PDA

View Full Version : Superman, Batman & other DC Figures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

JediTricks
05-28-2006, 03:36 AM
On Friday, by sheer luck, I found 2 of the new Mattel DC Superheroes Superman figures. I picked up 1 and passed on the other due to paint issues. What's funny to me is that, while I've owned very few comics compared to most folks I know, the comic that this figure comes with is one I actually bought when it came out (and it's still a lie, no secrets are revealed that I can tell).

Superman is damn near the perfect Supes figure. The articulation is a little loose in a few areas, and more range out of the elbows and neck articulation would have been much appreciated, but they did so much with what they had. The first and foremost thing I wanted was a pair of decent flying poses: 2-armed and 1-armed. The figure pulls off the 1-armed so very well with his left side, the right looks like he's turning which is good but a bit specific, but that left side version is quite acceptable. The 2-armed version is good, the hips don't let the legs come together quite as much and without his torso turned his head isn't looking up as much, but it still is decent. Other poses are good and fine as well, I haven't even dreamed up what all this guy can really do. The sculpting is damn good, the face is mature without being old, serious without being constipated, concerned without being psychotic, and chisled without being cartoonish. The use of closed fists is the right touch, Supes doesn't hold much stuff, he hits stuff and flies and lifts stuff, so closed fists can do 2 out of 3 of those important poses. A rubbery, S-free cape wasn't my first choice but it looks good and dynamic without being insane, doesn't move much but does cover a lot of needs. The paint is admittedly the weakest point, it's just not even, one hip is brighter red than the rest of the red on the figure (both figures had that), and the S-shield logo could be crisper, and the hairline has a few border issues, but overall it's acceptable and that's fine by me.

LTBasker
05-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I just got an opener of the figure and definitely agree- it's awesome. I really wish they had included the Daily Planet stand to go with him though so he could be in a flying pose, but it's not so bad. The only other thing I don't like is the rubbery head, I feel like I'm going to rip it off everytime I move his head.

plasticfetish
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Out of the 4 latest DC Superheroes, I've still yet to see a Superman with really decent paint. You're right, the hairline has been off on all of them that I've seen, and other parts like the belt are a bit messy also. A shame too, because it's such a cool figure otherwise.

JetsAndHeels
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Ive got them all.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
I really wish they had included the Daily Planet stand to go with him though so he could be in a flying pose, but it's not so bad.Definitely agree there, or even a clear stand that's jointed and wall-mountable.

The only other thing I don't like is the rubbery head, I feel like I'm going to rip it off everytime I move his head.Not sure I know what you mean, the head joint is a little loose though. I tried to remove the head from the ball joint, got it half way off but it was tough and I didn't feel like fighting it all the way off, I learned what I needed to anyway (it's not a double-ball joint the way the Superman Returns figures are).

and other parts like the belt are a bit messy also. A shame too, because it's such a cool figure otherwise.The belt on mine is ok, but the plastic around the shoulder joints and torso hinge has very slight stress marks. Still, this is mass-market Mattel product, so I totally forgive the little stuff like that until it becomes too much to overlook.

I'm not surprised you have all 4 J&H, you being the resident Super-fan. :p I've yet to see any of the others. I was thinking about getting Doomsday to beat the snot out of my Superman Returns figures, it's too small of scale for this DC-SH version but might look badass against SR's Clark-to-Supes figure. Superman is far and away the figure I was most looking forward to in this line though, the previous version (http://www.superherotimes.com/archive/image.php?FigID=34&ImgID=0) in their Batman line wasn't done very well at all, and I get the feeling this is probably going to be the best mass-market Superman figure we ever get.

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
I've opened Bizarro and Doomsday thus far. Doomsday is a nice figure, though a bit rubbery, and only about 2/3 as large as he should be. Bizarro, well, that figure is damn near perfect aside from some loose joints.

Anyone know who's forthcoming in this series? I thought a Luthor (in the kooky green battle armor) was coming in this wave, but he must be in the future.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 06:49 PM
OH THE HUMANITY!!! http://photos.superherotimes.com/showphoto.php?photo=9517&cat=788
(Ken & Barbie Superman Returns figures)

I thought beyond wave 3 (Batman, Robin, Mr Freeze, Azrael), DC-SH waves weren't really formalized.

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Azrael?!? You just made my day, JT. Is it the classic Azrael costume, or the more Batman-esque costume he wore for the last couple of years before he was killed?

(I am not referring to the two Azrael-as-Batman suits and variations thereof.)

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 07:30 PM
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9517

I think that's the post-Bat one you referred to, right? I'm not especially familiar with which is which as I only paid attention during the Knightfall line.

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Nah, that's the old-school Azrael costume. He had that, then two different Batman costumes. (One looked like the classic Bats costume with extra armor and weaponry, and it slowly transformed into the Azrael costume with a few touches of the Batman design.)

The updated costume that he got from Batman when he became an "Agent of the Bat" a few years later isn't quite as distinctive, but I don't believe it's ever been immortalized in plastic.

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
OH THE HUMANITY!!! http://photos.superherotimes.com/showphoto.php?photo=9517&cat=788
(Ken & Barbie Superman Returns figures)

Yeah, I have the Supes...what you wanna say about that Mister? :D

Chux, if you are looking for a Doomsday that is more to his actual size try to get the DC Direct one from a couple years ago. That one is awesome, as are all of those in that set.

I know there is supposed to be a Darkseid later in this line, and I can't wait because he is one of my favorite villains.

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I was thinking about getting Doomsday to beat the snot out of my Superman Returns figures, it's too small of scale for this DC-SH version but might look badass against SR's Clark-to-Supes figure.

AH HAH!!
So you do have more than one different figure from the SR line!! I knew you would come around and love them once you had given them the chance they deserve!! :thumbsup:

LTBasker
05-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Definitely agree there, or even a clear stand that's jointed and wall-mountable.

Yeah, that would be even better. Awhile back one of my clear ML stands broke at the peg so I'll stick that up between his back and cape and see how well that holds. I don't expect it to be very sturdy though...

Not sure I know what you mean, the head joint is a little loose though.

Sorry for the vagueness, I meant the rubbery head feels too weak to hold onto the neck peg, but it seems you've proven otherwise. :p

I get the feeling this is probably going to be the best mass-market Superman figure we ever get.

Possibly not, the list of future waves that was released awhile back listed a "battle damaged" Superman in the fourth wave, take the battle damage part lightly though. Batman in the third wave was also listed to be "battle damaged" but as you can see in the new pics of wave 3, he isn't damaged.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9517

I'm quite disappointed that they didn't do any improve on the Robin sculpt, while it was one of the most decent sculpts when it came out but could use improvements...

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Nah, that's the old-school Azrael costume. He had that, then two different Batman costumes. (One looked like the classic Bats costume with extra armor and weaponry, and it slowly transformed into the Azrael costume with a few touches of the Batman design.)

The updated costume that he got from Batman when he became an "Agent of the Bat" a few years later isn't quite as distinctive, but I don't believe it's ever been immortalized in plastic.
Ah, hadn't seen that. Not sure what to think of it really.

J&H, if they stamped an S-shield on dog doo and put it in a blue box, you'd buy it... and judging by those pics, I think you did! :p

From the pics I've seen, Mattel's Supes is a head shorter than DCD's Doomsday, that's closer but I think Doomsday should be even bigger.

AH HAH!!
So you do have more than one different figure from the SR line!! I knew you would come around and love them once you had given them the chance they deserve!! :thumbsup:Sorry, no, I still own just the 1 figure, Clark-to-Supes. This line stinks, 19,000 different crappy gimmick Superman figs. :p

Basker, I know what you mean about that Robin, at least they're giving him better colors, but he doesn't even get a decent weapon.

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Sorry, no, I still own just the 1 figure, Clark-to-Supes. This line stinks, 19,000 different crappy gimmick Superman figs. :p

Oh man you are breaking my heart here!!

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 10:23 PM
No, Mattel is breaking your heart, I'm just relaying the message. ;)

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2006, 10:26 PM
I like the toys, I buy them for me, so really thats all that matters. :yes:

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey look what I got today!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s_mccracken/detail?.dir=ead7&.dnm=977are2.jpg&.src=ph

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 01:04 AM
I thought you got that one a while back, you mentioned it on SWC? Wait, that is an even bigger one. Crazy. Have you seen the super-articulated 14" one? I'm so glad I got the DCSH version or I surely would have caved and bought that (I don't like over-12" scale, I didn't get Batman or the gigantor Spider-Man).

I put my Supes up against my DCSH Bane, I am glad to see Bane is bigger than Supes (too bad Bane is so crappily articulated) but I really wonder why Doomsday isn't this size.

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I got the 14 inch inch ultimate powers figure a few weeks back...the one I got yesterday is the mammoth 30 inch version. It really is awesome, and I cannot wait to scare the crap outta someone with it at 3 in the morning!! haha

El Chuxter
06-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Bane should come with a CommTech chip of sorts. Seriously. I'd push the button on his back to hear him say "I must BREAK YOU!" at least a dozen times a day.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I hear the proportions on the Ultimate Powers figure are all off, that he has oversized arms or something, is that true? It's hard to tell in the packaging. Also, what's with that big button on his right side torso? It's not a try-me-able button.

Bane should have come with better articulation, his hips are embarassing. :p

plasticfetish
06-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Hahahaha... ohhh... I picked up the Missile Launching Kevin Spacey figure the other day. I think it's probably my favorite from the Superman Returns line. (Only one I've bought.)

Oh and... cough, cough...
http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=246#post246
http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=936

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
what's with that big button on his right side torso? It's not a try-me-able button.

That button converts him from standing mode to flight mode, where his feet arch and he can be posed as if he is flying.

Oh yeah today at TRU I got the super poseable Supes figure....the 20 dollar version that has like 30 or 40 points of articulation.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2006, 02:27 PM
I snagged the missle launching Lex Luthor today. I couldn't believe it: a sea of Supermen and one random Lex. I have no plans on getting the other one they have pictured as he's covered in Krytponite and itj ust looks silly. However, they did nail Spacey's likeness pretty well. Then again, it's an effin' bald guy in a winter coat. How hard could it be? If they would just give me a superoseable Superman Returns figure, i'd buy him and then i'd be done with this line...unless there is a Lois figure in the works? anyone?

But I hope the Spacey figure does well cos we could finally get the line of figures that we've ALL been waiting for: "American Beauty." hehehehheehehehe :lipsrsealed:

and Jets, since you seem to the resident Supes fan, any ideas which figure is the best Supes figure? I won't open it, it'll just display next to Lex.

oh, and i'm sure this has been posted: But DC Superheroes wave 4 is superman themed again: Battle Damaged Superman, Darkseid, Brainiac, and Lex Luthor. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Cool! Any word on which Brainiac?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Cool! Any word on which Brainiac?

Nothing yet, at least, that I know of.

and Jets, i will probably be joining you with the SuperTar here soon. The more i keep watching these trailers, the giddier I get. :love:

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2006, 10:15 PM
and Jets, i will probably be joining you with the SuperTar here soon. The more i keep watching these trailers, the giddier I get. :love:

Guyute, there is a super-poseable figure of supes, but it is the 12 inch variety..over 38 points..got mine at TRU yesterday its very nice!!

And I knew you would come around and like how this film is looking...at first I remember you were reluctant but everyone comes around, hes Superman!!

JediTricks
06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
It's not 12", it's 14", it puts him a head over 12" figures which takes him out of their scale. Mattel did the same thing with Batman Beyond Batman, only he's 13" so he's a head shorter than Supes and thus out of scale with him too.

JetsAndHeels
06-06-2006, 08:25 PM
It's not 12", it's 14", it puts him a head over 12" figures which takes him out of their scale.

Ok I was off but still its the 12 to 14 inch variety.

Mattel did the same thing with Batman Beyond Batman, only he's 13" so he's a head shorter than Supes and thus out of scale with him too.

