PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

dindae
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I'll echo the others
Best- Dexster
Worst- Plo Koon my biggest issue with this figure is that it always looked off and had a hard time balancing.

tagmac
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Best: Shaak Ti - statue or not, this was a really great looking figure.

Worst: Battle Droid - the pose on the legs looks bad, very un-sturdy, and we'd already seen this one before anyway.

sebillba
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Best - SHAAK TI... a very striking figure with great detail

Worst - the latest floppy-legged BATTLE DROID

pbarnard
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Best: Dexter
Worst Battle Droid

El Chuxter
10-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Best: Tough choice between Shaak and Dex, but I'll go with Dex.

Worst: Zam. Her features didn't work, and they really hurt an otherwise nice figure.

Darth Jax
10-17-2006, 10:18 AM
worst - battle droid - hasbro makes toys that are supposed to be played with, but they use low quality plastic on such a thin figure that it consistently wilts.

best - tough call between clone trooper and dex - but i'll go with dex.

pegger
10-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Best - Dex

Worst - Battle Droid - flimsy plastic, and what the hecka re those lightning things for anyways?

Tycho
10-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Saga #10 Shaak Ti Jedi Master - Nice, but not THAT exciting. I'm glad I have her, but wish she was more neutral and articulated.

Saga #11 Battle Droid Arena Battle - Pathetically flimsy. I also got a chance to get a lot of E1 Battle Droids at $1.99 or whatever, so I use them for Geonosis because they are sturdier and I already have them. By the time I set Clone Wars and ROTS dioramas up, I needed some E2 Droids. I'll probably switch them all around so they are the correct color on the correct planet when I get to resetting things up.

Saga #12 Plo Koon Arena Battle - Pre-posed and here's a Jedi that looks better with his cloak ON. They could have made his Jedi robe on him and billowing out for a pre-posed statue even. But I'm not the Plo Koon fan others here are.

Saga #13 Jango Fett Kamino Escape - I really like this figure! You wrap his cable shooter string around the stump on his arm and you don't need to cut it off. I love the holsters, the removeable helmet. I wish the firing missle didn't have a huge "child-can't-swallow-it" stick on the end. But if it weren't for his competition here, Jango would be a shoe-in for my best pick here.

Saga #14 R2-D2 Coruscant Sentry - This is a nice R2. One of the best ones out there. His light up dome is a really nice feature. Still itís not a standout figure in his present company. But I enjoyed getting him and I think they got a lot of mileage out of this sculpt as the Dagobah R2 and ROTS one used this mold and electronic feature (with different sounds) I'm pretty sure. He never pegwarmed!

Saga #15 Geonosian Warrior - I army built this figure buying 15 on Midnite Madness - the most of any one figure that night I believe. The warrior is a great figure with poseable wings which no figure could boast of having before (Watto was not poseable that way) This one is a definite contender and a good sculpting job. Still, perhaps he doesn't get there because he was bought as such a multiple "cannon fodder" figure. That shouldn't hurt him, but look at his competition.

Saga #16 Dexter Jettster - Dex is a perfect figure! He nails a fine performance against the rest here.

Saga #17 Clone Trooper - A cool figure. I like his coloring best of all the Clone ranks. I don't know why we waited this long for a sergeant (green), why the lieutenient and commander were never carded (blue and yellow) except on Clone Wars 2-packs and so forth. But I like the figure and he looks great in dioramas.

Saga #18 Zam Wesell- This is a good figure with a lot of features. I liked Zam.

BEST - Dexter, no contest here.

WORST - Battle Droid because he is flimsy and less stable than Plo Koon and the fact that they took a fine TPM sculpt and figured out how to manufacture it worse. :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Best = Dexter

Worst = Geonosian Warrior

Bosskman
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Best - Dex
Worst - BD

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Best - Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
Worst - Plo Koon (Arena Battle)

Jaff
10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Here are the current results for this wave:

Saga figures 10 - 18
BEST
Dexter Jettster (Saga) 11
Shaak Ti (Saga) 2

WORST
Plo Koon (Saga) 4
Battle Droid (Saga) 7
Zam Wessel (Saga) 1
Geonosian Warrior (Saga) 1

Just to let you folks know, TDV will be out for awhile, so I'll tally the numbers for a bit until he returns.

Jaff
10-19-2006, 09:21 AM
The last of the first batch of Episode II figs is next! Itís not Attack of the Clones, itís attack of the statues!

Saga #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
Saga #20 Saesee Tinn Jedi Master
Saga #21 Nikto Jedi Master
Saga #22 Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel
Saga #23 Yoda Jedi Master
Saga #24 Senator Jar Jar Binks
Saga #25 Taun We
Saga #26 Luminara Unduli

Which are your best and worst of these?

Saga #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaroyalguard.asp
Saga #20 Saesee Tinn Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagasaesee.asp
Saga #21 Nikto Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/saganiktojedi.asp
Saga #22 Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaanakinhd.asp
Saga #23 Yoda Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagayoda.asp
Saga #24 Senator Jar Jar Binks
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagajarjar.asp
Saga #25 Taun We
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagataunwe.asp
Saga #26 Luminara Unduli
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaluminara.asp

Jaff
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Saga #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security) - Despite this figures weird pose, it has the best Royal Guard stick out there. I bought this fig just for the weapon. I canít believe the ROTS version came with a Biker Scout Gun! What was up with that? Yet were voting on the figure as a whole, and it doesnít quite get great for me.
Saga #20 Saesee Tinn Jedi Master - Like Plo, I passed on this one. I was satisfied with the earlier Saesee, and in truth this is the worst Saesee in my eyes.
Saga #21 Nikto Jedi Master - Of all the Diorama figures this is one of my favorites. I love posing this fig in the Geonosis Arena with a battle droid at the tip of his lightsaber. It looks great. Still, itís a statue, and that makes it a fair figure at best.
Saga #22 Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel - Before the evolutions Anakin this was the best Anakin. It wasnít a bad figure, and it had two lightsabers to add to the cool value. Not to mention you could chop off the little whiner's arm. Way cool!
Saga #23 Yoda Jedi Master - It was really cool to finally have a Yoda with a lightsaber. That in itself made this figure a winner. Far better versions have been since this figure, but it was still cool back in the day.
Saga #24 Senator Jar Jar Binks - The only confusion I ever had about this figure was when Jar Jar looked like this in the film. He looks like heís break dancing. It must have been a deleted scene we never saw.
Saga #25 Taun We - A great looking figure. Basically this one is a statue too because itís arms are the only things that move. Still, itís in a neutral pose, and it is a great looking figure. Iím drawn to it because of its unique appearance, and Iím really a fan of Kaminoans.
Saga #26 Luminara Unduli - Holy cow, if there ever was a super statue, this is a perfect example. To sum it up itís only good for one diorama, and thatís about it. Iím not sure I would even categorize this as a figure!

BEST - Taun We

WORST - Senator Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
10-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Saga #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security) - The figure was improving since the 1997 salt-shaker. It still had limited poseability.

Saga #20 Saesee Tinn Jedi Master - I like the sculpt on this one. Now I've always like SaeSee's design for "action" better than Plo Koon's for some reason. He just looks like he's a fast and furious fighter.

Saga #21 Nikto Jedi Master - Either a card game or Lucas' website named him Sirch Fi Ek - not that anyone cares. But I like to call him that because it makes me feel like I know something very few others do and that gives me some advantage at being hailed "Uber-Dork" or something. He's a statue, but I like him.

Saga #22 Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel - I like this figure and only saw it surpassed by the new likeness and better articulation of the "wedding" Anakin issued the next year. I don't have the Evolutions one Jaff referred to, but want that single-carded or something (without an angry face) and without shelling out for a collecting tin and any other figures I don't actually need. His arm falls off very easily though.

Saga #23 Yoda Jedi Master - There were things wrong with this Yoda - limited articulation, fused legs, the silly spinning action feature. It was alright, but I'm not sure a Yoda figure has satisfied me yet for the modern line. I remember that it wasn't this one.

Saga #24 Senator Jar Jar Binks - This was his appearance in the Senate when he made a motion on Naboo's behalf to grant Palpatine emergency powers - thereby making a lot of folks think that was Padme's defacto position on the matter, even though that was quite the opposite. (That's why they were trying to kill her, besides Nute Gunray's thirst for revenge). JarJar's action posed statue was awful though.

Saga #25 Taun We - A rubber figure that felt like I was buying "a Bendie." There really wasn't another way to do this character, but I was not a big fan. I'm actually curious why Lana Su wasn't the first Kaminoan figure we got - but probably because he'd sell (and did sell) better than Taun We.

Saga #26 Luminara Unduli - Yeah, she was a super-statue, but it made up for never getting a 7" Luminara Unleashed. The ROTS figure is so much more superior - but I like the pose they chose for the statue. Now I wish they'd make Bariss a neutral figure like they did Luminara.

BEST - Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel) - but he was far from perfect.

WORST - Senator Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Mostly a bunch of overposed statues here up against two gimmicky figures. :)

Best: Anakin

Worst: Samurai-fightin' Jar Jar

sebillba
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Best - YODA... ok, he's got limited artic, and has been done much better since, but this was the first Yoda with a lightsabre, which was so cool, and at the time, I loved this figure above all others. (I also liked Taun We, but agree Lama Su should've come first, and when he did, his accessory - ie, a second figure - was so much better than Taun's. My other fave from this bunch is Nikto Jedi - I liked him so much, I also had to buy the boxed set to get the unrobed version. But he still couldn't compare to Yoda.)

Worst - BINKS

pegger
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Here are my impressions:

Saga #19 Royal Guard (Coruscant Security) - Carp - robes different colour than body.

Saga #20 Saesee Tinn Jedi Master - carp what the hell is that thing he's holding?

Saga #21 Nikto Jedi Master - Carp overly posed.

Saga #22 Anakin Skywalker Hangar duel - stupid gimmick at the back...therefore carp.

Saga #23 Yoda Jedi Master - with enima machine! carp

Saga #24 Senator Jar Jar Binks - an incredible pile of carp. I'm not a huge jar jar fan, but this was a real slap in the face to the character.

Saga #25 Taun We - by default, because it has no stupid action pose or stupid action feature, the "best (least carpy in my opinion)

Saga #26 Luminara Unduli - with super ninja pose. cool detail, but ultimate a useless figure, unless in a diaroma. carp.

Least Worst - Taun We

Most Worst - Senator Jar Jar Binks

dindae
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Best is going to go to Anakin I liked the figure and action feature actually enhanced the figure rather than detracted. Taun We is a close second but she can't stand without a base very well.

Worst is Jar Jar. Why this is a neutral pose I will never know.

Deoxyribonucleic
10-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Best = Royal Guard

Worst = Jar Jar

pbarnard
10-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Best: Nikito Jedi. Alien Jedi sculpt, always a plus
Worst: Luminara Unduli. Too posed to be of any good.

tagmac
10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Best: Luminara Unduli - It may be a statue, but like Shaak Ti, the likeness is awesome!

Worst: Senator Jar Jar - the pose kills this one. had it been neutral, it wouldn't have been half bad.

Bosskman
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Best - Royal Guard
Worst - BINKS

Tycho
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Anyone think there's any correlation between our reaction to the Ep2 JarJar figure and why there was not an Ep3 JarJar figure?

Oh - and could that have somehow been averted had the Gungan not been so pre-posed?

Kidhuman
10-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Best Nikto

Worst Binks

Darth Jax
10-19-2006, 10:54 PM
best - two toned royal guard

worst - luminara

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2006, 01:17 AM
Time to get caught up.

Previous wave

Didn't like the Battle Droid. After having it on a stand for a while, I notice one leg looking deformed or something. Don't know if it was that way or if putting it on the stand did that.

I suppose Shaak Ti looks has a decent pose for a statue. I didn't like that when not on a stand, she tended to fall forward so that only her robe was keeping her from falling over.

Don't really like the Geonosian. Have had lots of trouble keeping him standing, though he is doing okay so far since I brought him in here. Maybe I have the legs adjusted right now. We'll see what happens when I put him back on the Geonosian playset.

Don't really like the Plo Koon figure. Less of a statue than Shaak Ti, but I just don't like the look of it.

Zam is kind of knock-kneed and pigeon toed, but she does have more articulation then the rest of the wave.

When I first opened the Clone, I thought something was totally messed up with his legs. Once I figured out what was up, he actually looks okay posed standing and holding the weapon. The other accessories make this figure even better.

Jango would be a great figure if the legs were so fixed.

Dexter is a good figure, but I can't vote him best. With all those arms close together, it would be nice if at least one of them had elbow articulation so that it could move out of the way of the other ones a bit better. Also, I can't find a way for him to hold the dart.

BEST - Clone Trooper
WORST - Battle Droid

Mad Slanted Powers
10-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Current Wave -

Jar Jar - In an action pose holding a weapon he never used in the movie. They should have taken the path they went with on the Chancellor Palpatine figure released shortly after this.

Yoda - Being a small figure, he is hard to do, but this is far from the best version.

Nikto and Saesee Tiin - Don't like the poses, and Saesee has trouble holding his flame or force thingy or whatever it is.

Anakin - An okay figure, but far from perfect.

Taun We - Kind of difficult to stand.

Royal Guard - A decent figure. If you put his arms in the right place, he can look somewhat neutral.

Luminara - I like this character, so I would have preferred a more versatile figure, but at least she looks great in this pose as she channels Spider-Man.

BEST - Royal Guard
WORST - Saesee Tiin.

Bosskman
10-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Jar Jar would have been good in a pose like Rep Been's. In fact, I want a figure like that.

TheDarthVader
10-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Best is Royal Guard and worst is Jar Jar Binks!

Sorry guys, I have been working a lot lately. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Best - Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master) - she may be preposed, but I love how it's directly from the film.
Worst - Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator) - when preposing goes bad.

Jaff
10-21-2006, 08:16 PM
The Deluxe figures on release night were filled with more action features that you love. Many were peg warmers for months to come.

4/02
Deluxe Darth Tyrannus
Deluxe Mace Windu
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi
Deluxe Jango Fett

So which is your best and worst?

Deluxe Darth Tyrannus
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxdooku.asp
Deluxe Mace Windu
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxmace.asp
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxobiwan.asp
Deluxe Jango Fett
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxjango.asp

pbarnard
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Best: Jango Fett. Sadly, this is just slightly below average figure while the rest just suck.

Worst: Tyranus. Some one had to win. It was possible to go for worst of the Saga line, and they were all in competition with each other. Flipping action was a bad idea. Hope some one was fired over it.

Tycho
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
All of these were hardly on my favorites list - but:

BEST: Mace Windu - the battle droid was rehashed Episode One crap (from the hanger playset) but Mace, while preposed, was very useful in dioramas and I like this figure and his likeness.

WORST: Hasbro proves again that for 6 years they couldn't figure out how to sculpt Ewan McGreggor (then in 2005 came "Pilot Obi-Wan from ROTS). Before then, if an Obi-Wan figure was released in a wave, it's a contender for most-awful in my book. Nothing against Obi-Wan either - he's like my favorite prequel character! But Hasbro and Ewan just didn't work well together for a long time there.

Aside from that, both Force-Flippers and Spine-Transplant-Surgery-Jango were not my idea of "worth it."

I think some of these figures get produced with a think tank mentality:

all of Hasbro's guys are sitting around a table and saying "Joey hasn't had an idea made yet. Joey?"

