PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mad Slanted Powers
08-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Man, I'm out of step with the world on this wave. These are all pretty good figures, but my thoughts are a bit different.

Greedo - I realized a while back that I never did get the POTF2 Greedo, which is fine because there are better versions out now. This version was good. Articulated knees for sitting in the cantina. However, his vest is the wrong color. The Cantina with bar set corrected this.

Jawa & Gonk - An improved Jawa, individual feet rather than a solid base. Cool to have a Gonk droid, but it would be nice if it were easier to pose him neutral and get rid of that walking motion button.

Han Solo - Great figure. A decent likeness, a holster for the gun, great articulation. The problem I have is how his left arm is posed.

Luke Skywalker - This is more than just a rehash to me. The elbow and knee articulation make this an improvement over the one with the blast shield.

Best - Luke
Worst - Greedo

Banthaholic
08-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Best: Jawa and ďGonkĒ Droid
Worst: Luke Skywalker with T-16 model. I loved the accesosories, but compared to the rest this just doesn't hold up

Deoxyribonucleic
08-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Best: Jawa w/Gonk

Worst: Luke Skywalker

TheDarthVader
08-23-2006, 09:54 PM
The Darth Vader: have you sniffed Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon Naboo's Jedi Robes?

The smell fades faster than the Mouse Droids, but it was pretty fresh when you first opened them.

I recommend the inhalation experience if you have any non-opened samples of those figures still around.

I'm just taking a stab at humor. I haven't smelled too many figures. But, if I ever open those, you are welcome to come down here to good ole TEXAS and smell 'em with me.

best is Han Solo and worst is out of scale Greedo.

NOW:
Best
Jawa w Gonk Droid 8 votes
Greedo 4 votes
Han Solo 4 votes
Luke Skywalker 1 vote

Worst
Luke Skywalker 13 votes
Han Solo 2 votes
Greedo 2 votes

PREVIOUS:
Best
***Wedge Antilles 7 votes "I CAN stay with you. Sorry." HE IS SO SENSITIVE. HE WINS!
Klaatu 1 vote
Ten Numb 1 vote
Nikto 2 votes
Barada 3 votes

Worst
****Arvyl Crynyd 8 votes WHO? HE IS A LOSER SKUNK BOY.
Barada 2 votes
Ten Numb 1 vote
Nikto 3 votes

Jaff
08-24-2006, 12:39 AM
For the last poll of 1999 we have the final batch of Episode I stuff.

8/99
Qui-Gon Jinn (Theed Hanger Playset)
Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
Battle Droid (Theed Generator Complex Playset)
10/99
Adi Gallia
Captain Panaka
Naboo Security Guard
12/99
R2-R9 (Royal Starship exclusive)

So which is your best and worst out of this group?

Jaff
08-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn (Theed Hanger Playset) - If you like your Qui-Gonís in extreme poses than this is the fig for you. This Qui-Gon had a kicking feature, and hair that looked a lot like (if not the same) as the Qui-Gon that came in the Tatooine Duel three pack. Since Iím not a big fan of extreme posed figs, this one never appealed to me.
Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset) - I have to admit that itís really cool to have a battle droid that can be fall apart in two pieces, and thatís great play value, but when you display figs, does it really matter? This Battle Droid was part of the action feature that came with the playset. You could move Quiggy to chop the droid in pieces. This fig was nothing more than a previous released battle droid that could fall apart.
Battle Droid (Theed Generator Complex Playset) - Gee the Battle Droid that came with this playset looks just like previous Battle Droidís released. I guess thatís because it is just like all the other battle Droids released with minor paint variations.
Adi Gallia - This was the only Adi figure to ever come with a cape. She looks good as a fig, and has a very neutral pose.
Captain Panaka - Wow, now this was a nice figure. It was sculpted well, and had a terrific pose when he held his gun. The only downside to this fig was that he was a statue. He doesnít really look good if he has no gun in his hands.
Naboo Security Guard - This guard, which was orange with a Panaka hat just looks ugly, and is posed poorly. He looks confused, or as if he is shrugging. Itís easy to guess which my worst vote will be.
R2-R9 (Royal Starship exclusive) - This red astrotech Droid was molded after the R2 with holo Leia and appeared on the Naboo Royal Starship during the escape from Naboo in Episode I. Itís a winner in my book for that reason alone. Not to mention that if you wanted this fig you had to fork out $100 for the Royal Starship. This makes this figure a very costly but royal edition to any collection.

BEST - Captain Panaka

Worst - Naboo Security Guard

Tycho
08-24-2006, 12:54 AM
BEST: Captain Panaka. This was a cool figure. He's due for a resculpt with a removeable hat and softgoods so he can actually sit in his seat in the Royal Starship or Flash Speeder. However, I like this figure and think it came out well. I bought a lot of Panaka for my scenes.

WORST: Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset) It always falls apart. It's best for display as a downed Battle Droid rather than a standing one. The other one that came with the Theed Generator set didn't even have a backpack. And the Qui-Gon from the Hanger Playset was very loose so he could kick, and consequently, the figure might fall down a lot if he's not put on an action stand. But at least the other two are both halves of a connected figure.

sebillba
08-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Best - I didn't get any of these pack-ins (though I'm on the lookout for the red droid), and what's left don't really float my boat, but I'll got for PANAKA.

Worst - some of my least liked figs are floppy, droopy battle droids that can't stand up, so although I've never seen one in the plastic, I'm sure I'd hate the fall apart BATTLE DROID from the Theed Hangar set, so that's getting my vote.

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Best - Panaka

Worst - Droid of Battle kind.

Darth Jax
08-24-2006, 07:38 AM
best - panaka
worst - naboo security

dindae
08-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Best Panaka
Worst Never Together Battle Droid

pegger
08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Best - Red R2...I love droids....

Worst - Battle droid with "pile" action feature.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2006, 09:39 AM
I didn't get the playsets, but I did get a loose break-apart battle droid when I ordered the four international 2-pack figures from SW Insider. It didn't even have any articulation.

The red R2 unit is nice. I like any sculpt that has the retractable 3rd leg. Panaka and Naboo Royal Security are okay, but both are somewhat preposed. Panaka is better with right elbow articulation, and the Naboo soldier is the wrong color.

Adi Gallia is a decent figure. A more neutral pose. She looks good with the cape on and off. The only odd thing is that one arm goes through a sleeve but not sleeve on the other side. Also, the articulated elbow is on the side with the sleeve, so she can't really move that arm much anyway without taking the cape off. Still, I think I like this figure best.

BEST - Adi Gallia
WORST - Theed Hanger Battle Droid

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Last one:
Best - Han (before they rereleased him a thousand times)
Worst - Greedo (he was good at the time, but the VTSC one is so much better)

This one:
Best - Captain Panaka
Worst - Fall-apart Battle Droid

Banthaholic
08-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Best: Red R2 gets it.
Worst: Panaka, while the figure might be nice the guy playing him makes Panaka the worse Star Wars character out of 6 movies, 2 ewoks films and 3 caroons

tagmac
08-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Nice to see this thread alive again. Both this and my 12" best/worst thread have been pretty dead for a couple days now. Anyway, here are my votes:

Best: This was a toss-up, but I'm gonna say Captain Panaka, because he just looked awesome posed with the gun, although Adi Gallia is a very close second.

Worst: Fall-apart Battle Droid. I never bought these playsets, but I don't have any problems with the rest of the figures in this grouping that I did buy.

Bosskman
08-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Best - R2
Worst - THPBD

TheDarthVader
08-25-2006, 09:16 PM
best is captain panaka and worst is battle droid

NOW:
Best
Captain Panaka 9 votes
red R2 (came w/ ship) 3 votes
Adi Gallia 1 vote

Worst
Naboo Royal Security 2 votes
Battle Droid (pack in) 9 votes
Captain Panaka 1 vote

PREVIOUS:
Best
****Jawa w Gonk Droid 8 votes WAY TO GONK AROUND TO WIN THAT ONE!
Greedo 4 votes
Han Solo 4 votes
Luke Skywalker 1 vote

Worst
****Luke Skywalker 13 votes YOU SMELL LIKE ROTTEN BLUE MILK. YOU LOST!
Han Solo 2 votes
Greedo 2 votes

Jaff
08-26-2006, 09:59 AM
1999 in a nutshell:

BEST
Pote Snitkin (Slide)
Aunt Beru (Flashback)
Darth Maul (Episode I)
Darth Sidious (Episode I)
Chancellor Valorum (Episode I)
Darth Maul (Sith Speeder)
Rune Haako (Episode I)
Darth Maul (Tatooine Duel)
Queen Amidalla - Corcuscant (Episode I)
Wedge Antilles (Rebel Pilots)
Jawa/Gonk (Commtech)
Captain Panaka (Episode I)

WORST
Death Star Droid with Mouse Droid (Slide)
Han Solo Carbonite (Jabba Palace)
Sandtrooper (Cantina playset)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode I)
Gasgano (Episode I)
Boss Nass (Episode I)
Sebulba (Podracer)
R2-D2 (Episode I)
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Duel)
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Naboo (Episode I)
Arvyl Crynyd (Rebel Pilots)
Luke Skywalker with T-16 model (Commtech)

Now itís time to narrow these lists down to one figure in each category. Which would you want to end up in the final poll?

Jaff
08-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Here's my picks out of these lists:

BEST
Pote Snitkin (Slide)
Aunt Beru (Flashback)
Darth Sidious (Episode I)

WORST
Boss Nass (Episode I)
Sebulba (Podracer)
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Duel)

My winner or looser is:
BEST
Aunt Beru (Flashback) - She just looks great. It was Pote at first then her, but she is really a great figure.

WORST
Boss Nass (Episode I) - Mini-Nass is just terrible, although Sebulba (podracer) is a bad one too.

sebillba
08-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Best - RUNE HAAKO

Worst - BATTLE DROID from Theed playset

pegger
08-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Best: Pote. This is for me one of the best ifgs they have ever done. Exactly what a background character figure should be.

Worst: Battle droid. It is completely useless.

tagmac
08-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Best: Darth Maul (Theed Hangar Duel) - The first and best Maul, especially the way you could pose him with the double-lightsaber.

Worst: R2-D2 (Episode 1) - an unneeded figure, and with inaccurate features to boot. This one did not need to be made.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-26-2006, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Jaff;495608]1999 in a nutshell:

BEST - Darth Maul Jedi Duel
WORST - Battle Droid Theed Hangar Playset

I also like Aunt Beru, Rune Haako and Darth Maul with the Sith Speeder.
Sebulba would probably be my next worst choice.

Kidhuman
08-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Battle droid fromn the playset the worst

Rune the best

dindae
08-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Best - Pote he is very well done and detailed
Worst - Boss Nass while the battle droid was probably technically worse it was a gimmick figure so it didn't bother me as much.

Darth Jax
08-26-2006, 01:27 PM
best - jawa with gonk droid
worst - toss up between nass, sebulba and BD but i'd say nass barely.

Tycho
08-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hmmm. Several amongst the best and worst are equally competative with one another for each of their respective categories.

BEST: I'm suddenly in "Maul-Mode." Pote Snitkin gives me serious pause. He was such a good figure. My collection couldn't have lived without Maul though - but neither would it have lived without Padme (whom I voted for in that round, though she didn't make the cut-off). Grrrr. I like Wedge too. It'd be plain easier not to vote. I'll go with Episode One Darth Maul though. I love the Tatooine Cinema Scene one like I love Unleashed, but where a figure is concerned, articulation gets the most points I praise.

WORST: Theed Hanger Battle Droid though something is telling me that I think that for what it is, the figure is quite cool. Mini-Nass was alright until the POTJ one came out. He was not a character I found that interesting that I was crying for a resculpt of him. That would rank with demand for the corrected Arvel Crynyd for me. Sebulba was equally pathetic, but I'm not really going to use that figure outside of his podracer, so... Anyway, I don't think I'll be voting for any of these as worst of the line. Who knows though?

El Chuxter
08-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Best: Panaka
Worst: Piece of floppy crap pretending to be Qui-Gon

Best: Sidious
Worst: Pink Bulldog Fetus Sebulba (Podracer)

Bosskman
08-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Best - Pote
Worst - THPBD

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2006, 12:48 PM
BEST - Jawa/Gonk (Commtech)
WORST - Boss Nass (Episode I)

Deoxyribonucleic
08-27-2006, 01:45 PM
That's a pretty crappy "best" list! :yes: But if I must pick... ;)

best = aunt beru

worst = sebulba (a dumb figure for a dumb character)

DarkArtist
08-27-2006, 01:52 PM
worst for me would be the POTF monkey faced Leia
Best for me would be the VOTC Imperial Scout Trooper

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 02:04 PM
You're off by a few years in either direction, DA. :)

TheDarthVader
08-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I feel like the best was Aunt Beru . The worst was defintely the Sebulba figure.

NOW:

Best
Aunt Beru 3 votes
Rune Haako 2 votes
Pote Snitkin 3 votes
Darth Maul (EP1) 2 votes
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) 1 vote
Jawa with Gonk 2 votes
Darth Sidious (EP1) 1 vote

Worst
Boss Nass (EP1) 4 votes
Battle Droid (THP) 6 votes
R2-D2 (EP1) 1 vote
Sebulba (from podracer) 3 votes

Tycho
08-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Dark Artist doesn't understand: we are voting for the best figures and the worst ones, wave by wave, and then having run-offs year by year.

We covered "Monkey Faced Leia" a long while ago. If you vote for her as the worst, you must choose a figure from those original 9 she shipped with for "the best" (from that wave). Right now we are voting on figures that won idividual rounds in their respective waves, for a total champion and total loser from 1999. Next I'm sure we'll cover figures like R2B1 and JarJar with the fish, Sio Bibble etc. but you can't vote for Ephant Mon right then until his 2002 wave comes up a couple of years later (in reviews - weeks in actual time I'm sure).

So DA, you're very welcome to join us - but we've tried to help you figure out what is going on.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I feel like the best was Aunt Beru . The worst was defintely the Sebulba figure.

NOW:

Best
Aunt Beru 3 votes
Rune Haako 2 votes
Pote Snitkin 3 votes
Darth Maul (EP1) 2 votes
Darth Maul (Jedi Duel) 1 vote
Jawa with Gonk 2 votes
Darth Sidious (EP1) 1 vote

Worst
Boss Nass (EP1) 4 votes
Battle Droid (THP) 6 votes
R2-D2 (EP1) 1 vote
Sebulba (from podracer) 3 votes
I think my vote for Darth Maul Jedi Duel is the same as Darth Maul EP1. I just went with the name that is on the figure since these are all EP1 Darth Maul figures. That gives Darth Maul 3 votes.

Jaff
08-28-2006, 08:47 AM
Anouncing the worst figure for 1999:

The best is another story all together. We have a three way tie, and it must be broken before we move on since is the main poll of 1999.

Aunt Beru (Flashback) 3
Rune Haako (Episode I) 2
Pote Snitkin (Slide) 3
Darth Maul (Episode I) 3
Jawa and Gonk Droid (Commtech) 2

So how do we fix this. Usually a runoff would do, but there are still some votes that we are hoping to recieve. So I am going to ask for a call to arms from:
El Chuxter
Mr. Jabba John
Sebillba
Darth Jax
Kidhuman

Each of these pollsters voted for Jawa/Gonk, Sideous, and Rune. Since neither of these picks won the Best, you folks can have the honor of deciding which three figs (Darth Maul, Aunt Beru, or Pote Snitkin) will be called the best of the year. So if you please decide the fate for the BEST of the year.

Kidhuman
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Shoot, put the pressure on me then. I will go with Beru.