That has always been the case. :D

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Ok I was off but still its the 12 to 14 inch variety. Not at all, 12" and 14" look very different with this figure especially, look at this comparison to the Batman Begins 13" Action Cape figure:
http://mwctoys.com/images/review_hypersupes_7.jpg
(from this review: http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050806a.htm) And that Bats figure towers over most 12" figures.

That has always been the case. :D You wish! If Supes was a head taller than Bats, Supes would be almost 7' tall, that's ridiculous. :p

I went on a small figure buying spree yesterday, picked up 3 different Mattel figures from the DC universe.

First off was JLU The Flash, I have the first JL version but his articulation sucks, this one has a new body with twice the articualtion and can do a decent running pose. His accessory is kinda "Huh?" but I don't care.

Then there was JLU Batman, again I have the original JL version and its articulation sucks. This one has the same articulation as the Flash, but doesn't use it anywhere near as well - the elbows are good, the rest doesn't look so good in use with the sculpt. Also, I don't like the cape design as much as the previous JL Bats, it's just not to my liking. And the accessory doesn't exactly make sense, it's metallic bat wings that fit over his cowl and cape, they're not wide enough for believable flight, no engines or tech, no real offensive possibilities, and all it really protects is his cape.

Finally, I bought a figure from The Batman:EXP line, Ultimate Defender Batman. The EXP line has been pretty much a washout since its inception, the packaging is awful, the accessories and gimmicks are lame, the colors are incredibly poor choices generally, and the price sucks bad. UD Bats here is indeed still overpriced, and his packaging and accessory are both lame, but the figure at least is something good, it's the newer regular Batman body but the gray is much, much darker than previous versions, almost black, and it looks tremendous. The accessory is a stupid reuse though, from EXP Criminal Capture Batman, it's a string that you place over a figure then tighten, and when you insert and twist the power core dealy a huge clear taretging panel flips out sideways, and the string's connection pops forward an inch for no apparent reason - UD Bats can't even hold it right because it's for a different figure.

plasticfetish
06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Impulse shopping? Obviously a little bored there JT?

Cool! Any word on which Brainiac?Here's the page from ToyFare...

(I think we talked about this over at SWC.com, but it's all a blur now. ;))

JetsAndHeels
06-08-2006, 08:34 PM
You wish! If Supes was a head taller than Bats, Supes would be almost 7' tall, that's ridiculous. :p

Hmmm..kind of took me literally there didn't you?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Those figs look great.

and I just read that the Batman wave that featured Stealth Bats, Batgirl, Two-face and the redux Joker has been postponed/canceled. More details as i get them.

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Impulse shopping? Obviously a little bored there JT?Impulse, yes, exactly, and I didn't buy it all at 1 store. I also bought some Zizzle 4" Pirates of the Carribean figs at TRU for $5 each, except for the overpriced EXP The Batman figure (if you're gonna charge $7 and up Mattel, at least give us some GOOD accessories and some better articulation, like universal-jointed shoulders and hips and neck, and articulated ankles and upper biceps) all the figs I bought yesterday were $5, the impulse pricepoint. :D

Here's the page from ToyFare...

(I think we talked about this over at SWC.com, but it's all a blur now. ;))It's new to me, so we didn't. Poor Barbara Gordon, thinking she's the world's worst Bat. :p It looks like a good lineup, but I'm not so thrilled about Cassandra Batgirl, and Lex's armor is hilarious!

Hmmm..kind of took me literally there didn't you?That's why it's called "scale". :p

Cancelled? Man, Mattel sucks bad! How many times do they have to cancel these things?!? Maybe if they hadn't gotten so greedy with the damn Bane, Croc, and Scarcrow offerings, there'd be a line to continue rather than cancel.

plasticfetish
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
and I just read that the Batman wave that featured Stealth Bats, Batgirl, Two-face and the redux Joker has been postponed/canceled. More details as i get them.

Oh, that sucks. (Where'd you read that?) I really wanted to see how the Four Horsemen Two-face turned out.

edit again: I'd read that they've been having licensing problems with DC. Something to do with that?

El Chuxter
06-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Okay, now that you show the page, it do look rather familiar. :)

So it looks like 80s Super Powers Brainiac, only updated. Has that particular version appeared in the post-Crisis universe? He looks cool either way, and hopefully they'll give him a new head, a slightly different paint job, and give us Metallo!

And let me go on record now by saying that I want both Batgirls. I prefer Cassandra, but I can always go for the tasteless angle and have Joker shooting Barbara. :twisted:

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Ok tonight I got my up up & away supes PLUS the crystal smashing supes figure.
Both are very nice!!

LTBasker
06-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I take it Clark to Superman has become the hard to find figure? I noticed it's completely gone from the pegs.

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I still see it here, though in lesser numbers now that the word is out that it's the only good one in the line. ... speaking of which, now that you have UUA Supes, where's the review of Wave 3 J&H?

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 06:42 PM
One thing I forgot to mention about JLU Batman is that his base color is slightly blue, it's almost believable as gray but obviously is blue. I'm not in love with it, but because it's nearly gray it's not horrible. Still, blue suit with black gloves and cowl, that's not Batman.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2006, 12:01 AM
now that you have UUA Supes, where's the review of Wave 3 J&H?

The fireball supes is by far my favorite out of this line, as far as the supes figures go. The Lex is great because, well he is Lex, and that this is the first villain in the set. The Up up and away Supes is pretty cool, even though I have not totally figured out the gimmick yet...it comes with this little key that activates his motion. Once I have the time to actually try it out and get it to work I will like it better I am sure. Until then, fireball supes and Lex get top votes from me.
Honorable mention goes to the sonic wave supes (or whatever the name of that one is), just because of the cool sound effect.
The crystal smashing supes is cool too..he almost has the same facial expression as fireball supes but the motion he does (breaking free from the crystals) is neat.

LTBasker
06-11-2006, 12:43 AM
At least it looks like Lex shouldn't be hard to find for now, I saw 5-6 Lex figures today. I'll probably grab a couple to go with Clark2Supes I picked up before the movie comes out, he might disappear around then.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I need the Lex in the green kryptonite armor..I know that isn't supposed to be available until the next wave ships, but I want that one pretty bad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, i need him too. Not that i think he looks great, but still, it's Lex. I haven't seen him yet, but if i see a few, i'll snag one for ya, Jets.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks JMG. I appreciate it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2006, 07:51 PM
No problem. I expect the same from you, son. :crazed:

adn to add on: I also picked up to the Clark --> superman. It seems like a great basic figure, or at least good enough to keep MOC next to Lex. For the most part, we have A LOT of these figures in my area (Dayton, OH) but they vary in amounts. My store, i counted like 15, others, 1-2. I think its' the best one though; no gimmicks or stupid tricks, just a good Sueps figure.

JediTricks
06-11-2006, 10:11 PM
A key on UU&A Supes? I think I saw a photo suggesting he leaps from a semi-crouched position to a flying postion, maybe that's how he does it.

So, what articulation/gimmicks do the wave 3 figures have?

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2006, 10:03 AM
The key on UU&A supes is the piece that sort of "winds him up" so to speak. It goes into a hole on his back and that transforms him into the flight mode and so on.

JediTricks
06-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Sounds... odd. So, articulation on these guys?

plasticfetish
06-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I picked up Kryptonite Smash Superman (yes, impulse buy) and aside from the creepy dorsal fin, it's not too bad. (But, since when did kids start needing a special handle to make their toys smash into things?)

I'll be putting picks over at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com)

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I picked up Kryptonite Smash Superman (yes, impulse buy) and aside from the creepy dorsal fin, it's not too bad. (But, since when did kids start needing a special handle to make their toys smash into things?)

I'll be putting picks over at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com)

Yes, the K-Smash figure isnt bad at all!! In fact ALL of these toys totally rule!!

*hides behind something to avoid the incoming grief he is about to receive*

plasticfetish
06-12-2006, 11:20 PM
no grief, but... :rolleyes:

JediTricks
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
no grief, but... :rolleyes: Ditto that.

I retitled the thread so folks know we're not just jawing about Superman Returns.

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!
The toy line may be mediocre (in YOUR opinions) but I for one am enjoying the constant flow of Superman related items that are coming out..its like a dream come true.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2006, 09:56 AM
J&H- Your blind devotion to those medicore figures hasn't helped you find the lost Lex Luthor figure! heheheheeheheh don't get me wrong dude, this movie is going to be great, but even you can't be so blindly devoted to waste your $$ on EVERY SINGLE LAST SUPES FIGURE!!

Action-figure.com has posted the revised switch around for DC Superheroes.

Series 4- August

3x Stealth Batman

2x Batgirl

2x Two-Face

1x Joker

Series 5-October

2x Battle Damaged Superman

2x Lex Luthor

2x Braniac

1x Superman Mother Box

1x Darkseid

No idea which Joker we're getting and WTF is Superman Mother Box?!?

oh, and keep your eyes to the stores: my wal-mart store just got in two PDQ's superman merchandise: one of the first two flicks and then JLA cartoons and another with the Adventures of Superman (14.44-28.86), both seasons of Lois and Clark (29ish, I think) and the first four seasons of Smallville (28-29). I wanna get all of Smallville, but A. I don't want it much and B. no $$. Maybe when they all drop to 20 bucks. but still, there you have it. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
06-14-2006, 10:01 AM
J&H- Your blind devotion to those medicore figures hasn't helped you find the lost Lex Luthor figure! heheheheeheheh don't get me wrong dude, this movie is going to be great, but even you can't be so blindly devoted to waste your $$ on EVERY SINGLE LAST SUPES FIGURE!! Same thing could be said about Star Wars and many of those figures. :D

No idea which Joker we're getting and WTF is Superman Mother Box?!? I don't know, but it sounds dirty! :shocked:

El Chuxter
06-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I've heard of Mother Box before, but not in conjunction with Superman. :confused:

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2006, 11:22 AM
even you can't be so blindly devoted to waste your $$ on EVERY SINGLE LAST SUPES FIGURE!!

I would love to take you up on that bet, but I would hate to see you lose. :D

LTBasker
06-14-2006, 12:15 PM
The Joker that is listed in series 4 should be the one that was shown in ToyFare with the creepy gas mask.

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline. Why you have made this a battle between us and you, I do not know.

The toy line may be mediocre (in YOUR opinions) but I for one am enjoying the constant flow of Superman related items that are coming out..its like a dream come true.In OUR opinions? Can you point us to anybody else who thinks this toyline is anything but crummy? I love Supes, I was jazzed to get the DCSH figure not too long ago, but I'd rather have 1 great Superman product than dozens of poor ones.

No idea which Joker we're getting and WTF is Superman Mother Box?!? My guess is the Joker from the previous iteration of this line, the Batman 6" line's Joker. Mother Box is a sentient, hyper-intelligent computer with special powers from Darkseid's Apokolips and its enemy world of New Genesis, at one point Superman teams up with a Mother Box to defeat Doomsday the second time around I believe.

Same thing could be said about Star Wars and many of those figures. :DAnd how many crappy Vader figures were released in the course of 1 month? ;) Apples and Oranges.

A-F is reporting now that several retailers have been told by Mattel that their DCSH line is being pulled while they try to revise it. Good job Mattel, way to continue your string of failures via pitiful case assortments.

El Chuxter
06-14-2006, 06:46 PM
The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline.

I'm excited about Superman Returns. The movie, not the toys. The toys rather suck.

plasticfetish
06-14-2006, 06:59 PM
The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline.
I'm pretty excited about the film... maybe I'm a little gunshy after X3, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but Superman Returns looks great from what I've seen so far. It's gonna be hard to compete with the first two Superman films, but I have a feeling that everyone involved had their head in the right place for his one, so we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the toys go... I don't have very much faith in Mattel, so if a line is sort of (or extremely) lame, then it's no surprise. If they put out something that's great like the DC SH line, then that's a big treat... makes the other lines look even worse, but...

The Superman Returns toys aren't terrible, but it's too bad that they're not better. Mattel has the ability to put out a better product, but they're extremely lazy. Another reason why one company should not have exclusive rights to make toys for a given movie. We'd all benefit from a little competition.

