PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Jaff
12-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Wampa is #1

C-3po and Rieken are tied for last.

DarkArtist, I would love to poll your worst vote, but I can only use one. I noted the Wampa in the poll, but let your worst vote empty. If you wish to pick one I will correct my tally.

dindae
12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Best - R1-G4 can't fault this figure in any way.
Worst - C-3po not a terrible figure but not really good either

I really think this wave was exceptional and really got me excited about buying figures again.

El Chuxter
12-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Best: Wampa! Wampa! WAMPA!!

Worst: John Kerry. Seriously, it's a great Kerry figure. But a horrible likeness for Riekkan.

Jaff
12-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I noticed that someone mentioned that it was uncool the Wampa was in this poll. Since he was a deluxe fig, I decided not to omit him because Amanaman was a deluxe, and to pick and choose which kind of deluxe I include in the poll would not be kosher as I want this to poll to be made completely nuetral without any manipulation. That is why we have had the Spider Droid, Wampa, and unfortunately the upcoming Jabba, because he too was a deluxe.

Anyways here are the new results, and wouldn't you know it, we have another tie.

BEST
R1-G4 (SAGA) 8
Wampa (Ultra) 8

WORST
C-3PO (Ultra) 9
General Reikaan (Ultra) 5
R1-G4 (SAGA) 1

Jaff
12-11-2006, 01:51 PM
The last poll of 2003 includes the first Animated Clone Wars figures. These Target exclusive figures were not impossible to find, and since I’m not a collector of the animated figs I bet I found them easier than those hunting for them. You know how it is. You go out hunting for the R1 wave and look at these Clone figures with a bummed expression on your face. Then the next guy who comes in the next day finds the R1 wave and is bummed that someone bought the Clone Wars figures because by that time there is just one on the shelf.

12/03
Animated Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress
Animated Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker
Animated Clone Wars: Mace Windu
Animated Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Which is your best and worst?

Animated Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedAsajj.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedAnakin.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Mace Windu
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedMace.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedObiWan.asp

Jaff
12-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Animated Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress - Well, considering the other figs, Asajj looks the best. With the Japanese animation style she actually fits the character and sculpt.
Animated Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker - I really don’t think I’m a good judge on these figs because I did not like any animated figs upon their release, so you could say my judgement is not impartial. Along with that I have never been a fan of Japanese animation. Don’t throw rocks at me, just being honest here. For me the drawing is just not refined. This figure definately falls into that mode, just like Mace, and Obi-Wan. Square jaws just don’t look right to me.
Animated Clone Wars: Mace Windu - Ehhhhhhhh....yeahhhhhh! Can someone explain the likeness of Sam Jackson here. I mean I know this is based on a cartoon, but this fig looks worse than that extra that appeared exiting the republic transport at the end of Episode I. Just embarassing.
Animated Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - Well, I can see Obi-Wan in this fig, what a blockhead.

BEST - Asajj Ventress

WORST - Mace Windu

dindae
12-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I thought these were really well done figures. The likeness was dead on from the cartoon. The only improvement I could see would be more articulation.

Best Asajj
Worst Mace

My votes are probably more based on the characters themselves then the actual figures though.

El Chuxter
12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Ditto Asajj and Mace.

sebillba
12-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Not got any of these, so I'll sit this one out.

Tycho
12-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Best: Anakin - I like his gold, robotic arm. I think it also gave him one more point of articulation that the other figures did not have.

Worst: Mace - I do like him, but his head looks like that alien puppet from Star Trek: TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver," where the alien image wasn't real - only what "Balok" used to frighten interlopers with.

pegger
12-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Best - Asajj - perfect likeness to the cartoon

Worst - Obi. His :beard: is a different colour than his hair....

Bosskman
12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm not voting on these.

BTW, I consider Jabba a figure because he's a character, like Vader or Luke. I don't consider the Wampa a figure because he's a beast like the Rancor or Bantha. For me, it's not the package that counts but what's inside.

tagmac
12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Having never bought any of these, I'm going to bow out of this round as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
For the last one:
Best - Wampa (Hoth Attack)
Worst - General Rieekan, not worth the price

This one:
Best - Asajj Ventress
Worst - Mace Windu

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I didn't get these either, but I will vote. I don't really like the animation style, but I like Asajj Ventress. Since the cartoon is the only place I've seen her (I've not looked at the CW comics yet), the regular figure of her didn't look right at all, while this one looked just right. Obi-Wan's pose is not neutral enough. I don't like the legs and feet of Anakin. Mace may look goofy, but he looks like he did in the cartoon, and he has a neutral pose.

Best - Asajj Ventress
Worst - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 07:09 AM
o animated waves for me, didnt get em.

DarkArtist
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Best = Ventross
Worst = Obi Wan

Darth Jax
12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
best asajj
worst ani

why just the 4 figs for voting Jaff? most of the rounds we've had contained 2 waves of figs.

Tycho
12-12-2006, 11:01 AM
why just the 4 figs for voting Jaff? most of the rounds we've had contained 2 waves of figs.

It's not polite to speak for someone else, but I'm not polite at times.

He's likely sick of the backlash he took from us over putting the Wampa Ultra up against carded figures in the last poll, and thus didn't want animated figures competing with regular ones. Thus he doesn't have to listen to us whine about it. (I'm guilty as charged concerning the wampa) But the other 4 animated figures weren't released in 2003 and thus don't fit into this poll. One thing I've noticed about Jaff, is he definitely places a priority on release dates with his polls. My style is more lax and I'd lump all 8 animated figures in together. My bet is that this would be disorganized or unprecise in Jaff's POV.

Anyway, Jaff makes a great effort and this poll is an awesome thread. So he's entitled to do things any way he wants (we can still reserve the right to complain of course - but I think I see where he's coming from with this choice).

Jaff
12-13-2006, 09:07 AM
Tycho is very right in that the second wave of Clone Wars figures were not released in 2003. Thus they would not be elligable to be in the best of 2003 poll. I prefer some organization to the poll. Once a person starts saying, oh I'll put this wave in here for this or that reason, they soon find they are making exceptions to everything, and thus manipulating a poll. The poll is strict and fair if I vow to keep to the guidelines I mentioned in my very first post on the thread. In my eyes persistance is better than exception.

As far as complaints to anything that is done on the thread I honestly don't take that much notice. It's not to say that I don't listen to them, it's just I don't allow myself to take things personally. I have over 50 - 100 people I am in charge of nightly, and they are sometimes not happy with the way I run things where I work, and therefore I need to have broad shoulders so I do not snap at them or take things personally. So when it is suggested that I might be Peed off about complaining about a leisurly post that I do on my spare time that is not really a correct assessment. I hope you all like this thread, and if anything dissappoints you about it then I hope to rectify it somehow, however for me it's just a simple thing, I post, you vote, I count, and the process repeats itself. Not simple, not complicated, just good fellowship. With that said, why don't we just get down to the nitty gritty as Nacho Libre would say.

BEST
Asajj Ventress (Animated Clone Wars) 8
Anakin Skywalker (Animated Clone Wars) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Animated Clone Wars) 5
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Animated Clone Wars) 3
Anakin Skywalker (Animated Clone Wars) 1

Jaff
12-13-2006, 09:07 AM
2003 Run-Off

Cast aside your anxious waiting, 2003 is over. It’s time to pick one out of this big list. Good Luck picking a winner, and a looser.

BEST
Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp - Saga)
Sandtrooper Gray Pauldron (Troop builder set)
Lama Su and Clone Boy (Saga)
Deluxe Spider Droid Tied
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying Tied
Yoda and Chian
Snowtrooper (Saga)
R3-A2 (Battle of Hoth 4-pack)
Rodian Jedi Knight (Clone Wars)
Wat Tambor (Saga) Tied
Coleman Trebor (Saga) Tied
R5-D2 (Star Tours)
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossis War Room 1)
Kitik Keed’kak (Cantina Bar)
Red ARC Trooper (Clone Wars)
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council #2)
Padme (Lars Homestead - Saga)
Super Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)
Luke Skywalker Hoth (Saga)
R1-G4 (SAGA) Tied
Wampa (Ultra) Tied
Asajj Ventress (Animated)

WORST
Obi-Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle (Saga)
Anakin Skywalker (Swoop Bike)
R2D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga)
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying Tied
Deluxe Super Battle Droid Tied
Chewbacca Mynock Hunt (Saga)
Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Saga)
Princess Leia Hoth (Battle of Hoth 4-pack)
Twi’lek Jedi Knight (Clone Wars)
Emperor Palpatine (Saga)
SK-Z38 (Star Tours)
Count Dooku (Geonossis War Room 1)
Dr. Evezan (Cantina Bar)
Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars)
Depa Billaba (Jedi Council #2)
Ayy Vida (Saga)
Mace Windu (Clone Wars)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (Saga)
C-3PO (Ultra)
Mace Windu (Animated)

Which is first, and which is worst?

Jaff
12-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Here’s my list of the competitive BEST
Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp - Saga) - One of the best Tusken’s ever, but I think the OTC version paint job was really cool, and the VOTC version is the Best, so this one doesn’t get the prize.
Wat Tambor (Saga) - This is one of my favorite figures. Don’t ask me why, I just love the dude. I don’t know why I love IG-88 either, but I do. In fact IG and Zuckuss are my two favorite characters in SW, so why do I feel this way about this one? I don’t know!!!!!
Poggle the Lesser (Geonossis War Room 1) - The updated version is better.
Kitik Keed’kak (Cantina Bar) - O.K., she’s a limited articulated bug which makes her fair. I like her, but is she the best of 2003, I think not.
Yarael Poof (Jedi Council #2) - Nice unique figure, worthy of high mention.
Padme (Lars Homestead - Saga) - If her gray robe fit better and her head didn’t pop off every time you put her in it she might have been a contender.
Super Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) - The clone trooper is exactly what a army builder should be like. This was one great figure for 2003 and today. Yet I love my colored troopers more. Judging the best of the year is one tough vote, and I have no doubt that this fig might take the prize.
Luke Skywalker Hoth (Saga) - This is a superior Luke with many uses. He does have a string neck though, and that takes away some of his thunder.
R1-G4 (SAGA) - Wow! It’s a statue, but a statue we thought would never see the light of day. Yet it’s not the best.

BEST of 2003 - Clone Trooper is tugging at me. The Tusken, Wat, and R1 are really my favorites of this year. The unique prize goes to R1, Wat gets the cool character prize, Clone gets the articulation prize, and Tusken gets the pose prize. Whoever I pick I will not be satisfied because all these are tied IMO. However I’ve been staring at these 4 figs for a few minutes, and I just keep looking at R1. I know he is the biggest long shot, but R1-G4 is my genuine favorite of 2003.

Here’s my worst list:
Of all of the figs only two jump right out at me.
Anakin Skywalker (Swoop Bike) - This fig is embarrassing. It’s so over the top, I am wondering if it was made this bad on purpose. His face expression is a real issue. I’m not sure that I can refrain from voting this one as the worst.
R2D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) - So he’s the worst R2 ever made next to the Lightsaber (Flashback) version. He has no use but to dangle on a string..... Still you can dangle him on a string and he looks like R2. He doesn’t look as terrible as Anakin

Anakin gets the Worst of 2003. This fig is just garbage of the lowest caliber!

dindae
12-13-2006, 09:21 AM
BEST
Super Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) - this was a landmark figure. It showed just how cool a figure could be and is the benchmark of articulation. When we think of "SA" it is because of this figure.

WORST
Emperor Palpatine (Saga) - This figure could have been really good had it not been for the afro hood. The reason that this made the worst me is that this figure has continued to be release with the horrific error time and time again.

pegger
12-13-2006, 10:21 AM
For best - it's a toss up between the SA clone trooper and R1.

SA trooper set new standards in articulation...

R1 was just a perfectly sculpted version of the character.

So... I'm going to say R1. While I love the articulation of the trooper - I have to go with perfect sculpting as the winner.

Worst - R2-D2 (factory flight) garbage on a string.

El Chuxter
12-13-2006, 11:41 AM
My personal faves aren't here, but from the list:

Best: Yoda and Chian

Worst: R2-D2 on a string

Tycho
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Best: SA Clone Trooper (was there any doubt?) Well truthfully, Coleman Trebor, the Tusken Raider from the campfire, Luke Hoth, Wat Tambor, Padme from the Lars Homestead, the ARC Trooper, R1-G4, the Ultra Wampa - there were a few good ones that give me pause. This wasn't a bad year. But a single figure I could use over 40 of seems like a good deal.

Worst: this wasn't extremely easy to figure out either. The Obi-Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle (Saga) makes obscene gestures. The Anakin Skywalker (Swoop Bike) I'm ashamed to display but I needed that bike. The R2D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga) didn't come with Happy Meal. The Deluxe Super Battle Droid really wasn't a figure, but I could sniff the PlayDoh and the droid factory part was very useful for a diorama. The Chewbacca Mynock Hunt (Saga) was very useless. Luke Skywalker Throne Room (Saga) looked like a cave man, but they never made Fred and Barney to add to this collectible. I'll let Chewie and Luke off the hook because I didn't have to buy them, and thus I DIDN'T buy them. I'll vote Anakin Swoop Bike because I had to buy that turd to get Owen's bike.

Slicker
12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Best: Wat Tambor

Worst: SA Clone. He's the reason why all of these fan boys are never happy therefore he's my worst figure. Eat it.

sebillba
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
The tie between R1-G4 and Wampa was broken by Mr Jabbajohn, and Wampa came out victorious, so strictly speaking, R1 shouldn't be in the year-end final..........

Best - WAMPA

Worst - toss up between swoop Anakin and Happy Meal R2... I never bothered to get Anakin... I did buy R2 and wish I hadn't wasted my money, so R2 gets it.

dindae
12-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Worst: SA Clone. He's the reason why all of these fan boys are never happy therefore he's my worst figure. Eat it.

He's not the reason fan boys are unhappy. Fan boys are unhappy because they can't get laid and have no social skills. The figure is just a catalyst. :yes:

Slicker
12-13-2006, 03:30 PM
He's not the reason fan boys are unhappy. Fan boys are unhappy because they can't get laid and have no social skills. The figure is just a catalyst. :yes:LMAO! (yes I said it) that's gotta be post of the day material.

El Chuxter
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
But what about Slicker?

That describes him, and yet he does not consider himself to be a fanboy.

:confused:

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrn, got u good!!

Kidhuman
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Best: Tusken Ambush

Worst: R2 crap2

Bosskman
12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Best - R1
Worst - DF R2

TheDarthVader
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
best wat tambor
worst r2 d2 with a tampon &

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
BEST - SA Clone Trooper.

