PDA

View Full Version : The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

pegger
01-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Well - I'm gonna go for Sly for best. While the character may be boring - the sculpt is very nicely done, and is true to the character im the movie. There is nothing wrong with the sculpt.

Worst - Yarua - too short for a wookie.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I didn't see any of these five in the stores. I got four of them from eBay at the end of 2005, and just got Pablo Jill from eBay last month. I just opened them all right now.

Pablo Jill - I can overlook the squatting, but trying to manipulate his arms into different poses was quite difficult. He stands well on his own, but I can't vote this one the best.

Yarua - This was a nice solid figure. The articulation was all right and he was a Wookiee other than Chewbacca. Normally, with the exception of VOTC Chewbacca, Wookiee sculpts just don't work for me, but I'm tempted to vote this one the best of this round.

Sly Moore - A nice looking figure of a cool looking character. She seems to have some sort of ball-jointed elbows, so that somewhat makes up for the limited poseability elsewhere, though the cloak kind of gets in the way of moving the arms.

Queen Amidala - This would be an okay figure except for the plastic robe. It makes he kind of lopsided and unable to stand on her own. High heels make it so the peg hole is unreachable, at least on the right foot. I had a little more success on the left foot, which means she has to stand in the corner of the stand.

Rabe - This was the figure I most wanted, but it's not that impressive. Once again, high heels make the peg hole hard to reach, but she seems to stand well on her own. The robe is sculpted such that she has sleeves that become weapons when you raise her arms. This figure would be much better if they could do a decent soft goods version.

BEST - I'll pick Yarua over Sly Moore. I was more interested in getting Sly, but I think overall the Wookiee is a better figure.

WORST - I was all prepared to vote Queen Amidala the worst, but I have her positioned well on the stand and she doesn't seem so bad. A soft goods robe is all she needs. Instead, I'll vote for Pablo Jill.

Darth Jax
01-05-2007, 09:14 PM
best - amidala
worst - yarua

TheDarthVader
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
best pablo jill
worst rabe

Bosskman
01-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Best - Amidala - she's the perfect figure of this outfit and mine stands perfectly straight.

Worst - Rabe - a "butterface" - nice body, but her face ........

Jaff
01-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Ouch, I think it will be the same results in the year end tally too for 3po

Jaff, how come the best figure only has 13 votes and worst has 14? shouldnt it be even?

Your right Kidhuman, it should be even but Dark Artist voted for 3PO, but stated that two figures were tied and did not pick a particular one. Thus I could not pick a best out of his vote. Refer to posting 1979 for the quotes.

sebillba
01-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Jaff, he picked one in post #1980.

Jaff
01-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Jaff, he picked one in post #1980.

Holy cow, I totaly missed that post, Dark Artist, please forgive me folks, especially Dark Artist! Here are the new results

Final VOTC 04
BEST
Chewbacca (VOTC) 5
Stormtrooper (VOTC) 2
Lando Calrissian (VOTC) 3
Boba Fett (VOTC) 4

WORST
C-3PO (VOTC) 14

Jaff
01-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Every figure got a vote for best and worst, yet Padme Celebration came clear ahead of the others. As for the loser Yarua looses with Rabe a close second.

BEST
Rabe (Post OTC) 3
Padme Celebration (Post OTC) 8
Pablo Jill (Post OTC) 3
Yarua (Post OTC) 2
Sly Moore (Post OTC) 1

WORST
Pablo Jill (Post OTC) 2
Rabe (Post OTC) 5
Yarua (Post OTC) 6
Sly Moore (Post OTC) 3
Padme Celebration (Post OTC) 1

Kidhuman
01-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Tis ok Jaff, thats why I mod, I catch everything. ;) :beard:

Jaff
01-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I was stunned when they made a new Cantina wave. I never saw that coming, however the Starwars shop exclusive Emperor could be seen a mile away during 2004.

10/4
Holographic Emperor Palpatine (Starwars.shop exclusive)
11/04
Post OTC #6/05 - Felterpern Trevagg
Post OTC #7/05 - Myo
Post OTC #8/05 : Dannik Jerriko

Who’s your best and worst?