Anyone get a look at the new Barbie and Ken Superman Returns dolls BTW? Lois Lane looks pretty good actually, but the SuperKen is one of the most funky looking things that I've seen. You'll have to find one to see what I mean... it made me laugh out loud.

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm excited about Superman Returns. The movie, not the toys. The toys rather suck.

I'm pretty excited about the film... maybe I'm a little gunshy after X3, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but Superman Returns looks great from what I've seen so far. It's gonna be hard to compete with the first two Superman films, but I have a feeling that everyone involved had their head in the right place for his one, so we'll just have to wait and see.
You people don't know how to read. :p I didn't say I didn't know people who were excited, I said I didn't know people who were remotely as excited as J&H there - huge difference! The guy posts like he's salivating for the film, like he's dreaming about just standing in line for it. ;) I'm anticipating the film, I know a lot of people who are excited about it, just nobody else THAT excited.

The Superman Returns toys aren't terrible, but it's too bad that they're not better. Mattel has the ability to put out a better product, but they're extremely lazy. Here's some words used to describe the line in this thread, "mediocre", "incredibly disappointing", "crummy". Would you say any/all of them have gone too far, and if so, which and how much?

Anyone get a look at the new Barbie and Ken Superman Returns dolls BTW? Lois Lane looks pretty good actually, but the SuperKen is one of the most funky looking things that I've seen. You'll have to find one to see what I mean... it made me laugh out loud.I dogged SuperKen over on SWC, it's skinny and shiny and just all-around funny-looking.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2006, 08:34 PM
The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline. Why you have made this a battle between us and you, I do not know.

How have I made it a battle? I simply have stated that I really like this line and I have had no problems spending MY money on it!!
I don't care if you or anyone else or the whole world for that matter hates it, that is your right. I didn't realize it was being made into a "battle between me and you".
Wow.

And pardon me for being excited about a movie that quite frankly I am more hyped about than Star Wars itself. Yes, you read that right..I am more excited about this than Star Wars.
Do some internet research or watch the news soon, I am sure you will find people out there more into this than I am.
I am a passionate fan, nothing more nothing less.

LTBasker
06-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Personally, I'm pretty excited for the film nearly as much as Jet is and while I don't share his full support of the SR line, I can understand that he's excited to the point where he doesn't look at the figures like we do, he likes Superman to the point where a toy being Superman is worth the $$$ alone to enjoy.

El Chuxter
06-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I fully expect this to be at least ten times better than ROTS, and will be sorely disappointed if it's not at least eight times better.

DarthBrandon
06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
I fully expect this to be at least ten times better than ROTS, and will be sorely disappointed if it's not at least eight times better.

Don't get your hopes up, I fully expect this to be butchered big time & if it's not I won't be disappointed at all, just like my Leafs every year.:D

El Chuxter
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Bryan Singer made two X-Men movies that are currently two of the three best comic book movies ever, and he also gave us The Usual Suspects. Knowing that, and having seen what I've seen from various sources, I think there's a very, very good chance Batman Begins is going to give up its crown in a couple of weeks.

JediTricks
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
How have I made it a battle? I simply have stated that I really like this line and I have had no problems spending MY money on it!!
I don't care if you or anyone else or the whole world for that matter hates it, that is your right. I didn't realize it was being made into a "battle between me and you".
Wow.Aren't you the one who posted: "Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!" That is not you stating that you really like this line, that is you yelling at us and telling us what we are supposed to be thinking, that's why I called it a battle.

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Aren't you the one who posted: "Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!" That is not you stating that you really like this line, that is you yelling at us and telling us what we are supposed to be thinking, that's why I called it a battle.

Yeah I said that, and I also have said countless times that I enjoy this line. What is your point man?
So now I cannot come onto this site, a site for fans, and talk about what I like and so forth?
Get a grip pal.

[Edited]

Im out.

El Chuxter
06-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Let's see:

A craptacular, inferior X-Men sequel

A Pixar film that is, by all accounts, still watchable but their weakest effort so far

A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people

A Superman flick with Bryan Singer at the helm?

Me, I'm betting on Supes, too. :D

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Let's see:

A Pixar film that is, by all accounts, still watchable but their weakest effort so far

A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people

Me, I'm betting on Supes, too. :D

We can't be fans Chux...JediTricks will take offense.
He thinks we are fighting a "battle" against him and so forth.
So if you have any enthusiasm for the movie just hide it because he will get upset.

DarthBrandon
06-15-2006, 06:19 PM
We can't be fans Chux...Jedi**** will take offense.
He thinks we are fighting a "battle" against him and so forth.
So if you have any enthusiasm for the movie just hide it because he will get upset.

Peaks head in & sees the hostility, leaves immediatley to avoid this mess.:sad: :lipsrsealed: :shocked:

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Wow. . . I'm bowing out of this one. I didn't realize this was an argument going on. :)

plasticfetish
06-16-2006, 01:40 AM
A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea peopleI dunno, that looks pretty good to me. But if you wanna fight about it, I'll meet you over by the bike racks after school.

:D

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah I said that, and I also have said countless times that I enjoy this line. What is your point man?
So now I cannot come onto this site, a site for fans, and talk about what I like and so forth?
Get a grip pal.

Actually don't get a grip....take this post, this thread, whatever else you like, and shove it up your ***.
Im out.Oooookay. My point was that you are turning this into a battle, nothing more. Where did I say you can't come here and talk about this stuff? Nowhere, of course, because that wasn't the message. You're seeing this as something it's not, swearing and namecalling over an incorrect perception, and about a TOY line and the level of greatness a movie will achieve no less. You're flipping out over a misunderstanding, but I still consider you a good guy and I'm sorry to see you upset over this.

Do you know what I'd rather be doing in this thread? Discussing my new Lex Luthor figure I picked up at TRU tonight, but I can't because I haven't opened it yet, instead I get a message that there's a meltdown in the forums. Hopefully we're done though.

Lex's fortress of solitude crystal shard is what sold me, that's a good-looking little accessory, I hope I don't lose it, it's very small and it's clear. (Of course, when I was a kid, the Fortress of Solitude had a giant door with humungous lock and key that kept folks like Luthor from just waltzing in and taking stuff.) The likeness is good in a toyetic way, similar to the other Mattel DC movie figures. I'll post more when I open him.

Me, I'm betting on Supes, too. :DThat's a good point, mediocre and "eh, ok" entries so far, though I think WB is betting on Disney's POTC2 as they did push up the release on Supes 2 days (and 2 hours) for that extra box office time - I suppose that's a fair move by WB, the movie could do huge business like Xmen3's first weekend but still have plenty of ground to make up with SR's $260mil budget.

plasticfetish
06-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Do you know what I'd rather be doing in this thread? Discussing my new Lex Luthor figure I picked up at TRU tonight, but I can't because I haven't opened it yet, instead I get a message that there's a meltdown in the forums. Hopefully we're done though.Done with what?

Is it the gray version that looks like Uncle Fester? I like that thing, but he can't really hold his insanely huge rocket launcher very well. (Aren't you looking forward to the movie just to see Kevin Spacey shoot a rocket launcher?)

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Gray version, you mean his outfit? It was gray with black, the other one in the store was as well, what's the variation there?

His rocket launcher is in-scale to him I think, that's how big something like that would be, if it was way oversized I might not have gotten him. The pic on the back shows him holding it like a goob, but that's toys for you. The missile sticking out the front might be why you're saying it's very big, this is true, in real life the missile would be entirely in the launcher, and when it fired the stabalizer wings would then pop out.

Heh heh, damnit, now you've ruined this figure forever, all I can think of seeing him is Uncle Fester. :D

After hearing about Spacey peeing globs in Usual Supsects and then them showing it (ok, that's backwards) I don't think there's anything I can't picture him doing. :p

plasticfetish
06-16-2006, 03:08 AM
what's the variation there?No, I just meant instead of the other Luthor figure that's coming out (Kryptonite Armor?)... wasn't sure if you'd found that.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Oh! Right, this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Superman-Returns-Kryptonite-Armor-LEX-LUTHOR_W0QQitemZ6066429531QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2482Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Both of 'em:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOTH-New-LEX-LUTHOR-Superman-Returns-Figures_W0QQitemZ6066449488QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2482 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I didn't realize that second one was already out, took me by surprise!

I spotted Fireball Supes and Kryptonite-Escape Supes at TRU as well, I almost got Fireball right there because he has the articulated ankles I've been wanting, but they gave him a new face that's also on KE Supes there, it's kinda constipated and weird in the package, plus I didn't really dig the fireball paint on Supes' chest, so I am waiting till I'm more hard-up for figures before picking it up.

LTBasker
06-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Krypto armor Lex doesn't look too bad, but his face looks alot slimmer than cold gear Lex. Looks alot more like Rosenbaum from Smallville. I'm waiting to see how Lex looks without the armor on, I'm hoping he looks ok since I just wanted a normal looking Lex to go with my Supes, but I may pick up both. >_<

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Today I took all my unopened SR toys to WalMart and got my money back.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Today I took all my unopened SR toys to WalMart and got my money back.

I'm surprised that was even possible, you mean you didn't open them all in the store and start playing with them before you even bought them ? :crazed: lol

Well, as far as the collectibility of Soupy goes, I am not purchasing his wares (other than the Daily Planet bottles of Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi I have stashed in my pantry :crazed: ) but I'm really looking forward to the movie ! Moreso than I was a few months ago. :)

For me X3 was the big draw of the summer and I was looking at Supes as a nice followup after X-Men. But uh, as much as I enjoyed X3 I thought it could have been better (don't confuse me with that ROTS hatin' Chux :frus: who dislikes X3 while I was just mildly disappointed ;) ) so what I'm saying is that now I hope Supes saves the summer blockbuster experience for me. :thumbsup:

And on that topic of blockbusters, I enjoyed the first Pirates 3 years ago but haven't watched it since. I was pretty "meh" toward the idea of a sequel but after seeing that dude with the tentacle face in the trailer, I have to say I'm pretty excited for that one, too. WTF is up with that guy ? ? ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

So yeah, anyway - Supes, Pirates, and X-Men 3 should make for a pretty fun movie summer for me. But I'll take one ROTS any and every time. :yes: :yes: :yes:

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm surprised that was even possible, you mean you didn't open them all in the store and start playing with them before you even bought them ? :crazed: lol

That 30 inch Superman figure I bought...that's really the only one I didn't return. I have enjoyed having it and scaring the crap out of people with it...one day at work I sat it up on a table in the break room RIGHT behind the door.....when one of my coworkers came in for her shift she opened the door and Supes was right there in her grill!! she screamed.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
WOW, I just noticed that Huge Supes a day or two ago at Wal-Mart and I get a kick out of them...just like when they did Spider-Man and The Hulk. lol

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 07:21 PM
I took a pic of my mega supes fig the other night for KH..thought it was pretty cool so i added it to my photobucket account.
What ya think?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/jetheelz/miscellaneous/Picture004-1.jpg

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:27 PM
"I SHALL CALL HIM.....MINI-ME"

Those big figures crack me up. lol
I almost bought the giant Spidey 2 years ago for my nephew because he loves Spider-Man but then I decided against it since I assumed my sister and brother-in-law would be ****ed that I wasted so much of their space. :grin:

I don't know if he's into Superman too much, though? I know he has some of the figures from awhile back. I'll have to check.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 07:28 PM
"I SHALL CALL HIM.....MINI-ME"

And ironically I have caught big supes feeding his younger brothers chocolate and walking them on a leash. :D

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Krypto armor Lex doesn't look too bad, but his face looks alot slimmer than cold gear Lex. Looks alot more like Rosenbaum from Smallville. I'm waiting to see how Lex looks without the armor on, I'm hoping he looks ok since I just wanted a normal looking Lex to go with my Supes, but I may pick up both. >_<You're gonna "love" this, I opened up my Missile Launchin' Lex figure and noticed Krypto Lex as one of the other figures on the cardback, I noticed his arms and legs seem to be the same as Missile Lex (big gloves, poofy-wrinkled pants), so I pulled back Lex's rubbery coat and his actual torso underneath is the regular shirt complete with tie that Krypto Lex has, only unpainted. My theory is that Krypto Lex is the exact same figure, head to toe, as Missile Lex but without the rubbery coat. I am thinking about cutting one side of Missile Lex's coat open (the side that they obviously glued shut after putting it on the figure, the other side was manufactured sealed) and having "regular gray Lex" from that, he'll still be able to put the coat on (not sure how the right side seam will look once cut open though) but he'll need his tie painted.