Joey says, "We don't have any farting Star Wars figures."

Next, a Deluxe Line is made with Gas Force Powers just to not slight Joey's contributions to Hasbro. That must have also been how we got the Custom Choppers. :rolleyes:

I have to admit, the E1 Deluxe Figures with the lightsaber moves worked better, and the E3 ones (like Building Vader) were awesome and getting back towards the quality we hadn't seen since POTJ (some of them). AOTC provided many of the worst Deluxe Figures, one exception being the Nexu. Guess we'll get to that later.

El Chuxter
10-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Can we just have two worsts? No?

Worst worst: Obi-Wan, though it could have just as easily been Tyrannus.

Least worst: Jango

Jaff
10-21-2006, 10:21 PM
Deluxe Darth Tyrannus - This was the only Deluxe figure that I bought out of the group. I wanted a count Dooku figure, and at the time this was the only one out there. Supposedly this Dooku could flip and land on his feet. Nice idea, but it didn’t work great, and feet for magnets sure didn’t help the figure’s display value much!
Deluxe Mace Windu - As much as I hate statues, compared to the other three in this group, this figure looks the most realistic. That doesn't mean I like this figure though.
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi - Like Tycho said, another bad likeness of Ewan! + magnet feet + non-working features = DUD!
Deluxe Jango Fett - Bulk armor Jango had a sour taste in my mouth, and what was with his rescue hero size weapon.

BEST - Deluxe Mace

WORST - Deluxe Obi-Wan

Jaff
10-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Who would have guessed that Jar Jar would win by a landslide. I bet everyone!!!!

Saga figures 19 - 26
BEST
Taun We (Saga) 2
Anakin Skywalker Hanger Duel (Saga) 3
Yoda Jedi Master (Saga) 1
Royal Guard (Saga) 5
Nikto Jedi (Saga) 2
Luminara Unduli (Saga) 2

WORST
Jar Jar Binks (Saga) 12
Luminara Unduli (Saga) 2
Saesee Tinn (Saga) 1

Mad Slanted Powers
10-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Mace is all right compared to the two Saga basic Mace figures.

I like the idea of Jango with the removeable armor, though he looks a bit too bulky with it all on.

Obi-Wan ain't so great, but I like it better than Tyranus. Dooku looks like he threw out his back.

BEST - Mace Windu
WORST - Darth Tyranus

Kidhuman
10-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Best is Mace

Worst is Dooku

sebillba
10-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Best - JANGO... all of these are gimmicky figures aimed more at kids, but Jango has by far the most play value IMO.

Worst - DOOKU... both of these force flippers were pieces of junk, and I was a lot more selective about buying deluxe figures after these.

Bosskman
10-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Best - Mace, the only one I got. Not a bad figure, he looks good in the gunship. (and Tycho, the BD was NOT rehashed from the THP, it's completely different as it uses the ACCURATE BD likeness started by the Secuiry BD and the Boomer Damaged BD rather than the bulky, pointy faced, BD likeness from the EP 1 line) Also, there wre TWO versions of the BD. The beige one and the red Geonosis colored one.

Worst - I'll go with Obi Wan.

Darth Jax
10-22-2006, 10:23 AM
best - mace
worst - all of them sucked, but obers was the worst of them.

tagmac
10-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Best: Jango Fett, because it actually looked good posed.

Worst: Deluxe Obi-Wan, a waste of a figure, and I still don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.

Jaff
10-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Here are the current poll results for the best and worst figure. It's a very close race between both categories.

Saga initial Deluxe figures
BEST
Jango Fett (Saga Deluxe) 4
Mace Windu (Saga Deluxe) 6

WORST
Darth Tyranus (Saga Deluxe) 4
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Saga Deluxe) 6

Jaff
10-23-2006, 12:17 AM
The ďsecondĒ wave of Saga figures included the much in demand Dooku, and a highly anticipated Luke Skywalker, which for a time, was considered a rarity. With the Luke, came two varients that caused a ruckuss. The Bloody stump Luke was quickly replaced by the clean version. Although a limited number of Bloody stump Lukes were out in the market the figure surprisingly did not rise to a very high value.

Saga #27 Count Dooku Dark Lord
Saga #28 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
Saga #29 Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel
Saga #30 Darth Vader Bespin Duel
Saga #31 Jango Fett Final Battle

So which is your best and worst out of this wave?

Saga #27 Count Dooku Dark Lord
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadooku.asp
Saga #28 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagamacegr.asp
Saga #29 Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagalukebespin.asp
Saga #30 Darth Vader Bespin Duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagavaderbespin.asp
Saga #31 Jango Fett Final Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagajangofb.asp

Jaff
10-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Saga #27 Count Dooku Dark Lord - I never really disliked this figure. Amongst the statues that plagued us, Dooku had a fairly nuetral stance. His pose might have stood out had all the figs been neutral. Still the figure was drab, and upon the release of the ROTS figure this one became immediately outclassed.
Saga #28 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue - Sometimes sculpters need restraint, and this figure is evidence of that. The screaming expression on Maceís face is the most hideous looking thing out of this entire wave.
Saga #29 Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel - Yeah, heís got a nob in his back, but who displays their figures with their backs facing out. This Luke looked great, especially with his bacta utensil over his bloody stump. The figure also works great hanging upside down on his weather vane. Good articulation, and good detail makes this figure a nice addition to any collection.
Saga #30 Darth Vader Bespin Duel - If you pose this Darth just right you wonít notice his action feature button, and if you can do that this statue Darth can look very good. Having him stand next to his rail with his hands outstretched is so nostalgic. A good counterpart to the Luke.
Saga #31 Jango Fett Final Battle - This figure was almost a neutral posed Jango and had a cool chopping head off feature, still it was just another Jango, and at this point in the Saga collection, this character was everywhere!

BEST - Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel

WORST - Mace Windu, just plain hideous.

Darth Jax
10-23-2006, 12:24 AM
i echo jaff's votes.

best luke
worst mace

sebillba
10-23-2006, 01:03 AM
Me too....

Best - LUKE

Worst - MACE

Mad Slanted Powers
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
I'll concur that Luke is the best. The articulation far outweights the button in the back, and the action feature does not detract from the figure.

Dooku is okay. He's not as much of a statue or as extremely posed as other figures in the line. Jango has enough features and accessories, but something is kind of goofy with his right leg. Darth Vader is really good for the hand out pose, but I don't like it so much for anything else. Mace has his extreme looking expression.

BEST - Luke
WORST - Vader

Tycho
10-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Hmmm. Nothing struck me too much as "wow!" here.

Saga #27 Count Dooku Dark Lord - I liked this figure and the action feature on him (no buttons) worked well. He's a contender. I don't know how I'm going to vote yet - I'm making this up as I go along.

Saga #28 Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue - Uh yeah. He's screaming because he saw 1997's R5-D4 and 1999's Lightsaber Launching R2-D2 and saying "don't put me in no mother-f'ing box with THOSE!" He was useful for a very scene specific moment - cutting Jango's head off - even though Sam Jackson never looked that way in the movie.

Saga #29 Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel - I never bought this one - didn't need it for my dioramas. I'd purchased 5-6 of the 1998's and was done with Luke in this outfit. It did look good, but I have no experience with it, positive or negative. So by that reasoning, I can't vote for Luke.

Saga #30 Darth Vader Bespin Duel - I bought him for an extra Vader - perhaps for the ROTS "Noooooooo!" scene? I haven't opened him yet, so I'll stay neutral on this one.

Saga #31 Jango Fett Final Battle - I liked this Jango and wanted him ever since I saw his picture in the Episode 2 product catalog and poster. I had fun with this very articulate and well-armed Jango. I like him.

BEST - Jango Fett - Dooku's cut out because his ROTS figure is so much better.

WORST - Mace Windu - everyone's expressed the reason, well enough.

Kidhuman
10-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Best Luke

Worst - Mace.

El Chuxter
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I'll echo Luke and Mace.

pbarnard
10-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Best Jango. Only way to improve it was to add a removable helmet to the removable head. Luke and Vader work as a tandem, but indvidually, good some of the better Hasbro figs and a nice respite at the time from AotC mania.

Worst: Mace. Sadly this was the most articulated version of this character, and probably should've been the ROTS Palpatine Duel figure (where I use this one). The facial expression is something between extreme constipation, being raped, and herniating (probably all 3).

tagmac
10-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Best: Bespin Luke. I bought three of these, so I could pose one hanging from the vane, one in a neutral stance, and one with the medical piece over his stump. Ended up only opening one, and giving away another as a gift. eventually found a bloody stump version in KB, which I picked up for both its rarity and coolness.

Worst: Mace Windu - ditto on what everyone else has said.

Bosskman
10-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Best - Vader (a statue yes, but a cool one)

Worst - Mace (but I sorta like this figure, it's funny lookin')

dindae
10-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Best will be Bespin Luke

Worst Mace

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Best - Mace Windu (Deluxe)
Worst - Darth Tyranus (Deluxe) (could've at least had his cape)

Best - Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
Worst - Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)

Jaff
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
The next wave of figures was the first time I personally had felt that quality was really vested into the figures. Not strewn with major poses each figure had display value both in and out of dioramas. A few had awkward stances, but for the most part it seemed like things were back to POTJ value.

May 2002
Saga #32 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master
Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier with Beard
Saga #34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler
Saga #35 Orn Free Ta
Saga #39 Supreme Chancelor Palpatine
Saga #40 Djas Puhr

Saga #32 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaquigon.asp
Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier with Beard
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagarebelendor.asp
Saga #34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagamassif.asp
Saga #35 Orn Free Ta
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaornfree.asp
Saga #39 Supreme Chancelor Palpatine
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagapalpatine.asp
Saga #40 Djas Puhr
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagapuhr.asp

Jaff
10-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Current wave results are in: No one had a chance against Luke, and Mace didn't have a chance either!

Saga 27 - 31
BEST
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel (Saga) 9
Jango Fett Final Battle (Saga) 2
Darth Vader Bespin Duel (Saga) 1

WORST
Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue (Saga) 11
Darth Vader Bespin Duel (Saga) 1

Jaff
10-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Saga #32 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master - This was the only real statue in this set. The Qui-Gonn looks O.K., but really lacks any qualities to stand up with the rest of this wave. Itís a good fig to represent the opening scenes of Episode I, but beyond that itís just plain.
Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier with Beard - The Goatee version of the Rebel Soldier was a cool figure. Despite itís pre-posed nature the figure rocked. The fantastic detail really ousted the POTF2 version, and can be placed next to the Saga 2 version without looking dated.
Saga #34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler - The Geonosian was really no big deal. Although it was wingless and different from the earlier version it came with the Massiff, and that was cool. Still I never saw the Massiff on Geonosis, rather I thought it was only in the film on Tatooine!
Saga #35 Orn Free Ta - This perfect figure has great detail, and appeared in multiple films. It was a neutral fig, and it was exactly what it was supposed to be.
Saga #39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - This was one beautiful figure. It looks just like him, and his outfit has wonderful detail. Iím glad I got the earlier version, later versions had overly painted liver spots. The version I have is just right. If I had a later one my praise would most likely be lessened.
Saga #40 Djas Puhr - I was never really sure why Djas was posed this way, as we had only seen him sitting down, but the figure looks good nonetheless. He can fit in the cantina dio without looking awkward, and at the same time he can stand solo without the benefit of a statuesque quality. His long guns were also really unique.

BEST - The Endor Soldier and Orn Free are really great figures, but I just love the Chancellor Palpatine figure. My nod goes to him.
WORST - Qui-Gon Jinn, he pales in this group.

Darth Jax
10-25-2006, 09:15 AM
worst - qui gon
best - endor trooper :beard:

Kidhuman
10-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Best - Qui-Gon

Worst - Endor Trooper

El Chuxter
10-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Best: Palpy

Worst: Qui-Gon. Being a 2-year old sculpt at this point screwed him.

Tycho
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
These are not my favorite figures, but I like just about all of them nevertheless. Hasbro did a great job!

Jaff: I think they did mistake the Orray for the Massif in their pre-screening bungles. Maybe that's why there's a Massif with Geonosian. However, in the novel (so possibly in the original AOTC script) there are wild Massifs on Geonosis - as the planet is close to Tatooine. So who knows?
Saga #32 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master - This one was the only one that wasn't really exciting. I don't recollect it offering us anything that we didn't already get with the E1 Naboo Qui-Gon. And the slits by the underarms on the Jedi robe were too large and gaping for a nice display.

Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier with Beard - This was a great figure. How can you vote it down so badly, Kidhuman? It comes with a :beard: as an accessory! Jaff just said so! ;) The sculpt was great actually and this is a star figure for Endor dioramas. He's a huge improvement over the '98 figure who seems to be always checking if his shoelaces are untied.

Saga #34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler - The Geonosian was sort of boring, the great sculpt being the winged one from the initial release. However, I liked having several versions of Geonosians. (Sun Fac was a nice surprise as of late).

Saga #35 Orn Free Ta - This perfect figure has great detail, and appeared in multiple films. It was a neutral fig, and it was exactly what it was supposed to be. - I echo Jaff's sentiments rather well, huh?

Saga #39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - If one is to truly try and understand the great mystery, one must embrace other action figures. This was one such beautiful figure. It looks just like him, and his outfit has wonderful detail. The version I have is just right. I bought a few and it turns out that he wears this outfit very briefly in ROTS - when he asks Anakin to represent him on the Jedi Council and at the Opera during "The Tragedy of Darth Plageuis The Wise.

Saga #40 Djas Puhr - I like this figure - I like every cantina alien Hasbro decides to do, for the most part (I think Ketwol was lacking, but anyway...) Here was a nice nod to collectors and OT fans, during a prequel movie bananza, and I was thankful for Djas Puhr. Not my favorite of the group, but none the less I like him.

BEST = The Endor Soldier while Palpatine and Orn Free Taa were really noteworthy. Endor gets it for great multi-part manufacturing and sculpting on a battle figure.

WORST - Qui-Gon Jinn - he was unecessary for me and I never bought him. I'm sure that kids like getting him though - if AOTC just got them at the age they were old enough to get into Star Wars. But Qui-Gon had '99, '00, and '01 Expanded Universe figures, so I think you had to turn 4 years or 5 years old in 2002 to really appreciate this one. Remember, Hasbro wanted that market. The rest of the wave was pretty handy for all of us "old folks."

pbarnard
10-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Battle of the Pegwarmers....

Best: Going to go with Orn Free Taa. I've gotten a lot of milage out of the body for customs. It also has a decent amount of articulation in the arms.

Worst: Endor Trooper. Now, it is just a rehash cash cow with 2 more variations using it. Couldn't even find the non-bearded head. Add to it the PotF2 troop builder that EE/fan club tried to push at the time...UGH. Would've rather seen them try a Dresselian first with this sculpt.

Bosskman
10-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Best - Palpy
Worst - Qui Gon

tagmac
10-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Best: Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - the sculpt, the likeness, the pose, and the costume were perfect. I can see this easily being a contender for best figure overall.

Worst: Qui-Gon Jinn - something about the face made it look cartoony, and not up to par with the rest of the figures of this wave, nor the previous releases of this character. A close second to Tom Green.....er, bearded Endor trooper. Come on - the likeness is uncanny! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Best - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Even though he pegwarmed like no other figure ever had in my area, he was fantastic.
Worst - Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master). His sculpt was too old and didn't look right with the other figures of the wave.

sebillba
10-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Best - PALPATINE

Worst - QUI-GON

Nothing more to say - it's all been said about these.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Saga #32 Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master - This one was the only one that wasn't really exciting. I don't recollect it offering us anything that we didn't already get with the E1 Naboo Qui-Gon. And the slits by the underarms on the Jedi robe were too large and gaping for a nice display. I don't like the slits either. Almost makes it look like the Naboo Padme outfit.

Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier with Beard - This was a great figure. How can you vote it down so badly, Kidhuman? It comes with a :beard: as an accessory! Jaff just said so! ;) The sculpt was great actually and this is a star figure for Endor dioramas. He's a huge improvement over the '98 figure who seems to be always checking if his shoelaces are untied.Maybe if Han had been looking down, he wouldn't have snapped that branch. This figure has some nice detail, but the pose keeps it from being my favorite.

Saga #34 Massiff with Geonosian Handler - The Geonosian doesn't stay standing for me.

Saga #35 Orn Free Ta - I concur on what has been said. Fine detail and a neutral figure.

Saga #39 Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - Once again, I concur. Excellent likeness and a nice neutral figure. Also, if you raise his arms, the cloak dangling from his arms becomes a weapon! However, the right arm on mine doesn't want to stay up.

Saga #40 Djas Puhr - I didn't know who this was before it was released. I had trouble finding him on screen. I don't quite like the pose, but it's not that bad. The guns are really flimsy and small.

BEST - Palpatine
WORST - Massiff with Geonosian

dindae
10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I would have to go with Palpatine for best. They truly nailed the likeness on this figures with good detail. Orn is only a hair behind this figure and probably is only lower because all of the Palpatines in the ROTS waves sucked compared to this one.

Worst will go to Qui-Gon. While not the first figure I think of when talking about bad figures in this batch he really sticks out. Too preposed, bad likeness, and the cloak seperating at the shoulders shove this figure to the bottom of the list.

Jaff
10-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Palpatine rules again, and Qui-Gon has died! Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Saga Djas/Orn wave
BEST
Chancellor Palpatine (Saga) 8
Endor Rebel Soldier Bearded (Saga) 2
Qui-Gon Jinn (Saga) 1
Orn Free Taa 1

WORST
Qui-Gon Jinn (Saga) 9
Endor Rebel Soldier Bearded (Saga) 2
Massiff with Geonosian (Saga) 1

Jaff
10-27-2006, 06:55 AM
After the last wave it appeared that the quality was back, but then we get two new waves of figures that just lowered the bar again. Despite this there were some goodies in this bunch, and even a variant. The Han Solo Endor had an action feature button that changed color, adding value to it.

6/02
Saga #37 Han Solo Endor Raid
Saga #38 Chewbacca Cloud City Capture
Saga #36 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot

7/02
Saga #42 Darth Maul Sith Training
Saga #43 Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack
Saga #44 Ki-Adi Mundi
Saga #46 Teemto Pagalies

So which is your best and worst out of this bunch?

Saga #36 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaobiwanpilot.asp
Saga #37 Han Solo Endor Raid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagahanendor.asp
Saga #38 Chewbacca Cloud City Capture
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagachewie3po.asp
Saga #42 Darth Maul Sith Training
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagamaulsithtraining.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaanakintatooineattack.asp
Saga #44 Ki-Adi Mundi
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagakiadimundi.asp
Saga #46 Teemto Pagalies
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagateemto.asp

Jaff
10-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Saga #37 Han Solo Endor Raid - So he had a variant. That still didnít help me buy this one. Heís just too pre-posed. I also had a similar posed Han via the Anniversary version. I didnít see the need to have two like this.
Saga #38 Chewbacca Cloud City Capture - WOW! Now this is how you make a Chewie. The C-3PO and net was not very good separate from the figure, but when both of these are combined it just looks incredible!
Saga #36 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot - Bad likeness + bulky softgoods = Bad figure, nuff said.
Saga #42 Darth Maul Sith Training- Unleashed + EU = No in my book, however the droid accessory looked really good. So it gets points. Nuff said!
Saga #43 Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack - Sometimes Iím amazed how bad Anakin was made. Figures like this one (that couldnít even stand because of his ridiculous pose) make you really scratch your head. How did this figure make it to the shelves. Itís hard to believe that it made itís way past quality control. The only thing good about this figure was the Tusken accessory that came with him. Thatís the only reason I bought it. I sure am a sucker.
Saga #44 Ki-Adi Mundi - Same Ki we had in the past with new paint, and jointed arm. I almost took notice of it, but not enough to buy it!
Saga #46 Teemto Pagalies - Finally a podracer. After two years of waiting we got a new podracer. We had to wait three more years to get Dud Bolt and Mars. At this rate weíll have all of them by 2018. Teemto really looked good, and he even had the salvage droid as a nifty bonus.

BEST - Chewbacca or Teemto? Chewie is just perfect. Itís no surprise that they are rereleasing him right now. He can stand up to any new figure with ease!

WORST - Anakin gets this one easy.

dindae
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Best I'm gonna go with Teemto
Worst is Darth Maul not a terrible figure but I don't even know where they pull this version from and while I like EU I don't like make crap to just make it.

Tycho
10-27-2006, 09:16 AM
This bunch did not especially thrill me.

Saga #37 Han Solo Endor Raid - I ignored this figure and still did when he showed up in Battle Packs the other year.

Saga #38 Chewbacca Cloud City Capture - This looked like a good figure but I couldn't make any use of him. I'd already added the Removeable Limbs 3PO in his net to the back of two 1995 Chewies that I'd bought for Bespin Escape scenes and I was done for my part. I'm not into upgrading with the expense of having an "unused toys box."

Saga #36 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot - Eh, I wasn't thrilled, but I made use of 1 of these - ironically not in a Jedi Starfighter because I picked up the KB Exclusive Starfighter that also came with this figure (I think it was KB?)

Saga #42 Darth Maul Sith Training- I didn't mind the figure's deco - it actually looked good with the red. If Maul ever got a job as a vallet speeder parker, this is what he'd have looked like! You'd come out of a hotel and he'd dangle your keys in front of you with an evil grin and say "You want these, don't you?" But I had no reason to buy this figure as I had enough Mauls.

Saga #43 Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack - I actually like this figure and found him useful for a few of Anakin's more agressive scenes where his face sculpt reflected his temperment. I didn't have trouble standing the figure and enjoyed his pre-posing (sort of) for several of my scenes.

Saga #44 Ki-Adi Mundi - boring. At least he was available cheaply (often on clearance) for filling in for Ki wherever I needed him for Episode 2 and 3 scenes. I have this Ki joining Bacara and next year's Galactic Marines on Mygeeto. He was boring but useful.

Saga #46 Teemto Pagalies - A really fun figure with a cool accessory - the salvage droid. I think they did a good job on Teemto and I buy 4 of each podracer set: 1) the podrace hoping they'll have vehicles someday; 2) Mos Espa - they were there amongst the aliens somewhere; 3) the podrace hanger - they WOULD be there for sure; 4) Mos Espa's market place - even Gragga requires background aliens to set up the environment, and why not quit using Rodians in every spaceport scene?

BEST - Anakin Tatooine is just heroic. If not for the kid in me that identifies with the protagonist, I'd be voting for Teemto - or Chewie had he been useful to me. But this Anakin was a figure I somehow can't imagine dealing with not having. Voting for him over Teemto is not a terribly comfortable choice, but...

WORST - Han Solo Endor Raid - I don't have this figure so I don't know, but this one looks like "for sure" he can't stand up on his own. In the Battle Pack and so forth, I got sick of seeing him, too.

El Chuxter
10-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Best, I'm going to have to say Anakin. Action feature or not, he was the definitive AOTC Ani prior to the Evolutions set.

Worst: Ki-Adi. The first regular figure I actually passed on. They took one of the better TPM figures, screwed up his paint, and added an action feature. It actually took quite a bit of effort to make a retool of the TPM Ki-Adi suck this bad.

sebillba
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Best - CHEWIE... the best Chewie sculpt at that time, made even better by an awesome accessory.

Worst - KI-ADI... I thought I was getting something new here, but felt really cheated when I compared it to the original - a dirty paint wash and an elbow joint - big deal! Two elbow joints, and I might've been more impressed... but one!! Oh yeh, and stupid blast effect on the lightsabre.

sebillba
10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Saga #43 Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack - Sometimes Iím amazed how bad Anakin was made. Figures like this one (that couldnít even stand because of his ridiculous pose) make you really scratch your head.

Forgot to add, I use this Anakin to sit astride the Reek - he fits perfectly and looks great in front of Arena Padme.

pbarnard
10-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Best: Chewbacca. Best Chewie sculpt until the VOTC/Early Bird. The Threepio parts weren't too shabby either.

Worst: Han Solo Endor Raid. Is it possible a POTF2 version is better than the later incarnation? Where's CommTech Han when you need him? Couldn't they have done that with brown pants instead?

Bosskman
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Best - Chewie
Worst - Han (just plain garbage)

Kidhuman
10-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Best - Chewie

Worst - Han.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-27-2006, 07:48 PM
I only had Anakin and Ki-Adi Mundi open, so I just opened the rest.

Anakin - I never could get the action feature to work. The accessories fall over too easy. However, I can see the positive points others have mentioned. Not good enough to make it the best.

Han Solo - Can't stand on his own, and I don't like the pose. A candidate for the worst.

Obi-Wan - The cloak is too bulky. The figure seems average, kind of limited by the pose, but it has some elbow articulation.

Ki-Adi Mundi - A decent, fairly neutral figure. There is no action feature here, just an elbow joint that wasn't in the original Episode I version.

Teemto - Nice to have another pod racer, but he can't stand, and the accessories are fairly useless to me.

Darth MaulI was disappointed that they wasted an EU figure on this, but I guess it will sell to kids better than some character that wasn't in a movie. His lightsaber is perhaps the nicest lightsaber ever included with a figure. However, the metal in it that lets it magnetically attach to the right hand makes it too heavy for him to hold if you try to use the action feature. The pose is kind of limited.

Chewbacca - The best Chewie sculpt until the VOTC. I can't quite get the bag with the C-3PO parts to fit on him quite right. That also shifts the balance, so I had to put him on a stand. Still, a great figure, and the light up Threepio is kind of neat.

BEST = Chewbacca
WORST = Han Solo. Teemto being a new pod racer and Han not being able to stand makes the difference here.

tagmac
10-28-2006, 01:34 AM
Best: Chewie - the best of the bunch, and I agree that this was the best Chewie until the VOTC version.

Worst: Anakin - the pose completely stunk on this one. And the fact that we got a far superior version in the Evolutions set really nailed this one down for me.

pegger
10-28-2006, 03:50 AM
I know Ive missed a few rounds _ but since I mostly agree with the last few waves, i won,t vote... but on this wave:

best _ teemto

worst - Han

Chewie is overrated. He is alomost too big, and not nearly as good as the VOTC or early bird one.

ps _ dam french keyboards are hard to type with....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-28-2006, 07:54 PM
A lot of odd figures here, such as the first of two Obi-Wans with "Jerkin' Action" and Teemto with an unfortunate-looking sack.

Best - Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape) - electronic lights should be used more often.
Worst - Han Solo (Endor Raid) - "Watch me as I throw my gun across the room!"

Darth Jax
10-28-2006, 08:38 PM
best - chewie
worst - obi wan

Jaff
10-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Han and Chewie are a duo again, just not in the way they would wish to be.

Han/Teemto waves
BEST
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture (Saga) 9
Teemto Pagalies (Saga) 2
Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack (Saga) 2

WORST
Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack (Saga) 2
Darth Maul Sith Training (Saga) 1
Han Solo Endor Raid (Saga) 7
Ki-Adi Mundi (Saga) 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot (Saga) 1

Jaff
10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
The last of the Deluxe figures for the year had some neat tie-inís with other accessories like C-3PO which could be used with the Arena Playset. Most figures were tied specifically to the Arena, and I have to admit I was hesitant whether or not I was going to allow the Nexu into this poll as it is technically a beast. However, it is a DELUXE carded figure, and therefore I figured I had no right to exclude it.

6/02
Deluxe Nexu
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Geonosian Warrior

7/02
Deluxe Yoda with Super Battle Droid
Deluxe C-3PO with Droid Factory

9/02
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike
Deluxe Geonosian Warrior
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker

So which is your best and worst out of these Deluxe figs?

Deluxe Nexu
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxnexu.asp
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Geonosian Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxanakin.asp
Deluxe Yoda with Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxyoda.asp
Deluxe C-3PO with Droid Factory
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxc3po.asp
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxclonetrooper.asp
Deluxe Geonosian Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxgeonosian.asp
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadxanakinflip.asp

Jaff
10-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Deluxe Nexu - This thing is awesome. What a great diorama piece, and it displays solo just as well. Even the electronic sounds were welcome. No complaints!
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Geonosian Warrior - Sometimes I feel like Iím picking on Anakin, but this figure is worthy of it. This useless jumping jack figure has the facial expression that suggests he just got away with stealing cookies from mommyís jar. The Geonosian was also not that much to scream about. Definitely this deluxe set was yet another disappointment for me.
Deluxe Yoda with Super Battle Droid - This Yoda actually looked fine, and the Super Battle Droid wasnít that bad either. I did not feel interest in this set though, as I felt that there was nothing that hadnít been done before!
Deluxe C-3PO with Droid Factory - This was really a good 3PO to get. Itís accessory was also neat, especially when Padme was released a year later with an add-on to the assembly line. This one sets out to be just what it should, a neutral figure for any dio, or display. If I had to be whiney though, I would wish that the Battle Droid body could hold its weapon like it did in the movie. They should have used the POTJ security droid body.
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike - This figure could have all itís armor removed, and the feature could not make up for the fact that it was junk. The figures wide spread stance made it useless without the bike, and at the time I just wanted a clone with a removable helmet. The armor doesnít stay on well either!
Deluxe Geonosian Warrior - I regret never buying this deluxe figure because I really like the hive accessory. The sonic blaster is a cool little item too. The protrusions on the figures back look really apparent so I was never enthused about getting it. Since weíre not voting for accessories though, the figure doesnít get great nods.
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker - Force flipping Anakin: Yet another bad figure made from a cheesy, unworkable concept. Junk!

BEST - If the Nexu wasnít in this list I would have said 3PO, but the Nexu wins. It is a really nice figure!

WORST - There are many to choose from. I donít like force-flipping Anakin at all, but I loathe the Clone with Speeder Bike the most. I say this because Anakin can at least stand. The clone canít keep his armor on, or stand. What a complete waste of plastic. It canít even be used as a corpse!

Tycho
10-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Deluxe Nexu - Perfect! Right here.

Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Geonosian Warrior - The Geonosion kept falling apart before Anakin sliced and diced it. Very frustrating. Nice details on the bloody meat though.

Deluxe Yoda with Super Battle Droid - Good sculpts for Yoda and the Super Battle Droid.

Deluxe C-3PO with Droid Factory - Another perfect piece - nicely interactive with other sets, too.

Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike - I had no trouble with this figure and liked the concept a lot. I bought maybe 7 of these guys to help with a scene for when Lama Su and Obi-Wan tour the Cloning Facility. My armor stays on my Clones just fine.

Deluxe Geonosian Warrior - The hive is fun to smell. You can stick your whole nose in it! Yeah, I like that sort of thing. The accessory is useless to me for display however. The figure is alright and I'll eventually hang a few over my area playset display.

Deluxe Anakin Skywalker - Loser!

BEST - Nexu

WORST - Force-Flipping Anakin

Mad Slanted Powers
10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
I've only opened the Nexu. Once I got this, I realized I needed to get the Reek that I had passed up, track down an Acklay and get the Geonosian Arena Playset.

C-3PO and the Clone Trooper are good ones to have. Anakin with the Geonosian doesn't look as bad to me as it does to Jaff. I'm guessing I won't like either of the Geonosians in this bunch any better than I liked the basic carded versions. I've not really liked any version of Yoda or the SBD very much.

BEST - Nexu
WORST - Force Flipping Anakin because he looks like he's taking a dump. That's not what "use the Force" means dude.

sebillba
10-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Best - NEXU

Worst - POTTY-TRAINING ANAKIN

Kidhuman
10-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Best - Clone w/speeder

Worst - Anakin

Darth Jax
10-29-2006, 08:45 AM
best - nexu
worst - clone trooper since it's deluxe lets give him removable armor (that falls off), an action feature (which means you can't pose him on the bike correctly), and a speeder bike (so his wide stance makes him look ridiculous if not on the bike)

El Chuxter
10-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Best: Nexu

Worst: the flippin' Anakin

pbarnard
10-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Best: Nexu. A mutli-eyed, two barbed tail cat is pretty awesome. The Threepio/Battle Droid was nice too but were able to get that single carded later on. Most of these are fairly good sets, and having found all of them discounted at KB outlet a year later proves the dictum on patience.

Worst: Anakin. This is the one that allowed me above to say "most". Like all flipping figures, SUCK!

dindae
10-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Best Nexu
Worst Anakin Force flippers sucked. I remember going to Celebration II and they had a guy with a force flipper demonstrating in and having people see how many times it took them to get it to work. People were trying over 20 times and couldn't get it. If an action feature takes that many times to work than its broken. Go back to the drawing board.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I didn't really care for Force-flippers myself, but if you look at them like a game (can you make it successfully work?) than I suppose it might be diverting.

If you think that every action feature in a figure (which is supposed to be a figure and not a game) should work - well then you're definitely in for some disappointment.

I think that some of these concepts (Force Flippers, etc) come out of a "let's let everyone contribute new ideas philosophy" at Hasbro. One day they are sitting around their brainstorming conference and a guy says, "what if Star Wars characters rode Harley Davidson's?" And the Custom Chopper line was founded. Someday soon, someone will say, "Well we own Play-Doh. What if you could squeeze Padme's legs together and have her V-for-Vendetta head grow hair - and any color you want it to be?" Then the group around the table says, "Thanks for contributing today Eugene. Just to show you how much we all make a difference around here, we're going to produce your suggestion. The fans will buy anything that says Star Wars on it anyway. So the Fuzzy-Pumping Padme HairSalon Action Figures will make their debut in 2008. Deluxe figures will even pop-out Play-Doh baby Luke and Leia!"

They'll actually sell these (or try to) - because if Wal-Mart buys them, it's no longer Hasbro's problem. Like the Potato Heads, it is never planned as a longterm product. It becomes Wal-Mart's problem once they clear Hasbro's distribution centers.

So meanwhile, Hasbro DID actually make some (of Wal-Mart's) money on these items, so the argument that "they should just stick to 3 3/4" action figures doesn't really hold water. Sometimes, stuff like the Galactic Heroes - or perhaps even the M-Pire figures, take off as unexpected hits. One form or another (PlaysKool Adventures previously) of Galactic Heroes has stayed with us since 2002!

So who knows? The Fuzzy-Pumpers Padme HairSalon might just take off?

Bosskman
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Best - Nexu (although I don't consider this a figure at all)
Worst - Force Flip Anakin

Mad Slanted Powers
10-29-2006, 02:23 PM
"Well we own Play-Doh. What if you could squeeze Padme's legs together and have her V-for-Vendetta head grow hair - and any color you want it to be?"I think they may have already explored this concept. Doesn't the deluxe super battle droid maker have some sort of Play-Doh substance in it? That figure should be in our poll in the near future.

Tycho
10-29-2006, 04:07 PM
I think they may have already explored this concept. Doesn't the deluxe super battle droid maker have some sort of Play-Doh substance in it? That figure should be in our poll in the near future.

That's right. I totally forgot about that. I sniffed and ate my PlayDoh it came with a long time ago (just kidding - well might be....BURP!)

But yeah, I think they really do stuff like that. Perhaps one guy used to like propeller planes that you twisted the rubberbands on to wind them up so they could fly. Next they add that to a line of Wookiee vehicles or worse, a Clone Trooper with a rubberband propeller on his back. :eek:

Then they say, "Bartholemule, thank you for contributing today. Wal-Mart and Target will be forced to buy boxes of this stuff in order to fulfill our minimum order requirements for the 3 3/4" figures."

tagmac
10-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Best: Deluxe Geonosian - the hive accessory was pretty cool, and the figure works as a unique Geonosian to place with the others. I just can't vote for the Nexu, because I just don't consider it a figure that should be compared with the rest - although I have to admit, this particular wave is extemely weak after the Nexu.

Worst: Deluxe Anakin w/ Geonosian - not only are the pose and facial expression horrible, but the figure is completely inaccurate as well. Anakin never used to lightsabers when fighting the Geonosians. Would have actually made more sense to make the flipping Anakin have two sabres.

El Chuxter
10-29-2006, 11:29 PM
That Battle Droid Factory was released? I thought it was canned? :confused:

Tycho
10-30-2006, 12:25 AM
No, the PlayDoh it came with was canned, but the product was released in Clone Wars packaging (2003 - Jaff is covering 2002 right now.)

The whole droid assembly line could be made by connecting the cutting area of the Arena Playset to C-3PO's base with the crane, Padme's base with nothing, and the Super Battle Droid's mold masher (which you put an empty SBD into, piled metallic PlayDoh into part of, and mashed it in the mold to form the SBD's chest and head). It was hardly movie accurate, let alone set up right (the assembly lines for SBDs, DDs, and, reg. BDs were all separate in the movie).

Jaff
10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Here are the results:

Final Deluxe assortments
BEST
Nexu (Deluxe) 9
Clonetrooper with Speederbike (Deluxe) 1
Geonosian (Deluxe) 1

WORST
Clone Trooper (Deluxe) 2
Anakin Skywalker (Deluxe - Force flip) 8
Anakin with Geonosian (Deluxe) 1

Jaff
10-31-2006, 07:53 AM
Despite what seemed to be rehashes there were many repaints and retools of familiar figures in the Accessory Sets and Cantina Bar sets during mid-02. Although all of these figures were fairly common, and in some cases shelf warmers they had some nice bonuses, especially the long awaited Cantina bar sections!

7/02
Hoth Survival Accessory Set with Hoth Rebel Soldier (Target exclusive)
Arena Conflict Accessory Set with Battle Droid (Target exclusive)
9/02
Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive)

So which is the best and worst?

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagahothacc.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaarenaacc.asp
Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinagreedo.asp
Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinaponda.asp
Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinamomaw.asp

Jaff
10-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Hoth Survival Accessory Set with Hoth Rebel Soldier (Target exclusive) - This figure was an infusion of the 96 Hoth Soldier, and the 96 Hoth Luke. The figure did not look that bad, but it was one of those figures that I didnít enjoy that much. The more they tried to make the figure look unique the more it looked like a rehash. The colors of the fig just stand out way too much next to the normal Hoth figures.
Arena Conflict Accessory Set with Battle Droid (Target exclusive) - This retool of the 2000 Security Battle Droid came with a rocket pack that really didnít make it that cool. Honestly I would have been happy if it never came with a backpack. With the 2000 Battle droid mold it would have been a great Battle Droid! Instead it was a standard one with a nob sticking out itís back.
Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive) - This Greedo was my favorite Greedo until the VOTC version. Although the figure is identical to the Commtech version the paint application really made a differance. The figure was darker, and it was quite an improvement.
Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive) - Ponda with a removable arm! Ponda with articulated knee joints! Honestly I thing this is a great Ponda.
Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive) - Hammerhead gets new clothing. Isnít that special?.....No it wasnít!

BEST - Greedo (Cantina Bar Set)

WORST - Battle Droid (Arena Conflict Accessory set)

Darth Jax
10-31-2006, 08:00 AM
best - i am the walrus, ponda
worst - another bad battle droid

dindae
10-31-2006, 08:32 AM
this was a bland group of figures for me nothing exciting nothing horrible.

Hoth Survival Accessory Set with Hoth Rebel Soldier (Target exclusive) - gives somthing different in the Hoth ranks but not filling any void.

Arena Conflict Accessory Set with Battle Droid (Target exclusive) - since the red battle droid was scarce at the time I was happy to get another one. Didn't care about the backpack its in the box of stupid pack ins.

Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive) - Better version but not so much better that I was really excited about it.

Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive) - Sadly I didn't even realize the arm came off for a while after it was released. The bendable knees was a great improvement.

Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive) - While it was changed I wouldn't call it an improvement.

Best - Ponda Baba mainly because it had decent improvements Greedo is a close second

Worst - Momaw Nadon if you are going to spend money to improve a sculpt improve it.

sebillba
10-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Best - GREEDO... an improvement on what as already one of my favourite figures.

Worst - BATTLE DROID

El Chuxter
10-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Pretty weak wave here. Worst would be. . . uh. . . I suppose Ponda Baba. And best, uh, why not Greedo? He'll be shot down hard at end-of-year voting, so it doesn't matter. All of these were pretty middle-of-the-road.

pbarnard
10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Best: Ponda. Although pretty much everything from that Wal-Mart/k-mart series was pretty bad. The Bar wasn't anything that special either, expecially considering I don't remember seeing stools in the film.

Worst: Battle Droid. Bunch of accessories still couldn't save this one. There's plastic problems with every battle droid put out by Hasbro.

Tycho
10-31-2006, 11:44 AM
BEST: Ponda Baba I suppose. I'm not terribly thrilled voting for this wave. But Ponda added the removeable arm - a nice update. The bar sections were cool, too. 2002? Isn't it about time that we got the curves already? 5 years later?! Hasbro: WTF?

WORST: Hoth Rebel Soldier - this figure is similar to what we really need as an update to the original KENNER Hoth Rebel, who wore a uniform similar to this one, but the paint app is off and why they went with a bearded facesculpt (from the '97 Hoth Grunt) instead of at least the non-bearded face from the '97 Deluxe Hoth Trooper, I have no idea. That would have at least been a better way to do a rehash.

A generic guy looks more generic if he doesn't have a distinguishing goatee :rolleyes:

dindae
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Jaff when are the other force flippers and accessory packs going to appear. I thought they came out at the same time as there coparts.

Bosskman
10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Best - the one I like to call MOMAR

Worst - HRS

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Last time:
Best - Nexu
Worst - Anakin Skywalker with Force-Flipping Action

This time:
Best - Cantina Bar Set with Ponda Baba
Worst - Hoth Survival Accessory set with Hoth Rebel Soldier

Why aren't we voting on the other two accessory packs? I thought all four came out at the same time.

tagmac
10-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Another extremely weak wave. I actually bought the three Cantina sets, then sold them on ebay last year because I was sick of keeping them for no reason.

Best: Ponda Baba
Worst: Battle Droid

Mad Slanted Powers
10-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Jaff when are the other force flippers and accessory packs going to appear. I thought they came out at the same time as there coparts.
I think we already voted on them. Anakin was in the last wave, and Dooku and Obi-Wan were in a previous wave. I think that is all the Force Flippers there were.

For this round, I liked the accessory sets. A army builder with some accessories. They would be better if they had two figures and fewer accessories. I've not opened mine because then I'd need to find a place to store all of the accessories. The figures were nothing special since they were nothing really new.

Of the Cantina sets, I like Ponda Baba the best. Great articulation, removeable arm and his pose is more neutral than Greedo's. Greedo is the same as the Commtech, but a more accurate colored vest. Great articulation as well. Momaw Nadon was the least exciting, as he wasn't much of an improvement over the POTF2 figure.

BEST - Ponda Baba
WORST - Momaw Nadon

Kidhuman
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Best Greedo

Worst battle droid

Tycho
10-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I thought there were at least 4 Accessory Sets.

I think a Bikerscout and Endor stuff was another one.
I also think a Death Star Trooper and Death Star stuff was one.

They might not have had the same release time as the Hoth and Battle Droid ones.

I'm not sure that TPM ever had a set. The Gungan, Gamorrean Guard, Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) and maybe another were rumored, but never turned up. I think prototypes were shown, but these bombed at Target and were never released.

Bosskman
11-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Yeah, the Death Star Trooper was the same as the first one and so was the Biker Scout (except for his backwards arse) so I guess they (rightly so) don't count.

Jaff
11-02-2006, 08:15 AM

As Mad Slanted Powers stated the force flippers are all voted and accounted for. Anakin, Dooku, and Obi-Wan was it.

As for the accessory sets they did all come out at the same time. All of the sets were released in July of 2002 and shipped in the same cases. They were:

Endor Victory Accessory Set with Biker Scout (Target exclusive)
Death Star Accessory Set with Death Star Trooper (Target exclusive)

Hoth Soldier, Battle Droid are obviously seriously retooled figures. The DS Trooper was the exact same figure as released in the POTF Slide wave during 1998. The Biker Scout is also identical to the Dirty Biker Scout released in June 2001 during the POTJ releases. Yes, this figure had a big booty too.

For those interested Tycho was absolutely correct. The drawing board slated other sets for 2003. They were:

Naboo with Gungan Warrior
Jabba's Palace with Gamorrean Guard
Yavin IV with Rebel Technician

It's too bad those never saw the late of day. Like the Cantina sets they released the bad ones first, and sales stank as predicted.

So here are the results for our recent polls because it's time to move on!

1st Cantina sets and accessory sets
BEST
Greedo (Cantina bar) 5
Walrus Man (Cantina bar) 7
Momaw Nadon (Cantina bar) 1

WORST
Battle Droid (Arena Accessory set) 7
Momaw Nadon (Cantina bar) 2
Ponda Boba (Cantina bar) 1
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Hoth Accessory set) 3

dindae
11-02-2006, 08:29 AM
I must have blocked out the other force flippers and I should have realized that why the other packs were not up for votes. But I was already on the "Hey we skipped these figures" train of thought.

Jaff
11-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Well you all have been wondering when he was coming, and with little surprise many of us suspect him to be voted as the best of all time. Thatís right, Ephant Monís time has come. This figure was a disaster to find for many fans. It was no wonder Hasbro had low sales of the figure because not enough seemed to reach the stores. Still it was an awesome achievement and vendors happily celebrated when the figure demanded lofty values during the Christmas of 2002. Today the figure still retains a fairly respectable value.

8/02
Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier (with no beard)
Saga #41 Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack
Saga #50 Watto Mos Espa Junk Dealer
Saga #51 Lott Dodd
Saga #52 Tusken Raider with Massiff
10/02
Saga #45 Ephant Mon

Surprise us, vote for someone other than Ephant! And donít forget to pick a worst also!!!!

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/swsaga/sw0233endortrooper2front.jpg
Saga #41 Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagapadmecoruscantattack.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagawatto.asp
Saga #51 Lott Dodd
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagalottdod.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagatusken-massiff.asp
Saga #45 Ephant Mon
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaephantmon.asp

Jaff
11-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Saga #33 Endor Rebel Soldier (with no beard) - Yeah itís the same figure as before, just without a beard. I was glad to nab one, but itís really no big deal. Itís really just the same figure.
Saga #41 Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack - Pegwarming Padme looked great. I really like this one. She looks good next to Typho, I usually display them both beside each other.
Saga #50 Watto Mos Espa Junk Dealer - This Watto actually looked pretty good. I like the clear pole that holds him up, and his flapping wing effect, although a bit unnecessary, looks fine.
Saga #51 Lott Dodd - Finally another Neimodian. Lott was a very welcome piece to get, especially because Hasbro had announced this fig to be made for over a year now. We still need more of this race. A nice addition to the collection.
Saga #52 Tusken Raider with Massiff - This Tusken had a very different paint application as the first Tusken, and since the figure was more weathered in appearance it was a welcome change and an improvement over the first.
Saga #45 Ephant Mon - Need I say a single word? I think not!

BEST - Ephant Mon

WORST - Tough, as all these figures were pretty good. I would have to vote for the Tusken because this particular mold had been released many times. The no beard Endor soldier was a rarity to find for most. That at least gave him points.

dindae
11-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Best Ephant Mon

Worst I'm going to say Lott Dodd. Mainly because I don't really consider the Tusken a new figure. I don't think Lott is a bad figure but he is a salt shaker and there is only so much detail you can put into a figure that has not detail.

Tycho
11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Ephant Mon is the best Star Wars figure of all time to this day! But I'll actually discuss him: poseable arms and legs and head of course. Hidden dagger in his cane. Moveable jaw. Moveable tail - many people don't realize. Superior sculpt and paint job. Can you say "perfect?" Other toy manufacturers don't have products that rank this well. See, when Hasbro wants to do it right - they do it right. And thank sculptor "Brian," who many of us have met at Comic Con or Celebration events - he got into trouble for the large use of plastic resin and the shipping weight of this one - but we all love him for it. (He asked if Ephant should be a deluxe figure, they made a mistake concerning their estimates for his size and weight over in their marketing / distribution department (I was led to believe) - and Ephant Mon was born into the regular collection. I even managed to get 4 in clearanced cases at KB Toys for $1.98 each (passed them on to friends in my group for the same - had the 2 I wanted for my own collection for which I paid full-price for (also from KB Toys).

Endor Rebel Soldier (with no beard) - It is the same figure, but I like him better with no goatee as he can be more generic. You know how all white guys look alike? It's that kind of thing.

Saga #41 Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack - This is a great figure. It's too bad that she didn't wear this outfit sometime later in the film, also. Padme has so many good figures from AOTC that could be made for her - but this one was great for an action figure collection. If Ephant Mon wasn't in this group of figures, I'd be voting for Padme! BTW - this figure was released with the Gunship Pilot and Jango Pilot figures, soon after Tatooine Anakin and Sith Training Maul. But Jaff is going with the official figure numbers, so she isn't with the group of figures that we all bought her with. Ephant Mon came out months later than Padme did. I have a very clear recollection of this time during the hunt because I got into cases of Gunship Pilots to come out with 16 at one splurge (and that wasn't all they got in either!)

Saga #50 Watto Mos Espa Junk Dealer - "This Watto actually looked pretty good. I like the clear pole that holds him up, and his flapping wing effect, although a bit unnecessary, looks fine." - Yeah. I didn't need him - I had extra Wattos (2 I think) from the Box Seats CS that I needed to place (I hate any extra figures I don't need for dioramas hanging around) but I liked this Watto enough that I bought him. He's perfect for the AOTC scene, "A Jedi? Well whaddya know!"

Saga #51 Lott Dodd - "Finally another Neimodian." I have nothing against Niemoidians. Yeah, I'd still like Daultay Dofine (just repaint Lushros) and Tey How would be a new sculpt. I'm not as concerned with Nute and Rune changing hats for different movies. That's their problem - not my dioramas. It's insignificant to the focal points for my scenes: Jedi or Sith that accompany Nute in his AOTC and ROTS scenes - namely Dooku and Anakin. In fact, Nute is just "a body on the floor" behind my Mustafar playset, so I don't worry about him, nor would I chase down a ROTS version of him. Niemoidians don't sell to kids because they are cowards and don't do much but stammer. I think all of us collectors / diorama builders bought Lott - and Lushros as well. The back-jam of Niemoidian figures just proves that kids are buying other figures in the case (Anakin and Obi-Wan - and Grievous - shipped with Lushros recently) but the other 3 are gone, Lushros is still there. That he's a salt-shaker (as is Lott Dodd) is insignificant. We didn't want him to split down the middle and fire a missile!

Saga #52 Tusken Raider with Massiff - It's a repaint and one I didn't buy. I had Massifs that my Geonosians didn't need, and I had POTJ Tuskins. So I already owned the elements for my scenes that I needed.

WORST - Tusken because this particular mold had been released at least once before (POTJ). I think he'd come back once again, but I believe this was the 2nd release for the figure. There's not much updated to him. I don't count much for paint ap changes, and the Massif wasn't a new sculpt either.

El Chuxter
11-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Ephant is going to be unanimous, I think. Which is a tad unfortunate for the very nice Watto figure that just can't compare to this gigantic masterpiece.

Worst, I'll say Tusken for the same reasons as everyone else: existing mold for both the Tusken and Massiff,;though both are really cool molds, they don't quite compare.

Tycho
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Where is Saga 47, 48, and 49? Jaff, why are you polling in this order? Padme Pilot came in the same case as Jango Pilot and the Gunship Pilot figures - I recollect that perfectly - they came out well before Ephant Mon did. Hmmm. Is there some manipulation going on here? Do you work for Toy Fare or Rebelscum? ;)

sebillba
11-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Best - EPHANT MON.... this is a really good figure, but I think it's a bit overrated tbh. Sure it's a nice sculpt with a realistic paintjob, but his pose and articulation are quite limited. That's not a criticism of the figure - it does exactly what it needs to for a background character, and a lot of my favourite SW characters are background creatures in either the Cantina or Jabba's Palace, but Ephant just isn't one of them. There are so many other fantastic looking characters in the SW universe, which translate into brilliant figures, that I much prefer to Ephant. I can't help feeling this figure is getting such love because it was essentially a deluxe sold as a basic, and was therefore great VFM.... but I wasn't lucky enough to find one at retail, so had to buy it mail order, and since it was so big and heavy, the shipping was a lot more, making it around the same price as a deluxe. I'm still voting it best of the batch, it is a great figure, just far from best of all time IMO.

Worst - ENDOR REBEL SOLDIER.... a nice enough figure, but kind of boring compared to the others in this wave.

Kidhuman
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Best Ephant

Worst Tusken

Bosskman
11-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Best - Ephant
Worst - Tusken

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Best - Ephant Mon (Jabba's Head of Security)
Worst - Tusken Raider with Massiff. While a great figure, it wasn't new, whereas the others were.

This was a pretty solid wave overall.

tagmac
11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Best: PADME!!!!!
HAH! Sorry guys, but I have to be different here. :D Honestly, as good as Ephant was, it didn't overly impress me. If not for it's sheer size, it would be considered no better tha any of the other quality-sculpted creatures we've gotten. Padme had a great sculpt, excellent detail on the costume, ans most importantly, it actually looked like her. I know which figure is gonna win, but what can you do. :)

Worst: Lott Dodd - a nice figure, but boring, and thus the least best of a very strong group of figures.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-02-2006, 06:46 PM
You beat me to the punch tagmac. I'm going to be a rebel as well.

Tusken, Massiff and Endor Soldier are all repaints, but not bad figures. Good for army building.

Overall, I think the Episode I Watto is a better figure, but I like the stand with this Saga one. The Episode I version wants to lean back when I have him on his Commtech base.

Lott Dodd is an okay figure, but his face seems to lack detail, and the robe makes it hard to move his arms.

Ephant Mon - A great figure, great sculpt and detail. Also, pretty good articulation for a figure this size. However, the bulkiness kind of limits his poseability. I do like that his jaw moves.

Padme - We don't get enough Padme figures, and the first AOTC Padme figure was not well received. This one, however, is great. Great likeness and articulation, and a removeable helmet.

BEST - Padmť
WORST - Lott Dodd

Darth Jax
11-02-2006, 07:59 PM
worst - watto
best - back on the ephant bandwagon.

Jaff
11-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Where is Saga 47, 48, and 49? Jaff, why are you polling in this order? Padme Pilot came in the same case as Jango Pilot and the Gunship Pilot figures - I recollect that perfectly - they came out well before Ephant Mon did. Hmmm. Is there some manipulation going on here? Do you work for Toy Fare or Rebelscum? ;)

I made my decisions because my dog told me to!

Because I felt like it!

Why ask why? Save complications for our daily lives and bask in the fun of our topics!

However, since I respect you, and do not wish to offend I will explain why I made the choices I made technically.

I'm sorry Tycho, your wrong, Padme was released before Jango and the Clone pilot. Here are the specific case breakdowns for all pre-jango pilot cases which are in this poll. Padme was released in August (at the same time as Lott) in a case by herself, and was then reinserted into the Jango case right after these two cases ran on shelves for a short time.

August 2002 to December 2002
Asst # 84861001L
2 x Lott Dod (Neimodian Senator)
1 x Royal Guard (Coruscant Security)
1 x Teemto Pagalies (Pod Racer)
2 x Watto (Mos Espa Junk Dealer)
1 x Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
2 x Tuskin Raider (With Massiff)
1 x Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
1 x Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
1 x Endor Rebel Soldier (no beard)

August 2002 to February 2003
Asst # 85851 000 Q
3 Padme Amidala (Coruscant Attack)
3 Darth Maul (Sith Apprentice)
3 Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine Attack)
1 Yoda (Hanger Duel)
1 Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot
1 Chewbacca (Cloud City Capture)

The Jango Pilot case then had Padme in it!

If you can't accept my word that her case came out before Jango, here is the back of her blister which does not show Jango, or the clone pilot and reflects her case assortment above:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/swsaga/sw0241padmepilotcardbk.jpg

To further explore the cardbacks, Padme was never pictured on any cardback until the Jango Pilot or Clone Pilot. She was in limbo with repacks, that's why her cardback only shows earlier figures. Had she been released with Jango her cardback would have reflected those figures, but she didn't. She was just really hard to find before the Jango case.

If you want me to explain why I put Ephant with this wave I can explain that too. I knew no matter what wave I put Ephant in, the masses, including myself (hats off to Tagmac and Mad Slant for going against the grain) would pass over any figure for this behemoth. So it didn‘t matter what wave I put Ephant in, so there is no motivation for me to pick a wave for him to go in. Once again I am doing this poll by specific release dates, so polls will not be dictated by my “oh I bet this figure will win if I put it here“ impulses.

Wait.....! Your asking .....Ephant came out after Jango? Yes, this is true. It has to do with the mathmatics of the year: Here’s the calculation I figured out for my final polls of the year:

Lott Dodd wave = 4 figures (Tusken, beardless Endor dude, Watto, and Lott) + Padme + Ephant = 6 figs

Jango Pilot wave = 2 figures (Jango Pilot, Clone Pilot) + Yoda Jedi Council wave = 4 figures (Yoda, Destroyer Droid, Imperial Officer [new face sculpt], Rebel Fleet Trooper [new face sculpt]) = 6 figs.

Thus each poll is even. It made sense to me when I was planning my polls a week ago!

Below is what the release dates looked like in 2002.

7/02 - Saga #42 Darth Maul Sith Training
Saga #44 Ki-Adi Mundi
Saga #46 Teemto Pagalies

8/02 - Saga #41 Padme Amidala Coruscant Attack
Saga #51 Lott Dodd

9/02 - Saga #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
Saga #49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot

10/02 - Saga #45 Ephant Mon

12/02 - Saga #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle
Saga #53 Yoda Jedi High Council
Saga #54 Rebel Trooper (new head sculpt)
Saga #55 Imperial Officer (new head sculpt)
Saga #56 Eeth Koth - not in poll, same figure as POTJ
Saga #57 Teebo - not in poll, same figure as POTJ

This is the longest explination I ever gave to a simple question, but if you know my process of picking polls you will be able to identify my patterns if you know the dealer/street release dates of all the figures since 1995. There are many facets that I use for picking figures, but they are there. Some reasons are detailed, some are foul ups like the b-wing of 2000 (see earlier poll in this thread). Ephant was definitely planned as I did him for the reasons mentioned above.

Tycho
11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Wow! Thanks for that great explanation Jaff. I'm dumbfounded, proven wrong (I probably wasn't hitting the stores then as I only needed 1 Padme and 16 Rep Gunship Pilots (which eventually turned into 20), and thus I had no reason to shop when Padme first saw limited release. I guess I got her later. I like any vacation I can take from hunting down figures at 7 o'clock in the morning.

But your post was a real wake-up call. Kudos to you and the way you are running this poll.

El Chuxter
11-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I object. Jaff, please delete all of my posts. I will not participate in this sham any further. :mad:

April Fool's! (Just 147 days early.)

:p

pbarnard
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Best: Pilot Padme. Nice detail, even the action feature doesn't detract. The accessories and details prove they can do things on a small scale. I just don't see the Ephant Mon hype/buy into it. Good for a Jabba's Dio, but it wasn't that hard to find and it even clogged up KB 6-9 months after its release.

Worst: Endor Soldier. Sorry, just don't see it, and it was a contest between him and Lott Dodd as Peg Warmer Supreme.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I just don't see the Ephant Mon hype/buy into it. Good for a Jabba's Dio, but it wasn't that hard to find and it even clogged up KB 6-9 months after its release.I never saw this in the store. I think I may have seen remnants of the cases it was in, so perhaps it was bad timing on my part. I finally bought it from Brian's Toys a couple years later.

pbarnard
11-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I bought mine at the Wal-Mart in my parents home town in NE Iowa. After I started at UI later that fall, found them all winter and spring at a KB outlet 30 minutes away for 2.99, a friend in NJ from joecustoms/ffurg found them at KB at the same time for that price and eventually discounted down to .99

Every figure can be found, eventually.

Tycho
11-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Really nice finds pbarnard. Maybe it's an "only in Iowa thing?" That wouldn't have gone down in Southern California.

I got my Ephants - 4 of them for $2.98 at KB - fresh out of the cases. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have lasted were it not for me.

But granted - I don't know for sure. I went to KB to get the 15" OTC Chewbacca and stumbled on them stocking, so I can't say I made a habit out of going to KB that much.

Jaff
11-04-2006, 12:31 AM
You know Ephant seems to be either hot or cold on shelves for most of us. I remember seeing a picture on the web where there were at least 50 Ephants on the shelf. I myself never saw one on the shelf, and had this thought that he was a dealer exclusive or something.

My first (open) Ephant that I got was found by none other than my wife. She was in KB toys with her Dad doing Christmas shopping and she snatched it. The next day she told me she found him, and said I had to wait another month til CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!:upset: That was one long wait. I waited till June the next year hoping Ephant would surface to get my packaged Ephant. Finally I caved and ordered one for $19.99 through a dealer.

With that said here are the results from our last poll:

Watto Junk Dealer/Ephant wave
BEST
Ephant Mon (Saga) 10
Padme Amidalla Coruscant Attack (Saga) 3

WORST
Tusken Raider with Massif (Saga) 6
Lott Dodd (Saga) 2
Endor Rebel Soldier - no beard (Saga) 3
Watto Junk Dealer (Saga) 1

Jaff
11-04-2006, 12:39 AM
After this post there is just one more to go before the end of the year round up. The last of the basic figure waves includes some of the greatest pegwarmer stories of all time, yeah, Iím talking about Jango Pilot. Although he was the only real neutral Jango we ever had he was so abundant many disliked this figure. The overflow of this figureís wave made the new retooled Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer hard to find. Another problem that the Jango pegwarmers caused was the severe draught that collectors would soon face. Between Christmas of 2002 and June of 2003 finding new figs would be a challenge even for the veteran collectors out there. Because of the Jango/Padme/Gunship pilot overflow, retailers bottled up and ordered nothing which caused one of the dryest and most bitter times for collectors in recent history.

9/02 - Saga #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
12/02 - Saga #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle
Saga #55 Imperial Officer (New head sculpt)

Saga #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagajangopilot.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagaclonepilot.asp
Saga #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagadestroyerdroid.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagayodajedicouncil.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0254rebeltrooper.asp
Saga #55 Imperial Officer (New head sculpt)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0255impofficer.asp

Jaff
11-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Saga #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot - I loved the Jango Pilot, but hated him at retail. Yet if I take the retail side of this figure away from thought he is the best Jango ever made. He has an awesome neutral pose, a nice action feature, and was just top notch all around.
Saga #49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot - It wont be hard to vote for the worst. What is this clone doing, dancing?
Saga #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle - What an improvement over the Episode I Destroyer Droid. At first I passed on this one, and then bought up as many as I could. It is an awesome figure.
Saga #53 Yoda Jedi High Council - Take an Episode I Yoda, repaint it, and give it a new title doesnít make something new. It makes it unimpressive. Repaints on core characters causes me to ignore such changes. If they did it to army builder stuff, then I would buy it.
Saga #54 Rebel Trooper (new head sculpt) - Never found this one, but there were actually two versions from what I understand. One was black haired, while the other was Red haired. Nice idea for Army building. I love retools on figures like this.
Saga #55 Imperial Officer (New head sculpt) - Ditto goes for this one as what I said about the Rebel Trooper. Even better, was that this was an Imperial officer and he was a blond!!!!!

BEST - Jango Fett Pilot

WORST - Clone Trooper Pilot, what a nasty, poor conceived sculpt. It looks like heís doing a pee-pee dance.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Not really sure how to vote here. Jango and the Clone are the only really new figures here. The clone's pose without the gun turret is not very neutral. Jango is a decent figure, but his action feature gives him floppy arms that can't stay up. Otherwise, some good arm articulation.

I don't like the missiles on the Destroyer Droid arms. Yoda is just a repaint of the Episode I figure. Imperial Trooper and Rebel Trooper are also just re-released figures. Both fine figures, but really they are figures we have already voted on.

BEST - Imperial Trooper
WORST - Yoda

pbarnard
11-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Really nice finds pbarnard. Maybe it's an "only in Iowa thing?" That wouldn't have gone down in Southern California.

I got my Ephants - 4 of them for $2.98 at KB - fresh out of the cases. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have lasted were it not for me.

But granted - I don't know for sure. I went to KB to get the 15" OTC Chewbacca and stumbled on them stocking, so I can't say I made a habit out of going to KB that much.

So glad people actually read posts (on all sites).

outlet 30 minutes away for 2.99, a friend in NJ from joecustoms/ffurg found them at KB at the same time for that price and eventually discounted down to .99

Every figure can be found, eventually.

I don't make a habit of going out unless I read about a particular wave hitting and I want that one or two figs. My friend gave me the heads up, I wasted the gas, and he now has his corner of my jabba's palace dio.

Best: Imperial Trooper. Only did find the dark haired version...
Worst: Yoda. Way to repack the same figure only this time with a lightsaber. Could've tried a Luke with a new hat...wait, did that one...maybe a poncho too?

Tycho
11-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Saga #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot - I really liked this figure. Unfortunately, while I often buy lots of figures, I only needed 1 of Jango - and that's all I bought.

Saga #49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot - I like this figure too and luckily needed 20 of them for 5 gunships. It was fun because I got invited into a certain store's stock room and I raided fresh cases for these guys and left with all I needed - my friends in my circle had gotten theirs taken care of too, so we each had to only buy for ourselves. I don't mind the figure's pose at all - it's doing exactly what I need him to be doing.

Saga #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle - This figure with it's horridly scaled missle launchers didn't do it for me. When I saw this figure previewed, it convinced me to buy scores of $3 carded TPM Destroyer Droids at Comic Con and I picked up like 15 more of them. I had to loathe Saga #48 to go that far!

Saga #53 Yoda Jedi High Council - A repaint would normally get my vote for useless and then worst, but the Destroyer Droid actually disgusts me more.

Saga #54 Rebel Trooper (new head sculpt) - I didn't need him. I still have 2 extra POTJ ones that I haven't found a diorama for. Good sculpt though.

Saga #55 Imperial Officer (New head sculpt) - I bought a few of the blonde guy for the Star Destroyer I one day hope to build. I had enough of the brown hair from the POTJ days which even provided me with some extras. A great figure.

BEST - Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot

WORST - Destroyer Droid

Kidhuman
11-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Worst - Yoda

Best - Jango

sebillba
11-04-2006, 04:31 AM
A really uninspiring wave here...

Jango - I don't like the floppy arm action feature. And the lack of a helmet means this can never be the definitive Jango.

Clone Trooper - stupid pose and can't stand properly without its turret.

Destroyer Droid - completely ruined by the firing missile feature.

Yoda - my favourite character, but I don't likethe Ep1 puppet on which this is sculpted. I prefer this repaint to the original version though.

Rebel Trooper - I never got this one, as I didn't realise it was a different head. Looking at the pics on RS though, it doesn't look different enough.

Imperial Officer - ditto above, though I like the look of the blond one, and wouldn't mind tracking one down.

Best - BLOND IMPERIAL OFFICER

Worst - DESTROYER DROID

Bosskman
11-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Best - Blond Imp O (but I don't have him ... yet.

Worst - Yoda (I hate that abomidable puppet

As far as the DD goes, the head is the only good thing about it. I bought a few, and put the heads on my TPM DD bodies. Makes for the perfect DD.

dindae
11-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I gonna vote Clone pilot the best. Not the best figure in the world but not a great bunch of options.

Worst is going to Yoda. Really nothing new here. I remember being annoyed by this one even before we were given an onslaught of rehashes.

Darth Jax
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
best - blond imp
worst - jango pilot. bad action figures makes for weak arms. headset prevents a helmet

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Best - Jango Fett (Slave I Pilot) - even with the weird arms and feature, I just love this one. The face is perfect.
Worst - Destroyer Droid (Geonosis Battle) - this damn thing's legs are warped all to hell, and the cannons are dumb.

tagmac
11-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Best: Pilot Jango

Worst: Destroyer Droid

Overall, a very weak wave by comparison.

Jaff
11-06-2006, 02:26 AM
All in all, this was a very tight race for both best and worst polls.

Jango/Yoda waves
BEST
Jango Fett Pilot (Saga) 4
Imperial Officer ďblondď (Saga) 5
Clone Trooper Pilot (Saga) 2

WORST
Clone Trooper Pilot (Saga) 1
Yoda Jedi Council (Saga) 5
Destroyer Droid (Saga) 4
Jango Fett Pilot (Saga) 1

Jaff
11-06-2006, 02:34 AM
The last poll of 2002 isnít the most exciting to cheer about. Either one item is a statue, or another is a cute variation on the saga. The holiday Wal-Mart exclusive R2 and 3PO was around if you wanted to find it, and the Trash Compactor sets were easy to find. Later the Trash Compactors went on clearance, and these sets were a fine item to get as the Dionaga accessory was a real gem.

11/02
C-3PO (Holiday Edition Two Pack)
R2-D2 (Holiday Edition Two Pack)

12/02
Luke in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set: Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Han in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set: Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Princess Leia (Trash Compactor set: Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Chewbacca (Trash Compactor set: Wal-Mart Exclusive)

C-3PO (Holiday Edition Two Pack)
R2-D2 (Holiday Edition Two Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/swsagaholidayedition.asp
Luke in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set)
Han in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02dstc1.asp
Princess Leia (Trash Compactor set)
Chewbacca (Trash Compactor set)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02dstc2.asp

Jaff
11-06-2006, 02:41 AM
For me this is a tough vote because it is hard to vote for the Trash compactor figures by themselves. I personally think the Trash Compactor two-packs were one of the coolest things ever made since 1995. I still go out of my way to display it. The holiday figures donít interest me though.

C-3PO (Holiday Edition Two Pack) - 3PO as Santa droid was actually quite nice. Heís a good decoration. I prefer displaying this one without R2.
R2-D2 (Holiday Edition Two Pack) - R2 as a reindeer was cute to be sure, but not something that grabbed me. Although C-3PO looked humorus and fun, this R2 looked like a quick mock up. The antlers just donít do justice to the theme. That makes this one a strike out.
Luke in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set) - Super twisted Luke is a real extreme statue. He is perfect for this set, but without the dionaga tentacle on him he just doesnít work for anything.
Han in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set) - This Han actually looks O.K. even outside of the display set. He has a nice pose, and does not have any extreme facial expression. I could see this figure released in a single blister if it had not been in this set and was toned down just a little bit.
Princess Leia (Trash Compactor set) - Leia looks nice, and as long as you leave the large pole in her hand she is an excellent figure. I have no complaints about her at all.
Chewbacca (Trash Compactor Set) - Hereís another top notch chewie despite his pose. The figure is nicely detailed, and works great in this set. Unlike Han and Leia he canít hold his own, but I have no complaints.

BEST - Iíll go with Han.

WORST - R2-D2 (Holiday two pack)

Bosskman
11-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Best - Leia (don't know why exactly, just really like this one)
Worst - R2

sebillba
11-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Best - HAN

Worst - R2 (passed on this set altogether)

Darth Jax
11-06-2006, 07:15 AM
best - chewie
worst - R2 (didn't care for the holiday figures and R2 is way worse than 3PO)

Tycho
11-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't buy Holiday Figures, but I'll trust folks judgement here.

I usually don't buy box sets of resculpts either, but for some reason, finding the trash compactor sets excited me and they really didn't cost anything, so I bought them and I've not really regretted it. They remain some of the very rare items that I don't open.

So

BEST: Han Solo (actually voting for a Han figure - haven't done that since the '99 CommTech!)

WORST: R2D2 with Antlers (they make this but not the Shield Bunker Damaged one from the Battle of Endor?)

El Chuxter
11-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Best: C-3PO. Sure, he's a damned statue, but, dude, a Santa beard. That may be the coolest accessory ever, even if it is permanently attached.

Worst: R2-D2. Eh, they just can't get him right, and the antlers didn't seem particularly clever 20-odd years ago, either.

tagmac
11-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Best: Chewie - the only one of the set that didn't look ridiculous to me when posed alone, although I concede that all the sculpts were pretty good here.

Worst: It was a toss up here, but I'm going with Luke as the worst over "Lou Ferrigno" Han - that look on Luke's face really gets to me with how bad it looks.

I can't really vote for or against the holiday figs, since I never did get them, and for what they were meant to represent, they didn't look that bad anyway.

pbarnard
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Best: C-3P0. Thank the maker!!! Santa Claus!!!

Worst: R2. Proving once and for all the Hasbro Exclusives people (now the runners of the Hasbro ToyShop) are the most schizophrenic group out there with their hits and misses.

dindae
11-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Han will get my nod for the best even though I can't really say I that much for any of these figures.

R2 will get worst

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Best - Han Solo
Worst - C-3PO, the chest is just too wrong

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
BEST = Han
WORST - C-3PO

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Best - R2, he is so damn cute

Worst - 3po

TheDarthVader
11-07-2006, 01:31 PM
i am baaaack

Best Han Solo in disguise
Worst Holiday C-3PO

Jaff
11-08-2006, 07:46 AM
That's it for 2002. Now it's time for the end of the year.

Holiday figs and Trash Compactor sets
BEST
Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor) 7
Princess Leia (Trash Compactor) 1
Chewbacca (Trash Compactor) 2
C-3PO (Holiday 2-pack) 2
R2-D2 (Holiday 2-pack) 1

WORST
R2-D2 (Holiday 2-pack) 8
Luke Skywalker (Trash Compactor) 1
C-3PO (Holiday 2-pack) 4

Jaff
11-08-2006, 07:49 AM
2002 ends with a large list for us to narrow, and although Ephant may be the best bet to pick, there are some really nice figures that must be painfully dismissed to vote for the big guy.

BEST
BoShek (POTJ)
R3-T7 (Sneak Peak)
RX-24 (Star Tours)
Paploo (AT-ST pack-in)
Captain Typho (Saga)
Dexter Jettster (Saga)
Royal Guard (Saga)
Mace Windu (Deluxe)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel (Saga)
Chancellor Palpatine (Saga)
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture (Saga)
Nexu (Deluxe)
Ponda Baba (Cantina bar scene)
Ephant Mon (Saga)
Imperial Officer ďblondĒ (Saga)
Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set)

WORST
R4-M9 (POTJ)
Clone Trooper (Sneak Peak)
DL-X2 (Star Tours)
R2-D2 Dagobah (X-Wing pack-in)
Anakin Skywalker Peasant (Saga)
Battle Droid (Saga)
Jar Jar Binks (Saga)
Obi-Wan Kenobi ďforce-flippingĒ (Deluxe)
Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue (Saga)
Qui-Gon Jinn (Saga)
Han Solo Endor Raid (Saga)
Anakin Skywalker ďforce-flippingĒ (Deluxe)
Battle Droid (Arena Accessory set)
Tusken Raider with Massif (Saga)
Yoda Jedi Council (Saga)
R2-D2 ďwith antlersĒ (Holiday 2-pack)

Vote your final best and worst for 2002!

Jaff
11-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Uggghhh, what a list to go through. Although the Best seems easy let me figure out who I would pick from the list above..., they are:

BoShek (POTJ)
R3-T7 (Sneak Peak)
Captain Typho (Saga)
Dexter Jettster (Saga)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel (Saga)
Chancellor Palpatine (Saga)
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture (Saga)
Nexu (Deluxe)
Ephant Mon (Saga)

My faves out of this list are of course Ephant, Dexter, BoShek, and Palpy. Luke is very useful and articulate for several different scenes. If I wasn’t picking Ephant. Dexter or Palpy would win for sure. As it stands I have to pick Ephant. He is an impressive figure. However I’m curious what all you who vote for Ephant would have picked if big Mon was not on this list. Voice your thoughts.

BEST of 2002: Ephant Mon

The worst list has some real stinkers. So here is my narrowed down list.

Clone Trooper (Sneak Peak) - too posed and out dated
Jar Jar Binks (Saga) - What a messily designed figure
Obi-Wan Kenobi “force-flipping” (Deluxe)
Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue (Saga)
Anakin Skywalker “force-flipping” (Deluxe)

The force Flippers are bad JU-JU. The Clone Trooper and Jar Jar are really posed poorly. The Mace is havoc though. He’s got this hernia yell that is just so sour. He is the ultimate stinker if you ask me.

WORST of 2002 - Mace Windu Geonosian Rescue (Saga)

dindae
11-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Best - Ephant Mon - love the character love the fig now I'm looking forward to Hermi Odle

Worst - Force flipping Obi-Wan I'm only picking this one over Anikan because my cat chewed the lightsaber on it so I felt compelled to get another on clearance.

pegger
11-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Best - Ephant Mon

Worst - Jar Jar...because you've got to know we're not getting a sculpt of this figure any time soon...atleast the force flippers can be easily ignored

DarkArtist
11-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Best would be Ehpant Mon
Worst is Geo "spanking" Mace

Tycho
11-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Best: Ephant Mon of course
Worst: R2D2 with Antlers - the holiday editions are really unncessary. I'm all for "the Separation of Church and Star Wars."

mtriv73
11-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Best: Ephant

Worst: Jar Jar

sebillba
11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Best - Sorry, but as much as I like Ephant, I don't think he's the greatest figure ever made, or even the best of the year. My vote goes to CHEWIE CLOUD CITY CAPTURE - the best Chewie sculpt up to that point, nicely articulated, with virtually a second figure as an accessory - which also has light-up fx!! WOW!!!

Worst - FORCE FLIP ANAKIN.

Kidhuman
11-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Ephant is best

Worst - Han Solo Endor Raid

El Chuxter
11-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Ephant is, easily, the best.

Worst is, easily, Anakin Skywalker (Deluxe).

pbarnard
11-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Best: Cloud City Capture Chewbacca. Probably the best non-VOTC wookie out there. The threepio parts are pretty good too. Only problem is attatching the net to his back. I can't and won't vote for Ephant Mon because he has no value outside of filling up a Dio for me and is seriously overrated because of the percieved scarcity/impatience of the fanboy collective. BoShek has some customizing value so he avoids this fate. The second best figure is the Nexu.

Worst: Endor Raid Han. While the force flippes were close, this one was atrocious.

Bosskman
11-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Best - Chewie CC Capture

Worst - Jar Jar Stinks with ER Han a close second

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Best - Ephant Mon (Jabba's Head of Security)
Worst - Anakin Skywalker with Force-Flipping Action. There is just no excuse for that damn face. At least Mace can be used in battle scenes.

Darth Jax
11-08-2006, 08:50 PM
nice to see Chewie bespin gettin the love he deserves as the best. the worst is antlered R2.

ephant is great because of his size, but the bulk aside the figure isn't that impressive. he should've been a deluxe. luke bespin was a good figure as well. elvis in space boshek captured the likeness great for the figure.

the force flippers were horrible. battle droids continue to be made from cheap plastic. mace has a ridiculous expression. the bad figures are all bad.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2006, 09:05 PM
BEST
BoShek (POTJ) - Perhaps my favorite of the bunch, but not quite enough articulation to make it the best.
R3-T7 (Sneak Peak) - A nice astro droid, first one with a clear dome, but not enough to be the winner.
RX-24 (Star Tours)
Paploo (AT-ST pack-in)
Captain Typho (Saga) - Not good enough due to pose and lack of articulation.
Dexter Jettster (Saga) - Nice detail, but don't
Royal Guard (Saga) - Okay but should be a bit more neutral
Mace Windu (Deluxe)
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel (Saga) - A great figure. Only bad point is the button in the back.
Chancellor Palpatine (Saga) - Great likeness and neutral pose but robe arms become lethal weapons.
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture (Saga) - Good figure but attaching net with C-3PO is difficult.
Nexu (Deluxe)
Ponda Baba (Cantina bar scene) - Nicely done.
Ephant Mon (Saga) - Great figure, but I'm not going to vote for it
Imperial Officer ďblondĒ (Saga) - Great army builder.
Han Solo in Stormtrooper (Trash Compactor set)

I like the articulation on Ponda Baba, but don't like the figure as much as the Imperial Officer, which doesn't have knee articulation. Luke has the button in his back, but I can ignore that as I like everything else about the figure.

BEST - Luke Bespin Duel
WORST - Han Endor Raid because the action feature is no good, he can't stand and he is stuck in that extreme pose.

tagmac
11-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Best: Chewbacca, Cloud City Escape - gotta give this figure a fighting chance, as I just don't think Ephant mon deserves to be considered the best. If it wasn't for the sheer bulk of the figure, no one would be batting an eye on it.

Worst: Anakin Force Flipper - these things were just plain hideous!

Jaff
11-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Chewbacca began to gain a respectable lead, but Ephant won the show. The looser of the year was a very aggressive race, and there really is no profound winner as so many people picked various figs.

Final 2002 poll
BEST
Ephant Mon (Saga) 9
Chewbacca Cloud City Capture (Saga) 5
Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel (Saga) 1

WORST
Mace Windu Geonosian rescue (Saga) 2
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Deluxe force flip) 1
Jar Jar Binks Gungan Senator (Saga) 3
R2-D2 (Holiday 2-pack) 2
Anakin Skywalker (Deluxe force flip) 4
Han Solo Endor Raid (Saga) 3

This means that our current list of best and worst figures of all time are as follows:

YEAR END SUMMARIES
BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo ďBespin CaptureĒ (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 -

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2003 -

Let's begin 2003 shall we?

Jaff
11-10-2006, 08:04 AM
In the beginning of 2003 you couldnít find any figures, and if you did it was through dealers who were charging very high ammounts for this first batch of figures. These figures were in great demand, and the next waves became equally as rare.

1/03
Saga #1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle
Saga #3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape
Saga #4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
Saga #5/03 SP4 and JN66
Saga #6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush

Saga #1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03obiwanacklay.asp
Saga #3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03tyranusescape.asp
Saga #4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0304padmedfc.asp
Saga #5/03 SP4 and JN66
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0305sp-4jn-66.asp
Saga #6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0306tuskenraidertca.asp

Jaff
11-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Saga #1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle - What a dissapointing Obi. So he came with binders and a spear. That did not motivate me to buy this one, and it's terrible pose made me happy I did not.
Saga #3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape - Another Dooku that had a slumping pose. I was dissappointed in this one, and thus did not buy it. Besides it really didn't improve the first version.
Saga #4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase) - If it wasn't for her statuesque pose this would have been an awesome figure. I really like this Padme and want to vote for her as the best, but I can't in good conscience. She is just to extreme. I love the fact that her base connects with the 3PO deluxe figure.
Saga #5/03 SP4 and JN66 - These were nice surprises and gave hope to the prospect of Tatooine Biggs being made someday. Both figs were cute that's about it. Not very useful figures for me though.
Saga #6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush - It was really sad that Hasbro was making every figure into a statue during these times. There were some really awesome ideas that were ruined by poses. This figure was one of those who survived his extreme pose. The figure and detail works and for a bonus you could cut off it's head which was cool. However the magnet was weak, and the head falls off easy. All in all, at the time, this was the best figure made out of this group, although I really like Padme too.

BEST - Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp (Saga)

WORST - Another Obi-Wan that wasn't up to par.

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 08:29 AM
Did you actually see Padme and Dooku? Those are sweet figures. So much so that Dooku barely beats Padme for my "best" vote.

Worst is Obi-Wan. The obscene action feature hurt an otherwise okay figure.

Tycho
11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Saga #1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle - Yup, he did have an obscene action feature and once again he doesn't look like Ewan McGreggor.

Saga #3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape - A nice figure actually. But I would be most impressed with a Dooku figure in 2005 for the ROTS assortment.

Saga #4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase) - A great figure. I wish we could have alternate heads so her mouth wouldn't be always open, screaming. But they did a nice job on Padme.

Saga #5/03 SP4 and JN66 - Cute x-tras I guess. They make me miss my VINCENT figure from The Black Hole a little less.

Saga #6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush - A really good figure. He's supposed to be from AOTC, but he really fits in to the Tusken Attack Scene in ANH and I really want to see how this figure displays with Luke Skywalker.

BEST - Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp (Saga)

WORST - Another Obi-Wan that wasn't up to par.

Padme and Dooku were close runners-up to my best vote, I want it noted.

dindae
11-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Best I'll go with the Library droids. I was shocked to see them made and a two pack at that. Dooku would be a good second for me.

Worst I'm going to go with the Deepthroat Padme blowup doll. The body is good but the head totally ruined this figure. So second strike on this outfit for Hasbro and it looks like strike three is coming right around the corner now.

sebillba
11-10-2006, 12:55 PM
Another uninspiring wave. The only really new figures were the library droids, and the soft plastic became misshapen in the package, so I was never too impressed with these.

Best - TUSKEN RAIDER

Worst - OBI-WAN

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Why wasn't Mace (#2) included in this batch of voting?

Best - Padmé Amidala (Droid Factory Chase) - nice articulation, nice sculpt, nice accessories.
Worst - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle) - put Obi-Wan in front of Padmé and you'll know why she's making that face. :D

pbarnard
11-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Best: Padme Factory Chase. I regretted trading her back than (but I got more than enough back in return).

Worst: Obi-Wan Kenobi. The magnet feature sucks. The action feature sucks. The action figure sucks.

Bosskman
11-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Best - Tusken
Worst - Obi-Wan

Darth Jax
11-10-2006, 07:09 PM
best - sand people, err tusken raider
worst - horrible obi

Mad Slanted Powers
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I've not opened the droids or this version of Tyranus. Obi-Wan is fixed in that pose and a lever prevents any rotation of the torso. Padme is okay, but the right leg is goofy so she only looks good running. Standing up straight reveals that leg is shorter. The Tusken is a decent figure, but not the most neutral Tusken we have had.

BEST - I'm going to go with the Droids, since they didn't seem to mess things up as much.

WORST - Obi-Wan

I almost went with Tusken for the best.

Tycho
11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Why wasn't Mace (#2) included in this batch of voting?

If I recall correctly, Mace wasn't ready to go in the initial shipment. Before Jaff seemed to post our options by the numbers in the collection, but this time he's going with the case assortments.

Obi-Wan came out with Happy Meal R2D2 and a very good version of Anakin and the modern standard for Boba Fett IIRC. He also will probably include Collection 2's contribution of Aayla, Bariss, Lama Su / Clone kid in the next group.

It sucks because R2 and Mace will really challenge each other for who is to be the worst. That's a tough vote right there. But I'm getting ahead of him and spoiling his next wave's surprise. (Sorry Jaff - I just felt like typing an answer when I actually understand something).

Kidhuman
11-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Good group of good figures, but Obi-Wan is the worst out of them.

I love the droids, dooku, and padme. But the Tusken beats em all out

tagmac
11-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Best: Count Dooku. Love the pose with the saber in one hand, and the force lightning on the other. The likeness was pretty good as well.

Worst: Obi-Wan Kenobi. The likeness really kills this figure, even worse than Padme.

pegger
11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
best - Tuskan

worst - Obi... narrowly beating Dooku. Sorry guys - hated this pose. Dooku got short changed until ROTS, which was a great figure, and Evolutions - which was perfect.

Jaff
11-13-2006, 04:15 AM
If I recall correctly, Mace wasn't ready to go in the initial shipment. Before Jaff seemed to post our options by the numbers in the collection, but this time he's going with the case assortments.

Obi-Wan came out with Happy Meal R2D2 and a very good version of Anakin and the modern standard for Boba Fett IIRC. He also will probably include Collection 2's contribution of Aayla, Bariss, Lama Su / Clone kid in the next group.

It sucks because R2 and Mace will really challenge each other for who is to be the worst. That's a tough vote right there. But I'm getting ahead of him and spoiling his next wave's surprise. (Sorry Jaff - I just felt like typing an answer when I actually understand something).

Tycho you are right on the money with your statements. Thanks for anwering the question for me.

Here is the current poll results:

Padme/Tusken wave
BEST
Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp (Saga) 7
SP4 and JN66 2
Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape (Saga) 2
Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase (Saga) 2

WORST
Obi-Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle (Saga) 12
Padme Amidala Droid Factory Chase (Saga) 1

Jaff
11-13-2006, 04:20 AM
As comforting as it was the Dealer exclusive Santrooper Builder Set was not a hard thing to get if you had $30 to spare. The set was a great joy because unlike the previously released Stormtrooper, and Endor Soldier troop builder set, these figures were all unique with different colored pauldrons. Today these sandtroopers can hold their own against newer evolution versions of these figures making them something of a high point in collecting. The Speeder Bike with Anakin and Dooku were not that easy to find for most. Only out for a short time, and mainly at Target the elusive Dooku was more prized than Anakin.

1/03
Anakin Skywalker (Speeder Bike)
Count Dooku (Speeder Bike)

2/03 -
Sandtrooper, white pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, black pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, orange pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, Grey pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)

So which is your worst and best out of this group?

Speeder Bike with Anakin
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03anakinswoop.asp
Speeder Bike with Dooku
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03tyranusspeeder.asp
Sandtrooper, white pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, black pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, orange pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
Sandtrooper, Grey pauldron (Sandtrooper Builder Set)
http://www.rebelscum.com/swsandtrooperset.asp

Jaff
11-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Speeder Bike with Anakin - You know, this Anakin was one bad looking figure. It was as if he had just been stung by a Bee in a private area. This fig was nothing short of awful. What made it even worse was that this figure, like most of the 2002, 2003 figures were sculpted into images that resembled nothing seen on film. The expression on this figure was the opposite of celluloid which made it a real useless thing for me.
Speeder Bike with Dooku - Dookuís bike was really cool, and the figure looked O.K. I donít have any complaints as the figure goes out to accomplish what it should which is look fine on the Speeder Bike.
Sandtrooper, different pauldrons (Sandtrooper Troop Builder Set - Dealer exclusive) - For all the Sandtroopers Iím going to do one review as they are all basically the same figure. In the end your really only voting for your favorite color Sandtrooper, unless you pick a bike figure as your favorite. I swore that every paint variation of every figure would be represented in this thread, so these figs can be no different. As to my favorite color: The evolution sandtroopers were orange and white, and the Saga 2 version was black, and these were improvements over the figures in this builder set. So I guess the Gray is the only one that hasnít gone through the evolution treatment. Since itís the same fig as the POTJ it is really no big deal, but this, like the POTJ version are the best of this color of sandtrooper. It makes sense on some level.

BEST - Sandtrooper gray pauldron (Sandtrooper builder set)

WORST - Anakin Skywalker (Speeder Bike)

sebillba
11-13-2006, 04:33 AM
I never got any of these releases so I'm going to sit this round out.

Tycho
11-13-2006, 04:36 AM

This Anakin figure is so awful, that I had to have his face turned away in my display (to look at Tatooine Pamde) as it would ruin my diorama of the E2 Lars Homestead.

Dooku is a great figure for riding his speederbike. So for what it was, it's pretty darn good.

I chose the grey sandtrooper mainly in copy-catting Jaff. But he voted intelligently anyway.

Could someone list the Sandtrooper ranks:

black- ?
orange - ?
grey - ?
white - Sergeant (I've heard)

Kidhuman
11-13-2006, 05:56 AM
I never got any of these releases so I'm going to sit this round out.

Seconded....

Bosskman
11-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Best - Dooku
Worst - Anakin - his face doesn't bother me so much as his lack of cloak. His bike is cool too.

Darth Jax
11-13-2006, 07:14 AM
anakin is worst.

how do you single out one of the sandtroopers as best? i'll go with the consensus so far that grey is best.

dindae
11-13-2006, 09:23 AM
anakin is worst.

how do you single out one of the sandtroopers as best? i'll go with the consensus so far that grey is best.

What he said.

Tycho
11-13-2006, 12:47 PM

I think the consensus was arrived at because the grey has the least amount of options to obtain it - the black and orange were carded, the white is available in evolutions and the cantina diorama. Grey might've only been inlcuded with the Dewback prior.

sebillba
11-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I think it was more to do with the grey version being the only one that hasn't been improved on - all the other colours having better versions though either Evolutions or Saga 2.

pbarnard
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM

This Anakin figure is so awful, that I had to have his face turned away in my display (to look at Tatooine Pamde) as it would ruin my diorama of the E2 Lars Homestead.

Dooku is a great figure for riding his speederbike. So for what it was, it's pretty darn good.

I chose the grey sandtrooper mainly in copy-catting Jaff. But he voted intelligently anyway.

Could someone list the Sandtrooper ranks:

black- ?
orange - ?
grey - ?
white - Sergeant (I've heard)

http://www.ffurg.com/references/stormtrooper_rank_pauldrons.htm

No Way definitive, but it's something

dindae
11-13-2006, 02:04 PM
They must have a crack unit on Tatooine then as I have at least a 5 to 1 ratio of officer to enlisted. Probably 2 to 1 for sergeant.

Tycho
11-13-2006, 04:02 PM
They must have a crack unit on Tatooine then as I have at least a 5 to 1 ratio of officer to enlisted. Probably 2 to 1 for sergeant.

Yeah, I noticed. Thanks for the link pbarnard.

However I'd hoped that Sandtroopers would follow some sort of pattern that paid respect to their clone army origins:

yellow - commander (so this might be the white with Sandtroopers)
red - captain (so this would be the orange with Sandtroopers)
blue - lieutenient (so this would be the black with sand troopers)
green - sergeant (so this would be the grey with sandtroopers)

It doesn't work that way apparently.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I can't single out a sandtrooper so I'll pick Dooku as best.

Anakin is worst.

TheDarthVader
11-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Best grey pauldron sandtrooper
worst anakin from speeder bike

tagmac
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
I never got these, so I'm just gonna vote based on the pics.

Best: Dooku - decent-looking, but only on the speeder bike.

Worst: Anakin - the look on the face is just plain ridiculous!

El Chuxter
11-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I didn't get the Sandtroopers, so:

Best: Dooku

Worst: Anakin

pegger
11-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Best - Sandtrooper - black! just to be different

Worst - Ani...

Jaff
11-15-2006, 07:43 AM
Best - Sandtrooper - black! just to be different

Worst - Ani...

I never "pegged" you as a rebel pegger. With that said you are the man of the hour because you have the honor to break the tie between the best figure of this wave. If you opt not to change your vote both of these will appear in the year end poll :thumbsup:

Sandtrooper/Speeder Bikes
BEST
Sandtrooper Gray Pauldron (Builder set) 4
Sandtrooper Black Pauldron (Builder set) 1
Count Dooku (Speeder Bike) 4

WORST
Anakin Skywalker (Swoop Bike) 9

Who would have guessed (besides all of us) that Ani would loose by a LANDSLIDE!!!!!!

Jaff
11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Our next batch of figures annoyed me back in March 2003. Do you remember this time? Let me remind those of you who were collecting back in these days. You walk in Toys R Us, all you see is Padme Pilot, Jango Pilot, Senator Palpatine, and Han Endor. The shelves are full, so there is nothing new coming in. Then you drive to Wal-Mart, and there is not one figure on the shelf at all. So you say they gotta be out there somewhere, so you drive to Target which is either hot or cold. The shelves are empty. If your lucky (although I donít call this luck) you will find the new R2 or Mace Windu. Even in a drought these two figures didnít satiate any desire. For my own experience I never saw Lama, Aalya, or Bariss on any toy shelf ever. I was lucky enough to find the Mace wave on a WM shelf when they just stocked. I only got one Anakin and Boba, and left the rest. It was a frustrating time, because I would go to a comic shop and there was Lama, Aalya and Bariss (which you know the owner just bought at a local store) with a price tag of $10 each. You know how this story ends: I bought all three of them for $30, and I never saw these Saga blistered figures anywhere again. Thank you very much Hasbro!

3/03 - Saga #2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation
Saga #7/03 Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
Saga #8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
Saga #9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight
Saga #10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy
Saga #11/03 Aalya Secura Twiílek Jedi Knight
Saga #12/03 Bariss Offee Luminara Unduliís Padawan

So which is your best and worst tale, uhhmmm I mean figure!

Saga #2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0302macewinduac.asp
Saga #7/03 Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0307anakinsc.asp
Saga #8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0308bobafettpoc.asp
Saga #9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0309r2d2dff.asp
Saga #10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03lamasu.asp
Saga #11/03 Aalya Secura Twiílek Jedi Knight
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0311aaylasecura.asp
Saga #12/03 Bariss Offee Luminara Unduliís Padawan
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0312barrissoffee.asp

Jaff
11-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Saga #2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation - What did Hasbro have against Mace during 2002 and 2003?
Saga #7/03 Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony) - At the time this was the best Anakin. Yet with his flowing cape, and skeleton hand the figure was really no good. If you displayed him anywhere before the ceremony in a diorama you knew he didnít belong because of his hand. If you tried to pose him next to wedding Padme his cape and stance just didnít match her at all so he didnít work there either. My answer: I stand him next to Anakinís Swoop bike and conceal his hand behind the handle bar.
Saga #8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon - This was once the coolest Boba in my mind, but not my favorite figure of this bunch. Later this Boba couldnít compete with the VOTC version.
Saga #9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight - Immovable, string dangling Christmas ornament Junk!
Saga #10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy - Yeah their both statues, but what figs to have. The clone boy looks fine even though heís useless, and Lama Su is just sweet. What an accent to Taun We.
Saga #11/03 Aalya Secura Twiílek Jedi Knight - Aalya and Bariss go hand in hand with their review, so rather than go into it, go to Bariss Offee. However I am so thankful Aalya was remade in ROTS.
Saga #12/03 Bariss Offee Luminara Unduliís Padawan - This statue sure is neat for the arena, but is useless otherwise. My reasoning is that she is an unacceptable figure because if you move limbs it doesnít matter. She canít stand without her stand, and thereís no point trying to display her anywhere else but the arena. To my thinking they still havenít made a Bariss figure, they just made a statue.

BEST - Lama Su and Clone Boy, I know many will say Boba and say these figs are saltshakers, but they are neutral, and they display well in any diorama you make. In the end these two figs were made as they appeared in the movie with the exception that the Clone Boy canĎt sit.

WORST - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight, what were they thinking?

pegger
11-15-2006, 08:01 AM
LOL....

I *guess* I 'll vote sandtrooper with grey pauldron.....

For this round - best - Lama Su with clone boy...for your reason - they were salt shakers..but atleast neutral ones...

Worst - R2.... I still shudder when I think of that one....

sebillba
11-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Best - LAMA SU & CLONE BOY.... it was really nice to get Lama to go with Taun We, and the clone boy was a great bonus.

Worst - I can't believe I paid good money for Mace or R2 - surely two of the worst figures ever. I have to choose one, so I'll go with R2-D2, the more utterly useless of the two.

dindae
11-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Best I'm going with Boba Carkoon I thought this was a good update even if it has been improved upon.

Worst - Bariss just don't like anything about the figure.

El Chuxter
11-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Best: Aayla Secura. Yummy.

Worst: Artoo. (He beats Barriss by a few miles. I may have a crush on her, but she never sang opera in the movies.)

Battle Droid
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Best: Lama Su
Worst: R2-D2

pbarnard
11-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Best: Aayla Secura. Decent articulation. One of the least annoying magnetic hand features (Bespin Luke is probably the best).

Worst: Bariss Offee. A salt shaker just like her master. If not posed in battle, absolutely useless figures.

Tycho
11-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Saga #2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation - This figure was awful, looking like a wind-up toy. What did Hasbro have against Mace during 2002 and 2003? - ditto Jaff's comment.

Saga #7/03 Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony) - Ditto Jaff again: "At the time this was the best Anakin. Yet with his flowing cape, and skeleton hand the figure was really no good. If you displayed him anywhere before the ceremony in a diorama you knew he didnít belong because of his hand. If you tried to pose him next to wedding Padme his cape and stance just didnít match her at all so he didnít work there either." Tycho: I hide his hand in his cloak when I can and use this Anakin to make scenes like Shmi's funeral (still lacking the Lars family) look more dramatic, and where I can stand Anakin on a side angle, so you can't see his hand. This is exactly why I want the Evolutions Anakin (AOTC) released on a single card. I don't need more ROTS versions, or Vader for that matter, but I want this AOTC Anakin to be a neutral figure I can save to pair up with a lot of unproduced Padmes from AOTC that I want them to make as well. Secret Ceremony is a great figure, but he could have had interchangeable right arms and perhaps a soft-goods or neutral cloak. I trust Hasbro made him this way so they'd sell more Anakin figures with every little improvement - such as you'd have to get the Evolutions set or the Collectors' Tin set to get a better version of him. Well it didn't work on me. I'm still impatiently awaiting the release of the correct AOTC Anakin on a single card.

Saga #8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon - This is a nice figure. His paint ap was originally too cartoony and unworn however. He looked too new. For Saga 2 they've fixed this a bit, but I bought the Saga 1 figure and am happy leaving it at that. It's a nice figure.

Saga #9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight - I use this R2 to crew in my Shuttle Tyderium in the back. As such, you can't really tell he's crap as he's all the way in the back of the ship and just needs to stand there. I'm not exactly sorry I bought him. He does what I need him to do in that ship. However, I'd be sorry if I bought more than 1 of him. Terrible figure. I should have gotten a Happy Meal with this.

Saga #10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy - Good figures. Exactly what they need to be.

Saga #11/03 Aalya Secura Twiílek Jedi Knight - I like this figure! She's not as badly pre-posed as Bariss by a long shot. I was really glad they made her, but yeah, her ROTS figure totally out does this one, and her leg is articulated, but nevertheless, very awkwardly and this makes her sort of feel fragile.

Saga #12/03 Bariss Offee Luminara Unduliís Padawan - "This statue sure is neat for the arena, but is useless otherwise." My thoughts exactly. I'd like an updated figure of Bariss that's neutral. We got a great one of Luminara for ROTS. Now it's Bariss' turn.

BEST - Boba Fett He beats Aayla because she has some flaws and Boba's just more fun to play with. This is the first time I've voted for a Boba Fett figure!

WORST - Wind-up Windu what were they thinking? I can at least use R2 as I described.

Bosskman
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Best - Lama Su
Worst - R2 - Worst Figure EVER

Kidhuman
11-15-2006, 05:04 PM
worst mace

best aaylaaaa

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Best - Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony)
Worst - R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight) - my contender for worst figure ever. I had to replace it at least once since the stupid string wouldn't stay in. What a waste of plastic this is.

tagmac
11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Best: Boba Fett. I loved the way this one looked, and didn't think it was too cartoony. Never bought th re-pack since I was happy with this one.

Worst: R2-D2. Didn't hate the figure, but it was yet another R2 we really didn't need at the time. I can't vote for Mace here because I liked the concept & play value behind it. Unfortunately, it came out looking horrible.

I remember this time period, er, fondly, because not only were the figures impossible to find in stores, but it was my first foray into the world of Kebco, who took even longer toget these figures than the stores did, and made up a million excuses about Hasbro being at fault in the process. I finally found Baris, Aayla, and a few from the next wave in Target one day, nad bought them, only to have Kebco rip me off by only refunding half of my pre-order for those figures I'd found at retail (believe it or not, I actually got the rest of my figures at the time, as it was before they had gone completely down the toilet).

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I think by default I'm going to go with Lama Su and Clone Child as best. I like Aayla but the articulation isn't quite right. Barriss looks good in her extreme pose, but that's about it with her. I never really liked this Anakin. He doesn't stand well for me with his cape on. He is better without the cape, but still has some preposing in the legs. Boba Fett is a good figure, but his pose is kind of off as well for me. Mace and R2 are obviously at the bottom of this pile. I'll go with Mace as worst. With that big of a handle sticking out of his back, he should walk and swing his lightsaber after winding him up.

BEST - Lama Su and Clone Child
WORST - Mace Windu

Darth Jax
11-15-2006, 08:07 PM
best aayla
worst death by hanging R2

TheDarthVader
11-15-2006, 09:03 PM
best boba fett
worst r2 d2

Jaff
11-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Suprisingly Mace Windu did not compete with R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight.

Lama Su/Boba Fett waves
BEST
Lama Su and Clone Boy (Saga) 6
Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon (Saga) 4
Aayla Secura (Saga) 4
Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony (Saga) 1

WORST
R2D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) 10
Bariss Offee (Saga) 2
Mace Windu Arena Confrontation (Saga) 3

Jaff
11-17-2006, 03:43 AM
You know, you can always count on super rare items to show up sooner or later, and the first two deluxe figures were an example of this. The Deluxe Obi and Jango were nowhere, and it was not until the Ultra Jabba wave that these figs were visible to many. At first these renderitions were worth some cash. Although they might have been special when they were rare, today they match up to just another Jango and Obi-Wan.

3/03
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying

4/03
Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid
Deluxe Super Battle Droid

Vote on the best or worst out of this group.

Deluxe Jango Fett Flying
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03dlxjangoks.asp
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03dlxobiwanks.asp
Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03dlxspiderdroid.asp
Deluxe Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03dlxsbdbuilder.asp

Jaff
11-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying - Another rehashed Jango with slight retooling. He still didnít have a neutral pose.
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying - Wet hair Obi-Wan looks O.K. Heís nothing to write home about, but I like the pillars that came with both figures.
Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid - When they redid this figure for Episode III I still thought this version was just as good. The color worked better on the new one, but this was one cool deluxe. The feature works good on carpet, but terrible on smooth surfaces.
Deluxe Super Battle Droid - Maybe the battle droid was not that exciting, Iíll agree with that, but the accessories that came with this fig were really cool if you had the deluxe 3PO and recent Padme. It connected with them all, making an ultra cool assembly line.

BEST - Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid

WORST - Deluxe Jango Fett Flying, at this point I was very tired of seeing the same Jangoís pushed upon us with different packaging.

Darth Jax
11-17-2006, 07:14 AM
how do i pick a best, i thought all these figs were horrible. at this point in the saga line, deluxe seemed to indicate how much you'd pay for a piece of carp figure. it wasn't until the wampa and jabba that deluxe started to be figures that were worth the extra price.

that being said i guess i'll go with obi for best.

worst - jango looked like countless others, SBD builder was a novel idea for playdoh (but didn't really seem star wars). but the wind-up spider droid with oversized doll's head on top reminded me of something you'd see in toy story so it gets my vote for worst.

dindae
11-17-2006, 07:54 AM
best - spider droid

worst- super battle droid I was going to let this slide on the fact that it was a gimmick figure but then they are all gimmick figures so

sebillba
11-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I was more selective about deluxe figures by now (after wasting money on the first two force flippers), so passed on Jango and SBD.

Best - of the other two, I'll go for SPIDER DROID - I also love Toy Story, so don't mind the connection there.

Worst - SBD.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-17-2006, 09:05 AM
Best - Spider Droid
Worst - Jango

Kidhuman
11-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Passed on all these, no votes from me here.

pegger
11-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Best - Obi

Worst - I'm gonna say Jango.