PDA

View Full Version : I have found heaven...

Slicker
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
...and it comes in a little black bowl with a KFC lid.

I'm talkin' about them yummy KFC bowls. Those things are my new addiction (sorry Cae. I've gone back to fast food :cry:). I don't like veggies so I simply order it with no corn and all 4 times I've gotten one they've said that since I don't get corn I can get more potatoes in the bowl!! Jackpot!!

It's the perfect blend of man food. You've got potatoes. You've got chicken. You've got cheese. You've got gravy. That's the 4 basic man food groups.

Run out and get one, now!!!!!!

2-1B
05-29-2006, 03:22 PM
(sorry Cae. I've gone back to fast food :cry:).

Nooooooooooooooo! :cry:

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Three Dog Night said that Heaven is in your mind, so perhaps these KFC bowls only exist in your mind?

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I like the commercials for those bowls. Topping it all off with gravy is...well, that's gravy.

We take eighteen ounces of sizzling ground beef, and soak it in rich, creamery butter, then we top it off with bacon, ham, and a fried egg. We call it the Good Morning Burger.

jjreason
05-29-2006, 04:49 PM
My God, that's a lot of beef.

Jargo
05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
god if i ate just one of those I'd be a barrage balloon in shirt size. and that's quite revolting to have cow pig AND chicken on the same burger. that's more like slasher movie than fun fast food.

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 07:09 PM
We took our finest chocolate bar, smothered it in rich creamery butter. . . .

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Good thing the Good Morning Burger (as far as I know) is only a Simpsons joke.

Now Slicker's KFC bowls (which always remind me of the Good Morning Burger commercial), those are real.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 07:29 PM
The KFC bowls looked ridiculous in the commercial, but my sister talked me into splitting one with her this weekend and it was way better than I expected. It was also not as small as I feared it'd be. The corn is integral to the whole shebang though, plus it'll help move it along your intestines when the mashed potatoes, fried chicken, gravy, and cheese decide to invite ol' colon cancer along for the party. ;) My sister asked them for a side of bbq sauce, so naturally they put it on top instead, but that worked out too. We were considering asking them to substitute the popcorn chicken they use in the bowl with their bbq chicken shreds, maybe next time.

And finally KFC has some freakin' car food! Took them long enough!!! You ever see the take-out packaging for a 2-piece meal with 2 sides? This HUGE styrofoam hexagon sectioned plate with a massive corresponding top, totally car-unfriendly, even the old box with little styro cups was more manageable!

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Good thing the Good Morning Burger (as far as I know) is only a Simpsons joke.

Carl's Jr actually has the "Breakfast Burger," which isn't too far off. A quarter pound of hamburger, ketchup, mayo, a fried egg, and hash browns. It's to die for, but I can actually hear my arteries clog when I even think about one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Those KFC bowls look a little too involved. I mean hey, fatty, is it that hard to eat the food separately? Plus, I just can't imagine that those different tastes would mix well together.

But if it's good then I may have to rethink it some day. I'm still mad at KFC for changing their Triplecrunch sandwiches to the Doublecrunch. :mad:

UKWildcat
05-29-2006, 11:31 PM
I haven't seen this KFC bowl advertised yet but I just checked it out on KFC's website. It looks interesting. How much does this thing cost Slick?

Banthaholic
05-30-2006, 01:35 AM
The KFC Potato Bowl rules. Like mentioned it can be eaten while in a car, it gives you more chicken than I would have thought, and they cover it in gravy. <insert Homer Simpson quote here> I just wish they'd throw in some breat, but I can always order that on the side. I've gotten them twice already and might be tempted for a KFC run tomorrow.

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 02:28 AM
Dunno how much they are by Slicker, but I paid $3.99 which seemed a bit high.

Bantha, you need to slow down on these, they have 30 grams of fat!

Apparently they're going to release another Famous Bowl with rice instead of mashed potatoes.

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 03:21 AM
BBQ sauce and gravy mixed. Bleck.

I havent tried one of these yet, but do want too.

Slicker
05-30-2006, 04:57 AM
The entire bowl is $3.99 but I get the meal which comes with a drink and the total comes to $5.51.

Jargo
05-30-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't like veggies so I simply order it with no corn and all 4 times I've gotten one they've said that since I don't get corn I can get more potatoes in the bowl!! Jackpot!!

It's the perfect blend of man food. You've got potatoes. You've got chicken. You've got cheese. You've got gravy. That's the 4 basic man food groups.
So of course as we all know from home ed. that potatoes are not a veg......... nonono you doofus.:whip:

Oh yeah and any of you rejects eat in my car or near my car and I release the gimp invasion to deal with ya'll. Eating in cars while in motion is disgusting. You oughta be ashamed of your reject selves.

There's a reason dining tables were invented.

bobafrett
05-30-2006, 10:19 AM
I plan on getting one at lunch today, followed by minor depression from reading about the 30 grams of fat, but then a belch will wipe my mind clean of guilt seeing as I will wash it all down with a diet Pepsi!

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Eating in cars while in motion is disgusting.

I do that constantly, it kills two birds....driving to the destinatin and eating. Its how one makes good time on a road trip

bobafrett
05-30-2006, 10:53 AM
I do that constantly, it kills two birds....driving to the destinatin and eating. Its how one makes good time on a road trip

That's about all I have time to do, eat while driving, get to work, work my arse off, eat again on my way to my next job. Eat on the way home, check in here for my daily rehab assignment, go to bed. What fun!

J/K MrDaddyPants. I only eat while driving on occasion, usually chocolate chip cookies.

Jargo
05-30-2006, 12:52 PM
No j/k needed. i wasn't being serious. In fact i need to find some sort of flag to denote when i am actually being serious. maybe a skull and crossbones....

2-1B
05-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Why do you need a skull and crossbones when you've already got a gun toting rodent in your avatar? Works for me. lol

Jargo
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM
the rodent'tar is my non serious self. need summat I can shove on the end of a post to signal that I'm serious. like this only smaller and more smiley like.

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 10:59 PM
BBQ sauce and gravy mixed. Bleck.

I havent tried one of these yet, but do want too. They never came into contact with each other.

Oh yeah and any of you rejects eat in my car or near my car and I release the gimp invasion to deal with ya'll. Eating in cars while in motion is disgusting. You oughta be ashamed of your reject selves.

