PDA

View Full Version : Superman, Batman & other DC Figures

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 05:40 PM
stopped at Target tonight and spotted the Batman/Firefly two pack; I passed on it, but looked at the back of the card and it showed there is a two pack of Harvey and Two-Face. So, start checkin' target stores for their exclusive two pack things. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Man, that 3.75" set is abominable, even the poses in the box are bad. I spotted the Superman/Supergirl/Wonder Girl set the other night, holy crap did that suck.

Beast
11-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Man, that 3.75" set is abominable, even the poses in the box are bad. I spotted the Superman/Supergirl/Wonder Girl set the other night, holy crap did that suck.
I'd still like to get the Titans. But yeah, the figures arn't very appealing.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I've seen the Titans set a few times, Starfighter, Raven, and someone else, right? Or do you mean something else?

Beast
11-21-2008, 06:12 PM
I've seen the Titans set a few times, Starfighter, Raven, and someone else, right? Or do you mean something else?
Well, I meant the Titans characters in general.

But I haven't seen anything beyond Wave 1 around these parts.

JediTricks
11-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Oh, ok, so you don't have the Titans 3pack then? Do you want me to pick it up for you next time I see it, or wait until you find your own?

Beast
11-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh, ok, so you don't have the Titans 3pack then? Do you want me to pick it up for you next time I see it, or wait until you find your own?
I'm very very picky about Paint Jobs. I'll just keep hunting.

Thanks for the offer though JT.

figrin bran
11-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I got my DCUC Captain Atom from TRU.com today.

Is anyone planning on buying Cyborg but not interested in completing the Despero figure? Since I have all but one of the pieces, I might as well complete the figure but am not interested in buying Cyborg.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks to some UPC's posted on fwooosh, i was able to track down a fresh case of the DCU Wal-mart exclusive wave 5.

I'm only keeping the Eradicator and the Riddler and both look really awesome. The case pack is 2 Riddlers and everybody else is one a case. HH! :thumbsup:

Beast
11-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Ok. I've had a change of heart. Screw the Titans.

Look at Robin's heigh compared to Wonder Girl. He's a freakin' midget.

figrin bran
11-29-2008, 11:53 PM
I got the TDK Gotham Thug MM from WM yesterday. They had all the different variants on the evidence pack in masks but I only got one of them. As it was on a large TDK pallet, many of you might see the same at your local stores.

JediTricks
11-30-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm very very picky about Paint Jobs. I'll just keep hunting.

Thanks for the offer though JT.D'oh, wish I had read this before responding to your PM. Good luck!

Ok. I've had a change of heart. Screw the Titans.

Look at Robin's heigh compared to Wonder Girl. He's a freakin' midget.Yikes, that's tiny. They look awful.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I got the TDK Gotham Thug MM from WM yesterday. They had all the different variants on the evidence pack in masks but I only got one of them. As it was on a large TDK pallet, many of you might see the same at your local stores.

Yup, I saw that pallet at my local store when I was home over the weekend. Very nice work on Mattel's part. If they only had displays like that when these figures were launched back in May, things would have been easier!

I saw a pic in Toyfare of the new MM figures supposedly due out in January. They are suit Scarecrow and TDK Final Battle Batman. I was able to get a somewhat psuedo decent pic on my phone. Feel free to post a better pic/link to one.

I will say I wish the body on Scarecrow was a bit sharper.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2008, 08:37 PM
I saw this post over at the SHH! forums. No idea if it's legit or not.

TWO-FACE, HARVEY DENT, & BANK ROBBER JOKER MOVIE MASTERS ARE COMING IN MARCH!!!
Read the Feb. 2009 Toyfare!

Anybody heard anything about this? I'm willing to get mattel will use a straight up rehash of the thug body with a Joker head. lol

Edit: found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRgvyQFWFA

I guess the pics were posted in Lee's Toy magazine? They look pretty solid...minus Scarecrow who looks too thin.

evenflow
12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
This is the version of Riddler i wish we would have got.

Beast
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
This is the version of Riddler i wish we would have got.
They should make a boxset for the awesome original Batman: The Movie.

RooJay
12-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I saw this post over at the SHH! forums. No idea if it's legit or not.

Anybody heard anything about this? I'm willing to get mattel will use a straight up rehash of the thug body with a Joker head. lol

Edit: found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRgvyQFWFA

I guess the pics were posted in Lee's Toy magazine? They look pretty solid...minus Scarecrow who looks too thin.

The pics are in the latest issue of ToyFare. They probably have used the Joker Thug's body for Bank Robber Joker, but it still looks plenty good from what I can tell - I really don't see any reason why they wouldn't do this as it makes perfect sense.

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Riddle me this, Batman: What shrinks your nads, gives you saggy pecs, and horrible bacne?

:p

plasticfetish
12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Is it Slickers mom?

RUSHBOY
12-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I found wave 5 DCUC at Walmart last week and also the same week I found Aquaman and Harley Quinn at a local Target !! Here are some pics !

RooJay
12-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Cool score! I wonder if this by any chance that they might mean that they've reshipped Wave 2? I finished my set long ago, but my brother has long since been missing Aquaman.
I've been lucky enough to find all of the new 2-packs at TRU this past week - Orion/Lightray, Abin Sur/Hal Jordan, Batgirl/Azrael, and Cyborg Superman/Mongul. I even managed to find an extra set for my Bro.

Beast
12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow. The Wonder Woman figure in Infinite Heroes is... horrid. No, that's too kind.

http://www.articulateddiscussion.com/post/New-DCIH-Singles-and-3-Pack-Images!.aspx#continue

figrin bran
12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Wow. The Wonder Woman figure in Infinite Heroes is... horrid. No, that's too kind.

At least it's better than the Supergirl and Black Canary figures from that line.

El Chuxter
12-20-2008, 10:30 PM
She'd be an awesome figure... in 1980.

Beast
12-20-2008, 11:29 PM
She'd be an awesome figure... in 1980.
Maybe if your child was blind or something. Yikes.

JediTricks
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Dude, WTF?!? This line keeps getting WORSE! Not that I'd know in person, as no store in my area will stock it anymore beyond the first wave that they can't sell for $4 a pop, and nor should they. Shame on Mattel for this line.

Beast
12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Dude, WTF?!? This line keeps getting WORSE! Not that I'd know in person, as no store in my area will stock it anymore beyond the first wave that they can't sell for $4 a pop, and nor should they. Shame on Mattel for this line.
I know, I know.

I would happily pick and choose of the ones I like if they didn't suck so bad as a whole. I seriously doubt that we'll see any real improvements next year like they're saying. Even more articulation won't help these abominations. Make mine Marvel.

RooJay
12-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Make mine DC. Just...for God's sake, make it better! Either that, or just stop making it altogether.

LTBasker
12-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Marvel...DC...what does it matter? Just MAKE MINE AVAILABLE!

Neither company has been capable of doing that.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I almost crapped my pants as I walked into Target on monday evening and found Black Adam for one of my buddies; I also picked up Batwoman and the Lex Luthor 3 pack for him too. They had manhunter and Qwardian, but he passed. This marks the second time since AUGUST that i've actually seen "new" figures that weren't Shazam, Green Lantern, Atom, Prof. Zoom or Adam Strange at retail.

Also, my wal-mart has the DK movie masters for 7.00 each now, marked down. Dunno if this is national or what, but check your local WM stores! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 05:55 PM
"Make Mine Better" - good rallying cry for DC collectors. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-28-2008, 09:14 PM
spotted Deathstroke from the regular TDK line today at Kroger of all places; it looked pretty boring and plain, so I put it back.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, seen that figure twice at Target now, you nailed it, plain and boring.

JetsAndHeels
12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I saw the TRU exclusive Metropolis set yesterday...the one with Superman, Shazam, Lex, and the other guys in it...it looks like an OK set, and I would not mind having it, but no way in hell I am shelling out $50 for it. No way.

The 3 3/4 Marvel line is looking really good right about now.

That's ok, I have a ton of Superman figures anyway.

sith_killer_99
12-28-2008, 09:53 PM
"Make Mine Better" - good rallying cry for DC collectors.

More often than not, DC Direct kicks arse, especially the Alex Ross stuff.:thumbsup:

Kotobukiya also offers some great DC stuff.:D

JetsAndHeels
12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Kotobukiya also offers some great DC stuff.:D

Agreed. My Kotobukiya Supes is one of my favorites.

LTBasker
12-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Finally had a somewhat decent find tonight; DCUC Harley. They also had a Blue Supes, Red Supes and Black Manta. I really should have picked up Manta for an opener, but was going to Wal-Mart afterwards and didn't want to spend too much too soon.

Also saw some new 3 3/4" figures including The Question and considered buying him, but the lack of a trenchcoat and overly beefy arms made me reconsider. Definitely looks like the Gordon/SWAT 3-pack is the only thing I'll pick up for that line - and I only picked that up to support the existance of Gordon figures.

Not that I'd be able to find him if he actually were made.

JediTricks
12-29-2008, 08:16 PM
More often than not, DC Direct kicks arse, especially the Alex Ross stuff.:thumbsup:Yeah, if you don't mind outdated articulation that ruins the lines when used, and steep overpricing, sure.

Kotobukiya also offers some great DC stuff.:DSuckup. :p It is good work though.

Basker, that Gordon set is all over the Target stores in my area, you need help there?

El Chuxter
12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
I got some Superfriends stuff on clearance at Target for my daughter (who loves Batman). Two Batmen, the Batcopter, the Batplane, Robin, a Robin cycle, Mr Freeze and a freezing chamber, and Joker with some sort of wacky vehicle, all in one set. Surprise, surprise, it's not especially well-made, either. And the disc launcher on both of Batman's vehicles launch the discs at a velocity that seems dangerous for such a kids' toy.

DarkArtist
12-30-2008, 09:01 AM
picked up The Dark Knight custom Bruce Wayne Lamborghini/Batmobile toy yestersay with mini Batman and Bruce Wayne figures at TRU. they had it marked down 60% so I caved and grabbed one. i have to say it's not a bad toy and it can sort of work as a possible custom GI JOE or even MASK vehicle. thinking of using the Bruce Wayne figure as perhaps a custom world leader figure for GI JOE and maybe having the vehicle parked over in the back of my motorcade of Joe headquarters....might make it a vehicle for the Matt Tracker figure or something

figrin bran
12-31-2008, 01:52 AM
I read a review of some of the Brave and the Bold figures on Mr. Crawford's site earlier tonight and it looks as if DCUC and JLU will be the only DC lines I collect in 09.

While I don't mind the look of the figures, I'm not keen on the hexagonal gaps in the figure joints that allow you to swap accessories and armor between different figures in the line.

Oh well, more money for Fury Files, I guess.

