PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

bigbarada
02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
There's no real standout for the best figure here, at least as far as I'm concerned since the figures I consider best of 2005 didn't even make it on the list.

My choice for best of 2005 would be Evolutions Vader.... but he didn't even make it to the "best" list.

So, I'll go with Leia Boushh as the best, even though I don't own one yet (in fact, I don't think I own a single figure on this "best" list).

Worst: Holiday Vader, I don't even have to think about it.

sebillba
02-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Best - I'm kind of torn between Tion Medon and Obi-Wan Pilot. Although Tion has awesome sculpt and detail, his pose is limited. OBI-WAN is an all round great action figure, so gets my vote.

Incidentally, I've just got the first wave of 30th Aniversary figures, and this Obi is still miles better than the new version... apart from this one having a more neutral head sculpt, the TAC version has a new left hand to hold a blaster - except it can't hold a blaster, and is completely useless.

Worst - has to be the BROWN CLONE statue for me.

tagmac
02-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Since this is a long list, I'm gonna have to make this two posts as well. First with the "best" list:

Figures I never got, and so are exempt from my vote:

Deluxe Crab Droid (ROTS)
Han Solo (Rebellion vs. Empire BP)
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set)
R4-P17 (ROTS)
Wedge Antilles (OTC)
Chewbacca (Early Bird)

...and the rest:

AT-RT Trooper (AT-RT) - boring figure, but needed for the walker
Clone Trooper “Quick-Draw Attack” (ROTS) - a good clone, but boring and barely in the movie
Deluxe General Grievous (ROTS) - the best Greivous figure, but far from best overall
501st Clone Trooper (Jedi Temple Assault) - a contender, just looks really cool
Commander Bly (ROTS) - a needed repaint, but too bright yellow for me
500th edition Darth Vader - a great figure, but yet another Vader
Ki-Adi-Mundi “Jedi Master” (ROTS) - the cloth robe does nothing for me
Royal Guard “Senate Security - Red” (ROTS) - lack of a force pike hurts this fig
Clone Commander “Battle Gear-Red” (ROTS) - loved it at first, but now it's just boring, & not movie-accurate
Deluxe Darth with operating table (ROTS) - smooth head hurt this one
Tion Meddon (Sneak Peak) - another contender, I loved the detail and pose on this one
Count Dooku “Sith Lord” (ROTS) - a great Dooku, but not enough to make it a contender for me
Ask Aak (ROTS) - loved the detail on this one, too
Anakin Skywalker Mustafar (ROTS) - again, hurt by the poor detail on the face
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - Best pose & likeness of Obi ever!
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions) - Best padawan Anakin figure, but hurt by it's lack of a cloak
Yellow Clone/Pilot (Evolutions) - Already had four, so that by now this one was boring
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2) Excellent scale and detail, but the face bugged me a little bit

tagmac
02-09-2007, 01:19 PM
As for the worst.....

Figures that were ok, and don't really belong on this list
Yellow “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set)
General Grievous (Sneak Peak)
Yoda with Can Cell (ROTS)
R2-D2 Mustafar (ROTS)
Green Clone Commander (ROTS)
Plo Koon Hologram (ROTS)
Barada (Saga 2)
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird)
Princess Leia Hologram (OTC)
Lava Reflection Vader (Target Exclusive) - really didn't think this was all bad, and since it was an exclusive, the concept worked for me
Emperor Palpatine (Evolutions) - this one I actually thought was among the best, especially posed with a lightsaber in one hand, and force lightning coming from the other

....and the rest:

Battle Droid “Separatist Army” (ROTS) - didn't need any more battle droids, and the rubbery legs were awful
General Grievous “Exploding Body” (ROTS) - horrendous, won't stay together, and completely unneccesary once the movie-accurate Target exclusive came out
Destroyer Droid (ROTS) - giant red "missles" should be banned from all future figures
Obi-Wan Kenobi with armor (Jedi vs. Sith) - too clunky-looking for my taste
White Sandtrooper (Evolutions) - I won't even say what this guy looked like, with all of that dirt smeared on him for a "worn" look
Nemoidian Commander (ROTS) - seriously, did we really need more of these guys??!!
Plo Koon Hologram (ROTS) - not movie-accurate, and a sign that they were going overboard with the holo figs
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) this pose was still horrendous, as was the face
General Grievous (Wheel Bike) useless w/o the bike
Mace Windu “Force Combat” (ROTS) - was a nice idea, but poorly executed
Brown Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack) - the least movie-accurate of all the EU-style clones

Best: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot - this one looked awesome in the picture of the 50 figs, and is equally awesome in person, especially with the cloak & w/o the headpiece

Worst: Exploding Greivous - I was really sorry I bought this one - heck, it wasn't even movie accurate, never mind that it couldn't stand w/o the overdone cloak.

Bosskman
02-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Best - Gotta go with my gut - Ask Aak

Worst - Wheel Bike Grievous - hate him

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Best - Obi-Wan Kenobi (With Pilot Gear!)
Worst - Holiday Edition Darth Vader

Jaff
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM
As for my BEST vote it has to go with Anakin Padawan. I know he won't win it, but I still love that fig. Which brings us to the results of this poll...

BEST
Count Dooku (ROTS) 2
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) 5
Anakin Skywalker Padawan (Evolutions) 2
Royal Guard ďSenate Security - Red (ROTS) 1
Princess Leia Boussh Disguise (Saga 2) 1
Ask Aak (ROTS) 1

WORST
Holiday Darth Vader (OTC) 7
Luke Skywalker (Rebellion vs. Empire BP) 1
General Grievous ďExploding bodyĒ (ROTS)2
Brown Clone Trooper (Deluxe 3-pack) 1
General Grievous (Wheel Bike) 1

And the giants and loosers of the years are....

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC)
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)
2006 - ?

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga)
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC)
2005 - Holiday Edition Darth Vader (OTC)
2006 - ?

Now for 2006....

Jaff
02-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Our first wonderful batch of figures are a pretty fair match against each other. In fact itís hard to pick one over the other. However, we need to and Iím anticipating a very close race, if not spread out all over the place. What group am I talking about, why, the Entertainment Earth exclusive Astromech Droids of course. Another awesome EE pack that did not disappoint.

R2-X2
R3-Y2
R2-M5
R3-T2
R4-E1
R2-C4
R4-A22
R2-A6
R3-A6
R3-T6
R2-Q2

Which is your Best and Worst?

Inspect the links for both sets. Please be very specific about which droid you pick.

Astromech Droid pack #1
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCastroS1.asp
Astromech Droid pack #2
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCastroS2.asp

Jaff
02-11-2007, 12:32 AM
This is a really confusing and weird assortment. How does one pick one astro over another?

R2-X2 - You know, someday we will have all the figs of the Yavin briefing room and this droid is one step closer. I like his paint scheme, but not enough to jump over him.
R3-Y2 - Hoth, Hoth, Hoth, what more is there to say. This droid is just as good as the one in the Hoth Battle Pack and is really a unique looking astro to date.
R2-M5 - Awesome, I loved getting the royal starship droid, and I am glad to have this set complete. One of the more joyful editions to my collection.
R3-T2 - Mos Eisley again. It's a great dio piece for when the Landspeeder is surrounded by troopers. I wish we can get some Mos Eisley citizens though. That should be the next EE exclusive packs (Bespin Citizens, Mos Eisley pedestrians, outlander club patrons). Now that would be a cool idea.
R4-E1 - BoShek's droid is a nice addition, and he's a Mos Eisley piece. I like him, but he's not my fave of the bunch.
R2-C4 - Another Naboo starshifp fig. It's one of the few yellow droids we have which makes it a little special.
R4-A22 - This is my least useful Astro as he is around Dex's diner, and there's not much dio material for that scene yet. Someday they will get around to it though and this fig will be more valuable.
R2-A6 - A nice droid, but it's pretty plain though, and is just an R2 thatís green.
R3-T6 - This is a sweet looking droid, still I like R3-Y2 much better because of the colors.
R2-Q2 - Traitor droid with a new Biggs figure comming out, what's not to love.

BEST - R3-Y2, it's just a nice fig, and I'm a sucker for HOTH.

WORST - There is no worst, the droids are great, but if I got to pick a looser I'll pick R4-A22 for reasons I stated above. He's just not that useful for dios right now.

Kidhuman
02-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Didnt get these, so no votes for me.

Tycho
02-11-2007, 01:33 AM
BEST: I like R2-Q2 (Biggs Darklighter's astromech). It's a cool color design.

WORST: R3-Y2 - sorry Jaff, but to me it looks the most boring of all the figures.

I was disappointed these sets didn't include R5 droids or the white R4 with the black dome from Hoth.

Still, they were very necessary and totally cool to get.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-11-2007, 01:40 AM
We basically have just three sculpts here.

Based on POTJ R4-M9
R4-E1 - They didn't bother to paint the copper wires on his "feet".
R4-A22 - This is a nice looking R4 unit.

Based on AOTC Sneak Preview R3-T7
R3-T6 - This one has my favorite color scheme of both of these sets.
R3-Y2 - This one is okay, but doesn't look as good as R3-T6.

Based on ROTS R4-G9
R3-T2 - Not sure if he's supposed to be that way, but the brownish band on his dome is uneven. Overall, I like this color scheme the least.
R2-X2 - A different dome pattern than the others.
R2-Q2 - I like the gray and black coloring of this one better than the black and white of R2-X2. It has the wavy dome pattern of R3-T2 though.
R2-A6 - I remember them making a 6 inch figure of this character. I like the coloring as well.
R2-M5 - Pretty much the same pattern as R2-A6 but maroon color.
R2-C4 - Ditto, this time yellow. I don't think it looks as good as the previous two.

So, tough to choose. The R4-G9 sculpt is the superior one in my opinion, with either R2-A6 or R2-M5 being my favorite repaint here. However, I like the color of R3-T6 the best. R3-T2 is my least favorite coloring, but R4-E1 has the unpainted wires. I'm not sure if I remember any of them enough to say I'm glad they made one over another. It's just nice to get all of these droids.

BEST - R3-T6
WORST - R3-T2

sebillba
02-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Best - R2-A6

Worst - R3-T2

Bosskman
02-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Got these and love them all. Not gonna vote because I like them pretty much all the same. I know that's weaseling out but that's what separates us from the animals ...... except the weasel.

pegger
02-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Best - R3-Y2 - but mostly becuase i've been agreeing the Tycho too much lately....

Worst - R3-T2...atleast on my TV his head is red, not brown.

Darth Jax
02-11-2007, 10:58 AM
worst- R3T2
best - R2Q2 has the best overall paint scheme

TheDarthVader
02-11-2007, 06:41 PM
best R2Q2 without a doubt
worst R3-Y2 I agree with Tycho

El Chuxter
02-11-2007, 09:57 PM
This will take research, Jaffy, but I will get back to you.

tagmac
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
I didn't buy any of these, so I'm gonna bow out of this vote. They're all the same to me.

Slicker
02-11-2007, 11:34 PM
The same. Didn't get this (unfortunately) so I'm out til next round.

bigbarada
02-12-2007, 03:19 AM
I probably bought three action figures from the entire Ep3 collection. It hasn't stopped me from voting yet. :p

The clear-domed R3 units and R4 units are based off the old inferior astromech bodies. So, any of those are a candidate for worst for me.

Best: R2-Q2 - I just like the paint scheme, it's different from anything else. It's really the only one I want from this set, but I just can't justify paying that much for it.

Worst: R3-T6 - it's the inferior R3 body and it's just the most boring looking of them all.

Jaff
02-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Well it wasn't a close race, but it wasn't a large turnout. Let's get back to the things we love voting on: Blister carded waves.

BEST
R3-Y2 (EE Droid pack) 2
R2-Q2 (EE Droid pack) 4
R3-T6 (EE Droid pack) 1
R2-A6 (EE Droid pack) 1

WORST
R4-A22 (EE Droid pack) 1
R3-Y2 (EE Droid pack) 2
R3-T2 (EE Droid pack) 4
R3-T6 (EE Droid pack) 1

Jaff
02-12-2007, 07:19 PM
The second wave of Saga figures were released, and what a wave it was. Although there was only one rehash: Riekaan (which is not included in the poll) there were some repaints that made old figs much improved. The Snowtrooper now had neutral legs which was great because to date we never had an improved Snowtrooper since the POTF that worked. R2 had slight repaints, but the AT-AT Driver and Veers were tremendous improvements.

1/06
Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers
Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin
Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver
Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2
Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper
Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader
Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid

So which is your best and worst?

Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC007veers.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC008derlin.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC009atatdriver.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC010r2d2.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC011snowtrooper.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC013vader.asp
Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC014powerdroid.asp

Jaff
02-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers - Two figs in one. I bought two, one in uniform, the other to display in AT-AT garb. I donít think they could have done better with this fig, and like the AT-AT Driver it sure was an awesome remake.
Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin - Finally Derlin, the fig is nice, but why is his finger pointing. Iím glad to have him, and Iím looking forward to getting more Hoth dudes some day.
Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver - Wow! This is one of my favorite imperial soldiers and this fig did not dissapoint. Heís awesome.
Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2 - VOTC with some white snow repaint and accessories that came with the SAGA Dagobah X-Wing......Yawn.
Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper - This is the diffinitive Snowtrooper. He is neutral, detailed, and thereís not much else to say about him.
Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader - O.K., Darth was extremely old at this point, and this Darth, although slightly repainted with a new hand, was just in the way of the other figures. Sure you could remove his helmet, but that didnít make him special, thus he was a real looser here.
Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid - This was a nice droid to have, but lets face it, it was just a repainted power droid with two attatchments. This hardly deserves nods.

BEST - AT-AT Driver

WORST - R2-D2: I pick the little guy over Darth for no reason other than Dart looks better displayed.

bigbarada
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
This is an easy one:

Best: AT-AT Driver - hands down, no contest

Worst: It's either Vader or the Snowtrooper, but I'll go with the Snowtrooper since the "battle-scarring" really detracted from this figure.

bigbarada
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers - I donít think they could have done better with this fig,

The backside of his armor would have been nice.

Kidhuman
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Best - AT-AT Driver

Worst - Vader

Tycho
02-12-2007, 08:06 PM
BEST - General Veers!

WORST - Vader

Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers - I wanted Veers so badly and this figure barely disappoints. The armor might've closed in the back. Otherwise he's perfect. A great figure!

Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin - I didn't care if they made him or not, but I bought him and will figure out how to add him to a diorama in the future. He's a nice figure. I was just hoping that they'd finally update the original Hoth Rebel Soldier from the vintage days - and he wasn't a grunt in the trenches.

Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver - I didn't need this figure and thus didn't buy it. How could you tell what figures are driving my AT-AT with the cockpit shut anyway? However, I can admire a perfect resculpt if we're rating the figures. I felt generous when I first voted and picked this guy, but my senses got the better of me. I usually whine about resculpts.

Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2 - eh...I always find uses for another R2D2 though. However, I don't think I bought this one either.

Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper - I had no use for him, too. I never bought one. Still, the sculpt work isn't bad.

Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader - Right. I understand why they must keep him in the line, like Batman or Spider-Man in those properties. I just don't happen to be a newbie or a collector, so another Darth (let alone 3-4 last year) was going to do WHAT for me?

Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid - I wanted this update to the Gonk for Hoth service. I thought they looked cool in the movie. It was nothing special, but I bought a couple.

My votes are at the beginning of my post.

Slicker
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
BEST: Veers (he's missing the back of his armor but are you really gonna display him backwards?!)

WORST: This is actually tough. I liked all of the figures but I MUST pick a worst so I'm gonna go with Bren Derlin only for the fact that he warmed the pegs pretty hard.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers - A great figure. Much better than the previous pack-in versions.

Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin - Nice to get Derlin, but not the best of this bunch.

Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver - Indeed, a nice upgrade here utilizing the features from the Dutch Vander sculpt.

Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2 - Nothing really new here, and not my favorite R2 sculpt. The accessories gave it some added value, though.

Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper - Better than the POTF2 versions, and more neutral than the Saga/OTC version.

Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader - I only got this one because it had a holo pack-in that I didn't have yet. I should have passed. I don't like that the helmet doesn't stay on.

Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid - Nice with the added thing on top and the extra droid. I wish they would have gotten rid of the action feature so that it could stand better.

BEST - I'll pick General Veers since the only version I had of him was the Assault on Hoth Battle Pack, and this is much better. The POTF2 AT-AT Driver was already pretty good so not as necessary, though I am glad they made it as I only had one of the POTF2 version.

WORST - Darth Vader

Battle Droid
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Best - AT-AT Driver

Worst - Vader

pegger
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Best - AT-AT driver - Bren a close second

Worst - Vader. No hesitation on that.

tagmac
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Saga 2 ESB: 07 - General Veers - I really looked forward to getting this one, and I also bought two, so as to display one in At-At Commander armor, one as an officer.
Saga 2 ESB: 08 - Major Bren Derlin - Another great figure. To answer your question, Jaff, the finger was pointed so as to make it match up with the trigger. Just too bad we didn't get a variant figure of the Major in his more Earthly Postal uniform. :D
Saga 2 ESB: 09 - AT-AT Driver - I wasn't gonna get this figure, but when I saw how great it looked (coupled with it's being so difficult to find), I ended up getting one after all.
Saga 2 ESB: 10 - R2-D2 - Yawn...yet another R2, although I hate to admit it, but I bought him for the hologram figure I didn't have yet.
Saga 2 ESB: 11 - Snowtrooper - I bought and later returned this figure. As much as I like Snowtroopers, the differences weren't enough to justify buying another one. However, I did find an UGH version eventually, which I did buy.
Saga 2 ESB: 13 - Darth Vader - Another Vader, and nothing special enough to justify spending money for it.
Saga 2 ESB: 14 - Power Droid - A nice-looking figure, but I already had the first Gonk Droid that came with the Jawa, and so I skipped this one.

Best: General Veers, although Derlin comes in a close second.

Worst: Darth Vader - completely unneccessary what with all the other Darths we would get in the coming year.

Rogue II
02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Best: Major Derlin. Veers wasn't too shabby, either.

Worst: Darth Vader. This was one of many Vaders released at the same time all year. Runner up would be the Snowtrooper. Look ath the AT-AT driver and tell me they couldn't have done better than this rehash.

El Chuxter
02-12-2007, 10:25 PM
AT-AT Driver and Vader for me.

For the last round, since it was such a landslide, I'll just go with the consensus. :)

Darth Jax
02-12-2007, 10:44 PM
best - at-at driver
worst - darth

honorable mentions for veers and snowtroopers

sebillba
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Best - AT-AT DRIVER.... always one of my favourite vintage figs - this was a superb remake.

Worst - R2-D2... boring, snoring.

bigbarada
02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I actually liked this Artoo a little better than the VOTC version. His dirt applications made him fit better with Dagobah Luke and Yoda, plus I never bought an X-Wing, so the accessories were new to me. It's currently my favorite Artoo figure.

General Veers half-armor is significant enough of a flaw for me to think that we'll eventually need another version of this figure. Maybe just a generic AT-AT Commander without all the removable accessories. Veers doesn't even fit inside the AT-AT cockpit, so maybe the new version should be a little shorter with articulated knees.

Or just make the AT-AT bigger, either way.:D

Of course, the AT-AT Driver could have been made better. Every figure has room for improvement. Super-articulation would have been great. But, the only other figure that could possibly be better for 2006 is the Biker Scout. As it stands, I'm still going to have trouble picking between these two for the best of 2006. I'm pretty confident that the AT-AT Driver and Biker Scout will make it to the final round, BTW.

Jaff
02-13-2007, 05:24 PM
AT-AT Driver and Darth sweeps the voting with ease...

BEST
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) 8
General Veers (Saga 2) 4
Major Bren Derlin (Saga 2) 1

WORST
R2-D2 (Saga 2) 2
Darth Vader (Saga 2) 9
Bren Derlin (Saga 2) 1
Snowtrooper (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Our next wave had a ton of rehashes, but three new figs that were completely new and one major repaint. The wave was easy to find, with the exception to Scorch, who later became a figure that did not remain rare. The Demise of General Grievous figure found itself to clearance prices within one month of itís release..

2/06
Saga 2 AOTC: 15 - Sora Bulq
Saga 2 AOTC: 16 - Sun Fac
Saga 2 AOTC: 18 - Poggle the Lesser
Saga 2: 21 - Scorch
4/06
Demise of General Grievous (Target Exclusive)

Which is the BEST and WORST?

Saga 2 AOTC: 15 - Sora Bulq
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC015sorabulq.asp
Saga 2 AOTC: 16 - Sun Fac
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc016sunfac.asp
Saga 2 AOTC: 18 - Poggle the Lesser
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc018poggle.asp
Saga 2: 21 - Scorch
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc021scorch.asp
Demise of General Grievous (Target Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCDemiseofGrievous.asp

Jaff
02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Saga 2 AOTC: 15 - Sora Bulq - Hey where is this guy seen in the movie? Maybe I havenít looked hard enough. The figure looks cool, but does not make me go ga-ga.
Saga 2 AOTC: 16 - Sun Fac - Now this was a nice Geonosian to have. He looks great in dioramas, and has a nice pose. He was a real contender for the best.
Saga 2 AOTC: 18 - Poggle the Lesser - This Poggle was not lesser than the first. The repaint with this figure is a difference between night and day. I canít believe they improved the first version.
Saga 2: 21 - Scorch - Iím not an EU guy, but this fig was wonderful. He looked great!
Demise of General Grievous (Target Exclusive) - This fig ainít good for much, but when posed as he should appear he looks very good, and Iím glad to have him.

BEST - Scorch, he just steals the show.

WORST - Sora Bulq, Poggle looks better than Bulq side by side.

sebillba
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Best - I can't vote for an EU clone, a geonosian, a repaint or a rehash, so it will have to be SORA BULQ.

Worst - the only one I haven't got is GRIEVOUS, so that's my worst.

Tycho
02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Saga 2 AOTC: 15 - Sora Bulq - I was glad they made him. He almost made the cut in our scene-by-scene poll, too, landing just outside the top 50. Overall, he's not that impressive, just cool to have. You can find him in the movies, Jaff. He made a name for himself by turning to the Dark Side and serving Dooku in the Republic comics. - That's the coolest reason to have him. He fought Mace and Quinlan Vos.

Saga 2 AOTC: 16 - Sun Fac - "Now this was a nice Geonosian to have. He looks great in dioramas, and has a nice pose. He was a real contender for the best." - Jaff. Well, we're definitely agreed.

Saga 2 AOTC: 18 - Poggle the Lesser - "The repaint with this figure is a difference between night and day. I can’t believe they improved the first version." - Jaff. While I didn't need him, nor did I buy him, I was impressed by him.

Saga 2: 21 - Scorch - It was cool that they made him. I don't play the video games, but I related to this guy because I read Karen Traviss' Star Wars novels about another squad of these guys and I think they are super-cool. However, I wished the figure was more articulate.

Demise of General Grievous (Target Exclusive) - I never saw this figure in the stores (I think) but then I never went looking for him. I found all my Geonosis wave figures at Wal-Mart and barely wanted any - not even buying 1 of the 4 chosen for review here (Poggle) and not at all bothering with the rest (except I started getting Utopau Clones out of this wave I believe). But not being in Target, this came and went without me caring much. The pictures that Rebelscum has up of him now make he reconsider (slightly) my decision not to buy him. But initial pictures of him (on that site and others) convinced me at the time that I didn't want this figure. I'd make the scene of the final conflict between Obi-Wan and Grievous, but just make it "before he fired."

BEST - Sun Fac I guess. He's new and well designed and well-painted.

WORST - Poggle he's a repaint, so we all know Tycho holds a lower opinion of them. Sora was plainer, but I wanted that figure anyway.

bigbarada
02-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Best: Scorch - pretty cool figure in a lackluster wave.

Worst: General Greivous

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Best: Scorch is kewl.

Worst: Grievous. I bought two. But neither was for me.

Kidhuman
02-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Best - I cant vote for Scorch as he seemed to get shoved down our throats and became Flavor of the Month. Sun Fac gets my vote here.

Worst - Yam faced Grievous

Slicker
02-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Best - Sun Fac

Worst - Scorch. I. Hate. EU.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
This was probably my least favorite wave of the year, mainly for the repacks that aren't being voted on here.

Sun Fac - Not a big fan of the Geonosian figures, but this one does look pretty nice and has some good articulation.

Poggle - Another Geonosian. He looks better than the previous version of him, but still not excited about it since I already had one.

Grievous - Too scene specific, and I'm not sure if I like the look of it.

Scorch - Nice to have an EU figure. He looks all right, but the legs are in a fixed pose.

Sora Bulq - I'm not sure where he was in the battle, but this is a pretty good figure. Another Jedi and he's probably the most articulated of the bunch. No knee articulation, but he does have ankle articulation.

BEST - Sora Bulq
WORST - Grievous

pegger
02-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Best - as much as I want to say Scorch - who is an AWESOME fig, he doesn't have enough articulation to get it. Sun Fac, on the other hand, is a fantastic fig with no draw backs.

Worst - I know he's not on the list, but Yoda...I bought him for the stand. I feel dirty for doing that.

tagmac
02-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Saga 2 AOTC: 15 - Sora Bulq - A great-looking figure, and a cool character in the comics. Besides the Utapau Clone, this was the figure I most wanted from the wave.

Saga 2 AOTC: 16 - Sun Fac - The best-looking Geonosian figure out there, and certainly a contender, but not one of my bigger favorites.

Saga 2 AOTC: 18 - Poggle the Lesser - To me, the repaint was no better and no worse than the first version. I didn't but this one as a result.

Saga 2: 21 - Scorch - Didn't lose sleep over the fact that he was hard to find (the only reason he earned that "flavor of the month" title), and yet I bought one when I finally did find one. Not one of the better EU characters to have made.

Demise of General Grievous (Target Exclusive) - I actually liked this one, and feared it would be impossible to find. It was actually extremely easy, pegwarming for several weeks, but I only bought one. A good sculpt, movie-accurate, and a major improvement over that lame "exploding Greivous" figure we got earlier.

Best: Sora Bulq. As much as I liked Greivous, I just think this guy looked the coolest.

Worst: Scorch. For all the hype, I really didn't think this figure was all that great, never mind the fact that it was pure EU (Sora Bulq has a brief cameo near the end of the Battle of Geonosis).

Darth Jax
02-13-2007, 11:05 PM
best - scorch
worst - grievous

i didn't play the game, but enjoyed the republic commando novels. nice to get a fig from those stories even if it was delta squad.

Bosskman
02-14-2007, 05:35 AM
I know I missed the Hoth wave vote but here were my then-prophetic pics:

Best - AT-AT Driver
Worst - Vader

This wave:

Best - Sora Bulq (Fac was close but his head was too green, didn't match the rest of him)

Worst - Scorch

Battle Droid
02-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Best - Sun Fac

Worst - Scorch

Jaff
02-15-2007, 07:03 AM
This was a very close race, if it wasn't for battle droid we would have a three way tie.

BEST
Scorch (Saga 2) 4
Sora Bulq (Saga 2) 4
Sun Fac (Saga 2) 5

WORST
Sora Bulq (Saga 2) 1
Demise of General Grievous (Saga 2) 6
Poggle the Lesser (Saga 2) 1
Scorch (Saga 2) 4
Yoda (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
02-15-2007, 07:12 AM
When the UGH figures were released this wave coincided with it, and they were in demand. Finding Cody was like looking for a needle in a haystack. Some of the sculpts were completely new while a few were just repaints or with new accessories.

3/06
Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot
Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - Neimoidian Pilot
Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody
Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker
Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper
Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram
Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama
Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous

Which is your BEST or WORST?

Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc022firespeeder.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - Neimoidian Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc023lushros.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc024cody.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc025anakin.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc026clone.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc027kiadimundi.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc028obiwan.asp
Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc029foulmoudama.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc030grievous.asp

Jaff
02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot - This fig is awesome. I never realized that they were in the movie more than the very first scene when Dookuís ship crashes. The figs detail is awesome, and neutral. What a fig.
Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - Another Neimoidian, I was happy about that. We still need more of them, and someday Iím sure weíll get some.
Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody - We had been waiting for Cody for over a year now. I wish he had a more neutral pose, but he works, and I like him.
Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker - Rereleasing figs with softgood capes is an old trend, and the capes that come with these figs really donít do the job at all. They look cheesy. I display them without their BLANKETS.
Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - I bought like 8 of these dudes, and they are one of the best looking repaints made to date. Thereís nothing really special about them, I just like the fact that they are in the film dominantly and they look good.
Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram - Ki was in the movie as a hologram, and thatís kind of nice, but holograms were a dime a dozen at this point in time. Nothing special about this.
Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - See Anakin above...
Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama - Cartoony Muftak is just weak. When I first got this fig I thought he was interesting, but that notion faded quickly.
Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous - This Grievousí cape was a very pleasurable repaint. The cape really looks 100% better than the first, and makes the fig a little darker. There is still a scale issue, but it is still the best Grievous to date, until they make a right scale Grievous.

BEST - Fire Speeder Pilot

WORST - Foul Moudama, I would have picked Obi or Anakin, but Foul just bores me.

Kidhuman
02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Best - Firespeeder Pilot

Worst - Lushros, only because I am tired of seeing his a55 a year later

Darth Jax
02-15-2007, 08:33 AM
best - hard to choose from cody, firespeeder pilot and foul. i'd give a slight edge to foul.
worst - holo ki (i'm sick of the holo figures)

Tycho
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot - Nice!

Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - We had to have him (not being sarcastic)

Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody - Alright. Isn't he shorter than other clones (the figure, unfortunately)? Well, he looks good with his men. He should have been released in 2005 on the ROTS card. Cody was one of the most anticipated figures ever since E3 debuted.

Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker - Grrrr. Compared with the ROTS Evolutions figure, this sculptwork looks like crap. I'm sure Hasbro did that on purpose to help sell their Evolutions set. But actually, the AOTC Anakin was the best figure in that set.

Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - Cool! I loved this guy and bought tons of him for myself and the Grand Army of our own JediMasterSal.

Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram - Yawn. But he was necessary and I bought him for my Jedi Council scene.

Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - He's tolerable. I didn't need him, but Hasbro finally nailed down Ewan McGreggor's look after 3 movies.

Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama - Eh. I bought him and I'll plan to buy Rorron Corab, or however you spell it, to fight alongside Shaak-Ti vs. Grievous and his Magna Droid body guards. That was an awesome part of the cartoon!

Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous - I didn't need it, but it's a nice repaint and it didn't really offend by warming the pegs.

WORST - Anakin

pegger
02-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot - Amazing detail given for this minor minor minor character. I am very impressed with the articulation.

Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - I agree with Tycho that this was a necessary character to have, and it was good for what it is.

Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody - I was SO excited to see Cody. The helmet is perfect, and aside from height (and some articulation) issues, he is a solid figure.

Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker - Stupid softgoods made me buy this. Still, not nearly as good as the Evolutions fig.

Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - Another clone...I'm was on clone overload at this point...

Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram - I like Holo figures. Maybe it's the cold weather up here? Anyways, the figure was adequate.

Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Agree with Tycho (again). meh..but at least a good likeness.

Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama - I'm going to disagree with most - but I love this figure. Maybe 'cause I love the character...

Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous - Colouring is better - figure still is too small.

WORST - Grievous - he is still too small.

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Best: Firespeeder Pilot

Worst: Hmmm. This is getting to the point where I started passing on a lot of figures. Though I didn't get him, I'll say Grievous. They shouldn't bother until they can make him in the proper scale.

sebillba
02-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Best - LUSHROS

Worst - HOLO KI-ADI

Slicker
02-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Best - Foul

Worst - Holo Mundi

bigbarada
02-15-2007, 11:31 AM
This was a nice wave of figures, I'm almost at a three way tie for the best since I'm having trouble choosing between Cody, the Utapuaun Clonetrooper and the FireSpeeder Pilot.

Best really does have to go to the FireSpeeder Pilot, though, it's nice to have a "regular-Joe" figure every once in a while. The Clonetrooper is just a repaint (although he's one of the better repaints) and Cody is a little disappointing in the articulation department.

Worst: Holo Ki Adi Mundi

General_Grievous
02-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Best - Commander Cody

Worst - Holo Ki Adi

Battle Droid
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Best - Lushros Dofine

Worst - Anakin Skywalker

tagmac
02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
This was one wave I got really lucky on, finding the entire set in one shot, in K-Mart of all places! Didn't get them all, though.

Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot - This was a really nice-looking figure. Hasbro always seems to nail the details the best on these "blink-and-you'll-miss-'em" characters.

Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody - Much anticipated, and well worth the wait. I never noticed a problem with the height or the sculpt, and he even had his backpack, as some feared he did not.

Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker - The cloak here looked ridiculous. The Evolutions version, while a bit "shiny," still looked better.

Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - Hasbro did it right this time, packing two of these cool and important clones in the case (unlike the shortpack in the previous wave). Too bad they didn't double up with Cody as well here.

Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram - A necessary figure from the movie, but I was pretty sick of the holo's at this point, and left it on the pegs. You can still find this guy with the blue holo figure in some stores.

Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Already had the pilot version, and so I didn't need another version with a cloth cloak, which didn't look that good anyway. The sculpted TPM Naboo version still ranks as the best cloaked Obi-Wan.

Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama - As a cartoon figure, it would have been fine. As a movie figure, it was just plain dumb, with those oversized boots especially. I already had Muftak, and didn't need this ridiculous rehash.

Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous - Didn't seem any different than the preview version I already had, and so I left him on the shelf as well.

Best: Commander Cody - A great figure overall. Firespeeder Pilot is a close second, woth the Utapauan Clone right behind.

Worst: Foul Modama - I just can't get over how dumb this figure looks in this form.

Slicker
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
This was one wave I got really lucky on, finding the entire set in one shot, in K-Mart of all places! Didn't get them all, though.
Strangely enough that's exactly where I got this wave too.

Tycho
02-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - Hasbro did it right this time, packing two of these cool and important clones in the case (unlike the shortpack in the previous wave). Too bad they didn't double up with Cody as well here.

Actually, because Hasbro was smart and knew the Utopau Clone would become a hardcore staple for army builders, they added him to the Geonosis case at 1 per case, knowing they would ship 2 per case in the Coruscant assortment the next month that followed. This was smart because it made the figure more readily available for army builders, so they'd be closer to "done," as more and more of this figure shipped. Even JediMasterSal got enough Utopau Clones.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Saga 2 ROTS: 22 - Fire Speeder Pilot - Great figure. Great articulation, neutral stance, and some accessories. Hard to top this one.

Saga 2 ROTS: 23 - Lushros Dofine - I wish they would make Daultay Dofine instead.

Saga 2 ROTS: 24 - Commander Cody - Nice to get Cody, but other than the removeable helmet, it's not as good as the regular Utapau Trooper.

Saga 2 ROTS: 25 - Anakin Skywalker - Sure are getting a lot of mileage out of this sculpt. The link shows this to be the 9th time this was used.

Saga 2 ROTS: 26 - Orange Utapaun Clone Trooper - It's just a repaint of ROTS #41, but it seems like it is a much better figure for some reason. Still, it's just another clone repaint.

Saga 2 ROTS: 27 - Ki-Adi-Mundi Hologram - Nothing that special here. Just another holographic figure.

Saga 2 ROTS: 28 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Nice to have this with a soft goods cloak, but that's about the only thing different here. This was the best ROTS Obi-Wan sculpt, but I don't like the wide stance.

Saga 2: 29 - Foul Moudama - I liked that we got this figure. I wish they would have made it easier for him to hold his lightsaber.

Saga 2 ROTS: 30 - General Grievous - I was going to pass on this one, but since they got a bit closer to the correct cape color, I changed my mind. Also helping in the decision was the way he was posed on the card. I hadn't really noticed that the ROTS preview figure had the same articulation, so this seemed different until I realized otherwise.

WORST - Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi

Bosskman
02-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Best - Cody
Worst - Anakin

The Utapau clones are awesome. I had no triouble finding the 8 I got and yet they never seemed to warm the pegs. I like Foul too, he's weird lookin' with those boots. I like it. Grievous was way better than his first release, amazing what a colour change can do for a figure. Lushros and FSP, both top knotch figures, all around a solid wave and maybe a contender for best wave overall ........

Jaff
02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Cody got 2 votes? That was a surprise, but since I picked the firespeeder without hesitation for his detail, I guess it's not a surprise at the same time. I bet if Cody was neutral and was of perfect scale he might have gave the fire speeder a harder run.

BEST
Fire Speeder Pilot (Saga 2) 7
Foul Moudama (Saga 2) 2
Lushross Dofine (Saga 2) 2
Commander Cody (Saga 2) 3

WORST
Foul Moudama (Saga 2) 2
Lushross Dofine (Saga 2) 1
Holographic Ki-Adi Mundi (Saga 2) 6
Anakin Skywalker (Saga 2) 3
General Grievous (Saga 2) 2

Jaff
02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Waiting for VOTC figures is now my most anticipated thing every year. I buy one packaged, and one loose, and although pricey I love them. Theyíre positively fantastic, and this new wave of VOTC figures was the .

4/06
VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
VOTC: Greedo
VOTC: Biker Scout
VOTC: Tuskin Raider
VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear

7/06
VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper

Which is your BEST and I bet I can guess your WORST of this batch?

VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vlukexwing.asp
VOTC: Greedo
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vgreedo.asp
VOTC: Biker Scout
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vscout.asp
VOTC: Tuskin Raider
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vsand.asp
VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vhanendor.asp
VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC-Vgeorgestorm.asp

Jaff
02-16-2007, 09:13 AM
VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - This Luke was really nice. Dutch broke this standard wide open, so this Luke feels like a normal figure, not something that is unique and surprising. Itís still a good figure.
VOTC: Greedo - I actually was pleased with the Commtech Greedo, but I think this fig looks better than that one. His hands are much better, and his detail more refined. Still, heís not the best.
VOTC: Biker Scout - A super articulated Biker Scout is just cool, thereís no reason to complain, or to shun this fig in any way. I bought a couple of this one, and went broke in the process.
VOTC: Tuskin Raider - I donít like softgoods, but this figs softgoods actually look good when you let the fig hold itís gafferti stick above his head. This is one of those figs you grow to love.
VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear - Han looks good. Itís nice to have a fig that is super posable in this outfit. Still heís not the best of this bunch.
VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper - I donít dislike the Georgie Stormie, I just think itís something weíve seen before. I love this fig because the Stormie is on a SW backing card unlike the VOTC ROTJ Stormie. You see, I want the VOTC figs that came out on the right card. For instance I passed on a packaged Chewie because heís on a ROTJ card instead of a SW card. 3PO is on an Empire so I passed on that too. So this Lucas was something I was grateful for, yet heís an easy worst of this bunch.

BEST - Tusken Raider

WORST - George Lucas as Stormtrooper

El Chuxter
02-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Best: Luke.

Worst: Lucastrooper.

sebillba
02-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Best - I'm sure I'll be on my own here, but my vote goes to GREEDO. This is far and away my favourite figure of all time. It single-handedly revitalised my enthusiasm for SW collecting, and is the reason I started visiting this very site on a regular basis. Buying this figure coincided with the start of this Best/Worst thread, which in turn has re-fuelled my passion for these figures, and has encouraged me to go back and seek out many other figures I passed on the first time round.

Worst - I love all this wave, but since I have to pick a worst, I'll go for George Trooper. I do like this figure though, and am really pleased to have it (thanks again KH!!:D )

Rogue II
02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Best: Biker Scout

Worst: Tusken Raider. The forearms pop off too easy, and the soft goods are too bulky.

Kidhuman
02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Best - Tusken

Worst - Lucas

pegger
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Best - Luke

Worst - Lucas

DarkArtist
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Best : Scout Trooper
Worst : Greedo

Battle Droid
02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Best - Biker Scout

Worst - Lucas

Tycho
02-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't buy these figures, as I'm a diorama builders and not a collector. I also really don't think VOTC can do anything much that I'll find useful (Chewie's removeable bandolier on the VOTC figure, plus finding 3 on clearance for background Wookiees on Kashyyyk being the exception).

In any case, I've admired and appreciated them while I was in the store.

VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - Clearly the best one. The perfection is in the details.

VOTC: Greedo - Boring. Enough of Greedo already. (Sorry Selbillba)

VOTC: Biker Scout - I actually own this figure in a way - the 4 Kashyyyk Clones I've started army building (up to 7 total with). It's a great sculpt. I'm just not fascinated by it.

VOTC: Tuskin Raider - Eh. He sort of looks like someone toilet-papered an action figure.

VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear - Han's sculpt looks good. I also like a soft-goods trench coat. It stirs some old nostalgia.

VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper - This was unnecessary. I had no desire to collect POPs or whatever to send away for this whatsoever. I don't even think I'd buy a Lucas figure sculpted in his flannel shirt and blue jeans. So this wasn't really necessary. As we're learning, it was just an early use of the mold for what they always intended with the Jango-head Trooper anyway. Thanks Hasbro.

By the way, I have a best friend who is also very particular about getting figures on the original release cardbacks for VOTC as well (Vader on a SW cardback versus an ESB one, etc.)

BEST - Luke X-wing

bigbarada
02-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Best: Biker Scout - this figure is really the star of this wave, almost perfect in every way.

Greedo and the Tusken are also great figures. The Tusken Raider would be my runner up for best in this wave. It's easily the definitive Tusken Raider and probably the best use of soft-goods I've seen in any action figure (if you've never taken the figure off the card, then you can't possibly understand what I mean).

Greedo is amazing as well, except for the vest, which is probably one of the worst uses of soft-goods I've seen. You can swap out the vest with Commtech Greedo, but that's still a minus against the figure and the main reason I can't consider it as best.

Don't get me wrong, I love this Greedo figure; but for the purpose of this poll, if you have to switch out parts, then it should disqualify the figure as best of the wave.

Worst: Lucas Trooper - terrible in concept and execution. If they had given him the VOTC Stormtrooper body then he might have been forgiveable.... for the regular line; but he's a stupid idea no matter how you look at it for this vintage-style line.

If not for the Lucas Trooper, Han Endor would be the worst in this wave. Just a massive disappointment no matter how you look at it. However, if you swap out heads with VOTC Han, it really improves this figures greatly (if you just happen to have an extra VOTC Han laying around).

Luke X-Wing was a big disappointment as well. I was soooo looking forward to this figure, but he just failed on so many levels. His helmet has less paint detail than any other modern version of Luke X-Wing and he's a great argument against ball-joint necks (even though I consider ball-joint necks to be one of the best modern innovations in action figure design), because once you put his helmet on, it's on forever. You can't take that helmet off without pulling off the head, then trying to dig it out of the helmet with a pair of tweezers.

Technically, he's not the worst figure of this wave, but he's my least favorite, next to Lucas Trooper of course.

tagmac
02-16-2007, 04:10 PM
VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - A really great-looking figure, and easily beats out the buck-toother Luke, which had previously been a stand-out of its own.

VOTC: Greedo - Why this figure was made VOTC over the more deserving Jawa boggles my mind. To me, we already got the definitive Greedo with the comm-tech chip.

VOTC: Biker Scout - Didn't really notice that much of a difference between this one and the previous version. Only bought one as part of the set.

VOTC: Tuskin Raider - It looks horrible with the soft-goods at first, as I never took mine out of the package. After seeing pictures, I can better appreciate what it looks like opened.

VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear - Not a bad figure, but without the trenchcoat, that "gut-joint" sticks out a little too much. What works on clones, droids, and even wookies does not work well on human figures.

VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper - Since I was never able to get a Jorg Sacul figure, this sufficed. Overall, while redundant, it still looks good as a figure.

Best: X-Wing Luke - the sculpt is awesome, and among the best in the entire series since Hasbro raised the bar for the pilot figures.

Worst: Greedo - that vest makes a boring, unnecessary figure even worse.

Bosskman
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Best - Luke
Worst - Lucas -waste of plastic, I have a a complete order form made out with the stickers that I put on and purposely never sent away because I hate this stupid figure so much.........

Mad Slanted Powers
02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
VOTC: Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - A good figure, but the face sculpt is once again not quite right. Lots of articulation, but something seems off with the joints. They don't seem as rounded as they could be. I think I had trouble with the helmet before, but I was able to take it off just now without pulling off the head (with a little effort).

VOTC: Greedo - This is an improvement over the Commtech/Cantina Bar version, but those were good figures. Thus, this was the least necessary of the bunch. The vest doesn't bother me so much, but they could have stuck with the older vest and it would have been fine.

VOTC: Biker Scout - A marked improvement over previous versions. Lots of articulation. Definitely a welcome addition and necessary upgrade.

