PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

sebillba
01-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Best - I was most excited to get Yoda on his Can-Cell, but the Yoda figure lets it down. It's not very detailed, is poorly finished, and I don't like the pre-molded legs. It's a great toy though, as a kid I would've absolutely loved this. I'll go along with the masses and choose DARTH VADER as best. Again, it's lacking in detail, but only in the face, which is too smooth and shiny, when it should be scarred and ravaged. But overall, this is fantastic, with loads of bits and pieces, providing plenty of play value as well as display options. A great all-rounder for kids and collectors.

Worst - either of the other two really. The vulture droid is boring, and more of a vehicle than a figure, but it's a nicer colour scheme than TPM version, and the buzz droid accessory was cute. I'll go for the CLONE TROOPER... again it's pretty boring (though the RS photo makes it look quite cool), and I only have to breathe on mine and the missiles shoot off.

Bosskman
01-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Best - Vader

Worst - Yoda - The Can-cell is cool but that Yoda is, without a boubt, the worst Yoda ever.

pegger
01-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Best - Vader

Worst - Yoda - The Can-cell is cool but that Yoda is, without a boubt, the worst Yoda ever.

Yeah - what he said...

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Best - Vader

Worst - Yoda

General_Grievous
01-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Best - Vader

Worst - Clone Trooper

tagmac
01-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Deluxe Yoda with Can-Cell - The only one that could be found for a time, I had no need for it. It didn't look horrible, but it was nothing special, either. I don't remember the Can-Cell being that colorful in the movie, either.

Deluxe Darth Vader with Operating table - What could be said about this masterpiece! The cream of the crop, and thus impossible to find for over a month (scalpers in Jersey kept nabbing these until the next wave came out - I finally found mine on my DC trip). The only complaint I have (besides the detail on the face) is that the table is a bit high, too high to pose with the Chopper Droid correctly. Otherwise, an awesome piece!

Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jet Pack - I actually liked this one. The gun is different, and the figure looks really cool posed with it. This was the only other of this assortment I bought to add to my small clone army.

Deluxe Vulture Droid - I already had the three droid fighter set from Ep. I, so I didn't need the Vulture Droid. in addition, I don't really consider this a figure (if this counts, then technically the Droid Tri-Fighter should also enter the vote), so I'm eliminating this one from my consideration.

Best: Deluxe Darth Vader w/ Operating Table, which should win hands down!

Worst: Deluxe Yoda w/ Can-Cell, by default here. There were plenty of figures worse than this one.

DarkArtist
01-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Best : Darth Vader
Worst : Yoda On Can Cell

El Chuxter
01-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Wow. I'm going to be a major voice of dissent here.

Yoda: As has been said before, the Can-Cell rocks, and Yoda may be the worst Yoda of all. I feel like they cancel (can-cell) one another out, more or less.

Vulture Droid: Why didn't you list this one twice, as it came in two color schemes? :p Not bad, but nothing to write home about, either.

Clonetrooper: Not great, but not horrible. The sculpt was decent, even if there were two better sculpts of the Clonetroopers by now. The rocket pack was a bit lacking, but the design was something I could see in the movie.

Vader: The operating table was a nice accessory. I'll give you that. But (unlike the Can-Cell) an operating table is not a figure.

Vader was the proverbial pice of carp, though. First, his helmet didn't fit. At all. We're talking an infant-sized baseball cap on that goofy giant-headed Garry Shandling looking character on the old It's Garry Shandling's Show. Then the articulation was shot for the silly snap-on boots.

Yeah, I'm all for play value, but this is a misguided attempt at play value that backfires, leaving a POS figure that sucks for kids and adults.

Worst of all was his right hand. Normally, he has a teeny tiny shriveled little... well, it's not even shaped like a hand. But you can cover this with the BIG HONKIN' GLOVETM!!! Yes, now Vader can throw his giant fist in the air at local meetings of the Black Panthers.

This figure was worthless.

Worst: Vader
Least Worst: Clonetrooper

Tycho
01-23-2007, 02:22 PM
You could then use Vader for a Black Panthers diorama with Lando, Mace (Geonosian Arena), and the Endor Soldier, right? Or turn them into a soul-band to open up for Stanze?

Battle Droid
01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Best: Clone Trooper
Worst: Swelled hand Vader

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2007, 07:52 PM
"The Order of the Hand will rule!!!"

Jaff
01-24-2007, 07:55 AM
El Chuxter I'm sorry to say that the order of the Hand did rule...:twisted:

BEST
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS) 11
Deluxe Clone Trooper (ROTS) 2

WORST
Deluxe Clone Trooper (ROTS) 5
Yoda with Can Cell (ROTS) 6
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS) 2

Jaff
01-24-2007, 08:01 AM
More Deluxe figs are coming at you, and once again there are some fine figures, and some not so fine ones, but still they were making some great Deluxe figs. Once again (just as we did with the Deluxe Clone Wars versions), if you feel compelled to vote for any of the Clone Troopers that were in the deluxe three packs be specific as to which one you want to pick (AKA kneeling white CT, etc..). I will not describe them in detail, nor will I bore you on differences between them.

6/05
Deluxe Crab Droid
Deluxe Stass Allie with Speeder
Deluxe Spider Droid
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with Brown Trooper)
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with Blue Trooper)
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with GreenTrooper)

Which is your Best and Worst

Deluxe Crab Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxcrab.asp
Deluxe Stass Allie with Speeder
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxstass.asp
Deluxe Spider Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxspider.asp
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with Brown Trooper)
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with Blue Trooper)
Deluxe Clone Troopers three pack (with GreenTrooper)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxclones.asp

Jaff
01-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Deluxe Crab Droid - I was really looking forward to getting this one, only to discover it looked nothing in detail, like it appeared in the movie. A big disappointment for me
Deluxe Stass Allie with Speeder - Yeah, yeah, they could have made Stass better than they did.
Deluxe Spider Droid - Now this is a fine remake. The detail of the Spider Droid does leaps over the Episode II version. The paint ap is also impressive.
All Clone Troopers three packs - Whether Clones were Brown, blue, pink pokka-dot, green, squatting, or tip toeing did not get any of my attention. I was only interested in articulated clones at this point. The Clone Wars versions were a necessity when they came out back in 2002 because we had no Clone troopers for dio’s except 1 statue. Today (ROTS) we had better articulated clones, and little need for these, thus they were immediately obsolete, and I don’t really acknowledge their existence. I know it sounds harsh, but that’s the way it is.

BEST - Deluxe Spider Droid

WORST - Deluxe Crab Droid

Darth Jax
01-24-2007, 08:15 AM
again i'm a little late
best vader
worst yoda on cancell

best crab droid. i'm tired of army men clones.
worst spider droid. it still looks like it wandered out of toy story and into star wars.

Battle Droid
01-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Best: Crab Droid

Worst: All the Deluxe Clone Trooper 3 Packs.

pegger
01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Big meh for me this round.

Best - I guess Crab droid.

Worst - I guess brown trooper.

dindae
01-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Best - Crab Droid
Worst - any clone

Tycho
01-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Best: Crab Droid - I wanted that thing in my Utopau diorama to give the Separatists some firepower.

Worst: the Clone 3-packs because as Jaff mentioned, we had our choice of articulated, movie accurate Clone figures for ROTS between 2005 and 2006, so I really didn't need pre-posed army men Clones with markings that were not in the movie. These were probably good for kids, but Hasbro might've done real movie paint schemes on these and they would have been more popular: Utopau, Kashyyyk (with headsculpt change), 501st, Shocktrooper - to name the obvious. No, those wouldn't have topped articulated figures, but they would have been more useful.

On Stass Allie - I was almost tempted to vote for her. I like this set, but the scene had little significance beyond Order 66 executing Jedi Council members. Besides, Stass was a surrogate Adi Gallia, and I prefer how the original character was developed by the EU if nothing else.

On the Spider Droid. Eh. It was useful, but I'd seen it in the AOTC / Clone Wars toys and other than the fact I needed more of them for Kashyyyk, and I guess the sculpt was improved, I don't think more or less of this figure.

Jaff
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey folks, try to steer for voting on all the clones. I can't tally any vague votes. They need to be specific like peggers, otherwise I will ommit the worst votes for such things.

General_Grievous
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Best - Stass Allie. She can actually stand, and if you give her a lightsaber, she looks really good posed with the other jedi.

Worst - Clone 3-pack. Mini statues of EU clones. No thanks.

sebillba
01-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Best - STASS ALLIE.... not a particularly good figure, but the only one of these I bought.

Worst - WHITE PRONE CLONE

bigbarada
01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Best: Crab Droid - for it's size and coolness factor. It's not the most detailed, but at least it's completely original, unlike anything else in this wave.

Worst: Spider Droid - the wind-up feature and the giant gun on it's nose really ruin this figure. I've wanted this figure since I first saw him on the Ep2 trailer, but Hasbro really dropped this ball with this. I can't spend my money on something that looks this terrible.

All the Clonetrooper are terrible as well, but we've gotten improved figures since then. The fact that Hasbro hasn't fixed the Spider Droid still irks me.

tagmac
01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Best: Crab Droid. I never bought this one, but I always thought it looked cool.

Worst: Clone trooper w/ brown markings. The least movie-accurate of all in color, and completely unneccessary to have been made.

This last set really saved me money, as I only bought Stass Allie so as to have all of the Jedi figures. Otherwise I'd have skipped this wave entirely.

Tycho
01-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Hey folks, try to steer for voting on all the clones. I can't tally any vague votes. They need to be specific like peggers, otherwise I will ommit the worst votes for such things.

OK, the worst being the Clones with brown markings, as it was pointed out this was not even a movie-accurate color.

Instead, they looked like they stained their tighty-whities.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Best - Crab Droid
Worst - Prone White Clone because it is plain and he can't really look up at what he is shooting.

I've not opened any of these except the white clone pack. And the clones aren't brown, they are a shade of red.

pegger
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
I've not opened any of these except the white clone pack. And the clones aren't brown, they are a shade of red.

OK Martha Stewart....

Mad Slanted Powers
01-24-2007, 10:50 PM
OK Martha Stewart....Actually, it says so on the link Jaff provided as well. It is an odd shade of red though. Perhaps more of a brick, but I digress.

Kidhuman
01-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Best - All white clones

Worst - Red clones

Clones were the only ones I got in this series.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2007, 01:45 AM
When are ya getting to the good stuff? :whip:

bigbarada
01-25-2007, 03:35 AM
I agree, wake me when we get through the Ep3 crap. I'm glad there are no more movie-years, because that's when Hasbro opens the floodgates of garbage figures.

Jaff
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
O.K, O.K, I'll go to another group of figures. However the votes were all over the place, and many I could not tally properly. So this is the most accurate list I have, and it will do.

BEST
Deluxe Spider Droid (ROTS) 1
Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS) 8
Deluxe Stass Allie with Speeder (ROTS) 2

WORST
Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS) 1
Deluxe Spider Droid (ROTS) 2
Brown Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack) 4
Prone White Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack) 2

Jaff
01-25-2007, 09:03 AM
The figures just got better in the Episode III line, and finally we had a really dark Anakin. The first wave was hard to come by in the beginning, but they were nowhere in challenge to obtain as the Antilles wave. I never saw #51 - #53 on shelves, and dealers were charging big bucks for these.

6/05
Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar)
Episode III#49: Commander Baccara
Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar)
Episode III#51: Captain Antilles
Episode III#52: Zett Jukassa
Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior

Which is your best and worst?

Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0548r2d2.asp
Episode III#49: Commander Baccara
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0549bacara.asp
Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0550anakin.asp
Episode III#51: Captain Antilles
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0551antilles.asp
Episode III#52: Zett Jukassa
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0552zett.asp
Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0553utapauan.asp

Jaff
01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar) - Well it was really nice to have yet another R2 to throw on my pile of doubles. That’s all I have to say about this one.
Episode III#49: Commander Baccara - There’s something really awesome about this figure. I wish Sideshow would make this figure into a 12”. That would most likely be something to write home about. The fig was of great caliber, and can stand next to the best of figs.
Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar) - When Anakin has his robes on he’s really not that great, but that wounded, gnarled Anakin is just cool. I bet you never thought you would have a mangled Anakin figure that was burnt up, and missing limbs. What an awesome, interchangable figure.
Episode III#51: Captain Antilles - I wasn’t that impressed with this fig. We had a Bail, and it’s nice to have this fig, but it’s one of those check marks on your list of figs to be made. This fig is just kind of dull.
Episode III#52: Zett Jukassa - I had no doubt Lucas would have his family immortilized by becoming plastic during 2005. You could see it coming, and Zett is a nice fig. It’s true to likeness, has a good pose, thumbs up for Lucas Jr.
Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior - You only see these dudes twice in the movie. In one shot their in the air flying in the background (push pause to see them), and the other time is when the Boga is by one. I can see why they made it. It’s a wickedly cool figure, and he looks rather tough. He was a hard one to find, but finding him was well worth any wait.

BEST - This one’s easy, Commander Baccara.

WORST - It’s between R2 and Antilles. Antilles really isn’t a bad figure, he’s just drab. R2 had nothing new to offer, except beeping sounds and a light up dome. Wait a minute, that’s been done by the Saga version. So yeah, this fig had nothing to offer.

dindae
01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Best - Bacura
Worst - R2

Tycho
01-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar) - Nothing new here.

Episode III#49: Commander Baccara - A really good figure, but a pretty unimportant Clone in so far as screen time etc.

Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar) - Wow! Now this is fun to play with and his cloak is useful for custom kitbashing other Anakin figures. He's a contender!

Episode III#51: Captain Antilles - I'm glad they made him, but I'm still confused as to who's who: Raymus Antilles, Colton Antilles, or Captain Colton - and just when is he the captain and not Antilles? Anyway, it needed to be done, but his look in the movie, and the figure, looks nothing in the way like he'd be related to the Episode 4 Antilles that Vader chokes. So I've got continuity complaints here. Still, he's a new figure and that is more than I can say for R2.

Episode III#52: Zett Jukassa - Little articulation and very little screen time, let alone no Bail Organa figure in the speeder pilot outfit to help assist with 501st Clones in making this a cool scene. Again, I'm glad they made him - he's the coolest Lucas Family figure next to Baron Papanoida and much cooler to have than Jorg Sacul or the Lucas Trooper.

Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior - This is a cool figure and with all his accessories and details, he gives Crispy Anakin a run for his money. Hmmm. How to vote? I like this one a lot!

BTW in San Diego, 51-53 were not that hard to find and they actually pegwarmed a little (not so much the Utopaun Warrior when folks told him apart from Tion Meddon who was still hanging around).

BEST - This one’s hard Crispy Anakin. The Utopau Warrior comes so close. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my vote.

WORST - R2D2 had nothing new to offer.

Kidhuman
01-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Anakin - Best

Worst - R2

pegger
01-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Baccara as Best? Are you nuts??? Unarticulated piece of junk I say. No elbow or shoulder on the right, next to the other clones this figure is one of the worst - desperately needs a resculpt to put it on par with the other commanders/troops.

So worst - Baccara

Best - Zett.

General_Grievous
01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Best - Baccarra. The articulation thing doesn't bother me.

Worst - R2-D2. Repack of the AOTC one.

El Chuxter
01-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I missed last round, but my votes would be Crab Droid and Brown Clones, so no change to the results.

Got to go with Anakin as the best. He had the play value that the Operating Table Vader lacked, and--aside from the stumps in his legs--is a cool display piece, too.

Worst, well, Bacarra was bad but not horrible. I'll have to go with Artoo, because there wasn't much new here.

bigbarada
01-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Best: Anakin - This was the Darth Vader figure I never though Hasbro would make. The cape and the spare head went in the garbage for me, but everything else was great. This is the most fun action figure I've seen in years..... maybe I've been watching too many Saw movies.

Worst: R2 - after the VOTC Artoo, I don't know why Hasbro keeps releasing these substandard, outdated Artoo figures

sebillba
01-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar) - Nothing new here.

Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar) - Wow! Now this is fun to play with and his cloak is useful for custom kitbashing other Anakin figures. He's a contender!

Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior - This is a cool figure and with all his accessories and details, he gives Crispy Anakin a run for his money. Hmmm. How to vote? I like this one a lot!

My comments would echo Tycho's here, but my vote is slightly different....

Best - UTAPAUAN WARRIOR.... awesome figure, one of my favourites from the ROTS line.

Worst - R2-D2

tagmac
01-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Episode III#48: R2-D2 (Mustafar) - Light and sound wasn't nearly enough to make me get yet another R2 rehash. Heck, if I'd known they were gonna come out with the upcoming "flamethrower" version, I wouldn't have even gotten the first Ep. III one.

Episode III#49: Commander Baccara - I really liked this figure, and was thrilled to find one left among a handful of Anakins and R2's mixed in with the rest of the pegwarmers. Even better to learn that he commanded the Snowtrooper Clones. Funny story here, I had actually gone to TRU, and a known dealer/scalper I used to deal with saw me in there and tipped me off that Target had these three. I immediately drove over there, and lucked out that there were still some left.

Episode III#50: Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar) - Another really cool figure, one I never thought would be as easy to find as he was. I ended up getting two of these, so I could pose one limbless and charred, the other with the cloak. Only disappointment (and a major point-detractor) is the color of the head. It just didn't look ravaged and detailed enough as we know Hasbro is capable of.

Episode III#51: Captain Antilles - A decent looking figure, and nice to have for the collection. These three actually pegwarmed severely in my area. After paying extra for shipping to snatch up this and the Utapauan on amazon, I found them en masse two weeks later at Target, along with a couple of Red Guards and tons of the now pegwarming Tank Gunner.

Episode III#52: Zett Jukassa - Checked amazon every hour, every day (it seemed) for this guy, as he appeared a week after Antillies and the Utapauan did. So after spending the extra for shipping, I found tons at Target a few days after getting him, then ended up getting yet another one in the Lucas pack. A nice-looking figure, and a worthy addition thanks to a cool scene in the movie, but not worth the trouble I went through initially.

Episode III#53: Utapauan Warrior - A cool-looking figure with nice detail, but it bugged me that these guys were hardly visible in the movie.

Best: Commander Bacara - I love the snowtroopers, and this guy was one I really sought after. Anakin's face coloring cost him the lead here.

Worst: R2-D2.......I mean, was this one really necessary?

Battle Droid
01-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Best: Utapauan Warrior

Worst: Bacara

Bosskman
01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Best - Crispy Anakin
Worst - R2

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Yet another R2-D2, and one without a retractable middle leg. The sounds are nice, but we've had that before a couple times.

Bacara is a decent clone. Not the best clone they've made, but a contender for best in this wave.

Great to get a crispy Anakin, but the regular head looks kind of puffy. I've got it displayed with the cape and regular arms attached to that clear plastic body, but there is no place to attach the legs on that, so the legs are on crispy Anakin, which he wouldn't have at that point in the movie.

Antilles is nothing special. His holster is covered by the cape, so that makes it harder to access. His swivel elbow is also covered by the cape.

Great to have Zett as well, but he has limited articulation and a slight action pose. The pose does not ruin the figure, however.

Utapau Warrior looks all right, but I don't care for it that much. Wasn't sure how he should hold his shield, and I had trouble positioning his feet and legs right to stand, and that position will be different on a flat surface compared to the uneven base. And in the process of all this, I keep knocking his helmet off and dropping his staff.

BEST - Bacara
WORST - R2-D2

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Best - Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damage!)
Worst - R2-D2 (Electronic Light and Sounds!)

Darth Jax
01-25-2007, 08:56 PM
best - mustafar fried anakin
worst - another R2 with electronics

Jaff
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
It was close, but french fry anakin won..

BEST
Commander Baccura (ROTS) 5
Anakin Skywalker Mustafar (ROTS) 7
Zett Jukassa (ROTS) 1
Utaupan Warrior (ROTS) 2

WORST
R2-D2 Mustafar (ROTS) 13
Commander Baccura (ROTS) 2

Jaff
01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
If your looking for some hard figures to locate, look no further, this is the list for you. These figs were so obscure people were shelling out big bucks for these ones, especially the Shock trooper. These latter became more available, but during their first month of release they were impossible.

7/05
Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (shock trooper)
Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green)
Episode III#54: AT-RT Driver
Episode III#55: Mustafar Sentry
Episode III#56: Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot)

Which is your BEST and WORST?

Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (shock trooper)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0506clonetrooper2.asp
Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0533clonecmdr2.asp
Episode III#54: AT-RT Driver
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0554atrtdriver.asp
Episode III#55: Mustafar Sentry
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0556sentry.asp
Episode III#56: Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0555obiwan.asp

Jaff
01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (shock trooper) - These are just butt-kicking clones. They just look the best of all the normal clones in Episode III. A bonus at their release was they were rare, but then they became common place today. I have no complaints on this one.
Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green) - I never understood why I bought this figure. I wasn’t a big fan of the red one because it was EU. I knew this clone wasn’t in the movie, but I bought it anyways. I don’t regret it, it’s just I don’t appreciate it that much. It’s one of those, I’m not sure I want to keep it figures.
Episode III#54: AT-RT Driver - Honestly I actually prefer the AT-RT version. It’s not that this fig is bad, but he never appeared in the movie like this. Now if this dude was articulated and able to sit on the AT-RT that would be a different story.
Episode III#55: Mustafar Sentry - This is a very unique, one-second-appearing figure. I love the dude, which is why I bought two. His uniqueness makes him cool, but next to some of the other figs he dulls a little.
Episode III#56: Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot) - This is the best prequel Obi-Wan ever made. Without a doubt this was an awesome figure. The robe was awesome.

BEST - Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot)

WORST - This is tough, they are all good figs. I guess I’ll go with Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green). I just didn’t need this one. He’s still a nice looking fig though.

pegger
01-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Best -Obi

Worst - AT-RT driver. What is with that stupid plastic stringy thing on the gun? I can't get it to stay looped..

Tycho
01-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd only echo Jaff if I said anything more. He was right on with his review!

BEST: Obi-Wan Pilot figure (who happens to be my favorite E3 figure of them all)

WORST: Green Clone Commander - I never needed him and never bought him

dindae
01-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (shock trooper) - good figure but it is just a repaint and I prefer the #41 sculpt.

Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green) - Again another repaint but a good figure.

Episode III#54: AT-RT Driver - The chest plate was bulky and his guns were too bulky for the figure and hard for the figure to hold.

Episode III#55: Mustafar Sentry - I like this figure a lot nice detail and a unique looking alien

Episode III#56: Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot) - Have to agree with Jaff that this is the best prequel Obi-Wan hands down.

BEST - Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot)

WORST - While far from a bad figure I'm going with AT-RT Driver just because his accesories are so clunky.

tagmac
01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (shock trooper) - This was a great-looking figure, but very frustrating at first. Only KB got the case in at first, so I had to resort to ebay to get one. About a month later, I found two at Wal-Mart, which was the only time I'd seen them at retail....until they re-released them on the saga cards. Had I known they would do that, I would have definitely skipped e-bay. As with others, I'm sure it was assumed this was a deliberately rare repaint at first.

Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Green) - I have to agree with Jaff here. Not a bad figure, but why make it? Yellow coloring would have been better and more movie-accurate. I bought this for the rarity factor (thinking I was lucky to find one), only to find these several times before they were re-released. This figure is a big reason I have ignored the Mace Windu battlepack and all the other repaints - it's not worth getting them if they weren't in the movie.

Episode III#54: AT-RT Driver - The big chest plate was a nuisance, but that huge gun really drove me nuts. It was a better figure with the AT-RT - here it just seemed unneccesary.

Episode III#55: Mustafar Sentry - This was an interesting figure, which wasn't shipping in the initial case assortments with the repaints. I found one at KB shortly after the other cases hit, and it's definitely a worthy addition to the collection, even if it did have blink-and-you'll-miss-it screen time.

Episode III#56: Obi-Wan (Red Leader pilot) - The best prequels Obi-Wan figure PERIOD! And thank goodness they made the headgear removable, or it would have ruined the figure. I almost bought two of these to pose with and w/o the cloak, but it looks better with. This is one that you could tell was gonna be great even from the original picture of the 50 figures.

Best: Obi-Wan Kenobi, although the Shocktrooper is a close second, and would have won in any other grouping.

Worst: AT-RT Driver. I bought it, but I just wasn't impressed with how it looked or it's weapon.

Battle Droid
01-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Best: Mustafar Sentry

Worst: Clone Commander

DarkArtist
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Best Obi Wan Red Leader - SA Obi can't go wrong

Worst AT-RT Driver - while a decent figure didn't care for the guns. the cannon thing was too big the the machine gun just didn't fit the figure. they should have just packed him with the DC-10.

sebillba
01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Best - OBI-WAN.... the best Obi ever - prequel or OT.

Least Best - I really like all of these, even the clones. I'll go for for the green COMMANDER. The AT-RT Driver had a rubbish accessory, but at least it was a new figure, not just a repaint.

Bosskman
01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Best - Obi
Worst Green Clone - just because I had to pick one.

El Chuxter
01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Best: Shocktrooper

Least Best: AT-RT Driver

I think this Obi-Wan is tremendously overrated. Had they bothered to put any detail at all into the legs, he'd be awesome. As he is, awesome only from the waist up.

bigbarada
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Best: Shocktrooper - I just like the coloration on these guys.

Worst: Green Clone Commander - it just served no purpose. At least the AT-RT Driver could be used to replace the AT-RT pack-in figure.

General_Grievous
01-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Best - Obi-Wan

Worst - Green Clone Commander

Jaff, I hate to tell you this, but I think you forgot the Black Clone Pilot variant.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Best: Shocktrooper

Least Best: AT-RT Driver

I think this Obi-Wan is tremendously overrated. Had they bothered to put any detail at all into the legs, he'd be awesome. As he is, awesome only from the waist up.I agree to some degree. He's certainly better than the other Obi-Wan's in this line, but the big cloak kind of hides that. The cloak also annoys me when I'm trying to stand him up. He wants to lean back and thus is using the cloak to keep him from falling over. No armholes in the cloak means he can't hold his lightsaber with the cloak on. I'm guessing he can't fit into a vehicle with that cloak on either. The articulation is great, but he does have a bit of a wide stance.

Mustafar Sentry is okay, but I guess I didn't like it because he didn't stand well on his base, though part of that was probably due to the base being on the rug next to my Mustafar playset rather than on a solid surface.

Big gun annoys me on the AT-RT driver. He does have good articulation though, and the pictures on the link show him sitting on an AT-RT.

The other two are repaints of some good figures. Apparently the green commander isn't in the movie, but the Shock Trooper definitely was, so it was great to get this variant.

BEST - Red Clone Trooper #6
WORST - Mustafar Sentry

Tycho
01-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing he can't fit into a vehicle with that cloak on either.

Guess again!

Obi-Wan in his starfighter! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11815&d=1122227182)

El Chuxter
01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, this Obi-Wan is the best prequel Obi-Wan yet.

And that's rather sad.

He's not bad, just not great. And he's the main character of the prequels.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Guess again!

Obi-Wan in his starfighter! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11815&d=1122227182)
I stand corrected. Well, actually, I'm sitting. He looks kind of funny in the vehicle though, like he is stuck in there with a straightjacket on. He must be using the Force to fly that ship because he isn't using his hands.

Tycho
01-26-2007, 10:57 PM
He looks kind of funny in the vehicle though, like he is stuck in there with a straightjacket on. He must be using the Force to fly that ship because he isn't using his hands.

Very true. But Hasbro didn't make flight sticks for their Jedi Starfighters anyway (like the one that came with the E1 Anakin N-1 Pilot figure).

Now all they need to do is take the E1 Naboo figure and re-release him with an AOTC head, and then re-release him again with a ROTS head (pilot Obi-Wan's sculpt). The upcoming Comic 2-pack from Clone Wars goes there a little bit, but Obi-Wan is burned from battle damage and his sculpted robe is sculpted battle-worn. Don't get me wrong - it's cool. But we need something different too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Best - Obi-Wan Kenobi (With Pilot Gear!) - one of the best figures in the line
Worst - Clone Commander (Battle Gear!) - green version; while not bad, he just wasn't in the film at all

Kidhuman
01-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Best - Mustafar Sentry

Worst - Green Commander

Jaff
01-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Best - Obi-Wan

Worst - Green Clone Commander

Jaff, I hate to tell you this, but I think you forgot the Black Clone Pilot variant.

Your absolutely right General. I missed this one. I will, however, throw this figure into our next blister wave poll, which is about 4 polls away. For now we have a very cool group of figures to vote on. Yet before we start, here are the current results.

BEST
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) 10
Mustafar Sentry (ROTS) 2
Shocktrooper (ROTS) 3

WORST
Green Clone Commander (ROTS) 9
AT-RT Driver (ROTS) 5
Mustafar Sentry (ROTS) 1

Jaff
01-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Sorry for the delay. Rebelscum was down, so I had to find alternate picture sites for our list today. I'll have to post my thoughts on these figs later.

It’s a shame the Evolutions series only had three versions so far, for these were some of the most extraordinary figures I had seen. The clones which are in a later poll were the best of the best, and the Anakin figures were just perfection. I pray more of these will come, but until then I will cherish these sets very much.

7/05
Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack)
Anakin Jedi (Evolutions Three pack)
Darth Vader (Evolutions Three pack)
8/05
Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack)
Count Dooku (Evolutions Three pack)
Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack)

Who’s best, and who’s worst?

Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack)
Anakin Jedi (Evolutions Three pack)
Darth Vader (Evolutions Three pack)
http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/rots/evolutions/01/cf2.html
Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack)
Count Dooku (Evolutions Three pack)
Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack)
http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/ActionFigures/rots/evolutions/02/cf.html

Bosskman
01-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Best - Vader - awesome Vader, maybe the best yet.
Worst - Paly - but only because of the cloth hood - cloth hoods just don't work at this scale. I don't care what anyone says, they don't.

Tycho
01-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I love the Evolutions concept idea and wish Hasbro would bring it back for Padme especially, though I started a thread about how it would work for other characters and might give us the Han Solo Carbonite figure of my dreams if they'd count a highly detailed and optioned carbonite block that fully enloses a figure on both sides as the "Han" for ESB. Anyway:

Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack) This figure is perfect and what I always wanted from an Anakin figure. I believe it is currently released as part of the AOTC tin set? Sadly, I don't own this figure. I've consistantly turned it down because I don't need the other figures it is packaged with in either form. I DO need eight (8) of these Anakin figures and keep holding out for Hasbro to finally single-card him. Maybe in 2008? This is one re-release that I want very badly - obviously packaged "my way."

Anakin Jedi (Evolutions Three pack) It's nice, but I have no use for it.
Too bad the regular line figures couldn't look this good or at least utilize the head sculpt.

Darth Vader (Evolutions Three pack) Just another Vader. It's nice to have a removeable helmet figure so articulated, but I didn't need it.

Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack) Didn't need it. I have it because I had to buy it to get another figure. Since I only needed that one figure, versus the 8 Anakins, it was alright.

Count Dooku (Evolutions Three pack) It looks nice. I've never taken mine out of the package. I didn't need it, but I'll be able to make up some excuse to use it in my scenes I'm sure.

Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack) I like this! It's not as good as it could have been though. The reason I bought it was for Emperor's Wrath Vader to have a good Palpatine to throw. If Vader is lifting the Emperor, Palpatine should have softgoods robes so that they hang right with regard to gravity, and articulation that allows him to shoot his Force lighting behind him at Vader's head. This is achieveable with this figure. That's the reason I bought this set. Sadly it is not the best Evolutions figure, but one I can't afford to own is. :rolleyes:

BEST: Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack)

WORST: Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack)

Deoxyribonucleic
01-28-2007, 07:10 AM
These sets I actually got, mostly because of the Vader and the Sandtrooper, but they looked nice in the packaging as a whole as well.

