View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Rogue II
06-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Best: Gamorrean Guard
Worst: Bespin Han

Luuuuuuke
06-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Best--Slave Leia(with the Gamorrhean Guard a very close second. Again, great human figures are harder to come by).

Worst--Bespin Han Solo

Bosskman
06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Best- Gammorean Guard

Worst- Bespin Han

This ranks up there with one of my most anticipated waves of all time. While I no longer have the slave leia (her face is atrociously ugly if you ask me) I was really excited to get her back in the day. The rest were vintage re-dos and back then that was my top priority. Some could undoubtedly stand for a re-make today (EV-9D9, I'm talking about YOU and Nunb, and Yak Face) (but I'd still keep yakface out) And Malakili was the first fat-guy figure we got that was actually fat. I still love Mala-freakin-kili. I remember my mother and sister picked him up for me in Bangor ME on Remembrance Day that year.

Anyways, if I had to pick a favorite all-time wave, I think this one would be a strong candidate. The scults were top-notch for the day (except for han) and they gave us a bunch of sorely needed ROTJ figues (except for han) and I still have most of them out despite their age (except for han.......... and leia).

Rocketboy
06-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Best - Princess Leia as Jabba’s Prisoner
Worst - Saelt Marae “Yak Face”

tagmac
06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Best: Bespin Han
Worst: Saelt Marae

Jaff
06-26-2006, 10:49 AM
This was the closest vote yet. One more vote for Leia would have tied her with Gammorean! This is no surprise as both figs were pretty cool. It foreshadows how hard it will be to pick the best from later, more detailed waves.

BEST
Princess Leia Jabbaís Prisoner 6
Gammorean Guard 7
EV-9D9 1
Bespin Han 1

WORST
Yak Face 3
Bespin Han Solo 8
EV-9D9 3
Malakali 1

Jaff
06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Well it's time to wrap up 1996 with more great additions to the POTF line. Finally a Wedge figure was made, and it was quite hard to come by at the time. Even today it's not a common thing to see in collector shops. The Emperor Royal Guard and Snowtrooper were also hot comodities since they were army builders. Perhaps the most common thing to find was the AT-AT, thanks to it's $50+ price tag. What was really great was the two figures packed in, and the AT-AT Driver was a solid figure at that time. Even today it still holds it's own despite the masterful Saga 2 version. The last fig was Luke in Ceremonial Outfit. This Luke was hard to find on a green card, but would later be disgustingly common when it was repackaged on a slide blister.

9/97 - Wedge Antillies (Millenium Falcon Case)
10/97 - Emperorís Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
AT-AT Commander (AT-AT Walker pack in)
AT-AT Driver (AT-AT Walker pack in)
11/97 - Luke Skywalker Ceremonial Outfit

So which BEST and WORST will be voted on, in the Year end poll which will occur on the next post!

TheDarthVader
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
The best is Gammorean Guard

The worst is Bespin Han Solo

The best is At-At Driver

The worst is Luke in Ceremonial Outfit

dindae
06-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Best- I'm going to go with At-At Driver. Not great but not to bad for the time.

Worst- Wedge the buff look again. None of the rest were too far from being picked but I definately have an issue with the buff chest.

dindae
06-26-2006, 11:17 AM
double enter = double post :tired:

Jaff
06-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Wedge Antilles - I have to admit that Wedge is a pretty weak figure. It was nothing more than a the earlier Luke in X-Wing pilot with a new head, but I liked this fig because I had always dreamed of seeing another pilot made. Even still, Wedge works well in a diorama in the background.
Emperors Royal Guard - Dubbed a "salt shaker" figure for good reasons. This figure had real poor articulation and little detail to explore, but they're the empies royal dudes. I still like these figs, but they don't display as well as the Episode III guards. They are dated, but still admirable for those who love these guards, and I'm a sucker for imperial figures!
Snowtrooper - If I like the Royal guard because I'm a sucker for Imp figs than this one turned me crazy. The snowtrooper was and still is awesome. It stands well even with the revamps and has a very nice neutral pose. It's pretty close to perfect, and it took two remakes (Saga disco version, and Saga II awesome version) to really grant improvement on this fig.
AT-AT Driver - Forget saying anything about this fig. It was just too cool to describe, and although the newer version is even better, this fig still rocks.
AT-AT Commander - When you suck helium your head swells, and I think this figure was made to prevent people from subscribing to such acts. His head was so fat it was growing out of his helmet. Thank the maker for the new Saga II version (one of my favorite figs of all time). This mellon head had a poor face likeness and a bulky body. Today this figure languishes in my extra fig stash.
Luke in Ceremonial - Many people don't like this fig, and for many good reasons. The fig can't stand for didly, but the fact that we finally got a hold of a ceremonial figure was sweeeeet. I'm sure they can resculpt him better but if they don't I'm very glad to have it displayed with my other figures. I couldn't say the same for other figures like R5-D4 (POTF) and the Rebel Fleet Trooper (POTF) had they not been remade.

BEST - Snowtrooper or AT-AT Driver, it's one of these, and I respect them both today tremendously. However since the new AT-AT Driver is displayed I don't display the older version unless it's in a diorama. I still display the Snowtrooper proudly, and for that reason it wins the day. Back in 1986 I probably would have voted the same. I love Snowtroopers. They just look cool, and I can't wait for to get a hold of a galactic marine which I consider the snowtroopers predacessor.

WORST - Wedge and Luke are still usable. The AT-AT commander is a "Melon-colly" figure.:D I will admit that this figure looks good in a Vader chocking display. You just have to imagine that Vader is going to make his head pop. Okay I'm finished with my cornball humor.

Rocketboy
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Tough one - none were that good.

Best - Emperor’s Royal Guard - The least evil.
Worst - Luke Skywalker Ceremonial Outfit - that dopey look and horrible medal. Ugh.

El Chuxter
06-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Shouldn't the Imperial Scanning Crew Technician who came with the other Millennium Falcon case be among these, too?

If so, he is hands-down the worst. If not, the worst is the Royal Guard Salt Shaker.

Best is Ceremonial Luke, hands-down. This is a fairly weak showing overall.

Rogue II
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Best: AT-AT Driver

Worst: AT-AT Commander (but I still ended up with 3 of them: 1 loose from a flea market, 1 with the AT-AT, and 1 with the Hoth Battlepack)

Deoxyribonucleic
06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Best = AT-AT Driver

Worst = Emperor's Royal Salt Shaker (what a crappy figure)!

sebillba
06-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Best - LUKE CEREMONIAL

Worst - AT-AT COMMANDER.... I was so chuffed to find the AT-AT set while on holiday in the States, but this figure ruined it for me - it has the worst paint app of any figure in my collection - his face has been slopped with thick, bubbly paint, making him look like a burns victim. I hated it so much, I ended up selling the AT-AT during a moment of madness,when I was moving house, and trying to slim down my collection - something I still regret to this day. Apart from all that, it was a pretty boring figure.

Bosskman
06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Best - AT AT Driver

Worst - AT-AT Commander (with Wedge and ERG a really close second & third place)

Snowtrooper is a solid figure as is Ceremonial Luke.

tagmac
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Best: Snowtrooper (one figure in which all versions been excellent, IMO)

Worst: Emperor's Royal Guard - way too bulky

v7sg
06-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Best: Snowtrooper

Worst: AT-AT Commander

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2006, 05:55 PM
From the previous wave:
Best: Gamorrean Guard
Worst: Princess Leia as Jabba's Prisoner (she looka lika man)

From this wave:
Worst: Wedge "Tiny Head" Antilles

Slicker
06-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Best - Royal Guard

Worst - AT-AT Commander

Luuuuuuke
06-26-2006, 06:32 PM
The Royal Guard was excellent to me because he's a guard so I never expected much articulation. I still prefer this Snowtrooper to the most recent one and it was one of my favorite figures at the time. The At-At driver lacks the definition of the new one, but it's a great figure. Anyway:

Best: Snowtrooper(with Royal Guard and At-At driver in hot pursuit).

Worst: Wedge I guess.

Darth Jax
06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
best is snowtrooper.

worst is at-at commander

Mad Slanted Powers
06-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Best - Snowtrooper
Worst - Wedge

None of these seem really bad or really good to me. Wedge gets the worst vote for the muscular look. I could easily have picked the AT-AT Driver as best, but I don't have that version.

Banthaholic
06-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Best: Luke Ceremonial, that jacket is too cool.

Worst: Emperor's Royal Guard. My ultimate favorite SW character and gets my worst vote. What a disapointment, it's hideous. The vintage one kicks this ones arse. This one is obviously the ugly red-caped stepchild of the family(no offense meant for any step-children)

Kidhuman
06-27-2006, 02:09 AM
CEremony luke - best

Worst - Royal Guard

Jaff
06-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Shouldn't the Imperial Scanning Crew Technician who came with the other Millennium Falcon case be among these, too?

If so, he is hands-down the worst. If not, the worst is the Royal Guard Salt Shaker.

Best is Ceremonial Luke, hands-down. This is a fairly weak showing overall.

The Imperial Scanning officer was released in 10/98 around the time when the expanded universe Mara Jade and Darktrooper were released. Thus we won't see this fig until about a dozen polls from now.

Jaff
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Here are the results for the current poll

BEST
AT-AT Driver 5
Snowtrooper 8
Emperorís Royal Guard 2
Ceremonial Luke 4

WORST
Ceremonial Luke 2
Wedge Antilles 5
AT-AT Commander 7
Emperorís Royal Guard 5

Jaff
06-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Now that 1997 is over we have to narrow the year down to one figure for each category. The winner or loser of this current poll will return for our finalist poll as the overall best or worst figure of all time.

Best
Bossk
Lando in Skiff Disguise
Sandtrooper (from Dewback)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Cantina Band Member
Gammorean Guard
Snowtrooper

Worst
AT-ST Driver
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Luke in Endor (from Speeder Bike)
ASP-7
Ben Kenobi (from Cantina Showdown)
Bespin Han Solo
AT-AT Commander

For a recap, 1995/96ís best figure was the Jawas. The Worst was Princess Leia Organa. So who will stand as 1997ís best or worst figure?

Jaff
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
The BEST 1997
Bossk - Very good, very worthy figure. It will pale to the vintage 2007 version, and even the Saga version looks a little better, but this Bossk has the best pose to date.
Lando in Skiff Disguise - Lando looks O.K., but he did not stand the test of time.
Sandtrooper (from Dewback) - This fig isnít really noteworthy enough to be among the best of 1997.
Grand Moff Tarkin - Great likeness, ahead of itís time, but next to the some of the others on this list it doesnít look the best.
Cantina Band Member - Accessories, fantastic sculpt, extra articulation. It still needs no resculpt. This fig is truly one of the best from this year.
Gammorean Guard - Still a great figure. You can stand this fig next to Ephant Mon, or Saga 2 Bib Fortuna and he looks right at home. Another stellar fig from this year.
Snowtrooper - Ahhh, an Imperial snowtrooper that is still usable as an army builder. It still looks fine, but even though I love this fig I think itís not going to make my best choice.

The WORST 1997
AT-ST Driver - I bet the Emperor wished all his AT-ST pilots were as buff as this fig, that way they could have stopped chewie and those puny ewoks from taking over an AT-ST. This fig is a looser, but not a terrible one.
Rebel Fleet Trooper - Itís dated, itís ugly, itís buff, it deserves to be in the worst list.
Luke in Endor (from Speeder Bike) - This fig doesnít look great but compared to some of the other loosers on this list it looks stellar!
ASP-7 - Iím not a fan of this boring fig, but it looks a lot better than the Rebel Fleet Trooper or Ben from Cantina Showdown.
Ben Kenobi (from Cantina Showdown) - Super pose Ben can work in a diorama, but nowhere else. At least he can be displayed. The same canít be said for the Rebel Fleet Trooper.
Bespin Han Solo - Another buff Han. Didnít much care for this fig, but I can think of one that looked worse on this list.
AT-AT Commander - Balloon head was a fig I really hated, but compared to one other fig it looks fair. Thus my choices are as follows:

BEST - Gotta be Cantina Band Member with Gammorean in a close second place.

WORST - Rebel Fleet Trooper is an easy choice.

tagmac
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Worst: Rebel Fleet Trooper

Mad Slanted Powers
06-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Best is a tough choice, but I think I'll go with Bossk

Worst I will choose Ben from the Cantina Showdown.

Darth Jax
06-28-2006, 08:57 PM
i'll take figures for $200 alex. this figure is the best from 1997 "who is gammorean guard?" same category for $400 this figure is the worst from 1997 "who is rebel fleet trooper?"

pegger
06-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm WAY behind - but I'll chime in here

Best: Cantina Band member - the only fig that doesn't need (or have) a resculpt.

Worst: Rebel fleet trooper...

Luuuuuuke
06-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Best--Cantina Band Member.