VOTC: Tusken Raider - This figure is all okay, but kind of hard to get the soft goods to look right.

VOTC: Han Solo Endor Gear - Another great figure, and an improvement over the POTF2 version.

VOTC: George Lucas as Stormtrooper - I was happy to get this figure, but it is basically a Commtech Stormtrooper with a Lucas head, so certainly not on par with the rest of this bunch.

BEST - Biker Scout

2-1B
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
The Lucastormie looks like a work of art compared to that Sacul figure they show him pictured next to. lol

Bosskman
02-17-2007, 06:19 AM
I wouldn't pick up a Sacul if someone left it MIP on my doorstep.

Jaff
02-17-2007, 08:56 AM
By the way, I have a best friend who is also very particular about getting figures on the original release cardbacks for VOTC as well (Vader on a SW cardback versus an ESB one, etc.)

The woolworth "SW" (VOTC) blister Vader you speak of is currently my most annoying item to locate. Does your friend have this one? Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I get one? I can't seem to confirm it's existance, nor have I ever seen it on e-bay.

Sebillba do you have any insights since it's a U.K. exclusive apparently. I thought this one was supposed to be a SW card, not a ESB.

sebillba
02-17-2007, 10:10 AM
The woolworth "SW" (VOTC) blister Vader you speak of is currently my most annoying item to locate. Does your friend have this one? Has anyone ever seen one? Where can I get one? I can't seem to confirm it's existance, nor have I ever seen it on e-bay.

Sebillba do you have any insights since it's a U.K. exclusive apparently. I thought this one was supposed to be a SW card, not a ESB.

Jaff, yes as far as I know, these were a UK exclusive, but were really nothing special..... I got three free last year when I bought the dvds, (they were free with every £10 purchase) but I'm afraid I sold them all to subsidise the costs of the dvds. There are plenty on ebay.co.uk (search woolworths rather than woolworth), but are still on ESB cards. From what I remember, they were the same as the regular VOTC release, but with a Woolies sticker on the front, and half of the back card covered in warnings in various euro languages (probably another sticker). Here's a link to one on at the mo....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARTH-VADER-UK-Woolworths-Exclusive_W0QQitemZ150079000140QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 93841QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

(There are plenty cheaper, but this has the best pics.) As well as the freebie offer, Woolies were also selling them for £7.99 (around $15). I've not seen them for a while, but if it's still something you're keen to get, I'm happy to keep a look out for you.

Jaff
02-17-2007, 11:53 AM
We got the first tie of 2006...

Vintage OTC 2006
BEST
Tuskin Raider (VOTC) 2
Luke Skywalker X-Wing (VOTC) 5
Greedo (VOTC) 1
Biker Scout (VOTC) 5

WORST
George Lucas Stormtrooper (VOTC) 10
Tuskin Raider (VOTC) 1
Greedo (VOTC) 2

Jaff
02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Although pegwarmers in some areas, the Mos Eisley wave was one cool wave, and it was something that many had a hard time waiting for. I myself was thirsting for this wave, and almost every figure besides Darth, Han and Sandtrooper were figs I had to get my hands on.

5/06
Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon
Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4
Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon
Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan
Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo
Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho
Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron
Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle

Which is your best and worst?

Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc031momaw.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc032r5d4.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc033hemdazon.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc034garindan.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc035hansolo.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc036luke.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc037sand.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc038vader.asp

Jaff
02-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon - When I saw this figure I almost passed out. This dude looked awesome. It was one of the best resculpts ever.
Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4 - This resculpt was needed so badly, and the fig did not dissapoint. I liked it so much I display one in itís package.
Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon - Hem is cool, but canít stand worth anything. Having bo-legs will do that to a fig, but Lak could stand, thus this fig lost some points.
Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan - Another top notch repaint. I originally thought the first Garindan was fine, but this fig sure did show me wrong. I like the softgoods. During 2005 to today most of the softgoods uses were really nailed by Hasbro. There were some stinkers, but this wave is a perfect example of how to balance softgood figures.
Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo - VOTC with a new head. That was not a big deal. There was no need for this figure.
Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho - This figure rocks, not only for itís softgood poncho, and sculpt, but for his incredible chest that comes with him. What a really nice touch. This fig is one of my faves of this bunch.
Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron - Evolutions Sandtrooper with black pauldron. Itís nice, but it was a been there, done that fig, so itís not a big deal to me.
Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle - This Darth was getting a little bit ridiculous with rehashes. First we had the 500th Darth, then we get the Saga 2 Hoth Darth, now this one. So whatís the difference? Battle damage on his shoulder and a glued on helmet. Ugggghhhh, capitalism at itís best. This fig is an easy pick for worst, and I wanted to omit this fig from the poll, but he is different than the other Darthís so, heís in it.

BEST - Mowmaw, Luke or R5.......Iíll cancel out R5 because droids are so common to be released in waves now that I can overlook him. Between Luke and Hammerhead I would say it is a tie, however I think Luke will win it even though I question myself for picking him. The Luke was a great sculpt, and for years I wanted a poncho Luke, and that chest is wicked cool.

WORST - Need I say Darth, otherwise Han would have been picked.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm sorry Jaff. This is the first time I've even heard of it. I must admit that I don't pay full attention to VOTC news all the time, though. But I don't think this has a reason for existing, myself.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
I too looked forward to the Mos Eisley wave with great anticipation because for many years I'd longed for a figure of Hem Dazon. Surprisingly, he did not turn out as the best sculpted figure. Read on..

Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon - I bought Momaw almost without hesitation. He looks so awesome.

Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4 - I passed on this one. He doesn't have laser cannons or launch a proton torpedo any more! What gives?

Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon - Finally! Hem was often the most-wanted figure that hadn't been made yet, and besides the Tonnika Sisters, he topped the Mos Eisley Idol competition! I was glad to finally add him to my cantina diorama.

Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan - I passed. It wasn't necessary for me. I also thought the cut of his cape should have been longer. I prefer the 1997 figure.

Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo - I thought this was the CommTech figure re-released again? I guess I just don't look at Han figures any more.

Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho - OK. I vaguely noticed this guy.

Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron - In 1997 the Sandtrooper was one of my all-time favorite figures of the modern collection. He'd never been done before and I was stoked to get him. Now? Seeing him on the rack doesn't wake me up in the morning.

Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle - I got probably 20 of this Darth Vader - still hanging on the pegs at my Wal-Mart. You want him? They're about $7.16 each after tax.

BEST - Hem Dazon because I wanted him so badly and now I finally have him - and found the figure useful enough to buy 8 to add to various scenes that feature aliens.

WORST - Han - the headsculpt got terrible and look at the picture Jaff linked to on Rebelscum - there are about a dozen Han figures basically using this body already! Geeze. Besides, Ben Kenobi's locker included with Luke gives that figure points. Meanwhile, Darth can't screwed up THAT badly.

sebillba
02-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Apart from VTSC, this was the best wave of the year for me, even though it only included one all new cantina creature.

Best - HEM DAZON - THE one new figure I'd been wanting for SOOO long, and I wasn't disappointed. Mine has no trouble standing either.

Worst - the only one I skipped, DARTH VADER.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon - A nice improvement over the previous versions, but not really as necessary as some resculpts.

Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4 - This was definitely a necessary resculpt, and now they can use this mold to make more R5 droids. My only complaint is no retractable middle leg.

Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon - This was the figure I was most excited to get. He's the first Cantina alien we see on screen, and at last they have made him. However, while he has some nice detail, articulation and accessories, he can't stand on his own. Thus, I don't know if I can vote him best.

Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan - Another nice improvement, but once again, not one that I was clamoring for.

Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo - This is the Commtech Han with a different head. An okay figure, but one that has been done to death. I also don't like the way the one elbow sticks out.

Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho - This is just another release of the Commtech Luke, but the accessories really make this figure worth buying yet another Tatooine Luke.

Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron - Apparently this is a retooled VOTC trooper, but all of the accessories seem to kind of get in the way of his articulation. A nice addition for army building, but not much new here.

Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle - Nothing too special or new here. I should have just got this one and not bothered with getting the Hoth one, since it is the same figure. This one's helmet stays on and comes with some stuff he can throw at Luke.

BEST - I'll go with R5-D4. Everything but Hem Dazon was a resculpt or repaint, and I can't vote for him. R5 was the most neccessary remake here and it turned out well.

WORST - No bad figures here, but I'll choose Darth due to the fact that there were three Darths in this line.

pegger
02-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Best - I know Jaff hates ties - so to chose between R5 and Hem...But I'm gonna say R5. I'm so glad we have decent R5 sculpt now...keep pumping them out damn it!!!

Worst- Vader

Rogue II
02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Best: R5-D4

Worst: Bespin Vader

bigbarada
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Best: R5-D4, although it was a close tie between R5, Hammerhead and Garindan. I loved the updated versions of Hammerhead and Garindan, but R5 was just such a necessary resculpt and he's sooo close to perfect.

I didn't really care for Hem Dazon's EU-styled body. I thought Hasbro should have made him more consistent with the rest of the Cantina. If we didn't get so many rehashes this wave, I would pick him as worst.

For worst, it's almost a three way tie between Luke, Vader and Han; but I'll give it to Han. Luke and Vader at least had some decent accessories. After the VOTC Han Solo was released, I don't understand why Hasbro keeps releasing this horribly inferior Commtech Han. Although I will admit that I did buy it for the stand to use for my VOTC Han. :stupid:

DarkArtist
02-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Best = Darth Vader - I know another Vader to add to the mix but I really liked it the best out of the wave

Worst = Han - was very upset that all Hasbro did was give us a horrible head sculpt on top of a Han body that has gotten way to much play. - also it was the only figure out of this wave that pegwarmed around here. Also it was the only figure in this wave that I passed on.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't really care for Hem Dazon's EU-styled body. I thought Hasbro should have made him more consistent with the rest of the Cantina.

What do you mean by that? Unless I am mistaken, that really makes no sense.

bigbarada
02-17-2007, 07:07 PM
What do you mean by that? Unless I am mistaken, that really makes no sense.

I just think they overdid it on the bandolier straps and funky pouches. Style-wise it just didn't fit well with the rest of the Cantina. In other words, Hem's body didn't look like it had been designed in 1975 by an overworked crew with a shoestring budget (lots of off-the-shelf mixed and matched clothing items). He looked like he had been designed by a 90s comic book artist looking to make a "cool" looking character.

It's kind of a strange complaint and I may be completely alone in this perception; but, for this reason, I just don't like this figure.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Actually, I understand you BigBarada. The issue doesn't bother me and I rather like the figure, but your points are very valid.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I think another point for me on Hem Dazon is that he seems grayer than on screen. In the film he looks black, and also like he might have a longer neck.

Also, I can get him to stand on his own if he leans way back.

Kidhuman
02-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Best - Hammerhead

Worst - Vader

Jaff, the woolworths Vader was a UK exclusive.

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
You know what would be the best Vader? Removable helmet with Jango's head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's true, Anakin was also a clone....

tagmac
02-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Saga 2 ANH: 31 - Momow Nadon - A nice-looking remake, but since I had the first version, I saw no need to buy this one.

Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4 - The figure we all wanted the most, and aside from the lack of a third leg, this was excellent and well worth the wait.

Saga 2 ANH: 33 - Hem Dazon - Certainly a figure that we all wanted, but the humanoid body just seemed wrong.

Saga 2 ANH: 34 - Garindan - Personally, I thought the first version was better. The cloth cape just didn't work. I bought this one, then returned it a few days later.

Saga 2 ANH: 35 - Han Solo - Why, oh why did we get yet another one of these. My favorite character, but too many figures. At least the upcoming version gives us something different.

Saga 2 ANH: 36 - Luke Skywalker with Poncho - I looked forward to getting a poncho version of Luke, but the poncho seemed a bit oversized, a common problem with softgoods lately.

Saga 2 ANH: 37 - Sandtrooper with Black Pauldron - Really not that different from previous Sandtroopers. Only bought this one for the holo-figure that I needed at the time.

Saga 2 ANH: 38 - Darth Vader Bespin Battle - See Han Solo above.

Best: R5-D4

Worst: Han Solo

Bosskman
02-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Best - tossup between Hammerhead and R5-D4. Both super awesome. Gotta go with the gut and pick Hammerhead.

Worst - Han

bigbarada
02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Saga 2 ANH: 32 - R5-D4 - The figure we all wanted the most, and aside from the lack of a third leg, this was excellent and well worth the wait.

What do you mean "lack of a third leg"? :confused: R5 came with a removable third leg just like VOTC R2 and Hoth R2. Unless you meant, lack of a "retractable" third leg?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Best - Momaw Nadon (Escape from Mos Eisley)
Worst - Hem Dazon (Escape from Mos Eisley) - the only part they needed to get right was the head, and they screwed it up.

El Chuxter
02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Hem Dazon: Worth the wait. I pray Yarna will be, as well.

Worst: Umpteenth Vader

Jaff
02-19-2007, 12:20 AM
The worst was a close race till the end, and if there was a few more votes, maybe R5 would have had competition.

BEST
Luke Skywalker with Poncho (Saga 2) 1
Hem Dazon (Saga 2) 3
R5-D4 (Saga 2) 5
Darth Vader Bespin Confession (Saga 2) 1
Momow Nadon (Saga 2) 3

WORST
Darth Vader Bespin Confession (Saga 2) 7
Han Solo (Saga 2) 5
Hem Dazon (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
02-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Itís time for more exclusives, but donít worry, these are fairly good ones so donít skip the voting here. The Star Wars shop exclusive Lucas Collector set had some really cool figures. On the other hand the 501st Stormtrooper and Shadow Stormtrooper seemed like rehashes.

6/06
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set)
Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set)
Terr Taneel (Lucas Collectorís set)
7/06
501st Stormtrooper (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive)
8/06
Saga 2: Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive)

Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set)
Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set)
Terr Taneel (Lucas Collectorís set)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSClucascollectorset.asp
501st Stormtrooper (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc501ststormtrooper.asp
Saga 2: Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCshadowstormtrooper.asp

Jaff
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) - This figure looks really great, but the dude is so unbalanced that he is really annoying without a stand. Heís a great addition to the collection.
Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set) - My Chiís eyes looked like fried eggs. At first I thought she was a clay animation figure, and then I realized it was one of the worst paint details in a long time. I donít hate the figure though.
Terr Taneel (Lucas Collectorís set) - Terr is a bit boring. She looks like Saga palpy meets girl, and thatís all I have to say about this one.
501st Stormtrooper (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive) - Stormie with a new insignia....gee isnít that neat to get.
Saga 2: Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive) - Stormie with dark colors...gee this one is almost neat too.

BEST - Baron Papanoida

WORST - Any Stormie...I guess Iíll go with Shadow stormie because you can hide the 501st stormie as a background fig.

Tycho
02-19-2007, 12:34 AM
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) - I haven't opened this set. The Baron looks limited in articulation, however.

Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set) - I don't think her figure is flattering, any which way you want to interpret that, but I see her sculpt and paint application being very lifelike and real. I give that props.

