PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

sebillba
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I only got the Hunt for Grievous set, so will vote from that.

Best - CAPTAIN FORDO... I was pleased to get this, since I could never find the red ARC Trooper when it was carded. (No doubt the Airborne Trooper will win this round, and I do have the new orange version, but was disappointed with mine as he's got a really loose wrist and so can't hold his rifle very well.)

Worst - BLUE CLONE

Kidhuman
03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Best - Airborne Trooper

Worst - Mace

pegger
03-01-2007, 11:06 AM
(Capt. Fordo was available on a single CW card and I snagged a few of them then - in fact it was only the Heavy Gunner that was making me consider this pack - but I already had a lot of ARC Troopers, etc.)

Actually Fordo is different from the carded one. The carded on has a slightly different helmet, with a range finder. Fordo does not have the range finder.

Best - Heavy Gunner.

Worst - Mace

I do have to say that the Hunt fro Grevious pack is awesome. Especially when they are all sitting in the CW deco gunship...

bigbarada
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Best: Airborne Troop

Worst: Mace

I agree with Tycho on the purple thing. Everytime I see a purple clonetrooper, purple starfighter and a purple astromech droid, I can only think, "I hate you, Samuel L. Jackson!" :mad:

;)

pbarnard
03-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Best: Airborne Troop

I agree with Tycho on the purple thing. Everytime I see a purple clonetrooper, purple starfighter and a purple astromech droid, I can only think, "I hate you, Samuel L. Jackson!" :mad:

;)

Nah, I think that some where Jerry Falwell is going, Teletubbies Tinky Winky and I can sue.

Pass on the whole lot of it.

El Chuxter
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM

I think more of the blame falls on Louie the Lilac.

I don't have HFG in-hand yet, but I'll hazard a vote anyway.

Best: Airborne

bigbarada
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm joking, I don't hate Samuel L. Jackson.... I just hate Mace Windu.

Slicker
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Best - Mace (because he's not a clone)

Worst - Airborne Trooper (because he's a clone)

Bosskman
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Best - Heavy Gunner
Worst - Mace

pegger
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Best - Mace (because he's not a clone)

Worst - Airborne Trooper (because he's a clone)

Well - that's just rac...err.. clonist

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Best - Clone Trooper (Mace Windu's Attack Batallion)
Worst - Mace Windu (Mace Windu's Attack Batallion)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I actually like purple, so I like the purple clones, purple droids and purple lightsabers. I never saw the purple clone battle pack though. My first attempt at it on ebay failed last week.

Best would be between Fordo and the Purple Airborne Trooper. However, the purple dude ain't in the movie. I never found the red ARC Trooper, so Fordo was a welcome addition. Also, Fordo is an anagram of Frodo.

Mace is just a repack with a robe and he still has the floppy arms from the action feature.

BEST - Fordo
WORST - Mace

Jaff
03-02-2007, 07:51 AM
This is a pretty open and shut poll. Mace is truly the most repetitive stinker of all the characters in Star Wars. It's shocking how the quality of Mace has went downhill from the original Episode I version.

BEST
Purple Airborne Trooper (Mace BP) 6
Captain Fordo (Hunt for Grievous BP) 3
Heavy Clone Gunner (Hunt for ... BP) 3
Mace Windu (Mace BP) 1
Purple Clone (Mace Attack Battalion BP) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Mace Attack Battalion BP) 12
Blue Clone Trooper (Hunt for Grievous BP) 1
Purple Airborne Trooper (Mace BP) 1

Jaff
03-02-2007, 08:01 AM
I hate to say it, but even carded figures offered nothing new but rehashes and repaints. This next group is a testimony to that, but some of the figs were useful to me.

11/06
Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape)
Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody
Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion
Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid
Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security
Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green)
Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid
Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack

Which is your best and worst?

Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape)
Sorry, couldn't find the picture, rebelscum had bad url, can anyone find this picture and post it for me.
Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc056holocody.asp
Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc057clone442.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc058r5j2.asp
Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc059clone5th.asp
Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc060clonesgt.asp
Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc061SBD.asp
Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc062BDs.asp

Jaff
03-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape) - I was real hesitant to include this fig because his only changes was a repainted C-3PO bundle, however if I choose not to represent him it would have gone against my own rules. However I donít see any improvement over this Chewie, than the one that was made in 2002.
Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody - This is a necessary Hologram, and I bought him because of his film scene. This is just another hologram to check off my list of film figures to get.
Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion - This is actually a cool Clone, as it was detailed in the visual dictionary. If he had only been in the movie, I would have loved this figure, however I donít have him cause he's not in the film.
Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid - Another astro to check off of the to be made film figs. The droid is nice, and even though droid repaints are becoming a standard sight now days itís one of the nicer ones.
Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security - This is another nice clone, but yet another unnecessary one.
Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green) - Brighten some clone armor, give some green detail, and you got a better clone. This is nice figure to have even if he outshines the other clones that have already been made. This clone buffed his armor, and I bet all the others are jealous.
Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid - I like the EU concept, but found this fig not needed. Thereís not much else to say about this one.
Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack - See above, however it is worth the money for these figs because two came in one package. A nice deal.

BEST - R5-J2

WORST - Tough, because out of the list, thereís not really some bad figs. Iíll pick the Fleet Security clone because heís really not needed and looks less than the Siege Battalion clone.

Kidhuman
03-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Best - 442nd Clone

Worst - Chewie(would have been Maul if he made the list)

Darth Jax
03-02-2007, 08:43 AM
best - imp astromech, which isn't saying much in a wave of repainted figs.

worst - battle droid 2 pack - 2 droids that can't stand.

tagmac
03-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape) - I loved this figure the first time around, but it was plentiful back then, and redundant now.

Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody - Not a bad-looking figure, but I'm so sick of the holo figures that I haven't bought one since the Yoda exclusive. I did pick this one up, along with R5-J2, but I ended up returning them since I didn't need more repaints.

Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion - Not movie-accurate, and so I left it on the pegs. Among the easiest figures to find from this wave, if you can believe that!

Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid - I thought this was actually a cool figure, but since I didn't remember seeing it in the movie, I didn't want to waste th money, so I brought it back.

Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security - Didn't buy this guy as part of the Clone 3-pack, and left him now even with articulation. Personally, I like the solid-color highlighted clones better than the tiny-striped ones anyway.

Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green) - Another figure I bought because of it's rarity and the fact that it briefly appeared in AOTC on Kamino, but since I already had a green clone from the Clone Wars 3-pack, and this guy never appeared in any battle scenes, back to the store it went!

Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid - I liked the concept, and it worked well for a Kashyyk diorama, but since it wasn't movie accurate, and I have enough battle droids, I left this one.

Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack - see above

Best: R5-J2 - the black coloring really worked on this droid.

Worst: Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security - didn't like this guy the first time around, didn't like him this time either.

sebillba
03-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I got most of these, but none of them hold much interest for me, and I can hardly be bothered to vote. However, I will........

Best - CHEWIE.... didn't buy this repaint, but the original is one of my favourite figures, and although there's nothing new here, it's still loads better than the rest of this wave.

Worst - 5TH FLEET SECURITY CLONE... didn't buy this either - there's just nothing vaguely interesting about this deco.

Bosskman
03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Best - R5
Worst - SBD

Slicker
03-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Best - Chewie (I'm a sucker for the OT)

Worst - SBD

pegger
03-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Best - R5

Worst Battle Droids

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Best - Battle Droids (Kashyyyk Conquest) - two for one is nice, even if they're not SA.
Worst - Chewbacca with Electronic C-3PO (Cloud City Escape) - nothing new here.

pbarnard
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Best: R5. One mold I hope Hasbro goes gonzo with.

Worst: Super Battle Droid. Flip a coin. Now they decide to army build efficiently with Battle Droids and they offer them in this craptastic paint scheme?

Tycho
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I only bought 5 of 1 figure from this wave (the AOTC sergeant) for use in a troop lineup scene from the end of AOTC "Begun this Clone War has."

Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape) - I never bought either incarnation / release of this figure. He looks good. I just don't succomb to constantly improving the representation of characters I already have. I don't have Young Owen and Beru - so that's what I'm most likely to buy when I have the opportunity. Hasbro can't sell me what I'm not looking for.

Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody - I decided not to do the Hologram briefing scene - so I didn't buy Aayla and I don't need Cody. Skip.

Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion - Not in the movie-and I need to army build with enough clones that ARE, so skip.

Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid - I have a few Astromechs I use around my Death Star scene (2 vintage Kenner playsets and a kiddie kitchen shelves toy that worked perfectly as a connection for them.) So I don't need any more Imperial Astromechs even though my Empire won't have any R5s.

Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security - What ever.

Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green) - OK, I found this figure actually useful! The only one from this wave I bought - 5 times, too.

Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid - I kind of liked this concept too. I keep thinking that maybe one day I'll go on eBay and decide to find these and replace my Super Battle Droids I have for Kashyyyk with this paint scheme just to do something different. That would break my own rules. But who cares? One day it might give me something to buy when there is nothing else to buy. I'm not planning to get Force Unleashed figures, and might not buy stuff from either TV series.

Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack - see above. I'm alarmed to hear that people are having trouble with weak plastic in the legs again though. Has Hasbro ever responded to this?

Best: AOTC green-stripe Sergeant-

Worst: Chewbacca - offered the least thing "new."

DarkArtist
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Best = R5-J2
Worst = Chewbacca Cloud City Escape - wasn't happy to see it re-released again.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Saga 2 ESB: 54 - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape) - Didn't get this once since I already had the Saga version. Nothing new of note here.
Saga 2 ROTS: 56 - Holographic Commander Cody - I'll echo the sentiments of the group and say that holo figures don't really excite me.
Saga 2 EU: 57 - Clone Trooper 442: Siege Battalion - A great figure, but just another clone repaint.
Saga 2 ROTS: 58 - R5-J2 Imperial Astrotech Droid - Cool to have another astro droid. This R5 mold is new, so it hasn't become overused yet.
Saga 2 EU: 59 - Clone Trooper 5: Fleet Security - Haven't found this one yet, but it's another good clone.
Saga 2 AOTC: 60 - Clone Trooper Sergeant (Green) - I've not opened my Clone Trooper 4-packs yet, so by getting a couple of these, I now have a green AOTC clone to display loose.
Saga 2 EU: 61 - Super Battle Droid - I've only found one, so haven't opened it yet. It's just a repaint of the ROTS SBD, and I haven't really liked any SBD sculpt yet.
Saga 2 EU: 62 - Battle Droid 2-pack - Nice repaint, but the quality of the plastic seems to get worse with each battle droid released.

BEST - Clone Trooper Sergeant - while the R5 unit is a fresh sculpt, the Sergeant is the first decent single carded AOTC clone I've got. The Saga versions weren't neutral poses, and I never found the Clone Wars version.

WORST - Battle Droids

bigbarada
03-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Best: R5 - followed closely by the 442 Seige Battalion Clone (the only two figures I was even interested in from this wave)

Worst: Chewie with 3P0 - I thought he was unnecessary in 2002 (because the Mechanic Chewie and POTF2 Removable Limbs Threepio filled this role perfectly) and he's even more unnecessary now.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Best = R5-J2

Worst = Super Battle Droid

Jaff
03-03-2007, 07:17 AM
A repaint wins the best, but suprisingly enough a Chewie touted as one of the best in the past is voted as the worst.

BEST
R5-J2 (Saga 2) 9
442nd Clone Trooper (Saga 2) 1
Chewbacca Cloud City Escape (Saga 2) 2
Battle Droids 2-pack (Saga 2) 1
Clone Trooper Sergeant (Saga 2) 2

WORST
5th Fleet Security Clone (Saga 2) 3
Chewbacca Cloud City Escape (Saga 2) 5
Battle Droids 2-pack (Saga 2) 3
Super Battle Droid (Saga 2) 4

Jaff
03-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Yet another unique EE exclusive multipack was the Republic Commandos which touted a ton of EU figs that really looked nice. Note that the second repainted Neimoidian is a straight repack of the 2002 version, thus he is not available to vote on. Sun Fac is also in this category.

11/06
Fixer (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Scorch (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Zev (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Delta 38 (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Nemoidian Warrior - Sun Fac repaint - (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)

Fixer (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Scorch (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Zev (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Delta 38 (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Sun Fac (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
Nemoidian Warrior - Sun Fac repaint - (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCdeltasquad.asp

Jaff
03-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Fixer - This fig honestly has the worst paint color of all the repaints in this group. The green just doesn't work for me.
Scorch - Battle Damaged Scorch, I don't think he needed a second incarnation. I think nothing good or bad about this fig.
Sev - I like the red deco on this fig, and his backpack extention, but like all figs of this group they are nothing more than rehashed, repainted repeats.
Delta 38 - A nice fig, it's too bad I don't really appreciate this set, I bet if these were film figs I would be jumping for joy.
Nemoidian Warrior - Sun Fac repaint - (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive) - This is a fair repaint of Fac, but it doesn't really improve the figure that much.

BEST - Sev

WORST - Fixer

sebillba
03-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Nemoidian Warrior - Sun Fac repaint - (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive) - This is a fair repaint of Fac, but it doesn't really improve the figure that much.

If only this was a Neimoidian battle pack, it would be far more interesting..... unfortunately they're Geonosians.;)

Best - I recently picked up the GEO WARRIOR loose, so will go with that, as it's a nice variation.

Worst - the main reason I passed on this set was because I'd already shelled out £10 for the carded Scorch, so was less than pleased when he was available again here - I really didn't want another one of this over-hyped and over-priced EU character. For that reason, SCORCH is my worst.

Tycho
03-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Fixer - He's alright and the paint job isn't sloppy.

Scorch -I'm indifferent here. I bought 4 of this carded figure before I knew there'd be this battlepack.

Sev - This paint job is the worst. If he's supposed to look battle hardened, it fails miserably. Sev is the reason why I did NOT buy this pack!
He just looks awful. They could have made him battle worn in so many better ways.

Delta 38 - Delta's alright.

Sun Fac repaint - (Republic Commandos - Entertainment Earth exclusive) - Nothing to see here. I like the figure sculpt however. But I've got him from the carded release.

