure, in part because there aren't enough baddies in this line, but more because this line so rarely uses accessories.

mm74md
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I posted this in the Trade forum as well. But this might get more visibility...

I have a carded Chase Gold Captain Atom for trade.

I need the Wave 3 DCUC Robin carded.

PM me if interested

figrin bran
10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I found the JLU yellow Sinestro corps repaint of Sinestro last Sunday and yet still haven't seen any DCUC Sinestro at retail, variant or otherwise.

RooJay
10-16-2008, 02:03 AM
I posted this in the Trade forum as well. But this might get more visibility...

I have a carded Chase Gold Captain Atom for trade.

I need the Wave 3 DCUC Robin carded.

PM me if interested

If you haven't already been taken up on that offer, I shall keep an eye out for you. Looks like Series 3 has been shipping around my area again.

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Target has the 3.75" line on sale for $3.99, I picked up "Shazam" (because apparently they can't use his actual name of Captain Marvel anymore for merchandising). This line is AWFUL, it should have been mothballed the second they saw the first sculpt of their buck body come out like this. What are they thinking? Tiny head that doesn't look like the character, cheap sculpting that looks low-end for 15 years ago, bad paint delineation where stuff all runs into other stuff haphazardly (I didn't even notice at first that his hands were bare and not gold), and only 1 good articulation design (the ball-hinged shoulder) with everything else being simplistic and sad (and lacking, no wrist or ankle articulation is a big mistake for guys who are flying around). What's the point of this line? It's too shoddy for collectors, and the characters are too vague for kids. This line is butt.

mm74md
10-23-2008, 09:43 AM
FYI - I picked up the DK Movie Masters Bat-Pod yesterday at Target. The DPCI is 087-06-2089 and was $19.99

While it looks very impressive, I'm kinda disappointed that Batman doesn't fit correctly on the bike. I would love to get a Movie Masters Bat-Mobile

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
FYI - I picked up the DK Movie Masters Bat-Pod yesterday at Target. The DPCI is 087-06-2089 and was $19.99

While it looks very impressive, I'm kinda disappointed that Batman doesn't fit correctly on the bike. I would love to get a Movie Masters Bat-Mobile

I found it this morning!! I think some folks on the fwoosh boards have pics of him on the bike. I guess it takes a bit of work.

Here is a decent pic of the Batpod. I really like it though and it loks pretty awesome. If i had the space and some extra $$, i'd buy one to open. :thumbsup:

Any word on the WM exclusive DCU wave? Anybody?

JediTricks
10-23-2008, 04:08 PM

While it looks very impressive, I'm kinda disappointed that Batman doesn't fit correctly on the bike. I would love to get a Movie Masters Bat-MobileWhoa whoa, what do you mean he doesn't fit correctly? ... I dug up some pics, yeah, it looks like it takes a lot of work to get him to ride it without looking cheap. MWC got a fair pose though: http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102208a.htm

I guess I'll buy this, more to complement the figure than for its own needs, since I didn't care for the bike that much.

DarthBrandon
10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
If anyone can help out, I need both arms to Metamorpho(Rex Mason, the Element Man) along with the right leg (Orion) & both arms to Solomon Grundy along with his right leg (Sinestro). If you can help PM me.

LTBasker
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I saw an upcoming release list for Hot Wheels on a HW message board, and on the latest one that got posted some new 1:50 scale Batman vehicles were listed:

Batman 2009 1-50 scale-1966 Batmobile-black
Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Bat Boat with trailer-blue and white
Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Bat Cycle with Sidecar-black and white
Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Batman Returns Batmobile-black
Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Batmobile Shields Up-black

I assume the '66 Batmobile and Batcycle are rereleases...which bites, but if we're truly getting the Burtonmobile then I'm too excited to care.

Jayspawn
10-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Saw the Movie Masters Bat Pod at Target today. Gotta say it was pretty sweet -gonna have to pick it up methinks.

Beast
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Matty Collector.Com announced Wave 8 of the DC Universe Classic figures.

Matty announces DCU Classics Wave 8
November 3, 2008
By Matty

Hey DCUC fans!