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 04:05 AM
picked up The Dark Knight custom Bruce Wayne Lamborghini/Batmobile toy yestersay with mini Batman and Bruce Wayne figures at TRU. they had it marked down 60% so I caved and grabbed one. i have to say it's not a bad toy and it can sort of work as a possible custom GI JOE or even MASK vehicle. thinking of using the Bruce Wayne figure as perhaps a custom world leader figure for GI JOE and maybe having the vehicle parked over in the back of my motorcade of Joe headquarters....might make it a vehicle for the Matt Tracker figure or somethingHow did I not see the MASK connection? Totally works too, the scale is closer to MASK than GI Joe, and it changes shape and has weapons. MASK is one of my true toy loves.

I read a review of some of the Brave and the Bold figures on Mr. Crawford's site earlier tonight and it looks as if DCUC and JLU will be the only DC lines I collect in 09.

While I don't mind the look of the figures, I'm not keen on the hexagonal gaps in the figure joints that allow you to swap accessories and armor between different figures in the line.

Oh well, more money for Fury Files, I guess.Oh man, I forgot, I saw a deluxe Bat Brave Bold set at WM Porter Ranch today, it looked REALLY shoddy. The hex holes stood out like a sore thumb, the paint was pretty miserable, the sculpting fair but nothing to write home about, the accessories were all turkeys (it came with this big dragon thing, the packaging stressed rebuildability, as if Mattel were thinking they could horn in on the Stikfas or LEGO action). Mattel has gone from being a company I liked to being a company I cannot stand.

JetsAndHeels
12-31-2008, 11:23 AM
talked to my WM toy dept. manager buddy and he told me that they got in a Two-Face figure from TDK line?!?!?!?!!! I quickly did a search on e-bay and found it. It's basically what we saw months ago with the secret protoype figure thingamabob.

He's holding a few for me and I MIGHT be able to get extras. If anybody wants them, let me know and i'll see what I can do. No promises though.

I've attached a pic from e-bay. :thumbsup:

I found one of these yesterday at WM. I went ahead and bought it, since the Joker is the only Batman villain figure I own.

RooJay
12-31-2008, 07:25 PM
So DCUC Series 2 has been reshipping as a refresh case with the modern Firestorm. That's why everyone has been finding Harley, Electric Superman, etc. on shelves again. I'm guessing this might be one reason why Series 2 was so hard to find originally - they were waiting for some strange reason to ship the rest of them with the modern Firestorm variant. I finally managed to pick up a classic Aquaman for my bro and a Jason Rusch Firestorm for each of us, as well as that Electric Red Superman I had passed on originally. Keep your eyes peeled if you still happen to be missing any of that series folks (and I know a lot of you are!)

figrin bran
12-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Wave 2??? Wave 6 of DCUC has been found in some California stores!

RUSHBOY
01-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Wave 2??? Wave 6 of DCUC has been found in some California stores!

I went to a local WM today and found wave 6 DCUC ! They had Superman (red blue suit with long hair ) Hawkman and Mr. Miracle !
I still need the other 2 (Shazam and Killer Moth). That Black suit superman looks sweet also !

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Had to laugh as I found ANOTHER black adam at Meijer yesterday. They also had DC wave 4 including Harley, both Supes and long haired Aquaman. And the kicker? They were on clearance for $8.24! I passed as I already had Harley. :love:

JetsAndHeels
01-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Stopped by Target last night and picked up the smaller scale Bizarro from the Fan Collection. I wanted to get the 3 pack with Supes and Supergirl but I was not about to pay $17 for it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-02-2009, 12:36 PM
My toy department manager buddy mentioned to me a few days ago that he has the mod sheets/data for the new MM figures, but he can't set it for another two weeks or so. So, maybe the figures should be out by then. :confused:

Beast
01-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Awesome. Finally a Batman figure that I want.

Movie Masters Batman (Keaton) from the good Batman films! Glee!!

Hopefully this leads to Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin from the Burton films. I'll buy them all. And then, Christopher Reeve Superman.

plasticfetish
01-06-2009, 07:19 PM
from the good Batman films!As much as I love the Tim Burton Batman films... you can't be suggesting that the new one sucks compared to them. :ermm:

Is an awesome figure though. Gotta have it for sure.

Beast
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
As much as I love the Tim Burton Batman films... you can't be suggesting that the new one sucks compared to them. :ermm:

Is an awesome figure though. Gotta have it for sure.
I am suggesting exactly that.

Sorry, I loathe the new films. Gimme Burton anyday.

El Chuxter
01-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I love the Burton films more than most people, and don't think Burton has ever made a bad movie (even counting Planet of the Apes and Mars Attacks!), but even I'll say they pale in comparison to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

LTBasker
01-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Bah, there's a movie thread for squabbling about which director's depiction was better. Let's not distract from the pure awesomeness of this figure. :p

Looks like it has a cloth cape as it has so many folds and is incredibly thin along the neck line, that would be perfect as long as they don't mess up the release by making it glossy. Since the "Captain Morgan" TDK Batman was released with appropriately matte-painted parts, I -really- hope that means they'll get this one right.

Here's looking forward to;
-Batman (Keaton - Unmasked)
-Joker (Nicholson - Last suit)
-Catwoman
-Bob the Goon
-Penguin

Beast
01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm on board for all of those, LT.

I hope the cost of licensing Nicholson's appearance isn't going to make doing a figure of the Joker impossible. If he is insanely expensive, maybe they can spread it around by doing his various suits and looks. The Art Museum one would be keen as well. Maybe with a 'Paint Streaked' variant. Even if I hate the damn variants with a passion.

LTBasker
01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
They could also modify the head to make a pre-dipped version. Quite a few good possibilities. :D

Beast
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
They could also modify the head to make a pre-dipped version. Quite a few good possibilities. :D
Indeed.

There's even the 'Uncle Bingo Mime' version.
He has a lot of costume changes that could be done if necessary.
A 2-Pack of Art Museum Joker w/ Porcelin Mask Alicia Hunt.

RUSHBOY
01-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I would love to see a Superman (Christopher Reeves) Movie Masters figure, plus it would look awesome next to that Michael Keaton Batman figure ! Maybe we'll get lucky somewhere down the line !

Beast
01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I would love to see a Superman (Christopher Reeves) Movie Masters figure, plus it would look awesome next to that Michael Keaton Batman figure ! Maybe we'll get lucky somewhere down the line !
Well, they said they were looking into it at one of the cons.

Hopefully we could get Lex and the Kryptonian Villains also.

They can keep everyone else. Especially Nuclear Man. :p

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Give me a Supes, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lex, Non, Ursa, General Zod and I am happy!!

Shoot, a Miss Tessmacher or even an Otis might be good too.

RUSHBOY
01-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Here are some pics of my Wave 6 Superman and Hawkman and yes they both rock !!

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Sweet!! I like the 90's supes complete with supermullet!!

RooJay
01-07-2009, 01:40 AM
OH...MY...GOD!
I was just this morning idly daydreaming that Mattel would get the okay to do Tim Burton era Batman figures as Movie Masters! (I also wished that I was filthy rich and for world peace, but am still waiting on those to come true. I'll keep you guys informed...)
This just opens up all kinds of possibilities for this line! I would even buy an Alicia Silverstone, Batgirl in Anti-Freeze armor figure! Of course, I would also punch my own grandmother in the face for a Nuclear Man figure! (Note: No I would not - I love my Grammy too much.) With DC Direct having recently done not only a Chris Reeve Superman statue, but also a Linda Carter Wonder Woman, I'd even say there's a pretty good possibility we could eventually see at least one Richard Donner era Superman figure at some point. You know...since Mattel seems to be willing to expand and whatnot.

El Chuxter
01-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Mulletman Superman? While I thought it was cool for the time, it seems an odd choice. I can understand the desire to keep main characters in the mix, but why not a comic-accurate version of the black suit, or even Clark Kent ripping open his shirt? I'm not complaining exactly, but it just seems a bit premature to make a character who's so dated (cool or not).

I guess Kon will never be released, at least not under the Superboy name.

LTBasker
01-07-2009, 02:27 AM
The supermullet is a variant, the "regular" version for the wave is mulletman in his capeless black suit.

JediTricks
01-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Oh goody, another DC universe figure I won't be able to find.

The funny thing about doing Keaton Batman is that cloth is all wrong for that cape, it's a leathery material so plastic is a better choice there than cloth. That means naturally Mattel will get it wrong.

LTBasker
01-07-2009, 05:44 AM
The Movie Masters haven't been that bad actually. The only time the figures were difficult to find was during the BS recall with the first assortment codes, leading to people panicing and scalpers salivating. Now, the only ones that are impossible to find are the variants.

Hopefully we'll see it at Toy Fair, I'm definitely waiting for then to be pessimistic - or until a better picture is released.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Bah, there's a movie thread for squabbling about which director's depiction was better. Let's not distract from the pure awesomeness of this figure. :p

Looks like it has a cloth cape as it has so many folds and is incredibly thin along the neck line, that would be perfect as long as they don't mess up the release by making it glossy. Since the "Captain Morgan" TDK Batman was released with appropriately matte-painted parts, I -really- hope that means they'll get this one right.

Here's looking forward to;
-Batman (Keaton - Unmasked)
-Joker (Nicholson - Last suit)
-Catwoman
-Bob the Goon
-Penguin

I'd gladly pick those up, even with my love of the current Batman flicks. The Burton flicks still hold a place in my heart for being the first comic movies I saw on the big screen that helped launch an addiction. lol

And this could be the moment where we petition for a figure of Knox so we can FINALLY get a figure of Robert Wuhl. hahaha :pleased:

Beast
01-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Well... looks like myself and a number of others around the net were fooled by a fake. It's a custom with some photoshopping from an issue of ToyFare that showed previous new figures from the figure line. Really sucks, but maybe Mattel will take the hint and do them.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=410

LTBasker
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Ugh, that's obnoxious. I really hate people sometimes.

Beast
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Ugh, that's obnoxious. I really hate people sometimes.
Yeah. It really sucks. Considering every forum was celebrating over it.

Rocketboy
01-07-2009, 11:37 PM
It would take too long to wade through 40+ pages, so I'll just ask:
What was the exact name of the DC line (in the Marvel Legends-style) that came before this current one (from 2005-ish)?
It was the line that came with the comics and had the super pegwarmers Bane, Scarecrow, & Superman?
I'd like to grab the Batman from that line since the current one looks like crap.

LTBasker
01-08-2009, 12:02 AM
"DC Superheroes" was the line. Before that, the line was simply "Batman."

Rocketboy
01-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks. I knew it was something simple like that.

I did a quick search and online stores want retarded amounts for these figures. The pegwarmers start at $20!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks. I knew it was something simple like that.

I did a quick search and online stores want retarded amounts for these figures. The pegwarmers start at $20!

I actually have an extra one of those figures if you want it. You want this one, right: http://www.toywiz.com/damagebatmandcsuperheroes.html ?

Drop me a PM as I think I have one at home that I was trying to get rid of!

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Well... looks like myself and a number of others around the net were fooled by a fake. It's a custom with some photoshopping from an issue of ToyFare that showed previous new figures from the figure line. Really sucks, but maybe Mattel will take the hint and do them.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=410Ugh, and I knew it too, and held my tongue out of hope. There were no visible joints, the ears were too pointy.