BEST - Fixer

WORST - Sev

Bosskman
03-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I got this set and like it but I'm gonna pass on voting, just because.....

Mad Slanted Powers
03-03-2007, 03:03 PM
I'll vote for Sev as best since I like the red color scheme the best. I think he looks more battle worn that the green and orange guys.

I'll vote for the Geonosian as worst because it was difficult to tell who was who from the box. The back of the box seems to indicate that the silver one is Sun Fac, yet the blue one is the Sun Fac repack.

BEST - Sev
WORST - Geonosian

Slicker
03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I got this but thought they were all carp so I'm gonna stay out of the voting. :)

pegger
03-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Best - Sev

Worst - Scorch - it offers nothing new

Kidhuman
03-03-2007, 06:23 PM
It wasnt an EE exclusive, they were a diamond distributor exclusive.

Best - Zev

Worst - Scorch

DarkArtist
03-03-2007, 07:18 PM
actually liked the whole set so I'll pass on this one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-04-2007, 01:54 PM
There are three Geonosians in this set - a repack of Sun Fac, a repaint of Sun Fac, and a repack of the 2002 Geonosian. I think only the Sun Fac repaint figure should be included. I haven't opened this yet so I won't vote this time.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
There are three Geonosians in this set - a repack of Sun Fac, a repaint of Sun Fac, and a repack of the 2002 Geonosian. I think only the Sun Fac repaint figure should be included. I believe that is the only one that is included in the poll, and is the one I voted worst.

Darth Jax
03-04-2007, 09:43 PM
sev-best
geo warrior-worst

i just didn't like the big flies

Tycho
03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
I've noticed anti-Geonosian prejudice amongst fans before.

Watto (while not a Geonosian, but similar) never experienced such difficulty.

But when presented with a whole race of fly-people (like more than at a picnic) many get really annoyed.

I rather liked Geonosians as they were not standard 2-arm / 2-leg aliens and like the Hutts did in their own way, they added to the tapestry of Star Wars.

tagmac
03-04-2007, 11:03 PM
I never purchased this set, so I'm gonna back out of this vote, too.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
I've noticed anti-Geonosian prejudice amongst fans before.

Watto (while not a Geonosian, but similar) never experienced such difficulty.

But when presented with a whole race of fly-people (like more than at a picnic) many get really annoyed.

I rather liked Geonosians as they were not standard 2-arm / 2-leg aliens and like the Hutts did in their own way, they added to the tapestry of Star Wars.
Part of my dislike of them is that the figures didn't stand well for me, and the early ones didn't have pegholes either.

Jaff
03-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Thank you for all the detail clarifications in this error laden exclusive pack. The turnout was fair, and the results were close in the worst list.

BEST
Sev (Republic Commandos) 5
Geonosian Warrior (Republic Commandos) 1
Fixer (Republic Commandos) 1

WORST
Fixer (Republic Commandos) 1
Scorch (Republic Commandos) 3
Sev (Republic Commandos) 1
Geonosian Warrior (Republic Commandos) 2

Jaff
03-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Our last poll for 2006 are the Dark Horse comic packs which had some new looks on some old figures. Today, these figs are a common sight, which makes me wonder how many of us bought these packs.

12/06
Darth Vader (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)
Captain Antilles (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)
Stormtrooper (Dark Horse #3 Comic 2-Pack)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Dark Horse #3 Comic 2-Pack)
Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Dark Horse #4 Comic 2-Pack)
Chewbacca (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)

Darth Vader (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)
Captain Antilles (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks02.asp
Stormtrooper (Dark Horse #3 Comic 2-Pack)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Dark Horse #3 Comic 2-Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks03.asp
Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Dark Horse #4 Comic 2-Pack)
Chewbacca (Dark Horse #2 Comic 2-Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcomicpacks04.asp

Jaff
03-05-2007, 03:36 AM
I really had a hard time liking any of these figs, to me they were just useless repaints of the same figs that Iíve had for years. At least in some of the upcoming comic packs they will be releasing never before seen figs, which is what should have been done in the first place to generate excitement over this line. I understand that these figs are an attempt at creativity, but I canít help but notice my negative bias towards them. As a result I wonít list my comments on each fig, because I donít enjoy or appreciate any of them.

BEST - I guess Grand Moff Tarkin

WORST - Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Dark Horse #4 Comic 2-Pack) - I would have bought this pack had the Han stormtrooper been painted the right color. This makes these pack kind of a bummer for me, because I really want a new Han in Stormtrooper.

Tycho
03-05-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't want to vote here. It would be hard to pick the worst and there's nothing to pick for the best.

I didn't want these and didn't buy them. I do hope they won't perform too poorly, as the upcoming Dark Horse offerings might be awesome, Villie and Quinlan especially seeing as they're all new sculpts and not kit-bashes.

I have plans to buy 8 of those 2-packs, and A'Sharad and The Dark Woman (her real name is Anja something and she was Aurra Sing's Jedi Master) will also be awesome.

sebillba
03-05-2007, 05:24 AM
I'm gonna have to pass again, as I had no interest in buying them.... just as well really, as I've never seen them at retail over here.

DarkArtist
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Best = Han Solo in Stormtrooper Gear
Worst = Clown Make-up / Drag Attack Chewbacca

pbarnard
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Rebel Trooper: Good custom fodder with different colors that will work after head swapped out.
Vader: Ummm, ok?
Tarkin: Not a fan of "old" head that's just off on new body
Stormtrooper: Another CommTech
Han in Stormie: Bit scrawny
Chewie: Sick of the mold, but the face isn't that bad as everyone says it is. If anything it has more expression than 99% of the other chewies out there.

Best: Chewie. Cuz I have to go against the grain here and say yes, it did capture the comic likeness.
Worst: Tarkin. There's just something wrong with the head here that creeps me out more than the loss of size in the Han Solo.

bigbarada
03-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Best: Han Stormtrooper - or least worst, he's the only figure who's not just a straight repaint and (from the looks of things for 2007) he's the only Han Stormtrooper we will be getting for a long time. :cry:

Worst: Chewie - his tan face looks absolutely ridiculous.

Darth Jax
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
best - tarkin
worst - chewie

General_Grievous
03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Best - Han Stormtrooper. Sure, the color is off and he's too short, but he's the best looking figure out of this wave.

Worst - Chewie. What the hell were they thinking?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Tarkin: Not a fan of "old" head that's just off on new bodyNot sure what you mean here. It looks like they took the ROTS head and repainted it to look more older. I think the POTF2 head is a better likeness of Tarkin in ANH though.

BEST - Han
WORST - Chewie

pegger
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
pass for me...

Kidhuman
03-05-2007, 07:31 PM
pass for me...

Ditto...............

Jaff
03-06-2007, 06:12 AM
A sorry group of figures gets some sorry interest. I myself wanted to pass on voting on this group, but did anyways.

BEST
Grand Moff Tarkin (Comic Pack #2) 2
Han in Stormtrooper (Comic Pack#3) 4
Chewbacca (Comic Pack#3) 1

WORST
Han in Stormtrooper (Comic Pack#3) 1
Chewbacca (Comic Pack#3) 5
Grand Moff Tarkin (Comic Pack #2) 1

Jaff
03-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Itís the end of 2006, but not the end of the poll. We still have several things to vote on, but before we get to them itís time for the year end round up, and itís a tough list.

BEST
R2-Q2 (EE Droid pack)
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)
Sun Fac (Saga 2)
Fire Speeder Pilot (Saga 2)
Biker Scout (VOTC)
R5-D4 (Saga 2)
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set)
Chief Chirpa (Saga 2)
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder)
Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac)
Mars Guru & Dud Bolt (Saga 2)
Blue Clone Trooper (Episode II Tin)
Cantina Band Member (Cantina Tin)
Purple Airborne Trooper (Mace BP)
R5-J2 (Saga 2)
Sev (Republic Commandos)

WORST
R3-T2 (EE Droid pack)
Darth Vader Hoth (Saga 2)
Demise of General Grievous (Saga 2)
Holographic Ki-Adi Mundi (Saga 2)
George Lucas Stormtrooper (VOTC)
Darth Vader Bespin Confession (Saga 2)
Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop)
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2)
Biker Scout (Endor AT-AT)
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack BP)
Darth Vader Endor (Saga 2)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin)
Leia Celebration Dress (Episode VI Tin)
Mace Windu (Mace Attack Battalion BP)
Chewbacca Cloud City Escape (Saga 2)
Scorch (Republic Commandos)
Han in Stormtrooper (Comic pack #4)

Make your vote count on this one!

Jaff
03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Here is my list which I would consider as the best, which are all some really nice figures.

AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - One of my favorite characters in the film. The detail is much better, and I bought multiples to replace the older versions.
Fire Speeder Pilot (Saga 2) - A very detailed, background figure. They couldnít have done better on this one.
Biker Scout (VOTC) - I was about to omit this figure from this list, but it deserves an honorable mention. Itís great that itís super articulated, and I did want a neutral Biker Scout, however older versions were fine, this just refined the quality.
R5-D4 (Saga 2) - After waiting for an appropriate R5 for years, this fig is way worthy mention of the best. Yet at this point, the constant rehashes of Astro droids has taken some luster from this fig.
Chief Chirpa (Saga 2) - The best ewok ever made, another perfect figure.
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder) - Perfect figure, the best Hoth pilot ever made.
Mars Guru & Dud Bolt (Saga 2) - These are nice, but as I ponder these, they wonít make it as the best for me.

The Best of 2006: The three competetors for me is AT-AT Driver (Saga 2), Chief Chirpa (Saga 2), and Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder). Zev is just such a powerful figure though, he wins it for me.

My worst list is much smaller than the best because 2006 was a great year for figs, there were much rehashes and repaints on this list, but to me, that does not make these figures bad, just annoying.

Holographic Ki-Adi Mundi (Saga 2) - Hologram figures are now an overproduced trend. I hope we donít see any new ones made for awhile.
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - Bottom line, many of us hate this fig. This is this likenessí (Saga 2003) second time on a year end worst poll. I wonder if heís got a chance on this one.
Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) - An ugly miss-matched figure.
Mace Windu (Mace Attack Battalion BP) - Mace is a repetitive messed up fig. The battle pack was great, this fig just damaged the quality.
Chewbacca (Comic Pack #4) - I could easily vote this for the worst, if I considered this a fig.

The Worst of 2006 - I got to pick Mace Windu (BP), although Palpy has a shot, I donít love this Mace fig.

sebillba
03-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Best - comes down to AT-AT Driver and the podracers. The first was always one of my favourite vintage figures, and is an awesome remake.... but aliens always beat out troopers for me, so I'll go for DUD & MARS. Aside from being cool looking aliens, they're completely new characters for the line, and came in a two pack - a pretty unbeatable combination in my book!

Worst - BATTLE DROID (from Sith Lord BP)... I don't have this, but I dislike all other bendy BDs, so I'm sure I'd hate this one as well.

Kidhuman
03-06-2007, 07:23 AM
R2-Q2 (EE Droid pack) - Dont have
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - Awesome figure, great detailing
Sun Fac (Saga 2) - A nice surprise amongst a sea of carp this wave
Fire Speeder Pilot (Saga 2) - I like it
Biker Scout (VOTC) - Probably the best Figure this year, the fact that he sits on a Vintage bike is awesome
R5-D4 (Saga 2) - Bout time
Baron Papanoida (Lucas Collectorís set) - passed
Chief Chirpa (Saga 2) - Great figure, for 3 bucks, not 7 though
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder) - I like this guy alot. If I had a snowspeeder prior to this set, I would have passed. The only downside to him is you had to buy the snowspeeder.
Lando in disguise (Battle above the Sarlaac) - passed
Mars Guru & Dud Bolt (Saga 2) - Nice 2 pack
Blue Clone Trooper (Episode II Tin) - passed
Cantina Band Member (Cantina Tin) - I bought it, nothing special here
Purple Airborne Trooper (Mace BP) - EU clone, not in movie
R5-J2 (Saga 2) - anohter droid, meh
Sev (Republic Commandos) - Repaint of Scorch

Best - VOTC Scout

R3-T2 (EE Droid pack) - passed
Darth Vader Hoth (Saga 2) - yawn
Demise of General Grievous (Saga 2) - double yawn
Holographic Ki-Adi Mundi (Saga 2) - not bad, not good. meh!!
George Lucas Stormtrooper (VOTC) - Crap
Darth Vader Bespin Confession (Saga 2) - see Vader above
Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop) - EU carp
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - Honestly, WTF? Fix the hood already
Biker Scout (Endor AT-AT) - Why pay 90 bucks for a figure?
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack BP) - passed
Darth Vader Endor (Saga 2) - meh
Qui-Gon Jinn (Episode I Tin) - passed
Leia Celebration Dress (Episode VI Tin) - passed
Mace Windu (Mace Attack Battalion BP) - an ok fig at best
Chewbacca Cloud City Escape (Saga 2) - re-trash
Scorch (Republic Commandos) - retrash
Han in Stormtrooper (Comic pack #4) - passed

worst - Empy

pegger
03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Best - AT-AT Driver. This sculpt was perfect.

Worst - Palps. It sucked the first time.

Darth Jax
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
best - could easily be R5, chirpa, biker scout or AT-AT driver - but i'll go with the podracers Mars & Dud (if chirpa had had even a generic ewok included he'd have won).

worst - lets see there were 3 vaders, bendy battle droids, and another unhappy mace - but demise of grievous was horrible.

Slicker
03-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Best - AT-AT Driver

Worst - Shadow Carptrooper

Tycho
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
For me, the best (from amongst the winners) comes down to the FireSpeeder Pilot and Chief Chirpa.

BEST: Chirpa - he's a great sculpt and has a lot of articulation, plus he gets one more vintage 80's figure remade that needed to be in the modern line - leaving now mostly his other cousins in the tribe for updating. The FireSpeeder pilot would be that much more cooler had he a FireSpeeder craft, etc. But I had only wanted him as an action figure for less than 2 years now. Chirpa I wanted updated for going on nearly 10 years.