Holographic Emperor Palpatine
http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC04emperorET.asp
Felterpern Trevagg
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0506feltipern.asp
Myo
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0507myo.asp
Dannik Jerriko
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw0508dannik.asp

Jaff
01-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Holographic Emperor Palpatine - This is an easy looser of this bunch, and it’s almost unfair this fig is including against the Cantina wave, however there were no other carded figs that were released in 2004, so it had to be put in this wave.
Felterpern Trevagg - Wow! Filti just needs his girlfriend made so we can recreate his passionate death scene that takes place after Luke and Ben leaves the bar. A nice fig, unique and well sculpted.
Myo - Is just awesome. To date he is one of my favorite cantina figs made to date. His color, pose, and detail are just a force to be reckoned with. A truly superior figure.
Dannik Jerriko - ..............Ummmmmm............Maybe I should refrain myself..................Maybe I should think happy thoughts when I see this figure...................Maybe NOT. Hasbro what were you thinking? Why on earth did you ruin a figure we had been asking for years be produced? Why not make him come with 2 heads, like Luke? I don’t want to display this fig with his probes sticking out. I want him like we saw him in the movie. You can’t display him without noticing the two holes in his head when you don’t place suckers in his face. This was one of the greatest anticipated, and disappointing figures of this century. What a heartbreaker.

BEST - Myo, with ease. He’s clearly one of the best of 2004, and one of the best Cantina figs ever made.

WORST - Dannik Jerriko....I’ve said all I have to say about this one.

Kidhuman
01-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Best FElty

Worst - Palps

Bosskman
01-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Best - Feltipern

Worst - Holo Palps - but I hate the holes in Jeriko's face.

El Chuxter
01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm going with Feltipern as the best.

For worst. . . Why, oh why did you include Palpatine here? He's robbing that piece of turd Dannik of his well-deserved "worst figure" votes.

You know what? Holo Palpatine was bad. But waiting more than 20 years for Dannik, and then they totally maim him with that EU garbage? That's unforgiveable.

I think that gives Dannik an edge here. So I'm going with him for worst, even though Palpy was just a giant piece of Jell-O.

General_Grievous
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Best - Feltipern

Worst - Holo Palpatine, even though I never got him. I display Dannik with his probes, so I can look past the holes in his face.

Tycho
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I am so glad you put the Holo Emperor on this poll Jaff. That way I need not vote any cantina alien the worst!

Fletipern Trevag - I actually wanted a Gotal more than the other two aliens, but his lack of articulation next to the others, made him border on having to be chosen as the worst. He's the cooler alien, but he didn't have any working holster of any sort or come loaded with as much accessories either. But I'm so darn glad they made a Gotal!

Myo - his character design annoys me the most. Perhaps because his mouth is open and his teeth showing make him remind me of a retard? But a working holster and lots of articulation makes me overlook that he only comes with one eye ;)

Dannik Jerriko - his his probiscus snot-suckers that come removeable from his cheeks, and his pipe and hooka holster, plus all the articulation, this guy is cool. Ordinarily, I didn't think this figure would be so exciting. However, they played up on all the EU knowledge known about Anzati such that you can tell a true fan designed this figure. He came out way better than I'd ever hoped!

Palpatine LOL - here we are in 2007 and this 1997 sculpt of Palpatine is still the definitive one (sort of - the 1999 Holo-Sidious / regular Sidious was the best) but they're recarding that 2003 trash in the Endor Wave with an oversized hood that wouldn't fit on a Go-Bot. This figure is a great substitute for anyone who can't find the Holo-Sidious (I wasn't unlucky though - so I didn't need Holo Palpatine). This wasn't a bad figure, but for the scene on the Executer in ESB, a GentleGiants Holo Palpatine bust-up or regular bust would probably fit the best in so far as size. This figure is again useful for speaking with General Grievous, etc. if you want to recreate that. Overall though, the sculpt was in the running for 1997 and is never going to triumph over three 2004 cantina aliens!

BEST: Dannik Jerriko

WORST: Holo Palpatine

El Chuxter
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Dannik Jerriko - his his probiscus snot-suckers that come removeable from his cheeks, and his pipe and hooka holster, plus all the articulation, this guy is cool. Ordinarily, I didn't think this figure would be so exciting. However, they played up on all the EU knowledge known about Anzati such that you can tell a true fan designed this figure. He came out way better than I'd ever hoped!

