PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars on Family Guy

K M Toydarian
05-31-2006, 04:17 AM
Just got around to watching the first part of the Family Guy Season Finale, and a Star Wars reference I had to mention.
Peter gets a news segment where he discusses what ticks him off and one thing is "when he can't find the droids he's looking for". It then cuts to 2 Stormtroopers eating in front of the TV and one says "Yeah, Me too. What gives with that?"
Just though it was pretty good and wanted to share!

Slicker
05-31-2006, 06:13 AM
My personal fave is when he has Boba Fett living in his beard with the baby birds.

bobafrett
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
There are several Star Wars references in Family Guy. I always perk up when I hear or see a SW saying.

scruffziller
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
My personal fave is when he has Boba Fett living in his beard with the baby birds.

How about the one where Peter is the Taun Taun and Han slices open Peter for Luke to crawl into. "Don't worry, your just slicing into fat....":D

Rocketboy
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
There are so many great Star Wars jokes all over Family Guy.
I loved Peter's medal ceremony after he saved Horace from the buring bar.
Complete with music, Chewie, Artoo, Threepio, and Star Wars end titles.

Kidhuman
05-31-2006, 04:49 PM
The Tusken Raider choir is damn funny too.

Ji'dai
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
yeah, and when the Sandpeople all scatter, they pan to Obi-Wan comforting Peter "don't worry, they always return... and in greater numbers!"

Jargo
05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
isn't there an emperor bit when cleveland discovers that quagmire boned loretta and the emperor is goading cleveland and peter turns to the emperor and says "nah, you're not helping"

i might have episodes and even shows mixed up here though. I'm verry sleepy right now

Rocketboy
05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Actually, that episode was on Cartoon Network last night.
(and it's Lois that shoves the Emperor down)

bobafrett
05-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I like the one where Peter is holding the Star Wars glass, and if I remember correctly I cringed when the glass was dropped or knocked out of Peters hand and it shatters.

Jargo
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Actually, that episode was on Cartoon Network last night.
(and it's Lois that shoves the Emperor down)Close then. :thumbsup: Just got through episodes 14-17 of season five (by the numbering system used at familyguyfiles.com). peterotica, you may now kiss the... uh... guy who recieves, petergeist and untitled griffin family history.

not the strongest of episodes. fewer laughs. quagmires voice in peterotica is off. or at least at the beginning of the ep. but the show does seem to have peaked with season three. from my perspective. not that it's bad, just weaker, thinned and a little transparent in patches. like an old comic. the rancor scene in peterotica is not that good. like a stock gag that was only mildly amusing to begin with and now creaks and groans with effort..

doing something unexpected with an iconic creature like the rancor might have worked better. maybe even been funny.