Big news here on MattyCollector.com. In addition to moving closer to having our DCU brand pages up (look for those in December with release calendars and picture archives!), we are thrilled to announce the premier of WAVE 8 of DCU Classics figures! Look for these to hit stores in mid-Spring 2009. Truly some of the best figures we have done to date!

Wave 8 will include:

Hawkgirl™
Gentleman Ghost™
Dr Fate™ (with a chase classic version)
Parademon™ (both Red and Yellow versions split 50/50!)
Mr. Terrific™
Vigilante
Commander Steel™
And drum roll…the Collect and Connect™ bonus figure, and our biggest yet at a whopping 10 inches is… GIGANTA™

A great new wave with some army builders and characters who have never made it to toy shelves before! We couldn't be more thrilled with the fan support and the quality of these figures. Keep those comments coming on the message boards because we always want to hear what you have to say!

Check out the sneak peek pics below and we'll see you in the toy aisles!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

El Chuxter
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Gentleman Ghost? Wow. That's a tad on the obscure side, unless they've scraped him off the barrel for one of the bazillion Countdown to the 52 Infinite Final Identity Crisis tie-ins.

LTBasker
11-03-2008, 10:24 PM
As much as I look forward to Hawkgirl and Dr. Fate (assuming I can ever find them), but I'm quite surprised Martian Manhunter still hasn't been announced. Wave 9, I guess...there shouldn't be anyone else that could take his spot.

figrin bran
11-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Gentleman Ghost? Wow. That's a tad on the obscure side, unless they've scraped him off the barrel for one of the bazillion Countdown to the 52 Infinite Final Identity Crisis tie-ins.

Gentleman Ghost is also getting a figure in both the JLU and Brave and the Bold lines.

That last "see you in the toy aisles" comment in the Matty announcement is quite funny especially if you're like me and have seen very, very little of wave 3 DCUC and none of wave 4.

RooJay
11-04-2008, 04:54 AM
Gentleman Ghost, aside from being one of those classic characters with tons of history in just about every corner of the DCU (he's battled the JSA, Hawkman, Batman, the Atom, the JLA, etc.) has been pretty prominently featured in several key stories recently. He figured heavily in the recent Hawkman series, helped close out the previous JSA series after Infinite Crisis. Plus, he should make for a really cool looking figure!

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
This is why I've never had faith in DC compared to Marvel when it comes to action figure sales. That's a heck of a mix of figures (though no major characters hanging this wave on) and yet not one of them looks like it'll get casual collectors' attention. Mattel seems to have delivered on the material, and yet I don't see an exciting figure among them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Matty Collector.Com announced Wave 8 of the DC Universe Classic figures.

Matty announces DCU Classics Wave 8
November 3, 2008
By Matty

Hey DCUC fans!

Big news here on MattyCollector.com. In addition to moving closer to having our DCU brand pages up (look for those in December with release calendars and picture archives!), we are thrilled to announce the premier of WAVE 8 of DCU Classics figures! Look for these to hit stores in mid-Spring 2009. Truly some of the best figures we have done to date!

Wave 8 will include:

Hawkgirl™
Gentleman Ghost™
Dr Fate™ (with a chase classic version)
Parademon™ (both Red and Yellow versions split 50/50!)
Mr. Terrific™
Vigilante
Commander Steel™
And drum roll…the Collect and Connect™ bonus figure, and our biggest yet at a whopping 10 inches is… GIGANTA™

A great new wave with some army builders and characters who have never made it to toy shelves before! We couldn't be more thrilled with the fan support and the quality of these figures. Keep those comments coming on the message boards because we always want to hear what you have to say!

Check out the sneak peek pics below and we'll see you in the toy aisles!

another wave i'll be totally skipping.

ANY word on the WM exclusive wave?!!?!?! I want that Riddler! :thumbsup:

RUSHBOY
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
I really like Dr Fate he's pretty cool but what's up with Vigilante in that crappy uniform ? I think the Original Cowboy Vigilante would've been way better IMO !! :whip:

Beast
11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
An interesting list of upcoming figures found on one of the retail computers.