There's a reason dining tables were invented.Here in America, the dinner table is where you throw your mail on your way in the door after slaving away at your thankless, underpaying job all day. The car is where you eat your lunch so you don't have to suffer more of your coworkers for your precious 30 minutes of freedom in the middle of your workday. I know it's hard for you to understanding since it's so different living on a tiny little damp island where everything is just 5 metres away. :p

Jargo
05-31-2006, 10:23 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeees. but a small humid island just far enough away from the mainland is infinitely more enjoyable than living in a dustbowl with a bunch of sideshow freaks and hippies and human mannequins. HA! :p

Slicker
05-31-2006, 12:44 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeees. but a small humid island just far enough away from the mainland is infinitely more enjoyable than living in a dustbowl with a bunch of sideshow freaks and hippies and human mannequins. HA! :pHEY!!! Enough of that talk.

Let's get back on the topic at hand here. I expect to start hearing about mashed potatoes and chicken.

2-1B
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
30 grams of fat ? :eek:

what's the calorie count ?

Slicker
05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
30 grams of fat ? :eek:

what's the calorie count ?Is yummy considered a calorie count?

JimJamBonds
05-31-2006, 02:00 PM
What's the calorie count ?

I think its safe to say you'd need a couple extra sets of fingers and toes to count that high.

2-1B
05-31-2006, 02:07 PM
I looked it up on KFC's website, the Gravy version has 31 grams of fat and 690 calories.

That is obscene. :vomit:

The Honey BBQ version has 29 grams of fat with 710 calories.

On a side note, it's hilarious that they have a pull down menu regarding "Social Responsibility" as well. lol lol lol

And I used to work there in high school. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
05-31-2006, 02:10 PM
31 grams of fat + 690 calories = Yummy!

Slicker
05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
31 grams of fat + 690 calories = Yummy!

If that's the case then I am 62 grams of fat and 1380 calories heavier. :yes:

I absolutely :love: these damn things!!!

Jargo
05-31-2006, 05:06 PM
HEY!!! Enough of that talk.

Let's get back on the topic at hand here. I expect to start hearing about mashed potatoes and chicken.

:hurt: he started it.

mashed potatoes with or without the skins? all the goodness is in the skin. the rest is just starch and carbs.

James Boba Fettfield
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Neither. These are flakes with water.

Jargo
05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
:cross-eye crikey.

LTBasker
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
I tried one tonight despite my wanting to completely ban KFC from my diet- it was good, very filling. A definite sign that I really need to get my body in shape cause I'm so used to overeating I thought that I was still hungry, but 10 minutes after letting it digest I feel completely full. My mind is lagged. :(

I think every once in awhile on a special occasion I shall get one of these as it was very delicious and just overall convenient. :D This would be PERFECT for a drive-in movie!

Has anyone kept the bowls? I thought it was styrofoam at first but after trying to demolish it, found it's textured plastic. So, I decided to keep the bowl and the lid for future use. The meal is what, $4? So...free container. :p

James Boba Fettfield
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
You should have asked for a free refill.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeees. but a small humid island just far enough away from the mainland is infinitely more enjoyable than living in a dustbowl with a bunch of sideshow freaks and hippies and human mannequins. HA! :p"There's no word for 'crisp' on Ferenginar"

KFC mashed potatoes are skin-free, but they're pretty awesome none the less.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
I think that because of the truth in advertising laws our country has KFC is now forced to call their new gravy/mashed potatoes/chicken and corn item, "Athersclerosis in a bowl."

Banthaholic
05-31-2006, 09:42 PM
You should have asked for a free refill.
:)
Now that's funny!

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
I think that because of the truth in advertising laws our country has KFC is now forced to call their new gravy/mashed potatoes/chicken and corn item, "Athersclerosis in a bowl." There is no "truth in advertising" law, that's why they can call this the "KFC Famous Bowl" when it's BRAND ****ING NEW!!! Nobody's ever heard of it before ***holes!

:p

Jargo
05-31-2006, 11:06 PM
i think it's funny when you cuss JT. shows how much you've evolved. and I mean that as a compliment strangely enough.

*god I feel faint suddenly.*

Slicker
06-01-2006, 04:38 AM
There is no "truth in advertising" law, that's why they can call this the "KFC Famous Bowl" when it's BRAND ****ING NEW!!! Nobody's ever heard of it before ***holes!

:pIt's world famous now (and by world I mean SSG) so that's all that matters. I think KFC should send me a box full of these things for getting other people to try them...

JediTricks
06-01-2006, 04:21 PM
i think it's funny when you cuss JT. shows how much you've evolved. and I mean that as a compliment strangely enough.

*god I feel faint suddenly.*I've been cussing since before there was a public internet, I just clean it up for you vile ****ing stink pigs. :p (For the uninitiated, that was a reference to "Mom" of Futurama, there's an audio clip attached to this post, which I culled from here: http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/2ACV14/)

It's world famous now (and by world I mean SSG) so that's all that matters. I think KFC should send me a box full of these things for getting other people to try them...You should send them what's left of your colon in exchange. ;)

2-1B
06-01-2006, 11:55 PM
As much as I am repulsed by this Bowl, I guess it could be worse...like JamJam on Sunday during our BBQ - a tall, thin man who killed 4 brats (all with buns) and then took down a medium Blizzard at Dairy Queen. Well, at least we walked the mile round trip to get to DQ. I have to admit to being jealous of the man's ability to metabolize such a meal. :D

By comparison Slick, a serving of four brats and a Blizzard would equate to a combined 4 and a half KFC Bowls (in terms of not-good-for-you-ness). :p

bobafrett
06-01-2006, 11:58 PM
(in terms of not-good-for-you-ness). :p

I think that's the "quote of the day", and one that I shall try not to live by.