Best - Vader

Worst - Anakin Padawan

sebillba
01-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack) I like this! It's not as good as it could have been though. The reason I bought it was for Emperor's Wrath Vader to have a good Palpatine to throw. If Vader is lifting the Emperor, Palpatine should have softgoods robes so that they hang right with regard to gravity, and articulation that allows him to shoot his Force lighting behind him at Vader's head. This is achieveable with this figure.

Tycho, have you got this set up? Any photos you can post?

When Jaff said the next blister wave was 4 polls away, I thought, great, another 3 rounds of rehashed pack-ins, which I would probably be passing on. Little did I realise the Evolutions packs were waiting for us! Now I have to choose a best and worst from 6 perfect figures. I'll have to give this more thought and come back later.......

pegger
01-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Best - Padawan Anakin. This is the best version of this fig to date. Even the "soft goods' tunic on it is great.

Worst - Palps. His face is too... I don't know... healthy looking?

Kidhuman
01-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Best - Vader

Worst - Anakin AOTC.

General_Grievous
01-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Best - ROTS Anakin. I just really like this figure.

Worst - Count Dooku. Unnecessary, especially after the excellent ROTS Dooku.

Darth Jax
01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
previous -which doesn't change the results at all.
best obi
worst shocktrooper - i like the shocktrooper, just don't like the quick-draw gimmick.

current
best ani padawan
worst palpy/sidious

Tycho
01-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Tycho, have you got this set up? Any photos you can post?

No sadly. The Vader I had and saved for this scene was the 2001 POTJ Vader - which is the best Emperor's Wrath one in my opinion, as I'm not fond of the latest one in the Endor Wave.

I'd purchased that in 2001, obviously, and had put it in my closet in between some other Star Wars boxes, but not particularly packed in anything. I hope I still have it.

In 2005 of course, all my SW stuff was packed up by hired help, through my Uncle's girlfriend, through my Uncle, as they did not know how long I'd be in rehab after my brain aneurysm. Recently, I recollect just how much trouble I had starting to walk again after that incident! Whoa!

Anyway, my stuff is all in storage (hopefully). It was carefully packed, but not as I might have organized it. There's little room in the 2 whole storage units it takes to contain that stuff in which I have room to sort stuff and organize it.

I bought the evolutions set later in 2005 when they came out and I was out of the hospitals, so I never had a chance to put these figures together. I just knew I wanted to do that scene one day when I have a house and can rightfully display all this stuff (I just buy things right now that fill the scenes I listed in my inventory) so that I may one day set them up. As you can tell, I'm not a completist or collector, but I spend a heck of a lot army building for sure.

Meanwhile, I noticed that there is both a lot of love and a lot of hate for the AOTC Anakin figure. I think it's the best one, as do some other folks. Surprisingly, some people really do not! Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I thought everyone would be a bit sick of Darth Maul ever since 1999 -or Darth Vader for that matter.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2007, 02:25 PM
I got the Anakin set and it's one of the best pieces they've done. I missed the Sith set but have the Dooku and Maul from the Tin sets, so . . .
Best - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars Commander) - ROTS
Worst - Emperor Palpatine (The Republic Falls) - what a stupid-looking cloak

sebillba
01-28-2007, 03:58 PM
In 2005 of course, all my SW stuff was packed up by hired help, through my Uncle's girlfriend, through my Uncle, as they did not know how long I'd be in rehab after my brain aneurysm. Recently, I recollect just how much trouble I had starting to walk again after that incident! Whoa!

I've seen you mention your hopital stay a couple of times, but never knew the full story. Must've been so scary - I trust you're fully recovered now?

Ok, back to the voting..... sure, I've got enough Vader, Maul, Palpatine and Anakin figures, but all these are the definitive versions for me. The only exception is Dooku - I prefer ROTS #13. Altough it's a very fine figure, I don't like the character of Anakin in AOTC, and at this stage, it looks like voting for Maul or Palpatine would be a wasted vote, so that narrows it down to ROTS Anakin and Vader. The final clincher is Anakin has swivel cut elbows, whereas Vader has ball joints. So........

Best - VADER

Least Best - DOOKU

Tycho
01-28-2007, 04:12 PM
I've seen you mention your hopital stay a couple of times, but never knew the full story. Must've been so scary - I trust you're fully recovered now?

Very simplified: I require a kidney transplant and test to get on the recipient list. It might happen this year. It might not. I don't need dialysis yet. But loss of kidney function causes high blood pressure and vis versa. High blood pressure in my brain while exercising caused the aneurysm - I lost consciousness at my gym - and the rest is how I related it.

Fully recovered? Nope. The strong blood pressure meds they have me on now keep me feeling sort of sedated and I sleep very irregularly and probably 10 hours or more every day. So I'm up at strange times in the night and just slept upon my return from Target, from 8-noon today. I try to get into bed by midnight, but that doesn't mean I can sleep. It's a "gift" that does allow for some unorthodox hours trips to my 24 hour Wal-Mart though.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back to normal time management.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Both Anakins are far superior to previous Anakins. The ROTS Anakin is a much better facial likeness. The AOTC Anakin's face doesn't look quite right, but he is better articulated than the ROTS version. The ROTS version's cape is maybe a bit too big.

Vader is one of the best Vaders in terms of articulation. The removeable helmet is better than the 500th version (or at least the Saga 2 Hoth repack of it) in that this one doesn't fall off. However, it doesn't really seem to snap down either, so while I'm holding the figure and trying to adjust the cape, it lifts the helmet some.

Maul is probably the best Maul that has been done, but it doesn't stand out that much since we've had a lot of Mauls that were more than adequate. Perhaps a soft goods cloak would have been better instead of the big plastic accessory that was included, but not if the soft goods turned out like the Darth Sidious cloak.

Count Dooku is a very good figure, perhaps an improvement on the ROTS figure. However, the face doesn't look as accurate as the ROTS version. Looks more like Kenny Rogers (the singer, not the pitcher).

Darth Sidious would easily be my choice for best if not for the cloak. They need to release this with a ROTJ head and a better cloak so that he can sit in his throne room. There's just so much cloak on this that he is swimming in it.

So, this is kind of a tough decision. The Anakins and Sidious were very much needed and welcome improvements. We already had a good ROTS Dooku, so this one didn't add much. We already had lots of Vaders and Mauls. While the VOTC Vader was very good, this one was just as good and had a removeable helmet. This Maul is very good, but doesn't have the ball jointed elbows that Vader has, so I'll give him the worst vote. The Emperor's cloak rules him out as best. ROTS Anakin only has swivel elbows and a bit too much cloak, so AOTC Anakin wins.

BEST - AOTC Anakin
WORST - Darth Maul

El Chuxter
01-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Six awesome figures. This is going to be tough....

Best: Sidious

Least best: Vader. Too... many... Vaders!!

bigbarada
01-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Best: Vader - this is the only Vader figure you really need to buy, too bad you also have to buy two Anakin figures to get him.

Worst: Padawan Anakin - I didn't like either of them, but this one was just more annoying

I'm a little biased on this poll, since I didn't even buy the Sith Lords set, because I didn't feel the need to pay $30 for a soft-goods Emperor (and I had zero interest in the other two). I've wanted to see a soft goods cloak on the Emperor for years now, but I'm not so anxious for him that I can't wait for a carded rerelease.

sebillba
01-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Very simplified: I require a kidney transplant and test to get on the recipient list. It might happen this year. It might not. I don't need dialysis yet. But loss of kidney function causes high blood pressure and vis versa. High blood pressure in my brain while exercising caused the aneurysm - I lost consciousness at my gym - and the rest is how I related it.

Fully recovered? Nope. The strong blood pressure meds they have me on now keep me feeling sort of sedated and I sleep very irregularly and probably 10 hours or more every day. So I'm up at strange times in the night and just slept upon my return from Target, from 8-noon today. I try to get into bed by midnight, but that doesn't mean I can sleep. It's a "gift" that does allow for some unorthodox hours trips to my 24 hour Wal-Mart though.

Anyway, I'm trying to get back to normal time management.

Sorry to hear it mate, sounds rough. I wish you well. My partner has heart problems, and suffers from very high bp (210/140 at one time) and takes masses of max strength medication, so I well understand the screwed up sleeping patterns. Now if only we had Wal-Marts over here........

Jaff
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack) - Finally an Attack of the Clones Anakin, and he was super poseable at that!. Although he looks like he’s got some lipstick on, this figure has no faults, and the accessories with this fig were phenominal.
Anakin Jedi (Evolutions Three pack) - What do I have to say about this one. He is another example of quality we never dreamed of in 1995. This fig is top notch just like the other Anakin. I wish they would make an evolutions Obi-Wan, that would be so cool.
Darth Vader (Evolutions Three pack) - Although I didn’t care about this figure when I got the pack I discovered that this was a really nice Darth, perhaps one of my favorites.
Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack) - This is the best of the Sith pack, but his Tatooine Robe makes him look really fat.
Count Dooku (Evolutions Three pack) - Unnecessary, but better than Sidious.
Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack) - Yuck, this guy owns an entire star system and he can’t even afford a good robe. He looks like a hobo. Does Darth fetch his scraps for him. What a bum.

BEST - Anakin Padawan

WORST - Hobo Sidious. No wonder the dude has a snarl, he’s starvin and dressed for garbage picking.

tagmac
01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Anakin Padawan (Evolutions Three pack) - This is clearly the best figure of the set, and a major improvement over all of the other Anakin figures from AOTC. Even the face sculpt is pretty close.

Anakin Jedi (Evolutions Three pack) - I liked the figure, but the robe seemed a bit too shiny and not nearly dark enough. That alone costs this figure points.

Darth Vader (Evolutions Three pack) - I have to agree that another Vader wasn't necessary here, but the articulation allowed for a cool pose of helmetless vader holding his mask.

Darth Maul (Evolutions Three pack) - I liked this Maul, and we finally got a more neutral version of him in his cloak. Too bad it wasn't either a little larger, or made of cloth.

Count Dooku (Evolutions Three pack) - This one didn't seem all that diferent from the ROTS version. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Darth Sidious (Evolutions Three pack) - I really loved this figure as well. The look on the face was awesome, and it made for a cool pose of an angry Palpy holding his saber in one hand and shooting lightning from the other. Definitely another top contender.

Best: I really wanna vote for Palpatine here, but because his face is too flesh-toned for the sequence where Palpy unleashes his anger, I have to go with Padawan Anakin here.

Worst: It's a toss-up between Vader and Dooku here, but since I liked the way I could pose this Vader, I'm going with Count Dooku here.

Jaff
01-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Tag's vote put Ani over the top, by a very small margin...

BEST
Darth Vader (Evolutions) 5
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions) 6Anakin Skywalker Jedi Knight (Evolutions) 2
Emperor Palpatine (Evolutions) 1

WORST
Darth Vader (Evolutions) 1
Emperor Palpatine (Evolutions) 5
Darth Maul (Evolutions) 2
Anakin Skywalker Padaway (Evolutions) 3
Count Dooku (Evolutions) 3

Jaff
01-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Bummer, it's attack of the Battle packs. You know those things that just seem to have the same figs over and over again, and just seem to be ladden with nothing but repaints. At about this time everything was about repaints and retools and it got old quick. This poll was nothing but kit-bashing and repaints. Some repaints in these packs are so obscure that I ommited them. However if you want to pick some of the slight repaints listed in these packs you can. See links for details of differences on all figures.

8/05
Mace Windu (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
9/05
Darth Vader (Rebellion vs Empire Battle pack)
Han Solo (Rebellion vs Empire Battle pack)

Ugghhhh...Pick a worst, and pick the best one too, if you can. Let's get this one over quick.

8/05
Mace Windu (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi vs Separatists Battle pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPrebelvsempire.asp
Darth Vader (Rebellion vs Empire Battle pack)
Han Solo (Rebellion vs Empire Battle pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPjedivsseps.asp

Jaff
01-29-2007, 04:06 AM
I have no descriptions for these wastes of shelf space.

BEST - Han, he's the only figure that doesn't look malformed.

WORST - Mace - They took two garbage figures and made them into one disaster figure. Yuck.

Tycho
01-29-2007, 04:27 AM
I have no descriptions for these wastes of shelf space.

Well I do! The complaint department is now open for business!

First, I'll say that these particular battlepacks are an excellent way for kids to get all the most important heroes and villains in one gift set, so the character selections were excellent. The particular figures were the worst of the line all collected together though. If I got these for my very first SW figures, it would scare me to chance buying anything else from the rest of the line!

Now keep in mind, I did not buy any of these.

Stormtrooper - seemed decent though
Chewbacca doesn't seem to be offending
Han Solo is a bit pre-posed. I didn't buy this figure when it was on the Saga1 card
Darth Vader looks like he's touching himself inappropriately. It's almost the worst.
Luke Skywalker is proof of the Missing Link theory. I swear this was rehased from the "Gorillas in the Mist" action figure line - or "Congo." Ugggh! I loathe this figure!

Jango Fett seems to be pretty decent - just a repack of the flame thrower Fett with removeable head - and that was a good figure.
Darth Maul looks pretty good, too. I can't place him, but I don't mind him. Since ROTS characters were readily available on the shelves, Maul completed a good group of prequel villains to offer up.
Obi-Wan fails to resemble Ewan McGreggor as almost all prequel Obi-Wan figures do (save for that excellent ROTS pilot figure!) He's a bit preposed, but if he was the one on the front of the Reek, or this figure had to hold the reigns on Boga, it would be pretty good.
Anakin's cloak and his seemingly poorly structured arms and overly long torso don't work. Was this a re-issue of the AOTC Deluxe Anakin that sliced and diced the Geonosian that broke apart? It looks like it - with a new softgoods outer tunic piece. Well, it doesn't work.
Mace is utterly horrid. He seems to be pointing with his left arm and saying, "Look at my utterly retarded right arm! If you have to have a M-F retarded right arm, accept no substitutes!"

But in the end Mace's face sculpt (while not looking like Samuel L. Jackson) isn't as far off the mark as Clan of the Cave Bears Luke. Thus:

BEST: Stormtrooper
WORST: Luke

sebillba
01-29-2007, 04:51 AM
Let's get this one over quick.

Yes please!!! I'm passing on this round.

pegger
01-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Yes please!!! I'm passing on this round.

Didn't get these. So I'm passing too.

Kidhuman
01-29-2007, 07:24 AM
Pass on these repack waves.

Darth Jax
01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
these were all repacks of absolutely horrible figs.
least worst: stormie
most worst: luke

Tycho
01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Tycho here with a SW Best/Worst figure poll SPECIAL FEATURE!

The History of Multi-Packs

Multi-packs began to take their current form in 2002. They were either a 4 figure plus 1 large accessory format, or a 5 figure set. The latter were called Battle Packs more often, because they tried to feature at least half good guys and half bad guys who didn't like each other very much - sort of paralleling how fans didn't like these multi-packs very much.

However, the multi-packs often served as a great way to get kids into the collections by supplying them with a value set at the cost of 3-4 figures, for actually 5 figures or 4 figures and what would be a deluxe accessory.

Often, a kit-bash or repaint figure would be included in the multi-pack to lure folks into getting the set so they could claim the "chase piece." This served to sell more of these so that completists and die-hard fans of whatever the "bonus figure" was would be tempted into buying.

In time for AOTC, was:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
Sirch Fi Eck (Nikto Jedi without his cloak)
SaeSee Tiin (POTJ repack)
Plo Koon (AOTC)
The Jedi Prisoner restraint that Dooku kept Obi-Wan in*

*What many of us wanted but couldn't get w/o buying this.

The set only tempted with the prisoner capture device. Kenobi and Koon could be bought on store shelves (to some degree), the Nikto was incomplete, and only a newbie had missed SaeSee Tiin the previous year.

Next came:

Han Carb-Free - appearing to be kitbashed from Bespin Han, Carb Han, Cantina Han - chains from 1997 Death Star Escape Cinema Scene Chewie

Nikto - previously available in 1999 cinema scene
Baradap - reviously available in 1999 cinema scene
Klaatu - previously available in 1999 cinema scene
Sailbarge Cannon - once packed w. Deluxe Slave Leia

This set was really only good for newbies. But it captured ROTJ well, which hadn't seen a focus in 2000, or 2001.