DC Universe Classics

27084-68313 – N5863 – DCU 6 Coll Fig - $11.88 (Case Assortment)
27084-69647 – N7165 – DCU Speedster - $11.88 (Flash)
27084-69648 – N7166 – DCU Cpt Cold - $11.88
27084-69649 – N7167 – DCU Wildcat - $11.88
27084-69650 – N7168 – DCU Big Barda - $11.88
27084-69651 – N7169 – DCU Blue Beetle - $11.88
27084-69652 – N7170 – DCU Hawkgirl - $11.88
27084-69653 – N7171 – DCU Gentle Ghost - $11.88
27084-69654 – N7172 – DCU Dr Fate - $11.88
27084-69655 – N7173 – DCU Mantis - $11.88
27084-69656 – N7174 – DCU Booster Gold - $11.88
27084-69658 – N7176 – DCU Mr Terrific - $11.88
27084-69659 – N7177 – DCU Black Adam - $11.88
27084-69660 – N7178 – DCU Vigilante - $11.88
27084-69662 – N7180 – DCU Green Arrow - $11.88
27084-69663 – N7181 – DCU Black Canary - $11.88
27084-69664 – N7182 – DCU Kid Flash - $11.88
27084-69669 – N7187 – DCU Aquaman 80s - $11.88
27084-72362 - N7288 – DCU Parademon - $11.88
27084-72363 – P1582 – DCU Cmdr Steel - $11.88
27084-72364 – P1583 – DCU Deadshot - $11.88
27084-72365 – P1584 – DCU Guardian - $11.88
27084-72626 – N7183 – DCU Forager - $11.88
27084-72800 – N7175 – DCU Katma Tui - $11.88
27084-72803 – N7185 – DCU John Stewart - $11.88
27084-72804 – N7186 – DCU Shark - $11.88
27084-72805 – N7188 – DCU Steppenwolf - $11.88
27084-72806 – N7189 – DCU Fans Choice - $11.88 ( Question)
27084-72811 – P1585 – DCU Deadman - $11.88
27084-72812 – P1586 – DCU Cyborg SM - $11.88
27084-74972 – P5634 – DCU Batman - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)
27084-74973 – P5635 – DCU Green Lantern - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)
27084-74974 – P5636 – DCU Wonder Woman - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)
27084-74975 – P5637 – DCU Firestorm - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)
27084-74976 – P5638 – DCU Robin - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)
27084-74977 – P5639 – DCU Shazam - $11.88 (Hall of Fame)