Terr Taneel (Lucas Collectorís set) - yeah, sort of boring. It's nice to have another body to fill up an Opera diorama however.

501st Stormtrooper (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive) - This is special, why?

Saga 2: Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive) - Uh-huh. I'm not koo-koo for Dooku over this one either.

BEST - Chi Eekway

WORST - Shadow stormie for the same reason Jaff picked.

Meanwhile, Jaff is running out of figures to review and our retailers seem to be slow bringing in the 30th Anniversary Collection. Even if wave 1 makes it out in time to keep this thread going for the extra week, I doubt it will consistantly hold its historic pace.

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Best: Baron Von Uncle George

Worst: 501st Stormtrooper. Uber, uber lame.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Tough round. I like the Lucas set as they are all new but one. The detail is nice and they look good, but the articulation is limited. Hard to pick a favorite or least favorite of those three.

The troopers are just repaints of the VOTC figure. However, I really like the Shadow Stormtrooper. At the time I got him, I didn't have an extra VOTC trooper to open. Thus, I was impressed by his articulation. Even after getting an extra VOTC trooper, it still seemed like he was more limber. His torso articulation is much looser, at least on mine. Since I never found any of the Galactic Hunt figures, the silver stand was really nice too. Plus, the black trooper just looks kind of cool.

While I like the 501st Trooper as well, only an insignia and the accessories make it different from the VOTC Stormtrooper. Since I can't really pick a Lucas figure to vote as worst, I'll choose the 501st Trooper.

BEST - Shadow Stormtrooper
WORST - 501st Trooper

So, in a sense, I just voted the same figure as best and worst.

bigbarada
02-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Best: Chi Eekway - she's probably the only figure from the set that actually looks like a Star Wars character. Although, we can get Lucas' chubby daughter, but no Yarna?

Worst: Baron Papanoida - can you say "shameless pandering?"

Jaff
02-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Meanwhile, Jaff is running out of figures to review and our retailers seem to be slow bringing in the 30th Anniversary Collection. Even if wave 1 makes it out in time to keep this thread going for the extra week, I doubt it will consistantly hold its historic pace.

Don't count this thread out just yet. I just wrote the next four polls tonight, and we still have at least 10 polls after the ones I just wrote, not including the final poll and the 2006 year end. We're looking at the end of middle March before this poll ends. I have no doubt the first two waves of anniversary figs will hit in no time. Maybe before this thread ends.

sebillba
02-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Best - PAPANOIDA.... terrible name, but nice figure, and the Death Star handle on the cane is a nice detail.

Worst - I don't have either of the troopers, so one of those... the banner with the 501st is quite cool, but I don't need it, and the figure is just another stormtrooper. At least the Shadow Trooper looks different, so I'll go for 501ST TROOPER as worst.

Bosskman
02-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Best - Chi-Eeekway - fat bottom girls you make the fromation of the aliance go round

Worst - Bluburry-bloo Lucas. Come on, you all knew my answer even before me, however, like aurra stink from TPM, this "character" WAS in a SW movie so I own it. Peter Jackson has cool cameos where he's ugly and WANTS to be, Mucas becomes THIS thing ....... too early in the morning for a rant .........

Kidhuman
02-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Passed on all these, no vote for me this round.

pegger
02-19-2007, 08:27 AM
Best - Chi (I guess)
Worst - Shadow trooper (I guess).

All these figures were pretty hum drum....

tagmac
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) - A nice-looking figure for a background character that was blink-and-you'll miss it. Never would have gotten this if it wasn't Lucas, but all things considered, the figure is pretty nice.

Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set) - Nice to get another Senator figure to go with the ones we had, even if it was Lucas' daughter. Yet again, a nice sculpt and detail.

Terr Taneel (Lucas Collectorís set) - see above

501st Stormtrooper (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive) - Wow.they added a flag and a special stand to it. I passed.

Saga 2: Shadow Stormtrooper (Starwarsshop.com exclusive) - all I can say is, what was I thinking. A repainted stormtrooper figure, that all things considered looked ridiculous. Had I not briefly been into collecting "exclusives" just for their "exclusivity," I would never have wasted money on this monstrosity.

Best: Baron Papanoida - This is the only Lucas figure that has a shot at winning any poll, and so I gotta give props to the man who made it all possible.

Worst: Shadow Stormtrooper - the only positive about this guy is the fact that it was a non-movie exclusive, which are the best kind because if you can't find them, who cares?!

Slicker
02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Best: Baron Papanoida

Worst: Shadow Carptrooper

2-1B
02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Best: Baron

How exactly is he "pandering", big B ? :rolleyes:

Worst: TIE between Shadow and 501st . . . both lame.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Best = 501st Stormie

Worst = Baron Paranoia

Jaff
02-20-2007, 06:37 AM
This polls results...

BEST
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) 6
Chi Eekway (Lucas Collectorís set) 4
Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop) 1
501st Stormtrooper (Comic Con Exclusive) 1

WORST
Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop) 5
501st Stormtrooper (Comic Con Exclusive) 3
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) 3

Jaff
02-20-2007, 06:39 AM
7/06
Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa
Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerijod
Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner
Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor
Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine

Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc039chirpa.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerijod
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc040jerjerrod.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc041DSgunner.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc042c3po.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc043emperor.asp

Jaff
02-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa - This is one cool Ewok. Heís my favorite made to date. I want them to make a lot more, and because they make him so good, I would want ewoks much more than others. Itís time for some variety.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerijod - What needs to be said about this dud. Well, it doesnít look like Jerijod, heís displaying his splitting capabilities, he was a pegwarmer and heís such a disappointment.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner - I am still surprised over this figure, and how good it is. The removable helmet is nice, but having the option to have the ROTJ and ANH version of the gunner in one figure is just awesome. Not to mention the articulation, neutral pose, etc.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor - I love the chair, but loath his knees because the color does not match the rest of the figure. Itís a serious eye sore.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine - So the dude is slightly repainted, and heís got a new hole in his hand, so what. He still lacks on the desire meater.

BEST - Hard to pick because Chirpa and Gunner are equals on many levels. Iíll pick the Death Star Gunner because of his increased articulation, and options.

WORST - Jerijod

Kidhuman
02-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Best - DSG. I would have picked Chirpa, but he was too small for the money spent

Worst - Emperor

pegger
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Best - Chirpa
Worst - Emperor...

sebillba
02-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Best - CHIEF CHIRPA.... very nicely detailed and cool accessories. Closely followed by 3PO - thankfully, mine has the repainted knees.

Worst - PALPS.

Slicker
02-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Best - 3PO

Worst - Palpatine

bigbarada
02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Best: Chief Chirpa - amazing detail and he gives me high hopes for other Ewok figures.

Threepio would be a close second; but he's not as cool when you stand him up, there seems to be something seriously wrong with his proportions. The Jango head on the Gunner is annoying enough to me that he doesn't make the cut.

Worst: Emperor Palpatine - this could be a candidate for the worst figure of all time. It was ugly in 2003, it's still ugly now. Hasbro's quality control must have been sleeping the day this figure slipped through the cracks.

Jerjerrod was a big disappointment, but at least he can pass for a background officer who's got a bad case of indigestion.

bigbarada
02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
How exactly is he "pandering", big B ? :rolleyes:

I think all George Lucas figures are shameless pandering and I'll never understand this bizarre desire people have to own Lucas action figures.

That's just me; but you guys got an actual movie figure of George Lucas so you should be happy. Personally, I think it's a piece of crap, but whatever floats your boat.

I guess the only other thing people would want is a "Director's Chair George Lucas" figure. If they do that, then maybe Hasbro could also make a Frank Oz figure with his hand up Yoda's ***. :p

El Chuxter
02-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Best: Chirpa by miles and miles.

Worst: Emperor by an equally large margin.

I should point out that any chances the DSG had (which were still slim against the masterpiece that is Chirpa) were ruined by the stupid Jango head.

Tycho
02-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa - This is a perfect figure, nicely sculpted, articulated, and painted. I really tire of hearing people complain he didn't offer enough on his card because he was small. It costs the same amount to create the tooling for the parts no matter what the size of the figure! That's why it wasn't a 2-pack. The Ugnaughts and Jawas were never that articulated! So this value perception linked with size is all wrong. The Ewoks would have to be cheaper if they put them into a 2-pack. Rumor is that we're getting a 2-pack this year. Wait and see if one or more 'Woks are repacks, or if they are two new sculpts, if they are no where near Chirpa's or Teebo's quality. Hasbro is in business, not fan-boy altruism.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerjerrod - Jerjerrod's problem is that Hasbro felt the need to emphasize that he was a "bad guy" by giving him a ridiculous scowl. Other than the headsculpt, there's nothing wrong with the figure. What is out of character is that Jerjerrod was a self-propagating egoist who grew terrified when Darth Vader arrived to stir things up around the Death Star. Imperial officers could be cruel, were at the very least elitist, but they were doing a job that established military academies trained them for. Evil is not really a word you'd use to describe them, and that is incorrectly suggested by Jerjerrod's sculpt.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner - I didn't need any more DS Gunners though I probably should have bought them to man Star Destroyer turbolasers one day when I can build a big ship again. So right now I really didn't look at these figures so they never had a chance to impress me. Now my Blockade Runner cost me $700 to create, a Star Destroyer would likely be in that ballpark. On a toy I could probably fit 3-4 cannons on each side, thus requiring up to 8 gunner figures I never bought. If I one day have to spend $150 on eBay to get them ($18 per figure in worst case scenerio), that would be a small cost after sinking nearly $1K into the ship itself. I didn't buy them this time around and save them for later because there were other things (SideShow especially) that I thought I'd save my money for. Right now though, I'll stock my TAC Death Star Troopers for such a ship when they get released - but really only because I won't have much else to be interested in buying.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor - How many people don't pay attention when Hasbro says they didn't want to do this figure because the knee joints couldn't be articulated AND made to match the paint scheme. Why would they lie about that? It's not like it costs a lot to try. But fan demand for a 3PO in his Ewok throne was so high, they did it anyway. (It is a good sculpt, I'll give them that). Anyway, I didn't need it. I have a 1995 C-3PO sitting in the throne my Ewok Village Playset came with (from back in the vintage days) and I like having $7 more dollars over another Threepio figure.
Now if I could get a $7 bill, that would be collectible!

Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine - Gross!

BEST - Chief Chirpa because Ewoks rule!
WORST - Palpatine because he's really shriveled and skinny and his hood is way too big - the same problem the same sucky figure had in 2003.

Rogue II
02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Best: C-3PO. I have the version that doesn't have the painted knees, but I've seen the corrected version and it looks much better.

Worst: Palpatine.

DarkArtist
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Best = Death Star Gunner
Worst = Emperor Palpatine (didn't care for the figure the first time, certainly didn't like the re-release)

Deoxyribonucleic
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Best = C-3PO

Worst = The Emperor

Bosskman
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Best - Chirpa
Worst - Emperor

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Best - Chief Chirpa (Battle of Endor)
Worst - Emperor Palpatine (Battle of Endor)

BTW, Jaff, it's "Jerjerrod," not "Jerijod," just if you wanted to change your sig line. Thought I'd bring it up as we're voting on the figure this wave. :)

tagmac
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa - I was really looking forward to this figure, and it didn't disappoint. Great sculpt, and completely blows away the vintage version (which was pretty good in its own right).

Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerijod - I don't really hate this figure as much as others, but the super-thin split pose doesn't help, nor does the fact that it's a pegwarmer. Not the worst, though.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner - A great-looking resculpt, but one that didn't impress me all that much when compared to the first version. Seems to me that it was only made to stick in the inaccurate Jango head (when, by the time of ANH, those lcones would have been too old to do the job).

Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor - Another long-awaited figure,and the situation with the knees really didn't bother me that much. I was happy to finally be able to pose Threepio in the correct sitting position as opposed to the way the vintage one had to sit.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine - Horrible, shoddy, ridiculous-looking - how can this piece of plastic even call itself a figure, especially of a character like palpatine?!

Best: Chief Chirpa - this one clearly stands out the most for me.

Worst: The Emperor - this one never should have seen the light of day in 2003, never mind now. The vintage version was way better than this.

Darth Jax
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
i've been away for awhile so i've missed some voting. jaff count whichever votes you'd like:

best - VOTC biker scout
worst - george as stormtrooper

best - momaw nadon
worst - han (since the commtech version has been released nearly a dozen times now, while that vader has only about a half dozen)

best - terr taneel
worst - shadow stormtrooper

best - chirpa has incredible detail for such a small fig
worst - emperor beats out jerjerrod (only because he's a new fig rather than a re-release of a horrible sculpt)

Mad Slanted Powers
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 39 - Chief Chirpa - Nice to get another Ewok, but they are kind of limited due to their size. Some nice detail though.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 40 - Moff Jerjerrod - A wide stance and questionable likeness hurt this one, but always nice to get another imperial officer. Just wish they weren't clogging the pegs.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 41 - Death Star Gunner - Great articulation, a removeable helmet and removeable armor make this a great figure. More troops for my Imperial army.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 42 - C-3PO Endor - Nice to have a C-3PO that can sit, but his legs are kind of uneven. One doesn't quite bend as far up as the other.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 43 - Emperor Palpatine - Didn't get this one. Didn't like the sculpt the first time, and this is virtually the same thing. I guess they did add a hole to stick his cane into his hand.

BEST - Death Star Gunner
WORST - Emperor

Qui-Long Gone
02-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Best: C3PO (beats the VTC release....too bad it doesn't come apart to double as a Bespin blasted 3PO)

Worst: Emperor....or at least what I assume is the Emperor....

2-1B
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Worst - Bluburry-bloo Lucas. Come on, you all knew my answer even before me, however, like aurra stink from TPM, this "character" WAS in a SW movie so I own it. Peter Jackson has cool cameos where he's ugly and WANTS to be, Mucas becomes THIS thing ....... too early in the morning for a rant .........

Peter Jackson has ugly cameos because Peter Jackson is an ugly, ugly, man. Well, more of a Hobbit type creature but still hideous. lol
The makeup he wore in LOTR was an improvement. :)

Best: Chirpa

Worst: C-3PO

Jaff
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
There was very little competition on this poll...

BEST
Death Star Gunner (Saga 2) 4
Chief Chirpa (Saga 2) 11
C-3PO Endor (Saga 2) 4

WORST
Moff Jerjerrod (Saga 2) 1
C-3PO Endor (Saga 2) 1
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) 17

Jaff
02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
8/06
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (Dagobah X-Wing, Toys R Us exclusive)
Biker Scout with movable face mask (Endor AT-AT Walker, Toys R Us exclusive)
9/06
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder - Target exclusive)
10/06
Kir Kanos (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack)
Carnor Jax (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack)

Luke Skywalker Dagobah (Dagobah X-Wing, Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCxwing.asp
Biker Scout (Endor AT-AT Walker, Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCendorATAT.asp
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder - Target exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCsnowspeeder.asp
Kir Kanos (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack)
Carnor Jax (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks01.asp

Jaff
02-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (Dagobah X-Wing, Toys R Us exclusive) - This Luke is nice, and although very scene specific it is perfect for this wonderful X-Wing.
Biker Scout with movable face mask (Endor AT-AT Walker, Toys R Us exclusive) - I didnít really care about this figure at all. It wasnít that impressive, and itís only saving grace is that it is a VOTC biker scout to add to my army building.
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder - Target exclusive) - This figure is perfect, without a doubt. One of the best pilots ever made.
Kir Kanos (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack) - Itís EU, so it looses points with me quickly. I guess itís a nice fig, but I honestly donít like the look of the guards without their cloaks.
Carnor Jax (Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack) - See above, the same thing.