On the heels of that ROTJ battle pack, was:

Bounty Hunters:

Boba Fett 300th (POTJ's rapidly disappearing Fett)
Bossk - last available in 1997
IG-88 - a POTJ figure in 2001
Aurra Sing - another POTJ figure in 2001
Aurra's swoop bike*

*This is what collectors were after! How I wish I had this piece. Other than that, it was a good way for kids to get the adult Fett that year, and maybe Bossk if they were too young the last time he came around. Bossk wouldn't be offered again for 2 more years until 2004's resculpt. So I guess the first one in 5 years was alright for newbies.

Imperial Forces was one of the earliest:

Darth Vader was made from the 2001 POTJ sculpt of either Emperor's Wrath (I think) or Dagobah Vader. Probably the former, though he was presumably colored opaque and not transparent.

The Stormtrooper was the much acclaimed 1999 CommTech sculpt which was nearly SA.

The AT-ST Driver was a Kit-bashed figure made from the POTJ Imperial Officer (body) and the POTJ Rebel Trooper (head). (2001 figures)

R4-19 was a repaint of R4-M9 and even included a MOUSE DROID - though I never got this set so I can't say how it sniffs.

The accessory was the E-Webb Cannon (named for the Senator from Virginia - yeah right) and extra Imperial rifles and guns with a weapons rack(handy for outfitting the troops). The E-Webb wasn't available since 1997's deluxe snowtrooper

This was a good, basic Imperial forces builder pack if you didn't already have a convenient Darth Vader. The only Vader that year (2002) on a card was the Bespin Revelation figure, so this was a decent set for people who didn't mind. Now if you had a bunch of POTF2 Stormtroopers plus exrtras, there was less appeal.

The Rebel Forces set was Hoth themed and included

Hoth Leia - she uses the smaller POTJ scale for accuracy, and the POTF2 head sculpt.

Chewie - seemingly based on the figure that was out in the same year's Saga Collection (primarily AOTC, 2002) with C-3PO on his back, this Chewie added snow effects.

Luke Hoth - with no real differences from the 1997 beast pack.

R3-A2 - a repaint of R3-T7 (the yellow sneak preview one)

The chase piece was a TaunTaun with belly slit which was so desired, I even cut a deal with a friend who wanted R3-A2 to split the price, and I take the TaunTaun and Luke to use with the same year's Saga Han Hoth.

Useful Troop Builder Sets were available from Entertainment Earth and included Sandtroopers, Stormtroopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, and Endor Rebel Soldiers.

2004 saw two new proper multi-packs:

Endor included Han Solo Endor (1997) Endor Rebel Trooper (Saga, 2002), Bikerscout and Speederbike (1996), and the Ewoks Wicket and Logray (2-pack in 1998). It bordered on being what we'd call a Battle Pack as enemy combatants were included.

Naboo included Tarpals on Kaadu (1999), Naboo Royal Guard (a VHTF figure in 1999), Battle Droid (POTJ 2000), and the Gungan Warrior (POTJ 2000). This was a handy pack for newbies to catch up on, as well as for loose collectors to fill some gaps in their collection with mostly army builders. The Kaadu sported the energy deflection feathers.

Troop builder sets included all the various AOTC Geonosian Clone Strike Force.

Jaff is having us vote on all of the 2005 Battle Packs presumably, and the 2006 and 2007 ones can be seen in most of your local stores.

This has been another annoying special feature brought to you by Tycho.

tagmac
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I never bought these, so I won't be reviewing each figure separately, but I will toss in my vote. in addition, I just have to say that, looking at the rebelscum pictures of the Rebellion vs. Empire battlepack, I got frightening images of the Village People with the way those figures are posed. :shocked:

Best: Han Solo, only because I like the vintage Solo pose.

Worst: Luke Skywalker. Once was bad enough for this wasted opportunity of a figure. The cinema scene version was 1,000X better.

dindae
01-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Last poll

Best - Anakin AOTC really happy to get this figure since all the previous version had serious issues.

Worst - Palpatine the cloak was ok but just wasn't good enough given the competition.

Current poll

didn't buy either so I don't have anything to go on.

Rogue II
01-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Tycho,

I'm pretty sure the Stormtrooper in the Imperial Forces battlepack was the Commtech version with POTJ Sandtrooper's arms. I believe you are correct that the Vader is from Emperor's wrath mold.

In the Hoth Rebel Battlepack, there was supposedly a variation in the Tauntaun. The more common used the head from Luke's while the rest used the head from Han's tauntaun. If you dig in the old threads, I'm sure you can find the exact answer.

El Chuxter
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Yawwwwwn. I passed on both of these.

BTW, not that I bought them, but did you forget those Arena Battles or whatever they were called, with two craptacular resculpts each?

bigbarada
01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
The Vader is a combination of the two Saga 1 Vaders: the 2002 Bespin Duel body with the 2003 removable helmet head.

Best: Jango - until we get a true super-articulated Jango figure, this will always be my favorite of what's out there

Worst: Luke - with his monkey arms and the 1995 Leia's monkey face, you start to wonder if Hasbro thought their father was King Kong not Darth Vader.

tagmac
01-29-2007, 01:15 PM
In the Hoth Rebel Battlepack, there was supposedly a variation in the Tauntaun. The more common used the head from Luke's while the rest used the head from Han's tauntaun. If you dig in the old threads, I'm sure you can find the exact answer.

That is true. The earlier releases incorrectly contained Luke's Tauntaun, with a broken horn. The later ones contained the correct Tauntaun with both horns intact, which was Han Solo's (the one that actually was "open-belly.")

Tycho
01-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Luke - with his monkey arms and the 1995 Leia's monkey face, you start to wonder if Hasbro thought their father was King Kong not Darth Vader.

Well at least they really do look like brother and sister this way ;)

BTW, not that I bought them, but did you forget those Arena Battles or whatever they were called, with two craptacular resculpts each?

Now why did you have to go and remind him? Actually, with Jaff's thoroughness, I'm sure there's very little he ever misses. He's just been sparing us from that pain to keep the thread fun. But I'm sure it's coming.

Rogue 2: Yeah, that's right! I do remember the TaunTaun head switches now that you brought it up. People used to post about that. The truth is, I don't remember which version I got. I think when my friend offered me the deal (split the cost, keep the TaunTaun and Luke, which is what I wanted - he wanted the droid) I jumped on the chance.

Speaking of Battle Packs, I saw the Emperor's Throne Room for my first time today: 2 Royal Guards (Saga1), Stormtrooper (CommTech I think), Imperial Dignitary (guy who looks like Sate Pestage but isn't), and Emperor (ROTS I think). They had only 1 of this one at Sears Essentials which used to be K-Mart in SoCal.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-29-2007, 10:31 PM
I didn't get either of these packs. I was sick of seeing Jango with that big ball of flame, and nothing seemed new in either set.

The ones Jaff listed are the only ones I'll consider since the others are basically repacks. Han isn't really different either and wasn't any good the first time. None of the rest are all that great. Anakin seems to be an improvement over what it was kitbashed from, and both he and Mace are improved by not having a screaming expression. Vader is okay I guess, but Obi-Wan looks freaky in that picture.

BEST - Vader
WORST - Obi-Wan

Jaff
01-30-2007, 03:46 AM
A predictably poor turnout for this round. Yet I am happy to push us forward onto the next round. However I would appreciate if someone would break the tie of the BEST out of last round. I would hate for two of these figs to show up in the years best.

BEST
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 2
Stormtrooper (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 2
Jango Fett (Jedi vs. Seperatists BP) 1
Darth Vader (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Jedi vs. Seperatists BP) 1
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 4
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi vs. Seperatists (BP) 1

Jaff
01-30-2007, 03:49 AM
In our next battle pack groups there were useful repaints and a few new figures.

7/05
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
8/05
501st Clone Troopers (Jedi Temple Assault Battle)
11/05
ARC Clone Commander (Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack)
Coruscant Clone Trooper (Coruscant Clone Trooper Battle Pack)

Which is worst, and which is best?

Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPjedivssith.asp
501st Clone Troopers (Jedi Temple Assault Battle)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPjeditemple.asp
ARC Clone Commander (Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack)
Coruscant Clone Trooper (Coruscant Clone Trooper Battle Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPcloneattack.asp

Jaff
01-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - This is an interesting, yet buff figure. I liked the concept, but it didn’t really grab me much.
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - This is a nice Anakin, but in this list he doesn’t even compare.
Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - Assaji’s paint color looks much better than the first one. I like her, but no figure in this pack caused me to get it.
501st Clone Troopers (Jedi Temple Assault Battle) - Finally a 501 clone trooper. I actually like this one better than the later version. Don’t ask me why.
ARC Clone Commander (Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack) - I loved Bacarra, and although I did enjoy the sculpt I didn’t think I needed another color of this one, and the truth is, it’s not a very useful figure.
Coruscant Clone Trooper (Coruscant Clone Trooper Battle Pack) - I’m glad to have these clones, and even though they are shown only for a short bit in the film I have these dudes to stand next to Tarful.

BEST - 501st Clone Trooper

WORST - Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor

Bosskman
01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Best - Coruscant Clonetrooper ( I think they used the jetpack clone's sculpt but can't remember right now)

Worst - Ventress

sebillba
01-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Tie-breaker for last round - HAN SOLO

This round.... no doubt a clone will win, but I only got the Jedi Vs Sith set, so my best comes from that....

Best - OBI-WAN.... the clip-on armour is a fun feature, and if you can ignore the peg holes, it's quite a nice neutral Obi figure.

Worst - Coruscant Clone.... just plain boring.

pegger
01-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Best - I would like to vote Coruscant clone - but he's got no peg holes, and it is the deluxe clone sculpt - so his legs are a little wonky....so I can't.

I'll go Best - Obi Wan

Worst - Anakin - he has too much lipstick on.

Kidhuman
01-30-2007, 07:07 AM
A predictably poor turnout for this round. Yet I am happy to push us forward onto the next round. However I would appreciate if someone would break the tie of the BEST out of last round. I would hate for two of these figs to show up in the years best.

BEST
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 2
Stormtrooper (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 2
Jango Fett (Jedi vs. Seperatists BP) 1
Darth Vader (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Jedi vs. Seperatists BP) 1
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 4
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi vs. Seperatists (BP) 1

Ok, I was going through some stuff last night and found the rebel vs empire BP, I bought it on clearance for 8 bucks I now recall. Break the tie:

Best - Han
Worst - Luke

Current:

ARC Trooper - Best
Worst - Obi- clone armor.

Tycho
01-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I never bought any of these battlepacks.

Honestly, I'm tired of either EU or 30 second Clones. I like many of them and I army build, but I just don't feel like voting for them.

BEST: Anakin (battle damaged - Jedi Vs. Sith) Ventress was a tough contender, too. I liked the way Anakin's mechanical arm was done though. Ventress gets her props for her Sith robes.

WORST: Obi-Wan Clone Trooper Armor (Jedi Vs. Sith) - they should have used a Clone Trooper sculpt, added a sleeveless Jedi robe and Obi-Wan head - that sort of thing. Instead they opted for a style that could give kids a regular Obi-Wan Geonosian Hanger Duel figure if need be as well. I suppose that's great for kids, but I really wanted a good Obi-Wan in this EU outfit.

tagmac
01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi w/Clone Armor (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - I have to agree with Tycho on how this one should have been done. The poor look of this figure kept me from even considering this battlepack.

Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - The only figure i'm kinda' sorry i didn't get, but no big loss. It's a decent figure, but the Evolutions version still blows it away.

Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith Battle pack) - To me, it didn't look all that different from the Clone Wars version, so I didn't feel the need to get another one.

501st Clone Troopers (Jedi Temple Assault Battle) - This was a great figure, and better than the carded version because it didn't have the bulky helmet. Although the coloring was off w/o the leg stripes, it didn't take away from the figure (I use the carded one as my "Commander Appo" figure anyway because of the correct coloring). Almost didn't get this one, but got lucky when I remembered that these were coming out and hit K-Mart early on morning to find two of these, plus one that had been scalped and replaced with three plain Clone troopers. never did see it again, except overpriced at my comics shop.

Coruscant Clone Trooper (Coruscant Clone Trooper Battle Pack) - Another figure I'm kinda' sorry i don't have, but since they were so limited in the movie, I didn't feel the need to spend the extra money. I actually did buy this when I found a single one left at Target, but returned it a few days later. The Bacara repaint was unnecessary. Hopefully we'll get a carded gray clone someday, although I'm not holding my breath.

Best: 501st Clone Trooper - the best non-SA clones out there (aside from the Shocktrooper), and still pretty poseable anyway. I loved these guys, and getting three at once was awesome and took the sting out of the difficulty in finding the carded version later on.

Worst: Obi-Wan w/ Clone Armor - they really ruined what could have been an awesome figure here.

dindae
01-30-2007, 10:17 AM
Best 501st clone
Worst - Obi in clone armor. While I appreciate the attempt to make a cool figure that can remove armor the "armored" figure looks like crap. Aside from Snow Bunny Amidala this was the figure I wanted most from the cartoon and I still want one done right.

Darth Jax
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
best - obi clone armor - though i'm still waiting for a carded release with the armor attached and no helmet

worst - coruscant clone - things don't stand up without stands and without peg holes you can't put em on stands.

sebillba
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Just noticed, at this stage, Obi-Wan is tying for best figure, and also winning worst! Could this be the first figure to be voted best and worst in the same round??!!

bigbarada
01-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I think people like the idea of Obi-Wan with clone armor, just hated the actual end result.

I didn't know most of these existed until seeing this poll, so I can't really vote this round..... but I will anyway.;)

Best: Blue 501st Clone
Worst: Asaj Ventress - I just really dislike the character.

El Chuxter
01-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Best: 501st Clone

Worst: Hack-Job Obi-Wan

Asajj and Anakin were cool, but could've been executed better.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
I got all of these sets, but none are opened. The figures in the Jedi vs Sith set actually seem to be better than I originally thought. The three new figures there all seem to have decent articulation and some interesting features.

Obi-Wan - The armor could have been done better.
Anakin - The face looks neither like the movie or the cartoon.
Asajj - I think this one looks better than the previous versions.
501st Clone - Nice to get this figure, and three of them to boot. Still, it is just a repaint of the #6 Clone.
Clone Commander - Just a repaint of Bacara, and not in the movie.
Coruscant Clone Trooper - A deluxe clone repaint. Nice for army building, but nothing new here.

BEST - Asajj
WORST - Clone Commander

Jaff
01-31-2007, 08:59 AM
The votes were quite a variety for both worst and best...

BEST
501st Clone Trooper (Jedi Temple Assault) 5
Coruscant Clone Trooper (Attack on Cor) 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith) 3
ARC Clone Commander (Attack on Cor) 1
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith) 1
Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith BP) 1

WORST
Assaji Ventress (Jedi vs. Sith BP) 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith) 7
Coruscant Clone Trooper (Attack on Cor) 1
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi vs. Sith) 1
ARC Clone Commander (Attack on Cor) 1

Jaff
01-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Are you ready for a tough vote....

Ah yes, back to some good figures. The last set of Evolution figures were salivating, and the White version was very, very rare! Now this is a tough vote..

8/05
Yellow Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack)
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack)
Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack)
11/05
White Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack)
white Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack)
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack)

Which is best, and pick a worst, even though you don’t want to.

Yellow Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack)
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack)
Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05evol-troops1.asp
White Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack)
white Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack)
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05evol-troops2.asp

Jaff
01-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack) - Pretty cool. This fig works fine with commander Bly, or could work for the background clone during the goodbye scene between Obi and Anakin. Nice fig.
Yellow Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack) - A pilot and a clone in one version. This fig caused me to buy two evolution three packs. One for the yellow clone with removable helmet, and the other for the pilot which I thought was a badly desired remake. Positively an astounding figure.
Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack) - I really like these sandtroopers, but the truth was the mail away 4-packs with the different colored pauldrons were good enough for me. It was nice to have an extra Sandtrooper, but in the end it wasn’t that big of a deal.
White Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack) - Finally we have a normal Episode II clone with a removable helmet. This fig is a little weathered in paint detail though so he is very specific, thus he lost some points there.
White Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack) - Although this fig is EU it still looks great. He actually looks better than the Yellow version, but since it’s EU I can’t use it as much as the Yellow one.
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack) - See the description of the Sandtrooper above. However I think this trooper looks much better than the orange one, just because of his weathered appearance.