Mattel does have the rights to the movies and tv shows, they COULD do it, they just won't because every decision they've made for the last 4 years has been the wrong one.

DarkArtist
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
picked up Batman, The Joker, Superman, The Spectre and a 3 pack of Bizarro, Supergirl and Wonder Girl from the DC Infinite Heroes line. first time spotting them at Walmart.

My walmart is currently going through a major re-stock / re-organize period so all the toys got shifted around and new merchandise was put out. no new GI JOE or Star Wars as of yet but i can already see where they are planning on putting the new Marvel Fury Files once they are released. can't wait to hit the store on 3/1 and get a few.

RooJay
01-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Got these guys in just last week. The new crown jewels to my collection; I couldn't be happier with them!

DarkArtist
01-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Got these guys in just last week. The new crown jewels to my collection; I couldn't be happier with them!

those are sweet. was looking to get them but have yet to be able to order as of yet.

so i picked up the Infinite heroes Doctor Fate and the 3 pack of Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Black Canary this morning.

so i get home last night and open the bizarro 3 pack with wondergirl and supergirl and i go to move supergirl's leg and it actually breaks and now hangs limp. the joint was so stiff that it must have snapped. what a joke. i'm thinking of writing to the company and complaining about the price for the figure and the fact that it's already broken.

plasticfetish
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I've had all kinds of problems with the knee and elbow joints on DC Universe figures lately. I've just gotten used to having to boil them a bit to pop the pins back in place after I've opened them up.

Case in point... I picked up Wonder Woman, Artemis (nice get!), and Ares the other day, and the right knee on Ares wasn't pressed through all the way. :cross-eye

Once fixed though, it's an awesome figure! All three are great really. I can't praise them enough for actually putting out female figures that actually look like women, and don't have battered horse faces.

(I'll put photos up on my blog (http://www.plasticfetish.net) at some point.)

Got these guys in just last week.Those are absolutely perfect looking. Really fantastic. (Nice pics also BTW.)

RooJay
01-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Those are absolutely perfect looking. Really fantastic. (Nice pics also BTW.)

Thank you! I'm quite proud of my photography there; especially since I'd just decided to take those pics on a lark just before going to bed!:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
spotted some new figures tonight including Dr. Fate, Superman, Hush, Spectre, Black Lightning and the Hawkman and green lantern 3 packs.

also, EE has new dates/case assortments for future MM figures (not wave 3 though):

Wave 4
January (??)
Final Fight Batman
Arkham Scarecrow
Bank Robbery Joker
Harvey/Two Face (wonder if this is still true or if he's delayed till summer)

Wave 5
May
1x Joker Thug
3x Batman Proto Suit

Wave 6
June
2x Jail Cell Joker
2x Two-Face

Wave 6.1
July
2x Jail Cell Joker
1x Two-Face
1x Proto Suit Batman

I hope the Joker thug is a different version. Than what we've seen since May.

plasticfetish
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
also, EE has new dates/case assortments for future MM figuresAs much as I like this line, I'm not sure that I want them to start cranking out every possible version of Batman or the Joker that they can think of. I am waiting for a Ra's al Ghul figure though.

And yeah, I hope that's not just the same "thug" figure that we have already, seeing as how my local stores still have piles of them hanging about.

Beast
01-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Where's Nurse Joker?

neosapian77
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
As much as I like this line, I'm not sure that I want them to start cranking out every possible version of Batman or the Joker that they can think of. I am waiting for a Ra's al Ghul figure though.

And yeah, I hope that's not just the same "thug" figure that we have already, seeing as how my local stores still have piles of them hanging about.

I know how many Joker and Batman versions do we freaken need. They should've come out w/ Ra's Al Ghul a long time ago and we need some ninjas w/ that. Can't wait to grab that Two-Face.

plasticfetish
01-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Where's Nurse Joker?That would be awesome! And don't try to be down with the cool kids who like the movie. We know how you feel. (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=655061&postcount=802) ;)

Can't wait to grab that Two-Face.Yeah, I'm looking forward to that, but that'll probably do it for me with this line, unless they come out with a Rob Roy... errr... Qui-Gon... errr... Ra's al Ghul figure.

plasticfetish
01-20-2009, 03:56 AM
And not to bogart this thread, but I just put up a quick review of DCU4's Wonder Woman, Artemis, and Ares. (Long story short: they're really good!)

http://www.plasticfetish.net/2009/01/shes-wonder.html

El Chuxter
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Where's Nurse Joker?

Mattel thought it might encourage cross-dressing and offend certain groups.

neosapian77
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
And not to bogart this thread, but I just put up a quick review of DCU4's Wonder Woman, Artemis, and Ares. (Long story short: they're really good!)

http://www.plasticfetish.net/2009/01/shes-wonder.html

Where'd you get 'em? Down here in Miami I'm lucky if I find the DC Superheroes line in a retail store like Wal-mart or ToysRus. All those figs are awesome, I wish they'd make a 3 3/4 inch line though

plasticfetish
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Where'd you get 'em? Down here in Miami I'm lucky if I find the DC Superheroes line in a retail store like Wal-mart or ToysRus. All those figs are awesome, I wish they'd make a 3 3/4 inch line thoughMy bad... Toys-R-Us this time actually.

Mattel thought it might encourage cross-dressing and offend certain groups.Didn't stop them from making Earring Magic Ken. (And I'm pretty sure Polly Pocket's really a dude.)

plasticfetish
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Where'd you get 'em? Down here in Miami I'm lucky if I find the DC Superheroes line in a retail store like Wal-mart or ToysRus. All those figs are awesome, I wish they'd make a 3 3/4 inch line thoughMy bad. Toys-R-Us this time actually. And they do make a 3-3/4 line... well... sort of.

Mattel thought it might encourage cross-dressing and offend certain groups.Didn't stop them from making Earring Magic Ken. (And I'm pretty sure Polly Pocket is really a dude.)

RooJay
01-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Best...action figure...ever!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Found the Joker DCU for my buddy today. Also spotted Supes (blue suit) from wave 6, but passed as I have plenty of Superman figures from the DC Superheroes line.

RooJay
01-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Joker?! For DCU Classics??? Please, enlighten.

By the way, has anyone happened to have seen the Wal-Mart wave anywhere?! Not that I didn't know this would happen as soon as I heard there was to be a Wal-Mart exclusive wave, but...I've just gotta have those figures!!! I would appreciate any help anyone hereabouts might be able to provide me in getting hold of these. I'd like to get away with paying retail plus shipping, but am also prepared to sweeten the pot with exclusives items from my job. Isn't there anyone out there that lives near one of those mythical, magical Wal-Marts I'm always hearing about that not only stock their exclusives, but inexplicably manages to keep them in stock?!

figrin bran
01-23-2009, 10:49 AM
JMG, you must mean the Infinite Heroes Joker, right?

Roojay, I've given up all hope on ever seeing any DCUC wave 5 at my local Walmarts. However, for exclusive items from your job, I'll snag any up if somehow I find any!

DarkArtist
01-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Joker?! For DCU Classics??? Please, enlighten.

By the way, has anyone happened to have seen the Wal-Mart wave anywhere?! Not that I didn't know this would happen as soon as I heard there was to be a Wal-Mart exclusive wave, but...I've just gotta have those figures!!! I would appreciate any help anyone hereabouts might be able to provide me in getting hold of these. I'd like to get away with paying retail plus shipping, but am also prepared to sweeten the pot with exclusives items from my job. Isn't there anyone out there that lives near one of those mythical, magical Wal-Marts I'm always hearing about that not only stock their exclusives, but inexplicably manages to keep them in stock?!

what are you looking for ? post a list or even PM me a list and I'll see what I can do. i'm at a Walmart every morning so if I see them I'll pick them up.

El Chuxter
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM
My God... Killer Moth in his Silver Age glory? Wow. Not one I expected. Ever.

RooJay
01-24-2009, 02:30 AM
My God... Killer Moth in his Silver Age glory? Wow. Not one I expected. Ever.

I never in my wildest dreams would have expected to get that guy even from DC Direct! This means there may yet be hope for my Four Horsemen sculpted 'Mazing Man and Denton 2-pack!
...Crazy Quilt, at least.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2009, 05:35 PM
JMG, you must mean the Infinite Heroes Joker, right?

Roojay, I've given up all hope on ever seeing any DCUC wave 5 at my local Walmarts. However, for exclusive items from your job, I'll snag any up if somehow I find any!

Yeah, that's right. Sorry. It's the little guys.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 02:49 AM
I never in my wildest dreams would have expected to get that guy even from DC Direct! This means there may yet be hope for my Four Horsemen sculpted 'Mazing Man and Denton 2-pack!
...Crazy Quilt, at least.
Ugh, no dignity for the DC universe there, huh? Then again, we have Infinite Heroes, and there's no dignity in that turkey of a line.

LTBasker
01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
While poking around EE, stumbled across these case listings for the 1:50 Batmobile line:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTL8788D2
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTL8788E

The new vehicles listed from wave 3 to wave 5 are:
-1966 Batmobile w/ trailer hitch
-1966 Batboat w/ trailer
-1989 Batmobile
-Superfriends Batmobile
-Tumbler in desert camouflage

Rather disappointed we're getting the Superfriends Batmobile before the TNBA/JL(U) one.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 04:32 PM
The Superfriends Batmobile is pretty cool though. I wish they were doing something else than a Tumbler repaint, they have milked that concept to death and beyond, there should be a comics one representing.

I have the Hasbro Hot Wheels-sized TNBA Batmobile, as well as their figure-scale toy, and it's a very nifty vehicle. I would love for Mattel to do it, but only if they do the cockpit opening properly, that's never been done yet.

plasticfetish
01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm there for the 1966 Batmobile w/ hitch and Batboat with Trailer.

God... I just had a thought... has anyone ever put out an RC Batboat?

JediTricks
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
They have, but not the '66 movie Batboat, only some newfangled POS version that's actually on shelves now.

plasticfetish
01-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah... no. I think I saw that. That one's lame.

We've got this huge man-made pond thing near my house (an old WPA project) that they fill and use for RC boats come summer time. I'd kill to have a Batboat for that. :Ponder:

JediTricks
01-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Not to mention a can of shark repellent bat spray (yes, I know that was the chopper scene, but it was at sea).

RooJay
01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Finally got my Bank Robber Joker in:

RUSHBOY
02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I found some wave 7 DCUC figures today at Walmart !! (the Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold) I also found Nightwing (infinite heroes)

RooJay
02-03-2009, 01:50 AM
I found those same figures this past weekend as well! I didn't expect that they'd be out so soon, and was very pleasantly surprised! Of course, the bad thing is that this is now the second week in row that I've found DCU Classics figures at Wal-Mart and yet still haven't seen the merest hint of the wave that's exclusive to them. I have this theory that the toy buyers at Wal-Mart corporate are all eBay scalpers, and that they only order exclusives so they can be the only folks with access to them!
Here are some loose pics, along with Hawkman and Captain Marvel that I bought last week (I'm expecting my pre-ordered set from BBTS this week - the extras are going to my brother) along with my recently arrived Adam Strange/ Starfire 2-pack. Good stuff!

plasticfetish
02-03-2009, 02:43 AM
Finally got my Bank Robber Joker in:Man... I've gotta say... as expensive as I know those Hot Toys figures are, they look great. That figure in particular is brilliant. I love the choice of heads, and as with their other figures, the detailing on everything looks perfect.