Banthaholic
08-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I haven't voted yet, so

Best: Aunt Beru (Flashback)

Worst: Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)

El Chuxter
08-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Of those, Beru.

sebillba
08-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Maul and Pote were both great figures. Beru was fine for what she is, but IMO is far from the best figure of the year. It looks like she's going to win anyway, but for what it's worth, I'll vote for POTE.

Darth Jax
08-28-2006, 07:36 PM
for my run-off vote, i'd pick maul.

TheDarthVader
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
If we count Banthaholics vote, which we should, this is how it looks as of right now:

Aunt Beru (Flashback) 6
Rune Haako (Episode I) 2
Pote Snitkin (Slide) 4
Darth Maul (Episode I) 4

Banthaholic
08-28-2006, 11:16 PM
If we count Banthaholics vote, which we should, this is how it looks as of right now:

Aunt Beru (Flashback) 6
Rune Haako (Episode I) 2
Pote Snitkin (Slide) 4
Darth Maul (Episode I) 4

My vote doesn't count, I demand an investigation ;)

Jaff
08-29-2006, 08:22 AM
No investigation needed Banthaholic, your vote is solid. As of Darth Vader's most recent reports the BEST figure of 1999 is Aunt Beru. So here's what all the results for all the year end figure polls to date

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - ?

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - ?

So how about we begin with the year 2000!

Jaff
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Our next figures to be covered spans a few months of pack ins. Note the bold for what we're voting on. The Podracer Announcers were vastly different from the POTJ versions that would later come out in 2000 as was the Gungan soldier. The Jabba/announcer was fairly hard to come by because many retailers were backing away from vehicles and beast assortments thanks to massive Opee/Kaadu/Naboo Starfighters/Podracers, etc.. sitting on shelves everywhere. The FOA exclusive Faamba, though costly was a fine and rare piece with the first Gungan Soldier ever. The Armored scout tank with the Blue Battle Droid was very common, almost too common. The Jar Jar with Shield was not as common but was a neat item to get because the shield generator fit on the Faamba. The Target Exclusive Skiff with Luke was a rare piece and in demand when it first came out.

1/00 - Jabba the Hutt with Podrace Announcers
Faamba with Gungan Soldier (F.A.O. Shwarz exclusive)
2/00 - Armored Scout Tank with Battle Droid
4/00 - Jar Jar Binks with Shield Generator
Tatooine Skiff with Luke Skywalker (Target exclusive)

Below is the descriptions of the figs for those who might not recall them:

Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Assortment) - The announcers that came with this fig had a very different head sculpt than the other announcers to be released in POTJ. The neck looked like a big U, rather than both necks going straight up.
Gungan Soldier (Faamba) - The Gungan Soldier that came with the Faamba is totally unique. Unlike the POTJ Gungan soldier this soldiers head tails are not covered up. It has green coverings (not brown), and has a belt with a gold emblem across itĎs chest. Itís arm is also posed differently than the other version.
Battle Droid (Armored Scout Tank) - This Battle Droid has an identical body sculpt as the first Episode I Battle Droid with three exceptions. First this fig has no backpack, instead it has a blue insignia on itís back, and it is the BLUE battle droid seen on the bridge of Episode I and III. The final (and most damaging) differance with this figure from the first is that itís arms are locked in a permanant pose. They are bent 90 degrees, and cant be moved at the elbow joints.
Jar Jar Binks (Shield Generator) - This Jar Jar is pretty much the same Jar Jar as I recollect. I didnít buy it because it looked no different, but as I looked through the internet to verify it's differances it seems that apparently this item never existed cause I can't find it. However I saw it on the shelf six years ago! Can someone find a picture of this item and post it on this page for me and those who can't remember what it looked like.
Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Skiff) - This Luke was very much like the Complete Galaxy Luke. It has bendable knee joints, a burn on his right hand to simulate getting shot on the sail barge, and thatís about it.

Jaff
08-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Assortment) - Even before I heard that the podracer announcers were going to be rereleased in the POTJ collection I thought this figure looked terrible. The head sculpt for the head on the right side (I forgot the name) just looked awful.
Gungan Soldier (Faamba) - This Gungan was cool, and still looks great next to the POTJ Gungan Soldiers. Itís nice to have this fig for variety.
Battle Droid (Armored Scout Tank) - Iíll be honest, I really do not like this fig. Why was it never made with the same standard of the other Battle Droids? Still, it is the only Blue battle droid made, and I am impatient for it to be remade since it was in multiple prequel films. Yet, it is the only one made of itís kind and therefore gets some points.
Jar Jar Binks (Shield Generator) - Wow, another Jar Jar. Isnít that great? Actually it is not as it did not really improve on the first fig.
Luke Skywalker (Tatooine Skiff) - This fig was nothing new, and I donít see it special in any way. Itís a been there, done that, and I donít have good or negative feelings about it.

BEST - Gungan Soldier

WORST - Podrace Announcers, just ugly, and that Jabba was worse than them.

pegger
08-29-2006, 09:49 AM
IMO - the Gungan is the only good figure from this selection. The rest is just poodoo.

Best - Gungan

Worst - 2 headed announcer. This is just an awful fig.

El Chuxter
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I've not seen the 2-head announcer in person, but I doubt he'd sway my votes.

Best: Gungan Soldier

Worst: Jar Jar Statue

Darth Jax
08-29-2006, 10:46 AM
gungan soldier was best

not only was the figure horrible, but the two-headed announcer in the movie had more bad lines than even jar jar. worst is two-headed announcer.

Tycho
08-29-2006, 11:06 AM
BEST: Gungan Soldier (they should card this figure and sell him again!)

WORST: JarJar - I didn't like most of these, but JarJar's legs weren't even poseable. He was some "action figure."

Banthaholic
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Best: Gungan Soldier, love this guy
Worst - Tatooine Skiff with Luke Skywalker, didn't really need this one

dindae
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Best - Gungan
Worst - Annoucer the likeness was horrid.

tagmac
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Best: Gungan Soldier

Worst: Blue Battle Droid, for lack of poseability.

I can't vote for the two-headed announcer as worst, because the figure's likeness was actually dead on. However, it was modeled after the early concept sketches of Fode & Beed rather than what was seen in the movie. Being one of the earlier toys from the Ep. 1 line, I'm guessing Hasbro was only given that early likeness to work with when designing the figure. The character as seen in the movie was likely finalized well after the figures had been produced, which was why we got the better, movie accurate version later on.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Best = Luke Skywalker

Worst = Podrace announcers

sebillba
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Best - I only have the Podrace Announcer and Battle Droid from this lot. I'm not that bothered about either, though I'm pleased to have them... the PA is so completely different to the movie version, I like to display them together to show the contrast. But I'll agree with the masses that the GUNGAN is the best, and I'd really like to get one sometime.

Worst - JAR JAR... the last one from this bunch I would ever want.

Kidhuman
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Best - Gungan Soldier

Worst - Announcers

Bosskman
08-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Best - Gungan

Worst - Announcers (although I have never seen them in person and for some sick reason actually WANT to get them ......... maybe I will forumites ......maybe I will .......)

Mad Slanted Powers
08-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Jar Jar Binks (Shield Generator) - This Jar Jar is pretty much the same Jar Jar as I recollect. I didnít buy it because it looked no different, but as I looked through the internet to verify it's differances it seems that apparently this item never existed cause I can't find it. However I saw it on the shelf six years ago! Can someone find a picture of this item and post it on this page for me and those who can't remember what it looked like. Is it this figure (http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIinvgungancannon.asp)? This one is called Gungan Assault cannon with Jar Jar Binks.

BEST - I'll vote for Luke Skywalker. I was just looking at the pictures and it is an okay figure. It has articulated knees, and it is not buff like the earlier POTF2 version. The face and hair aren't the best likeness though.

WORST - Pod Race announcers.

Jaff
08-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Is it this figure (http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIinvgungancannon.asp)? This one is called Gungan Assault cannon with Jar Jar Binks.

BEST - I'll vote for Luke Skywalker. I was just looking at the pictures and it is an okay figure. It has articulated knees, and it is not buff like the earlier POTF2 version. The face and hair aren't the best likeness though.

WORST - Pod Race announcers.

Yes, that is the fig we are voting on. Got it's name messed up. So those wondering what Jar Jar looks like, check out Mad Slants link!

Tycho
08-30-2006, 12:40 AM
A side note: I had inspected that JarJar cannon thing and owned the Faamba and as far as I could tell, that cannon did not clip onto the Faamba. It was almost a complete waste, though I'd be happy if a kid had fun playing with it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Best - Gungan Warrior
Worst - Two-Headed Announcer (it was based on the heads that the voice actors can be seen wearing in some production shots, which is why it looks so bad and different)

TheDarthVader
08-30-2006, 08:00 PM
My vote doesn't count, I demand an investigation ;)

Naw man! I counted your vote and included it in those numbers. I was just letting Jaff know. ;)

MY VOTE Best was Luke Skywalker and worst was two headed announcer .

NOW
Best
Gungan Warrior (soldier) 12 votes
Luke Skywalker 3 votes

Worst
Two Headed Announcer 10 votes
Jar Jar Binks 3 votes
Luke Skywalker 1 vote
Battle Droid 1 vote

Jaff
08-31-2006, 03:39 AM
One of the rarest pieces of the Episode I collection was the Wattoís Box Cinema scene. The three pack still demands high value, and has a figure that is sure to beat out most figures as the Best of 2000: Graxol Kelvyyn. The Wal-Mart exclusive Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi was also fairly rare but did not achieve the same fame or value as Wattoís box.

2/00
Watto (Wattoís Box Three Pack)
Graxol Kelvyyn (Wattoís Box Three Pack)
Shakka (Wattoís Box Three Pack)
Darth Maul (Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi two pack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi two pack)

So which is your best and worst?

Below are descriptions of figures:
Watto - This blue version of Watto came with a chair that the winged dealer could stand on. His wings were folded down to simulate when he is not in flight.
Graxol Kelvyyn - Nothing like this figure has been seen before, and we still have not seen anything like this one. Graxol is the tall alien seen during the podrace who is not far from Willow.
Shakka - This orange Twiílek lady is right by Graxol in a podrace booth.
Darth Maul - Very much like the POTJ version of Darth Maul this figure came with a one sided lightsaber. This figure could also be split in half so the buyer could reenact a splitting moment in SW history.
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Although they still did not have Obi-Wanís likeness right, this Obi was another attempt. The base of his shirt is more ruffled with minute sculpt differences but thatís about it!

Jaff
08-31-2006, 03:41 AM
Watto - Finally a blue Watto. The fig is nice, but not fantastic. I have no complaints about it.
Shakka - Shakka is one of those figs, which I am glad they made, but also one of those figs that I really donít care about. Itís not that I donít like her, but I get a very whatever feeling every time I look at it. Itís not a bad figure though.
Graxol Kelvyyn - Graxol was why you really want this three pack. The fig stands up to any fig today, and is just insanely awesome. His body is a statue, and that goes against him, but his softgoods, and sculpt make him really stand out. Truly a supreme figure.
Darth Maul - Well the fig was O.K., but it was just another Maul to me. The softgoods (episode I) version that came out a month later was three times as good as this fig. It is proof in the pudding that exclusives do not necessarily mean the best!
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Right before POTJ the idea of rehashes was starting to clearly formulate. This Obi-Wan was one of the beginnings of the constant re-tools of figures that had been made before. Sure re-tools had been done in the past, but this was one of three Obi-Wanís released in a six-month period of 2000. For this reason alone this figure was just a standard unnoticeable release to me.

Best - Graxol Kelvyyn, without any challengers

Worst - There really are no bad figures in this group, but if I had to pick one it would have to be Obi-Wan, they just can't seem to get his likeness down right.

sebillba
08-31-2006, 04:15 AM
Best - GRAXOL.... the articulated salt-shaker body is a but weird, but unique. A very striking display figure.

Worst - OBI-WAN... I haven't got this 2-pack, but I've looked at a picture, and it looks a bit cartoony to me.

Kidhuman
08-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Watto best

Obi-Wan worst

&

Darth Jax
08-31-2006, 07:40 AM
best - maul

worst - shakka

pegger
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Best - Graxol

Worst - maul

DarkArtist
08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
best would be graxol
worst is Obi Wan, yet he was at least some improvement over the deluxe Obi Wan with the lightsaber slashing action.

Banthaholic
08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Best: Graxol Kelvyyn
Worst: Obi Wan

Bosskman
08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Best - Graxol
Worst - Obi Wan

Tycho
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
I might actually shock people with my vote here, but I'm picking

BEST: Obi-Wan Kenobi. I like the angry, vengeful expression on his face. No, Hasbro has never quite done Ewan McGreggor perfectly, but until the E3 pilot figure, this one stood out as pretty good - especially for E1 versions of him. In any case, out of any E1 version of Obi-Wan, this one looks the most like Ewan and I appreciate it for that.

Most of the rest of the figures in this assortment were boring, though I liked the Maul. Graxxol was just a stand-out, too-tall figure with strange articulation that seemed to belong to one of those Rubrick's block puzzles. The head was sculpted excellently though.

WORST: Watto - the soft plastic hurt his legs and his stability. It was a good sculpt. Just poor material choice.

El Chuxter
08-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Best: Graxxol
Least best: Obi-Wan

dindae
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Best Graxxol

Worst Obi Wan just beating out Shakka (just too much soft plastic).

tagmac
08-31-2006, 04:54 PM
I'll keep it simple this time.

Best: Graxol Kelvyyn

Worst: Obi-Wan

Mad Slanted Powers
08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
BEST - Graxol Kelvyyn for the sculpt detail.

WORST - Obi-Wan.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-01-2006, 01:40 AM
best = shaaka

worst = maul

Jaff
09-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Egaadds, it’s attack of the re-figures! Our next waves of Episode I figs has many rehashes, remakes, retools and some really hard to find cool figures. The soft good figures were a dime a dozen, but the items we really wanted like TC-14, and Sideous Hologram were next to impossible to find on shelves.

2/00
Episode I: Anakin Skywalker with Cockpit accessories
Episode I: Obi-Wan Kenobi with real hair
Episode I: Darth Maul Sith Lord
Episode I: Darth Sideous Hologram
Episode I: Naboo Royal Guard
Episode I: TC-14
Episode I: R2-B1

So which is your Best and Worst out of these figs?

The descriptions are as follows:
Anakin Skywalker with Cockpit accessories - This Anakin figure was the same fig released in earlier waves with the exception that it came with a Ric Ollie helmet, and a console that you could put in the cockpit of the Naboo starfighter.
Obi-Wan Kenobi with real hair - This Obi fig was the same Obi released in earlier waves. His padawan braid was made to look like real hair though.
Darth Maul Sith Lord - This Darth Maul had a cloth skirt, double bladed lightsaber, and an outstretched arm so you could pose the figure exactly how Maul appeared when he lit both tips of his lightsaber.
Darth Sideous Hologram - This figure was the same Darth Sideous figure, only it is a hologram.
Naboo Royal Guard - This fig is the only figure in these waves that is not a retool, remake or repaint. This is the Naboo guard with a helmet that appears at attention in Amidala’s courtroom at the beginning of Episode I. It is also seen in combat during the Battle of Naboo.
TC-14 - This C-3PO remake had retooled arms and a new silver paint job. It came with a tray and was quite a rare fig to find.
R2-B1 - This repaint of the original 1995 POTF R2-D2 was blue. The droid was seen in Amidala's starship during their escape and came with a ship harness.