Today I took all my unopened SR toys to WalMart and got my money back.Posting drunk? :p (j/k, but it wouldn't be the first time someone at SSG did that) So did this really happen? I'd love to see the look on the poor WM employees face if this did happen.

Heh heh, freaky 30" Supermidget surprise sounds funny.

plasticfetish
06-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Today I took all my unopened SR toys to WalMart and got my money back.I can't believe you let killjoy-mcNofun pressure you into returning your Superman Returns toys. I mean, sure, I called the line mediocre (and it is), but I've collected plenty of mediocre toy lines that I liked. Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. ;))

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 08:18 PM
EDIT: Hey PF, nice to see mod solidarity there. :p I didn't PRESSURE him into taking back ANYTHING, I didn't say "gee JF96, I mean J&H, I think these toys suck and you shouldn't buy them", I said I and others felt the line was mediocre, that's on us, not him. Plus he didn't say he return all his toys, just the unopened ones.

Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. ;))If you ripped the "Secret Panel" off the box, it's not returnable. :D (The Lost in Space movie line from Trendmasters released the Dr Smith figure as the end-of-the-movie monster thing, it was a spoiler so each figure had a tear-away panel covering the window.)

So about Lex Luthor Missile Launching...

The figure itself is, as I mentioned, wearing a big rubber coat that's glued shut on its right seam. The head sculpt is quite good, it's a little soft but still decent; the head paint is another matter, the eyes and eyebrows are painted with standard mass-market Mattel subtlety (none) so they look too toyetic, it's not a horror show and it does have the right shape, but the paint work here keeps it firmly in toy-territory. The articulation is neck, shoulders, hips, and hinged elbows and knees; nothing is restricted except backwards on the hips (all the SR figures, as well as all Mattel's Batman Begins and Justice League figures, have separate behinds which prevent backwards hip movement), the hinges aren't attractive but I've seen worse and these at least have full 90-degrees of range. The outfit sculpt is not hyper-detailed but good with several nice touches like shoelaces, wrinkles, and buttons with holes in the middle; underneath the coat (not removable) is a regular belt and suit shirt with tie, they're unpainted in dark gray plastic.

Lex's biggest draw for me is his myriad of accessories. First off - and both are unpainted dark gray material - he's got goggles/sunglasses which fit perfectly and can sit up on his forehead, and a pair of binoculars with a stringg long enough so it can fit around his neck and yet still he can hold them with his right hand and actually look through them (this is a pretty big achievment in my book). Then there's the missile launcher, it's not unrealistic in size or design, perhaps a litle thick but nothing crazy, the handles are odd though in that he can hold 1-handed it like a gun, but he can't hold it over his shoulder unfortunately and it looks bad held 2-handed. Then there's the missile, it's painted white and has good detailing, it plugs into the front of the launcher and fires (in real life the stabalizer wings would fold up and it'd fit INSIDE the launcher), inside the warhead is a (non-removable) kryptonite tube holding a crystal and they really did a good job with this, it's actually hollowed out around the pieces. Finally, there's 2 tiny, rubbery, clear accessories: separate versions of the green kryptonite tube and the clear crystal, they're RIDICULOUSLY small but seem to be in scale with the figure. The tube is featureless and hollow, it fits in Lex's hands and the crystal can be inserted, but after about halfway the crystal doesn't want to go further without struggle and I don't want to rip it apart trying to get it out of there; the crystal is a hair too narrow for Lex to hold between his gloved fingers, but the tube can hold it there, the crystal is pointy and slightly faceted, it looks quite nifty for something so small.

LTBasker
06-16-2006, 09:22 PM
So JT, do you think cold gear Lex would look good if one were to cut the big coat off and replace the hands with nongloved ones?

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Hmm, he'd still have the thick pants and hiking boots, and the gloves extend past his wrists so you'd have to have donor forearms as well (probably the best way to do that would be to swap out a similar forearm at the hinge rather than cutting it in half), and you'd have to paint the tie and the crotch of the pants. It sounds like a lot of work to me, but I suppose it'd work.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
I can't believe you let killjoy-mcNofun pressure you into returning your Superman Returns toys. I mean, sure, I called the line mediocre (and it is), but I've collected plenty of mediocre toy lines that I liked. Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. ;))

Relax, you've been punk'd!!
:D

plasticfetish
06-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Relax, you've been punk'd!!
:DI figured (no pun... wait... yes, pun intended) I had been

EDIT: Hey PF, nice to see mod solidarity there.Healthy ribbing... and my Dr. Smith (mutated) was the version that came out later, without the flap (found 2, still have one boxed.) I liked that line, magnets are fun. :)

You know what I was wondering about the next Luthor figure, that I can't see from the photos... is he just wearing a shirt and tie under all that green stuff? If so, I'd get that one also.

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Healthy ribbing... and my Dr. Smith (mutated) was the version that came out later, without the flap (found 2, still have one boxed.) I liked that line, magnets are fun. :)They made 1 without the flap, are you sure the flap just wasn't removed? The spiders were cheap in that they were recycled from/recycled into their Action Fleet-scale Jupiter 2 even though they're totally the wrong scale.

You know what I was wondering about the next Luthor figure, that I can't see from the photos... is he just wearing a shirt and tie under all that green stuff? If so, I'd get that one also.Yes, check out the first auction I posted, its close-up photo (I attached it to this post). This is the same sculpt as what's under the coat on Missile Lex, but I've seen a photo somewhere (can't find it now) with the armor removed.

Oh, TRU had their exclusive Space Suit Kal-El figure, it was $10, they had a TON because the price and because it looks awful, just regular Clark-to-Supes without a cape and painted silver and then given a horrid patina wash, just like their gold Batman Begins one from last year. Photos: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9532

And check out Takara's Microman Superman & Supergirl, Supes is a bit sketchy, but it's an interesting set: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9568

plasticfetish
06-17-2006, 05:14 PM
That's cool about Luthor... I will grab that one when it shows up.

They made 1 without the flap, are you sure the flap just wasn't removed?No, there were two versions. The one with the flap was much harder to find actually. The other Future Smith version was turning up pretty often once the film had been out.

jjreason
06-17-2006, 07:19 PM
That Azrael is actually pretty cool looking - but I'm not completely sold. The big "Frank Miller" looking gloves, and the obvious "rubberosity" of the lower legs. Nice paint job though, and the face is just right.

plasticfetish
06-19-2006, 12:05 AM
A pic of the "Brandon Routh (Superman; Kal-El) - Marlon Brando (Jor-El) 2-Pack" was put up over at ActionFigs.com

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=218

This is something I'd buy!

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 01:11 AM
No, there were two versions. The one with the flap was much harder to find actually. The other Future Smith version was turning up pretty often once the film had been out.That's wacky, there were MILES of those stupid flap ones at TRUs all around here back then.

Marlon Brando figure... must have!

plasticfetish
06-19-2006, 01:44 AM
That's wacky, there were MILES of those stupid flap ones at TRUs all around here back then.You know how that crap goes... the TRU you go to had a million with flaps, and then 20 miles away, the TRU I was at had a million without the flap.

Marlon Brando figure... must have!Seriously. (I sat through 200 minutes of Apocolypse Now "redux" last night, and the first thing I thought when I saw that figure, was... "The horror!")

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
A pic of the "Brandon Routh (Superman; Kal-El) - Marlon Brando (Jor-El) 2-Pack" was put up over at ActionFigs.com

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=218

This is something I'd buy!

Now this is something I WILL own. No ifs ands or buts...got to add this to my Superman stash.

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I hope it's not just Australia-only like the Ep 1 mini-figure gift pack, that motherfather cost me more to ship here than the item I actually traded for it.

JetsAndHeels
06-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I hope it's not just Australia-only like the Ep 1 mini-figure gift pack, that motherfather cost me more to ship here than the item I actually traded for it.

I think I would be willing to shell out some serious dollars for this one....a Jor-El figure is one I have wanted for quite some time.

jjreason
06-20-2006, 01:28 AM
This is crazy..... are they going to break any new ground with this movie, or is it actually trying to continue on with the story of the Christopher Reeve Superman (which, in my mind, ended after the 2nd movie anyhow)?

plasticfetish
06-20-2006, 01:48 AM
This is crazy..... are they going to break any new ground with this movieWhat kind of new ground are you looking for them to break? It's a Superman movie. He's gonna fly around, fight Lex Luthor and talk to his dead father. :)

I was pretty happy to hear that bit about the writers wanting to get back on track with the first two movies.

Rocketboy
06-20-2006, 09:53 AM
This is crazy..... are they going to break any new ground with this movie, or is it actually trying to continue on with the story of the Christopher Reeve Superman (which, in my mind, ended after the 2nd movie anyhow)?That is pretty much it. Suoerman Returns is the new Superman 3.

Kidhuman
06-20-2006, 10:09 AM
That is pretty much it. Suoerman Returns is the new Superman 3.

Minus Richard Pryor.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM
And therefore minus the inspiration for Michael Bolton's money skimming scheme in Office Space. :cry:

darthvyn
06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
now that movie will never be made, and no one will talk about "flair" anymore! damn time/space continuuuuuum!!!! why did bryan singer have to invent a time machine to make a different superman 3???

JediTricks
06-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I think I would be willing to shell out some serious dollars for this one....a Jor-El figure is one I have wanted for quite some time. The tough part is deciding whether to act now and spend a fortune on shipping, or risk waiting for it to get released here or at least to have a dealer bring 'em over here cheaper. I suspect they'll at least make it to Europe though, once there they get a lot easier to import or buy on ebay.

MEGO apparently made a Jor-El figure back in the day along with a Zod figure: http://megomuseum.com/twelve/12superman.shtml

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
The tough part is deciding whether to act now and spend a fortune on shipping, or risk waiting for it to get released here or at least to have a dealer bring 'em over here cheaper. I suspect they'll at least make it to Europe though, once there they get a lot easier to import or buy on ebay.

I think I will take my chances and wait. I want this set pretty bad but I know that later I can probably still find one available.

Ive actually seen some of those MEGO figures before....interesting to say the least. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-21-2006, 02:34 AM
wait, i'm kinda confused: are these figures DOLLS are ACTION FIGURES?

and J&H, this new wave of Supes featuring the new Lex, when is that supposed to be shipping? I'm curious as i haven't found him yet. :lipsrsealed:

plasticfetish
06-21-2006, 03:28 AM
wait, i'm kinda confused: are these figures DOLLS are ACTION FIGURES?

and J&H, this new wave of Supes featuring the new Lex, when is that supposed to be shipping? I'm curious as i haven't found him yet. :lipsrsealed:Are what dolls? The "house of El" set, or the old Mego figures? Both are action figures... but you could call them "dolls" if you want.

I don't think the new wave of SR figures is out yet. Not sure when it ships... very soon I suppose.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-21-2006, 09:43 AM
PF- i meant that House of El as when i looked at the pics, they looked like dolls, but i guess you are right: they are figures. thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-21-2006, 02:36 PM
The House of El figures are figures, I think they have the same basic SR body (likely the Clark to Supes one) because of the hand configuration. They're painted silver and then given those crazy aluminum foil jackets.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
and J&H, this new wave of Supes featuring the new Lex, when is that supposed to be shipping? I'm curious as i haven't found him yet. :lipsrsealed:

I read that they were supposed to be available either right around the release of the film (which is in less than a week now by the way :D ) or right after that in early July.

JediTricks
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I picked up Kryptonite Armor Lex tonight at Target. It definitely is the same body and figure as the other Lex. I haven't opened him yet, will post more later.