2-1B
06-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Good for you Frett, I wish I had done the same for the past decade. :D

(well, past 15 years or more really, but anyway - )

bobafrett
06-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Good for you Frett, I wish I had done the same for the past decade. :D

(well, past 15 years or more really, but anyway - )

You'll notice I said "try" in there, and what lesson did Yoda give us?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

Like Luke trying to get his X-Wing out of the swamp, I am bound to fail. :whip: (actually, I really need to lose about 40 pounds)

Slicker
06-02-2006, 05:12 AM
By comparison Slick, a serving of four brats and a Blizzard would equate to a combined 4 and a half KFC Bowls (in terms of not-good-for-you-ness). :pThat's sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.;)

Kidhuman
06-02-2006, 09:19 AM
That's sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.;)

and a case of the s**ts

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-02-2006, 08:13 PM
There is no "truth in advertising" law, that's why they can call this the "KFC Famous Bowl" when it's BRAND ****ING NEW!!! Nobody's ever heard of it before ***holes!

:p

All right then, a disclaimer at least. Like car companies or law offices have that real quick voice over, or all the details spelled out in miniscule fonts at the bottom of the commercial. They can state something to effect that "KFC: helping continuate the U.S.'s number one ranking in the morbidly obese."

2-1B
06-02-2006, 09:21 PM
When you put it that way, it sounds so...morbid.

lol

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 02:14 AM
KFC's numbers are so down, I don't think they'd be required to have that disclaimer. :p Now Taco Bell and their new "Fourth Meal"...

Rocketboy
06-03-2006, 09:57 AM
All right then, a disclaimer at least. Like car companies or law offices have that real quick voice over, or all the details spelled out in miniscule fonts at the bottom of the commercial. They can state something to effect that "KFC: helping continuate the U.S.'s number one ranking in the morbidly obese."That'd be cool...and as long as they pour some gravy over it, few would care.

2-1B
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Good point JT, that whole "Fourth Meal" deal seems exceptionally gluttonous. It reminds me of fast food for Hobbits.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Seventhmeal, that meal between 3am and 5am. :p

El Chuxter
06-04-2006, 05:21 PM
How many meals could one squeeze into a day?

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I had one today and Damn, it is good. I like em alot. I want more now.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 06:35 PM
48 meals, one on every half hour. Luckily for us, the crunchwrap supreme makes it easy to safely eat that much taco bell chow without risk of spillage.

"Crunchwrap Supreme, perfect for fourthmeal, ninthmeal, seventeenthmeal, thirtyfifthmeal, and fortyfirstmeal! Wash it down with your 28th Baja Blast Mountain Dew of the day and follow it up with dessert: 3 bags of cinnamon twists and an apple empanada!"

Slicker
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Please forgive me KFC Supreme Bowl for I have sinned and tasted the greatness of another.

I sold out and went to Arby's today and partook in the 5 for $5.95 deal. Believe me though KFC Bowl, I will be back. I will be back.

2-1B
06-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Back as a corpse maybe, if you can manage to kill all 5 of those Arby's sammitches, Slick. lol

Did you east 'em with Horsey Sauce ? lollollollollol

Slicker
06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Back as a corpse maybe, if you can manage to kill all 5 of those Arby's sammitches, Slick. lol

Did you east 'em with Horsey Sauce ? lollollollollolThe great thing about this deal is that it's not just the sammiches. They've got a list of things to get. I got 3 roast beef sammiches and 2 curly fries.

BTW, I prefer Arby sauce.:p

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 10:08 PM
I always grab Horsey sauce to go. It is much better than Arby Sauce.

Horsey sauce on the KFC bowl...hmmmmmm?

bobafrett
06-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I had a KFC bowl tonight. My son treated me, he said it was an early Fathers day gift. Actually we wanted Gyro's, but both places in town the make Gyros, were closed tonight. We ended up at KFC for dinner instead.

2-1B
06-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Frett, you should have drove up to Milwaukee to Oakland Gyros. :D

Your son bought you KFC, very nice of him...what, is he trying to collect his inheritance early by feeding you KFC ? :crazed:

j/k, I'm not one to talk - JimJam and I ate Wendy's tonight. :cry:

Phantom-like Menace
06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I really have to try one of these bowls. You've really sold me on them. A soon as I can scratch up some scratch, I'll have to get one and some honey bbq wings.

As far as gyros, though, there is a place here called Captain Pete's House of Gyros. I'm not sure where that name comes from, but their gyros are perfect. I made the mistake of addicting my brother to them and he lives two hundred miles away. He almost stopped returning my calls.

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 04:45 PM
The Arby's deal sucks when you're alone, you look like a complete glutton shoving 5 roast beef sandwiches down your gullet. I always put Arbys Sauce and Horsey sauce on 'em, that's the best - unless you got the ones with cheddar sauce, then no Arbys Sauce... damn, I haven't been to Arby's in too long. Anybody ever notice that the name "Arby's" is phonetically representative of "R.B.'s" which could stand for "Roast Beef"?

Arby's claims to have a Gyro now, yet they're just using their Roast Beef, that's total bullcrap! Gyro is supposed to be that weird amalgamated blended meat column, I should know, I'm part Greek. :p

Slicker
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
TAnybody ever notice that the name "Arby's" is phonetically representative of "R.B.'s" which could stand for "Roast Beef"?Ummm...how do you think they got the name of Arby's?

It's also weird that the parent company is named Sybra!

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Ummm...how do you think they got the name of Arby's?Actually, it stood for the founders' names, Forrest and Leroy Raffel, the Raffel Brothers.

It's also weird that the parent company is named Sybra!"Arby's" backwards, that's funny. But it's not their parent company now, that is Triarc who bought RTM Restaurant Group 3 years ago, who themselves who bought Sybra 4 years ago.

Slicker
06-05-2006, 06:05 PM
"Arby's" backwards, that's funny. But it's not their parent company now, that is Triarc who bought RTM Restaurant Group 3 years ago, who themselves who bought Sybra 4 years ago.I knew Sybra was something clever (i.e. stupid) like that. I recall hearing parent company but apparently I was wrong. I suck.

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Damn corporate buyouts for ruining a cute naming scheme. :p

bobafrett
06-06-2006, 12:30 AM
I went back to KFC today for a little meal, and tried the newest promo item, a 6 piece set of Tyriaki (sp?) boneless chicken wings. A rather bland taste I must say.

Banthaholic
06-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I went back to KFC today for a little meal, and tried the newest promo item, a 6 piece set of Tyriaki (sp?) boneless chicken wings. A rather bland taste I must say.
I don't know if I will like that one. I just hope this promo didn't bump the Potato Bowls, I'm going in for another round tomorrow. Get one bowl, 6 piece honey bbq wings, a biscuit, and a few calories.