Jaff
09-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Anakin Skywalker with Cockpit accessories - This was perhaps the most unnecessary rehash ever made by Hasbro to date. Not only was the Anakin figure the exact same fig we saw before, but even the helmet that came with the fig was Ric Ollies. The only noteworthy thing about this fig was that it came with a console that you could put in the cockpit of the fig
Obi-Wan Kenobi with real hair - Wow, an Obi-Wan with hair. Now that Iíve shown that Iím almost excited by the making of this figure let me go to the next figure....
Darth Maul Sith Lord - This is the definitive non-Tatooine Maul to date. The pose, and sculpting is very nice indeed. I am the type of person that buys almost every retool, remake, or repaint, and I have to say this was one of the best remakes from Hasbro.
Darth Sideous Hologram - I really like this fig. I liked it so much I have a packaged version on my wall. The only problem is itís now just one of the first holograms in a trend that is now growing very old.
Naboo Royal Guard - The Nabie guard looks great as long as you keep him in his aiming pose. However, for most of Episode I and Episode II the guards are in neutral poses. I know someday they will remake this guard, and it will be doubly cool. I donít mind this fig, but it would have been awesome if it was not a statue.
TC-14 - Many of us are just biased to loving droids, and TC-14 certainly is a droid worth being biased towards. The fig just looks wonderful, and can even pass for U-3PO, which appears at the beginning of Episode IV on the Tantive IV. With or without its tray it looks great.
R2-B1 - Iím glad they made this astro because I want all of them made. Still itís just another astro. They didnít use the best astro body though, and that goes against the fig a little.

In the end there really is no bad figure in this bunch.

BEST - Itís a toss up between TC-14, and Darth Maul. I love both of these figs very much, and I try to display them both every chance I get when I rotate my display room. Although I want to say TC-14, I have to go with Darth Maul. This figure just looks Bad#@%!

WORST - Well Anakin is not a terrible figure, but there was no reason to make it. For sheer waste of potential I will condemn this fig to the worst pile.

tagmac
09-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Best: TC-14 - it was just an awesome-looking figure.

Worst: Obi-Wan w/ real hair braid - the fact that you could attatch the console to the ship gives Anakin a slight edge above Kenobi here, although I agree that it was unneccessary.

El Chuxter
09-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Best: Maul. Scene-specific, but what a scene!

Worst: Obi-Wan. They had a lot of trouble getting this character down, and still haven't really pulled it off.

Darth Jax
09-02-2006, 11:34 AM
best - maul, i love the pose.

worst - yet another ani

TheDarthVader
09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I am voting best for Graxol and TC-14 while the worst are Obi Wan (vs maul) and Obi Wan w/ real hair.

NOW
Best
Darth Maul Sith Lord 3 votes
TC-14 2 votes

Worst
Anakin Skywalker Pilot 2 votes
Obi Wan w/ real hair 3 votes

PREVIOUS
Best
****Graxol Kelvyyn 10 votes THE BEST!
Watto 1 vote
Darth Maul 1 vote
Obi Wan Kenobi 1 vote
Shaaka 1 vote

Worst
****Obi Wan Kenobi 10 votes THE WORST!
Shaaka 1 vote
Darth Maul 2 votes
Watto 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
****Gungan Warrior (soldier) 12 votes THE BEST!
Luke Skywalker 3 votes

Worst
****Two Headed Announcer 10 votes THE WORST!
Jar Jar Binks 3 votes
Luke Skywalker 1 vote
Battle Droid 1 vote

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mad Slanted Powers
09-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Obi-Wan is not like the previous releases. This one has no elbow articulation.

Anakin is nothing special without the accessories.

Naboo Royal Guard is good but limited in pose.

Darth Sidious Holograph is basically the same as the regular version.

R2-B1 is great, but I prefer to have astro droids to have the third leg.

I only just now figured out how to pose Darth Maul (though I've only had him open for a couple weeks). I have to turn him sideways. Other than that, he is very limited.

I guess that leaves TC-14. A pretty simple figure, but it looks nice.

BEST - TC-14
WORST - Obi-Wan

pegger
09-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Just to be different...

Best: Holo Sidious. This is IMO the best holo fig done to date, and it started the holo thing (which I happen to love...I don't know why)

Worst: I gotta go with Obi Wan.

sebillba
09-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Best - none of these really excite me, but TC-14 is the nicest figure of the bunch.

Worst - ANAKIN - the only one of these I passed on.

Tycho
09-02-2006, 01:40 PM
BEST: Naboo Royal Guard - I love removeable helmets on figures. He does pose like he's doing a sidestep shuffle when he's not aiming in combat, but there are scenes in the movie where he might have been doing a sidestep shuffle anyway. I imagine the guards got bored frequently standing in the throne room listening to the Naboo leaders bicker about the Trade Federation so they had to do something to keep themselves entertained. I imagine they were always dancing, just off screen. ;) But seriously, I really do like this figure and as Jaff pointed out:
This fig is the only figure in these waves that is not a retool, remake or repaint. I found it necessary to make deals with online stores to help me get 35 of these rare figures for my army building (I even used several in pairs to be saved to defend Padme Pilot and Typho during the landing pad attack at the start of AOTC). So I like this one!

WORST: Obi-Wan with braid - it's the likeness issue again. The softgoods might've come out first actually, so the figures could sit in the vehicles. That's what they're good for. Kids remember the movie and buy a lot of the toys either early on, with the Midnite Madness craze, or at Christmas time. The figures did sneak out in time for Christmas 99, though I'm sure Jaff is using Hasbro's official release dates (for when the figures are common in retail stores). Then we all would have been crazed to buy the "SA Jedi Duel all-plastic versions" of the characters later. But the softgoods didn't really work so hot either. However, you need Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to be able to sit in the Queen's Royal Starship, and for kids' imaginative play purposes, the N-1, the Flash Speeder, etc. The hard plastic skirts of the Jedi Duel figures prevent this from working well. It's hard to say how Hasbro should have released the softgoods, and when. Also JarJar and Panaka should have been given this treatment, too. I think Ascension Gun Padme was - but I didn't really need her, thus never bought her. Anakin's "skirt" was short enough that it never mattered.

I don't know what should have been done here. BOTH VERSIONS (soft and better-looking hard) were needed actually. It was the timing.

BTW: I agree that R2-B1 and Holo Sidious are great figures. Additionally, TC-14 can not only be used as U-3PO (Tantive IV) but as E-3PO (Cloud City). I found a few through dedicated hunting efforts and made good use of her.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Best = TC-14

Worst = Anakin

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Last time:
Best - Graxol Kelvyyn
Worst - Obi-Wan (Final Duel)

This time:
Best - Holographic Sidious
Worst - Chubby Cheeks Anakin

dindae
09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Best TC-14
Worst Obi

Kidhuman
09-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Worst Anakin

Best Sideous holo

Bosskman
09-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Best - TC-14
Worst - Obi Wan

BTW R2-B1 is NOT a re-colored 95 R2. He has no third leg.

Jaff
09-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Just to be different...

Best: Holo Sidious. This is IMO the best holo fig done to date, and it started the holo thing (which I happen to love...I don't know why)

Worst: I gotta go with Obi Wan.

Your right on the money about Sidious pegger. I love this holo fig and it is the best of any holo figure ever made. One way I love to display this fig is use the Sneak Preview Grievous in a semi-knealing pose beneath this fig. It just looks awesome. The holo figures that came out later just looked weak, especially the new ones. They are too blue!

Best - TC-14
Worst - Obi Wan

BTW R2-B1 is NOT a re-colored 95 R2. He has no third leg.

Ooops, what I meant was the 1998 version R2 with tools. They used this version but without the periscope and tools.

Jaff
09-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Some rare and very popular figures are up for the voting now. R2-D2 with hologram was one hard fig to come by in 2000. Fetching $30 a pop, this fig was surely something to nab. The same went for Motti and Leia which were both never seen before sculpts just like the Darth and Stormtrooper, which today is still the definitive Stormtrooper ever made next to the VOTC version.

1/00
R2-D2 with Hologram Leia
Stormtrooper (2nd sculpt)
3/00
Darth Vader with Interogation Droid
Princess Leia with Hood
Admiral Motti

So which is your best and worst?

I am sure everyone knows Motti, and R2-D2 with hologram Liea, so I wont describe these.
Stormie - is the same stormtooper that we have seen for years rereleased (OTC, reetooled for sandtroopers) Just recently the VOTC stormtrooper replaced this version.
Princess Leia with Hood is a representation of the scene where Leia is kneeling over R2 in Episode IV as C-3PO walks in the room. Her head is hooded and she has a softgoods dress.
Darth Vader with Interogation Droid - This Darth should be easily recognized for it's softgoods cape, and the Vader has his arms resting on his chest.

Jaff
09-04-2006, 09:16 AM
First off every figure listed here is just about perfect for me upon their release, so all of them are winners right out the gate. Each one has a reason to pick it as the best.

R2-D2 with Hologram Leia - At the time this R2 was beyond expectations. It was perfect. It had a restraining bolt, retractible leg. The droids feet were movable, and it's legs were quite detailed. That being said, today it has been ousted. The recent VOTC R2 with wires on it's feet, and further detail is a much better version, but this one is cool for nostalgia reasons.
Stormtrooper (2nd sculpt) - This stormtooper still looks good even next to the VOTC version. It could have used more articulation, but it really doesn't matter when you have an army of them. I have at least twenty of these dudes, and wouldn't trade one of them. Overall nice fig.
Darth Vader with Interogation Droid - This is one of my favorite Darths. He is taller than the earlier versions, and his cape folds around his arms quite nicely. The brest plate is black for Episode IV, unlike silver and black in later films. In dios I love putting a black dressed imp officer with a bunch of Rebel fleet trooper prisoners being gathered behind them.
Princess Leia with Hood - Well the face for this Leia was a little off, but the fig was more to scale and although scene specific was very nice.
Admiral Motti - MOTTI, MOTTI, MOTTI, do you need any other reasons to jump for joy. I'll give you another, the dude can hold his throat as if he's chocking, and you can lower his arm as well. On the downside if you lower his arm his joint stands out something awful.

BEST - All of them....Stormie's great, but he's a common re-released figure these days, so he looses points. I gotta say Motti because I'm still so glad they made this one and he looks good. I just can't believe there going to make the whole death star briefing command!

WORST - None....alright I'll pick one......Leia, just because of her face, but she's still too cool for school. Don't condemn me, but I was going to pick R2 because he is now outdated.

Rogue II
09-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Best- Vader.

Worst - Admiral Motti, because of his elbow joint. I know they all have their flaws, but...

sebillba
09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Best - All but one of these characters have been done to death, and all been improved on since - the only exception being Motti, but I can't vote for him because that elbow joint really lets him down. If I have to pick one, I think I'll go for R2.

Worst - the weakest figure of a good bunch for me is LEIA.

pegger
09-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Best - I gotta go with Motti as well. The lack of poseability (is that a word?) is a problem, but considering the guy is best known for the one pose the fig can do, is OK by me.

Worst....er....ummm....well....I'll go with Vader...only because I think this was the only release where he came without a lightsaber.

Tycho
09-04-2006, 09:58 AM
BEST: Motti. They needed to make a new Imperial Officer around this time, because as of this point, I think we only had 1997's Tarkin, 1998's Admiral Piett and Death Star Trooper, and that's all I think. The black uniformed guy was 2001 POTJ, and Veers, Jerjerrod, the whole Death Star Confrerence scene group, et all are much more recent. So I was excited to get Motti.

WORST: Leia - and she deserves it. I couldn't bring myself to buy this figure. The soft goods lower half of her dress doesn't match the coloring of her plastic upper body, which simulates the top half of her same dress! The softgoods Leia Collection Senator figure was the way to do this figure, and had that figure's hood been able to be accurately displayed in the "up position," she'd have been perfect (in 1998). This new version sucked, just completely sucked.

R2, the Stormtrooper, Vader, etc. were all fine for what they were (but nothing really new).

dindae
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Best - going with the stormtrooper. While the VOTC version is an imporvement this was the first SA trooper and it was a darn fine figure.

Worst - Vader not really a bad figure but someone had to loose.

Slicker
09-04-2006, 10:53 AM
This is definitely a tough one. They were all quie ahead of there time in terms of looks, detail, and accessories. I'll try though...

Best - I'm going with Vader for the main fact that he came with the interrogation droid. Great looking figure made all that much better by great accessories.

Worst - Leia. Still a great figure but they've never been able to get her likeness down to a science.

DarkArtist
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Best for me would be the Vader- this was the first time we really got a neutral pose Vader and soft good cloak.

Worst ???????? It's a toss up between the Stormie, I know why is that possible, well let me explain. After running the figure under the cold and hot water routine to get the battle damage blast effect the stormtrooper, or at least mine stayed that way. My second choice since this looks to be the Comm-Tech wave of figures would be Greedo, although I'm not sure if he was listed or not.

tagmac
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Best: Admiral Motti. I loved the detail, and the position of the hand to make it look like he is choking.

Worst: Pricess Leia. Not a bad figure, but the bad likeness really hurt this one.

Never did see either of these in stores. Along with R2, I had the resort to a dealer to get these. This is one of the few times (the first EU wave included) where I don't regret overspending, as I'd have never found these otherwise.

El Chuxter
09-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Best: Motti, even if there's not much to do with him.

Least best: Leia, mainly for the paint used on her face.

Bosskman
09-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Best - Motti
Worst - Leia

Mad Slanted Powers
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM
These are all pretty good figures. I prefer this R2 over the VOTC version because I prefer the retractable middle leg over wire detail. Darth Vader is good for that scene, but the arm are kind of limited the way they are. Motti is a good sculpt. With today's articulation, they could do that elbow joint better. The Stormtrooper is great with all the articulation. I just don't like the way his legs are posed with his feet pointing out. Unlike everyone else, I really like this Leia. The likeness is better than the previous versions. I like the way she looks with the hood up, and the soft goods on the bottom is nice. The Princess Leia collection had too much soft goods making her all bunched up. Still, the articulation is limited and she can't hold her gun.

BEST - Stormtrooper
WORST - Darth Vader

sebillba
09-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I prefer this R2 over the VOTC version because I prefer the retractable middle leg over wire detail.

The VOTC R2 didn't have a retractable leg?? (I didn't bother getting mine out to check) If that's the case, this one is definitely the definitive R2 in my book, so I'm glad I voted it best of the batch.

Kidhuman
09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Best - Vader

Worst Leia&&&

Mad Slanted Powers
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
The VOTC R2 didn't have a retractable leg?? (I didn't bother getting mine out to check) If that's the case, this one is definitely the definitive R2 in my book, so I'm glad I voted it best of the batch.

No, both the VOTC and the early bird R2 had a removeable 3rd leg, but not retractable. They also had wheels whereas the Commtech one does not. They also had chrome domes while the Commtech one has more of the brushed steel look. I know there are some here who appreciate that as the chrome is not movie accurate. I think the only difference between the early bird and the VOTC is that the early bird didn't have the tools.

Darth Jax
09-04-2006, 11:43 PM
best - they're all quite nice, but i'd go with motti for his pose.

worst - vader.

Banthaholic
09-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Best: TC-14
Worst: Anakin

Best:Princess Leia with Hood
Worst: Vader

TheDarthVader
09-05-2006, 06:37 PM
The best is the Darth Vader while the worst is Princess Leia.

NOW
Best
Admiral Motti 7 votes
Darth Vader 5 votes
R2-D2 w/ holo leia 1 vote
Stormtrooper 2 votes
Princess Leia 1 vote

Worst
Princess Leia 9 votes
Admiral Motti 1 vote
Darth Vader 5 votes
Stormtrooper 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
Darth Maul Sith Lord 3 votes
****TC-14 8 votes THE BEST AND SHINNIEST OF THE WAVE!
Holographic Sidious 3 votes
Naboo Royal Guard 1 vote

Worst
Anakin Skywalker Pilot 7 votes
****Obi Wan w/ real hair 8 votes THE WORST OF THIS WAVE!