DC Infinite Heroes

27084-68314 – N5864 – DCU Heroes Fig Asst - $6.97 (Case Assortment)
27084-69672 – N7190 – DCU Wonder Woman - $6.97
27084-69673 – N7191 – DCU Alex Luthor - $6.97
27084-69674 – N7192 – DCU Sinestro - $6.97
27084-69675 – N7193 – DCU Batman - $6.97
27084-69676 – N7194 – DCU Atom - $6.97
27084-69677 – N7195 – DCU Than Soldier - $6.97
27084-69678 – N7196 – DCU Green Arrow - $6.97
27084-69679 – N7197 – DCU Arsenal - $6.97
27084-69680 – N7198 – DCU Flash 1 - $6.97
27084-69681 – N7199 – DCU Lex Luthor - $6.97
27084-69682 – N7200 – DCU Supergirl - $6.97
27084-69683 – N7201 – DCU OMAC - $6.97
27084-69684 – N7202 – DCU Superman Prime - $6.97
27084-69685 – N7203 – DCU Wildcat - $6.97
27084-69686 – N7204 – DCU SWAT Gordon - $6.97
27084-69687 – N7205 – DCU Flash 3 - $6.97
27084-69688 – N7206 – DCU Starfire - $6.97
27084-69689 – N7207 – DCU Nightwing - $6.97
27084-69690 – N7208 - DCU Two Face - $6.97
27084-69691 – N7209 – DCU Trooper - $6.97
27084-69692 – N7210 – DCU Flash 2 - $6.97
27084-72627 – P1973 – DCU Joker - $6.97
27084-72628 – P1974 – DCU Nightwing - $6.97
27084-72629 – P1975 – DCU Scarecrow - $6.97
27084-72630 – P1976 – DCU BM Fig - $6.97
27084-72631 – P1977 – DCU SM Fig - $6.97
27084-72632 – P1978 – DCU SWAT Fig - $6.97
27084-72633 – P1979 – DCU Question - $6.97
27084-72634 – P1980 – DCU Wonder Girl - $6.97
27084-72635 – P1981 – DCU Black Canary - $6.97
27084-72636 – P1982 – DCU Power Girl - $6.97
27084-72637 – P1983 – DCU Atom Modern - $6.97
27084-72638 – P1984 – DCU Adam Strange - $6.97
27084-72639 – P1985 – DCU Hal Jordan - $6.97
27084-72640 – P1986 – DCU Manhunter - $6.97
27084-72641 – P1987 – DCU Soldier - $6.97
27084-72642 – P1988 – DCU Qdn Soldier - $6.97
27084-72643 – P1989 – DCU Pirate - $6.97 (Psycho Pirate?)
27084-72644 – P1990 – DCU Red Arrow - $6.97
27084-72645 – P1991 – DCU Martian - $6.97
27084-72646 – P1992 – DCU Blue Beetle - $6.97
27084-72647 – P1993 – DCU Bizarro - $6.97
27084-72648 – P1994 – DCU Monitor - $6.97
27084-72649 – P1995 – DCU Mary Marvel - $6.97
27084-72650 – P1996 – DCU Shazam - $6.97
27084-72651 – P1997 – DCU Cpt Atom - $6.97
27084-72652 – P1998 – DCU Firestorm - $6.97
27084-72653 – P1999 – DCU Zoom - $6.97
27084-72654 – P2000 – DCU Robin - $6.97
27084-72655 – P2001 – DCU Gotham SWAT - $6.97

27084-68314 – N5864 – DCU 3pk Asst - $15.46 (Case Assortment)
27084-69693 – N7211 – DCU BM/Dshot/Scrcrw - $15.46
27084-69694 – N7212 – DCU Adam/Sham/Mary - $15.46
27084-69695 – N7213 – DCU Harb/Shadw/Dmn - $15.46
27084-69696 – N7214 – DCU Hal/Star/Han - $15.46
27084-69697 – N7215 – DCU Man/Strfire/Adam - $15.46
27084-72656 – P2002 – DCU Wizrd/Flash/Mstr - $15.46
27084-72657 – P2003 – DCU Bizr/Wgrl/Sprgrl - $15.46
27084-72658 – P2004 – DCU Arrow/Hawk/Atom - $15.46
27084-72659 – P2005 – DCU Joker/Harley/BM - $15.46
27084-72660 – P2006 – DCU BW/Rob/Ngtwing - $15.46
27084-72661 – P2007 – DCU Prlx/Snstro/Stwt - $15.46
27084-72662 – P2008 – DCU Wzd/Bmrg/Mstr - $15.46

Batman: Brave and the Bold

B&B Basic (Case Assortment)
27084-68186 – N5725 – BM/Battle Slam - $7.77
27084-68187 – N5726 – BM/Super Sabre - $7.77
27084-68190 – N5729 – BM Tornado/Cyclone - $7.77
27084-68191 – N5730 – BM/Star Blade - $7.77
27084-73276 – P3279 – BM Manta/Ripper - $7.77
27084-73277 – P3280 – BM Aquaman/Spear - $7.77
27084-73278 – P3281 – BM Kanjar/Blaster - $7.77
27084-73279 – P3282 – BM BM/Climber - $7.77
27084-73371 – P3384 – BM Plasticman - $7.77
27084-73372 – P3385 – BM Bolo Whip - $7.77
27084-73373 – P3386 – BM Atom - $7.77
27084-73374 – P3387 – BM Sportsmaster - $7.77
27084-74109 – P4515 – BM Ghost Capture - $7.77
27084-74110 – P4516 – BM Green Arrow - $7.77
27084-74111 – P4517 – BM Gentleman Ghost - $7.77
27084-74112 – P4518 – BMN Despero - $7.77
27084-74113 – P4519 – BM Battle Ready - $7.77
27084-76960 - ????? – BM Battle Axe - $7.77
27084-76961 - ????? – BM Buzz Saw - $7.77
27084-76962 - ????? – BM Jungle Batman - $7.77
27084-76963 - ????? – BM Bwana Beast - $7.77
27084-76964 - ????? – BM Taser BM - $7.77
27084-76965 - ????? – BM Popgun Joker - $7.77

