PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Hasbro about Star Wars?

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Post your questions here, and try to be as precise as possible. We have only a few days for this one.

Also, please let me know what questions from other users you think should be asked, I have to sift through the questions and come up with a short-list.

First question is mine:

Are there more new Vintage-Style figures coming?

Rogue II
05-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Will there deluxe line or beast assortment ever return?

(at this point, get on your knees and beg for a new ROTJ speeder bike and a Yarna/Hermie Odle two-pack and say "pretty please! I'll be your best friend! How about a new Dewback?")

ShinGodConvoy
05-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Will we get a resculped Wicket? One smaller in size and more proportionate to his physical features in the movie.

Slicker
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Is there any hope whatsoever of us getting an AT-TE?

Also the vintage question is a good one JT. Most everyone wants to know if this line is gonna continue.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Will there deluxe line or beast assortment ever return?

(at this point, get on your knees and beg for a new ROTJ speeder bike and a Yarna/Hermie Odle two-pack and say "pretty please! I'll be your best friend! How about a new Dewback?")

I suspect Hasbro won't go for twofer questions, but I'll give it my best.

Not trying to be rude, but please avoid all the non-question stuff - if you want to ask about those pieces, form it as a question - but because of the time crunch I'm going to need to sift through this thread quickly so it needs to be organized (I know, "...for once!" :p).

Turbowars
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
If there will be more Vintage figures, who will they be?

Where's the Cloud Car?

Which characters will be included with the Tin sets?

Will the Shock trooper ever be singly carded?

Tell them thank you very much for R5-D4!!!

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
This is questions, not thankings. :p

Here's another one from me, not especially important IMO but I figured I'd throw out whatever was on my mind:
Will there be other colored holograms or will the pack-in change to something else?

Turbowars
05-31-2006, 07:07 PM
This is questions, not thankings. :p

Here's another one from me, not especially important IMO but I figured I'd throw out whatever was on my mind:
Will there be other colored holograms or will the pack-in change to something else?Hey now you are being rude!;)

The real question should be will you ever get rid of the cheap holo pack-ins?

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Diplomatic as ever Turbo. ;)

darthfloyd
05-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Has the success of EU troopers (esp. the Scorch) been enough to push forth with EU characters (troopers and otherwise) from the comics and books? Most importantly (to me, anyway) would be redone versions of the wave that was done in the late 90's (minus the imperial sentinel), comic characters (Quinlan Vos, Tag and Bink :-) ), the rest of Delta squad (maybe this time with articulated knees, ankles and shoulders), and maybe even a third clone wars line (padme in one of her two non-pregnant outfits, Saesee Tiin with clone armor and removeable helmet, Cartoon foul moudama and roron corrob, palpatine, Shaak ti, Aayla Secura, Sha Gi, Ki-Adi, Royal Guards, Clone Pilots, Episode 3 helmeted Arc Troopers, Scuba Troopers, and a deluxe two pack with Yoda and his mount, or Mace and a Vulture droid).

I also second the vehicle question, listing it as:

Does hasbro have any plans to make the ATTE (and possibly an ATTE Drop ship), a V-wing, a V-19 Torrent (from the CW cartoons) and/or a Theta class shuttle?

darthverbo
05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Hasbro,
Are you planning on releasing more UGH figures in future assortments. I have been to the stores day and night. I have ordered boxes from wholesalers that were canceled. When I do find boxes they have already been opened by sclapers and put on EBAY.
I have 2 of every single figure Hasbro has made the last 10 years and feel like I am being punished. I am still missing a couple of UGH figures. Please consider adding them to future assortments. I just want to be able to have a chance at these figures and it seems they were here and gone far too quickly. HELP! and Thanks,

Matt V
Bloomington, IL

darthfloyd
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
I forgot one I really wanted to ask.

In the new waves of unleashed figures that come out, are any of the following planned? ( I ask because each of these usually [when I look for them anyway] go for between 55-200 or 300 dollars.)
-Original Darth Maul
-Yoda (by himself)
-Vader (without Helmet, coming out of meditation chamber)

Nightbeat
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
1. Can we expect more expanded universe figures like Kir Kanos? Mara Jade could use an update as well as Dash Rendar,and the whole cast from Knights of the Old Republic. Thanks for Kir Kanos by the way!

2. Will we get more vintage style offerings?

starwarsfan1
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Is there any chance of getting a brand new vehicle ever? I dont mean a repainted vehicle I mean a brand new sculpt. Also are there going to be more of the 7" Unleashed line and if yes what are they and when will they be released?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
What are their thoughts on ToyFare's Fans Choice poll/list? Are they going to make the figure no matter what wins?

Any chance we can get some rare figures to be re-released instead of the crap they're re-releasing now? (Last wave of POTF2, last few waves of Episode I, etc.)

Bacta Beast
05-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Are you aware, and do you care about the frustration you create amongst your faithful customers by making poor decisions regarding case assortments (not enough Scorchs) and desigh/repack choices?