Jaff
09-06-2006, 03:58 AM
Well it's time for the final waves of Episode I blister figures, and a figure I should have put on the last poll, but nobody's perfect. Once again the figures that were not rehashes/resculpts or retools were hard to find. The Sio Bibble Wave were nowhere to be seen, and the same could be said for Swimming Jar Jar. Wuhur the Bartender was not that hard to get a hold of, and was the last commtech to be released.

3/00
Swimming Jar Jar Binks
Qui-Gon Jinn (2nd sculpt)
Destroyer Droid with Battle Damage
Wuhur the Bartender (Star Wars Fan Club exclusive)
4/00
Sio Bibble
Pit Droid 2-Pack
Queen Amidalla in Battle gear

So which is your worst and best?

The Qui-Gon released in this wave was the softgoods version, and the swimming Jar Jar (if you have never seen one) came with a fish. The Queen Amidalla was a softgoods version of the original crimson outfited Amidalla seen during the battle of naboo.

Jaff
09-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Swimming Jar Jar Binks - I passed up this figure when I saw it at my local Wal-Mart, only to pay $30 for it about two years ago. At first glance the fig looks ordinary, but then when looking at it you can see that the detail is much better. The fig also just looks better than the rest. It's the best Jar Jar to date.
Qui-Gon Jinn (2nd sculpt) - Softgoods, who cares. This fig is no improvement over any Quigy, and was worth ignoring back in the day. I wish they would just resculpt Quigy and get it right. They did perfect evolution versions of Anakin. I wish they would do a Qui-Gon of such magnitude.
Destroyer Droid with Battle Damage - Whooptie dooo Bazel, what does it all mean? Well just another battle droid with battle scarring. Nuff said on this one.
Wuhur the Bartender (Star Wars Fan Club exclusive) - Finally Wuher. I didn't care if the fig had a cup permenantly attatched to his hand, he still looked great in any cantina scene, and today he still looks great in my opinion.
Sio Bibble - The only ligitamate new figure released in stores of these waves was a hard fig to find. He was also a cool figure. Even today he can stand with the rest. A great fig.
Pit Droid 2-Pack - I was never impressed with this set. They have a hard time standing, and the only thing they are good for is diorama usage. Don't get me wrong I'm for that, and someday there will be a ton of mos espa figures to make more dios in the future, but to me these were nothing special.
Queen Amidalla in Battle gear - When I first saw this figure in 2000 I thought: "It's just another Ami, I got the original and it's good enough!" Last christmas my wife bought this fig for $45.00. Boy do I feel stupid. This fig outclasses the first Ami by a longshot, and her softgoods skirt looks very good. This was a costly error in judgement, but she is a fig worth having, even if it is $45.

BEST - I'm gonna pick Amidalla. Yeah I love Wuher, and Sio, but this Amidalla sure does look good.
WORST - Qui-Gonn: Yuck!

sebillba
09-06-2006, 05:34 AM
Dammit Jaff! I was quite content to have just the original Amidala, and ignore this one, but now it looks like I'll have to search out this ascension guns version. I am really enjoying this poll, but it's costing me a lot of money as I keep finding more gaps I need to fill in!!

I'll vote later, when I get home and have another look at the other figures.

Tycho
09-06-2006, 06:27 AM
There were some details you left out: I think the destroyer droid had an "exploding feature," which basically meant that at a touch of a button, it fell in half. Yeah. Thrilling.

Most of this stuff was not really exciting. Sio Bibble was great to get however, and I bought a lot of him.

I didn't have any use for Queen Amidala Ascension Gun. I'll take your word for it that it was a good figure. I passed on this one many, many times. Whenever the first figures went on sale, I had a list of all the diorama scenes I needed Padme in that outfit for, and I bought those figures immediately. I didn't see a need to replace her for any scene and I don't regret it yet.

I did think I bought the swimming JarJar specifically for the swimming to Otah Gunga scene, but that was the only time I picked him up. I needed a lot of Kaadus for my Battle for Naboo scene and guards in Otah Gunga and at the Sacred Place. I used Warriors and Tarpals as riders often - but I got my JarJar figures that way and only bought carded versions of him to fill in where I didn't already have a Kaadu riding JarJar to cover the scene (I liked that figure of JarJar anyway). But I later added 3 "tongue out" JarJars for scenes where his tongue hung out.

Qui-Gon softgoods was useful for the Royal Starship and to this day I'm saving one for the Gungan Sub if Hasbro ever makes one. I also use him for a pose when Darth Maul slays him and when he says farewell to Obi-Wan as he dies from his wound. Heck, I needed like 30 Qui-Gons to do TPM so I might as well have had different sculpts to buy (as much as I hate resculpts). This doesn't contradict my view of Queen Amidala - I didn't like the figure that much and I only needed probably 7 or less of her in that outfit anyway.

Wuher was a triumph for the fans and the most integral element of any diorama you could make with any of these figures we're discussing in this group. I think Wuher was one of the first figures that internet fan demand forced out of Hasbro in the way that Porkins came about and now how The Ice Cream Maker Guy is being rallied for. (And why I'm all for Nyrat Agira). I mean we had some hard to believe obscurities or at least previously ignored figures made that KENNER had passed on in the '80's (Tarkin, Wedge, Slave Leia) and new ones Hasbro surprised us with on their own (Pote Snitkin, Ishi Tibb, Lak Sivrak), but Wuher was really a fan triumph - as I don't think Hasbro really wanted to do "a sweaty, fat guy serving alcohol."

BEST: Wuher!

WORST: Queen Amidala if only because it was the most useless to me.

Bosskman
09-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Best - Wuher
Worst - Amidala (don't like her face and neck)

Kidhuman
09-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Best - Sio

Worst Queen

Darth Jax
09-06-2006, 08:24 AM
best - any bartender that would use greedo for a drink gets my vote - Wuher

worst - qui gon

dindae
09-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Best Sio
Worst I'm gonna go against the grain here and say Wuher mainly because of the glass molded into the hand. While I was happy to get the character at all I don't feel the figure was all that great.

El Chuxter
09-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I never saw four of these at retail, and only have the Pit Droids and Sio Bibble now out of the goodness of another forumite's heart. Is it fair for me to vote without all the facts?

If so:

Best: Sio
Worst: Droideka

pbarnard
09-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Like a lot of people, never really saw the full wave.

Best: Pit Droids. Those of us in the US were craving for those Euro pack ins. This sort of satiated us, and with the deleted scenes/extended pod race on DVD, who doesn't love the 3 Stooges of Oody Mandrel? Found this one in a store unbelievably.

Worst: Wuhur. The only other figure I ever found of this said wave and that's because you could get plenty online. The molded cup, the not quite right paint color, face is a little strange.

Banthaholic
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Best: Wuhur
Worst: Qui Gon

sebillba
09-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Best - WUHER

Worst - AMIDALA (I've looked at pictures of her, and still don't feel I'm missing much)

tagmac
09-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Best: Wuher

Worst: Qui-Gon Jinn

Mad Slanted Powers
09-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Well, you done gone and made me want to open the rest of these. I just opened Amidala, Jar Jar and Wuher. The others were all opened a week or two ago.

I don't like Qui-Gon. With his arms down, it reminds me of Hans and Franz. The Pit Droids aren't great either. One is in a walking pose to be able to stand. The other can't stand while holding that big tool.

Jar Jar doesn't look too bad standing, but he looks better swimming. This is kind of hard to do unless you put him in water.

Destroyer Droid is pretty much the same as the original. I think it actually looks a bit better.

Great to get Wuher. The sculpted cup is a minus, the droid detector accessory is a plus. It's a decent likeness, but a pretty simple figure.

Similarly, Sio Bibble is another decent likeness of a pudgy guy, but still a pretty basic figure. More colorful than Wuher, and perhaps a bit more detail.

Amidala is a pretty good figure. The soft goods are decent. Her stance isn't as wide as the original. Her hands come together to aim the ascension gun upwards.

BEST - Amidala
WORST - Pit Droids

Jaff
09-07-2006, 04:13 AM
Dammit Jaff! I was quite content to have just the original Amidala, and ignore this one, but now it looks like I'll have to search out this ascension guns version. I am really enjoying this poll, but it's costing me a lot of money as I keep finding more gaps I need to fill in!!

I'll vote later, when I get home and have another look at the other figures.

It's such an expensive hobby!:twisted:

By the way did I mention her head moves up and down!:twisted:

TheDarthVader
09-08-2006, 12:00 AM
We have some close races. Here are my votes: best is Sio Bibble and worst is Qui Gon Jinn.

NOW
Best
Padme Amidala w/ acension gun 2 votes
Wuher 6 votes
Sio Bibble 4 votes
Pit Droids 1 vote

Worst
Qui Gon Jinn 5 votes
Padme Amidala w/ acension gun 4 votes
Wuher 2 votes
Destroyer Droid 1 vote
Pit Droids 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
****Admiral Motti 7 votes GOTTA GIVE THE NOD TO THE ADMIRAL! HE WINS
Darth Vader 5 votes
R2-D2 w/ holo leia 1 vote
Stormtrooper 2 votes
Princess Leia 1 vote

Worst
****Princess Leia 9 votes SHE WINS! SHE IS THE WORST!
Admiral Motti 1 vote
Darth Vader 5 votes
Stormtrooper 1 vote

Jaff
09-08-2006, 03:13 AM
One of the most difficult pieces to get a hold of in the United States is the Eopie and Qui-Gon beast assortment. Running for $100 apiece normally today it is definitely one of the best beast assortments from Episode I. Another rarity was the FAO Schwarz Darth Maul with Sith Speeder game. It was rumored to have a production run of 450, but is most likely untrue since it was probably sold oversees. Whatever the case it is impossible to get a hold of. The Masters of the Dark side 2-pack was also a rarity. Only found at Wal-Marts it was a prize to be obtained if not for the uniqueness of the Darth figures inside! Since itís release it has tripled in value.

6/00
Qui-Gon Jinn Tatooine (Eopie: exclusive outside U.S.)

8/00
Y-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing Fighter: Target exclusive)

9/00
Darth Maul (Sith Speeder hand held game: F.A.O. Schwarz exclusive)

10/00
Dart Maul (Masters of the Dark Side two pack)
Darth Vader (Masters of the Dark Side two pack)

So which is your best and worst out of this lot?

Qui-Gon Jinn (Eopie) - This Quigy had soft goods and very spread legs to sit on the Eopie. The figure did not look that bad, but once again the likeness was not that great.
Y-Wing Pilot - This white Nien Numb pilot was the exact same fig as the previously released Sullustian Pilot that came in the Rebel Pilots three pack. This fig however had less paint detail than the first version.
Darth Maul (Sith Speeder game) - This ultra rare figure is the same Maul that came on his Speeder Bike and has a brighter red face and dirt detail at the bottom of his robes. I saw this once, but good luck finding a picture of this on the internet. Itís so rare it doesnít even seem to exist.
Darth Maul (Masters of the Darkside 2-pack) - This Darth Maul was essentially a part replica of the soft goods Darth Maul. The lower body was no longer softgoods, and the arms could pose as if he was ready to engage Quigy and Obi. Follow the link below for picture of this two pack.
Darth Vader (Masters of the Dark Side 2-pack) - This soft goods Vader was quite unique. Follow the link the picture detail included with this post.

http://www.rebelscum.com/potjvadermaulmods.asp

Jaff
09-08-2006, 03:15 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn Tatooine (Eopie: exclusive outside U.S.) - I have this beast assortment and I love the Eopie. I could do without this Qui-Gon though. He is strictly a sit on Eopie figure. His usefullness is nulified the moment you remove him from the beast.
Y-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing Fighter: Target exclusive) - This figure is nothing but a poorly painted rehash. Nuf said.
Darth Maul (Sith Speeder hand held game: F.A.O. Schwarz exclusive) - The rarity of the fig makes it cool, but itís a fig we saw before and despite the dusty detail it just doesnít look that great.
Dart Maul (Masters of the Dark Side two pack) - This is a nice Maul. It looks good in any pose, even though it is just another rehash of sorts.
Darth Vader (Masters of the Dark Side two pack) - I have always liked this Darth, and I have no reservations saying that this is the best of the lot.

BEST - Darth Vader (Masters of the Dark Side two pack)

WORST - Y-Wing Pilot, what a waste of a figure. Why on earth did they throw this fig in with the Y-Wing?

Tycho
09-08-2006, 03:37 AM
I should almost not vote on this wave. I have none of these figures and really didn't want any except for the Eopie (for the animal itself). That's going to influence me, as I needed Qui-Gon indirectly.

BEST: Qui-Gon

WORST: Y-wing Pilot (from the description. Now I thought the Y-wing was released with Gold Leader? Perhaps you mean to be discussing the B-wing Pilot? I'll have to revote if that's the case, as I like the idea of the B-wing including an alien pilot, as the Rebel Alliance was hardly made up of all humans.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Best = Darth Vader

Worst = Qui Gon (Hasbro has yet to make a good qui gon figure)

sebillba
09-08-2006, 04:31 AM
I don't have any of these, so will have to sit this one out.

However, if you mean the exclusive X-Wing Pilot (human) that came with the Y-Wing, and not the rehashed Ten Numb that came with the B-Wing, then I do have that figure, so I will vote for that one as best, since it's the only one I've got.

And for the record, I have never seen the Eopie set, and am sure it never hit retail in Britain either.

El Chuxter
09-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Vader is the best, based only upon the re-releases. I never saw the original.

Y-Wing Pilot I did see, and he sucked donkeys.

Kidhuman
09-08-2006, 07:12 AM
I have 0 of these figures so no votes for me &

pegger
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
So best: - Vader. (but only cause I have to pick a best)

Wortst - Qui Gon.

Darth Jax
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
best - vader

worst - y wing

(although i've never seen the maul or qui gon).

Tycho
09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Y-Wing Pilot - This white Nien Numb pilot was the exact same fig as the previously released Sullustian Pilot that came in the Rebel Pilots three pack. This fig however had less paint detail than the first version.

JAFF please come back and clarify this. I don't ever remember the Y-wing coming with a Sullustan.

You may mean the B-wing fighter or you might be referring to a Gold Leader human-type pilot that I recall coming with the Y-wing. A lot of us are confused. Please help us.

Banthaholic
09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Best: Dart Maul (Masters of the Dark Side two pack)
Worst Qui Gon

tagmac
09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I never got any of these but the Y-Wing, and everyone is right. Ten Numb came with the B-wing (although I don't remember the Y-Wing coming with a pilot). therefore, I'm voting based on pictures alone.

Best: Darth Vader
Worst: Qui-Gon (I was in Europe a few years ago and looked for this in a hobby shop. No such luck, but I did walk away with the rare Qui-Gon on the spinning base - can't remember what they were called, but I only found Obi-Wan and Maul here in the States from the Ep. 1 trio).

Darth Jax
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
i didn't remember which vehicle he came with (cause at the time i wasn't purchasing much because of school). i just remember the figure not being all that impressive. if was a pack-in with the b-wing i definitely would've passed on picking it up.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Best - Darth Maul from the two pack
Worst - Rebel Pilot from Y-Wing

Here is a link to the Y-Wing - http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2ywing.asp. It is a human rebel pilot.

Tycho
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Right: here's the Sollustan Pilot with the B-wing.

http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbwing.asp

This ship came out in 2001 (The B-wing Fighter).

The Y-wing Fighter came out in 2000 with the human pilot Mad Slanted Powers posted a picture of.

My vote stands as I dislike the human Y-wing pilot, and I suspect that this is where we are at in Jaff's polls, chronologically speaking (as we're just starting year 2000)

Now I'll discuss what was wrong with the human pilot that came with the Y-Wing:

- generic pilot body they've been using since the Biggs Darklighter figure (see Rebelscum's picture of all the pilots to date)

- No removeable helmet

- I'd have to watch the movie again, but I think this is the wrong helmet and colors for Gold Leader.

