PDA

View Full Version : Saga Episode IV Wave out- Red Holo figures!(merged)

whiteghost
05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
I saw a few new figs at a local TRU today must say I was not terribly impressed. Mainly with new Vader and Luke. New tatoine floppy hat Luke is cool with soft goods cloak, but I had to pass. The face didn't look quite right and the case containing lightsabers and other stuff inside like the remote and things totally threw me off. the only removable part is Lukes/Anakins lightsaber all other items are molded in and painted including obi lightsaber hilt. Almost would have been worth the fig cost to get the acc. Vader while not a bad looking fig we have had a lot of really good vaders recently. His main failing is also with accessories, he comes with a bunch of junk which I think is supposed to be debris that he throws at Luke on Bespin, but I don't know. Han is a rehash nothing new to report there, but Hem Dazon is kind of cool and the holo figs now are red for some reason.

Turbowars
05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Funny how some people can't wait to buy these and other see them and just leave them behind. It's not a bad thing, just a observation. I want them all.

Luuuuuuke
05-26-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll probably just buy Hem Dazon and one Sandtrooper.

jjreason
05-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Always nice to hear about new stuff showing up! I'll be excited to find them when they get to Canada - in about 4 months. :cross-eye

DarthBrandon
05-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Always nice to hear about new stuff showing up! I'll be excited to find them when they get to Canada - in about 4 months. :cross-eye

I give it six myself. :D Can't wait for a few of them myself.

Slicker
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Where exactly were these sited to warrant a thread? I've seen they've been in found in CA but he doesn't have a location listed.

whiteghost
05-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Sorry located at TRU Moline, Illinois.

Samuel Windu
05-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Sandtrooper is the only one I want:bandit:

BlueSnags
05-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Tomorrow the hunt begins.

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Yes master.:thumbsup:

Slicker
05-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Tomorrow the hunt begins.Same here I think.

They're in Illinois so that means they should make it to the east coast soon!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
I went to Frank and Sons today and saw the entire Tatooine Wave and I must say they look fabulous, both carded and uncarded. Hasbro is really doing a great job on their new saga line of figures. Of course they were all way over priced (but I found a guy who was selling that sandtrooper for 7 so I snagged that one) but it was really nice just to see what they look like and usually when they have 'em it means they should be showing up very soon down here in So. Cal if not already. Kinda just a heads up that they should be around and they look GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
05-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Tomorrow the hunt begins.

And today the hunt is now...over.:pleased:

figrin bran
05-27-2006, 07:23 PM
forget about F&S! the tatooine wave has been found in los angeles already. i found part of the wave at WM. Crunchy Nug and BlueSnags have also found them but i'm not sure at which store.

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I hate you.:hurt:

JON9000
05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm looking forward to picking up an R5, Hem Dazon, and yet another Sandtrooper. The POTJ Sandy knocked me for a loop it was so cool. The thought of an even better one makes me :D

For all of the complaining about Hasbro, I'm happier with the overall level of product than I have ever been!!!

Turbowars
05-27-2006, 09:22 PM
forget about F&S! the tatooine wave has been found in los angeles already. i found part of the wave at WM. Crunchy Nug and BlueSnags have also found them but i'm not sure at which store.I don't think Crunchy found them today, but Blue did and he was so nice to give them to me. What a nice guy HUH? Then I woke up. No really I did see them and they all look very cool. If there's one figure out of the wave to get it's R5! Damn he's cool.

bobafrett
05-28-2006, 09:16 PM
I guess I will have to check my Wally World stock tomorrow morning. I haven't had a new figure fix in a while. Can't get enough of a Star Wars figure fix!!!!!

TheDarthVader
05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
It will probably be another month before I ever see any of these around here. :(

B.
TDV

Warstar
05-31-2006, 03:32 AM
I hope this isn't old news but-

I found an R5-D4 tonight with a Red Kneeling Rebel Gunner holographic figure.

Yep. The Reds are out!

Good luck! :)

Slicker
05-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeah, from here on out all of the figures are gonna have red holos. Even the repacks of earlier figures are gonna be updated with the new red holos thus making the life of completists (myself NOT among them) that much tougher...and more expensive.

Lazer Brain
05-31-2006, 11:25 AM
YES! I found all of them at my target Monday.R5 ROCKS!!!! and trooper will be the one to get.
later

jedi_riccan
05-31-2006, 12:27 PM
These are reasons why I stopped being a completist....

Samuel Windu
05-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah, from here on out all of the figures are gonna have red holos. Even the repacks of earlier figures are gonna be updated with the new red holos thus making the life of completists (myself NOT among them) that much tougher...and more expensive.

Which repack figure now with red holo?

Slicker
05-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Which repack figure now with red holo?The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Cody and Vader. I'm sure there'll be more as the waves come out but those two are in my mind right now.

Rogue II
05-31-2006, 01:51 PM
The Snowtrooper is back out with red-holos.

JON9000
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Whenever was there a "red holo" in the films? I therefore decree that these trinkets be known henceforth as "stupid little red statues that are used to justify a higher price point."

I love them :love:

Every collector I know also has a serious love of these things. And they offer great play value for children.

Warstar
05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
*SIGH*

I am glad I am not a completist anymore, either- I just thought the kneeling Red Rebel Fleet Trooper looked pretty coll as opposed to the Blue one :)

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Whenever was there a "red holo" in the films? I therefore decree that these trinkets be known henceforth as "stupid little red statues that are used to justify a higher price point."Henceforth? They already are!

I love them :love:

Every collector I know also has a serious love of these things. And they offer great play value for children.Oh, is your sarcasm-meter running at full blast or have we just never met before? ;)

JON9000
05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Henceforth? They already are!

Oh, is your sarcasm-meter running at full blast or have we just never met before? ;)

I could only use so many blue ones!!! Now I can have red ones. I could even have a battle between my red ones and blue ones. I completely understand now. I love these little guys. I don't even know why they bother having those bigger, articulated figures on the other side of the package.

tagmac
06-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Stopped in Target on the way to work, right after they opened this morning, and found one Momaw Nadon, which I left. Was a little disappointed, since it seemes they had at least one case of these out yesterday (the one day this week I wasn't in there, but at least I know they're out. All I really want is Luke, R5-D4, and Hem Dazon, but I was surprised that the Han Solo figure wasn't there, seeing as how it's a re-pack of a figure I think we all have 10 times over already. Frustrated I'll be too busy to hunt this weekend, so I guess I'll have to wait til next week.

Banthaholic
06-03-2006, 02:31 AM
These were found by me at Wal-mart today.

tagmac
06-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Just got back from Target, and it looked like they just put a case out. Got R5-D4, Floppy hat Luke, Hem Dazon, Garindan, and a Sandtrooper. Left Han, Vader, and another Sandtrooper on the pegs. Ironically, the one figure they didn't have was Momaw Nadon, the only one of this series they did have when I last checked there a week ago.