It's one thing to acknowledge the EU. That's sort of cool.

But to take mention of things in his nose and turn them into giant pink tentacles that bear little to no resemblance to the story they're based on, and which can't be removed without leaving taco-sized holes in his face? That's not. At all. Whoever sculpted this figure should go play in traffic. It's a slap in the face to those of us who had Dannik near the top of our collective wish list for so long.

They need to revisit this sculpt soon, and fix his damned face.

Tycho
01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought 2 Danniks. I display one in my cantina of course (with the probiscus removed and "taco-sized holes in his face." I'd have preferred including two heads, but I make due. The whole bar scene's focus (in my diorama) is a collage of what's happening to Han & Luke (Greedo and Ponda respectively - though I had to show that occuring at the same time). So Dannik's important to me to fill up my bar with characters that were actually there, but he's marginalized by Muftak, the Modal Nodes, Labrina, other more iconic cantina denizens. Gosh I wish I still had that set up (my hospital tragedy, etc...well, one day...)

The other Dannik I use the probiscus in. He's going to attack a Gamorrean but looks like he's hungry for someone else (hint) just to the side of the focus of my scene with the young (Danny Logan) Boba Fett appearing before Jabba while his thugs hold off Durge from crushing him during an EU scene from the young Boba Fett series.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
The three aliens are all pretty similar in terms of articulation and quality of sculpt, the exception being the ruination of Dannik's face. He also seems to have a hole to put his pipe in, but I can't get it to stay there while he is still holding onto it.

Myo is a character that I didn't recall from the Cantina, so I was not as excited about him, but since I can't vote for Palpatine or Dannik as best, I'll pick him as best over the Gotal since Myo has a holster.

Palpatine's plus is that they didn't use the Saga sculpt, but I shall vote him worst despite Dannik's shortcomings as he was a character I was glad to get. They should redo him someday with a regular face.

BEST - Myo
WORST - Palpatine

pegger
01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Best - Myo

Worst - Holo Emp. the Ep 1 version was fantastic. This was just...lame.

Rogue II
01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Best: Myo

Worst: Holo Palpatine. Dannik Jerriko isn't a bad figure...except for the holes in his face.

sebillba
01-07-2007, 05:41 AM
Best - FELTIPERN.... this guy had been at the top of my wants list for a long, long time, so I was delighted they finally made him, and he was pretty much perfect. As far as I can tell, he's got the same amount of articulation as the other figures, but his knees are better hidden. Myo is also superb, and while I'm not so bothered about Dannik, his tentacles don't really worry me - at least they make him more alien-looking, otherwise he's just an ugly human with a papier mache nose. But I can understand why this bugs other collectors, as it's not movie accurate.

Worst - PALPATINE... I don't like holo figures at the best of times (just wish I could stop buying them!), but up against three brand new cantina aliens, he doesn't stand a chance!

Deoxyribonucleic
01-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Best = Feltipern Trevagg

Worst = Dannik Jerico!

Darth Jax
01-07-2007, 09:17 PM
best - feltipern
worst - dannik

Jaff
01-08-2007, 12:03 AM
For the first time of this poll I will admit an evil thought. I so wish Dannik would have been voted worst as I really am bitter about this fig, but he's not. Palpy stole the show as I had thought would happen. Filty and Myo were neck to neck for a while before Filty pulled number 1.

BEST
Myo (Post OTC) 4
Felterpern Trevagg (Post OTC) 8
Dannik Jerikko (Post OTC) 1

WORST
Dannik Jerikko (Post OTC) 5
Holographic Emperor (OTC) 8

as of Tagmac

tagmac
01-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry I'm coming in late, Jaff, but please include my votes. Not much I can say about this small wave, so i'll keep it simple.

Best: Feltipern Trevagg

Worst: Dannik Jerrikko - the holes in his face ruined what could have been a cool figure.

Jaff
01-08-2007, 12:25 AM
The surprisingly quick last poll of 2004 is animated figures

12/04
Animated Clone Wars: General Grievous
Animated Clone Wars: ARC Trooper
Animated Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker
Animated Clone Wars: Red Clone Trooper
Animated Clone Wars: Blue Clone Trooper
Animated Clone Wars: Yellow Clone Trooper

So which is your best and worst?