WORST: Emperor Palpatine Saga2 - OK, bad multi-pack figures could be avoided as there was no reason to buy sets you didn't want. However, there is a critical figure of Palpatine (from his duel with Yoda in ROTS) that has never been made yet. They actually have the nerve to take up space in the Endor case with this straight repack (because I can't see the difference between this POS and the 2003 Saga 1 POS). It just offends me!

pbarnard
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Best: R5. So good they reused the mold a couple of waves later.

Worst: Emperor Palpy. Ugh.

DarkArtist
03-06-2007, 11:50 AM
best = Airborne Trooper
worst = Emperor Palpatine

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Best - AT-AT Driver (Battle of Hoth) - with the Biker Scout a close, close second
Worst - Emperor Palpatine (Battle of Endor) - shouldn't have been released

Deoxyribonucleic
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Best = VOTC Biker Scout

Worst = Emperor Palpatine

Bosskman
03-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Best - AT-AT driver (with R5-D4 a very close second)
Worst - Lucastrooper - absolutely unacceptable in every way, shape and form.

Rogue II
03-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Best: VOTC Biker Scout

Worst: I'm proud to say that the only figure from the "worst" list I own is R3-T2. Anyway, my vote would have to go to Palpatine for all the same reasons everyone else said.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM
These are my favorite from the best list:

AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - An excellent figure, but the original was pretty good as well, so not as necessary.
Fire Speeder Pilot (Saga 2) - A well sculpted figure with great articulation and some accessories.
Biker Scout (VOTC) - The one that came with the speeder bike looked goofy when not on the bike. The POTJ version had some problems as well, so this was a great improvement over previous versions.
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder) - Other than some recent repacks of VOTC and Evolutions figures, this is probably the best pack-in ever.

My least favorite:

Darth Vader Hoth (Saga 2) - His helmet doesn't stay on.
Demise of General Grievous (Saga 2) - Yet another Grievous that doesn't meet expectations.
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - Retire this sculpt. If you are going to repack the Emperor, use the Evolutions version, or even POTF2 version.

BEST - Tough choice but I'll pick Biker Scout (VOTC) because it was more essential to have a decent version of this figure.

WORST - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2)

tagmac
03-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Best: Zev Senesca - this was one of the best sculpts I've ever seen ,enough to make me spend the $30 for yet another snowspeeder.

Worst: Emperor Palpatine Saga 2 - hideous, ridiculous, and amazing how this one got past quality control.

Jaff
03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
The worst of 2007 is very evident, however the BEST is one close race. I will let the post sit for a day and see if we get any votes to change the results. If we're still at a deadlock we will have a run off for the Best between any figure that has tied.

BEST
Zev Seneska (Snowspeeder) 2
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) 4
Mars Guru & Dud Bolt (Saga 2) 2
Biker Scout (VOTC) 4
Chief Chirpa (Saga 2) 1
R5-D4 (Saga 2) 1
Purple Airborne Trooper (Mace BP) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Mace Attack Battalion BP) 1
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) 9
Battle droid (Sith Lord Attack BP) 1
Demise of General Grievous (Target Saga 2) 1
Shadow Storm Trooper (Starwarsshop) 1
George Lucas Stormtrooper (VOTC) 1

El Chuxter
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Not to worry. I just went in to torture El Chuxter with the knowledge that he's missing the Best/Worst Poll, and he shouted out, "Best: AT-AT Driver! Worst: Palpatine Rehash!"

THIS I COMMAND!!

Jaff
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
El Chuxter has put us over the top, and here they are. The great list of the years, and their opposite counterparts:

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC)
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)
2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga)
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC)
2005 - Holiday Edition Darth Vader (OTC)
2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2)

Jaff
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Wait a minute, there are still some more figures we havenít covered.

I guess that means we have to post about six more groups before we can get to the final vote of this thread. So here is the next one. One of the greatest exclusive figure packs ever made was the Death Star Briefing. This pack finally realized many of our wildest dreams about collecting the council on the death star. I never thought to see these likenesses, and I am still in shock at getting this pack.

1/07
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing)
Grand Moff Tarkin (Death Star Briefing)
Admiral Motti (Death Star Briefing)
General Tagge (Death Star Briefing)
Officer Cass (Death Star Briefing)
Chief Bast (Death Star Briefing)
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing)

Whoís the best, and whoís the worst?

Death Star Briefing pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/tscDSB07.jpg

Sorry for the photo, but Yakface was down, and rebelscum has no photo's of this one! If anyone has a better photo jot it down for us.

Jaff
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing) - There are some minor retools on this Darth, but it was just another Darth to me.
Grand Moff Tarkin (Death Star Briefing) - Itís nice to have another Tarkin, an older representation with a better uniform, but it looks just like the Episode III version, thus it is a rehash for me.
Admiral Motti (Death Star Briefing) - Very small detail changes here, and thatĎs the main problem with this figure.
General Tagge (Death Star Briefing) - The figure looks like Tagge, and is the typical officer in this pack which makes him loose some shine.
Officer Cass (Death Star Briefing) - Cass looks good, but suffers from similarity syndrome with some of the other figs in this pack.
Chief Bast (Death Star Briefing) - Bast is cool. He stand out better for me, I think it's the hair.
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing) - Wulf is clearly the best for me with ease. Iíve wanted this fig for a long time. Heís the only imperial officer weíve seen in white in the films, and that made him sought after for me.

BEST - General Wulf Yalaren

WORST - Admiral Motti, I pick him only because it was very easy to fix his left arm joint by using todayís standards, instead it wasnít even fixed.

Rogue II
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I haven't got my Death Star Briefing set yet, but Motti might be the worst because it looks out of place compared to the other more modern sculpts. Anyway, none of them will change either my best of worst of the modern line votes:

Best: Ephant Mon (FX-7 is still pretty darn cool, too.)

Worst: Holiday Edition Darth Vader

Mad Slanted Powers
03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I found pictures of all the figures on this site: http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/deathstar_briefing/

The excitement over getting this set was tempered slightly by the fact that none of them could sit. All of the new characters ó Bast, Cass, Yularen and Tagge are pretty similar sculpts, so choosing a best comes down to which one I wanted the most. Tagge and Bast were the ones with the speaking parts, but Yularen stood out with his white uniform. I think he looks the best.

Tarkin is a ROTS repaint, so maybe he doesn't quite have the right face for ANH. I'm not sure which Vader this is based on, but we've had so many. Motti is the oldest sculpt here, and thus is lacking articulation in one arm. This leaves it behind all of the others.

BEST - Wulf Yularen
WORST - Admiral Motti

Tycho
03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I didn't order this set. It's one of the few scenes I didn't really want to recreate - and I was kind of turned off by the fact that it probably looks better packaged than it would loose with anything I could do with it.

Furthermore, and I don't know why, nothing was ever really done with Yularen et. all in the EU, but rather characters like Armand Isard (Ysanne's father) and Sate Pestage (Imp. Dignitary) were developed more, so these people don't mean as much to me. Tagge's family's contracting company was known of, but Tagge was never a developed character really, either.

I suppose

BEST: Cass - he's totally new to me and I'd never heard of him before.

WORST: Vader - just because I'm tired of seeing him everywhere.

tagmac
03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I have to admit, this is an awesome set, but I just can't justify spending $45 at Suncoast for three figures I already have, and four new figures that can't even sit as they should for this scene. Maybe if they ever go on sale for 1/2 price I'll grab a set.

Best: General Tagge - I just think this is the best likeness of all the figures, and almost convinced me to buy the set until the price brought me back to reality.

Worst: Darth Vader - while necessary for this diorama, did we really need another Vader?

pegger
03-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Best - Wulf...hands down. I was SOOO excited to get this guy...hell - he's the one I voted for in the toyfair poll.

Worst- Vader.

sebillba
03-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Best - BAST

Worst - MOTTI

Bosskman
03-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Best - Wulf

Worst - Motti

Incidentally, this Vader is EXACTLY the same as the Masters of the Dark Side Vader that came with Maul, except his helmet and boots are more glossy. A good Vader for it's time but a little stiff compared to newer ones.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Best = Tagge

Worst = Darth Vader

Kidhuman
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Best = Tagge

Worst = Darth Vader

Ditto!!!...

DarkArtist
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Best = Wulf
Worst = Vader

General_Grievous
03-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Best - Wulf Yularen

Worst - Vader

Darth Jax
03-09-2007, 05:48 PM
i passed on this set, so i'll pass on voting. what's the point of having a council set if they can't sit at a table (nor have one to sit at)

Jaff
03-10-2007, 12:50 AM
It's too bad this set wasn't sitting, or at least have bendable joints, but the set had some great responses, that is except for Darth and Motti.

Death Star Briefing Multipack
BEST
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing) 6
Officer Cass (Death Star Briefing) 1
General Tagge (Death Star Briefing) 3
Chief Bast (Death Star Briefing) 1

WORST
Admiral Motti (Death Star Briefing) 4
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing) 7

Jaff
03-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Two new battle packs with some new figs, and one with more clone rehashes.

1/07
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack)
R2-D2 (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack)
Snowsuit Padme (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack)
Probe Droid (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack)
Commander Bly (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack)
Evolution Clone repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack)
Clone Trooper ROTS repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack)

Which is your Best and Worst?

Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBPambushonilum.asp
Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBPbetrayalonfelucia.asp

Jaff
03-10-2007, 12:55 AM
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - A nice 3PO, they took the greatest 3PO to repaint, and with that figure you canít go wrong.
R2-D2 (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - R2 is nice, but not necessarily noteworthy.
Snowsuit Padme (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - You can tell some work went into this fig, and that is something to appreciate. I like the fig, it represented the scene in the cartoon well.
Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - Whether you pick the cloning droid, or the transparent effect version these droids looked nice, however Padme eclipsed them. She just looked good, and the droids couldnít compete with her.
Commander Bly (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - Repainted clones I ignored.
Evolution Clone repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - See above.
Clone Trooper ROTS repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - These clones are monotonous.

BEST - Snowsuit Padme

WORST - R2-D2

Mad Slanted Powers
03-10-2007, 01:25 AM
I've not opened the Ilum set yet, and haven't found the other set.

The clones are all solid figures, but just repaints and kit-bashes. The Chameleon droids don't really excite me either. R2-D2 and C-3PO are good sculpts to use. Padmť was the figure I was most interested in, but was a bit disappointed with her due to her fixed pose.

This is a difficult choice. Padmť is the only new, interesting figure here, but the limited pose makes it hard to vote her best. However, none of the others really interest me as best either. I hesitate to vote R2 or a clone as best since they are just repaints. However, I don't think the droids or the clones are that bad that I would vote them worst. So, I'm going to do something a bit unconventional, and might even be against the rules:

BEST - Padmť
WORST - Padmť

sebillba
03-10-2007, 03:13 AM
I've not got these, and don't intend to get them, but I will vote......

Best - Snowbunny Padme... the only one I'm vaguely interested in getting. Not a great likeness, and too pre-posed, but I like the outfit, and the soft goods seem to work well.

Worst - yet another R2

Tycho
03-10-2007, 05:23 AM
I rarely buy Battle Packs, but I purchased both of these.

I wanted to set up both scenes exactly like they are packaged so they suited me perfectly.

C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - Is really the wrong color. He did not have his gold plating yet at this point, and should be the dull AOTC coloring. A good Threepio done in these tones is long overdue and not to hard to create seeing as how you could do it with the parts from the AOTC Deluxe Threepio, or just repaint any ROTS version.

R2-D2 (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - R2 is not remarkable. If they'd used the sensorscope version, he'd be a great swap out for anyone's R2 standing in for a Hoth scene.

Snowsuit Padme (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - Her face is off and almost cruel with her eyebrows. She reminds me of a trailer park girl that shaves her eyebrows off and uses a make up pen to draw new ones on. With her fur from the snowbunny outfit, I half expect to see her surrounded by 101 Dalmations. I wish she was more articulated. Heck, all they had to do was add effects to the Arena Padme to some degree. Anyway, she turned out disappointing.

Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum Battle Pack) - The droids were interesting. It would be cool to set them up fighting Luminara and Bariss actually. I'll probably add them to this scene and "collage it" so all the characters meet in a time speed-up effect.

Commander Bly (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - I bought him for this scene on a single card, but I was glad to get the whole set for Aayla's Order 66 end.

Evolution Clone repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - I never wanted the Evolutions set, so it's nice to have this figure.

Clone Trooper ROTS repaint (Betrayal at Felucia Battle Pack) - Same Clone, different day.

BEST - Chameleon Droid

WORST - Cruella Amidala ;) (that's Padme if you need clarity)

Battle Droid
03-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Best: Chameleon Droid

Worst: Snow Bunny Padme

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
You should have the two Chameleon Droids as separate figures, as they are quite different - one is completely opaque and one has legs that are turning invisible. I have these sets but have yet to open them, but I will still vote . . .

Best - Chameleon Droid (Invisible legs)
Worst - C-3PO - he's not even the right freakin' color!!!

pegger
03-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm (im)patiently waiting for the the Bly set and the Ilum....so I won't vote.

lee gray
03-10-2007, 04:08 PM
as its a poll from 1995-2007 and not just the saga line I think the best sculpt is Ephant mon by far and the the buffed up luke from the 1995 series was a very boring looking figure

I was expecting more for amanaman but the vintage one is a much better sculpt

Deoxyribonucleic
03-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Both of these sets look fantastic!

Best = Aalya

Worst = R2

Darth Jax
03-10-2007, 04:48 PM
best chameleon droid (since along with padme its the only all new fig)
worst 3PO

padme was fairly disappointing, being preposed and not the best likeness. i'm glad they released that sculpt in a battle pack and not on a single card as an exclusive. hopefully she'll get re-sculpted and improved and then be a carded release.

DarkArtist
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Best = Chameleon Droid
Worst = Threepio - since he isn't gold in the cartoon.

sebillba
03-11-2007, 05:12 AM
as its a poll from 1995-2007 and not just the saga line I think the best sculpt is Ephant mon by far and the the buffed up luke from the 1995 series was a very boring looking figure

I was expecting more for amanaman but the vintage one is a much better sculpt

Hey Lee! Nice to see you joining us mate! :D

Tycho
03-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Hey Jaff: Kevin Smith, Harrison Ford and Mark Hammil wanted to vote in your poll.