In ANH there were 3 Y-Wing Pilots focused on: Tyree, Dutch, and Gold Leader. We know from Gold Leader's line:

"Lost Tyree, Dutch. They came from behind!"

There's some controversy on whether there was a pilot named Hutch, or if Dutch just sounded like that.

Anyway, Dutch Vandor got a figure of his own in 2004 I believe as part of the end to the Saga1 line right before OTC started.

I sense the urge to write a "Tycho's List" now:

1978-1979: Kenner Star Wars
1980-1982: Kenner Empire Strikes Back
1983-1984: Kenner Return of the Jedi
1985: Kenner Power of the Force

1995 - 1998: Hasbro Power of the Force 2 (red, green, green holo, freezeframe, EU, flashback)
1996: Hasbro Shadows of the Empire
1999-2000: Hasbro Episode One
2001: Hasbro Power of the Jedi
2002: Hasbro: Attack of the Clones
2003: Hasbro Saga 1
2004: Hasbro POTC and OTC
2005: Hasbro Revenge of the Sith
2006: Hasbro Saga 2
2007: Hasbro Star Wars 30th Anniversary Collection

Jaff
09-09-2006, 06:55 AM
JAFF please come back and clarify this. I don't ever remember the Y-wing coming with a Sullustan.

You may mean the B-wing fighter or you might be referring to a Gold Leader human-type pilot that I recall coming with the Y-wing. A lot of us are confused. Please help us.

Yeah, yeah, I know I got em mixed up. For some reason I always mix up the B-wing and the Y-wing even though the Y-Wing looks like a Y. I meant to list the Y-Wing, but for the sake of the poll we will just use the B-Wing with pilot as the listing since many already voted based on my discription. The Y-Wing with generic crap x-wing pilot will be re-listed at a later date.

For those wanting a picture of the fig use Tycho's link above. Mad slant if you could re-vote based on my mess up we will be right on track. Ooops and then some. Maybe this will help me remember the B-wing vs. the Y-wing next time!

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Okay, Qui-Gon is the worst then

Tycho
09-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll have to REVOTE then Jaff - as I love the fact that the B-wing came with an alien pilot (as much as I want Hasbro to eventually modernize the KENNER human B-wing pilot - and card him).

BEST: Qui-Gon from Eopie (remains the same as the only figure from this group I want - if at least for the Eopie).

WORST: Darth Maul from the handheld game - I'm about sick of Darth Maul figures and don't really pay attention when they release more. I doubt there is anything that can compel me to buy one.

JimJamBonds
09-09-2006, 02:23 PM
If I weren't so lazy I'd find the actual thread where this was said....

Tarfull is arefull.

I'll never forget that one! :D

Jaff
09-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Gotta post a day early because once again I will be out of town for a few days. I will post next on Wednesday afternoon. Finally the POTJ waves were released in August 2000, and the wait was worth it. It was not long that POTJ was lofted to become one of the greatest collections ever made. Even better Hasbroís distribution was top notch for these figs. If you wanted any of them at any time they were not hard to find except for a few figures.

8/00
Chewbacca with Dejarik Game
Tuskin Raider
Mas Ameda
Battle Droid ďSecurityĒ
Corcuscant Guard
Obi-Wan Kenobi ďJediĒ
R2-D2 Naboo Escape
Anakin Skywalker Mechanic with Pit Droid
Darth Maul Final Duel

So which is your Best and Worst out of these figs?

Check out the links to see the figs for those who donít remember or have never seen them.

R2-D2 (Naboo)

http://www.rebelscum.com/potjr2nabooesc.asp (http://www.rebelscum.com/potjr2nabooesc.asp)
Darth Maul Final Duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjmaultheed.asp
Obi-Wan Jedi
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjobiwanjedi.asp
Anakin Mechanic
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjanakinmech.asp
Chewie
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjchewbaccachess.asp
Battle Droid Red
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjsecdroid.asp
Mas Amedda
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjmasamedda.asp
Senate Guard
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjcoruscantgrd.asp
Tuskin
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjtuskenraider.asp

Jaff
09-09-2006, 03:39 PM
As you can tell I'm trying to utilize links to pictures for all the figs on the poll so it will be easier for many of you to know immediately what figs are what, especially after the B-Wing, Y-Wing confusion, last poll. With that said I think it will make everything easier.

Chewbacca with Dejarik Game - This Chewbacca was basically a statue that sat at the Dejarik table it came with. The fig was O.K., but in time was very dated because it was not to scale and its face was a bit awkward. The table was another mater entirely. It fit in the Millennium Falcon! Awesome!!!!
Tuskin Raider - Considered among many to be the best Tuskin ever made. This fig had the ability to pose its arms above and below itís head. This fig was later re-painted for the 2004 OTC collection. That fig is my favorite above this one. However this fig is pretty nice.
Mas Ameda - Finally a Mas Ameda. Great detail, nice paint job, just an all around awesome figure.
Battle Droid ďSecurityĒ - At the time this was the best Battle Droid made, and today it can give any battle droid a run for itís money. Another high point is that this is the only Red security droid made to date. Iím still waiting on that blue one. This makes this fig unique and worth points.
Corcuscant Guard - This fig could have been the best of these waves; unfortunately it falls very, very short. The problem is not with the paint job or detail; it has to do with the pose. The guard can only hold his rifle at ease in front of the fig, not slung around his shoulder like every guard has been seen to do in all the films. The high point of this fig is that it came with the rifle that only appeared in the film. Later figs never came with the rifle, which was a huge bummer. This makes this figure something to nab so the rifle could be utilized for later ROTS versions.
Obi-Wan Kenobi ďJediĒ - This Obi-Wan still had a poor likeness, but came with the robe that he wore during Qui-Gonís funeral. The robe itself was a bit bulky, making this fig lackluster.
R2-D2 Naboo Escape - This R2 had some dark paint splotch detail and had some retools that made it look different than other R2ís, but at this point the fig had nothing new to offer, and was just another R2. Clink the link below to see the figure.
Anakin Skywalker Mechanic with Pit Droid - This Anakin came with a blue pit droid, had bendable knees and came with unique accessories. The fig itself was the same Anakin made before but did have some greasy looking paint detail. It was not really a big deal in any way.
Darth Maul Final Duel - To me this is one of my least favorite Maul. It looks cheesy, has a poor pose. It came with a one sided lightsaber and could be pulled in half thanks to a magnet located within the figs waist. The upper torso looked like a new fig while the lower torso did not.

BEST - Tuskin, Battle Droid Red, or Mas are all very nice figs. The Tuskin is not my favorite of this figure so that gets kicked off the list. I guess I gotta pick the Battle Droid Red because itís just a nice fig, and is great for so many dioís and army building. I love Mas but he is not as perfect as the Battle Droid.

WORST - The entire second wave of R2, Obi, Maul and Anakin were really lackluster to me. I guess Iíll pick Maul because I never display this fig. It just doesnít interest me or appeal to me in any way. For dio sakes the other figs are useful.

El Chuxter
09-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Best: Battle Droid, narrowly beating the Tusken.

Worst: Obi-Wan. Still a likeness issue.

sebillba
09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Best - MAS AMEDDA... a nicely done figure of a very unique looking character.

Worst - R2-D2 :o

Tycho
09-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Chewbacca with Dejarik Game - I had some fun with this figure as he's "flying casual" in my Imperial Shuttle that he and his buddy Han Solo stole from my Imperial action figures. I have 2 "Tyderium-type" shuttles, one I use for the Emperor's arrival (my clean vintage one) and the dirtier, modern FAO exclusive one I use to be commandeered by the Rebels. In the next 30 days or so, I'll have the new Luke Endor to add to my crew (composed of Gunner Station Han, Dejarik Chewie, MMC C-3PO, Saga Flying R2D2 (without flight accessories), and a Saga Endor Rebel Soldier. In 2007, I plan on buying the VOTC Leia Endor to complete my crew. I know there were more Rebels on board, but the shuttle toy has no more room. Luke and Leia are going to sit on the floor behind Han & Chewie as it is. The whole ship will be hung from my ceiling.

Tuskin Raider - I liked the Saga1 figure of the Tusken better myself. It might have supposed to be inspired by AOTC, but it seemed to capture the classic ANH pose quite well.

Mas Ameda - Finally a Mas Ameda. Great detail, nice paint job, just an all around awesome figure. - Yup.

Battle Droid ďSecurityĒ - To this date this IS the best Battle Droid made.

Corcuscant Guard - The sleeves on the robe, being molded plastic, and hung down as they would in only one pose severely limits this one. The helmt is different from the ROTS blue Senate Guard. But they could redo the TPM / AOTC ones with the ROTS figure's body, but use the old head (or better yet, a new ethnicity) and it would be welcome.

Obi-Wan Kenobi ďJediĒ - Ah, Coco-Wan Kenobi.

R2-D2 Naboo Escape - I liked the paint application on this one. I used him in my Cloud City diorama actually, because it sort of looked like he was unsuccessfully cleaned after Dagobah, though I understand that the dirt was supposed to represent laser-carbon scaring.

Anakin Skywalker Mechanic with Pit Droid - How worthless was this figure? Especially considering how we were just shipped the "pilot version" of Anakin at the end of the TPM figure line. Besides, the pit droid just about always fell apart and was nothing more than a repaint and poor manufacturing change to Ody Mandrell's pit droid from the prior year's 2-pack.

Darth Maul Final Duel - It needed to be done, but it's nothing to write home about.

BEST - I pick the Battle Droid Red because itís just a nice fig, and is great for so many dioís and army building. I love Mas but he is not as perfect as the Battle Droid.

WORST - The entire second wave of R2, Obi, Maul and Anakin were really lackluster to me. I guess Iíll pick Anakin because it just doesnít interest me or appeal to me in any way. For dio sakes the other figs are useful.[/QUOTE]

Battle Droid
09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Best: Battle Droid - Security
Worst: Darth Maul - Final Duel

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Chewbacca - I think this might be the only Chewbacca with knee joints. Other than that and the accessories, he is just for one pose.

Tusken Raider - This is a decent figure. An excellent update from the POTF2 version.

I think my Mas Amedda might be defective. His left leg is shorter than the right. The heel looks thicker. He can't stand on his own. Even on a stand, he leans to one side a bit. The stiffness of the plastic robes almost makes the waist articulation useless. The figure looks all right, though. I have mine posed with his left hand grabbing one of his antenna. Trying to get better reception.

I really like the look of the Battle Droid. Doesn't always stand on its own very well though. Also, Battle Droid peg holes are often a bit too small to fit the pegs in.

Why can't you put the Coruscant Guard's gun over his shoulder? I just did it with mine. Of course, he looks a little silly with his arms out in front of him with no gun. If you put his left arm down, the part of his robe that hangs down from it sticks out behind him.

Obi-Wan is nothing special. He is better than the last carded Obi-Wan in the Episode I line. I think the likeness isn't is good as any of the Episode I figures though.

R2-D2 is also nothing that great. He has wheels and a third leg, but not a retractable third leg. No chrome though, for those that dislike the chrome domes.

The addition of knee joints to Anakin is about the only thing that makes this figure stand out. He has trouble holding his tool. The droid comes apart.

Darth Maul is an okay figure. The one sided lightsaber is accurate for that scene. The pose is about right for when he is falling down the shaft. Kind of limited on the articulation though.

I'll go with TUSKEN RAIDER for BEST.

MAS AMEDDA will have to be WORST, even if it is only because mine might be defective.

Darth Jax
09-09-2006, 07:02 PM
best - tusken, although the gun is too flimsy (but not as bad as zam's later)

worst - chess geek chewie

pegger
09-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Best: Battle droid. IMO the best battle droid made to date.

Worst: Obi

Kidhuman
09-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Best Tusken

Worst is Mas

&

Mad Slanted Powers
09-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Did anyone else have the same problem with Mas as I described? Do I need to buy another one that doesn't have a gimpy leg?

Banthaholic
09-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Best: Mas Ameda, I love this guy
Worst:Obi

Bosskman
09-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Best - Battle Droid. This is the first movie-accurate Battle Droid ever made. Not bulky like the fisrt bunch, could carry itself like the BDs did in the movies (head tilted back, etc.) and could hold the blaster with BOTH hands. I only wish the Boomer Damaged and other subsequent ones were made of the same type of plastic, then they would all rule.

Worst - Obi Wan

sebillba
09-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Did anyone else have the same problem with Mas as I described? Do I need to buy another one that doesn't have a gimpy leg?

I've checked mine - the feet are level and he stands up straight with no problems. I have had other figures with defective feet though... my Doda Bodonawieedo has one foot with the toes pointing downwards, so he can't stand without a stand, and I once returned a POTF Bespin Han to the shop as one foot was only half a foot!

dindae
09-10-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm going to skip the previous poll since none of those figures are "new" to me so I don't have much opinion of one rehash over another.

Current poll

Best Chewbacca just love the concept
Worst Obi Wan

TheDarthVader
09-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Previous...my best vote to VADER and worst to QUI GON JINN. Now my best vote goes to BATTLE DROID and my worst to OBI WAN.

NOW
Best
Battle Droid Security 7 votes
Mas Amedda 2 votes
Tusken Raider 3 votes
Chewbacca 1 vote

Worst
Darth Maul final duel 2 votes
Obi Wan Kenobi jedi 6 votes
R2-D2 1 vote
Anakin mechanic 1 vote
Mas Amedda 2 votes
Chewbacca 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
****Darth Vader 7 votes THIS MASTER OF THE DARK SIDE VERSION IS A WINNER!
Darth Maul 2 votes
Qui Gon Jinn 1 vote

Worst
Y-wing Pilot 3 votes
****Qui Gon Jinn 6 votes THE WORST IN THIS POLL!
Darth Maul 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
Padme Amidala w/ acension gun 2 votes
****Wuher 6 votes SERVE ME UP A CUP OF WINNING!
Sio Bibble 4 votes
Pit Droids 1 vote

Worst
****Qui Gon Jinn 5 votes WILL EVERY QUI GON JINN FIGURE LOOSE?
Padme Amidala w/ acension gun 4 votes
Wuher 2 votes
Destroyer Droid 1 vote
Pit Droids 1 vote

pegger
09-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Worst
****Qui Gon Jinn 5 votes WILL EVERY QUI GON JINN FIGURE LOOSE?

Well considering they are ALL POS'es...they should....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Best - Battle Droid (Security)
Worst - R2-D2 (Naboo Escape)

tagmac
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Best: Mas Amedda
Worst: Darth Maul

Deoxyribonucleic
09-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Best = Chewie

Worst = Anakin mechanic

Jaff
09-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers

Mine stands fine too. It looks like you got a runt of a liter. Ith's happened to me twice. My IG-88 has a taller leg than the other, and my Darth Sideous from Episode I has the same problem.

Jaff
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Itís time to correct a mistake in the poll and include the generic X-Wing that came with the Y-Wing. Along with this fig is two new waves (which should have only been one wave). The Jek Porkins wave was very popular. Not only was Jek finally produced, but it was the first time we had ever seen a Gungan Warrior on the card. The shelf life of the Jek wave was less than two months thanks to itís popularity. The Qui-Gon and Leia was another story altogether. These two figs were not as popular as the first three mentioned. The Leia had a shelf life of four months in some areas. The target exclusive Y-Wing was not as hard to come by as the Skiff, but commanded respect because it wasnít the easiest item to get a hold of. The vehicle itself was great, although many state that the pilot was a huge dissappointment.