WORST - R2 Droid Factory Flight

General_Grievous
12-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Best: SA Clone

Worst: Droid Factory R2

Darth Jax
12-13-2006, 09:09 PM
best - red ARC trooper
worst - i actually don't much care for the SA clone, but obi (acklay battle) was the worst of the year.

tagmac
12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Best: Wat Tambor. The figure just looked awesome, and the control panel with hologram was a great addition.

Worst: SK-Z38. This thing just looked ridiculous, and it's an insult to be considered a part of the Star Wars universe.

Jaff
12-14-2006, 08:14 AM
The tie between R1-G4 and Wampa was broken by Mr Jabbajohn, and Wampa came out victorious, so strictly speaking, R1 shouldn't be in the year-end final..........

Best - WAMPA

Worst - toss up between swoop Anakin and Happy Meal R2... I never bothered to get Anakin... I did buy R2 and wish I hadn't wasted my money, so R2 gets it.

There is truth in Sebillba's discovery. With that said, the Wampa is available for anyone to pick. If you feel the desire to change your vote that is O.K., I will not post a new poll or the results of this poll for 24 hours to give some time for any changes if anyone needs to do so.

Kidhuman
12-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I honestly dotn think it matters as the SA clone appears to have run away with it right now

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Best - Wat Tambor (Geonosis War Room)
Worst - R2-D2 (Droid Factory Flight)

Jaff
12-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Well this is a first for the year end poll. We have a tie between two figures: Wat Tambor, and SA Clone Trooper. Each has received 4 votes. R2-D2 strongly commands no respect as the worst fig of this group. Here are the tallies thus far.....

BEST
R1-G4 (Saga) 3
Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) 4
Yoda and Chian (Saga) 1
Wat Tambor (Saga) 4
Wampa (Saga) 1
Tusken Raider Camp Ambush (Saga) 1
Red ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) 1

WORST
Anakin Skywalker (Swoop Bike) 2
Emperor Palpatine (Saga) 1
R2-D2 Droid Factory (Saga) 9
Articulated Clone Trooper (Clone Wars) 1
Obi-Wan Acklay Battle (Saga) 1
SK-Z38 (Star Tours) 1

As it stands we must break the tie between Wat and SA in order to go on. There can only be one year end winner. So anyone who voted for any other figure besides Wat or SA Clone for the best must now choose one of the two. In twenty four hours I will post again, hopefully the first wave of figures in 2004.

I will choose Wat Tambor. He is way more interesting than the SA Clone Trooper, besides originally I was interested in voting for this one because he is just a cool character.

Tycho
12-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I choose The Super-Articulated Clone Trooper with the full backing of the Grand Army of the Republic against your illegal Separatist rebellion!

"I love democracy. I love the Republic. When this crisis has abated I will lay down the powers you have granted me. In my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Republic to counter the increasing Separatist threat."

sebillba
12-15-2006, 11:09 AM
I will choose Wat Tambor. He is way more interesting than the SA Clone Trooper.

I couldn't agree more.

Kidhuman
12-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Bah, I hate ties, Wat for me.

Battle Droid
12-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Best: Wat Tambor

Worst: Happy Meal R2-D2.

Darth Jax
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
i didn't really care for either wat or SA clone so i can't help break the tie, neither of them are that great a fig to me.

TheDarthVader
12-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I am going to pick Wat Tambor.

Bosskman
12-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Wat Tambor is the best of the two IMO.

Jaff
12-16-2006, 07:44 AM
You know, I never thought Wat had a chance, but he slaughtered the SA Clone Trooper in the Tie breaker, and the Battle Droid even pushed him over the TIE by his vote in the regular poll. I cannot believe it! One of the last polls I did in my 2003 year end during 2004 had the SA Clone Trooper as the winner. Time really does change the effects of figure perceptions.

So Here they are once again, the best of the years...

BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo “Bespin Capture” (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)
2004 - ?

WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga)
2004 - ?

Jaff
12-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Another wave of Clone Wars figures was released at the start of 2004, and once again they were Target exclusives.

1/04
Animated Clone Wars: Clonetrooper (Target Exclusive)
Animated Clone Wars: Yoda (Target Exclusive)
Animated Clone Wars: Durge (Target Exclusive)
Animated Clone Wars: Count Dooku (Target Exclusive)

So which is your worst, and which is the best?

Animated Clone Wars: Clonetrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedClone.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Yoda
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedYoda.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Durge
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedDurge.asp
Animated Clone Wars: Count Dooku
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedDooku.asp

Jaff
12-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Animated Clone Wars: Clonetrooper - This fig looks like a clone trooper, and amidst thirty or forty clone figures it might blend in.
Animated Clone Wars: Yoda - A lot of ridged lines on this figure. I’m sure he looks cool to many, but like most of the Animated Clone Wars toys I have a real hard time swallowing the detailing.
Animated Clone Wars: Durge - And interesting, if not, puffed out torso fig. It looks better than most animated figs.
Animated Clone Wars: Count Dooku - Dooku doesn’t look that bad compared to Yoda. At least he’s fairly neutral.

BEST - Clonetrooper

WORST - Yoda

sebillba
12-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Best - YODA.... I'm a big Yoda fan, and thought this was kind of cool. It's the only animated figure I was interested in, and the only one I ever bought

Worst - CLONE TROOPER.... just a boring looking figure.

Tycho
12-16-2006, 11:27 AM
BEST: Dooku - was pretty interesting and articulated enough as was necessary for the character.

I liked Yoda, too.

WORST: Durge - for a very action oriented character, Durge was extremely lacking in articulation. I know that wasn't really the point with the animated figures, but I would've liked more effort being made with Durge anyway. This could have been a better figure than his realistic counterpart figure, but it was not to be.

I think anti-Clone sentiment from oversaturation took the SA Clone down in the last poll. There was no respect for the CW SA model which was the original. Sad. I note with slight irritation that he was given only 22 hours, not 24!

El Chuxter
12-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Best: Dooku

Least best: Yoda

pegger
12-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Best: Yoda - looks just like the cartoon!!!!

Worst; Dooku - He's just dull.

Bosskman
12-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Not gonna vote on these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Though I don't have Yoda, I'll still vote.

Best - Clone Trooper
Worst - Durge, he's always leaning forward.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't have any, but will vote based on the photos.

I like the Clone and Dooku. The clone looks like it could fit in with the regular clones and not stand out too much. Dooku is fairly neutral and I like the way the cape looks.

I tend to not like Yoda figures, and his pose here doesn't help much, but I do like the way he is animated compared to other characters in the series, and this figure captures that look very well. That makes it easy to pick Durge as worst.

BEST - Dooku
WORST - Durge

Darth Jax
12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
worst - durge, even without considering how annoying the character was the figure is horrible.

best - clone

dindae
12-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Best - Yoda
Worst - Durge

Jaff
12-17-2006, 02:05 AM
BEST: Dooku - was pretty interesting and articulated enough as was necessary for the character.

I liked Yoda, too.

WORST: Durge - for a very action oriented character, Durge was extremely lacking in articulation. I know that wasn't really the point with the animated figures, but I would've liked more effort being made with Durge anyway. This could have been a better figure than his realistic counterpart figure, but it was not to be.

I think anti-Clone sentiment from oversaturation took the SA Clone down in the last poll. There was no respect for the CW SA model which was the original. Sad. I note with slight irritation that he was given only 22 hours, not 24!

Your irritation is over your emotions, not the reality of the results.

16 people voted in the clone wars wave. After the first run
4 voted for Wat
4 voted for SA Clone

In the tie breaker 8 people (you and I not included) could have broken the tie, unless someone who never voted on this poll showed up, which happens only once every month or so.

5 of the 8 voted for Wat.

By the final results there were
9 votes for Wat
4 for SA Clone

2 or 22 hours extra on the poll would have a miniscule chance (if that) of having SA clone win the year end. So accept it and go on. Sometimes individuals favorite figs don't win.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2006, 02:13 AM
Perhaps they were like me and had never actually seen this so-called SA Clone Trooper. Unlike me however, they couldn't vote for a figure they didn't believe existed. Of course, the reason for that belief is that Tycho has them all.

Jaff
12-18-2006, 03:20 AM
A small turnout for Clone Wars figs has resulted in a tie between Yoda and Dooku. Still Durge managed to claim the worst spot.

BEST
Clonetrooper (Animated Clone Wars) 2
Yoda (Animated Clone Wars) 3
Count Dooku (Animated Clone Wars) 3
Durge (Animated Clone Wars) 1

WORST
Yoda (Animated Clone Wars) 2
Clonetrooper (Animated Clone Wars) 2
Durge (Animated Clone Wars) 4
Count Dooku (Animated Clone Wars) 1

Jaff
12-18-2006, 03:23 AM
The first film wave of figures released in 2004 included some highly anticipated Jabba palace figures. They were not impossible to find, yet the effect of finding them caused much drool to occur.

2/04 Saga Stripe #7/04 Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
Saga Stripe #8/04 Shawda Ubb (Rappertunnie)
Saga Stripe #9/04 J’Quille
Saga Stripe #11/04 Holographic Luke Skywalker
Saga Stripe #10/04 Tanus Spijek

So which is your best and worst?

Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0407landoskiff.asp
Shawda Ubb (Rappertunnie)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0408rappertunie.asp
J’Quille
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0409jquille.asp
Holographic Luke Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0411lukehologram.asp
Tanus Spijek
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0410tanusspijek.asp

Jaff
12-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard - You never really realize how good a remake can be until you see this figure. The improvement over this Lando and the POTF version are leaps and bounds. The only disappointment I have with this figure is that his weapon is so bendable, that I try not to display the figure with it, even though it looks weak without it.
Shawda Ubb (Rappertunnie) - I’m not a fan of the new ROTJ music number, but Shawda is one incredible figure. This fig is just so unique, and it really has some magnificent detail. Unlike the Luke hologram, I go out of my way to display this figure!
J’Quille - I can’t believe they made a whipid. That is completely awesome. Can you imagine what it will look like when they make Umpass, and Yarna. This fig really excited me, just like Tanus did. Completely awesome.
Holographic Luke Skywalker - Saying this fig is the worst of this bunch is an understatement. Not only did it not look like a hologram, but the paint ap seemed lazy and without thought. I display this fig very rarely, and when I do it’s never in a Jabba diorama.
Tanus Spijek - Skunkback is pretty cool, even though he is the just a retooled J’Quille. Before this fig came out I never noticed him that much. It’s great to get background characters because they make you see new things in the trilogy all the time.

BEST - Rappertunnie, with Lando as a close second.

WORST - Do I even need to say Holographic Luke.

Tycho
12-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard - I didn't buy this figure as I didn't need a resculpt. The first Lando Skiff is actually quite good. It irked me that they've resculpted all 3 Lando outfits now, without ever making his Smuggler's Gear figure from the end of ESB, or a SOTE Guard Disguise figure for the EU and just for the heck of it. The head sculpt is nice though. The working holsters started to get rather noticably large at this point though. Han Cantina was perfect. Now they've added Miracle Grow...

Shawda Ubb (Rappertunnie) - This is a fun figure. It wasn't necessary to do the whole Special Edition Band, but we already had Jabba's Dancers 3-pack at this point, and Rappertunnie turned into a wonderful and unique figures. I’m not a fan of the new ROTJ music number also. But the figure really adds to any Max Rebo Band display.

J’Quille - This is one of my favorite Jabba's Palace aliens, but not Jabba's Palace figures. J'Quille should actually be larger. I think it's the other way around: they didn't reuse the Whipid's sculpt for the Elom, rather they reused the smaller Elom's sculpt for the Whipid. It was great to get them both though. I never dreamt we'd see that. So I was quite happy and went Whipid "army building" if you will.

Holographic Luke Skywalker - This one is crap. I prefer the all-blue molding for Holograms. I'm sure they "had to try the color" but they failed and I'm glad to see they went back to the all-blue. They could even redo Luke Jedi this way now - though I don't need him. This figure is easily the worst. Along with Lando, I didn't buy him.

Tanus Spijek - Another figure I was very glad to get. And he has a tail! The sculpt is perfect and I really like how this figure was produced.

BEST - Tanus Spijek, with Rappertunnie as a close second - just not as useful to me. It's a very close call.

WORST - Holographic Luke.

sebillba
12-18-2006, 05:30 AM
Best - I was really happy to get all the Jabba's Palace aliens, but RAPPERTUNIE beats the others hands down - a really fun, colourful figure, perfect sculpt, great accessory, I just love this guy!

Worst - HOLO LUKE... I'm not a big fan of holo figures, they're kind of a lazy excuse for a new figure IMO, especially when released so hot on the heels of the regular version, as this one was. And this is worse than normal holos - the paint apps just don't work at all.

Bosskman
12-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Best - Tanus Spijek, or as I like to call him, Elom the Mole

Worst - Hologram Luke

I'd like to note that Rappertunie is a very good figure. I diplay the SE band stuff apart from Jabba's palace, but I think he's a pretty sharp figure, and a lot bigger than I imagined him to be.

Tycho
12-18-2006, 06:06 AM
I diplay the SE band stuff apart from Jabba's palace.

Me, too! I used the Jabba's Palace Cardboard diorama, but I cut it up and re-arranged it as I do the scene where Luke uses the Force to grab that guard's gun and threatens Jabba with it (the instant before Jabba drops him to the Rancor). So I needed to arrange the whole scene from the side so you look down Luke's gun barrel.

If you were actually there, you'd have Sy Snootle's point of view of the whole thing (except the band wasn't playing when Luke entered). So I saw no need to display these figures' backs, and thus set up a different band scene that also lets me present Leia Boussh delivering Chewie in chains from that angle (though they are inaccurately backed up to the band stage in my version, but what the heck).

In any case, I hope to one day add Ak-Rev and Umpuss Stay to this diorama. Lyn Mae, Rystall, and Greeta are already there, and I place Oola in there as I lack a place to otherwise display her, as Slave Leia takes her place in the above mentioned throne room diorama when Luke draws the gun.

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 07:10 AM
I didnt think it was possible to improve upon the Lando Skiff but they did. These were a wave of good figs all around.

Best - Lando Skiff

Worst - Luke Holo

Darth Jax
12-18-2006, 08:20 AM
best - lando
worst - luke

pegger
12-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Best - Lando

Worst - Luke...

dindae
12-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Best Rappertunie - great unique character and Hasbro did a fine job on it.

Worst Luke - only because it is a holo of a sculpt I already have. However this is one of the most useful holos since it is actually the scale it should be.

This was a great wave and not a bad figure in the bunch. Lando was great but since I already had a decent one I wasn't as excited about it. J’Quille and Tanus Spijek were great but were too similar so they split my vote.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-18-2006, 10:14 AM
These were all pretty good figures. Lando was an excellent resculpt with good articulation. I actually kind of like this sort of holo figure for Luke, though it sounds like this is something they would use only for spirits from now on. He is nicely articulated as well, but comes with an unnecessary lightsaber for this scene.

