PDA

View Full Version : Superman, Batman & other DC Figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

figrin bran
08-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice work Roojay!

I've also been thinking about buying one of those super pegwarming Ocean Aquaman figures to make a Black Lantern Aquaman or even a Black Lantern Firestorm from equally as pegwarming Firestorm but I don't know how to disfigure the faces so that they look like Black Lanterns.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Release date for the mattycollector.com exclusive dark Knight figures:

September 15: Bank Robber Joker
October 15: Proto-suit Bruce
November 15: Harvey Dent
December 15: Jail Cell Joker
January 15: Arkham Asylum Scarecrow
February 15: Final Battle Batman
March 15: Two-Face

No idea how much they'll go for. Hopefully not too much as i'd love to finish off this line. I stilll wish we would've gotten a damned Gordon. :upset::upset::upset:

figrin bran
08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Release date for the mattycollector.com exclusive dark Knight figures:

September 15: Bank Robber Joker
October 15: Proto-suit Bruce
November 15: Harvey Dent
December 15: Jail Cell Joker
January 15: Arkham Asylum Scarecrow
February 15: Final Battle Batman
March 15: Two-Face

No idea how much they'll go for. Hopefully not too much as i'd love to finish off this line. I stilll wish we would've gotten a damned Gordon. :upset::upset::upset:

I think I've heard $20 but don't quote me on that.

figrin bran
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I ordered the JLU Marvel Family set Monday morning and received them today!

Mattel may not do a lot of things right but the orders on Mattycollector sure ship out quickly. Sure it helps that they're only traveling from Ontario, California to Los Angeles, CA in my case but their order processing is much quicker than HTS's. As for their packing, not so great. 2 crumpled up pieces of brown paper were the only packing materials in the box.

RooJay
08-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Nice work Roojay!

Thanks! I ended up with the extra Cap thinking my brother didn't already have him (he did) but I figured the classic Captain Atom would be a quick and easy custom. With Blue Beetle and the upcoming Question, I figure I'll now only be a Peacemaker, Nightshade, and Judo Master from a complete set of classic Charlton heroes! Maybe I should include Son of Vulcan as well - love that guy! (I understand there are ownership issues with Peter Cannon, no? Of course, I could always go the custom route there also...)

I've also been thinking about buying one of those super pegwarming Ocean Aquaman figures to make a Black Lantern Aquaman or even a Black Lantern Firestorm from equally as pegwarming Firestorm but I don't know how to disfigure the faces so that they look like Black Lanterns.

I'd offer tips, but I generally tend to shy away from customs that I have not the patience for - Black Lanterns certainly qualify there.

Mattel may not do a lot of things right but the orders on Mattycollector sure ship out quickly. Sure it helps that they're only traveling from Ontario, California to Los Angeles, CA in my case but their order processing is much quicker than HTS's. As for their packing, not so great. 2 crumpled up pieces of brown paper were the only packing materials in the box.

Agreed! My Ghostbusters Egon arrived within three business days of placing the order! Same with the last two DCUC two-packs offered. Also agree that the lack of any major packing protection does seem a bit scary, but I have yet to receive an item from them with so much as a slight ding.

figrin bran
08-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Wave 9 is starting to hit retail now, mainly at Walmarts which doesn't do most of us much good.

I would've bought the Supes/Brainiac 2 pack already except that I would want to paint regular eyes on Supes and I'm not very confident in my ability to paint such small eyes. JLU figure eyes are tough enough for me and I don't think I could handle anything smaller. Which leaves me with having to hunt down the WM 5 pack if I want the definitive DCUC Supes (don't like the wide stance on the earlier DCSH versions).

gooeychicken
08-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Anyone know what the Fear Toxin Batman is worth? i just found one randomly at Wally World and it was on clearance got him for $5, did i get lucky?

RUSHBOY
08-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Wave 9 is starting to hit retail now, mainly at Walmarts which doesn't do most of us much good.

I would've bought the Supes/Brainiac 2 pack already except that I would want to paint regular eyes on Supes and I'm not very confident in my ability to paint such small eyes. JLU figure eyes are tough enough for me and I don't think I could handle anything smaller. Which leaves me with having to hunt down the WM 5 pack if I want the definitive DCUC Supes (don't like the wide stance on the earlier DCSH versions).

I have been looking for that 5 pack also with no luck :sad:
I did get lucky today and found some ARF troopers CW @ walmart, so that made up for it !! :razz:

Rocketboy
08-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm assuming that the 3.75 inch line has crashed and burned since my local Meijer's has them clearanced out for $1.00 each.

Not sure which ones they had but I'll probably stop back and pick up the Batman I saw if it's still there tomorrow.

figrin bran
08-21-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm assuming that the 3.75 inch line has crashed and burned since my local Meijer's has them clearanced out for $1.00 each.

Not sure which ones they had but I'll probably stop back and pick up the Batman I saw if it's still there tomorrow.

If you're talking about DC Infinite Heroes, they should have crashed and burned but Target and Walmart are still carrying them and even getting in new stock.

DarthBrandon
08-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Can anyone help me out with a Power Girl from Wave 10?

Rocketboy
08-27-2009, 11:26 PM
3.75" Power Girl? If so I can probably grab one.

If you mean the DC Universe Power Girl then sorry, haven't seen any yet.

figrin bran
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
I bought DCUC Black Canary from a comic store today seeing as how my Targets are jam packed with Cyborg and Captain Cold and Walmarts either have no DCUC or just Captain Colds.

She seems a bit too skinny - this is supposed to be one of the top hand to hand combatants in the DC universe that we're talking about and they really didn't do a good job sewing up the fishnet stockings.

RooJay
09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah, it's pretty weird that all the stores in my area seem to have recently stocked up on wave 6 figures considering how hard each series has been to find, and that series 8 actually started shipping at least a couple months ago now.

LTBasker
09-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Anybody still have the SKU info for wave 5? It's a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try with the Wal-Mart that just started carrying DCUC, maybe they'll have some backstock at the warehouse that needs purging...

DarthBrandon
09-01-2009, 01:07 PM
3.75" Power Girl? If so I can probably grab one.

If you mean the DC Universe Power Girl then sorry, haven't seen any yet.

Looking for the DC Universe Classics Power Girl. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rocketboy
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Looking for the DC Universe Classics Power Girl. Any help would be appreciated. ThanksYeah, I've been keeping an eye out for her tig ol' bitties and Joker also.

figrin bran
09-08-2009, 12:49 AM
I found the Walmart DCUC 5 pack today. However, some fruit tart had swapped the Superman and Batman figures with the Heat Vision eyes and Mud splattered versions from the TRU 2 packs. Why wouldn't they want the Luthor and Catwoman and Two Face figures?

I'll probably never find this pack again. :(

LTBasker
09-08-2009, 02:32 AM
I've been reading the 5-pack thread on Fwoosh, and the abundance of figure swapping cases with that pack is freaking horrible. Some person even returned TWO of the packs to a store, with the Guardian in place of Lex in both sets! As for Batman and Superman getting swapped, it's moronic in every sense to swap out only them seeing as how they're going to be released individually soon enough! What the flying flippity freak is wrong with people?

RooJay
09-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I found the Wal-Mart 5-pack this past weekend also - felt like winning the lottery! Never in my wildest dreams...

A nearby Wal-Mart actually had three of them, and all in perfect condition. If I'd had any more expendable income this weekend I might have picked up the other two - one for my brother, and the other to help out some lucky homie hereabouts. Alas, that would have been a big chunk of change to drop all at once, and I was forced to leave the two extras be. I'm honestly not expecting to ever see them again (as though I ever expected to see anything of the Wal-Mart exclusive variety in person anyway.) I will try and keep an eye out, though.

Some person even returned TWO of the packs to a store, with the Guardian in place of Lex in both sets!

Wow, why would anyone give up Guardian? I would love to be able to find one of him at retail!

gooeychicken
09-09-2009, 10:38 PM
this Wally world ex 5 pack bring Luthor, Bats, Superman, Catwoman and Twoface right? they have 8 at my local wally mart and they have been there untouched for about 2 weeks already, i dont think anyone buys these toys in my area

figrin bran
09-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I found 7 of the WM 5 packs at another WM today and bought one of them.

If only I can have this sort of luck with wave 10 though I'm really not counting on it.

RooJay
09-10-2009, 12:24 AM
this Wally world ex 5 pack bring Luthor, Bats, Superman, Catwoman and Twoface right? they have 8 at my local wally mart and they have been there untouched for about 2 weeks already, i dont think anyone buys these toys in my area

Cool! If you ever happen to come across any wave 10 there (Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, Forager, Robotman, Man-Bat,) I'd love it if you could help me out! You'd have a friend for life, and I might be able to sweeten the deal for ya!

gooeychicken
09-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Cool! If you ever happen to come across any wave 10 there (Joker, Power Girl, Beast Boy, Forager, Robotman, Man-Bat,) I'd love it if you could help me out! You'd have a friend for life, and I might be able to sweeten the deal for ya!

yeah I've been looking out for that wave as well i'll let you know what i come across.

Rocketboy
09-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Has Wave 10 been spotted yet?

figrin bran
09-10-2009, 09:57 PM
No sightings of wave 10 yet. Mattel claims that WM increased their orders for this wave so we'll have to see about that.

I have a feeling that they may show up the same time as the Target exclusive Public Enemies figures. That Public Enemies dvd comes out the end of the month so I'd expect that the toys will be out around then.

RooJay
09-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Hmm, if Wal-Mart has increased their orders from say, one case per every dozen stores to one case per every two stores, then maybe, just maybe there is hope afterall...;)

RooJay
09-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Looks like someone has started an online petition to get Mattel and Wal-Mart to improve the distribution of DCU Classics. Needless to say, I have already signed, I'd like to urge everyone here to do the same for the sake of the collecting community in general:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/30617.html

:thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Rumor has it that wave 13 will have Cheetah, Blue Devil, Cyclotron, Donna Troy, Stargirl, Negative Man, Superboy.

I found Green Arrow at Target today but had to pay $14.99 for him, unfortunately. Even worse, the price is supposed to go up past $15 pretty soon.

GA is a bit of a disappointment if you're an opener as the extra arrows are pretty much worthless. The quiver is solid molded plastic so you obviously can't store them in there. You can't put them into his hands either as there's already an arrow molded into the bow which also limits how you can pose him.

RooJay
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Hmm...Cyclotron, you say? Wonder if that could mean a remake of the Super Powers Cyclotron, who never showed up in the DCU proper (he did make one appearance in the Super Powers comic tie-in, which wasn't necessarily canon) and was created especially for the toy line, or the All-Star Squadron villain? I was never really sure whether or not DC had ownership of the Super Powers characters created specifically for the toy line - guess we just might find out. Personally, I'd prefer the All-Star Squadron version.

RooJay
09-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Superhero Times have posted pics of Series 12. Very cool stuff! I really dig the Metal Men's Iron, and Doctor Mid-Nite is another all-time, personal favorite (would have been nice to have the modern version to go along with Mister Terrific, but I actually prefer the classic version.) The headsculpt on Copperhead is especially wicked, but I'm not too fond of the headsculpt on Eclipso, though. Also, Spectre with glow-in-the-dark skin!!!

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/004981.php

Rocketboy
09-16-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm not really sure who any of them are, but they look really good.

plasticfetish
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Ahh... nice! They all look great. Darkseid looks good as well and comes with a killing glove.

The way things are going, I should find this wave just in time for my 50th birthday in 2018. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2009, 01:09 PM
That Darkseid is incredible!! I want that some kind of bad.

figrin bran
09-17-2009, 12:49 AM
It looks like the Big M has underproduced Wave 9

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/update-on-dcuc9

El Chuxter
09-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Y'know, every time I think Hasbro sucks, with some garbage like the impossible-to-find "Best of the 80s" GIJoe DVD set (with an exclusive figure and the fifth piece of the build-a-MASS Device, and which they swear should be available at stores), I look at the fusterclucks at Mattel and think, "Hasbro really isn't that bad, after all."

RooJay
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah, Mattel is really starting to wear on my nerves lately. As if the Wal-Mart exclusives weren't hard enough to find, now we can look forward to never owning the regular release figures as well. Boo, I say!