Slicker
06-06-2006, 07:24 AM
I went back to KFC today for a little meal, and tried the newest promo item, a 6 piece set of Tyriaki (sp?) boneless chicken wings. A rather bland taste I must say.See! Should've just stuck with the heart attack in a bowl.

That's one reason why I always hesitate to try anything new. I'm afraid that if I do and don't like the new thing I'll be mad because I have a favorite that I KNOW is good yet I passed on.

Kidhuman
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
He betrayed the bowl

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2006, 01:16 PM
This thread right here is the reason I missed this place. :)

I don't get out to eat much, and when I do it's usually Taco Bell, but I'm NEED to have one of these fellas. Slick tells me at three times a conversation that I need to partake.

bobafrett
06-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Ahhhhh, the Taco Bell, today I dined on a feast of one of the Combe meals which included a Mexican pizza, and two Taco supremes along with a large soft drink, and because I ate there, I got a free refill which I am nursing on right now.

I would never consciously betray the bowl! Its just that I hd one the night before.

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I hear everyone complain about the havoc Taco Bell wrecks on their colon, but I've never had them troubles. I could, literally, eat it every day.

On the other hand, I usually eat it after a night of cold Molson Canadians. Maybe it's not the beer that has me reading back issues of Maxim for the better part of the following day.

El Chuxter
06-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Give me Del Taco over Taco Bell any day.

Those of you in SoCal know what I'm talking 'bout.

JimJamBonds
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Taco John's is pretty good.

Banthaholic
06-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Did the potato bowl today for lunch and was happy with the selection.

Does anyone else get a laugh out of the KFC moist toiletes they throw in your bag. Based on their square appearance I call them KFC condoms.

JimJamBonds
06-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Sorry Slick but I tried one of those bowls today and it wasn't that great. Like most KFC it was rather pricey plus after I was done (it didn't take long) I was still hungry. I think I could have eaten 3-4 of those things but I don't have an extra kidney to sell so I just had one. After all that bashing I will say though its not bad BUT it costs too much and its too small.

El Chuxter
06-07-2006, 02:50 AM
After all that bashing I will say though its not bad BUT it costs too much. . . .

I doubt Slicker will be mad at you for that. He hears the same about his mom all the time. :twisted:

Slicker
06-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey Chuxter! I've got a crazy idea for ya. Why don't you STFU!!!!

Back to business.

I am, of course, partaking in yet another one of these scrumtrulescent KFC bowls and I have no reason to believe that it won't be as good as the other 2,356,927 that I've already eaten.

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Slow down or you'll be dead before you get your leave.

Phantom-like Menace
06-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Based on the shear weight of love for the famous bowls on this thread, my friends and I each had one today. We each declared it pretty tasty. Now, my take was that it largely tasted like their mashed potatoes, but their mashed potatoes are good, so I can't complain. We all ordered with corn. It did need more cheese, though. All in all, I'm not sure I'll ever order one again, but that's mostly because I never eat at KFC, not because it wasn't good.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
"More cheese" was definitely something I thought as well, it barely made an appearance. Not that I loved the idea of cheese on it, but in for a penny, in for a pound.

decadentdave
06-16-2006, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the info on the bowls. I was late to work and pulled in to KFC and got one to eat while I was driving down the highway. Mmmmmmmmm. Those hit the spot!

Phantom-like Menace
06-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Not that I loved the idea of cheese on it, but in for a penny, in for a pound.

Mmm . . . a pound of cheese.

Slicker
06-16-2006, 03:42 AM
"More cheese" was definitely something I thought as well, it barely made an appearance. Not that I loved the idea of cheese on it, but in for a penny, in for a pound.I'll definitely agree with the more cheese appeal. These are still heaven but with more cheese they would be God!!

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Mmm . . . a pound of cheese. :eek: I didn't mean literally! :dead: I just think that if you're gonna bother mentioning that you put cheese on it, you should let the cheese be a real player rather than merely a visual garnish. (and yes, I knew PLM was kidding! :p)

"A pound of cheese" is the next value meal at Burger King. :D

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 04:13 AM
More cheese the man says

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 04:25 AM
"The King says, 'why do you think you've got arteries in your leg?' so live it up with the new deep-fried BK Extreme Pound o' Cheese! Only $5.99 for a limited time."

Phantom-like Menace
06-16-2006, 06:52 AM
:eek: I didn't mean literally! :dead: I just think that if you're gonna bother mentioning that you put cheese on it, you should let the cheese be a real player rather than merely a visual garnish. (and yes, I knew PLM was kidding! :p)

I'm barely kidding:grin: . I don't plan to live a long time, but I plan to die with a cheese-stuffed smile on my face. You should see me put cheese on my chili . . . or chili on my cheese depending on who you ask.

"The King says, 'why do you think you've got arteries in your leg?' so live it up with the new deep-fried BK Extreme Pound o' Cheese! Only $5.99 for a limited time."

And if a heart pumped full of cheese won't kill me, this last comment will. It won't look pretty to die laughing with all that cheese in my mouth.

CaptainSolo1138
06-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Me and mama Solo had KFC last nite for dinner. Of course, she wanted nothing to do with a KFC Bowl, insisting we get this huge 8-piece meal. After dropping $20 on that thing, I didn't really feel like shelling out the extra for a Bowl. Bastards.

BTW, if anyone wants to stop by, we've got 4 pieces of chicken and a little bit of coleslaw in the fridge.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 10:03 AM
All this "more cheese" in the bowls talk is clogging my bowels just at the thought of it. :dead:

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Words of wisdom:

Cheese'll block you up.

JimJamBonds
06-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Me and mama Solo had KFC last nite for dinner. Of course, she wanted nothing to do with a KFC Bowl, insisting we get this huge 8-piece meal. After dropping $20 on that thing, I didn't really feel like shelling out the extra for a Bowl. Bastards.

BTW, if anyone wants to stop by, we've got 4 pieces of chicken and a little bit of coleslaw in the fridge.

I'll stop by tonight on my way home from work.