General Grievous
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedGrievous.asp
ARC Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedARCtrooper.asp
Anakin Skywalker
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedAnakinBD.asp
Red Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedCloneR.asp
Blue Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedCloneB.asp
Yellow Clone Trooper
http://www.rebelscum.com/CWanimatedCloneY.asp

Jaff
01-08-2007, 12:28 AM
O.K., I’ll admit that my sarcasm is a little thick here. Please forgive me.....

General Grievous - This is one of the nicer animated fig. It just looked creative, and not too extreme. Besides the fig was a representation of a character we were all salivating to see five months after it’s release.
ARC Trooper - A nice fig, but it was something we had seen before, just in a different format. I was wondering why they didn’t make a Shaak Ti, or Foul, or another new figure. Oh wait, I forgot it was 2004, and many new figs were not allowed this year.
Anakin Skywalker - He’s shirtless, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Red Clone Trooper - Red trooper, isn’t that great.
Blue Clone Trooper - Blue trooper, ohhh wow, the rehash-o-meter is just ringing like crazy.
Yellow Clone Trooper - Yellow trooper, I’m just going to break the rehash-o-meter. I was ready for a new year when Hasbro was going to get more creative and make some new figures, not just repaints.

BEST - Grievous

WORST - Shirtless Anakin

Tycho
01-08-2007, 01:32 AM
General Grievous - He was really cool. I think this was my first figure of General Grievous, too. It is hard not voting for him as the best, but...

ARC Trooper - OK, I love Clones. Big surprise. I have been granted the full authority of JediMasterSal to support the ARC Trooper (don't even need to ask). The Grand Army of the Republic is seldom defeated! Two working gun holsters help.

Anakin Skywalker - I like this figure and how Anakin's bio-mechanical hand is represented by cartoon. It's simplistic by way of comparison to the other two.

Blue Clone Trooper - Blue alert!

Yellow Clone Trooper - Yellow alert!

Red Clone Trooper - Red alert!

These are really Captain Kirk's Clones, huh?

BEST - ARC Trooper!

WORST - Yellow Clone - yellow shows up the least best on white - except in underwear.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-08-2007, 01:39 AM
I like this Anakin better than the first one. The Clone Troopers are the same but different colors so can't really pick one of them. I don't really like the animated Grievous. The ARC Trooper has kind of a fixed stance, but some of the pictures on the link look pretty good.

Best - ARC Trooper
Worst - Grievous

tagmac
01-08-2007, 02:03 AM
I never bought the animated figs, so I'm gonna abstain from voting this time around.

sebillba
01-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Didn't buy... not gonna vote.

Battle Droid
01-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Best: General Grievous

Worst: Anakin Skywalker

Bosskman
01-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Gonna skip these. Don't have or want any.

pegger
01-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Best - Greivous. I wish they made a "normal" Greivous fig to this size. This is what he is supposed to look like!!!

Worst - I'll say Red clone. Yellow was almost impossible to find, and I was SO happy when I found it at retail (in Canada yet too!!!)

Kidhuman
01-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Pass as I dont have any and only bought one and it was for Slick.

Darth Jax
01-08-2007, 08:13 AM
best - ARC trooper
worst - anakin, the only one of these i couldn't bring myself to purchase.

DarkArtist
01-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Best : Arc Trooper
Worst : Anakin

dindae
01-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Best Myo
Worst Dannick

Best Grevious
Worst Yellow Clone just didn't impress me as much.

Slicker
01-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Best - Unfortunately Gen. G

Worst - Can I pick all three clones? If not then I'll go with the yellow one.

Jaff
01-09-2007, 01:33 AM
It's time to do the final year end poll, and here are the results of the animated figures.

BEST
General Grievous (Animated Clone Wars) 5
ARC Trooper (Animated Clone Wars) 4

WORST
Anakin “shirtless” (Ani Clone Wars) 4
Yellow Clone Trooper (Ani Clone Wars) 3
Red Clone Trooper (Ani Clone Wars) 1
General Grievous (Animated Clone Wars) 1

Jaff
01-09-2007, 01:35 AM
If you can believe that only after 14 polls the year is over it’s time to duke out the best of 2004. So who is going to make it to the winning and loosing circle? Here are the listings and the votes that got them into this final poll.

