PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Force: Betrayal [some spoilers]

mastermatt24
05-31-2006, 01:01 AM
Comes out today.. No coupons or anything so Ima gonna wait (plus I havent finished Triple Zero yet!!, Shame on me! ) :crazed:

From a Del Rey email:
Prepare for an extraordinary turning point in the galaxy far, far away as the
next chapter of a legendary saga is unveiled.

STAR WARS: LEGACY OF THE FORCE: BETRAYAL
The first novel in an all-new epic series. Revolution threatens the galactic alliance. New evil rises from the ashes of the empire and the Skywalker and Solo families clash in a conflict with devastating consequences for the Jedi Order, and for the galaxy.

This is the era of Luke Skywalker's legacy: the Jedi Master has unified the order into a cohesive group of powerful Jedi Knights. But as the new era begins, planetary interests threaten to disrupt this time of relative peace, and Luke is plagued with visions of an approaching darkness. Evil is rising again out of the best intentions and it looks as if the legacy of the Skywalkers may come full circle. Honor and duty will collide with friendship and blood ties as the Skywalker and Solo clans find themselves on opposing sides of an explosive conflict with potentially devastating repercussions for both families, for the Jedi order, and for the entire galaxy.

Ill be an even nicer guy and post Allston's tour schedule:

6/8/2006
Barnes & Noble
14709 US 31 North Greyhound Plaza
Carmel, IN 46032
317-844-2501
7 pm

6/10/2006
Borders Books
Sunset Plaza 10990 Watson Road
St. Louis, MO 63127
314-909-0300
2 pm

6/17/2006
Hastings Books, Music & Video
Skyridge Plaza 2200 S Ih-35
Round Rock, TX 78681

2 pm

6/24/2006
Borders Books
1601 Preston Road
Plano, TX 75093
972-713-9857
2 pm

6/24/2006
Borders Books
4601 W. Freeway
Ft. Worth, TX 76107
817-737-0444
7 pm

7/21/2006
Comic-Con International
San Diego Convention Center 111 W. Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101

Enjoy..! :thumbsup:

mastermatt24
06-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Guess what!? Coupon time!: http://f.chtah.com/i/9/276579820/coupon20_0601.htm
And it fits perfectly- spend $20 and get 20% off- just buy Betrayal! :D

Bel-Cam Jos
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I didn't realize this one was a hardcover, so it's off to the library I go! And just in time for the end of school... let the readin' begin.

But, the pessimist in me says, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm 200-some pages in (sorry, only had it for 2 days or I'd be farther along :rolleyes: ), and surprisingly, it's not as bad as I'd thought. I'll withhold any spoilers until I'm done, but I'll say that it's not looking as horrid as Vector Prime was for the last big SW series. State ooned.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm 200-some pages in (sorry, only had it for 2 days or I'd be farther along :rolleyes: ), and surprisingly, it's not as bad as I'd thought. I'll withhold any spoilers until I'm done, but I'll say that it's not looking as horrid as Vector Prime was for the last big SW series. State ooned.So I just kept reading, and reading. First off, I'll give you my rating: 8.6 out of 10; one of the best SW books I've read in a while, and the best of those I thought would be bad.

SPOILERS GALORE!

Once the stories started to intertwine more, and I thought I knew what would happen, some did and some did not follow my ideas. I thought Wedge's daughter (I was definitely surprised at who she really was before being revealed) was going to die by either Han or Wedge; for a time, I actually thought Wedge would go, a la Chewie in VP.

Jacen is filling the role of Prequel-era Anakin Skywalker very well: someone who thinks they're doing the right thing, but walking down a horrible, unavoidable path and ignoring all the warnings. He's racking up killings that could put Vader to shame.

Anakin the robot was a quick shock, then a cheap plot ploy, to a good wrap-up in an appropriate time frame. That's why I like Allston's style (I always preferred his X-Wing stories to Stackpole's uber-specific detail and military jargon).

I am now looking forward to the rest of the Legacy series, unlike how I dreaded the next NJO crud! :)

SPOILERS ABOVE!

Rocketboy
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
So I just kept reading, and reading. First off, I'll give you my rating: 8.6 out of 10; one of the best SW books I've read in a while, and the best of those I thought would be bad.Curiosity has bitten me: 8.6 seems like such an unusual/random number.
Why the .6 and not .5?
Do you have a system you use to rate or something?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Curiosity has bitten me: 8.6 seems like such an unusual/random number.
Why the .6 and not .5?
Do you have a system you use to rate or something?Nah, I just thought that an 8 1/2 was a pretty good rating (between two whole numbers, but since I felt it was better than I had been expecting, I gave it an extra tenth of a point) for it. And, if people prefer out-of-five scales, they could easily adapt it as a 4.3 score, or 86 out of 100, or 2976 out of 3720,... :p

InsaneJediGirl
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I finished Betrayal a few weeks ago and thought it was fairly dry. However, it is much better than much of the NJO series :) I dont think the book really picked up until the last 100 pages or so, where Jacen really started his downfall and the Coruscant/Corellia conflict is heating up.

I'm halfway through Bloodlines right now, I think its much better than Betrayal so far. I'm even liking Boba Fett, most writers dont put too much complexity into him in my opinon(from the books I've read anyways).