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Coleslaw....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Should have gotten mac and cheese.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I'll stop by tonight on my way home from work.

for the chicken or for mama solo ? lol

Coleslaw....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Should have gotten mac and cheese.

bite your tongue, KFC's coleslaw is the best item on their menu, not to mention the best coleslaw ANYWHERE. :mad:

JimJamBonds
06-16-2006, 01:43 PM
for the chicken or for mama solo ? lol

"Have some chicken maybe some ___."

Champ Kind Anchorman

Phantom-like Menace
06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
bite your tongue, KFC's coleslaw is the best item on their menu, not to mention the best coleslaw ANYWHERE. :mad:

I'll take your word for it, but the best cole slaw--and I am willing to allow people like that stuff--is still disgusting. I love cabbage. One of my favorite stories is when my brother and I were walking through a grocery store and saw cabbages so beautiful he took a picture with his cell phone. I have a monthly requirement for sauerkraut. I could eat cabbage for the rest of my life, but cole slaw is just nasty in any form.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm your alter ego then because I will never ever EVER eat sauerkraut.

EVER. :crazed:

Sick. :dead:

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm your alter ego then because I will never ever EVER eat sauerkraut.

EVER. :crazed:

Sick. :dead:

Anything with cabbage is nasty

Rocketboy
06-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Sauerkraut and Coleslaw are evil.

Slicker
06-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Sauerkraut and Coleslaw are evil.Sauerkraut is the worst around Cappy.

That stuff just runs through him with a quickness.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:20 PM

"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
--JT, while drinking his evening tea--

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm barely kidding:grin: . I don't plan to live a long time, but I plan to die with a cheese-stuffed smile on my face. You should see me put cheese on my chili . . . or chili on my cheese depending on who you ask.I do the same, but I also dump a lot of onions on the chili so it counters the negative effects of the cheese... yeah right. ;)

And if a heart pumped full of cheese won't kill me, this last comment will. It won't look pretty to die laughing with all that cheese in my mouth.Always nice to have one's work appreciated in his own time. :D I think I've been seeing too many of those recent Burger King commercials, I can actually hear the announcer's voice on this one.

BTW, if anyone wants to stop by, we've got 4 pieces of chicken and a little bit of coleslaw in the fridge.Dang, I'm down! Cold fried chicken and KFC coleslaw is the food of the gods.

Phantom-like Menace
06-17-2006, 01:39 AM
I do the same, but I also dump a lot of onions on the chili so it counters the negative effects of the cheese... yeah right. ;)

My pretty standard bowl of chili is one part cheese, one part jalapeņos, and one part chili.

Always nice to have one's work appreciated in his own time. :D I think I've been seeing too many of those recent Burger King commercials, I can actually hear the announcer's voice on this one.

Just as long as it doesn't involve that freaky Burger King king. That guy should be in horror movies.

Dang, I'm down! Cold fried chicken and KFC coleslaw is the food of the gods.

Cold fried chicken is pretty good, which is good, because it doesn't microwave very well and no one wants to put it in an oven when they want a quick snack.

So, KFC seems to be becoming the official food of SSG. Maybe I will have to get more famous bowls.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-17-2006, 12:46 PM

I can live without the cole. That is one vile substance. For me it's slaw or nothing.

JediTricks
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM
My pretty standard bowl of chili is one part cheese, one part jalape&#241;os, and one part chili.Also known as "two parts heartburn, three parts gas". ;)

Just as long as it doesn't involve that freaky Burger King king. That guy should be in horror movies.I'm afraid it does, and yes he should. Maybe my commercial would have a guy in surgery getting that leg artery transplanted into the guy's heart, the guy looks up from the operating table and gets all nervous when he sees that his surgeon is the King, then the King hands him the Extreme Pound o' Cheese and the guy gnaws on it while the King continues the operation. :p

Cold fried chicken is pretty good, which is good, because it doesn't microwave very well and no one wants to put it in an oven when they want a quick snack.This is so true! The bones get cold and the microwave tries to heat them up first (because microwaves work from the inside-out), it's no good. The only thing I don't like about cold fried chicken is when there's a huge thing of hard grease at the bottom and attached to the chicken once its cold, I've stopped leaving cold fried chicken in its original container because of that, it's nasty. Cold pizza is better and it microwaves better, but I wouldn't give up cold fried chicken... cold turkey. NOOOOO!!! BAD PUN!!!!!

jjreason
06-17-2006, 07:47 PM
BSLOS, please - whenever you're ready. :D

2-1B
06-18-2006, 01:54 AM
I got JT covered here, Reason. ;)

"Ooo ooo ooo"
*THUMP*
"You and me going fishing in the dark
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows"

lol lol lol

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 01:22 AM
I don't do bad song lyrics of shame, I have no shame... I admitted to eating one of these bowls after all. :D

mabudonicus
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
I know it's from a couple o' pages back but I've been on a diet and was not able to read this discussion without breaking the rules of said diet...

I do the same, but I also dump a lot of onions on the chili so it counters the negative effects of the cheese

If I read that correctly, Trix has stated that "onions cut the cheese"

I don't know why I tghink that's so funny, I think it has something to do with some of the other culinary, dietary and general lifestyle tips that JT likes to dispense from time to time (which in turn give Caesar pre-made signature material)

And since no-one else has brought it up- anyoneo catch that story in the news wherein KFC was fined (or something like that, punished in some fashion involving large bread) for using "real bad for ya" oils in unhealthy proportions?? I thought of all you folks when I heard it, qand it kinda would kill the thread...

Oh and as for your "pound o' cheese" JT- an alternate marketing scheme could be something about how bad osteoporosis is, and how by hardening up your arteries with all thet rich goodness, you'd be building a back-up skeleton , thus improving you quality of life in your golden years.. surprised that angle has never been used yet....

Okay, carry on :beard:

CaptainSolo1138
06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Sauerkraut is the worst around Cappy.
It's good for hot boxin' the wife. A nice plate of sauerkraut and sausage for me equals a long night for her.

CaptainSolo1138
08-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I know it's a double post, but I found this (http://www.collegehumor.com/news/080106-loker.jpg) to be quite entertaining.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Thats funny. Not a double post since over 6 weeks apart really.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Cows have neither eggs nor testicles.

Slicker
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
It's been a minute since I've had one of these but I had one a couple of days ago and DAMN!! They're still good as all get out. I've been neglecting them because I've got a new KFC addiction and it's called the boneless buffalo wings.