RooJay
09-17-2009, 08:30 AM
You know, I was just thinking to myself the other day that it finally seems like Mattel is finally getting the problems worked out with this line. Seemed like the best idea they'd had in a long time that Series 9 was going to be available at Matty Collector, and in fact, I had decided because of this that it wouldn't be necessary to pre-order the set early online as I had become used to doing. Now there's another entire wave that I'm betting I will never see in person. EPIC. FAIL.:upset:

RUSHBOY
09-17-2009, 10:58 PM
If and when they ever make a DCUC Apache chief, Samuari, Black vulcan, El Dorado and Rima the jungle girl 5 pack please dont make it Walmart exclusive !! I would prefer Target, TRU or even SDCC 2010 !! :love:

RooJay
09-18-2009, 03:15 AM
...or even SDCC 2010 !! :love:

Sad when it's easier to get hold of items that are only available at one place in the world, than it is to get them at Wal-Mart, no?

figrin bran
09-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Not that it really makes all that much difference for most of us in Walmart starved areas but Wave 10 was found in Ohio today.

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I saw a set at Ross today that was supposed to be Mirror Master, Flash 1, and some other villain. Flash was replaced by Lex Luthor.

Really, someone is army-building those ****ty LexCorp Troopers? That's quite pathetic.

JetsAndHeels
09-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Really, someone is army-building those ****ty LexCorp Troopers? That's quite pathetic.

Of course, without them, Specialman wouldn't have anyone to fight (nod to Mab's knock-off post). :)

RooJay
09-26-2009, 02:34 AM
So I've been noticing something kind of weird lately regarding wave 9. Maybe it's just me being overly suspicious, but three weeks ago Entertainment Earth had just Black Canary in stock. The next week she was gone but they now had only Deadshot in stock. Then this past week, I see that they've had only Black Adam. It's probably nothing (maybe just a bunch of folks who ordered each individually cancelling their orders for each figure in turn simultaneously?!) but I'm at a loss to explain why and how exactly something like that happens. Could it be that EE is for some reason holding back on their stock and slowly releasing them for order one at a time? Why would they even do that? Wonder what my chances are of buying them one at a time until I have the complete assortment are? Too bad I didn't know these would be so rare until Black Canary was already sold out.

figrin bran
09-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I just thought I'd ask - Any luck with Wave 10, anyone?

My local Target restocked with wave 9 so I picked up an extra Green Arrow and Black Canary to use as trade fodder towards a Power Girl.

Also, is anyone else planning on getting any of the Public Enemies figures? I'll probably get only Bats and Supes.

RUSHBOY
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM

My local Target restocked with wave 9 so I picked up an extra Green Arrow and Black Canary to use as trade fodder towards a Power Girl.

Also, is anyone else planning on getting any of the Public Enemies figures? I'll probably get only Bats and Supes.

I've been looking for wave 10 like crazy with no luck ! I really like all the figures in wave 10 !! On saturday I hit like 5 walmarts and found nothing.

I did find some star wars figures (rum sleg, clegg holdfast) so that was cool !! :thumbsup:

RooJay
09-30-2009, 12:43 AM

I don't even think the Wal-Mart nearest me ever carries DCUC figures, unfortunately. Either that, or they never make past the stock room, which seems just as likely.

I will be buying the Public Enemies figures. I didn't want to at first - not that they're bad figures, just that I didn't feel the need for figures in a different style - then I saw that Brimstone was the Collect-and-Connect figure for this wave, and well...what are the odds that they'll ever do him again in the regular line? Brimstone actually looks pretty close to his appearance in the comics, as does Major Force, so the two of them at least have me sold.

figrin bran
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Anyone seen Public Enemies 6" figures yet?

Supposedly they'll be put out on 10/11 or thereabouts which is also when Geonosis 2 packs are being put out. However, the scanners still read "not in stock" when I punch in the DPCI's.

Apparently, the space for DCUC at Target is cutting cut in half so that Public Enemies has a shelf space.

RooJay
10-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Apparently, the space for DCUC at Target is cutting cut in half so that Public Enemies has a shelf space.

That's ridiculous! How will they ever expect to get a full packcaged figure to fit on half a peg?!

:p

In all seriousness, though, my brother managed to find a second Green Arrow figure for me this past week at Target (not only the first time in a long time he's bought a figure for me, but also only the second time in history his local Target has ever had a DCUC figure in stock! Kidding again...but just barely.) That figure, along with the individual orders I managed to get in at EE.com for Deadshot and Black Adam, and the single Guardian figure I lucked into at Target, means I'm only short Wildcat and Black Canary from this series! Go me!

LTBasker
10-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I saw it mentioned on the Fwoosh that a new wave of the 1:50 vehicle line is out including the Burtonwing, the Batpod (you were right, JT), and a battle damaged version of the B:TAS Batmobile.

Close-up pics of the Batwing: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1128767&image=309768614&images=309768614,309768619,309768624,309768634,309 768646,309768660&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
Battle Damaged B:TAS Batmobile: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Wheels-1-50-BATMAN-ANIMATED-SERIES-Batmobile_W0QQitemZ330366504234QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Diecast_Vehicles?hash=item4ceb60cd2a
Batpod: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Wheels-1-50-BATMAN-DARK-KNIGHT-BAT-POD-NEW-IN-HAND_W0QQitemZ330366505255QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDieca st_Vehicles?hash=item4ceb60d127

Also for those that might not know, the Burtonmobile, desert camo Tumbler and Super Friends Batmobile have been out for a month or two.

RUSHBOY
10-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I went to Target today and found the new JLU 3 pack (Apache chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai) !!

I'm a big Apache chief and samurai fan so was exited to find this !
I hope they make them in the DCUC line also Apache chief BAF and Samurai as part of the wave !! :love:

figrin bran
10-11-2009, 01:36 AM
I went to Target today and found the new JLU 3 pack (Apache chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai) !!

I'm a big Apache chief and samurai fan so was exited to find this !
I hope they make them in the DCUC line also Apache chief BAF and Samurai as part of the wave !! :love:

Lucky! I'm not sure when I'll be able to find that along with the Blackhawk and Amanda Waller/Gen. Eiling packs as the Targets near me are jam packed with pegwarming packs. I got lucky with the Batman Beyond and Cheetah packs but nothing has sold at my local stores since.

Tomorrow supposed to be the day for Public Enemies. Hopefully I'll get my Supes and Bats.

RooJay
10-13-2009, 01:49 AM
I saw most of the Public Enemies wave yesterday, but as someone had already made off with the two I was most hoping for (Black Lightning and Major Force) I decided to hold off on this series.

Also, I recently realized that I'm also still missing Mantis from wave 9 - boo me!:(

figrin bran
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Roojay, Black Lightning and Major Force are in wave 2 and not supposed to be released yet.

Btw, I hit 3 Targets on Sunday and did not so much as see a single Public Enemies figure. Heck, I didn't even see the Public Enemies DCIH packs.

RooJay
10-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Wave 2?! Da hell? Why on earth would they need to have released these as two separate waves? Anyway...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Reminder: Bank Robbery Joker goes onsale at Matty's site here in about 30 minutes or so. I was gonna get two cos I love that scene and a guy was gonna make a custom duffle bag for me, but I don't wanna swing the 20 bucks now that I know that the accessory is just the freakin' bank mask replica that was available last year. D'oh!

So, I'll just be getting one, but i like the look of the figure. :)

figrin bran
10-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Reminder: Bank Robbery Joker goes onsale at Matty's site here in about 30 minutes or so. I was gonna get two cos I love that scene and a guy was gonna make a custom duffle bag for me, but I don't wanna swing the 20 bucks now that I know that the accessory is just the freakin' bank mask replica that was available last year. D'oh!

So, I'll just be getting one, but i like the look of the figure. :)

Traffic on the Matty site might be a bit heavy because it's also an MOTU release date for Teela and Zodac. Good luck everyone!

figrin bran
10-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I got the Public Enemies 6" Superman and Batman today! However, it was disappointing to see that half of the space originally for DCUC has been alloted to Public Enemies DCIH 3 packs.

RUSHBOY
10-17-2009, 12:15 AM
I got the Public Enemies 6" Superman and Batman today! However, it was disappointing to see that half of the space originally for DCUC has been alloted to Public Enemies DCIH 3 packs.

You didn't get the other 2 figures (silver banshee, icicle) in that wave ?
Guess you only wanted supes and batman ! :D
Nice grabs !!

figrin bran
10-17-2009, 01:46 AM
You didn't get the other 2 figures (silver banshee, icicle) in that wave ?
Guess you only wanted supes and batman ! :D
Nice grabs !!

Didn't see Icicle and didn't want Silver Banshee.

JetsAndHeels
10-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Figrin bran, since you got the Supes from the PE line, is there anything distinctive about that one? The reason I ask is because I already have like a gajillion Supes figs.

LTBasker
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
This review has some great pics that may help you out, Jets.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101609a.htm

Old Fossil
10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Any of you planning on getting any of the figures from the relaunch of the Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes line? Here's the link to the press release:

http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/wgtBlog/2009/07/29/mattel-worlds-greatest-super-heroes-high-quality-prototype-photos/

I attached an image of the ad that appeared in ToyFare for Green Arrow. I may well get him, but I'm not so sure about the others. While I've been working on a small Mego Star Trek collection, I've been looking at some WGSH Mego auctions, and feel priced out, mostly. This may be the only way I can get a Mego-quality Green Arrow, a figure I had as a kid and have fond memories of.

LTBasker
10-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Are they in scale with DCUC? It may be the only way to get a Green Arrow for that, too. >_<

Old Fossil
10-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Are they in scale with DCUC? It may be the only way to get a Green Arrow for that, too. >_<

What's a DCUC, LTB? But these are 8", or standard Mego size.

LTBasker
10-18-2009, 12:05 AM
A DC Universe Classic, I was making a dig at Green Arrow being a pain to find due to Mattel's still suffering distribution and short producing the wave. Now it's slightly awkward. :p

figrin bran
10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Figrin bran, since you got the Supes from the PE line, is there anything distinctive about that one? The reason I ask is because I already have like a gajillion Supes figs.

Well, he looks just like he does in the Public Enemies film, which I'd recommend if you didn't get it already. If you read the Michael Crawford review that LTB linked to, I think the Supes and Bats figures are much much better than he's giving them credit for, with a slight edge to Batman.

Definitely check them out when you're at Target and then you can make up your mind.

plasticfetish
10-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Any of you planning on getting any of the figures from the relaunch of the Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes line?I got excited when I saw these figures listed over at Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR2674AA). I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting all of them... I really can't resist.

JetsAndHeels
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
This review has some great pics that may help you out, Jets.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101609a.htm

Thanks man!! That helped alot.

FB, I have yet to see them at my local store, but I am sure they will be there eventually (at least I hope).

RooJay
10-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Yay! I got extremely lucky this past weekend, and managed to come across Black Canary at Target! Seems as though her card had been water damaged with the two sides splitting apart, which I'm betting was the reason she was left on the peg. Not a problem for me as long as the real prize contained within the package is still intact! I'm now happy to report that I am the proud owner of Chemo's lower half, plus one arm! That's a heckuva lot further than I thought I'd ever get with this assortment.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
I got the latest JLU packs from a collector on another site I go to! The non repack figures in these packs are Amanda Waller, General Eiling, Blackhawk and Samurai, Black Vulcan and Apache Chief. I'm not one of those DC collectors that revels too much in Superfriends nostalgia and didn't even buy the DCUC Wonder Twins w. Gleek while at Comic Con but this pack is awesome!

figrin bran
10-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Mattel is making this claim on their facebook

For those DCU fans looking for Wave 9 and 10, they are STILL shipping. Wave 10 has barely shipped. Tons more are on the way throughout the holiday season!

Let's hope so!

RooJay
10-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I remember them insisting that there were plenty of Series 5 out there as well, and we know how much of a lie that was.

LTBasker
10-29-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah. Of course, it doesn't help all that much to mention wave 9 is still shipping due to the previous announcement of under-production. So, they may be shipping, but for how long?

plasticfetish
10-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Mattel is making this claim on their facebook

For those DCU fans looking for Wave 9 and 10, they are STILL shipping. Wave 10 has barely shipped. Tons more are on the way throughout the holiday season!

Let's hope so!I'll believe anything when it comes to this line. 9 and 10 are just rumors, as at this point I've only seen bits of Series 8. Most of the stores around me are still loaded with Series 7.

figrin bran
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Wave 9 is not a rumor :p

In fact, I have an extra Black Canary and Green Arrow to dangle as trade fodder for wave 10 figures.

JediTricks
11-02-2009, 03:32 PM
I saw it mentioned on the Fwoosh that a new wave of the 1:50 vehicle line is out including the Burtonwing, the Batpod (you were right, JT), and a battle damaged version of the B:TAS Batmobile.I was? What was I right about?