I'm very jealous. Are you getting Dent also?

I found those same figures this past weekend as well!This line has dried up like a mummy's backside in my area. :(

LTBasker
02-03-2009, 03:04 AM
I had some luck finding Hawkman recently as the local Target had 2 of him, as well as 2 Mr. Miracles. I don't think I'll be having much more luck there, however, as they only had a single peg with the DCUC tag on it and it can only fit 4 figures at a time. There is only one Wal-Mart around here that is carrying DCUC, and they had nothing when I finally got to get over there. What is the point of whining for an exclusive wave if so many of your stores don't carry it?

RooJay
02-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Man... I've gotta say... as expensive as I know those Hot Toys figures are, they look great. That figure in particular is brilliant. I love the choice of heads, and as with their other figures, the detailing on everything looks perfect.

I'm very jealous. Are you getting Dent also?

I plan on getting Harvey, but I have to move some figures around financially in order to make that happen. Hopefully, he doesn't sell out before I do.

I'm also really hoping they do Gordon as well!

Sinscia Fat'o
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
These things are a nightmare to track down! EE has singles in their new catalog, and the prices aren't that bad. . .I got lucky and scored the entire Hawkman/Shazam wave at Wal-Mart a week ago. They seem to be getting them in regular now in my part of the woods. One of my bosses found the Dr Fate wave. . .which i personally can't wait for!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2009, 08:50 AM
new MM pics!

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2053275&view=findpost&p=16538389

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2053275&view=findpost&p=16538389

That Joker looks bada--. I was hoping to see his smaller version, so let's hope it works well when they shrink it down. The pre-Batman bruce looks pretty cool too.

Lastly, it seems that Sonar/Final Battle Batman has been found. Start hunting! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 01:54 PM
new MM pics!

That Joker looks bada--. I was hoping to see his smaller version, so let's hope it works well when they shrink it down. The pre-Batman bruce looks pretty cool too.

Lastly, it seems that Sonar/Final Battle Batman has been found. Start hunting! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the same link twice. ;)

But that "captured" Joker looks really decent. I dunno how that will translate to production, it's a pretty fine sculpt, but I expect it'll be better than the first (which I didn't buy).

Harvey 2-Face doesn't quite work for me, the human side seems off, like he's drunk. But it's ok overall, I'm more excited for the coin evidence. :p

I'm really excited to get Bruce in the nomex survival suit before it gets batmanized. Hopefully they tighten the chest sculpt up a little, and change the deco to better match the film as I thought it wasn't until after that meeting with Gordon that he painted it black.

DarthBrandon
02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm really liking Green Arrow & Black Canary, Once I have these two my DC Classics is complete.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
dammit, here you go with another one!

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2053275&view=findpost&p=16538391

Spotted DCU Hawkman wave and passed on all of them. Just not interested in this line these days.

plasticfetish
02-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Spotted DCU Hawkman wave and passed on all of them. Just not interested in this line these days.I love the line, but I passed up Hawkman, Shazam! and Killer Moth yesterday at Walmart, because the paint sucked on all of them.

Saw mullet (regular suit version) Superman also, and that figure does nothing for me. I'll buy the black suit version if and when I find a good one, because I want Kalibak.

Oh, and speking of "Collect and Connect" figures, I finally finished Despero and wave 4. It took me forever to find a decent version of the classic Captain Atom, which makes this the only DC Universe series that I've completed. :tired:

figrin bran
02-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Ack! I wish I could find the Hawkman wave! Sadly, I can't count on my local WM's for this line which leaves TRU and Target as my best hope but once they get in a case, they'll sell out and not have a restock for weeks upon end.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Ugh, that guy's cloth cape on the MM Bats figure makes me sad because it is SO much better than the plastic lame-o one we got.

LTBasker
02-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Found the Batboat wave today at Wal-Mart, and have to say it turned out pretty nicely. Haven't opened it yet, though. On the back of the new packaging it shows the '89 Batwing (with a stand), Superfriends Batmobile and Batpod.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Ugh, Batwing, now I MUST own this wave as well. My wallet literally burst yesterday. :p

LTBasker
02-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Well, not sure when the Batwing or Batpod are supposed to be coming out as they weren't in any of the EE case listings. I forgot to mention that the Burtonmobile is also on the back of the packaging.

As for the Batboat, it's a pretty nice little piece. The trailer is pretty flimsy, but it's only a bonus anyways. The top of the boat seems to be metal while the hull is plastic, and there is some paint slop on small silver details over the top of it, but nothing too bad. It's probably the one thing you definitely want to pay attention to when analyzing it at the store. My only other qualm with it is that the Bat logo in the wing/fin looks too small.

I also picked up the version of the '66 Batmobile with the trailer hitch to go with it, which is basically the same as the previous release aside from the hitch. Although, the tires seem to be made of softer rubber and roll far more smoothly than my series 1 version. I can't stop staring at having a trailer hitch in front of a jet thruster, though. That's just...weird.

figrin bran
02-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm actually very, very impressed by Mattycollector.com!!!

I ordered the JLU Gotham Criminals set yesterday shortly after it was made available. I selected UPS Ground and got them delivered by the Flash to my home today! Of course it certainly helps that it shipped out from Ontario which isn't that far from Los Angeles but most importantly, Mattycollector didn't lollygag around like HTS when processing my order.

I haven't even received an email with tracking info yet and so I had no idea it would be at my doorstep today.

The figures themselves look great, especially Harley, Bane and Scarecrow.

RooJay
02-19-2009, 02:02 AM
I agree with you there - so far I've had nothing but good experiences with Mattycollector! Can't wait until Alex Luthor and Ultraman are available!

plasticfetish
02-28-2009, 04:28 AM
I've gotta admit, right now the DC Universe line is probably my favorite thing going... but it's a f***ing crazy line to collect.

Saw most of wave 7 at a local store (Fred Meyer) tonight. They had all but Aquaman, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle... which sucked because I'm on kind of a JLI kick right now, and really want Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Aquaman and his whole "Ocean Warrior" thing is something that I'm not sure about. I'm not very impressed with the paint on any of The Flash or Kid Flash figures that I'm seeing either, so I may not rush to complete this wave. (Sorry Atom Smasher.)

I did get Captain Cold and Big (or more like "medium") Barda. They look great.

Oh, and they had the re-carded Classic Detective Batman and Green lantern figures as well.

Something else... I've seen some of the newer Infinite Heroes figures also. Though they're better, and I was tempted by Batman and Scarecrow, but I can't see myself paying the $7.99 that Fred Meyer wanted for them. Those are really $5 figures at best.

C'mon Mattel!!! P**s or get off the pot. You've got to be able to do a better 3-3/4 line... or just don't bother. It'd almost be cooler if they did a "micro" line (2-inch figures) with vehicles and playsets instead. (Hmmm... a Justice League playset... hmmm...)

plasticfetish
03-01-2009, 01:24 AM
No Batboat for me yet, but I did find a new-ish 1:64 Batmobile. Has new "faster" wheels, and a much nicer card design this time around.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 04:14 AM
I saw that on pegs last week, the wheels disgusted me so much that I tossed it onto the shelf amongst the pile.

I can't remember the last action figure line where Mattel didn't suck.

plasticfetish
03-01-2009, 03:05 PM
the wheels disgusted meBut... they're faster!

I can't remember the last action figure line where Mattel didn't suck.Probably the vintage He-Man line. ;)

DC Universe 6-inch is a good line. Admittedly that has everything to do with who's sculpting the figures, but it's still a lot of fun. And... they're holding at around $9.99, which is a big deal to me.

sith_killer_99
03-01-2009, 07:31 PM
But... they're faster!

No, they're faster than ever!:yes:

LTBasker
03-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I found my first wave 5 figure today. It was a lone Riddler that somehow was completely free from the blister's hold and practically squashed up against the front of the bubble like a bug on the windshield. Another amazing sighting was Killer Moth on the peg above the Riddler, and his bubble was hanging half off with the Kalibak piece long gone.

Just can't win.

figrin bran
03-04-2009, 02:27 AM
I got tired of seeing empty DCUC pegs all the time (or else it's always wave 2 revision) so I ordered Hawkman and Flash from an online retailer.

I'd like to finish Atom Smasher but from that wave I only want Flash, Medium Barda and Booster modern.

I'm hoping that the JLU Bats Beyond/Bruce Wayne/Warhawk pack shows up any day now as March was when they were due to be in stores.

LTBasker
03-05-2009, 06:16 AM
I guess the 1:18 Elite 1966 Batmobile did pretty well, as BBTS is listing a 1:18 Elite version of the Burtonmobile and a 1:12 Elite version of the 1966 Batcycle.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=elite+batman

Of course, this also makes sense because the normal versions of the 1:18 Burtonmobile are going well over $100 on ebay at the moment.

LTBasker
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Found pics at EE of the Elite Batcycle, and it seems that they will also be releasing a regular version in the $40 area. Of course, the picture is the same on both pages and it's unclear if it's a depiction of the normal or elite version, but either way it looks quite nice.
I'm quite curious if this means they will also be releasing a new normal version of the '89 Batmobile, or leaving that to rest. Personally, I would love a rerelease of the glossy version that came in the tube packaging as I waited too long and they completely vanished.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR0006

figrin bran
03-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I got Flash and Hawkman from Cornerstone Comics today!

I'm about to open up both of them.

JediTricks
03-06-2009, 10:34 PM
But... they're faster!They look crappy! ;)

Probably the vintage He-Man line. ;)Nah, that line was full of repaints, poor articulation, and had weak distribution for main characters (well, the ones that didn't have rotating chest armor gimmicks, anyway).

DC Universe 6-inch is a good line. Admittedly that has everything to do with who's sculpting the figures, but it's still a lot of fun. And... they're holding at around $9.99, which is a big deal to me.IMO, DCU is a mixed bag, and they're very difficult to find. I finally saw a Wonder Woman figure on pegs, walked away from it and this whole line. And Target jacked the pricing up to $12, which I didn't notice till I put her back and decided to give the whole thing up.

figrin bran
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
DCUC Hawkman gets an A from me! The sculpt on the wings is just amazing!

Unfortunately, Flash does not get as high a grade as there are different shades of red all over him. It's just like with some of my JLU Flash figures where the torso, arms, legs and head aren't all exactly the same shade of red.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Better pics of new MM are up at EE!!! Lookin' good!! :thumbsup:

Any sightings of the new MM yet? Scarecrow in suit and Final Battle Bats?!?!!?? I haven't seen ANY new MM figures yet. It's kinda sad.

figrin bran
03-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Walmart and Target don't seem to have pegs earmarked for MM's so I guess TRU would be the only place you'd find them right now.