9/00
Jek Porkins
Boss Nass
Gungan Warrior

10/00
Qui Gon Jinn with Poncho
Princess Leia General

Finally, the hated Generic X-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing exclusive)

Which is your best and worst out of these figs?

Follow these links for pictures of the figs weíre voting on:
Jek Porkins
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjporkins.asp
Boss Nass
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbossnasstemple.asp
Gungan Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjgunganwarrior.asp
Qui Gon Jinn with Poncho
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjquigonponcho.asp
Princess Leia General
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjgeneralleia.asp
Generic X-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing exclusive)
See Tycho's previous link for this item. I was unable to locate this in the Rebelscum photo archives even though it was a POTJ item and they had the B-Wing listed. Tycho, can you post a link for this figure again for those who missed the link earlier?

Jaff
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Jek Porkins - Porky is a nice fig, and itís great to have a unique pilot in the group. X-Wing pilots tend to blend together, even the new ones. However Jek always stands out. Heís even got a removable helmet too.
Boss Nass - If Hasbro makes a remake of a fig, this is what I expect, and one I use as a referance for such debates. Boss Nass was one of the greatest remakes of a figure. Not only was his scale correct but his detail and arm articulation was perfect. If you put both of these figs together it is a stunning differance.
Gungan Warrior - This is a fig Iíve been waiting for. Not only was it totally different than the gungan that came with the Faamba, but it had an energy shield too! What an army builder. I bought a few, and I just love displaying them with the Boomer Damage Battle Droid. Awesome for dios.
Qui Gon Jinn with Poncho - The fig is a bit spread out in his pose, but heís still a good figure. Yet I have no cheers for it either.
Princess Leia General - Garbage! It looks like sheís swollen in her private area, and why not just make the fig with a removable poncho and accessories. I rarely display this fig. I still use the 1997 POTF Millenium coin version.
Generic X-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing exclusive) - I actually donít mind this figure. Itís good for background. I donít like the figure that much, but I donĎt hate it either. The fig was nothing more than Biggs body with a new head, but for dioís the fig does come in useful. Who cares if the fig is generic. People liked the generic ewok with the complete galaxy, or the generic wookie warriors that were nothing more than constant rehashes last year. Why should this one be different in my eyes. Needless to say Iím ready for some of you to refute this reasoning, and some with good reasons.

BEST - Boss Nass (POTJ)

WORST - Princess Leia General (POTJ)

Kidhuman
09-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Best Jek
Worst Gungan Warrior

&

El Chuxter
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Best: Nass

Worst: Leia rehash

pegger
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Best - Jek - this is what a pilot fig should be!!!! Removeable helmet, good pose...I love this fig.

Having said that

Worst :X-wing pilot pack in. Again, an example of what an x-wing pilot should not be....too buff, no removeable helmet...I would LOVE for them to produce a bunch of generic pilots, but the Biggs body is not very good, not enough articulation, and helmet should always be removeable....(IMO)

pbarnard
09-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Best: Gungan Warrior. This is definitely when Hasbro was figuring out how to do the sculpting and detailing that started to show up sporadically and now pretty much hits every time they release a non-main character.

Worst: Generic X-Wing pilot.

dindae
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Best Jek Porkins probably the character influencing my judgement.

Worst Y-Wing pilot. He does fine to fill a cockpit but it is still a lacking figure.

Tycho
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
BEST: Gungan Warrior - how dare Kidhuman vote against this one and provide us with no explanation! Mouse Droid.

WORST: Princess Leia "Endor General" (crap) - for the same reasons everyone else is posting regarding her "speederbike pelvis" being used because Hasbro was cheap. I can't wait for next year's VOTC figure of Leia with softgoods removeable poncho, removeable helmet, working gun holster, etc. I don't normally buy VOTC, but I'll get Leia done right any way I can.

But any day now we'll find the comparable Luke Endor in stores as part of the regular collection. Make a fancy cardback for Leia and get $5 more per figure, eh Hasbro?

sebillba
09-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Best - BOSS NASS... the legs could be better, but still a vast improvement over the original, and a great looking figure.

Worst - toss up between X-Wing Pilot and Leia.........ermm...... LEIA.

Princess Leia General - Garbage! It looks like sheís swollen in her private area, and why not just make the fig with a removable poncho and accessories. I rarely display this fig. I still use the 1997 POTF Millenium coin version.

Did the coin version have a removeable helmet? I always assumed it was the same as the speeder bike version without the jointed legs.

Bosskman
09-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Best - Porkins (with Big Boss Nass as a really close second)

Worst - Big crotch Leia

Rogue II
09-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Current
Best: Jek Porkins
Worst: Leia

Previous:
Best: Tuskin Raider --Still the best Tuskin mold in my opinion. (and they re-released it during the OTC line with a different paint job)

Worst: R2

Tycho
09-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Did the coin version have a removeable helmet? I always assumed it was the same as the speeder bike version without the jointed legs.

You got it.

El Chuxter
09-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I'd like to change my vote (and don't know if you've already counted it, so I won't just edit the original post). After some thought, the worst, is the generic X-Wing pilot.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Best - Boss Nass (Gungan Sacred Place)
Worst - Leia Organa (General) with the Biggest Crotch in the Galaxy

tagmac
09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Best: Jek Porkins

Worst: Generic X-Wing Pilot

TheDarthVader
09-13-2006, 07:49 PM
My vote for best is Jek, and my worst vote goes to Leia.

NOW
Best
Boss Nass 4 votes
Jek Porkins 7 votes
Gungan Warrior 2 votes

Worst
Princess Leia (General) 7 votes
Gungan Warrior 1 vote
X-wing Pilot 5 votes

PREVIOUS
Best
****Battle Droid Security 8 votes ROGER, ROGER! BATTLE DROID WINS!
Mas Amedda 3 votes
Tusken Raider 4 votes
Chewbacca 2 votes

Worst
Darth Maul final duel 3 votes
****Obi Wan Kenobi jedi 6 votes OBI WAN IS THE WORST HERE!
R2-D2 3 votes
Anakin mechanic 2 votes
Mas Amedda 2 votes
Chewbacca 1 vote

Battle Droid
09-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Best: Boss Nass
Worst X-Wing Pilot

Darth Jax
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
best - jek porkins
worst - leia

Mad Slanted Powers
09-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers

Mine stands fine too. It looks like you got a runt of a liter. Ith's happened to me twice. My IG-88 has a taller leg than the other, and my Darth Sideous from Episode I has the same problem.I already ordered a new one, along with an extra Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper. I also ordered Darth Vader vs Xizor.

Generic X-Wing Pilot (Y-Wing exclusive)
See Tycho's previous link for this item. I was unable to locate this in the Rebelscum photo archives even though it was a POTJ item and they had the B-Wing listed. Tycho, can you post a link for this figure again for those who missed the link earlier?The Y-Wing was POTF2. http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2ywing.asp

Now on to the voting.

Boss Nass - This is a nice improvement, but I'm not as impressed as everyone else.

Leia General - I don't hate this as much as everyone else, but I do note the mentioned problems.

Gungan - A decent figure with good accessories.

Qui-Gon - I like the poncho, but I don't like the poncho. If there was a way to make it less bulky it would be much better. His articulation is kind of limited, but he is good for posing in battle against Darth Maul Tatooine.

Porkins - A great likeness and a removeable helmet. No weapon, but maybe I can give him Leia's extra gun.

BEST - Porkins
WORST - Y-Wing Pilot

Jaff
09-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Best - BOSS NASS... the legs could be better, but still a vast improvement over the original, and a great looking figure.

Worst - toss up between X-Wing Pilot and Leia.........ermm...... LEIA.

The coin version does not have a removable helmet. The lower torso is completely different on both versions. The Coin version also comes with the correct movie pistol as well. BTW which one did you pick, Leia or X-Wing pilot.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Best = Jek Porkins

Worst = Qui Gon Jinn

sebillba
09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
The coin version does not have a removable helmet. The lower torso is completely different on both versions. The Coin version also comes with the correct movie pistol as well. BTW which one did you pick, Leia or X-Wing pilot.

Thanks for the info. I plumped for LEIA as worst.

Jaff
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Another group of phenomenal waves came out in November and December, proving that POTJ was a line like we had never seen before. The Dagobah Vader and Obi-Wan figures were released in November, the case breakdown for the initial wave was:
4 Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi Jedi Knight
4 Darth Vader Dagobah
1 Princess Leia General
1 Qui-Gon Jinn Mos Espa Disguise
1 Darth Maul Final Duel, and
1 Anakin Skywalker Mechanic
With four to a case these figs were not that hard to find. They were also released in the Han Solo Bespin case, giving these figures a retail shipping life from November till February. On the other hand the coveted Fode and Beed and Sebulba figures were a harsh rarity. This collection 2 case was only in circulation circa 11/00 until 1/00 when it was replaced by the collection 2: K-3PO wave. Fode and Beed and Sebulba were never repacked in another case assortment. What made these figures even worse was the case breakdown:
2 Sebulba Boonta Eve Challenge
1 Fode and Beed
2 Tusken Raider Desert Sniper
2 Chewbacca Dejarik Champion
2 Jek Porkins
1 Boss Nass Gungan Sacred Place
1 Battle Droid Security
1 Gungan Warrior
With 1 Fode and Beed in a case it was hard to come by. Still, Hasbroís great replenishment of figures on shelves during the POTJ series was incredibly efficient and plentiful, thus it was not impossible to get Fode and Beed, it just took a lot of work and gas. Finally the Han Solo Bespin wave was a perfect example of figure availability. All the new figures were predominantly packed for all to find. These figures also appeared in multiple cases during 2001 making them easy to find for some time, that is, unless you lived near an avid army builder! For those of you interested here was the case break down for this wave:
3 Scout Trooper (clean)
3 Battle Droid Boomer Damage
3 Han Solo Bespin Escape
1 Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi Jedi Knight
1 Darth Vader Dagobah
1 Anakin Skywalker Mechanic

11/00
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
Darth Vader Dagobah
Sebulba
Fode and Beed

12/00
Han Solo Bespin Capture
Biker Scout (clean)
Battle Droid Boomer Damage

So which do you pick for the best and worst in this final poll for 2000?

Here are the pics for the figs we're voting on:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbenkenobi.asp
Darth Vader Dagobah
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjdagvader.asp
Sebulba
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjsebulba.asp
Fode and Beed
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjfodebeed.asp
Han Solo Bespin Capture
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjhanbespincapture.asp
Biker Scout
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbikerscout.asp
Battle Droid Boomer Damage
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjboomerbd.asp

Kidhuman
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Best - Dagobah Vader

Worst - hard decision here for worst but will go with the FOde and Beed figure

Jaff
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight) - This figure has been re-released plenty of times in multi packs and even recarded for the OTC line since it's conception. The truth is this fig was perfect for the recently released Chewbacca with table, and the Blast shield Luke. A very nice fig.
Darth Vader Dagobah - This Darth was quite popular (and rare in some areas). The figureís removable face plate and removable head is cool, but I never really liked his cape, nor did I feel that it was a necessary figure to create. I always thought the Darthís head with face plate gone should have been an accessory for a Dagobah Luke. Any Darth would have worked for the cave scene. In the end I didnít hate the fig, I just didnít care for it much.
Sebulba - This is the best Sebulba. Perfect in every detail for me, right down the his drivers cap with real looking goggles. Itís sculpt is perfect for any dio. Just stand him next to Aniís podracer while the Eopie is not far and itís sweeeeeeeeet!
Fode and Beed - I loathed this character(s), and as a result my enthusiasm for this fig is immediately lackluster. Although the fig looks fine it is just too cartoony. It is noteworthy to say that this fig is a vast improvement over the concept Fode and Beed version that came with Jabba a year ago.
Han Solo Bespin Capture - There's not much to say about this fig except it's the best Han Bespin ever made. It's doubtful it could look any better even with todays sculpting standards. Check out his binders too. Awesome articulation makes this one capable of so many uses.
Biker Scout - The pose is a little bad for this fig because when you have ten of them together you can notice that they are all the same fig. With Snowtroopers and Stormtroopers you canít really notice because you can pose them differently. However the scoutís arm that sticks out gives it away. The stepping pose also hurts the coolness of this figure. The ankle holster is still one awesome feature though.
Battle Droid Boomer Damage - What an incredible fig for any diorama. If you want the battle of Naboo it looks great three inches from a gungan. If you take the boomer damage off you can use this fig as a victem to Qui-Gon, or have clones from Episode III blasting it. The figure has poor plastic and canít really stand great, but if you use a stand it is perfect for dying droids or bodies of droids on the ground, which is exactly what I use this droid for. I have over ten of them.

BEST - This is tough, but itís gonna go to either Sebulba or Han Bespin. They are masterful figs. In the end it has to be Han. It is a timeless figure.

WORST - Dagobah Darth. Sorry Darth fans. Every figure released in this group has a use in one way or another for dioís or just figure collecting. This fig is annalogous to unnecessary garnish that you donít want to eat. Itís not a bad figure, just a useless one. The decapitated head is the only usefull part of this fig.

Jaff
09-15-2006, 12:34 AM
As many of you can notice of late I have been experimenting with the types of information I input in the thread. In my most recent poll I toyed with they idea of jotting down the initial case break downs for figures. I have also put in links for pictures on all the figs. I talked with DV about what information he felt was useful on this thread, so what are your thoughts.

Granted I don't want to waste our time over superficial information, and I feel the case breakdowns might be although at times they are interesting. I remember most figures by memory so the links are really not that big to me. However, what type of info would you like to see. Chances are I'm just going to input picture links and utilize my normal format. I just thought I would give you folks a chance to ask for more if you wanted to.

Rogue II
09-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Best: Bespin Han. One of my favorite Han Solos. Ben and the Biker Scout aren't all that bad either.

Worst: I don't want to vote for Vader, but he's my least favorite of the 4 I bought from this wave.

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 12:48 AM
With Dagobah Vader, Sebulba, and Bespin Han in one poll, I am going to have to mull this one over for several hours. That's the hardest single choice yet.

Tycho
09-15-2006, 02:13 AM
As many of you can notice of late I have been experimenting with the types of information I input in the thread. I just thought I would give you folks a chance to ask for more if you wanted to.

I would like it if you reviewed which figures smelled the best and the worst. :crazed: You all know I buy these things to sniff them lol Additionally, if any of you have ever eaten them, please post as to which ones you ate, how they were prepared, and how they felt being chewed up and going down. :lipsrsealed:

I'm perfectly normal by the way. :grin:

Now to the figures:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight) - This figure should have been done by now in softgoods. There's never been an Old Ben done that can sit in the landspeeder (in the modern collection). The best way to do this is to take a '95 and put an E1 Accessory Robe on him (which is what I do). Softgoods don't look as good, but they have play value - and even diorama usefulness in this case, for example (if say you want the landspeeder passengers surrounded by Sandtroopers who don't need to see their identification).

Darth Vader Dagobah - This figure is awesome! I thought they'd never make it. I customized one in 1996 when there were so many Luke Dagobahs I could easily get a head for the Luke face from a clearance sale at many-a-retailer. But I was more than tempted to pick it up anyway in 2000 when 4 years later a "real one" was issued.

Sebulba - I like his cinema scene figure in his "Harley Davidson" get-up better than his racing gear. That's just me though.

Fode and Beed - eh?

Han Solo Bespin Capture - I bought one I think. When Bacta Luke came out, I needed Han and the Princess, and a use for K-3PO and FX-7 to build a scene around. I don't think I ever opened him yet (lack of space to set the Hoth Medical Bay up at present) - but it's a good figure.

