PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Tycho
11-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying - I like this one and actually played with the action feature making Jango fly up to the post and hang on with his magnet. I don't buy Batman stuff (I assume maybe his toys do stuff like this) so Jango was a bit of fun for me. The sculpt was similar in the way all Jango figures are similar, but I liked this one.

Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying - Wet hair Obi-Wan looks good! They needed to do this figure, and I found it useful for scenes, so I bought 2. Obi-Wan also needs to be made wet, but with his hood UP and making a carded version of the hood-down, wet hair figure would also be nice. I also like the pillars that came with both figures.

Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid - This figure's legs warp under its own weight as a heavy enough plastic was not used for the legs. It also is not exactly authentic, which was pointed out in posts about it when it was first issued. The wind-up feature was logical, but never worked that well. It plays just like most wind-up toys and was over-priced as a Deluxe IMO.

Deluxe Super Battle Droid - I love sniffing the PlayDoh and try very hard not to eat it. The accessory that came with this "figure" was really cool if you had the deluxe 3PO and recent Padme. It connected with them all, making an ultra cool assembly line - though the "metal press" was too small for Padme to run through herself. Still I bought the set to use in the display suggesting she was going to run through it.

BEST - Deluxe Jango Fett Flying

WORST - Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid

Overall, this was a good Deluxe Figure Assortment in its own play-value way. Later the more diorama oriented figures like the Wampa Cave set were much, much, much better.

El Chuxter
11-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Never saw the SBD, passed on the flying figures. Can I vote just for Best and not worst?

pbarnard
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Best: Obi-Wan. Did a good job to capture the feel and the "action" feature is actually removable so one still gets a decently sculpted figure. Combining with the Jango makes a decent dio scene.

Worst: Battle Droid builder. Anything that relies on play-doh doesn't make for a good set. GI Joe Mega-Marine Armor, this, others, just doesn't work for me.

tagmac
11-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I never did buy any of these, although it was tempting when I found Obi-wan and Jango for the first time - in a collectibles shop in Switzerland! And this was when they were still HTF in the states. Needless to say, I did see all of them in the stores, so I'll join in.

Best: Deluxe Obi-Wan - didn't think the likeness was too bad, and if I hadn't also felt burned by the previous "force-flippers," I might have bought this one.

Worst: Deluxe Super Battle Droid - wasted money on the Yoda set, wasn't gonna do it again for a re-hash and some play-doh.

Bosskman
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Best - Obi-Wan
Worst - Spider Droid (it looks nothing like in the movie but only worst because I don't consider the SBD to be a figure at all)

Movie-accurate Dwarf Spider Droids would RULE.

Jaff
11-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Never saw the SBD, passed on the flying figures. Can I vote just for Best and not worst?

Sure, there's a first time for everything.

El Chuxter
11-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Then, since it's rather cool aside from the crank, I'll say the Spider Droid is the best.

Won't matter, because it can't stand up against any of the other winners from the year. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll go against the grain:
Best - Super Battle Droid. I love the accessory with this one, and though I haven't used the Play-Doh that came with it for a few years, I liked it since you could make it look like a Jedi was impaling it, or give it any amount of battle damage. An unorthodox figure, but a fun one.
Worst - Spider Droid. Not too bad of a figure, but I just liked the other ones better.

Jaff
11-18-2006, 09:38 PM
The trend of having ties for the last poll is continuing, and on this poll it was a double tie for both worst and best. Rather than sift through it someone will either vote who hasn't, or they will doubly appear in the year end.

Final Saga Deluxe figures
BEST
Deluxe Spider Droid 5
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying 5
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying 1
Deluxe Super Battle Droid 1

WORST
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying 4
Deluxe Super Battle Droid 4
Deluxe Spider Droid 3

Jaff
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Finally some Star Wars figs were showing up on the shelf, and Han and Chewie were the most common to find. Despite finding some figs the drought continued. It was not until the Luke/Darth Throne Room Duel wave that figures started surfacing. That meant that Yoda and the Younglings were hard to find unfortunately.

4/03 - Saga #13/03 Han Solo Hoth Gear (blue coat version)
Saga #14/03 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt

5/03 - Saga #15/03 Yoda and Chian
Saga #16/03 Ashla and Jempa

So which is your best and worst figures out of these waves?

Han Solo Hoth Gear (blue coat version)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0313hansolohr.asp
Chewbacca Mynock Hunt
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0314chewbaccamh.asp
Yoda and Chian
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0315yodachian.asp
Ashla and Jempa
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0316ashlajempa.asp

Jaff
11-18-2006, 09:42 PM
Han Solo Hoth Gear (blue coat version) - I like this Han very much. It fits on a tauntaun with ease, it even has his face mask, and scanner making him top notch. His legs may be a little spread, but that can be overlooked.
Chewbacca Mynock Hunt - After Cloud City Chewbacca, and Mechanic Chewbacca you would think that Hasbro nailed Chewie perfectly. Not with this figure. It was top heavy (which meant it couldnít stand). It was preposed (just like so many other figs the past year), and it was just plain short of any expectation. This fig was a real downer for me.
Yoda and Chian - I prefer this set over the other younglings because Yoda really looks good displayed in his hovering chair. Chian is neat too.
Ashla and Jempa - These little dudes sure are cute. Nice detail. The only problem I have with these is that their hats fall off very easy. Oh well nothing can be perfect, well almost nothing.

BEST - Yoda and Chian, I would have picked Han if it had not been for his stretched apart legs.

WORST - Easy, Chewbacca Mynock Hunt

pegger
11-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Best - Yoda and Chian...Great set...and more younglings would be nice!

Worst - I'm going to say Han. Why? - No elbow articulation, no knee articluation, his stance is too wide, the pre-posed sculpting of his jacket is jsut plain stupid IMO and he's got a big peg sticking out of his back! I know many like this figure, but for me it is just lacking in too many areas to be considered a "best" figure. I really want a resculpt of this one too - in just a nice neutral pose.

Tycho
11-18-2006, 10:17 PM
There's not a lot to comment on here, but I like most of the figures:

Han Solo Hoth Gear (blue coat version) - perfect - I wasn't going to ever need another Han Hoth, but this figure convinced me I should get him. I'm not disappointed either. Nice job, Hasbro!

Mynock Hunt Chewie the only figure I didn't need. I don't think I liked his giant blaster bolt nor his gas mask fit either.

Yoda and Chian - perfect and useful

Ashla and Jempa - cute. Nice detail and removeable helmets.

BEST - Han Hoth

WORST - Chewbacca Mynock Hunt

Darth Jax
11-18-2006, 11:33 PM
best - the younglings pack (ashla and jempa)

worst - han

Kidhuman
11-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Best - Yoda andChian

Worst - Chewie

Mad Slanted Powers
11-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Worst - I'm going to say Han. Why? - No elbow articulationHe has some elbow articulation and wrist articulation. I'll agree that it isn't the best though.

This is a tought wave to vote on. I don't really care much for Yoda figures. He's just too small for them to make a decent figure that works to my liking. With the exception of VOTC and early bird Chewie, I've not been a big fan of Chewbacca figures either. I'm not a big fan of this Han figure either with the pose. I've not tried putting him on a Tauntaun, so maybe that would make the pose more tolerable. The padawans are nice figures to have, but nothing special there either.

I guess I'll reluctantly go with Han as best. The holster for his gun and all the other accessories help make this figure better. Plus, it is more articulated than Yoda and the Padawans.

I'll reluctantly go with Ashla and Jempa as worst for the hats not staying on very well.

BEST - Han
WORST - Ashla & Jempa

sebillba
11-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Best - YODA & CHIAN.... two really nice figures (including my favourite SW character) AND a hover chair!! Easily the best for me.

Worst - CHEWIE.... I hate to vote against Chewie, but he's up against some strong competition here. I've picked him because you can't take his mask off. If they could make this figure with removeable mask in 1998, why not 5 years later??

Bosskman
11-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Best - Yoda and Chian
Worst - Chewie - I don't dislike this figure, I wasn't really even that disapointed with it, I just think it COULD have been better.

El Chuxter
11-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Best: Ashla and Jempa.

Worst: Chewie. This was a hard one, as these were four very solid figures. The mask and useless firing bowcaster kinda screwed him.

TheDarthVader
11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I agree...
Best is Ashla and Jempa.
Worst is Chewie Mynock Hunt.

pbarnard
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Lot of ragging on chewie, while I agree, has his detractions and not his best sculpt, but the pack in of the mynock was a plus. The younglings were definitely the class of the wave (but weird how we got a juvenile whipid before the adult, and even than, not necesarily the right adult). Han had the annoying action feature too, but not as big as a detraction here.

Best: Ashla and Jempa

Worst: Chewie. The bowcaster really sunk it for me. I have nothing against pre-posed scene limited figures as long as they are exactly done as on screen.

Tycho
11-19-2006, 03:45 PM
What do you mean by "we got the wrong adult Whipid?" Do you mean we should have gotten the Jedi K'Kruhk instead of J'Quille? The latter was in ROTJ though and while, yeah, a featured comic book character, K'Kruhk might not take priority over a movie figure. Now that they made Foul Modoma out of Muftak, I could see them using some parts of J'Quille to make K'Kruhk - but I'd prefer they start from scratch.

K'Kruhk's got longer fur he wears differently, as well as Jedi robes that would have to be specifically molded to look like they were covering a Whipid body, and his paw needs to be reformed in order to tightly grip his lightsaber.

I think K'Kruhk would make a cool figure - but Hasbro should make an effort with him or not go there at all. A J'Quille figure with a lightsaber would not cut it at all!

pegger
11-19-2006, 05:35 PM
What do you mean by "we got the wrong adult Whipid?" Do you mean we should have gotten the Jedi K'Kruhk instead of J'Quille? The latter was in ROTJ though and while, yeah, a featured comic book character, K'Kruhk might not take priority over a movie figure. Now that they made Foul Modoma out of Muftak, I could see them using some parts of J'Quille to make K'Kruhk - but I'd prefer they start from scratch.

K'Kruhk's got longer fur he wears differently, as well as Jedi robes that would have to be specifically molded to look like they were covering a Whipid body, and his paw needs to be reformed in order to tightly grip his lightsaber.

I think K'Kruhk would make a cool figure - but Hasbro should make an effort with him or not go there at all. A J'Quille figure with a lightsaber would not cut it at all!

ummm. what?

pbarnard
11-19-2006, 09:24 PM

ummm. what?

The body isn't a whipids, at least not from what I've seen in books about alien species in Star Wars. The body is that of an Elom (which Hasbro just had a tail and no tail version for the figure. Whipids are at least 2.5m tall (that's a good head over a wookie), 2-3X as bulky in the males. The J'Quille fig is a bit undersized/bulk to my liking.

http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/uaa/49151_CN.jpg
Note that Whipid is squatting in that picture.

Tycho
11-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for clarifying that. I see what you mean. I remember thinking that back in the day and then resigning myself to just being thankful we got a Whipid period. Great picture though. I appreciate your research and your point.

tagmac
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Best: Yoda and Chian. Best-looking figures of the wave. Definitely one of the better Yodas we've ever gotten. I just couldn't vote for Han here, as the legs bother me, even though the overall sculpt was great.

Worst: Chewie w/ Mynock. I really hate to pick this one, but the bowcaster and the arms really get me (although this is not a horrible figure by any means).

El Chuxter
11-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Releasing J'Quille and the Elom with the same body and weapon was bad enough, but in the same wave was pretty unforgiveable.

Tycho
11-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Releasing J'Quille and the Elom with the same body and weapon was bad enough, but in the same wave was pretty unforgiveable.

I liked it and hunted hard for these. It was actually one of the times my team really saved me on some figures.

I wanted about 8 and 11 of these (Elom and Whipid respectively) to fill in aliens in various dioramas I plan) and my stores were turning up nothing. A current collector-rival (sometimes) who trades out of the loop with one of my inner-circle partners found nearly all of mine at a Target I formerly, very rarely shopped at, and I bought almost all of them out of a big box they had ready for me - and all at once.

But I was excited to get a chance at these because at the time, Jabba's palace was really under-represented in comparison to the Cantina for example.

Jaff
11-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Finally a run without ties. I thank Chewie for taking the bow, and Yoda and Chian for being a two pack contender that will see the end of the year.

BEST
Yoda and Chian 6
Han Solo Hoth (Saga) 2
Ashla and Jempa (Saga) 4

WORST
Chewbacca Mynock Hunt (Saga) 9
Han Solo Hoth (Saga) 2
Ashla and Jempa (Saga) 1

Jaff
11-20-2006, 02:46 AM
While everyone was trying to gnab the very expensive Georg Sacul figure on the second hand market many were eagerly continuing their search for figs on the shelf. At first I passed on the Luke Skywalker and Darth Throne room duel. I hated the statue poses of these figures. Later I bought the Luke out of a whim and ended up liking it very much!

5/03 - Commander Georg Sacul (Toy Show Exclusive)

6/03 - Saga Stripe #17/03 Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel
Saga Stripe #18/03 Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
Saga Stripe #19/03 Snowtrooper

Who will win the best, and who will be deemed the worst?

Commander Georg Sacul
http://www.rebelscum.com/sagac2sacul.asp
Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0317luketrd.asp
Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0318vadertrd.asp
Snowtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0319snowtrooper.asp

Jaff
11-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Commander Georg Sacul - I like this fig, but I never bought one. The fig would just stand out too much for me to enjoy in any diorama. And yes, if I bought this fig I would open it. So itís price, and itís Lucas resemblance would = pass.
Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel - This Luke really looks great over the VOTC Darth. I wish they would make a neutral version of this figure, but for not it is a glorious figure for dioramas.
Darth Vader Throne Room Duel - For me this is just another Darth. Removable helmet, yeah, thatís nice. Right scale, yeah, ainít that great. Want this Darth, no, not really.
Snowtrooper - I bought this without hesitation for army building purposes and then thought: ďThis figure stinks. What is he, going through dance moves?Ē Today I leave this fig in the background. In all actuality the Saga 2 version should have been this version, but the desire for super posed figs took hold of the better angels of sculpting.

BEST - Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel

WORST - Snowtrooper, Iíd rather have another Darth over this crappy disco-posed trooper. I have a feeling I will be the oddball voter of this wave.

Tycho
11-20-2006, 04:12 AM
I bought none of these figures, but I still think I'll take my opportunity to beat on them and let everyone know why!