BEST - Zev Seneska with ease

WORST - The comic pack figs are not that bad, and I guess if I had to pick a figure the Luke would be the least playable figure, and has the least accessories, and articulation of all the figs. So thatís the only reason he gets it. He is a great fig though.

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm going to have to abstain for a bit. I passed on the overpriced X-Wing, AT-AT, and Snowspeeder, and I haven't picked up my EU Guards from the friend who ordered 'em for me.

Given how close we are to the present, it may be a good idea to slow way down from this point on?

Qui-Long Gone
02-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Let's be honest, the worst are the overpriced figs no matter how good they are....

Rogue II
02-21-2007, 07:52 PM
BEST: Zev Seneska

Worst: I didn't get any others, but I'll go with the Biker Scout because the flip up mask looks stupid.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (Dagobah X-Wing, Toys R Us exclusive) - A decent Luke for a pack in. Basically a reworking of the OTC figure. Not as much articulation as the other figures here though.

Biker Scout with movable face mask (Endor AT-AT Walker, Toys R Us exclusive) - No TRU around here anymore so I didn't get this one. I still don't have an AT-AT of this scale. The flip up thing kind of adds to the figure, but this figure doesn't comparte to the vintage version we have now.

Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder - Target exclusive) - I had to get this one. Not only do we get a Zev figure, but it's a pretty darn good figure too, especially when compared to past pilot pack-ins. Thus, I can forgive the lack of elbow articulation. Also, I did not yet have a Snowspeeder of this scale.

Kir Kanos & Carnor Jax(Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack) - Both are fine figures. Hard to say which one I like best. I started to read Crimson Empire once, but put it aside while half-way through and never got back to it.

BEST - Zev Seneska

WORST - Luke

Slicker
02-21-2007, 08:24 PM
Best - Zev

Worst - Biker Scout. The flip up face is just DUMB!!!

El Chuxter
02-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Y'know, I saw all of them in person except the Guards, and they're repaints that I've seen photos of, so I'll hazard my vote:

Best: Zev. It hurt passing on this one. I was really hoping he'd go on clearance.

Worst: Biker Scout, for the same reason Slick listed.

Bosskman
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Best - Zev
Worst - Luke

DarkArtist
02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Best: Kir Kanos (loved the comic and always wanted this guy as a figure)

Worst: Luke Skywalker (while it was a decent figure, it lacked as well)

pegger
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Best - Zev. I NEVER thought they were going to make him!!!

Worst - Scout trooper. VTSC blew it out of the water....

tagmac
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Best: Zev Senesca - this was an awesome figure, and the best likeness of any of the pilots to this point. I wasn't gonna buy another snowspeder, but the quality of this figure is why I plunked down the $30 for it.

Worst: Biker Scout - when will Hasbro learn that the ANH-ROTJ era trooper are not only not all clones, but are no longer the Jango clones?

Tycho
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (Dagobah X-Wing, Toys R Us exclusive) - It seemed like a pretty good figure.

Biker Scout with movable face mask (Endor AT-AT Walker, Toys R Us exclusive) - They don't have to make every OT Trooper a Clone with Jango's face now. We all know that I think Han Solo was representative of the new kind of clone. Why don't they do that, instead? If my theory is ever proven, Hasbro will have another field day re-doing all these figures. :rolleyes:

Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder - Target exclusive) - Great figure! Really, really good likeness. I didn't need Zev or another Snowspeeder, so I passed on it. But I stopped to admire it every time I was in my local Target and they had it in stock.

Kir Kanos & Carnor Jax(Entertainment Earth Comic 2-pack) - I customized these guys a long time ago. I loved the comic and Kir Kanos is a great character! Because he is who he is, I'll say he's cooler than Carnor Jax even though they are practically the same sculpt. Meanwhile, their martial arts master was named Kennedy (no joke, but no relation to JFK). I thought the guards were clones of him as the few shots of Carnor Jax with his helmet off, he looked more similar to Kir Kanos than the figures do. I always thought an abnormality in the cloning process caused Jax to have a slight talent for the Force which led him to fantasizing about becoming a Sith Lord one day (what an amateur!). But alas, he is killed and Crimson Empire II is about Kir Kanos infiltrating bounty hunters and facing down the Hutts. Anyway, their figures aren't really special because with the ROTS guard sculpt, they're really easy for Hasbro to do. I just want to state how much I appreciate having them. But my customs are so good that I almost didn't buy these, but then thought I should support the EU - as this is what I always wanted.

BEST - Zev Seneska - he earns it even if I never bought him.

WORST - Scout Trooper - it wasn't necessary to give him a face-reveal, and sort of improbable that it would still be a Jango Clone 26 years later. Based on their accelerated growth cycle, a clone created in the original batch prior to AOTC would appear to be 62 years old (not kidding). Of course any new clones made later might be younger.

bigbarada
02-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Best: Zev Senesca - Hasbro's really improving the quality of their pack-in figures and this is on par with a carded release.

Worst: Biker Scout with Jango head - I bought the AT-AT because I wanted an AT-AT, this was just a bonus. I like this figure better than the EU guards, but I don't know which of them I dislike the most.

Darth Jax
02-21-2007, 11:55 PM
best - zev (the likeness seems great). carnor and kir are basically the same figure so they dilute the coolness factor some.

worst - biker scout (the flip up visor) gets the nod over a repaint luke.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Best = Zev

Worst = kir kanos/karnar jax two pack even though they aren't really that bad

Kidhuman
02-22-2007, 02:59 AM
Zev is best

Biker Scout the worst.

sebillba
02-22-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't collect vehicles, and the only one of these I have so far is Zev, which I found loose on ebay. I would really love to get this Luke, so if anyone bought the x-wing but wasn't interested in the pack-in and would consider selling it, please let me know!

Best - ZEV... so pleased I found this one, the likeness is spot-on.

Worst - BIKER SCOUT... only because the VTSC was so much better.

Jaff
02-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Here's our votes so far, I did exclude one vote for the worst in which both Kir and karnar were both picked so that is why the numbers for best and worst are unbalanced. So here are our numbers at present...

BEST
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder) 14
Kir Kanos (Comic 2 pack #1) 1

WORST
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah X-Wing) 4
Biker Scout (Endor AT-AT) 10

I will post our new group of figs tomorrow morning, which is 12 hours from this post.

Slicker
02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow. That round left no clue as to who is the best and worst.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't agree with the Jango head on OT figures.

Jaff
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
On this endless rehash of battle packs I looked very closely at the figures, and I would ask that we only vote on the figures listed. There have been times when I had listed battle pack figures only to find that a figure that was identical to an early released figure was voted on. Any figure not on this list is a straight repack according to Rebelscum so letís keep to this list of copy-cats.

9/06
Mace Windu (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack)
Palpatine (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack)
Saesee Tinn (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack)
Kit Fisto (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack)
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack)
Luke Jedi (Battle above the Sarlaac)
Han Solo (Battle above the Sarlaac)
Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac)
Weequay (Battle above the Sarlaac)

http://www.rebelscum.com/tscBPjediVSsidious.asp
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tscBPsithlordattack.asp
Luke Jedi (Battle above the Sarlaac)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tscBPsarlaccbattle.asp

Jaff
02-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Mace Windu (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - They used the wrong mace, and the wrong robe for this pack. Both donít combine well, and the only plus is that this Maceís face looks better than the Episode III Mace.
Palpatine (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - This Palpy looks only a hint better than the earlier version. His paint is a little more refined, and thatís about it.
Saesee Tinn (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - This figure has the most palatable robe of all the Battle pack bunch, because it almost fits the figure, however that doesnít mean it looks good.
Kit Fisto (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - You know, if you put a figure in a jedi robe, make sure the figures hands can be seen. Maybe the robe should be the right size. These make great blankets though.
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) - Wow, this droid is embarrassing. The rubbery material makes him forever warped, and forever un-useful, unless he is a laying corpse. Why take a figure that was made up of poor, bendable plastic, and make him even more bendable?
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) - The robe on this figure is funny. Sometimes I think the battle packs are proving grounds for making worse figures than the original. The robe is laughable, like many of the overly expressed soft goods figures. Tossing the robe in a pile to be ignored is the best bet with this figure.
Luke Jedi (Battle above the Sarlaac) - This Luke is actually less than the original version.
Han Solo (Battle above the Sarlaac) - I always liked this Han. The paint is better on this one than the earlier one, but that didnít make me buy this set.
Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac) - Yeah, yeah, repaint city still doesnít effect this excellent figure. You canít improve perfection.
Weequay (Battle above the Sarlaac) - The repaint really doesnít make a difference, yet in contrast to some of the other figures heís fine, but not a competitor.

BEST - None, but if I had to pick it would have to be Han or Palpy. Iíll go with Han because I initially like that figure more than the other.

WORST - Battle Droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) is the obvious pick, but Mace was really a contender.

DarkArtist
02-23-2007, 09:55 AM
best = Lando in Skiff Guard Disguise (loved the figure)
worst = Emperor Palpatine (never really cared for the figure)

El Chuxter
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I passed on both of these, and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the contents. I'll pass on this round, since online pics aren't especially helpful in determining how different they are from earlier ones.

sebillba
02-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Passed on buying, will pass on voting.

pegger
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Passed on buying, will pass on voting.

I gotta pass on these too. I didn't buy any of them.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I will pass on this as well.

Slicker
02-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Best - Han

Worst - Palpy

Kidhuman
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Passed on these

tagmac
02-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I skipped these, so I, too will abstain from voting.

Bosskman
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Not gonna vote on these.

Tycho
02-23-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll vote just to be different. Besides it affords me an opportunity to complain. Please note (if you don't) that I don't just complain. I sing a lot of praises for good figures, too. But this will be one of those complaint pieces.

Lastly, I'll note that I bought NONE of these and I'm not even proud of that. It would seem like a no-brainer.

Mace Windu (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - Bad robes. Wrong looking. Poor quality if you measure quality by authenticity.

Palpatine (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - I could live with this one if I had to.

Saesee Tinn (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - He's liveable, too.

Kit Fisto (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) - Robe problems aside, all the ROTS Kits looked too cartoony for my taste. I had to buy some though (on the E3 card)

Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) - I don't have him but I don't like hearing the reports of him being another cheap plastic figure.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) - Wasn't this figure just offered in the Naboo Wave (7) as well? Or was that the softgoods one and this one is the hard plastic first release with a softgoods overcloak? Well, who cares anyway?

Luke Jedi (Battle above the Sarlaac) - The head sculpt is bad.

Han Solo (Battle above the Sarlaac) - The head sculpt is also bad.

Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac) - This figure is actually good.

Weequay (Battle above the Sarlaac) - This figure is also good.

BEST - Lando

WORST - Battle Droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) as the obvious pick, but many of these had very serious detractions.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I did not get the Sarlacc set, but I did get the other two.

Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack Battle Pack) - This one easily gets the worst vote.

These are all just slight repaints:

Of those, I like Lando the best, but he doesn't have the articulation of some of the Jedi.

Luke Jedi (Battle above the Sarlaac) - Looks like they changed his leg to make him worse.

These were just repacks with a robe:

Obi-Wan doesn't quite match the quality of the later figures, but it is a solid neutral figure. I also think the robe looks less right on him then the others. The other three are good articulated figures. Considering that the ROTS Mace didn't have knee articulation or a robe, this one is actually kind of an improvement. It also doesn't have the floppy arms that the action feature gives to the ROTS version. The problem with this one, though, is the lack of articulation in the right elbow. I think I voted ROTS Kit Fisto best in his wave and I will do so here. The robe is a little big, but he is a nice figure with great articulation.

BEST - Kit Fisto

WORST - Battle Droid

bigbarada
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Best: Lando - he's still one of the best figures out there.

Worst: Weequay - this figure is in desperate need of a resculpt, this version is ten years old and it really shows. I actually still think the vintage Weequay is a superior figure to this piece of garbage.

Darth Jax
02-24-2007, 12:56 PM
best - lando
worst - battle droid

Jaff
02-25-2007, 07:28 AM
I really don't like battle packs, they have a really poor number of votes, however I'm glad we don't have a tie, and I'm equally glad we can leave these figs behind us to go to a real wave of figures...

BEST
Han Solo (Battle above the Sarlaac BP) 2
Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac) 4
Kit Fisto (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack)1

WORST
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack BP) 4
Palpatine (Jedi vs. Darth Sideous Battle Pack) 2
Weequay (Battle above the Sarlaac) 1

Jaff
02-25-2007, 07:34 AM
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME sums this wave up!

This was the most anticipated wave for me in 2005. Garaga, Rep and the pod racers are figs I wanted for years, and I was licking my lips to get them. I never even waited for them to hit the stores, I ordered them online out of impatience.

9/06
Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor
Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white)
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black)
Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram
Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Bean
Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier
Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo
Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra

Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc045vader.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc044lukeskywalker.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc046rebelB.asp
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc046rebelA.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc047obiwan.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc048maul.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Bean
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC049repbeen.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc050naboosoldier.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc051dudmars.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc052gragra.asp

Jaff
02-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor - This pegwarmer is a nice Darth, and I like the fact that his hand is removable, but I donít think it improved the POTJ version. The first reason is that the POTJ version had a visible skeletal outline, this one is very subtle. Then there is the purple lightning. I believe the lightning was blue.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues - The definitive Luke in Endor. There is never any reason to make another Luke Endor in my eyes.
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white) - This soldier is great for trooper variety. I like the headpiece that attaches to his belt. Heís a great sculpt too, and a working holster!!!!
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black) - I like this one a lot as well. Finally we have a different skinned Endor soldier. These two soldiers were perfect.
Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Softgoods rehashed Obi-Wan. Boooooooooooo!
Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram - I really donít like this figure much. I needed a Darth Hologram, but why not use a better sculpt that could cross itís arm like he did in the movie. For now it is a doable figure, but not a good one.
Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Bean - He may be a statue, but he is awesome, and looks great next to Nass. I wanted this fig for years.
Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier - Well, although this guard looks pretty campy, I will say we can bet that the Red Naboo soldier will appear sooner rather than later. Thatís the good point of this fig.
Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo - A two pack, with TWO podracers, that look good. Big time winner in my book.
Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra - This is a figure that I wanted for some time. He just looks different, and unique, and is a great background dude like Ephant, Hermi, and the Tonnika sisters. It was just what I wanted, one of my favorites for the year.