I didn't have the opportunity to tell them that you were concerned with figures from 95 on, so they voted on the 80's figures - however judging by this video, they may have done so just yesterday!

Harrison Ford and Mark Hammil offer their votes! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aubmx1swrP0&mode=related&search=)

I thought everyone might have fun watching this. It's quick.

Jaff
03-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Well the votes are in, but one wise person said which Chameleon Droid, and we have a three way tie on the worst... so which is your BEST

Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP)
Invisible legs Chameleon Droid (BP)

WORST
R2-D2 (Ambush on Ilum BP) 3
Snowsuit Padme (Ambush on Ilum BP) 3
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum BP) 3
...so which is your BEST

Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP) 4
Invisible legs Chameleon Droid ( BP) 1

and someone break the tie who has not voted yet. I will post in 24 hours on our next group of figures.

That was a cool vid tycho. I wish I could walk around holding a figure and say this is my dad!

Jaff
03-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll vote regular Chameleon Droid for best!

El Chuxter
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm going to go against the grain, for I think that Padme rocks! She's easily the best here, though the Chameleons are close behind.

Worst: C-3PO. They bothered painting snow on him, but cast the figure in the wrong color? WTF?

lee gray
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Lee! Nice to see you joining us mate! :D
Cheers sebillba.. trying to think what forum i recognised your name from then I rememered amhq :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Although I already voted for Chameleon Droid with invisible legs, I would like to cast my vote for him again in this tie-breaker thing.

Darth Jax
03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
my vote was for the regular chameleon droid. i didn't care that much for the "disappearing" one.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 02:24 AM
I'll go for "regular leg" chameleon droid as well.

sebillba
03-12-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm not really bothered about either droid, but if I did get one it would have to be the regular leg version.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 07:08 AM
In Episode Five, Captain Needa said, "They can't have disappeared. No ship that small has a cloaking device."

What I want to know is why droids smaller than the Millenium Falcon have cloaks - and the same for Darth Maul's ship which I guess some say is the size of the Falcon or something?

Meanwhile, there is a 3rd Chamellion Droid that no one's voted for - the one that's completely cloaked. You'll miss it if you don't use your nose to sniff it out because it's completely invisible. So go on, before you throw out the packaging, bring the box up to your face and sniff, sniff...Ah - that's good. Kind of like Mouse Droid, isn't it?

Meanwhile, if Jaff requires a distinct vote from me, I'll vote for the partially cloaked droid. Kind of creative if you ask me.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Meanwhile, there is a 3rd Chamellion Droid that no one's voted for - the one that's completely cloaked. You'll miss it if you don't use your nose to sniff it out because it's completely invisible. So go on, before you throw out the packaging, bring the box up to your face and sniff, sniff...Ah - that's good. Kind of like Mouse Droid, isn't it?Hmm. My set didn't have an invisible one. I should take it back to the store and complain.

tagmac
03-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, I'm really behind on this one. I only got the Felucia set, but I'll throw in my votes here anyway.

Best: Evolution Clone repaint - these guys just look really cool.

Worst: C-3PO - he's the wrong version for the scene.

Jaff
03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
After trying to break the Tie breaker two figs tied anyways, but the WORST is no longer a three way, so lets move on. Snowbunnie Padme and Chameleon Droid will move on to later polls.

BEST
Snowsuit Padme (Ambush on Ilum BP) 4
Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP) 4
Invisible legs Chameleon Droid ( BP) 2
Aalya (Felucia Battle Pack) 1
Evolution Clone repaint (Felucia Battle Pack)1

WORST
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum BP) 5

Jaff
03-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Repaints, repaints, and more repaints. These are forgivable repaints because while they were drumming these figs out without much impressive work into them, Hasbro was busy working on the TAC figs.

1/07
Saga 2 ROTS: 63 - Hologram Obi-Wan Kenobi
Saga 2 EU: 64 - Commander Appo
Saga 2 ROTS: 65 - Kashykk Biker Scout
Saga 2 EU: 66 - R4-K5
Saga 2 AOTC: 67 - Padme
Saga 2 EU: 68 - Clone Trooper Engineer
Saga 2 TPM: 69 - Yarael Poof

Saga 2 ROTS: 63 - Hologram Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC063holoobiwan.asp
Saga 2 EU: 64 - Commander Appo
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC064appo.asp
Saga 2 ROTS: 65 - Kashykk Biker Scout
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC065elite.asp
Saga 2 EU: 66 - R4-K5
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC066r4k5.asp
Saga 2 AOTC: 67 - Padme
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC067padme.asp
Saga 2 EU: 68 - Clone Trooper Engineer
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC068engineer.asp
Saga 2 TPM: 69 - Yarael Poof
http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC069yaraelpoof.asp

Jaff
03-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Saga 2 ROTS: 63 - Hologram Obi-Wan Kenobi - I got the darker version of the hologram and I really didnít like it because of that reason. Had I got he lighter one I would have appreciated it more. The fig was more EU than film appropriate, and since he canĎt sit, he is not a good fig to me.
Saga 2 EU: 64 - Commander Appo - A nice repaint, of a historically cool figure.
Saga 2 ROTS: 65 - Kashykk Biker Scout - I have three of these dudes, but I still feel that he doesnít look quite right. I always thought the Kashykk Scoutís helmets were bigger than those in ROTJ. I could be wrong, but thatís my gist. And why on earth did he come with the wrong gun!
Saga 2 EU: 66 - R4-K5 - This is an unnecessary droid that gets no interest from me.
Saga 2 AOTC: 67 - Padme - Well, she has a more usable pose than the 2003 version, and her mouth is not locked into a jaw defying pose. I even like the scratches on her back, and I have to admit that I think this fig works, and is one of the more welcome repaints.
Saga 2 EU: 68 - Clone Trooper Engineer - I wasnít really impressed with this clone.
Saga 2 TPM: 69 - Yarael Poof - This fig is only in this for itís lightsaber and a few color changes, but I donít consider this fig a worthy fig to be considered at all.

BEST - The Padme will win for me, but I would have voted for the Biker Scout had he come with the right weapon. This Scout is the first figure on this poll that I seriously considered for both BEST and WORST.

WORST - Iím tempted to say the Biker Scout because of his missing rifle, however Iíll go with the Clone Trooper Combat Engineer because the fig is useless, and a rehash of a insuperior clone figure.

El Chuxter
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Best: R4-K5. Nice sculpt, gorgeous (albeit simple) paint scheme.

Worst: Holo Obi-Wan. I am so sick of clear blue figures.

You said the Combat Engineer is an insuperior sculpt, but he's the Evolutions sculpt, which is one of the best (if not the best) Clonetrooper figure.

pegger
03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
If I can break it...I would vote Chamelion droid as best.

pegger
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
For this round - R4. This is a great repaint.

Worst - Padme. She still doesn't look quite right. It bugs me.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Saga 2 ROTS: 63 - Hologram Obi-Wan Kenobi - Wasn't necessary. If they even wanted to do this figure, they should have made it an AOTC Obi-Wan anyway. I didn't buy him.

Saga 2 EU: 64 - Commander Appo - I've passed on him. I hope I don't regret it. He's really EU - which I don't mind, but he's sort of incidental. The best diorama you could really make is Bail Organa and Captain Antilles being challenged by Vader and Oppo on Alderaan. 4 figures - and ones I'm mostly sick of? I'll pass. Oppo was killed by the Jedi Roan Shryne who they also don't make a figure of in James Luceno's novel "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" which takes place only a month after ROTS. Great book. Shryne and Padawan Starstone are the best new characters, but the book doesn't really merit figures unless a few of the Jedi are made so they can fight Darth Vader on Kashyyyk. I took it that those were all human or Twi'lek Jedi, so it won't be terribly exciting either.

Saga 2 ROTS: 65 - Kashykk Biker Scout - I bought maybe 7 or 9 of these - I have to count them. This was the only figure of this wave I did purchase. 2 might be extras that I've tentatively offered to someone on the boards here. I told him I hadn't decided what I needed yet. Jaff is correct to be disappointed that he didn't come with the long rifle. I think it was Slicker that showed us proof these guys also carried the blasters they came packed with - still I know they used the rifles and I would have preferred getting more of them. The Fallucia BattlePack includes rifles, and those troops used balsters :rolleyes: - but it makes the switch possible to a limited capacity. Still, the figure might not be totally accurate, but I don't want to wait for a resculpt (nor would I buy one now) and so I purchased what I needed of this figure for my Kashyyyk scenes.

Saga 2 EU: 66 - R4-K5 - "This is an unnecessary droid that gets no interest from me." - ditto that.

Saga 2 AOTC: 67 - Padme - Uh, Padme's shirt should be ripped if she has the scratches on her back. Oh well. Yes, it's a better headsculpt than the '03 Droid Factory figure. It obviously came from the '02 Action Feature figure. Now it is sort of redone right, but obviously not perfect. I believe this is an intentional part of the conspiracy at Hasbro to get us to keep buying a character instead of just releasing an ultimate edition. They've said as much in Q&A before anyway.

Saga 2 EU: 68 - Clone Trooper Engineer - He's cool. I didn't need him nor buy him. I really have a ton of Clones.

Saga 2 TPM: 69 - Yarael Poof - This fig is boring to me now.

BEST - The Kashyyyk Clone Trooper

WORST - Yarael Poof sort of bores me. There's nothing wrong with the figure. Holo Obi-Wan tempted me because he's so useless, but he is based off that Pilot sculpt I like so much.

Slicker
03-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Just so ya know, Tycho. On the back of the Appo figure it says that he was wounded by Jett Zukassa (or whatever his name is) so he's on the platform when Bail tries to leave. So the name is EU but the character itself isn't.

Tycho
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Just so ya know, Tycho. On the back of the Appo figure it says that he was wounded by Jett Zukassa (or whatever his name is) so he's on the platform when Bail tries to leave. So the name is EU but the character itself isn't.

Thanks Slicker. Still, there was no guy in the movie who I noticed wearing the shoulder pauldron and other Commander gear.

Also, who is Commander Bow of the 501st and when did he fight / serve?

Slicker
03-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Also, who is Commander Bow of the 501st and when did he fight / serve?Just lookin' on Wookieepedia, Bow took over after Appo was killed on Kashyyyk.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
best = hologram obi-wan...can't take my eyes off that color of bluuuueeeee!

worst = kaashyyk biker scout...to much going on with the paint job there

sebillba
03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Best - Green Biker Scout. Must be a really weak wave for me to vote a clone as best.

Worst - Purple Holo Obi.

Kidhuman
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
If I found this wave I would vote.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Best - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Report from Coruscant)
Worst - Yarael Poof (Jedi High Council)

Did I miss the Wave 8 poll, or did you forget to do it?

tagmac
03-12-2007, 08:32 PM
I was initially only gonna buy the Kashyyk Clone, but when I saw these in person, I couldn't help buying a few others. This was one of the better sets of repaints to come along.

Saga 2 ROTS: 63 - Hologram Obi-Wan Kenobi - No thanks! Not movie accurate, and frankly I'm sick of holograms.

Saga 2 EU: 64 - Commander Appo - I wasn't gonna get this guy, but when I saw it in person, I changed my mind because it just looked cool. Blue is my favorite color, and even though I've been using the single-carded version of the 501st Clone as Appo, this guy would look good posed with the other Clone Commanders.

Saga 2 ROTS: 65 - Kashykk Biker Scout - A great repaint, and completely blows the old BARC Trooper out of the water! The lack of the correct gun costs this figure some points, but it deifnitely ranks up there.

Saga 2 EU: 66 - R4-K5 - I actually didn't hate this figure. While yet another repaint, I like the concept of Vader having a black R2 unit. This would look good in a before/after posed set, with Anakin/R2-D2 posed next to Vader and R4-K5.

Saga 2 AOTC: 67 - Padme - I had initially wanted this one, until I saw that it wasn't movie accurate, and really wasn't any better than the last version of Padme we'd gotten with the cloak. I ended up returning this one.

Saga 2 EU: 68 - Clone Trooper Engineer - A dumb, non-movie accurate clone that wasted a spot that could have gone to a more deserving figure

Saga 2 TPM: 69 - Yarael Poof - Another one I had planned to get, and even bought, until I looked again andrealized it was no different from the Jedi Council version I already had, aside from the lightsaber. This one went back to the store as well.

Best: A tough call between Appo and the Kashyyk Clone, but I have to go with Commander Appo here because of the incorrect gun on the Kashyyk Clone, as well as the awesome detail and paint job on Appo.

Worst: Holo Obi-Wan - again, the most unneccessary figure of this wave.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-12-2007, 09:43 PM
The clones are good, though the Combat Engineer is kind of askew, leaning to one side.

I like the look of Vader's droid.

Padmé still seems to have the same legs as the factory chase one which seem designed to pose her running.

Actually, it appears that Obi-Wan can sit if you take off the robe, since it is the ROTS pilot mold. Whether the odd blue color is accurate or not, it still looks kind of cool and different. Still, not really a big fan of most holo figures.

Nice to get a carded version of Yarael Poof. I only got him though because I got the wave 9 case.

Hard to make a choice here.

Best - Appo, most recognizable from the movie of those contending for best.

Worst - Padmé, since she is apparently not movie accurate and the leg design.

Jaff
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
If I can break it...I would vote Chamelion droid as best.

Your vote has been tallied, Chameleon beats out Padme.

Darth Jax
03-13-2007, 01:07 AM
best - padme
worst - holo obi

DarkArtist
03-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Best = Elite Corps Clone Trooper
Worst = Yareal Poof

Jaff
03-14-2007, 06:41 PM
I think this was the closest voting session we have had on this thread.

BEST
Padme Amidala (Saga 2) 2
R4-K5 (Saga 2) 2
Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (Saga 2) 3
Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2) 2
Commander Appo (Saga 2) 2

WORST
Combat Engineer Clone Trooper (Saga 2) 1
Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2) 4
Padme Amidala (Saga 2) 2
Yarael Poof (Saga 2) 3
Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Our last group of battle packs for this poll is a mass of repaints. Some of the figs were great additions to the collection, and some were not. Which were good additions for you, and which were not. Vote for items listed unless you can verify if it is not a straight repack by a picture link please.

2/07
Super Battle Droid (Battle of Geonisis Battle Pack)
Obi-Wan (Battle of Geonisis Battle Pack)
Jango Fett (Battle of Geonisis Battle Pack)
Count Dooku (Battle of Geonisis Battle Pack)

Yoda (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack)
R2-D2 (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack)
Spirit of Ben Kenobi (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack)
Luke Skywalker (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack)
Darth Vader (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack)

Stormtroopers (Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack)
Rebel Fleet Troopers - pick your hair color - (Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack)
Darth Vader (Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack)

Battle of Geonisis Battle Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBPbattleofgeonosis.asp
Training on Dagobah Battle Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBPjeditraining.asp
Capture of Tantive IV Battle Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/tacBPtantiveIV.asp

Jaff
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
You know this is one list I donít want to overview, because I have already analyzed these figures in previous polls. All there is to notice about these figs is that they are repaints or retools, what more is there to say...

BEST - Brown haired Rebel Fleet Trooper, Iím a sucker for army building figures that look different from others, even if itís just a face change. I love the removable helmets too.

WORST - R2-D2 (Training on Dagobah Battle Pack). This figure in no way improves upon the previous OTC version. Therefore it is a lesser figure, and a dud.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I passed on the first two sets, and I haven't seen the Tantive IV set yet.

BEST - Black Haired Rebel Trooper since I think most of the ones I already have are red/brown hair.

WORST - Jango and his great ball o' fire.

Kidhuman
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I passed on both these sets.

tagmac
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Same here. I'm gonna sit this one out.

Darth Jax
03-14-2007, 10:38 PM
best - stormie.
worst - SBD

Deoxyribonucleic
03-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Best = Stormtrooper

sebillba
03-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I passed on both these sets.

Same for me, will pass on voting.

DarkArtist
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
passed on all of them so I'll pass.

Tycho
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I didn't buy any of these, but I'll vote so we can keep the show on the road.

Geonosis made the biggest Best / Worst Impression on me:

Best: Jango Fett

Worst: Obi-Wan

The other packs were far better balanced and superior in their offerings, just nothing to pick the worst from, and nothing I terribly needed for my dioramas either.

Though that Rebelscum picture points out my folly in using the '97 Fleet Trooper in my scenes. Gosh he looks bad next to the later versions. But I had to buy 12 or more of that '97 figure because I was so excited that they finally made him :rolleyes:

Still, they should do "the old guy" fleet trooper. He'd be unique and different. That'd be cool.

Jaff
03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Bad figures = Bad turnout. This is one of those polls that make you dread posting.

BEST
Brown Haired Rebel Trooper (Tantive BP) 1
Black Haired Rebel Trooper (Tantive BP) 1
Stormtrooper (Tantive BP) 2
Jango Fett (Arena BP) 1

WORST
R2-D2 Dagobah (Dagobah BP) 1
Jango Fett (Arena BP) 1
Super Battle Droid (Arena BP) 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Arena BP) 1

Jaff
03-17-2007, 07:40 AM
The Wal-Mart exclusive wave is actually a common sight now. It was another mass of repaints, and as a result it is a lackluster wave, but one or two figs were welcome.

2/07
Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Ktik Ktak (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nubrun Lieds, and Kabe (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Which is your BEST and WORST?

Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Ktik Ktak (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc071kitik.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nubrun Lieds, and Kabe (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc072nabrun-kabe.asp
Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc073labria.asp
Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc070aurrasing.asp
Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/tsc074R4M6.asp

Jaff
03-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Ktik Ktak (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - So thereís a slight, VERY slight paint difference, who cares?
Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nubrun Lieds, and Kabe (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - The new Nubrun paint detail is awesome. It really makes this fig stand out, and he looks perfect now. Awesome.
Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - I wished for a resculpt, but the repaint does improve the figure somewhat. I donít dislike the figure, and it will do for an updated Labria.
Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Well, she has more detail, and looks good. The retooling works, but I didnít want her.
Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - A purple astro....cute.

BEST - Easy choice, Nubrun and Kabe

WORST - I donít do cute...R4-M6, and Iím not a fan of Aurra either.

Tycho
03-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Ktik Ktak (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Didn't need. I got her before probably anyone else did through Mike Sullenger from Galactic Hunter because he wanted to photograph her so he paid a premium to get her original deluxe release from the Orient. Then everyone else had to get her in a 3-pack for a while when she finally came out in the US. It's nice having the original version.

Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nubrun Lieds, and Kabe (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Ther repaints look really nice, but I didn't need them.

Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - I bought Labria because I always wanted to add at least one more Devaronian to one more scene (Coruscant) and didn't need the entire 3-pack again with the Snivvian. It was not an impulse buy actually. And I like the repaint.

Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - I didn't really want her in this outfit either. Since they're making The Dark Woman (her former Jedi Master), I'd actually love a Jedi-robed Aurra as a young Padawan - though that's obviously a shorter height for her in her youth and thus a complete new sculpt - which we likely will never see (not that I'm going to cry about that)

Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Mace and the purple thing has got to stop. Couldn't they have done an Astromech with an Afro instead?

BEST - Easy choice, Labria I always want to write his name "Labrina" closer to Labrynth (of Evil) and not as close to an anatomical name for a woman's bodypart.

WORST - R4-M6

Mad Slanted Powers
03-17-2007, 01:56 PM
These figures haven't been too plentiful around here. I haven't found Aurra Sing yet, and haven't seen any from this wave for a few weeks.

Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Kitik Keed'kak - Don't really care for this figure much.

Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nabrun Leids and Kabe - Nabrun is probably the best repaint of the bunch. The original was just kind of a plain off white color. This silver looks nice. Kabe isn't too different.

Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria - I like the look of this better than the original I think.

Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing - I like the character and I like this outfit, but I don't like the fixed pose of the legs.

Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 - I like purple and I like this astro droid mold, so this is a good figure

BEST - Nabrun Leids

WORST - Kitik Keed'kak

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Best - R4-M6 (Mace Windu's Astromech Droid - Starfighter Support)
Worst - Kitik Keed'kak (Looking For A Meal) - wait, is that seriously the name on the back?!?

pegger
03-17-2007, 02:51 PM
R4 is alright - certainly not the worst of the bunch....

Best -Labria. The repaint is amazing.

Worst - Kitik - it's just not different enough from the others.

DarkArtist
03-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Again another one I'll have to pass on since I have yet to see this wave at retail.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Best = Nabrun Leids

Worst = Aurra Sing

General_Grievous
03-17-2007, 03:32 PM
I only got Kitik, but I'll still vote based on appearance.

Best - Labria. Very nice repaint.

Worst - Aurra Sing

Kidhuman
03-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Best - Labria

Worst - Aura sing

sebillba
03-18-2007, 03:00 AM
So far I only have Labria and Nabrun/Kabe - I'm not really interested in the others, but I might get the droid if I find it cheap.

Best - although Nabrun looks so much better now in the silver, I have to choose LABRIA... a very nice repaint, his face in particular looks awesome.

Worst - KITIK... not different enough.

Bosskman
03-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Best - Labria
Worst - Aurra Stink

pbarnard
03-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Best-- Labia, I mean, Labria.

Worst--Nabrun. Looks like he stole Cobra De Arco (Brazilian GI Joe version of Snake Eyes redone as an assasin). The silver pants didn't work for him either.

tagmac
03-18-2007, 11:40 PM
The only time I ever found a Wal-Mart exclusive at retail (still disappointed about not finding the Separation of the Twins), and a bonus find when I was really looking just for wave 9 last month.

Saga 2 ANH: 70 - Ktik Ktak (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Never got the version in the K-mart 3-packs, so I bought this one. Not the greatest sculpt, but it works for what it's supposed to be.

Saga 2 ANH: 71 - Nabrun Lieds, and Kabe (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Already had the previous versions, so I didn't need this one. I agree the silver looks nice on Lieds, but it wasn't enough to get me to spend the money.

Saga 2 ANH: 72 - Labria (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - Didn't look all that different from the cinema scene version I already had, so I left this one, too. Not a bad figure, though.

Saga 2 EU: 73 - Aurra Sing (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - I wasn't gonna get this one, and if I had never found it, I wouldn't have cared, but seeing it in person, I thought it wasn't that bad, so I bought it.

Saga 2 EU: 74 - R4-M6 (Wal-Mart Exclusive) - I have to agree - enough of the purple theme for everything associated with Mace Windu! The black R2 unit for Vader worked and loos cool - this one was ridiculous, and very easy to leave on the pegs.

Best: Nabrun Lieds, because it really does look great, although I put Aurra Sing up there in second place since I actually bought that one.

Worst: without a doubt, R4-M6!

Jaff
03-19-2007, 05:44 AM
The final saga wave had some competition in votes, but Labria held the prize, and Kitik managed to beat out Bespin Aurra.

BEST
Nabrun Lieds and Kabe (Saga 2) 5
Labria (Saga 2) 7
R4-M6 (Saga 2) 1

WORST
R4-M6 (Saga 2) 3
Kitik Keedíkak (Saga 2) 5
Aurra Sing (Saga 2) 4
Nabrun Lieds and Kabe (Saga 2) 1

Jaff
03-19-2007, 05:50 AM
The TAC figures, what a glorious sight they were, and what glorious figures they were. Drool if you donít have them, drool if you do have them. Itís just a preview of whatís to come.

3/07
TAC #2/07 Galactic Marine Trooper
TAC #3/07 Mustafarian Lava Miner
TAC #4/07 R2-D2
TAC #5/07 Obi-Wan Kenobi
TAC #6/07 Mace Windu
TAC #7/07 Utapau Airborne Trooper
TAC # 8/07 Super Battle Droid
TAC # 9/07 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper

Which is your BEST and WORST?

TAC #2/07 Galactic Marine Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC02marine.asp
TAC #3/07 Mustafarian Lava Miner
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC03lavaminer.asp
TAC #4/07 R2-D2
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC04r2d2.asp
TAC #5/07 Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC05obiwan.asp
TAC #6/07 Mace Windu
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC06mace.asp
TAC #7/07 Utapau Airborne Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC07airborne.asp
TAC # 8/07 Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC08SBD.asp
TAC # 9/07 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC09McStorm.asp

Jaff
03-19-2007, 05:55 AM
TAC #2/07 Galactic Marine Trooper - The detail and paint ap of this figure is astounding. I bought two of these dudes, and I still feel like I didnít get enough of them.
TAC #3/07 Mustafarian Lava Miner - I like this fig, but Iím not quite sure why heís legs are so spread apart in some action pose. The fig works though, and I have no complaints.
TAC #4/07 R2-D2 - What a nice R2. The fire really looks cool, and the paint aplication accents the fire well. This is one of my favorite figs out of this wave.
TAC #5/07 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Obi is really nothing to write home about. I like that we have an Obi with a breathing accessory, and that was really the only reason I bought it. I don't like the fact that the lightning effect is permanently attatched to his staff.
TAC #6/07 Mace Windu - This Mace is tons better than the Saga and Episode III version, but thatís an easy feat to accomplish. The face looks better, and the body is well articulated. The cloak, like all softgoods doesnít work great, but this Mace is still a step in the right direction. Still, Hasbro needs to put more effort in a fig so we can get an ultimate Mace.
TAC #7/07 Utapau Airborne Trooper - Very nice, very nice. Another astoundingly detailed figure. I like the fact that the helmet is removable, but the figure was great without this feature.
TAC # 8/07 Super Battle Droid - I donít care if this fig has super weak plastic and canít stand without a stand, not to mention that the fire canít seem to stay on his leg. I bought this figure to accent the wonderful R2. One is to stand on fire, the other is laying beneath R2. That makes the figure a winner for me.
TAC # 9/07 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - At first I didnít want to buy this figure. I donít like EU, plain and simple, and I donít like non movie figures, but then I bought it and now I want more. Itís a nice fig.

BEST - Galactic Marine Trooper

WORST - Itís either Mace or Obi, both have their drawbacks, but Iíll pick Mace because he is less useful than Obi.

Tycho
03-19-2007, 05:57 AM
GALACTIC MARINE - probably the best of the bunch. Looks to be really articulate - and all-new figure puts him one-up on R2D2. And he's capable of using all that he comes with (backpack and Blaster Rifle) so he's over the Airborne Trooper in my book.

LAVA MINER - Great sculpt, though looks sort of pre-posed (not that many of us are going to do much with this figure other than set him in on Mustafar). - Come to think of it though, he'd be good to add a "fondue element" to an Ewok BBQ though.

R2D2 - very cool. It's about time we got a "flying" R2D2 with this much accuracy!

OBI-WAN - Eh. His mouth fits the breather, so as it stands he's too reminiscient of Elton John for my tastes (and it's a rectangular "pucker"). It also rekindles memories of Podracer Announcer Jabba's beast pack. Obi-Wan's also quite skinny.

MACE - I'm not keeping him, but I'm not impressed with the face sculpt (again). It's another case of the 1998 Sneak Preview and 1999 TPM figures still being the best Maces

AIRBORNE TROOPER - cool figure but he doesn't seem to have a holster for his little blaster. The rest of the detail is really good though.

SUPER BATTLE DROID - nice job on the articulation (it appears seeing him carded) but I wonder if he'll be flimsy as many of the droids have started to become.

MCQUARRIE TROOPER - I was never a fan of this figure being made (in fact except for Fett when that's released, I don't plan on keeping the concept figures). This version might have a battle-damaged shield that the previous release did not have. That's sort of cool.