BEST - Yellow Clone Trooper/Pilot

WORST - Orange Sandtrooper, he’s not a bad fig, just the least grabbing of this bunch.

Kidhuman
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Best - Yellow Clone Pilot

Worst - Orange sandtrooper

dindae
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Best - Yellow Clone Pilot - we need to get more clone pilots and the different helmets worked on this one.

Worst - Orange sandtrooper - the dirt effect bugged me on this one. I liked the next one much better.

sebillba
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I only got one of these sets (yellow) - I love the quality and concept of the Evolutions sets, but am not much of a clone fan, so was never overly excited about any of these.

Best - YELLOW CLONE COMMANDER... I just prefer the look of ROTS clones to AOTC clones.

Worst - WHITE SANDTROOPER... the weathering is just too much IMO.

pegger
01-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Best - Yellow Clone Pilot

Worst - Yellow Commander - his chin pokes out of his helmet! What kind of protection is that??? Just shoot him in the chin!!!!

Tycho
01-31-2007, 10:33 AM
I just eye-balled them for this vote.

BEST: White Clone Commander - he might be sort of EU, but he looks interesting!

WORST: White Geonosis Clone / Pilot - it just doesn't look right, especially as a pilot.

El Chuxter
01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
I will get back to you, as this is tough, but, frankly, I think the best is the incredibly easy custom yellow ARC Trooper I made by popping the yellow AOTC helmet on the yellow ROTS Commander. :)

A'ight, I'll vote now.

Best: Yellow Commander

Least Best: White Sandtrooper

tagmac
01-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack) - The main reason I bought this set, this is a worthy addition to the collection. And the upcoming battlepack takes care of the issue of getting multiples of this guy to pose with Aayla and Commander Bly. An excellent figure, even better than the red version.

Yellow Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack) - Another worthy addition, this one blows that stupid pre-posed one out of the water. The only other yellow clone I had was the pilot version, so using this one as the foot soldier was much better than the one I'd gotten in the AOTC 3-pack.

Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack) - A nice addition, allowing for better poseability than the original Sandtrooper figure (which was already among the best of its time). Would have been nice had he come with the regular blaster rifle, though.

White Clone Trooper (Evolutions Three pack) - Maybe it's just the pictures, but the "weathering" looks more like blood splatters (an impossibility with lasers) than dirt, and really takes away from the figure as a result.

White Clone Commander (Evolutions Three pack) - While I saw these sets in stores a couple of times, I just didn't want this EU figure, having already passed on the gray clone battlepack. A nice figure, but the Yellow version was better.

White Sandtrooper (Evolutions Three pack) - A nice addition for those who didn't get the single-carded vesion, but this guy was much too weathered for my tastes. He looks more like he was bathing in mud than getting sand kicked up on him.

Best: Yellow Clone Commander

Worst: White Sandtrooper

Deoxyribonucleic
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Best = Yellow sandtrooper

Worst = Hiding in the outhouse sandtrooper

DarkArtist
01-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Ohh this is a tough choice as I liked them all.

Best : Silver Clone Commander

Worst : White Clone Trooper - the only reason for this is the pilot helmet. would have loved to see another version of the helmet perhaps without the yellow.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Best - Yellow AOTC Clone Trooper because of the interchangeable helmets.
Worst - Gray Sandtrooper because he looks like he was soaked in mud rather than sprayed with sand.

Overall, a nice set of varied clones to add to my army.

Darth Jax
01-31-2007, 09:16 PM
worst - septic tank cleaner white sandtrooper

best - EU white clone commander

Bosskman
02-01-2007, 05:08 AM
Best - Yellow Starcorps ROTS Clone

Worst - Dirty white Sandtrooper (but only because I had to pick one, I like this figure - adds variety to the Sandtroopers)

Jaff
02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
A pretty clear race. Too bad we had to pick a looser.

BEST
Yellow Clone/Pilot (Evolutions) 6
White Clone Commander (Evolutions) 3
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions) 3
Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions) 1

WORST
Orange Sandtrooper (Evolutions) 3
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions) 7
Yellow Clone Commander (Evolutions) 1
White Clone/Pilot (Evolutions) 2

Jaff
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Finally another wave of figures, but unfortunately every single figure is a repaint, still some of them were very nice. Also included in this group is a figure that I missed in an earlier poll.

9/05
Episode III#57 - Commander Bly
Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando
Episode III#59 - Commander Gree
Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard
Episode III#61 - Passel Argente
Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide)
Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander
Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)

Episode III#57 - Commander Bly
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0557bly.asp
Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0558wookiee.asp
Episode III#59 - Commander Gree
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0559gree.asp
Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0560bodyguard.asp
Episode III#61 - Passel Argente
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0561passel.asp
Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0562catmiin.asp
Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0563neimoidian.asp
Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0534clonepilot2.asp

Jaff
02-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Episode III#57 - Commander Bly - Bly is cool, and his colors are much better than the other clone commanders. It’s cool to finally have him, and this was a repaint that I didn’t mind getting.
Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando - Yuck, this is the third repaint of this figure. Two is enough on any figure. If you stand these three close to each other you know they are the same fig, and what's with his gun?
Episode III#59 - Commander Gree - A very nice and necessary repaint. I love having him. One of my favorites of this bunch.
Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard - It was nice to get a different guard for slight army building so this fig was appreciated. Yet I think the only thing they needed to do was just remake the robe rather than the color of the droid.
Episode III#61 - Passel Argente - This Passel is better than the first one. He really stands out, thanks to his color, and when displayed he draws your eyes. I actually like this repaint.
Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide) - I was glad to get this repaint. Cat was in two movies, so having her is a nice bonus. The fig looks good even though we’ve seen it before.
Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander - I don’t remember seeing this dude in the movie. I found the Neimoidian Soldier with ease, but not a silver one. Still the fig isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either. If this fig was not in the movie then I’m a sucker because I don’t collect EU usually. Anyone see this one in the film?
Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - EU concept that’s nice, but unnecessary for me. I like the linking of TIE and Clone, however I was satisfied with the Cone Pilot.

BEST - Gotta go with Commander Gree, although I do like Passel very much and Cat Miin is really appreciated as well. Bly is also very cool looking.

WORST - I want to say the overly rehashed Wookie Commando, but I’ll go with the Neimoidian Commander. Once was enough on this sheepish looking guard.

Bosskman
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Best - Bly
Worst - Gree - he is very inaccurate in terms of color and sculpt from the Gree in the movie. He's still a cool figure, I just don't consider him Gree.

dindae
02-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Episode III#57 - Commander Bly - Needed character and a good repaint
Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando - I didn't mind the repaint the black was a nice contrast to the browns but the accesories were clunky
Episode III#59 - Commander Gree - I like the figure but I would have rather they actually sculpted the straps on his chest and there were other paint error that others have pointed out. Nothing to throw he to the worst pile but enough to not be considered the best here.
Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard - I'm glad they released this I just wish I didn't have to resort to ebay to get it. (a first for me for a regular run figure).
Episode III#61 - Passel Argente - I don't like the saber slash on the chest. To me this limits the figure and is not needed.
Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide) - see Passel
Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander - I liked this repaint and thougt the detail was pretty good.
Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - I don't really get this figure. To me the Clone Pilot in AOTC is closer in design to the TIE pilot so making this figure in black didn't really do anything for me.

BEST - Commander Bly needed figure and all that was need was a repaint so I didn't feel ripped off.

WORST - Cat Minn mainly because of the saber slash but if anything this paint job is worse than the orginal as far as detail.

El Chuxter
02-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Best: Black Clone Pilot. Total EU, and not particularly necessary, but, man, he looks cool.

Worst: Gree. Too inaccurate for words.

Battle Droid
02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Best: Neimoidian Commander

Worst: Passel Argente - He should've been a new sculpt, his outfit is different.

pegger
02-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Best - Bly.

Worst - Passel - I agree with Battle Droid- the outfit is different in the movie.

Bosskman
02-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Best - Bly
Worst - Gree - cool, but he aint Gree from ROTS

Deoxyribonucleic
02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
PASS

too short eh?

Kidhuman
02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Best - Bly

Worst - Neo commander. With the other neos warming, this was unnecessary

sebillba
02-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I was pleased to get all these, but as repaints, none really stand out one way or the other.

Best - NEIMOIDIAN COMMANDER... I really like neimoidians, and this has a much better accessory than the first version.

Worst - GRIEVOUS GUARD... nice to have this, as both versions were prominent in the film, but as a repaint it's the least different to the original, and I always thought the head was too small - no doubt it is quite accurate, but it never looked right to me.

Tycho
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Most of this wave didn't impress me and I only bought what was absolutely necessary for my dioramas.

Episode III#57 - Commander Bly - this was necessary and a good repaint.
Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando - I was sick of them repainting the same sculpt. I know: anything they put on a ROTS card was selling pretty well. Hasbro could do no wrong. Right. Looking back though, I wish I'd picked at least one of these darker colored Wookiees up. But I turned it down before when I had it in my hands. It's not like me to 2nd guess myself. But I think I can do my Kashyyyk diorama just as well without this one - I must have thought so at the time, too. I used Yarua, and several different sculpts of Chewie to get some variety in there.

Episode III#59 - Commander Gree - A necessary repaint.

Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard - I didn't bother. I noticed there are different color Magna Droids in the movie, but by this time I'd purchased all the Body Guard droids I needed for my scenes. I wasn't going to start redecorating.

Episode III#61 - Passel Argente - I didn't bother. The only Separatists I wanted to show for ROTS scenes were those I'd lie down "dead" in the back of the Mustafar Playset. I didn't need to buy new figures for this. In fact, due to the size limits of the playset, I only used extra Separatist figures I already had or got at extreme discount from AOTC Screen Scene sets that were on clearance. That meant 3 of these from amongst mostly the same characters.

Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide) - See above.

Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander - I passed. I only needed 2 Niemoidian Guard figures and bought them straight out upon their release. Then that was it. The weapon was better and more authentic though.

Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - EU concept that’s unnecessary for me. More useless than the other figures.

BEST - Gotta go with Commander Bly

WORST - Black Clone Pilot.

General_Grievous
02-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Best - Commander Bly

Worst - Neimoidian Commander. Completely unnecessary.

Kidhuman
02-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Best - Commander Bly

Worst - Neimoidian Commander. Completely unnecessary.

Ever get deja-vu?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Commander Bly was nice. I liked the previous version, and this was a character that was actually in the movie.

The Wookiee Commando was only good for adding variety to my Wookiee army.

Commander Gree - Same comments as Bly. Both were not on the screen long enough for me to know that there was any difference between them and the figures.

Grievous' Bodyguard - Nice to get the variation. An okay figure but nothing special.

Passel Argente & Cat Miin - I thought both of these were inferior to the originals. Part of it is the bases. I have trouble getting them to stand up straight on them. Just now, I tried standing them on their own, and Cat doesn't stand very well at all. Passel's feet are positioned differently, but can stand.

Neimoidian Commander - I guess this looks better than the first version, plus no huge freakin' gun.

Clone Pilot - This one looks cool whether it was in the movie or not.

BEST - Commander Bly
WORST - Cat Miin

tagmac
02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Episode III#57 - Commander Bly - One of the two figures I bought from this set. A great figure, although I thought it was a bit too yellow. The color should have been a little darker, like on the Evolutions figure.

Episode III#58 - Wookie Commando - Totally unnecessary, and not even movie-accurate. I don't remember seeing any of this color in the movie.

Episode III#59 - Commander Gree - Another much-needed figure, and, while not perfect, not bad at all. I was happy to get this one, and hope that I can get the Scout trooper to go with him.

Episode III#60 - Grievous Bodyguard - A little too light-colored for my tastes, and since I'd already bought two of the first version, I had no need for it.

Episode III#61 - Passel Argente - Having already bought the Cinema scene version of this guy, I had no need for another. The figure looks good, but was too repetitious.

Episode III#62 - Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide) - See above.

Episode III#63 - Neimoidian Commander - WHY! WHY! WHY! Didn't they see all the regular ones nobody wanted warming the pegs. The only way to justify this guy would be if Hasbro had gone into every store, collected all the first versions, then repainted those and re-sold them in the new packaging.

Episode III#34: Black Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - I really liked this repaint, with how close it was to the TIE Pilot. If they'd wanted to, they could have even shown these guys piloting the E-Wiongs at the end.

Best: Commander Gree. The bright color on Bly cost him the win here.

Worst: Neimoidian Commander. Need I say more?

Darth Jax
02-01-2007, 11:19 PM
best - bly
worst - gree.

i want better continuity with clones. in aotc (much like with sandtrooper pauldrons) rank was easily discernible by color. but by ROTS most of the clones had color designating which general they were tasked with. then you have the ARC troops from the CW cartoons that wore kamas. Commandos had even more specialized armor and weapons. most of the clone commanders have worn kamas (except gree and cody) seeming to set them apart from their troops.

Jaff
02-02-2007, 07:48 AM
We got another tie again, but we don't need a tie-breaker, lets just truck on.

Gree/Bly wave
BEST
Commander Gree (Episode III) 2
Commander Bly (Episode III) 9
Black Clone Pilot (Episode III) 1
Nemoidian Commander (Episode III) 2

WORST
Nemoidian Commander (Episode III) 4
Passel Argenta (Episode III) 2
Commander Gree (Episode III) 4
Cat Min (Episode III) 2
Grievous’ Body Guard (Episode III) 1
Black Clone Pilot (Episode III) 1

Jaff
02-02-2007, 07:58 AM
If you love repaints these figs are for you. It seems for the last two years the last two waves are nothing but repaints.....

10/05 - Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech)
Episode III#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper
Episode III#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram)
Episode III#67 - Aayla Secura (Hologram)
Episode III#68 - Wookie Heavy Gunner

Which is your best and worst?

Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0564r4p17.asp
Episode III#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0565tactical.asp
Episode III#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0566plokoonholo.asp
Episode III#67 - Aayla Secura (Hologram)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0567aaylaholo.asp
Episode III#68 - Wookie Heavy Gunner
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0568wookiee.asp

Jaff
02-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech) - A nice droid, this figure easily wins the prize out of this wave.
Episode III#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper - Truthfully I like the 501st that was released in the Battle Pack.
Episode III#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram) - This hologram was really pointless. He can't sit in his council chair, which makes him totally useless. Bummer...
Episode III#67 - Aayla Secura (Hologram) - Aayla still has her knee joint problem, but she was in the movie as the figure was made which makes her a plus in my book.
Episode III#68 - Wookie Heavy Gunner - Oh cool, another rehashed wookie. Honestly this is one of the better repaints. He's useful for making a Kashyyk scene.

BEST - R4-P17

WORST - Plo Koon hologram

Kidhuman
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Best - Droid

Worst - Wookie

sebillba
02-02-2007, 08:24 AM
This lot of repaints is pretty weak compared to the last round. My worst is easy, but best is tougher.

Best - I can't vote a repainted clone, astromech or a holo as best, so the WOOKIE GUNNER gets it by default. It's not as nice as the original wookiee warrior, but at least the change of outfit and accessories makes him look very different.

Worst - HOLO AAYLA.... I don't like holo figures, I only got this one because it worked out cheaper for me to buy the whole wave in one go, and once I got this one, I've felt compelled to buy every holo rehash that's been released since. If I'd skipped this one, I'm sure I'd find it easier to pass on the others, so I blame it completely for making me waste too much money on figures I don't really want.