Worst--Ben Kenobi from Cantina Showdown. (I never collected the vintage line, so I can't diss other figures because they don't measure up to those. So to me at least the other figures were new).

dindae
06-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Best for me will have to bee the Cantina band figure.

Worst is a close one Rebel Fleet Trooper is horrible with the puffy chest but Ben Cantina is going to beat him out.

Banthaholic
06-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Best: Cantina Band Member, not it's time to card it
Worst: Bespin Han Solo

sebillba
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Best - BOSSK, with Cantina Band Member (who already looks like the winner) and Gam Guard very close behind.

Worst - ASP-7

El Chuxter
06-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Bossk and Fleet Trooper.

My bad, BTW. I thought the two cases came out at the same time.

TheDarthVader
06-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Best Cantina Band Member
Worst Ben Kenobi (cantina showdown)

Rogue II
06-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Best: Gammorean Guard

Worst: AT-AT Commander

Bosskman
06-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Best - BOSSK
Worst - Cantina Ben

Deoxyribonucleic
06-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Best = Cantina Band Member

Worst = Rebel Fleet Trooper

v7sg
06-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Best: Cantina Bande Member

Worst: Ben cantina

Jaff
06-30-2006, 11:09 AM
STOP THE PRESS!
We have our first tie!!!!!!!

For the BEST year end figure the winner is the Cantina Band Member.

BEST
Cantina Band Member 8
Snowtrooper 1
Bossk 4
Gamorrean Guard 2

The WORST on the other hand is up in the air because the Rebel Fleet Trooper and Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown) has each recieved 6 votes making them a tie.

WORST
Rebel Fleet Trooper 6
Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown) 6
Bespin Han Solo 1
ASP-7 1
AT-AT Commander 1

What to do, what to do.... well it's actually easy really. Originally I was going to post our next wave this morning, but I won't until tommorrow. If Rogue II, Sebillba, or Banthaholic would like to vote on the Rebel Fleet or Ben they are welcome to break the tie (their initial choices will still appear on the poll, they will just get an extra vote for either of these two figures). If anyone posts, breaking the tie, whether a part of this thread or not, then that will work too. By morning tommorrow if the tie still exists both Ben and Rebel Fleet will take part in the final poll for the worst figure of all time. So for those of you disappointed that I am not posting a new wave today, sorry. Be assured that I will post tommorrow no matter what the results.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks for not caring about my vote. ;)

Best - Cantina Band Member
Worst - Rebel Fleet Trooper

Rogue II
06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Did I miss that vote? I'll go with Ben because of the weird pose.

sebillba
06-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok, looks like we're back to a dead heat, so I'll go for Ben as the worst, as it was a rubbish rehash, whereas at least the RFT hadn't been done before.

Jaff
07-01-2006, 10:06 AM
BEST
Cantina Band Member 9
Snowtrooper 1
Bossk 4
Gamorrean Guard 2

WORST
Rebel Fleet Trooper 7
Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown) 8
Bespin Han Solo 1
ASP-7 1
AT-AT Commander 1

O.K., the poll is in, and unless we get more votes for Fleet Trooper, Ben is the worst out of 1997. Cantina Band Member still holds the title as the best, and now lets get to our next assortment of figs.

Jaff
07-01-2006, 10:09 AM
During the fall of 1997 Hasbro announced to collectors what they had to look forward to in 1998. Collectors could type up the web site for Hasbro and see that Pote Snitkin was coming even though the figure was not released until a year later. While we were all salivating we had to wait during the month of January until we would see the new slide packaging come to fruition. January was a slow month, but fans were getting B’Omarr monks in the mail, and that was enough to generate excitement.

January 1998
B’omarr Monk (Star Wars Internet/Fan Club exclusive)
Luke Skywalker in Hoth (Tauntaun beast assortment)
Airspeeder Pilot (EU Airspeeder figure)
Cloudcar Pilot (EU Cloudcar figure)
Speeder Bike Pilot (EU Speeder Bike figure)

So which is the BEST and WORST of this months choices?

Jaff
07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Bíomarr Monk (Star Wars Internet/Fan Club exclusive) - This fig was awesome. Nothing like this had ever been seen before in the Star Wars collection, and it had me at hello! The movable spider joints gave it an edge of posability and the figs detail gave me something to examine in wonder for several days after I got it in the mail.
Luke Skywalker in Hoth (Tauntaun beast assortment) - The tauntaun was cool, but this Luke was really no big deal. The fig couldnít stand by itself, and was therefore not better than the Luke in Hoth that was made in 1997. Therefore this fig was nothing more than a trivial statue used for this beast, and nothing more to be remembered as.
Airspeeder Pilot (EU Airspeeder figure) - Iím not an EU fan, and therefore I didnít buy any of these vehicles. It was interesting to see concept figures made, but they looked really plain and boorish. Take this figure for instance. It was just a plain white fig with a bump on itís chest. The head was the only thing that even had a remote resemblance of detail, but the face was generic.
Cloudcar Pilot (EU Cloudcar figure) - Now this was one drab looking figure. Pure Green/blue butler outfit, generic face, and thatís all I have to say about this one.
Speeder Bike Pilot (EU Speeder Bike figure) - The world war II bomber pilot that came with the Speeder was complete with accurate fighter pilot head gear. It didnít look like something in the SW universe, but the vehicle was pretty interesting.

BEST - Bíomarr Monk, nothing even compares to this figure in this list.

WORST - The Speeder Bike Pilot just doesnít work because it looks boring, and looks out of place in Star Wars. The cloud car pilot you can place in a Bespin Diorama, and get away with it. The same can be said with the Airspeeder Pilot although I donít know what kind of Dio it would look good in. The Speeder dude just wouldnít fit anywhere!

Rogue II
07-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Best: B'omarr Monk (by far)

I never bought any of the EU sets, but I saw the pictures. It is hard to tel which is worse, the Airspeeder Pilot or Speeder Bike Pilot. I'm leaning towards the Airspeeder Pilot.

El Chuxter
07-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm with you: B'Omarr Monk and Vintage EU GIJoe Greenshirt Speeder "Bike" Pilot.

Darth Jax
07-01-2006, 10:38 AM
bomarr monk is best, easily

none of the EU were that good, but airspeeder pilot was worst

sebillba
07-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Best - it's not on the list, but can I vote for the TAUNTAUN? For me, it's got bags more personality than th B'omarr Monk, which was an interesting figure, but didn't really excite me. I've always loved tauntauns, and this figure (and I consider it a figure just as much as the BM) was awesome. By default, I guess my vote will go to Luke, but it's probably irrelevent as it looks like the Monk will scuttle away with first place.

Worst - I passed on all these EU vehicles, but I particularly remember the CLOUD CAR PILOT reminding me of something from Thunderbirds, so I'll go for that one.

Luuuuuuke
07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Best: Bomarr Monk

The worst is hard. I never bought any of these. Luke with Tauntaun isn't one of the worst in a pretty bad wave. But I remember the Airspeeder Pilot as especially crappy.

Worst: Airspeeder Pilot.

Slicker
07-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Best - B'omarr Monk

Worst - Speeder Bike Pilot

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Best - B'Omarr Monk

Kidhuman
07-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Bomarr is the best

CCP is the worst

Bosskman
07-01-2006, 12:55 PM
B'omarr Monk is the BEST.

I never got any of that EU crap then and I don't even remember what they look like anymore so I'll take a shot in the dark and say the Airspeeder Pilot is the WORST.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Best - B'omarr Monk. Very cool to get this figure.

Worst - Hard to choose. I have the EU vehicles, but not opened, so I was looking at some pictures online. I was able to get my Luke figure to stand just now, but I can't fault it for the pose, since it is made so that it can ride the tauntaun. I guess I will go with Speeder Bike Pilot as the worst for reasons similar to Jaff. It doesn't look as good as the other two EU figs. I kind of like the white outfit of the Airspeeder Pilot.

Banthaholic
07-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Best - B'Omarr Monk

v7sg
07-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Best: B'Omarr Monk

Worst: the rest?, well I'll say Cloud Car pilot

TheDarthVader
07-01-2006, 10:58 PM
BEST Bíomarr Monk

WORST Speeder Bike Pilot

tagmac
07-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Best: B'omarr Monk

Worst: Speederbike pilot

I never got any of those EU vehicles, so I just picked one based on Jaff's descriptions. This was easily the weakest of all the waves.

dindae
07-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Best - B'omarr Monk great figure

Worst -I gonna go with the Speederbike pilot. Since there is no source material to base the accuracy I am basing it on gut feeling. While it is probably more to do with the vehicle I think this was the most usless.

Jaff
07-03-2006, 10:21 AM
B'Omarr predictably dominates while the EU's unanamously stink for many!

January 1998 figures
BEST
B’Omarr Monk 15
Luke Skywalker (Tauntaun) 1

WORST
Speeder Bike Pilot 9
Airspeeder Pilot 4
Cloud Car Pilot 3

Jaff
07-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Our next set of figures came out in early February 1998, before any carded waves were released for that year. They were good to help us with the waiting game, and for the first time in the POTF line we were introduced to soft goods. The Princess Leia collection gave us a very needed remake of Leia Organa, and TWO Leia’s that had never been made before. These milestone two packs were very unique, and although the softgood figs were not perfect they were the beginning of what would be a common sight on figures to come.

Princess Leia Organa (Princess Leia Collection)
Princess Leia in Ceremony Gown (Princess Leia Collection)
Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit (Princess Leia Collection)
Princess Leia in Bespin Gown (Princess Leia Collection)
Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (Princess Leia Collection)
Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Outfit (Princess Leia Collection)
Wicket (Princess Leia Collection)

So who do you think is the BEST and WORST of these figs?

Note: R2-D2 (Princess Leia Collection) was not in this poll since the figure is identical to the Orange carded R2-D2 released in 1995.

Jaff
07-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Princess Leia Organa (Princess Leia Collection) - What a difference from the POTF version. This figure was a great replacement, even though her hood was a little too huge. She was quickly replaced by the Slide version that came out later in 1998.
Princess Leia in Ceremony Gown (Princess Leia Collection) - For you pollsters my wife has stated that this figure looks snotty. In response her thoughts I say its Leia baby, and sheís still a hottie. Furthermore this was the first ceremonial Leia we had ever seen, which gave her bonus points. Later that year another Leia (Flashback) was made with a translucent cape. I still preferred this Leia and I still use her in my displays. A very nice figure.
Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit (Princess Leia Collection) - What a horrible looking jacket. This figure looks more like goldmember than Luke. He looks great without the jacket.
Princess Leia in Bespin Gown (Princess Leia Collection) - Until the OTC version was made, this was a great item for the collection. The finely woven dress was nice even though it was not costume correct.
Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (Princess Leia Collection) - At least his jacket hid his biceps, the jacket just didnít look right. I remember buying this fig, and then tossing it aside in a double box, thinking nothing more of the fig.
Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Outfit (Princess Leia Collection) - It was clear that Hasbro was experimenting with this fig. For the first time a figure had real hair, but it really did not look great. Then there was the huge tie around her waist that really ruined the outfit. The Dress looked poor.
Wicket (Princess Leia Collection) - I still like this ewok today, thinking it a worthy addition, with no need for a remake.

BEST - Itís a toss between Wicket and Princess Leia Ceremonial as I still have them proudly displayed. In the end Leia in Ceremonial will make the cut because it is a very fine figure. The softgoods is perfect, and the fig actually looked like a woman.

WORST - Princess Leia: Ewok Celebration Outfit just didnít look right, and that awful dress really ruined the display-ability of this figure.

Rogue II
07-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I won't vote on these since I really didn't pay much attention to them. The only one I own is the Bespin Leia, which I got from e-bay a few years ago. Now that I have a daughter, if a Princess Leia collection came out now, we would probably buy it. If you need further explaination, see this (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=480424&postcount=30) post.

Bosskman
07-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I'd say for the BEST I'd go with BESPIN LEIA. I had this figure out, the only one of them all, until the awesome updated one came out.

The WORST would be HAN. Went straight to the extra figure bin.

Wicket was awesome too. So excited to finally have an EWOK. He went away when he was re-released with Logray though.

dindae
07-03-2006, 11:49 AM
This is hard since most of the Leia figure are good but have their problem. For the best I'm gonna go with Bespin Leia.

For worst I gonna go with Han. The jacket was cool but it was the same puffed up chest figure underneath.

El Chuxter
07-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I think Ceremonial Leia narrowly beats out the Bespin Leia for the best.

Funny that you don't count R2-D2, but you count Wicket, and the only difference was the coloring of the threads in his hood. :p BTW, are you sure these hit shelves before the two-pack? I found that a few months before I saw any of the Leia Collection.

Worst, I'll say Ceremonial Luke. The soft goods just didn't work on Han and Luke, and Luke was a bit worse given that a much better version had hit stores so recently. Still a nice figure, though. This was another quite solid wave, re-releases included.

sebillba
07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I'll be glad when we finally get back onto a proper wave again....