Damn I am going to hate hunting down the Batwing, but I gotta have it.
Also for those that might not know, the Burtonmobile, desert camo Tumbler and Super Friends Batmobile have been out for a month or two.I've been running into the Desert Camo Tumbler a lot, and then a few times the Superfriends Batmobile. But I'm glad I bought the Burtonmobile at Comic-Con, would hate hunting it down. The Superfriends mold went wrong somehow between proto photos and final release, the production one is so square and boring and lacking the finesse of the proto that I couldn't drop $8 on it.

Aside from nostalgia, what is the appeal of the Mego re-release lines?

LTBasker
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I was? What was I right about?

I was worried that the Batpod would only be available in the 2-pack at SDCC, but you mentioned there was no way that would be happen. It wouldn't be unusual for Mattel to do, so I was still a bit concerned about it until seeing that it was released to a wave.

Old Fossil
11-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Aside from nostalgia, what is the appeal of the Mego re-release lines?

It's almost 100 percent nostalgia for me, don't know about others. It is very difficult to find a complete vintage figure in good shape, so I imagine this will be an affordable way for collectors to fill in the gaps in their Mego WGSH collections. That, and they are making some characters (like Green Lantern) that were never part of the original lineup; sort of like the retro Trek line did with Sulu and Chekov, and remaking the Gorn to be more accurate.

plasticfetish
11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Wave 9 is not a rumor :p

In fact, I have an extra Black Canary and Green Arrow to dangle as trade fodder for wave 10 figures.Hmmmm... we'll have to see what turns up.

I'm not too worried about wave 9 though. I've seen them (for way too much) at comic shops, and eventually they'll show up at the bigger stores here. It's wave 10 that I'm sure I'll never see... not that I go to Walmart much anyway.

Aside from nostalgia, what is the appeal of the Mego re-release lines?Wow... seriously? That question on a site catering to adults who collect Star Wars toys seems just a little ironic.

In this case nostalgia counts for a lot, but there's also something to be said for the fact that they look like fun toys. They aren't all characters that were made by Mego either. From the first wave, I think only Superman was a character that Mego released (and Lex Luthor as a 12" figure.)

RooJay
11-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Mego did do Green Arrow as well - he was one of the rarer releases.
http://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/greenarrow.html

plasticfetish
11-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Mego did do Green Arrow as wellTrue sir... and it's a great toy, but in this case we're talking about Green Lantern.

Series 1 of the DC Universe World's Greatest Superheroes line includes: Green Lantern, Sinestro, Lex Luthor, and Superman.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR2674AA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And speaking of Hot Wheels... I managed to find the Bat-Pod and the Batwing. They're both cool, but the Batwing is all plastic, so it's just a little less cool than I expected.

The Bat-Pod that I found isn't the all black version that's on the packaging. Does anyone know if that version is also coming out?

RooJay
11-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh I see...for some reason, I could have sworn that Green Arrow was part of the first assortment...:confused:

JediTricks
11-04-2009, 03:57 AM
I was worried that the Batpod would only be available in the 2-pack at SDCC, but you mentioned there was no way that would be happen. It wouldn't be unusual for Mattel to do, so I was still a bit concerned about it until seeing that it was released to a wave.Oh, right, that wasn't even in this thread I don't think, I had forgotten all about it: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=686927#post686927
I doubt this is the reason, but maybe that's why the retail version is gold, so it doesn't step on the exclusive coloring.

Hmmmm... we'll have to see what turns up.

I'm not too worried about wave 9 though. I've seen them (for way too much) at comic shops, and eventually they'll show up at the bigger stores here. It's wave 10 that I'm sure I'll never see... not that I go to Walmart much anyway.I spotted Green Arrow at Target once, thought it was cool but couldn't afford, naturally that was a foolish move.

Wow... seriously? That question on a site catering to adults who collect Star Wars toys seems just a little ironic.

In this case nostalgia counts for a lot, but there's also something to be said for the fact that they look like fun toys. They aren't all characters that were made by Mego either. From the first wave, I think only Superman was a character that Mego released (and Lex Luthor as a 12" figure.)Yeah, seriously. There's something kinda "doll" like about the Mego-style figures. I bought a number of the Toy Biz Marvel line, but stopped when I realized they come off more Raggedy Ann than Spider-Man. There's something about those big, ugly, loose joints, removable cloth outfits, unusable hands, and rotocast heads that makes me wonder if/how these sorts of things have value beyond the nostalgia crowd. Star Wars 3.75" figures seem more like "action figures", and the Sideshow line aims to be high quality collectible figures, so I think Mego vs standard action figures is apples vs oranges. To me, it seems like the urban vinyl craze or the blocko craze (I actually did play with my blocko figs) or the plush characters, once you've bought these crazy versions of all them characters, then what? Are you going to really play with them or put them in serious dioramas?

And speaking of Hot Wheels... I managed to find the Bat-Pod and the Batwing. They're both cool, but the Batwing is all plastic, so it's just a little less cool than I expected.Ugh, "all plastic" has a bad ring to it on this, there's already a very nice die cast one via Ertl from back in the day, so I am not sure there's a point to getting a Hot Wheels one that isn't even metal. That news totally deflated my interest for this one.

plasticfetish
11-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh I see...for some reason, I could have sworn that Green Arrow was part of the first assortment...:confused:I hope he's part of a later release... I can never find or afford a Mego version.

You know... maybe he is part of series two. I seem to remember something about a reworked version now that I think about it... ??? (Or I may just be thinking about a custom that I've seen.)

Yeah, seriously. There's something kinda "doll" like about the Mego-style figures.That's true... and to be honest, it really is probably a 90% nostalgia vs. 10% play value kind of thing. Having grown up with Megos, I can remember when they were the most play friendly option out there--smaller than GI Joe @ 12", and more articulated than a lot of other toys. And again, you've got to remember that the value comes entirely from just how perfectly they were designed and marketed toward the average 6-10 year old... back when they actually still played with toys.

Ugh, "all plastic" has a bad ring to it on this, there's already a very nice die cast one via Ertl from back in the day, so I am not sure there's a point to getting a Hot Wheels one that isn't even metal. That news totally deflated my interest for this one.I'm on the fence about it... still deciding. On the one hand, it's a cool looking thing, and the little display stand is nice (which is probably why they opted for as light-weight a material as they could.) But on the other hand, something made out of metal would have been great.

I kind of wonder if they were worried about kids (as if they'd ever buy this... or find one) throwing these at each other.

Old Fossil
11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, seriously. There's something kinda "doll" like about the Mego-style figures. I bought a number of the Toy Biz Marvel line, but stopped when I realized they come off more Raggedy Ann than Spider-Man. There's something about those big, ugly, loose joints, removable cloth outfits, unusable hands, and rotocast heads that makes me wonder if/how these sorts of things have value beyond the nostalgia crowd. Star Wars 3.75" figures seem more like "action figures", and the Sideshow line aims to be high quality collectible figures, so I think Mego vs standard action figures is apples vs oranges. To me, it seems like the urban vinyl craze or the blocko craze (I actually did play with my blocko figs) or the plush characters, once you've bought these crazy versions of all them characters, then what? Are you going to really play with them or put them in serious dioramas?

I don't know, JT. Are they any more or less "doll" like than the Six Million Dollar Man, classic 12" G.I. Joe, or the 12" "action figures" currently made by Sideshow?

Looking at my small Mego collection, I don't see any exposed joints, none at all. They are obvious when the figures are, uh, naked, but otherwise they are not seen, thanks to those wonderful cloth outfits (what's wrong with cloth outfits, btw?). As far as the hands, well, no, they don't grasp their weapons as securely as some modern figures; but many vintage Star Wars 3 3/4" figures couldn't, either. (I'm looking at Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia, the Snowtrooper, the Biker Scout, and Nien Nunb right now; I had to wedge their weapons, if you will, into their little molded mitts. The Megos I have hold their weapons better than that -- hardly unusable.*) And rotocast heads were still being used until recently in some figure lines, weren't they?

I'm biased, though, I'll admit.:) And in the end, I have to agree that it's mostly nostalgia that keeps my interest in both the old line and the ReMegos.

*I know you probably refer to figures with gloves, like Green Arrow and Robin. In that case, I can't argue with you, other than to say that I don't remember it being an issue for me as a kid.

JediTricks
11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I saw the 6" Public Enemies line at Target last night, they put them on the bottom shelf so it was only by luck that I looked down to the floor to see them. I wasn't tempted to buy any of them, not the characters I didn't know, and not the semi-cartoony heroes. The only one I think that looks good is Supes, the style fits him, but it's not a stretch.

That's true... and to be honest, it really is probably a 90% nostalgia vs. 10% play value kind of thing. Having grown up with Megos, I can remember when they were the most play friendly option out there--smaller than GI Joe @ 12", and more articulated than a lot of other toys. And again, you've got to remember that the value comes entirely from just how perfectly they were designed and marketed toward the average 6-10 year old... back when they actually still played with toys.I never owned any Mego figs back in the day, I think I was a little too young. My fancy was always with 3.75" figures when I was a kid though, anything around that scale was to my liking especially if there were lots of accessories and vehicles: Star Wars, Super Powers, GI Joe ARAH, MOTU (not 3.75", I know).

I'm on the fence about it... still deciding. On the one hand, it's a cool looking thing, and the little display stand is nice (which is probably why they opted for as light-weight a material as they could.) But on the other hand, something made out of metal would have been great.You make a good argument for why they'd want to go light, but that's such cart-before-the-horse thinking that I can only hope it's not the case or Mattel is even more inept than... hmm, even typing that sentence it rings likely. :p

I kind of wonder if they were worried about kids (as if they'd ever buy this... or find one) throwing these at each other.I doubt it, by that argument any metal toy is exactly as dangerous, especially a batmobile with lots of pointy bits. I know they aren't shaped like batarangs the way the Batwing is though.

I don't know, JT. Are they any more or less "doll" like than the Six Million Dollar Man, classic 12" G.I. Joe, or the 12" "action figures" currently made by Sideshow?
I was thinking about the GI Joe thing last night, about why classic Joe is in any way less doll-like than Mego. I think it has to do with the style and quality of the figures and even the outfits, as well as the accessories. But that's a thin line I suppose. The outfits on Mego look so cheap to me, they have a softer feel to them than GI Joe outfits, and they bunch funny whenever a joint is moved. The bodies also have a kiddie styling to them which I can't explain very well, it's how the legs and arms splay away from the body. The heads too, Mego heads are rotocast like GI Joe but simpler and with slightly friendlier expressions. The sew on the costumes also is baggy now that I'm looking closer at the figs, like a kid wearing jammies, that goes back to how the outfits move too, why the bunch up in doll-like ways.

Looking at my small Mego collection, I don't see any exposed joints, none at all. They are obvious when the figures are, uh, naked, but otherwise they are not seen, thanks to those wonderful cloth outfits (what's wrong with cloth outfits, btw?). As far as the hands, well, no, they don't grasp their weapons as securely as some modern figures; but many vintage Star Wars 3 3/4" figures couldn't, either. (I'm looking at Bespin Luke, Hoth Leia, the Snowtrooper, the Biker Scout, and Nien Nunb right now; I had to wedge their weapons, if you will, into their little molded mitts. The Megos I have hold their weapons better than that -- hardly unusable.*) And rotocast heads were still being used until recently in some figure lines, weren't they? Doesn't Robin have exposed knees, and the Hulk exposed upper body and knees, and poor poor Conan the Barbarian exposed EVERYTHING? And every non-gloved figure has exposed wrists, those big riveted numbers. But you're right technically, the joints largely aren't exposed, it's just that their bulk shows through the costumes, and for some figures they put on body suits to try to cover up the joints which only made things look more doll-esque to me. And they all have the same crappy girlie hands, I forgot about that one, those are lame, big heads and then tiny hands on very normal guy bodies wearing what look like homemade '60s halloween costumes (with oven mitts ;) ).

The 3.75" figures can get away with simple hands not holding accessories well because they're SMALL figures, Mego are twice the scale.

The quality of the rotocast heads on the Mego line I don't think really look like the quality being turned out by other lines of the time. They have gotten better in the last 10 years from other companies but largely the Mego-style figures out there are trying to emulate the simpler styling that company did.

I'm biased, though, I'll admit.:) And in the end, I have to agree that it's mostly nostalgia that keeps my interest in both the old line and the ReMegos.Thanks for the info.

*I know you probably refer to figures with gloves, like Green Arrow and Robin. In that case, I can't argue with you, other than to say that I don't remember it being an issue for me as a kid.Lower standards due to less competition. :p

Old Fossil
11-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I never owned any Mego figs back in the day, I think I was a little too young.