JetsAndHeels
06-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I picked up Kryptonite Armor Lex tonight at Target. It definitely is the same body and figure as the other Lex. I haven't opened him yet, will post more later.

Man, now I am going to have to look more...guess he will show up around here eventually.
Congrats on the find JT.

SirSteve
06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I posted hi-res pictures of The Joker from Kotobukiya on ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=251).

JediTricks
06-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Koto Joker looks pretty wild, the eyes are downright creepy. The pose puts me off though, and the face (including the eyes) is a little too grotesque for my tastes (though I've never been a huge fan of the Joker anyway).

Man, now I am going to have to look more...guess he will show up around here eventually.
Congrats on the find JT.Thanks, and good luck finding yours.

Here's my reviews on the 2 SR figs I picked up yesterday:

Superman Returns Solar Force Superman - this set had one of the few Superman accessories that actually looked good to me, plus this figure had the articulated ankles I wanted, so on a slow figure hunt I picked this one up. Unfortunately, Mattel made some poor choices with this figure and the end result is dubious. First mistake, Mattel painted Supes' upper body with an unusual red color that fades off, part of the solar force glow - it's weird looking on the figure by himself and only painted on the front so when he raises his arms there's none underneath, it's an interesting idea but leaves the figure with paint all over him when the accessory's not in use. There are other deco problems as well, the hands and neck are pretty sloppy, and the blue on the lower legs doesn't match the upper legs, a problem my Clark-to-Supes figure doesn't suffer.

Unlike Clark-to-Supes, Solar Force here sports a rubbery cape rather than a fabric one, rubbery capes are better for flying poses since they hold their shape. The figure's ball-jointed head doesn't have as much range of motion as Clark-to-Supes, and the standard shoulder articulation gives the figure a stiff, blocky feel to him when standing; the cupped hands and sculpted butt-plate keep the figure from being all he can be in the traditional flying pose as well, too bad since the ankles are meant for that, but he does look decent in a 1-handed flying pose. My biggest frustration with this set is the head they put on Supes, it's got some awful beyond-constipation look like he's gritting his teeth or imitating an old man or something, it looks utterly ridiculous and more importantly it doesn't look like Brandon Routh at all, the face - most notably the chin - is wider than Mattel's regular Routh Supes head, and they made his ears stick out just a little to add extra chimp-factor.

Finally, the solar force accessory is a firey cone of plasma as Superman flies full-speed into the atmosphere (there's a couple shots of something like this in the SR trailer), all cast in translucent yellow plastics. The accessory comes in 2 pieces, a smaller yellow piece that Supes holds right above his head, and a much larger plasma cone that uses paint to transition from yellow to red, this piece isn't as clear as the smaller piece but does look fairly exciting and hot. The smaller piece fits in Supes' hands but once everything is in place it slips out of his hands often, the design should have wrapped all the way around the hands to prevent this, the smaller piece is a spring-loaded projectile launcher and the larger plasma cone is the projectile, the trigger for this is VERY hard to activate, and located so it'll knock the holder out of Superman's hands every time. Everything connected up, the set looks good together like it's burning up right around Superman as he blasts through the atmosphere. It looks good from the sides, the bottom, even the back, but the top is notched out almost to the end so it doesn't look as good, and the trigger peg sticking up and the legs not being able to go as far back as they should do hamper the look a little.

Bottom line, it's a cute idea but the head sculpt really ruins it and the plasma glow paint on the upper body doesn't help either, and at this price it's not worth your time unless you want this 1 specific scene.

Superman Returns Kryptonite Armor Lex Luthor - There's 2 Lex Luthor figures in this line so far, and except for paint and accessories, they're actually the same figure. The other Lex, Missile Launching Lex, gets the rubber overcoat and cool movie-accurate accessories, but underneath his head and body are the same as Kryptonite Armor Lex here - I think they work better on that figure. This Krypto Armor figure is supposed to represent Lex in his regular clothes, with a regular shirt and tie, belt and pants, but since this sculpt is meant to do double-duty as Arctic Lex, it also has bigger pants, hiking boots, and big gloves - I can overlook the pants and boots, but the gloves unfortunately cannot be denied. The body sculpt is pretty soft, the pants and especially boots get some good detailing but the upper body is fairly simplistic. The pants, gloves, and boots are all black, while the shirt is light blue and the tie off-white, and even with a simple tie the work here is a touch sloppy. The head sculpt is recognizable as Kevin Spacey, but the sculpting is again a bit simple, couple that with the neck seems too tall, the head a touch too small, and the eyes and eyebrows painted a bit too big, giving it almost the appearance of Michael Rosenbaum's Lex from "Smallville" which is interesting from a certain point of view. This body and head worked way better with the big rubber coat from the Missile Launching figure because it hid the proportion issues and the long neck. Also, I really would have liked some angry eyes and eyebrows, this toyetic, blank-minded gaze just doesn't cut it with all the armor.

And speaking of which, the figure's accessories are the 7 translucent green pieces of plastic which make up Lex's Kryptonite Armor - apparently Lex Luthor outsources his kryptonite armor designs to China, as they made sure the right boot was showing it right in the front, couldn't put it on the sole huh? The big forearm blade and the spring-loaded trident missile are cast in milky, semi-opaque green plastic, while the other 5 pieces are cast in a harder and clearer creen plastic, and while the clearer green looks better as kryptonite, the milky green looks better as armor pieces, so naturally they reversed that idea. The boots have 3 pointy portrusions, they slip on over the front of the lower legs but not all the way back, so while he can stand in them fairly well, make sure he's posed so he won't tip backwards from lack of heel support. Then there's the long krypto-blade snapped onto his right forearm, it's milky plastic and more rounded than the other parts so it looks more like a melting icicle. The left forearm has a missile-launcher clipped onto it, the clip takes a little adjusting to fit it on snugly, and you can see the spring in the guts, or "maybe that's the energy harnassing coil that turns this kryptonite into a beam weapon!" - heh, sure, whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyway, the launcher fires a vaguely trident-shaped milky krypto-missile, and the trident projectile is the only thing here that Lex can hold in his hands, a krypto-trident or krypto-axe, why not. Finally, the 2-piece chest armor, which snaps closed at the shoulders so it fits around Lex's head, shoulders, chest and back, the armor's fit is pretty loose so it can accomodate Lex's arms being moved at all - but I don't like loose armor. The angular armor's sculpt is an intentional homage to Lex Luthor's battle suit of the '70s and '80s, complete with the center triangular "T" pattern - it's a cute idea, but the clear plastic and loose fit lessen its impact.

Bottom line, there might be some kid value, with Lex sporting armor that can weaken Superman down enough to make it an interesting fight, but the end result doesn't work all that well as armor or as regular Lex, making it more of an oddity than an action figure - get the missile launching Lex instead.

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Slightly off-topic, but how can you not be a fan of the Joker? He has no super strength, no superhuman abilities of any kind, is not a particular good fighter, and isn't really all that bright, and in spite of that, he's one of the deadliest villains in comic book history. And he's so absolutely perfect as a polar opposite to Batman. . . and yet very disconcertingly like him at the same time.

JediTricks
06-22-2006, 06:38 PM
The character is written all over the map, sometimes he's a crazed killer, sometimes he's just involved in all the joke stuff, sometimes he's a master criminal, sometimes he's just a buffoon. And he doesn't do much to threaten Batman usually, he's not in prime physical shape much of the time, sometimes he's not armed, his tricks can be downright embarassing, it always feels forced there. I can't think of enough times where I felt like the Joker lived up to his reputation as the ultimate Batman baddy, and that's a problem.

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Okay, I can see where you're coming from, but I'd fault the individual writers rather than the actual character. When handled properly, the Joker is magnificent, but when he's not, he falls flat.

I recommend checking out the A Death in the Family collection, along with the animated film Mask of the Phantasm, and--especially--The Killing Joke. That graphic novel is the most purely evil, perfectly-done Joker characterization ever. Even if you hate Batgirl, like I did, the SOB will turn your stomach in that one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2006, 11:44 PM
So, i got myself the Kryptonite armor Lex figure today. A WM i stopped at had two. and did you guys know about the TRU superman exclusive figure? It looks like the one pictured in the two-pack as he's in his Silver space suit thing. I scanned e-bay and found a pic. It rang up for about 7 bucks ala their "exclusive" Ducard figure. I know J&H will go get it. :crazed:

JediTricks
06-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Okay, I can see where you're coming from, but I'd fault the individual writers rather than the actual character. When handled properly, the Joker is magnificent, but when he's not, he falls flat.IMO, the's nearly always handled improperly. I think part of the problem is that over the years, they've let Batman's abilities get out of control the way they did with silver-age Superman, where Supes could lift planets with a pinky, Batman is the ultimate fighter/detective/vigilante of all time now so the Joker has to be ramped up to match that. Oftentimes the Joker is really good at hand-to-hand combat, kills unmercilessly, yet somehow gets paroled from Arkham only a few weeks later. Plus he's all over the map, sometimes he wants cash, sometimes he wants to kill his enemies, sometimes he wants to mutilate/kill everybody in Gotham, sometimes he's merely out to further anarchy, I just wish they'd find a niche to put the guy in and stick with it.

I recommend checking out the A Death in the Family collection, along with the animated film Mask of the Phantasm, and--especially--The Killing Joke. That graphic novel is the most purely evil, perfectly-done Joker characterization ever. Even if you hate Batgirl, like I did, the SOB will turn your stomach in that one.I haven't read Death in the Family (die Jason Todd, die!!!) and Killing Joke (paralyze Barbara Gordon, paralyze! :p) in a while, and somehow I missed out on Mask of the Phantasm. I guess my problem with the Joker is that in these modern tales, he's *such* an evil guy that once Batman defeats him, I can't believe he's going to be able to get out again, yet he always does. The guy supposedly is chalked up over 2,000 kills in his current mythos, yet somehow he's still able to get into Arkham and then get out - at that many kills, the federal gov't would have put him in a federal prison long since, and had Arkham shut down.

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
....sometimes he's merely out to further anarchy...

No, that would be his (likely) illegitimate son, Anarky. That's a fifth-stringer I'd like an action figure of.

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
did you guys know about the TRU superman exclusive figure? It looks like the one pictured in the two-pack as he's in his Silver space suit thing. I scanned e-bay and found a pic. It rang up for about 7 bucks ala their "exclusive" Ducard figure. I know J&H will go get it. :crazed:

Our good friend Rocketboy has helped me get ahold of that TRU exclusive figure.
Can't wait to get it.

JediTricks
06-30-2006, 11:14 PM
SuperheroTimes is reporting that the Jor-el 2pack will be a TRU exclusive this October, and they'll be releasing a white single "hologram" version of Jor-El in August: http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/001529.php

Also, at TRU today, I saw those silver Kal-El figures with a sign on 'em, if you buy $20 or more of Superman Returns figures, you get Kal-El free.

I saw 2 more Krypto-Armor Lex Luthors at Target tonight, I don't think these will be hard to find.

I also saw 1 Up Up & Away Supes and bought him since I'm a sucker for flying Superman figs - but he's kinda lame, he's not a real action figure at all, he's a gimmick 1-pose figure, can't even stand upright! The colors of the plastic and the sculpting don't match from piece to piece which is annoying. His head is the same regular Supes head, still on... ACK! His head just came off and flew across the room! Luckily I saw where it went and got it. Anyway, I was gonna say it's still on the double-ball joint like Clark-to-Supes but now that his head came off I can see it's actually on a different double-joint, the top is a ball and the bottom is essentially a hinge. The head joints let him look upright but not quite as far as he should (hence when I tried, his head came flying off). The ankles and knees are spring-loaded for the gimmick, the hips and shoulders are geared together and spring-loaded for the gimmick, so besides the head the hinged elbows are the only actual points of usable articulation. The shoulders are sculpted like they're ball or universal joints, but they're not - though they can ratchet into other positions somewhat. The hands are sculpted fists, kinda poor-looking and at the halfway rotation - he looks like he's miming driving a car, he really should have had wrist articulation to accomodate this. The gimmick is that you hold Supes down against the ground in a crouched-to-leap position and when you lift him up he springs into a flying pose complete with pointed feet. While his legs are nicely close together, they don't angle quite far enough back so it looks close, but just a little off (the knees stopping a tiny bit earlier would have gone a long way here), and it doesn't help that his shoulders should come in slightly too. The figure's got a rubbery cape, and in the middle of that is a hole which corresponds to a tube in Superman's back, the figure's lone accessory is a key-like accessory which plugs into this hole, but all this turns out to be is a tab so you can hold the figure down for his gimmick, it doesn't turn anything and it's very hard to get back out of his back, and you could just hold the figure by the waist instead of using it.