Best - BESPIN LEIA

Worst - ENDOR LEIA

None are particularly bad, I even like Han and Luke, as the tiny removable jackets were unique and kind of cute.

I also got the Wicket in the ewok 2-pack, long before I got this one.

tagmac
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Best: Bespin Leia - don't know if anyone ever noticed it, but look at the position of the bent arm. It was in perfect position to pose holding hands with Han, just like in the movie. This is exactly how I used to have these two posed, and added mega bonus points to the figure.

Worst: Goldmember - er, Ceremonial Luke. All he was missing was his "schmoke and a pancake" accessory and comm-tech chip that played "I like goooooooooooold." :D

Bosskman
07-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Come to think of it, I used that Han head on my old Hoth Han body (stupid hood-down-hat and pastyface) to create a better hoth han with hood down that I still have out. I also used the Luke head on the old Dagobah Luke body to create a better Dagobah Luke that I had out until the superawesome new one (or ones as I have buth upside-down and Yoda-carrying configurations out) came out. Forgot about that one till now. This thread really takes me back..........

Banthaholic
07-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Best: Princess Leia in Bespin Gown (Princess Leia Collection)
Worst: Han Solo Bespin Fatigues (Princess Leia Collection)

v7sg
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Best: Ceremonial Leia

Worst: Disco Night Luke

Mad Slanted Powers
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Best - Princess Leia, the regular one with R2
Worst - Han Solo

Darth Jax
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
best - wicket

worst - the other half of that set, leia ewok gown

TheDarthVader
07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
best Leia in ceremonial gown

worst Leia in ewok village outift

Luuuuuuke
07-04-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm going to have to pass on this vote because I only remember some of these figures. I do remember Ceremonial Leia looked great. And I have Wicket, but I can't be sure it's this same Wicket.

Jaff
07-05-2006, 02:49 AM
I think Ceremonial Leia narrowly beats out the Bespin Leia for the best.

Funny that you don't count R2-D2, but you count Wicket, and the only difference was the coloring of the threads in his hood. :p BTW, are you sure these hit shelves before the two-pack? I found that a few months before I saw any of the Leia Collection.

Worst, I'll say Ceremonial Luke. The soft goods just didn't work on Han and Luke, and Luke was a bit worse given that a much better version had hit stores so recently. Still a nice figure, though. This was another quite solid wave, re-releases included.

Even though Wicket has minimal paint variation I thought I should add him since many believed that Han from the Jabba assortment should be included in the poll. R2-D2 is identical to the first version, thus I ommited him.

As for the release date accuracy of figures, here is the list of everything that came out in February 1998!!!!!

2/98
POTF Red Slide: Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Gear
POTF Red Slide: Endor Rebel Soldier
POTF Red Slide: Luke Skywalker in Bespin Gear
POTF Red Slide: Lando Calrissian in General Outfit
POTF Red Slide: Princess Leia as Jabbaís Prisoner
POTF Red Slide: Han Solo Bespin Outfit
POTF Red Slide: Rebel Fleet Trooper
POTF Red Slide: Han Solo Endor Gear
POTF Red Slide: Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard Disguise
POTF Red Slide: Rebel Soldier Hoth Gear
POTF Red Slide: Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper Disguise
POTF Red Slide: Han Solo in Carbonite
POTF Red Slide: Obi-Wan Kenobi
POTF Yellow Slide: Biggs Darklighter
POTF Yellow Slide: Lak Sivrak
POTF Yellow Slide: Ewoks - Wicket and Logray
POTF Yellow Slide: Gamorrean Guard
POTF Yellow Slide: EV-9D9
POTF Yellow Slide: Malakili
POTF Yellow Slide: Saelt-Marae
POTF Yellow Slide: Nien Nunb
POTF Yellow Slide: Admiral Ackbar
Princess Leia Assortment: Princess Leia Organa and R2-D2
Princess Leia Assortment: Ewok Celebration Leia and Wicket
Princess Leia Assortment: Bespin Leia and Bespin Han Solo
Princess Leia Assortment: Ceremonial Leia and Ceremonial Luke
Final Jedi Duel Three Pack: Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine
Purchase of Droids Three Pack: C-3PO, Luke Skywalker and Owen Lars

I got my Leia assortment in the first days of Feb, and the three packs were also at the beginning of the month. Within two weeks I found red and yellow slides on the shelves, so it's possible that one thing came out before the other since they were released so closely.

For anyone who is interested in how I got my release dates here is how: First off I'm always searching for new stuff on the streets and internet. Currently every three days I search Brians Toys, ebay, and sirsteves just found forum for any news. Right now I'm searching for the endor wave, episode III giftpack, the re-released trade federation vehicle assortment, dagobah x-wing, rogue II speeder, shadow stormtrooper, AT-AT, sideshow 12" figs and greatest battles wave. I only intend to buy three things in this list but I have a passion for finding dates for everything. You could consider this my hunt before the real hunt. I've been doing this since 97, and when I hear of something released I get confirmation by two sources before I conclude it's out there.
Here is an example of my impartiality. I got the Pote Snitkin wave in June 1998 before I ever saw Ree Yees at a toy show. Even though I got this straight from Hong Kong I didn't consider it released to the mass public. When people started reporting that they got these figs in the mail during January/February 1999 I considered this the release date. If just one person says they found something I note it in my log, and then wait, for another person to find it before I stamp a release date down. Usually when figures hit, many start talking about it. That's what makes ebay the greatest resource. When something hits, nine different auctions start at the same time claiming in hand. When you see that you know it's out there!

Here's some more details on my release date guidelines:
- When I find something in any USA (non-dealer) retail store I consider something released. From your point of view you may not have conformation on this, but for me, there would be no sense to lie on my own reference list.
- When something appears in multiple quantaties on ebay by US sellers it's out. For instance, the Endor Saga wave has just popped up on ebay. There is only one posted, and it's a presale. There have been no noted finds on this wave so I don't consider it released yet.
- I also look at reliable vender sites like Brian's toys, and Entertainment Earth for stuff arriving. Back in 98 I was doing a lot of trading through Brians and John's Collectibles and I would get in touch with them bi-weekly, quizzing them on their new releases. One thing about venders is that if one vendor has it I don't consider it released because they may have had got their hands on it before anyone else, usually by getting it through a special party overseas (hong kong for instance). I only use American vendors for dates. Oversees vendors sometimes get stuff first, one in particular is ActionHQ. If something shows up there I don't consider it released because it's not even in the states. It's also important to realize that shipping zones in America are very important too. For instance, in the last week of a month something may come out in California. Seven days later it shows up in Massachusets. The only problem is it's another month now. Which date are you going to use? For me, once it hits U.S. soil (wherever it is) it's released!

In the end the only accurate release dates could be provided by Hasbro based on their shipping manifests. Even then that can't be totally accurate because shipping errors, weather, and stuff sitting in store's back rooms can detract from pinpointing exact times when stuff hit America. I know this is a long answer to release date queries, but I thought I'd throw this info to you so you get a feel for how I determined these dates.

Jaff
07-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Uh oh, we got another tie here!!!!!

Princess Leia Collection 1998
BEST
Princess Leia in Ceremonial 4
Princess Leia Bespin Gown 5
Princess Leia Organa 1
Wicket 1

WORST
Princess Leia Ewok Celebration 4
Han Solo Bespin 4
Luke Skywalker Ceremonial 3

Since a few folks haven't voted still I'll continue to our next poll. If the tie does not break then the tied figs will appear in our year end voting!

Jaff
07-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Our final poll before we get to the new slide waves are two three packs that were really awesome. Included in these three packs is Owen Lars, a figure that has yet to be remade. If he was never released in this three pack he may still not be release now which makes the Purchase of the Droids a monument. The Final Jedi Duel was also a landmark because it has the only Emperor throne made to date!

February 1998
Luke Skywalker (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack)
Darth Vader (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack)
Emperor Palpatine (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack)
C-3PO (Purchase of Droids Three Pack)
Luke Skywalker (Purchase of Droids Three Pack)
Owen Lars (Purchase of Droids Three Pack)

So which was your BEST and WORST out of this lot?

Jaff
07-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Luke Skywalker (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack) - A statue Luke was not a major improvement over the Luke Jedi (1996) was something I was not interested in then, nor am I today.
Darth Vader (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack) - Darth, like Luke was a statue, nothing more, nothing less.
Emperor Palpatine (Final Jedi Duel Three Pack) - I was real excited to see that the Emperor's throne was finally released. I bought this set just for that accessory only to find that the throne was attatched to the base!!!!! I cut the base in half, but it is still lacking. I am waiting for the day when we get the ultimate emperor with an ultimate throne.
C-3PO (Purchase of Droids Three Pack) - I still use this 3PO today. The weathered look, and the restraining bolt still look great. I really can't say enough good about the POD 3-pack.
Luke Skywalker (Purchase of Droids Three Pack) - Woww! What an incredible improvement to the POTF 1995 bicept version. It also came with awesome binoculars too. Many dog this Luke's face likeness but compared to the vintage, and 1995 this was fantastic and detailed.
Owen Lars (Purchase of Droids Three Pack) - I know many will knock this figure for it's pointing finger and because it's dated, but I love it. It's film accurate, and it's Owen. I can't believe we're still waiting on an episode II version. At this rate Owen from the original trilogy will never be remade, and that makes this figure something to cherish.

BEST - I want to say Owen, but Tatooine Luke was just such a vast improvement at that time. Furthermore, the Luke with the blast shield (June 98) was not as good as this fig because it came with no binocular, and could not attatch it to his belt. I can still use this fig in my displays today and it would not look that dated!

WORST - Luke in Jedi (Final Jedi three pack). It's just boring and weak!

sebillba
07-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Best - UNCLE OWEN - the only figure from these 6 I couldn't be without.

Worst - EMPEROR - pretty useless out of the display box.

Bosskman
07-05-2006, 05:24 AM
Best - C-3PO

Luke and Owen are still pretty sweet and I agree completly with everything aforementioned about them, but IMO this is the 2nd best 3PO ever made (right behind the ROTS one) and that's saying a lot. Owen is still out too, but sadly, Luke has been gone for a while. The inundation of Tatooine Lukes over the years has caused me to do some thinning. He rocked in his day though and can still stand up to the new figures.
DS Luke, I still have out too, but ONLY because the Saga version BLOWS. Vader is gone, replaced with the Saga version in my FJD scene. The Emperor is still out and I love him but would replace him in a second if a newer updated version of him were to turn up.

For the WORST then, I'd have to say DS Luke. Just for the pose and greenish color. The likeness is OK by me though.

Darth Jax
07-05-2006, 07:21 AM
best 3PO
worst luke jedi

pegger
07-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Best - C-3P0 (with Owen a close second)

worst - Jedi Luke.

dindae
07-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Well I'm going to have to say 3-po as the best.

DS Luke will be the worst.

Rogue II
07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Best: Tattoine Luke

Worst: Final Duel Luke

tagmac
07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Best: C-3PO

Worst: Death Star Luke

Deoxyribonucleic
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Sorry Jaff, missed the last 3 so here are my votes

Best = B'omarr Monk
Worst = Airspeeder Pilot

Best = Princess Bespin
Worst = Luke Ceremonial

Best = C-3P0 Purchase of the Droids
Worst = Darth Vader Final Jedi Duel

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I only have one Leia set and one of those Cinema Scenes, so I'll be sitting out for a while on the voting.

El Chuxter
07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Best: 3PO

Worst: Emperor

Mad Slanted Powers
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Best - POD Luke
Worst - FJD Luke

Kidhuman
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
I didnt have any from the prior round, so I pass my vote.

This round -

Owen for the best

Emps the worst.

Luuuuuuke
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Best--C3pO

Worst--Final Duel Darth Vader(the Emperor was fine as long as sat on the throne--and I consider the throne to be part of this figure. And I liked the fact that Luke at least was slimmer and less pig-faced than the previous Jedi Luke, though he is basically a little statue. But Darth Vader was just another Darth Vader.)

Banthaholic
07-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Best: Owen hands down, could he be updated, yes. But as with my past votes I am a collector from vintage days, always wanting Owen, Beru, and Tarkin. When I saw this figure, it was like Christmas. I'm still glad they finall made this figure

Worst. Emporer, the chair is cool, the figure is not so

v7sg
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Best: Owen

Jaff
07-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Finally, we are going to vote on carded figures again. The current assortment of figures was pretty straight forward with easy results unlike the last set of figures.