I figgered as much, young feller. It's okay.:laugh:

Lower standards due to less competition. :p

And we liked it that way!:upset:lol

JetsAndHeels
11-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Remember the shift attack sports coupe from TDK toyline? I found a few of them tonight at a local closeout store for $9.99 each. For that price it was hard to pass on, so I picked one up. It's a pretty cool toy.

I know this isn't anything new toy wise, but I am glad I got one at that low price.

JediTricks
11-07-2009, 03:37 AM
I bought said sports coupe, reminded me of MASK, I loved MASK. It's an ok toy, fun to play with. They released it in a second color, lighter, I didn't care for it. Nice get on that price.

I saw a kid playing with one recently, I don't remember quite where but it amused me to see it being enjoyed.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-19-2009, 10:45 AM
MM TDK figs are going BACK to retail in the spring after they're up on matty's site for $15 instead of $20.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#DK-TRU

Interesting to say the least.

Rocketboy
11-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Found a Power Girl and 2 Black Batmans (Batmen?) today.
I left the Bats. That black look is too '90's for me.

Gotta keep searchin' for Joker.

figrin bran
11-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I wish I could find DCUC wave 10...

Anyhow, mattycollector.com is having a sale until 12/7 on all of their DC figures but you need to buy at least 2 to save 15% and at least 4 to save 25%.

RooJay
11-27-2009, 04:11 PM
My brother found each of us a Power Girl this past week, and a few days later he actually found an almost complete set of wave 10 minus Man-Bat and Robotman except for reasons unknown someone had removed all of the Imperiex Collect-and-Connect pieces. Why someone would want Imperiex but not Joker or Power Girl is far beyond my powers of comprehension. My bor decided to hold out for complete packaged figures.

As an aside, I saw an add for an upcoming issue of one of the major action figure magazines (can't remember which one) which featured a DCUC Cyclotron figure that I hear is from wave thirteen. Cyclotron being one of the characters originally designed by Kenner for the Super Powers line.

LTBasker
11-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Probably because Imperiex is apparently the first army-builder C&C because it's too small to be the actual Imperiex, but the appropriate height for one of his drones. So, people are wanting more than just one.

Either the C&C thefts have gone up because it's become more widely known, or because the wave is getting somewhat easier to find. Either way, these people should be freaking shot.

figrin bran
11-28-2009, 09:14 PM
At WM yesterday, I found...

completely empty DCUC pegs.

I did pick up two DC Direct Blackest Night figures at my local comic shop's sale - Got Black Lantern Supes and Indigo 1.

DarthBrandon
11-30-2009, 06:59 AM
My brother found each of us a Power Girl this past week, and a few days later he actually found an almost complete set of wave 10 minus Man-Bat and Robotman except for reasons unknown someone had removed all of the Imperiex Collect-and-Connect pieces. Why someone would want Imperiex but not Joker or Power Girl is far beyond my powers of comprehension. My bor decided to hold out for complete packaged figures.

As an aside, I saw an add for an upcoming issue of one of the major action figure magazines (can't remember which one) which featured a DCUC Cyclotron figure that I hear is from wave thirteen. Cyclotron being one of the characters originally designed by Kenner for the Super Powers line.

You Lucky SOB, I would like to find just one Green Arrow & 1 Power Girl.:upset: We have no sellers here except our local comic shop & he caters to his buddy which means we get the left over scraps.:upset: TRU is hit & miss (95% miss) so I'm pretty much not getting either of them. On a side note I did get Black Canary at said comic shop, turns out she has the Green Arrow card bio on the back of the card which is pretty cool I guess.:thumbsup: Here's to hoping GA & PG find their way into my hands somehow soon. :D

RooJay
12-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Came across yet another Power Girl this weekend. This time she included a broken leg from a Power Ranger villain in place of the Imperiex leg. I'm a lifelong DC fan, and I still can't believe that Imperiex is popular, or even commonly know enough that he's this popular. Worse yet is that it's starting to look like people actually don't want Power Girl! That's just something that I cannot fathom.
Speaking of Power Girl, it took me a bit to notice that they're using the outmoded, Zero Hour retcon of her origin on her package back. Seems like they'd be doing much more service by the character by pointing out her connection to Superman. I know some folks would be confused by the whole alternate Earth thing, but no more confused than they've got to be by trying to figure out who Arion is and what he's got to do with anything.

DarthBrandon
12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Came across yet another Power Girl this weekend. This time she included a broken leg from a Power Ranger villain in place of the Imperiex leg. I'm a lifelong DC fan, and I still can't believe that Imperiex is popular, or even commonly know enough that he's this popular. Worse yet is that it's starting to look like people actually don't want Power Girl! That's just something that I cannot fathom.
Speaking of Power Girl, it took me a bit to notice that they're using the outmoded, Zero Hour retcon of her origin on her package back. Seems like they'd be doing much more service by the character by pointing out her connection to Superman. I know some folks would be confused by the whole alternate Earth thing, but no more confused than they've got to be by trying to figure out who Arion is and what he's got to do with anything.

I want Power Girl, with or without the Imperiex leg piece.:yes::thumbsup:

gooeychicken
12-01-2009, 10:03 PM
I have a spare Power Girl if anyone is interested just PM me :)

RooJay
12-02-2009, 01:54 AM
My bro managed to find Robotman, Forager, and Man-Bat for me leaving me just a Beast Boy and Joker shy of a complete set! A complete set of Wal-Mart exclusives! Who'd have thought I'd ever live to see the day?! Maybe there's still a chance they'll actually get those Series 5 figures in stock finally! :cross-eye
I really dig my new Forager! He was always a favorite, and I never thought I'd see him in figure form, and so well done to boot!
Robotman seems a bit disappointingly short, however. Still a good figure that I'm glad to have.

DarkArtist
12-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm hoping to find a Joker figure from this set...he's the only one I really want... also need a Bats figure as well but might just use a Movie Masters Dark Knight figure

figrin bran
12-03-2009, 01:11 AM

It may be because she is packed two per case. I still have not seen any wave 10 at all but a collector on another site got a Power Girl for me.

In the meantime, I'm a bit worried that wave 2 of the Public Enemies figures may not show up at some of my Target stores as they're currently clogged with wave 1 Public Enemies. I bought Icicle and Silver Banshee in hopes of completing Brimstone so I would definitely like to see Major Force and Black Lightning make it onto the shelves.

RooJay
12-03-2009, 01:26 AM
There's plenty of space on the shelves in my area. When Black Lightning and Major Force show up, I'd be plenty willing to help you out in acquiring them. I'll let you know when I see them.

figrin bran
12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
There's plenty of space on the shelves in my area. When Black Lightning and Major Force show up, I'd be plenty willing to help you out in acquiring them. I'll let you know when I see them.

Thanks!

I made a trip to WM today, hoping for the ESB wave actually. There was none but there were 4 Power Girls on the pegs. Like Roojay has been saying, it's mystifying why she's constantly being left behind. Even though she's packed 2 per case, she's still one of the best, if not the best, female figure in the line. (Take that whichever way you want :p )

Jayspawn
12-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Found the Joker and Batman at Wal-Mart today. I was surprised too, because this particular Wal-Mart is pretty unreliable in terms of having any good figure from any line. No sign of ManBat though.

DarkArtist
12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
so want the Joker...he's my favorite DC villian of all time. might just be my favorite villian ever out of any medium

RooJay
12-10-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm only down a Joker and a Beast Boy to complete my set, and Mantis and Wildcat for series 9. If anybody where able to help me out there, I'd be ever so gracious!

RooJay
12-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Seriously, if anyone has an extra Wildcat and Mantis (either version, or both) for trade, I may be able to help out with Series 10. I miraculously managed to find a place that is home to a solid six foot run of nothing but Series 10 figures!

Now, before I get a ton of PMs begging for me to pick up figures to fill in folks' collections, please note that we are very close to the holidays which leaves me with not much free capital for such transactions, and I do work a schedule that makes it difficult for me to make many trips to the post office. I'd love to help, but I may have to limit myself to trades for the moment. If there remains a decent stock of these figures aftre the holidays, I might be able to help out a few folks - particularly the one's that I have traded with in the past at first.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-15-2009, 08:28 AM
I feel bad that I found two sets of the WM wave and sold them to friends without looking here. I'll keep lookin' for you folks though!!

12'' Zod and TDK Survival Bruce Wayne go onsale today at matty's site. The price on TDK figs dropped, making things a bit easier to stomach.

figrin bran
12-18-2009, 01:21 AM
The new DCUC packaging looks pretty nice.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-packaging-for-dcuc

I'm probably going to buy the Wave 11 DCUC set from Mattycollector next week since I really want to complete Kilowog. Would anyone be interested in Shark and the two Steppenwolf figures?

RooJay
12-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Got my Justice In The Jungle 2-pack from MattyCollector today! You just can't beat B'Wana Beast and Animal Man - awesome set! Animal Man does look a bit old in the face, though, but this is actually pretty consistent with his recent depiction in the comics. I am left to wonder where B'Wana Beast's nipples have gone off to, however.

Also, if anyone was wondering - it took me a grand total of three days to receive my toys from Matty after placing my order. I also have a few items on order from StoreHorsemen.com, for which I have only just today received my shipment notification - a full seven days after placing my order. For shame.:whip:

figrin bran
12-24-2009, 02:06 AM
I ordered DCUC wave 11 from Matty this morning, got shipping notice tonight and should be receiving it tomorrow. :D

plasticfetish
12-28-2009, 04:39 AM
So, wave 9 DCUC has started showing up near me now... at last. Part of wave 8 was trickling in just before Christmas, but I've only seen two or three from that wave. Weird. Anyway... I picked up Green Arrow from wave 9 for now. More to come hopefully.

JediTricks
12-28-2009, 05:12 PM
The new DCUC packaging looks pretty nice.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/new-packaging-for-dcuc

I'm probably going to buy the Wave 11 DCUC set from Mattycollector next week since I really want to complete Kilowog. Would anyone be interested in Shark and the two Steppenwolf figures?
I don't care for it, m'self. It's very busy visually in the back leaving the front to look emptier than before. IMO, Mattel has failed packaging 101 so many times with their DC license that it's like they're trying to scuttle the line.

GizorDellso
12-29-2009, 11:16 PM
I am in desperate need of an Imperiex right arm and Chemo torso.I have DCUC figures for trade.

Rocketboy
12-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Saw Man Bat and another Power Girl today, but no f**king Joker.

RooJay
12-31-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't care for it, m'self. It's very busy visually in the back leaving the front to look emptier than before. IMO, Mattel has failed packaging 101 so many times with their DC license that it's like they're trying to scuttle the line.

Do people really still care about packaging? Honestly, the new package design could've been the figure scotch taped to a piece or corrugated cardboard, and I would've been even happier as long as it came with a price drop. Sure as heck would save me a lot of room in the recycling bin - those plastic blisters are a pain to dispose of!

Got my Kilowog set a couple days ago - Kilowog is AWESOME! I was also very impressed with the sculpt on John Stewart - that head is one of the best in the line so far as I'm concerned.

figrin bran
12-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Do people really still care about packaging? Honestly, the new package design could've been the figure scotch taped to a piece or corrugated cardboard, and I would've been even happier as long as it came with a price drop. Sure as heck would save me a lot of room in the recycling bin - those plastic blisters are a pain to dispose of!

Got my Kilowog set a couple days ago - Kilowog is AWESOME! I was also very impressed with the sculpt on John Stewart - that head is one of the best in the line so far as I'm concerned.

Tell me about it! I just dumped out all the DCUC wave 11 bubbles that I got from Matty into the recycling bin.

Totally agree - Kilowog is really awesome! Not that I've completed many of the build a figures but he's definitely the best!

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Do people really still care about packaging? Honestly, the new package design could've been the figure scotch taped to a piece or corrugated cardboard, and I would've been even happier as long as it came with a price drop. Sure as heck would save me a lot of room in the recycling bin - those plastic blisters are a pain to dispose of!Yes, packaging still matters. It can convey context and display the product to an unsure market, which the majority of eyes on it will be.

buddyfingers
01-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Question about Mattycollector. When you guys are ordering from them how much does it cost for an entire wave? What is the breakdown as far as per figure price. Since they are averaging around $16.00 for figure in the stores I am trying to figure out if their is a price break when you order a case also taking into account shipping:thumbsup:

Thanks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Matty collector has pics of the new Joker figure due out 2/15 and the sculpt looks awesome!! http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.171121500

Plus, he comes with an actual freakin' weapon! I might have to buy two and do a headswap on my other Joker figure. And Harvey goes onsale today! :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
01-17-2010, 11:39 PM
So... waves 8 and 9 continue to turn up at my local Fred Meyer stores. I've scored Dr. Fate and Commander Steel from wave 8. I was going to hold out for the classic version of Dr. Fate, but gave in to the modern version. I'll be holding off on Mr. Terrific and Vigilante until after I've found Gentleman Ghost the classic version of Parademon. (I'm not really into Mr. Terrific or Vigilante, but I want to finish Giganta.) No sign of Hawkgirl.