27084-68183 – N5722 – BM BB Dlx Fig Asst - $10.74 (Case Assortment)
27084-68184 – N5723 - BM Pwr Batman - $10.74
27084-68185 – N5724 – BM Bug Zapper – $10.74
27084-68188 – N5727 – BM Aquajet BM - $10.74
27084-68189 – N5728 – BM Pwr Aquaman - $10.74
27084-72339 – P1559 – BM Bear Trap - $10.74
27084-72340 – P1560 – BM Grn Arrow - $10.74
27084-72341 – P1561 – BM Exosuite - $10.74
27084-72342 – P1562 – BM Plasticman - $10.74

27084-68199 – N5738 – BB 2pk Fig - $15.97 (Assortment)
27084-68200 – N5739 – Beetle/Kanjar - $15.97
27084-68201 – N5470 – Aquaman/Mantis - $15.97
27084-72351 – P1571 – BM BM/Ghost - $15.97
27084-72352 – P1572 – BM BM/Grn Arrow - $15.97

27084-68192 – N5731 – BM BB Veh/Fig - $19.88 (Assortment)
27084-68194 – N5733 – BM Crawler/Beetle - $19.88
27084-68196 – N5735 – BM Bat Sub - $19.88
27084-72347 – P1567 – BM Batcycle - $19.88
27084-72348 – P1658 – BM Bat Glider - $19.88

Anything in bold is stuff that I guess we haven't heard about as of yet.

And god, the heavy repacks in the Infinite Zeroes line is just sad beyond belief.

JediTricks
11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I got the Movie Masters Batpod last week, and something that kinda annoys me about it is that it's clearly overscaled. The footpads are a dead giveaway, even if you overlook that the figure is just way too small when riding it.

figrin bran
11-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I finally found DCUC wave 4 and at TRU of all places. As I'm not interested in completing the Despero figure, I only bought Wonder Woman and Batman Beyond. Plus I got suckered into buying Ares as the sculpting on him was rather nice.

JediTricks
11-10-2008, 06:21 PM
BB looks so bulky, I want the fig but I didn't want him to be a musclebound freak. Is it better in person? And how's the WW figure?

Apparently there's a KB-exclusive BB figure with Terry holding the mask instead of wearing it.

TheRealDubya
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
That's a very ambitious list. It still kind of breaks my heart that the Infinites don't look anywhere near as nice as the Classics; I love the look of the Classics, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy into the new scale. I'll have a hard time resisting Shazam! and Dr. Fate though (and those Parademons look outstanding too.)

figrin bran
11-10-2008, 10:49 PM
BB looks so bulky, I want the fig but I didn't want him to be a musclebound freak. Is it better in person? And how's the WW figure?

Apparently there's a KB-exclusive BB figure with Terry holding the mask instead of wearing it.

JT, BB does use the generic DCUC male body and is thus bulky. While we do see Terry as a bulked up adult in JLU, it's most likely the teenage Terry that everyone identifies with and so a slimmer body would've been more ideal for this figure.

WW isn't bad but could've been better. The head sculpt was well done and she is taller than some of the DCUC heroes I have - Green Lantern, Aquaman. The one downfall of this figure, IMO, are the shoulder joints. On a costumed character, those joints don't detract from the look of the figure itself but because Diana's shoulders and arms aren't covered, the joints stick out sorely. The ball joint on the shoulder should've been recessed even more into the body - I checked my DCUC Supergirl and the body hides a bit of the shoulder joint but on WW, it flares out and looks rather unnatural.

While you can sort of hide it by putting the shield in one arm and the axe in the other, I prefer to display her without the accessories. Another minor detraction on the figure is that the lasso is permanently attached to the waist which restricts the articulation on the right leg.