With that said, for anyone who did not vote on the Princess Leia collection please consider doing so. As it stands now here are the results for the Leia's worst:

Princess Leia Ewok Celebration 4
Han Solo Bespin 4
Luke Skywalker Ceremonial 4

It would be nice to breat this very impressive tie, however there were three extra people who voted on the three packs so maybe someone would like to break the stand off for the last assortment. So here are the current results with the Purchase of Droids and Final Duel:

BEST
Luke Skywalker Tatooine (POTD) 3
Uncle Owen 4
C-3PO 8

WORST
Luke Skywalker Jedi (FD) 8
Emperor (FD) 5
Darth Vader (FD) 2

Jaff
07-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Now itís time to get to the meat and potatoes of 1998. The new slide packaging was by far one of the best presentations of most Star Wars figures to date. These blisters were color coded, assorted properly in collections, and just generally cool thanks to the slide. At first the Luke Skywalker in Bespin Gear was a very hard figure to find. Packed only one to a case, Luke grew to $20 in value in just one month. Sadly by the end of the year this fig was a dime a dozen. In itĎs early stages, collection 1 had a variation having to do with the misspelling of Yak FaceĎs name on the back of the card, but that variant did not stand the test of time to command any real value.

2/98
POTF Red Slide: Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Gear
POTF Red Slide: Endor Rebel Soldier
POTF Red Slide: Luke Skywalker in Bespin Gear
POTF Red Slide: Lando Calrissian in General Outfit
POTF Yellow Slide: Biggs Darklighter
POTF Yellow Slide: Lak Sivrak
POTF Yellow Slide: Ewoks - Wicket and Logray

Who can you pick to be the WORST and BEST of these waves?

Jaff
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Gear - It was a good thing they made this figure, because the Leia collection version was really too awkward to be displayed in my collection. Although this fig is not the greatest, it is not bad, and it can be displayed without looking too dated.
Endor Rebel Soldier - This bulky green soldier must have a hard time moving. I had no idea it was so cold on Endor. These guys are honestly dressed for Hoth duty. I have about six of these figs, and in a forest scene they do look pretty good.
Luke Skywalker in Bespin Gear - At the time this was one cool Luke. He had a removable hand (something we never saw before) and great detail. Today many can say that this is a dated fig, but I still love this one even though I display the OTC version.
Lando Calrissian in General Outfit - Iím a big fan of this costume, and when I got this fig I was excited about owning it. Still, I honestly liked the Vintage silk cape better. It just looked more regal and better executed. This version seemed like it was trying for an action hero presentation rather than the true stylized getup Billy Dee had in the film.
Biggs Darklighter - Yeah he doesnít have a removable helmet. Yes he could use a more modern costume sculpt, but heís still good enough. Biggs is just awesome, and this was the first pilot ever to be made besides Luke. That in itself makes this one a triumph, and a cornerstone in any collection.
Lak Sivrak - Lak looks a little weird with his arthritic hands and spread leg pose, but heís a cantina alien, and we still havenít finished getting all the cantina dudes. In fact we have a very long way to go to get all the cantina creatures!
Ewoks - Wicket and Logray - Super cool 2-pack that still looks great today. I like this pack so much that I still have the packaged version hanging on my wall. Both figs donít need remaking, and at the rate weíre going we wonít see all the ewoks made before 2018.

BEST - The Ewok 2-pack is just double the fun, double the value, and double awesome. The rest of the figs are just O.K. looking in retrospect to newer figs, and many are in need of a remaking. Not these two though.

WORST - Lando in General is just dated, posed bad, and not entirely accurate in comparison to the film. Like I said the fig did not have the vibe that Billy Dee Williams had. It was not cool, it was fair, and there was nothing suave about it. Later Landoís (POTJ, Saga, VOTC) captured the right representation flawlessly.

v7sg
07-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Best: Luke, it was cool at the time

Worst: Endor Rebel Soldier

sebillba
07-07-2006, 03:23 AM
Best - another tough choice.... I always thought Lak looked really cool, and gets extra points for being another Cantina alien..... the Ewoks were cute, accurate and great VFM.... but my vote is going to LUKE BESPIN, as it's still one of my favourite Lukes to this day.

Worst - none are terrible, but I'll go with LANDO GENERAL

Tie Breaker for PLC - EWOK CELEBRATION LEIA

Deoxyribonucleic
07-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Best = Ewoks

Worst = Lando General, that stance is the worst yet!!

Bosskman
07-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Best - Ewoks

Worst - General Lando (This guy is almost as bad as the old Colt 45 Lando) I'm glad they've BOTH been re-sculpted. (Actually all the Landos have.....)

Kidhuman
07-07-2006, 06:38 AM
Best - Ewoks

Worst Rebel Trooper

Darth Jax
07-07-2006, 07:25 AM
best - lak sivrak - i tried not to give him bonus points for being replaced in the SE or from looking like he could've just stepped out of a horror film. i'm mostly disappointed that mine was displayed so long sitting on my desk that the back of the card has faded from sun exposure.

worst - lando general

sebillba
07-07-2006, 07:46 AM
[quote=Darth Jax]best - lak sivrak - i tried not to give him bonus points for being replaced in the SE or from looking like he could've just stepped out of a horror film.

I use a Kubrick Universal Monsters Wolfman as a Lak Sivrak to go with my other Kubrick Cantina aliens. Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metaluna Mutant and Mole People also fit in very well there.:thumbsup:

dindae
07-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Favorite would have to be the ewoks.

Worst I'm going to go with Lak Sivrak. To me his pose made him near usless. He looks like some B horror movie creature instead of the calm guy enjoying a beer at his favorite pub that he should be. Maybe in 2015 they we get around to resculpting him.

Banthaholic
07-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Best Biggs Darklighter
Worst Lando Calrissian in General Outfit

Rogue II
07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Best: Ewoks

Worst: General Lando

pegger
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Best - Luke Bespin... I like this version better than the Saga or OTC version - atleast it's neutral with no dumb gimmick...

Worse - Lando.

Banthaholic
07-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Jaff,
Slightly off topic, but still regarding this poll...

How many 'different' figures are we up to that we'll be voting on? Obvisously the number will grow as the poll progrsses but if we took a count as of what is out today (Tatooine Wave) how many figures, and unique pack-ins would it be.

Just curious

El Chuxter
07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Best: Ewoks. They rule, period. Very nice sculpts, especially for such small fries.

Worst: Lando. Not that he's bad, but he doesn't hold up too well.

tagmac
07-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Best: Biggs Darklighter - a major improvement on the outfit, a good headsculpt, and a great-looking, accurate helmet. (Jaff, this was actually the second pilot produced who wasn't Luke - Wedge came out first w/ the Falcon case)

Worst: Lak Sivrak - didn't really hate any of the figures from this wave, but the pose on this one was enough for me to rank it this way.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-07-2006, 07:10 PM
BEST - Hard to choose a best one, but I'll go with Bespin Luke. It was great to get a Biggs figure though.

WORST - Lak Sivrak.

Slicker
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Best: It was a toss up between the Ewoks and the Rebel Soldier. I'm gonna have to go with the Rebel Soldier though

Worst: Lak Sivrak

Jaff,

How many 'different' figures are we up to that we'll be voting on? Obvisously the number will grow as the poll progrsses but if we took a count as of what is out today (Tatooine Wave) how many figures, and unique pack-ins would it be.

Just curiousI'm gonna have to say that it's nearing 500 or more. Probably closer to 600-700 though.

El Chuxter
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm curious why Sivrak is the worst for so many folks. Anyone care to elaborate?

Slicker
07-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm curious why Sivrak is the worst for so many folks. Anyone care to elaborate?I just don't like his pose and his goofy *** gun. He's not a bad figure but he's the worst out of this assortment. Against most of the other figures he'd be towards the top though.

Luuuuuuke
07-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Best--Ewoks(personally I always liked Bespin Luke more, but the Ewoks are objectively better I think)

Worst--Lando General I guess.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Best - Ewoks
Worst - Lando Calrissian in General's Gear

Jaff
07-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Jaff,

Just curious

Considering that Darth Vader in meditation chamber was the 500th figure, as of the Moff Jerijod wave there are currently 602 figures that have currently been released. This number may be off by like 10 figures though.

Jaff
07-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Thank you Sebillba for breaking the princess Leia collection tie. As for this poll there was not a chance for a tie, as you can see below we had some landslide results.

BEST
Ewok 2-pack 9
Luke in Bespin 4
Lak Sivrak 1
Biggs Darklighter 2
Endor Rebel Soldier 1

WORST
Lando General 11
Endor Rebel Soldier 2
Lak Sivrak 4

It's time for our next wave.

Jaff
07-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Two astounding waves are next on our list. The first collection 3 wave had one of the most anticipated figs ever: Darth Vader with Removable Helmet. Among the collection 1 wave figures was a badly needed Leia resculpt, and C-3PO with removable limbs. The collection 1 figs were quite common, and the collection 3 figures soon became sought after, and fairly rare.

3/98
Ishi Tib
Captain Piett
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet
Zuckuss

6/98
Luke Skywalker with Blast shield Helmet
C-3PO with removable limbs
R2-D2 with Datalink and Periscope
Princess Leia Organa (new likeness)

So which was your best and worst out of these waves?

Jaff
07-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Ishi Tib - It never made sense to me why this figure was released in collection 3 (bad guys) when it was actually a representation of a good guy. I would have much rather had a Jabba version. I like the fig, but my desire for a Jabba version hurt my favorability on this figure.
Captain Piett - At the time I liked this figure, but as time moved on this figís pose, and detail hurt it. Donít get me wrong I like the fig, but I just donít think too much of it today.
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet - What an incredible fig back then. It was never seen before, great detail, and everything I wished for. As the years went by I noticed that the figures scale was off though. The figure was shorter than many normal sized characters, and now this figure has been replaced by taller versions that are more accurate. Itís still a great fig though.
Zuckuss - This is one of my favorite figures of all time. Even today I donít think they can improve this figure, but Iíd like to see them try nonetheless. This fig is easily my favorite of this bunch.
Luke Skywalker with Blast shield Helmet - We got this Luke in the Purchase of Droids three pack. It had a blast shield helmet, which meant no big deal. I actually prefer the purchase of droids version because of the binoculars.
C-3PO with removable limbs - A great 3PO, even today.
R2-D2 with Datalink and Periscope - I was glad to get this fig, but like Darth the newer R2 with tools wins the show.
Princess Leia Organa (new likeness) - A much better, and appreciated Leia (which I still display) despite her odd pose.

BEST - Zuckuss

WORST - Captain Piett, just because itís the most dated out of the entire group. Heís not a terrible fig though.

v7sg
07-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Best: Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet

Worst: Captain Piett

El Chuxter
07-09-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm going with Vader as best, Piett as worst.

Bosskman
07-09-2006, 10:52 AM
A great bunch of figures, most of which I still have.

BEST - Zuckuss, by far one of the best figures EVER

WORST - Leia, just because I had to pick one - too big, weird pose and still looka lika man (I only JUST replaced her when the VOTC Leia came out though, but nowhere near as ugly as original dogface)

Darth Jax
07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
best - darth, barely beats out zuckuss for my choice.

worst- toss up between luke and leia, but i'll single out luke as being worst.

dindae
07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
This is a really hard wave to judge. For the best I'm going to choose R2-D2. Mainly because of the different tools and its was harder to find flaws in an astromech figure to me. The worst is going to be Piett. Still a bit of the uber buffness that plague the POTF line but not that bad just tough competition.

pegger
07-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Best - At the time - Vader. He was the 1st fig with a removeable helmet!! I was SO excited about this fig.

Worst - Piett. Didn't like the pose, or likeness.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Best - Zuckuss. I believe there is a pilot of the same species in the X-Wing books. They could put that head on an X-Wing Pilot.

Worst - Ishi Tib. A decent figure I guess, but I didn't like the look of it and it was not a character I remembered from the films. The aliens in ROTJ weren't as identifiable to me as the Cantina aliens in ANH. In ROTJ, most of the aliens were just background characters. In most cases, you had to look past the main characters to notice them. In ANH, the camera focused on all of the different characters, so we got a good look at a lot of them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Two separate waves, but only one best and worst? Well, okay . . .

Best - C-3PO with Removable Limbs
Worst - Captain Piett

Also, Hasbro only counts basic figures when they do the whole 300th and 500th figure thing, and we're including pack-ins, multipacks, and deluxe figures so our total will be much higher than that.

Slicker
07-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Damn this is tough.

Best - Vader (barely beating out Zuckuss and Luke)

Worst - Piett

Deoxyribonucleic
07-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Best = Zuckuss for sure is my fav (Vader was a great figure but still had some of that buffiness to him I hate so much) Zuckuss STILL stands tall next to all the new figs.

Worst = Capt. Piett

sebillba
07-09-2006, 01:18 PM
A really good, solid wave (ok, 2 waves, but only 4 in each, and most were resculpts, so I'm happy to see them lumped together), so hard to choose again....

Best - ZUCKUSS... I nearly went for Vader, but I love the aliens, and Zuckuss was one of my favourite vintage figures (even though I knew him then as 4-LOM!).

Worst - I like all these, but have to pick one, so will go along with Piett.

Kidhuman
07-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Vader is the best

Piette is the worst.