I made a compromise and got only 5 wings, my bowl, some mashed potatos, mac and cheese, and a drink. I'm lovin' some KFC.

JediTricks
08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I've been neglecting them because I've got a new KFC addiction and it's called the boneless buffalo wings. New??? I thought they've been out for years now.

I made a compromise and got only 5 wings, my bowl, some mashed potatos, mac and cheese, and a drink. I'm lovin' some KFC.Sounds like you're hatin' your body though. :p

I haven't had KFC since the last time I mentioned so on this very thread.

Slicker
08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
New??? I thought they've been out for years now.

The wings themselves aren't new...but my addiction to them is.:yes:

jjreason
08-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Jesus Slicker, that meal you described above is giving ME heartburn and gas - and I'm at least 3000 miles west of you.

Slicker
08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, I did it again tonight. And now I'm rippin' *** like no other. It's great. I think I may have methane poisoning though.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 07:35 PM
He told me he farted and he might have to leave the room, then his AIM shut down.

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Heaven is actually the Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell. Yum yum.

Rocketboy
08-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Heaven is actually the Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell. Yum yum.Actually, those are the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I guess you havent had the spicy chicken one? Thats damn good.

El Chuxter
08-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I haven't actually eaten at Taco Bell in years, since they stopped being the standby for cheapskates like me. I was riding with my parents from the hospital, and they're both fast food addicts, so I tried only the beef so far. I've had bad experiences with false-Mexican fast food chicken, but if you say it's good, I'll have to try it.

2-1B
08-30-2006, 01:47 AM
false-taco chicken at T-Bell tastes like it has been marinated in liquid handsoap.

JediTricks
08-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I guess you havent had the spicy chicken one? Thats damn good.I couldn't even taste the spicy chicken in it, not worth the extra 30 cents. :p

Kidhuman
08-30-2006, 06:58 PM
You got ripped off, I had one and it had some kick to it, not real spicy but not fake spicy either.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-13-2008, 02:00 AM
I purchased my first KFC bowl over the weekend.

I now will tell people my birthdate is October 11, 2008.

sith_killer_99
10-13-2008, 02:02 AM
MMmmmm...KFC bowls are yummy!:thumbsup:

Blue2th
10-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Thought I recognized the title. 14 pages and 2 years later the "KFC Chicken Bowl" thread gets dug up. :crazed:

cookiemonster
10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Just shows you KFC does repeat on you, lol.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I noticed on their value menu that they have a $1.99-sized bowl. Is it in a shot glass? :confused:

cookiemonster
10-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Talking about chickens.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpoki4wBwtA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LozR_MFodHk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02rlGHsqLOQ&feature=related

Slicker
10-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I now will tell people my birthdate is October 11, 2008.Awesome. Everybody should have a KFC life changing revolution. :thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Awesome. Everybody should have a KFC life changing revolution. :thumbsup:

Even though it took me three nights of jogging a 1 1/2 mile to work off the calories, I think the bowl ranks up there on the pantheon with nectar and ambrosia.

The only thing that ticked me off was that I had a coupon for the bowl, courtesy of a circular, and when I went to present it, it turns out KFC automatically lowers the price for everyone, sans coupon. I felt gipped. But my tummy was happy.

DarthQuack
10-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Had a couple more Volcano tacos today.....I love the Volcano sauce that they use....but they charge for it now I think if you want it on something else.

Slicker
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Volcano tacos? They have those at KFC? Never heard of 'em...

You know what sucks? Is that this thread made me even more hungry for a Famous Bowl and a) I'm stuck out to sea and b) it's damn breakfast time and not dinner time. :cry:

DarthQuack
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Nah....saw people talking about other things a page or two ago....though any delicious horrible for you food was heaven.

2-1B
04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
hey Slick, there are a few of these abominations waiting for you when you get back:
http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/

sith_killer_99
04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
hey Slick, there are a few of these abominations waiting for you when you get back:

That's BRILLIANT!!!

I must go to KFC TODAY!

JimJamBonds
04-16-2010, 12:34 PM

That reminds me a few years ago when Hardee's/Carl's Jr. had a burger that had lettuce as a bun.

JediTricks
04-16-2010, 03:32 PM
That reminds me a few years ago when Hardee's/Carl's Jr. had a burger that had lettuce as a bun.
They still do have lettuce as a bun, it's the "low-carb $6 burger/monster thickburger", and actually you can get anything from them as "low-carb" that way. They stole the idea from In-n-Out Burger's "Protein style".

Ando
04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
The new KFC double down sandwich reminds me of the 30 Rock Season 1 episode when Jack and Tracy came up with a "meat machine" that eliminated the bread/bun and used meat instead.

As a fan of both 30 Rock and KFC, I want to go to there.

JediTricks
04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
The new KFC double down sandwich reminds me of the 30 Rock Season 1 episode when Jack and Tracy came up with a "meat machine" that eliminated the bread/bun and used meat instead.

As a fan of both 30 Rock and KFC, I want to go to there.
You go to this sandwich, you don't come back.

Ando
04-16-2010, 05:25 PM
You go to this sandwich, you don't come back.

I take that as a challenge! ;)

According to this page (http://www.kfc.com/doubledown/) on KFC's site, the grilled double down has more sodium than the fried/original recipe.

Didn't this thing start off as a April Fool's Day joke a couple of years ago? It seems like I had been hearing about it for a while before it came out this week.

I really just want to try it once. My current favorite right now is the 7 piece dark meat meal. Add in a second large side, and you've got 2 meals for $12.00. And I don't eat at KFC very often, either.

El Chuxter
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Bun is not meat nor cheese. Word.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Didn't this thing start off as a April Fool's Day joke a couple of years ago? It seems like I had been hearing about it for a while before it came out this week.
It was released as a trial in Providence and Omaha a while back, and only expanded nationally recently. I don't know how good of a test that was, since Nebraska is not exactly the culinary capital of the world. :p

I tried the famous bowl a few years ago and I remember it as a weird mishmash of crap wherein the whole was far less than the sum of its parts. I'm similarly repulsed yet intrigued by the double down . . . I'll probably try it soon only to feel horrible about my humanity shortly thereafter.

Slicker
04-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh, dear God! That thing looks friggin' delicious! But since the Japanese are complete fat a**es I highly doubt the KFC here carries it. Only 16 more days until I'm home and can get one though! w00t!