BEST - Graga, podracers, Luke Endor, Rep Been, and either Endor soldiers are the best that they can be. I could pick any of these and be comfortable with that vote. I guess Iíll go with Graga even though I doubt he will get many votes.

WORST - Darth, heís inaccurate and a weaker copy of the earlier version.

pegger
02-25-2007, 07:50 AM
best - Gragra - heck, he;s got an articulated MOUTH!!! Aside from Ephant Mon, i don't think there is another figure that can say that!

Worst - Both Obi and Vader are weak...But I'll go with Vader...considering this was also the 3rd regular packed Vader that year....

Kidhuman
02-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Best - Gragra

Worst - Vader

Tycho
02-25-2007, 09:25 AM
I double-checked. I thought so: Gragga is a SHE. :love:

Now that's my kind of girl.

Jaff is right: this wave is incredibly hard to vote the best out of - except that I'd made that decision when I voted for the best of 2006 for SSG.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor - Yes, the POTJ one was better.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues - This figure has just so many accessories and a hero's stature going for it. Luke is just plain fun!

Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white) - I didn't need him.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black) - I wished I could have used him and added to the variety of troops in my scenes, but I just don't use that many Endor Rebels of any kind.

Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - yawn. After 7 years they can't get Ewan McGreggor down except for ROTS figures.

Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram - I used that hologram figure that was just a statue. It does what I need it to do and I've never looked back. Plus the purple color pretty much matches the Darth Sidious Holo figure.

Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Bean - Very cool. We voted for this figure to be made as well (originally as Rep Teers). I was glad to see him made and I bought 8 of him.

Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier - I didn't ask for this and could have lived without it. But that didn't mean it wasn't useful. I bought 8 as well. I doubt I'll be buying a red suit variation even if they offer one though. I've got enough.

Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo - That picture Rebelscum has of all 7 currently made Podracers is awesome. Dud Bolt was one of my favorite designs and he just came out really well. Mars Guo is fun as well and a creative way to express another new creature. The Podracers are TPM's own menagerie of characters like the cantina or Jabba's palace. It's nice to see Hasbro recognizing that. It's my hope they continue.

Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra - SHE is awesome and a great new sculpt and as many pointed out, a working mouth! Her accessories from frogs to cleavers are a lot of fun and she's just a cool figure - yes very much in the same likes as Ephant Mon and as should be Herme Odle. IIRC, she barely didn't make our Top 50 list. Barely. Many people always knew she'd make a good figure. SHE, Jaff. C'mon. You like her a lot. I think you two should go on a date ;)

BEST - Luke Endor wins by the helmet that covers his hair. It's THAT close for me, but if I had to have something to actually PLAY with, the hero character with tons of accessories and articulation has the most appeal.

WORST - Darth Maul - holograms are necessary but the most boring.

Rogue II
02-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Best: Luke

Worst: Vader, mostly because I'm tired of all the Vaders.

Darth Jax
02-25-2007, 10:24 AM
best - podracers 2 pack
worst - normally i'd vote for the hologram, but maul and sidious are the 2 most needed hologram (too bad they used a bad sculpt) - so instead i vote for darth

bigbarada
02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
This wave must have skipped us here, because I haven't seen a single figure from it.:cry: But we did get the waves that came after this one. :frus:

Best: Dud Bolt and the other guy - I've just wanted Dud Bolt ever since seeing TPM for the first time. Still haven't found one, though. I might have to just buy him off of Amazon.

Worst: Vader - the "lightning-head" effect is just stupid.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
best = luke

worst = darth maul hologram

Slicker
02-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Best - Pod Racer 2-pack

Worst - Maul Holo

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Best - Dud Bolt & Mars Guo (Tatooine Podrace)
Worst - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Battle of Naboo) - he's just not new enough to warrant a purchase from me

Mad Slanted Powers
02-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor - I've not opened this one so I haven't really noticed the skull difference. The new hand thing is a nice improvement, but I didn't really like the original sculpt so this figure isn't much better.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues - Took a long time to find this one, but was kind of disappointed when I opened it. His legs seem different lengths, so I he is posed with one leg slightly ahead and bent more at the knee. I was just checking the figure out now, and I can't get him to stand on his own. I can't seem to get him leaning forward enough to counterbalance everything.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white) &
Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black) - A nice addition to my Endor troops, and good to get two versions. The jacket kind of makes it hard to plug the backback in as well as I would like.

Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - A kitbash of three different figures from 1999/2000 with a soft goods cloak. Nothing to see here, move along.

Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram - I saw this once, but didn't get it. It should have been a more neutral sculpt rather than the Episode I Tatooine sculpt.

Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Bean - A nice looking figure, and we haven't had too many Gungans. Still, mostly a statue.

Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier - A fairly obscure figure, but it is very well done. Lots of articulation and a removeable helmet. Maybe we will see a red version, or even better, a Naboo pilot.

Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo - Nice to get more pod racers, but I'm generally not a big fan of the figures. Certainly not the worst pod race figures though, and getting two for one price is a good deal.

Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra - This was a good character to get since it actually had some dialogue and interacted with the main characters. One of the better figures in this wave.

BEST - Naboo Soldier

WORST - Darth Maul holograph

General_Grievous
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Best - Dud and Mars

Worst - Vader

sebillba
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I spent much of my last holiday in Chicago searching for this wave without any luck, and had to resort to ebay when I got home.

Best - got to be one of the aliens or Luke - all fantastic figures. Luke is mostly a rehash, Rep Bean is pretty much a statue, and my Gragra has a wonky / loose jaw, so I'm going for DUD & MARS.... two of the nicest pod racer figs, and to get both in one package was awesome.

Worst - I very nearly picked Holo Maul, as I don't like holo figures, but finally decided on VADER, as this was the last one I bothered to get, and only then because I needed to push a TRU purchase over £50 so I could get a free collectors tin.

Bosskman
02-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Best - Graga
Worst - Holo Maul

El Chuxter
02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Best: Luke (once you find one with decent paint)

Worst: Vader Redux #1138

tagmac
02-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Saga 2 ROTJ: 45 - Darth Vader Endor - Yet another Vader, and one that is inferior to the previous version w/ the see through skull. I passed on this one.

Saga 2 ROTJ: 44 - Luke in Endor Fatigues - An excellent figure, and a long time coming, going back to the vintage days. Finally an Endor Luke with a removable helmet! VOTC Endor Leia should be the definitive equivalent to this figure (although the vintage one of her did have a removable helmet and was one of the better figures of its time).

Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (white) - Not a bad fig, but based on behind-the-scenes photos, he should really be called "Millenium Falcon Gunner."

Saga 2 ROTJ: 46 - Endor Rebel Soldier (black) - Funny, I didn't know Lando was on Endor. :D An ok figure, and good for troop building, but the issues attaching the backpack detract from this one big time.

Saga 2 TPM: 47 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Yawn....soft-goods of a figure that was already awesome when released with a sculpted cloak (Naboo version). Another one I passed on.

Saga 2 TPM: 48 - Darth Maul Hologram - Already had the correct, folded-arms pose from the light-up version, so I skipped this one. Really unneccessary, since he never used his saber as a holo anyway.

Saga 2 TPM: 49 - Rep Been - An excellent sculpt, and looks great posed next to Boss Nass. Definitely a front-runner.

Saga 2 TPM: 50 - Naboo Soldier - A boring figure, but not awful. Not muh to say about this pegwarmer.

Saga 2 TPM: 51 - Dud Bolt and Mars Guo - A pair of nice figures, especially Dud Bolt. Now all we need is Mawhonic and Ben Quadinaros to round out the group.

Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra - A great sculpt, and a needed background character, although the mouth-movement isn't nearly enough to put this one over the top for me.

Best: It's a toss-up here, but I have to go with Endor Luke over Rep Been, because the removable helmet, which was decades coming, adds a couple extra points.

Worst: Obi-Wan Kenobi - the headsculpt looks nothing like Ewan MacGregor, the soft-goods cloak looks horrible, and the figure itself looks too short.

Jaff
02-26-2007, 01:41 AM
Saga 2 TPM: 52 - Gragra - SHE is awesome and a great new sculpt and as many pointed out, a working mouth! Her accessories from frogs to cleavers are a lot of fun and she's just a cool figure - yes very much in the same likes as Ephant Mon and as should be Herme Odle. IIRC, she barely didn't make our Top 50 list. Barely. Many people always knew she'd make a good figure. SHE, Jaff. C'mon. You like her a lot. I think you two should go on a date ;)

Actually Graga is a hottie, but Ephant seems too indimidating. I'm saving myself for Hermi, as her/his drool will help with intimate moments....:laugh:

DarkArtist
02-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Best = Dud Bolt & Mars Guo
Worst = Hologram Darth Maul

Jaff
02-27-2007, 02:48 AM
For a while I thought Maul was going to gain on Darth, but in the end the man in black won, or lost depending on how you view it..

BEST
Graga (Saga 2) 4
Luke Skywalker Endor (Saga 2) 5
Mars Guru & Dud Bolt (Saga 2) 7
Naboo Soldier (Saga 2) 1

WORST
Darth Vader Endor (Saga 2) 9
Darth Maul Hologram (Saga 2) 6
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2) 2

Jaff
02-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Well, we got some more rehashes to explore, but some of these are actually good, some are not. So lets begin the first of our Collectors Tin polls. Keep to this list please. Figures picked are modified rereleases. The ones not on the list are not.

11/06
Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I Tin)
Darth Maul (Episode I Tin)
R2-R9 (Episode I Tin)
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin)
Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin)
Anakin Skywalker (Episode III Tin)
White AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin)

R2-R9 (Episode I Tin)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiI.asp
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiII.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiIII.asp

Jaff
02-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) - I never liked this Qui-Gon. His facial expression is a bit out of place with this one, and add to the fact that he is laden with poor softgoods, and that means a real loser in my book.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I Tin) - Retooled attempt at Obi-Wan likeness with just a peg on his belt. Yawn!
Darth Maul (Episode I Tin) - What an ugly repaint of a pretty nice figure. Once again I frown on this Maul because of his gritting teeth. Theyíre just too white.
R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) - If I didnít have an already worthy R2 from the Naboo Starship I would have bought this figure. The droid actually looks good, with some added features not normally given to secondary astro droids. Itís a nice figure.
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) - They could do a lot better on Jango Fett, but for now this is the best one because his legs are the most neutral. This is nothing to jump at, but I still like the figure.
Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin) - This is the figure that caused me to buy this set. I like the fig, and I want all the clones with removable helmet. Back in 2000 we would have called this figure a great one, today he is a bit standard.
Anakin Skywalker (Episode III Tin) - Anakin tinged with darker hair, and darker clothing means a better Anakin, still he would be the only reason I would buy this set, but not for $30.00!!!
White AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin) - EU white AT-RT Driver, no thanks, Iíll pass...

BEST - Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin)

WORST - Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin)

bigbarada
02-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Best: R2-R9 - I'm a sucker for astromechs and this droid is the only reason I would buy this set.

Worst: AT-RT Driver - A crappy repaint of what could possibly be the worst armor design in Star Wars film history.

Tycho
02-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) - The softgoods doesn't match the plastic. They started making these kinds of figures badly with the CommTech Tantive IV Leia, and it really doesn't get better IMO

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I Tin) - Looks cheap for a tin figure.

Darth Maul (Episode I Tin) - Thanks but I don't want to look at Darth Maul any more.

R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) - It's just a droid. The Entertainment Earth sets finally satisfied me for almost all of these, exceptions made for 1 R4 and several R5s.

Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) - Yawn. I've seen enough of this face on so many figures already. What did they clone him or something?

Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin) - I have to admit I like this figure, too.

Anakin Skywalker (Episode III Tin) - I want 8 of these figures on single cards and I want them badly. This is the best AOTC Anakin I've seen!

White AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin) - Um, Captain Novak could have loaned him some of her spare diapers so he didn't have to stain his boots.

BEST - Anakin Skywalker (Episode II Tin)

WORST - AT-RT Driver with leaking bladder feature (Episode III Tin)

sebillba
02-27-2007, 06:52 AM
I only saw and bought the OT tin sets so will pass on voting again.

Jaff, shouldn't Yoda be included in the voting here? It's the only place you can get the ROTS figure with soft goods, and would be the only one I'd be really interested in getting from this set (if I ever saw it cheap, which is very unlikely, seeing as I've never seen it at all).

Kidhuman
02-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Passed on these.

Slicker
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
These were all carp but I'm gonna go with Big B.

Best - Astro Droid

Worst - Snowtrooper White AT-RT Driver

Darth Jax
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
best - jango surprisingly
worst - qui-gon with fly-away hair

pegger
02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Best - Blue Clone

Worst - Qui Gonn

DarkArtist
02-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Best = Blue Clone Trooper
Worst = Qui Gon Jinn

Bosskman
02-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Best - R2
Worst - Jango

tagmac
02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Passed on these, but since I'd bought (and then returned) the AOTC tin, I'll vote on these.

Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) - The softgoods did not impress me. I still think the Naboo open-cloaked version was the best Qui-Gon of them all.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I Tin) - See above

Darth Maul (Episode I Tin) - I never realized how white the teeth were on this figure. Never really had a complaint about a Maul figure, but this one was just more overkill to add to the EU versions.

R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) - The sensorscope was a nice touch, but having already gotten this one with the Queen's Starship, I had no need for it. Definitely a frontrunner of this group.

Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) - The best kitbash of them all, it gave us as close as we could get to a neutral-posed Jango with a removable helmet and without the pilot's headgear.

Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin) - The sole reason I bought this set (along with it's rarity, likele because of this very figure), only to return it when I realized I already had a blue clone from the Clone wars 3-packs. Personally, I've had enough of the removable-helmet clones.

Anakin Skywalker (Episode III Tin) - I didn't notice any difference between this one and the Evolutions figure.

White AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin) - Ridiculous! What a waste of plastic this one was!

Best: Jango Fett, for the reasons stated above, and with R2-R9 a close second.

Worst: White AT-RT Driver. I mean, seriously, what were they thinking?!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
I bought all the tin sets, but I'm having a hard time picking the best or worst. Well, I'll go with . . .
Best - Jango Fett (Attack of the Clones)
Worst - Darth Maul (The Phantom Menace) - the teeth were too white

Jaff
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Sebilba you are correct, that was an oversight on my part, Yoda should have been included. Anyone wishing to vote for Yoda may do so, however before I can post the next group we need someone who did not vote to break our tie-breaker. When I get a new vote, that breaks the deadlock I will post.

BEST
Blue Clone Trooper (Episode II Tin) 3
R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) 3
Anakin Skywalker (Episode II Tin) 1
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) 3

WORST
Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) 4
AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin) 4
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) 1
Darth Maul (Episode I Tin) 1

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2007, 08:24 PM

Old sculpts that should be updated. I particularly don't like Qui-Gon.

Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) - I guess it is an improvement on earlier ones with all the kitbashing, but still not the ultimate Jango I would like to have someday.

R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) - I already had the version that came with the Queen's Starship. This one looks nicer in some ways, but no retractable middle leg.