From wave 9 I've bought Green Arrow (as mentioned), Guardian and Black Adam. I've seen all the rest, but haven't found versions with really good paint jobs, so I'm still looking.

Gotta give credit to my local Fred Meyer stores BTW. As weird as distribution has been with this line, I've consistently managed to (eventually) find every figure that I've wanted, and more importantly, they're still charging a reasonable $9.99 for DCUC figures.

Come to think of it... I don't think I've been inside a Target or Walmart for several months now. ;)

figrin bran
01-18-2010, 12:48 AM
DCUC figures are on sale for 7.99 this week at Target.

plasticfetish
01-18-2010, 03:38 AM
Nice! A significant drop from the $13 (or whatever it is) that they usually charge. I suppose I may have to take a trip to Target after all.

plasticfetish
01-19-2010, 01:40 AM
DCUC figures are on sale for 7.99 this week at Target.Thanks figrin bran! Hit Target on the way home tonight, and they did indeed have DCUC for $7.99. I didn't see any that I needed (from waves 6 and 7), but I'll be looking around over the next few days at other stores.

figrin bran
01-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I found some wave 2 of Public Enemies today. Bought Major Force and the blue Batman and now I just need Black Lightning to complete Brimstone.

buddyfingers
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks figrin bran! Hit Target on the way home tonight, and they did indeed have DCUC for $7.99. I didn't see any that I needed (from waves 6 and 7), but I'll be looking around over the next few days at other stores. I was wondering did that sale end today or yesterday? The people at target couldn't tell me when the sale was supposed to be over. I got a few good ones for that sale price over the weekend and wanted to go around and try and find some more.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-28-2010, 09:59 AM
whats the deal with infinite crisis heros now? Are they going to upgrade the figures were they are actually possiable or are they going to keep the same lame format going with them?

Daryl VayDar
01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
They seem to be "in-between" right now. If you look at the Target boxed sets, you'll see the new levels of articulation on Bats, Supes, and Captain Atom alongside the old style on figures like Black Lightning and Hawkman.

The last (I think) wave of the "Crisis" series has a mixture of both styles- Blue Beetle uses the old Flash body but the Martian Manhunter has the new style. When the new packaging hits, we should be pretty much done with the original bodies and into the new style.

And honestly, while the new style has more articulation, I think that it looks worse than the original designs- it's very awkward and ugly and it makes NO attempt to integrate/hide the articulation...

figrin bran
01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I got Public Enemies Black Lightning today. Now my Brimstone is complete!

Maradona
01-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Target seems to be putting out more DCUC recently. I finally found a Gentleman Ghost in the past week, along with a variant Dr. Fate and an old Robin, which made think I could finally locate a Nightwing to finish my Solomon Grundy. Not yet, though.

Rocketboy
01-30-2010, 12:36 AM
I wish Walmart would put more out.
Still ain't found a Joker yet.

RUSHBOY
01-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I got Public Enemies Black Lightning today. Now my Brimstone is complete!

Congrats !! I am way behind on my Brimstone, I only have Black lightning and major force so far !! I cant wait to get the other 4 and complete Brimstone. :whip:

Maradona
01-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Still ain't found a Joker yet.

I've never seen that wave at retail.

RooJay
01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
A friend of mine came across the last two Series 9 figures I needed at a mall collectibles show for a decent price - Mantis and Wildcat for 30 bucks (for both.) Finally, my Chemo is complete! Just need the last two pieces of Brimstone now.

plasticfetish
01-31-2010, 05:35 AM
A friend of mine came across the last two Series 9 figures I needed at a mall collectibles show for a decent price - Mantis and Wildcat for 30 bucks (for both.) Finally, my Chemo is complete! Just need the last two pieces of Brimstone now.Ahh... you found Wildcat and Mantis... awesome. I haven't seen either for weeks now (the only two that I can't find from that wave.)

I did find the classic Parademon from wave 8 finally, so now I'm really hoping that a Gentleman Ghost will turn up at some point.

buddyfingers
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Seems there could be a problem with the wave 12 build a figure Darkseid, a friend of mine just told me he was putting him together and there is a problem with the lower body attaching correctly. He found the same defect in more than one piece (same problem same piece) anybody else know anything about this?

Maradona
01-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Finally tracked down Major Force and Black Lightning. All I had been finding from that wave recently was the Superman/Batman updates. At first, I didn't realize they were different than the first wave. I now regret not picking the original versions up to complete the set. I'm sure they'll turn up.

Two different Targets had their Infinite Heroes on clearance, but only at 30%. If they go to 50%, I'll consider them.

RooJay
02-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Ahh... you found Wildcat and Mantis... awesome. I haven't seen either for weeks now (the only two that I can't find from that wave.)

I did find the classic Parademon from wave 8 finally, so now I'm really hoping that a Gentleman Ghost will turn up at some point.

I've seen some Series 8 showing up at TRU with stickers labelling them as exclusives to that store (though that doesn't really make sense since I found almost all of that wave everywhere but) though no Gentlman Ghost so far - my brother still needs him as well.

It's pretty neat how much different the Super Powers version of Mantis is from the Classic version. I doubt there's a single piece reused between the two versions, and Super Powers Mantis stands quite a bit taller than the other one. Good job Mattel!

buddyfingers
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Seems there could be a problem with the wave 12 build a figure Darkseid, a friend of mine just told me he was putting him together and there is a problem with the lower body attaching correctly. He found the same defect in more than one piece (same problem same piece) anybody else know anything about this? Anybody????????

Maradona
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Anybody????????

Sorry, I haven't seen them at retail yet and even then, I'll probably wait for Mattycollector.com to sell them by the case.

buddyfingers
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
A friend of mine came across the last two Series 9 figures I needed at a mall collectibles show for a decent price - Mantis and Wildcat for 30 bucks (for both.) Finally, my Chemo is complete! Just need the last two pieces of Brimstone now. Hey Roojay, that would't happen to be the Serramonte show last weekend would it? I went to that show and there was some good stuff there. I know many of the vendors too and always make out with some good deals.

There is a convention coming up in March I believe at the Scottish rites center in sacramento, I will be there selling with a friend and we should have some good stuff with good prices too.

Anybody else know about this show or plan on going?

BTW thanks for the reply maradona

plasticfetish
02-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Anybody????????Yeah... seeing as how it'll probably be another year before these turn up in my area (the upper left corner of the country), I'll have to let you know in 2011. ;)

RooJay
02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey Roojay, that would't happen to be the Serramonte show last weekend would it? I went to that show and there was some good stuff there. I know many of the vendors too and always make out with some good deals.

There is a convention coming up in March I believe at the Scottish rites center in sacramento, I will be there selling with a friend and we should have some good stuff with good prices too.

Anybody else know about this show or plan on going?

BTW thanks for the reply maradona

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was that show. I hear there's another show like that at Hilltop Mall in Pinole at the end of this month. Might go to that one. Sac is too far for me to go for a collectibles show as I generally resist paying much more than retail anyway. Other than Series 5, I'm all caught up now besides, and I've got all the upcoming series on pre-order. I'll probably be going to WonderCon this year, though - should be coming up pretty soon if I'm not mistaken.

figrin bran
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Anybody????????

I've not seen wave 12 at either retail or my local comic shop.

Maradona
02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Saw the new Infinite Heroes packaging today along with the entire first wave at multiple Targets. I love the pins as pack ins, but still didn't pick them up. I've only bought a relative few of these figures, since many of the ones I want are so difficult to track down.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2010, 03:24 PM
spotted wave 12 at my local wally world last night. Start huntin'! :)

figrin bran
02-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I found some wave 12 at Walmart today as well.

Also picked up Nightwing as I didn't get him the first time around.

RooJay
02-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Wave 14 from the latest ToyFare -
Zatanna
Obsidian
Hourman (Golden Age)
Gold from the Metal Men
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Kamandi
Tyr
C-A-C Ultra-Humanite

All look really cool, though I don't much care for the teeth gritting expressions on Alan Scott, and especially on Obsidian.
I really expected wave 14 to be the Elasti-Girl wave, including Mento since they are the last two Doom Patrol members to be done. Guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer to finish that group.

figrin bran
02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Wave 14 from the latest ToyFare -
Zatanna
Obsidian
Hourman (Golden Age)
Gold from the Metal Men
Green Lantern (Alan Scott)
Kamandi
Tyr
C-A-C Ultra-Humanite

All look really cool, though I don't much care for the teeth gritting expressions on Alan Scott, and especially on Obsidian.
I really expected wave 14 to be the Elasti-Girl wave, including Mento since they are the last two Doom Patrol members to be done. Guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer to finish that group.

Unfortunately, that is going to be a Walmart exclusive wave. :(

RooJay
02-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, that is going to be a Walmart exclusive wave. :(

Say Wha?!!! The ToyFare article makes no mention of that. No offense, but I hope you were misinformed, for all our sakes! I HAAAAAAATE Wal-Mart!:mad:

...not mad at you man (I'm more than willing to believe ya,) but I will be mad at Mattel and Wal-Mart if this is so.

figrin bran
02-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Say Wha?!!! The ToyFare article makes no mention of that. No offense, but I hope you were misinformed, for all our sakes! I HAAAAAAATE Wal-Mart!:mad:

...not mad at you man (I'm more than willing to believe ya,) but I will be mad at Mattel and Wal-Mart if this is so.

Over on The Fwoosh, Toyguru (Mattel's action figure brand manager) confirmed that it would be a WM exclusive wave. :(

I would never kid about something like that

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Don't forget fellow TDK fans: new Joker goes on sale today! http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/pd/productID.171121500

Looks great! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
02-16-2010, 10:26 PM
JMG, I got that Joker this morning as well. That's the one Movie Master that I've been waiting for!

plasticfetish
02-19-2010, 04:16 AM
And for anyone who thought it was just a myth... I give you the Batmissile.

figrin bran
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Jail cell Joker along with the JLU Justice Guild (and Battle Cat) arrived from Matty.com today!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Jail cell Joker along with the JLU Justice Guild (and Battle Cat) arrived from Matty.com today!

Awesome! My Joker will be arriving today; I probably won't be here to sign for it, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow. I just hope the sculpt is as good as I've seen it pics; it's much closer to Ledger than what we had with the first figure.

Maradona
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I still regret missing the JLU Doom Patrol pack. All the rest of the sets had had lasted for a while, so I gambled that it would wait and lost out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
The Joker sculpt looks awesome; I'm very tempted to buy an extra one when TRU gets them in the spring and do a headswap on the first Joker. I just hope it's easy cos I don't wanna break the first figure. lol

buddyfingers
02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Looks like the new Retro heroes hit for DC. Superman, Green lantern, Lex Luthor, Sinestro. $20.00 each at TRU

The Green Arrow seems to be a special figure and I'm already seeing him on ebay for $80.00 average.

A friend just picked up the first four I mentioned at the local TRU.

I must say the packaging and overall look of the characters reminds me of the originals I used to get at my local kmart and mervyn's when I was a kid

figrin bran
02-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Looks like the new Retro heroes hit for DC. Superman, Green lantern, Lex Luthor, Sinestro. $20.00 each at TRU

The Green Arrow seems to be a special figure and I'm already seeing him on ebay for $80.00 average.

A friend just picked up the first four I mentioned at the local TRU.

I must say the packaging and overall look of the characters reminds me of the originals I used to get at my local kmart and mervyn's when I was a kid

Green Arrow is a Mattycollector.com exclusive and not available at TRU. That's probably why it's going for so much.

I picked up a few of the newest JLU single pack figures today - Barda, Green Arrow and Aquaman. Aquaman is really awesome.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 03:22 AM
And for anyone who thought it was just a myth... I give you the Batmissile.Wow, I picked that up at TRU the same day you posted that! Good find.

What do you think of it? For me, at $9 it's an ok piece, but they took a few liberties, they didn't quite keep it to scale with the regular burtonmobile, the wheels are a little different, and the wheels are a LOT different in concept to boot (each wheel from the car should be the entire axle so still 4 wheels only now inline, but instead the thing now has 8 wheels). Also, the sculpting is a little softer than I expected, and the use of chrome has gotten grotesque. But the overall gets the basics right.