Biker Scout - I bought one. Yeah, one. An army builder otherwise (clones really), I use 7 or more Biker Scouts actually on their speederbikes in dioramas of the bike chase, the Battle of Endor, and the struggle on Myrkr (Heir to the Empire). And I display "The Emperor's Arrival" from a point of view that denies room for all the fanfare - everyone else is doing it, so I chose to save money and be different. (It's also why I wanted to do Palpatine on the balcony overlooking the huge Clone Army instead). The figure's OK, but I agree with others who said he's sort of permanently walking somewhere with his prepose.

Battle Droid Boomer Damage - I didn't buy any I think. I have a lot, and I mean A LOT of the E1 Battle Droids - maybe well over 100 - and I prefer the stronger plastic. I didn't want to mess with this. OOM-9 already ticked me off with the decline in quality of the plastic being used, so no thank you. Even when the Boomer Damage was out, I continued to buy the 1st Edition for discounted prices at stores that still had them, and at conventions in years following.

BEST: Darth Vader Dagobah!

WORST: Boomer Damage Battle Droid

Bosskman
09-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Best - Dagobah Vader (with Sebulba a close but second second)

Worst - Ben only because I love the other figures more than him, but I do love him.

BTW, did anyone else put the BDBDs on the STAPS? I did and it rules.

Darth Jax
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
best - han bespin

worst - another wilting battle droid

i don't care about the case breakdowns. most of my figs are packed away carded so the links to pics are sometimes helpful but are there not enough pics in the galleries here on SSG to link to?

dindae
09-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Best Han
Worst Battle Droid mainly due to the poor plastic.

As far as info I would say the desriptions are great, pics would be cool but I know they aren't all on this site. Other than that I don't really need anything else.

Battle Droid
09-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Best: Battle Droid - Boomer Damage
Worst: Fode and Beed

pegger
09-15-2006, 11:21 AM
This is a tough wave, because all the figures are really good....

for Best: I'll go for Dagobah Vader - for the same reasons that Jaff panned it. This was a figure I never expecting to see, and was quite surprised that they made it.

Worst: er... I guess if I have to pick one....Biker scout? only because of lack of articulation....I normally don't care about articulation on figs, but army builders should all be super articulated....

sebillba
09-15-2006, 11:27 AM
As many of you can notice of late I have been experimenting with the types of information I input in the thread. In my most recent poll I toyed with they idea of jotting down the initial case break downs for figures. I have also put in links for pictures on all the figs. I talked with DV about what information he felt was useful on this thread, so what are your thoughts.

Case assortments don't really interest me tbh - we get less waves over here, and less figures in each wave, so it's kind of irrelevant to me... but if everyone else wants this info, that's fine by me.

I do like to get the picture links though - this will be a real advantage to me next week, as I'll be in Chicago... my appartment has net access, so I should still be able to vote, but obviously won't be able to check out my figures.

Ok, onto the votes.....

Best - I'm torn between Sebulba and Han, I really love both of these figs. Sebulba is pretty much perfect, and Han loses points because his hands are painted on and not separate articulated pieces, but I guess that was the norm at the time. Having said that, I'm voting for HAN. This is tactical though, as it looks very close between Han and Vader, and I'd like to see one of my faves come out on top.

Worst - floppy BATTLE DROID.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Best = Han Solo Bespin

Worst = Fode and Beed

El Chuxter
09-15-2006, 01:11 PM
After careful deliberation, Han wins.

And Fode & Beed lose. More because the character sucks donkeys than any actual shortcoming in the figure. All these figures were quite good.

pbarnard
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Best: Bespin Han Solo his only real draw back is the non-accurate paint job on the blaster (with Dagobah Vader not far behind, the removable mask is sweet).

Worst: Fode and Beed and Biker Scout. Don't care about one, and the articulation/posed nature of the other kill it as a useful dio filler; oh and he can't fit on his vehicle either!

tagmac
09-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Best: Bespin Han Solo, w/ Obi-Wan a close second. This was a very cool Han Solo figure.

Worst: Darth Vader Dagobah, for the same reasons Jaff said. It was a nice figure to have, but could have been done as a head-only accessory with Luke.

I don't mind seeing the case breakdowns, especially during these sets, when the figures were almost evenly packed. Can't figure out why Hasbro refuses to do it again. This also marks the only period where the final assortment was actually easy to find, too, but i'll leave it to Jaff to review those figs when we get there. :thumbsup:

BTW, we're down to the final group of Ep. III figures in the 12" poll, so please come on over and vote. Turnout is extremely low, so I've held of the tallying for a few days now. I'll let it go 'til tomorrow, now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
This was one of my favorite waves ever.

Best - Han Solo (Bespin Capture)
Worst - Fode and Beed (Podrace Announcers)

Mad Slanted Powers
09-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Obi-Wan - This is one of the best likenesses we've ever had. A nice looking figure. Solid plastic robes like that make it hard to pose legs very well though.

Darth Vader - A good concept, okay articulation, but I too don't like the hard plastic cape.

Sebulba - This figure is all right too. Just noticed the removeable helmet, or maybe I had just forgot about it. However, I just don't like the figure as much for some reason.

Fode & Beed - I don't like the stance, and I would have preferred waist articulation to neck articulation. However, it is kind of nice that all four arms and both heads move.

Han Solo -The upper body of this figure is excellent, the lower half is not.

Scout Trooper - Not much articulation here kind of limits this army builder.

Battle Droid - Kind of flimsy, but I think I my biggest complaint is not holding his gun very well.

BEST - This is a tough call between Ben and Han. I'll go with BEN since this is far superior to any Ben released before this.

WORST - SCOUT TROOPER because at least one set of limbs on this figure should be better articulated.

Jaff
09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
The year end figures of 2000! Itís time to remove the chaff and see who comes out as the baddest and the best. So which figure below is your BEST and WORST?

BEST
Gungan Soldier (Famba)
Graxol Kelvyyn (Wattoís Box)
TC-14 (Episode I)
Admiral Motti (Commtech)
Wuher (Commtech)
Darth Vader (Masters of the Darkside)
Battle Droid ďSecurityĒ (POTJ)
Jek Porkins (POTJ)
Han Solo Bespin Capture (POTJ)

WORST
Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast asst.)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Maul vs. Obi 2-pack)
Obi-Wan Kenobi ďsoftgoodsĒ (Episode I)
Princess Leia (Commtech)
Qui-Gon Jinn ďsoftgoodsĒ (Episode I)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Eopie beast asst.)
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight (POTJ)
Princess Leia General (POTJ)
Fode and Beed (POTJ)

Jaff
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
BEST
Gungan Soldier (Famba) - Great figure for army building. But it is not the best of this year.
Graxol Kelvyyn (Wattoís Box) - This fig is great for the podrace dio. It is beautiful, unique and it's face is nicely detailed.
TC-14 (Episode I) - It's a nice silver 3PO, but in many ways it's just a retool and repaint of a familiar fig. That does not signify a #1 spot within this group.
Admiral Motti (Commtech) - I love this fig, but it's arm joint keeps it from perfection. That nulifies it's winning status.
Wuher (Commtech) - Another good fig. He looks just like he should. I don't mind the cup stuck in his hand as many have noted as a flaw. Still that does take some points away from this fig.
Darth Vader (Masters of the Darkside) - Another Darth. I don't think it is so significant that it is worthy of this list.
Battle Droid ďSecurityĒ (POTJ) - This is the greatest Battle Droid ever made. It is one of my three finalists on this list. Why can't they just rerelease this figure with the plactic used on it.
Jek Porkins (POTJ) - He's a nice fig, another pilot is awesome, but he is dated a bit next to Dutch Vander. Still that's not saying much. The fig is a winner, just not a finalist IMO.
Han Solo Bespin Capture (POTJ) - This fig is nothing short of perfection. It can be posed for multiple scenes from Empire (especially that Dinning room scene on BESPIN). He comes with binders and can fit in them perfectly. Great detail, just beyond words.

WORST
Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast asst.) - Yeah, I'll agree with everyone, this fig is garbage.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Maul vs. Obi 2-pack) - There is no good likenesses of this figure, but there are still figs on this list that deserve more condemnation.
Obi-Wan Kenobi ďsoftgoodsĒ (Episode I) - See the other obi-wan above!
Princess Leia (Commtech) - I don't really think this fig deserves to be on this list. It's scene specific, but it's still a good fig.
Qui-Gon Jinn ďsoftgoodsĒ (Episode I) - Well this fig is not good or bad it's just ehhhhhhh....!
Qui-Gon Jinn (Eopie beast asst.) - Standing alone the fig is useless, but on the opie it looks fine. So it has a use.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight (POTJ) - What a terible cloak, and a bad likeness to boot. This fig is a double wammy. If it wasn't for two terrible figs on this list this fig would be condemned to suckiness.
Princess Leia General (POTJ) - Pushing cratch action feature Leia belongs on a smut list, but I don't think I would flush this figure.
Fode and Beed (POTJ) - It's a cartoony figure, but it's not terrible.

BEST - There are many good choices here but my faves out of this group are Graxol, Han Bespin and Battle Droid Security. Without much convincing I think the best is Graxol. Heís unique, heís beautiful, and he just stands out so much.

WORST - The Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast asst.) take the cake as the worst looking. It doesnít really matter if these figs were based off of concept drawings. They just look awful, and are of no use to display.

El Chuxter
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Of these:

Best: Han Bespin

Worst: Leia General

Bosskman
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Best - Graxol (with Pokins and Security BD as close seconds)

Worst - Podrace announcers from beastpack

Deoxyribonucleic
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Best = Han Solo Bespin Capture

Worst = Podracer Announcers

pbarnard
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Best: Bespin Capture Han Solo. I forgot to mention when voting for this guy in the previous round that the jacket is a better look imo than the vest. Don't have Graxol, never seen one in the stores or in person, so I can't in good concious say he's the best, but definitely one I want (when i rule the universe).

Worst: Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight. Although not a total loss, did make for good custom fodder.

Tycho
09-17-2006, 08:22 PM
BEST
Gungan Soldier (Famba) - Great figure for NOT FOR army building. - You only got it with an $80 Faamba, and if you were lucky to get the set at FAO's 1/2 Off Star Wars sale, it's still a very expensive figure. It'd be nice if they'd card this one.

Graxol Kelvyyn (Watto’s Box) - Nice, but a one-shot dealie.

TC-14 (Episode I) - I agree with Jaff's assesment.

Admiral Motti (Commtech) - I didn't ask for him, but I was happy to buy him.

Wuher (Commtech) - I really appreciate having Wuher. He represents the completeness of the new modern line to me!

Darth Vader (Masters of the Darkside) - I'm not sure I ever saw this at retail - I think I did. But I wasn't looking for it, didn't want it, and likely ignored it.

Battle Droid “Security” (POTJ) -
This is the greatest Battle Droid ever made. It is one of my three finalists on this list. Why can't they just rerelease this figure with the plactic used on it. My sentiments entirely. A very useful figure. I think recollection of the Security Droid aims to put it over the top for me.

Jek Porkins (POTJ) - Still would have been hilarious if he came with a hamburger accessory.

Han Solo Bespin Capture (POTJ) - Everyone's really impressed. I guess I'm just not. I have this figure and I have a few of the earlier '97's. I'm actually fond of the '97, though the POTJ is probably an improvement. But neither are really noteworthy other than this is my favorite wardrobe change for Han Solo and as far as the Kenner figures went, back in vintage day, I loved this figure then, too.

WORST
Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast asst.) - There's nothing wrong with this figure.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Maul vs. Obi 2-pack) - This is the best E1 figure of Obi-Wan there is. That's not saying much, but they get a half-point for effort here.

Obi-Wan Kenobi “softgoods” (Episode I) - Now we're back to the bad Obi-Wans.

Princess Leia (Commtech) - Ugggh! Mixing softgoods bottoms and plastic tops. I don't like that one bit.

Qui-Gon Jinn “softgoods” (Episode I) - Useful for vehicles I guess.

Qui-Gon Jinn (Eopie beast asst.) - I wish I had it.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight (POTJ) - Can't they remold that cloak in chocolate so I can actually eat it?

Princess Leia General (POTJ) - Ugggh again! Can't they do Leia justice at least half the time?

Fode and Beed (POTJ) - OK, I thought I was talking about the POTJ figure above. Still the same comments go. They didn't sin with this one and it hardly deserves to be in the same category as those Leias.

BEST: Security Battle Droid -
WORST: CommTech Princess Leia

Mad Slanted Powers
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
BEST - I had trouble picking a favorite here. Nothing really stands out for me as I'm not as impressed as much by some figures that other people are. So, even though it is not quite perfect for me and I ended up not voting for it the first time around, I'll go with HAN BESPIN CAPTURE.

WORST - I guess I shall go with the first Pod Race Announcers that came with Jabba.

I still don't understand the hatred for Commtech Leia. The figure has some shortcomings in terms of articulation and having difficulty holding the gun, but I think it is the best looking Leia in this outfit. The Princess Leia collection is pretty close, but that seems to suffer from too much of the soft goods.

Darth Jax
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
worst is relatively easy for me - 2 headed announcer from jabba pack.

best is a little tougher cause i really lke both han and security droid, but i'll give the nod to han bespin.

pegger
09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
For worst =- I echo everyone else - the announcers...

For worst - I gotta go with Battle Droid - Security - because, like Tycho and Jaff pointed out, this is THE best battle droid put out to date.

Kidhuman
09-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Jek Best

Fode and Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed worst&

TheDarthVader
09-18-2006, 12:14 AM
I've been busy but now I am going to catch up!

I am voting for Dagobah Vader for best and fode and beed for worst.

For the year end, I am voting Battle Droid best and announcers as worst.

NOW
Best
Graxol Kelvyyn 2 votes
Han Bespin 5 votes
Battle Droid Security 3 votes
Jek Porkins 1 vote

Worst
Podrace Announcers From Beast Assort. 8 votes
Leia General 1 vote
Obi Wan Jedi Knight 1 vote
Commtech Princess Leia 1 vote

PREVIOUS
Best
Dagobah Vader 5 votes
****Han Bespin 10 votes
Battle Droid Boomer 1 vote
Ben Obi Wan Kenobi 1 vote

Worst
****Fode and Beed 6 votes
Dagobah Vader 3 votes
Battle Droid Boomer 4 votes
Ben Obi Wan Kenobi 1 vote
Biker Scout 2 votes

PREVIOUS
Best
Boss Nass 5 votes
****Jek Porkins 10 votes
Gungan Warrior 2 votes

Worst
****Princess Leia (General) 8 votes
Gungan Warrior 1 vote
X-wing Pilot 7 votes
Qui Gon Jinn 1 vote

Bosskman
09-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Heh, I just noticed I called Porkins "Pokins".

sebillba
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Best - HAN BESPIN

Worst - LEIA COMMTECH

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Best - Han Solo (Bespin Capture). The Battle Droid's neck thing is too ugly on an otherwise perfect figure, so it's not the best.
Worst - Podrace Announcers (from Jabba set)

El Chuxter
09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I have this crazy feeling that if I'd ever seen those podrace announcers, I'd have felt that I wasted my money.

tagmac
09-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Best: This was easy for me. definitely Bespin Han Solo, although Graxol comes in a close second.

Worst: Picking one here was a tough one, but i'm gonna go with Obi-Wan Soft Goods. Just another useless rehash. I can't justify picking either version of Fode and Beed, because on their own, they were pretty accurate figures, both to the concept drawings and the movie. Since we're not voting on the characters, but on the figures themselves, they don't even come in at a close second here.

BTW guys, turnout for the Ep. III 12" vote was low, but I couldn't wait any longer. The final best/worst vote is up, so I hope you guys will check it out.

Jaff
09-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Here they are: The best of the best in all their glory!

1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - ?

And the worst of the worst...

1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - ?