They've sold out now, unfortunately, but I ordered DCUC Barda from TRU.com earlier tonight. Kid Flash is still available if anyone needs one.

plasticfetish
03-12-2009, 06:10 AM
Better pics of new MM are up at EE!!! Lookin' good!!Ahh, man! I need that Dent figure... and those Joker figures... don't know how I feel about bag-head Batman though.

Walmart and Target don't seem to have pegs earmarked for MM's so I guess TRU would be the only place you'd find them right now.

They've sold out now, unfortunately, but I ordered DCUC Barda from TRU.com earlier tonight. Kid Flash is still available if anyone needs one.For me... I'm lucky enough that local store Fred Meyer has been putting out Mattel stuff, but haven't seen any new Batman MM. The pegs are still clogged with tons of Gotham thugs right now anyway, so I doubt that they're looking to restock anytime soon.

BTW, I've seen the Big Barda variant twice now, so if anyone (regulars only) is desperately in need of it, let me know.

Oh, and seein' as how I didn't see this 'till now...

Nah, that line was full of repaints, poor articulation, and had weak distribution for main characters (well, the ones that didn't have rotating chest armor gimmicks, anyway).You're the f***ing anti-christ aren't you? You've actually managed to rip on one of the most fun toy lines of its time. Gawd!

;)

IMO, DCU is a mixed bag, and they're very difficult to find. I finally saw a Wonder Woman figure on pegs, walked away from it and this whole line. And Target jacked the pricing up to $12, which I didn't notice till I put her back and decided to give the whole thing up.I totally agree, but if you can hunt around a bit to find things for a decent price and with proper paint jobs, it's worth it.

Again... I've been lucky(ish) lately in that we've got a few stores carrying the line now, but for sure I'm unhappy that I'll probably never find Hawkman or any of the others from that wave besides Mr. Miracle. (Who's great, don't get me wrong, but I wanted all of wave 6.)

The real problem though, is that you live in scalper central... which sucks. And it's all the more frustrating and stupid, because Mattel is right f***ing there. I'll never understand why they don't open up an outlet where the public can wander in and buy things.

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 07:11 PM
You're the f***ing anti-christ aren't you? You've actually managed to rip on one of the most fun toy lines of its time. Gawd!

;)I am something I don't believe in. How emo of me. :tired: :p

Tell me I'm wrong on any of those points though. C'mon, tell me I'm wrong, prove it, show me how Mattel didn't suck with the things they did wrong with MOTU. They did a lot of things right, but you cannot tell me in all good conscience that I was off base. Or do you need to get back to playing with your Comet Warriors and She-Ra figures?

I totally agree, but if you can hunt around a bit to find things for a decent price and with proper paint jobs, it's worth it.LA is not kind to this line, hunting is not an option, it's very popular with the scalper set, cases don't seem to make it to floors at all.

The real problem though, is that you live in scalper central... which sucks. And it's all the more frustrating and stupid, because Mattel is right f***ing there. I'll never understand why they don't open up an outlet where the public can wander in and buy things.They used to have one, it became scalper central, so they closed it to only employees, then it was the same problem so they made it scratch n dent. Mattel cheeses me off.

figrin bran
03-12-2009, 09:29 PM
BTW, I've seen the Big Barda variant twice now, so if anyone (regulars only) is desperately in need of it, let me know.

plasticfetish, I could use a Barda variant!

plasticfetish
03-13-2009, 12:25 AM
plasticfetish, I could use a Barda variant!I'm going to the store for ice cream right now... I'll see if it's still there. (PM coming later.)

plasticfetish
03-13-2009, 06:01 AM
...and PM sent.

LTBasker
03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
EE and BBTS are being incredibly conflicting when it comes to the "elite" Burtonmobile.

It's either the "Elite" Ghettomobile seen here with styrofoam windows...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT11537&mode=retail&picture=out

Or, it's the "Elite" Lowrider in which Batman has somehow forgotten the spinners. And, unless those guns are articulated they will be completely useless in a drive-by.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR1794

Either way, neither have been convincing as a reason to give up $100 for "elite"-ness.

JediTricks
03-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, it's the latter obviously, since that's the existing 1/18 mold, and their elites often have garish gold on them. I don't even know what that former one is, looks like a Batmobile cake.

figrin bran
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
...and PM sent.

PF, the Barda figure arrived today! Thanks so much for picking it up for me and thanks also for the great packing job. I also got regular Barda along with a Wolverine 3.75" from Tru.com today and the box was completely crushed on one end.

plasticfetish
03-18-2009, 09:27 PM
No problem! Glad I could help.

And yeah... I'll never understand why some places have such a hard time packing a box.

Snowtrooper
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I bought TDK tumbler from Wally's the other day. I'd been on and off debating about picking this up for months. I haven't taken it out of the package, but it seems like a decent rendition of the vehicle. Anyone else have one that they either like or hate?

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 10:17 PM
No problem! Glad I could help.

And yeah... I'll never understand why some places have such a hard time packing a box.
Expense. It's cheaper to pay someone next to nothing to toss an item in a box along with a few airpacks and throw it into a truck than to worry about the number of items that will need return due to damage. Plus, most consumers don't care about packaging so long as they feel like no other consumer has been monkeying around in there.

I like the original Batman Begins Tumbler from Mattel, the one that works with the 5" figures. It's simple, but the sculpt works, the gimmicks are fun, and it's rock solid. As for smaller versions, the Hot Wheels 1:18 version is pretty decent, but the front tires are too big, and the cockpit doesn't open enough for my tastes considering it's got no windows on the side (that's quite a significant thing to give up only to not pay off overall). The 1:43 version is alright, but not as sleek as the figure version.

RooJay
03-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone else collecting the lead painted DC Superheroes figurines from Eaglemoss? They are currently being imported from Britain, where they are offered through a subscription service including fact-filled magazines about the specific character. They're fantastically detailed, very nicely sculpted, and masterfully hand-painted! Eaglemoss has also been running a series of Marvel figurines for some time now, and there are dozens of Marvel characters already available (though some of the older ones may be difficult to find and might be kind of pricey on the secondary market.) The figurines are about three inches tall and cast in lead (keep them away from the kiddies!) They're heavy as hell - you could probably kill somebody with one of them! Even if you don't melt them down and cast them as bullets!

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
you could probably kill somebody with one of them!

Awesome, I want one!!

Seriously, I want the Superman.

Beast
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Anyone else collecting the lead painted DC Superheroes figurines from Eaglemoss? They are currently being imported from Britain, where they are offered through a subscription service including fact-filled magazines about the specific character. They're fantastically detailed, very nicely sculpted, and masterfully hand-painted! Eaglemoss has also been running a series of Marvel figurines for some time now, and there are dozens of Marvel characters already available (though some of the older ones may be difficult to find and might be kind of pricey on the secondary market.) The figurines are about three inches tall and cast in lead (keep them away from the kiddies!) They're heavy as hell - you could probably kill somebody with one of them! Even if you don't melt them down and cast them as bullets!
I've been getting the Marvel ones for several years now.

They're up to 140 characters now. And 20 some specials. Great collection.

RooJay
03-27-2009, 01:50 AM
I've been getting the Marvel ones for several years now.

They're up to 140 characters now. And 20 some specials. Great collection.

Yeah, it's too bad Marvel always gets preferential treatment with things like this, since DC has better characters. Same thing happened with HeroClix. The DC series is still new, though, so maybe they'll catch up eventually.

Beast
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it's too bad Marvel always gets preferential treatment with things like this, since DC has better characters. Same thing happened with HeroClix. The DC series is still new, though, so maybe they'll catch up eventually.
I'll disagree about the better characters thing. ;)

I'm sure the DC Collection will grow to be just as large.

I probably won't collect them though. I was tempted by the Titans, but then decided to pass. I will get Grodd though, cause he's looking pretty darn cool. But it sucks that DC is forcing Eaglemoss to do multiple versions of Batman and Superman in the line. At least with the Marvel Collection we never got that. That next special being a Golden Superman Special of the statue of when Superman died. Feh.

figrin bran
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I'll agree on the DC characters being better :p

We got shafted on DC minimates but that's DC Direct's fault for putting the line on "hiatus".

As I've little hope of finding DCUC at my local stores, I bought wave 6 Supes from a comic book store today.

LTBasker
03-29-2009, 01:15 AM
I've pretty much given up on DCUC, if I actually get lucky enough to find one I want then I'll buy it. But, I'm not going to bust my tenders looking for them or worry about if I'll be able to get a particular figure anymore. The whole thing with the exclusive Wal-Mart wave has just worn me down to where I don't care, and find it immensely stupid to endlessly hunt for figures that have worse quality control than Mexican bootlegs.

RooJay
03-31-2009, 12:55 AM
I'll agree on the DC characters being better :p

We got shafted on DC minimates but that's DC Direct's fault for putting the line on "hiatus".

As I've little hope of finding DCUC at my local stores, I bought wave 6 Supes from a comic book store today.

If you need help there, let me know - the Kalibak wave has been plentiful in my area so far. I've even found a few of the Atom Smasher wave on shelves several times now (the Flashes, Captain Cold, and Aquaman.) The only one that's been very hard to find at all has been Dr. Impossible. Of course, with my schedule it could take a while before I manage to send any out...

El Chuxter
03-31-2009, 01:55 PM
The few DC characters who are better than Marvel are much better (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern). The trouble is DC has too many characters without much following that they think are A-listers (Wonder Woman, Aquaman--honestly, who likes either of them?) and D-listers and below that they don't simply let fade away (Shining Knight? Really?). And characters with real potential that never quite see it realized (Martian Manhunter).

RooJay
04-01-2009, 01:49 AM
The few DC characters who are better than Marvel are much better (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern). The trouble is DC has too many characters without much following that they think are A-listers (Wonder Woman, Aquaman--honestly, who likes either of them?) and D-listers and below that they don't simply let fade away (Shining Knight? Really?). And characters with real potential that never quite see it realized (Martian Manhunter).

Oddly enough, I really like all of the characters that you mention. Yes, even Shining Knight (he's one of my faves, and I say that without irony.) In fact, the point you make about Martian Manhunter can be made of not only Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shining Knight, and a lot of others.
One of the reasons I love DC Comics so much is that they tend to have much more respect for their history and their entire stable of characters than Marvel tends to. It was this sense of history that attracted to comics in general in the first place - it started with watching Super Friends on TV as a kid, which led me to seek out comics. When I looked up comics like Green Lantern and Justice League on the stands I discovered all this history behind the characters that didn't make it into the cartoons, and this incredible wealth of characters that expanded far beyond Superman, Batman, and the Flash! Unfortunately, at various times there have been creators (and readers) that have come along that just really don't seem to get it. They just don't understand the richness and the history, and sometimes that stuff gets pushed aside or flat out ignored to the detriment of all of these cool characters. Maybe it's not for everybody, but if more folks would give guys like Shining knight a chance they might find out why exactly it is that these characters have been around for so long.

figrin bran
04-02-2009, 12:21 AM
If you need help there, let me know - the Kalibak wave has been plentiful in my area so far. I've even found a few of the Atom Smasher wave on shelves several times now (the Flashes, Captain Cold, and Aquaman.) The only one that's been very hard to find at all has been Dr. Impossible. Of course, with my schedule it could take a while before I manage to send any out...