Check out this awesome resource on it: http://www.jayohrberg.com/Batman_Returns_Batmissile.html

I was hoping the Batmissile meant the Batwing would be reshipping and easier to find, but so far I have come up painfully empty.

LTBasker
02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
That is weird, I never realized that thing was like a giant roller blade. 'Course it doesn't help that Kenner also used the 8 wheel appearance, and that's the only reference I ever had. Thanks for posting that!

The Batwing is indeed shipping with the Batmissile, though you'd think it would be easier to find by now since everybody complains that it's all plastic.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 06:30 PM
You sure that the Kenner one had that? I have it somewhere in the house, but it's lost in the closet right now. It probably did, easier to build the toy that way because the thing holding the wheel on in the movie is very thin and on the outside edge, but I don't remember it being 2 wheels on a single axle the way the Mattel one is, it may have been 2 wheels on a chassis instead which is essentially the same thing but different.

Here's another reference, the actual scene from the film shows the wheels being sucked in and moved to that rollerblade design about 26 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hil5g0nwBX8

Gah, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking with the Batwing!

figrin bran
02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I saw what was most likely a full case of the HW Bat vehicles on the pegs at one TRU today and although there were 2 Bat Missiles, there were no Batwings (or else I would've bought it).

plasticfetish
02-27-2010, 01:20 AM

I saw those this afternoon when I stopped by TRU, and even though I was extremely excited about them at first, now that I've seen them in person, I'm not impressed at all.

I love MEGO figures, so any attempt at playing with the concept is more than cool by me, but these were just not the quality that I was expecting. I saw all four, and each was a mishmash of poorly sewn clothing over weirdly deformed body parts. I think the Superman in particular was actually broken at the waist.

The packaging isn't much better, as the card backs are way too flimsy... and then there's the fact that TRU has opted to apply J-hooks sort of randomly, so none of them hang on the pegs very well.

A huge disappointment.

Wow, I picked that up at TRU the same day you posted that! Good find.

What do you think of it? For me, at $9 it's an ok piece, but they took a few liberties, they didn't quite keep it to scale with the regular burtonmobile, the wheels are a little different, and the wheels are a LOT different in concept to boot (each wheel from the car should be the entire axle so still 4 wheels only now inline, but instead the thing now has 8 wheels). Also, the sculpting is a little softer than I expected, and the use of chrome has gotten grotesque. But the overall gets the basics right.

Check out this awesome resource on it: http://www.jayohrberg.com/Batman_Returns_Batmissile.html

I was hoping the Batmissile meant the Batwing would be reshipping and easier to find, but so far I have come up painfully empty.

I wrote a quick little review over at my blog, but in general I think it's pretty cool. I think you're right about them taking liberties... and it's funny that I was probably over looking at Ohrberg's site at about the same time as you. ;)

I'll have to look at the movie again to see about accuracy, but yeah, if you go by the pics at his site, they probably threw chrome in where it doesn't belong, and other things that we should probably expect from Hot Wheels.

(And then there's TRU's $9 price on these... WTF?)

I could probably locate a Batwing if you still need it. I saw one tonight... there's a few around here still. And in case you're wondering... I still need the Super Friends Batmobile. ;)

So... I kind of mentioned this at my blog, but I'm assuming that this line is over for now. We haven't heard about a forth series have we?

El Chuxter
02-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Okay, fellas, the crappy distribution, high prices, and all-over-the-place character lineups broke my urge to collect the DCSH line, and the Infinite Crisis line (or whatever it's called this week) is so bad, they're only worthwhile to get on clearance and give to toddlers. But I'm dying to know, since I can't find any information: has there been a figure in any line of the Music Meister?

plasticfetish
02-27-2010, 02:26 AM
But I'm dying to know, since I can't find any information: has there been a figure in any line of the Music Meister?No, but maybe you could make a custom. In the meantime, here's this...

plasticfetish
02-27-2010, 03:00 AM
We haven't heard about a forth series have we?Okay. I've done that thing that I hate... when someone on the internet asks a question that they could easily figure out just by searching a little. So, I fish around and find this...

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=969

LTBasker
02-27-2010, 04:58 AM
The "Penguin"mobile is so horribly campy, I can't wait to get it, or the Batskiboat for that matter - if I ever find these things.

The deployed shields Burtonmobile has some nice sculpting to it, and I love that they tried to liven it up by putting in a section to slide forward to reveal the Batmobile.

You sure that the Kenner one had that? I have it somewhere in the house, but it's lost in the closet right now. It probably did, easier to build the toy that way because the thing holding the wheel on in the movie is very thin and on the outside edge, but I don't remember it being 2 wheels on a single axle the way the Mattel one is, it may have been 2 wheels on a chassis instead which is essentially the same thing but different.

If I recall right, what Kenner did is it had 4 wheels, and 4 fakes where the rigging was visible as holding the wheel. So, when you flipped it over it looked like 8 wheels, but 2 on each side were actually static lumps. I remember the toy's bottom being several inches wide, and the wheels were pretty thin. Of course, the sides that split off had their own wheels.

Here's another reference, the actual scene from the film shows the wheels being sucked in and moved to that rollerblade design about 26 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hil5g0nwBX8

It never occured to me that the tires were huge thick ones, I always assumed they were similar thickness to common car tires. Kind of funny, really. The rigging holding the wheels is so similar to what we ended up with on the Tumbler, making the Batpod like a Batmissile inspired mini-rig.

Maradona
02-27-2010, 09:39 AM
After watching Crisis on Two Earths, I can't see why Mattel would release figures for Public Enemies instead. I know their answer was that Crisis came too soon after Public Enemies to determine whether those figures were successful enough and having Superman and Batman in the title has better name recognition for kids. But Crisis is a superior product to Public Enemies and if Mattel had to chose one...

Ultimately, their choice is good for my wallet as there are sooooo many figures that could have been made from Crisis. The Made Men figure would have been awesome.

buddyfingers
02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I saw those this afternoon when I stopped by TRU, and even though I was extremely excited about them at first, now that I've seen them in person, I'm not impressed at all.

I love MEGO figures, so any attempt at playing with the concept is more than cool by me, but these were just not the quality that I was expecting. I saw all four, and each was a mishmash of poorly sewn clothing over weirdly deformed body parts. I think the Superman in particular was actually broken at the waist.

The packaging isn't much better, as the card backs are way too flimsy... and then there's the fact that TRU has opted to apply J-hooks sort of randomly, so none of them hang on the pegs very well.

A huge disappointment.

Yeah I can see what you are saying, but I think that's part of the charm and was done that way on purpose. Like I was saying, they really remind me of the ones I used to get as a kid, the flimsy packaging, the inconsistent bodies and sewn uniforms, I really do think they did that on purpose. I also notice that all the cards are faded in the same left bottom corner. I do have to say that superman's head looks a little square, but overall I am happy with them so far, I didn't want to see a dc version of marvels "famous covers" or even the dc 8 inch line that came out a few years back. These are as close to the old mego's as anything. I am hoping they keep it going.

DC is on a roll right now, and although alot of people don't have much good to say about the infinite crisis figures and other things, they are hot and I hope that means a longer line of these new retro figures to include never before made characters from mego like the Flash for instance. I hope they go all out and just start making obscure characters like the 6 inch DCU classics line:grin:

I do with they were more like $14.99 instead of a 20 spot each though:(

El Chuxter
02-27-2010, 12:59 PM
No Music Meister figure yet. Oh well. Chux Jr almost crapped herself when she saw the Clock King show up (who she has, since we picked her up the little Batmobile with Bats and CK on clearance, well before discovering the show was actually good--she's growing up to be a little Batfan herself without my prodding), so I think I'm going to get her some more of the characters she knows. ("Hey! I didn't know Clock Man could talk! Look, he is singing!") They're not exactly Galactic Heroes, but at least they're the same size.

plasticfetish
02-28-2010, 01:34 AM
I do wish they were more like $14.99 instead of a 20 spot each though:(Yeah, I'd probably be more forgiving if they were a little cheaper. Like I said, I really wanted to like them, and I'm a big MEGO fan, but these just aren't MEGO quality. I dunno... maybe I would have been happier if they were boxed (http://www.megomuseum.com/wgsh/images/packaging/superman5box.jpg) and not carded. :confused:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news... the store where I've been buying DCUC figures (Frey Meyer), has decided to bump their price to $13-ish, from the more reasonable $9.99 that I've been enjoying. It's still a little lower than most places, but... well... I'm not sure who's going to buy those lingering Booster Gold figures now, so I suppose I'll never see new figures from this line again.

buddyfingers
02-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I love the look of the old Mego boxed figures. I was hoping they would come out like that too. I haven't opened any of the new ones yet, I am curious if they are just like the old ones as far as the rubberband in the waist. I remember my aquaman broke when I was a kid playing in the pool. I couldn't understand it, I thought aquaman was supposed to be in water

JediTricks
03-01-2010, 05:14 PM
My local Targets have begun clearancing out the Public Enemies figures, both scales. The prices were ok but not outstanding yet.

I saw what was most likely a full case of the HW Bat vehicles on the pegs at one TRU today and although there were 2 Bat Missiles, there were no Batwings (or else I would've bought it).I noticed TRU La Cienega had another Batmissile and no Batwings. Frustrating.

I wrote a quick little review over at my blog, but in general I think it's pretty cool. I think you're right about them taking liberties... and it's funny that I was probably over looking at Ohrberg's site at about the same time as you. ;)

I'll have to look at the movie again to see about accuracy, but yeah, if you go by the pics at his site, they probably threw chrome in where it doesn't belong, and other things that we should probably expect from Hot Wheels.

(And then there's TRU's $9 price on these... WTF?)

I could probably locate a Batwing if you still need it. I saw one tonight... there's a few around here still. And in case you're wondering... I still need the Super Friends Batmobile. ;)

So... I kind of mentioned this at my blog, but I'm assuming that this line is over for now. We haven't heard about a forth series have we?TRU's price on these has skyrocketed $3 in a year, that drives me nuts because they have NO competition for them, Target & WM aren't carrying the line. This is almost as frustrating as the superior Corgi Batmobile line (which I never got to finish, damn WM and TRU shenanigans).

I would greatly appreciate the help on the Batwing. I can pick you up a Superfriends Batmobile no problem!

How stupid would Mattel be if they let this license die on them after ripping it out of Corgi's hands?!? But I suspect they won't let it die THAT easily, Mattel prefers to choke the life out of their licenses rather than let them starve to death.

Okay. I've done that thing that I hate... when someone on the internet asks a question that they could easily figure out just by searching a little. So, I fish around and find this...

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=969Nice find. I figured we'd see something in July at comic-con.

I fainted at yet another go-round on the Adamwestmobile. Then I woke up, saw all the stupid Shumacher entries and fainted again. Then I saw the shielded Burtonmobile and fainted from finally seeing a good entry. :p Then I saw the Batskiboat and wondered WTF they were bothering for, since that rather underwhelming entry was WAY overmarketed back in the day. But at least I didn't faint.

Here's what I don't get about Mattel, they have a comic license because one of the original entries in the line was a sleekened version of the '40s Batmobile. Yet all they've done since is mine the entertainment versions, and reusing tooling over and over like Adamwestmobile, and now here they are stuck with a year that has 4 new underwhelming entries. I suspect this line is dead come 2011.

If I recall right, what Kenner did is it had 4 wheels, and 4 fakes where the rigging was visible as holding the wheel. So, when you flipped it over it looked like 8 wheels, but 2 on each side were actually static lumps. I remember the toy's bottom being several inches wide, and the wheels were pretty thin. Of course, the sides that split off had their own wheels.I wish that jogged my memory, but alas, no. Sounds about right though.

It never occured to me that the tires were huge thick ones, I always assumed they were similar thickness to common car tires. Kind of funny, really. The rigging holding the wheels is so similar to what we ended up with on the Tumbler, making the Batpod like a Batmissile inspired mini-rig.Oh yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the Batmissile being the progenitor to the Batpod, only sillier since it's got twice as many wheels. I love that they use HUGE tires on these cars, I love super wide tires like those on the Burtonmobile and the front of the Tumbler (the rear wheels are a different thing altogether, they're tractor-style tires). Also, by using the wheels inline on the Batmissile, it makes the missile itself seem sleeker, narrower.

buddyfingers
03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Public enemies on sale already? Wow, what are we talking 25% off or what? I love the sale items, much easier for me to justify spending the money when it's on clearance:cross-eye

JediTricks
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
It was I think 30% off.