Darth Jax
02-02-2007, 08:55 AM
best - 501st/tactical ops/special ops since they can't seem to settle on a name
worst - holo plo

Tycho
02-02-2007, 10:08 AM
More repaints. The only thing is that most of them were useful.

Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech) -This one bored me and I'm not making the star destroyer hanger scene so I skipped it. Looks alright though.

Episode III#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper - I built an army of this guy on 2005 and 2006 cards. I might have 25 of him. I like the scenes Rebelscum made with the figures as well. I'm doing several of those exactly as they showed - though hopefully with a correct Bail Organa figure should Hasbro eventually make him. I'll add Zett Jukasa to that scene.

Episode III#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram) - This hologram was only necessary to get the E3 Jedi Council. Yeah I don't like that he can't sit in his council chair either, but so many of my Jedi Councilors will have to stand anyway in the various movie council scenes (Depa Billaba for 2 movies, same with Even Piel etc.) I don't care too much.

Episode III#67 - Aayla Secura (Hologram) - I didn't buy her. I like Aayla a lot and own many of her E2 and E3 figures for various scenes and some I held just in case they made Quinlan Vos (her former Jedi Master) - and it looks like my patience was rewarded. However, I never needed a Hologram of her and didn't go for that figure.

Episode III#68 - Wookie Heavy Gunner - I didn't like the way some of the Wookiee repaints looked in the store. Now that Rebelscum has pictures up of all of them together, I'll have to see how my diorama looks when I get it built, then decide whether I'll chase down more figures from e-tailers way after the fact. I bet they'll be cheap enough when I go looking for them in 2009 or 2010.

BEST - 501st Clone - sorry, but I had fun army building this guy.

WORST - Plo Koon hologram - I guess because he can't sit. Why the heck couldn't they have used a blue Jedi Council SaeSee Tiin lower body and include a light blue cloth Jedi robe? I'm sure they could've managed softgoods on Holo-figures if they tried. They'd get some complaints to be sure, but they are anyway.

I did buy Plo, but I needed him. It's funny how many of the figures I turned down are actually better when a poll like this makes you focus on them. I think at this point, in the stores, I was tired of repaints - and most of my trips were on 501st hunting excursions anyway. So in more ways than just repaints, was I tyring of buying the same figure - sort of.

pegger
02-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech) -This one bored me and I'm not making the star destroyer hanger scene so I skipped it. Looks alright though.

That's good you're not building this scene - 'cause R4-P17 was never shown in one....

Best - Aayla holo - This is a good fig for what it is.

Worst - Plo Holo - can't sit - 'nuff said.

El Chuxter
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Best: Astromech

Worst: Wookiee Gunner. Had they mixed up parts from all the different Chewie, Yarua, Rorworr, and generic Wookiees, they probably could've made some interesting kitbashes. Instead, straight repaints that look silly next to each other. By this point, it was officially ridiculous.

tagmac
02-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Episode III#64 - R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Astromech) - A nice looking figure, but at this point, all the astromech droids look the same to me. Didn't bother with this one.

Episode III#65 - Tactical Ops Trooper - The only one of the set I did get, and I had to resort to amazon because it was the only one that couldn't be found at retail. While the battlepack version was better (thanks to the removable mask on this one), the inclusion of the leg stripes makes this a suitable and movie-accurate Commander Appo.

Episode III#66 - Plo Koon (Hologram) - At this point, I was getting sick of all the holo figures. Not the worst of the bunch, but just not worth getting ,and it has continued a trend for me, as I didn't get Holo Ki-Adi or Cody either.

Episode III#67 - Aayla Secura (Hologram) - See above

Episode III#68 - Wookie Heavy Gunner - The smock on this one looked ridiculous. I had already bought a second one of the preview version to put in my Wookiee Helicopter, os I left this one.

Best: Tactical Ops Trooper

Worst: Wookiee Heavy Gunner

Bosskman
02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Best - Droid
Worst - Wookie

bigbarada
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Previous round:
Best: Commander Bly
Worst: Niemoidian

This round:
Best: R4
Worst: I hate all hologram figures, but Aayla gets my vote for the worst.

General_Grievous
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Ever get deja-vu?

I really have to look before I post. :p

Anyway...

Best - R4-P17

Worst - 501st Clone. They used the worst clone sculpt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Best - Tactical Ops Trooper (Vader's Legion!)
Worst - Wookiee Heavy Gunner (Something or other!)

Mad Slanted Powers
02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
R4-P17 - Astro droids are always good, especially when they use this sculpt.

Tactical Ops Trooper - More troopers are always good. Not the best clone sculpt though

I've not opened the holo figures yet. They don't really excite me much, especially since Plo Koon can't sit and the original Aayla this one is based on had trouble standing with her floppy knees.

Wookie Heavy Gunner - More Wookiees for the army, but I didn't really care much for the Wookiee figures in this line.

BEST - R4-P17
WORST - Holo Plo Koon

Jaff
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Well the last poll's tie breaker was broken, however once again we got another tie...

BEST
R4-P17 (ROTS) 7
Wookie Heavy Gunner (ROTS) 1
Tactical Ops Trooper (ROTS) 4
Aayla Secura Hologram (ROTS) 1

WORST
Plo Koon Hologram (ROTS) 5
Wookie Heavy Gunner (ROTS) 5
Aayla Secura Hologram (ROTS) 2
Tactical Ops Trooper (ROTS) 1

Jaff
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
We have two polls of exclusive figs, and this is the first of two. In this one we get the worst of them, however the only odd ball is the 500th edition Darth which was not an exclusive, and in this list it is a super easy winner.

7/05 - 500th Edition Darth Vader
Holographic Princess Leia (ComicCon exclusive)

9/05 - Lava Reflection Anakin Skywalker (Target exclusive)
Lava Reflection Obi-Wan Kenobi (Target exclusive)

11/05 - Commemorative Episode III DVD set: Clone Troopers with Brown repaint (Wal-Mart exclusive)

500th Edition Darth Vader
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05vader500.asp
Holographic Princess Leia (ComicCon exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05hololeia.asp
Lava Reflection Anakin Skywalker (Target exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05anakinlava.asp
Lava Reflection Obi-Wan Kenobi (Target exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05obiwanlava.asp
Commemorative Episode III DVD set: Clone Troopers with Brown repaint
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05dvdsetColl3.asp

Jaff
02-03-2007, 07:18 PM
500th Edition Darth Vader - This is an easy win, an awesome figure.
Holographic Princess Leia - Yet another Hologram. Why not create a whole new line called Holograms. Just take every figure in blue mold. That should appease those who thirst for holograms.
Lava Reflection Anakin Skywalker - Ummmmm, waste.
Lava Reflection Obi-Wan Kenobi - Ummmmm, this is salt on the wound.
All Clone Troopers - Enough all ready. How many statue clones do we need. These are not even figures. I just ignore these things from existance.

BEST - 500th Darth Vader, too easy. This poll seems a bit biased.

WORST - Lava Reflection Anakin. I like the Obi-Wan sculpt better.

Kidhuman
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Best - 500th Vader

Worst - Holo Leia, what the hell is with the weapons pose?

bigbarada
02-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Best: 500th Vader - I might be tired of Vader figures, but I can still appreciate when one is done really well.

Worst: Holo Leia - holographic figures will always top my list of worst figure ideas ever. Although the Lava reflection is a close second, when it comes to stupidity.

El Chuxter
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Best: 500th Vader

Worst: Leia. Though it's sorta a toss-up between her and the Lava figures.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-04-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm going to buck the trend here. I've not yet opened my 500th Vader, mainly because it would ruin his chamber. Opened, it seems there is no top to the chamber. The Complete Galaxy version seems to do a better job at creating a whole chamber, however, it is a sphere and opens differently. Also, if the 500th Vader is the same as the TSC Hoth Vader, then his helmet doesn't stay on.

The problem is, if I don't vote for Vader, then what do I vote for. Not Leia or the clones. The Lava Reflection figures are about equal, but they are repaints of ROTS 01 and 02 figures. I haven't opened these, but I think I liked the original Obi-Wan better. However, this lava reflection Vader is what the Lava Reflection Vader available on 4/2/05 should have been. At least these two figures represent something from the movie.

For worst, I'll go with Leia. They should have used the Commtech Leia sculpt for this one. I didn't bother to get this one. I didn't find the clones and didn't try to track them down elsewhere. Even though they are the preposed ones, I probably would have bought them if I had seen them to add some different troops to my clone army.

BEST - Darth Vader Duel at Mustafar
WORST - Holographic Leia

sebillba
02-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Best - VADER

Worst - As much as I dislike holo figures, I hate pre-posed CLONES even more.

Tycho
02-04-2007, 04:24 AM
Best: Vader Meditation Chamber

Worst: Holo Leia - she wasn't even in the movie like that. The tiny Leia Holo that came with CommTech R2-D2 was the way to go with that. This I neither wanted, nor waited in line at Comic Con to buy. I'm picky like that.

Besides, waiting in line for things at Conventions is not the way I enjoy them and I much more prefer to attend pannel discussions and meet friends.

Bosskman
02-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Best - 500th Vader
Worst - Brown Clone statues

General_Grievous
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Best - 500th Vader

Worst - Clone 3-pack

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Best - Darth Vader (Special Edition 500th Figure)
Worst - Holographic Princess Leia Organa - totally inaccurate in every way

Deoxyribonucleic
02-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Best = 500th Vader

Worst = Lava Anakin :(

pegger
02-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Best - Darth Vader (Special Edition 500th Figure)
Worst - Holographic Princess Leia Organa - totally inaccurate in every way

I agree with JJL

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:22 AM
I'll have to admit the lameness of this group of figures, it wasn't a really interesting poll, but we're wrapping up 1995 and getting to some real interesting stuff in a few polls.

BEST
500th edition Darth Vader 11
Lava Reflection Anakin Skywalker 1

WORST
Lava Reflection Anakin Skywalker 2
Princess Leia Hologram (OTC) 7
Commemorative Clone Troopers (3-pack) 3

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:33 AM
One of the coolest exclusives of 2005 was the Early Bird Set at Wal-Mart. In October 2005 we were all receiving our figs in the mail. Some of these figs were pretty cool.

10/05
Chewbacca: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Luke Skywalker: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Princess Leia: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
R2-D2: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)

Which is the best and worst?

Chewbacca: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Luke Skywalker: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Princess Leia: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
R2-D2: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/SW05earlybirdkit.asp

Jaff
02-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Chewbacca: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - This is the best Chewie we have for Episode IV, but his chin looks a little too monkey-ish. I love his bowcaster as well.
Luke Skywalker: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - I can appreciate that they made a whole new Luke figure, and I really like the telescoping lightsaber. I don't dislike the figure, nor do I jump with joy when I think of it. I like the fig, and it's a guilty pleasure.
Princess Leia: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - Leia is the best fig out of this kit. I'll admit she's scene specific, but man, what a pose and sculpt.
R2-D2: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - The only thing they did for this R2 was made his dome click when you turn his head. The Droid had nothing to offer over the VOTC version, in fact it's doors for accessories were sealed shut, making this figure LESS than earlier versions. Thumbs down on this one.

BEST - Princess Leia

WORST - R2, this fig had nothing to offer even though if it was released before 2004 we would have been astounded by it.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-05-2007, 12:44 AM
R2-D2 is just the VOTC one without the accessories. I don't like that sculpt since the middle leg is not retractable.

Leia is a nice looking sculpt, but is basically a statue.

Luke has ball-jointed shoulders, but he looks kind of odd with the dark colored shirt. The built in lightsaber gives it a vintage figure look, but nostalgia is all that feature is good for.

Chewbacca is the VOTC version with a new head. A great figure with a more neutral expression than the VOTC version.

BEST - Chewbacca
WORST - R2-D2 since it is nothing new

bigbarada
02-05-2007, 01:15 AM
I think the VOTC version had the clicking dome also.

I never got this set, because my Wal-Mart never stocked the Early Bird certificates. But judging by the photos, I'm not really too impressed with any of these figures.

Best: Leia - she's an all new sculpt and she's not really that bad.

Worst: Luke - the telescoping saber might have worked back in the 70s, but it just looks terrible on modern figures.

Bosskman
02-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Best - Chewie
Worst - Luke

Tycho
02-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I didn't buy this as I didn't need these characters resculpted and really couldn't stand the Luke from the get-go.

Chewbacca: looks great though.

Luke Skywalker: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - sucks. The telescoping lightsaber makes for a stiff arm out of necessity and it is not a feature I'm nostalgic for on modern figures. It worked for vintage Luke. Let's leave it in that era.

Princess Leia: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - She's impressive!

R2-D2: Early Bird Figure (Wal-Mart exclusive) - My friend actually gave this one to me. He ordered a bunch of early bird kits for reasons I don't remember. I don't think R2 was the reason. So I have this figure. He's neither here nor there. I wished he could have his scope up while looking straight ahead.

BEST - Chewbacca - was actually useful.

WORST - Luke for reasons stated.

Kidhuman
02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Best - Chewie

Worst - R2

sebillba
02-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Best - Chewie

Worst - R2

Copy that.

pegger
02-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Copy that.

ditto for me too.

ps - on the Luke - I thought it was a nice homage to the vintage figure. In fact, since the whole thing was a homage to the 70's - I thought the telescoping Luke belonged in that set.

Outside of that set - I would have been annoyed.

Darth Jax
02-05-2007, 08:31 AM
best - leia
worst - luke

last poll
best vader
worst leia (holo)

tagmac
02-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Busy weekend, so I'm coming in late on this one.

Previous Poll:
Best: 500th Vader - long overdo, and much better than the "Complete Galaxy" version I shouldn't have wasted money on.
Worst: Lava Anakin (both of these stunk)

New Poll:
I never got the early bird kit, so I'll vote based on the pictures.
Best: Princess Leia - would love to get this figure for the sculpt alone, but not worth the whole kit for figures I already have.
Worst: Luke w/ Telescoping Saber - this was a nice homage to the original, but the figure as a whole looks bad, especially the color.

El Chuxter
02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Best Chewie.

Worst Artoo.

Rogue II
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Best: Leia, nothing against Chewbacca.

Worst: Luke

Tycho
02-05-2007, 12:35 PM
(about Luke with a telescoping saber):

Outside of that set - I would have been annoyed.

Yes. It was a terrible decision they did that to Outland Peasant Disguise Anakin in the AOTC assortment. That was our first figure of Hayden that we got at that, too.

DarkArtist
02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
best Leia
worst Luke

Deoxyribonucleic
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Best = Leia

Worst = Luke

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Best - Chewbacca
Worst - R2-D2

Jaff
02-06-2007, 03:37 AM
This was one of the closest races in this entire thread on both worst and Best end of things.

BEST
Princess Leia (Early Bird) 7
Chewbacca (Early Bird) 8

WORST
R2-D2 (Early Bird) 7
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird) 8

Jaff
02-06-2007, 03:42 AM
The second to last poll of 2005 wraps up a whole lot of exclusive carded figures. I must say that I was really impressed with the variety of exclusives they were offering to us in 2005. What pleased me the most was that the majority of exclusives were expanded universe figures, thus it was not too difficult to find all the figures that appeared in the films. Die hard completists who got EU would have the opportunity to hunt for those hard to find figs, while film cored collectors (like myself) could skip the hassle of looking for exclusives most of the time. So here is the final list of exclusive figs, some hard to find, some, not so hard to find.