Jaff
09-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Just when you think voting canít get much worse I pull out this excellent list of figures that you must vote a worst out of. The K-3PO wave was in high demand, and Hasbro thankfully packed these figs 3 to a case. They were not hard to find, like most POTJ waves. The 300th Edition Boba Fett was not a very rare figure either. The variant without a peg hanger and a smaller picture of Boba was the popular one, yet the value of it has not tremendously increased.

1/01
Mon Calamari Officer
K-3PO
IG-88
Plo Koon
Boba Fett (300th Edition )

Which is your best and your worst?

Mon Calamari Officer
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjmoncalamari.asp
K-3PO
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjk3po.asp
IG-88
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjig88.asp
Plo Koon
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjplokoon.asp
300th Edition Boba Fett
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbobafett.asp

Jaff
09-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Mon Calamari Officer - It’s nice to have this figure because I never thought it would be made. What’s even better was that the headpiece was removable. That way if you bought two of these you could make them look different. It’s a fine fig, and there are no complaints.
K-3PO - Even though this is just a repaint of TC-14 I like this 3PO fig the most. It’s just a cool droid, and I’m a sucker for Empire figs, especially Hoth ones.
IG-88 - Since the 1980 version of IG-88 there has been little advances on this characters 3 3/4 representation. The Shadows of the Empire IG was the exact same fig (repainted) than the first. The POTJ offers more retooling such as the loose bandoleer strap, and some paint variations. It is the best IG we have to date, but it is still the same thing. The truth is, this fig needs to be totally remade by current standards. If Hasbro put the effort into making a perfect IG it would have the potential of being one of the great figs ever made. The possibility for details are endless with this one. Still that’s my dream, and unfortunately this fig falls a little short even though I love this figure and character.
Plo Koon - Many might say that the Episode III version of this jedi is the best, but this Plo, IMO, is the Best. It is the only Plo currently made with his robes, and is a very neutral pose. It would be perfect if this fig could sit somehow, but I’m satisfied with the fig nonetheless.
300th Edition Boba Fett - This was a fig that really broke the mold. It had great articulation, and awesome pose. The softgoods on the fig was of well taste, and having holsters with removable guns was just an awesome concept. This was the Boba we were waiting for, and like many of the figs in the POTJ wave it met exactly what collectors had been dreaming of. With figures like these, it’s no wonder the majority of us claim that POTJ was the best series of figures ever made.

BEST - Plo Koon and Boba are just incredible. I love K-3PO, but it’s detail and originality really don’t match the other two. Boba is awesome then, and still is. Boba has had so many figures since 2001, and now he is a standardized figure. For that reason only I pick Plo Koon. He really is a unique treasure in my collection.

WORST - IG-88. Voting this as the worst is the most painful vote I have done to date. I am a huge IG fan, I have this packaged fig displayed on my wall! The other figures in this group were originals, and this IG could have been more intricate in it’s detail.

Darth Jax
09-19-2006, 01:07 AM
best - IG88 barely takes it over boba.

worst - k3po deservedly "knocked cold" on hoth.

El Chuxter
09-19-2006, 01:21 AM
I'm with Jax in my love for IG-88. He's pretty flawless; they even got the slight "lean" to him.

Worst would be the Mon Cal. Nothing bad about him, but he's Ackbar with a new paint job, and Ackbar could've done with some resculpting by this point.

Tycho
09-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Mon Calamari Officer -I love having this figure! I too was impressed they made him and I bought a small crew of them and then some extras I'll use somehow, eventually. (used some with Kit Fisto for a CW scene actually).

K-3PO - I liked this figure and added him to the Bacta Tank scene just so I could have a reason to buy him and include him somewhere. I may get a chance to rebuild a larger Echo Base and if so, I'll be able to put him in my command center at last.

IG-88 - He was too short. That's my only real complaint, though more articulation would have been nice too. A great new IG-88 would be nice indeed. However, I don't think I really need it, but...

Plo Koon - Hmmm. Nice figure, but non-poseable really - He can't sit nor move his legs and his arms have very limited articulation. I'm not sure which my favorite version of Plo is, but I don't think any figure of him has totally been satisfactory to date though.

300th Edition Boba Fett - Almost perfect. His articulation is there, but I think some of his gear and pre-posing limits his ability to make full use of it. Still - that's the only complaint I have about this Fett. I didn't really need him, but I came up with excuses to buy 2 of him, so that's saying something good!

BEST: Boba Fett 300 - btw - it otherwise would have been the Mon Calamari Officer!

WORST: IG-88 - very hard to vote this way, but some height would have helped him.

Bosskman
09-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Best - Boba Fett 300

Worst - Mon Calamari (but only cause I had to pick a worst, I love this guy)

BTW, the SOTE 2pak IG-88 was not the exact same as a repainted vintage one. I have BOTH of them and when you put them side by side you can clearly see the differences. It's just a case of the vintage IG-88 being pretty freakin accurate compared to some of his counterparts.

sebillba
09-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Up at 5am today, still feeling a little jetlagged :tired:

Best - PLO KOON... I'm just a sucker for alien Jedi. I'm not sure which is my favourite Plo (being 4000 miles away from my collection right now!), but this is the one I use in my Jedi Council. It doesn't bother me he can't sit, as I don't have enough chairs anyway! Close second is the Mon Cal, but as Chux pointed out, it is just a repainted Ackbar with a helmet.

Worst - IG-88... just because it's the least 'new' fig in this batch.

Kidhuman
09-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Fett 300th best

Worst is rough but willtip my cap to K3PO&

dindae
09-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Best has to go to Boba - really a great figure and even though my excitement for him has waned because of the rereleases but I got to give the figure its due.

Worst - It's hard to pick from this lot but I'm going to go with IG-88. It's not a bad scuplt but not much improvement over previous incarnations. I would like to see some added articulation but I'm pretty sure that would make it either a really flimsy character or ugly as all get out.

pbarnard
09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
I want to vote them all for best save one, the easiest for me is the worst

Worst: IG-88. The legs are flimsy over time and don't stand well, he ends up drooping and every 3 months or so I have to boil water and restraighten his legs more than any battle droid.

Best: I'll go Mon Cal Officer. With the helmet on or off can be just about any generic Rebel ofiicer. To boot: an alien army builder??? This is what Hasbro should be doing with all Rebel Alliance troops, Mon Cals, Gotals, Bothans etc not just human human human.

tagmac
09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Best: This was a tough one. I really liked the Mon Calamari Officer, and K-3PO was shortpacked (don't get me started with my experience with Kebco back-ordering this one while shipping the rest from the wave - thank goodness for amazon), but I have to go with Boba Fett #300 here. The pose was awesome, and the detail was outstanding. Even his rifle was completely accurate, unlike the previous version which was way off.

Worst: This is an easy one. I have to go with IG-88, only because it was only slightly different than the previous release. That being said, it was in no way a bad figure, and stands as a testament to just how good the line was at this point.

pegger
09-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Best - Boba Fett. too bad they didn't do their 500th figure as well as their 300th.

Worst - This one is really tough...I love all the fidures in this line up too. I guess I will also say IG-88, as it's the only one that needs to be re-done.

Rogue II
09-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Best: Boba Fett. I wish they would re-issue this version rather than the carpy saga version.

Worst: IG-88. I had narrowed it down to IG-88 and the Mon Cal. officer. Neither are bad, but I'm wentwith IG-88 because he is a little flimsy and his belt doesn't stay on quite right.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Mon Calamari Officer - A decent figure, but kind of plain and has a wide stance.

K-3PO - Cool to get this figure, but I seem to have trouble getting him to stand nice and level on his own.

Plo Kloon - Nice to get another Jedi Council member at that point, but I guess I don't like the way the robe is done.

IG-88 - A nice figure. Mine hasn't had any trouble standing and doesn't seem to flimsy.

Boba Fett - Some nice detail and a decent pose. A nice improvement over the POTF2 version.

BEST - I'll go with BOBA FETT, just edging out IG-88.
WORST - K-3PO because he doesn't stand as well as the others.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Best = boba fett

Worst = Plo Koon

Jaff
09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Best - Boba Fett 300

Worst - Mon Calamari (but only cause I had to pick a worst, I love this guy)

BTW, the SOTE 2pak IG-88 was not the exact same as a repainted vintage one. I have BOTH of them and when you put them side by side you can clearly see the differences. It's just a case of the vintage IG-88 being pretty freakin accurate compared to some of his counterparts.

Yeah, I guess repaint was the wrong word for the fig, and since I'm the biggest IG fan out there I wasn't knocking this one. When you get down to the overall aspect of the orgins, the SOTE and vintage were the same. The differences were the paintjob, some fine tuning like the torso section, and rotatable hip. But, line for line the sculpt is almost an exact match. The vintage was a great fig so it's hard to top that. What I'm hoping for some day is a more metalic looking IG, and maybe some wire detail by the legs. Enough with the repaints, lets see a monumental IG fig produced.

Jaff
09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Todays first wave of figures was the Leia/Chewie/Aurra Collection 1 assortment. These were perhaps some of the most common figures in the POTJ line as they were packed 4 to a case initially. Later these three figs would be repacked in three different cases as ďfillersĒ making their shelf life well over half a year. The Saesee/Amidalla Collection 2 asst. was a different story all together. For these figs it wasnít a question of quantity in a case (which was 3 each) it was a problem of quantity of cases. Released in February, the Amidalla/Saesee case only had a circulation life of two months, and was replaced by the Tessek (collection 2) assortment in April. To make our horrors even worse, the two figures were not repacked into cases since their initial release. This made these two figures a very savory prize. As for myself, I never saw these two in stores, thank God I ordered them through a dealer when they surfaced.

2/01
POTJ: Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
POTJ: Chewbacca (Mechanic)
POTJ: Aurra Sing
POTJ: Saesee Tin
POTJ: Queen Amidalla (Theed Invasion)

Go ahead pick your Best and Worst...

Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjleiabespinescp.asp
Chewbacca (Mechanic)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjchewiemechanic.asp
Aurra Sing
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjaurrasing.asp
Saesee Tin
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjsaeseetiin.asp
Queen Amidalla (Theed Invasion)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjamidalatheed.asp

Jaff
09-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) - Even today this is a great Leia. Sheís to scale. Her face is not unpleasant to look at either. She is scene specific, but thatís fine. Thatís why we have the POTF Leia Hoth available.
Chewbacca (Mechanic) - I couldnít believe how good this Chewie looked when he was released, and he was the first scale accurate Chewie we ever had. This was the milestone for the 3 3/4 Chewbacca. After this one, all other Chewbaccaís released had to match up to it.
Aurra Sing - I really donít know what the big deal was about concerning Aurra in 2000. When the 12Ē was released she was being discussed everywhere. Even the 3 3/4 fig was rare for awhile. You thought she was the new Boba or something. There were a lot of rumors running around that she was on Tatooine to watch Anakin for the Emperor because he knew who the boy was. I found that interesting. I read some of the comics too which had her with tuskens and being at odds with Ki-Adi, and I felt that that concept was a bit weak too. For me, this figure is the easy looser of this bunch. Itís not because I find the character lame, itís because I find the figure lame. Her arm is way outstretched causing an awkward pose. When you sling her rifle it looks weird. Her legs makes her look like sheís strutting. Whereís her antenna as well? Why does only one pistol come out of her holster? Yeah, this is a poorly executed fig IMO.
Saesee Tin - This is the best Saesee to date. I like the ROTS version, but this one just has more style. Just like the POTJ Plo this is a perfect feg for a diorama of Palpatineís office when Obi-Wan is telling everyone about Geonosis.
Queen Amidalla (Theed Invasion) - This is a beautiful Amidalla. She looks like a statue, but what kind of articulation would one expect from this outfit. Even Mrs. Portman would have a hardtime posing in that get-up. This is one of my favorite figs of Amidalla.

BEST - Queen Amidalla (Theed Invasion), just an exceptional fig with some fine detail. I would expect something like this to be released today.

WORST - Easy, Aurra Sing: Itís really a poorly made figure, even though I like the holster on her.

tagmac
09-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Best: Princess Leia Bespin Escape - the scale was perfect, and the figure itself just looks awesome. Loved the pose, even if it was scene specific. This was one Leia figure that we'd been waiting for for a while.

Worst:I wanted to go with Chewie, because while the scale was perfect, the figure doesn't look nearly as good as the most recent versions. However, I'm gonna go with Aurra Sing here. This could have been a cool figure, but the pose was bad. And for all the hype, they really wasted this character. Should have been used in AOTC instead of Zam Wessel.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
Leia - I really like the look of this one. Stuck in a running pose, but appropriate for those scenes. Maybe someday they'll do an ultimate Hoth Leia with removeable vest so you can have an SA figure you can use for more than one part of the movie.

Saesee Tiin - I don't like this one very much for the same reason I didn't like the Plo Koon very much. That style of robe just doesn't work for me.

Chewie - Don't have this one open, but it looks to be the same mold as the 2006 Saga Chewie. There aren't too many Chewies that I really like. This isn't one of them.

Aurra Sing - I can concur with the complaints already mentioned, but I like the character. For a figure that was only on screen for a couple seconds, I can give it some slack. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a better version released someday. The one coming out at the end of the Saga line appears to be a repaint of this one.

Queen Amidala - I'm with Jaff on this one. A very nice looking figure. I didn't get this one when it came out. I might have actually seen it at one point, but I'm not sure. If I did, I got it confused with Sabť and thought I already had it.

BEST - Close call between mother and daughter, but I think I will end up going with Leia.

WORST - Saesee Tiin. Not a bad figure, just kind of boring compared to the others, though it was cool to get yet another Jedi at the time. I was beginning to think we might be able to put together a Jedi Council scene before long.

Tycho
09-21-2006, 01:23 AM
BEST: Chewbacca Mechanic - this is my favorite Chewie figure I think. I was stoked on this one and this is the first Chewie I've ever voted for in this poll. The height, the cool accessories, much about him was too right! And he's useful in multiple scenes!

WORST: SaeSee Tiin - don't get me wrong. I really like this figure, but this crazy poll requires I pick someone. For a Jedi figure, he doesn't do much - he can't sit down in a Council Chair, which was all he did in the only prequel movie out around at this date, and he's not very articulated so he can fight, wielding his lightsaber. Well, someone had to be picked. Too bad it's one of my favorite Jedi Council Members. By the way, SaeSee is a great starfighter pilot and there's no way this figure could fit in any of the Jedi fighters either. So there's no play value really.

Princess Leia (Bespin Escape) - a perfect Leia. Now I'd customized a Bespin Escape figure by the time this came out, so I don't think I had much use for it except to recustomize the parts I saved into an accurately scaled Leia Hoth for my Bacta Tank scene. I don't know if I have even 1 Leia Bespin Escape that's accurately and originally put together. It was a great figure though.

Aurra Sing - I like Aurra's figure - so much in fact that I have 2 extras I think. I love any working holster. It's true she's missing her antennae, but I think Hasbro said it wouldn't work on a figure that small. Who knows if they tried? Anyway, yeah she wasn't used in Episode 2. I think because Leanna Walsman (spelling) was locally available to play Zam, and it was still such a small part to fly Michonne out to Austrailia from LA just for those short scenes - plus they could add another female bad-girl to the Star Wars mythos this way, and keep Sing highlighted in the Expanded Universe. That suits me just fine. As Aurra's character developed and we learned she'd been a Jedi padawan at one point, we'd assume she'd never be so stupid as to try and sneak up on Obi-Wan in that bar, only to get her arm chopped off. Plus Aurra wouldn't likely work with Jango Fett either. That just wasn't her style.

Queen Amidalla (Theed Invasion) - This is a great figure. I would like a softgoods that could sit at her throne / desk (and have that furniture made as well) eventually - but this was perfectly executed and is truly another highlight from the POTJ line.