Rappertunnie was a well done figure with a nice base to sit on. I just don't like the character that much. The other two aliens are nice additions, but too similar to each other. I was looking at these the other day in anticipation of this round of voting, and I don't think I had realized the Elom's skunk back before. I also noticed what looks like boobies on the front. Also, points off for these being the same basic sculpt.

BEST - Lando
WORST - Tanus Spijek

El Chuxter
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Best: Lando Griffin

Worst: Jell-O Luke

(Though a special Dishonorable Mention needs to go to Tanus and J'Quille for being exactly the same figure with two different heads. Thanks to Luke, though, this was, by far, not the worst figure.)

Rogue II
12-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Best: Lando
Worst: Holo-Luke

TheDarthVader
12-18-2006, 01:22 PM
best lando
worst luke

tagmac
12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Didn't vote in the last group since I never did get any of the Clone wars cartoon figs, but I'm back for this one.

Best: Lando Skiff Guard. This was an excellent re-do of an already good figure. Rappertunie is a close second here.

Worst: Holo Luke. I really didn't think this figure was that bad, but it was clearly the worst of this group.

And while I think J'Quille and Tanus Spijek were both good figures, the fact that these were the same figure but with a different head disqualifies them from either vote for me.

dindae
12-18-2006, 03:22 PM
J'Quille and Tanus Spijek are more than just different head sculpts. They have different chest, hips, and hands as well. The only things that are the same would be the legs and arms. Still very similar though.

Bosskman
12-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Tycho,

I keep Max Rebo, Droopy and Snootles together with the rest of the Jabba's Palace stuff, and have the dancers, Barquin, Doda, and Rappertunie together on a different shelf. I don't think they fit in at all with Jabba's Palace and I hate the Jedi Rocks abomination so I decided that they should be on their own. Good figures, just not good enough for Jabba's Palace. I hope one day the original Sy Snootles will be made and then I can melt the garbage SE one in the microwave like I did with Joh Yowza.

Jaff
12-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Lando had a slow start for the best votes, but surprisingly took the gold. Luke was one vote short of unanomous garbage.

BEST
Rappertunie (Saga) 3
Tanus Spijek (Saga) 2
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga) 8

WORST
Luke Skywalker Hologram (Saga) 12
Tanus Spijek (Saga) 1

Jaff
12-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Another excellent wave made 2004 look like the holy grail year of collecting. This would soon pass as we were in store for the most rehashed year ever where figures were concerned.

2/04
Saga Stripe #12/04 General Jan Dadonna
Saga Stripe #13/04 Dutch Vander: Gold Leader
Saga Stripe #14/04 TIE Fighter Pilot
Saga Stripe #15/04 Captain Antilles

General Jan Dadonna
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0412dodonna.asp
Dutch Vander: Gold Leader
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0413goldleader.asp
TIE Fighter Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0414tiepilot.asp
Captain Antilles
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0415captainantilles.asp

Jaff
12-19-2006, 02:05 AM
General Jan Dadonna - I remember Tycho had a signature in 2004 that read: Dadonna and Antillies, coming 2004, leadership that’s real. I don’t know what jazzed me more about getting Dadonna, the actual figure, or the anticipation that grew in me because of reading Tycho’s signature for months on end. The fig was no disappointment. It really had the likeness down.
Dutch Vander: Gold Leader - This pilot literally created a new standard in the rebel pilots. It outclassed every pilot figure to date, and no one thought Porkins could have been topped. Needless to say every pilot made without the detail of this one was shunned unless it met that standard.
TIE Fighter Pilot - Although this pilot was clearly better than the first version, I still felt the first one released was fine. I bought at least ten of these, and this fig is nice, it can’t stand on it’s own very well because it’s so top heavy which was a bit annoying though.
Captain Antilles - Sweeeeetttt! This fig rocks, and is great for displaying with the SAGA Bespin Duel Darth. I use one of the tiny rubber bands that comes with most figures and display Darth lifting him up by the neck. It’s way too cool.

BEST - Dutch Vander really blows away the competition. I find it hard to believe he won’t make a challenging run for the best of the year. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jan and Antilles, but this fig was beyond expectations, even by today’s standards.

WORST - TIE Pilot, this is a great figure, but is the worst of the bunch.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-19-2006, 02:41 AM
A great wave. Three new characters and an excellent remake.

It was about time we got General Dadonna. He was quite prominent at the end, giving the pilots their briefing and standing with Leia as they watched the progress of the final battle. However, this figure comes with a gun that doesn't seem designed to fit his hand. I had K-3PO holding it, but I just gave it back to him and got it to stay for now.

Also great to get Antilles, though he doesn't look right. He doesn't seem old enough. Still, a fine figure to have.

I concur with Jaff that Dutch Vander set the standard for X-Wing figures. Only the SA improvements of the VTSC Luke would make this better. One complaint though, is that the gray strap seems to get in the way of bending his knees. Also, I just had a heck of a time trying to take his helmet off. A great character to get though.

TIE Fighter Pilot is an excellent remake. It was probably the figure I was least excited about since it was a remake. However, the POTF2 TIE Pilot was one of the first figures I opened, and oversized guns that didn't seem to fit his hands well combined with not being able to stand very well made a bad impression on me. This one has some trouble standing, but he has a more in scale gun that fits right. The articulation on it is good as well, with no strap in the way of the knees.

BEST - TIE Pilot
WORST - Dadonna

Tycho
12-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Dang this is a great wave of figures. I might shock Jaff by not voting for Dodonna, while I did strongly support him in the Fans' Choice Poll. I'll take you through my reasoning, but bluntly Dodonna was the figure from these 4 that I could use the most (2 of for my scenes - Ceremony and Yavin Tactical Command), but he did not come out as the best figure in terms of manufacturing and paint application. Still, I am so glad to have him and I'm glad my old signature done "Campaign Style" was fun for someone. I'd forgotten about that. Heh.

Anyway:

General Jan Dadonna - It's great to have a couple of his figures and he's very useful in completing several of my coolest Rebel Alliance scenes. Finally, after nearly 30 years of wanting a figure of him! I'm pleased to be reminded to acknowledge him again in Jaff's poll.

Dutch Vander: Gold Leader -
This pilot literally created a new standard in the rebel pilots. It outclassed every pilot figure to date, and no one thought Porkins could have been topped. Needless to say every pilot made without the detail of this one was shunned unless it met that standard. Completely well said and identical to my thoughts, too. However, I didn't need Dutch. I loved him and bought him anyway to add to my Yavin Rebel Base scene. (My top choices for Rebel pilots not made are Hobbie and Janson, and a resculpt of Garven Dreis (Red Leader) but that's for another time). Dutch was a great figure. He just doesn't get as many points because he wasn't what I was looking for but I did like him anyway.

TIE Fighter Pilot - This is the only one I skipped. I didn't need any TIE Pilots and there wasn't significant difference between this sculpt and the 1996 on to warrant any purchsing on my part. OK, he had bending knees. I was going to do what with that feature? Stand him up straight anyway?

Captain Antilles - Finally! Captain Antilles came out the best of this wave without a doubt. Many of you know I built my own 5 foot long Rebel Blockade Runner (it was packed up and put in storage when I was hospitalized, but it seems to be intact). How I wanted a captain for my ship! The removeable helmet and his jacket and detail is great. I really like how this figure came out and I always wanted him (along with Rebel Fleet Troopers - and now they have their captain!

BEST - Captain (Raymus?) (or Colton?) Antilles

WORST - TIE Pilot

Bosskman
12-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Best - TIE Pilot (I liked the first TIE Pilot too, but this one is beautiful - WAY different from the first release)

Worst - Dodonna (I like him, I like all the figures in this wave, but I had to pick a worst, and while the other 3 are perfect, I gotta frig with my Dodonna's legs to get him to stand)

Kidhuman
12-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Best - Dutch

Worst - Antillies

sebillba
12-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Four good, solid, well-sculpted figures, but nothing to really excite me here.

Best - ANTILLES

Worst - DODONNA

Darth Jax
12-19-2006, 08:20 AM
best TIE pilot
worst antilles

pegger
12-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Best - Dutch. Exactly for the same reasons Jaff and Tycho used. This figure set the bar for rebel pilots.

Worst - This is tough, but I'm going to say Dadonna. He can't hold his gun!!!

dindae
12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Best - Dutch - great figure in every way
Worst - Dodonna - still a good figure but the like pegger stated he has issues holding his gun.

tagmac
12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Best: Dutch Vander. Definitely an awesome sculpt, one that has since wisely been utilized for all the pilot figures.

Worst: TIE Fighter Pilot. With so many out there as pack-ins, this didn't do anything for me.

Rogue II
12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Best: Dutch Vander

Worst: TIE Pilot

Jaff
12-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Dadonna and TIE pilot were really close for the worst, but in the end Dadonna squezed into the looser slot.

BEST
Dutch Vander (Saga) 6
TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga) 3
Captain Antilles (Saga) 2

WORST
TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga) 4
Captain Antilles (Saga) 2
General Dadonna (Saga) 5

Jaff
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
The last two Saga waves had many rehashed figures, and some new figs like General Madine, which was yet another vintage figure that could be crossed off the list.

3/04 - Saga Stripe #16/04 Admiral Ozzel
Saga Stripe #17/04 Dengar
Saga Stripe #18/04 Bossk
4/04 - Saga Stripe #19/04 Han Solo as AT-ST Driver
Saga Stripe #20/04 General Madine
Saga Stripe #21/04 General Lando Calrissian

Saga Stripe #16/04 Admiral Ozzel
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0416ozzel.asp
Saga Stripe #17/04 Dengar
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0417dengar.asp
Saga Stripe #18/04 Bossk
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0418bossk.asp
Saga Stripe #19/04 Han Solo as AT-ST Driver
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0419hansoloatst.asp
Saga Stripe #20/04 General Madine
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0420generalmadine.asp
Saga Stripe #21/04 General Lando Calrissian
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0421landogeneral.asp

Jaff
12-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Admiral Ozzel - Yes, he can’t stand, but who cares, by this time I had bought over 200 clear stands because only 50% of the SW figures were being produced with the ability to stand. This is one of my favorite Imperial Officers made to date. It even blows away current officers like Moff J.
Dengar - This is the best, most impressively detailed bounty hunter made to date IMO. This is one of my favorite figures of 2004.
Bossk - The new Bossk only slightly improved the original. What’s going against this fig in my eyes is Dutch Vander. Vander set a new standard. His flight straps really made the figure perfect. Why did Hasbro not utilize this quality on this Bossk figure. So it’s a looser in my book. When they release the VOTC Bossk I will be salivating if they use Vander‘s quality.
Han Solo as AT-ST Driver - Why make a Han AT-ST Driver fig, I simply call this fig AT-ST Driver, and bought 10 of them. It’s a nice fig, but not a big deal for me.
General Madine - Madine is a big deal for me. He’s perfect, a vintage figure, and is one of my favorite rebel generals. He is too cool for school.
General Lando Calrissian - This awesome remake even had a holster for his chest gun. What can be better than that?

BEST - Dengar, I couldn’t pick another. His detail and pose is absolutely wonderful.

WORST - Bossk...This fig just barely improves the POTF version.

pegger
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
This is a tough wave. Ozzel and Madine were fantastic new figs. Dengar and Lando were fantastic resculpts...Han, while unnecessary makes a great AT-ST driver!

The only "loser" in the group was Bossk...and even he is real good...just not a major improvement over the old version.

I'm gonna have to say Ozzel for best - because he's an imp officer, has the perfect stance, and is one of my favorite imperials. I love this figure. I hope the Death Star breifing room set is as good as this fig.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Another fine batch of figures.

Admiral Ozzel - Yes, he can’t stand, but who cares, by this time I had bought over 200 clear stands because only 50% of the SW figures were being produced with the ability to stand. This is one of my favorite Imperial Officers made to date. It even blows away current officers like Moff J.My Ozzel stands just find, but I'll agree that he is as good or better than Jerjerrod.

Dengar - This is the best, most impressively detailed bounty hunter made to date IMO. This is one of my favorite figures of 2004.

Bossk - The new Bossk only slightly improved the original. What’s going against this fig in my eyes is Dutch Vander. Vander set a new standard. His flight straps really made the figure perfect. Why did Hasbro not utilize this quality on this Bossk figure. So it’s a looser in my book. When they release the VOTC Bossk I will be salivating if they use Vander‘s quality.
I had not opened these two bounty hunters until just now since I had the older versions on display with the rest of the bounty hunters. Dengar is a definite improvement. Better articulation, a backpack, and he can stand on his own. Bossk has some improved articulation, but his pose is less neutral and he has a bit more trouble standing on his own compared to the POTF2 figure.

Han Solo as AT-ST Driver - Why make a Han AT-ST Driver fig, I simply call this fig AT-ST Driver, and bought 10 of them. It’s a nice fig, but not a big deal for me.I like this figure pretty well. Articulation and sculpt is pretty close to the Ozzel figure. The removeable helmet is nice. Also, if you raise his left hand to his face, you can make it look like he is picking his nose.

General Madine - Madine is a big deal for me. He’s perfect, a vintage figure, and is one of my favorite rebel generals. He is too cool for school.
I didn't find him until he was on the OTC card. A long awaited character to get. A good sculpt, and the univeral jointed elbows gives this figure the best articulation of the wave.

General Lando Calrissian - This awesome remake even had a holster for his chest gun. What can be better than that?
Agreed. A great improvement over the wide-stanced POTF2 version.

BEST - General Madine. Of the two new characters in this bunch, he was better than Ozzel.

WORST - Bossk for the same reasons as Jaff.

Darth Jax
12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
best - dengar
worst- han AT-ST. we get this figure, but are still waiting on luke/han stormie.

ozzel and madine are good. bossk is ok since he's a bounty hunter, though really not any different than previous ones. lando general was definite improvement, but where's lando smuggler???

Tycho
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
I so agree with Darth Jax: where is Lando Smuggler? We've had a resculpt of all 3 mainstream Lando figures, and he only wore 4 outfits in all the movies, but they've never made him from the end of ESB, which is also how he was portrayed for part of SOTE.

Admiral Ozzel - He was good. I actually bought him though he was not on my wish list, but he doesn't do anything for me. Using his body to create Admiral Palleon would be nice though.

Dengar - Perfect. I loved this figure even though he's a resculpt.

Bossk - I skipped this one. He's nice though.

Han Solo as AT-ST Driver - We have no info that suggests Han wore a full uniform or had time to put one on. He donned the helmet and used a hand comm and then you only saw him over the viewscreen. They obviously made this figure so they could re-issue it with different head sculpts. But I don't think we've seen that happen yet.