10/05
Utaupan Shadow Warrior (Target exclusive)
Holographic Emperor (Toys R’ Us exclusive)
Covert Ops Clone Trooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive)
11/05
Seperation of the twins Obi-Wan Kenobi with baby Luke (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Seperation of the twins Bail Organa with baby Leia (Wal-Mart exclusive)
12/05
Wedge Antilles (Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Holiday Edition Darth Vader (Star Wars shop.com exclusive)

Utaupan Shadow Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05shadowtrooper.asp
Holographic Emperor
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05holoemperor.asp
Covert Ops Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05covertops.asp
Seperation of the twins Obi-Wan Kenobi with baby Luke
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05SotTluke.asp
Seperation of the twins Bail Organa with baby Leia
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05SotTleia.asp
Wedge Antilles
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC05wedge.asp
Holiday Edition Darth Vader
http://www.rebelscum.com/otcHolidayVader.asp

Jaff
02-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Utaupan Shadow Warrior - I like the idea of the figure, but this silver and black figure don’t mesh with me. I much prefer the Covert Ops over this one. I didn’t see any use for this fig.
Holographic Emperor - By now the Holograms were getting old. I have now determined as of the last two SAGA waves to never buy hologram figures again unless they improve the film versions of the figures (I.E. - Plo in council Chair, etc.). This emperor did not improve upon the Darth Sideous Hologram version, and thus it was yet another monotonous hologram that is worthy of imprissonment in my someday-I-might-display tote.
Covert Ops Clone Trooper - Repaints, repaints, repaints, the clones got more treatment than any other figure to date, and that’s surprising seeing how long Imperial officers had been around. Between 12/96 - 2/03 it took Hasbro to make all 4 sandtrooper types in a neutral pose. From 4/05 - 3/06 Hasbro had made every type of Clone Trooper (soldier versions) which equates to at least a dozen repaints and retools including a handful of EU clones. Do you ever think Hasbro is more focused on repaints than new sculpts? This question does not necessarily need to be answered, I just find it interesting. In the end this fig was another pass.
Seperation of the twins figures- Let’s face it, both Bail, and Obi with babes were a must have for a collection. Forget the fact that your really paying $12.00 for two baby figures. The truth is these two figures really bridge both Saga’s together so they are both essential. I would say that Ben is the best of the two, but the truth is both of these exclusives were been there, done that figures, that came with baby’s. Thus they are O.K. figures, that are must haves.
Wedge Antilles - The best pilot since Dutch, I was very happy to finally discover that we were going to get a definitive Wedge figure. When you stand the old versions next to some of the current figs they looked dated. His detail was great for what I needed.
Holiday Edition Darth Vader - Oh boy, a redish Darth Vader, I really thought about getting this figure for a moment, but in that same second I realized how pointless and desperate this figure was.

BEST - Wedge easily dominates this one.

WORST - Holly, jolly Darth

bigbarada
02-06-2007, 04:00 AM
This is a tough one, since I didn't buy ANY of these figures. The 'Baby-Delivery' Obi-Wan and Bail pegwarmed down in southern New Mexico big time.

Best: Wedge - he's the only figure that I would seek out and buy right now, the other stuff just has no appeal now that the novelty has worn off. Although I wish we could get a proper SA carded Wedge in the regular line. After all, he's a superstar compared to Biggs, Dutch and Porkins.

Worst: Holiday Vader - what a pathetic, lazy attempt at a holiday figure. This one is so bad that it makes me temporarily forget how much I hate hologram figures.

sebillba
02-06-2007, 04:49 AM
I only got three of these... Wedge (of course), Utapau Shadow Trooper (I was still trying to get all the clone decos at the time, somehow I missed the Covert Ops Clone, but don't care now, as I've given up on endless clone repaints) and Holo Emperor (only because it was cheap, in with another ebay purchase of loose figures). The Separation of the Twins figures I only saw in collectors shops over here for about a tenner each ($18-$19), and there was no way I'd spend twenty quid on two baby figures.

Best - WEDGE, no contest.

Worst - HOLO EMPEROR... both this one and the Holiday Vader were lazy rehashes, but I'm so bored of holos - at least the Vader is different, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of tackiness at Christmas!

Bosskman
02-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Best - Wedge
Worst - Baby Figures. Hidious babies. I refused to get them. If they came with Bail's wife or Beru and/or Owen I would have got them in a second, but not with 2 figures I already have.

Kidhuman
02-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Out of these, I only got the twins, so:

Best - Obi Wan with Luke

Worst - Vader Holiday, this thing had carp written all over the pictures of it.

pegger
02-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Best - Wedge

Worst - Vader

Tycho
02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I think this may be the WORST batch of figures in Jaff's whole series, right here, right now!

Utaupan Shadow Warrior - This is dumb! The colors are just slightly better than some of the other figures offered in this poll. Were I able to recreate a comic or something with figures like this, I might want it. As it stood, I turned it down.

Holographic Emperor - Pathetic that they'd use a straight re-release of an action-feature laden Palpatine. The right figure to use would be the 1999 Holo Sidious sculpt recarded, or at least the 1997 Emperor from ROTJ. Another one I didn't even come close to wanting.

Covert Ops Clone Trooper - What did this guy go undercover to a Village People concert? Of course Hasbro is going to focus on repaints wherever possible, Jaff: they don't have to invest in making new injection tool molding.

Seperation of the twins figures- Obi-Wan came from a good sculpt (pilot Obi-Wan) and thus there's nothing there to not like. Bail is dressed in the wrong outfit for that scene, but although there are a 3-4 other outfits that can be used as basis for action figures for him, the actual one where he is holding Leia is not even close to the most interesting one. The babies are just necessary props.

Wedge Antilles - The Dutch Vandor body sculpt is one of the best we've had. Of course this kitbash of "the Ultimate Wedge" was going to come out the best! I didn't need it so I never went for it (I'm not a collector), but had I use for more Wedge figures, I would have bought 3-4 of these (maybe).

Holiday Edition Darth Vader - Gross.

BEST - Wedge easily. The Separation of the Twins are forgiveable as well.

WORST - This is much harder to pick. Holiday Darth Vader has to take the cake from stiff competition: the Holo Emperor and Covert Ops Clone are really bad - but not THAT bad. Which is almost amazing. I just had a vision of how interesting it would be to microwave that plastic into piles of multi-colored, steaming goo.

DarkArtist
02-06-2007, 10:21 AM
best - Wedge
Worst - Holiday Vader

Rogue II
02-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Never bought either of these, but:

Best: Wedge

Worst: Holiday Vader. Who is the bigger fool: The fool that designed this or the fool that bought it?

El Chuxter
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Man, all the votes for Wedge are almost enough to make me wish I'd not passed on him.

The Twins sets were cool, but it was lazy to use one mold for both babies. And showing Breha and young Beru on the front of the package, when we still have neither is totally unforgiveable.

Holo Emperor: Meh. I got him, but meh.

Raspberry Jell-O Vader is, though I passed, a pretty clear loser here.

Best? A bit tougher. By default, I suppose it has to be one of the clones. I think the Utapau Shadow Trooper looks much cooler than the Covert Ops, so it takes the win.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Best = Wedge

Worst = Covert Ops Clone Trooper (all these stupid made up clones are ridiculous and ugly).

Tycho
02-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Man, all the votes for Wedge are almost enough to make me wish I'd not passed on him.

I sort of feel that way, but I don't want to spend more money on what I already have. I just purchased extra Rebel Pilot 3-packs in '99 and even still have an extra in case I ever need 1 more Wedge figure for an EU scene.

The new Wedge figure is an obvious good design, kit-bash or not though.

Who'd have thought Dutch Vandor was doing any great favors for this line?

Darth Jax
02-06-2007, 03:06 PM
best - wedge
worst - toss up between holo emp and holiday vader. but think i'll go with the majority and give the vote to another release of the same vader.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Until recently, I only had the Twin sets and Wedge. I just got the two clones last month.

The Utapau Shadow Trooper is the CW clone repainted, and the Covert Ops trooper is ROTS #41 repainted. I like both of them, but since they were EU of undetermined origin to me, I didn't really try to get them back in '05.

The Twin Sets were nice to have, but I agree we should have got something new here besides just the babies. A young Owen and Beru, and a different outfit Bail and his wife.

The Emperor holo and Vader dipped in red paint are two I don't think I'll be getting.

Wedge is a kit-bash, but a great one thanks to the new Dutch Vander sculpt and the Cinema Scene head. I agree there should be a regular carded Wedge. He was in all three movies. Instead, he is always a pack in or an online exclusive.

BEST - Wedge
WORST - Vader due to a lack of creativity. They could have done a much better Holiday Vader than this.

Jaff
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Pretty clear cut results here, there was one vote that was for two figs as the worst, so that was not counted though...

BEST
Wedge Antilles (OTC) 11
Obi-Wan Kenobi with Baby Luke (ROTS) 1
Utaupu Shadow Trooper (ROTS) 1

WORST
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC) 10
Holographic Emperor Palpatine (ROTS) 1
Covert Ops Clone Trooper (ROTS) 1

Jaff
02-06-2007, 11:05 PM
The final poll of 2005 is something we had been anticipating for some time, the new Saga 2 wave. Although yet again, Hasbro proves it has no shame in repackaging figures, it throws us some very awesome figures, one who will most likely win this group with ease.

12/05
Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise
Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber
Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna
Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett
Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada
Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca

Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC001leiaboushh.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC002hancarbonite.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC003bibfortuna.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC006bobafett.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC004barada.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC005chewbacca.asp

Jaff
02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise - Boushh finally got the royal treatment. This fig is just awesomely detailed, and right on the money. I wish all remakes were like this one.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber - Another remade winner. I wasn’t a big fan of the carbonite at all though. They really need to make a deluxe Carbonite figure with maticulate detail, proper scale, and not so scene specific. As far as I’m concerned the best carbonite block we have today is the POTF 1996 version. I use that carbonite with this Han, and they look great together.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna - Having this Bib is a gratifying, yet slow accepting process. Back in 97 I was pleased with the Bib, and I even liked the vintage version. When I heard they were remaking it I asked Why? Today I see why. The fig is far superior than earlier versions and has some nice detail.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett - Retool, repaint, rehash, kit bash, and repetitive Fett was no big deal. I got the fig for the Base only. I really liked the fact that they had stands with names on them. These stands caused me to collect every figure in the SAGA 2 line. I even got every EU in 2006, however now that their ditching the stands I can go back to saving money on EU stuff.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada - Why make this fig? The first one was just as good. Hasbro should have released the red pants version. For that reason, this figure angered me very much. It is a waste of plastic, and an opportunity and consideration ignored.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca - Mechanic Chewie with chain, is nothing we haven’t seen before, it’s just a bit different. Not different enough to be worst or best though.

BEST - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise

WORST - Barada, ugggghhhhhhhh!

Tycho
02-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Ah, you almost make it feel like 2006! Are you sure these came out in 2005? I don't remember. I didn't need nor buy ANY from this wave, but I did admire some.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise - Nice job here. This was indeed a good figure! It was 10 years since we'd seen Leia in this costume offered, too - so this figure made sense.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber - No thanks. But they put a little effort into this. How it should be done is an SA Deluxe figure with an extra set of hands made to put Han in the frozen pose. Then there should be 4 pieces to the carbonite block:

1) a solid back the figure can fit into with the molding set to demonstrate what it had contained when Han is removed (in other words the unfrozen effect).

2) a partially clear cover to the carbonite block, sculpted to cover the front of your Han figure in the block, so you can see it in there. This would lend itself to nostalgia for the vintage POTF figure. It might be made to represent thawing.

3) a red-colored "warming" cover that can be attached to simulate what the 2006 Saga2 figure tried to mirror - Han unfreezing.

4) a solid grey cover that closes over the figure, sculpted so Han's alternate hands fit into the right places for the freezing pose, and so that the whole thing actually contains the figure, but resembles Jabba's wall decoration exactly.

It should also include Han's force pike and blaster from the sarlaac scene, and possibly his handcuff / arm restraints from ESB.

I still want this ultimate Han Deluxe Figure.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna - It's nice, but it didn't turn out as great as I thought it could. Come to think of it, I might've bought one. I can't remember. But I had use for a Bib in an EU scene.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett - No thanks. It's a good sculpt to rehash though.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada - The carded version of a figure that hasn't seen release in 7 years? It's forgiveable and it didn't pegwarm. I didn't buy it, but I was OK with it. This whole wave would've gone great if Hasbro had released a Sailbarge toy at the same time (or re-released the skiff even) while Zizzle was putting out the Black Pearl slightly later in the year (2006 anyway).

Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca - Mechanic Chewie is probably the best sculpt of Chewbacca. The chain is nothing new. But it was a way to release Chewie that hadn't been seen since 1998, while he'd also be familiar and sell well to newbies who got on the ROTS bandwagon and wanted the Wookiee. It's smart to keep some version of Chewie available in the line.

BEST - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise

WORST - Han - I was least impressed with his sculpt for this figure.

El Chuxter
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Best: Boushh

Worst: I suppose Barada. Are you going to be counting all the re-cards in this poll?

Tycho
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe we shouldn't call them "re-cards," but rather "developmentally challenged?" :D

mtriv73
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Best:Leia

Worst: Barada. At least Han comes with a decent accessory. This is just a crappy reapint of a crappy figure.

Rogue II
02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Best: Boushh Leia

Wors: Most ot fhis wave was bad...I hate the carbonite block that came with Han, Bib Fortuna has that stupid look on his face...I'm going with Boba Fett because I of the action feature.

tagmac
02-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Boy, you're coming too fast with these updates, Jaff. Not gonna change anything, but here's my votes for the last wave:

Best: Wedge - didn't get him, as I was satisfied with my Cinema Scene version, but it definitely looks the best.

Worst: Red Vader - just plain awful!

And the next group:

Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise - A nice, more scaled version of Boussh. Definitely ranks up there for me.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber - Another great figure, and much better than the Jabba's Palace diorama version. Not botherd by the carbonite block either, since we'd already gotten a good one in '96.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna - The outfit on this version was much better than the '96 version. A neccessary re-make.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett - This was an awesome pose, but it was a re-pack, so I had no need for it.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada - Another re-pack, and I agree, they still haven't corrected him to make the Skiff version, with red pants and long rifle.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca - I wasn't gonna get this one, but the metal chain won me over, as it allows for a great pose of Boussh holding Chewie's chain, something that couldn't be done with the previous version.

Best: Han Solo Carbonite Chamber - one of the better likenesses of Harrison Ford puts this one over the top.

Worst: Barada, because of the wasted opportunity here.

Slicker
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
This one is a toughie. There two characters that came out that I thought were LOOOOOOONG overdue (Boushh and Han).

Best - I'm gonna have to go with Boushh only because of the block that comes with Han

Worst - Barada

Deoxyribonucleic
02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Best = Princess Leia Boushh Disguise

Worst = Barada

bigbarada
02-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Best: Bib Fortuna - he's a huge improvement over the crappy POTF2 version.

Leia seems to have one of the worst paint applications on her face that I've ever seen on a Star Wars figure. Why Hasbro is still trying to paint the "whites of the eyes" on figures this small is beyond me.

I would pick Han as the best, but I'm really annoyed with that silly, undersized Carbonite Block. I'd rather have him super-articulated.

Worst: Chewie - this should have been the VOTC figure with a chain, I'm so sick of the POTJ Mechanic Chewie.

Barada is an improvement over the 3-pack figure, but only in the paint job department. He still has the overly long right arm and is just dated compared to everything else. It was nice to see him individually carded for the first time in 21 years, kind of took me back to my childhood when I first saw him,..... then I just kept seeing him and the novelty wore off.

Boba is just another forgettable rehash, but Chewie is still the most useless of this line.

For obvious reasons, Barada is my sentimental favorite here, but I'm not so blinded to think that he is the best figure in this assortment. However, he's probably the only figure from this assortment I'll still own in 2018; because all of the others will have been remade by then. This is the ONLY Barada figure we will ever see, I know that. So I've just learned to accept his flaws.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 01 - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise - A great remake. An excellent likeness, better scale, great articulation and a thermal detonator that is not permanently attached to her hand. This figure really had me excited about the 2006 line of figures. I normally prefer to have new figures over resculpts, but if they redo figures as well as this one, I won't complain too much.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 02 - Han Solo Carbonite Chamber - Another nice remake. A little limited on the articulation compared to Leia, but a better looking figure than the previous versions. The block doesn't bother me too much.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 03 - Bib Fortuna - Another improvement, but not as much as the others. I suppose I could have done without it.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 04 - Boba Fett - A nice improvement of the Saga version by adding VOTC legs, but I still like the VOTC version best.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 05 - Barada - Initially I thought this was more than a repaint, but that's all it was. I do like the look of this one better, but this was also one I could have passed on.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 06 - Chewbacca - I almost passed on this one, but ended up getting it. Like the shiny chain.