Banthaholic
07-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Best: Ishi Tib, a decent figure and an unexpected choice
Worst Leia

tagmac
07-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Best: Zuckuss

Worst: R2 (just a boring figure, and too much of a rehash)

Jaff
07-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Yet another tie comes down, but this one is expected: Vader and Zuckuss are neck to neck!

As always someone can break the tie later, or both figs will show up in the year end poll.

BEST
Zuckuss 6
Darth Vader with Removable Helmet 6
R2-D2 with utility tools 1
C-3PO 1
Ishi Tibb 1

WORST
Captain Piett 10
Princess Leia Organa 2
Luke Skywalker with Blast helmet 1
Ishi Tibb 1
R2-D2 with utility tools 1

jjreason
07-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Vader with removable Helmet defeats Zuckuss - concept and execution (for the time period) were both 10/10. Zuckuss is an EXTREMELY strong POTF2 figure, however, and likely does warrant entry into any best of POTF2 figure poll.

Jaff
07-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Amongst the many experimental packages of 1998 the most nostalgic was the millenium minted coin figs. Although most were basically rehashes or retools each fig came with a coin reminding many of the 1985 POTF figures. Upon their release these coined figs sat on shelves everywhere as there really wasnít anything new these items had to offer. Yet upon the release of the Luke in Endor they became fairly rare.

4/98 - Han Solo in Bespin with Millenium minted coin
Snowtrooper with Millenium minted coin

9/98 - Luke Skywalker in Endor with Millenium Minted Coin
Princess Leia in Endor with Millenium Minted Coin

11/98 - Emperor Palpatine with Millinium minted coin
C-3PO with Millenium Minted Coin

Note: Millenium minted Chewbacca (4/98) is identical to the 1995 POTF figure and was not included in this list. However if you wish to vote for this fig you can.

Which is your best and worst out of this assortment?

Jaff
07-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Han Solo in Bespin with Millenium minted coin - Originally I thought not to include this fig, like chewie, but this fig did have one distinct alteration. Hanís gun was retooled more accurately to fit itís appearance in the film. Still this fig was unimpressive and unworthy difference wise to be included in this list if you ask me.
Snowtrooper with Millenium minted coin - This snowtrooper had a very different paint job than the originally version making it quite unique. The figs gray pants and arms were way too different than how they appeared on the film though so I never got this fig.
Luke Skywalker in Endor with Millenium Minted Coin - I really liked this fig, because up until the Saga 2 Luke in Endor it was the best representation of this costume that we had.
Princess Leia in Endor with Millenium Minted Coin - Leia was another very nice retool in this wave. I still have her displayed. I am looking forward to the VOTC remake, but for now she looks good to me.
Emperor Palpatine with Millinium minted coin - At the time, this Emperor was really awesome. I loved the lightning coming out of his hands, and I remember that feature being very unique. Today I have this fig displayed.
C-3PO with Millenium Minted Coin - At the time this was a very popular C-3PO. Unlike the 1995 version this 3PO had a silver leg, and many sought after it because it was a film accurate fig. I never got this fig, even though it looked pretty good.

Best - Princess Leia just because I thought she looked like a girl, and she looked pretty good. Luke and the Emperor also has honerable mentions.

Worst - Han in Bespin: Sorry Han, a new gun doesnít make you worthy enough to be a more desirable figure!

Deoxyribonucleic
07-11-2006, 02:41 AM
Best = C-3P0

Worst = Han Bespin

Banthaholic
07-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Best: Luke Skywalker in Endor
Worst: Bespin Han

sebillba
07-11-2006, 02:58 AM
I didn't get any of these figures, so I'll pass on voting on this round.

Jaff
07-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Two separate waves, but only one best and worst? Well, okay . . .

Best - C-3PO with Removable Limbs
Worst - Captain Piett

Also, Hasbro only counts basic figures when they do the whole 300th and 500th figure thing, and we're including pack-ins, multipacks, and deluxe figures so our total will be much higher than that.

Jabba John L is absolutely right on this. At first I thought the 300th, 500th figure was for all figs, but when I saw Jabba John's statement I actually went back and counted every blister figure in every wave excluding deluxe figs. I did not even count 300th Boba, or 500th Darth. Here are some numbers that I came up with, but I'm stumped.

There were 185 carded figures when the 300th Boba Fett was released, not including any Vintage figures.
- The back of the 300th Boba states that the 1st figure was vintage Luke with telescoping lightsaber.
- It then states that the vintage Han in Carbonite was the 100th figure.
- It then states that figure 200 is Mara Jade
There were 467 (non vintage) carded figures when the 500th Vader was released.
As of today including the release of the Lucas stormtrooper figure there is 558 figures carded released since 1995

My count included all carded figs, VOTC figures, all 4 episode I battle droid versions, all EU carded figs including the clone wars cartoons. Silver editions, and both Dirty and clean (POTJ) biker scouts.

Jabba John is right that the released figure count is much higher than my previously stated number, but I don't have time to count every figure released. So I would like to put a challenge out there for someone who has some time to count us the exact number of figs that were released from 1995 and up.

My other question is how on earth can the gap between 300th Boba and 500th Darth be 282 carded figures?

I am stumped by these numbers. If anyone wants to do this chore I do have a detailed list of release dates including every piece ever made that I can e-mail you.

Bosskman
07-11-2006, 05:03 AM
BEST - C-3PO - AWSOME figure. One of the Best 3-POs EVER. It's really a tossup between this one and the ROTS one. I still have this guy out in my main characters setup and I'll never get rid of him.

WORST - Bespin Han

dindae
07-11-2006, 07:50 AM
These were reluctant buys for me. The best will probably be Leia. Worst would be Bespin Han (didn't realize this was any different from the carded figure).

mtriv73
07-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Best: 3-PO

Darth Jax
07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
best silver leg 3PO.

worst (while i love the imps and army builders, i at least want them close to movie accurate) is gray snowtrooper

Rogue II
07-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I am stumped by these numbers. If anyone wants to do this chore I do have a detailed list of release dates including every piece ever made that I can e-mail you.

Hasbro doesn't have the ability to count, which leads to screwy figure numbers and Fan's Choice voting issues.

Best: C-3P0
Worst: Han Bespin

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Passed on this wave, no votes for me

El Chuxter
07-11-2006, 10:47 AM
C-3PO is definitely the best of these. Worst, uh, probably Han. Isn't the only difference his blaster barrel?

tagmac
07-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Best: C-3PO - the silver leg did it for me, although i had to buy him at a card show because I never found it at retail.

Worst: Endor Luke - while I'd like to say Han due to the blaster the figure itself wasn't bad. My problem with Luke was that we should have gotten a removable helmet, something we all wanted at that point, since not even the original POTJ fig had it.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I didn't get any of these, but I did get the Saga re-release of C-3PO. I'll pass on voting this round.

According to The Action Figure Archive, "Chewbacca has an additional paint color - gray - for highlights."

v7sg
07-12-2006, 09:27 AM
I passed this wave, no votes for me either

pegger
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
I passed this wave, no votes for me either
I passed on this one too.

jjreason
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
:thumbsup: = Threepio
:cry: = Chewie (I'll take Han's new Blaster over Chewie's "added highlights")

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Best - C-3PO
Worst - Han Solo

Here's a list of figures that I've posted a few times before on this site. It's of every basic figure 1978-2005, but I didn't count straight repacks, Hall of Fame-style figures, or things like that. I included the Ewoks and Droids figures since they appear on the back of the Boba Fett figure, but I didn't include the Clone Wars animated figures since they were not part of the regular line. The reason I haven't added any 2006 figures is because the line between new, reissued, and retooled is heavily blurred this year. By my count, Boba is 301 and Vader is 523. Oh, and several of the Episode I figures are in alpha order instead of chronological, but it all works out in the end.