Speaking of Infinite Heroes, why in the world are the 3 packs $18.69 at Target????? At that price they better be downsized versions of the DCUC figures but they aren't. Heck, for just a buck and 30 cents more, I can get a JLU pack of 6 figures (or two of the 3 packs) and get figures that at least IMO, are superior and cleaner looking.

RooJay
11-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Batman Beyond, in his only appearance to date in the DCU proper was as the older, more muscular version of the character. As this line is based on the comics as opposed to the animation (you'll be wanting to head to the JLU line for that) his look here is consistent and correct (unfortunately for the folks who are only interested in him from the show.)

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
JT, BB does use the generic DCUC male body and is thus bulky. While we do see Terry as a bulked up adult in JLU, it's most likely the teenage Terry that everyone identifies with and so a slimmer body would've been more ideal for this figure. They should have used the Nightwing or Robin bodies then, I think. I'll still keep an eye out though.

WW isn't bad but could've been better. The head sculpt was well done and she is taller than some of the DCUC heroes I have - Green Lantern, Aquaman. The one downfall of this figure, IMO, are the shoulder joints. On a costumed character, those joints don't detract from the look of the figure itself but because Diana's shoulders and arms aren't covered, the joints stick out sorely. The ball joint on the shoulder should've been recessed even more into the body - I checked my DCUC Supergirl and the body hides a bit of the shoulder joint but on WW, it flares out and looks rather unnatural. I know exactly what you mean with those joints, it's one of the things I dislike about a few of this line's figures, it doesn't integrate well, so on flesh it must be even worse.

While you can sort of hide it by putting the shield in one arm and the axe in the other, I prefer to display her without the accessories. Another minor detraction on the figure is that the lasso is permanently attached to the waist which restricts the articulation on the right leg. Yeah, that's a cheat to hide it by a specific pose. Bummer about the lasso! Man, that's a shame.

Speaking of Infinite Heroes, why in the world are the 3 packs $18.69 at Target????? At that price they better be downsized versions of the DCUC figures but they aren't. Heck, for just a buck and 30 cents more, I can get a JLU pack of 6 figures (or two of the 3 packs) and get figures that at least IMO, are superior and cleaner looking.Exclusivity? I didn't realize they were so much! That's crazy.

Batman Beyond, in his only appearance to date in the DCU proper was as the older, more muscular version of the character. As this line is based on the comics as opposed to the animation (you'll be wanting to head to the JLU line for that) his look here is consistent and correct (unfortunately for the folks who are only interested in him from the show.)As I understand it, there are 2 versions of Batman Beyond in the canon, there's the one in the alternate universe which isn't as bulky as the figure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Superman-batman22_batmanbeyond.jpg
but that version is Tim Drake, so the KB-exclusive version of the figure couldn't be right since that's Terry McGinnis under the cowl. Then there's the one in Countdown where he's part of Earth-12 which is basically the BB universe and he's essentially the same.

So the figure I would think would be more representative of the JLU episode "Epilogue".

figrin bran
11-12-2008, 01:41 AM
They should have used the Nightwing or Robin bodies then, I think. I'll still keep an eye out though.

I don't have either Nightwing or Robin, mainly because I haven't seen them at retail and so I wasn't sure about slimmer bodies.

And about the shoulder joints, just to be fair, Hasbro isn't always so great at them either. While it's just a 3.75" scale figure and therefore not as glaring, Maris Brood's shoulders bulge out as much as DCUC WW's does.

As I understand it, there are 2 versions of Batman Beyond in the canon, there's the one in the alternate universe which isn't as bulky as the figure:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Superman-batman22_batmanbeyond.jpg
but that version is Tim Drake, so the KB-exclusive version of the figure couldn't be right since that's Terry McGinnis under the cowl. Then there's the one in Countdown where he's part of Earth-12 which is basically the BB universe and he's essentially the same.

So the figure I would think would be more representative of the JLU episode "Epilogue".

But then in "Epilogue", Terry is in civilian clothes for a good 85% of the episode :p

Nonetheless, the figure is still worth looking for. I actually do not have any of the Bats Beyond Hasbro figures so this was my first one. I'm hoping that the JLU set shows up show as I want the Bats Beyond, Warhawk and especially old man Bruce.