Thanks for the offer, Roojay! Actually what I really need help looking for is Mass Device set #5.

I would definitely buy a DCUC Shining Knight, were he to be made!

Btw, Mattel has revealed their SDCC exclusives

DCUC Wonder Twins + Gleek (pass)

DCIH Anti Monitor (might want one)

JLU Abin Sur/Sinestro/Hal Jordan (definite buy!)

MOTU He-Ro

Ghostbusters Egon w. Slimer

Buzz Lightyear (want!)

Red Mater w. Mia/Tia

RooJay
04-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Anyone planning on going to SDCC that might be able to help me in getting The Wonder Twins and maybe He-Ro? Pretty please? I might be able to hook said person up with free passes (I haven't yet registered, but will let you know if I can help out there...)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2009, 04:27 PM
TDK MM line is getting a trench coat Gordon! Shipping in June!! :crazed:

RooJay
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Since I've got a little extra time today, howzabout a good old-fashioned wish list?

My most wanted for DCUC - in no particular order:

Power Girl
Hourman (modern; classic would be very nice as well...)
Liberty Belle
Sergeant Rock
Dr. Mid-Nite (original or modern, or both!)
The Warlord
Phantom Lady (classic version)
Black Condor (modern - love this guy's look!)
Donna Troy as Wonder Girl (Wolfman/Perez era)
Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl
Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Martian Manhunter (really no excuse why we don't have him already.)
Lex Luthor (modern green spandex version)
Catman
Nightmaster
Blue Devil (going to have to insist on both classic and Shadowpact versions)
Ragman
Enchantress
Zauriel (and though she's not high on my list, it wouldn't be right to leave out Shadowpact member Nightshade; also, would it be to much to ask that they do Detective Chimp as a pack-in?)
Classic Robin (to go with my Classic Kid-Flash)
Huntress (modern)
Animal Man
Classic Adam Strange
Captain Comet (either classic or modern)
Geo-Force
Jonah Hex
any and all Legionnaires! (either classic or Zero Hour versions)

...and Collect-And-Connect:

Validus
Gog
Anti-Monitor
Darkseid (the old one is looking a bit tiny now)
Onimar Synn

...and here're a few that I'd be stoked to see, but that I think are still long shots even post-Killer Moth:

all of the creature Commandos - Taylor, Shrieve, Velcro, Medusa and Lt. Hunter
GI Robot (now an official member of the above group)
Crazy Quilt
Jennifer Morgan (The Warlord's daughter, whom I've always thought was super hot!)
Classic Jericho
Lady Quark

figrin bran
04-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I'd love a Validus BAF as well but I don't know if they'd be able to make him large enough.

Great call on the Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl as I'd rather have that than the Shiera Hawkgirl that we're getting.

Personally, I'd love any Kingdom Come character and any Green Lantern, especially Salaak and Kilowog.

RooJay
04-16-2009, 03:37 AM
That reminds me that I forgot to include Kilowog as one of my BAF choices, and since you mention the GL Corps - Soranik Natu, Vath Sarn, Isamot Kol, and new Ion: Sodam Yat. Plus, Salaak.

El Chuxter
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I just want all of Batman's rogues. Preferably the lesser known or goofier ones: Ventriloquist, King Tut, Louie the Lilac, Egghead, Nick Scratch, Anarky, Clayfaces 1-4 (1 preferably #1 in "Super Clayface" form), Bane's goons. And the old (1980s-1990s) GL Corps, especially Gnort and Ch'p.

Of course, we're more likely to get more postmodern Watchmen wannabe Batman crap like Damien or the Black Glove Society instead.

RooJay
04-17-2009, 02:37 AM
I just want all of Batman's rogues. Preferably the lesser known or goofier ones: Ventriloquist, King Tut, Louie the Lilac, Egghead, Nick Scratch, Anarky, Clayfaces 1-4 (1 preferably #1 in "Super Clayface" form), Bane's goons. And the old (1980s-1990s) GL Corps, especially Gnort and Ch'p.

Unfortunately, Louie the Lilac and Egghead have never appeared in comics (in continuity at least) and King Tut is only just now getting a comic version which looks to be very little like the 60s television version of the character where these three originated. It would be great to get them someday, though, maybe if Mattel ever gets the license to the Adam West Batman show as an extension for the Movie Masters line!

Of course, we're more likely to get more postmodern Watchmen wannabe Batman crap like Damien or the Black Glove Society instead.

Sounds like you have as much hatred for the travesty Grant Morrison has recently thrust upon The Bat as I do...

figrin bran
04-17-2009, 11:12 PM
I got DCUC Blue Beetle today. Now I'm just one piece short of completing Atom Smasher.

Would anyone have C&C pieces they'd like to trade by any chance? I'm short 2 pieces on Kalibak and have a few Despero pieces to trade.

RooJay
04-18-2009, 02:13 AM
Which pieces of Kalibak do you need? I may have one or two extra pieces that I'd be willing to give up for free (I'm already caught up on everything else so a trade would not be necessary.) I also have an extra Atom Smasher leg - whichever one comes with Booster.

Went ahead and ordered from BBTS the last few figures I needed to complete Atom Smasher - Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Big Barda, along with the modern Booster variant. Blue Beetle is an easy favorite (only more articulation would have improved him for me) but I'm also extremely happy with both Boosters and Barda, and Atom Smasher is totally cool! I suppose now that I'm finally caught up (minus the mythical Wal-Mart wave - Grrrrrrr...) I'm guessing the Giganta wave started showing up in stores yesterday! It always seems to happen that way (I'm kidding here - they are probably not out yet.)

figrin bran
04-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I found Ocean Master Aquaman at WM today so that completes Atom Smasher for me. I also bought DCUC Batman from TRU. I held off on it when it was first out and then didn't see them any longer.

Roojay, I need Kalibak's left leg (from Capt. Marvel/Shazam) and head/torso from Killer Moth.

Behold - DCUC Power Girl!!! http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3093

RooJay
04-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Roojay, I need Kalibak's left leg (from Capt. Marvel/Shazam) and head/torso from Killer Moth.

I don't suppose you could make to with two right legs? Sorry.

Behold - DCUC Power Girl!!! http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3093

Mmmmm....Power Girl...
That's one I can scratch off my list!

LTBasker
04-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Anybody still looking for DCUC Series 2 may wanna check out Meijers in slow areas, my sister actually came across pegs fully stocked with a case of series 2. Sadly, only a single Aquaman, but that's more than I had already so it was a welcome find.

That's one I can scratch off my list!

She has that effect on people.

LTBasker
04-29-2009, 03:38 AM
The 1:50 Burtonmobile has been hitting, and it's quite a nice looking piece. Seems slightly bigger than the rest of the cars made so far as it has a larger bubble, and it appears to have a sliding canopy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Batman-1-50-scale-sealed-case-H-w-1989-movie-car_W0QQitemZ350183957453QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiecas t_Vehicles?hash=item350183957453&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Click on the picture in the auction for a larger version.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I got JLU Booster Gold and Dr. Fate show accurate repaints yesterday. The single packed figures are now NCF at Target. Apparently one of their factories/vendors closed up shop unexpectedly in December and thus they haven't had new product from that line at all this year until now.

While it's not completely Mattel's fault, still...it could only happen to them!

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
The 1:50 Burtonmobile has been hitting, and it's quite a nice looking piece. Seems slightly bigger than the rest of the cars made so far as it has a larger bubble, and it appears to have a sliding canopy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Batman-1-50-scale-sealed-case-H-w-1989-movie-car_W0QQitemZ350183957453QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiecas t_Vehicles?hash=item350183957453&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Click on the picture in the auction for a larger version.
Grrr... must... own.. that! Batboat looks good too. I wish this stuff wasn't so hard to get. I still have holes in my Corgi collection from the last wave.

LTBasker
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
You could try MileZone, my stepdad and I have gotten quite a few things from them for various car lines. Out of about 15 or so orders they've only messed one up, and it was a simple mistake. Their prices are $1-2 higher for the newer Batmobile releases, but better than hunting them down, and the shipping is usually pretty fair.

http://www.milezone.net/b150-Batman_c_55.html

They had the Burtonmobile in stock for a couple of days, but sold out before I got to order.

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Found the Flash wave at Target, minus Booster Gold and Aquaman.

DC Universe The Flash - a fairly decent representation of the Scarlet Speedster. Using the line's standard buck body works pretty well here, although the bulk of the shoulders doesn't quite match the lower arms, and there's an obvious plug in the upper back where another figure's cape would go. Rubbery wings on the head and boots, the ones on the head don't quite line up but close enough to fudge it. One real annoyance is the "belt" paint, normally the lightning bolts meet in the middle, here it's just a single lightning line all the way across, don't work as well.

RooJay
05-19-2009, 12:58 AM
That single lightning bolt belt design marks this Flash as the Silver Age Barry Allen Flash. This was the design sported by the character from his intro in 1956 to his death in Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1985/86, and has been a consistent motif with this version of the character in every subsequent appearance on through to his recent reappearance in the DC Universe.
The version of the costume featuring the V-shaped lightning bolt belt that meets in the middle is an earmark of the Wally West version of the character.

plasticfetish
05-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Found the Flash wave at Target, minus Booster Gold and Aquaman.What is up with this wave? I still haven't seen Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, or Aquaman at retail. Saw a bunch of them at a convention recently, but decided to wait... assumed that they'd turn up. Obviously that was wrong.

figrin bran
05-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Mattel may not do a lot of things right but they sure ship out orders on Mattycollector faster than HTS.

On Friday evening, I ordered the JLU LOSH set and DCUC Starfire/Adam Strange and received them today. Last time when I ordered the JLU Gotham Criminals, it shipped out the next day and I only paid for UPS ground shipping.

I was pleasantly surprised at how great the DCUC A. Strange figure turned out.

RooJay
05-21-2009, 01:32 AM
Not so much for Starfire, right? Here's hoping for a second go 'round with her - she really needs a more dedicated sculpt. She's certainly a character who should be worthy of one.

figrin bran
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Yep, not so much for Starfire. I don't own them all but she's definitely the weakest of the DCUC females that I own.

JetsAndHeels
05-21-2009, 09:20 PM
I bought the DC Universe Lex Luthor and Batman the other night at Target. They were the first DC figs I had bought in quite some time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Looks like TDK MM line is pretty much dead:

Here's an answer that isn't anonymous from an "Ask Mattel"

Kastor: Some online stores have listed Gordon as an upcoming Movie Masters figure. Are there any pictures or approximate timeframes when we will see him in stores?