General Madine - Madine is perfect, a vintage figure that needed to be redone for the modern collection, and is one of the best Rebel generals. He's a good figure. This was a good year for figures.

General Lando Calrissian - Actually still has a wider than usual stance. His gun holster is cool, but huge. Lando suffers from the same problem his skiff guard figure does: they suddenly started making functional holsters too large!

BEST - Dengar - easily a winner here, though Madine gets honorably mentioned.

WORST - Bossk...This fig just barely improves the 1997 version, so it really didn't need to be done. I didn't buy it so I don't know: Is he super-articulated? That might be cool for Bossk. BTW - Han was a choice here, but everything but the head is reuseable for a great new Imperial, so I'll give them points for that.

tagmac
12-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Best: General Madine. This was a really nice figure, and the articulation allowed for a great, movie-accurate pose.

Worst: Bossk, only because it was completely unnecessary, being hardly any different from the previous version. Han Solo comes in second here, because while it looked good, it really wasn't needed, and like Tycho said, it's doubtful Han ever wore the full outfit for all of those 2 minutes before he was back on the ground in his regular outfit.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-21-2006, 12:17 AM
WORST - Bossk...This fig just barely improves the 1997 version, so it really didn't need to be done. I didn't buy it so I don't know: Is he super-articulated? That might be cool for Bossk.More articulated than the POTF2 version, but not SA. Same type of elbows as Han and Ozzel, plus rotating forearms and feet.

Kidhuman
12-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Best - Dengar

Worst - Bossk

Bosskman
12-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Best - Madine (although I'm torn between him and Dengar)

Worst - Han (I cannot pick Bossk. He's awesome, and I need 2 Bossks anyways (1 for ESB, 1 for Jabba's Palace).

All good figures in this wave.

sebillba
12-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Best - My favourite from this lot is Bossk, by a long way. He's one of my favourite characters, the POTF figure was awesome, and this is even better - it might not be a huge improvement, but it's still an upgrade, and until we get the VOTC this remains one of my favourite figures. However, it seems like choosing him here as best would be a wasted vote, so I'll go for DENGAR instead.

Worst - AT-ST HAN... for all the reasons already mentioned, plus mine had a sloppy paintjob, so loses more points. Also, I don't much like accessories that are sculpted as part of the hand.

dindae
12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Another good wave

Best - Ozzel great figure all around.

Worst - I'm going to go with Han. I didn't really think the likeness was that good.

Bossk was a good looking figure but only marginally better than the previous version some improved articulation would have been nice.

Dengar was a good improvement but not being upset with the first version hurt this fig.

Madine was great.

Lando was a close second for worst. The holster was too distracting for the fiure and the stance should have been more neutral.

General_Grievous
12-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Best-Dengar

Worst-Han. Either you make a Han or you make an AT ST Driver. You don't go 50/50. The head sculpt sucks, anyway.

Jaff
12-23-2006, 10:08 AM
With Christmas currently taking much of our time, we are missing a couple of votes, and when you see the results you can see how the three votes that are normally missing might have changed the tide on the WORST poll. They were running neck to neck.

Dengar/Madine wave
BEST
Dengar (Saga) 6
Admiral Ozzel (Saga) 2
General Madine (Saga) 3

WORST
Bossk (Saga) 6
Han Solo as AT-ST (Saga) 5

Jaff
12-23-2006, 10:18 AM
When figuring out how to post this wave I finally came to the conclusion that Wol Cabba****e is not a figure. Bubo was, and the B’Omarr Monk was, yet how can you pick a set of figures against one of the other ultra packs. My answer was to separate the three figures so that if the Ultra denzies is selected we can figure out which figure will be the ligetament reason. This means that Wol gets some limelight, even though he is more an accessory than a figure. Personally I have no intention of considering Wol for best or worst. However for anyone who insists he must be included he is. As such, don't be anggrivated by the fact that he has been put in the poll.

3/04
B’Omarr Monk (Ultra three pack)
Bubo Ultra (Ultra three pack)
Wol Cabba****e (Ultra three pack)
Ultra Jabba the Hutt
4/04
Ultra Ewok with Glider

B’Omarr Monk (Ultra three pack)
Bubo Ultra (Ultra three pack)
Wol Cabba****e (Ultra three pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultradenizens.asp
Jabba the Hutt
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultrajabba.asp
Ewok with Glider
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04ultraewok.asp

Jaff
12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
B’Omarr Monk (Ultra three pack) - The only difference with this B’Omarr is the color of the brainbowl. I actually prefer the older B’Omarr over this one.
Bubo Ultra (Ultra three pack) - When I heard they were making Bubo, I couldn’t believe it. Never thought I’d see this figure, and it really is a nice one.
Wol Cabba****e (Ultra three pack) - Considering this figure by itself is really a waste of time, because it’s more a set piece than an item, but the suction cup snail does look nice above Jabba. The fact that it was made was beyond words though, that was awesome.
Jabba the Hutt - Jabba looks good, but he would have been better if he was released differently so he could come with his dias. I use the vintage dias, but I keep wondering what a newly detailed dias would look like.
Ewok with Glider - Many say that the Ewok that came with this glider is not Warok. I use this ewok as Warok because he is almost identical to the little dude. The ewok is nicely detailed, and I wish I had more ewoks to display with him.

BEST - Bubo

WORST - B’Omarr, this figure was really an unnecessary remake.

*****By the way, it's kind of funny that Wol's very name suggests his place in comparison to other figures on this poll ********

Darth Jax
12-23-2006, 10:49 AM
best - bubo
worst - jabba

Mad Slanted Powers
12-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Kind of a hard wave to vote for. B'omarr Monk is just a re-release with a different colored bowl, but I do like the figure. Wol is just a tiny mollusk. Looking at Bubo now, I was reminded of the National Lampoon double amputee frog.

Jabba is the best modern Jabba, but still not perfect. Nice that he comes with the railing and the pipe though. I don't mind that he didn't come with a dias because there is no such thing. It would be nice if he came with a dais though. :D

The Ewok seems okay as far as ewok figures go, but I tend not to like them in the same way I don't like Yoda figures. It seems like small characters like that are hard to make decent figures of. Still, nice to have another ewok.

BEST - Jabba
WORST - Wol Cabassh-ite

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Best - Ewok

Worst - B'omarr, completely unneeded

General_Grievous
12-23-2006, 01:46 PM
I never got the first Bo'marr, so this was okay for me.

Best: Jabba. I love this one. Out of all the Jabbas, this has got the most accurate paint job.

Worst: Wol Cabba****e

pegger
12-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Best - Bubo

Worst - Hate to say it , but B'Omarr. Same reason as KH said.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I've been behind on a few, so here's the last couple of rounds:

Best - Lando Calrissian (Jabba’s Sail Barge)
Worst - Rappertunie (Jabba’s Palace) - he’s way out of scale

Best - Dutch Vander Gold Leader (Battle of Yavin)
Worst - Captain Antilles (Tantive IV Invasion) - he looks too young

Best - Dengar (Executor Meeting)
Worst - Han Solo (Endor Strike) - I thought he only wore the helmet and gloves

Best - Jabba the Hutt (Jabba’s Palace)
Worst - Wol Cabas****e (Jabba’s Palace Court Denizens) - the suction cup is terrible

sebillba
12-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Best - hard to pick between Jabba and Bubo.... I'll go for BUBO as it was the first time we got him as a figure.

Worst - B'OMARR... I didn't want another one, but had to buy it to get Bubo.

Tycho
12-23-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm confused so I'm not ready to vote quite yet...I think I will be as I type, but here's a thought: Why didn't they ever try the suction cup gimmick on a Han Solo Carbonite block? That would be cool.

B’Omarr Monk (Ultra three pack) - It was cool they actually made this figure the first time around. I don't recall getting to vote for him then, so I'm considering it now. (I'm sure he was offered in Jaff's poll - just that I might have picked a better option at the previous time).

Bubo Ultra (Ultra three pack) - Great sculpt. He's cool!

Wol Cabba****e (Ultra three pack) - Eh? It's another piece that's done. I'm not sure it ever really needed doing though. But I'm glad I have it.

Jabba the Hutt - Yes! This one's great.

Ewok with Glider - I don't think it's Warok. That character needs to be carded or labled as such anyway. You don't call the 1998 AT-AT Commander Figure General Veers, right? Same thing. Now I like Ewoks, so I'm glad they made this.

BEST: Ewok - I have other alternatives for Jabba, including the "Glob toy," and the vintage, so adding as many Ewoks as possible to Endor was nice. The B'Omarr was great too, though I also liked the original brain bowl color myself and now DO think I voted for the B'Omarr before.

WORST: Wol Cabo-s-h-i-i-t-e. A non-figure sort of. But he was wierd in ROTJ anyway. There's nothing to really vote down here, Wol is just not up to the standards of the others, but it really would be impossible to make him competative that way anyway.

Bosskman
12-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Best - Bubo

Worst - Wol

I gotta say that while I love having a decent Jabba, they NEED to completely re-make him. A smaller cheeper version of Sideshow's Jabba will be fine with me.

tagmac
12-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Best: Bubo. A nice-looking sculpt of a figure I didn't think we'd ever get. Best of the lot here.

Worst: B'omarr Monk. This one didn't need to be made. There are a dozen other denizens of Jabba's group that have yet to be made, and any one of which would have been better here.

I just couldn't vote for Jabba here, as I really don't think of him as a figure to be counted with the rest. He's more of a "beast assortment" character, same as the Wampa was.

Rogue II
12-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Best: Bubo.

Worst: B'omarr Monk. I don't remember anyone begging for it's re-release.

I wish these Ultra three packs came with more accessories. Jabba still needs his dias, and Wol doesn't have an archway to hang out in.

TheDarthVader
12-25-2006, 05:36 PM
here is a little catch up

Best - Dengar
Worst - Han Solo

now

best- bubo
worst- wol c.

Jaff
12-25-2006, 09:40 PM
The results have Bubo swallowing up the competition for the best, but Wol and B'Omarr have tied as of the last vote!

BEST
Bubo (Ultra) 8
Jabba the Hutt (Ultra) 3
Ewok with Glider (Ultra) 2

WORST
B’Omarr Monk (Ultra) 6
Jabba the Hutt (Ultra) 1
Wol Caba****te (Ultra) 6

Jaff
12-25-2006, 09:44 PM
It’s time for the OTC collection which had some really awesome figures, but more rereleases than new figures. I remember being really hungry during the OTC times for new stuff. Yet when something new surfaced it was usually top notch. This includes the first wave of figures. And they were....

5/04
OTC #1: Dagobah Luke Skywalker
OTC #2: Dagobah Yoda
OTC #3: Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi
OTC #4: Dagobah R2-D2
6/04
OTC #18: Princess Leia in Bespin Gown
OTC #19: Bespin Cloud Car Pilot
OTC #20: Lobot

So who’s your best and worst?

OTC #1: Dagobah Luke Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC01lukedagobah.asp
OTC #2: Dagobah Yoda
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC02yodadagobah.asp
OTC #3: Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC03spiritobiwan.asp
OTC #4: Dagobah R2-D2
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC04r2d2dagobah.asp
OTC #18: Princess Leia in Bespin Gown
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC18leiabespingown.asp
OTC #19: Bespin Cloud Car Pilot
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC19cloudcarpilot.asp
OTC #20: Lobot
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC20lobot.asp

Jaff
12-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Honestly this is one of the toughest polls I have seen yet. Almost every figure in this batch was perfect.

OTC #1: Dagobah Luke Skywalker - There is not enough good to say about this figure. Interchangeable arms. It’s two Luke’s in one, and his pose with the backpack is really awesome. Hanging upside down is also an impressive sight. It’s next to impossible to vote this figure as anything but the best.
OTC #2: Dagobah Yoda - Wow!!!!!! Now this is a Yoda. It’s detailed, small, fragile looking, and like all of the first four bases I love the bases. If only all figures came with accurate movie bases instead of those plain saga bases.
OTC #3: Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi - It was nice of Hasbro to try to make an improvement on the Spirit of Ben. This was their third attempt, and it looks the best, but it looks more like a luminescent Ben, rather than a spirit.
OTC #4: Dagobah R2-D2 - This R2 really pulls at my heart. This figure really looks like he’s mud covered, and the base and accessories really make this figure look perfect.
OTC #18: Princess Leia in Bespin Gown - This great Leia is really detailed, and I love her robe. Her scale is great too. I still like the Leia collection version, but this one surpasses it hands down.
OTC #19: Bespin Cloud Car Pilot - Yet another perfect figure, and with a removable helmet to boot. It was a great honoring of the vintage figure because they really didn’t need to give him the same accessories as the vintage one.
OTC #20: Lobot - Finally a remake of disco Lobot. This fig was really detailed, and a good counterpart to the Lando VOTC. For a while I really thought this was my favorite out of this bunch.

BEST - It comes down to LUKE and R2. When looking at these two figures side by side they accent eachother well. It’s more like they are one figure than two. I love the Luke, but honestly this is my favorite R2-D2 ever made. I have to pick the droid for that reason. I’m rather embarrassed not picking Luke though.

WORST - Dagobah Obi-Wan: He is the least fascinating of this bunch.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Luke - A very nice remake, and having two heads and two sets of arms is kind of nice.

Yoda - Once again, a dual purpose figure. However, he looks best in the backpack. He also has good articulation in the shoulders.

Spirit Obi-Wan - I like this attempt at a spirit much better than the plain blue ones. Still not quite right, but I don't think you could make a spirit figure look right in this form. The lightsaber is also unnecessary, but I guess you can give it to another figure that needs one.

R2-D2 - This figure looks all right with the mud, and I like the light and sound effects. However, he has no middle leg and his dome doesn't turn.

Leia - I don't have the Leia collection one open to compare, but this one looks better. However, mine won't stand on her own, and her peg holes are a bit small, so she is not exactly secured to the stand either. Having a sculpted robe instead of soft goods makes it harder to try to adjust her leg stance or press her foot down on the peg.

Lobot - Another great remake and a pretty well done figure. Nothing too special though, and he can't hold onto his computer too well.

Cloud Car Pilot - I don't really like the colors on this guy, but he is the best articulated of the bunch and also has a removeable helmet. He seems to be able to hold his accessories well, and has a holster for the gun.

Best - Cloud Car Pilot. This wasn't the best looking figure nor a figure I was anticipating, but overall I find it to be a better figure than the others. Also, the only all new character in the bunch.

Worst - Leia. A nice looking remake and first single carded version of this outfit, but the standing problem ruins it.

Tycho
12-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Hehe. It is a tough batch of figures to vote on. I was all set to vote for Luke (hands down ;) ) but Mad Slanted Powers made me reconsider. Then I reconsidered again!

Dagobah Luke Skywalker - This is the perfect way to present this figure! Wow!

Dagobah Yoda - Yoda is more like an accessory to Luke, from my point of view. I'm honestly the biggest fan of the 1980 VINTAGE Yoda figure and wish they'd just use that, articulate his wrists, and give him a better, more modern head, and update the paint job on that snake.

Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi - It was a nice try. I'm not sure how I prefer my ghosts and holograms: translucent blue or this attempt at translucent color? These characters are much easier for ILM to create than for Hasbro to recreate. So I'm understanding. I bought and display all the Dagobah figures including Ben.

Dagobah R2-D2 - Nice paint job! And yes, Jaff, the bases for the Dagobah figures were really something!

Princess Leia in Bespin Gown - I'm going to disagree with the majority here. The Leia Collection '98 Bespin Gown figure was better. That's all I have to add here. I never saw a new one with a paint job worth buying, btw. And I did look, because I think Leia and Padme (new outfits for her) are largely overlooked in the Star Wars brand. What's funny is that female characters are not (Aayla Secura, Shaak-Ti, Bariss, Luminara, Aurra Sing, etc.) - but the main starring lead IS :rolleyes: Thanks Hasbro.

Bespin Cloud Car Pilot - so perfect as well! The oversized holster trend continues though. The articulation and accessories were great right down to a removeable helmet. I kept wavering between choosing this figure or Luke.

Lobot - He's a good figure. I didn't need him though. I really like my dioramas to express the fact that Cloud City was like the equivalent of Graceland for disco in the Star Wars universe. What better way than to showcase Lobot "getting down and dirty!"

BEST - Luke Dagobah I think I bought 8 Cloud Car Pilots: 2 for Cloud City denizens, and 3 pairs for either the eventual re-release of the Cloud Car toy, or 3 ships I'll snag off of eBay one day when it's a priority for me. Initially I voted for the pilot but changed it after again looking at the pictures. Luke was just so incredible. I didn't need another Dagobah Luke. I use my 1996. But this figure made me rebuy the whole bunch (of 2004 Dagobah figures) and recreate the handstand scene. It was too cool. This was a close, close, close vote for me.

WORST - Bespin Leia: She didn't turn out that great in my opinion. She could have been better, but yes it was time for a remake of this figure (or the first carded one). She wasn't THAT bad though - not in the least. But she faces stiff competition here.

sebillba
12-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Best - Luke is probably the best, but Yoda is my favourite.... I have to follow my heart this time and pick YODA. Plus Luke is hurt by the fact there is no option for a neutral pose... now I have to get the one from the recent X-Wing set to get this.

Worst - either Leia or R2.... Leia is a nice figure, but I was always disappointed her outer robe wasn't sculpted separately from her dress. I'm not a big fan of R2 figures - I have too many that all look too similar. This one does look different, and I'm a big fan of the Dagobah theme, but I like my R2s to have retractable middle legs. This one doesn't have a middle leg at all, so has to get my worst vote.

Kidhuman
12-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Best - CCP

Worst - Obi-Wan, I hate that holos come with wepons.

Bosskman
12-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Best - Luke

Worst - Ben (just because I have to pick one)

Tycho
12-26-2006, 12:55 PM
I hate that holos come with wepons.

Great point. And someone please tell me why they aren't even "holo weapons?"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2006, 02:17 PM
These were two different waves, but oh well . . .

Best - Spirit Obi-Wan. This is how it should be done.
Worst - R2-D2. While not bad, it just wasn't all that new.

General_Grievous
12-26-2006, 02:46 PM
This is a tough one.

Best: Cloud Car Pilot. Great paint and sculpt, plus he's one of the last figures from the vintage line that needed a resculpt. I think all they have left to resculpt are the Imperial Dignitary, Jabba's Palace Klaatu, Romba and Lumat.

Worst: Obi-Wan. Mine can't stand up. I always prop him up against the Dagobah Artoo.

tagmac
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Best: Princess Leia Bespin Gown. I really liked the way this one looked, and find it superior to the Princess Leia Collection version. I was clamoring for this version ever since the first one came out (although this one did lack the ability to hold hands with Han that the PLC version had). Luke came in a close second, and while I bought two of these to pose in both ways, I just didn't like the likeness on it.

Worst: Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi. Wasn't all that impressed with the way this came out. It's not a horrible figure by far (better than some of the figs that have been reviewed recently), but it clearly stands out as the worst in a strong group of figures.

pegger
12-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Great point. And someone please tell me why they aren't even "holo weapons?"

Obi Wan doesn't come with Holo weapons because he's a GHOST....geez....

Best - Luke. Fantastic way to get me to buy two figures!!! roveable limbs and head. Awesome.

Worst...it's hard to pick a worst, but i'll go with Leia....no particular reason tho. I just like this one the least.

Tycho
12-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Obi Wan doesn't come with Holo weapons because he's a GHOST....geez....

Well, the same point: why aren't there transparency to ghosts' lightsaber hilts? (Sebastian Shaw Anakin Skywalker, Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi, maybe more if I forgot any others).

I know the marketplace answer of course: lightsabers help sell toys to kids or statue displayers. Make them look like liberties taken with a comic book cover.

El Chuxter
12-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Playing catch-up, if I may:

Best: Dutch
Least Best: TIE Pilot

Best: Dengar
Least Best: Bossk
(One was a needed update, the other was totally superfluous.)

Best: Bubo
Worst: I guess I'll go with B'omarr, if it's actually different from the original.

Best: Call me nuts, but I've got to go with "Disco Is Dead" Lobot, just because, well, disco is dead.
Worst: Jell-O Mold Obi-Wan #463

pegger
12-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Well, the same point: why aren't there transparency to ghosts' lightsaber hilts? (Sebastian Shaw Anakin Skywalker, Dagobah Obi-Wan Kenobi, maybe more if I forgot any others).

I know the marketplace answer of course: lightsabers help sell toys to kids or statue displayers. Make them look like liberties taken with a comic book cover.

Holo Yoda, holo Sidious (ROTS), holo Cody, holo Ki-Adi-Mundi, holo Aayla and Holo Maul all have holo weapons.....

Darth Jax
12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
best - sewer patrol R2
worst - clown college cloud car pilot

Deoxyribonucleic
12-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Hello!

Best is Princess Leia

Worst is R2 and not cuz it's a bad figure but because it's just another R2 with mud on it.

Tycho
12-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Holo Yoda, holo Sidious (ROTS), holo Cody, holo Ki-Adi-Mundi, holo Aayla and Holo Maul all have holo weapons.....

That explains some. I barely bought any of these.

I got the Holo Yoda that you got free from TRU for purchasing ($25 or more???) Star Wars toys. I never opened it as at the time, I display a carded wall for current figures, though I only purchase what I plan to open later. Then I had the aneurysm and my stuff got packed up.

I didn't need Holo Sidious, Holo Cody, Holo Aayla for any scenes. And in 1999 I bought that non-poseable Holo-Maul, but his purple matched the 1999 Sidious Holo's purple and I only need him to stand with his arms folded confronting Nute Gunray and Rune Haako anyway.

I did buy Holo Ki but never paid him much attention. I plan to open him one day when I set up an E3 Jedi Council and need Yoda, Ki, Plo Koon as well (we both forgot him) to complete the scene when Obi-Wan and Anakin are on the Council together. I thought that was cool to see.

But yeah, the majority of the figures you mentioned, I turned down and never really took a second glance at.

I buy to create dioramas. As it stands, I have huge armies and lots of figures, but my "collection" might be very different from someone else's. But that makes it fun. One day I'll be impressed with someone's holo-Jedi transmission with Cody, Aayla, etc. because I'll not have seen those figures in a very long time.

Jaff
12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
This was one tough group of figs to vote on, and the votes were all over the place!!!! Every figure represented in this poll got a vote for the worst, and if we had two more votes I think it plausible that we could have even reached a 3 or 4 way tie. As it stands Cloud Car Pilot and Luke Dagobah made the winners circle, and Ben was knocked down as the looser of the bunch. I think his wonderful ghostly light saber had something to do with it! :twisted:

OTC wave 1
BEST
R2-D2 Dagobah (OTC) 2
Cloud Car Pilot (OTC) 3
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) 3
Yoda (OTC) 1
Ben Kenobi Spirit (OTC) 1
Princess Leia Bespin (OTC) 2
Lobot (OTC) 1

WORST
Ben Kenobi Spirit (OTC) 6
Princess Leia Bespin (OTC) 3
R2-D2 Dagobah (OTC) 3
Cloud Car Pilot (OTC) 1

Jaff
12-27-2006, 08:04 AM
It’s attack of the repaints, and although some of the figures were definite improvements over earlier incarnations there is no real new figure in this poll. At about this time OTC was getting old, and I was ready for a new line of figures that would offer something new and fresh.

6/04 - OTC #26: Luke Skywalker Bespin
7/04 - OTC #22: Greedo
OTC #23: Tusken Raider
OTC #24: Jawa 2 pack
OTC #25: Snowtrooper

9/04 - OTC #30: Gamorrean Guard
OTC #31: Bib Fortuna
OTC #38: Imperial Scanning Crew Officer

OTC #26: Luke Skywalker Bespin
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC26lukebespin.asp
OTC #22: Greedo
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC22greedo.asp
OTC #23: Tusken Raider
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC23tuskenraider.asp
OTC #24: Jawa 2 pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC24jawas.asp
OTC #25: Snowtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC25snowtrooper.asp
OTC #30: Gamorrean Guard
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC30gamorreanguard.asp
OTC #31: Bib Fortuna
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC31bibfortuna.asp
OTC #38: Imperial Scanning Crew Officer
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC38imperialtrooper.asp

Jaff
12-27-2006, 08:06 AM
OTC #26: Luke Skywalker Bespin - The best Luke in Bespin offered today. The fig has an awesome pose, without the action feature in his back, and with a dagobah dirtied appearance. This was the start of some great repaints.
OTC #22: Greedo - A darker painted Greedo means a cooler looking figure. This was one of those figs that just got better and better every time they fiddled with it.
OTC #23: Tusken Raider - When I heard they were rereleasing this figure again I was quite tiffed. First it was POTJ, then Saga, now OTC. Yet when I saw the packaging, and the paint application I realized that this was the best Tusken ever made. It even gives the VOTC a run for it’s money. I bought three of these sandpeople.
OTC #24: Jawa 2 pack - Like the Tusken these Jawas have some superior qualities thanks to their new paint job, they just look more weathered, and their color is really awesome. These are my favorite Jawas made to date.
OTC #25: Snowtrooper - Badly posed Snowtrooper + darker paint job (yet their in the snow so it needs to be light) = No thank you.
OTC #30: Gamorrean Guard - Yeah, this guard looks much better than the first. I sure wish they would remake this fig though. Imagine the detail they could accomplish with today’s standards.
OTC #31: Bib Fortuna - Yuck. Painting every fig dark, doesn’t necessarily make them all better you know.
OTC #38: Imperial Scanning Crew Officer - This figure repaint was a mess. The colors were everywhere, and the truth is this Imperial would probably been choked by Vader for wearing a dirty uniform.

BEST - Tusken Raider, both in package and out it really looks wonderful.

WORST - Imperial Scanning Crew Officer

Darth Jax
12-27-2006, 08:16 AM
best - gamorrean guard
worst - snowtrooper

pegger
12-27-2006, 09:20 AM
best - Jawas.

Worst - Bib...especially with 20-20 hind-sight, where a vastly superior Bib came out just 13 or so months later...this was a slap in the face

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Best = Luke. If these were all new figures, this would be my choice. It also has the most improvement over the previous version by eliminating some of the damage on the face. The pictures on the link Jaff posted show that the button is still there though.

Worst = Bib Fortuna. The improvements didn't really enhance the figure much, and it would be my choice for least favorite of the bunch anyway. I don't mind the Scanning Trooper and this is the first time it was carded.

sebillba
12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
These came out at a time when I found it easier to ignore repaints than I seem to be able to now, so I only have half of these.

Best - GREEDO... a great figure in the first place, made even better after its make-over.

Worst - SCANNING CREW OFFICER... I did get this one, although it's the worst, but only because I never got the carry case pack-in. It stood out as a really shabby figure compared to all the others, as bad as many of the first POTF figures.

Rogue II
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Best: Jawas. With the Tusken Raider as a close second. This wave blows compared to the previous wave.

Worst: Scanning Crew Officer

Tycho
12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
BEST: Scanning Crew Officer - the only one of this whole bunch I bought. I got 5 of him to crew a Star Destroyer I hope I may one day build.

WORST: Jawa 2-pack I guess.

You know, almost ALL the repaints of the OTC look twice as much better than the originals. It's too bad I wasn't in the market to update my figures, because they weren't bad sculpts, but the new paint schemes looked so good! I wonder if there was ever a conspiracy since back in 1997 to do this 7 years later with the same molds and get us to purchase them again because they painted them badly in the 90's? I think I will write to Michael Moore to see if he'll investigate and expose the truth! Just the same, the Jawas fell short of the level of improvement seen by the other figures, comparing them.

General_Grievous
12-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Best: Imperial Scanning Trooper. In the land of repacks, the one that saw the most limited first release is king.

Worst: Snowtrooper. I hate this sculpt.

El Chuxter
12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Best: Gamorrean. A marked improvement in paint.

Worst: Scanning Crew Trooper. No amount of repainting can make him suck any less.

tagmac
12-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Best: Greedo. This was a tough one for me, since I only bought the Scanning Crew Trooper (although I was one of the few to actually find it with the Falcon case the first time around, and bought this one to complete the pair as seen in ANH). I thought the detail of the blaster shot under his vest was a nice touch to Greedo, although he really doesn't stand out too much in this rather average group of repaints.

Worst: Bib Fortuna. An unneccessary repaint of a figure that looks horrible, especially when compred to the current version.

Kidhuman
12-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Best - Jawas

Worst - Scanning crew whatever

TheDarthVader
12-27-2006, 10:53 PM
best dagobah luke
worst bespin leia

best tusken raider
worst scanning crew member

Jaff
12-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Another close race, almost too close!!!! Another testimony to the OTC line.