Ando
04-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Well, according to a Facebook post, my wife is going out for sushi tomorrow for lunch, so I will heading to KFC for lunch.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Can we create/suggest a "hidden menu" at KFC? Think about this: have the Double Down "sandwich," but add in the contents of a KFC bowl (mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, cheese) in between. :drool: :pleased: Edible death... :dead: by wonderful carbs and sodium... :D

morpheus282
04-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I had one of the Double Downs on Tuesday. Ordered it original recipe, figured I'd get the grilled next time. The menu price for the combo was $7.49, but I figured I'd stick with the sandwich alone. I was a little shocked when the total after tax for yonder sammich was $6. I was a little more shocked when I opened the box and it was a little smaller than I'd expect for $6.

On to the important part - the taste.

It wasn't bad. Could have used a little more bacon, maybe a little less cheese, but overall good. If it were a couple of bucks cheaper I'd probably make it a regular lunch item.

bigbarada
04-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I tried the Double Down today and was a little disappointed by the taste. Kind of bland, but I could tell that the chicken breasts had been cooked earlier, sat around for a while, then placed in a microwave; so that might account for the lack of taste.

sith_killer_99
04-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Can we create/suggest a "hidden menu" at KFC? Think about this: have the Double Down "sandwich," but add in the contents of a KFC bowl (mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, cheese) in between. :drool: :pleased: Edible death... :dead: by wonderful carbs and sodium... :D

Okay, now that's just silly.

You would get mashed potatoes and gravy everywhere!:D

What they need to do is sell it with a "dipper" side of mashed potatoes and gravy. Then you could eat it like a roast beef au jus sandwich!:thumbsup::laugh:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Now that I've thought more about it, all restaurants need squeeze packets of gravy: country, brown, chicken, pepper, etc. Oh, I think I might just faint... :sleeping:

sith_killer_99
04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Now that I've thought more about it, all restaurants need squeeze packets of gravy: country, brown, chicken, pepper, etc. Oh, I think I might just faint... :sleeping:

That's great! Now all we have to do is convince Heinz to package it and restaurants to carry it!:thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh, and BTW, the Law of Diminishing Returns has yet to come into play for me and the wonderful Carl's Jr. Big Country breakfast burrito. :yes:

bigbarada
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I tried the Double Down today and was a little disappointed by the taste. Kind of bland, but I could tell that the chicken breasts had been cooked earlier, sat around for a while, then placed in a microwave; so that might account for the lack of taste.

I tried another one of these today and this one was fresh out of the frier, so it was much, much better. I don't see myself buying these on a regular basis at all, but if they stick around long enough, I'll probably get them once in a blue harvest.

JediTricks
04-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh, and BTW, the Law of Diminishing Returns has yet to come into play for me and the wonderful Carl's Jr. Big Country breakfast burrito. :yes:
It will when you see your blood pressure and cholesterol tests come back. ;) It has 210 more calories than the Double Down, 14 more grams of fat, and 130 more milligrams of sodium.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-19-2010, 12:05 AM
But I only had a sandwich (PB&J on wheat) and water for lunch after. Doesn't that make up for the Breakfast o' Slow Death? :pleased:

Ando
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
So I went to KFC on Saturday and the 7 piece dark meat bicket meal was gone, so that was a bummer.

I ended up with an original recipe Double Down, large cole slaw, and 2 biscuits.

I liked the Double Down, but it seemed kinda smallish, and more of a snack/side item to me. I will probably get one again. Very tasty.

TeeEye7
04-19-2010, 01:16 PM
This appeared in the editorial page this morning:

JediTricks
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
But I only had a sandwich (PB&J on wheat) and water for lunch after. Doesn't that make up for the Breakfast o' Slow Death? :pleased:You don't want to know how bad for you that peanut butter was on top of the breakfast deathrrito. :p

JimJamBonds
04-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Slicker doesn't believe that. :laugh:

JediTricks
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Honestly, in terms of health, folks are making a big deal out of nothing special. This thing has the same calories as a Big Mac, only 3g more fat, and only 340mg more sodium. And the Big Mac is pretty much the least-offensive of fast food sandwiches out there. Nobody was picketing the Big Mac for the last 50 years.

Rocketboy
04-21-2010, 11:22 AM
10 Fast Food Items Worse For You Than The KFC Double Down (http://consumerist.com/2010/04/10-fast-food-items-worse-for-you-than-the-kfc-double-down.html)

Original Recipe Double Down:
540 calories
32g fat
1380mg sodium.

BURGER KING

Triple Whopper:
1160 calories
76g fat
1170mg sodium

Tendercrisp Garden Salad:
670 cals
45g fat
1740mg sodium
Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich:
800 cals
46g fat
1640mg sodium

Original Chicken Sandwich:
630 cals
39g fat
1390mg sodium

MCDONALD'S

Angus Mushroom & Swiss Burger:
770 cals
40g fat
1170mg sodium

Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese:
740 cals
42g fat
1380mg sodium

Chicken Selects 5-Piece with one packet of Buffalo Sauce:
720 cals
46g fat
2480mg sodium

WENDY'S

Chicken BLT Salad With Honey Dijon Dressing:
720 cals
51g fat
1540mg sodium

Baconator Double:
980 cals
62g fat
1740mg sodium

Southwest Taco Salad with ranch dressing and tortilla strips:
640 cals
36g fat
1590mg sodium

JimJamBonds
04-21-2010, 12:53 PM
(http://consumerist.com/2010/04/10-fast-food-items-worse-for-you-than-the-kfc-double-down.html)WENDY'S

Baconator Double:

Sounds AWESOME!!!!!

bobafrett
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Awesome!

My son tried the double down KFC chicken thing with cheese. He liked it! He exclaimed it was the best thing he had ever tasted. I, on the other hand, stayed away from it, and ate a bland chicken sandwich, that is no where nearly as good as the tender roast sandwich they had years ago. I ordered it without the sauce which in loaded with calories and fat, or so I've been told. Seeing as I have been losing weight, I didn't think this would be a good thing for me to eat.

El Chuxter
04-21-2010, 02:07 PM
If I hadn't been told I had high cholesterol, I would've been first in line for that Double Baconator.

JediTricks
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Awesome!