Matty: We did look into doing a Gordon figure but until we get stronger commitments from retailers to carry more Movie Masters we won’t be going forward. We are working hard at this to try and get retailers interested in more figures though as we really want to get to Gordon and others.

Dammit. :mad:

figrin bran
05-22-2009, 10:49 AM
If they've done the tooling, I don't see why they couldn't sell the remaining MM's on Mattycollector. I know that's less than ideal but at least we'd still be able to get them.

El Chuxter
05-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Because Mattel is almost as incompetent as Hasbro when it comes to things like distribution and producing figures people actually want. How a company got the rights to Batman and immediately reproduced Hasbro's fustercluck of the 1990s with armies of Batmen, I'll never understand.

figrin bran
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM
"almost"???

I'd say Mattel has passed Hasbro several times over in those departments!

Beast
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
"almost"???

I'd say Mattel has passed Hasbro several times over in those departments!
Pretty much.

When you look at how they've mishandled just about every line they own.

Of course, they haven't managed to top the incompetance of the last MoTU line.

RooJay
05-23-2009, 05:06 AM
In Mattel's defense - I received my Giganta wave figures via UPS a couple of days ago, and MAN, are those some sweet figures!!! Quality overall seems to have really improved with this wave - no defects on any of the figures I received, nice clean paint aps, no breakage and all of them seem quite sturdy, and all of them are quite nicely designed.

Giganta herself is an absolutely gorgeous figure! The paint applications on her outfit (the leopard print) is incredibly crisp and clean, and quite detailed. She's seriously gigantic as well - she stands actually a good deal taller than Atom Smasher and might in fact even be as tall as ToyBiz's Galactus and Apocalypse; I have yet to do a comparison.

Mr. Terrific is another standout - the paint applications here are surprisingly detailed and clean! No small feat with a character with a complicated a costume as this.

Gentleman Ghost is just a cool design, and well executed here. I can definitely see a future DCUC Joker under all the add-ons of the base sculpt - each of the rather distinctive details of his costume is sculpted separately. I could see them easily reusing this fantastic body sculpt, minus the cape, attached collar and hat, and his frilly shirt collar with an all-new Joker head sculpt popped into the neck joint I'm certain is already there, and voila! it's so perfect ad obvious that I'm absolutely certain this was not only their intent here, but also a major determining factor in the creation of a Gentleman Ghost action figure in the first place.

Dr. Fate is fairly basic, but a great character nonetheless and fairly important in the DCU. He makes good use of the standard buck body, and I have zero complaints here. I do think it was a very nice detail that they actually sculpted his belt buckle as a separate piece - they could easily have cheated and simply painted it on.

Vigilante is another pretty simple sculpt done right by an incredibly clean, sharp paint job! He's a favorite character of mine, and one that I never thought I'd actually see in figure form, so you'll hear no complaining from me here either. His guns seem to be cast of a much stiffer, sturdier material than we have been getting with most figures even from other lines and other manufacturers. In fact, all of the accessories in this wave seem to benefit in this way. They're still not perfect, but I doubt they'll end up with as much droop as we've come to expect of mass-market figure accessories recently. One surprise I feel worth mentioning on this figure - you can actually see the sculpted and painted eyes beneath his goggles, which I never would have expected! Very nice touch!

The Parademons are very welcome army builders here (not that expect there to be enough on shelves to actually army build with them, but that's another issue entirely!) Both make good use of what looks to be a completely new body style, and though they largely use the same, there are more than enough touches added on to make them look completely different. Might have been nice to have a holster or something to stow their guns away, though.

Commander Steel is another pretty basic sculpt, but I again have no complaints as far as the paint applications go. If I have only one nit to pick with this wave, it would be the unfavorable expression they chose for him. I tend to see the character as much more stoic usually. Here we have a bit of a grimace. It really ends up being a matter of personal preference, though I do think I understand that the choice was probably made to break up the monotony in facial expression in this line; just might have looked better on another character.

Hawkgirl is a must have, and I'm very glad we finally have her. She features a very nice sculpt, and has another great paint job. She comes with far more accessories than I think we've gotten used to in recent years - her mace, a short sword, and a long spear to go along with the included stand. I might have liked her wings to be connected at an angle slightly more perpendicular to the ground; they tend to sweep back rather far at the top, and end up a bit forward of her feet at the bottom. Of course, I do also happen to think she could use a little more junk in the trunk (she's ended up a bit...flat) but these are intended for kids, and I've no right to demand such things of a toy.

All in all, a fantastic wave. The character selection might not be up everyone's alley, but as figures in general I highly recommend them! Can't wait for the next wave! now if only Mattel could do something about distribution...

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
"almost"???

I'd say Mattel has passed Hasbro several times over in those departments!AGREED! Mattel has made Hasbro look so good with their recent action figure management failures.

figrin bran
05-29-2009, 05:52 PM
I saw the Brave and Bold galactic hero sized toys at a specialty shop today.

The Bat sub looks pretty good and I might want one when I see it at retail. The Batmobile set on the other hand is extremely overscaled - how's that for a change? The thing is like the size of a Voyager class Transformer. The figures themselves look to be slightly smaller than Galactic Heroes which makes the overscaling of the Batmobile even more glaring. It shouldn't be larger than the Sub and not larger than a GH X-Wing. It might have some sort of gimmick which would explain the size but I'm not entirely sure on that.

In other Mattel news, Mattycollector is going to have a Doom Patrol JLU (even though they were never on the show itself) 4 pack in the near future.

plasticfetish
06-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Cool thing... picked up Booster Gold and Blue Beetle at Target today. Don't know if this means that the long hard DCU drought is ending around me, or if the next wave of figures will be turning up at mass retail soon. I certainly hope so though, as I spotted all of the Giganta wave at a local shop for $16.99 a pop (ouch!) and had to pass on them.

Also, got a Hotwheels Burton Batmobile the other day. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
06-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Mattel says that they'll start selling DCUC wave 9 figures on Mattycollector.com

RooJay
06-06-2009, 02:17 AM
No link for confirmation, or do you have an inside source?

figrin bran
06-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Mattel said so in one of their Q&A's. I'll see if I can find it.

edit:

Found it right here http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?paged=2

It says that they're "looking into it" so hopefully it comes to fruition.

RooJay
06-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Cool! Not that I didn't believe you, just couldn't find any reference to it at Mattycollector.com. That site is pretty useless when it comes to news (not as useless as the non-existent newsletter) considering it's the source of all this stuff to begin with!

plasticfetish
06-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Mattel says that they'll start selling DCUC wave 9 figures on Mattycollector.comHmmm, interesting. Wonder if that means 9 isn't going to be found at mass retail so much. Not that I can even consider it yet. Just completed 7 today (found Aquaman at Target about an hour ago), and haven't seen 8 anywhere reasonable yet.

Be cool if they sold things from earlier waves that I haven't seen online... like most of series 6.

figrin bran
06-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I bought a DCUC unmasked Terry McGinnis from Target today.

RooJay
06-16-2009, 08:54 AM
So forgive me if anyone else has pointed this out previously, but according to the latest issue of Toy Fare, DCUC series 10 will in fact be another of those mystical, and basically non-existent, Wal-Mart Exclusive waves! Looks like most of us can look forward to never being able to add Power Girl or The Joker to our collections! Gotta love that Wally World!

LTBasker
06-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, you know, wave 5 was such a big hit with collectors...

RooJay
06-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Which collectors? None of us have any of them.

So apparently, the San Fransisco Examiner's website has an "Action Figure Examiner" (you'd think I would have know this as a lifelong Bay Area resident) who is reporting the full lineup for waves 10 and 11:

wave 10 -
Joker
Man-Bat
Power Girl
Forager
Beast Boy (great! So now I can look forward to never finishing my Teen Titans line-up as well as my JSA!)
Robotman (ditto for the Doom Patrol!)
Static

(This one is going to leave a [i]lot[\i] of major holes in my collection - lots of favorites there!)

wave 11 - (Collect-and-Connect Kilowog- aww yeah!)
John Stewart
Katma Tui (cool, but I'd prefer Soranik Natu)
Cyborg Superman (hopefully a new, resculpted version more in line with the current aesthetic)
The Shark (he should be big enough to be a Collect-and-Connect himself)
Deadman
The Question
Steppenwolf

(at least this one will be available at all retail outlets...well, at least as available as this line ever is. I'll probably pre-order the lot online as I've taken to doing lately.)

http://www.examiner.com/x-8774-Action-Figure-Examiner~y2009m5d15-DC-Universe-Classics-waves-10--11

Did I ever mention how much I hate Wal-Mart, and their insistence on ordering exclusives and then never stocking them in their stores? I really do think the buyers for toys at Wal-Mart are all eBay scalpers themselves!

LTBasker
06-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Which collectors? None of us have any of them.

Sarcasm. It's the only way I can cope with the slap in the face that kept me from owning the Riddler and the Atom.

wave 10 -
Joker
Man-Bat

Oh good, more Batman favorites that I'll drool over and will have to go without. Have only been yearn for that Manbat since they announced him for DC Superheroes as they ran that into the ground...

RooJay
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Sarcasm. It's the only way I can cope with the slap in the face that kept me from owning the Riddler and the Atom.

Oh, okay I see! Yeah, those Atom and Riddler figures sure were the best weren't they?! Those are my favorite imaginary figures I've ever owned!:thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Cyborg Superman (hopefully a new, resculpted version more in line with the current aesthetic)

Sweet!! Hopefully I can actually find one...but that may be a very tall order.

figrin bran
06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh, okay I see! Yeah, those Atom and Riddler figures sure were the best weren't they?! Those are my favorite imaginary figures I've ever owned!:thumbsup:

In one of the more idiotic moves I've made as a collector, I left a Riddler on the pegs as there were a bunch of other figures that I was buying from WM that day.

Beast
06-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Man, I'm soooo glad I didn't collect the Titans characters in this line.

Sticking Beast Boy, one of my favorite characters, in the Exclusive Wave?

Up yours Mattel. Up yours and the horse you rode in on.

Rocketboy
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Atom and Riddler were really that scarce? I used to see 'em all the time. I don't recall any lately though. If I had known that I'd have picked a few up.

Or am I just not awake enough to note the sarcasm yet?

figrin bran
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Atom and Riddler were really that scarce? I used to see 'em all the time. I don't recall any lately though. If I had known that I'd have picked a few up.

Well, like with many SW Walmart exclusives, this entire wave had spotty distribution with some areas never getting any at all.

RooJay
06-20-2009, 01:05 AM

Well, with eBay prices in the $40 to $130 range for individual figures from this wave, and only about 40 or so auctions total at present, I'd say yes...these were really that scarce.

DarthBrandon
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Well, with eBay prices in the $40 to $130 range for individual figures from this wave, and only about 40 or so auctions total at present, I'd say yes...these were really that scarce.

Didn't see any of that wave up in Canuckville, was really looking forward to Atom & Ridler. I hope this is not the case with Power Girl & Beast Boy.:rolleyes::tired: Stupid Mattel.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Target has the 3 packs of the DC Universe figures on clearance. I picked up the set with Superman, Supergirl, and Wonder Girl for $11.88.