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
3. Princess Leia Organa
4. Chewbacca
5. See-Threepio (C-3PO)
6. Darth Vader
7. Stormtrooper
8. Han Solo
9. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
10. Sand People
11. Jawa
12. Death Squad Commander
13. Greedo
14. Walrus Man
15. Hammerhead
16. Snaggletooth
17. Luke Skywalker: X-wing Pilot
18. R5-D4
19. Death Star Droid
20. Power Droid
21. Boba Fett
22. Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
23. Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
24. Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
25. Bossk
26. IG-88
27. Rebel Soldier
28. FX-7
29. Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
30. Lando Calrissian
31. Bespin Security Guard
32. Yoda
33. Leia (Hoth Outfit)
34. Rebel Commander
35. AT-AT Driver
36. 2-1B
37. Imperial Commander
38. Ugnaught
39. Lobot
40. Dengar
41. Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
42. See-Threepio (C-3PO) with Removable Limbs
43. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) with Sensorscope
44. Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
45. AT-AT Commander
46. Cloud Car Pilot
47. Bespin Security Guard
48. Zuckuss
49. 4-LOM
50. Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot
51. Admiral Ackbar
52. Gamorrean Guard
53. Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
54. Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
55. Emperor’s Royal Guard
56. Chief Chirpa
57. Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
58. Klaatu
59. Weequay
60. Rebel Commando
61. General Madine
62. Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
63. Nien Nunb
64. Biker Scout
65. Squid Head
66. Ree-Yees
67. Bib Fortuna
68. Nikto
69. 8D8
70. Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho)
71. Wicket W. Warrick
72. The Emperor
73. Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)
74. B-wing Pilot
75. AT-ST Driver
76. Han Solo (Trench Coat)
77. Teebo
78. Prune Face
79. Lumat
80. Paploo
81. Rancor Keeper
82. Romba
83. Luke Skywalker (in Battle Poncho)
84. R2-D2 with Pop-up Lightsaber
85. Amanaman
86. Barada
87. Imperial Gunner
88. Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
89. Han Solo (in Carbonite Chamber)
90. EV-9D9
91. Warok
92. Anakin Skywalker
93. A-wing Pilot
94. Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
95. Imperial Dignitary
96. Yak Face
97. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)
98. See-Threepio (C-3PO)
99. Thall Joben
100. Jord Dusat
101. Kea Moll
102. Kez Iban
103. Uncle Gundy
104. Jann Tosh
105. Tig Fromm
106. Sise Fromm
107. King Gorneesh
108. Urgah Lady Gorneesh
109. Dulok Scout
110. Dulok Shaman
111. Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
112. Wicket W. Warrick
113. Luke Skywalker
114. Han Solo
115. Chewbacca
116. Darth Vader
117. Stormtrooper
118. R2-D2
119. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
120. C-3PO
121. Princess Leia
122. Lando Calrissian
123. Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear
124. Boba Fett
125. Yoda
126. Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
127. Han Solo in Hoth Gear
128. TIE Fighter Pilot
129. Han Solo in Carbonite Block
130. Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
131. Prince Xizor
132. Luke Skywalker in Imperial Guard Disguise
133. Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
134. Dash Rendar
135. Leia in Boushh Disguise
136. Sandtrooper
137. Greedo
138. Death Star Gunner
139. Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
140. Tusken Raider
141. Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"
142. Jawas
143. R5-D4
144. Bossk
145. Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear
146. 2-1B Medic Droid
147. AT-ST Driver
148. Hoth Rebel Soldier
149. Han Solo in Endor Gear
150. Lando Calrissian as Skiff Guard
151. Emperor Palpatine
152. Bib Fortuna
153. Grand Moff Tarkin
154. Rebel Fleet Trooper
155. Weequay Skiff Guard
156. ASP-7 Droid
157. Dengar
158. Ponda Baba
159. 4-LOM
160. Garindan (Long Snoot)
161. Admiral Ackbar
162. Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Prisoner
163. Bespin Han Solo
164. Emperor's Royal Guard
165. Snowtrooper
166. Nien Nunb
167. Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
168. Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)
169. Gamorrean Guard
170. EV-9D9
171. Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit
172. Bespin Luke Skywalker
173. Princess Leia in Ewok Celebration Outfit
174. Endor Rebel Soldier
175. Lando Calrissian in General's Gear
176. Lak Sivrak
177. Biggs Darklighter
178. Ewoks - Wicket and Logray
179. Darth Vader with Removable Helmet
180. Ishi Tib
181. Captain Piett
182. Zuckuss
183. Princess Leia Organa - All New Likeness
184. Luke Skywalker - All New Likeness with Blast Shield Helmet
185. R2-D2 with New Features
186. C-3PO with Removable Limbs
187. Ugnaughts
188. 8D8 Droid
189. Death Star Trooper
190. Ree-Yees
191. Lobot
192. Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty
193. Orrimaarko (Prune Face)
194. Mon Mothma
195. Luke Skywalker from Dark Empire
196. Imperial Sentinel from Dark Empire
197. Grand Admiral Thrawn from Heir to the Empire
198. Leia Organa from Dark Empire
199. Clone Emperor from Dark Empire
200. Mara Jade from Heir to the Empire
201. Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces
202. Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid
203. Pote Sniktin
204. AT-AT Driver
205. Princess Leia Organa in Hoth Gear
206. Spacetrooper from Heir to the Empire
207. Darktrooper from Dark Forces
208. Luke Skywalker with Blaster Rifle and Electrobinoculars
209. Princess Leia in Ceremonial Dress
210. Yoda with Cane and Boiling Pot
211. R2-D2 with Launching Lightsaber
212. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi with Lightsaber
213. Darth Vader with Lightsaber
214. Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning
215. Hoth Chewbacca with Bowcaster
216. Aunt Beru
217. Anakin Skywalker
218. C-3PO with Removable Arm
219. Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Duel)
220. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel)
221. Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
222. Queen Amidala (Naboo)
223. Jar Jar Binks
224. Padmé Naberrie (Tatooine)
225. Darth Maul (Jedi Duel)
226. Battle Droid
227. Luke Skywalker with T-16 Model
228. Han Solo with Blaster and Holster
229. Greedo with Blaster
230. R2-D2 with Holographic Princess Leia
231. Jawa with GONK Droid
232. Darth Vader with Interrogation Droid
233. Stormtrooper with Battle Damage
234. Adi Gallia
235. Anakin Skywalker (Naboo)
236. Boss Nass
237. C-3PO
238. Captain Panaka
239. Captain Tarpals
240. Chancellor Valorum
241. Darth Maul (Tatooine)
242. Darth Sidious
243. Destroyer Droid
244. Gasgano
245. Ki-Adi Mundi
246. Mace Windu
247. Naboo Royal Security
248. Nute Gunray
249. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Naboo)
250. Ody Mandrell
251. OOM-9
252. Queen Amidala (Coruscant)
253. Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo)
254. R2-D2 with Booster Rockets
255. Ric Olié
256. Rune Haako
257. Senator Palpatine
258. Watto
259. Yoda with Jedi Council Chair
260. Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
261. Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
262. Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid
263. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
264. Darth Maul (Sith Lord)
265. Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Pilot)
266. Darth Sidious (Holograph)
267. Naboo Royal Guard
268. TC-14
269. R2-B1 Astromech Droid
270. Queen Amidala (Battle)
271. Sio Bibble
272. Pit Droids (2-pack)
273. Princess Leia with Sporting Blaster
274. Admiral Motti
275. Wuher
276. Mas Amedda
277. Coruscant Guard
278. Battle Droid (Security)
279. Tusken Raider (Desert Sniper)
280. Chewbacca (Dejarik Champion)
281. R2-D2 (Naboo Escape)
282. Darth Maul (Final Duel)
283. Anakin Skywalker (Mechanic)
284. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi)
285. Leia Organa (General)
286. Qui-Gon Jinn (Mos Espa Disguise)
287. Jek Porkins
288. Boss Nass (Gungan Sacred Place)
289. Gungan Warrior
290. Darth Vader (Dagobah)
291. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
292. Sebulba (Boonta Eve Challenge)
293. Fode and Beed (Podrace Announcers)
294. Battle Droid (Boomer Damage)
295. Han Solo (Bespin Capture)
296. Scout Trooper (Imperial Patrol)
297. IG-88 (Bounty Hunter)
298. K-3PO (Echo Base Protocol Droid)
299. Mon Calamari (Officer)
300. Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
301. Boba Fett (Special Edition)
302. Aurra Sing (Bounty Hunter)
303. Leia Organa (Bespin Escape)
304. Chewbacca (Millennium Falcon Mechanic)
305. Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)
306. Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
307. Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice)
308. Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine)
309. Lando Calrissian (Bespin Escape)
310. R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid)
311.Tessek
312. Bespin Guard (Cloud City Security)
313. Ellorrs Madak
314. Ketwol
315. Sabé (Queen’s Decoy)
316. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Cold Weather Gear)
317. Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Training Gear)
318. Sandtrooper (Tatooine Patrol)
319. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Training Gear)
320. Shmi Skywalker
321. Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)
322. Han Solo (Death Star Escape)
323. Darth Vader (Emperor’s Wrath)
324. Queen Amidala (Decoy)
325. Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender)
326. Imperial Officer
327. FX-7 (Medical Droid)
328. Zutton (Snaggletooth)
329. Eeth Koth (Jedi Master)
330. Teebo
331. BoShek
332. R4-M9
333. Jango Fett (Sneak Preview)
334. Clone Trooper (Sneak Preview)
335. Zam Wesell (Sneak Preview)
336. R3-T7 (Sneak Preview)
337. Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
338. Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
339. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
340. C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
341. Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
342. Super Battle Droid
343. Boba Fett (Kamino Escape)
344. Tusken Raider (Female with Child)
345. Captain Typho (Padmé’s Head of Security)
346. Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
347. Battle Droid (Arena Battle)
348. Plo Koon (Arena Battle)
349. Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
350. R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
351. Geonosian Warrior
352. Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
353. Clone Trooper
354. Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)
355. Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
356. Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
357. Nikto (Jedi Knight)
358. Anakin Skywalker (Hangar Duel)
359. Yoda (Jedi Master)
360. Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator)
361. Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
362. Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
363. Count Dooku (Dark Lord)
364. Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)
365. Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
366. Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
367. Jango Fett (Final Battle)
368. Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
369. Endor Rebel Soldier
370. Massiff
371. Orn Free Taa
372. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Starfighter Pilot)
373. Han Solo (Endor Raid)
374. Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)
375. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
376. Djas Puhr (Alien Bounty Hunter)
377. Padmé Amidala (Coruscant Attack)
378. Darth Maul (Sith Training)
379. Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack)
380. Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
381. Ephant Mon (Jabba’s Head of Security)
382. Teemto Pagalies (Pod Racer)
383. Jango Fett (Slave I Pilot)
384. Destroyer Droid (Geonosis Battle)
385. Clone Trooper (Republic Gunship Pilot)
386. Watto (Mos Espa Junk Dealer)
387. Lott Dod (Neimoidian Senator)
388. Tusken Raider (with Massiff)
389. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle)
390. Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation)
391. Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape)
392. Padmé Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
393. SP-4 & JN-66 (Library Droids)
394. Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp Ambush)
395. Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
396. Boba Fett (The Pit of Carkoon)
397. R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight)
398. Lama Su (with Clone Youth)
399. Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
400. Barriss Offee (Luminara Unduli’s Padawan)
401. Han Solo (Hoth Rescue)
402. Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
403. Yoda & Chian (Padawan Lightsaber Training)
404. Ashla & Jempa (Jedi Padawans)
405. Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel)
406. Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel)
407. Snowtrooper (The Battle of Hoth)
408. Padmé Amidala (Secret Ceremony)
409. Wat Tambor (Geonosis War Room)
410. Coleman Trebor (Battle of Geonosis)
411. WA-7 (Dexter’s Diner)
412. Lt. Dannl Faytonni (Coruscant Outlander Club)
413. The Emperor (Throne Room)
414. Bail Organa (Alderaan Senator)
415. McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper
416. Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus (Death Star Procession)
417. Padmé Amidala (Lars Homestead)
418. Achk-Med Beq (Coruscant Outlander Club)
419. Ayy Vida (Outlander Club Patron)
420. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
421. Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
422. Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista-Vanee (Death Star Procession)
423. Anakin Skywalker (Army of the Republic)
424. Yoda (Army of the Republic)
425. ARC Trooper (Army of the Republic)
426. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Army of the Republic - General of the Republic Army)
427. Durge (Separatist Forces - Commander of the Separatist Forces)
428. Asajj Ventress Separatist Forces - Sith Apprentice)
429. Mace Windu (Army of the Republic - General of the Republic Army)
430. Kit Fisto (Army of the Republic)
431. Saesee Tiin (Army of the Republic)
432. Clone Trooper (Army of the Republic)
433. Hoth Trooper (Hoth Evacuation)
434. R-3PO (Hoth Evacuation)
435. Luke Skywalker (Hoth Attack)
436. Luke Skywalker (Jabba’s Palace)
437. R2-D2 (Jabba’s Sail Barge)
438. R1-G4 (Tatooine Transaction)
439. Lando Calrissian (Jabba’s Sail Barge)
440. Rappertunie (Jabba’s Palace)
441. J’Quille (Jabba’s Sail Barge)
442. Tanus Spijek (Jabba’s Sail Barge)
443. Holographic Luke Skywalker (Jabba’s Palace)
444. General Jan Dodonna (Battle of Yavin)
445. Dutch Vander Gold Leader (Battle of Yavin)
446. TIE Fighter Pilot (Battle of Yavin)
447. Captain Antilles (Tantive IV Invasion)
448. Admiral Ozzel (Executor Assault)
449. Dengar (Executor Meeting)
450. Bossk (Executor Meeting)
451. Han Solo (Endor Strike)
452. General Madine (Imperial Shuttle Capture)
453. Lando Calrissian (Death Star Attack)
454. Luke Skywalker (OTC #1)
455. Yoda (OTC #2)
456. Spirit Obi-Wan (OTC #3)
457. R2-D2 (OTC #4)
458. Princess Leia (OTC #18)
459. Cloud Car Pilot (OTC #19)
460. Lobot (OTC #20)
461. Pablo-Jill (Geonosis Arena)
462. Yarua (Coruscant Senate)
463. Sly Moore (Coruscant Senate)
464. Queen Amidala (Celebration Ceremony)
465. Rabé (Queen’s Chambers)
466. Feltipern Trevagg (Cantina Encounter)
467. Myo (Cantina Encounter)
468. Dannik Jerriko (Cantina Encounter)
469. General Grievous (Sneak Preview)
470. Tion Medon (Sneak Preview)
471. Wookiee Warrior (Sneak Preview)
472. R4-G9 (Sneak Preview)
473. Obi Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack!)
474. Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack!)
475. Yoda (Firing Cannon!)
476. Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-Blaster!)
477. Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage!)
478. Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack!)
479. R2-D2 (Droid Attack!)
480. Grievous’s Bodyguard (Battle Attack!)
481. General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack!)
482. Mace Windu (Force Combat!)
483. Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack!)
484. Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning!)
485. Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
486. Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
487. Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
488. Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
489. Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
490. C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
491. Padmé (Republic Senator)
492. Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
493. Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
494. Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
495. Royal Guard (Senate Security)
496. Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
497. Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster!)
498. Yoda (Spinning Attack!)
499. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick!)
500. Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack!)
501. Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
502. Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
503. Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
504. Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
505. Clone Commander (Battle Gear!)
506. Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon!)
507. Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack!)
508. General Grievous (Exploding Body!)
509. Vader’s Medical Droid (Chopper Droid)
510. AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army)
511. Polis Massan (Medic)
512. Mas Amedda (Republic Senator)
513. Clone Trooper (Super Articulation!)
514. Neimoidian Warrior (Neimoidian Weapon Attack!)
515. Wookiee Warrior (Wookiee Battle Bash!)
516. Destroyer Droid (Firing Arm-Blaster!)
517. Tarkin (Governor)
518. Ask Aak (Senator)
519. Meena Tills (Senator)
520. R2-D2 (Electronic Light and Sounds!)
521. Commander Bacara (Quick-Draw Attack!)
522. Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damage!)
523. Darth Vader (Special Edition)
524. Captain Antilles (Senate Security)
525. Zett Jukassa (Jedi Padawan)
526. Utapaun Warrior (Utapaun Security!)
527. AT-RT Driver (Missile-Firing Blaster!)
528. Obi-Wan Kenobi (With Pilot Gear!)
529. Mustafar Sentry (Spinning Energy Bolt!)
530. Commander Bly (Battle Gear!)
531. Wookiee Commando (Kashyyyk Battle Bash!)
532. Commander Gree (Battle Gear!)
533. Grievous’ Bodyguard (Battle Attack!)
534. Passel Argente (Separatist Leader)
535. Cat Miin (Separatist)
536. Neimoidian Officer (Separatist Bodyguard)
537. R4-P17 (Rolling Action!)
538. Tactical Ops Trooper (Vader’s Legion!)
539. Plo Koon (Jedi Hologram Transmission!)
540. Aayla Secura (Jedi Hologram Transmission!)
541. Wookiee Heavy Gunner (Blast Attack!)

Jaff
07-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Thanks Jabba John for digging up the figure info. Here is all the votes for this assortment. It was a landslide for best and worst!

BEST
Princess Leia Endor 2
C-3PO 9
Luke Skywalker Endor 1

WORST
Han in Bespin 8
Emperor Palpatine 1
Snowtrooper 1
Luke Skywalker Endor 1
Chewbacca 1

Jaff
07-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Among the unique package designs of 1998, the Gunner Station and Complete Galaxy assortments had some serious potential. Unfortunately the Complete Galaxy figures were nothing more than rehashes, thus killing any potential these brilliant sets could have been. The same stood for the Gunner Stations, although Luke and Han were two completely unique figures.

4/98 - Gunner Station Han Solo with Falcon Gunner Station
Gunner Station Luke Skywalker with Falcon Gunner Station
9/98 - Gunner Station Darth Vader with TIE Fighter Cockpit

5/98 - Complete Galaxy: Dagobah with Yoda
Complete Galaxy: Death Star with Darth Vader
10/98 - Complete Galaxy: Endor with Ewok
Complete Galaxy: Tatooine with Luke Skywalker

So which is your Best and Worst out of these assortments?