Commander Georg Sacul - While idiots at C2 wasted their time they could be enjoying everything else that Star Wars fandom has to offer by standing in line all day for this figure that doesn't even appear in the movie or EU, I didn't want to come anywhere near one. It's not even the "only George Lucas figure," now (Stormtrooper, Baron Papanoida, etc. all ring a bell?) Besides that, Lucas is not part of the Star Wars universe really and you don't see me trying to add a James Cameron figure to my Terminator collection, do you? Pilots with removeable helmets are good, but we still don't even have Hobbie or Janson. We didn't need Georg Sacul. And sometimes the Star Wars warping of names sounds retarded, too. Overall, it is so not worth the money it commands (even if it has dropped in price). But I'm just not a collector anyway.

Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel - Neanderthall Luke, the King of the Cavemen! Oh I hate this figure! I don't know what Jaff sees in it. I think this is quite possibly the worst Luke ever made (or one of them). The concept was good, it's execution very poor. This figure did not rest right with me.

Darth Vader Throne Room Duel - This figure did not outdo the 1998 Vader RH figure at all, and it's pre-posing didn't help. After ROTS, any Anakin face with bushy, dark eyebrows doesn't look right either, as they were completely burned off as was all his hair. In actuality, all the sculpts and paint jobs I'd seen were far worse than the 1998. Hasbro took a step backward with this figure and this whole wave for that matter.

Snowtrooper - I already had all the snowtroopers I needed, fortunately. This figure is not an improvement either. It is the least offensive of the whole bunch in my opinion though. Like I said, I bought none of these and couldn't wait for them to go away from the pegs, but the Snowtrooper really didn't bother me.

BEST - Snowtrooper

WORST - Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel

Ugggh. I loathed this whole wave!

Jaff
11-20-2006, 05:05 AM
Tycho, as a fiendish freind, could I convince you to consider anger management classes. The word idiot enters your post many times! :twisted:

Tycho
11-20-2006, 05:32 AM
I only counted one use of the term "idiot," in my last post. However, I need my anger - it fuels my Dark Side. I've long thought of changing my affiliation from bounty hunter to Sith actually. Maybe that would work for me, add constructive channeling for my hatred.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.
- from the Sith code

However, I'd apply that code to myself as follows:

My passion is nurtured by my anger.
My strength is found in my hate.
The focus of my hate will suffer.
I rise above the suffering by stepping on those who must suffer.
The farther I rise, the more I accumulate power!

Bosskman
11-20-2006, 05:52 AM
Best - Snowtrooper - only because the rest are garbage, especially....

Worst - JORG SACUL - yeah, I know I've use the "worst figure ever" line a few times now, but I forgot about this monstrocity. First of all, not in any movies or even EU, #2, a product of that swolen headed swolen head blubberlucas' inflated ego, and c, NOT EVEN ACCURATE! Yeah, you heard me right, the guy had twelve chins at the time this figure came out! If they hadda used the Porkins body, I might have even said it was the best of the wave.

sebillba
11-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Best - I fear I'll be on my own here, but I'm going for JORG SACUL.... I never intended to get one, for reasons already mentioned, but got one recently, loose and not expensive, and was surprised how much I liked it. I think it's a fun idea, and nice to display with stormtrooper George, Baron P, and the rest of the Lucas family.

Worst - Vader is ok, but nothing new, the Snowtrooper is ok, but Saga 2 improved it, so I'll go with LUKE - I don't hate it, but it is pre-posed and has limited use.

Kidhuman
11-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.[/I]
- from the Sith code

sounds like someone is reading now instead of watching movies. :) :beard:

Best - Luke

Worst - Sacul, for the sheer fact of the prices it drew on Ebay at one point, it forced me never to get one.

Darth Jax
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
best - disco dancing, too short to be a stormtrooper so he became a snowtrooper

worst - lucas pilot

pegger
11-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Sebillba - I'll join you as an outcast - and vote Jorg as best. For me it's a nice clean figure, and it can stand it as old rebel pilot guy in a pinch (not that I've opened mine)...beside, they go for about $20 now on ebay - which isn't TOO expensive for an exclusive figure....

Worst - Gotta be Luke. NONE of you remember the wrong hand being gloved debacle? or the fact that his chest is too big??? Garbage. This is one of my most loathed figures...I honestly don't think there is ONE redeeming charateristic in this figure....

tagmac
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
Best: Snowtrooper. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. He looks a lot better than the extreme pose of the POTF deluxe version (he could actually be posed w/o the cannon and look alright), and the holster for his rifle is a nice touch.

Worst: Luke. The look on his face is completely ridiculous! And yes, I haven't forgotten the whole "wrong hand gloved" incident either.

El Chuxter
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Best: While I like Jorg Sacul, the Snowtrooper is my fave.

Worst: Tough choice between Luke and Vader. No one's pointed out how incredibly stupid the "saber-throwing action" is. Add to that some major preposing issues and a helmet that doesn't fit properly, and the figure sucks pretty badly. I'll have to go for Vader but by a very slim margin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Last time:
Best - Yoda and Chian (Padawan Lightsaber Training)
Worst - Han Solo (Hoth Rescue) - the damn button is too stupid, and the mask is all wrong.

This time:
Best - Snowtrooper (Battle of Hoth)
Worst - Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) - even bad for dioramas.

As a side note, I really love the cards from this time period.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
BEST - Snowtrooper
WORST - Luke

Luke is pretty much good for the one pose. Vader has problems but is a bit more versatile. Sacul is pretty much just a new head on a X-Wing pilot. Snowtrooper is nothing special, but it is nice addition for army building.

Tycho
11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Geeze these assortments made you long for the POTJ days!

If I were to rank the years from best to worst, thus far (1995-2003), I'd go:

I think I could name the figures that support my decision too - I mean the best ones of each year. I may do that later when I figure how '04, '05, and '06 will fit in. 2005's ROTS collection was very well received, btw. That was a fun time to collect (most of it).

Mad Slanted Powers
11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I think I'd put 2002 down further on the list. There were some good figures there, but after the improvements we saw with POTJ, all of the extreme poses and action features kind of made for some disappointing figures. It's not until about this point in the poll where things start improve.

TheDarthVader
11-20-2006, 11:40 PM
Best for me is SNOWTROOPER
Worst for me is LUKE SKYWALKER

Guys, you are not going to believe me, but my "saber-throwing" vader's gimmick works extremely well! I have been able to throw the saber many times, and it can move baby! I am not lying.

Tycho
11-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I think I'd put 2002 down further on the list. There were some good figures there, but after the improvements we saw with POTJ, all of the extreme poses and action features kind of made for some disappointing figures. It's not until about this point in the poll where things start improve.

I started a new thread in the 30th Anniversary section

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33453

where I listed all the figures I liked each year and reformulated my list of favorite years that way, all the way through 2006.

Here's what I came up with:

2003 / 2004

My thread lists the reasons (figures) as to why. I think that POTJ's main year, 2001, had the quality, just not the quantity of figures, to be competative. All 3 prequel movie years kicked butt of course. 1998 actually beat 1997 in spite of the resurgent interest with the SE's. And low and behold, this year, 2006, actually scores well when I think about it. Shocking!

Jaff
11-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Well Luke wins it for sure!....Oh wait, only one person agreed with me. Can't I say he wins by default? Alright fine the winner is Disco snowtrooper. Wait a minute Luke won the WORST!!!! I sure feel disagreed with here!

BEST
Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Saga) 2
Snowtrooper (Saga) 8
Georg Sacul 2

WORST
Snowtrooper (Saga) 1
Darth Vader Throne Room (Saga) 1
Georg Sacul (Saga) 3
Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Saga) 7

Jaff
11-22-2006, 09:14 AM
The Toys R Us exclusive 4-packs had some new surprises in them, as well as the constant repacks that haunted stores. Unlike the Bounty hunter 4 pack and the later Jedi 4-pack many of the figures were repaints of older figs rather than straight repacks. The Imperial forces 4-pack was the real gem, including 2 brand new figures, the only 4 pack of these kind that can attest to that.

5/03
Stormtrooper (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
AT-ST Driver (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
R4-19 (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
9/03
Hoth Leia (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
Chewbacca (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
R2-A2 (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
Luke Skywalker (The Battle of Hoth 4-Pack)

Which is the best and worst?

Stormtrooper (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
AT-ST Driver (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
R4-19 (Imperial Forces Four Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03imperialforces.asp
Hoth Leia (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
Chewbacca (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
R2-A2 (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack)
Luke Skywalker (The Battle of Hoth 4-Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03trubattlehoth.asp

Jaff
11-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Stormtrooper (Imperial Forces Four Pack) - This stormtrooper is very hard to consider a new figure but it is differant than the earlier Commtech version. It is, in actuality a sandtrooper figure, thus this figs head has a neck, and there is a slit in this troopers back. The paint ap is also less detailed. It was a good army builder so I have no complaint about it.
AT-ST Driver (Imperial Forces Four Pack) - Although I have 10 Han in AT-ST outfit as my army builder of this fig I always thought that this figure was the best AT-ST Driver made to date. The fig stood at attention (for the emperor arival dio), and had nice detail.
R4-19 (Imperial Forces Four Pack) - An imperial astro....Whatís to complain about.
Hoth Leia (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack) - I donít know who this figure is supposed to represent, but it doesnít look like Leia. The skin color is waaayyy off, and for that she looks horrible. I would have prefered a straight repack to this one.
Chewbacca (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack) - Cloud city Chewie with white specks of snow detail. Well, itís better than the Flashback version, so itís mighty welcome IMO.
R2-A2 (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack) - This was the second R2 with a clear dome, and I loved it. Everything was right about this droid. I could see it being released today without any differences.
Luke Skywalker (The Battle of Hoth 4 Pack) - There is such minute differences with this figure that I donít distinguish it from the first one. Hence I feel he is not a worthy candidate in this running. Still he has differences.

BEST - This is tough as I loved both the droids and the AT-ST Driver. I gotta go with R2-A2. I love the little droid even though AT-ST is pulling at my voting impulses.

WORST - Princess Leia Hoth

tagmac
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Best: R3-A2. this was a really cool-looking droid, and the clear dome was the selling point for me. This and the open-belly tauntaun are the resons I bought this set.

Worst: While she didn't really bother me that much, I'm gonna go with Hoth Leia here. The other figures were just too strong by comparison.

pegger
11-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Best ummm - R3-A2....there is no R2....

Worst - Luke. (I was going to pick R3 just to mess with you - but he is an awesome figure)

pbarnard
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Best: R3-A2. Anytime we get a new droid model its worth is far greater than any other figure made till they release the next new droid.

Worst: Vader. It could be my Vader burnout now that I got 6+ in the last 2 months because of the availabilty of the VOTC/500th mold recently. If this is an Imperial forces fact, we got a Stormtrooper, Imperial Army, but no Navy. The Leia figure is getting a bum wrap. Works for the falcon scenes were she's not wearing gloves.

El Chuxter
11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Best: R3-A2. He rawks. Mabudonicus should make a video of him dancing.

Worst: Leia. Nothing special, and the paint is kinda off. She slightly beats out Luke this time around.

Tycho
11-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Best R3-A2 - though I bought this set and split it with a friend who took R3, Leia, and Chewie off my hands. The new Saga1 Han Hoth was so cool IMO that I wanted to recreate the TaunTaun belly-slice scene and my friend agreed to split the cost of this set so he'd get the droid and I'd get the TaunTaun. I used the Luke figure as TaunTaun filling. But getting to display that Saga1 Han Hoth with a lightsaber was well worth it.

WORST:Luke Hoth probably. He adds nothing new really - maybe battle damage scars? I noticed that the Leia Hoth figure might be more articulated than her POTF2 1998 predacessor with that sculpt. Her coloring might be off, but the articulation is an interesting update to her. I didn't keep her figure, but I'll give her points for that.

The Imperial set would have been perfect had I needed those figures - but I didn't. Liked both the AT-ST Driver and the black R4 unit though. But didn't buy it - most notably because I didn't need another Vader nor any more stormtroopers.

pbarnard
11-22-2006, 12:44 PM
I noticed that the Leia Hoth figure might be more articulated than her POTF2 1998 predacessor with that sculpt. Her coloring might be off, but the articulation is an interesting update to her. I didn't keep her figure, but I'll give her points for that.

The Imperial set would have been perfect had I needed those figures - but I didn't. Liked both the AT-ST Driver and the black R4 unit though. But didn't buy it - most notably because I didn't need another Vader nor any more stormtroopers.

Well if you look closely, the pose/articulation is that of the POTJ body with a POTF2 head on the Leia. And dead on with the Imperial Forces pack with my sentiment (although one can always use another stormtrooper, just can't get them enough Marauder Inc british sterlins though).

sebillba
11-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Best - R3-A2.... I might've picked AT-ST Diver, but I was disappointed you couldn't remove his helmet. Would've been much better if they'd just re-used the Han figure, with the separate helmet and a new head sculpt.

Worst - Toss up between Luke and Leia... Leia is the worse figure, with her weird colouring, but at least I felt I was getting something vaguely new. I already had umpteen Hoth Lukes, and this adds nothing different to the previous Tauntaun pack-in, so I'll go ith LUKE as worst.

Bosskman
11-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Best - R4
Worst - Leia

Kidhuman
11-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Dont have any so I pass on this round

Mad Slanted Powers
11-22-2006, 08:11 PM
These are both very good sets even though every figure is a repaint or kit-bashed figure. The droids are both great as they are both the second of their kind to be made if I'm not mistaken. They both have retractable middle legs, which I like.

Leia is a nice combo of POTF2 and POTJ figures, but they made her too dark for some reason.

The AT-ST driver is a nice re-use of the Imperial Trooper mold. Non-removeable helmet is my only complaint. They couldn't have re-used the Han version as that didn't come until 2004.

Chewie is a repaint of a decent Saga sculpt, but certainly not the best of this bunch.

Luke is a basically the POTF2 version that came with the Tauntaun. Not much of an improvment it seems.

Vader is the Emperor's Wrath sculpt. Not my favorite Vader.

Stormtroopers are always good to have, and this was a decent kit-bashed figure. However, he's a bit knock-kneed or something.

Hard to pick a best. The droids are both good, as was the AT-ST driver. I'm tempted to go with the latter, but I was most excited about R3-A2 when I got these sets.

BEST - R3-A2
WORST - Darth Vader

Darth Jax
11-22-2006, 08:58 PM
best - chewie
worst - leia

sebillba
11-23-2006, 11:00 AM
The AT-ST driver is a nice re-use of the Imperial Trooper mold. Non-removeable helmet is my only complaint. They couldn't have re-used the Han version as that didn't come until 2004.

Oh right, I didn't realise that..... I didn't take much notice of this set when it first came out, and only bought it a couple of months ago - I just assumed it was a rehash of the Han figure.