El Chuxter
03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
They were $15 and $25 at the Targets here. I know because I was asked to buy one, and thought they were still steep. :)

JediTricks
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
They were definitely cheaper than that. I think the big figs were $9 or $8, and the 3packs were I think $15 or $12.

buddyfingers
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
They were $15 and $25 at the Targets here. I know because I was asked to buy one, and thought they were still steep. :) Makes it kind of tough to figure out where "here" is though dude, I'm a noob at the forum and have no idea where that is.

A friend of mine said he saw some of the small figures on sale but said the bigger ones were still running full price.

DarkArtist
03-05-2010, 07:48 AM
saw the first signs of the new 75th anniversary figures of the Infinate heroes line in Target last night.. they look like they have a little more articulation but still need work... all the had was Black Canary (re-paint) and Hal Jordan Green Lantern.. looking forward to getting perhaps Two-Face and Earth 2 Robin.

i just wish that Mattel would pack these figure with some accessories.... i mean a Batman figure needs his gadgets.

also picked up the Hot Wheels Batmissile and Batwing yesterday in TRU. now if they would only make the Batmobile for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, then i would be set

JediTricks
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM
also picked up the Hot Wheels Batmissile and Batwing yesterday in TRU. now if they would only make the Batmobile for Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, then i would be set
Uh, they are making both of those, this year no less, didn't you click the link to see the upcoming tooling?

I picked up a Batwing at TRU, kind of underwhelmed. First, it's got fingerprints and scuff marks all over the lightweight plastic wings and the canopy.Then they sculpted an external ball-joint receiver underneath that's just fugly as sin, and the stand doesn't allow rotation, only a little sideways tilting, so what's the point of THAT?!? And the stand isn't even very useful, it wants to tilt constantly, and its sculpted detail on the arm is really halfassed. Finally, they printed the copyright in big white letters under 1 wing, yuck!

That said, it's got more accurate details than I expected, and I like that they included the lower winglets. It's overpriced due mainly to the lack of metal and the whole line is overpriced, but it's alright.

buddyfingers
03-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Wow, I'm still not seeing the 6 inch public enemies on sale, but I got a few of the 6 packs for $8.74 plus tax and the 2 different 3 packs for $4.48. So that's the final clearance price, and I must say after hitting 6 targets and spending about 9 hours on the road yesterday it finally paid off.

The funny thing is that some of the Target stores had the small scale figure 6 and 3 packs for 50% off and I'm glad I waited and found them cheaper. It's strange to me how the prices on sale items can vary from store to store, and I'm really confused as to why the 6 inch ones weren't on sale at any of the target stores I went to.

I kind of wish they would continue the line, if you watched the animated movie you can see that there are a whole bunch more figures they could put out in the series and I do like the looks of them for the most part (gorilla grodd has a very strange face)

Love those clearance sales guys, and I appreciate coming here and everyone letting people know what is going on

Thanks
Buddy

El Chuxter
03-07-2010, 01:30 PM
The Public Enemies sets were all dried up yesterday, as were the TIE's, which never hit $10 here.

figrin bran
03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Wow, I'm still not seeing the 6 inch public enemies on sale, but I got a few of the 6 packs for $8.74 plus tax and the 2 different 3 packs for $4.48. So that's the final clearance price, and I must say after hitting 6 targets and spending about 9 hours on the road yesterday it finally paid off.

The funny thing is that some of the Target stores had the small scale figure 6 and 3 packs for 50% off and I'm glad I waited and found them cheaper. It's strange to me how the prices on sale items can vary from store to store, and I'm really confused as to why the 6 inch ones weren't on sale at any of the target stores I went to.

I kind of wish they would continue the line, if you watched the animated movie you can see that there are a whole bunch more figures they could put out in the series and I do like the looks of them for the most part (gorilla grodd has a very strange face)

Love those clearance sales guys, and I appreciate coming here and everyone letting people know what is going on

Thanks
Buddy

I doubt that 6" Public Enemies figures were on clearance as their still part of the current planogram at Target. If Mattel were wise, which they most certainly not, they would've morphed the Public Enemies line into a Justice League Crisis on Two Earths line to accompany the current dvd that's out.

JediTricks
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I doubt that 6" Public Enemies figures were on clearance as their still part of the current planogram at Target. If Mattel were wise, which they most certainly not, they would've morphed the Public Enemies line into a Justice League Crisis on Two Earths line to accompany the current dvd that's out.
I saw them on clearance at Target Burbank last week, remember?

RUSHBOY
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Great news for anyone that missed out on wave 5 DCUC !!

They are being rereleased on mattycollector.com on May 17th !!

Good news for collectors, bad news for scalpers !! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
03-18-2010, 09:41 PM

Good news for collectors, bad news for scalpers !! :thumbsup:

I just read about it! Can't believe it! :D

Maradona
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
SHOCKING! I'm so glad. Hopefully, this bodes well for future rereleases. I've never seen one figure from a WM wave at retail. I wanted the Imperiex wave, but alas...

RooJay
03-19-2010, 02:51 AM
My dream is finally coming true!

buddyfingers
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM

Good news for collectors, bad news for scalpers !! :thumbsup: It would be nice to get them, but they will go fast and I don't think it will affect the after market price from scalpers in the long run, when they are gone they are gone and people will continue once again to sell them at outrageous prices.

plasticfetish
03-31-2010, 02:13 AM
Not that anyone seems to be all that interested in the line, but I picked up the DCU Infinite Heroes Martian Manhunter figure (#52) the other day. Mostly I just wanted to give one of the newer figures with "improved" sculpt and articulation a try. I'm still mightily underwhelmed by the line. These things have a very distinct Japanese capsule toy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon) feel to them, and I'm beginning to wonder if the factory that Mattel uses actually specializes in vending machine toys.

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 03:51 AM
Oh man, that looks so horrible, thanks for the pics and for being the guinea pig. I've seen plenty of Gashapon that looked better than that turd too, and they came with weird candies to boot. :p I get that they're trying to hold the line on the lower pricepoint, but man does this new body look horrible in sculpt, deco, assembly, everything. I think Mattel needs to just stop embarrassing themselves with this line, the comparison to Hasbro's Marvel lines is just butchering them, but even on its own merits this line never really captured any audience that well.

plasticfetish
03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
the comparison to Hasbro's Marvel lines is just butchering them, but even on its own merits this line never really captured any audience that well.I've had plenty of problems with Hasbro's 3-3/4" Marvel figures. Aside from the Iron Man 2 line, I honestly think that most of what they've done is pretty lame. They've been poorly constructed, painted, etc., and generally cheap looking.

The thing that gets me about the Infinite Heroes line, is that by adding more articulation, they've managed to kill the one thing that they had going for them: a line of simple sturdy little figures. Sure, yes they were ugly with big weird hands, and generally reeked of low budget production, but I never worried that they would fall apart while I was trying to remove them from the packaging... that's always been Hasbro's area of expertise.

Yeah, but maybe if they included candy I would like them more. ;)

TheDarthVader
03-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Not that anyone seems to be all that interested in the line, but I picked up the DCU Infinite Heroes Martian Manhunter figure (#52) the other day. Mostly I just wanted to give one of the newer figures with "improved" sculpt and articulation a try. I'm still mightily underwhelmed by the line. These things have a very distinct Japanese capsule toy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashapon) feel to them, and I'm beginning to wonder if the factory that Mattel uses actually specializes in vending machine toys.

His upper legs (hip joints) look hideous. blah

JediTricks
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
I've had plenty of problems with Hasbro's 3-3/4" Marvel figures. Aside from the Iron Man 2 line, I honestly think that most of what they've done is pretty lame. They've been poorly constructed, painted, etc., and generally cheap looking.

The thing that gets me about the Infinite Heroes line, is that by adding more articulation, they've managed to kill the one thing that they had going for them: a line of simple sturdy little figures. Sure, yes they were ugly with big weird hands, and generally reeked of low budget production, but I never worried that they would fall apart while I was trying to remove them from the packaging... that's always been Hasbro's area of expertise.

Yeah, but maybe if they included candy I would like them more. ;)I am not impressed with the Hasbro Marvel figures either that often, but they are clearly in a higher class than the Mattel DC figures. Even as a failure, the worst Hasbro Marvel figure is better than the best Mattel DC figure, and that's a shame.

You make a good point about IH, the pricepoint they had was at least geared towards younger kids so the toys should have been too. But Mattel never wanted that, they wanted a line that rivaled Marvel Legends in scope but at a smaller price and scale (and a different license). When Mattel introduced IH at Comic-Con '08, they were on cloud nine, and then their designers went over to the Hasbro booth where they had just introduced Marvel Universe and they were painfully humbled by the superior sculpts, paint, and articulation. They went back to their booth and started telling fans they would be aiming to raise the articulation as soon as they could implement it. They were outclassed and they knew it. And looking at the offerings, it seems clear Mattel was trying to get the collector audience first and foremost, the characters they chose had little appeal or even knowledge towards kids. And now they have a hybrid line that appeals to nobody even worse than before.

Maradona
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.

plasticfetish
04-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.Just got a look at those photos finally, and yeah, they do look great. I'm imagining that they'll be offered at SDCC as well... and if anyone is willing to help a brotha' out by grabbing him a Sinestro, I'd really appreciate it.

Maradona
04-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Just got a look at those photos finally, and yeah, they do look great. I'm imagining that they'll be offered at SDCC as well...

I hope they are and I expect it will be chaos to acquire them. Again.

figrin bran
04-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.

Those shouldn't be exclusives at all! It's not like DC Direct wouldn't be able to sell tons of these in comic stores.

I got Larfleeze the other day btw. Minemineminemine!!! :D

Check out this load of bunk response from Matty

Q2.) Will any past waves be re-offered on MattyCollector.com? Wave 11 is marked out of stock, but not "gone for good".

A2.) Wave 11 will not be back on MattyCollector.com. Each box set is up for a set amount of time and then gone! Although right now we are still evaluating whether to keep the box sets going. There was actually much less interest in Wave 11 and now Wave 12 then we hoped for to justify all of the logistics of creating these sets. Unless sales of the box set pick up with Wave 13, we may not be able to continue these. We can only make and sell toys for MattyCollector.com if there are fans/customers buying them

Maradona
04-03-2010, 01:27 AM
That's terrible. I have bought both box sets made available. It's the only way I can collect these in complete shape. Without this option, it gives many little chance of completing any set.

LTBasker
04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
The thing they're overlooking is that there was little interest in wave 12 because it had already showed up in a lot of areas, and even Amazon. Mattel simply has far too unrealistic expectations when it comes to stuff sold through Matty. It's not as though they lose anything from posting the cases, in fact you would think they would get more profit.

They sell wholesale to stores which then put them up to $15 each with their profit included, whereas the cases on Matty still come out to $15 a figure, so they're getting more per case than they do from stores. It shouldn't be of any concern if they sell out within 2 minutes, 2 weeks or even after a few months as long as they eventually sell out. Are they really that pressed for inventory space?

figrin bran
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I found the latest wave of JLU singles today and bought Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter and Superman with Kandor.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm all caught up with a Mattel line but am waiting on not one but two waves of Clone Wars figures.

Maradona
04-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I found the latest wave of JLU singles today and bought Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter and Superman with Kandor.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm all caught up with a Mattel line but am waiting on not one but two waves of Clone Wars figures.

I found this wave as well, but did not want to pay $8.99 per figure - after tax, it's about $10 a figure. I'll wait for these.

plasticfetish
04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
So... DCUC wave 12 finally showed up near me (thank you to Fred Meyer and their 20% off sale), and I managed to pick up Dr. Mid-Nite and The Spectre.

El Chuxter
04-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I always hate looking at DC figures with my daughter. I have to remind her that the Infinite Crisis figures don't hold up to even basic play. It's probably because of Batman and Superman, but she's more of a DC kid than I was (I leaned Marvel up until the 1989 Batman movie showed me that the character wasn't Adam West, or, worse, the knockoff Adam West from Superfriends).

I did get her the Barbie Black Canary from a while back, which still languishes at some Big Lots stores. I always figured it didn't do well because most Barbie collectors don't know who the character is, and those who do know her aren't buying Barbies. But, thanks to the machinations of the Music Meister, she loves Black Canary. (I'll post thoughts when she's opened--right now, she's something of a bribe to get someone's bedroom cleaned up.)