BEST
Tusken Raider (OTC) 2
Gamorrean Guard (OTC) 2
Jawas (OTC) 3
Luke in Bespin (OTC) 1
Greedo (OTC) 2
Imperial Scanning Officer (OTC) 2

WORST
Imperial Scanning Officer (OTC) 6
Snowtrooper (OTC) 2
Bib Fortuna (OTC) 3
Jawas (OTC) 1

Jaff
12-29-2006, 08:57 AM
When the OTC figures came out I was really excited about the packages, but not the figures. At first I thought they were yet another attempt to just rehash previously released figures to prolong the SW line. Because of my pull of nostalgia I bought a few, and then when I inspected Han I realized Hasbro was on to something. The fig was awesome, and so was Darth. When later lines came out the improvements on the figures were astounding. I was hooked ever since. I was once a completist until Episode II. After I sold off my packaged figures I only kept two of every package to display. The VOTC figures are an exception. I have every one, and I will continue to get every one. The VOTC is what SW collecting is all about IMO.

6/04
Vintage OTC: Princess Leia Organa
Vintage OTC: Han Solo
Vintage OTC: Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi

7/04
Vintage OTC: Luke Skywalker
Vintage OTC: Yoda
Vintage OTC: Darth Vader

So which is your BEST and WORST?

Vintage OTC: Princess Leia Organa
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vprincessleia.asp
Vintage OTC: Han Solo
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vhansolo.asp
Vintage OTC: Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vbenkenobi.asp
Vintage OTC: Luke Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vlukeskywalker.asp
Vintage OTC: Yoda
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vyoda.asp
Vintage OTC: Darth Vader
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vdarthvader.asp

Jaff
12-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Vintage OTC: Princess Leia Organa - This Leia was potential denied. Her softgoods don’t look that great, and the figure itself is just too slim. Her head size seems off compared to the body. She just appeared all out of proportion.
Vintage OTC: Han Solo - I didn’t believe they did better than the Commtech Han, but this one topped it with ease. The fig is nothing short of perfection. Super articulated, great detail, and right to scale, what a figure.
Vintage OTC: Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi - Another dud, this fig is yet another example of growing pains of the VOTC line. His softgoods totally ruined the fig. His robes are just too big. He looks like an Eskimo.
Vintage OTC: Luke Skywalker - Another Dud in this line. This fig along with the other two duds in this initial wave were the cause of my hesitation to accept VOTC. Luke looks like a fashion nightmare, and this Luke was out of scale causing him to look like a midget (at least he can look O.K. next to the Saga Hoth Trooper). There really wasn’t enough good to say about this fig, it was a flop.
Vintage OTC: Yoda - Yoda looked O.K.. I like that he had his snake, and his belt like the vintage version, but he wasn’t a spectacular figure. He was not a disappointment, neither was he an example of VOTC that soon followed.
Vintage OTC: Darth Vader - Now this Darth was awesome. Not only was he super articulated, but he just looked perfect. To date, this is my favorite Darth to display. He is just top notch.

BEST - Darth Vader

WORST - Luke Skywalker

Kidhuman
12-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Best - Ben

Worst - Luke

sebillba
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
When I heard about the VOTC line, I was most excited about getting Yoda, but my expectations were probably too high, and I ended up being disappointed.... his sculpt wasn't right, his coat was poorly finished, his belt was too delicate at the buckle, and I'm not keen on soft goods you can't remove from the figure. But apart from that, he was great!

I'm actually very pleased these have been split into two waves to vote on, as I knew I would have trouble choosing between Han and Chewie.

Best - HAN.... by miles. An awesome figure. Having a removable comm-tech style waistcoat would have made him perfect, but this is still the best Han ever made.

Worst - BEN "NO-KNEES" KENOBI... you would've expected him to have more articulation than Yoda, but nope, they both have only 10. Very poor for VOTC.

Darth Jax
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
best - vader
worst - luke

Bosskman
12-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Best - Vader
Worst - Luke

pegger
12-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Best- Han

Worst - Luke

Tycho
12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
I did not buy any of these. Jaff might not want to count my votes for that reason. I wouldn't be offended.

In theory, the concept was great as we all loved the nostalgic return to the Old School style cards (except that the regular OTC line had better cards with their figures being in "scenes.") With most cases of VOTC, I felt you were paying the extra for the "presentation," but the quality just wasn't there. They could have been so much better if more value was put into the figures versus the packaging fluff - which didn't cost enough to justify the price increase. But having the money or not is NOT the reason I balked on these. I could afford them. I just didn't like them.

All of this being said, I'm in the market for figures I don't have (Young Owen and Beru from AOTC, the Utai from ROTS, Woof or Lumat from ROTJ) not resculpts (though occasionally they'll impress me, or it'll be something I need like the AOTC Anakin from Evolutions single-carded).

Vintage OTC: Princess Leia Organa - She wasn't as bad as some of them. But she wasn't great either. The bottom line is I didn't need her.

Vintage OTC: Han Solo - I didn’t buy him, but this figure is the sole one to really impress me! Great work actually.

Vintage OTC: Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi - Too large of cloak and not that great of sculpt. The softgoods looked really bad here. (Softgoods is hit or miss - I do like it sometimes, but not this time).

Vintage OTC: Luke Skywalker - Cringe. I pondered whether selling this constituted child abuse?

Vintage OTC: Yoda - Yoda looked bad. It's still really sad that the 1980 body sculpt from KENNER is the best version of Yoda to date. His head and face were off then, and they're still off now. A better head was probably on the 1996 Yoda. The VOTC one did not impress me as there were a few times when I considered buying the VOTC Yoda but just didn't find the quality there.

Vintage OTC: Darth Vader - Vader was probably good, but by this point I was tired of seeing Darth Vader figures and it seems like they've barely slowed down coming. I didn't need a Vader figure at the time, and I barely ever looked at this figure. I also don't think that the helmeted figures can be sculpting miracles. They're surely easier on Hasbro's artisans.

BEST - Han Solo

WORST - Luke Skywalker who I'm just voting for by default because Yoda and Obi-Wan have potential to be the worst as well.

General_Grievous
12-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Best- Han, even though Vader is a close second.

Worst- Luke. The soft goods on him only made the figure worse.

dindae
12-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Best - Ewok with Glider
Worst - B’Omarr

Best - Jawa 2 pack
Worst - Greedo

Best - Leia
Worst - Ben

El Chuxter
12-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Best: Vader

Least Best: Luke

Worst: Paying $10 for these things for some rinky-dink "vintage" packaging

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2006, 02:05 PM
Best - Han Solo
Worst - Verne Troyer as Luke Skywalker

El Chuxter
12-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Verne Troyer as Luke Skywalker

Y'know, I'd never noticed that, but now that you point it out....

tagmac
12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Best: Han Solo, by far out of this set. While I have yet to open any of my VOTC figures, this one looked the best, with Princess Leia a close second.

Worst: Luke Skywalker. I can't stand the look on his face, which ruined what could have been a decent figure.

Incidentally, this set of figures began my disgust with and pull out from Kebco. These things were flooding the shelves in some stores, yet Kebco still hadn't shipped them months later, then had the nerve to claim that two of the first 8 were on "backorder." One day I finally had enough, bought 11 at retail (had to pay double at a flea market for 3-PO until they finally mixed the case assortments) and completely cancelled my entire VOTC pre-order.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I liked this entire line except for C-3PO. I do agree that some did not live up to the potential.

Luke - Some great articulation, but the soft goods shirt wasn't quite right. Also, he is a bit short as has been mentioned.

Yoda - One of the best Yoda's, but far from being the best of this bunch. His pegholes seem a bit too big. He also has a bit of a "bong hit" expression.

Ben - At times, the soft goods looks right when you compare it to some of the shots during his battle with Vader. However, for the most part, it is too poofy and obscures the great articulation in his arms. The face sculpt is as good or better than the POTJ version. No knee articulation though.

Leia - This figure looks nice, but it doesn't quite look like her. No pegholes, but great articulation. She has a stormtrooper blaster instead of her sporting blaster.

Vader - Great articulation, the cape is all right, and he has a place for his saber hilt. A great figure. Only thing that would improve it would be removeable helmet.

Han - Perhaps the best figure to date. Great articulation, great sculpt, and a holster for his gun. Not having a removeable vest doesn't really bother me, as that is not necessary for this figure.

BEST - Han
WORST - Luke

Jaff
12-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I did not buy any of these. Jaff might not want to count my votes for that reason. I wouldn't be offended.

BEST - Han Solo

WORST - Luke Skywalker who I'm just voting for by default because Yoda and Obi-Wan have potential to be the worst as well.

You vote, I count. I've voted on a few I haven't bought, case in point all EU figures ever made! Your opinion is valued.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Best = Han

Worst = Luke

Jaff
12-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Han wins the show, and Luke lags terribly.

BEST
Darth Vader (VOTC) 4
Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi (VOTC) 1
Han Solo (VOTC) 6
Princess Leia Organa (VOTC) 1

WORST
Luke Skywalker (VOTC) 10
Ben “Obi-Wan” Kenobi (VOTC) 2

Jaff
12-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Although the year of 2004 had very little new stuff to offer over the year there was a few stragglers. Usually every few months there are four or five figs that can make a poll to vote on, but in the entire year of 2004 here is the majority of the new/modified non-blister figures for 2004.

4/04
Han Solo (Skirmish at Carkoon 4 Pack - Toys R Us Exclusive)
Garven Dreis (Red Leader’s X-Wing fighter - Toys R Us Exclusive)
9/04
Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack - K-Mart exclusive)
10/04
RA-7 (Sandcrawler - Daimond exclusive)
Holiday Jawas (EE exclusive)
11/04
Battle Droid (Naboo Final Combat Battle Pack)
Captain Tarpals (Naboo Final Combat Battle Pack)

Han Solo (Skirmish at Carkoon 4 Pack - Toys R Us Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04skirmishatcarkoon.asp
Garven Dreis (Red Leader’s X-Wing fighter - Toys R Us Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw04xwingredleader.asp
Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack - K-Mart exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCsscantinaII.asp
RA-7 (Sandcrawler - Daimond exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCsandcrawler.asp
Holiday Jawas (EE exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/otcholidayjawas.asp
Battle Droid (Naboo Final Combat Battle Pack)
Captain Tarpals (Naboo Final Combat Battle Pack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCnaboofinalcombat.asp

Jaff
12-31-2006, 12:17 AM
Han Solo - This was actually a much better Han for the Carbonite. The figure was a better likeness, but once the Saga 2 version was released this one was easily forgotten.
Garven Dreis - Looking at this fig makes you think about why we whine to Hasbro now and then. This fig was like releasing a POTF Lobot compared to the OTC Lobot. What a sad prediciment. At the least this figure is good for background usage.
Blue Snaggletooth - Does the word awesome mean anything to you when you think of this fig. For me, getting this was like a piece of candy to throw on my desert. It is so cool displaying this figure for nostalgia reasons.
RA-7 - I was really happy to get this fig finally. In my eyes the Death Star Droid was a new figure, not a vintage representation. Finally the Vintage figure made in 1978 was now likened in a new figure. That made me very happy.
Holiday Jawas - Yeah, they're cute, but the holiday stuff never appealed to me, and compared to Yoda, and the R2/3PO pack this one paled.
Battle Droid - This droid was nothing more than the Boomer Damage Battle Droid, minus the paint streaks and boomer effect. The plastic was still soft in the legs, but it's good for army building anyways. All you need is a stand.
Captain Tarpals - Tarpals didn't move me one way or the other, however his Kaadu rocked. With him on that thing, both of them look awesome.

BEST - Blue Snaggletooth (for sentimental reasons!)

WORST - Red leader, Garvin Dreis, whatever this figure is named it is nothing more than a generic pilot that did not match the current standard of the Saga line.

Tycho
12-31-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm right with Jaff.

BEST: Blue Snaggletoothe. Even though I actually didn't buy this set, I'm very interested in all the 102 vintage figures that I count being remade for the modern line, and Blue Snaggletoothe was the least likely in my opinion since it was a Kenner production error originally. The RA-7 sandcrawler version of the Death Star Droid could have almost gotten my vote - and I did buy that. But how cool is it to get Blue Snaggletoothe?

WORST: Red Leader Garven Dreis! I'm not into holiday figures and would have voted down the Jawas as unncessary, but this figure of Dreis is begging for a resculpt with removeable helmet and VOTC X-wing Luke quality body.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Han Solo - In some ways, a better sculpt than the POTF2 version, but I don't like his fixed pose.

Garven Dreis - I was prepared to vote this for worst from what I remember when I first got this vehicle. However, looking at the picture, he appears to be just as good as the POTJ X-Wing Luke. The only problem is the helmet/head done like the vintage Luke X-Wing Pilot.

Blue Snaggletooth - Clearly the best of this bunch

RA-7 - Always great to get a new droid, but it doesn't really look that impressive. I've not opened the Sandcrawler to examine it closely though.

Holiday Jawas - I like this set. Something amusing about seeing the jawas with their grubby little hands on the gifts. The red and green eyes are a nice touch as well. The figures themselves are nothing special, as I wasn't enamored of them as others were when we voted on the POTF2 version and their OTC repaints. Also, the gifts are permanently sculpted to the hands.

Battle Droid - Another inferior Battle Droid mold, but something to add to the droid army.

Captain Tarpals - Appears to be a nice improvement on the carded version by adding knee articulation so he can ride the Kaadu.

BEST - Snaggletooth
WORST - Han Solo

Kidhuman
12-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Best - Blue Snaggletooth

Worst - Han Solo

El Chuxter
12-31-2006, 01:52 AM
I only have the Jawas and the RA-7. But I've seen all of them, and they're minor re-tools and rehashes, so I feel safe voting.

Best: RA-7

Worst: Garvin whatshisface

sebillba
12-31-2006, 01:56 AM
From this lot I've only got Han, Blue Snags and RA-7.

Best - BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH... the only vintage figure I'm still missing, so it was great to get this one. RA-7 was also nice, but I wish he was silver!

Worst - GARVEN DREIS

Tycho
12-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Sebillba: you have the vintage YakFace? If so, you're quite fortunate. How did you come by it?

sebillba
12-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Sebillba: you have the vintage YakFace? If so, you're quite fortunate. How did you come by it?

Yes, I've got him, but had to get him from ebay. I only re-collected all the vintage a couple of years ago, and got most from ebay, some from a local collectors' shop, and a few last 17 from a fab shop in Chicago called Quake. Think I had to pay around £30-£40 for YF, maybe more, He's probably a little more common over here, but most sellers are happy to ship to the States, and postage wouldn't be much more for a loose figure.

Tycho
12-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Nice job, Sebillba. Nice job.

Are most of your vintage "loose mint," like with a Snowtrooper that still has the cape, that sort of thing?

Deoxyribonucleic
12-31-2006, 05:14 AM
Best = RA-7

Worst = Garvin Dreis

sebillba
12-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Nice job, Sebillba. Nice job.

Are most of your vintage "loose mint," like with a Snowtrooper that still has the cape, that sort of thing?

Cheers Tycho :thumbsup: They're all loose (as are all my modern figures), and fairly minty - some more than others... unfortunately, getting them from ebay, some sellers' idea of mint doesn't always match up with my own! But I'm pretty happy with all of them. All are complete, though a few have repro weapons, which I'll eventually replace. The only repro cape I have is on the vinyl jawa - I just decided to have a cheap mock-up, which is fun to display.

Darth Jax
12-31-2006, 10:09 AM
best RA-7
worst battle droid

Bosskman
12-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Best - Blue Snags

Worst - Red Leader

I wish the DS Droid was Silver Vac-metal. Hopefully the 30th anniversary one will be.

pegger
12-31-2006, 11:43 AM
I feel like a parrot but

Best: Blue Snags

Worst - Red Leader. While the body is OK - the head was just horrible. Doesn't even look anything close to red leader - and a non-removeable helmet, which, by this time, is unacceptable.

tagmac
12-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Best: Blue Snaggletooth. Didn't buy the set because of the re-packs, but this was a cool-looking figure, and I'm kinda' sorry I never bought it. Did by the vintage version at a comic shop a few years back, but it did cost me over $200, although at the time the amount didn't bug me like it does now.

Worst: Garvin Dreis. This was a lousy-looking figure, and enough for me to not waste my money on yet another X-Wing, as I'm still convinced we'll eventually get a carded version of him, if not a pilot gift-set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Say it with me:
Best - Zutton
Worst - Red Leader Pilot (as he's so creatively called on the box)

Jaff
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM
This was a pretty open and shut poll. No figures held any competitive edge to Blue Snaggy or Garven.

BEST
Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack) 9
RA-7 (Sandcrawler) 3

WORST
Garven Dreis (X-Wing Fighter) 9
Han Solo (Pit of Carkoon Battle Pack) 2
Battle Droid (Naboo Battle Back) 1

Jaff
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Lets start of the new year by finally completing the Jedi Council 3-packs. It was nice to see the rest of the council seated, but for some reason Stass/Adi look awfully the same. Wait a minute they are the same, with different names. What a jip.

7/04
Yoda (Jedi Council Three pack #3)
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council Three pack #3)
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council Three pack #4)
Plo Koon (Jedi Council Three pack #4)
11/04
Sae See Tinn (Jedi Council Three pack #5)
Adi Gallia (Jedi Council Three pack #5)
Shaak Ti (Jedi Council Three pack #6)

Who's your best and worst. Although I inspected the best I could, feel free to vote on any rehashes if you believe they are different than previous versions if I missed something.

Yoda (Jedi Council Three pack #3)
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council Three pack #3)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCssJHC1.asp
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council Three pack #4)
Plo Koon (Jedi Council Three pack #4)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCssJHC2.asp
Sae See Tinn (Jedi Council Three pack #5)
Adi Gallia (Jedi Council Three pack #5)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCssJHC3.asp
Shaak Ti (Jedi Council Three pack #6)
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCssJHC4.asp

Jaff
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
It truly is rehash city with these figures. Not mentioned were Qui-Gon "Naboo", Obi-Wan "Naboo", Anakin Skywalker "Mechanic", Stass Allie, and Eoth Koth. Even Yoda is almost identical to his Saga version with only tiny color variations. Not one fig from these sets listed moved me one bit. I only bought them to get some Council chairs, and to complete the Jedi Council circle.

Yoda (Jedi Council Three pack #3) - Well, we’ve seen this figure before twice, the third time is not a charm.
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council Three pack #3) - This is the best of the group since he’s a core character, and can sit fairly well.
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council Three pack #4) - It‘s nice to have an Eoth sitting, but why is he still growling. Is he angry at Yoda for something. Just by doing a cursory glance he doesn‘t seem like calm, jedi council material.
Plo Koon (Jedi Council Three pack #4) - Like Sae, Plo is slouching no matter how you move him. Do you think Yoda lectures these dudes about their posture?
Sae See Tinn (Jedi Council Three pack #5) - This Sae is kind of nice, but his legs like most of the Saga remakes makes him look like he’s slouching. They could have articulated him better to sit.
Adi Gallia (Jedi Council Three pack #5) - Why make two Adi‘s and name them different names? It‘s kind-of insulting to our intelligence, however both sit very well in their seats.
Shaak Ti (Jedi Council Three pack #6) - Getting Shaak sitting is nice, but she’s nothing to write home about.

BEST - Ki-Adi Mundi

WORST - There honestly is no worst because all the figs are O.K., and pretty much the same thing. I guess I’ll go with Yoda because at this point they needed to stop making this figure over and over again.

El Chuxter
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Passed on all these. And still don't regret it.

General_Grievous
01-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Best- Ki-Adi

Worst- Eeth Koth. I hate that he's got the scowl on his face, even though it looks good on his POTJ body.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Yoda - I haven't opened the Episode I or Saga versions of this, so this is the only one I have open. Not great, but he has articulated shoulders and can sit in his chair fine.

Ki-Adi Mundi - A good figure. Not as well articulated in the arms as some of the others in this bunch, but he is neutral and he sits and stands well.

Agen Kolar - I wish they would've pulled the Stass Allie/Adi Gallia trick with Eeth Koth. I'd rather have two of this figure than the Eeth Koth they repacked in the other set. This figure looks fairly neutral and can sit and stand all right. Actually, I am having trouble finding the right pose to keep him standing, but not too much of a problem.

Plo Koon - I don't think this one looks like he is slouching. He does seem slightly asymmetrical, but not too bad. A big improvement over the Saga figure.

Saesee Tiin - Other than adding the cloth skirt, they didn't do much to improve this figure. The pose makes it difficult for him to stand or sit. Sitting is probably not as bad as it looks like he is leaning forward about to get out of the chair or to pay closer attention to something.

Adi Gallia - This is a decent figure. Somewhat of an improvement over the Episode I by having artculated knees. Not sure if I prefer the cloth or not. I think in this instance, the plastic on the original looks a bit better.

Shaak Ti - A definite improvement over the Saga version. However, the Saga upper body and the cloth skirt kind of make it difficult to keep her standing on her own.

BEST - Agen Kolar over Ki-Adi because Agen is more of an improvement over the Eeth Koth mold.

WORST - Saesee Tiin, who I just noticed looks like he is shooting pool.

Darth Jax
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
best - agen kolar (i pulled his name out of a hat).

worst - adi/stass twins

Kidhuman
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM

Agreed, :beard: & isobaws

tagmac
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Tough call, since I passed on all four sets, but here goes.

Best: Plo Koon, just because it looked the best sitting.

Worst: Yoda

Incidentally, I'd still like to know which figure was used as the stand-in for Agen Kolar, but never produced. It looked to me like it could have been a hood-up Anakin, which would have been a heckuva lot better had it been real.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Actually, I'm looking at the back of the packages now. Agen Kolar is pictured as is. There is a partically obscured Eeth Koth that is sitting. The hooded figure would be a stand in for Stass Allie. See this link - http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/OTC/otc04trujedicouncil2boxbk.jpg.

Okay, wait. Now I am confused. Eeth Koth is the one in the light colored robes. That's who I was actually voting for best and not Agen Kolar. The Agen Kolar that was released was just the Eeth Koth carded figure repackaged. On the back of the package is a sitting Agen Kolar to the right of Plo Koon and to the left of the mysterious hooded figure, which should be Stass Allie.

Tycho
01-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Uggh. I bought these because I really like the fact that I can complete the Jedi Council. I even bought a few of them in order to make E1, E2, and E3 Jedi Councils.

That being said, I sort of like having them.

On the other hand, the collective scenes are cooler than focusing on these individual sets.

You invariably get some extra figures when you set up a few scenes as I've described above.

I made an EU scene with Shaak-Ti (extra) from either a set I needed for TPM or ROTS as she was only shown on the council in ROTS (at least when she was technically supposed to be there and it wasn't stock film footage). But I like the little scene with Jedi Younglings in the library that I use an extra Shaak-Ti of mine in (I don't "waste" extra figures), so I vote:

Best: Shaak-Ti

Worst: SaeSee I guess. He DOES look like he's shooting pool. Using a lot of his AOTC Arena figure sculpt was a bad choice. Many of these figures are sort of bad though. Hasbro just didn't want to bother remolding them when the concept of a council was actually what they were selling.

So I'm not sure who's the worst - many of these annoy me. SaeSee is a placeholder vote, nothing more.

BTW: Isn't the hooded figure you guys are talking about just the cloaked Adi Gallia figure from TPM? It'd hardly be an unproduced mold.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2007, 12:11 AM
BTW: Isn't the hooded figure you guys are talking about just the cloaked Adi Gallia figure from TPM? It'd hardly be an unproduced mold.Yes. Now that I actually grabbed the TPM Adi Gallia figure and looked at it from the back, it does appear to be the same. I don't have a problem with not doing it that way, as now she can sit. However, it would have been nice to make the Council Adi and Stass a bit more distinguishible from each other.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-02-2007, 01:12 AM

Xerox copy that!

sebillba
01-02-2007, 05:31 AM
By this time, my interest in the SW line had waned somewhat, so I could easily ignore rehashes like these. Plus I didn't have room to display the full council circle. I'll pass on voting here.

Bosskman
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I needed the full circle

Best - Plo

Worst - Abominable Yoda.

dindae
01-02-2007, 02:35 PM
I only re-collected all the vintage a couple of years ago, and got most from ebay, some from a local collectors' shop, and a few last 17 from a fab shop in Chicago called Quake.

Every time I'm in Chicago I try and hit that store. It's a great place.

Best - Blue Snags
Worst - REd Leader

Best - Eeth Koth
Worst - Agen Kolar - I know it wasn't an option but the fact that they put a repack out there as a new character really ****ed me off.

I liked the sets for diorama purposes but the figures themselves were very dissappointing.

sebillba
01-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Every time I'm in Chicago I try and hit that store. It's a great place.

The owner, Dave, is also a great guy - the first time we went to Quake, we asked him how to get to Toys R Us, and he drove us there himself! And last time we went he took us out for a meal!

Tycho
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I just want to add something about the Jedi Council.

TPM was filmed in England primarily.

AOTC and ROTS were filmed in Australia.

Lucas did not want to pay travel and lodging expenses for background extras. Thus some of the same folks who were TPM Jedi Council Members were not going to be featured in the 2 Australian-made sequels.

Now Yoda, SaeSee Tiin, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi Mundi were presented as regulars.

Yarael Poof and Yaddle were killed offscreen before AOTC.

I just don't think they showed the Council in AOTC from a point of view where Depa Billaba might've been visible. She was declared insane and incarcerated during the Clone Wars, thus she would not be seen in ROTS.

Oppo Rancisis was CGI in TPM and AOTC. He was killed before ROTS. Of course Shaak-Ti and Coleman Trebor were Austrailian hired (for Yaddle and Yarael Poof's replacements) and thus were never recasting issues - plus they were killed anyway.

Even Piel is an interesting case. I think he was primarily "faced" with a mask, so it didn't matter to get the short British guy to Australia for the sequel.

Now the actors who played Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia were the only ones who were really visible in their costumes, and thus distinguishably different when new actors showed up to don their costumes in Australia. Hence Agen Kolar and Stass Allie were invented - probably as a last minute change in the cast-roll sheets or literary reference sources.

It bugs me in that the more Iridonian Force users we see, the less special Darth Maul becomes. But Eeth Koth was older and Agen Kolar younger, so when the ROTS sculpt came along for Kolar, it reflected that nicely. As to Stass Allie, this one was really screwed up. Both women are said to be cousins. That might be possible as there is evidence that Force sensitivity is genetic. They are also Corellian and we've met a few Corellians in Star Wars (Han, Wedge, Crix Madine to name a few) and they don't wear headcovers, especially live ones. The jellyfish thing Adi Gallia wears on her head was explained in one source as a gift of a special creature presented in gratitude for one of Adi's missions. Now Stass might be her cousin, share her skin tone and Corellian heritage, but there's no reason to believe that she'd have a skull cap like that as well, as she'd have to have been on that mission with her cousin, and then in 10 odd years, both women serve on the Jedi High Council out of 10,000 potential Jedi to choose from?

The only thing I might use to explain that was that Adi Gallia held a temporary seat on the Council. There are 3 temp seats, 3 short term, 3 long term, and 3 permanent ones. We can make intelligent guesses about who held which kind of seats, but that's not the topic here. Additionally, Adi Gallia was the daughter of a high ranking Republic diplomat from Corellia (apparently not the Senator who was Garm Bel Ibis according to the EU) but I do wonder about Fang Zar though other stories had made it clear he hailed from somewhere other than the Corellian System. In any case, if ties to the Diplomats were important during the Clone Wars, I could see them appointing the Ambassador's neice (Stass Allie) to Gallia's seat when her term expired.

Gallia was one of the other best Jedi pilots besides SaeSee Tiin and Anakin Skywalker and she was not killed until late in the Clone Wars or Order 66. She was just off the Council because of term limits. Again, the truth was that Lucas didn't see it as worth it to fly in a background extra (or the actress didn't see it as worth it) to do those extremely brief Jedi Council scenes.

OK - I know this is a voting thread, but I think it's great when reviewing the figures can prompt a little discussion beyond "the packaging."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I'll include all of the final four packs in my voting . . .
Best - Ki-Adi-Mundi
Worst - Stass Allie. She is a different figure from Adi Gallia in that her skin color is darker, even though the mold is the same.

Jaff
01-03-2007, 02:20 AM
A week turnout for this group means some weak results, and no clear winner as the best. Although the votes were all across the board it's very evident that most everybody was real dissapointed in these sets with exception to the diorama material.

BEST
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council) 3
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council) 3
Plo Koon (Jedi Council) 2
Shaak Ti (Jedi Council) 1

WORST
Yoda (Jedi Council) 3
Eoth Koth (Jedi Council) 2
Sae See Tinn (Jedi Council) 2
Adi Gallia (Jedi Council) 1
Stass Allie (Jedi Council) 1

Jaff
01-03-2007, 02:25 AM
The last VOTC wave was nothing short of tremendous. The figs were so good that it caused my eyes to pop out of my head!!!!!!!

9/04
Vintage OTC: C-3PO
Vintage OTC: Lando Calrissian
Vintage OTC: Chewbacca
Vintage OTC: R2-D2
Vintage OTC: Boba Fett
Vintage OTC: Stormtrooper

It seems to me easy to pick the worst, but the best is a tough call!