Jaff
07-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Han Solo (Gunner Station) - With this figures bulging muscles and silly stance this figure was not a very good one. Although this is still the only version of this figure it is still a disappointment.
Luke Skywalker (Gunner Station) - Unlike Han, this Luke still looks O.K. Complete with stormtrooper belt and headset it is still the only version and it really doesnít require a remake.
Darth Vader (Gunner Station) - This Vader was nothing more the original 1995 Darth. Although the cockpit was kind of cool, but the figure was not quality for that time.

Yoda (Complete Galaxy) - This fig was yet another Yoda that had been made before with some paint alteration, but with an added bonus. It came with a flying Dagobah predator, and that made it worth getting.
Darth Vader (Complete Galaxy) - The first cloth caped Vader came with a cool meditation chamber, but was the muscle buldging fig from the past.
Ewok (Complete Galaxy) - If you take a wicket figure, and just repaint it, itís still a wicket figure. Sure the glider was neat, but why not throw in a new established ewok character rather than a neutral one. This was, to me, one of the worst disappointments I ever had in the Hasbro line. There are just too many ewoks to make. Why make a neutral.
Luke Skywalker (Complete Galaxy) - The 1996 Jedi Luke body was revamped with a 1998 Luke head. It was a nice fig, and worthy in any collection even today.

Best: Luke Skywalker (complete galaxy)

Worst: Ewok (complete galaxy). The figure has a huge a huge hole in the back, and looks like wicket. Wait, it is wicket.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Best = Complete Galaxy Darth Vader

Worst - Gunner station luke

sebillba
07-13-2006, 03:34 AM
Best - I thought the pop-out wings ewok was cool, but my vote goes to COMPLETE GALAXY YODA... I don't know if it was an actual resculpt, but the features were definitely more sharply defined than the previous Yoda. The flying creature was a nice bonus, just a shame it can't be removed, as I don't have the space to display the whole globe.

Worst - GUNNER STATION DARTH VADER... I didn't get any of the gunner stations, but wouldn't mind picking up the Luke or Han if I found them cheap - I have no desire to get the Vader rehash, which offered nothing new.

Bosskman
07-13-2006, 05:09 AM
BEST - I'm gonna have to go with CG Luke. I still have him out. The Sarlac was cool too, I wish it could have been separated from the globe somehow.I also still have the ewok out, hey, I just call him Wicket's evil half brother Clovis, you know, from the EU. I also have the Dagobah flying creature out after I freed him from his prison. Yoda WAS different than the original, and he was my main OT Yoda until the OTC ones came, now he's gone.

WORST - Gunner station Han. The MF Gunner stations were sorta cool, and I would have kept them if the cannons had been more movie accurate, Luke was an OK figure though, but he's gone too.

Darth Jax
07-13-2006, 07:53 AM
best galaxy luke
worst gunner han

El Chuxter
07-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Best: CG Vader

Worst: Wicket Jerry the Generic Ewok

pegger
07-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Why no love for the Ewok? I actually LIKE this one...

So - I'm picking Ewok with glider as best. He is the only sorta new fig in the bunch...

Worst: Gunner Han...

El Chuxter
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Jaff, when did the two figures that came with the Escape the Death Star game (Trash Compactor Luke and Vader w/ Removable Dome) come out?

tagmac
07-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Best: Complete Galaxy Luke - the inclusion of the Sarlaac really made this set.

Worst: Gunner Station Vader

dindae
07-13-2006, 07:07 PM
The complete galaxy Vader gets my vote for the best.

Worst will go to the gunner Han

I don't why but I tend to vote against Han a lot.

Banthaholic
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Best: Complete Galaxy: Endor with Ewok (I like my ewoks and since I haven't gooten more from Hasrbo I have to be proud of this one)

Worst: Complete Galaxy: Tatooine with Luke Skywalker (between this the rancor Luke, Skiff Luke, and the carded Luke just too much Jedi Luke)

jjreason
07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
Best = Ewok

Worst = Jedi Luke (just because he was available EVERYWHERE for a couple of years there - Rancor, Skiff, here, basic fig, etc....)

TheCivilCollector
07-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Best- 4-LOM (Excellent detailing, even by today's standards)

Worst- R5-D4 (Not because of the missle feature- I actually thought that was an interesting idea. It's because of the stupid guns on his legs and the piece of plastic sticking his feet together)

Veers
07-14-2006, 04:09 AM
R2-D2 and C3-PO looked the best. Han Solo was ok but too muscular. Luke was to He Man like. Leis was the worst.

Jaff
07-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Jaff, when did the two figures that came with the Escape the Death Star game (Trash Compactor Luke and Vader w/ Removable Dome) come out?

This game was released June 1998

Jaff
07-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Here is the best and worst for this group, and we are off to yet another non-carded group of items.

BEST
Luke Skywalker (Complete Galaxy) 4
Darth Vader (Complete Galaxy) 3
Yoda (Complete Galaxy) 1
Ewok (Complete Galaxy) 3

WORST
Ewok (Complete Galaxy) 2
Darth Vader (Gunner Station) 2
Luke Skywalker (Gunner Station) 1
Han Solo (Gunner Station) 4
Luke Skywalker (Complete Galaxy) 2

Note: The Civil Collector and Veers votes will not be added to our poll. Either Veers is starting to poll the first vote (if so, R2 and C3 can't both be picked), or giving his final best/worst for the entire post. The same goes for Civil collector. I am not polling the final results for the overall best/worst of all time yet. Please join in on our current poll, or catch up anyway you feel desired, but make sure a best and worst for each wave is done.

Jaff
07-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Showing that they can produce a varied assortment of items in 1998, here is yet another list of non-carded figures from various items. Some of these items were beyond words, like the Bantha, and finally an Imperial Scanning officer!

6/98 - Tuskin Raider (Bantha)
Luke Skywalker in Jedi (Rancor)
7/98 - Wampa and Luke Skywalker in Hoth Outfit
6/98 - Luke in Stormtrooper (Escape from the Death Star game)
Darth with removable dome (Escape from the Death Star game)
10/98 - Imperial Scanning Officer (Millenium Falcon Carrying case)

Which is the Best and Worst out of this group?

Note: Please feel free to vote on the Wampa as it is technically a figure!

Jaff
07-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Tuskin Raider (Bantha) - Forget the Tuskin, look at that Bantha! This fig was unremarkable, and unnoticable thanks to the item it was packaged with.
Luke Skywalker in Jedi (Rancor) - Luke with a bone was almost cool, but in the end it wasnít. It was just another Luke Jedi remake that we had seen in the F/X, final Duel, and it was getting old!
Wampa and Luke Skywalker in Hoth Outfit - The Wampa looked much better than the pumpkin man vintage Wampa, but I had no idea how much better it could be when I saw the Saga deluxe version. The Wampa is not very good compared to the Saga version. The same goes for Luke too!
Luke in Stormtrooper (Escape from the Death Star game) - Wet head Luke looks O.K., but I just didnít see the need to get this fig since I already had a Luke in Stormtrooper.
Darth with removable dome (Escape from the Death Star game) - Darth also suffered from the yeah, cool, but I donít need it syndrome. The head of the fig was nice, but I passed.
Imperial Scanning Officer (Millenium Falcon Carrying case) - Heís buff, his remake was buff and dirty, which makes this the best scanning officer we have to date! Loved the scanning box.

BEST - Imperial Scanning Officer

WORST - Luke Skywalker Jedi (Rancor)

sebillba
07-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Best - so, is the WAMPA being counted as a figure in this wave? If so, it gets my vote, if not, then.... ermm.... wetlook Luke I guess.

Worst - none are particularly good or bad, but I'll go for JEDI LUKE, just because I already had too many of them.

dindae
07-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Best - Luke in stormtrooper outfit. I liked the figure.

Worst - Imperial scanning crew. Too buff not a whole lot of detail.

Rogue II
07-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Best: Tusken Raider

Worst: Imperial Scanning trooper

tagmac
07-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Best: Tusken Raider

Worst: Darth Vader - far inferior when compared to the previous version with removable mask, and the 500th figure version we would see later on.

pegger
07-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Best Tuskan and Bantha. Great fig for what it is...

Worst: I'm gonna say Vader

Kidhuman
07-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Tusken Best

Scanning worst

TheDarthVader
07-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I agree with KH.

Best is the Tusken
Worst is the Scanning Trooper

Darth Jax
07-16-2006, 11:28 AM
best luke stormie
worst luke hoth

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2006, 12:04 PM
For the last one:
Best - Luke (Complete Galaxy)
Worst - Darth Vader (Gunner Station)

For this one:
Best - Stormtrooper Luke
Worst - Scanning Crew Member

Bosskman
07-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Best - Stormie Luke
Worst - Scanning Crew Tech

El Chuxter
07-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Best: Trash Compactor Luke
Worst: Vintage AT-ST Pilot/Imperial Commander kitbash Scanning Crew Tech

Jaff
07-17-2006, 07:43 AM
What is it with the constant ties? Well, we got another one, but a few regulars have not posted yet, so we'll see if these stay tied.

BEST
Imperial Scanning Officer 1
Wampa 1
Luke in Stormtrooper (DS Game) 5
Tusken Raider (Bantha) 5

WORST
Luke Skywalker Jedi (Rancor) 2
Imperial Scanning Officer 7
Darth Vader (DS Game) 2
Luke Skywalker Hoth (Wampa) 1

Jaff
07-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Three new waves of slide figures are our next group. The Ree Yees and Death Star Trooper were very hard to find while the Disco Lobot wave was quite common.

7/98
Ugnaughts
8-D8 with Torture Rack
Ree Yees
Death Star Trooper
8/98
Lobot
Chewbacca as Boushhís Bounty
Orrimaarko ďPrune FaceĒ
Mon Mothma

So which is your best and worst out of this wave?

pegger
07-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Well - worst is easy - Disco Stu...er... Lobot.... (although the Death Star trooper is a close, close 2nd.)

Best - I will say Ree Yees

sebillba
07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Best - REE-YEES... a really good figure, if frustrating to find for a while. I also like the Ugnaughts, which were great VFM, but I prefer the vintage, so I'll stick with Ree-Yees.

Worst - Mon Mothma is a boring figure, with limited articulation, and I'm not bothered about Death Star Trooper, but he's redeemed by having a removeable helmet..... overall, it has to be LOBOT, who just looks stupid.

Banthaholic
07-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Best: Scanning Troop
Worst: Luke Stormie from game

Bosskman
07-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Best - REE YEES
Worst - LOBOT (just because, although I just put him away a little while ago. It's the pose really, that and he got a much better resculpt)

El Chuxter
07-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Best: Ree Yees.

Worst: Mon Mothma. Sorry, Lobot was bad, but that doesn't excuse the lopsided salt shaker treatment Mon was given.

dindae
07-17-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm gonna go with Ree Yees for the best.

The worst I will have to say Lobot for the pose. but honorable mention goes to the ugnauts. The bad head sculpt was enhance by a crappy pain app.

Rogue II
07-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Best: Ree-Yees by an eyestalk. The Ugnaughts and 8D8 aren't all that shabby, either.

Worst: Lobot (Death Star Trooper's pose isn't all that great either.)

tagmac
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
What happened to the reviews, Jaff? Busy today? I just updated the 12" poll - hope to see you there.

Anyway, here are my votes:

Best: Ugnaughts - great job giving us an update of the vintage version, as well as the highly-visible-on-screen "bald" version.
Worst: Lobot

Darth Jax
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
best - the 3 eyed goat ree-yees

worst - lobot.

Banthaholic
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Best: Ugnaughts
Worst: Chewbacca as Boushh’s Bounty

Kidhuman
07-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Best is Ree yees

Worst in Lobot

Luuuuuuke
07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
I pretty much stopped collecting POTF around this point, so I'm out of the polling for a bit.

TheDarthVader
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
Best REE YEES
Worst LOBOT

Jaff
07-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Ugnaughts - I had never expected to see two different ugnaughts made. This pack was stellar.
8-D8 with Torture Rack - I always thought 8D8 was just a bland droid. Although the torture rack adds something to this droid it's still just an O.K. fig to me.
Ree Yees - Ree yees is pretty big, bigger than I remember him, but he's still a good figure.
Death Star Trooper - Where is this guy running too. I keep thinking that he was sculpted to resemble the dudes running while the death stars going haywire.
Lobot - This figure is the monumental example of how NOT to pose a figure. Nuf said about this one.
Chewbacca as Boushhís Bounty - At the time this was a very good chewie, but once they got the scale right on Chewie, this fig was something to put aside.
Orrimaarko ďPrune FaceĒ - This fig needs no resculpt. Nice detail, nice cape, movie accurate. All in all it's a good fig.
Mon Mothma - I never needed Mothy to have posable legs because I don't consider her for poses, so I liked this fig.