Speaking of the Music Meister, it's a bit more ambitious a project than I've attempted before, but I also got some character from the Secret Saturdays at Big Lots for $3. (Even TRU had these on clearance. I guess no one watches that show.) The size and construction of this guy--the teenager, since neither the kid nor the supermuscled adult looked usable--look compatible with the large Brave and the Bold figures. He's going to take a bit more work, but I'm either going to wind up with the Music Meister or a total steaming pile of crap.

figrin bran
04-14-2010, 12:37 AM
I read that some of the previously exclusive to Matty.com Dark Knight Movie Masters are starting to appear in TRU's as they had promised.

It looks like the DCUC exclusive for SDCC is going to be Plastic Man

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
I read that some of the previously exclusive to Matty.com Dark Knight Movie Masters are starting to appear in TRU's as they had promised.

It looks like the DCUC exclusive for SDCC is going to be Plastic Man

I found some of them yesterday, but alas, no Two-Face and he was the one I REALLY want. If anybody finds one/an extra, lemme know! thanks! :)

figrin bran
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
I found some of them yesterday, but alas, no Two-Face and he was the one I REALLY want. If anybody finds one/an extra, lemme know! thanks! :)

I totally forgot about these when I was at TRU yesterday but I'm pretty sure there weren't any. I'll get a Two Face for you if I find them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
I totally forgot about these when I was at TRU yesterday but I'm pretty sure there weren't any. I'll get a Two Face for you if I find them.

Awesome; I REALLY appreciate it. I'm having no luck at the TrU's in my area, but alas, I shall keep trying them. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Awesome; I REALLY appreciate it. I'm having no luck at the TrU's in my area, but alas, I shall keep trying them. :thumbsup:

I don't see any Movie Masters whatsoever at all of my local TRU's and I've been searching a lot lately no thanks to that EU wave!

El Chuxter
05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
The TRU exclusive 6-pack of Brave and the Bold Action League figures is at Tuesday Morning for $11.99. They also had a lot of the larger figures.

RUSHBOY
05-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I went to my local Walmart on friday night and found the new DCUC 2 packs !! Batman and Robin (dynamic duo) and Aquaman vs Black Manta !
They did a nice job on Aquaman in this set, he looks awesome ! :thumbsup:

RooJay
05-04-2010, 02:00 AM
My brother found most of the Trigon wave earlier today at Wal-Mart. He's only missing Blue Devil, Cyclotron and Negative Man.

figrin bran
05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Wave 15 of DCUC was officially announced yesterday

Martian Manhunter
OMAC
Classic and Modern Starman
Golden Pharoah
Raven
Jemm
Sinestro Corps Batman
Collect and Connect Validus

They'll be available in late August/early September first at K-mart and then at other retailers.

photos right here (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattel-announces-dcuc-wave-15)

Maradona
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Wave 15 of DCUC was officially announced yesterday

Martian Manhunter
OMAC
Classic and Modern Starman
Golden Pharoah
Raven
Jemm
Sinestro Corps Batman
Collect and Connect Validus

They'll be available in late August/early September first at K-mart and then at other retailers.

photos right here (http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/mattel-announces-dcuc-wave-15)

Validus didn't look too big or at least not big enough to justify a C&C figure. Additionally, there isn't any single figure in the wave that has anything to do with him. Often, the collect and connect figure has a connection with the wave. Imperiux didn't and neither did Metamorpho. It doesn't have to be a rule, but it might make sense.

RooJay
05-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Validus didn't look too big or at least not big enough to justify a C&C figure. Additionally, there isn't any single figure in the wave that has anything to do with him. Often, the collect and connect figure has a connection with the wave. Imperius didn't and neither did Metamorpho. It doesn't have to be a rule, but it might make sense.

Validus' height has tended to vary widely throughout his history, but he has always been depicted as being much larger than a human; often even gigantic. If anything, the figure isn't quite big enough.
Also, Mattel has stated that the Legion will be getting quite a bit of focus next year, just as the New Gods did last year, and the Justice Society is getting this year. I'd consider Validus a prelude to that.

Maradona
05-19-2010, 11:00 AM
By not looking too big, I meant the figure itself. Validus, as you and countless comics have shown, should be much larger than the regular figures in the line. The way the figure is set up seems inadequately small for a C&C.

RooJay
05-20-2010, 12:52 AM
By not looking too big, I meant the figure itself. Validus, as you and countless comics have shown, should be much larger than the regular figures in the line. The way the figure is set up seems inadequately small for a C&C.

I hear you, but I think this is about as big as we could hope for here. A few years back he might've turned out a bit taller. It's kind of too bad that these companies aren't going the much cheaper, rotocast route on some of these characters. I'm not sure that'd work within the C&C format, but it sure would be cool if they could do a separate line of larger characters (Mattel with DC, and Hasbro with Marvel both) in rotocast with the same type of design. Toy Biz had always done amazing things with the format that still allowed them to keep the articulation level high, while keeping the costs down. Probably a tough sell at retail with a lot of these characters, though, especially since even then 'cheaper' could still easily amount to $40-50.

JediTricks
06-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Sighted the Mattel die-cast Batmobile line's Batpod. I stashed it at my local TRU, no interest in spending $9 on it myself, it's too thin and light in color for my tastes. I am pretty sure like the Movie Masters Batpod, this one has an opening "gas tank" engine detail.

Oh, speaking of Movie Masters, that TRU had the MM TDK Batman with the white-only eyes (they're slightly yellowed for a glow effect) and a tear in his pants, plus MM TDK Scarecrow and missile-lobbing Joker. Aren't these like forever-ago old?

Also in Mattel Batmobile news, I found and bought a Hot Wheels Customs Tumbler Batmobile. It's $8 and has removable/replaceable parts, swapping in armored windows and a turret on top and huge monster-truck-height treads (non-movable). The size is slightly bigger than the die-cast line, only all plastic here, and has snap-on parts onto triangle-shaped holes which aren't visible when fully built. Fun little item, I like it better than the die-cast Tumbler even.

LTBasker
06-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Those TDK figures are actually new as they're just now making it to retail. They were supposed to be MattyCollector exclusives along with Harvey, Two Face, proto-suit Bruce and Bank Robber Joker for $20 each, but that was scrapped when Bank Robber Joker performed horribly. Somehow Mattel was able to get TRU to agree to take on the rest, after they were all initially released on Matty for $15 a piece. They just started showing up at TRU about a couple months ago, and never made it to retail prior to this, even though they were supposed to be released long ago.

I still haven't seen the 1:50 Batpod in person, but since the Comic Con version was black and actually had Batman on it, I'd refuse it in favor of that one anyway. I should get around to tracking that down...

That Tumbler is weird, your mention is the first time I've heard of it and there's only two on ebay. Btw, I'm pretty sure the version in the 1:50 line isn't diecast either, it feels too soft to be so. Oddly, though, the desert camo repaint feels like diecast.

Oh, in case anyone forgot or thought they might've been sold out, DCUC wave 5 is still available on Matty.

JediTricks
06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Ah, good to know about those figs. I wish I had been more interested in that Batman figure, it was clearly the first to go, but I passed because I didn't want the figure first and foremost.

The Comic-Con Batpod is gold and the figure is way underscaled. http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsuff/3776002714/

I had the brand name a little wrong, it's "Hot Wheels Custom Motors", and it's the only time I've ever seen it. It's worth tracking down, Target will be most likely since they're getting the other new vehicles (it's TDK-inspired I think, as it's a dark gray Lamborghini-type "supercar", but the hardpoint on the nose ruined it for me so I passed), but TRU carries the line as well.

When I compared the Die-Cast Tumbler to that Custom Motors one, it was clear that the metal one really is metal, it's just the matte deco that softens its feel. I would love it if not for the hubs of the arms holding the front wheels sticking out so badly on the side.

El Chuxter
07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
The Brave and the Bold Action League is on clearance at Target. I got my daughter all five sets they had that she didn't have. I told her she'll have to fight me for Guy Gardner. :D

figrin bran
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
The Brave and the Bold Action League is on clearance at Target. I got my daughter all five sets they had that she didn't have. I told her she'll have to fight me for Guy Gardner. :D

Thanks for the tip! I never got Black Lightning or Scarecrow so this will be my chance.

El Chuxter
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
We got Batman/Etrigan, Black Lightning/Wildcat, Batman/Joker, Dr Fate/Wotan, and Guy Gardner/Dr Polaris. I didn't see the Scarecrow one, but she has it already.

I'm really, really hoping they break the "no girls" rule and announce a Black Canary/Music Meister set soon. Aside from those two characters (and the bazillion cameos), she can reenact the entire Music Meister episode.

RooJay
07-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Man, I've never even seen Guy Gardner!

figrin bran
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I got my DCUC Atom today! Bought it from a fellow collector who got the DCUC wave 5 set from Matty.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Man, I've never even seen Guy Gardner!

I don't think I had, either. I found the other three, then Joker and Guy were mixed in with Prince of Persia figures (also on clearance--that might be a record, even for Target).

figrin bran
07-10-2010, 11:52 PM
The Target exclusive Imaginext single packed figures are on clearance right now at $2.70 something.

Picked up Bats, Two Face and Mr. Freeze today.

El Chuxter
07-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Anyone reporting anything on the Brave and the Bold Action League front from Comic-Con yet?

I'm hoping for a Music Meister/Black Canary set. If no announcement, I have a use for a ROC Destro vs Cover Girl two-pack....

plasticfetish
08-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Hot Wheels Batboat and Penguin Batmobile have turned up near me. Haven't opened the Penguinmobile up yet, but the Batboat is actually OK. Seems to be made from plastic and this other harder material that Hot Wheels rarely uses anymore.

Also...

In a weird twist of fate, my local Fred Meyer has started putting wave 11 DCUC out again, so I picked up Cyborg Superman. Scored the re-released version of Power Girl also.

figrin bran
08-21-2010, 12:57 AM
I just preordered GL Classics wave 1 from Amazon for $14.99 per figure and with free shipping.

I take it from the lack of discussion about it that I'm the only one that got DCUC Plastic Man?

RooJay
08-21-2010, 03:00 AM
I got one too! He's wicked dope! How cool is it that you can actually wear the Plastic Man goggles that are part of the packaging?

Maradona
08-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the GL Classics preorders! Less than $90 shipped is quite a deal. If only we could get the Walmart wave preordered...

I also got Plastic Man, but have yet to remove him from the package.

RUSHBOY
08-22-2010, 01:05 AM
I have the DCUC Plastic man (sdcc one) !! I'm hoping to find the Green Lantern 5 pack @ walmart and wave 14 DCUC also @ walmart but I know it wont be easy !! :whip:

Maradona
08-22-2010, 02:30 AM
A friend of mine picked up the WM GL 5-pack today, so those are out.

figrin bran
08-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I think I'll pass on that GL pack as I don't want the Hal or the John Stewart. I can't imagine that Guy Gardner and Tomar wouldn't be repacked in GL Classics?

RooJay
08-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the GL Classics preorders! Less than $90 shipped is quite a deal. If only we could get the Walmart wave preordered...

Tell me about it! The Wal-Mart nearest me doesn't even have designated shelf space for DCUC anymore. What little they have is sitting on an unmarked section away from the rest of the action figures with mostly closeout merchandise - at regular price, mind you.

buddyfingers85
08-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Is anyone getting these marvel retro figures?

buddyfingers85
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm still missing
Black Manta
Two Face
Green Arrow

plasticfetish
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Is anyone getting these DC retro figures?Nope.

I really like the concept, but the quality just doesn't seem to be there. They look really shoddy... not exactly worth $20 to me.

figrin bran
08-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I got the Happy Meal Brave and the Bold Batmobile today.

Maradona
09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
For those interested, the Walmart Green Lantern 5-pack is up for sale at WM's site:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Universe-Green-Lantern-Action-Figure-5-Pack/14690522

It might not last. I saw scalpers selling it for $100 last weekend.

figrin bran
10-02-2010, 10:53 PM
For those of you collecting JLU figures, the single packed figs are showing up at TRU now.

I picked up Superman blue, Omac, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado today.

Maradona
10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
For those of you collecting JLU figures, the single packed figs are showing up at TRU now.

I picked up Superman blue, Omac, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado today.

When I saw these on Friday, I wondered what had happened. Wasn't this line a Target exclusive?

figrin bran
10-03-2010, 11:56 PM
When I saw these on Friday, I wondered what had happened. Wasn't this line a Target exclusive?

Not really now. Online retailers like EE and BBTS have them now as well.

Maradona
10-06-2010, 12:38 AM
I received DCUC wave 15 from BBTS yesterday. I still haven't seen (or heard of) wave 14 at any WM, not that I necessarily would.

plasticfetish
10-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Wow, wave fifteen already. I'm happy that thirteen is turning up around me at last.