You have to know that alot of fans can't even find a Scorch. this problem could be remedied very quickly by making a decision to include Scorch a two per case ratio in the next asst. But, I know you probably won't. Why?!!! What would it hurt to give the fans what they want?!!!
Everyone knows you like re-packs, that's good and fine but why do you keep re-releasing the same sculpts of a particular character? For example why re-release the same same Vader sculpt (500th) twice in the same line? Why couldn't you use the Evolution or VOTC version for one of them? Likewise Anakin. Why re-use the same terrible sculpt over and over, (twice at one time currently) and completely ignore the Evolution version? I would gladly plunk down my cash for another couple copies of that sculpt.

Tycho
05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Will there ever be a Mouse Droid 5-pack? :D

Banthaholic
05-31-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Star Tours line, any chance for a wave 5, even if it was just a Star Tours Carded R2, Ackbar, or 3-P0?

ShinGodConvoy
05-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Do you plan on making a purple Gonk droid (the one in the Lars homestead when Luke is looking down to answer Beru on IV)

ShinGodConvoy
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Why do you keep giving Luke accentuated lips?

El Chuxter
05-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Three that many, myself included, have asked:

1) Are we ever going to get even 1/4 of Padme's outfits?

2) Any chance for resculpted Mace Windu, Jedi Luke, and Qui-Gon Jinn?

3) For the love of God, give us Unleashed Lando and Qui-Gon or we'll kick you in the shins!!!

And, to go with Banthaholic's suggestion, can you throw in a Teek? (Heck, many would jump at the chance to get Ree Yees at a decent price in that set. It's a good idea.)

ShinGodConvoy
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Will ever get a super-articulated version of:
Jango Fett
Mace Windu
EP I Obi Wan
EP II Obi wan
Padme (fully clothes white outfit from EP II)
Qui-gon
Barriss Offee
EP II-III Yoda

...maybe new Evolutions sets that could include these?

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't forget to point me to others' questions that you think need to be answered most, ya selfish joiks!

ShinGodConvoy
05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Will you re-release the Saga landspeeder (preferably with more accurate colors like the Titanium version?)

Jargo
05-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Mid and small scale vehicles - what are the prospects for seeing some land/air speeders and swoops in the next year or so? Bail Organa's ROS airspeeder and Owen Lars ANH V-35 landspeeder especially.

Not all of us want war with our figures, some just want transportation for 'em.

Umbra
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
1. What is the future of Star Wars Expanded Universe offerings from Hasbro?

2. What was the outcome of Toyfare's Fan Choice Poll. What are their opinions on it. Will we see anything else come from it or perhaps another similar poll at some point?

Darth Amaru
05-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Any chance of a 'Knights of the Old Republic' action figure in the near future?? The games were hugely successful... I'd think the figures would do well, too.

darthfloyd
05-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey, I pointed to one! I even amended it to include more than it originally did!

didgeboy
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Hasbro;
Are we going get a Cloud Car to to with our Cloud Car Pilot?
Will we ever see the rest of the Cantina denizens as figures?
What about new vehicles; Lambda Class Shuttle, Lars Speeder.
Cheers.

Darth Flounder
05-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Is there any chance of getting a Star Destroyer or (dare I ask?) a Super Star Destroyer in the Titanium Ultra Series?

figrin bran
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
i will point to 3

Any chance of a 'Knights of the Old Republic' action figure in the near future?? The games were hugely successful... I'd think the figures would do well, too.

2) Any chance for resculpted Mace Windu, Jedi Luke, and Qui-Gon Jinn?

and maybe even a third clone wars line (padme in one of her two non-pregnant outfits, Saesee Tiin with clone armor and removeable helmet, Cartoon foul moudama and roron corrob, palpatine, Shaak ti, Aayla Secura, Sha Gi, Ki-Adi, Royal Guards, Clone Pilots, Episode 3 helmeted Arc Troopers, Scuba Troopers, and a deluxe two pack with Yoda and his mount, or Mace and a Vulture droid).

Turbowars
06-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Is there any chance of getting a Star Destroyer or (dare I ask?) a Super Star Destroyer in the Titanium Ultra Series?You ask and you shall receive.

TheDarthVader
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Future of the vintage series?

New vehicles (as in never before released ships etc) coming out?

How many more unleashed figures (7") are planned before the end of 06?

Any new electronic lightsabers coming out (sidious's saber is of interest)?

How many more 3 3/4" SAGA figures are planned before the end of 06?

B.
TDV

Darth Mina
06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Is there a chance of getting case assorments of only trooper figures like 2 Stormtroopers 2 Scouts 2 well you get the point

SpartansOnFire
06-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Is there any possibility of bringing some old back and making new vehicles such as the Naboo Starfighter or an AT-TE?

Rogue II
06-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Any chance we can get some rare figures to be re-released instead of the crap they're re-releasing now? (Last wave of POTF2, last few waves of Episode I, etc.)

Are there more new Vintage-Style figures coming?

Will there be a Cloud Car?

And, I'll revise mine:

Will there deluxe figure line ever return?

dxdave
06-01-2006, 01:25 AM
1) Will there ever be plans to create figure storage cases like an improvement on the old snap-shut tray vinyl cases from the 70's/80's? (maybe not exactly like them, rather something different other than the Vader or C-3PO cases to store all of these figures and accessories)

2) I've seen it posted many times already, but any more vehicles planned other than boring re-paints? (AT-TE, Jabba's Sail Barge, a new Dagobah playset.....any other playsets??)