Also, TRU had the LEGO UCS Batmobile for $70, but I was not impressed.

JetsAndHeels
07-03-2006, 10:05 AM
I found a Krypto Armor Lex at Wal-Mart Saturday night. I like it alot.

Now I have to try and track down the Heat Vision Supes figure.

JediTricks
07-03-2006, 02:43 PM
The one with the missiles on the sides of his head, or the larger one with the electronic eyes?

JetsAndHeels
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
The one with the missiles on the sides of his head, or the larger one with the electronic eyes?

Missiles on the head. I already have the larger one.

JediTricks
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Dang, that's not good, there are none on Ebay and none have been there in the past month. Is it possible it wasn't released? The only photos I've found online have been Mattel's PR shot which is of the prototype.

JetsAndHeels
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
I sure hope it was released. If not I am going to be very dissappointed. I have every figure so far, why stop now?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-06-2006, 11:37 AM
KB toys has the figure available for pre-order.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4715337/ctid/17/INstock/N/D/?_ts=A001+A001+A001

I work at a wally world and always glance at toys and shipments. I'll keep my eyes peeled. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Weird timing, I searched KBtoys yesterday and it wasn't there, yet I can see it was added several items earlier than 7" Heat Vision Superman which is in stock now, I suppose they had it in offline mode until they got confirmation it was in an upcoming case. My guess is Heat Vision Supes will be part of wave 3 or just a latecomer to the current wave 2, Mattel did that with Batman Begins, it was very annoying.

JetsAndHeels
07-06-2006, 04:04 PM
KB toys has the figure available for pre-order.

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4715337/ctid/17/INstock/N/D/?_ts=A001+A001+A001

I work at a wally world and always glance at toys and shipments. I'll keep my eyes peeled. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. Glad to see it will be released after all.

And props to Rocketboy. He sent me the TRU exclusive KalEl in the grey suit. It rocks.

figrin bran
07-09-2006, 02:21 AM
for those of you that collect JL animated figures, is Vigilante in the Rocket Red wave or is he yet to be released? not that i've found RR already but i just want to know if i should be looking for him.

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Obviously I am not the only person who likes the SR toy line. I got this info from the superman homepage:

While "Superman Returns" edges closer to the $200 million mark in U.S. box office takings, currently sitting at $164.3 million and a total of $241,316,103 worldwide, Mattel has announced a second-quarter profit driven partly by sales of its "Superman Returns" toy line.

JediTricks
07-18-2006, 03:30 AM
"Sales" in that reference means unit sales to retailers, not retailer sales to regular customers. Retailers ordered a lot of SR toys before any buzz whatsoever, so even if a single toy didn't sell Mattel's statement would still be true.

BTW, Target has their own Superman Returns Mattel figure exclusive now, it's a silver Superman, but completely silver head to toe, and the card insert doesn't have a title, the section is blank. He's sporting a plastic cape I believe (I didn't buy him, only scoped him at Pasadena Target for a moment).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
my local WM discounted the DC Superheroes down to $5.00 each. Check your stores! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Hooray! And Me didn't just not pay full price for bIZZARO the other day.
Ah well, It was totally not worth every penny.

El Chuxter
08-02-2006, 11:19 PM
bIZARRO AM BE THE WORSTEST DOLL EVER. hE AM BE SUCK REAL BAD.

LTBasker
08-03-2006, 06:01 AM
He's not so bad, a little worse than I thought he'd be and mostly sucks because of all the loose joints mine has. They're way too lose to even come close to holding the truck axel off the ground, but since my Supergirl was having trouble standing as well I have him holding her by her left wrist and they support each other despite being in a fight pose. :p

I think I may use the clear rubber band on my Bane that's holding Osito to his hand and put it around his waist and then give him the truck axel.

Mattel needs to either do Marvel Legends style articulated hands or alternate sets of hands, which I would prefer. The articulated hands sometimes wear out and can't hold the accessories right. It would be nice if they would include a set of fists, set of generic open hands and then some alternate hands depending on the character. Superman and Supergirl could have the "karate chop" hands they do when they take off and Batman could have hands for holding batarangs.

Ji'dai
08-03-2006, 06:40 PM
I saw the "Return of Supergirl" figures from DC Direct at Spencers Gifts today. This line has Superman, Batman and at least two versions of Supergirl: a "corrupted" (evil?) one and a normal version.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
That's good that they didn't cancel the line yet.

I saw something at Target yesterday, a 2pack of DCSH Superman & Bizarro but no comic and no axle accessory for big B.

LTBasker
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Theres also a Superman/Clark Kent 2-pack and Batman/Batgirl 2-pack coming out sometime. Usually I think it would suck but they're $15 so it's good if you don't care about the axel accessory, which is rather disappointing really.

And Bane's hands are open too much to hold it. Bummer.

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 03:52 PM
I saw the "new" Robin, Batman, and Mr Freeze at WM this morning. I passed, but may reconsider Batman (he's a repaint in black and grey, with the more realistic pouches on his belt). No sign of Mr Valley, who is sure to be the only figure most of us will want. :( Can you say "kill the line with recards"?

El Chuxter
08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
And I found Mr Valley last night. He appears to be one per case, which is rather dumb, seeing as the others are rehashes. Also, the comics are no longer packed in (boo!), and the name of the line has changed to "S3" for some inexplicable reason.

Azrael is definitely worth the search, though.

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Spotted Heat Vision Superman Returns Superman yesterday at Target, but it was grabbed up pretty quick.

Also at Target yesterday...

Mattel DC Superheroes S3 Batman - A new sculpt from what I can tell, and one that's not entirely welcome, they decided to go with a "realistic" idea of Bats and it comes off looking a little too old and constipated, and the larger utility belt is so inflexible it interferes with his leg movement. The "realism" extends to his costume, it mostly works in that regard though but makes the boots seem a little too plain. His cape is sculpted narrower as it's slightly bunched together, I like this look sometimes but others it doesn't quite do it for me. Bats' build is pretty big, but only his thunder-thighs are really over the top. The figure has ok base paint, standard gray and blue Bats, then they gave him a crazy black paint wash everywhere that's not even from section to section, I don't hate it and he'd look really plain without it, but it should have been better. Articulation is good for the most part, they're really starting to get to a level that I can love, it's everything the DSCH Superman fig from the last wave had plus a mid-thigh cut-joint; however the neck articulation is a little limited because the lower joint is part of the rubbery neck, the upper ball joint does ok but between the lower joint and the sculpting he looks like he's bending his head to the left all the time. The new hinged torso works pretty well for bats (similar to DCSH Supes), can't do side-tilting but it has way more range in what it can do. The figure comes with a bunch of batarangs, all different and various styles, that's the good news; the bad news is his hands are permanent fists and while the left one is cut and posed to accomodate the batarangs, it's only theoretical for most of them as it's not deep or wide enough. All in all, this figure is ok but should be better, not quite able to happily recommend. Grade: B-

kool-aid killer
08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Does anybody know if there are any plans to release a DC Superheroes Wonder Woman any time soon? I like how these figures look, but ive yet to buy any of them. I really havent been able to because ive skipped on Marvel Legends for years now, and i like them characters more than DC ones. Im most tempted on buying Batman, but only to pit him up against a McFarlane Predator ive got to recreate one of their battles.

JediTricks
08-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I haven't heard anything about Mattel doing a Wonder Woman figure, I'm betting DC held that license out because they're hoping to get another project started. This is why there's only Superman and Batman figures in the DCSH line so far unfortunately, and why DC's mass-market toyline can never compete with Marvel Legends.

Ji'dai
08-14-2006, 04:41 PM
DC Direct did 6" Wonder Woman in their "First Appearance" and "Elseworlds" lines. The First Appearance one had the classic outfit. The Elseworlds WW had Soviet Union colors/insignia.

kool-aid killer
08-15-2006, 10:43 AM
JediTricks, thanks for explaining why there isnt a Wonder Woman in the DCSH line. Thats too bad though, those figures look very cool.

Ji'dai, I might have to go looking for one of those DC Direct Wonder Woman figures you mentioned. I want to get a head start on my Christmas shopping.

JediTricks
08-15-2006, 02:25 PM
DC Direct did 6" Wonder Woman in their "First Appearance" and "Elseworlds" lines. The First Appearance one had the classic outfit. The Elseworlds WW had Soviet Union colors/insignia.True, but that's not Mattel's DC Superheroes line. DCD also did a regular Wonder Woman figure in the first Justice League line, one of their earliest figures (there was a redux of it with a shield and axe as well); a musclebound one in Justice Leauge wave 3; Kingdome Come armored WW and wave 3 had regular WW; JLA New Frontier had the anime-style sword-bearing one; there was a WW with Cheetah figure in DCD's Superfriends line; the Silver Age 2pack of WW and Wonder Girl, and they're rereleasing that Silver Age one this November under the "DC Direct Re Activated" line.

Mattel however is not covering WW at this time.

kool-aid killer
08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Ok, so i bought the first Batman figure from the DC Superheroes line and while i like the overall look of the figure, i cant stand the way his head is. If only he could have gotten a ball jointed neck he would be so much better. As it is, it seems like hes best suited for being posed as if he were staring down at something. Anybody know if the other Batman is any better?

plasticfetish
08-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Anybody know if the other Batman is any better?Take a look...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=952

kool-aid killer
08-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the pics. I see some good and some bad. I like the better articulation of his legs on that one, the grittier look, and how is cape doesnt seem to hinder his arm movement so much. His upper body seems to be a little too big though. Overall though, i think i like that one more than the one ive got.

plasticfetish
08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
I held off on getting the first version when I saw that this second one was coming. I like this one, but now I'm really thinking about picking up the first version also. They both seem to have their merits.

About the big chest...yeah, he does... but I think he needs to be somewhat exaggerated because of that big belt.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
I found an extra Azrael and Mr. Freeze the other night at Target for my buddy. I ordered a complete set from Cornerstore, but i know how rare Azrael is. Which is why i nearly crapped my pants when I saw him just relaxin' on the pegs. Figure looks pretty good though.

figrin bran
08-22-2006, 02:56 PM
i picked up the Justice League animated Zatanna and Kyle Rayner 3 packs from WM today

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
My comic shop had the Corgi 1/24th 2000 Batmobile, $25, only DOUBLE what it sells for at TRU and WM - yeesh. It's better than I expected, I will definitely be picking it up when I find it for $18-$12.

Thanks for the pics. I see some good and some bad. I like the better articulation of his legs on that one, the grittier look, and how is cape doesnt seem to hinder his arm movement so much. His upper body seems to be a little too big though. Overall though, i think i like that one more than the one ive got.If you like his grittier look, DEFINITELY get him (luckily he's been not too difficult to find around here lately, no idea why), the waist in that photo is part of what makes him look so big in the upper torso (he *is* actually, but in person it's a lot easier to overlook than in photos) and the waist looks less small when posed differently. Plus, he's got the ball-jointed head and doesn't constantly look downwards.