JediTricks
11-12-2008, 03:47 AM
I don't have either Nightwing or Robin, mainly because I haven't seen them at retail and so I wasn't sure about slimmer bodies. To be honest, I don't remember for sure if Nightwing was slimmer, I picture him in my memory that way, but I only saw the figure once. Robin definitely is though.

And about the shoulder joints, just to be fair, Hasbro isn't always so great at them either. While it's just a 3.75" scale figure and therefore not as glaring, Maris Brood's shoulders bulge out as much as DCUC WW's does. Yeah, I know what you mean, but that coupled with the hideous upper-bicep swivel joint on the DCUC figures is fugly.

But then in "Epilogue", Terry is in civilian clothes for a good 85% of the episode :p

Nonetheless, the figure is still worth looking for. I actually do not have any of the Bats Beyond Hasbro figures so this was my first one. I'm hoping that the JLU set shows up show as I want the Bats Beyond, Warhawk and especially old man Bruce.I have a majority of the BB figures from Hasbro, including the Batmobile which is really big for the price. They did only muscley BB figures, but they weren't anywhere near as bulky as this Mattel figure. They did 1 non-muscley BB figure but that was the 100th Batman figure which was a statue with an arm-raising gimmick, not even leg articulation.

figrin bran
11-12-2008, 10:20 PM
I should also mention that the paint on DCUC Batman Beyond is extremely glossy. That might be a deal breaker for some so I just wanted to point that out.

JediTricks
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Glossy isn't a problem for me, he's a futuristic character, in the future everything's shiny.

LTBasker
11-13-2008, 11:37 PM
The only problem I have with the BB figure is his growl, it just doesn't look right. I would prefer a closed mouth, but I know that would look weird to those not really familiar with him. So, I wish they would have at least gone with just a white slit rather than revealed teeth.

Something like seen on the mask here:
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/episodes/epilogue/22.jpg

I would say not finding him is also a problem, but I've coped with it. I just print full-sized packaged pictures of the ones I can't find, and clench them close as I cry into my pillow at night. :tired:

JediTricks
11-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Yeah, teeth are a no-no, except in the first episode with Inque, which didn't quite make sense to me but it was a cartoon.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2008, 06:41 AM
Pics of the DC Universe exclusive TRU two packs.

Got some big news on exclusive figure sets available only at Toys R Us! First up are the DC Universe Classics 2-packs available now! Four sets are on shelf, BATGIRL and AZRAEL, LIGHTRAY and ORION (now with a removable helmet!), CYBORG SUPERMAN and MONGUL and finally HAL JORDAN in his original uniform with a new ABIN SUR figure!

they also have pics of the battle for Metropolis DCU pack as well.

figrin bran
11-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Some of the DCUC wave 4 figures are available on TRU.com right now.

RooJay
11-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Are you folks just visiting Matty Collector frequently to discover this stuff, or are you finding these things out by other means? It seems like this is the kind of thing is the stuff the newsletter would be all about, but even though I've signed up now twice, I never hear any of this news until well after the fact.

figrin bran
11-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Are you folks just visiting Matty Collector frequently to discover this stuff, or are you finding these things out by other means? It seems like this is the kind of thing is the stuff the newsletter would be all about, but even though I've signed up now twice, I never hear any of this news until well after the fact.

I've signed up for the newsletter as well but have never received anything.

Most of the announcements I find out through Fwoosh (lurker) or Action Figure Insider (poster)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I've signed up for the newsletter as well but have never received anything.

Most of the announcements I find out through Fwoosh (lurker) or Action Figure Insider (poster)

I found out through toyfiguretimes.com, which is my homepage.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
talked to my WM toy dept. manager buddy and he told me that they got in a Two-Face figure from TDK line?!?!?!?!!! I quickly did a search on e-bay and found it. It's basically what we saw months ago with the secret protoype figure thingamabob.

He's holding a few for me and I MIGHT be able to get extras. If anybody wants them, let me know and i'll see what I can do. No promises though.

I've attached a pic from e-bay. :thumbsup: