PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Darth Jax
09-21-2006, 01:46 AM
for me none of these figures really stand out so best would have to be leia bespin.

worst is a difficult choice since all the above isn't an option i'll go with aurra sing (failed jedi/bounty hunter)

El Chuxter
09-21-2006, 01:53 AM
Best: Leia

Least best: Sassy

Bosskman
09-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Best - Queen Amidala

Worst - Saesee Tiin - yeah you heard right. As much as I loathe that stankho whorra stink and would just love to slag her more by voying for her figure as worst, I feel the figure is a good representation of the character, however crappy said character may be, and I own and display it with my podracer stuff. Tiin on the other hand, was a figure I was super excited about getting, but was sorely disappointed once I had him in my grubby mitts. His face is too pink and pudgy, he looks fat, and mine doesn't stand so good and has something loose inside him rattling around. He's better than no Saesee Tiin at all but by no means one of my faves.

Kidhuman
09-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Best: Leia

Least best: Sassy

Ditto :&: &

dindae
09-21-2006, 09:03 AM
For best I'm going to go with Queen Amidala. I really like it even though there isn't much articulation.

For worst Aurra Sing will take it. Mainly because the slightly odd posing. I don't like the arm pose and she looks like she is about to take a squat.

pegger
09-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Best - Queen Amidala - This is one fantastic figure, capturing the detail and essence of the character. Love this one. (Honourable mention to Chewie. Onbe of the best Chewie's ever made, and considering that he doesn't really have any costume changes in the 4 films he's in, it was a good choice to release him with these accessories.)

Worst - I gotta go with Seasee Tinn as well. This figure just doesn't stand out like an alien Jedi should. It's kinda "blah" when you look it at, and the ROTS one is far better in my opinion.

sebillba
09-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Best - SAESEE TIIN.... for the same reasons I chose Plo Koon in the last round, and they go together really well, plus I like Saesee more than Plo. I also really love the Chewie figure, and this is my favourite Amidala.

Worst - AURRA SING.... just because I have to choose one, and I like all the others better.

pbarnard
09-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Best: Leia Bespin Escape. Most accurate sculpt in terms of details on the outfit, hair, and size to date. The only draw back is the running pose.

Worst: Queen Amidalla Theed. Sorry, the static pose does nothing for me. A friend over at FFURG calls this sort of figure a salt shaker.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Last time
Best - Boba Fett (Special Edition 300th Figure)
Worst - K-3PO (Echo Base Protocol Droid) - she was supposed to be alive, hence the eyes, but had the blast marks on her chest that indicates she was dead; they should've done it one way or the other.

This time
Best - Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion) - great costume, great sculpt, great figure.
Worst - Aurra Sing (Bounty Hunter) - mine has weird paint aps so it looks like she has dirty armpits.

Bosskman
09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=
Worst - Aurra Sing (Bounty Hunter) - mine has weird paint aps so it looks like she has dirty armpits.[/QUOTE]

That's because the foul wench does! haha

Darth Jax
09-21-2006, 08:06 PM
she's french and needs to get out the lady bic.

TheDarthVader
09-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Best is leia bespin and worst is saesee tiin. Previously, I vote Boba for best and Mon calamari for worst.

Best
Amidala Theed 5 votes
Leia Bespin 7 votes
Chewbacca Mechanic 1 vote
Saesee Tiin 1 vote

Worst
Aurra Sing 6 votes
Saesee Tiin 7 votes
Amidala 1 vote

Previous VOTING OVER
Best
Plo Koon 2 votes
IG-88 3 votes
****Boba Fett 300th 11 votes

Worst
****IG-88 7 votes
K-3PO 4 votes
Mon Calamari officer 4 votes
Plo Koon 1 vote

Tycho
09-21-2006, 08:45 PM
French chicks are hot when they shave. The dumbest thing I ever did to hook up with a girl during my college years involved this French girl, LeiLei.

We were drinking at this party and discussing what sounds people say animals make:

Americans say:

Cows go: "Moooo."
Cats go: "Me-Ow"
Dogs go: "Woof-Woof"
Pigs go: "Oink-Oink"
And so on.

I learned that in France, people say the animals speak differently - perhaps in an animals' version of French?

Let's just say I took way too long to get home with her and I think it really damaged my sanity. I think we left the party around 5am or something. By 8am I was really exhausted and questioning whether everything had really been worth it. Then I slept through all my classes that day (I mean stayed at home with LeiLei and didn't go). Following that incident, I dated her for maybe a month. She was great to look at, but I bored out of my mind. She spoke great English - it wasn't a language barrier. She was just plain stupid, or didn't know how to socialize, or whatever. I found a way to let her think it was her idea to stray away from me and let her go as soon as she lured a new dude to torture.

I'll never forget that as she was both one of the finest girls I ever saw, and one of the ones that drove me the craziest.

Clean shaven though - except for long blonde hair on her head. Now I don't think Aurra Sing is French, but Michonne who plays her sure sounds French-descended - I won't attempt to spell her last name.

Jaff
09-23-2006, 03:11 AM
The next wave of figures were fairly easy to find with the exception of Darth Maul Sith apprentice. So this weeks intro to these figs is short.

3/01
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice

4/01
Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape
Tessek
R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid)
Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine)

So which is your best and worst?

Darth Maul Sith Apprentice
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjmaulapprentice.asp
Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjlandobespin.asp
Tessek
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjtessek.asp
R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjr2q5.asp
Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjjarjartat.asp

Jaff
09-23-2006, 03:13 AM
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice - I was tempted to get this fig, but Iím not an expanded universe guy. I did think this figure looked interesting. It had a neutral pose, and looked right for the SW universe. Still I passed, but I never thought anything looked wrong with this one.
Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape - Before the VOTC Lando I thought they could never make this fig better. Although scene specific it was the best Lando ever made. Iím a loose collector, but this figure I loved so much I have the packaged version on my wall.
Tessek - Do the words perfection ring a bell. This Jabba figure, complete with holster and removable pistol really shocked me. The color and detail of this fig just stands out. I really donít know how Iím going to pick the best out of this group.
R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid) - This fig was a repaint of the R2 with holo Leia. In my eyes itís just a repaint, nothing more. Iím glad they made it, because sooner or later I want all the droids in the SW universe. Still this droid is a standard figure IMO.
Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine) - This fig embodies Jar Jarís character, so it works on display very well. If your building dioís heís pretty useless unless your doing Wattoís shop. His tongue has a hard time staying in place as the plastic is very bendable. That is really itís only problem, that is unless you hate this character and therefore condemn it. Other than that I never disliked it.

BEST - I would have picked Lando without hesitation had the VOTC not been made. The fig is awesome, but today the VOTC does outclass it. Tessek on the other hand is the best version of this fig made and looks like something they would release today.

WORST - R2-Q5, I got to pick one, this one is the only one that is not a resculpt in some way. I like this fig very much, but it is just another R2 repaint.

Bosskman
09-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Best - Tessek - AWESOME figure, and although I'm sure a VOTC version would absolutely RULE this is one of the most crescent fresh figures ever.

Worst - Maul - nothing face looks more like concept Maul than actual Maul.

Kidhuman
09-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Lando Best

Maul worst&

sebillba
09-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Best - TESSEK... a perfect figure of a superb classic alien.

Worst - JAR JAR... the only one I passed on - I'm not a Binks fan, and this one seemed to offer nothing new, except for the tongue, which only served to emphasise how irritating he was.

Tycho
09-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice - This figure is so hideous that it's a contender for the worst figure ever done in my book. I think Maul looks like he's going drag queen in that evening gown of a tan trench coat or whatever it is, based on how it hangs on him. I also don't think that the shape, coupled with the high collar, look anything nearly as masculine as a Sith Lord should appear. I had already heard that this figure was rare when I found it and bought it. But very seriously, I weighed how much satisfaction I'd get out of burning the whole carded thing versus taking it back. In the end I returned it to Wal-Mart or Target, wherever it came out of, and I've since tried to wipe my mind of this bad memory. I seriously haven't probably hated another action figure more than Drag Queen Maul - that goes for the '97 R5D4, and '99 Lightsaber Launching R2D2 - both of which I'd try to find use for in my dioramas. Maul just made me want to destroy that product. Fortunately, I don't think I saw him at retail ever again - as I don't vandalize store property, but this figure caused such thoughts to surface in my mind. Let me state it clearly: I HATE THIS FIGURE!

Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape - Now I dig this figure! Except for his prepose, a perfect Lando. The cape's better than the VOTC one in my opinion. I decided to make an EU scene from the comic Underworld, just so I could have an excuse to use this Lando, with CommTech Cantina Han, and Mechanic Chewie because these figures were getting so good!

Tessek - Wow. My vote will explain how I feel about this figure. But suffice it to say, Tessek is one of the best figures ever done. Jaff explained the reasons very well. I could only echo him.

R2-Q5 (Imperial Astromech Droid) - This fig was alright. I loved the Entertainment Earth sets as I finally got almost all the astromech colors I wanted (some R5's were the definitive exclusion), but I was glad to have the opportunity to buy this one when I did. Nice.

Jar Jar Binks (Tatooine) - I liked this JarJar a lot. I use 4 for scenes when his big tongue came out:

Watto's shop for which the figure is scene specific.
The dinner table in Shmi Skywalker's kitchen.
Anakin's podracer preparations and the "energy binder accident."
Hanging upside down on an AAT Tank as Tarpals tries to rescue him.

The pose isn't perfect for 3/4 of those scenes, but it allows for the use of a different JarJar figure in the scene and that was good considering I wasn't crazy about the character, but I needed nearly 30 of his figures for all the shots I was setting up that he was included in. I got most of those from Kaadu beast packs, as I put Tarpals and other Gungan soldiers on the Kaadus for my war scenes, but had the JarJars to use anyway. Since I expected a resculpt by this point, I waited instead of filling in every JarJar I needed with the first E1 version.

BEST: Tessek - There's no comparison! He's almost sweeping this poll now.

WORST: Darth Maul Drag Queen - prejudice leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to vandalizing action figures. I hate this figure!

El Chuxter
09-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Lando best, Maul least best.

Darth Jax
09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
the ladykiller lando is best.

jarjar is easily the worst.

pegger
09-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Best - Tessek
Worst - Maul - this figure epitomizes my fear of the EU....

Tycho
09-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Worst - Maul - this figure epitomizes my fear of the EU....

I understand that. A lot of us who want more EU though, want cool characters from the novels and comics (like Quinlan Vos and Kir Kanos), not rejected concepts. EU means a lot of things. It's dangerous to generalize that it's all crap - but there are certainly things to fear, I agree. (And Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, nor Kyle Katarn turned out that great either - though they were close to what they should have been - just wrong in some ways).

Mara should have looked more like Shannon Baksa and not had so fat of face.

Thrawn should have had a longer head, more like Tion Meddan, for example. Perhaps he should have been built more physically imposing (just slightly).

Kyle should have been more scruffy looking in dress and half-grown-in beard, whereas Hasbro made him look like Cmdr. Riker on Star Trek. That might have been ok for his head sculpt as a Jedi, but not as they made him as the Rebel pilot of the Moldy Crow. His chest plate was stormtrooper armor, too. It never looked that way on the figure.

I usually don't buy resculpts, but I'd consider them for updates of these '98 characters.

dindae
09-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Best Tessek
Worst Maul I like concept figs but they only have limited appeal to me this one less than most.

TheDarthVader
09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Lando 3 votes

worst
r2-q5 1 vote
Darth maul 7 votes
Jar Jar Binks 2 votes

Previous
Amidala Theed 5 votes
****Leia Bespin 7 votes THE BEST OF THE BUNCH!
Saesee Tiin 1 vote

Worst
Aurra Sing 6 votes
****Saesee Tiin 7 votes THE WORST!
Amidala 1 vote
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Best - Tessek
Worst - Lando Calrissian (Bespin Escape)

Tycho
09-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I sent a PM to TheDarthVader, but he doesn't seem to have seen it.

His Best votes above do not tally Tessek's - just Lando's. The worst, like Darth Maul (from this group) are all totalled.

I don't think TDV knows. I always try and re-read my own posts to make sure they went through correctly even after I hit the "submit" button.

I will now list every President of the United States, his Vice President, and every member of their cabinets for each administration, and verify my accuracy... j/k.

tagmac
09-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Best: Lando
Worst: Jar Jar

TheDarthVader
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
NOW
best
Tessek 8 votes
Lando 4 votes

worst
r2-q5 1 vote
Darth maul 7 votes
Jar Jar Binks 3 votes
Lando 1 vote

It was too late to edit, so I decided to just repost. &&&&&&&

Deoxyribonucleic
09-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Best = Princess Leia Bespin Escape

Worst = Aurra Sing

Best = Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape

Worst = Jar Jar

Jaff
09-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Well I found two boo-boos in my poll, and they turned out to be Rorworr and Darth Maul. I totally skipped these figs in last years poll, but that does not mean that they can't win or loose big if they get enough votes. The Rorworr was packed in a game made by Wizards of the Coast, who had just bought out the Star Wars fan club. It wasnít hard to get, but since not many got the game, it became a semi-rare figure. The Darth Maul trophy assortment dropped to $1.99 on clearance at Kay Bee around Christmas 2000, today it does not command a strong value. The Bespin Freezing Chamber was a fan club exclusive which was plentiful for those who wanted them. The only item that can be considered rare was the Toys R Us exclusive TIE Interceptor with pilot. It was the first and only time this TIE had been available since the vintage version.

9/00 - Rorworr (Invasion of Theed adventure game)
9/00 - Darth Maul (Trophy assortment)
2/01 Bespin Freezing Chamber Playset with Bespin Guard (Star Wars Fan Club exclusive)
8/01 - TIE Interceptor with TIE pilot (Toys R Us exclusive)

Which is your BEST and WORST?

Rorworr (Invasion of Theed adventure game)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjinvoftheed.asp
Darth Maul (Trophy assortment)
http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeitrophymaul.asp
Bespin Freezing Chamber Playset with Bespin Guard (Star Wars Fan Club exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjcarbonitechamber.asp
TIE Interceptor with TIE pilot (Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjtieinterceptor.asp

Jaff
09-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Rorworr (Invasion of Theed game) - This mutated Chewbacca had the body of the slide Chewie figure and the head of a helium filled wookie. The fig just looked awkward, and resembled Chewie way too much. He even had Chewies weapon and bandoleer. Ugly fig, but fair to use in Kashyyk Episode III dioramas. He works if heís a background fig.

Darth Maul (Trophy assortment) - This is my favorite Darth Maul figure ever made, even over the softgoods episode I version. With the binocs in his hand next to his speeder bike he is a perfect image. What makes this fig even better was the lightsaber hanging from his hip.

Bespin Guard (Bespin Freezing Chamber Playset) - This fig is junk. We waited years for a BSG, and this is what we got. I felt like I just got a POTF R5-D4 when I saw it. I displayed it with my figs like R5, but he just looked bad both in detail and joint gaps along the crotch area. Truly a poor figure.

TIE pilot (TIE Interceptor ) - I donít feel good or bad about this fig. Itís the same pilot as the POTF line except it had knee joints. I recolect that all my knee jointed TIE pilots had real loose legs for some reason too.

BEST - Darth Maul (Trophy assortment): An awesome figure with a nice pose.

WORST - Bespin Guard - Rorworr I can forgive, but this guard just looks shameful next to the POTJ version. It doesnít even outclass the vintage ones. In fact I think the black security guard looks better than this monstrosity.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Best = Darth Maul

Worst = Bespin Security Guard (Looks like Mulder from X-Files)

pbarnard
09-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Best: Rorworr. First non-Chewbacca wookie in the line. Anytime you get diversification of alien characters it's a good thing. (Also the artwork in the game isn't that bad).

Worst: Bespin Guard. Do I even need to say why it sucks?

El Chuxter
09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Easy one.

Best: Rorworr.

Worst by a landslide: Mulder the Bespin Guard

dindae
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Best Maul
worst Bespin Guard

Tycho
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
A surprising group of figures I might've forgotten about.

BEST: Darth Maul for reasons Jaff stated.

WORST: Bespin Security Guard for reasons Jaff stated.

Rorworr looks like Michael Jackson to me. There's some resembling features - most notably the way the hair is styled.

The TIE Pilot is just like any other TIE Pilot.

mtriv73
09-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Best: Maul. It's just a great figure.

Worst: Bespin Guard. It's like they weren't even trying with this figure.

tagmac
09-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Best: Darth Maul Trophy Edition - the figure just looks really cool, and the addition of the Sith Interceptor was a nice touch. The binoculars and the saber really added to this figure as well.

Worst: I had intended to vote for Roworr, with it's strange-looking face, but now that i've looked at the pictures, it's a no-brainer. I have to go with David Duchovny, aka Bespin Security Guard. I never realized how bad this figure really was until those pics refreshed my memory (and I have this figure, too). What's even worse is how much many of us wanted the Freeze Chamber, only to have it delayed about 3 times beofre finally getting released through the fan club. Thank goodness we got a better version of this figure later on in the line, because this one was just plain sad.

Kidhuman
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Didnt get any opf these, pass on voting this round.....&

sebillba
09-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I've only recently bought three of these figures loose from ebay, the only one I haven't bothered with is the TIE Pilot, as I didn't think it offered anything new. The only one I've received so far is the Bespin Guard - I don't hate it... it's kind of cartoony, but it's different enough to make it worth having.

Best - going on pics alone, I'll go along with the majority and say DARTH MAUL. I thought it was just a repackage of the Tatooine Duel version, but I remembered Jaff said this one was a lot nicer, so picked it up with a couple of other figs.

Worst - TIE PILOT... I'm sure it's not a bad figure, but it's the only one I don't particularly need.

Darth Jax
09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
best - maul, by process of elimination

worst - bsg

TheDarthVader
09-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I, too, will vote for Maul and bespin guard.

NOW
best
Darth Maul 10 votes
Rorworr 2 votes

worst
Bespin Guard 11 votes
Tie Pilot 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
Tessek 8 votes
Lando 5 votes

worst
r2-q5 1 vote
Darth maul 7 votes
Jar Jar Binks 4 votes
Lando 1 vote

Previous
Amidala Theed 5 votes
****Leia Bespin 8 votes THE BEST OF THE BUNCH!
Saesee Tiin 1 vote

Worst
Aurra Sing 7 votes
Saesee Tiin 7 votes
Amidala 1 vote
&&&&&&&

pegger
09-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't think I own any of these. I must abstain. (Sorry I do own the Bespin Guard and TIE fighter - but they both suck and I refure to pick one of them as the best.)

Besides - looks like a landslide anyways. unless someone pulls a GWB and Rorworr wins.

Bosskman
09-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Best - Maul

Worst - Rorwor

Mad Slanted Powers
09-26-2006, 07:32 PM
I understand that. A lot of us who want more EU though, want cool characters from the novels and comics (like Quinlan Vos and Kir Kanos), not rejected concepts. EU means a lot of things. It's dangerous to generalize that it's all crap - but there are certainly things to fear, I agree. (And Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, nor Kyle Katarn turned out that great either - though they were close to what they should have been - just wrong in some ways).

Mara should have looked more like Shannon Baksa and not had so fat of face.

Thrawn should have had a longer head, more like Tion Meddan, for example. Perhaps he should have been built more physically imposing (just slightly).

Kyle should have been more scruffy looking in dress and half-grown-in beard, whereas Hasbro made him look like Cmdr. Riker on Star Trek. That might have been ok for his head sculpt as a Jedi, but not as they made him as the Rebel pilot of the Moldy Crow. His chest plate was stormtrooper armor, too. It never looked that way on the figure.

I usually don't buy resculpts, but I'd consider them for updates of these '98 characters.I concur with these assessments of of EU figures. That is why I didn't care for the Darth Maul Sith Apprentice. It's also a fairly limited figure in terms of articulation.

From that bunch, I didn't like Tessek so much. I wasn't really familiar with him when he was released. I don't like hard capes like that because it makes it difficult to pose the legs. It always feels like it is resting on the cape rather than on its feet. I like the look of R2-Q5, though it looks like they may have painted over everything in black where there should have been some more detail on the dome. Jar Jar is too scene specific. I'll go with Lando, despite his limited pose, as that one looked the best to me when they were still in the package.

BEST - LANDO
WORST - DARTH MAUL SITH APPRENTICE

For the most recent poll, I don't have Darth Maul, so I can't say for sure how much I like it or not, but it seems like it might be a good figure. I've not opened my TIE Interceptor, but a pilot with knee joints is an improvement over the POTF2 version. The Wookiee is okay. Nice to have a different one. The Bespin Guard doesn't bother me as much as it does everyone else. A generic figure for a generic character, but definitely the worst of this bunch.

BEST - TIE PILOT
WORST - BESPIN GUARD

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Best - Darth Maul (Trophy Assortment)
Worst - Bespin Tard Guard

Jaff
09-27-2006, 12:37 AM
I like the look of R2-Q5, though it looks like they may have painted over everything in black where there should have been some more detail on the dome.

Yeah I had the same feelings about R2-Q5. The detail on the dome sure was less than most R2's.

Jaff
09-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Our next waves had some figures we had been salivating over for some time, and EU fans were given two more figures to add to their treasure chests. The Sandtrooper was definitely a hard item to come by in its first two months of release. This fig was rumored to be in the previously released Lando case, but never was. Many went searching only to come out empty handed. This caused great anticipation and collector awareness concerning this figure. The main problem with the first wave was that different cases of collection 1 were shipping out at the same time, making both Maul apprentice and the Sandtrooper less plentiful than the other figs out there. Since not everyone clamored for the EU figures the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were available while the Sandtrooper fetched upwards to $30 value during it’s first months of release. The value dropped over the years after many retools, and being repackaged through time. For those curious here is a snapshot of the two Sandtrooper cases and their shipping life during 2001.

May 2001 to June 2001
2 Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Gear
2 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Training Gear
2 Sandtrooper
2 Chewbacca Millennium Falcon Mechanic
2 Aurra Sing
2 Leia Organa Bespin Escape

May 2001 to June 2001
Collection 1 Assortment 84445 001
4 Darth Maul Sith Apprentice
2 Scout Trooper “Dirty”
1 Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Gear
2 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Training Gear
1 Sandtrooper
1 Chewbacca Millennium Falcon Mechanic
1 Aurra Sing
1 Leia Organa Bespin Escape

The next figures included the Fan’s choice figure, Ellorrs Madak, and the coveted Bespin Security Guard. These figures were widely available and shipped very intelligently by Hasbro. Everyone who wanted these figs found them, obviously Hasbro anticipated the cravings of collectors that year. Even today I always remember POTJ as the greatest marketing year for Hasbro. They were brilliant in 2000, and 2001 with the way they were doing things.

5/01
Sandtrooper Tatooine Patrol
Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Adventure
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Armor
Dirty Biker Scout

6/01
Ketwol
Ellorrs Madak
Bespin Security Guard
Sabe

So which is your best and worst out of these seven figures?

Sandtrooper Tatooine Patrol
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjsandtrooper.asp
Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Adventure
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjobiwancold.asp
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Armor
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjquigonarmor.asp
Dirty Biker Scout
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/potj/POTJbikerscoutsloose.jpg
Ketwol
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjketwol.asp
Ellorrs Madak
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjduro.asp
Bespin Security Guard
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjbespinguard.asp
Sabe
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJsabe.asp

Jaff
09-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Dirty Biker Scout - Ehhhhhh....it’s just another Biker Scout with black spots on it. I don’t recognize it much over the first version. Therefore I see it as the same figure we recently voted on. It’s not terrible, it’s not great, not noteworthy enough to affect my vote on this one.
Sandtrooper Tatooine Patrol - Even today I always display this fig amongst my other Sandtroopers. The Evolution and Saga 2 versions are superior in many ways, but this particular Sandtrooper can hold it’s own thanks to the paint detail. I like the sandy look over the army builder (clean) version of this figure, and it is a fine figure in every aspect.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Adventure - At this point in time we had not had a quality Hoth Han Solo. When this figure was released I felt like I was being toyed with (no pun intended). The figure was very nice. The helmet and costume were quite detailed. Still, I was thirsty for a Han and this fig just reminded me of that. A very interesting EU concept, nice fig.
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Armor - Pirate Qui-Gon was on his way to a funeral. Unfortunately the funeral, IMO, was this figure. Nice concept, bad figure. I’m still waiting for Liam to appear in this outfit in Pirates of the Caribbean.
Ketwol - When I first saw this figure I thought it was really nice even though I’m not a big Special Edition fan. I preferred the simple Lak Sivrak over this character. Yet this fig had a surprise that made me appreciate it. It had stilts beneath it’s clothes. Who would have saw that coming?
Ellorrs Madak - This really slim figure sure does look great in the cantina scene. His very frail body makes him really interesting and causes him to stand out. He doesn’t stand very well though, but that is why I have over a hundred stands for my figs.
Bespin Security Guard - The only flaw in this figure is the light blue color of his accessories. However such flaws are easily overlooked when the detail and brilliant way the accessories could be attached to the figure. THIS WAS THE BESPIN GUARD WE WERE WAITING FOR. I really don’t think they can improve this figure except for the above mentioned issue.
Sabe - A nice figure, I'm glad to have her, and that's about it. Not a great figure just good.

BEST - This is really tough. Bespin Security Guard, Ellorrs, and Sandtrooper are really top notch, even by today’s standards. In the end I have to pick the Bespin Security Guard. His accessories, detail and execution is a prime example of an almost perfect figure. I can see Hasbro reusing this figure to make the black security guard. It’s just too good of a mold to throw away.

WORST - Pirates of the Caribbean Qui-Gon .

Mad Slanted Powers
09-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Dirty Biker Scout - I don't really consider this to be a different figure. It's just the biker scout with some dirt on him. Same limitations as the clean one.

Ketwol - I didn't know who this was when it was released. A pretty well done figure though.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan - I was disappointed again in the choice of EU figures. I just opened them. They look good, but not much in the way of articulation. Obi-Wan has more accessories and stands a bit better.

Sandtrooper - Better than the POTF2 version. I thought it was pretty cool at the time with the additional articulation in the elbows, but with all the SA troopers out now, it isn't quite as versatile. Still, it looks pretty good in the poses it can make.

Duros - This is the figure I probably like the most. It is a recognizeable alien to me, it has a holster for the gun, and the figure looks pretty good.

BEST - Ellors Madak
WORST - Scout Trooper

Tycho
09-27-2006, 04:03 AM
First, note how we all have the most to say about the POTJ figures? It was a completely superior figure line. 2001 was a great year for collecting and I don't think the figure quality was ever that consistent before or after '01. The ROTS figures were really good for the most part, but not all the way across the board as POTJ was, almost completely.

Second: SABE shipped with the Bespin Guard, Ketwol, and the Duro.

Now:
Dirty Biker Scout - not interested.

Sandtrooper Tatooine Patrol - I almost didn't need one, but I liked the figure enough that I had to go for several and decided to make Sandtroopers surrounding Luke, Ben, and the droids, on the landspeeder - just for the darn heck of it because this figure was so good. So yeah, I bought all that so I could assemble and display another Sandtrooper squad. Crazy!

Obi-Wan Kenobi Cold Weather Adventure - While I want EU figures of characters we don't have any figures of, like Guri, I-5, Lorn Pavon, etc. this was a great Obi-Wan. They could have made a child-Anakin in cold weather gear too, as the outfit was eventually used in the Jedi Quest book which saw Obi-Wan take Anakin to the temple on Illum (seen in Bariss Ofee's CW cartoon) where Anakin built his first lightsaber (the one carried in AOTC).
I agree with Jaff, that the figure foretold of the coming of a perfect Han Solo Hoth Gear.

Pirate Qui-Gon was OK. Again, a new character would have been better. And with the Jedi Training Gear figures, wouldn't it have been smarter to release the later EU version of Obi-Wan with this Qui-Gon because they went with each other as a dueling practice set?

Ketwol - bugged me as I prefer Lak Sivrak in that scene for one, and the Ketwol figure really was the worst of this wave. Nothing in ANH: SE suggests that he's short and walks on stilts under extra long trousers. With those plastic pants on, he loses his lower body articulation. Furthermore, he's sort of fat and stubby, and more arm articulation would have seriously helped him. He also doesn't look like the type of character who'd carry some kind of rifle. If he couldn't come with a drink glass, his weapon (for the kids to have fun with him) should have been limited to a pistol. That would have seemed more realistic.

Ellorrs Madak - a great figure. I voted for the Duro and enjoyed buying probably a dozen of him to spread the species out in many of my dioramas. He was OK.

Bespin Security Guard - this is the dream figure right here: great sculpt, multi-layered clothing, night stick, handcuffs, blaster - all attachable to the Guard's utility belt - and a removeable hat. Also one of the few Asian figures we have (it's debatable for Hasbro's error version of Arvel Crynnyd).

Sabe - Lost but not forgotten - she was prefect and bright and colorful in her battle dress from the Theed Hanger Attack. She looked great and was articulated and sculpted exactly as she should be. It might be one of our only "pure Kierra Knightly" figures in our Star Wars collections. I'm glad there was no "action pose" or anything like that - she's good in a fight or the Gungan Sacred Place - especially now since we have Rep Been and another Naboo Trooper to go with her.

BEST -Bespin Security Guard

WORST - Ketwol

Bosskman
09-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Best - Elors
Worst - Qui-Gon

On a side note, I was at TRU in Tampa FL last February and they still had dozens of Duros and BSGs on the pegs. Not as bad as that Aunt Beru that was a my local Northend Saint John Zellers LAST YEAR but still pretty bad.

Kidhuman
09-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Bespin Best

Ketwol worst&

Darth Jax
09-27-2006, 08:07 AM
best - sandtrooper
worst - ketwol

sebillba
09-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Best - ELLORS MADAK... any classic cantina creature will get my vote, and this is definitely one of the classics.

Worst - BIKER SCOUT... only because it's nothing new, and I like all the others.

pegger
09-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Best - Ellors.

Worst - Qui Gonn - yet another reason why EU scares me...

El Chuxter
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
This Bespin Guard was as good as the previous one was bad, and is the best.

Worst. . . probably the stupid Qui-Gon.

dindae
09-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Best would have to be Ellors Madak

Worst is hard but I will go with dirty Biker Scout. I'm not a fan of "shot" figures unless they make it removable in so way.

pbarnard
09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Best: Ellors Madak. Cantina alien, hasbro hitting stride with sculpt and proportion.

Worst: Ketwol. Waited forever to pick up. Bitter about the Lak Sivrak replacement (not caring about the Defel though). The fake legs sort of made me scratch my head and not liking any of the explantions in the various alien EU non-fiction out there.

tagmac
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna be a little different here, and pick Sabe as my best. The Bespin Guard was awesome, but I just like the way the Sabe figure looked, even better than the black travel gown figure we got later on.

For my worst, I'm going with Qui-Gon. As a completist back then, I bought it, but this was completely unnecessary, with so many other good characters out there.

BTW Jaff, Tycho and I made a few closing comments in the 12" poll. Feel free to add your own comments if you'd like, as can anyone else now that the poll itself is over.

mtriv73
09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Best: Elors: I'd been wanting one of these for a long time and since he hung around long enough to go on clearance I now have several.

Worst: Jedi Armor Qui Gon: WTF were they thinking? At least obi wan snow suit can be an extra in a hoth scene. All this figure is good for is coaxing me into wasting $6.99 so I can have a complete collection.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Best - Ellors Madak
Worst - Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Training Armor)

Mad Slanted Powers
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I overlooked Sabť on the list there, but I think I'll stick with the Duros as my pick.

Jaff
09-28-2006, 04:19 AM
Our September 2001 figures consisted of the Luke X-Wing assortment, which was plentiful. The collection 2 Shmi Skywalker was the opposite though. Only appearing in one case, Shmi had been rumored for release for some time at this point. The figure was obviously an old mold not really achieving the excellence of the POTJ line. Yet the figure was hard to come by making her something to appreciate.

9/01
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
Han Solo Death Star Escape
Darth Vader Emperorís Wrath
Shmi Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor

Which one is your worst and best of the bunch?

Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJlukexwing.asp
Han Solo Death Star Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJhansolodse.asp
Darth Vader Emperorís Wrath
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJvaderew.asp
Shmi Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJshmi.asp
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJobiwanjt.asp

Jaff
09-28-2006, 04:27 AM
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - When I first saw this figure I was so happy. The scale was nice. The fig had a removable helmet, and most of all, there was no BUFFNESS to the figure. Yet there was something definitely wrong with this fig. I bet you can guess Iím thinking of his bucktooth appearance. You read my mind. You can open cans with the teeth on this fig. Actually, I think this fig is really an impressive likeness of Napoleon Dynamite.
Han Solo Death Star Escape - I wasnít initially interested in this figure, but in 2001 I was a completist. So I bought two of this one. To my surprise I ended up liking this one. Yeah, having a Han with a Stormtrooper belt was nice, and although his pose was non-negotiable it looked good, especially next to the 25th anniversary Chewie.
Darth Vader Emperorís Wrath - Darth Vader number umpteenth was just that, another Darth. It was neat he had removable hands, and that his skull was luminescent beneath the dome, but the fig was just not interesting. Besides the new Saga version tops this one.
Shmi Skywalker - Many have told me that they donít like this plain figure. Iím the opposite. I love it. Imagine not having a Shmi made yet. It would be just like young Owen. Her detail doesnít match todayĎs standards, but she still looks O.K.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor - Pirate Qui-Gon has a twin. I guess you know how I feel about this one.

BEST - Shmi: Of all the figs in this group she is not a rehash, or resculpt. She looks good while the others have discernable flaws. Lukeís bucktooth, Hanís static pose, and Darth was just another Darth. Obi-Wan just looked bad IMO, so Shimi wins it. A fair figure.

WORST - Obi-Wan is just a lame concept figure. Luke was trailing for the worst spot, by a tooth.

Tycho
09-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot - bucktooth

Han Solo Death Star Escape - decent, but sort of preposed.

Darth Vader Emperorís Wrath - just when I thought they couldn't do another Darth Vader from the OT that I'd be interested in. I really liked this figure. It's better than the one they are releasing now in the Endor2 / Naboo Wave.

Shmi Skywalker - Again, she was like a main character in TPM - or at least a very important "b-character," and her figure was very well received.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor - concept figures were unnecessary.

BEST: Shmi

WORST: Obi-Wan

Bosskman
09-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Best - Schmi
Worst - Obi-Wan

pegger
09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Best - Schmi
Worst - Obi-Wan

I agree....

Darth Jax
09-28-2006, 08:15 AM
best - i like DV emperor's wrath, sure its gimmicky and extremely scene specific (normally a minus in my book), but this one works for me.

worst - obers is close, but i just really didn't care for shmi

dindae
09-28-2006, 08:46 AM
Best Schmi
Worst Obi - not a bad figure I just hate the likeness.

El Chuxter
09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
Ditto Shmi and Obi-Wan.

Rogue II
09-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Best: Han Solo. I like it even though it is pre-posed (like most Han Solos) Of all the various Luke Skywalkers out there, I'm suprised there isn't a carded Luke Death Star Escape yet with grappling hook.

Worst: Obi-Wan

pbarnard
09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Best: Shmi

Worst: Obi-Wan. Although, the Stormtrooper belt is all that is saving Han from this honor.

Kidhuman
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Vader best

Obi worst.

& for the &

tagmac
09-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Best: Shmi Skywalker, although Luke is a close second. The buckteeth really hurt what could have been an awesome figure. Thank goodness for the VOTC one, although this Luke could have been good enough to have made the VOTC version unnecessary.

Worst: Without a doubt, Obi-Wan. Another figure in my collection because I was a completist at the time. Wouldn't join my collection at all today.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Luke X-Wing - POTF2 version was too bulky. This one is too small.

Han Solo - I liked this one until I opened it. I didn't realize how limited the pose was until then.

Darth Vader - Just opened this one. I rotated his right arm left to right and something popped. Now that joint is really loose. Until this figure was released, I don't think I had noticed that you could see his skull in the movie.

Shmi - A nice simple figure with decent articulation and neutral pose.

Obi-Wan - I just took him out of the package and his pose is kind of goofy, but once I put the helmet on and put both hands on the lightsaber, It's actually a pretty good pose of him in training mode.

BEST = Shmi
WORST = Han

TheDarthVader
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I vote for best Duros and Vader. Then I vote for worst. I am going to vote for Qui Gon and Obi Wan.

NOW
best
Shmi 9 votes
Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath 3 votes
Han Solo 1 vote

worst
Obi Wan Jedi Armor 12 votes
Han Solo 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
Bespin Security Guard 4 votes
****Duros 9 votes
Sandtrooper 1 vote
Sabe 1 vote

worst
****Qui Gon Jinn Jedi Armor 8 votes
Scout Trooper 3 votes
Ketwol 4 votes

PREVIOUS
best
****Darth Maul 12 votes trophy edition
Rorworr 2 votes
Tie Pilot 1 vote

worst
****Bespin Guard 13 votes (from chamber)
Tie Pilot 1 vote
Rorworr 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
****Tessek 8 votes
Lando 6 votes

worst
r2-q5 1 vote
****Darth maul 8 votes (sith training/apprentice) potj
Jar Jar Binks 4 votes
Lando 1 vote

Previous
Amidala Theed 5 votes
****Leia Bespin 8 votes THE BEST OF THE BUNCH!
Saesee Tiin 1 vote

Worst
****Aurra Sing 7 votes TIE
****Saesee Tiin 7 votes TIE
Amidala 1 vote

sebillba
09-29-2006, 03:22 AM
Best - HAN SOLO. (Shmi is an essential figure, just not very interesting.)

Worst - OBI-WAN... again, I like all these, but I have to choose one.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Best = Ellors Madak

Worst = Ketwol

Best = Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath

Worst = Obi Wan

Jaff
09-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Now itís time for some nice figures. The deluxe figs were something many had been waiting for. Luke with Bacta and Amanaman were finally made. Thank God Hasbro shipped them out efficiently so they were not impossible to find.

10/01
Deluxe Luke Skywalker in Echo Base Bacta Tank
Deluxe Darth Maul with Sith Attack Droid

11/01
Deluxe Amanaman
Deluxe Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon

Deluxe Luke Skywalker in Echo Base Bacta Tank
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxelukebacta.asp
Deluxe Darth Maul with Sith Attack Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxemaul.asp
Deluxe Amanaman
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxeamanaman.asp
Deluxe Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJdeluxeleia.asp

Jaff
09-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Deluxe Luke Skywalker in Echo Base Bacta Tank - Wonderful, perfection. The tank even had a tube to blow bubbles in. It even had a base for FX-7 and a medical console for 2-1B. This was one of the best collector directed figure I had ever seen.
Deluxe Darth Maul with Sith Attack Droid - The Droid that came with Maul was interesting, and he did look like the comic version of Maul. Had I been into EU I might have liked him, but I was not into EU so I passed on it.
Deluxe Amanaman - This is one of my favorite aliens in Jabbaís palace next to Ephant and Hermi. The accessories are nice but his staff is made of such poor plastic that it bends down every time it is displayed. That was a big disappointment.
Deluxe Princess Leia with Sail Barge Cannon - This mini Leia looks good, and the hair and softgoods is fairly cool. However this fig was just O.K. to me. She looked a little too tiny.

BEST - Luke in Bacta

WORST - Leia with Sail Barge Cannon

pegger
09-30-2006, 10:50 AM
For Best - I gotta echo your sentiments on Bacta Luke. This was a perfect Deluxe figure. You cuold add on other characters AND blow bubbles!!! There should be more figures that let you blow bubbles.

Worst - Maul. While there is a ton of articulation - my maul's arms keep popping of at the elbows, it's too pre-posed and, most importantly, it's EU.

dindae
09-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Best - I'm gonna go with Amanaman
Worst - Leia with canon. Mainly because there wasn't much new here figure wise.

tagmac
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Best: Luke w/ Bacta Tank. What more can be said about this one - Jaff said it all. I even bought two of these, so that I could keep one dry, and put water in the other if I chose to (and then not care if it got damaged).

Worst: Slave Leia w/Cannon by default. There were no bad figures here. Leia was pretty much the "least best" of these.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Just opened Amanaman. A pretty good figure, with better articulation than I expected. I had a little trouble getting it posed right and holding the accessories well. No problem with the staff, but I didn't want to undo the band that was holding the skeleton. Salacious Crumb can't stand. Correction, I just bent his foot and now he can stand.

Didn't open Darth Maul. Not sure if I like the pose. Looks like there are a lot of articulation points, but doesn't look like it has the kind of shoulder joints that Amanaman has, which could be useful on this figure.

Leia is okay. Articulation is no worse than the POTF2 version except for the arms being preposed to be able to h old the weapon. I like the look of the figure better than the POTF2 version.

Luke - The figure itself is not all that exciting, but the package as a whole is great. The tank, the console and a spot for FX-7.

BEST - LUKE
WORST - DARTH MAUL

sebillba
09-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Best - seems like we're voting more for the accessories than the figures on this one, but for all the above reasons, I'll go along with LUKE.

Worst - LEIA - again, a nice figure, but nothing particularly new.

Deoxyribonucleic
09-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Best = Bacta Tank Luke

Worst = Darth Maul

Tycho
09-30-2006, 01:27 PM
BEST: Luke Bacta - you got a freakin playset with this one! There are a lot of occasions when Hasbro does Deluxe figures really right (Hoth Rebel & Imperial, Bacta Tank Luke, Operating Table Vader, Yoda and Cancell, Crab Droid, Clone Trooper with removeable Armor & Speederbike, C-3PO / Battle Droid set, etc.) Unfortunately, the duds leave you scratching your head: AOTC had many of those for sure.

WORST: Leia by default of being the least best. She was sort of flimsy, though getting the cannon was great should you have the opportunity to customize a Sailbarge vehicle / playset.

I'm not a huge Amanaman fan. His articulation was stepped up from the vintage version - but by maybe 2 points (the ball joint shoulders). Other than that, he wasn't all that special. The staff was a little too gummy soft. The corpse was cool though. Salacious needs to be articulated and carded perhaps. Else, another pose for him needs to be made eventually besides the Amanaman and Oola versions (slightly different if I recall).

Darth Maul was fun. Yeah, cheap plastic lessoned the enjoyment of his articulation - but I did EU and if you had to make a different kind of Maul figure, this was one of the only options that was cannon as far as I define it. (I accept most novels and comics from the continuity, reject concept stuff, etc.)

El Chuxter
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Y'all are nuts.

Best: Maul. This is how EU should be done.

Least best: Leia.

Bosskman
09-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Best - Luke
Worst - Maul But only because he's my least favorite of 4 really cool figures. I never got him when he first came out but I will get him from on-line eventually.

Kidhuman
09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Best - Amanaman

Worst - Maul&

Darth Jax
09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
best - amanaman

worst - maul

Slicker
09-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Best: Luke in Bacta Tank

Worst: Maul. EU is PU.

TheDarthVader
10-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Best is Bacta tank Luke, and for worst I vote for Darth Maul.

NOW
best
Bacta Luke 10 votes
Amanaman 3 votes
Darth Maul w. droid 1 vote

worst
Leia w. cannon 6 votes
Darth Maul w. droid 8 votes

PREVIOUS
best
****Shmi 9 votes
Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath 4 votes
Han Solo 2 votes

worst
****Obi Wan Jedi Armor 14 votes
Han Solo 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
Bespin Security Guard 4 votes
****Duros 10 votes
Sandtrooper 1 vote
Sabe 1 vote

worst
****Qui Gon Jinn Jedi Armor 8 votes
Scout Trooper 3 votes
Ketwol 5 votes

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Man, you guys are all nuts, and the crazy badarse Maul I have looking down on my Bacta Luke like he's going to rip his lungs out agrees with me.

Darth Jax
10-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Man, you guys are all nuts, and the crazy badarse Maul I have looking down on my Bacta Luke like he's going to rip his lungs out agrees with me.

i've known they're nuts since the IG-88 debacle.

Jaff
10-02-2006, 05:20 PM
i've known they're nuts since the IG-88 debacle.

Yes, IG-88 is King of all figures!

Jaff
10-02-2006, 05:31 PM
The next wave of figures was plentiful. In fact they were so available that they became peg warmers that remained on shelves far past April. The only exceptions to this was the army builder figures. The fact that some of these were on the shelves forever did not make them less cooler though.

12/01
FX-7
Imperial Officer
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Queen Amidalla (Royal Decoy)
Zutton
Eeth Koth

So which figures are the best and worst?

FX-7
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJfx7.asp
Imperial Officer
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJimpofficer.asp
Rebel Fleet Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJrebtrooper.asp
Queen Amidalla (Royal Decoy)
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJamidaladecoy.asp
Zutton - note this fig was not just in the SW christmas special
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJzutton.asp
Eeth Koth
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJeethkoth.asp

Jaff
10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
FX-7 - This is one of my favorite Saga figures of all time. It is one of the most detailed and impressive droids ever made. Itís also a vintage remake, which is really cool. Yet I still canít believe how incredible and intricate this fig is. If I had a top 10 list this one would be on it!
Imperial Officer - Another vintage figure remade gave it points, and his pose is just awesome. I love displaying this figure at attention. A great army builder too.
Rebel Fleet Trooper - With the articulation that this figure has it quickly became one of my favorite figures ever made. It just looks great, and in dioramas it looks even better. His gun is very small, and is easy to fall from his hands, but that is really a moot point on such an awesome figure.
Queen Amidalla (Royal Decoy) - This Amidalla is a statue, but how can she be otherwise with her big dress. Although not as detailed as many figures the fig does look good and she looks exactly like she should. She is an O.K. figure, and thatís all I have to say about that.
Zutton - Now this is a cantina figure that was everything I hoped for. The detail is exquisite, and not only did he come with a drink to guzzle, but also he came with a holster fitting gone. Zutton really brought out the quality we had never seen in a snaggletooth figure. This is something I would expect to see released today.
Eeth Koth - This figure was the bad omen of things to come. Nothing more than a statue, Eeth was a wavy clutter of robes. I really did not like this figure because we still do not have a quality neutral posed Eeth Koth. The fig looks fine in a Geonesis Arena diorama, but is useless otherwise.

Best - FX-7 without hesitation.

Worst - Eeth Koth, super posed action figures with 0 play, or only useful in one diorama do not impress me. This figure is one of the most extreme posed figures ever made, and it was a disturbing foreshadow of things to come.

dindae
10-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Best is easy FX-7
Worst is tough I'm going to say Eeth Koth due to the reasons posted above. But I wanted to say Zutton because that head is so 7th grade papermache(sp?), but the fact is that the sculpt is dead on its the source material I find lacking.

Tycho
10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Gosh this is a hard group of figures to choose a bad one as "worst" from. I loved all these figures! Actually, choosing the best is pretty difficult too.

FX-7 - This was an incredible figure and I think it boasts the most points of articulation of any figure ever made, to this day! I give FX-7 props. I hope they retool it a little to make "FX-6" or whatever served as one of Vader's medical droids. I disagree that most of these figures were easy to find on the racks. Zutton maybe, but not so much for the rest.

Imperial Officer-- great figure. Very useful in dioramas and exactly what I wanted.

Rebel Fleet Trooper - a huge improvement over the '97 Rebel Fleet Trooper. As a kid, I always wanted these guys - well POTJ / Saga brought us at least 2 variations on this great sculpt and it was worth the wait! I still display my original '97's because I bought a small army of them, but not side-by-side with these great guys.

Queen Amidalla (Royal Decoy) - The only other figure of (possibly) Kiera Knightley for Star Wars (Natalie might have played these scenes for the Queen - I don't really know). She is a exactly as she should be - and a salt-shaker at that. She's the least exciting of the figures listed here, in my opinion, but I darn well couldn't have done without her. She's going to receive a very unfair grade here.

Zutton - He's perfect. I grew sick of seeing him pegwarm at retail, but I wouldn't have changed a thing about him. I'd have really wanted to have seen him made were he not done - he completes the 4 original cantina aliens being updated for the modern line (Greedo, Hammerhead, Walrusman, Snaggletoothe) - and it was about time! But I think he just outwore his welcome with me.

Eeth Koth - I disagree with Jaff here. I really liked Eeth Koth - partially because I think he looked like a really cool Jedi Master and ever since I saw TPM I wanted a figure of him - so I settled "for this." However, he might've been "unleashed" a bit, but the sculpting was great on him. I do think the lack of articulation shortchanges him, but I like him nevertheless. And he came with a lightsaber! Eeth Koth was the last of the E1 single-carded Jedi Council members: Yoda (TPM), Mace (TPM), Plo Koon, (POTJ), Ki-Adi Mundi (TPM), SaeSee Tiin (POTJ), Adi Gallia (TPM), and Eeth Koth (POTJ). The rest were brought in AOTC Council 3-packs (Depa Billaba, Oppo Rancisis, Even Piel, Yarael Poof, Yaddle). Sorry, but I think Jedi are cool any way you cut it.

Best - FX-7 without hesitation.

Worst - Decoy Queen - black travel gown - and very unfairly discredited here due to the way the poll is set up requiring you to choose "a worst."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm a little behind . . .

Best - Darth Vader (Emperor's Wrath)
Worst - Shmi Skywalker (sorry, the neck is too damn weird)

Best - Luke Skywalker in Echo Base Bacta Tank
Worst - Amanaman with his limp staff

Best - Rebel Trooper (Tantive IV Defender)
Worst - Eeth Koth (Jedi Master) . . . just wrong, all wrong

Bosskman
10-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Best - FX-7
Worst - Eeth Koth. I don't mind action posed figures every now and then, but NOT when we don't have a decent neutral posed one first! Koth, Offee, the list goes on REPRESENTATIVE FREAKIN' BINKS, a portent this figure was, of the darkness to come.

Tycho
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Like I said, I didn't mind Eeth Koth, but why Hasbro started taking this direction for the Episode Two figures beats me? JarJar was an incredible abomination because he was never in that pose in the movie - especially not even close while wearing that Senate outfit!

pegger
10-02-2006, 07:10 PM
While the best is undoubtable FX-7, I do strongly believe that the Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers are absolutely fantastic. The only possible improvement for the Imp officetrs is to give them knees. The rebel troopers are perfect (IMO).

Worst - sorry Tycho, Eeth Koth gets it, with no hesitation. This figure was garbage due to it's preposed actiony stance.

sebillba
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Best - ZUTTON... another classic cantina alien.

Worst - AMIDALA... nothing wrong with the figure, just the least interesting of this lot IMO.

Slicker
10-02-2006, 07:19 PM
BEST: FX-7

WORST: Zutton

Darth Jax
10-02-2006, 08:27 PM
best FX-7

worst eeth koth gets my vote.

zutton is a terrible looking fig, but they nailed the likeness perfectly. the articulation on the med droid wins in the end.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
A great batch of figures.

Imperial Officer - Cool to get an army builder like this.

Rebel Trooper - An even better army builder. A great improvement over the POTF2 version.

Zutton - I wasn't too excited about this figure, but it is a pretty good one. Another cantina, and articulated knees so he can sit and have a drink. An ankle holster too.

Queen Amidala - A nice, and necessary figure, even if it is mostly a statue.

Eeth Koth - The articulation in the arms is all right. The links Jaff posted show a few nice poses you can put him in. Still, it was a bad omen of things to come in first year of the Saga line

FX-7 - The vintage version was one of the few figures in the ESB line that I got before I stopped collecting back then. This blows that version away. Some really nice detail, and the arms are really well done.

BEST - I guess I'll go with FX-7 as well here
WORST - Eeth Koth

El Chuxter
10-02-2006, 09:23 PM
What if I wanted the brunette Rebel Trooper to be the best, and the redhead the worst? Would that totally screw everything up?

Luckily, I don't.

Best: Fleet Trooper narrowly beats FX-7. This was a great wave, aside from. . .

Worst (and this time, I don't mean "least best"): Eeth Koth.

TheDarthVader
10-02-2006, 11:48 PM
The trend is FX-7 for best and Eeth Koth for worst.........and I agree.

NOW
best
FX-7 9 votes
Rebel Trooper 2 votes
Zutton 1 vote

worst
Eeth Koth 9 votes
Queen Amidala in black dress 2 votes
Zutton 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
****Bacta Luke 11 votes
Amanaman 3 votes
Darth Maul w. droid 1 vote

worst
Leia w. cannon 6 votes
****Darth Maul w. droid 8 votes
amanaman 1 vote

Deoxyribonucleic
10-03-2006, 02:44 AM
Best = FX-7

Worst = Eeth Koth

Kidhuman
10-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Best = FX-7

Worst = Eeth Koth

I agree with D'ox. &

tagmac
10-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Best: FX-7 - no contest here!

Worst: Zutton - The head just seemed a bit oversized for the body, and the way that holster looked on the ankle really bothered me.

Jaff
10-04-2006, 12:01 AM
The final poll of 2001 introduced us to the 25th anniversary two-packs. These unique figures were pre-posed depicting scenes from Episode IV. Although not really rare the Darth and Ben figures was the most elusive.

12/01
Luke Skywalker (Deluxe Anniversary)
Princess Leia (Deluxe Anniversary)
Han Solo (Deluxe Anniversary)
Chewbacca (Deluxe Anniversary)
Darth Vader (Deluxe Anniversary)
Ben Kenobi (Deluxe Anniversary)

So which is your Best and Worst out of these?

Luke Skywalker and Leia(Deluxe Anniversary)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj25thlukeleia.asp
Han Solo and Chewbacca (Deluxe Anniversary)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj25thhanchewie.asp
Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi (Deluxe Anniversary)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj25thobiwanvader.asp

Jaff
10-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Luke Skywalker (Deluxe Anniversary) - This fig is nice to display, and looks very well if you have something you can attach his grappling cable to. Without the cable though this figure, like the Leia, just doesnít cut it. They canít exist without each other.
Princess Leia (Deluxe Anniversary) - Like the Luke above, Leia doesnít function as a figure without her counterpart. Leia is in worse shape because her arm is so stretched out you canít display her at all unless sheís hanging on to her bro.
Han Solo (Deluxe Anniversary) - This is a great Han to put at the base of the Millennium Falcon. He looks just like he did in the movie during the escape from Mos Eisley. The fig is a statue, but unlike most he looks good as a statue.
Chewbacca (Deluxe Anniversary) - This is my favorite of this bunch. At least Chewieís pose can work in multiple dioramas, and he just looks great. His bowcaster was also the best one made to that date!
Darth Vader (Deluxe Anniversary) - He looks good, but I wouldnít display him without Ben. This Darth is also a little bulky too.
Ben Kenobi (Deluxe Anniversary) - Same as Darth, not really a big deal for me.

BEST - Chewbacca, a nice figure. Since itís not neutral it really isnít a Chewie I love, but if I had to pick a statue-esque figure this Chewie would be mine.

WORST - Leia: This figure just doesnít function. I like it when displayed with Luke, otherwise I donít care for it.

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 12:11 AM
I only got the Luke and LKEia version of these sets and that was a clearance pick up for 3 bucks. I pass on this wave of figures. &

Isobars.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Best = Han Solo

Worst = Luke

Mad Slanted Powers
10-04-2006, 01:21 AM
I've not opened these. I think they probably work best in the package posed as they are, except I would probably face Ben and Darth towards each other more.

I think I'll agree and say CHEWIE is the BEST, as he is more versatile than Han, Luke or Leia. Ben and Vader are even more neutral, but they look too much like POTF2 figures, though Ben looks a bit better than the POTF2 versions.

Hard to pick one for WORST, but I'll pick HAN.

Tycho
10-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm not really too sure about being able to vote either. I picked these up as a curiousity and because there wasn't anything else available to buy when I got them. I never opened them and think they display just fine in their packages.

OK, I am sort of figuring out a way to vote.

I like the Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader the least, because I guess the younger generation is just more exciting.

WORST: Obi-Wan - I guess he's just sort of boring and a little off - or maybe that in none of the packages is he looking directly at Darth Vader, but he's instead staring off somewhere else. Easily solved if you open the package and turn his head, I guess.

BEST: Really hard to choose. Leia gets knocked down some points because I've taken into consideration what others have said. I love Han and Chewie - I think this is our only figure of Harrison in 1975 or so, pre-filming, when his hair was shorter than in the final run-through of things they did in 1976. As such he's a little less authentic to ANH than Chewie, who I guess will take the points. Luke was still very scene specific, though a great figure.

Chewie

Darth Jax
10-04-2006, 08:22 AM
all of these look fine in the package.

best - chewie
worst - luke

dindae
10-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Best chewie
Worst Leia

pegger
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
the problem with this set it that they are meant to not be opened...I open everything - and even these I left in the box.

I would go with Han for best - Although I hate pre-posed figures, and this one is definately preposed - it works for what this is supposed to be - a little diorama in a box.

Worst - Ben - he just wasn't different enough from previous verisons for me.

pbarnard
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Best: Torn between Han and Chewie...Han/Chewie, Chewie/Han...It's Chewie. The pose is the one from a lot of publicity shots, and that is pretty much captures the best Chewie shot ever.

Worst: Obi-Wan. It's just bad. Vader is blah too, but Obi-Wan is just bad in terms of proportion to Vader.

sebillba
10-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm also an opener, but still have these displayed in the boxes, though I do have a loose Han I picked up for 99cents - he looks fine on his own, but I don't like the neck joint.

Best - I'm tempted to go for either Obi-Wan or Luke, as they are the only figures that offer something new.... I think this is the only 'Old Ben' figure with hood up, where the hood isn't sculpted as part of his head. And I think this is the only classic Luke wearing a stormtrooper belt.

Having said that, I'll agree CHEWIE is the best, as I can imagine he would look just as good standing alone out of the box.

Worst - possibly Vader, as it's just another Vader offering nothing new, but I'm choosing LEIA as I don't think she'd be much use at all without Luke to hang on to.

Bosskman
10-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Best - Chewie
Worst - Leia

pbarnard
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
. And I think this is the only classic Luke wearing a stormtrooper belt.

What about the Gunner Station Luke? He's got a Stormie Belt.

sebillba
10-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh yeh, you're right..... glad I didn't vote for him then!

tagmac
10-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Best: Chewbacca - the scale is perfect, his bowcaster is the most accurate of all of them, and the pose and sculpting are awesome. I bought two of this set, so I could keep one sealed, and place the other set on my desk at my old job back then. I now have it in my classroom next to my sports memorabilia on my desk.

Worst: Darth Vader - This one is the most boring, and most similar to already released versions of all the figures in this group. I was originally gonna go with Han here, but after looking at the pics again, I realized that the likeness was meant to mimic the pre-filming poses as can be seen in some of the books out there - and they actually nailed the likeness pretty darn good, such that Han really came in second for best here.

Jaff
10-05-2006, 01:16 AM
2001 is now over with and before we turn our attention to 2002 we need to sift through the best and worst one more time. So who is your best and worst out of the figs from 2001.

BEST
Boba Fett (300th edition)
Princess Leia Bespin Escape (POTJ)
Tessek (POTJ)
Darth Maul (Trophy Asst.)
Ellors Madak (POTJ)
Shmi Skywalker (POTJ)
Luke Skywalker in Bacta Chamber (Deluxe)
FX-7 (POTJ)
Chewbacca (25th Anniversary)

WORST
IG-88 (POTJ)
Aurra Sing (POTJ) *
Saesee Tinn (POTJ) *
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (POTJ)
Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Chamber playset)
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Training (POTJ)
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor (POTJ)
Darth Maul with Attack Droid (Deluxe)
Eoth Koth (POTJ)
Princess Leia (25th Anniversary)

* Both Aurra and Saesee tied for the worst in their waves poll!

Jaff
10-05-2006, 01:18 AM
BEST
Boba Fett (300th edition) - I hate to say this but there is just too many Bobaís out there. It kind of makes this figure less dominant on this list. Itís like a Luke Tatooine. How many times does it need to be released. This is a nice figure, but I prefer the VOTC version more.
Princess Leia Bespin Escape (POTJ) - Another nice fig, great pose, articulate detail, and it looks like Carrie Fisher. Still the fig does not really jump out as the best figure on this list.
Tessek (POTJ) - I love Tessek, but not enough to say he is better than Luke in Bacta or FX-7.
Darth Maul (Trophy Asst.) - This figure is not worthy of winning the best as it only has an atattched lightsaber to his belt and binoculars. Other than that it is another Darth Maul Tatooine.
Ellors Madak (POTJ) - I thought the Bespin Security was better than Ellors in his wave. I like this figure, itís very unique. Still I donít think itís the best of the year.
Shmi Skywalker (POTJ) - Shmi is nice and Iím really glad to have her, but sheís not a stellar best of the year fig.
Luke Skywalker in Bacta Chamber (Deluxe) - Now this is a stellar playset/figure. Honestly the Luke figure cannot stand, nor can it be anything but hanging by itís harness. As a result I guess I canít say itís the best of the year figure wise, but as a packaged item overall it was beyond comprehension.
FX-7 (POTJ) - Yeah, I guess this is the best of the bunch in my eyes. It is the most impressive droid ever made by hasbro, and it is astoundingly articulated.
Chewbacca (25th Anniversary) - This fig is nice, but itís not a best figure of any line in my mind. I just have a thing against static poses. I prefer neutral.

WORST
IG-88 (POTJ) - Although I wish for a better version of IG-88, I think it is too good to be on this list.
Aurra Sing (POTJ) * - Aurra is junky. She has a nasty pose, no antenna, and just looks awkward overall. She is a consideration for the worst of the year for me, but I see some others that look worse than her.
Saesee Tinn (POTJ) * - I like this figure, honestly. Itís great for the meeting in Palpatineís office.
Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (POTJ) - I have neither good, nor bad feelings over this figure. This is an impartial reaction because I donít really pay attention to EU figures.
Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Chamber playset) - This is one bad figure. The detail, and joints just look awful. Toss a towel over this one, please!
Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Training (POTJ) - These figures are ugly and junky. I never bought them.
Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Armor (POTJ) - See above entry.
Darth Maul with Attack Droid (Deluxe) - Although this figure is a varitable statue I donít think itís a terrible fig. I just donít care for it.
Eoth Koth (POTJ) - Alright, hereís the truth: I really do not like this figure for two reasons. One - itís ridiculously unleashed pose. Two - It was the father of the statue posed figures. In retrospect, despite my loathing of this fig, it looks good in the Geonisis Arena diorama so it is good for something. For that reason alone it gets off the hook as the worst of the year.
Princess Leia (25th Anniversary) - This fig can be displayed with Luke. Some figs in this list canít be displayed at all.

BEST - FX-7, it is still ahead of itís time, and it surpasses many newly made figures with ease!

WORST - Bespin Security Guard, I canít display this fig in any diorama because it contrasts the other figs so much quality wise.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-05-2006, 01:30 AM
BEST - FX-7
WORST - I'll be different and choose Darth Maul with Attack Droid

Kidhuman
10-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Best - FX-7

Worst - Maul Deluxe

Isobars&

Bosskman
10-05-2006, 07:13 AM
Best - FX-7

Worst - JA Qui Gon

sebillba
10-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Best - TESSEK

Worst - AURRA SING

Darth Jax
10-05-2006, 08:31 AM
best - IG-88, but since that vote will get thrown out the next best is fx7

worst - among some truly awful figures the bespin security guard stands out

dindae
10-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Best FX-7
Worst Bespin Security Guard.

pegger
10-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Hmmmm... some tough choices here but I gotta go with FX-7 (POTJ) as best - This puppy's got what, 100 points of articulation? 'nuff said.

Worst: So much junk...which one to pick. I would like to tie all the EU figures (notice how many of them made the worst list???)

I will have to say Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (POTJ) - If a figure has to be EU - it better be cool. This was Maul in a bathrobe.

tagmac
10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Best: No contest - this one goes to FX-7

Worst: As much as I'd like to go with either Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon here, at least the head sculpts were passable. The Bespin Security Guard is my pick, as it was one of the worst looking figures ever made in this line!

pbarnard
10-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Best: FX-7.

Worst: Besping Security Guard. Thank the Lords of Kobol for Battlestar Galacitca for reclaiming the letters BSG from this turd.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Last one:
Best - Obi-Wan Kenobi (I love the hood)
Worst - Princess Leia

This one:
Best - FX-7 (Medical Droid)
Worst - Bespin Security Tard (Playset)

Tycho
10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
BEST: Tessek - perfect and useful!

WORST: Darth Maul Sith Apprentice (tan coat, POTJ) - I haven't ever been able to stress enough of how much I hate this figure!

TheDarthVader
10-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Sorry guys. I will try to do better. here are the numbers, my votes, etc...

previous vote from me: chewy best and leia worst. now vote from me: fx-7 best and bespin security guard as worst.

NOW
best
FX-7 12 votes
Tessek 1 vote

worst
Bespin Guard from set 7 votes
Darth Maul with Attack Droid 2 votes
Jedi Training Qui GonJinn 1 vote
Aurra Sing 1 vote
Darth Maul sith apprentice 2 votes

PREVIOUS
best
****Chewbacca 10 votes
Han Solo 2 votes
Obi Wan 1 vote

worst
****Leia 6 votes
Luke 2 votes
Han Solo 1 vote
Obi Wan Kenobi 3 votes
Darth Vader 1 vote

PREVIOUS
best
****FX-7 12 votes
Rebel Trooper 2 votes
Zutton 1 vote

worst
****Eeth Koth 11 votes
Queen Amidala in black dress 2 votes
Zutton 2 votes

Deoxyribonucleic
10-07-2006, 05:25 AM
best = FX-7

worst = aurra sing...dumb character, even more so as a figure!

sebillba
10-07-2006, 06:50 AM
NOW
best
FX-7 12 votes
Tessek 1 vote

I know it won't effect the final result, but Tessek has twice as many votes as this!! ;)

Jaff
10-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Yet another year is done, and the victors and loosers must be sumerized:

YEAR END SUMMARIES
BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7
2002 - I could guess this one right now. He's big, he's bad and he was rare.

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Who knows?

Jaff
10-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Sometimes when I write up a poll I try my best to keep lists from being too hard, or too unfair. I keep things impartial by announcing waves in their general order of release, but this next list is stressful just thinking about it. Iím speaking of the final wave of POTJ figures: The BoShek wave. The next two polls will be on the Sneak Peak Episode II figs, and the vehicle exclusive figs, so I canít combine one of those with this wave. After that itís all Episode II stuff. Which means, this wave must be voted on by itself, and there is truly no WORST fig in this bunch. They are all perfect! So stay strong and vote for your BEST and WORST. I know itís difficult, but you can do it!

March 2002
Teebo
BoShek
R4-M9

Teebo
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJteebo.asp
BoShek
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJboshek.asp
R4-M9
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJr4m9.asp

Jaff
10-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Teebo - This is how an Ewok should look. I still think itís the best Ewok ever made, even above Chief Chirpa.
BoShek - He gets the best instantly. Heís just too cool, too acurate, likeness wise, and heís BoShek.
R4-M9 - This is one nice droid. Having this Tantive IV droid really helps in capture dioramas, and was the first dome shaped droid of this line. He is also a great contrast to the other figs. This was my favorite astro droid of all time in 2002.

BEST - Teebo and R4-M9 just donít have a chance next to BoShek. He is already slotted as one of my favorite SW figs of all time.

WORST - Iím chickening out of this one.

What kind of example would I be as the thread manager if I didnít vote on a worst.....

....a sensible one... Iím not going to do it.....

....Stop nagging me to practice what I preach....

....Alright then, if your going to push me...

WORST - R4-M9

...I canít believe I voted against him. I feel really guilty, shame on you pollsters for making me vote on a worst. Wait a minute. I forced myself. I now officially resent my own poll. When you vote on this wave, so shall you!

tagmac
10-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Best: Bo-Shek - awesome likeness and detail on the costume

Worst: more like "least best," which goes to R4-M9. Honestly, none of these deserves to be called the "worst" in any poll.

Kidhuman
10-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Best - Boshek

Worst - not a big wave but hate voting for one here like Jaff did but will pick Teebo. Only becuase I feel Ewoks should be 2 packs, not single releases for the price they charged here.

Tycho
10-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I'll tick you guys off with this, but:

BEST: Teebo - ok - articulated wrists, head, and great detail and accessories - he's such an improvement over vitage days and Ewoks need extra proof they can be cool figures around this hobby.

R4-M9 - gave us 2 things - a new Astromech sculpt that's reuseable for a lot of droids - and so it was, and the Best Mouse Droid I've ever sniffed! This is the definitive Mouse Droid to inhale! I'm telling you from a lot of experience. :Crazed:

WORST: Bo Shek - OK - I'd be screaming for this guy if he weren't made, and I love the figure, his helmet accessory and gun holster, but the sculpt's not that important to the line (such as R4's repaint possibilities) and his species is not niche-unique like an Ewok's.

So there's my logical way to reason out of this. Yeah, I do think these were perfect figures.

sebillba
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Best - Toss up between Teebo and BoShek, but I'll go for TEEBO. I felt he was the most prominent and distinctive ewok not yet made up till that point, whereas there were still other cantina characters I would've liked to have seen before BoShek.

Worst - by process of elimination. it has to be R4-M9.

pbarnard
10-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Definitely in the camp that this was Hasbro's best wave ever...

Best: Teebo. Only because he was a highly articulated little bugger.

Worst: BoShek. While an essential character, great detail, stuck in the middle of Hasbro's pre-posed high detail period.

(personally i'm waiting for their Blue period).

Darth Jax
10-07-2006, 11:36 AM
best - elvis in space, err boshek

worst - the astromech r4

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2006, 12:07 PM
All fine figures here so it is hard to pick a best.

Teebo has some fine detail and the articulated wrists are nice, however he has no pegholes in his feet. Luckily, he stands well on his own.

R4 is the first astro droid of this sculpt made, and he has the retractable 3rd leg that I like.

BoShek - Great to have this figure. A great looking figure, removeable helmet and a holster for his gun.

BEST - BoShek
WORST - Teebo

El Chuxter
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I missed the last two rounds, but I'm in agreement with the results, so no biggie. :)

Best: Teebo. Bo'shek may rock, but Teebo has the funk. (Whatever that means.)

Worst: Astromech of the month. Nothing wrong with him, but, dude, look at the competition.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Best = boshek

worst = Teebo (as everyone else has said, none of these figures is "worst" so I picked my worst by deciding which figure I'd rather have between teebo and R4)

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Another thing I was wondering today when I saw Chief Chirpa on the pegs. Did they make Teebo too big, or Chirpa too small, or are they both about right?

Tycho
10-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I think they are about right. Teebo was a bigger Ewok.

I think Wicket is the one out of scale.

Wicket - off
Logray - right on
Teebo - perfect
Chief Chirpa - perfect
Paploo - preposed, possibly using parts of Wicket, needs resculpt and carding

Romba - not made
Warok - not made
Lumat - not made

Keeolkeech - would be great
Mama w. Wokling - would also be great

Bosskman
10-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Best - While Teebo is probably my favorite Ewok, AND a vintage re-make to boot (well sorta, the vintage Ewok had the other of 2 headresses worn bu Teebo in ROTJ) I gotta go with Boshek as the best of this awesome bunch. I'm actually sorta surprised at this myself but the likeness is the most dead-on of all the non-alien SW figures ever.

Worst - this gotta go to R4. An awesome figure, just a little less awesome than the other 2.

pegger
10-08-2006, 08:52 AM
It's tough with only 3 choices....

But I gotta go with R4 as best - just cause I don't want to see him lose in a landslide and

Boshek as worst....only because his arm has that funny prepose - and he has no knees. But all 3 are fantastic figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Best - Teebo
Worst - Arm-in-a-sling BoShek

dindae
10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
BoShek is best for me.

Worst is R4. mainly because I expect quality in an astromech. There is no reason to screw one up. The POTF2 R2 still looks good in my collection and the many changes have only help improve it. As far as I'm concerned the only bad astromech we have is the rocket fire R5.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-08-2006, 10:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned the only bad astromech we have is the rocket fire R5.Actually, there are at least a couple more that I can think of.

dindae
10-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Actually, there are at least a couple more that I can think of.

I probably considering them more a "meh" and typically this is due to them trying to spruce up R2-D2 to make it a figure we want to buy for the upteenth time even though he never changes.

TheDarthVader
10-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I guess the best for me is Bo Shek, mainly because I love pilots. The worst figure, even though they are all good, is going to be R4.

NOW
best
Bo Shek 9 votes
Teebo 5 votes
R4-M9 1 vote

worst
R4-M9 8 votes
Teebo 3 votes
Bo Shek 4 votes

PREVIOUS
best
****FX-7 13 votes
Tessek 1 vote

worst
****Bespin Guard from set 7 votes
Darth Maul with Attack Droid 2 votes
Jedi Training Qui GonJinn 1 vote
Aurra Sing 2 votes
Darth Maul sith apprentice 2 votes

Mad Slanted Powers
10-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I probably considering them more a "meh" and typically this is due to them trying to spruce up R2-D2 to make it a figure we want to buy for the upteenth time even though he never changes.

I was thinking of the Flashback R2 and the Droid Factory Flight R2. Previous polls have showed them to be about as reviled as R5-D4.

dindae
10-08-2006, 11:34 PM
I was thinking of the Flashback R2 and the Droid Factory Flight R2. Previous polls have showed them to be about as reviled as R5-D4.

Yeah I can appreciate that but to me these were gimmick figures where the sculpt was sacrificed for a decent canon action gimick. They don't look the best but I can appreciate the effort. Since I have all the R2's I really need If they want me to buy one they need to do something to make me feel like I don't have 10 of them already.

Jaff
10-09-2006, 01:11 AM
The Episode II sneak preview figs gave us a first look of what we could expect from the new line of figures. These were fairly common, and their value has never been significant in any way. Like Eoth Koth, some of these figures had statue-esque poses that pointed to the direction of the future.

Zam Wessell
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper
R3-T7

So which is your best and worst in this wave?

Zam Wessell
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJsneakzam.asp
Jango Fett
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJsneakjango.asp
Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJsneakclone.asp
R3-T7
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJsneakr3t7.asp

Jaff
10-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Zam Wessell - This Zam is nice, in that, it shows her with her shroud over her face. The figure is less detailed than the Saga version, but she looks O.K. and she displays well.
Jango Fett - At first I wasnít a fan of this fig. Today there are so many figures out there that I enjoy doing dioramas. This Jango looks great with the Reek charging him. Yet outside of this dio he looks really poor. We need an ultimate Jango Fett, much like the evolutions Anakin!
Clone Trooper - Super posed trooper is a dud if you ask me. He is posed extreme, and when you look at this one next to an articulated Clone it looks outdated.
R3-T7 - How can I complain about an Astro droid. This one looks great, thanks to itís transparent dome. It was the first of itís kind.

Best - R3-T7, a nice looking droid: By the way has anyone ever seen this droid in AOTC? If so, where?
Iíve been looking for a screen shot depicting this droid for years. I know itís supposed to be near the club on Corcuscant, but where?

Worst - Clone Trooper: Iím an army builder just like many, but this clone is just weak.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Best = Zam

Worst = Clone Trooper

Tycho
10-09-2006, 02:51 AM
BEST: Clone Trooper - I started army building here with about 35 of these, then waited for the officers and super-articulated versions. Since they are Clones, it is reasonable that their movements would mimic each other, so they would shoot in the same stance, while more random troops would fight in more random ways. This was fine and I love Clone Troopers!

WORST: Zam Wessel - her head was too small, her neck too big, and her articulation weak. She's good for probably one pose - when she shoots the asassin droid carrying Obi-Wan coming for her. I did like the working gun holster though. But Zam's 2nd figure was much better.

R3-T7 - I was very glad to get an R3 droid, but I'm partial to the paint schemes we got with the Entertainment Earth sets that included some R3 seen on the Death Star and at Echo Base over this one. But it was where R3s got started - so we can't live without that.

Jango Fett - I like this figure. Other versions of him are better and have more accessories, but he's very cool. I liked getting him so early before AOTC, but I didn't buy a lot of him because I knew the removeable helmet version was coming if I just waited for it.

But again, I was so glad to begin my Clone Army here, with this wave. The blast effects they did for the AOTC line were cool, too.

Kidhuman
10-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Best Zam

Worst - R3 T7

sebillba
10-09-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm not really bothered about any of these... Zam and Jango have both been done better since, and I've had clone overkill now, so.....

Best - R3-T7

Worst - CLONE TROOPER

pegger
10-09-2006, 08:15 AM
best - R3

Worst - Clone

Darth Jax
10-09-2006, 08:16 AM
best - the astromech du jour R3 - i like the transparent dome

worst - zam. flimsy plastic, if you're gonna include a blaster effect make sure the weapon can handle the extra weight.

dindae
10-09-2006, 08:58 AM
best is R3

worst I'm gonna go with Jango. The wide horse stance pose just doesn't work for me.

pbarnard
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Best: R3. Would go clone, but this was the only White Only clone in the Episode II single pack series, and the paint aps made them have dirty feet. The R3 was the 3rd of the R series astromech to be done and gave a decent mold that Hasbro as rehashed responsibly giving decent pack ins to multipacks.

Worst: Jango. Only villian in whole prequal trilogy (out side of palpy) who we knew would die, and actually lived up the hype. But the pose and the later removable helmet features easily make this figure just a bone thrown to the people who think (Boba) Fett and the Mandalorian culture is the neatest thing in Star Wars when actually it's the worst and once Lucas revealed the story he ****ed off every one of those fan boys (good for George!).

Battle Droid
10-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Best: R3-T7
Worst: Clone Trooper

Battle Droid
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
By the way has anyone ever seen this droid in AOTC? If so, where?
Iíve been looking for a screen shot depicting this droid for years. I know itís supposed to be near the club on Corcuscant, but where?

Here he/she/it is, :)

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1706/r3t7mf3.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Best - Zam Wesell
Worst - Clone Trooper

tagmac
10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Best: Jango Fett - I really like the pose on this one.

Worst: Clone Trooper - the brown paint hurt this one.

Tycho
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I mean nothing personal by arguing with you guys, but the brown paint did NOT hurt anything. The Clone was pre-posed for Geonosis duty and its dirtied armor was perfectly matched to that environment. It was exactly the way it was supposed to look. I can't believe he's doing so poorly in this poll next to worse pre-posed or out of scale figures and one standard astromech molding job!

pegger
10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I mean nothing personal by arguing with you guys, but the brown paint did NOT hurt anything. The Clone was pre-posed for Geonosis duty and its dirtied armor was perfectly matched to that environment. It was exactly the way it was supposed to look. I can't believe he's doing so poorly in this poll next to worse pre-posed or out of scale figures and one standard astromech molding job!

Sorry Tycho - but I HATE any preposed figure. As we head into the Saga collection - I KNOW I will have a harder and harder time picking out a "best" figure due to the number of posed carp that Saga gave us....

The R3 for me is best because 1) It's NOT preposed, 2) it's an R3 (first of it's kind) and 3) I'm a droid nut. I love droids. They rock. Just by being an astromech droid it has a leg up... Having said that, the SA clone trooper was PERFECT and will most likely get my vote for best when it comes up (depending on who else is in the wave).

Bosskman
10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Best - R3 - and also quite possibly THE MOST obscure figure ever from the movies.

Worst - Clone - alright for dioramas but there are MUCH better clones out there now.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-09-2006, 11:42 PM
I've only opened a Clone Trooper, so I can't judge the others as well. However, the poses kind of limit all but the astro droid

BEST - R3-T7
WORST - Jango Fett

Jaff
10-10-2006, 05:10 AM
Sorry Tycho - but I HATE any preposed figure. As we head into the Saga collection - I KNOW I will have a harder and harder time picking out a "best" figure due to the number of posed carp that Saga gave us....

Yeah, this kind of sums up the Episode II figs for me as well. Saga was, in my eyes, the low point of the Star Wars line. I love making dioramas, but I don't want a figure to only work in one scene. The SA clone is perfect, and since I own over 20 of them the sneak peak, and first wave version are shadows of a figure.

I mean nothing personal by arguing with you guys, but the brown paint did NOT hurt anything. The Clone was pre-posed for Geonosis duty and its dirtied armor was perfectly matched to that environment.

I'll also agree with Tycho here. This particular pose of this clone is when they were advancing after a control ship just crashed to the ground. Sand was spitting everywhere, and these guys were covered in dirt. The figure is exactly as it appeared in the film. Still, there are no other figures covered in grime to match this clone, and I just didn't find much of a use for it.

By the way, thanks BATTLE DROID for finding that droid. I can't believe how obscure that figure is, and Hasbro made it. How cool is that!!

Tycho
10-10-2006, 06:51 AM
With R3-T7, I don't think Hasbro set out to make a particularly obscure figure.

Here's what happened:

1) Astromech bodies became easy repaints for Hasbro, and the company was already impressed with the performance of R2-B1 and the fan-love shown towards the red astromech, whom some fools even bought the Royal Starship for the sole purpose of getting the droid. I'm not certain, but perhaps only the head sculpt for the R3 droid (clear dome with internal parts visible) was necessary to make R3.

R2s were made already since R2D2
R5 was made, although it was rather crappy at this stage
R4 was next in the POTJ line (R4M9)
so only an R3 and the R1 were left to be done.

Notice an astromech started to appear as a sneak preview figure for both of the remaining prequel movies.

2) As Hasbro got the pre-production photos from AOTC, they likely got a large casting shot of the Coruscant street pedestrians in which this R3 was much more visible and apparent. There are very few Astromechs at all in AOTC - probably the least amount of ANY of the 6 SW films. Hasbro grabbed hold of this one to make sure an Astrodroid got in the 2002 line. In the final movie edit, you have to hunt for the droid, as was done in that picture. But I'm sure the Star Wars Insider even had a full-page picture of R3-T7 for all the good it did. The later Entertainment Earth droid sets gave fans the R3s from the OT that they were always clammoring for.

3) Hasbro had the above 2 reasons in its favor to make the R3 droid, and it happened by accident that this character turned into one of the most obscure figures from any movie ever done. It was just an accident, that's all.

So while it was nice to get our first R3 - I wouldn't go giving Hasbro any props for this one. Pote Snitkin was a larger achievement by any way you look at it ;)

El Chuxter
10-10-2006, 09:48 AM
I guess the astromech (this was about when I stopped keeping track of their names) is the best by default.

Of the preposed statues, the Clonetrooper is the weakest.

Bosskman
10-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Giving Hasbro "props"? Not sure what you mean by that Tycho. However way you put it R3 is the MOST OBCURE EVER.

Tycho
10-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I meant congratulating Hasbro on making an obscure figure just for us diorama builders to love. Most of us would probably miss R3-T7 and never know he was there.

Nyrat Agira, however, is hard to miss, though most don't know her by name. She is another example of a non-speaking character with only a split-second of screen time.

That being said, many of us never noticed Pote Snitkin during the 15 years that ROTJ had been out by the time this figure was made. So therefore, Hasbro surprised us (while Ephant Mon was always obvious). Meanwhile, though you could never hear Bo Shek's voice, he DID something important in the film by introducing Ben to Chewbacca, which increases his importance to that scene for certain.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
And then there's the recent piece of crap Naboo Soldier, which I never knew was in the film (well, I never knew they had different costumes than pilots) until they made the figure.

TheDarthVader
10-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I am voting for the droid for best, and for worst I am voting for Zam.

NOW
best
R3-T7 11 votes
Zam 3 votes
Clone Trooper 1 vote
Jango Fett 1 vote

worst
Clone Trooper 9 votes
Zam 3 votes
R3-T7 1 vote
Jango Fett 3 votes

PREVIOUS
best
****Bo Shek 9 votes
Teebo 5 votes
R4-M9 1 vote

worst
****R4-M9 8 votes
Teebo 3 votes
Bo Shek 4 votes

Jaff
10-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Astromech bodies became easy repaints for Hasbro, and the company was already impressed with the performance of R2-B1 and the fan-love shown towards the red astromech, whom some fools even bought the Royal Starship for the sole purpose of getting the droid. I'm not certain, but perhaps only the head sculpt for the R3 droid (clear dome with internal parts visible) was necessary to make R3.

Have you ever heard the saying: but whosoever shall say, thou fool, shall be in danger of hell!

You have just labeled me a fool, and the problem is I don't feel like one nor should anyone else who bought the ship for the droid. Many people who (like my associates) hear I collect think I am foolish. How worse is this to be heard from a fellow collector. That's all I have to say about this.

Jaff
10-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Although some may not consider Star Tours to be Star Wars cannon, it is nonetheless part of the line of figures. As a result it is time that we cover these interesting figures that were only available at Disneyworld.

8/02
RX-24 (Star Tours)
G2-42 (Star Tours)
R3-D3 (Star Tours)
DL-X2 (Star Tours)
R4-M9 (Star Tours)
WEG-1618 (Star Tours)

RX-24 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjrex.asp
G2-42 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjg24t.asp
R3-D3 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjr3d3.asp
DL-X2 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjstdlx2.asp
R4-M9 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjstr4m9.asp
WEG-1618 (Star Tours)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjstweg1618.asp

Jaff
10-11-2006, 09:19 AM
RX-24 (Star Tours) - Captain Rex is unique. I like his visor, and limbs, and thatís about the only thing that draws me to this figure.
G2-42 (Star Tours) - I always thought this character looked a little too much like Johnny 5 from short circuit, thus I never really appreciated this fig. Itís an interesting droid, but it seems borrowed.
R3-D3 (Star Tours) - This figure is just a remake of the Sneak Peak R3-T7. Neither good nor bad.
DL-X2 (Star Tours) - This box with an appendage does look really good in a Jawa diorama depicting the inside of the sandcrawler.
R4-M9 (Star Tours) - When in doubt repaint a released droid, and donít even rename it. Hey it works, and it passes for something seen in the films!
WEG-1618 - This fig looks neat. Itís plain in a skeleton way, but has a unique appearance that stands out. Itís hunched body appearance makes this figure very original.

BEST - I have to go with DL-X2. I know the fig does nothing, and R4 and R3 look more impressive, but this figure is a great addition to a sandcrawler dio. It just looks like it belongs in there. Now we just need a pack of spare parts and it can be perfect.

WORST - Since Iím not a fan of Star Tours figures Iím trying to vote on these ones by creativity, and capability of fitting in the Star Wars universe. All of these are creative with the exception of the droid repaints. I guess I have to go with G2-42 because, like I stated above, he feels borrowed from another film.

El Chuxter
10-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Funny, DL-X2 is my vote for the worst, since he does nothing. He's just a box.

And best, toss-up between WEG-1618 and G2-42. I'll go with WEG-1618.

Notice how the stupid ad software on those rebelscum.com pages try to link "Fan Club" to a coffee company? :confused:

sebillba
10-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Have you ever heard the saying: but whosoever shall say, thou fool, shall be in danger of hell!

You have just labeled me a fool, and the problem is I don't feel like one nor should anyone else who bought the ship for the droid. Many people who (like my associates) hear I collect think I am foolish. How worse is this to be heard from a fellow collector. That's all I have to say about this.

As a very wise old man once said, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" This is your poll, Jaff, and we're all your followers. ;)

sebillba
10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Best - RX-24. The most recoginsable and characterful droid from Star Tours. If I only had one figure from this wave, it would have to be Rex.

Worst - I'm also going for DL-X2 - it's just a filing cabinet with a useless arm. Might've been better if the little door could open.

pegger
10-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I didn't collect these - except for R3, R4 and R5...who isn't on your list....

So among these 3 - I vote R5 as best - as it has nice sculpting, stood in for R5-D4 for a while (I kno whe only has 2 eyes, not 3) and the scarring/battle damage was nice.

worse - R3...It wasn't a straight resculpt. From what I remember, the middle leg doesn't retract.

El Chuxter
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Doesn't it only refer to calling one's brother "thou fool"? So you can call anyone "thou fool," and you can call your brother "you fool."

Deoxyribonucleic
10-11-2006, 12:00 PM
best = RX-24

worst = dl-x2 the box

Tycho
10-11-2006, 12:40 PM

I only intend to insult completists as a group, as I figure they help Hasbro insult ALL OF US. I'm not after anyone personally.

However, the Royal Starship rocks and I would have bought it without any exclusive figure or droid starfighter. I wanted that ship! The Red astromech was just a bonus and I'll take it (did we ever vote on him, btw?)

But anyway, on with Star Tours (I ordered 3 waves of these, multiples of many, but not all. And I still need to order 1 each of wave 4 - for the sandcrawler of course).

BEST: WEG-1618 - nice look and you can use him in so many dioramas - I think he's better as well as complimentary to the ASP-7 droid.

WORST: R4-M9 - it's not only a repaint, it's "pastel." Other than that, I love this droid's sculpt, but....

tagmac
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I didn't buy any of these, nor did I ever go to Disneyworld to actually see them in person, so I will abstain from voting for this group.

Bosskman
10-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Never got these. Might get some someday. Won't vote on 'em.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Best - RX-24 (partially since he's voiced by Paul Reubens, and Star Wars + Pee-wee = awesome)
Worst - DL-X2, just useless

Tycho
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I didn't buy any of these, nor did I ever go to Disneyworld to actually see them in person, so I will abstain from voting for this group.

In the Star Tours forum (do we still have one here?), I got the 800-number to order them. I've never been to Disneyworld Florida, but they do have the figures at Disneyland in SoCal - though I can't justify making the trip just to get these. When I want to shop for Star Wars and when I go to Disneyland don't really coincide. Besides, I usually go to Disneyland with a certain old girlfriend who gives me crap for any time I go shopping for Star Wars - but she wears Prada :rolleyes:

Jaff
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I didn't collect these - except for R3, R4 and R5...who isn't on your list....

So among these 3 - I vote R5 as best - as it has nice sculpting, stood in for R5-D4 for a while (I kno whe only has 2 eyes, not 3) and the scarring/battle damage was nice.

worse - R3...It wasn't a straight resculpt. From what I remember, the middle leg doesn't retract.

The R5-D4 figure you refer to will appear in the 2003 voting poll with the other 4 Star Tour figures that are not listed yet.

Darth Jax
10-11-2006, 08:51 PM
best - johnny 5 (g2)
worst - dlx the filing cabinet

Kidhuman
10-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I dont collect the Star Tours stuff, so I am not going to vote when they come up.

Isobars&

pegger
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
The R5-D4 figure you refer to will appear in the 2003 voting poll with the other 4 Star Tour figures that are not listed yet.

OK - then R4 is best....

Jaff
10-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Vehicle exclusives were in trend during 2001/2002, and this post has some more of these goodies. Some of the most exciting exclusive vehicles came out during 2002, and one of them is the TIE Bomber. The TIE Pilot from the Bomber had no changes, except loose limbs, and as a result is not in this poll.

3/02
Paploo (Imperial AT-ST and Speeder Bike - Toys R Us exclusive)
Dak Ratler (Snowspeeder - Wal-Mart exclusive)
Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder - Wal-Mart exclusive)
8/02
Dagobah R2-D2 (X-Wing - Toys R Us exclusive)
Luke Skywalker (Landspeeder - Toys R Us exclusive)

Paploo (Imperial AT-ST and Speeder Bike - Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJatst.asp
Dak Ratler & Luke (Snowspeeder - Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/potjsnowspeeder.asp
Dagobah R2-D2 (X-Wing - Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaxwing.asp
Luke Skywalker (Landspeeder - Toys R Us exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagalandspeeder.asp

Jaff
10-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Paploo (Imperial AT-ST and Speeder Bike - Toys R Us exclusive) - I was real glad to get Paploo, even though I was slightly disappointed that the back of his head had a flying effect. The figure survives this problem as it is not really noticable when posing this figure face out.
Dak Ratler (Snowspeeder - Wal-Mart exclusive) - I like the Dak Ratler head, and hate the clone Luke pilot body. Why does Dak have to be a body builder?
Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder - Wal-Mart exclusive) - This retool of the 1996 Luke pilot figure has some improvement (his chest hose), but not enough improvement. He is still muscular.
Dagobah R2-D2 (X-Wing - Toys R Us exclusive) - This is one R2 that looks really old. I believe this fig is a repaint of R2-B1, but at least B1 looks unique. This R2 is just splattered with green dots. I donít think that was very effective.
Luke Skywalker (Landspeeder - Toys R Us exclusive) - I was going to omit this figure from the poll, but changed my mind even though this Luke is identical to the older versions we are now tired of. The only unique aspect of this fig is that it has a weathered look on his sleeves and the base of his tunic, much like the floppy hat (flashback) version. Unlike that fig it does not have binoculars that can hang from his belt. Despite this tiny variation from the other Lukeís I did not even pay attention to this figure. It was a been-there/done-that item. Not worthy of being best or worst in this list.

BEST - Paploo, despite his flapping head dress. I just could not pick Dak even though I wanted to because of his muscles and we all must realize that the chance of him being remade are now slim. There are so many other pilots to be made. Unfortunately this figure may forever be muscular.

WORST - Dagobah R2

Slicker
10-13-2006, 09:14 AM
For this one I'm gonna have to go with:

BEST - Paploo. It was a new Ewok figure.

WORST - Dak. He's still too dang beefy.

El Chuxter
10-13-2006, 09:31 AM
These weren't exactly stellar choices all around, though I can't quite say they sucked.

Best: Wicket Paploo
Worst: R2-D2

pegger
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Best - Paploo

Worst - Dak - although I was happy to get him...he's need a new figure.

sebillba
10-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Best - PAPLOO

Worst - R2

Tycho
10-13-2006, 11:28 AM
BEST: Paploo - and that's being generous. I really want a resculpt. I've heard he's made out of Wicket-parts (never compared him really) and I don't like the flying hood. It's very scene-specific. Paploo ought to be carded. I could see that happening though. The other 3 Ewoks from the vintage days are a harder sell (Lumat, Warok, Romba) - but I think Hasbro has said they'd like to do all of them.

WORST: Luke Snowspeeder - sometimes it's wonderful having a Luke Tatooine to kick around, but here there was no removeable helmet even after the buck-toothed POTJ fiasco. I never bought this set. I have 3 Snowspeeders from their original release and you can't even really see inside their cockpits to tell that the '96 Luke Snowspeeder is flying and tailgunning all of them (why waste on of my Wedge figures when you wouldn't even be able to see him in there in enough detail to tell the difference?)

Dak was inconsequential - I wouldn't be likely to even buy a carded figure of him (though I always wanted Hobbie and Janson). And it's RALTER not Ratler. If Hasbro mispelled it as well, I couldn't tell you. But being "Tycho," I rather know something about Rogue Squadron.

Dagobah R2? - Well I didn't buy that but I don't recall it being as good as the 2004 OTC version which was too good to pass on - but will undoubtedly be passed over on in favor of Luke Dagobah with the multiple hands when we get to those figures in the poll. Oh well - sorry R2. It doesn't look like you'll get a lot of love in this poll.

tagmac
10-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Best: I was gonna go with Tatooine Luke, but after looking at the pictures I have to go with Paploo here. It's been so long, I'd forgotten how these figures even looked, and while the Luke figure is a close second, I hate the look on the face. The flying effect on Paploo doesn't bug me at all.

Worst: R2-D2 - I never wasted money on another X-Wing, and this R2 was more than made up for by the Saga version, which was much better.

Bosskman
10-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Best - Paploo
Worst - Luke Landspeeder

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I only got one of these figures so I won't vote this time . . .

Kidhuman
10-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Paploo best

R2 worst

Mad Slanted Powers
10-13-2006, 07:33 PM
This is tough. Paploo and Dack are the only new characters here, but Dack is just another pumped up POTF2 style figure, and Paploo doesn't impress me much. Small figures and furry figures are hard to do right I think. R2 has no middle leg and looks a lot like a POTF2 figure as well. Luke is okay.

BEST - Luke with Landspeeder
WORST - Luke with Snowspeeder

Darth Jax
10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
best - R2 - sorry, i like the just been sneezed on look.

worst - luke snowspeeder (he's just here to *pump* you up). since dak was a new character he's not as bad as steroid luke.

Jaff
10-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Here is a current update on our last two voting polls. I will post early tommorrow with our first group of EPISODE II Figures!

Star Tours, wave 1
BEST
DL-X2 (Star Tours) 1
WEG-1618 (Star Tours) 2
RX-24 (Star Tours) 3
G2-42 (Star Tours) 1
R4-M9 (Star Tours) 1

WORST
G2-42 (Star Tours) 1
DL-X2 (Star Tours) 5
R4-M9 (Star Tours) 1
R3-D3 (Star Tours) 1

Vehicle Exclusives with figure (2002)
BEST
Paploo (AT-ST) 9
Luke Skywalker (Landspeeder) 1
R2-D2 Dagobah (X-Wing) 1

WORST
R2-D2 Dagobah (X-Wing) 5
Dak Ratler (Snowspeeder) 2
Luke Skywalker Hoth Pilot (Snowspeeder) 2
Luke Skyalker Tatooine (Snowspeeder) 2

Deoxyribonucleic
10-14-2006, 02:09 PM
best = paploo

worst = dak

dindae
10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Best - Paploo
Worst - Dak

Jaff
10-15-2006, 02:43 AM
On 4/23/02 at midnight we all saw the first 26 Episode II figures on the shelf. Whether you love or hate the Episode II Saga line they had some very impressive detail, and some figures were actually fun to mess with. The super posed figures were perfect for dioramaís, while others were just confusing to look at. Despite the mixed feelings that this line caused it was yet another welcomed event for us collectors.