BEST: Galactic Marine

WORST:Obi-Wan

Darth Jax
03-19-2007, 08:34 AM
best - galactic marine
worst - obi

DarkArtist
03-19-2007, 08:37 AM
well as I only have the Obi Wan and R2 I will have to go by these figures as well as other reviews and pics from online sources:

Galactic Marine - awesome figure- been wanting one since I saw the Order 66 scene

Obi Wan - (one of the figures I found) - not a bad figure but would rather have seen something different

R2-D2 - decent figure liked the flames one this one

Super Battle Droid - looking forward to posing these guys like in ROTS and AOTC. the swivel wrists are a major improvement

Concept Stormtrooper - have the original release and looking forward to getting two more of these guys

Mace Windu - have high hopes for this to be the SA Mace I've been looking for

Airborne Trooper - loved the one that came with the battlepack and since it's the same just a new color scheme this could be the first repaint of the TAC. still it's a clone so it's a winner

Lava Miner - have mixed reviews of this guy so for now I will have to wait to see it before I give a final opinion

so for the best = Galactic Marine
worst = Obi Wan

General_Grievous
03-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't have these yet, but judging from pictures and other reviews...

Best - Galactic Marine wins by a hair over the Airborne Trooper

Worst - Obi-Wan, the only TAC figure that I've decided to skip out on besides the McQuarrie figures.

sebillba
03-19-2007, 06:04 PM
GALACTIC MARINE - I'm not really a clone fan, but this one looks awesome - I can't fault it.

LAVA MINER - This is the one I was most looking forward to from this wave, but his legs are too pre-posed, and it's not easy to get him to hold his accessory - and the best position I could get it in is already causing it to droop.

R2D2 - Quite nice for an R2, it's the most different one we've seen for ages. But I couldn't get it to sit right on top of the battle droid.

OBI-WAN - The left hand can't hold his blaster and is therefore completely useless. I got my set some time ago from R2DToys, and have only seen a couple at retail since - but loads of this one.

MACE - By far the best Mace so far, but the knee artic looks kind of weird to me, and the ball neck really doesn't work - it looks terrible at the back.

AIRBORNE TROOPER - This one's ok, I never got the Mace bp, so was pleased to finally get this sculpt, but mine has a very loose right wrist, so can't pose with his rifle.

SUPER BATTLE DROID - Best SBD so far, great artic, and the fire effects are cool.... but again I couldn't get it to combine very well with R2.

MCQUARRIE TROOPER - Nice repaint, but nothing too exciting.

Best - GALACTIC MARINE.... the only one that didn't hold any disappointments for me.

Worst - OBI-WAN..... I'm already sick of seeing this one on the pegs.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-19-2007, 07:04 PM
TAC #2/07 Galactic Marine Trooper [/B]- Nice articulation and a movie clone that we probably should have had before all the other non-movie ones.

TAC #3/07 Mustafarian Lava Miner - Looks to have good articulation as well, but not a figure that excites me much.

TAC #4/07 R2-D2 - I like how it can be put together with the Super Battle Droid. That's the only reason I will be getting this one.

TAC #5/07 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Nothing much new here. Probably one I could skip, but I'll probably get it.

TAC #6/07 Mace Windu - This Mace looks to be an improvement. A well articulated Mace with no action feature.

TAC #7/07 Utapau Airborne Trooper - Another nice looking clone that was in the movie.

TAC # 8/07 Super Battle Droid - Looks to be the best SBD sculpt so far, but I'm guessing it will have some of the same flaws as the others. The interaction with R2 helps this figure as well.

TAC # 9/07 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - I've wanted to have another one of these. I never saw them in the store the first time and got one from Kebco. Lack of knee articulation sets it back a bit, but still a nice figure.

BEST - Galactic Marine Trooper, but I could easily have picked the Airborne Trooper

WORST - Obi-Wan because there isn't as much new about it than the others, except for the concept Stormtrooper, but I needed that one more.

tagmac
03-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Jaff, how long are you planning on letting this one go before tallying up the votes? Like others I'm sure, I have a case of these on the way any day now, and would like to wait until tomorrow to cast my votes after (hopefully) seeing these in person.

Tycho
03-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Looks like 7 people have voted. Jaff has gotten twice that amount before he calls a poll however. But soon I feel the Galactic Marine and Obi-Wan will stand unchallenged due to the expected numbers.

What's really the question, is whether this thread will be put on hold for a month or more until TAC Wave 2 hits? We're running out of options to vote on, and I dislike the Battle Pack polls, pack-ins, crazy exclusives, etc. as much as the next guy.

The other thing is, did Jaff post the 2006 ultimate winner and loser and list them with the other past years' award recipients in those categories?

I missed that somehow. I'll scan this thread for it.

[EDIT - nevermind, I found it. Jaff posted 2007 instead of 2006]:

Tycho added " *'s " next to figures he thought could deserve their honors.

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member* (but Slave Leia should have won)
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) (Darth Removeable Helmet should have won)
2000 - Han Solo “Bespin Capture” (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)* (Tessek could have won)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)*********************! (my intention is evident!)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)*
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC)*
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) ***!
2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)*

WORST
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)*
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)*
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC)
2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2)**********!

Mad Slanted Powers
03-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I think we're about caught up on everything that's been released. The wave we're voting on now hasn't even reached everywhere yet.

bigbarada
03-20-2007, 01:16 AM
I haven't seen a single figure from the last three polls on shelves yet. We JUST started getting the Endor Luke and Rebel Troopers wave on the shelves. I picked up my very first Dud Bolt last week (I definitely have no regrets picking him as best).

Tycho
03-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I'm glad they made Dud Bolt. That was a nice 2-pack and my favorite character in the podrace beyond the main cast.

Battle Droid
03-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Best: Mustafar Lava Miner

Worst: Obi-Wan

tagmac
03-20-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, I haven't gotten mine in yet, but I do want to vote before the tallys are done, so i'll base this on the pictures.

TAC #2/07 Galactic Marine Trooper - I like the look of the figure (always did like the Snowtroopers), but as good as it is, it just seems too brightly colored, which knocks off a couple points.

TAC #3/07 Mustafarian Lava Miner - A great-looking figure, and excellent for what it's supposed to be.

TAC #4/07 R2-D2 - Finally an R2 worth getting. Not nearly the best, but the movie accurate, and perfect for diorama-making with the SBD's.

TAC #5/07 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Looks like a pretty decent Obi-Wan, not as good as the pilot version, but better than the other Ep. III ones. Certainly not the worst here.

TAC #6/07 Mace Windu - A decent-looking Mace, but then I never had a problem with most of the earlier versions either. Just average in this group.

TAC #7/07 Utapau Airborne Trooper - This is one sweet figure! The look is cool, the sculpt is excellent, and it completes the Utapau Clone group nicely. A tough one to beat!

TAC # 8/07 Super Battle Droid - Normally I'd be ignoring these guys like the plague, but the fire accessory makes for a good diorama with R2. Otherwise, this fig would be worthless.

TAC # 9/07 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - Didn't like it the first time, like it even less this time. To me, it just looks ridiculous. like with the previous one, the only reason I'm getting it is because I had to with the set.

Best: Utapau Airborne Trooper - I've been waiting for this one, and can't wait to finally see it in person.

Worst: McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - seriously, one of these guys was bad enough, but two??!!

Jaff
03-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Here is the final results of the 2007 wave 1 TAC figures. I know many of you have not yet found these and thus the end of the thread is at hand...

BEST
Galactic Marine Trooper (TAC) 7
Mustafar Lava Miner (TAC) 1
Utapau Airborne Trooper (TAC) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (TAC) 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TAC) 7
Mcquarrie Concept Trooper (TAC) 1

Jaff
03-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't be sad, but the time has come to wrap the thread up. The truth is, technically the Order 66 packs are out, but they have only been out for 3 or 4 days in only some parts of the country. As a result there really is no reason to post a poll on these non-existant figures. TAC is out there, and the rest has been out for about a month, thus if you haven't found them already they are right around the corner. So it comes to the final roundup of the figures of 2007. Two days from now I will post the voting process for the final figure of all time, and we are going to do it in a unique fashion. So stay tuned, and lets vote on the best and worst figure of 2007 to date.

BEST
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing)
Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP)
Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (Saga 2)
Stormtrooper (Tantive BP)
Labria (Saga 2)
Galactic Airborne Trooper (TAC)

WORST
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing)
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum BP)
Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2)
Super Battle Droid (Arena BP)
Kitik Keedíkak (Saga 2)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TAC)

Which is the best and worst?

Jaff
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
BEST
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing) - I wanted this fig forever, and although some might consider him no big deal he is a worthy runner for best.
Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP) - The droid looks O.K.
Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (Saga 2) - Repaint, not a consideration.
Stormtrooper (Tantive BP) - Retool, no big deal.
Labria (Saga 2) - Repaint, not worthy of Best.
Galactic Airborne Trooper (TAC) - A very nice, detailed figure. It's unique, it's effective, and it's articulated.

BEST - Wulf or Airborne. Nostalgia will win on this one, I vote for the underdog, General Wulf Yalaren.

WORST
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing) - He's not the worst Darth made.
C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum BP) - He's painted all wrong, but he is a cartoon version figure.
Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2) - This fig is just boring, he's not terrible.
Super Battle Droid (Arena BP) - Bad limbs equals bad figure, however he is fine for a dead droid in a dio.
Kitik Keedíkak (Saga 2) - If he was the older version (which he technically is) he would never have been in the worst listing.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (TAC) - This is a nice figure, I would expect him as one of the best if he was made 4 or 5 years ago.

3PO or Darth for WORST: I guess C-3PO because Darth doesn't stink.

Tycho
03-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Jaff: you combined the Galactic Marine (who won) with the Utopau Airborne Trooper.

BEST: Galactic Marine

WORST: Super Battle Droid - if using this figure as a dead droid body is its best use - that's pretty pathetic.

El Chuxter
03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
I've skipped a few rounds due to my either not finding things, or not caring about a lot of figures.

For best, I'll go with the Chameleon Droid, which I think rocks. (I've not found the Marine yet, so that could change my vote.)

Worst: C-3PO. It's unforgiveable that they bothered to do the snow detailing, but couldn't be troubled with making the figure itself an accurate color (or even close to it).

Mad Slanted Powers
03-21-2007, 01:47 PM
BEST - Galactic Marine
WORST - Super Battle Droid

sebillba
03-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Best - GALACTIC MARINE

Worst - HOLO OBI-WAN (SBD is probably a worse figure, but I don't have that particular one to comment on)

tagmac
03-21-2007, 08:39 PM
BEST
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing) - A good-looking figure no doubt, but nothing really special, and not worth plunking down $40 for the set.

Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP) - I really don't consider this to be a figure, so it's out of the running.

Kashyyyk Clone Trooper (Saga 2) - A really great figure, but the incorrect gun knocks it down a point.

Stormtrooper (Tantive BP) - I didn't get this one, so I can't vote on it.

Labria (Saga 2) - I really didn't think it was all that different from the previous version, nad thus didn't get it. Can't rank it here, either.

Galactic Airborne Trooper (TAC) - An awesome figure, although not perfect. I didn't vote for this one in the TAC poll, but it clearly stands out here.

WORST
Darth Vader (Death Star Briefing) - Nothing special about yet another Vader.

C-3PO (Ambush on Ilum BP) - I bought this set, but i'm considering returning it. I still don't like that 3-PO is not accurate to the cartoon here.

Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga 2) - Yet another boring hologram.

Super Battle Droid (Arena BP) - Another re-pack of an overdone figure.

Kitik Keed’kak (Saga 2) - A boring figure, but doesn't look too bad, and was worth getting to add to the Cantina aliens.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (TAC) - Hard to see this one ranked as a "worst," as I have to agree that this is actually one of the better Obi-Wan's out there.

Best: Galactic Airborne Trooper (TAC) - only the Kashyyk Clone comes close in this group.

Worst: Tough call here, as most of them stink, but I'm gonna have to go with Super Battle Droid (Arena BP) because I'm really sick of seeing these guys.

Darth Jax
03-21-2007, 10:10 PM
best - marine
worst - holo obi

Deoxyribonucleic
03-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Best = Stormtrooper

WOW, I can't believe this thread is over. It seemed like one of those threads, like LA Area just found news, that would just always be around :(

Tycho
03-22-2007, 04:34 AM
Jaff could keep it alive but only have us vote like once a month as 2007 TAC waves get released - his choice.

The thread title says 2007 though - so I don't think it can go on past Dec. 31st!

Kidhuman
03-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Wulf best

3po worst

HAvent found wave 1 yet

bigbarada
03-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Well, TAC wave 1 just showed up at our Wal-Mart last night so I can vote on those:

Galactic Marine - I like the character's design even though he's essentially just a low-res CG model of a Snowtrooper (similar to the Kashyyk Biker Scout). Of the ones that I picked up though, he's probably the most disappointing. The plastic skirt is a great argument for soft-goods. It almost completely encloses his legs, rendering all of that articulation pretty much useless.

Airborne Trooper - Great figure and one of my favorite prequel armor designs (and the only one that doesn't look like a half-hearted knock-off of an OT trooper). The plastic skirt causes some problems, like with the Galactic Marine, but it's more open in the front so it's not as much of an obstruction.

Lava Miner - Another great figure. I can't find a single flaw. He's just not as exciting of a character as a Clonetrooper, however.

R2-D2 - might be an interesting display piece, not much else there, though.

Super Battle Droid - I still need to buy this figure since I want to see just how good of a figure it is without all those stupid oil globs.

Obi-Wan - not interested,

Mace - definitely not interested, how do they keep screwing up his likeness?

Concept Trooper - I like the presentation on the card, but nothing about this figure belongs in the modern line. The idea that this is the Fan Choice figure we got after Amanaman and Ephant Mon is just mind-boggling.

Soooo, not that it matters at this point:

Best: Airborne Trooper - the design of the character and the accessories edge out the Lava Miner.

Worst: Mace Windu - I just couldn't be bothered to even consider buying this figure.

Bosskman
03-23-2007, 04:25 AM
I've had the TAC wave 1 figures for a while but have been busy so he're my vote on that:

Best - Galactic Marine (but could easily have been the Airborne trooper)
Worst - Obi-Wan (but not really that bad at all)

Overall

Best - Wulf (wanted him for long time)
Worst - SBD

Jaff
03-24-2007, 07:25 AM
From what's been released during 2007 turns out like this...