3) I also had problems shelling out extra money on missing UGH figures and unfound Unleashed figures (both masked and unmasked Vaders, Yoda, Boba, Han)--re-released cards of those would be great for the many of us that hate paying more than retail on the secondary market. Any hopes?

4) Finally....please continue to make more of the Expanded Universe line......I read all the novels, reference guides, comics and play some of the video games.....I know there's a market out there that would love to see more of the non-film characters.

Thanks for allowing us to share our questions/comments, Sir Steve!!!

Dave

Tycho
06-01-2006, 01:35 AM
Why do you keep giving Luke accentuated lips?

That is his sister-kissing action feature. Hahaha. :D

Kidhuman
06-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Some I will go with:

Unleahsed Lando Wui-Gon?

AT-TE?

Vintage style?

Deluxe figures?

Winner of the poll?

When is the KH figure coming out, many requests, no data

Turbowars
06-01-2006, 01:59 AM
I read at Yoda's News that Hasbro will not answer question on future products, so whats the point? Do they really want to answer a million question why no one could find the Ugh figures or why they keep repacking that damn Han? JT what's the story here.

darthfloyd
06-01-2006, 02:01 AM
That is his sister-kissing action feature. Hahaha. :D

Well, at least we all know now...

Darth Flounder
06-01-2006, 05:49 AM
You ask and you shall receive.

True, True, True.

Howevever, I am hoping for the Star Destroyers in the Ultra line, currently only having the Slave One, ARC 1170, Driod Tri-Fighter, and an AT-AT on my local shelves. My shelves are covered with small Star Destroyers, and one large one from the Electronic Fleet.

dindae
06-01-2006, 09:03 AM
We saw pictures of the "demise of boba fett" at toyfair with 5 figure and now hear that it has 4 figure has this been changed?

I liked the senate pod included in the battle pack. How likely is it that we can get more "playset" pieces in this way? Or better yet actual playsets?

Will we see more online multipacks like the astromech droids and clone troopers if so any that can be confirmed?

What happened to the HasbroToyShop.com one of every figure program?

What happened to the promise that army builders would continue to be restocked on HasbroToyShop.com as long as they sell well?

There has long been the solid rumor of Padme in Ilum outfit as a Target exclusive. Will this be "cartoon" or "real" figure?

Previously asked questions

Vintage line continue?
New vehicles? Cloud Car? AT-TE? V-Wing?
More Padmes?

dindae
06-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Forgot to ask

The Endor was rumored to have an Endor Luke and Rebel Trooper in it. Were these figures delayed or cancelled or just a rumor? Were they new sculpts or repacks?

Droid
06-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Why do you act like everything is a big secret all the time and refuse to comment on future figures likely to be made? Why is it easier to get a straight answer out of political nominees before the Senate than you?

When will the ToyFare winner be announced (bet they won't answer this question).

You know they'll just answer all questions with: it's something we've looked at, probably not, and we're not ruling that out.

Jangu Fett
06-01-2006, 10:48 AM
2 questions

1) Will there be more Star Wars Transformers?

2) Are there any plans to bring back the Micro Machine line?

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Will Hasbro be nore forthcoming with super-articulated figures in the future?

Are there more re-paints of the #41 sculpt Clone Trooper such as the 501st in the works?

Can we expect to see other Clone Troopers/Commanders such as ARC Troopers, Neyo and Fox and their legions done in super-articulation?

can we hope to see a no battle-damage #41 Clone Trooper?

Will Hasbro PLEASE start doing ALL of the figures in super-articulation?

JediGoofy
06-01-2006, 11:15 AM
What Hasbro thinks about the Titanium Series line? Did you expect its success (if you think it is a success)? Are you satisfied with it? What do you think about the future of this line? And, while we are at it, what about the Titanium Ultra? :D

Speaking of the future WOTC Starship Battles miniatures: can you clarify what is the meaning of the sentence in the WOTC product catalogue: "the starships in this set are presented in relative scale to each other"? Do you mean every starship is in the same scale ("from starfighters to capital ships")? Or there will be a different scale for each different type of starships (a scale for starfighters, a scale for capital ships, etc.)? :crazed:

2) Are there any plans to bring back the Micro Machine line?
I second also this question from JF above. :yes:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Lord Malakite
06-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Any chance we'll see an Emperor's Wrath Luke Skywalker or Emperor's Wrath Mace Windu figure with force lightning effects equivlent to the Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader from the POTJ line?

Will a new Spirit of Anakin Skywalker figure resembling Hayden from the ROTJ DVD Edition be released?

I think any questions previously mentioned involving possible new expanded universe figures should be asked.

2-1B
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
"How's it taste to flop with the Unleashed Battle Packs when anyone could have warned you not to change the format in the first place?"

TheDarthVader
06-01-2006, 12:20 PM
"How's it taste to flop with the Unleashed Battle Packs when anyone could have warned you not to change the format in the first place?"

I think this is the best question yet. :D

B.
TDV

cwman
06-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm somewhat new here. My question is about price increases.