Saga #1 Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise
Saga #2 Padme Amidala Arena Escape
Saga #3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase
Saga #4 C-3PO
Saga #5 Kit Fisto Jedi Master
Saga #6 Super Battle Droid
Saga #7 Boba Fett Kamino Escape
Saga #8 Tusken Raider Female with Child
Saga #9 Captain Typho Padmeís Head of Security

So which is your Best and worst out of this group?

Saga #1 Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaanakinoutlandpeasant.asp
Saga #2 Padme Amidala Arena Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagapadmeamidalaarenaescape.asp
Saga #3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaobiwancoruscantchase.asp
Saga #4 C-3PO
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagac3po.asp
Saga #5 Kit Fisto Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagakitfisto.asp
Saga #6 Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagasuperbattledroid.asp
Saga #7 Boba Fett Kamino Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagabobafettkaminoescape.asp
Saga #8 Tusken Raider Female with Child
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagatuskenfemale.asp
Saga #9 Captain Typho Padmeís Head of Security
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagacaptaintypho.asp

Jaff
10-15-2006, 02:45 AM
Saga #1 Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise - The telescoping lightsaber was a nice form of nostalgia, yet the problem was Anakin did not use his lightsaber when in this outfit, nor did he have any such pose while wearing his peasant clothes. Thus, this figure is not very useful to me. In fact when I think of this one I am quite disapointed.
Saga #2 Padme Amidala Arena Escape - Lara Croft Padme was something I hated when it first came out. When did she look like this in the movie? Well it took me awhile to figure this out. I want you to do an experiment. Put evolutions Anakin on the Reek. Behind Anakin place this Padme. Her legs are so wide that she fits just right. I now appreciate this figure just for the display I have described to you.
Saga #3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase - Well, this fig almost looked like Obi, and I loved the assassin droid that came with him. Plus this Obi is not bad to look at. I mean he displays in an arena dio pretty good. Still he is a bit lackluster.
Saga #4 C-3PO - It just doesnít seem that I have much good to say about these figures so far, and C-3PO is yet another one to crack on. This is a bulky mess of droid parts that fall off all the time. I simply donít display this figure any more. I use the Saga 2 3PO.
Saga #5 Kit Fisto Jedi Master - Great character, cool looking figure, but itís a statue. I like dioís, but sometimes I would like to see this figure without a sneer or super pose.
Saga #6 Super Battle Droid - This is the first figure that is normal out of this group. Even though it canít stand very well it does have the awesome feature of interchangable arms. It also looks good. As far as Iím concerned this fig is a winner!
Saga #7 Boba Fett Kamino Escape - Another super pose figure, but he still looks good. I canít wait till Hasbro remakes this figure. How about a evolutions Boba Fett pack with Jango, Boba kid, and Boba. Now that would be a salivating prospect. But for now, we have this one. It will do.
Saga #8 Tusken Raider Female with Child - A Tusken female! How cool is that. I never thought Iíd see one of those, and a child too. Sweet! The mother fig is nice despite her arthritic posed hands. The child is a nice addition too.
Saga #9 Captain Typho Padmeís Head of Security - This is a true Star Wars figure in my book. Heís fairly nuetral, has great detail. His likeness is dead on, and even the bottom of his boots has fine detail. It truly is a nice figure.

BEST - Typho, heís what I look for in a fig. The Tuskin and Super Battle droid were my other options. Each one had a flaw, Typho did not!

WORST - Anakin Peasant or Bulky-PO. I donít like either of them, but at least Anakin can be displayed. The 3PO with his coverings on is just ugly looking. I guess 3PO looses this round.

Tycho
10-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Saga #1 Anakin Skywalker Outland Peasant Disguise - I didn't like the telescoping lightsaber. If the outfit was actually important in the scheme of the story, I'd call for a resculpt. But who needs one? I don't. That's for sure.

Saga #2 Padme Amidala Arena Escape - I like boobs and what they make me think of, even if they are on a little action figure. While I'm pathetic, Padme is kind of as well. I use a clear band to keep her gun arm down when I needed it to be - like the scene where she helps the wounded armless Anakin up from his battle with Dooku. That problem solved, I don't need a resculpt. She's alright, but far from perfect. She has too many other outfits never made yet to waste time on a resculpt.

Saga #3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Coruscant Chase - He's so short! I think he was stunted so the magnet on the Assasin droid could carry his weight. I don't think until the E3 figures did Hasbro nail Ewan's likeness, and the AOTC figures of Kenobi were certainly not a highlight, but rather a disappointment.

Saga #4 C-3PO - I liked the whole idea of this C-3PO - what a great play feature! He might not have looked perfect when everything was put on him, but he was a lot of fun. I'll give him props for that.

Saga #5 Kit Fisto Jedi Master - He was too pre-posed and his action feature was very manual instead of remote controlled. The ROTS Kit Fisto figure had a poorer headsculpt, but a better body.

Saga #6 Super Battle Droid - The figure could be annoying to put together and his firing arm looked fake, while his regular arm that didn't shoot anything wasn't even able to be posed in a firing position. I was a bit disappointed here. The droid did come with enough display options though - including the battle-damaged chestplate. That was a good idea.

Saga #7 Boba Fett - Kid Fett was useful, but nothing to get excited about. I'm glad they made him and he came with his little rain coat.

Saga #8 Tusken Raider Female with Child - It was an interesting design and an interesting figure. Very "Egyptian." I like this one and am glad I have it.

Saga #9 Captain Typho Padme’s Head of Security - He's perfect and they did a nice job. I like his rare GREEN blaster blast effect, as well.

BEST - Typho, I agree with Jaff.

WORST - Anakin Peasant just bugs me with that stiff arm and the very unnecessary telescoping lightsaber. He's the one figure here that I can work the least with.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Best = Captain Typho

Worst = Boba Fett

sebillba
10-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Best - my personal fave from this lot is Kit Fisto, but he is let down by his pre-posed legs, so I'm going to vote constructively and agree TYPHO is the best figure - he's not a particularly exciting character IMO, but it is a great sculpt, with spot-on likeness and nice neutral pose. The removable helmet is also cool. Just a shame they didn't do the others this well. (I very nearly went for the Tusken Raider, which is almost perfect, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote for a mother and child action figure.)

Worst - this is really tough, as most of these are either boring figures with cool accessories (Boba, C-3PO) or nice looking figures with major flaws (Obi: way to small, Super Battle Droid: can't stand up). I think I'll have to go for PADME... way too pre-posed and a stupid action feature. (I also use mine on the Reek, but behind Tatooine Attack Anakin, which also fits perfectly.)

Kidhuman
10-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Best - Tusken female

Worst - Anakin

pegger
10-15-2006, 08:59 AM
For best - I'm gonna agree with KH - Tuskan female. Female alien, with little kid! 2 figs in one package.

Worst- Anakin. As soon as I opened this figure, it went in the toy box. Padme, Obi Wan and Kit Fisto's all deserve dishonourable mentions for being carp too.

My problem with most of the Saga figures, is as Tycho says - they are horrible...and there are too many other figures that should be done first, or resculpted before most of these, so iI am afraid that we will get stuck with some poor figures for a long time...

El Chuxter
10-15-2006, 10:07 AM
Tusken Lady narrowly beats Typho for best.

Worst: Wow. This is sad that this Padme, C-3PO, and Anakin are in the same round, so they can't all get the Worst label they deserve. They all suck hard, but I think the C-3PO is the worst of the bunch. He seemed more like something that came in a cereal box or out of a bubblegum machine than a $7 figure.

Bosskman
10-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Best - Typho I sorta like the character too, there's somethin' really starwarsy about him. While I don't like the blaster effects, the green one was sorta cool and unique.

Worst - Padme, hands down. She NEEDS a resculpt. Even Tycho would not turn down a SA Nexu-molested Padme. Plus she's gettin' yeller. Followed closely by 3PO - terrible even though it's a cool play feature. Hasbro has never nailed the colors of AOTC 3PO. Anakin ain't so bad. He is what he is. The others are OK figures even if they are statuesque (Fisto) or dated (SBD). Not a bad buch, plus I found them months early at Walmart.

pbarnard
10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Finally, a wave that I found/bought something out of (albiet very little).

Best: Female Tusken. Finally got to see what one was, decent sculpt, the child pack in was bonus.

Worst: Peasant Anakin. Couldn't even customize this badboy.

Tycho
10-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Worst = Boba Fett

What the heck is wrong with Kid Fett? There are far greater sinners in this line as we all have pointed out. Sure you have a right to your opinion De, but please let us know what was on your mind when you voted.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Best - Captain Typho (Padmť's Head of Security)
Worst - C-3PO (Protocol Droid)

It seems like, in movie years, all the progress towards making great figures is reset and the first few waves of movie figures suck really badly.

Tycho
10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
It seems like, in movie years, all the progress towards making great figures is reset and the first few waves of movie figures suck really badly.

Nah. First POTJ upped the standards incredibly high. TPM figures weren't that bad in a lot of respects. AOTC took a turn for the worse. ROTS had some really good figures though. Meanwhile, Clone Wars, Saga 1 (year 2), and OTC had some really nice ones though as articulation advanced (which started with POTJ really).

Mad Slanted Powers
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Yes, most of these are rather carpy.

Padme, Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan are too pre-posed, and Anakin is kind of useless.

I put the Super Battle Droid on a stand. It had been on there a long time and I recently looked at it, and it seems his legs got kind of warped. Flimsy plastic and a top heavy figure.

Boba is an all right figure. A couple a guns, a jet pack, and removeable helmet and cape.

I actually think C-3PO is all right compared to the rest of this wave. Kind of boring, but no extreme poses and the removeable coverings is interesting.

Typho is a good figure, but would be better if his stance was more neutral.

Tusken female is mostly a statue, but that is a plus in this wave.

This is a tough decision for best. I hadn't planned on it when I started this post, but I think I will go with Boba.

BEST - Boba Fett
WORST - Super Battle Droid

Bosskman
10-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a few SBDs and never had any problems with standing them.

tagmac
10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Best: Tusken Raider Female w/ child - I liked the way they complemented the Male Tusken Raider by giving this character a burqa. Very similar to Middle Eastern culture, much of which is also in a desert-type of a landscape.

Worst: Anakin Skywalker - this one looked plain ridiculous, even worse than Padme's pose.

dindae
10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Best Tusken w/ child
Worst Padme the stance, the GINORMOUS gun, and the action feature all wrong just very wrong.

Darth Jax
10-16-2006, 08:57 PM
typho and anakin for best and worst respectively.

Jaff
10-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Current results for this group:

Saga figures 1 - 9
BEST
Captain Typho (Saga) 7
Tusken Raider Female and Child (Saga) 6
Boba Fett Kamino Escape (Saga) 1

WORST
C-3PO (Saga) 3
Anakin Skywalker Peasant (Saga) 6
Boba Fett Kamino Escape (Saga) 1
Padme Amidalla Arena Escape (Saga) 3
Super Battle Droid (Saga) 1

Does anyone know where TDV is?

Jaff
10-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Here is the second batch of initial Episode II released figures.

Saga #10 Shaak Ti Jedi Master
Saga #11 Battle Droid Arena Battle
Saga #12 Plo Koon Arena Battle
Saga #13 Jango Fett Kamino Escape
Saga #14 R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry
Saga #15 Geonosian Warrior
Saga #16 Dexter Jettster
Saga #17 Clone Trooper
Saga #18 Zam Wesell

Which one is your Best and Worst?

Saga #10 Shaak Ti Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagashaaktijedimaster.asp
Saga #11 Battle Droid Arena Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagabattledroidarenabattle.asp
Saga #12 Plo Koon Arena Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaplokoonbattlearena.asp
Saga #13 Jango Fett Kamino Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagajangofettkaminoescape.asp
Saga #14 R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagar2d2coruscantsentry.asp
Saga #15 Geonosian Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagageonosian.asp
Saga #16 Dexter Jettster
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadexter.asp
Saga #17 Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaredclone.asp
Saga #18 Zam Wesell
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagazam.asp

Jaff
10-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Saga #10 Shaak Ti Jedi Master - When I display my figures I always have a Geonisis battle display, and that allows me to appreciate the statue jedi figures. Shaak is definately a statue, and to be truthful, if I did not make a Geonosis diorama I would really dislike this figure.
Saga #11 Battle Droid Arena Battle - I know the Battle droids in Episode II were a brownish pink color, but the color just does not look right on this figure. Besides that itís a nice figure.
Saga #12 Plo Koon Arena Battle - Another statue-esque jedi. I never bought this one as I was satisfied with my POTJ version of this figure.
Saga #13 Jango Fett Kamino Escape - This Jango was an improvement over the Sneak Peak version, but it still needed a lot of work. First I had to cut off that string that was attatched to the figure. The helmet doesnít completely cover up his neck, and his pose doesnít look all that great. I really wish there was another quality Jango out there.
Saga #14 R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry - This is a nice R2. One of the best ones out there. His light up dome is a really nice feature. Still itís not the best R2 because his third leg does not retract.
Saga #15 Geonosian Warrior - The warrior is not a bad fig. It looks like it should even with itís spread leg pose. Usually I have this figure dangling over my Geonisis dio and it looks great. Standing it is a bit difficult though.
Saga #16 Dexter Jettster - Dex is the quality that POTJ set. This incredible figure just looked wonderful. There is not one flaw with Dex, and this fig actually stands out among the first batch of 26 figures. He was a definitive contrast to the others.
Saga #17 Clone Trooper - Wide pose, O.K. detail, only good for dios.
Saga #18 Zam Wesell - There is better detail on Zam than the sneak peak fig, and since you could change the face of Zam it was like two figures in one. She can only stand with a base, and I find that very frustrating as I believe figures should be made to stand. Despite that this was a fine figure.

BEST - Dexter, no contest here.

WORST - Well every figs main negative points is that they are a statue. They look good. I suppose the worst is Plo Koon (because they already made this figure), or the Clone Trooper (this fig is fairly plain with nothing really new to offer either). Iíll go with Plo Koon because he is less useful than the clone.

Kidhuman
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Dexter best

Worst - Plo Koon