I was originally planning on skipping all but Leia and Han in this wave, and maybe Bib. I ended up getting them all.

BEST - Princess Leia Boushh Disguise is the obvious choice for me here.

WORST - Barada. He and Chewie have the least amount of new to offer, and I guess I like shiny chain better than new paint.

Kidhuman
02-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Best - Leia

Worst - Barada

Jaff
02-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Ah, you almost make it feel like 2006! Are you sure these came out in 2005? I don't remember. I didn't need nor buy ANY from this wave, but I did admire some.

Yes sir, I bought this wave at my store two weeks before Christmas 2005 because I set aside some extra money if these figs came out just after Christmas.

Bosskman
02-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Best - Bib Fortuna (but followed closely by Leia)

Worst - Chewie (not bad but my least favorite of the good chewie sculpts and the least of this bunch IMO, I like Barada, he is what he is)

pegger
02-07-2007, 07:33 AM
Best - Leia

Worst - Barada - while a nice repaint - 6 points of articulation is no longer acceptable. It had been 11 years since the first new SW figs.

Darth Jax
02-07-2007, 08:15 AM
best - leia in disguise
worst - barada

sebillba
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Best - LEIA wins for best articulation, best detail and best accessories.

Worst - BOBA FETT for the floppy-arm action feature.

Battle Droid
02-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Best: Leia

Worst: Barada

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Best - Princess Leia (Boussh Disguise - Battle of Carkoon)
Worst - Barada (Battle of Carkoon)

As someone else said, are we going to be voting on all the rehashes? That seems like a waste of time. I think we should only vote on ones that are all-new, kitbashes, significant repaints, or included new accessories. That said, I think you should leave these 2006 figures off the poll:
12. General Rieekan
13. Darth Vader
17. C-3PO with Battle Droid Head
18. Poggle the Lesser
19. Jango Fett
25. Anakin Skywalker (includes new cloak - new enough?)
28. Obi-Wan Kenobi (includes new cloak - new enough?)
43. Emperor Palpatine (has hole in hand - new enough?)
53. Sith Training Darth Maul
54. Chewbacca with Electronic C-3PO
55. Kit Fisto
Frankly, I thought there were more straight repacks.
69. Yarael Poof

Jaff
02-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Best - Princess Leia (Boussh Disguise - Battle of Carkoon)
Worst - Barada (Battle of Carkoon)

As someone else said, are we going to be voting on all the rehashes? That seems like a waste of time. I think we should only vote on ones that are all-new, kitbashes, significant repaints, or included new accessories. That said, I think you should leave these 2006 figures off the poll:
12. General Rieekan
13. Darth Vader
17. C-3PO with Battle Droid Head
18. Poggle the Lesser
19. Jango Fett
25. Anakin Skywalker (includes new cloak - new enough?)
28. Obi-Wan Kenobi (includes new cloak - new enough?)
43. Emperor Palpatine (has hole in hand - new enough?)
53. Sith Training Darth Maul
54. Chewbacca with Electronic C-3PO
55. Kit Fisto
Frankly, I thought there were more straight repacks.
69. Yarael Poof

Straight rehashes have not been included in this poll. There were some straight rehashes like battle packs (Luke Jedi) that I never intended to use in the poll, but people picked these without being on the list I gave, and by the time I tallied the numbers it was too late because half the folks jumped on the bandwagon. The Softgood Anakin and Obi-Wan will be included because they are different than other releases. Poggle will be included because he is painted completely different than the other one. Jango, Chewbacca and some others won't be included like you have listed, but I don't want to close the doors on others unless I have verified they are straight repacks. I need to follow my original rules because I don't want to say I excluded a fig because I think it was not different enough to be counted. For instance the EE Yellow Clone Trooper has both Battle Damage and is Clean. Someone hated the battle damaged clone because they deduced it would never be in combat, which is a fair viewpoint. Thus I don't want to discount that viewpoint just because I don't really consider the differences of a battle damaged figure over a clean one. Therefore my rules dictate my actions. Yet when I first started this poll, any significant changes will be included, and there are some figs on your list (especially Poggle) that really look different from the older version. The newer Poggle blows the old one away. It is really a nice repaint.

DarkArtist
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Best is Princess Leia followed closely by Han and Bib Fortuna
Worst is Barada followed by Chewie and Fett

Jaff
02-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Saga 2 brought out a great turnout, our most to date on any poll. Let's see if we have this kind of turnout during the rest of the years polls.

BEST
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2) 15
Han Solo Carbonite Chamber (Saga 2) 1
Bib Fortuna (Saga 2) 2

WORST
Barada (Saga 2) 13
Chewbacca (Saga 2) 2
Boba Fett (Saga 2) 2
Han Solo Carbonite Chamber (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
02-08-2007, 08:05 PM
The year end 2005

It’s that time again. Time to figure out who rules, and who drools. Consider these figures....

BEST
Tion Meddon (Sneak Peak)
Clone Trooper “Quick-Draw Attack” (ROTS)
Count Dooku “Sith Lord” (ROTS)
Ki-Adi-Mundi “Jedi Master” (ROTS)
Royal Guard “Senate Security - Red” (ROTS)
Clone Commander “Battle Gear-Red” (ROTS)
Deluxe General Grievous (ROTS)
AT-RT Trooper (AT-RT)
Ask Aak (ROTS)
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set)
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS)
Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS)
Anakin Skywalker Mustafar (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions)
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)
501st Clone Trooper (Jedi Temple Assault)
Yellow Clone/Pilot (Evolutions)
Commander Bly (ROTS)
R4-P17 (ROTS)
500th edition Darth Vader
Chewbacca (Early Bird)
Wedge Antilles (OTC)
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2)

WORST
General Grievous (Sneak Peak)
Mace Windu “Force Combat” (ROTS)
Battle Droid “Separatist Army” (ROTS)
Yoda “Spinning Attack” (ROTS)
General Grievous “Exploding Body” (ROTS)
Lava Reflection Vader (Target Exclusive)
General Grievous (Wheel Bike)
Destroyer Droid (ROTS)
Yellow “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set)
Yoda with Can Cell (ROTS)
Brown Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack)
R2-D2 Mustafar (ROTS)
Green Clone Commander (ROTS)
Emperor Palpatine (Evolutions)
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith)
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions)
Nemoidian Commander (ROTS)
Plo Koon Hologram (ROTS)
Princess Leia Hologram (OTC)
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird)
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC)
Barada (Saga 2)

Pick your BEST and WORST?

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Best - Dooku

Worst - Holiday Vader

Jaff
02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
That is one huge list, I’m gonna have to do one at a time.

This is the figs I don’t think are even worthy to be in a best of anything list.

AT-RT Trooper (AT-RT)
Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS)
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)

This is a list of figures that I like, but don’t have enough to be on a best list. The funny thing is, all the clone troopers lost points for sheer monotiny. Just think, in 2004 the super articulated was the best thing around. Now I deem them as something that is a standard, rather than a shockingly good figure. Others are remakes, or repaints that just didn’t grab me more than other figs.

Clone Trooper “Quick-Draw Attack” (ROTS)
Deluxe General Grievous (ROTS) - If only this fig was the right color it would have been in my final list!
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set)
501st Clone Trooper (Jedi Temple Assault)
Commander Bly (ROTS)
R4-P17 (ROTS)
Wedge Antilles (OTC)
500th edition Darth Vader - Limited playability, no top for the chamber = wanton.
Chewbacca (Early Bird) - His chin juts out way too much for me to like him. He looks like he was in a scene for Planet of the Apes.
Ki-Adi-Mundi “Jedi Master” (ROTS) - Ki is nice, but he doesn’t rack up to some of the other figs on this list.
Royal Guard “Senate Security - Red” (ROTS) - He was cut from the final list because he did not come with his proper guard staff. I had to use Saga guards to make this fig work. The fig itself is nice, just not complete.
Clone Commander “Battle Gear-Red” (ROTS) - Repainted, remade, and now it feels old, used, and abused. It’s not a bad figure, just not one of my favorites.
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS) - This is one of the best of 2005, no doubt about it, but it got cut from my final considerations because of his smooth face. It just isn’t accurate. They could have at least used Mustafar Anakin’s face for this deluxe fig.

Tion Meddon (Sneak Peak) - I always thought this was one of the coolest looking characters in Episode III. I love the fig, and although it doesn’t have leg articulation the detail of this dude is worth points.
Count Dooku “Sith Lord” (ROTS) - A perfect Dooku. In my eyes they’re wasting our time if they ever repaint or remake this fig. His softoods is even dead on, and I am not a softgoods fan. Every thing about this fig is just what it should be.
Ask Aak (ROTS) - This fig is in 2 films, and is detailed wonderfully. Although many might think Tarkin is the king of this way, I think Ask wins by eyestalks. He’s just a cool figure.
Anakin Skywalker Mustafar (ROTS) - Two figs in one, crispy Anakin is why we bought it, and it is a success just because it is a trilogy linking figure.
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)- The perfect Ben. Is there anything else need to be said.
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions) - This Anakin is just astounding. He has every accessory, every bit of articulation, and just looks wonderful. If all figs were made this way it would be heaven.
Yellow Clone/Pilot (Evolutions) - This was the first Episode II clone with a removable helmet, and a badly desired remake of the clone pilot. The fig pulls it off, and is a hot figure in my book.
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2) - An almost perfect remake. Leia is just to scale painted right, and just sculpted with fine detail. Her face could have used some tweaking though.

BEST of 2005 - Count Dooku, Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot, Anakin Padawan are just too good to ignore, and they bumped out all the other figures. The truth is it’s painful to pick out one of these three over another. I would say they are all ties. I will have to think about this one for a while.

Jaff
02-08-2007, 08:10 PM
As for the worst, here’s the figs that were really good enough to not be deserving of a worst label...

General Grievous (Sneak Peak)
Battle Droid “Separatist Army” (ROTS)
General Grievous “Exploding Body” (ROTS)
Destroyer Droid (ROTS)
Yellow “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set)
Yoda with Can Cell (ROTS)
R2-D2 Mustafar (ROTS)
Green Clone Commander (ROTS)
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions)
Nemoidian Commander (ROTS)
Plo Koon Hologram (ROTS)
Barada (Saga 2)

These figs stink, but they are not the worst...
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) - I hope no one picks this fig for an easy way out of picking another fig. Originally I never included this fig in my 2005 poll because it was a straight repack, however if he obtains the worst label so be it. I figured we already voted on this fig back in 2003, there was no need to go through this one again.
General Grievous (Wheel Bike) - When he’s on his bike he looks fine.
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird) - Anyone who buys this early bird set is buying it for nostalgia reasons for the most part. Therefore this Luke is fine, and should have a telescoping lightsaber like the old days. His color is a little off, but that does not make him worthy of the worst.
Yoda “Spinning Attack” (ROTS) - I don’t like this fig, but compared to some of the other bad figs he looks O.K.
Princess Leia Hologram (OTC) - Yeah, her sculpt is way off for the SW film, but so is the hologram of Plo Koon. Since Plo wasn’t the worst of the worst in my eyes, how can Leia be.

Here’s the stinkers for me...

Mace Windu “Force Combat” (ROTS) - Stunt double Mace just looks like garbage. Why didn’t they use the Episode I Mace.
Lava Reflection Vader (Target Exclusive) - This fig is just another of a million retools and repaints of Darth. It beats out the holiday Vader though.
Brown Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack) - A statue that looks like a clone, but was EU, and is easily passable for worthiness to be a figure.
Emperor Palpatine (Evolutions) - This fig’s cape, and face just look awful. I hate this fig, in fact had it been better I would have bought the Evolutions Sith set. As it is, I don’t feel I missed out on anything.
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC) - Lazy, boring, and way off. This fig is desperate capatilism at it’s best. The fig is just not worth acknowledging in any way. Slapping it with a worst label may cause me to remember this one, and I would rather forget it than remember it.

WORST - Holiday Darth Vader doesn’t have a chance. He was a dud the moment he was announced to be released.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 08:22 PM
BEST Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)

WORST - this was hard to decide upon out of these poops:

Mace Windu “Force Combat” (ROTS)
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird)
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC)

OK: I hate this figure: Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)

I mean it's not fair: 5 of these were pretty much total crap:

1) bad arm / shoulder sculpt
2) wrong species
3) dumb way to do armor
4) poor telescoping saber limitations not appropriate for modern line
5) someone ought to take the spray paint away from the kids

Yeah, I still say someone mistook Planet of the Apes for their inspiration for that Luke DS II figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-08-2007, 09:42 PM
BEST

BEST
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) - This figure deserves to be on the worst list. I think we may have voted the carded version onto that list earlier.
Tion Meddon (Sneak Peak) - Nice figure, but mostly a statue.
Clone Trooper “Quick-Draw Attack” (ROTS) - Great figure, but action feature keeps it from being the best.
Count Dooku “Sith Lord” (ROTS) - A definitive Dooku.
Ki-Adi-Mundi “Jedi Master” (ROTS) - A near definitive Ki-Adi-Mundi.
Royal Guard “Senate Security - Red” (ROTS) - The billowing robe keeps this one from the top spot.
Clone Commander “Battle Gear-Red” (ROTS) - A great figure, but he wasn't in the movie.
Deluxe General Grievous (ROTS) - No Grievous made to date is deserving of being the best.
AT-RT Trooper (AT-RT) - Just a pack-in and not worthy of being on this list.
Ask Aak (ROTS) - Nice looking figure, but doesn't have the qualities I want in a best figure.
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set) - Good figure, but just a repaint.
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS) - A nice idea, but I agree the head didn't look right.
Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS) - Can't really consider this one.
Anakin Skywalker Mustafar (ROTS) - A nice dual purpose figure, but the regular head doesn't look right.
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - An excellent figure underneath that big plastic blanket.
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions) - An AOTC Anakin that makes up for all the previous failed attempts.
501st Clone Trooper (Jedi Temple Assault) - Just a repaint.
Yellow Clone/Pilot (Evolutions) - I'm not sure of the source of all his parts, but not an entirely new figure here.
Commander Bly (ROTS) - This Commander was in the movie, but is a repaint of a figure already released in this line.
R4-P17 (ROTS) - Just a repaint.
500th edition Darth Vader - Another Vader without much new to add.
Chewbacca (Early Bird) - Great figure, but only a slight difference between this and VOTC.
Wedge Antilles (OTC) - A nice, long awaited figure, but not quite good enough to be best here.
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2) - A great resculpt.

It comes down to three for me. Dooku, AOTC Evolutions Anakin, and Leia Boussh Disguise. I'm going to go with Anakin because it was a more necessary resculpt.

For worst, I've pared it down to the following:

Yoda “Spinning Attack” (ROTS) - A ROTS Yoda we already had. Need another, we did not. The gimmick is kind of fun though, so it does not lose this round.
General Grievous “Exploding Body” (ROTS) - We already had three carded Grievouses, and this was worse than all of those.
Lava Reflection Vader (Target Exclusive) - Had some extra POTF2 Vaders lying around, did we?
General Grievous (Wheel Bike) - This is probably the worst here, but it serves its purpose to sit in the Wheel Bike chair.
Princess Leia Hologram (OTC) - Wrong sculpt.
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC) - This looks like this was just dipped in red paint. I wish they had done more with this, but I suppose it could be used as a colorul ornament to be hung from the Christmas tree.

BEST - AOTC Anakin Evolutions
WORST - Esploding General Grievous

pegger
02-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Best - Dooku. It's a definative version.

Worst - so much carp.....Holiday Vader has it. There was no effort in this one at all.

Darth Jax
02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
best - pilot obi
worst - holiday vader

El Chuxter
02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
This is a toughie, partly because there were so many figures; so many great ones, and so many horrible ones, too.

Best: Painful to cut some of these, but I've got to give mad props to Royal Guard “Senate Security - Red” (ROTS)

Worst: In a sea of crap, I think Christmas Vader is a clear loser