Best - Orrimaarko
Worst - Lobot

Jaff
07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
I pretty much stopped collecting POTF around this point, so I'm out of the polling for a bit.

Just out of curiosity, what caused you to quit. Was it a cash issue, a disenchantment with the line, or something else? What made you get back into it?

General_Grievous
07-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Best: Ree Yees (great
sculpt)
Worst: Death Star Trooper (crappy pose and his helmet keeps falling off)

Jaff
07-19-2006, 12:54 AM
With little contest Ree Yees and Lobot steal all the attention!

Lobot/8D8/Ree Yees waves
BEST
Ree Yees 10
Ugnaughts 2
Orrimaarko 1

WORST
Lobot 10
Death Star Trooper 1
Mon Mothma 1
Chewbacca as Boushhís Bounty 1

Jaff
07-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Our next group of figs came from two three packs: Jabba's Dancers and Mynock Hunt. The Mynock Hunt was considerably rare, and fetched up to $50 during 1999 and 2000. However that changed once KB began liquidating their warehouses, and these began showing up in droves two years later. The Jabba's Dancers was not impossible to find, but not the easiest thing to find either.

7/98 & 9/98
Rustall (Jabba’s Dancers)
Greeta (Jabba’s Dancers)
Lyn Me (Jabba’s Dancers)
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt)
Han Solo (Mynock Hunt)
Princess Leia (Mynock Hunt)

So which is the Best and Worst out of these figures?

Jaff
07-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Rustall (Jabbaís Dancers) - I think it's cool Rustall is in Episode III, so I like this figure more than I did before the film came out. The figure is fair, but like Lyn Me I don't really think she was an impressive character to begin with.
Greeta (Jabbaís Dancers) - I'm not really a fan of special edition figures, but this likeness is not only awesome it looks great next to current figures. Truly a remarkable figure.
Lyn Me (Jabbaís Dancers) - Lyn really wasn't an interesting looking character, much alone a impressive figure.
Chewbacca (Mynock Hunt) - Rehashed figure with oxygen mask = no big deal.
Han Solo (Mynock Hunt) - Rehashed bad figure with oxygen mask = stinky figure!
Princess Leia (Mynock Hunt) - Rehashed figure with oxygen mask = still no big deal.

BEST - Greeta by a wide margin
WORST - Han Solo (Mynock Hunt) gets shot down.

sebillba
07-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Best - GREEATA.... rodians are my favourite SW aliens, and this was a great figure. If I still played with my toys, she would make the perfect girlfriend for Greedo! :silly:

Worst - MYNOCK HAN.... I know I'm in a minority, but I actually like this figure, and don't mind the buffness, but it is a rehash, and I'm sure it will beat off all the competition here.

Bosskman
07-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Best - Mynock hunt Chewie. This figure is NO REHASH. I used this one (without the mask) as my regular Chewie for years. I only just got rid of him when I gave his spot in the Cantina to early bird Chewie. (My mynock Hunt scene being Chewie-less until the single carded mynock hunt chewie came along.

Greeta is a pretty sweet figure too and I like the Hoth Leia better than the single carded one. And lets'not forget the mynock - awesome.

Worst - Han aint that great, sorta buff, I still have him out though. Rystall is a good likeness of a crappy character, Lyn Me is just meh. I'll have to go with Lyn Me for the WORST. (the poses on all the dancers are crap though, would have been a good time to experiment with ball joints)

pegger
07-19-2006, 05:54 AM
Best - Mynock Chewie - I love this fig! I like it better than the Saga one that some out...

Worst - Mynock Han. they really didn't do Han well until POTJ.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Greeta Best

Mynock Han worst.

Darth Jax
07-19-2006, 06:27 AM
best - chewie, i like the walking carpet with the mask.
worst - gonna agree with bosskman again, it's lyn me.

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Best: Chewie

Worst: Han

Banthaholic
07-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Best: GREEATA
Worst: Mynock Han

Mad Slanted Powers
07-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Been out of town a few days.

Current poll

BEST - Chewie Mynock Hunt
WORST - Han Mynock Hunt

Previous Poll

BEST - Prune Face
WORST - Death Star Trooper. Not only for the pose, but for the freakin' huge gun that doesn't look right when he holds it.

Pack in Figures

BEST - Tusken Raider
WORST - Hoth Han

GS/CG figures

BEST - Darth Vader Complete Galaxy. While not the first with removeable helmet, it was the closest thing to a meditation chamber until the 500th figure Vader.

WORST - Han Solo gunner station.

tagmac
07-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Best: Chewie, Mynock Hunt - one of the best figs made of Chewie
Worst: Lyn Me - just a boring figure, IMO

Jaff
07-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Once again Han and Chewie remain close companions, well, sort of...!

BEST
Greata 4
Mynock Hunt Chewbacca 6

WORST
Han Solo Mynock Hunt 7
Lyn Me 3

Jaff
07-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Once again Hasbro delivered our collecting desires by releasing more figures for Jabbaís palace. Although some were disappointing many were stellar. These Wal-Mart exclusives were quick to become pegwarmers, and were shuffled out on clearance. The rare item of this group was, of course, Max Reboh and Doda.

Max Reboh (Deluxe 2-pack)
Doda Bodonawieedoh (Deluxe 2-pack)
Droopy McCool (Deluxe 2-pack)
Barquin Dían (Deluxe 2-pack)
Sy Snootles (Deluxe 2-pack)
Joh Yowzah (Deluxe 2-pack)

So which is your BEST and WORST out of this group?

Jaff
07-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Max Reboh (Deluxe 2-pack) - Almost an exact replica of the vintage version with minor repaints. When recieving this I really appreciated the quality of the old version, and I still donít think a new version is needed.
Doda Bodonawieedoh (Deluxe 2-pack) - What an awesome figure. The detail alone is something you would expect from current figures. I donít like Special Edition figs, but sometimes I display special edition stuff just to get this figure along with Rappertunie and Greata on the shelf.
Droopy McCool (Deluxe 2-pack) - Unlike Max this fig did receive a complete overhaul, and it looked magnificent. Droopy was always one of my faves, and this fig is something I enjoy very much.
Barquin Dían (Deluxe 2-pack) - Not a bad fig, and had the Cantina Band Members not have been released he could have filled in for one. Other than that this fig is not that memorable.
Sy Snootles (Deluxe 2-pack) - Honestly the vintage Sy Snootles is much better. I really did not enjoy what Lucas did with Sy in the SE, and this fig really looks poor. Itís got a bad pose, and just looks weak.
Joh Yowzah (Deluxe 2-pack) - This fig would have been nice if his mouth was shut. It would have worked as the pre-special edition representation of this character. I donít think this fig looks good at all, and like Sy I they take away from the coolness of the Reboh band.

BEST - Doda Bodonawieedoh (Max and Droopy are close runner ups)
WORST - Joh Yowzah and Sy ties it, but Iíll pick Sy because I still feel Iím missing Sy Snootles. I have a special edition version, but I need the Original Trilogy version.

tagmac
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Best: Max Rebo - awesome figure, and one of my faves as a kid.

Worst: Sy Snootles - it was a disgrace what Lucas did to this character in the SE's, and I look forward to the unaltered versions for the Jabba's Palace scenes especially.

I don't know how easy these were for most of you, but around here, I never found them at retail. My Wal-Mart was notorious for getting cleaned out by scalpers and unscrupulous employees. If not for the two dealers at the flea market back then, I'd have never gotten the whole set.

Rogue II
07-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Best: Max Rebo (Droopy McCool is pretty good, too)

Worst: Joh Yowzah

I didn't have any problem finding these.

Banthaholic
07-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Best Max Rebo, one of my favorites all time
Worst Sy, the SE ruined her, bring back the original!

pegger
07-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Best - Droopy ... I love this guy...and the accessory is awesome too.

Worst - Sy....she just stinks.

sebillba
07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Best - DODA.... I love my rodians.

Worst - I like all these, and I even prefer the CGI versions to the Sy and Yuzzum puppets (except when Sy's lips filled the screen, which was way too cartoony)... but these two are the least realistic of the band, and JOH YOWZAH just pips Sy as worst.

I don't think these were ever released at retail in Britain, and I've only ever seen them at premium prices in collector's shops.

Bosskman
07-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Best - REBO

Worst - SNOOTLES

Yowza was abominable but what was done to Sy in the SE was the biggest disgrace since that SE ANH Jabba that tooked like Grimace.

Darth Jax
07-21-2006, 05:57 PM
best - max
worst - joh

Mad Slanted Powers
07-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Best - Max Rebo
Worst - Joh Yowzah

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I missed this wave, didnt have a WM near me at the time to get em.

dindae
07-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm gonna go with rebo as the best and for the worst I'm gonna say Joh Yowzah although I really liked all of these figures.

General_Grievous
07-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Best: Max Rebo

Worst: Joh Yowza

Jaff
07-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Well Max came out easily ahead. Joh lost out in the end, but many made it clear that SE Sy did not make many happy!

BEST
Doda Bodonawieedoh 2
Max Rebo 8
Droopy McCool 1

WORST
Joh Yowzah 7
Sy Snootles 4

Jaff
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Our next wave was the expanded Universe enthusiasts dream. The unique packaging allowed the blister to fold out to form a display, a feature which disappointingly never returned again. The wave was hard to come by, especially the Spacetrooper and Darktrooper.

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Imperial Sentinal
Luke Skywalker from Dark Empire
Leia Organa Solo
Clone Emperor
Kyle Katarn
Mara Jade
Spacetrooper
Darktrooper

So which is the Best and Worst out of this group?

Jaff
07-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Since I bought none of these, nor was I interested in them my viewpoints on them are somewhat biased. Rather than rate each figure, I will merely pick my best and worst and note my reasons why I picked them.

BEST - Darktrooper: Although I like the clone emperor and spacetrooper, I am quite fond of the Darktrooper. He is just a unique figure, and a cool concept from the Dark Forces game. The figure did the trooper justice.

WORST - I want to say Mara Jade because I think she is the weakest and worst character ever created in the SW universe, but I have to say the Imperial Sentinal. I know many people will think Iím crazy for picking this one over some of the others, but the Sentinal just gives me an annoying Orco from the He-Man Universe vibe. I just think this dude looks dorky. Iíd take Joh Yowzah, or the POTF R5-D4 any day over this one!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Best - I guess I will go with Thrawn. I like the Leia figure as well, and the troopers are pretty good too.

Worst - Imperial Sentinel. I think they could also do a much better job on Mara and Kyle.

pegger
07-23-2006, 11:13 AM
best: Thrawn
Worst - Sentinal. weird looking salt shaker....

TheDarthVader
07-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Here are two old votes from me...

Best Mynock Chewie
Worst Mynock Han

Best Max Rebo
Worst Sy

I am not going to vote for any EU figures.

sebillba
07-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Best - I read all the early novels, so was pleased to have Thrawn and Mara. It was also cool to get a Jedi Leia, a darkside Luke and a clone Emperor. But I thought the coolest looking figures from this lot were Dark Trooper and Imperial Sentinel.... the latter was a bit of a salt shaker, so I'll go with DARK TROOPER.

Worst - KYLE KATARN... this character means nothing to me.

Bosskman
07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Won't vote on this. EU rubbish.

Darth Jax
07-23-2006, 04:13 PM
i liked the dark trooper the most. didn't care much for kyle.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2006, 05:35 PM
Best - I read all the early novels, so was pleased to have Thrawn and Mara. It was also cool to get a Jedi Leia, a darkside Luke and a clone Emperor. But I thought the coolest looking figures from this lot were Dark Trooper and Imperial Sentinel.... the latter was a bit of a salt shaker, so I'll go with DARK TROOPER.

Worst - KYLE KATARN... this character means nothing to me.Interesting, since the Dark Trooper was from the same video game as Kyle Katarn. He also was the main character in at least two other games, and a trilogy of illustrated books based on those games.

Won't vote on this. EU rubbish.It was things like Dark Forces, Shadows of the Empire and the Zahn trilogy that helped restart Star Wars in the 90's. If not for that success, maybe we wouldn't have seen new figures and movies. I will concur though, that some of it was definitely less than stellar (though I wouldn't go so far as to call it rubbish).

tagmac
07-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Best: Grand Admiral Thrawn
Worst: Imperial Sentinal

sebillba
07-24-2006, 07:10 AM
Interesting, since the Dark Trooper was from the same video game as Kyle Katarn. He also was the main character in at least two other games, and a trilogy of illustrated books based on those games.

I don't play video games, or read books based on games, so KK held no interest for me as a character, and without knowing his background, he was a rather uninspiring human figure for me. That said, I can appreciate the Dark Trooper as a really cool-looking figure, and although I'm not familiar with them from the game, they are essentially a new take on other, more familiar Imperial troopers.