Why does Hasbro jack up the price on figures after a movie is gone from the theaters?
I know when the movies are out the figures are like $5.50 but when the movies are gone they get jacked up in price to like $7.00. I am ready to buy way more figures at the $5.50 price but when it becomes $7.00 I'm very selective in what I buy. And I understand the thing about not having a movie to promote the product, but I think it hurts the collecting more when there is a price increase and less product on the shelves.

dindae
06-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Since i just picked up the gunship, can we get a rerelease of the AOTC clone pilot w/ turrets?

Darth Cruel
06-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Welcome cwman!

joe-da
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Would you be able to re-release the Kenner "Death Star Space Station" and/or the "Dagobah" playset, or comparable versions (since the tooling probably doesn't exist anymore)?

vader68
06-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Would you be able to re-release the Kenner "Death Star Space Station" and/or the "Dagobah" playset, or comparable versions (since the tooling probably doesn't exist anymore)?

I second this one, as well as adding any other kind of playsets. Maybe something from Hoth?

Also I agee with other posts about the case assortments, why can't they add more of the clone troopers and the ones they know are going to sell fast, so everyone can get them?:yes:

darthfloyd
06-01-2006, 03:51 PM

I place a vote on that one right there!

Tonywankenobi
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Will hasbro re-release the ATOC galactic heros? My son who is 3 loves them but I cant and couldnt find them anywhere. Ebay is terrible and online shops are asking upto 40 bucks a set.

carl8s
06-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Is there a chance we get characters from episode I, II and III in vintage style cards? My list would be:
Episode I: Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Queen Amidala.
Episode II: Count Dooku, Clone Trooper, Jango Fett, Yoda
Episode III: Anakin, Grievous, Mace Windu, Palpatine

El Chuxter
06-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I second that emotion, but I'd throw in Ani and Obi for AOTC (instead of Dooku and the Clonetrooper) and Obi and a random Jedi for ROTS (instead of Ani and Palps). That way we get the most super-articulated figures possible for our collections. :)

whiteghost
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
1. Will there be a return of the evolutions line with new figures, it was great?

2. Any chance on future accessory pack releases? I have a few busted removable blade sabers from the AOTC, Saga & ROTS line.

3. Are there many more expanded universe figs to come? We will all bow down and beg.

4. If you intend on releasing new EU figures how about rereleasing the late 1990's EU figures in a box set or two?

mtriv73
06-01-2006, 06:10 PM
1. Hasbro, what is your vision of the future of this line? Are you going to maintain the status quo, go toward a more collector oriented line, or slowly phase it out over the next few years?

2. The titanium line seems to be selling very well this year. What are the chances of getting some ships such as the TIE defender (which you have already done in another line with very limited release), Mon calmari cruisers, Tantive IV, and maybe a frigate for good measure.

3. Will there be any more of those fantastic custom chopper sets that I see piled to the ceiling every time I go to wal-mart?

4. Did you despise the way Philip Wise ran his campaign for fan club president as much as I did?

darthfloyd
06-01-2006, 06:25 PM
See, I'd make it a 5 fig vintage set for each film:
Episode 1: Queen Amidala, Qui-gon, Obi-wan, Maul, Mace
Episode 2: Padme (white outfit), Anakin, Clone Trooper, Dooku, Jango
Episode 3: Clone trooper, Grievous, anakin, Obiwan, Sidious

ShinGodConvoy
06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Will there be any more Mcquarrie concept figures or even a re-release of the stormtrooper?

ShinGodConvoy
06-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Will there be a "clean" version of R5-D4?

Reefer Shark
06-02-2006, 12:17 AM

I'll second this one. Especially the Dagobah playset. Re-release it with updated paint, and replace the foam with something else.

Will the Shock trooper ever be singly carded?

Hey bro, ask and you shall receive: Theres two in this case listed at EE:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87181C

My question is more of a request: Please stop with this "UGH" nonsense.. enough is enough.

Phantom-like Menace
06-02-2006, 12:19 AM
What happened to the promise that army builders would continue to be restocked on HasbroToyShop.com as long as they sell well?

I think this is the million dollar question. I second any question that might light a fire to Hasbro's *** on the poor management of the toy shop site.

Also, maybe Hasbro hasn't noticed they have not done so yet despite several attempts but will Hasbro ever make Mace Windu's actual lightsaber from Episodes I and II?

dxdave
06-02-2006, 12:29 AM
One last comment from me.....

We've had re-paints, re-sculpts, new cards with old figures, UGH figures with blue and now red hologram figures (great concept, but overdone) UGH chase figures with silly silver bases and silver mini figures-----try to stay original!!

The market is THERE for you.....try to pump out better things than chopper bikes....my four-year old boy didn't even want that Darth Vader toy!

Please----more playsets and new, not-already-made vehicles....Many of us will buy!!

dindae
06-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I can't believe I forgot.

How are those Tonnikas comin'?

JON9000
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Will we get end pieces to the Cantina bar? Please?

Are there any plans to re-release the POTJ B-wing

Devo
06-02-2006, 04:32 PM
1) Dioramas - more likely to be known as 'playsets' although I don't like the connotations of that word (superfluous missile launching features and whatnot)

Has Hasbro ever discussed the idea of modular pieces that could be bought seperately and assembled to create a movie accurate diorama? A context for so many of our figures that are just standing on shelves.