Jaff
11-24-2006, 08:02 AM
R3 was almost unanomous, which is quite an accomplishment. I wonder how he will do in the year end poll.

BEST
R3-A2 (Battle of Hoth 4-pack) 9
Chewbacca Hoth (Battle of Hoth 4-pack) 1

WORST
Princess Leia Hoth (Battle of Hoth 4-pack) 5
Luke Hoth (Battle of Hoth 4-pack) 3
Darth Vader (Imperial Forces 4-pack) 2

Jaff
11-24-2006, 08:09 AM
With the release of the Clone Wars cartoon a plethera of SW figures was about to come. The first thing released of these were the army builder sets. Although not in likeness of the cartoon, these figs added some EU elements to the Jedi knights, and some grateful color changes to some Clone Troopers.

This group of figures has some special rules to the voting process. For those of you who have purchased or seen any of the clone trooper three packs you know that there are several different figures in each pack. Many believe (myself being one of them) that these figs are nothing more than statues that should not be considered figures. Still, they are to scale and look like their counterparts and to be fair I donít want to exclude figures from the poll at all. Since all these figs came in different poses you have the right to vote for any clone pictured below. You can choose, if you like, a laying clone that is simply white, a kneeling clone, etc. I didnít list them all because it would be a bit redundant and drawn out. I thought it would be easier to just post the pics and let it be at that, giving you the right to determine who you pick. If it was up to me my list of possible picks are the following:

6/03
Blue Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack )
Green Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
Red Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
Yellow Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
Rodian Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)
Human Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)
Twiílik Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)

Whoís your best and worst out of these packs?

Blue Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack )
Green Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
Red Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
Yellow Clone Trooper (Clone Trooper three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWarmyclones.asp
Rodian Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)
Human Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)
Twiílik Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWarmyjedi.asp

Jaff
11-24-2006, 08:11 AM
All color clone troopers (Clone Trooper three packs) - The figs had different colors, and different poses. They are great for dios, but useless as figs for my needs. I will neither vote best nor worst because they are all the same figures, with different paint aps. Donít get me wrong, I love the Red, blue, yellow, and green touches, but these figs were not defined enough to be seperated from one another unlike the Jedi 3 pack.
Rodian Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack) - First off I got to say I didnít get them because they were all just statues. With that said the Rodian has some nice detail.
Human Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack) - A nice touch to have a generic human.
Twiílik Jedi Knight (Clone Wars: Jedi Knight 3 pack) - Something about this jedi just didnít impress me. He looked off somehow, and I canít pinpoint why.

BEST - Rodian Jedi Knight

WORST - Twiílik Jedi Knight

sebillba
11-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Best - RODIAN JEDI.... I love rodians, and have a couple of custom jedi, but to get an official one was awesome. Just a shame about the extreme stance, but I can forgive that.

Worst - any of the plain white clones.

pegger
11-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Althought I hate preposed - nonarticluated figures...

I did like the Rodian Jedi....In fact I liked all the Jedi figs. But Rodian was the best.

Worst - i'm going to say the Green one because I had to wait until the EE pack came out for a green clone trooper that didn't have a stupid pose - so I was FORCED to look at him until they finally made a nice green trooper.

Kidhuman
11-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I never once saw any of these 3 packs. So to me, the distribution is the worst. Pass once again on these.

TheDarthVader
11-24-2006, 12:56 PM
BEST - Rodian Jedi Knight

WORST - Twiílik Jedi Knight

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Best - Rodian Jedi Knight
Worst - Blue clone trooper, he's too skinny and tall for a clone.

Tycho
11-24-2006, 01:34 PM
BEST: Rodian Jedi Knight - the sculpt was cool and different. I made use of the Twi'lek as Master Bondara (Darth Maul: Shadow Stalker) though. And I don't recall if I found a use for the Rodian yet (my arena diorama was full, to I think he is going to be added to an Order 66 Jedi Temple scene).

WORST: Lying down Red Clone - a captain would be most likely on his feet in command. The Yellow Clone (commander) was not made lying down, but the red one was. I didn't buy Red Clone troop builder packs as I had no use for this figure and the single-carded Captain was plentiful enough. Anyway, it was bad enough that I had a few many Lietenients lying down in cover-fire position, but not too unrealistic. But I think logical usefulness can single-out the Captain battle pack here.

Darth Jax
11-24-2006, 02:27 PM
how do you pick a best/worst among the army men style clones. the only differences with them is that some have rank added to them, mostly they're just grunts.

i guess i'll have to mimic everyone else and say best was rodian jedi and worst was twi'lek jedi

Bosskman
11-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Best - Rodian

Worst - Prone Clone

btw Tycho, I AM a Captain and I fire my rifle from the prone position just like everybody else.

Tycho
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I stand corrected.

But with the carded Captain, I can make my Clone officers do whatever I need them to be doing, as the Captains were close to super-articulated (though not quite as much as the CW ones or ROTS #41)

I'll be buying a lot of the carded Sergeants (final 22, Geonosis Clone) in the next few months or so (about 8 of them) for this reason.

I only hope that they'll release the SA Lieutenient (blue, AOTC) at one point.

With ROTS, it's harder to tell ranks, isn't it? They started wearing "campaign colors" (i.e. Utopau, Kashyyyk, Coruscant / Emperor's Private Command, Vader's 501st Legion, etc.) The Commanders wore next to ARC Trooper gear and the AirBorne had their particular uniforms. I'm not sure what Commander Neyo's specific gear did, but Bacara's was seemingly designed for snow - though some say it is raining ash on Mygeeto (but they look like proto-Snowtroopers).

Logically, the ROTS clones had other officers: captains, Lietuenients, and Sergeants - but it became harder to tell.

When they wore all-white uniforms, it must have been the hardest! Then when you switch in enlistees, conscripts, maybe even slaves amongst the later Stormtrooper ranks (which would still have Clones as I've learned), how do you stop someone from just assuming command because of personal motivation? In a Rebel attack, a defector or spy especially, could shoot their officer and claim it was in the heat of battle, then assume control of a squad, platoon, whatever. In the US military, Sergeants wear chevrons on their sleaves and Generals have stars on their labels, but I can't see a darn distinction amongst common Stormtroopers.

dindae
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Wow I've gotten behind.
BEST - Ashla and Jempa
WORST - Chewbacca Mynock Hunt

BEST - Snowtrooper (not a good figure really but the best listed)
WORST - Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Saga) 7

BEST - R3-A2
WORST - AT-ST driver really thought this was a half *** mold. The Leia I don't mind as much because I already had the figure and this was just a kitbash to try and improve it.

Best - Rodian jedi
Worst - Blue clone

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2006, 07:39 PM
BEST - Twilek Jedi. He seems the most neutral. I've not opened this set yet though.

WORST - Lying down clone. Seems as if I can't raise his head to look at what he is shooting. He just wants to look at the ground. If I need to pick a specific lying down clone, I'll go with the red one for the reason Tycho mentioned.

tagmac
11-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Best: Rodian Jedi. A very cool-looking figure, and, while not movie-accurate, a nice addition for army building.

Worst: Half-Kneeling Clone. The pose was just ridiculous (at least the lying down clone made sense in battle), and wasting the color variant on this one was even worse. I bought the blue and green versions simply for the color variant, but was very disappointed in these.

El Chuxter
11-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Best: Jimbo the Rodian Jedi

Worst: Stinky the Lying Clone. More useless than the stupid figure in a set of generic Army Men.

Jaff
11-26-2006, 01:22 AM
Well I am glad to be done with this group because the logistics of voting was a little different than others. Since I like a calm routine lets get back on track and vote for some real figures!

Clone Wars Army builders
BEST
Rodian Jedi Knight (Clone Wars) 11
Twiílek Jedi Knight (Clone Wars) 1

WORST
Twiílek Jedi Knight (Clone Wars) 3
Blue Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) 2
Red Clone ďlyingĒ (Clone Wars) 2
Green Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) 1
Any white clone troopers (Clone Wars) 1
Prone clone ďwhiteĒ (Clone Wars) 2
Clone Trooper half kneeling (Clone Wars) 1

Jaff
11-26-2006, 01:34 AM
The Wat Tambor wave was one hard thing for me to find in 2003. TheDarthVader had to ship some of these figs to me all the way from Texas just to get my hands on them. If I remember correctly we were doing our first poll during these figures releases. The WA-7 fig was much more common though. Figures were now appearing on shelves, and this wave, along with the Hall of fame figs were starting to fill up empty pegs.

7/03 - Saga Stripe #22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony
Saga Stripe #23/03 Wat Tambor
Saga Stripe #24/03 Coleman Trebor
9/03 - Saga Stripe #28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid
Saga Stripe #29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni
Saga Stripe #30/03 Emperor Palpatine

So which is your best and worst?

#22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0322padmesc.asp
#23/03 Wat Tambor
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0323wattambor.asp
#24/03 Coleman Trebor
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0324colemantrebor.asp
#28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0328wa-7.asp
#29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0329ltfaytonni.asp
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0330emperor.asp

Jaff
11-26-2006, 01:46 AM
#22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony - Pornographic Padme was the talk of the SW sites back then. This attested to the level of detail that she and her other figures received. :shocked: This figure was not terrible, but she had a hard time standing. She's not the worst of this group, but had it not been for another figure I might have considered her.
#23/03 Wat Tambor - Wat has to be one of my favorite figures made to date. I just love this character, and even though he seems like a statue he really stands out with me.
#24/03 Coleman Trebor - Trebor is cool, but I wish I could have had this one more neutral. Because of his pose there is little you can do with this fig.
#28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid - I like this fig, but because it is a total wreck (construction wise) she will easily win the worst. You have to fiddle with her forever just to get her to stand, and the truth of the matter was that they just needed to have her wheel attatched to the figure, that way it wouldn't always fall out. She was real annoying, but once you get her standing and displayed she looks nice.
#29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni - This is one fig I never thought would be made, and to have an Ack Med is equally as cool. The characters are very obscure making these figs a treat. Nice articulation with Dannl, and his table accessory was a nice touch.
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine - This prunny, robe wrinkled, bulky hood Emperor made no impact on me. His hood is just terrible, and they payed all this attention to his face detail, but seemed to ignore the rest of him. I don't hate this fig, I just don't love it that much.

BEST - Wat Tambor

WORST - WA-7

Mad Slanted Powers
11-26-2006, 01:58 AM
I just opened most of these a few days ago. I already had Wat Tambor open to go with the Geonosian War Room packs. A decent figure, but kind of limited in articulation.

Padme looks all right, but she seems to lean forward. The dress keeps her from falling over though. With the high heel shoes, the peg hole is almost useless.

Dannl Faytonni is a decent figure with some good articulation. He seems a bit lopsided though. He's kind of hunched to one side and one leg sort of seems shorter.

I had a little trouble getting WA-7 to stand at first, but then I looked at some pictures online and saw how it was hooked on, and now it is just fine.

Coleman Trebor is another one I already had open and in my Geonosian Arena playset. He is sort of extreme in his pose, but he has some articulation. It still is kind of limited, but he looks great.

The Emperor just looks horrible to me, and they used a similar looking figure for the ROTS version as well. I haven't even opened this one as it is inferior to the POTF2 version in my opinion.

BEST - Coleman Trebor
WORST - Emperor

Tycho
11-26-2006, 02:01 AM
I think this is a pretty decent wave of figures, except for the 1.

#22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony - She's a good figure for a 1-scene wonder. I liked the balcony. Her hair detail can be poorly painted on some figures of her. You have to watch that. And I had to laugh because remember when everyone said her boquet of flowers looked like brocolli?

#23/03 Wat Tambor - Wat Tambor was good. It's really hard not to pick him as my favorite. He's one of the best Separatist figures they make.

#24/03 Coleman Trebor - Trebor wins my vote. Very cool look to his design (in the film and the figure) and I wished we'd have gotten to see more of him in AOTC or that he'd at least have won a single fight, but Jango Fett had other plans.

#28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid - I have this figure saved, unopened, for whenever I have an opportunity to set up Dexter's Diner as a diorama. I really don't have an Obi-Wan figure to use. They need to make an Obi-Wan figure with the E1 Naboo sculpt and a better AOTC head. That would do it. I'm not customizing one because there isn't an E2 head that's worthwhile. I think it's better to wait. But without WA-7 open, it's hard to say I would not like this. Carded, she's unique and fun looking. So I give her more points than she got with Jaff. But I take his word for it that she's hard to get standing, work with, etc.

#29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni - OK, I bought a couple of Dannl to put in the Outlander and also at the ROTS Opera House. He's unremarkable, but I'm glad I have him. On a personal note, Anthony Daniels is cool. I met him at Celebration 1. So this is a fitting tribute.

#30/03 Emperor Palpatine - This is a contender for worst figure ever, but he won't compete with Lightsaber Launching Flashback R2-D2 etc. But the hood was too big, the figure very scrawny, and I can't believe they just re-released him as part of the Endor Wave?! Ugggh. Maybe Lushros Dofine is boring, but at least he's sculpted better than Palpatine.

BEST - Coleman Trebor - with hesitation as I'm looking towards Wat Tambor.

WORST - Emperor Palpatine

sebillba
11-26-2006, 04:05 AM
Best - COLEMAN TREBOR just pips Wat Tambor

Worst - another close one... WA-7 is a poorly constructed figure, not only is she a pain to get standing up, but once she's been standing a while, she warps over the the side, partly due to the weight of her serving tray, but mostly due to poor quality plastic. Having said that, she makes a far more interesting figure than Wedding Day Barbie, I mean PADME, who is just plain boring, so gets my vote for worst.

Battle Droid
11-26-2006, 04:34 AM
Best: Wat Tambor

Worst: Emperor Palpatine

Bosskman
11-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Best - Tambor - perfect figure for that character.

Worst - Palpy - I have him as the "gets thrownd down the elevator shaft" Palpy, but his hood is an abomination. The head and face are perfect, but for the Emperor, the HOOD is everything.

Kidhuman
11-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Best - WA-7

Worst Palps

mtriv73
11-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Best: Coleman Trebor

Worst: Palpatine. Please Hasbro, never release this figure again. We've seen it carded several times, in battlepacks, and in wal-mart dvd packs. It has actually kept me from buying several of those.

Darth Jax
11-26-2006, 10:27 AM
best - padme
worst - palps

tagmac
11-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Best: Wat Tambor. A great-looking figure, and the holo-spaceship on the control panel was a nice touch.

Worst: Palpatine. Just a horrible-looking figure overall. The POTF Palpy and the TPM Darth Sidious completely destroy this figure.

El Chuxter
11-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Best: Coleman Trebor.