C-3PO
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vc3po.asp
Lando Calrissian
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vlando.asp
Chewbacca
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vchewbacca.asp
R2-D2
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vr2d2.asp
Boba Fett
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vboba.asp
Stormtrooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC-Vstorm.asp

Jaff
01-03-2007, 02:29 AM
C-3PO - This is my comedy 3PO. I display him with the ultra 3PO and show everyone how bad a 3PO can look, and then show other 3PO’s like the Episode III, Flashback, POTF removable limbs version. It’s good for a laugh.
Lando Calrissian - How can you top a POTJ version Lando? Well you make him with multi-articulation, a neutral pose, and a very fancy looking cape that matches the earlier version, and there you have it. The recipe is fool proof. Why is it that this recipe can’t appear with most remakes.
Chewbacca - Ga-ga, ga-ga, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth. This has to be one of my favorite Chewies ever made. I mean look at this wookie, and a distinctive ROTJ version at that.
R2-D2 - Another milestone for R2. Detailed, to scale, perfect paint job with accessories too, and a panel to disguise holes. If they resculpt R2 (rather than repaint it) this fig is something to beat, if that’s possible.
Boba Fett - Yeah, just toss the 300th edition to the side with no heartbreak, because this Boba opens up a whole can of whoop whoop. To think I was planning to vote for Chewie or R2 as the best, now this one joins the group.
Stormtrooper - Want a perfect stormie? Just buy one of these with super articulation (yeah, we’ve been dreaming of that for years!) and you’ll be happy. This fig like the others in this group is what made VOTC one of the best lines ever made.

BEST - Fett has to get bumped for Chewie. I mean look at that likeness!!!!

WORST - Gee, let me think.....C-3PO

Deoxyribonucleic
01-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Best = Stormtrooper

Worst = C-3PO

sebillba
01-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Best - there's some stiff competition here, but CHEWIE is simply one of the best figures ever made.

Worst - C-3PO... an embarrassment to the VOTC line.

Kidhuman
01-03-2007, 05:40 AM
Worst - 3po

Best - Fett, Chewie, Lando, stormie.... all good IMO, but Chewie takes it here. Wookie Porn baby

&

Bosskman
01-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Best - Stormie

Worst - Terrible 3PO

Darth Jax
01-03-2007, 08:16 AM
best - lando
worst - 3PO

DarkArtist
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Best is a tie between the Stormtrooper & Boba Fett
Worst is C-3PO - hardest figure for me to find and the biggest letdown.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-03-2007, 10:16 AM
C-3PO - I thought VOTC figures were supposed to be better than other versions, not worse. The figure even looks depressed, the way it is posed.

Lando - A great figure. They probably don't ever need to resculpt Lando, just re-use this one. I can't vote this the best though, as his elbows aren't as articulated as Boba, Stormie or Chewie, and I don't quite like the way the cape hangs.

Chewie - Finally, a Chewbacca figure I actually like and can consider to be among the best.

R2-D2 - This one is okay. Some nice detail, but no retractable middle leg. I don't mind the chrome dome because it's nice and shiny, but I know that it is not accurate.

Boba Fett - A great figure all around

Stormtrooper - Ditto

BEST - Hard to choose. I'll pick Boba Fett since the stormtrooper is more plain and has a non-functioning holster.

WORST - The obvious C-3PO

El Chuxter
01-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Best: Boba Fett.

Worst: Need I say it? Here's a hint: fluent in six million forms of communication, and not enough forms of articulation.

Tycho
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
These ARE good figures for the most part, though the only one I ever bought (and bought multiples of) was Chewbacca. His removeable bandolier and difference in sculpt from other Chewie figures made him ideal to help build my Wookiee army for ROTS -that and the fact that I found the VOTCs on clearance and got 3 of these Chewies for roughly $5 each.

That being said, I should probably vote for Chewie as best outright, but I really like Lando (for his likeness being so true to Billy Dee Williams), the stormtrooper for looking so real, and Boba Fett for being so detailed!

I'm going to call it as I found it:

Best - Chewie (with obvious hesitation because everything looked good!)
Worst - C-3PO

General_Grievous
01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Best-Chewie

Worst-Threepio, even though the paint ain't bad. The TSC Endor Throne Threepio should have been in the VOTC instead of this piece of crap.

dindae
01-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Best - Boba Fett
Worst - C-3PO I belive this is the worst incarnation of this figure.

Now Stass might be her cousin, share her skin tone and Corellian heritage, but there's no reason to believe that she'd have a skull cap like that as well, as she'd have to have been on that mission with her cousin, and then in 10 odd years, both women serve on the Jedi High Council out of 10,000 potential Jedi to choose from?

I don't have that much of a problem with this. The way I see it is that genetics plays a big part in force potential so if one in a family has what it takes it is more likely that another would. Look at sports. Out of the thousands of high schools don't you think it was equally unlikely that the two Manning brothers are starting quarterbacks. They have good genetics and guidance from people who have made it to the position.

Tycho
01-03-2007, 04:09 PM
DinDae: I agree with you on the genetics factor about Stass and Adi, however, Adi's living skullcap was from a very specific and unique mission. Are we also to believe that her Jedi cousin was assigned and honored in the same way, on the same planet? It's possible I suppose. But where would the harm have been if Lucas just had a different Jedi Master designed to sit in Adi's chair? Hasbro would have sold us a more unique action figure?

pegger
01-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Best - Lando
Worst - take a WILD guess....

tagmac
01-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Best: Lando. Tough call for the best, but the likeness puts this one over the top.

Worst: C-3PO, although I didn't think it was that bad, especially considering I idiotically spent $20 for this after passing it up in KB for retail thanks to Kebco shoving it on "backorder," and my fear of getting stuck with two of them.

Jaff
01-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Best is a tie between the Stormtrooper & Boba Fett
Worst is C-3PO - hardest figure for me to find and the biggest letdown.

I logged your vote for 3PO, but I couldn't count your tie for the best. Can you grind your teeth and pick a winner of the two awesome figs?

DarkArtist
01-04-2007, 08:55 AM
I guess my vote would be for Fett.

dindae
01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
DinDae: I agree with you on the genetics factor about Stass and Adi, however, Adi's living skullcap was from a very specific and unique mission.

Yeah the skullcap is just Lucas ignoring a small detail in EU. I don't really blame him as it is a minute point that very few would notice much less care about. Or maybe when they gave it to her it was pregnant and gave birth to little skullcaps. :D

Tycho
01-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Or maybe when they gave it to her it was pregnant and gave birth to little skullcaps. :D

That was funny! lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
All these figures were pretty fantastic, with the notable exception.

Best - Stormtrooper
Worst - C-3PO. God, was this bad.

The ROTJ wave of these guys was near perfect (make R2's dome duller and it IS perfect).

General_Grievous
01-04-2007, 08:09 PM
The ROTJ wave of these guys was near perfect (make R2's dome duller and it IS perfect).

Yeah, I never understood why they made Artoo with a chrome dome.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I never understood why they made Artoo with a chrome dome.
Cause it's nice and shiny!

Jaff
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
C-3PO was murdered!!!!!

BEST
Chewbacca (VOTC) 5
Stormtrooper (VOTC) 2
Lando Calrissian (VOTC) 3
Boba Fett (VOTC) 3

WORST
C-3PO (VOTC) 14

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Ouch, I think it will be the same results in the year end tally too for 3po

Jaff, how come the best figure only has 13 votes and worst has 14? shouldnt it be even?

Jaff
01-05-2007, 08:49 AM
The Post-OTC waves were something of a rarity in many areas. It was the first time many of us had seen Episode I figures in over two years, and it was a welcome occasion for me.

10/04
Post OTC #1/05 - Pablo Jill
Post OTC #2/05 - Yarua
Post OTC #3/05 - Sly Moore
Post OTC #4/05 - Queen Amidala (Ceremonial Dress)
Post OTC #5/05 - Rabe

Pablo Jill
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0501pablo-jill.asp
Yarua
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0502yarua.asp
Sly Moore
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0503slymoore.asp
Queen Amidala (Ceremonial Dress)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0504queenamidala.asp
Rabe
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0505rabe.asp

Jaff
01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Pablo Jill - Pablo never really impressed me much. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad they made him, but his pose could have been better. He’s just a squater, and every time I want to display him outside my three foot arena diorama I keep hearing Yoda lecture him about standing straight.
Yarua - Yarua is the first FILM wookie ever made besides Chewie, and that gave the figure points. It’s clear that this fig was made to be posed with his hands in the air, and he looks good that way, but once in a while you want to display him in a neutral pose. Unfortunately he looks awkward that way. Therefore some points are lost.
Sly Moore - I heard Sly is still angry about getting out of her chair so Anakin could sit and talk with the emperor in the opera. I guess that’s why this figure has an eternal shrug pose which is hidden beneath her robes.
Queen Amidala (Ceremonial Dress) - Although she doesn’t hold her globe well, nor stand evenly without time spent balancing her, this Amidala really looks good.
Rabe - Do the words: “It’s about time” ring a bell with many of you out there. I had been waiting for this figure for years, and getting her was welcome. I bought a few of these, and for my needs they were perfect.

BEST - Rabe, she’s cool, and efficient for building a Padme following. Just call them Anakin groupies.

WORST - Tough, because no figure in this group stinks. In fact this wave was the best breath of fresh air in 2004 because everything (with exception to a dozen figs) were remakes, remolds and so on. This was the first ALL original wave for some time, so each fig was a celebration. I guess if I have to pick I’ll go with Pablo, with Yarua as a close second. Like I said, Pablo’s a squater.

dindae
01-05-2007, 09:02 AM
This is a hard one. I like them all but none stand out as much better or worse.

Best - Padme mainly because it has a good amount of detail and partially because we need more Padmes.

Worst - I'm going with Yarua just because he is boring. Pablo may be in perma-squat but that doesn't bother me as much due to the way his legs are jointed.

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Best - Rabe, finally a handmaiden

Worst - Sly, too boring of a figure unless you use it for a James Bond villian.

tagmac
01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Best: Padme. This was another figure that was a long time coming, and it did not disappoint. Loved the detail on the costume andthe make-up. Rabe comes in a close second. I bought two of those to pose with the older Padme figures.

Worst: Yarua. Not a bad figure, but the least best (i.e. boring) figure of the bunch. I really can't knock Pablo here for his pose, since it was scene specific to the Geonosis Arena battle when the Jedi light up their sabers.

Incidently, this wave marked the final straw with Kebco for me. I had seen these warming the pegs in K-Mart and TRU for weeks, yet my pre-order continued to sit and sit. Finally, I had had enough and bought the five of these at K-Mart, then waited 10 minutes for them to pick up the phone at Kebco and got my order canceled. Good thing, too, or I would have never gotten this great set, which began to disappear from stores soon after.

Battle Droid
01-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Best: Pablo-Jill

Worst: Rabe, that face.

sebillba
01-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Nothing here really stands out for me one way or the other.....

Pablo - I love alien jedi, and it's always good to get a brand new alien, but the design of this one kind of bugs me - it's like someone's said "what can we do to make this guy look more interesting??..... I know, let's stick his head on upside down.........."

Yarua - again, I love wookiees, and great to get a new character, but this one's kind of a come down after the VOTC Chewie, and the paint app is a bit obvious.

Sly - nice to get Palpatine's other main aid to go with Mas Amedda, but she's not that exciting a figure.

Amidala - I don't really like Padme that much, and this figure has trouble standing straight. Even on a stand she looks drunk.

Rabe - sorry, doesn't excite me either.

All things considered...................

Best - YARUA

Worst - PADME

El Chuxter
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Best: Tough one. I suppose Padme.

Least best: Another toughie. I'll go with Sly, who's boring.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Best = Rabe

Worst = Yarua

Tycho
01-05-2007, 02:50 PM
This was a great breath of fresh air from the repaints / repacks of the OTC. I highly agree with Jaff.

Pablo Jill - I always wanted this guy ever since I first saw his species in AOTC. Someone said the designer just inverted the position of the mouth and eyes when creating him - but that's cool. I liked the result and it had to be done for a creature design at least once. His squat stance was probably a combination of his Geonosian Arena pre-pose, and what's normal for his species. Anyway, I like this larger than average figure.

Yarua - I was very glad we finally got him. Yarua seems a little small for a Wookiee after experience with the ROTS collection ones. But I was happy to buy multiples of him to start my Wookiee Army early, as by that time I was aware of what was coming in 2005. But his articulation, paint application, the whole execution of this figure seemed to leave a little bit more to be desired.

Sly Moore - She's a boring character to me, but this figure's sculpt is excellent and I was really glad to get her. We were voting for our Top Never Made Before Figures when the announcement they were making Sly ambushed many who were voting for her. The only reason she didn't make that list was because she was taken off as we learned that her figure was in fact coming. (We didn't know about all of them though until Comic Con, and Padme Theed Celebration and Rabe, who was voted acceptable in the place of a Padme handmaiden, also came off the list at that time. Both lists (Kidhuman's and my own poll's) were completed and delivered to Darrel DePriest with SSG witnesses Dr. Evezan in April of 2005 at Celebration 3. And today in 2007, we've almost seen half of the figures we've suggested realized with surprises like Biggs Darklighter in Academy Uniform (May 2007). Anyway, Sly Moore just had to be done and the detail that went into her, makes her figure outstanding.

Queen Amidala (Ceremonial Dress) - Jaff, be careful to watch people voting for Padme meaning this figure as opposed to Rabe. I'll refer to her as Amidala so there's no confusion. An excellent figure, I think she actually looks like Natalie Portman. This is another character that received almost unanymous votes for a figure in the polling we did and it looks like we made a great choice. Her figure is the most detailed and best-designed of the entire wave. I guess you know who I'm voting for now, hehe. But for a one scene wonder, she can still steal the show. If we were back to chosing a finalist from TPM, I'd have voted for the far more useful Rabe, but we're not. Amidala's figure is dressed to impress. We need more figures of her fom all of the movies like this.

Rabe - Before she came off our most-wanted figure list (Padme as a handmaiden had actually won) Rabe was one of the highest demanded figures by the collectors here at SSG. I bought 13 of her to add as handmaidens around Amidala in various scenes (I use 2 handmaidens instead of going for accuracy and using 6 - primarily because I scale things down in my scenes too - conserving space being sort of a nice thing). But I do have 6 scenes with Amidala surrounded by her handmaidens and 1 where I use Rabe as Padme with kid-Anakin. There's not that much excitng to her - she's pretty much a salt-shaker (as she should be) but the face sculpt / paint isn't all that great. Still she earns points for her usefulness and the paint deco with her dress is done quite nice.

BEST - Amidala

WORST - Yarua - only because the ROTS figures taught me that I could expect more from Wookiee figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Best - Queen Amidala (Celebration Ceremony) - it seems like the rare times they actually do Padmé figures, they're really good.
Worst - Rabé (Queen's Chambers) - she looka like a man!

DarkArtist
01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
best would be Padme
worst Sly

General_Grievous
01-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Best - Pablo. Sure, he's preposed, but he still looks cool.

Worst - Rabe. Body is okay, but the face sculpt is hideous.