Or as I've talked about before in Dear Hasbro - disembodied sections of larger vehicles that cannot otherwise be made to scale. For example - the Millenium Falcon cockpit - made in proper scale with the figures.

2) I reinforce requests for the continuance of VOTC/Evolutions style figures for both OT and PT.

Umbra
06-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I saw it asked at least once previosly in this topic i believe, btu I want tto restate it to show my support for the question:

What is the future of the Evolutions line of figure sets?

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Well, this thread is a disaster. I have 2 and a half hours to cull these down to 3 usable questions and get them sent out, and between the sheer volume and almost nobody voting for previous questions, I have serious doubts whether I can cull a single handful of clear, concise messages out of this debacle.

IF ANYBODY WISHES TO VOTE ON PREVIOUS QUESTIONS, NOW IS THE TIME, VOTE FOR 3.

I read at Yoda's News that Hasbro will not answer question on future products, so whats the point? Do they really want to answer a million question why no one could find the Ugh figures or why they keep repacking that damn Han? JT what's the story here.What they specifically said was:

Also, while Hasbro welcomes any and all questions regarding past and present product lines, they reserve the right to refrain from answering any questions that may otherwise divulge proprietary information related to future products.
This is the same type of response we always get from them, yet every question gets super specifc anyway like there's some sort of surprise about it.

El Chuxter
06-02-2006, 05:51 PM
1) Future of EU figures?

2) Future of Vintage-styled figures (especially prequel characters)?

3) Future of beasts?

Umbra
06-02-2006, 06:04 PM
1) What is the future of EU Offerings from Hasbro?

2) What is the future for the Evolutions line?

3) Any comments on the results of the Toy Fare Fan choice poll, how it was run, what we may see from it, and if we may see another similar poll?

LTBasker
06-02-2006, 06:24 PM
1: What is the future of Vintage-styled figures?
2: What is the future for the Evolutions line?
3: What is the future of beasts?

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Alright, I've got the questions together for this week's volley. I think we're gonna have to figure out a way to organize this better, but for now please keep voting for previous questions you'd most like to see answered.

Slicker
06-02-2006, 07:04 PM
1: What is the future of Vintage-styled figures?
2: What are the odds of us getting any large sized vehicles (i.e. AT-TE)
3: What is the future of beasts?

2-1B
06-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I hope my Unleashed question makes the cut as it's been voted for by at least 3 individuals! (myself included)

:)

Devo
06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Is there any chance of getting a brand new vehicle ever? I dont mean a repainted vehicle I mean a brand new sculpt.

Future of Vintage-styled figures (also prequel characters)?

I liked the senate pod included in the battle pack. How likely is it that we can get more "playset" pieces in this way? Or better yet actual playsets?

And if anyone wants to quote my Millenium Falcon cockpit idea please feel free :thumbsup:

Edit - hang on...10:49pm plus 2 and half hours....uh oh...

Alright, I've got the questions together for this week's volley. I think we're gonna have to figure out a way to organize this better, but for now please keep voting for previous questions you'd most like to see answered.

Ah..didn't see this post first time round. Thats OK then.

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm afraid I didn't get to the chief vehicles question, there were so many posts to wade through that I simply missed putting it in the list as a major contender. This is the problem with so many unusuable posts in this thread which I had to sort through, some stuff gets lost in the shuffle.

I did get in questions about the future of vintage-style, EU figures, and new playsets, as well as suggesting alternates for evolutions, beasts, and case assortment problems.

Anyway, keep letting me know which questions you feel need to most be asked, and if you have an idea for a better organization of the questions thread, please let me know.

I hope my Unleashed question makes the cut as it's been voted for by at least 3 individuals! (myself included)

:)No, and you're a selfish *** for wasting my time with it, knowing full well I'm not going to risk this site's reputation with something that is only going to further strain our relationship with Hasbro, not to mention taking away from a question that has an actual chance of being answered since this so blatantly won't be.

Devo
06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Well theres a similar thread running over at rebelscum where much the same questions are being asked so I expect peoples pertinent Qs will be addressed courtesy of one site or another.

As to questions being posted here we do need people coming up with new questions and not merely quoting other peoples questions otherwise there'd actually be no previously asked questions of which to quote. Its a whole chicken and egg scenario. I suppose it'd be nifty if each person came up with one or two completely new sculpts (questions) but included at least one repack (quote of someone elses question) in their posts :D - that way you'd be able to see a pattern of which questions are proving popular while also providing ripe food for thought that could become the pertinent questions for next week.

Of course then theres the issue of how do you remind newcomers to the thread of what questions have in fact already been put to Hasbro and which they therefore needn't bother asking here again. So for example - need we ask about Vintage style figures, EU figures and playsets anymore in this thread?

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 11:06 PM
I guess I was hoping I wasn't going to have to moderate the thread so heavily, you know? That folks would understand that, just like the last dozen or so Q&As we've had with Hasbro, they never answer specifics so finesse and care is required to get their questions responded to, and with that would come concise, clear questions that folks would want to hop on board with. I seem to have expected too much. ;)

I suppose I can do a more-controlled thread, make a master list of questions, edit them down into something truly usable. Let's see what happens with Hasbro's first answer session though, this may not even work out.