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I did see DC Direct's JLA The New Frontier Series 1 with Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Black Hawk, & Green Arrow at Suncoast today. I wasn't all that impressed with the artwork-inspired likenesses on these, especially Superman and Wonder Woman.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-27-2006, 10:27 AM
FYI: the new and improved TRU website has the Hologram Jor-El figure in stock. They also have the Two pack of Kal-El and Jor-el up for pre-order. I ordered both. I guess we now found out if this amazon split will help anything.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2300659&cp Brando

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2335961&cp two Pack

Cheers! :D

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
JMG, the amazon/TRU split doesn't seem to have helped out all as many of the same problems that plagued amazon like cancelled preorders or heavily delayed preorders are part of the tru.com package as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
FB- I guess we'll wait and see. I got confirmation that Jor-El arrived safely at my house. I use their online stuff as a backup anyway. I just don't know with Grad School/Teaching/Holiday Hell I'll be able to get to a TRU to get a 2-pack. Hopefully, all goes well. :)

Ji'dai
09-05-2006, 05:46 PM
The USPS has DC Superhero first class stamps out now. Philatelists, decal lovers, or antiquarians who still remember or *gasp* use snail mail might be interested in adorning their letters with these nifty stamps that feature Superman, Batman, Hawkman and a host of others on comic covers and in action poses.

LTBasker
09-06-2006, 08:12 AM
I got a sheet of'em yesterday, they're pretty cool but I'm surprised they included someone like Plastic Man. At the bottom it says chapter one, sounds like they're going to make more?

The sheet costs about $8 if I recall right.

Jayspawn
09-06-2006, 10:50 AM
I would really go for a universal Superman Movie line. I was thinking of 7" figures....

- Christopher Reeves as Superman
- Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent
- Brandon Routh as Superman
- Brandon Routh as Clark Kent
- Margott Kidder as Lois Lane
- Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane (Chase)
- Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
- Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
- Ned Beatty as Otis (chase)
- Valerie Perrine as Ms. Teschmaucher
- Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski (chase)
- Marlon Brando as Jor-El

Se, I'd be all over a line like this. Superman needs GOOD movie figures that LOOK like the actors that playd them. Just an idea.

Rocketboy
09-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I would really go for a universal Superman Movie line. I was thinking of 7" figures....

- Christopher Reeves as Superman
- Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent
- Brandon Routh as Superman
- Brandon Routh as Clark Kent
- Margott Kidder as Lois Lane
- Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane (Chase)
- Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
- Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor w/ extra wigs
- Ned Beatty as Otis (chase)
- Valerie Perrine as Ms. Teschmaucher
- Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski (chase)
- Marlon Brando as Jor-El

Se, I'd be all over a line like this. Superman needs GOOD movie figures that LOOK like the actors that playd them. Just an idea.Wha? No Zod?

El Chuxter
09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Jayspawn was obviously too busy kneeling to even notice who he was kneeling before, Rocketboy.

LTBasker
09-07-2006, 05:23 AM
Something gives me the feeling that Greneral Zod and his groupies would sell better than Ms. Teschmaucher, Otis and Kitty Kowalski. :p

Jayspawn
09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
And General Zod!

"YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME JOR-EL!!!"

Might as well include Non and Ursa as well!

JediTricks
09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Spotted the House of El 2pack at TRU yesterday, box has a beveled window at the front, wasn't expecting that. It looks ok, but I don't have $20 interest in it at this point, they had a stack of 'em, I may change my mind but not so far.

LTBasker
09-23-2006, 03:00 PM
If you collect the Corgis, keep an eye out for the case assortment that has the Redbird and TwoFace car as it also has some paint variations. In the leftovers of what was stocked from that case I found a 1940's Batmobile in blue and the Hush Batmobile (the one with really really huge wings) in black. I haven't spotted these on ebay but there are a few auctions for the 1960's Batmobile in blue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Corgi-DC-Comics-1960s-Batmobile-1-43-Blue-variation_W0QQitemZ290030860393QQihZ019QQcategoryZ 47186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I didn't see this one but I know there were some 1960's batmobiles there, I may have missed the blue paint since I wasn't paying attention to them.

JediTricks
09-24-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I saw all of the leftovers you mentioned at WM last time I was there. :( I am really not happy with the distribution of this line.

LTBasker
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
I am really not happy with the distribution of this line.

Me neither, it's too random and the assortments that do make it out here seem 80% old, 20% new. There were a ton of new ones recently released and I doubt I'll ever see them in person.

By the way, if you want the camo 1:18 Tumbler, the Hotwheels site has it available for $20.

http://www.hotwheelsshop.com/store/hwshelf.php?p_department_id=68192

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
DC Superheroes wave 3 are now popping up. I haven't seen them yet as the stores in my area suck hardcore, but i have them on pre-order, so it's all good.

Also, picked up the House of El 2-pack a few weeks ago. I kinda liked it.

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Aren't we at wave 4 now? 1st wave is Batman, Bane, Scarecrow, & Killer Croc; 2nd wave is Superman, Supergirl, Bizarro, & Doomsday; 3rd wave is Batman S3, Robin (repaint), Mister Freeze, & Azrael.

I saw DCSH Wave 4 Superman at Target yesterday, those cheap fools took the 7" Batman line's Batman/Superman 2pack figure and gave it a horrific new paint job to go with its crappy old sculpt. All the other figures in the wave - evil Supergirl, Metallo, and Lex Luthor - were MIA.

LTBasker
09-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Actually wave 4 is:

Darkseid
Brainiac (I always thought it was Metallo too but it seems this is how Brainiac is in the comics)
Lex Luthor
Superman (2-pack repaint)

Supergirl and Superman (wave 2 repaint) with black symbols aren't shipping yet but will be cycled into shipments through the end of this year. Also, wave 4 is the last wave for this year except for a 12" Batman and a 12" Superman that are supposed to come out next month.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1787&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=285
Scroll down to the post by Boy Wonder, it seems he's doing a DCSH public relations thing like Jesse Falcon does with Fwoosh.

So we've got the rest of the year to look for wave 4, that's a relief since 3 and 4 came out so close together.

JediTricks
09-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I dunno, I was posting from memory, the cardback showed dark Supergirl as part of the wave, and I didn't read the name next to the metal guy who is WAY more like Metallo than Brainiac. Darkseid was on the cardback too, I had forgotten him.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-05-2006, 11:22 AM
spotted DC Superheroes wave 4 today, minus Darkseid. Brainiac and Lex both look pretty damn cool. Superman...............meh. wasn't impressed.

plasticfetish
10-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll be going out to hunt around for these, right... now...

JetsAndHeels
10-06-2006, 03:01 PM
I gotta have that Darkseid figure.

plasticfetish
10-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Superman...............meh.Very much so. I don't know why they bothered.

Saw Brainiac yesterday. He looks nice, but I held off (for some weird reason.) Still looking for Darkseid and Lex.

JediTricks
10-08-2006, 05:40 PM
They bothered I think because they were afraid a DCSH wave without the theme's main hero character wouldn't appeal to the kiddies. Personally, I think they made a mistake releasing that piece of crap.

plasticfetish
10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
Sure, that makes sense... but I'd rather they just put out a few more of that last version. Maybe tried to get the paint right. I've still yet to find a good one where the paint wasn't a mess. :ermm:

JediTricks
10-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I totally agree, I have been looking to buy another Supes with better paint but they all have issues.

plasticfetish
10-09-2006, 05:11 PM
...which is too bad, because it's a great figure. I've never seen paint problems on any of the other figures from this line. It's odd.

-----

So, I looked around and I can't find any of these new figures now. Either they haven't really started hitting here yet, or they're being snatched up very quickly.

JediTricks
10-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I hit a bunch of stores Saturday and it looked like they had just started pushing the 2nd and 3rd waves finally, so it may be a while till wave 4 shows up en masse.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2006, 07:28 PM
went to target tonight as i was at the library/in the office during research for 7 hours and needed to reward myself. Lo'n behold, they had: Darkseid AND lex! I talked to an employee who was kind enough to get brainiac from a case in the back. IMagine that: a Target employee who helped me!! :thumbsup:

If anybody wants a Darkseid, let me know as I found an extra! First one to PM me gets it. Thanks! :crazed:

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 02:33 PM
How are they?

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I've seen the new smiley Superman many times, so I know they're hitting around here. I just haven't seen the baddies yet. I'm hoping there aren't too many Robins and Bizarros clogging the shelves.

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I forgot to mention, my TRU got in the single-carded exclusive hologram Jor-El figure from the SR line, it looks AWFUL though, it's white with a silver coat and it looks like they splattered white paint on both.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
How are they?

I'm not a Superman expert, but i'm really digging this wave. Brainiac looks pretty good, but Darkseid and Lex are pretty bada--. Darkseid comes with some remote/device in his hand and Lex in this pretty sweet suit that is pretty much from the DC direct figure. He also comes with some sort of blaster with some kryptonite. Both figures are pretty massive/heavy, and just a shade taller than Supes from an in box comparison. Not too much bigger, but a cm or two. I'm pleased. :thumbsup:

LTBasker
10-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Out of the package Darkseid towers over Superman. :D

http://www.fwooshnet.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=577

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 10:33 PM
These new Superman figures will be mine.

Rocketboy
10-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Usually, I think DC villains are pretty lame, but that Darkseid is pretty damn cool!

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Usually, I think DC villains are pretty lame, but that Darkseid is pretty damn cool!

Darkseid is a bada$$, plain and simple. :)

Rocketboy
10-19-2006, 11:00 PM
But he looks like a lame version of Thanos (who is already pretty lame).

JetsAndHeels
10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
But he looks like a lame version of Thanos (who is already pretty lame).

Darkseid will not tolerate this mockery!!
You are sentenced to an eternity of despair on Apokolips!! :p

El Chuxter
10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I believe Darkseid predated Thanos by a decade?

Rocketboy
10-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Who cares? The both suck. :D

JediTricks
10-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Darkseid predates Thanos by 3 years.

Generally, I don't care for Darkseid, he's kinda bland and his villainy and powers are way over the top for a guy who is drawn so "meh", but that figure does look pretty dope, and he's not shrimpy a la Doomsday.

I spotted Brainiac last night, something about it just completely turned me off though so I ended up leaving it among a sea of those "new" Superman figures - Mattel is insane for offering that garbage up.

plasticfetish
10-20-2006, 08:39 PM
I spotted Brainiac last night, something about it just completely turned me off though so I ended up leaving it among a sea of those "new" Superman figures - Mattel is insane for offering that garbage up.Too true. Those Superman's are gonna peg warm for a long time. I picked up Braniac the other day, and I opened him up just now. I'll put up some photos (at AF.com) and maybe do a review at some point.

So far I'd have to say that I like him. It's a fun toy... has some nice articulation, and is made really well.

JetsAndHeels
10-20-2006, 11:33 PM
That Darkseid and Braniac are going to be mine today. I'm going out on a hunt later and I will find them. End of story.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2006, 12:11 AM
That Darkseid and Braniac are going to be mine today. I'm going out on a hunt later and I will find them. End of story.

If you can't find DS dude, I have an extra. and from the looks of all the Darkseid haters, you might be the only one who has a need for it. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2006, 12:13 AM
If you can't find DS dude, I have an extra. and from the looks of all the Darkseid haters, you might be the only one who has a need for it. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I will probably take you up on it if I do not find one. I appreciate it alot.

figrin bran
10-21-2006, 12:48 AM
I can help you look for a Darkseid as well, J&H.

i know it's not figure related but as a reminder to everyone, Season 1+2 of Justice League Unlimited (or season 3+4 if you don't consider JL and JLU to be separate series) is available this coming tuesday

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2006, 11:14 AM
I can help you look for a Darkseid as well, J&H.

Thank you kind sir!!
If you see one, we might could work out a cash + cards deal or something. Whatever you like, you know I still have that Olson auto and other stuff we talked about.

figrin bran
10-21-2006, 05:03 PM
i'm a sucker for the JLU animated figures and so i picked up the Target exclusive Doomsday 6 pack today.

JediTricks
10-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I've been eyeing that one the last few visits, how is it in person out of the box?

figrin bran
10-21-2006, 09:53 PM
JT, the Doomsday figure is probably the best villain figure they've ever made in the animated line. He has 10 points of articulation - head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, knees. I don't have a reference pic from the cartoon but the sculpt looks really good. However, out of all the sets I saw at La Brea Target, most of them didn't have very good paint apps. The head is rubbery as are the spikes on the shoulders and knees.