Worst: That turd they released that said "Emperor Palpatine" on the package for some reason.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
This wave had some really spectacular figures, IMO.
Best - Wat Tambor (Geonosis War Room). He's just so damn cool.
Worst - The Emperor (Throne Room). They didn't even call him Palpatine, adding to the fact that this figure just sucks. I like the lightning tips, and the face sculpt was pretty good, but the ginormous hood and over-wrinkled cloak just ruins it.

As a side note, my WA-7 figure has been falling off her base quite a lot recently. She's more stable now so I hope it continues . . . it took me a long time to find her tray the last time she fell.

pegger
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Best: Wat

Worst: The Emp. poo-doo.

Jaff
11-27-2006, 04:38 AM
Poor Palpy never had a chance, but Coleman and Wat were neck to neck. In the end Trebor won the race.

Wat/WA-7 waves
BEST
Wat Tambor (Saga) 5
Coleman Trebor (Saga) 6
WA-7 (Saga) 1
Padme Secret Ceremony (Saga) 1

WORST
WA-7 (Saga) 1
Emperor Palpatine (Saga) 11
Padme Secret Ceremony (Saga) 1

Jaff
11-27-2006, 04:45 AM
The last and final group of Star Tours figures includes a few of the most unusual sculpted droids ever made. Although these figures were released in 2003 and 2005 I thought we would just finish covering the Star Tours line before we continued the film figure poll. For those of you who may find these figures unfamiliar to Star Tours, thatís because a few of these droids could only be bought at Euro-Disney.

7/03
G2-9T
R5-D2
SK-Z38

3/2005
G3-5LE
3T-RNE
MSE-1T

G2-9T
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03stg29t.asp
R5-D2
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03str5d2.asp
SK-Z38
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03stskz38.asp
G3-5LE
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05g35le.asp
3T-RNE
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw053trne.asp
MSE-1T
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05mse1t.asp

Jaff
11-27-2006, 04:46 AM
G2-9T (Star Tours) - This was just a variant of the G2-42 figure which I didnít like in the last poll. Thus the same goes for this one.
R5-D2 (Star Tours) - At the time of itís release this figure looked the most like R5-D4 than any figure made to date. The droid looked great, and although itís dome had some artistic liscense it was still a very impressive figure, the best in the entire Star Tours line if you ask me.
SK-Z38 (Star Tours) - This helicopter droid looks very NON-Star Wars. It looks really out of place. Sure itís cute, and fits in Star Tours, but it even fits in less than the G2 figures.
G3-5LE (Star Tours) - Whoever designed the Star Tours must have loved the films of Short Circuit because once again here is another figure that is quite similar to Johnny 5. That is not a bonus to this figure.
3T-RNE (Star Tours) - This fig really looks creative. I love the wires sticking out of itís chest, as well as the chest plate that seems to garnish the fig.
MSE-1T (Star Tours) - This droid reminds me of the LIN mining droid. It gives me hope that some day this fig will be made. I am guilty of liking this cheesy droid.

BEST - R5-D2 is just an impressive droid. Nice detail

WORST - SK-Z38 just stands out as a silly character concept. The helicopter blades really make this fig earth bound. It doesnít look like itís from a galaxy far, far away.

Tycho
11-27-2006, 05:30 AM
BEST: G3-5LE - it's cute. What can I say?

WORST: SK-Z38 - um, looks like it should go with the Dinobots. I didn't buy this one.

An honorable mention needs to go to MSE-1T because it looks like a Mouse Droid. I meant to get this wave - I don't think you have to order them from Euro Disney. I'm going to CA's Disneyland for my birthday in about a week and a half if I can make the trip. I'd desire getting 1 each of this last wave if possible - and I plan to sniff the MSE-1T droid, as that might be a great highlight I can write home about.

Bosskman
11-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Won't vote on these ones, I have none and am too lazy to open the picture links.

Kidhuman
11-27-2006, 07:00 AM
No votes here either.

Darth Jax
11-27-2006, 08:09 AM
best R5
worst the bird looking SKZ38

pegger
11-27-2006, 09:20 AM
best R5
worst the bird looking SKZ38

Ditto........

sebillba
11-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm still collecting these....slowly, as I'm not in any rush to get them. But I do quite like them all, and will be happy to have them all eventually.

Best - 3T-RNE.... only because I won a loose one from ebay last night, and it looks kind of interesting.

Worst - MSE-1T.... it's cute, and I do like it, but I can't help but be reminded of NooNoo from the Teletubbies: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://users.telenet.be/kiddies/noonoo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://users.telenet.be/kiddies/noonoo.htm&h=318&w=426&sz=43&hl=en&start=26&tbnid=3sxIrSzOfV3E0M:&tbnh=94&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dteletubbies%2Bnoonoo%26start%3D20%26n dsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Battle Droid
11-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Wat Tambor had 6 votes for best, Coleman had 5! :razz:

Recount Jaff! :razz:

tagmac
11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
I wasn't gonna vote here, but since I ordered one of these figures online, I'll participate.

Best: R5-D2. I paid $10+ for this, but at the time I never thought we'd get a proper R5-D4, and this was a thousand times better than the POTF version.

Worst: SK-Z38. I didn't know Swoop had a cameo in the Star Wars universe.

El Chuxter
11-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I thought I had all these, but I don't recognize those last three. :confused:

Of the ones I have:

Best: R5-D2

Worst: SK-Z38

dindae
11-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Previous
Best Coleman
Worst Palpatine with afro-hood

Current
Best R5-D2
Worst SK-Z38

Jaff
11-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Wat Tambor had 6 votes for best, Coleman had 5! :razz:

Recount Jaff! :razz:

Thank you Battle Droid for catching me on my misscount. It is true that Wat hd 6 votes, and Coleman had 5, but now after Dindae we have an even results so both will appear in the year end, unless we get some more late votes.

pbarnard
11-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Thank you Battle Droid for catching me on my misscount. It is true that Wat hd 6 votes, and Coleman had 5, but now after Dindae we have an even results so both will appear in the year end, unless we get some more late votes.

Well I won't be settling that one, because

Best: Padme Secret Ceremony. I like it, don't know why.
Worst: Palpy. He just sucks in most incarnations that have been done of him.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Best = R5-D2
Worst = SK-Z38

Jaff
11-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Star Tours is finished, and here are the final results

BEST
R5-D2 (Star Tours) 7
G3-5LE (Star Tours) 1
3T-RNE (Star Tours) 1

WORST
SK-Z38 (Star Tours) 8
MSE-1T (Star Tours) 1

Jaff
11-29-2006, 08:02 AM
The screen scene sets were something we had been waiting for. Finally we could collect jedi council members in their chairs with the promise that some day we would be able to complete an entire circle. They were not that hard to find, and that was quite welcome. These sets were something that no one wanted to miss.

8/03
Count Dooku (Geonossian War Room three pack)
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossian War Room three pack)
San Hill (Geonossian War Room three pack)
Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Council three pack)
Mace Windu (Jedi Council three pack)
Even Piell (Jedi Council three pack)

Count Dooku (Geonossian War Room three pack)
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossian War Room three pack)
San Hill (Geonossian War Room three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03ssGWR1.asp
Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Council three pack)
Mace Windu (Jedi Council three pack)
Even Piell (Jedi Council three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03ssJHC1.asp

Jaff
11-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Count Dooku (Geonossian War Room three pack) - This Dooku was nice for the set, but not nice without the set. His arthritic hand pose just took too much away from the figure. Still I love this fig. Thereís nothing better than posing him with the Death Star hologram to foreshadow A New Hope.
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossian War Room three pack) - Itís true that the new Poggle is much better. The paint decoration of this Poggle was limited but the figure was awesome when it came out. It was one of my faves. Had it not been for the re-issue of Poggle this fig might have been my fave.
San Hill (Geonossian War Room three pack) - This stringy dude, although drab, was one welcome figure. He looks great displayed, but he is not a monumental figure.
Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Council three pack) - Stop the press, this dude has multiple hands under his cloak, and check out itís tail which can be posed differently. Look at that detail. This one was one awesome figure. I donít need to think about my favorite of this bunch.
Mace Windu (Jedi Council three pack) - It was comforting to get a sitting Mace. Although the figure does not make me jump up and down, I really like it.
Even Piell (Jedi Council three pack) - Even Piell and Yaddle are two of my fave Jedi members for some reason, and I was real glad to get them. With Even I had a small problem though. Why sculpt this figure so it cannot stand. If you make the entire Episode I council there are two figs that must stand. This fig is one of them. What a bummer. Nice fig though.

BEST - Oppo Rancisis

WORST - All the figs are nice, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Count Dooku because heís just another Dooku for an accessory to add dynamics. Windu is a whole new fig with a chair, and San Hill is a brand new fig as well.

Darth Jax
11-29-2006, 08:12 AM
best - oppo
worst - even piell

dindae
11-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Best Oppo
Worst San Hill to me the head sculpt looks like a used Q-tip. I really think they could have done better.

Tycho
11-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Most of these don't inspire me to post a lot about them. I was very glad to get them and set up these scenes however.

I'm going to quote Jaff a lot. He's got a good record of being spot-on.

Count Dooku (Geonossian War Room three pack) -
This Dooku was nice for the set, but not nice without the set. His arthritic hand pose just took too much away from the figure. Still I love this fig. Thereís nothing better than posing him with the Death Star hologram to foreshadow A New Hope.

Poggle the Lesser (Geonossian War Room three pack) -
The paint decoration of this Poggle was limited but the figure was awesome when it came out. It was one of my faves. I really enjoy adding him to the balcony of my Arena Playset as well as having bought more of this set to make the Geonosian War Room and so forth. The extra San Hill can do "Clone Wars cartoon" scenes. Poggle was a good figure.

San Hill (Geonossian War Room three pack) -
This stringy dude, although drab, was one welcome figure. He looks great displayed, but he is not a monumental figure. Still this guy's species was the inspiration for IG-88. How cool is that?

Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Council three pack) -
this dude has multiple hands under his cloak, and check out itís tail which can be posed differently. Look at that detail. This one was one awesome figure. However, I've been frustrated with trying to pose him and use him for other scenes, off of a council chair (but it's fun once you get him situated just right). He's a great contender and it's always nice when Hasbro and Star Wars have aliens that are not 2-armed / 2-legged. And he's a good guy at that (versus other non-bipeds like Jabba)

Mace Windu (Jedi Council three pack) -
It was comforting to get a sitting Mace. Although the figure does not make me jump up and down I think I can find him a brown Jedi robe in the softgoods from some figure I have who will not be needing it. It's nice to have a non-screaming Mace from AOTC though.

Even Piell (Jedi Council three pack) -
I was real glad to get him and that the Jedi Council sets were being made. With Even I had a small problem though. Why sculpt this figure so it cannot sit? If you make the entire Episode I council there are two figs that must stand. This fig is one of them. What a bummer. Nice fig though.

BEST - Poggle the Lesser

WORST - All the figs are nice, but if I had to pick one I would have to say Count Dooku because heís just another Dooku for an accessory to add dynamics. [/QUOTE] He could have been the most easily replaced for this set (had Wat Tambor or Tonbuck Toora been included instead - only if Wat Tambor hadn't been carded btw). Mace's figure was a resculpt too, but added a little more necessary articulation for the scene.

pegger
11-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Best - Oppo

Worst - Dooku

pbarnard
11-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Best: Ranciss. The serpentine tail and sculpting are great

Worst: Dooku. I thought I stopped buying multiples of "main" characters and before I knew it, I had 3 of this guy with not all of them being in scenes (although this one is always with this scene).

Bosskman
11-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Best - Poggle

Worst - San Hill Not terrible but he coulda been better head-wise. Had to pick one for the worst, but I like all these figures.

Battle Droid
11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Best: Poggle the Lesser

Worst: Count Dooku

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Best - Poggle the Lesser
Worst - Count Dooku, the hologram and hand are way too big.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
This is a tough round.

Count Dooku - Nothing special, plus the plastic cloak limits movement some.

Poggle the Lesser - I don't really like Geonosian figures, but at least this one stands well compared to other Geonosians.

San Hill - A simple pose and good articulation at the shoulders. This was figure in this set that was most excited about getting.

Oppo Rancisis - A unique figure. Pretty well done, but I think his form kind of limits him.

Mace Windu - This was a great figure to get since the other AOTC Maces were no good. He could sit and had good articulation, except for his right elbow.

Even Piell - It would be nice if he had a chair, but he couldn't sit in it unless you took off his cloak.

BEST - San Hill. Mace's goofy right arm prevents me from voting from him. Plus San Hill is an all new figure.

WORST - Count Dooku. A repeat figure that doesn't improve on previous versions.

tagmac
11-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Best: Oppo Rancissis. These were all nice figures, but none really stood out greatly over another. The snake-tail and the extra arms put this one over the top.

Worst: Count Dooku. The extreme pose, plus the fact that we've seen much better versions of this figure made it easy to pick as the worst.

Kidhuman
11-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Best Poggle

Worst San Hill

I didnt get the JEdi set. I only got the war room because I got both sets for under ten bucks

sebillba
11-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Best - EVEN PIELL - I really love this little guy, and mine has no trouble standing. However, if it comes to a tie between Poggle and Oppo, I'd pick Poggle.

Worst - DOOKU - just nothing new.

El Chuxter
11-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Tough for me, since these are still boxed, but I'll say:

Best: Poggle

(There's no way I can vote for "Goatboy" Rancisis, period.)

Worst: Dooku. Same-old, same-old. San Hill sucks, but he's very accurate to the lousy character design.

TheDarthVader
11-30-2006, 09:36 PM
best poggle the lesser
worst count dooku (his hand is horribly sculpted...the only thing he can hold in that hand are those death star plans)

Jaff
12-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Well we were real close to a tie again, but TDV was the deciding vote.

BEST
Oppo Rancisis (Jedi Council 1) 6
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossis War Room 1) 7
San Hill (Geonossis War Room 1) 1
Even Piell (Jedi Council 1) 1

WORST
Count Dooku (Geonossis War Room 1) 11
Even Piell (Jedi Council 1) 1
San Hill (Jedi Council 1) 3

Jaff
12-01-2006, 09:17 AM
One of the most frustrating things of 2003 was the fact that Hasbro released the really poor Cantina Bar Sets before the Kitik wave. It was clear that Ponda, Ben and Greedo would sell poorly because we all had the Ben and Greedo. So the other three sets were made, but were in no stores. Around October 2003 these sets began leaking out into the market selling for $100 a pop. Some bought them, some didnít thinking that these sets would never see the light of day. Although a silly person might say that people were dumb for buying them, many did, thinking they would never see another Kitik realized. The joke was on everyone though because during the OTC line these sets came to fruition.

8/03
A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing fighter - Target Exclusive)
9/03
Geonosian Fighter Pilot (Geonosian fighter)
10/03
Cantina Bar Set with Dr. Evazan (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)
Cantina Bar Set with Wuher (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)
Cantina Bar Set with Kitik Keedíkak (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)

So which was your best and worst?

A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing fighter - Target Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03awing.asp
Geonosian Fighter Pilot (Geonosian fighter)
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWgeofighter.asp
Cantina Bar Set with Dr. Evazan (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinaevazan.asp
Cantina Bar Set with Wuher (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinawuher.asp
Cantina Bar Set with Kitik Keedíkak (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw02wmcantinakitik.asp

Jaff
12-01-2006, 09:18 AM
A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing fighter - Target Exclusive) - Sometimes plastic is wasted on a figure, and this was one of them. Painting a B-Wing fighter pilot in green without changing anything on the figure was just lazy.
Geonosian Fighter Pilot (Geonosian fighter) - This unique Geonosian may have a hard time standing but itís one of those rare figures you never expect to see come to light. Add to the fact that this vehicle and pilot was cheap compared to most figure-pack-in vehicles and you have a winner.
Cantina Bar Set with Dr. Evazan (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive) - I remember this figure being analyzed by fans a few years ago, and everyone was harking on Evazan saying that he looks like a mess. Well IMO he is better than the first version, and the dude should look like a mess. I thought the next figure was the real problem of these sets.
Cantina Bar Set with Wuher (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive) - I donít remember Wuher covered in poop streaks in the movie, and I do remember seeing his face. This fig looks like an art gallary nightmare. I donít display this figure because it is a desperate retool like the A-Wing Pilot above.
Cantina Bar Set with Kitik Keedíkak (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive) - Kitik looks great. What a figure to have. Did you ever imagine having this figure, I didnít. Itís so unique, and it gives hope to see every figure made that is so obscure in every film.

BEST - Kitik

WORST - A-Wing Pilot with Wuher competing for the big poo poo prize.

El Chuxter
12-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Best: Kitkik.

Worst: Geonosian Pilot. Why? Totally inaccurate. All source material says these guys are hard-wired into their ships, so it should've been a figure like the Cruisemissile Trooper.

dindae
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
This was hard since there are only 2 truly new figures it is hard for me to vote on repaints so I will stick to the new figs.

Best Kitik Keedíkak
Worst Genosian Pilot

This was pretty close. While I was excite to get Kitik, I was really underwelmed. There was very little detail and the articulation was minimal. I would really like to see this character revisited. Had the pilot been interesting to me it would have easily have won.

tagmac
12-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Best: Kitik Keed’kak
Worst: Wuher

I never got any of these, so there's not much I can say about them. Since i'd already gotten Wuher as the Fan Club exclusive, there was no need for me to get this ridiculous repaint even if it had been easy to find. A bit disappointed that I never got Kitik, but it's not like she actually appeared in anything but the Holiday Special, so it's not that big of a deal.

Tycho
12-01-2006, 03:08 PM
A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing fighter - Target Exclusive) - This is not even a B-wing pilot repainted. As Arvel Crynyd in the 3-pack, it never was either. By ROTJ this was the helmet and uniform Y-wing pilots wore as exemplified by Grey Leader calling in and the Asian guy in the Y-wing biting the dust during the Battle of Endor. For that matter, Arvel Crynyd was the blonde haired, green uniformed A-wing pilot who kamikazied into the bridge of the Executor killing Admiral Piett. Tycho Celchu was also a blonde haired, green uniformed A-wing pilot (during Endor - he usually flies X-wings) but I, OF ALL PEOPLE, WOULD KNOW THIS - I tend to be pretty familiar with Rebel Pilots). Anyway, I own 2 original issue A-wings, and a extra figure of the original pack-in I got from writing Hasbro. I didn't buy this repaint / reissue set.

Geonosian Fighter Pilot (Geonosian fighter) - This is cool! A winner here.

Dr. Evazan (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive) - I was offered him and Wuher as well as Kitik, loose, from the webmaster of Galactic Hunter who's a personal friend of mine. I only was a taker on Kitik. At this time, no one knew how rare these figures would be, and he didn't pay a lot for her, and I only paid $15 for her. Stillakid visited me around this time and was very ticked I had her and he wasn't able to get her. I remember trying to use that leverage with him to get him to go online at SSG and post that he liked midichlorians ;). Me having this figure, and for such a cheap price at the time, really irritated a few of you. Haha.

Wuher He was unremarkable. Had he been released in greater quantities, he might've helped those who actually couldn't find him on the CommTech card 4 years earlier. I'm glad they originally made the figure. I just own one - the original. And while I'm really greatful I have him, one is enough.

Kitik Keed’kak (E-Bay/Dealer exclusive) -
Kitik looks great. What a figure to have! Did you ever imagine having this figure? I didn’t. It’s so unique, and it gives hope to see every figure made that is so obscure in every film. My sentiments exactly. See my notes above by Dr. Evezan which weren't really about him after all.

BEST - Kitik

WORST - A-Wing Pilot with Wuher competing for the big poo poo prize.

The Geonosian Pilot gets an honorable mention.

Kidhuman
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Kitik best

Worst Geo warrior

Bosskman
12-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Best - Geonosian Pilot - love this guy, with Kitik a close second

Worst - Skid Mark Wuher.

sebillba
12-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I got the cantina scene 3 pack, and think they're the same figures, so the only one of these I don't have is the geonosian - I really like the look of this one, and now I must have one!

Best - if I had the geonosian, I might've picked that one, but as I don't, I'll go for KITIK.

Worst - EVAZAN - didn't look anything like him in the first place, and the cartoony repaint didn't help.

pegger
12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Best - Geo

Worst - Evazan

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Best - Kitik Keed'kak
Worst - Dr. Evazan, the new legs are stupid

Mad Slanted Powers
12-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Best - Kitik, mainly for being a new and unique figure.
Worst - Geonosian pilot, as I tend to not like Geonosian figures.

The A-Wing pilot looks pretty decent to me. Not too bad as far as pack-ins go.

Battle Droid
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Best: Geonosian Pilot

Worst: Dr. Evazan

pbarnard
12-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Best: Kitkik
Worst: Dr. Evazan UGH!!!! This figure and all retools of it have sucked.

Kidhuman
12-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Worst: Dr. Evazan UGH

They had the Ultimate Galactic Hunt back then?

pbarnard
12-02-2006, 10:43 AM
They had the Ultimate Galactic Hunt back then?

Edited it for you. He sucks. He sucks Aqualish, Wookie, Sullustan and Gamorrean what nots.

Darth Jax
12-02-2006, 02:30 PM
best false a wing pilot
worst false geonosian pilot

Tycho
12-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Tycho with the Truth to light your way here!

You have correctly identified the first vehicle pack-in as a Fasle A-Wing Pilot!

I guess we only have literature sources to tell us if the latter is a False Geonosian Pilot due to the suggested hardwiring of the creature into the vehicle. I wouldn't want to be a Geonosian if they do that though. What kind of torturing his own people does Poggle the Lesser engage in?

pbarnard
12-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I guess we only have literature sources to tell us if the latter is a False Geonosian Pilot due to the suggested hardwiring of the creature into the vehicle. I wouldn't want to be a Geonosian if they do that though. What kind of torturing his own people does Poggle the Lesser engage in?

Is it torture? Or is the eventual evolution of sentience into a eusocial species like termites (that is the basis of the geonosians)? Applying human norms to alien species doesn't always work because of niches that they would've arisen from amongst others. Very few species in large groups have more than a handful of breeders (very true in eusocial insects) in general. While capable, they don't for a variety of reasons.

Also, hasn't this guy been the false A-Wing pilot for a long time since his Rebel Pilot 3 Pack coloring days?

Jaff
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, this was pretty clear cut for the best, but the worst was neck and neck for three different figures.

BEST
Kitik Keedíkak (Cantina Bar) 10
Geonossian Pilot (Geonossis fighter) 3
A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing Fighter, Saga) 1

WORST
A-Wing Pilot (A-Wing Fighter, Saga) 2
Geonossian Pilot (Geonossis fighter) 4
Wuher (Cantina Bar) 3
Dr. Evezan (Cantina Bar) 5

Jaff
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Well if you like the Clone Wars this stuff was beginning to take a major foothold of the Star Wars shelves during the end of 2003. Along with the previous Deluxe figures there was a new assortment, and now there were single figure blisters available. This first assortment had some rare ones, particularly the ARC Troopers. Not only many hunting for these clones, but there were two variations. The Gray was one hard puppy to find. Also included in this group is the exclusive Holiday Yoda, just in time for Christmas.

9/03
Clone Wars #42/03: Anakin Skywalker
Clone Wars #43/03: ARC Trooper (Red)
Clone Wars #43/03: ARC Trooper (Gray)
Clone Wars #44/03: Yoda
10/03
Holiday Edition Yoda
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Swoop

So what’s the best and worst?

Clone Wars #42/03: Anakin Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0342anakin.asp
Clone Wars #43/03: ARC Trooper Red and Gray
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0343arctrooper.asp
Clone Wars #44/03: Yoda
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0344yoda.asp
Holiday Edition Yoda
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03holiday2.asp
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Swoop
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03cwdurgewswoop.asp

Jaff
12-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Clone Wars #42/03: Anakin Skywalker - When Star Wars figures start to be bathed in unnecessary items it begins to mimic all the other toy lines that do poorly. The figure is nice, but it was not an impressive fig.
Clone Wars #43/03: ARC Trooper Red and Gray- The ARC Trooper was kind of cool. Had I been into EU I would have bought this one eagerly.
Clone Wars #44/03: Yoda - This is a new twist on Yoda, but it is so campy. I felt the same way about this figure as I felt with Anakin, yet with less scorn.
Holiday Edition Yoda - I never really got into the whole commercialized SW Christmas thing, but I have to admit that Yoda was a vast improvement over the 3PO/R2 holiday edition from the year before.
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Speederbike - Now this was a nice figure. There was great detail, and the bike was kind of neat. Yet once again, I am not an EU dude so I passed on this.

BEST - ARC Trooper, Iíll pick the Gray one because it was pretty rare, adding some points to this color over the Red one.

WORST - Anakin Skywalker, he was just too contrived.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-03-2006, 01:50 AM
The only ones I have open are a gray ARC trooper and a Holiday Yoda. I like both. I have an extra Holiday Yoda that I have opened and I usually put it on my computer at work once they decorate they office.

Durge and Anakin don't seem especially great to me, but Durge is new, and the Anakin is about as good as any E2 Anakin at this point.

I tend not to like Yoda figures, and the Clone Wars version is no exception.

Best - Red Arc Trooper
Worst - Clone Wars Yoda.

I think you might be mistaken on the ARC trooper. I have two gray ones, but never saw a red one. Brian's Toys has the gray one for $24.99 and the red one for $59.99.

Jaff
12-03-2006, 03:47 AM
You might be right on this one Mad Slant. During this time I was in New York, and I found a whole slew of Red Clones at multiple places. After confering with some collectors in the area they were all hunting for the Gray ones and had no problem finding the reds. Some contacts of mine in Nashville also reported that the Grays were no where but the reds were everywhere. I assumed from that information that they were rare, but if Brian's toys has those prices it must of been the opposite, and all the folks I was in contact with were either very lucky, or they all shipped to us!

Anyways, if everyone can let us know how rare the red/gray ARC was to find let me know as I would be very interested in getting this information exact in my release details binder.

sebillba
12-03-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm no expert, especially on Clones, but I believe there are actually three versions of the ARC Trooper.... I think the more common version is the blue-grey one, with the red one being rarer, but if you look at the bottom pic on RS, there is a third variant, with darker grey detail on the blue-grey - you can see the dark grey shoulder in the pic. I'm really not sure, but I'm guessing this is the rarest. A small difference maybe, but I have often seen them listed as three distinct versions - blue, red and grey. At the time I got mine mail order, not knowing there were different colours, and received the blue. I've since tried to get a red one, but the reds I've seen on ebay always seem to go for more than the blues - as do the darker greys, though this is too much of a minor variant for me to have taken too much notice of. In the end, I was happy to get Captain Fordo in the Hunt for Grievous set, which was close enough to the red version for me.

Anyway, my vote....

Best - SANTA YODA... I really like both Yodas in this batch, but I think this is the better sculpt, and is the more unique figure. This is the only one of the Christmas figures I bought, and one of the few figures I've kept unopened, as I really like the whole presentation.

Worst - I like all these, but there has to be a worst, so I'll go for ANAKIN.

pegger
12-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Best - Red Arc. It looks more striking than the gray. I beleive it was the Red that was more difficult to get. I know I was stunned that it made it to Canada (a variant that is...normally they don;t - or rather before this wave they normally didn't)

Worst - Clone Wars Yoda. His uniform is just....not something yoda would wear

Kidhuman
12-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Best - ARC Trooper(same thing wasnt it just diff colors, if not then red)

Worst - Anakin

Bosskman
12-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I'll pass on this round. I don't have any of them.

Darth Jax
12-03-2006, 10:14 AM
best - ARC trooper (red if you want a color preference since red was the commander in the cartoons)
worst - yoda (CW) with anakin a close second. i'm not a big fan of the holiday editions, but santa yoda wasn't quite creepy enough to be the worst. the character of durge was a horrible idea (even for EU he was too over-the-top) but the figure of him wasn't that bad.

El Chuxter
12-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Red was definitely the tougher to find. I seem to recall them being released some time apart, as well. I thought the gray came out around the same time as the Republic #50 comic (where they debuted), and the red later, after the red version appeared in the 'toon.

Best: Durge. Don't care for the character, but this figure still holds it own quite well. (By contrast, compare an ARC Trooper with any of the Clone Commander figures.)

Least best: Member's Only Yoda. (Meaning the one with the goofy 80s jacket. The Santa one is quite cool.)

Battle Droid
12-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Best: Deluxe Durge.

Worst: Anakin Skywalker.

2-1B
12-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Best: Holiday Yoda
Worst: Durge

pbarnard
12-03-2006, 04:21 PM
I like almost all of these figures except one.

So Worst: Anakin. He is too posed, and the face is something out of a Joe Cocker concert that even Belushi couldn't mimic if he was irregular due to his last speed ball.

Best: Really torn between Holiday Yoda and Deluxe Durge. One I used only for 4-6 weeks a year and one of only 4 carded figures I keep, the other the only version of the figure I have but it is fairly well articulated. In the end, goin' with Yoda, because he can at least get down the modern chimney to give the girls and boys presents.

Tycho
12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
BEST: ARC Trooper - Red - this is a fun figure I was actually encouraged to play with (but don't tell anyone).

WORST: Holiday Yoda - the figure, and the tradition for that matter, was really unnecessary. If nothing else, to make things fair, they should make the Atheist Han Solo action figure with a CommTech that starts in on "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, Kid!"

tagmac
12-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Best: Red ARC Trooper - definitely the rarer of the two. I found this one at a dealer's after it appeared in the cartoon. The gray one was part of the initial release.

Worst: Anakin. The accessories look ridiculous, as does the face.

dindae
12-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Best - Durge I just like his look and the figure is great
Worst - Yoda Clone wars why would Yoda ever need a bandolier.

I will have to back up Jaff saying I found several red ARC around my area. Media Play really overloaded on these and had them sitting around for months.

Jaff
12-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Gray ARC received no love, but the Red took most of it. Yoda and Anakin were neck to neck, but in the end Ani won the prize, or bone.

BEST
Gray ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) 1
Red ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) 6
Yoda (Holiday Edition) 3
Durge (Deluxe with Swoop) 3

WORST
Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars) 6
Yoda (Clone Wars) 5
Durge (Deluxe with Swoop) 1
Yoda (Holiday Edition) 1

Jaff
12-05-2006, 01:49 AM
Finally another Jedi Screen scene, and the completion of the Geonosian War Room. Without a doubt there were some seriously cool figures in these three packs, and it was one of the most anticipated items of the year for me.

9/03
Yaddle (Jedi Council three pack #2)
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council three pack #2)
Depa Billaba (Jedi Council three pack #2)
Nute Gunray (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)
Shu Mai (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)
Passel Argente (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)

So whoís your best and worst?

Yaddle (Jedi Council three pack #2)
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council three pack #2)
Depa Billaba (Jedi Council three pack #2)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03ssJHC2.asp
Nute Gunray (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)
Shu Mai (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)
Passel Argente (Geonosian War Room three pack #2)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03ssGWR2.asp

Jaff
12-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Yaddle (Jedi Council three pack #2) - Now this was one cool kid-Yoda. This figure, although not as detailed as others was a very nice fig. Something about this little tiny Jedi just makes him stand out. It must be because heís a red head.
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council three pack #2) - Need I say anything about this one. That long neck, those fine softgoods. What a sweet figure.
Depa Billaba (Jedi Council three pack #2) - Bummer, yet another Jedi that can not sit in the council. Honestly, why make her for the Jedi council if she canít sit. Couldnít they have delayed her so she could have came in another council three pack. I am grateful that I have her for her standing scenes, but as far as Iím concerned my Jedi Council is still not complete.
Nute Gunray (Geonosian War Room three pack #2) - Another Nute with another outfit. Nice, nothing to write home about, but nice.
Shu Mai (Geonosian War Room three pack #2) - Ohhhh Maiii, this unique figure really looked different than a lot of other War Room members making her stand out. Itís true that she canít stand on her own, but leaning her on the table really made her a special figure.
Passel Argente (Geonosian War Room three pack #2) - Passel just looks like heís a filthy, grimy, garbage digger. I mean, isnít this dude rich or something. He looks like a homeless dude that the Seperatists took pity on and is now offering him shelter. I like him more in his Episode III outfit. I still like this fig as well.

BEST - As much as I love Yarael Poof, and I do love him as one of my favorites of 2003, Iím picking Yaddle. I just enjoy this little fig so much.

WORST - Depa Billaba, she canít stand, and sheís a Carrie Fisher Bespin look-a-like.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Yaddle's a HER, Jaff. And since you like her so much, I can try to help you arrange a date. She digs dudes that are into the whole midget scene! ;)

Unfortunately, she was killed in the Jedi Quest young readers' series during a mission Anakin was on with Obi-Wan Kenobi. She and Yarael Poof were the first Council Members to die before the outbreak of the Clone Wars. Shaak-Ti and Coleman Trebor took their Council seats before AOTC.

I think I dig the Yarael Poof figure the best. A very unique sculpt and fun to have.

I think I'll also go with Depa Billaba as worst. It'd be great to have her as a poseable figure to fight Mace as in the novel Shatterpoint during the Harun Kal Crisis. Alas, she's a statue. And since she was at least 40 years older than Leia (who was 21 when she wore that hairstyle on Bespin), it was the princess that copied her - though Carrie Fisher wore her hair that way in 1979!

Anyway, nothing against Depa personally, but the figure could have offered more. Following Shatterpoint during the Clone Wars, Depa was removed from the Jedi Council and dianosed "insane." I assume that Commander Bow executed her when they stormed the Jedi Temple in ROTS, but we don't really know. Because of her Force powers, she must have been held prisoner (or under house arrest) there in the Temple. Aurra Sing as well, come to think of it. (Sing was taken into custody by Aayla Secura who defeated her on Devaron).

Mad Slanted Powers
12-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Yaddle is all right for that sort of figure. Depa would be great if she could sit. Yareel is awesome, perhaps the most anticpated of this bunch for me. His articulation is all right and he can sit.

Nute is pretty much a repaint of the Episode I version. The robe makes it harder to move his arms. Passel is okay, but has those lethal weapons in the form of the dangling sleeves. Shu Mai was one I was looking forward to, but has some shortcomings. The peghole seems too short for pegs on my stands. Her neck seems to have no articulation, but it wants to turn to one side a bit.

BEST - Master Poof
WORST - Depa Billaba

Battle Droid
12-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Her neck seems to have no articulation, but it wants to turn to one side a bit.

Her head is ball-jointed.

Best: Yarael Poof.
Worst: Depa Billaba

Bosskman
12-05-2006, 05:52 AM
This is a hard one as all these figures are AWESOME. The Jedi are all sweet, Nute is the best we got of him I think (my TPM has wierd face paint aps) the others seps are great as well (especially Shu Mai) This will have to be a guess then:

Best - Poofster

Worst - Argente (he does look pretty grubby)

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Best - Nute

Worst - Shu Mai

Darth Jax
12-05-2006, 09:27 AM
everyone keeps posting how great these figures are. with one exception i hated all these figures and that they sucked (but that didn't stop me from buying them). guess i'm hasbros target audience cause i'll pick up many troopers and clones (and still pick up one of the background characters), yet don't care for most of the background characters they've chosen to release so far from the prequels. you really can't go wrong with OT background characters, they just seem so much cooler than what the prequel offered us.

best - poofie

worst - depa

El Chuxter
12-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Best: (in my best Beavis voice) aaaaaaaaaa-POOF!!

Worst: Depa Billaba. At least she goes crazy and dies in prison.

pegger
12-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Best- Yarael

Worst - Depa

sebillba
12-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Best - NUTE... I agree this is better than the Ep 1 version. I like Yarael Poof a lot, but this has to be the worst SW name since Wol Cabosh!te. Does Poof not have the same meaning in the States?? It can be quite derogatory and offensive in Britain.

Wort - DEPA

pbarnard
12-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Worst: Nute. I'm sorry, loathe this figure and sculpt. Why they kept him around for another 2 movies is beyond me (course, wish Lucas would've let Anakin go a bit more dark side on the Viceroy....)

Best: Argente. I like him because he truely is alien from clothes to appearance.

tagmac
12-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Best: Yarael Poof - great sculpt and costume. Won't neeed to pick up the re-hash either, because this one was so well done.

Worst: Depa Billaba - Agree with Jaff here, that this looks too much like bespin Leia. The fact that she can't sit down costs her even more points.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Does Poof not have the same meaning in the States?? It can be quite derogatory and offensive in Britain.

Please elaborate - let us in on on our cultural differences! :D

Meanwhile, I think I'll write a story about Inspector Randy Hardwick. ;)

sebillba
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Please elaborate - let us in on on our cultural differences! :D

Meanwhile, I think I'll write a story about Inspector Randy Hardwick. ;)

You mean you don't know what it means? I guess not... in Britain, 'poof' is a derogatory term for a gay man. I can't imagine many kids over here wanting a toy called Poof....

And I'm sure you know that no British parent would be cruel enough to call their kid "Randy" ;)

Bosskman
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Poof means the same here in Canada too, and I thought it meant the same in the States - I heard it said on Family Guy.

Tycho
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I honestly didn't know. Too funny.

However, the figure must have been marketed as the character Yarael Poof in England and Canada. It makes you wonder what the reaction was like with the kids.

Battle Droid
12-05-2006, 05:34 PM
In the states a poof is a cheesy thing you eat. lol

sebillba
12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't think the figure was marketed in England, as I never saw any of these sets at retail. It'll be interesting to see if we get the carded re-release... I doubt it though (not because of the name, I'd just be surprised if we get any of the final waves). I'm sure there are kids into SW who know the character, and can only imagine what they think.... somehow, I doubt he gets much respect......

sebillba
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
In the states a poof is a cheesy thing you eat. lol

We call these "Wotsits", but we know of cheesy poofs thanks to Cartman ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
12-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Her head is ball-jointed.
Ah, so it is. However, I can't seem to make use of it with the rubbery neck.

Monty Python had the Bruces philosopher's sketch in which about half of the rules were "NO POOFTERS!"

dindae
12-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Best yarael poof
worst Shu Mai - I just thought they could have done a better paint job on this one. Sadly the repaint for E3 wasn't much better.

TheDarthVader
12-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Best: Yarael Poof

Worst: Depa Billaba

Jaff
12-06-2006, 08:09 PM
This was pretty much an open and shut book where voting is concerned. Both the best and worst were unchallenged.

BEST
Yaddle (Jedi Council #2) 1
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council #2) 10
Nute Gunray (Geo War Room #2) 2
Passel Argente (Geo War Room #2) 1

WORST
Depa Billaba (Jedi Council #2) 10
Nute Gunray (Geo War Room #2) 1
Passel Argente (Geo War Room #2) 1
Shu Mai (Geo War Room #2) 2

Jaff
12-06-2006, 08:14 PM
If you missed searching for hard to find figures the Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper was the answer to your wait. The first concept figure on a blister caused quite a ruckus upon itís release. No one could find it, and the dealers were charging $20 - $30 upon itís first few months of release. For me, the joys of this wave were the other figures. I left a Ralph Mcqarrie trooper on the shelves at least twice. I was too busy salivating over the other figs in this wave.

10/03 - Saga Stripe #33/03 Bail Organa
Saga Stripe #34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper
Saga Stripe #35/03 Junus Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary)
Saga Stripe #36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
Saga Stripe #38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club)
Saga Stripe #39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club)
Saga Stripe #40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano

Itís hard to pick a best out of this excellent wave, but give it a shot, and donít forget your worst too.

Saga Stripe #33/03 Bail Organa
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0333bailorgana.asp
Saga Stripe #34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0334McStormtrooper.asp
Saga Stripe #35/03 Junus Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0335impdignitaryA.asp
Saga Stripe #36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0336padmelh.asp
Saga Stripe #38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0338ayyvida.asp
Saga Stripe #39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0339obiwanonp.asp
Saga Stripe #40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0340sleazebaggano.asp

Jaff
12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Saga Stripe #33/03 Bail Organa - Bail just canít stand, like most of the figs in this era. The figure is cool though. Had they not made a Bail that would have been a real tragedy.
Saga Stripe #34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper - Itís an interesting, if cartoonish figure, but I passed on it. I neither hated, nor loved it.
Saga Stripe #35/03 Junus Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary) - We all waited for a dignitary forever, and when I got Janus I was overjoyed. How cool was it to have a second dignitary. When Kren came out I was crawling on the walls, now if they would just make the rest of them!
Saga Stripe #36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead) - The dress on this Padme is tremendously exquisite. The detail and care in her paint job really pleased me.
Saga Stripe #38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club) - Take Oola, retool her, paint her two colors, and make a stool she canít sit on very well, and make her a challenging figure to stand. Am I happy she was made: yes. Does this figure compare to the other figures in this wave: NO!
Saga Stripe #39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club) - This was the best Obi-Wan of Episode II to date. His posed fingers hurts the figs displayability, but this is one nice fig, and having the rest of the bar piece was a great bonus.
Saga Stripe #40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano - This dude can sell death sticks on my shelves anyday. I was so excited when they made him, and having Obi-Wan opposite of him really added cool display value to both these figs. They were both totally awesome.

BEST - I gotta pick Obi-Wan. His casual pose, and the effect of displaying him in a outlander club diorama is very, very effective. I might have picked Padme or Janus, or maybe even Bail. This was just an awesome wave. This wave was what collecting was all about. It had something of everything, for everyone.

WORST - Ayy Vida

General_Grievous
12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Best: Obi-Wan, since it's the best AOTC Obi-Wan we've got. But Padme and Janus ain't too shabby.

Worst: McQuarrie Stormtrooper

pbarnard
12-06-2006, 08:19 PM
There's some good figures in there, and unfortunately some truely bad or unneeded ones. I have no problem with the Imperial Dignitary that I know others will rag on later. Nice sculpt, does it's job. I'm also not in love with the Concept Trooper just because I could never find one either. Not finding it doesn't make it a great figure ala Ephant Mon.

Best: Padme blue dress. Probably the nicest outfit she's been done in short of here Theed one.

Worst: Obi-Wan. Same problems as previous waves except now coming with a drink.

pegger
12-06-2006, 08:53 PM
For Best I've got to give it to Padme. The detail is fantastic. I wish they made every Padme with this attention to detail.

Worst - Ayy. Horrible. unneeded, no articulation, bad colouring. Just a really poor figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
This is a great wave. Hard to find though. I had to order Padmť, Bail, and the Stormtrooper from Kebco, my only purchase ever from there.

Saga Stripe #33/03 Bail Organa - Bail just canít stand, like most of the figs in this era. The figure is cool though. Had they not made a Bail that would have been a real tragedy.Mine stands just fine. I like this figure. Nice detail and likeness and a cool pack-in with the Obi-Wan holo.

Saga Stripe #34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper - Itís an interesting, if cartoonish figure, but I passed on it. I neither hated, nor loved it.I've not opened this one, but it looks like a decent figure, plus it was a cool figure to have. Nice accessories as well.

Saga Stripe #35/03 Junus Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary) - We all waited for a dignitary forever, and when I got Janus I was overjoyed. How cool was it to have a second dignitary. When Kren came out I was crawling on the walls, now if they would just make the rest of them!I wasn't as excited about the dignitaries, but they are nicely done which makes up for them being basically statue figures. My main complaint was that the stand has no peg on it.

Saga Stripe #36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead) - The dress on this Padme is tremendously exquisite. The detail and care in her paint job really pleased me.Great to get another Padme figure. First time I tried to take the cloak off, it pulled her head off with it. Standing alone without the cloak, mine seems to lean to one side.

Saga Stripe #38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club) - Take Oola, retool her, paint her two colors, and make a stool she canít sit on very well, and make her a challenging figure to stand. Am I happy she was made: yes. Does this figure compare to the other figures in this wave: NO!I like the figure and she has good articulation, but does have trouble standing alone and sitting on the stool.

Saga Stripe #39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club) - This was the best Obi-Wan of Episode II to date. His posed fingers hurts the figs displayability, but this is one nice fig, and having the rest of the bar piece was a great bonus.Great articulation in the shoulders and knees, and it is better than previous AOTC Obi-Wans, but the fixed pose of the right arm is a negative. Also, this figure must be scene specific to his encounter with Elan Sleazebaggano, otherwise, he would have his lightsaber for cutting up Zam.

Saga Stripe #40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano - This dude can sell death sticks on my shelves anyday. I was so excited when they made him, and having Obi-Wan opposite of him really added cool display value to both these figs. They were both totally awesome.Cool to get this figure. One complaint is that the bar piece does not snap together well with the piece from Obi-Wan's figure

Wasn't quite sure which to vote for best. I was inclined to vote for the Stormtrooper, but I had to open it to be sure. Now that he's out of the package, there's no doubt it is my choice.

BEST - Concept Stormtrooper
WORST - Obi-Wan

Darth Jax
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
worst - obi-wan. unless you've got him posed in an "i'm using the force" diorama the fingers ruin this figure and then the glass stuck in the other hand dictate which scene that he can be used for.
best - padme.

avy, didn't much care for this twilek. rather than just paint a body 2 colors at least try to make it seem like she's got a bodysuit on. concept stormie, saw him plenty but never got excited by a stormtrooper with a shield and laser sword. elan sleazebag, not a bad figure for the character with the second worst name (sorry, gragra wins that battle with jarjar a close third). dignitary was merely a blah figure of a background character i could probably just as easily do without.

it seems the further we get through this voting, the more i find that i don't really care for the figures once i get them home. the thrill of finding them on the shelves is what still keeps me buying them.

tagmac
12-06-2006, 11:32 PM
Best: Padme. This was an excellent-looking figure, although the face bugs me just a little. I ended up buying two of these, one to pose with the cape, and one without. Janus comes in at a close second for me here.

Worst: McQuarrie Stormtrooper. I bought this because of the hype and its rarity, but to be honest, I think it looks ridiculous, and I was never big on the idea of wasting a figure with one that never got past the drawing board.

sebillba
12-07-2006, 05:51 AM
This was just an awesome wave. This wave was what collecting was all about. It had something of everything, for everyone.

Sorry Jaff, but I couldn't disagree more - this was a really uninspiring wave, and left me feeling nothing but boredom for SW collecting. Plus I was really frustrated the bar pieces wouldn't fit together properly. Something for everyone?? There are no droids and no decent aliens - sorry, but sticking a couple of head stalks on some kid from Home and Away (naff Australian soap) did not make for an interesting alien, nor did repainting an old Watto's Box figure - ok, I know it was a new sculpt, but she's not much different aside from the colour. This is very hard to vote on, as nothing stands out as best or worst, so.....

Least bland - BAIL ORGANA

Most bland - IMPERIAL DIGNITARY

dindae
12-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Best - Elan I liked the figure and really don't need anything more from it

Worst - Ayy Vida the figure's articulation was to obvious and just detracted from the look of the character. That being said its not a horrible figure but I don't want them to revisit it.

DarkArtist
12-07-2006, 10:05 AM
my vote for the best is a tie between the AOTC Outlander Obi Wan and the Concept Stormtrooper (What can I say I love EU)

worst would be the Lars Homestead Padme. the figure was a great sculpt as far as statues go but everytime I take the hooded cloak off her, her heads pops off with it.

Kidhuman
12-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Best - Elan

Worst - Concept trooper

Tycho
12-07-2006, 02:11 PM
This is a very hard wave to rate. I liked a lot of these figures.

Bail Organa - This is my favorite of the 2 Bail Organa figures and I want at least 3 more (from ROTS) to be made. I even have an extra of this figure and am using him as an audience member in the Opera scene when Palpatine tells Anakin the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis.

Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper - I don't get into concept figures and this was unnecessary and I turned it down for my collection.

Junus Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary) - This is the dignitary I DO like out of the two (I turned down the other one that looked like he belonged in POTC versus SW). I do want Slim Aloo made (Kenner did this one in the '80's) and two will suffice for me. I'll never want all 5.

Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead) - I love this Padme figure! I wished they'd have made her soft-goods so you could use her with a rickshaw vehicle, but she's a great figure anyhow. Her outer cloak really changes her look so everyone must get 2 of her to display loose. Nice job!

Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club) - While it's great to have as many Outlander figures as we can get, Coruscant is largely a human-populated planet and Nyrat Agira as well as other Club girls would be welcome. They got Ayy Vida out of the way. I'm happy about that. But she doesn't do that much for me.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club) - This figure doesn't do too much for me. Not until Pilot Obi-Wan of the E3 assortment did Hasbro come close to getting Ewan McGreggor's likeness down. The fact that this figure can't draw his lightsaber does not win points with me. The bar itself was a great accessory and very nice how it linked up with Elan's.

Elan Sleazebaggano -
This dude can sell death sticks on my shelves anyday. I was so excited when they made him, and having Obi-Wan opposite of him really added cool display value to both these figs. They were both totally awesome. - ditto!

BEST - it's very hard to pick Elan Sleazebaggano. "His casual pose, and the effect of displaying him in a outlander club diorama is very, very effective. I might have picked Padme or Bail. This was just an awesome wave. This wave was what collecting was all about. It had something of everything, for everyone." (-Jaff, edited)

WORST - Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper - I didn't need concept figures, but I understand that some of you do like them. We comprise a diverse group in this hobby, and I'm not a "collector."

Bosskman
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Best - Greejatus

Worst - Vida

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Best - Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander Nightclub Encounter)
Worst - Ayy Vida (Outlander Nightclub Patron)

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Best: Padme.

Least best: Fonzie's favorite: Ayy.

Jaff
12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Forcing ahead we have more voting results. Elan and Padme duked it out until the last vote, while Ayy and Mcquarrie Stormie kept neck to neck as well. Lately we've had a lot of close votes. I'm betting that our next poll will not be such a close race.

BEST
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Club - Saga) 2
Padme (Lars homestead - Saga) 5
Mcquarrie Stormtrooper (Saga) 1
Bail Organa (Saga) 1
Elan Sleazebaggano (Saga) 4
Imperial Dignitary Janus Greetjatus (Saga) 1

WORST
Ayy Vida (Saga) 5
Mcquarrie Stormtrooper (Saga) 4
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Club - Saga) 3
Imperial Dignitary Janus (Saga) 1
Padme (Lars homestead - Saga) 1

Jaff
12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Our final batch of non-animated Clone Wars figures are ready to go. As the line continued many were quite pleased to see Asajj Ventress, but everyone was going GA-GA over the Super Articulated Clone Trooper, easily one of the hardest figures to find in 2003, and one of the coolest, if not one of the Best of 2003.

10/03
Clone Wars #45/03: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot
Clone Wars #46/03: Durge
Clone Wars #47/03: Asajj Ventress
Clone Wars #48/03: Mace Windu

11/03
Clone Wars #49/03: Kit Fisto
Clone Wars #50/03 Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper
Clone Wars #51/03: Saesee Tiin

Which one wins your best and deserves to be labeled as the worst?

Clone Wars #45/03: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0345obiwan.asp
Clone Wars #46/03: Durge
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0346durge.asp
Clone Wars #47/03: Asajj Ventress
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0347asajjventress.asp
Clone Wars #48/03: Mace Windu
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0348macewindu.asp
Clone Wars #49/03: Kit Fisto
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0349kitfisto.asp
Clone Wars #50/03 Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0350clonetrooper.asp
Clone Wars #51/03: Saesee Tiin
http://www.rebelscum.com/CW0351saeseetiin.asp

Jaff
12-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Clone Wars #45/03: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot - This fig just makes me recall Anakin with desperate accessories a few polls back. Just a dud in my book, but I think Mace beats this stinker out.
Clone Wars #46/03: Durge - Nice figure + semi-weak character + EU made me not interested but intrigued. They put some work detailing in this figure, I could appreciate it, but not buy it.
Clone Wars #47/03: Asajj Ventress - This was one figure that I thought looked cool, and there are always some EU figures that tempt me to buy. This was one of them. She looked nice, and since the character was a major focus in the cartoon it made her even more cool. One appealing aspect of this figure was the clothing detail.
Clone Wars #48/03: Mace Windu - Gee, a new mace with new accessories. This Mace actually looked like he stepped in poo-poo. What did they have against Sam Jackson in 2003. Iíll just save some more money thank you.
Clone Wars #49/03: Kit Fisto - Shirtless Kit, yeah, yeah, forgive me for saying I didnít quite get the appeal of this figure. He looked like he was kin to He-Man. I just didnít dig him.
Clone Wars #50/03 Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper - Forget all the other figs, why not just make cases of this fig only and distribute. At the time this was the greatest army builder fig made, and wouldnít you know it: Hasbro under-produced him. That was quite frustrating.
Clone Wars #51/03: Saesee Tiin - Tiin was a nice fig, and when episode III hit it was no wonder that the figures didnít look somewhat identical. They did a good job on this one.

BEST - Super Articulated Clone Trooper, thereís just no contest on this one.

WORST - Mace

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2006, 02:14 AM
I've not opened any of these, and I didn't find this trooper. I didn't get this Durge either. Durge looks like an okay figure. I like the looks of Saesee compared to the Saga and POTJ versions. Kit Fisto doesn't seem too bad either. Once again, they gave Mace a screaming expression, but I think I like the figure better than Obi-Wan. Asajj doesn't look right in the face for some reason.

BEST - Clone Trooper
WORST - Obi-Wan

Bosskman
12-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Best - Clonetrooper
Worst - Ventress - They should have made this figure more alien looking like the cartoon. I hate the character, but would have bought the figure if it was more like the cartoon (ie long neck, weird eyes)

The clone wars stuff is getting more and more appealing to me but at this point in the line all I had/have/wanted was the clone.

sebillba
12-08-2006, 07:10 AM
The clone was a good figure, and paved the way for future improvements in articulation, but I'm too cloned out to vote it best, and on display it looks like any other clone.

Best - has to be one of the alien Jedi for me... I'll go for SAESEE

Worst - MACE

Kidhuman
12-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Best - Trooper, at this time, one of the only SA figs released.

Worst - Mace.

Darth Jax
12-08-2006, 08:13 AM
best - kit
worst - durge

i wasn't a big fan of the SA clone, for all the articulation he came with i still had trouble posing him as i'd like to.

dindae
12-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Best Clonetrooper
Worst Obi-Wan although I could easy go for mace.

El Chuxter
12-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Best: Kit, flashing the Mighty PecsTM

Worst: Uh, I suppose Mace narrowly beats Obi-Wan.

pegger
12-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Gotta go with the Clone trooper. upto that point in time, the best Clone trooper ever made.

Worst - Mace.

DarkArtist
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
best would be the Clone Trooper - even though I never found him, only was able to get my first SA AOTC Clone after the EE sets came out.
Worst is Obi Wan - idea was cool but lacked in execution.

tagmac
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Best: SA Clone Trooper. Personally, I wasn't all that impressed with this wave. This one narrowly beats out Kit for the best. And while Durge looked good, the way he was treated in the cartoon really turned me off this figure.

Worst: Mace Windu. This figure looks ridiculous, and the only reason I bought it was because I was in my last days of being a completist. Obi-wan is a close second here.

pbarnard
12-08-2006, 01:53 PM
First, using anything beyond the kidnapping of palpatine as "fact" is sort of a waste. Retard-esky's toon pales in comparison both in development and scope that the comics and novels took on the clone wars (as well as covering 3+ years), so looking like them is a mistake. Retard-esky who takes credit for creating them is a liar because this was probably created in a marketing meeting of all entities when about to launch the Clone Wars (as given insight by the CD-ROM included with Destiny's Way and Steve Perry interviews about Shadows of the Empire). So if you'd rather see a different treatment of the characters, that is more realistic (Dantooine, a planet with Bronze Aged life, no real resource value except grass as a battle requiring the leader of the Jedi Council isn't believable either), go with the anything but the Clone Wars cartoon. Even in the comics (Obession) they make fun of the cartoon by having Obi-Wan say Anakin didn't fight or kill Assaj Ventess.

Best: Ventess. Of the original characters native to the Clone Wars this one is dead on to her comic art, the sabers are nice in that they interlock or fit into holsters. You can see the Dooku influence and Sith wanna-be look.

Worst: Mace. Nothing about his look was close to anything in any of the media.

Tycho
12-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot - Nothing special to see here.

Durge - He could have been more articulate and not had flesh tone biological traces showing beneathe his armor (the human skin on his arms). That wasn't the character as it developed in the cartoon and comics.
I was not too impressed. Nice weapons and accessories though.

Asajj Ventress - She is a good figure!

Mace Windu - I actually like this Mace and plan to use him in some of my ROTS scenes vs. Palpatine. I think he's a lot better than many movie Mace figures from AOTC and ROTS.

Kit Fisto - Unnecessary.

Super Articulated Clone Trooper - I sincerely, and truthfully bought 90 of these. I scoured 24 hr Wal-Marts buying about 9 at a time (3 cases full x 3 cases, per shipment, per store - doing this several times in late November, early December 2003. And I got sick doing it from the cold, very little sleep, etc. But I kept 40 for myself and supplied my whole collecting group. Not only that, I shared the misery of getting them by phoning my friends at 2 or 3am every time I scored and woke them up to inform them of my hunting successes. I enjoyed my rudeness as part of the price they paid for my consideration. 5 friends got maybe 10 SA Clones each from me. Later I think they found me a few more - but this ranks as the single figure I found and purchased the most of in my entire SW Collecting career!

Saesee Tiin - While his look helps him make one of my favorite Jedi Council Members (pre-ROTS that is), this figure wasn't too inspiring and the softgoods was unnecessary as it's taken 3 more years until we saw his starfighter get released. Even so, I don't have need for that either.

BEST - Super Articulated Clone Trooper, there’s just no contest on this one.

WORST - Durge

TheDarthVader
12-08-2006, 09:32 PM
best clone trooper
worst mace windu

Jaff
12-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally I thought that the SA Clone Trooper would have been unchallenged. I stand corrected.

BEST
Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) 10
Saesee Tinn (Clone Wars) 1
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars) 2
Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Clone Wars) 8
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clone Wars) 3
Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars) 1
Durge (Clone Wars) 2

Jaff
12-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Our first peek at the 2004 figures showed us that some exciting things were coming. After finishing Achk-Med and Kren Blista the first Hoth figures were released a whole month earlier than their original projected date.

11/03
Saga Stripe #37/03 Achk-Med Beq
Saga Stripe #41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary)
Saga Stripe #01/04 Hoth Rebel Trooper
Saga Stripe #02/04 R-3PO
Saga Stripe #03/04 Luke Skywalker Hoth

Whatís your best and worst?

Saga Stripe #37/03 Achk-Med Beq
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0337achkmed-beq.asp
Saga Stripe #41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0341impdignitaryB.asp
Saga Stripe #01/04 Hoth Rebel Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0401hothtrooper.asp
Saga Stripe #02/04 R-3PO
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0402r3po.asp
Saga Stripe #03/04 Luke Skywalker Hoth
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0403lukeskywalkerha.asp

Jaff
12-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Saga Stripe #37/03 Achk-Med Beq - Pop a head off, repaint some hands, and put a new head on figure. Well I donít dislike this figure, but Achk sure looks like a twin of Dannyl. Itís nice they made this fig though.
Saga Stripe #41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary) - What a funky hat. I donít know if any of you know this but this guys job is to kneel before the emperor, and serve as a semi table for games and such. Thatís why his expression on his face is devoid of joy.
Saga Stripe #01/04 Hoth Rebel Trooper - A mini Hoth Rebel Trooper. No wonder the Rebels lost the battle of Hoth. They werenít tall enough to see out of their trenches.
Saga Stripe #02/04 R-3PO - A repainted 3PO is a winner in my book. I just love getting new protocol and astromech droids. This one particularly looks unique. Heís just a repaint though, so that doesnít get him anywhere near the best.
Saga Stripe #03/04 Luke Skywalker Hoth - Not only can this fig hang upside down, thanks to his rotating scarf, but he has detailed wounds. He is a great sculpt. A vast improvement over the first, and to top it off looks incredible with the Wampa. This is what figure making is all about.

BEST - Luke Skywalker Hoth

WORST - The midget who dreamed of being a Hoth Rebel Trooper

El Chuxter
12-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I'll agree with you on these two, Jaffinator. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Best - R-3PO (Hoth Evacuation)
Worst - Hoth Trooper (Hoth Evacuation)

pegger
12-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Best - R-3PO (Hoth Evacuation)
Worst - Hoth Trooper (Hoth Evacuation)

I gotta agree. While R-3P0 is a repaint - it's everything a re-painted droid should be!!

But definite kudos to hoth Luke. That was also a great figure

Bosskman
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Best - Kren Blister the Knee

Worst - R-3PO, but only because I had to pick one, I like him, only a bit less than the Hoth Rebel Midget (who I also like)

sebillba
12-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Best - HOTH LUKE

Worst - BINKS UNMASKED

pbarnard
12-09-2006, 03:40 PM
The neck on the Hoth Luke was awful. Really detracted from an otherwise good figure. Also, the figure only really works is you put him into the "pose" with the Deluxe Wampa base and have a spare Anakin/Luke saber hilt to boot. Never saw the Hoth Trooper, but next to his roided up POTF2 brothers, he'll be small.

Best: Kren Blista-Vanee. Another good sculpt, not too much interesting, but doesn't have the problem of others.

Worst: R-3P0. I don't know, I just think the plastic ones suck compared to the vac-metal ones.

Darth Jax
12-09-2006, 04:33 PM
best - luke hoth

worst - generic protocol droid (R3PO). astromechs are cool, protocol droids bore me. hoth trooper is a good fig, just too bad he's a dwarf.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I was kind of excited about the Hoth wave. Nice to have a new trooper to go with the others. The pose bothers me more than the size. Luke is an all right figure, an improved look over the POTF2 version. The way in which it fits with the Wampa figure makes it much better. The dignitary is okay, but nothing special. Achk-Med Beq is well articulated, but just like Dannl, is designed kind of crooked to lean against the table I guess. I was probably most excited to see R-3PO, but am kind of disappointed with the figure. I don't think this is just a repaint, because at least the arms seem to be new. That's the part that I don't like about it.

BEST - Luke
WORST - Hoth Soldier

Tycho
12-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Achk-Med Beq - Useful, but not impressive. Glad to have him though.

Kren Blista-Vanee - The first Pirates of the Caribbean figure! Oh, he's supposed to be from Star Wars? Well I "forgot" to buy him. Yeah. Say, did he come with Fish & Chips?

Hoth Rebel Trooper - Hmmm. Good for point-perspective in Hoth Dioramas. He can be the trooper that looks smaller because he's far away. Another advantage is the Hasbro AT-AT can completely step on him!

R-3PO - Yeah. Whatever. I found him to look rusty enough to use him as a junk protocal droid in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa.

Luke Skywalker Hoth -
Not only can this fig hang upside down, thanks to his rotating scarf, but he has detailed wounds. He is a great sculpt. A vast improvement over the first, and to top it off looks incredible with the Wampa. This is what figure making is all about. We concur!

BEST - Luke Skywalker Hoth

WORST - The waiter from Captain Jack's Seafood Shack Kren Blista-Vanee . Yes, I know that his figure is probably authentic to the movie, but maybe I didn't like that character in the movie either. I wished there was a deleted scene where an Ewok kicks his butt!

Kidhuman
12-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Best - Luke

Worst - Hoth trooper

tagmac
12-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Best: Luke Skywalker Hoth. This was one awesome figure, from the detail, to the outfit. He looks perfect hanging upside down with the Wampa, but posed standing up looks really cool as well, with the snow base giving him this look of determination while injured in a snow battle. After seeing the pictures in Jaff's link, I'm a bit sorry I only bought one of these to pose upside down.

Worst: Hoth Rebel Trooper. The look of the head just seems a bit off, and the size is just as bad as the original Rebel Fleet Trooper, only from the opposite perspective.

Incidently, I made a mistake in an earlier poll. It was R-3PO that Kebco had listed on "backorder" when sending me Luke and the Hoth Trooper, leading me and possibly many others to believe it was rare (I had originally mentioned this when referring to K-3PO, whom I had actually gotten easily in the 4-figure set that EE had offered). I ended up paying the shipping to get it from Amazon, managed to get my pre-order from Kebco cancelled, then found tons of this guy in TRU. I think at that point I sensed something fishy going on with the company, although it took the whole VOTC figure fiasco to finally get me to cancel all my pre-orders early, before the real problems started.

Jaff
12-10-2006, 12:33 PM
On average I do a posting every other day either in the morning or late at night. We trend about 15 votes each voting batch, and by the time it's time for me to poll again I notice that we don't get any posts for about 12 hours before I do a new post. We are now on our 7th month of this poll (we started 6/1/06), and we still have two full years of figures to go!

Now I'm going to post a little differently. I will wait to post a new batch every two days as I have been doing, unless we have at least 12 votes. If we have 12 votes going then I'll post sooner like I am going today. This will keep us forcefully advancing towards the 2007 mark which I'm guestimating is about two to three months to go. Remember if I go to the next batch it's cool to vote on ones before it. I have never missed adding anyones older votes on the older waves. So here's what you wanted, another review, and some new figs to vote on.

Hoth wave
BEST
Luke Skywalker Hoth (Saga) 8
R-3PO (Saga) 2
Kren Blista-Vanee (Saga) 2

WORST
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Saga) 7
R-3PO (Saga) 3
Achk Med Beq (Saga) 1
Kren Blista-Vanee (Saga) 1

Jaff
12-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Accompanying the release of the Hoth wave was the Deluxe Wampa assortment. These figs became widely available, unlike the December release of R1-G4. This assortment came and went quickly but was repacked in later Saga cases.

11/03
Deluxe Wampa
Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod
Deluxe General Rieekan

12/03
Saga Stripe #04/04 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
Saga Stripe #05/04 R2-D2 with Serving Tray
Saga Stripe #06/04 R1-G4

Who wins your best and worst?

Deluxe Wampa
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultrawampa.asp
Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultrac3po.asp
Deluxe General Rieekan
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultrarieekan.asp
Saga Stripe #04/04 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0404lukejedi.asp
Saga Stripe #05/04 R2-D2 with Serving Tray
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0405r2-d2barge.asp
Saga Stripe #06/04 R1-G4
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0406r1-g4.asp

Jaff
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Deluxe Wampa - Some figures made are perfect, and the Wampa was very close. Whoever designed the Ice pillar accessory was a genius, because with the Luke itís hard to keep your eyes off this set. The Wampa has some serious cool factors including his detail, paint ap, and his multi articulated waist.
Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod - Although I love the escape pod, I was really disturbed by the quality of this 3PO. It looked like he was on the verge of imploding. He just didnít look right to me.
Deluxe General Rieekan - When Rieekan was released I couldnít believe it. The figure is great, and his monitor was even cooler. Today I still like the figure, but when you compare it to Derlin it really could be better. Still I have no complaints, and donít feel this fig ever needs to be remade.
Saga Stripe #04/04 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight - If you look at the 1996 version and this version you can really appreciate this Luke. His pose is what makes him exceptional, yet I do not like to display this fig with his lightsaber because it doesnít do the figure any justice. Iím not a softgoods fan, but if you work with his robe it can be made to look very classy. A great fig.
Saga Stripe #05/04 R2-D2 with Serving Tray - This happens to be a nice R2 even without his drinking tray. Upon itís release it was one of the most perfectly scaled R2ís. Little did we know that in 2004 the VOTC R2 was going to be released and outclass this version.
Saga Stripe #06/04 R1-G4 - The last time I did this poll I voted R1-G4 as one of my favorite figures. It didnít get a lot of great reviews, and that might happen again, but I still think that this figure is still awesome. Truthfully itís detail surpasses many figures, even though many refered to it as a statue. Still it is a magnificent achievement. It is one of the most unique figures ever made, and it grabs my eye way more than most of the other SW figures.

BEST - Although he will probably loose to the Wampa, or R2 I gotta go with R1-G4. He is just so unique, and detailed. It is essentially in a class all by itself.

WORST - The Craptacular-3PO

Kidhuman
12-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Best - R1-G4 closely followed by the Wampa.

Worst - Reikaan becuase it should have been a basic figure, the accessory was not enough to justify a 5 dollar increase

Tycho
12-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Do not mistake my brief comments for lost love for this wave! I completely dig it. I am disappointed that the Deluxe Figures went up against reg. line figures. I don't think it was fair. But whatever.

Wampa - Perfect!

C-3PO with Escape Pod - The pod was too small and the set sort of unnecessary to me without a whole Tantive IV.

General Rieekan - I wanted Rieeken badly but his Deluxe Figure status with only a display screen gets a little on my nerves. Still, that's a nice accessory and it would've been hard to card a basic figure with it.

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight - If I'm not mistaken, this figure was reused for the Endor Luke that came in October? He's a great figure!

R2-D2 with Serving Tray - Nice detail. This is not my favorite R2D2 moment, but the figure is cool.

R1-G4 - I always wanted this droid. It is one of the best choices left for Sandcrawler droids and I'm so glad it was done. It's a plain "prop" rather than a figure. But I love it nevertheless.

BEST - Wampa. He should've been in a Deluxe-only category I guess, but then your choices would be to wait to list them with Jabba, the Palace Denizens, and out of order - or a very small wave. I do understand the dilemma. If not for the Wampa, I think Luke Jedi would've gotten my vote.

WORST - C-3PO

Bosskman
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Best - R1-G4 (don't consider the Wampa a figure)

Worst - C-3PO

pbarnard
12-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Best R1-G4. This is possibly the best droid in the entire line ever.

Worst: 3P0. Recolor of the Assembly Line, undersized pod. The color seems to be like those leather-faced women who still don't understand that between the 3 packs they smoke and the 4 hours a day in the tanning bed it's just Russian Roulette if the melanoma or the pulmonary carcinoma will get them first.

Battle Droid
12-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Best: Wampa

Worst: John Kerry, I mean Rieekan.

sebillba
12-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Best - WAMPA.... absolutely awesome figure, especially when used with the Hoth Luke. Jedi Luke is also a great figure, but was prone to having floppy knees - this was thankfully remedied for the recent Endor version, which was made to a higher quality.

Worst - sorry, but I'm going for R1-G4.... I really hope this doesn't come out as best, it does nothing for me. Ok, it might be movie accurate, but it's a piece of junk in the film, and is a piece of junk as a figure. My indifference to this figure may also be due to the fingerprints in the paintwork on mine.

DarkArtist
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Wampa is #1

C-3po and Rieken are tied for last.

2-1B
12-10-2006, 05:57 PM
best: "Wampa! Wampa! Wampa!"

worst: C-3P0...because he's C-3P0

pegger
12-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Sorry Sebilla - R1 for best. It's perfect for this piece. There is no way they could improve the R1 mold.

Worst - Rieekan. He doesn't even have elbows....

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2006, 08:22 PM
The Wampa is good, especially with the ice that fits with the ice from the Luke figure. I've had some issues with him falling over before though. Hasn't been a problem lately though, so I must have found a good pose.

Haven't opened the Escape Pod, but C-3PO doesn't look to be a very good version of him.

General Rieekan was a nice figure to get, and the display thing was a nice addition. He is limited by his lack of articulation though.

R1-G4 was probably the figure I was most excited to get. It's always cool to get a figure like this made, as it is one step closer to being able to make a complete display of a scene like that.

This is a good version of R2-D2. I prefer versions with the retractable middle leg. I know others don't like chrome domes, and this one does not have that.

Luke is a great figure with some good articulation. I don't like the way the hood was sewn, though. Also, his right hand is open, so he can't use that to hold his gun or light saber.

So, R1 and R2 and the figures I don't really have any complaints about. I guess I'll go with R1 as best since it was a nice surprise to get that figure made, while R2, while one of my favorite versions of the figure, was just another R2.

Best - R1-G4
Worst - C-3PO

TheDarthVader
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
best WAMPA
worst C-3PO

Darth Jax
12-10-2006, 10:58 PM
best - wampa
worst - rieekan

tagmac
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Best: R1-G4. Wanted to go with the Wampa, but I just don't think it should be ranked with the other figures. It counts more like a "beat assortment" figure.

Worst: C-3PO w/ Escape Pod. Agree with everything that's already been said about this one.