Year end 2007
BEST
General Wulf Yalaren (Death Star Briefing) 3
Galactic Marine (TAC) 5
Chameleon Droid (Ambush on Ilum BP) 1
Stormtrooper (Tantive IV BP) 1

WORST
Super Battle Droid (Arena BP) 5
Holographic Obi-Wan (Saga 2) 2

Jaff
03-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Some of you might feel a little contrary to the end of this post. For the past 9 months I've been drudging out new polls to the delight of many, and some of the results were expected, and some not. It's a familiar poll for all you regulars, and like many of you, I too, have enjoyed the regularity of posting here. Yet all good things must come to end, so although this is not the last voting poll on this thread it is one of the last. Make your vote count, because this is one of the big ones!

SO WHO IS THE WORST FIGURE OF THE NON-VINTAGE STAR WARS LINE

WORST
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC)
2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2)
2007 - Super Battle Droid (TAC)

General_Grievous
03-24-2007, 08:03 AM
I vote for Monkey Face Leia.

sebillba
03-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Toss up between Leia and pop-up R2..... think it's got to be.......

LEIA.

BTW, I got TAC wave 2 yesterday!!:D So am ready to vote on these....;)

El Chuxter
03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Leia. No question.

pbarnard
03-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Bespin Security Guard. He's the reject made of reject parts. MFLeia at least looks like it's due to heroin or something else that was going through Carrie Fisher's real blood stream at the time.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Battle Droid Theed Hanger Playset

Tycho
03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - I just detest that figure.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Princess Leia Organa

Bosskman
03-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Dog Faced Leia. Without a doubt the worst of the worst. I think everybody knows she'll win.

Tycho
03-24-2007, 04:30 PM
There was nothing wrong with that Leia figure. Everyone rips on it over the years. But because she wasn't painted with lipstick on (mostly) and maybe because she didn't have cheek blush added to her face, we get the cracks that she doesn't look like a girl.

Girls don't look like many of your ideas of what a girl looks like without make-up on, and Carrie did not wear a lot of makeup as Princess Leia.

Genetically, there are anatomical differences with women and a very high percentage who do not grow facial hair - but that's it (the difference between men and women). Attractive girls have what we consider to be more feminine features, but makeup is not a natural part of that.

On a 3 3/4" action figure, it is really hard to discern features, period. They've grown by leaps and bounds in their sculpt accuracy nowadays - I'll give them that (see VOTC Harrison Ford as Han Solo). But the Leia thing has always bugged me.

Now look at fashion design and tell me that Palpatine's hood isn't large enough for Jack (of the Box) instead of that misrepresentation of Ian McDairmid. That was just WRONG!

As to other mispainted or cheaply fabricated figures that were pack-ins, etc. - well there were other ways to buy them for your collection, or they weren't a regular part of it. Sure, there were other figures of Emperor Palpatine - but the real sin is that Hasbro thought to REISSUE that blasted piece for Saga 2 after it drudged through Saga 1. :rolleyes:

R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback) needs to be re-done. We voted for that in our big SSG figures poll. The Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset) you didn't have to buy. The Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.) you also didn't have to buy, else they could be a different alien(s) rather than Fode & Beed. The Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset) was also not an essential purchase. Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe) could be used as a one-pose wonder for a scene, or not purchased - but he was hardly as bad as the face sculpt that came with Owen's speederbike and looked like an outtake from an Exlax commercial. I use the R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) to stand in the back of my Tyderium Shuttle. It sucks, but as a standing piece of scenery, I can live with it. The C-3PO (VOTC) I didn't need to buy and there are tons of other C-3PO figures out there. Holiday Edition Darth Vader (OTC) was another I didn't need to keep. And the 2007 Super Battle Droid (TAC) does what it's supposed to do best - which is lay under R2D2 on fire. (Why can't they do a version of JarJar this way?)

No, Palpatine just offends me! :mad:

Kidhuman
03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Monkey face wins here

Jaff
03-25-2007, 02:56 AM
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF) - Monkey leia is gonna win this one. Is there much question to that? I don't like this figure at all, nor do I wish to defend her, but she can be hidden in the background of some scene. Yet there are a few figs that you can't do that with in this list.
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown) - Scene specific statue. This figure is more of an unleased fig than a normal one.
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback) - The leg on this fig is phenominally bad. Why is it that we couldn't have had a better one. Unlike most figs on this list, try to set this fig in a dio. That third leg really stands out. He's R4's (1986) steepest competition.
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset) - I don't see why this fig is on this list. Every battle droid since the Security BD has been a dud since and didn't end up on this list. This droid was just one of the first. If you stand this fig next to the other BD it only stands out marginally.
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.) - EU, so I ignore this one. It's the concept version, so it's not terrible. Picking this fig would be like me saying the concept stormie is the worst figure of all time if the blister said Stormie (without concept) listed on it's blister.
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset) - I can at least put this figure in the background as a Bespin extra. The figure stinks, but compared to some of the others on this list itís better.
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe) - Uggh! It looks bad, it doesn't play well, but does this fig beat out the worst on the list. Nah!
2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) - Christmas ornament R2 is actually one of the worst carded figs ever made. There are many standards to judge how good a figure is, and although this looked like R2 it was really just a solid plastic figure with no playability whatsoever. So it is a huge dud!
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC) - This fig looks pretty bad. It looks like a later concept drawing of 3PO, not quite 3PO, but resembles him. Some figs on this list don't resemble or even look like the attempted character.
2005 - Holiday Edition Darth Vader (OTC) - This figure is just useless. Why not make a blue and green Darth so we can have a multi colored tree. I would say this fig is not a part of Star Wars just like the other Holiday figures. So I don't really consider this a figure, just a novelty.
2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - Everyone hates this fig, but I actually don't mind it. Don't hate me for saying it. The hood stinks, but he's not the worst of all time to me.
2007 - Super Battle Droid (TAC) - This figure is nice, thatís why I bought two of them. They are great for displaying as they appeared in the scene, and without the armor they can join the ranks of other Supper Battle Droids. The legs to this fig are a bit weak, but I never saw any SBD that wasnít so this fig is no worse than any other SBD in the past, and they were not worthy as a worst.

WORST of ALL Time: I would want to say Leia, or Christmas ornament R2, yet my pick is R2-D2 with Lightsaber (Flashback). The fig is useless and unable to display in any way. At least you can hand the other R2 in a droid factory dio, and monkey leia could be a deep background character somewhere.

Bosskman
03-25-2007, 05:10 AM
I used to display my gigantic leg R2 on the skiff behind the blocky thing in the middle. That was before I got rid of him. I like palpy to, weird lookin' but still sorta cool. Leia is what comes to mid naturally when I think of a bad figure. When I first saw this pole I knew she'd win.

DarkArtist
03-25-2007, 01:21 PM
worst is Palpatine. the hood is just horrible and since Hasbro did a great job with the original POTF version for them to kill the figure with this disgusting waste of plastic was a crime.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I think I would like to change my vote from the break apart battle droid to Emperor Palpatine. Dark Artist summed up my reasoning. The R2s are both pretty bad, but they are scene specific. Palpatine should have been an improvement over the POTF2 version. Instead, it was a step backwards.

pegger
03-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I think I would like to change my vote from the break apart battle droid to Emperor Palpatine. Dark Artist summed up my reasoning. The R2s are both pretty bad, but they are scene specific. Palpatine should have been an improvement over the POTF2 version. Instead, it was a step backwards.

I finally got a decent internet connection!!!!

first off - greeting from Ethopia! Man - this place is nice....

I'll skip the waves I missed - so worst of all - Emp Palpy.

Tycho
03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Pegger, you're in Ethiopia? Whatever for? What's nice about it?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
They say that may be where the Ark of the Covenant actually is. Also, some of the best distance runners in the world are from Ethiopia.

Jaff
03-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Leia won it, but Palpy was a close second. The thread is still open for worst votes so there is still a chance that Palpy may win it.

WORST of all time
Princess Leia Organa (POTF) 6
Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset) 1
Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) 4
R2-D2 with Lightsaber (Flashback) 1

Jaff
03-25-2007, 08:12 PM
The time has come for us to pick out the best of the best. This was a very hard list to whittle down.

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC)
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS)
2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)
2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC)

Jaff
03-25-2007, 08:14 PM
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF) - These were nice for their time, but the TAC, and Commtech versions were much better.
1997 - Cantina Band Member - Like the Jawas, I like the new versions better.
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) - I love this fig. I am very glad it mad it on this list, however I bet a newer version would totally blow away this version. I am ready for a VOTC version, and I count the days or years till it comes out.
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback) - A nice necessary figure, now if they will only make the prequel version. Since itís nice and all itís not my hot pick. Thereís really not much you can do with this fig.
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ) - This is still my favorite Han, no doubt about it. I think the VOTC ANH version is not as good as this version of Han.
2001 - FX-7 (Saga) - This is the best droid ever made. I still canít believe we can make the entire Bacta diorama today. I only dreamed of this in the late 90ís. This fig looks like itís still a worthy figure. I can see it being released with a TAC wave today.
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga) - Truly a great figure. I wanted Hermi a lot more though, and I bet when he comes out he will be able to beat Ephant out of the #1 fig of all time spot. For my gut feeling tells me Ephant will win this one.
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga) - Wat is one of my faves, and I was hoping he would make the list. Yet heís not the best. He looks great, but doesnít make the cut.
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - See Han Bespin Capture.
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - The best Obi-Wan ever. True to likeness, great articulation, great paint ap. Itís hard not to pick this one, but there are much more interesting characters to pick from, so Obi gets overlooked on this one.
2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - I find it hard not to pick this figure. Itís perfect in every way and has not a single flaw in my book. That identifies a significant figure. There are many figs on this list that have a flaw here, or there, yet this one doesnít have one. This also has to be one of my favorite Character outfits in the Star Wars saga, so it also has that going for it.
2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC) - A very nice fig with a rubbery gun. Yet I canít see picking him as a #1 fig.

The BEST of all time - Hereís my faves of this list: AT-AT Driver, Ephant Mon, FX-7, and Han Solo Bespin Capture. I canít see saying Han looks better than the others because his gun is gray. The last three figs have no flaws so I set them beside each other. FX-7 didnít stand out next to Ephant or AT-AT, so he looses his shine a little. Ephant and AT-AT are the best, no doubt, but Iím going to vote for the underdog. I pick AT-AT Driver. Nostalgia decides this one in my book.

Tycho
03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I wanted to comment on Jaff's comments as I make possibly my last post in this awesome thread (nice job Jaff!):

1995/96 - Jawas (POTF) - These were nice for their time, but the TAC, and Commtech versions were much better.

Tycho agrees. But I was honestly more excited about the Mail-Away Han Solo Stormtrooper, and R2D2 was a better figure - as was even the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, TIE Pilot, and Sandtrooper of the day, plus Leia Boussh and Luke Jedi.

1997 - Cantina Band Member - Like the Jawas, I like the new versions better.

No, the older version is better. Soft-goods doesn't work for these. The basic sculpt and good articulation make for a nice figure. I'm partial to Slave Leia for this year though.

1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) - I love this fig. I am very glad it mad it on this list, however I bet a newer version would totally blow away this version. I am ready for a VOTC version, and I count the days or years till it comes out.

Are you kidding? Darth Vader Removeable Helmet should've won for the year! I waited so long for this figure!

1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback) - A nice necessary figure, now if they will only make the prequel version. Since it’s nice and all it’s not my hot pick. There’s really not much you can do with this fig.

I want the Prequel (Bonnie Piecies based) figure myself. She's now at the top of the Most-Wanted-And-Never-Made-List fighting Yarna for an injection mold.

2000 - Han Solo “Bespin Capture” (POTJ) - This is still my favorite Han, no doubt about it. I think the VOTC ANH version is not as good as this version of Han.

I think Darth Dagobah was more impressive.

2001 - FX-7 (Saga) - This is the best droid ever made. I still can’t believe we can make the entire Bacta diorama today. I only dreamed of this in the late 90’s. This fig looks like it’s still a worthy figure. I can see it being released with a TAC wave today.

Yes. FX-7 was very good and tough competition. Tessek was good as well and more useful to me though. Still I wish I had an extra FX-7 today though for use with the Vader lab-rat figure.

2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga) - Truly a great figure. I wanted Hermi a lot more though, and I bet when he comes out he will be able to beat Ephant out of the #1 fig of all time spot. For my gut feeling tells me Ephant will win this one.

YES! Ephant is the best figure ever sculpted. We wanted to see a chance for McFarlane-style sculpt quality from Hasbro and they did it here.

2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga) - Wat is one of my faves, and I was hoping he would make the list. Yet he’s not the best. He looks great, but doesn’t make the cut.

He's impressive. I'm not sure he was the best of 2003. I forgot who I voted for. I had fun chasing down 90 SA Clones though. :D

2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - See Han Bespin Capture.

A good figure. Nice likeness of Harrison.

2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - The best Obi-Wan ever. True to likeness, great articulation, great paint ap. It’s hard not to pick this one, but there are much more interesting characters to pick from, so Obi gets overlooked on this one.

One of my favorite figures. Definitely the best Obi-Wan - probably my favorite character.

2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - I find it hard not to pick this figure. It’s perfect in every way and has not a single flaw in my book. That identifies a significant figure. There are many figs on this list that have a flaw here, or there, yet this one doesn’t have one. This also has to be one of my favorite Character outfits in the Star Wars saga, so it also has that going for it.

He's nice, but I didn't need him remade or even re-released.

2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC) - A very nice fig with a rubbery gun. Yet I can’t see picking him as a #1 fig.

I like this figure very much myself, too.

The BEST of all time -Ephant Mon!.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Worst = Leia

Best = At-At Driver

Kidhuman
03-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Ephant Mon is the best on this list.

tagmac
03-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Well, I'm a casualty of having been away all weekend, but thanks for keeping it open. I'll vote for the worst fig here, then the best.

1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF) - I find it ironic that the most sought after figure at one time could end up being voted worst overall. Personally, I didn't think it was that bad, although this fig conjures up memories of this nasty manager from the East Brunswick TRU yelling at me for asking them to open up a case, then making sure to let me know that they had them earlier in the day but sold out of them. Of course, I recall another nicer worker bringing out three cases, of which there was one Leia which I managed to get two days later. As a result, I just can't vote for this one as the worst.