Clear Amazo is okay. The only gripe i have about it is that you can see the 4 pegs on the torso where they glued the figure together. Then again, Mattel did a better job on this figure than Hasbro does with their holo figures.

Bizarro is okay. The sculpt is pretty good and i don't know if you're a stickler for such things but whereas most of Supes' costume is molded (the S logo, belt), they're all just painted on Bizarro.

the other figures - Bruce, Diana, Clark have all been available for years and so i won't comment on those. but like i said, the gem of this set is Doomsday.

JediTricks
10-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the 411, I'll definitely take another look at the set when I see it.

There's a The Batman set at TRU, exclusive, it's called Arkahm Asylum and has 5 villains in 1 box: Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Ventriloquist w/ Scarface, the Riddler, Clayface, and a repaint of an armor Batman. It's $40 though which is steep since only 3 of those figures are really special - Ivy and V&S are new, Freeze is hard to fnd. The set is also split into 2 3packs exclusive to Target for $20 each - nice, huh? Supposedly, there's a variant on the Arkham set where Ventriloquist comes with Mr Snoots instead of Scarface - that's some nerve of Mattel!

figrin bran
10-22-2006, 08:59 PM
at least we know that hasbro isn't the only one that's fond of boxed sets of repacks! ;)

and how great is it that Mattel didn't make both The Batman and the JLU figures at the same scale!

JediTricks
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Mattel hates customers

plasticfetish
10-30-2006, 02:45 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the "Superman Returns" Hologram Jor-El (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2041) is turning up at TRU. I'm not ordinarily up for spending $10 on something like this... but what the h***, it's a clear plastic version of Brando.

Also, I spotted the 12" versions of DC SuperHeroes Batman and Superman at TRU. I like the sculpt of both figures, and Batman is tempting, but I'm not really happy with the $30 price. (I'm gonna bet we'll see those on clearance at some point.)

LTBasker
10-30-2006, 03:58 AM
I saw the hologram Jor-El yesterday, I figured it had been out for awhile but guess not. Also saw the Jor-El/Kal-El 2-pack, I think they even still had the single carded Superman exclusive still. Guess that stuff's not selling too well, so hopefully they'll have them when I get a chance to pick'em up. Didn't see the DCSH 12" though, the only DCSH they had was a full stocking of series 2 including 3 Doomsdays. I'm rather sick of seeing series 2...

JediTricks
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I badmouthed Holo Jor-El a few days ago, it looks white to me, not clear.

1-up scaled DCSH Bats & Supes? That sounds pretty cool, I gotta see them.

I'm starting to see a lot of wave 4's Brainiac figure, not as many as that wave's awful Superman, but still, it's the only other one pegwarming at this point.

JediTricks
11-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Found this at TRU last night, new wave of figures I guess, The Batman's EXP packaging has changed to a regular blister card which is good, but EXP is still dopey.

Mattel The Batman Ice Blast Mr Freeze - I wanted the first Mr Freeze figure but never found him except in crappy multipacks, but this second edition makes up for it by being a pretty decent retool. Now instead of ice covering his head it's melted away partly exposing his head, looks like a fur-lined collar but in reverse. His other accessory is a soft rubbery ice blast that slips over his hand like a glove, it's pretty nifty. The clear upper arms is weird, should have had something inside, and his articulation could be better (he has neck, shoulders, waist, and hips, but no elbows or knees), but I like him overall.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I was at wal-mart today and i found the variant Superman with the black/red S on his chest. I don't usually do variants, but i figured, 8 bucks, what the hell. Looks kinda nifty anyway in contrast to the regular ones. No Supergirl variants though, not that I would've bought her anyway. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 01:17 AM
I saw some new JLU animated offerings today at Target - single carded Elongated Man, Supes/WW/Demon Etrigan 3 pack, Huntress/Batman/Atom 3 pack.

Ji'dai
12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I saw the Mattel 10 or 12" DC Superheroes at TRU today; though just Supes & Batman made an appearance. The box back had pics of Mr. Freeze and a pair of other characters I don't recall the names of. Kind of bland for adult collectors, but they might appeal to youngsters.

I spotted Monogram International's DC Superhero paperweights at Suncoast. They come packaged in clamshells and range in two shapes & sizes: busts and smaller figurines.

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Finally found this one at Target, the ONLY figure from the wave that wasn't that crappy Superman repaint...

DC Superheroes Lex Luthor - this is a good likeness of classic Lex, a little older and broader than what we've been seeing lately from other media. The outfit is essentially his 1980s armor, he's a little bulkier and it's not so cheesy looking as its debut, the design looks good all around though it does limit movement, less articulation than it could, is a bit preposed in the arms, and posing some and the feet are a dead cheat by having no ankle above them if you look carefully. Lex comes with a small sci-fi blaster, it looks like nothing special and doesn't fit for crap in his right hand, but fits ok in his left; Lex also comes with a small chunk of kryptonite, it actually is sculpted to fit in the top of the blaster which makes both pieces look better than they do separately. Pack-in comic is a Supergirl title, WTF indeed! Pretty decent figure with some notable flaws but nothing too dooming. Grade: B

DarkArtist
12-12-2006, 09:24 PM
the only Superman stuff I have are the movies and the Takara Comic Book Style Superman and Takara Supergirl figures. hoping to get the Takara Superman Returns figure for Christmas.

figrin bran
12-13-2006, 12:40 AM
i picked up JLU animated Vigilante and Orion the other day.

Ji'dai
12-15-2006, 08:25 PM
The local Suncoast had DC Direct's Dark Victory line-up on the pegs today, $14.99 each. This series includes Batman, a Penguin & Robin 2 pack, Scarecrow, and Commisoner Gordon. Penguin looked pretty good as did Scarecrow, which they seem to reimagine with each incarnation in figure form. Gordo looked like the classic hard-boiled detective with the push-broom 'stache and haircut you'd could set your watch by.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I feel like such a hack. :( my buddy called from Cali today and told me he found repacks of the Superman Returns figures in a new packaging style now called: Man of Steel. Repacks, repaints, crap, etc, BUT, the line does have a Metallo and a Mongrel (mongrul?) THE HELL. I had NO IDEA about this. Maybe i skimmed over it?!?!? :sad:

Anyway, i did some searching and i can't find Mongrel, but kbtoys DOES have Metallo in stock: http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4751708/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

I got mine. He didn't find a Mongrul and i'm not finding any pictures of him, so I don't know if maybe he's due out in future waves? Either way, heads up! :lipsrsealed:

LTBasker
12-16-2006, 07:49 PM
They were actually shown at comic con but not given much attention at all, mainly because they were pretty cheesy. KBToys also has the new Luthor that came out with them that takes kryptoarmor to a new level- it looks like it's growing on him.

Here's an auction where you can see the packaging:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-SUPERMAN-RETURNS-METALLO-ACTION-FIGURE-RARE_W0QQitemZ130060165251QQihZ003QQcategoryZ2482Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the links guys. I did not know these were due out either......this is pretty exciting, seeing some new figs like this!! :)

El Chuxter
12-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Mean you Mongul, mayhap?

JetsAndHeels
12-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Mean you Mongul, mayhap?

I think so.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the links. These look really bad, I can't find it in myself to bother with either villain which is a shame because I did want a real villain to go with my Clark to Supes fig.

JetsAndHeels
12-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the links. These look really bad, I can't find it in myself to bother with either villain which is a shame because I did want a real villain to go with my Clark to Supes fig.

Which in turn means I love them!!

JediTricks
12-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Which in turn means I love them!!
I don't have any money, does that mean you should send me some? :greedy:

JetsAndHeels
12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't have any money, does that mean you should send me some? :greedy:

No, that means we finally have something in common.

figrin bran
12-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Has anyone found JLU single carded Huntress or Shade yet?

BountyHunterScum
12-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Bought the 30" Superman at walmart yesterday. Got lucky too since it was half price, weren't they normally $30?

El Chuxter
12-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I've seen the two-packs with Clark and Batgirl, but I'm having a really tough time justifying essentially paying $15 for one new figure.

I've seen the variant black-costume Supergirl and Superman, too. WTF is up with those?

BountyHunterScum
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I've seen the two-packs with Clark and Batgirl, but I'm having a really tough time justifying essentially paying $15 for one new figure.

I've seen the variant black-costume Supergirl and Superman, too. WTF is up with those?

I also have the Batman Begins 30" figure from Walmart back in the summer I think.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
I've seen the two-packs with Clark and Batgirl, but I'm having a really tough time justifying essentially paying $15 for one new figure.I wanted another Superman figure, so it's tempting to me - moreso than the Supes/Bizarro one (I just don't care for Bizarro that much) - but the Clark figure is SO scrawny that it's put me off. I hadn't heard about the Batgirl 2pack though.

I've seen the variant black-costume Supergirl and Superman, too. WTF is up with those?They're EVIL. :p

El Chuxter
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
No, if they were evil, they would have goatees.

JediTricks
12-20-2006, 05:45 PM
No, if they were evil, they would have goatees.
No, that's if they're from the evil mirror universe.

LTBasker
01-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Found a pile of Corgi Batmobiles in a clearance aisle today for $5 each, ended up getting:

1x 1990's Batmobile (with large canopy and single seat cockpit)
1x 1930's Batmobile
2x 1980's Batmobile (with little Batman in the seat)

What was truly shocking though is they must have had at least 10-15 Two-Face cars, there was an amazing pile of'em. Too bad I had already found them for regular price months ago. >_< Amazingly alot of the stuff was in case-fresh condition, I even found 2 1930's Batmobiles. I only wanted one for a MIB set but the first one I found was a horrible crushed box, after some digging though I found the only other one which is mostly case fresh except for a slightly crushed lower back corner.

The 2 1980's Batmobiles were also the only ones they had of those which was pretty shocking since I haven't seen those since earlier last year. Unfortunately no Catmobiles, Batsubs or newer.

Also saw a Johnny Lightning "Classic Gold" Lincoln Futura 1:64 prototype car in black for $4 but decided not to get it, it just wasn't that good looking for that price.

figrin bran
01-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I saw 2 of the Man of Steel Metallos today but didn't purchase...i was actually hoping one of you might've and could let me know if it's worth getting.

JetsAndHeels
01-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I saw Metallo also but passed...I'd much rather have the Mongul figure.

JediTricks
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I hate hearing those Corgi Batmobiles on clearance. I read a rumor that the license ended on Dec 31st and the last pieces out now are it, and they're hard as hell to find, I'm missing half a dozen or so, so I hope that's not true that they're done for.

LTBasker
01-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Hadn't heard about that, but taking a look at Corgi's site and they have some "previews" for 2007 stuff.

http://www.corgi-usa.com/code/series_page.php?cat_id=5&series_id=118&cat_search_id=115&section=1

Though it looks to be no new vehicles, just rereleases packed with figures, it shows they still have a Batman license at least. The price is staggering though, I wonder if the packs will actually be that much or if it's a case of them just overcharging like how the regular 1:43s are $12.99 from them now.

I was doing some google searching earlier today for Corgi Batman stuff and found these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/jfirehammer/summer%202006/corgi1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/jfirehammer/summer%202006/corgi4.jpg

Found here-
http://www.thisispopculture.com/2006_06_12_blogthisispop_archive.html posted all the way back in July, interesting to note that three Batmobiles weren't produced (I remember Corgi having the promo pic of the six wheeled batmobile on their site at least though) and two 1:24 repaints that were supposed to have figure pack-ins.

I really hope they do release some more as theres so many great batmobiles they could release, plus I'd really like to see vehicles for the Riddler, Freeze and Scarecrow.

JediTricks
01-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Hmm, interesting, I hope this means these things will still be findable. On the art drawings of those 1:43rds in those 2 pages, I read somewhere Corgi officially cancelled that wave, no idea why. I've seen the new 1:24th 2000 Batmobile at my local comic shop, they wanted $27 for a set that sells often for $12, I scoffed but still haven't seen another in person since.