TheDarthVader
06-02-2006, 11:22 PM
No, and you're a selfish *** for wasting my time with it, knowing full well I'm not going to risk this site's reputation with something that is only going to further strain our relationship with Hasbro, not to mention taking away from a question that has an actual chance of being answered since this so blatantly won't be.

Well I think I know why he is doing that. We have this kind of thread year after year and every time it's the same ole thing. And every time, after this breif "q and a" with Hasbro, we never get any concise answers. We never have any information that sheds much light on what is coming in the future. We receive dull *** answers that are similar to what someone posted a few pages back like "not at this time", "we have not ruled that out", and "no". I mean it's TOYS we are talking about. We are not asking Hasbro when they plan to drop a bomb or to give up trade secrets or anything. I don't see how telling us about some future plans is going to hurt the company.
So, although Caesar is not being serious, I think he makes a good point. It is sad when there are 15 or more forumites here, including myself, who could run the Hasbro Star Wars toy production better than the idiots at Hasbro. We know what people want and at what prices. I hope someone at Habro is reading this right now.

B.
TDV

2-1B
06-02-2006, 11:35 PM
The name calling was not necessary, shame on you JT. Way to follow the rules. Something about a personal attack but whatever. :mad:

And WTF are you talking about anyway, it was a serious question because Hasbro sucked for taking away the Unleashed line for whatever reasons, replacing it with that STUPID battle pack line of crap, yet just the other day I saw a fresh load of regular Unleashed on the shelves and thought wow, way to think that one through Hasbro.

Sorry for not being in the loop on this matter of "reputation" or other matters of "relationships" when we're talking about toys for Chrissakes. ;)

TDV pretty much nailed it in his post, thank you TDV, except that I was being serious in asking because I'd like to know what they thought of resurrecting a line after substituting it with junk. Other people brought up "junk"y items like those Choppers that are also shelf warmer just like the Unleashed battle packs but anyway, I don't know why I'm bothering with this further. lol

That's hilarious that you think I know full well a question like that won't be answered when you yourself are saying that Hasbro is tight lipped and needs to be finessed into answering questions, even though they seem to have a history of not doing that in the past. Seems like a big waste of time, then. :crazed:

Jango Speck
06-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Caesar,

I think you are being really pigheaded regarding this matter. Obviously no one is going to ask Hasbro your question because of the way you phrased it. Try acting less internet-forum-macho and write a polite question that has a chance of getting a response. No one is going to answer an antagonistic "Why do you guys suck?" type of question, but they might answer "What are your plans regarding the lack of success with X...and the consumer damand for Y?" You know that saying about catching more flies with honey instead of vinegar?

2-1B
06-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Give me their number, I'll ask them. lol

Good luck with your pot o' honey, Hasbro ain't answerin' jack when they are lobbed softballs like that. :crazed:

Jango Speck
06-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Oink :lipsrsealed:

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 02:49 AM
Well I think I know why he is doing that. We have this kind of thread year after year and every time it's the same ole thing. And every time, after this breif "q and a" with Hasbro, we never get any concise answers. We never have any information that sheds much light on what is coming in the future. We receive dull *** answers that are similar to what someone posted a few pages back like "not at this time", "we have not ruled that out", and "no". I mean it's TOYS we are talking about. We are not asking Hasbro when they plan to drop a bomb or to give up trade secrets or anything. I don't see how telling us about some future plans is going to hurt the company.
So, although Caesar is not being serious, I think he makes a good point. It is sad when there are 15 or more forumites here, including myself, who could run the Hasbro Star Wars toy production better than the idiots at Hasbro. We know what people want and at what prices. I hope someone at Habro is reading this right now.Of course, yet you guys KEEP posting in these threads anyway. Everybody who feels that way yet posted anyway made a choice to do so, I didn't force anybody to use this thread.

Yeah, Hasbro makes a lot of stupid choices on our beloved SW line and doesn't own up to them, SW Custom Choppers are another good example, but I'm not Hasbro, posting nasty comments about it here won't catch their eye one bit.

And WTF are you talking about anyway, it was a serious question because Hasbro sucked for taking away the Unleashed line for whatever reasons, replacing it with that STUPID battle pack line of crap, yet just the other day I saw a fresh load of regular Unleashed on the shelves and thought wow, way to think that one through Hasbro.I didn't say your question wasn't serious, I said it was a selfish waste of our time to ask that it be considered. It's a little ironic that you are taking Hasbro to task for making an admittedly stupid mistake that they should have had the foresight to know better than to make, when by posting that question in such a way that it would never get answered, you were doing the same thing.

I was being serious in asking because I'd like to know what they thought of resurrecting a line after substituting it with junk.If you were really serious about asking that question, you wouldn't have formed it in a blatantly offensive manner.

Caes, the Hasbro phone number is 800)327-8264, why don't you call them up and see how far you get with your question worded exactly as it is. Until then, stop wasting our time.

JimJamBonds
06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
It was a fair question, granted it could have been phrased better.

Remember we are talking about toys here, I think all parties should go find a corner and take a time out.

Turbowars
06-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Alright, I've got the questions together for this week's volley. I think we're gonna have to figure out a way to organize this better, but for now please keep voting for previous questions you'd most like to see answered.Maybe I missed it, but what are the question you will be asking? I wonder if it would be too big of a deal to get together with other sites like RS and make sure we aren't asking the same questions, you know get more bang for the buck.

Anyways, here's what I would like answered

Future of Vintage figures
Future of Evolution packs
Will we ever see the curved Cantina bar section

2-1B
06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I didn't say your question wasn't serious, I said it was a selfish waste of our time to ask that it be considered. It's a little ironic that you are taking Hasbro to task for making an admittedly stupid mistake that they should have had the foresight to know better than to make, when by posting that question in such a way that it would never get answered, you were doing the same thing.

You didn't say the asking was selfish, you said I was a selfish censored word for asking it. Nice of ya. :p

****. :D

Caes, the Hasbro phone number is (800)327-8264, why don't you call them up and see how far you get with your question worded exactly as it is. Until then, stop wasting our time.

Thanks, I'll call Monday. :)

edit: OKAY, sorry for causing trouble, can we please go back to having fun now? :)

Banthaholic
06-03-2006, 08:19 PM
1. Any future for Star Tours wave 5, I'd love more droids but wouldn't mind a Star Tours carded R2, 3-P0, Ackbar, or even a generic x-wing pilot

2. Love the Dagobah swamp dragon, any chance for prequal beasts being released?

3. The holograms are a nice touch for the Saga Collection, but how about holograms from the 'chess' game from Ep IV?

TheDarthVader
06-04-2006, 02:09 AM
I was playing around at first, but the more I thought about it then the more I realized that Caesar's question had a lot of truth behind it. And that is why I liked it.

I am not trying to waste anyone's time. I appreciate the effort that is put forth by JT on this thread. But will this be all in vain? Hasbro probably won't tell us anything.

On that note, I would like to vote for all of the questions in turbowars's above post. 1. vintage? 2. curved piece of cantina? 3. evolution packs?

ESPECIALY THE QUESTION ABOUT THE CURVED CANTINA PIECE.

B.
TDV

darthfloyd
06-04-2006, 04:15 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that we'd be limited to 3. I figured only a small amount (i.e. 5-10), but not 3!

I say: Vehicles, Evolutions, and unleashed (what rehashes that go for hundreds on ebay are they considering as re-releases).

And don't kill me for saying it, but I kind of agree on the other unleashed question, though put in a different way. For instance, why not ask, "How have some of the failed 'experiments' (like the choppers and small unleashed) altered the lines as we will see them?" or maybe something like "why do you think those lines aren't doing as well as you hoped?"

This is always my thought: That when people tell others to "vote with your dollars," they listen. Hasbro listens too. The thing is, Hasbro constantly thinks that something not selling has a completely different reason than the consumer thinks. For instance, if the old 7 inch unleashed didn't sell, maybe that was because they used a character that wasn't really that popular (Tusken raider, Aayla) or made them with a crap sculpt or pose (boba hanging around his father's knees, Ribbon-Baton Luke). Hasbro, instead, thinks "customers don't like our product", when in fact it is one of the most popular, just not what exact versions are on the pegs. I think it would be interesting to find out why they think certain lines have "failed", as well as what the idea behind these lines were (I really do want to know who thought that luke, vader and boba on motorcycles was going to accomplish). Also, there's the question of why certain lines aren't of a larger quality, like the transformers. Why do they look great as ships, but have crap opposability (or just plain fall apart like the grievous). I have a feeling that if Hasbro put some love and care (or even some work) into making some of these pieces really kinda good (instead of making them quick, cheap, and crappy), they would actually sell some.

Finally, (half sarcastically) someone should ask them if they think that the reason they lost points last qtr was because noone could FIND Star Wars figs on the shelves. It seemed to me (in everything I read) that they hadn't even considered this a problem, but it obviously is. Last year Star Wars drove Hasbro's stock...this year has been hell even trying to find one figure half of the time.

Ok, done ranting. Those are my votes.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 05:50 PM
It was a fair question, granted it could have been phrased better. I disagree, a "fair question" doesn't ask "how does it taste to flop...", that is not something anybody would answer except maybe by kicking the questioner in the crotch. What possible answer could come of it? "Even though I am just 1 single guy and not the entire group of decisionmakers for Hasbro's Star Wars line, I know that when I think about it, it tastes sour and slightly like very old cheese." The *sentiment* behind the question might have been fair, maybe, but the presentation was anything but.

Maybe I missed it, but what are the question you will be asking? I wonder if it would be too big of a deal to get together with other sites like RS and make sure we aren't asking the same questions, you know get more bang for the buck.

Anyways, here's what I would like answered
Future of Vintage figures
Future of Evolution packs
Will we ever see the curved Cantina bar sectionYou did indeed miss it: 472885
future of vintage-style
future of EU figures
future possibilities of new playsets
as well as suggesting alternates for future of evolutions, beasts, and case assortment problems.

The curved cantina bar section question was on my radar, just not enough people asked it or voted for it this time around, but I haven't forgotten it.

As for getting together with the other sites, it's a nice idea, but unfortunately has a lot of complications (like "whose site gets credited on this question" and "we still hate SSG" ;)), but I will suggest it.