I am happy with this set, because not only do I get a Supes (which for some reason unknown to me I passed on the single carded version) and a Supergirl. The Wonder Girl is just an added bonus. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Just got this e-mail from BBTS regarding my MM figures:

Hi - Mattel has just informed us that the remaining new figures in the Dark Knight Movie Masters line are going to be Mattycollector.com exclusives, and that they cannot fill our order. We are very sorry for the problem on this item. We will need to cancel all orders in our system and remove the item from our site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
www.bigbadtoystore.com

So, the average price for MC.com figures are what, 16-20? They better add in some more accessories or make these two packs or something cos these things were a tad pricey at 11-12 bucks. And that doesn't include S&H too.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
It seems to little ol' me that Mattel is basically completely incompetent at distribution now. Great business plan, morons.

Beast
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
It seems to little ol' me that Mattel is basically completely incompetent at distribution now. Great business plan, morons.
Now? I thought they've been like that for ages.
At least as far back as the 2000's Masters of the Universe line.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
True, but sending this line to the boneyard is one more indication.

figrin bran
06-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I just hope that the production numbers for the Matty MM's are higher than those of the MOTU figures.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Mattel may as well just stop selling product to the public and sell directly to scalpers only.

RooJay
06-30-2009, 05:48 AM
So did the Alex Luthor/ Ultraman 2-pack go on sale and sell out while I was camping over the weekend or what? Availability on the website says they're "currently unavailable" where they used to say "coming soon" just a few days ago.

figrin bran
06-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I think Ultraman/Luthor was on sale a week or two again. Like the Mer-Man release, they split it into 2 separate shipments and sale dates.

Your next chance will be tomorrow, July 1 at 9 am Pacific!

RooJay
07-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Awesome! No warning last time, and two hours after I'm well away from any computer this time! If I still manage to miss out on this set, Mattel will only be assuring that I won't be buying any of the rest of the Crime Syndicate.

JediTricks
07-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Because Mattel hates selling product, I suspect.

figrin bran
07-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Awesome! No warning last time, and two hours after I'm well away from any computer this time! If I still manage to miss out on this set, Mattel will only be assuring that I won't be buying any of the rest of the Crime Syndicate.

Don't fret, Roojay! Ultraman/Luthor are still available right now.

RooJay
07-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I got lucky this time, and they didn't sell out. Not only that, but I've already received them from UPS this afternoon! Cool figures!:thumbsup:

figrin bran
07-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I bought DCUC Robin over the weekend. That was the first time I had seen him at retail and this was the All Star packaging version, btw.

El Chuxter
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM
I got the Infinite Crisis Superman/Supergirl/Wonder Girl today. At Ross. For $4.99. For my daughter, who loves Superman.

When I actually opened them for her, I was shocked. These IC figures look mediocre in the package, but they're really, really awful once opened. Mattel put these out against Marvel's 3.75" figures, which have production values similar to GIJoe or Star Wars? What the hell were they smoking?

I paid $5 for them, for a 3-year-old, and I feel ripped off! Luckily, she likes Superman and "the girls," and that's what counts.

Aside from the really shoddy construction, I'm not sure what disturbs me more: the incredible amount of disparity between Superman (who looks like someone at least tried to make an action figure) or the two females (who are weak even by Happy Meal standards), or the fact that, though the box clearly was intact and untampered-with, it came with two stands for three figures. Not sure how that works. She has no use for the stands, and I can find a definite purpose for them, so no biggie, but, still, is that crappy quality control, or do they not know that two is not equal to three?

Bottom line: I can't believe this was originally $15.

figrin bran
07-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Chux, Mattel includes stands only for female figures in Infinite Heroes and Justice League Unlimited. If it's multipack and there are 2 females, you get 2 stands and if only one, you get only one stand.

In terms of acquisitions, I found a Shazam/Captain Marvel with Kalibak piece last week so I just need the head and torso. I'd bid for them but I'd like the Killer Moth figure as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I spotted the TRU exclusive MM 12'' Joker a few days ago; I have to say this looks MUCH MUCH better in person. The black paint around the eyes isn't out of control like we saw on promo photos; it looks really cool.

Not $40 cool, but cool nonetheless. Had it been in the $20 range, i'd consider it, but $40? Nah.

El Chuxter
07-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Stands only for the women? I guess it's to make up for figures that look like a** and have totally ridiculous proportions (like waists narrower than necks).

BTW, when did Wonder Girl get so dramatically "re-interpreted" so as to have enough confidence to not wear the wig and goggles, much less bare most of her upper body? I actually thought the totally self-conscious superhero was a clever idea.

RooJay
07-16-2009, 08:03 AM
She grew up. Wonder Girl, in recent years, has gone through a pretty nicely handled bit of character growth and development which has led to her coming out of her shell and becoming a very strong, confident woman - as is befitting of a character so closely tied to the Amazons. I say in recent years, but this actually started even back when she was still part of Young Justice. Actually, the figure is so poorly designed that it's ended up showing what appears to be a lot more flesh than was frequently seen in the books. Wonder Girl has also recently taken to wearing a newer, much more modest (and in my opinion, much cooler) costume:

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Chux, you are right..that set isn't very good. Honestly though, I got it only for Superman and Supergirl.

plasticfetish
07-19-2009, 03:05 AM
And so.... DCUC wave 6 turns up at a local "grocery convenience" store, and though they had one of everything out (including both versions of Superman and Dr. Impossible), I practiced a little self control and only picked up Hawkman.

All good things come to those that wait.

plasticfetish
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
As it turns out, when I was at my local Fred Meyer the other day, it wasn't a fluke that they had DCUC wave 6 figures. I visited another store today, and saw a bunch more of them up high on the top shelf. Also, when I only had to pay $7.99 for a Killer Moth figure, it wasn't a fluke as they've got a sale going on.

Anyone in the area that's looking... might want to give Fred Meyer a try. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2009, 12:12 PM
12'' Zod figure. http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FDC_Unive rse%2FClassics%2F12_Inch%2FDay_1&pic=IMG_8958.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Should make J&H happy! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2009, 12:40 PM
12'' Zod figure. http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FDC_Unive rse%2FClassics%2F12_Inch%2FDay_1&pic=IMG_8958.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Should make J&H happy! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pic!! I really like the look of this figure....Every Superman fan needs a Zod figure!!

Jayspawn
07-25-2009, 02:55 PM
That General Zod looks great! Its about time that he got his own figure!

figrin bran
07-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I got DCUC Killer Moth for only $7 from an SDCC dealer so now I've completed Kalibak.

I also got the JLU GL set from Mattel's horribly designed SDCC queue. I think next year I'll just order from Matty.

Blue2th
07-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Anybody see any new Legion of Superheroes stuff at SDCC?

Any news about upcoming 3 3/4 figures, or the future of the line?

figrin bran
08-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I bought the latest JLU box sets today - the heroes set with Supergirl, Mr. Terrific, Hourman and the villains set with Gentleman Ghost, Psycho Pirate, Devil Ray, Tala, Dr. Polaris.

The Brave and the Bold Action League Bat-sub didn't look that bad but I was hoping someone else might take the plunge on it so I can know if it's worth it or not.

Anybody see any new Legion of Superheroes stuff at SDCC?

Any news about upcoming 3 3/4 figures, or the future of the line?

I'll have to get back to you about LOSH.

There are going to be more Infinite Heroes. Exactly what, I'll have to get back to you on as well.

Blue2th
08-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks Figrin. You were there at SDCC so you'd know.

The Infinite Heroes 3-packs have dropped in price at Target down to below $5 at clearance.
Been thinking about picking up a few of at least the JLA characters like the Hawkman pk., Superman with Supergirl, and Green Lantern etc. maybe the Lex Luthor pk.

I think DC would do ok with some LOSH 3 3/4 figures. Start with some Silver age then get into the later costumes.
I don't know how the general public would like them, but I certainly would.
You'd think though that with the animated series, and even some of them showing up in Smallville, they would at least do better than some of the obscurities we've been seeing. They are way out in left field with some of their picks, which I can understand a little with some of the 3-pks. but not the single figures.

Too bad DC doesn't tap into the fan base a little more to find out just what people want. I think they're sort of out of touch. I mean where do you go to even talk to someone at DC?

figrin bran
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Blue2th, Mattel does do Q&A's with various sites so that's one way that ideas can be run across them.

Looking at photos of the DCIH display at SDCC, I see Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, Red Arrow, Animal Man, Grodd, Major Force, Psycho Pirate, Luthor in a suit, Barry Allen, Firestorm, Maxwell Lord (I think)

Blue2th
08-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Blue2th, Mattel does do Q&A's with various sites so that's one way that ideas can be run across them.

Looking at photos of the DCIH display at SDCC, I see Martian Manhunter, Booster Gold, Red Arrow, Animal Man, Grodd, Major Force, Psycho Pirate, Luthor in a suit, Barry Allen, Firestorm, Maxwell Lord (I think)

Cool I'll look for that. Any suggestions?

figrin bran
08-02-2009, 10:33 PM
You can join up at Action Figure Insider (there's quite a lot of DCIH and JLU collectors there) or at Fwoosh.

figrin bran
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Apparently, the WM DCUC 5 pack (Supes, Bats, Luthor, Catwoman, Two Face) has been spotted.

Good thing I passed up the Supes/Brainiac 2 pack at TRU yesterday. I thought about buying it and then repainting Supes' eyes to remove the heat vision but didn't have confidence that I could paint eyes that small. Assuming I find the WM pack, I won't have to go to that trouble just to have what should be the ultimate Superman figure in the line.

RooJay
08-11-2009, 12:08 AM
I don't know...given Wal-Mart's past track record with exclusives, I'd say you have a better chance of winning last week's lottery than finding that one on the shelves! Good luck, my friend!

figrin bran
08-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, I did see a Riddler and an Amazo so there's a slim chance!

It's a shame that what looks to be the definitive Superman in the line is in this set.

Speaking of the Super family, I felt compelled to do some custom mods on the JLU Supergirl from the Legends of the League boxed set as she looked really awful.

Here's what Mattel is trying to give us

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/IMG_3166.jpg

Here is Kara after a bit of sanding and repainting

LTBasker
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Well, Entertainment Earth has listings for individual releases of the Batman and Superman figures that are supposed to be in that set.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR5774
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR5772

figrin bran
08-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Matty's Facebook site has put up "haha you'll never find 'em" photos of Wave 10.

I won't bother to provide a link :p

figrin bran
08-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm kicking myself for passing up a DCUC Green Lantern last week as I could've customized it into a Blue, Yellow, Orange or Red Hal. Oh well...

I picked up another JLU Legends of the League set for custom fodder (going to make a GL Arisia from Supergirl's skirt plus JLU Ice, among other things).

I like the Brave and the Bold Action League line quite a bit! So far I've picked up Bats/Red Tornado and Blue Beetle/Plastic Man. To me, the show designs translate well into these size of pvc figures.

RooJay
08-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Just thought I'd share: