PDA

View Full Version : New Batwoman series...

JimJamBonds
06-01-2006, 12:08 AM
I pulled this from MSN, apparently there will be a new line of Batwoman comics and she appears to have entered the 21st century.....

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=224505&GT1=7701

El Chuxter
06-01-2006, 12:45 AM
I just read about this at Yahoo News and was coming here to comment on it.

Batwoman now being a lesbian doesn't disturb me at all. What disturbs me is that, of all the dormant characters in the DC universe, they'd dredge up BATWOMAN! Christ, isn't the Gentleman Ghost a more obvious character to bring back?

And I found the outing of Renee Montoya in the article to be more interesting than the outing of Batwoman.

Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I think it could work. They actually made Ace, the Bat-Hound a decent "character." (But why'd they have to kill Harold? Damn you, Jeph Loeb!)

2-1B
06-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Awesome, I hope they get Halle Berry to play her in the movie.

The site of Jeph Loeb frightens me. :cry:
(not to mention the spelling of his first name).

darthvyn
06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Batwoman now being a lesbian doesn't disturb me at all. What disturbs me is that, of all the dormant characters in the DC universe, they'd dredge up BATWOMAN! Christ, isn't the Gentleman Ghost a more obvious character to bring back?

cuz then he'd be "a gay" and that's not socially acceptable... and if they outed wonder woman (cuz... i mean, c'mon...) there'd REALLY be an uproar. can't create a NEW lesbian character, cuz that would smack of publicity stunt (and this doesn't... :rolleyes: ) so let's get a charater from 40 years ago that no one cares about but is totally grounded in DC history and make HER a lesbian! perfect!

And I found the outing of Renee Montoya in the article to be more interesting than the outing of Batwoman.

yes, still within this non-publicity-stunt feel... :rolleyes: again...