My son tried the double down KFC chicken thing with cheese. He liked it! He exclaimed it was the best thing he had ever tasted. I, on the other hand, stayed away from it, and ate a bland chicken sandwich, that is no where nearly as good as the tender roast sandwich they had years ago. I ordered it without the sauce which in loaded with calories and fat, or so I've been told. Seeing as I have been losing weight, I didn't think this would be a good thing for me to eat.Young people have less-developed taste buds, which makes extreme flavors stand out to them and gives them less ability to discern subtleties and nuances. I've been trying to explain this to my niece for a few years as it comes up in conversation at the dinner table.

10 Fast Food Items Worse For You Than The KFC Double Down (http://consumerist.com/2010/04/10-fast-food-items-worse-for-you-than-the-kfc-double-down.html)

Original Recipe Double Down:
540 calories
32g fat
1380mg sodium.

BURGER KING

Triple Whopper:
1160 calories
76g fat
1170mg sodium

Tendercrisp Garden Salad:
670 cals
45g fat
1740mg sodium
Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich:
800 cals
46g fat
1640mg sodium

Original Chicken Sandwich:
630 cals
39g fat
1390mg sodium

MCDONALD'S

Angus Mushroom & Swiss Burger:
770 cals
40g fat
1170mg sodium

Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese:
740 cals
42g fat
1380mg sodium

Chicken Selects 5-Piece with one packet of Buffalo Sauce:
720 cals
46g fat
2480mg sodium

WENDY'S

Chicken BLT Salad With Honey Dijon Dressing:
720 cals
51g fat
1540mg sodium

Baconator Double:
980 cals
62g fat
1740mg sodium

Southwest Taco Salad with ranch dressing and tortilla strips:
640 cals
36g fat
1590mg sodiumDang, there are a lot of salads that are really horrible for you out there. I am glad the only fast food salads I eat are the little $1 ones that don't have fried chicken pieces and such.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Then I can proudly say I've only had the original chicken sandwich from BK, on that list of worse items. I'm normally not a "double" kind of guy; tough to snake-jaw-break such large burgers and such.

Good to know that there's NOTHING bad about getting punch or lemonade instead of soda at fast food joints... :rolleyes: :whew:

Rocketboy
04-24-2010, 11:17 PM
KFC Double Down + McDonalds Big Mac = AMAZING (http://www.reddit.com/tb/bvj7w)

Mad Slanted Powers
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Dang, there are a lot of salads that are really horrible for you out there. I am glad the only fast food salads I eat are the little $1 ones that don't have fried chicken pieces and such.I bet a lot of the bad stuff in those salads is in the dressing. I usually don't get dressing when I order a salad, unless it is already mixed in.

On Tuesday, my mom and I drove to Mount Vernon and went to the Royal Fork Buffet there. You could make your own Belgian waffles there, so we each had one of those. They were pretty good. It had been a while since I had some fresh waffles. My mom used to make some and bring them to me, but even those would be put into the freezer and wouldn't be as good as when they were fresh off the waffle iron.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I did finally try the KFC DD, but I got it with a mini bowl on the side. :D For the "sandwich?" I like Original Recipe chicken, always have. This one was okay, messy. I probably won't get another one, unless someone who hasn't tried one yet wants to do so and have another person do likewise (doubtful that such a scenario will present itself).

JediTricks
05-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I bet a lot of the bad stuff in those salads is in the dressing. I usually don't get dressing when I order a salad, unless it is already mixed in.
Full-fat salad dressing generally has 14 grams of fat per serving, and those numbers are 3x above that. And the dressing usually has around 100 to 300mg of sodium, again, 1/3rd of the numbers in those salads. The chicken bits are the constant here, and they're horrific.

I doubt I'll ever bother with the Double Down.

Slicker
05-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I got a double down the other day. Since I'm very health conscious I got the grilled one and I actually liked it a lot. To be honest though it would probably taste better if it had a bun. Nonetheless the taste is very good and since I love bacon and cheese this thing is money.

JimJamBonds
05-16-2010, 05:37 AM
I got a double down the other day. Since I'm very health conscious I got the grilled one and I actually liked it a lot. To be honest though it would probably taste better if it had a bun. Nonetheless the taste is very good and since I love bacon and cheese this thing is money.

Did you wash down that double down with a KFC bowl as well? :D

Slicker
05-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Did you wash down that double down with a KFC bowl as well? :DI seriously thought about getting both but I really don't think my body could've taken it.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I did finally try the KFC DD, but I got it with a mini bowl on the side. :D For the "sandwich?" I like Original Recipe chicken, always have. This one was okay, messy. I probably won't get another one, unless someone who hasn't tried one yet wants to do so and have another person do likewise (doubtful that such a scenario will present itself).Well, I tried both in the same sitting, and nothing's hap-
:dead:

bobafrett
05-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Bel-cam is gone, done in by KFC food. Now maybe I will catch up on post counts!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Bel-cam is gone, done in by KFC food. Now maybe I will catch up on post counts!

That's exactly how my father went :cry::cry:

Bel-Cam Jos
05-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Meesa back! All that caloric content and sodium has made my insides (and outsides :o ) impervious to breaking down. Good gravy! :D So I had a 20-piece McNuggets tonight for dinner... but I may not make it to tomorrow. :eek:

Mad Slanted Powers
05-22-2010, 12:34 AM
How you get so big eating food of this kind?

JimJamBonds
05-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Slick, you may need to head to your nearest Cold Stone Creamery ASAP!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64Q47A20100527?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FoddlyEnoughNews+%28 News+%2F+US+%2F+Oddly+Enough%29

2-1B
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Slick, you may need to head to your nearest Cold Stone Creamery ASAP!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64Q47A20100527?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FoddlyEnoughNews+%28 News+%2F+US+%2F+Oddly+Enough%29

"In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon," the magazine said.

That's a good idea too...how about drinking that little guy AFTER eating 68 strips of bacon? Wash it down? :lipsrsealed:

Darth Jax
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
MMMMM... bacon smoothie

JimJamBonds
05-29-2010, 07:52 PM
"In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon," the magazine said.

That's a good idea too...how about drinking that little guy AFTER eating 68 strips of bacon? Wash it down? :lipsrsealed:

Sounds like a bit from Jim Gaffigan. lol