1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown) - Lousy pose for that scene, but not the worst overall.

1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback) - Didn't think it was all that bad, since it was a vintage re-make, and with a better lightsaber. Disappointed that the leg didn't retract, but understandable because of the saber.

1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset) - Never got this one, so I can't fairly vote on it.

2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.) - For what it was, the figure was actually pretty good. It captured the concept likenesses very well, and only ended up being voted worst, IMO, because people were judging it against the movie version of the characters. However, this was clearly evidence that the early groups of figs/beasts were the result of Hasbro working off of concepts and early photos rather than the finished product. As a result, it doesn't deserve to be voted worst here.

2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset) - Awful by comparison to most figures, but good enough to serve as an extra Bespin Guard, especially for army builders.

2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe) - Horrible concept, horrible figure, and a real contender here.

2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) - Another figure that suffered from being made from concept drawings rather than the finished product, and likely voted down because the jets were in the wrong place. Again, I can't vote down a figure that suffered from such a problem, and in comparison to other figures, this one wasn't all that bad either.

2004 - C-3PO (VOTC) - I never thought this was as bad as people said, but I can understand why many folks deemed it the worst among the VOTC figs.

2005 - Holiday Edition Darth Vader (OTC) - Horrible idea, but since it wasn't part of the regular line, I'll leave it out here.

2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - Awful, awful, awful!!! How they could disgrace such an important character with this piece of garbage is beyond me. Then having the nerve to re-release it...UGH!!!

2007 - Super Battle Droid (TAC) - While I was sick of battle droids by now, this guy was the one version that was needed for movie accuracy, and looks good with the corresponding TAC R2-D2.

Worst: 2006 - Emperor Palpatine (Saga 2) - I'd really hate to see Leia "win" here, as this figure was just beyond horrible. At least leia was the first version, when Hasbro was still getting into the sculpts. This one was a disgraceful re-hash of two very good releases of the same character (1997 Emperor, AOTC Darth Sidious), both of which were good enough to stand up to today's figures.

tagmac
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF) - Great figures for their time, but I agree, they've since been easily surpassed.

1997 - Cantina Band Member - Ditto

1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) - An awesome figure, and one of my faves. This one definitely ranks up there for me.

1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback) - Another good likeness and sculpt, but I just can't see it winning best of anything.

2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ) - I like the way this one looks, and was a worthy upgrade over the original version (which was pretty good i its own right).

2001 - FX-7 (Saga) - This was one of my favorites overall. Tons of articulation on all the arms, and definitely worthy of standing up with today's quality figures. A tough one to beat for me here.

2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga) - This one was a great figure, no doubt, but I refuse to vote for it once again. I think this figure is only gonna win because of it's size, because the sculpt itself, in terms of detail, is no better then plenty of other figures we've gotten in the last few years.

2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga) - A great-looking figure, but definitely not worthy of being the best overall, IMO.

2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - The best Han Solo out there, other than the comm-tech version. No need to keep re-releasing this character, unless it's the ceremonial version (although the upcoming TAC version at least gives us something different).

2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - The best Obi-Wan made in the entire line, and another one that ranks high up there for me. I really liked this figure.

2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - A big improvement over the first version, but I just didn't think it was so great that it was better than a lot of the other figures. Sculpting robotic/mechanical faces just doesn't seem as difficult as sculpting human ones to me, which to me gives figures like Han and Kenobi an edge.

2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC) - A great-looking figure, but I still thought the Airborne Trooper was better. This one is just too new for me to vote for as best overall.

Best: I wanted to vote for the At-At driver just to keep Ephant Mon from winning, but I have to be true to myself in what could be the final post of this awesome thread. Therefore, I have to go with 2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) for the reasons stated above, with FX-7 a verrry close second.

bigbarada
03-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Worst is a tough one to pick, but I'll have to go with Flashback Artoo just because this figure was so bad it was almost an insult. Leia was at least consistent with the rest of the initial POTF2 figures.

I've actually been dreading the best figure here since it would my three all time favorite Star Wars figures against each other: Ephant Mon, VOTC Han Solo, and the AT-AT Driver.

VOTC Han - easily the best Han Solo figure made thus far, everything about this figure is perfect. HOWEVER, we've gotten a million ANH Han Solos and I'm sure we will get a million more between now and 2018. Although, no one can argue Han's role in the trilogy. He's a major character and he deserves all the attention he gets from toy manufacturers. Even though packaging is not really a factor here, it's my favorite of the vintage card designs, so he makes a great "retro" display piece MOC.

AT-AT Driver - another landmark figure with the only possible way to improve this guy would be to give him ball-jointed elbows. This is one of the few figures from the modern line that has really brought back that "magic" that I used to feel when I got a new Star Wars figure as a kid and it kind of reenergized my flagging interest in collecting. These guys are something of a background character (if you have a Fullscreen version of ESB, you'll never see the front of their helmets), but the vehicle these guys drive is as high profile as it gets for a Star Wars film.

Ephant Mon - this is the first and only Ephant Mon figure that we will ever get and he's perfect in every way. Although Hasbro's paint application techniques seem to have improved greatly since 2002, so I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with this figure now. The only downside is his status as a Star Wars "character" (and some would argue that he's no more than a glorified prop). Even after he won the fan choice poll, it still took a while to actually convince people that he really was in ROTJ. But I've known about this guy since the early 80s (he was very easy to spot in the old ROTJ storybook), and I've wanted an action figure of him since the line died in the mid 80s. So his winning of the fan choice poll was just a dream come true and then for the figure to be excuted so perfectly made it all worthwile. Another "magical" figure for me that really brought back the joy of collecting.

Again, this is why I've been really dreading this part of the vote. I still have trouble choosing.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Ephant Mon just because I know I'll regret it if I don't.

But that doesn't mean that I'm chucking the AT-AT Driver and VOTC Han in the trash, they still hold a very valued position in my collection.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-25-2007, 11:44 PM
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF) - I never voted for these because they were like statues to me. I liked the vintage ones better. The new TAC ones look to be very good.

1997 - Cantina Band Member - A nice figure to get, but nothing special.

1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) - A really nice looking figure, but doesn't have the articulation of today's figures.

1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback) - Another great figure to get, but doesn't rank as the best here.

2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ) - A very good figure for that era, but the pose of the legs could be better. A new head and legs would make this a great figure.

2001 - FX-7 (Saga) - No need to redo this one. Definite contender for best overall.

2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga) - A huge figure with some nice details, but the size also limits what you can do with it as well.

2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga) - An okay figure, but I didn't vote for it in any of the polls.

2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - Awesome figure. The Commtech version was pretty good, but this was even better.

2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) - The big plastic cloak on this one kept me from realize what a great figure was underneath it. However, I still don't like it enough to vote it best.

2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) - A very nice update and quite worthy of being on this list. Not quite good enough for me to vote best though.

2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC) - I haven't got one of these yet, but based on what I've seen, I don't consider it the best on this list. A good figure though.

It comes down to VOTC Han and FX-7 for me. I think I'll have to go with FX-7 though, because there is no reason to remake this figure, and they got it right the first time (not counting the vintage version).

BEST - FX-7

El Chuxter
03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Ephant. No question. A level of quality Hasbro hasn't touched since.

I find it laughable that the chicken-legged Obi-Wan Pilot made it to the "best of all time" runoff. I hate that figure. lol

sebillba
03-26-2007, 04:19 AM
Assuming this will be the last round of voting, I just wanted to say a huge thanks and well done to Jaff for doing such an awesome job on this superb thread. I'm sure I won't be alone in saying I'm gonna really miss it.

Best - I still want to vote for VTSC Greedo as best figure ever, but since he didn't make the list, I'll pick another vintage style figure: VOTC HAN SOLO

Bosskman
03-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Best - AT-AT Driver - awesome. Mon a close second with Zuckuss being the best for his time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I think I'll actually go through each one this time . . .

1995/96 - Jawas - Compared to newer ones, they aren't that great.

1997 - Cantina Band Member - The Tin set ones have better paint on the figure and accessories, so he sticks out like a sore thumb (and he's red like one, too).

1998 - Zuckuss - He was awesome, but he can still be done better.

1999 - Aunt Beru - I've never been too keen on the fixed arm poses, especially since she never actually held anything like that while standing.

2000 - Han Solo (Bespin Capture) - A pretty great figure, but I know they can do better.

2001 - FX-7 (Medical Droid) - Really great deco, and I love all the arms, but it's just not a very exciting figure.

2002 - Ephant Mon (Jabba's Head of Security) - An awesome, huge figure. What's not to love?

2003 - Wat Tambor (Geonosis War Room) - Really spectacular, and I love the accessories, but I wish the arm wasn't in such a preposed position.

2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - I really love this one, but I wish the holster were more like that on the recent Garindan figure, where the strap is connected to the gun and hooked around his leg.

2005 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (With Pilot Gear!) - More or less perfect. There's a weird spot on the right side of his head but that doesn't really detract from this figure.

2006 - AT-AT Driver (Battle of Hoth) - Pretty great, but not really very exciting.

2007 - Galactic Marine - I don't even have this one yet.

So, in the end, I will go with . . .
Obi-Wan Kenobi (With Pilot Gear!) as the BEST figure in the entire line!

General_Grievous
03-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Ephant Mon is the best in my book. He deserves the top honors.

It's sad to see this thread go. :(

pbarnard
03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF) Great figure, and has gone through numerous paint differences without yet changing the sculpt, that seems to imply greatness there.
1997 - Cantina Band Member Not that great
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide) Why oh why haven't you been redone?
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback) Compared to Ephant Mon, this is a harder to find figure. Likeness is spot on, and the treadwell makes it even that much better.
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ) Nearly perfect
2001 - FX-7 (Saga) Again, nearly perfect, and the rotational options are impressive.
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga) Over hyped. Really has balance issues when loose. Not hard to find no matter what others say, sat for months in KB at clearance prices. Impatient fanboys who couldn't wait have over paid countless dollars for this when if they would've known me back than (admitedly, hard to do cuz of lack of employment/internet at the time) I would've picked them up for people.
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga) Ok figure. Good on screen likeness, one of few prequal figures I've kept.
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC) - I like the stormtrooper and Vader better
2005 - Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) Could care less
2006 - AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) Not that interesting, but well done
2007 - Galactic Marine (TAC) Too new, and a Clone on top of it. Wait till it's packed in with 3 or 4 different battle packs and greatest hits waves, than everyone will lament it.

Best overall, Han Solo Bespin Capture PotJ. The jacket look is better than the vest, the gun detail is pretty good (later packins did have it painted too), and has enough functionality in poses that it won't go out of style.

Jaff
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Well folks, the winners are

The BEST of all time: Ephant Mon (SAGA)

The WORST of all time: Princess Leia Organa (POTF)

With that said this has been a 9 month thread, and I was glad that many of you regulars to this poll voted reguarly. In a couple of years, you never know, I might do another one. I will see you folks on the next one.

Tycho
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Could you post the final numbers?

Jaff
03-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Here you go Tycho. I forgot to do that. The poll turnout was the same as my 2003 Best worst poll. It's surprising that in 4 years there has not been any changes in the way we view the overall figure results.

BEST of all time
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) 3
FX-7 (POTJ) 1
Ephant Mon (Saga) 5
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) 2
Han Solo (VOTC) 1
Han Solo Bespin Capture (POTJ) 1

DarkArtist
03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Here you go Tycho. I forgot to do that. The poll turnout was the same as my 2003 Best worst poll. It's surprising that in 4 years there has not been any changes in the way we view the overall figure results.

BEST of all time
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2) 3
FX-7 (POTJ) 1
Ephant Mon (Saga) 5
Obi-Wan Red Leader Pilot (ROTS) 2
Han Solo (VOTC) 1
Han Solo Bespin Capture (POTJ) 1

Great Job Jaff. this was an awesome thread. here's hoping that in a few years another will start.

Tycho
03-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll echo the compliments to Jaff. Nicely done!

The final results are very agreeable to me. I would have chosen several other figures that didn't make the list ('97 Slave Leia, '98 Removeable Helmet Vader), but all the figures that made it are deserving of praise to be sure. People voted pretty wisely.

pegger
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM

I was transitting from Rwanda to Congo...I expected 1980's type poverty and despair. I was like a clean Chicago. Much more advanced, green and prosperious than I expected....

I see I missed the final vote... but I would have voted FX-7 as best...not that it would have changed the result

Tycho
04-05-2007, 11:26 AM
What are you going to do in the Congo?

pegger
04-05-2007, 12:20 PM
What are you going to do in the Congo?

at the risk of turning this thread into something for the Rancor Pit...

I do audit work for a Christian church...We send funds from Canada for various Aid projects (churches, schools, medicine, etc...) - I get to go and make sure they are spending it on what they are supposed to. There's a thread in the General Discussion....

I just got back last night...need to catch up on all my reading now!

Tycho
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
I commend you for your work. It's important. I'll leave it at that and look for the GD thread.

El Chuxter
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
It's a bit late, and won't affect anything, but now that I finally got the stinking Galactic Marine, he's hands-down the best of 2007.

Tycho
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM
It's a bit late, and won't affect anything, but now that I finally got the stinking Galactic Marine, he's hands-down the best of 2007.

Best of Wave 1 for sure. Whether he's the best for this whole year remains to be seen. They're releasing another Darth Vader you know? ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
If Chux can, then so can I: I really think the Super Battle Droid is the best of the wave. I'm a sucker for flame accessories and the like, plus I've been wanting a good SBD for a long time now, and this is the one to beat.

Kidhuman
04-05-2007, 06:09 PM
For Wave 1:

Worst - Ovi-Wan

Best - Galactic Marine

Tycho really makes false votes, so we shouldnt count his.

Mad Slanted Powers
04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Now that I have all of wave one, I can say that I have trouble getting my Galactic Marine to stand on his own. Given that the Lava Miner's left foot is not planted flat, I'm amazed he stands as well as he does. I like the look of the R2/SBD combo. Mace's robe and bulky forearm's made it hard for me to pose him holding his lightsaber with both hands, but I got it to work. So, I guess the Airborne Trooper is my new choice for best of this wave.