Umbra
06-04-2006, 06:51 PM
future of vintage-style
future of EU figures
future possibilities of new playsets
as well as suggesting alternates for future of evolutions, beasts, and case assortment problems.

The curved cantina bar section question was on my radar, just not enough people asked it or voted for it this time around, but I haven't forgotten it.

As for getting together with the other sites, it's a nice idea, but unfortunately has a lot of complications (like "whose site gets credited on this question" and "we still hate SSG" ;)), but I will suggest it.

If you don't mind me asking, I'm curious as to when these questions are actually being asked?

Thanks,

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
The first one was last Friday at 5. They say they will try to get back to us on every question, and will post a sampling of the replies on Hasbro.com the following Friday - whether that means the sites will get their replies before a week later remains to be seen.

dindae
06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
So did they limit th number of questions to 3? Or was that just the number of questions that you felt had "support"? I know theoretically they will spend more time on questions if we give them less, but since I would imagine we will get little to no information on any of our questions except "no plans at this time" why not give them tons of questions and maybe we can get some information from them or at least give them an idea of what we are looking for.

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 06:02 PM
They limited it to 3 per outlet, and said even that may be too much if they get a lot of responses so they asked us to put the questions in priority order. The order I posted the questions I asked above are in the order I sent them.

dindae
06-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Well I think the best thing we can do is have an update post every couple of pages with all the questions asked so it is easier to I would like to ask X but I also would like back up questions Y and Z. Because I don't want to have to reread through 10 pages of posts to find all of the previous posts. Plus if they do continue this we can keep track of questions already asked with the answers etc.

dxdave
06-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Hey Sir Steve folks--

I just want to take some space up in the forum and thank you for your efforts in working with Hasbro. It is nice to know that there is some linkage between the fan base and the "makers." :thumbsup:

I don't post all that often, but I appreciate your work!

Kidhuman
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank you Dave

JediTricks
06-06-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm thinking that with some mod help, we could compile and edit all the questions in a thread, delete the posts so they don't clog up the section, and have folks vote on which ones they want to see most. It'd be more work, but the results would come together very smoothly once that ball was rolling.

Tycho
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Well JT, I put over an hour into doing your work for you and re-listed the best questions along with their authors. Some of the authors got multiple questions that made my list I'd like to see answered, but they were grouped by subject matter (for instance, vehicles, or playsets, versus Turbowars, TheDarthVader, etc).

Meanwhile, I'd love for this thread to either be edited down or at least updated with Hasbro's answers - and likewise, we don't need a thread for Comic Con Q&A, these questions really suffice for the summer convention season unless something comes up that we need to add to the question list.

So here goes my votes:

SLICKER - Will we ever see the AT-TE for the figures?
TURBOWARS - The Cloud Car?
TURBOWARS - V-Wing
DARTH FLOYD - Torrent Starfighter (Clone Wars cartoon)
DADDYPANTS - Bail's speeder, Uncle Owen's Landspeeder?
BANTHAHOLIC - more prequel beasts (Tycho adds Sando Aqua Monster, American Eopie release, Colo Claw Fish, just for starters)

DARTH FLOYD - EU Figure Status - redo's of the late '90's, new ones?

BANTHAHOLIC - 7" Unleashed
EL CHUXTER - 7" Unleashed Qui-Gon and Lando Specifically

BANTHAHOLIC - More Star Tours (wave 5?)

EL CHUXTER - Padme figures???
UMBRA - Toy Fare Fans' Choice Winner?
DARTH MINA - Troop Builder Case Assortments (regular figures, not box sets)
DINDAE - Hasbro Toy Shop's One of Every Figure Club???
DINDAE - Army builders continuously available on HTS.com???
JANGU FETT - will the 501st Clone see carding as a SA?
LORD MALAKITE - Spirit Anakin played by Hayden figure?
CARL18S - VSPTC? (vintage style prequel trilogy collection?)
BANTHAHOLIC - chess holograms? (Tycho adds, or actual figures like the Mantellian Savrip)
THEDARTHVADER - more Evolution sets (Tycho adds, Padme???)

DINDAE - Galactic Senate Playset?
JOEDA - remake of Kenner Death Star and Dagobah Playsets?
VADER68 - remake of Kenner Hoth Playsets?
TURBOWARS - curved cantina bar sections? Who'll they ship with?

DROID - why is everything such a big secret?

JANGU FETT - Status of Hasbro SW Transformers? More? What ones?

CAESAR - How do the flops feel? (Unleashed Battlepacks, Choppers, etc.) - it's antagonistic and I do agree with JT, but still Ceasar's question is legit - we told them so how many times??? (and no, I don't think it will do the site any good if JT asks them, but if Caesar gets an answer on the phone (he won't) I do want to hear about it. Haha.

TYCHO (*new*):

Galactic Heroes - more vehicles like TIE Fighters and an AT-AT?
JediForce - more characters like Leia, Lando, Dooku, Battle Droid, etc.?
ForceBattlers - any more, will the line continue? (Lando, JarJar, Battle Droid, Dooku?)
Potato Heads: Boba Fett? Cody? General Grievous, etc.?

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks Tycho!

A new organized questions thread has been created to replace this one which is closed.