These four are more modern figures with good articulation. The clone isn't in the movie and I don't like that helmet design. Tough to choose between the other three, but I already had Maul and Anakin from the Evolutions set. This clone is a different color, so is more useful to me.

BEST - Blue Clonetrooper (Episode II Tin)

WORST - Qui Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin)

Tycho
02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
When I get a new vote, that breaks the deadlock I will post.

For some reason or 'nother, you sound like you're our parent.

In light of that, I respond: "I was a good boy, Daddy Jaff. I cleaned my room, drew a picture of Britney Spears for my homework, and fed the cats. Then Mad Slanted Powers broke a deadlock, and we all helped pitch in and clean it up for you."

Jaff
02-27-2007, 11:37 PM
For some reason or 'nother, you sound like you're our parent.

In light of that, I respond: "I was a good boy, Daddy Jaff. I cleaned my room, drew a picture of Britney Spears for my homework, and fed the cats. Then Mad Slanted Powers broke a deadlock, and we all helped pitch in and clean it up for you."

It's O.K. SON, Daddy still loves you. I just love Mad Slant a little more at this moment because he broke the tie.

BEST
Blue Clone Trooper (Episode II Tin) 4
R2-R9 (Episode I Tin) 3
Anakin Skywalker (Episode II Tin) 1
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) 3

WORST
Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) 5
AT-RT Driver (Episode III Tin) 4
Jango Fett (Episode II Tin) 1
Darth Maul (Episode I Tin) 1

Jaff
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Our last group of tins had very few figs I was interested in, however I was very pleased to get the Cantina figs, and my easy winner (Endor Soldier) was actually a guilty reason why I shelled out $30 for the ROTJ tin. What can I say, I’m a sucker for a variety in army builders. Please remember to pick figs on this list. Don’t pick the VOTC 3PO that was in the Episode IV Tin because we already voted on that fig. All figures listed are modified figs in some ways. The one’s not listed are not.

11/06
Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin)
Sandtrooper white pauldron (Episode IV Tin)
Cantina Band Member (Episode IV Tin pack - Wal-Mart exclusive)
Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin)
Chewbacca (Episode V Tin)
Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin)
Han in Hoth brown Coat (Episode V Tin pack)
Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin)
Leia Ewok Celebration (Episode VI Tin)

Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin)
Sandtrooper white pauldron (Episode IV Tin)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiIV.asp
Cantina Band Member (Episode IV Tin pack - Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinmodalnodes.asp
Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin)
Chewbacca (Episode V Tin)
Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin)
Han in Hoth brown Coat (Episode V Tin pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiV.asp
Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin)
Leia Ewok Celebration (Episode VI Tin)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACtinepisodeiVI.asp

Jaff
02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin) - This is a really nice Vader, but he lost most of his appeal because Darth is now a little over produced. The head of the figure is awesome, the other retools donít add much, but I still love his face detail.
Sandtrooper white pauldron (Episode IV Tin) - This figure is nice, and itís kind of interesting to have a removable helmet Sandtrooper, however it might have been more appealing if the fig had an Black or gray pauldron since we had Orange and White already available to us in the evolution sets.
Cantina Band Member (Episode IV Tin pack - Wal-Mart exclusive) - The instruments are the best part of these figs, because of the detail, however the figures themselves are better than the earlier versions because the paint detail is more crisp, and the softgoods surprisingly work for these figures.
Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin) - Although this fig does not have the scar detail of the first version itís not really something I wanted except for putting on a tauntaun before the Wampa encounter. The figure is actually less than what it was originally was. I donít dislike the figure, I just view it as a ignorable rehash.
Chewbacca (Episode V Tin) - If you take a winning Chewie (VOTC), put some snow detail on his legs, you have a great Hoth Chewie. I also like his howling expression, but thereís just one problem. Do you need a Hoth Chewie, and do you want to pay $30 for it?
Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin) - Removable helmet Saga 2 Snowie means a nice figure, but whether I had a removable head or not it doesnít make it any more desirable.
Han in Hoth brown Coat (Episode V Tin pack) - Weíve had an opportunity to have a brown coat Han so why would we want this one, especially when he comes with no sensor.
Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin) - This repaint of a Endor trooper with a new head is just cool. Heís a nice variety to add to Endor troopers, and the dude stands out because if you take his helmet off heís bald. How neat is that.
Leia Ewok Celebration (Episode VI Tin) - This is an improvement over the Leia collection, and the carded version, but not by much. Her softgoods donít look quite right, but other than that sheís a fair fig.

BEST - I donít even need to think about this one - Endor Rebel Trooper

WORST - Leia Ewok Celebration, the scales not right, the softgoods doesnít look right either.

Slicker
02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Man, this is a tough one. But here goes...

Best - Endor Soldier

Worst - Leia Ewok Celebration

Kidhuman
02-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Passed on these as well.

bigbarada
02-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Why didn't you include the Biker Scout? :confused: It's the VTSC body with the flip-visor head, it's not just a repack of the AT-AT pack-in (which used the POTJ body).

Tycho
02-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I didn't buy these, but I'll vote.

Hey, why does the Endor Rebel Soldier look like David Westerfield?

Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin) - Nice job.

Sandtrooper white pauldron (Episode IV Tin) - Nice again. He's clean instead of sandy. That's interesting. I guess you'd call that pre-sandy?

Cantina Band Member (Episode IV Tin pack - Wal-Mart exclusive) - The softgoods DO NOT work for these figures. I'm glad I got enough of them in '97. Thanks but no thanks.

Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin) - This didn't turn out good.

Chewbacca (Episode V Tin) - Uh. OK. Not bad. Just leaves me with no comment.

Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin) - Kind of cool. I don't like thinking of all these OT troop guys with Jango's head though - I think Snowtroopers and Sandtroopers especially.

Han in Hoth brown Coat (Episode V Tin pack) - This is still a good figure.

Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin) - He looks like a child molestor. I'm sorry, but he just does.

Leia Ewok Celebration (Episode VI Tin) - She's alright.

BEST - Sandtrooper I guess

WORST - Luke Hoth

Mad Slanted Powers
02-28-2007, 01:41 AM
Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin) - A good Vader, but his head looks more like Hayden, and this is an Episode IV figure.

Sandtrooper white pauldron (Episode IV Tin) - More troops, removeable helmet, but nothing really exciting since we had a Sandtrooper in the regular line.

Cantina Band Member (Episode IV Tin pack - Wal-Mart exclusive) - Not sure if I like the soft goods or not.

Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin) - A good figure.

Chewbacca (Episode V Tin) - A good Chewie, but we've already had a couple snow Chewies.

Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin) - They should have used the newer sculpt rather than this posed one.

Han in Hoth brown Coat (Episode V Tin pack) - Don't like the pose and limited articulation, and I like the blue coat version better.

Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin) - I like this repaint and new head, but this sculpt seems like a giant compared to the Saga and Saga 2 versions.

Leia Ewok Celebration (Episode VI Tin) - Okay, but an older figure that doesn't come close to beting the best here.

The C-3PO seems like a repaint to me and not just a repack. He seems shinier than my VOTC version. Still a lousy figure though.

BEST - Darth Vader ANH
WORST - Hoth Han Solo

bigbarada
02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
The Biker Scout was the only reason I bought the ROTJ set, not a great figure, but a definite improvement over the AT-AT pack-in version.

ROTJ Tin Biker Scout:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACtinROTJscoutart.jpg

Saga2 AT-AT Pack-in:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSCendorATATfigs.jpg

Can you guess who I want to pick for best? :) None of these are great figures or anything that will be remembered in two years, but I'm a big fan of Biker Scout and this was just a cool little variant.

Worst is easy on this one: Leia Ewok Celebration - this figure has absolutely zero redeeming qualities anymore. One of her legs is even significantly longer than the other, making her even worse than the POTF2 version.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm curious why you didn't include all 4 figures from each tin (exception being the cantina tin)? Is it because those are rehashes? If so, the entire tin shabang can be considered rehashes 'cept for the troopers with removable helmets which are half rehashes. I guess I am wondering what yer system is? :)

With what you have up...

Best = Cantina Band Member

Worst = Leia Ewok Celebration

However, if you added ALL of the figures from each tin, my Best vote would change to Leia from Episode IV Tin...the worst would stay the same cuz it is THE WORST hehe

Tycho
02-28-2007, 03:40 AM
Those were good comparison pictures you linked to BigBarada. I never paid attention to the differences before. It was very educational. (not sarcastic)

Jaff
02-28-2007, 04:59 AM
The Biker Scout was the only reason I bought the ROTJ set, not a great figure, but a definite improvement over the AT-AT pack-in version.

ROTJ Tin Biker Scout:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TACtinROTJscoutart.jpg

Saga2 AT-AT Pack-in:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSCendorATATfigs.jpg

Can you guess who I want to pick for best? :) None of these are great figures or anything that will be remembered in two years, but I'm a big fan of Biker Scout and this was just a cool little variant.

Worst is easy on this one: Leia Ewok Celebration - this figure has absolutely zero redeeming qualities anymore. One of her legs is even significantly longer than the other, making her even worse than the POTF2 version.

Big barada, I stand corrected, I'm getting a little cross eyed with all these rehashed figs. It's hard to tell what's rehash, repaint, resculpt, repackaged, and every other re.. you can think of. By all means: lets include the Biker Scout.

pegger
02-28-2007, 04:59 AM
Best - Cantina guy
Worst - Ewok Leia.

Bosskman
02-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Best - ANH Vader - I love this awesome Vader

Worst - Hoth Han

sebillba
02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Sorry to be picky again Jaff, but since biker scout and 3PO have already been mentioned as omissions, I thought I would point out that ANH Leia is different to the early bird set, even though RS say she's just a repack - her belt has been repainted with more detail. Not that I want to vote for her, but I notice Deoxy wanted to.

Best - Chewie

Worst - Ewok Leia

Darth Jax
02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
best - cantina band member (a new fig for me since i'd missed out on him before)

worst - luke hoth

DarkArtist
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Best = Snowtrooper
Worst = Han Hoth

El Chuxter
02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll scan the comparison pics a bit later and give you some opinions. None of these were worth the $25-$30 by a long shot, IMHO.

Though I must admit that, after seeing the comparison pics BigB posted, and paying more attention, I'll have to buy that Scout when the tin goes on clearance.

bigbarada
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Big barada, I stand corrected, I'm getting a little cross eyed with all these rehashed figs. It's hard to tell what's rehash, repaint, resculpt, repackaged, and every other re.. you can think of. By all means: lets include the Biker Scout.

Thank you. :) Even though it looks like I'm the only one who is voting for him. :(

pbarnard
02-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Been awhile, but haven't bought much either. I did buy the OT tins just to display the back side with the Best Buy Movie Tin, and it looks nice. Pleasant suprises in that all the Troopers have removable helmets or flip masks. I use the Scout trooper as the Rebel in disguise anyways even though it isn't. I sort of wish they would've given us the grey bearded Rebel Soldier instead of the made up 2 from the Saga line who really are Millennium Falcon gunners and this guy who looks good, but could've upgraded the body.

Best (rehash): Episode IV Vader. The mask, articulation, and the saber make it possibly the best Vader figure I have.

Worst (rehash): Episode V Han. This is the only incarnation of Han (and Luke for that matter) in the whole set. We get 2 Leias, 2 Vaders, decent army builders and they give us this statue with the incorrect blaster pistol on top of it?

tagmac
02-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Best: Cantina Band Member. Not the greatest figures out there, but pretty good, even with the softgoods, and the best of this bunch. This was the only tin I bought, since I'd only bought one of Figrin D'an years back. Had to resort to ebay since my Wal-Mart never had them, and ended up finally getting the whole Cantina Band for less than $30, shipping included!

Worst: Hoth Han. i'm one of those "blue coat" people, so the brown coat will always be an automatic loser with me.

Jaff
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
The voting for tins were all over the place in this batch, but winners were managed to be claimed without ties.

BEST
Endor Rebel Trooper (Episode VI Tin) 2
Sandtrooper (Episode IV Tin) 1
Darth Vader (Episode IV Tin) 3
Cantina Band Member (Cantina Tin) 4
Biker Scout (Episode VI Tin) 1
Chewbacca Hoth (Episode V Tin) 1
Snowtrooper (Episode V Tin) 1

WORST
Leia Celebration Dress (Episode VI Tin) 6
Luke Hoth (Episode V Tin) 2
Han Hoth (Episode V Tin) 5

Jaff
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Holy Cow, I missed a Battle pack from May 2006!!!! I guess I kept spending too much time researching repacks (even though I missed a few despite that)Time to fix this with the final battle pack of the year!

The last of the 2006 Battle packs has Clones, clones, and more clones. All are repaints in some way, with the exception of one that I anticipate will take the gold with ease.

11/06
Mace (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
Purple Clone Troopers (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
Purple Airborne trooper (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
5/06
Heavy Clone Gunner (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)
Captain Fordo (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)
Blue Clone Trooper (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)

Mace (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
Purple Clone Troopers (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
Purple Airborne trooper (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc06BPmacebattalion.asp
Heavy Clone Gunner (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)
Captain Fordo (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)
Blue Clone Trooper (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc06BPhuntforgrievous.asp

Jaff
03-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Mace (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target) - Mace with softgoods....If I had this I would just throw this in one of my double totes.
Purple Clone Troopers (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target) - These are some sharp looking EU clones. Too bad they were not in the movie or I would have bought them in a heartbeat.
Purple Airborne trooper (Mace Winduís Attack Battalion Battle Pack - Target) - This figure is just awesome, but such a tease of the 30th Anniversary version.
Captain Fordo (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack) - This is a wickedly cool figure, that is if you love the cartoon show, and I did, however not enough for me to collect non-film items. The figure is the ultimate kit-bash, but the figure works.
Heavy Clone Gunner (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack) - This figure, like Fordo is an excessive kit-Bash
that looks good, but is less needed than Fordo, which makes him not important to get.
Blue Clone Trooper (Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack) - Repaints, what more is there to say....?

BEST - Purple Airborne Trooper

WORST - Mace has no challengers

DarkArtist
03-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Best = Airborne Trooper
Worst = Mace Windu

Darth Jax
03-01-2007, 09:36 AM
best - fordo
worst - mace

Tycho
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I almost bought "The Hunt for Grievous."

The heavy gunner is best for me. He's very cool.

(Capt. Fordo was available on a single CW card and I snagged a few of them then - in fact it was only the Heavy Gunner that was making me consider this pack - but I already had a lot of ARC Troopers, etc.)

WORST: Mace - I mean a Jedi in softgoods that doesn't look right versus "armor?" The choice is obvious.

By the way, I wish Sam Jackson had never started this purple thing. Look at what I did above?!

tagmac
03-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Never bought either, although the temptation was there. Like with the previous group, I won't post full reviews here either, but I will vote.

Best: Purple Airborne Trooper - I like the sculpting and the detail on this guy, but knowing the movie-accurate Utapau version is coming out, this one was not enough to get me to buy the set.

Worst: Mace Windu - another shiny cloak ruins an already low-quality figure.