BEST
Yoda (Animated Clone Wars) 3 TIE
Count Dooku (Animated Clone Wars) 3 TIE
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga) 9
Dutch Vander (Saga) 8
Dengar (Saga) 9
Bubo (Ultra) 9
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) 4
Jawas (OTC) 4
Han Solo (VOTC) 6
Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack) 10
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council) 3 TIE
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council) 3 TIE
Chewbacca (VOTC) 5
Padme Celebration (Post OTC) 8
Felterpern Trevagg (Post OTC) 8
General Grievous (Animated Clone Wars) 5

WORST
Durge (Animated Clone Wars) 4
Luke Skywalker Hologram (Saga) 12
TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga) 5
Bossk (Saga) 7 TIE
Han Solo as AT-ST (Saga) 7 TIE
B’Omarr Monk (Ultra) 8
Ben Kenobi Spirit (OTC) 6
Imperial Scanning Officer (OTC) 6
Luke Skywalker (VOTC) 10
Garven Dreis (X-Wing Fighter) 10
Yoda (Jedi Council) 3
C-3PO (VOTC) 14
Yarua (Post OTC) 6
Holographic Emperor (OTC) 8
Anakin “Battle Damage” (Clone Wars Ani) 4

Jaff
01-09-2007, 01:42 AM
BEST
Yoda, Count Dooku, General Grievous (Animated Clone Wars) - I wouldn’t consider any of these the best of anything.
Ki-Adi Mundi, Agen (Jedi Council) - Yet more easily dismissed figures for this group.
Bubo (Ultra), Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack), Jawas (OTC), Padme Celebration (Post OTC), Felterpern Trevagg (Post OTC) - These are nice figs to have, and they look good but not really competitive enough to stand up to the elite figs.
Han Solo (VOTC) - Now this is the best Han made, but I don’t think he’s the greatest fig of this bunch. At this point we’ve had a lot of good Han’s. The Commtech was wonderful. Thus I treat this fig as just icing on the cake, not with a shocked reverance of quality.
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga) - This figure is impressive, and the likeness is dead on. He could easily rack up as the best of years past, but this year had some awesome figures that gave this one a run for it’s money.
Chewbacca (VOTC) - As much as I would love to vote this fig as the best, and it is an incredible figure I must decline it. It’s a great figure, but like Han, Chewie is becoming remade, and repainted all the time. (comic book pack, Tin, Saga 2 x 2, Early bird, Battle Pack and so on). The repetitive nature of this character in 2006 alone has soured my praise of it.

Here is my list of BEST contenders:
Dutch Vander (Saga) - A revolutionary figure. It set a new standard to follow, and for that many of us hated Garven Dreis as a result. The detail, and flight suit nuances make it a force to be reckoned with.
Dengar (Saga) - This is one of my favorite figures ever made simply because of the detail, pose, and film accuracy. It’s just beautiful. Who cares if the character is a bit lame looking.
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) - Like Dutch, this figure was a new milestone in figure history. It was two figs in one, and had detail astounding many of us. While the figure is without many accessories it put a new twist on the versatility what we expect from figures.

BEST of 2004 - It’s either Dutch or Dengar. I love Luke, but he is quite plain next to the other two figs. Dutch is awesome, and Dengar is very appealing. I would pick both if I could, but my passion for the characters I like more than others will win this one. I pick Dengar, he just looks sinister, and is one of the best additions to one of my favorite scenes in ESB.

WORST
Durge, Anakin Skywalker “Battle Damage” (Animated Clone Wars) - I am biased with animated so I dismiss them from best or worst of anything.
TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga), Bossk (Saga), Han Solo as AT-ST (Saga), Yarua (Post OTC) - These figs are not worthy of being considered worst. Years ago they would be stunning achievements.
Garven Dreis (X-Wing Fighter), B’Omarr Monk (Ultra), Yoda (Jedi Council), Holographic Emperor (OTC) - These figs are simply in the “whatever” category. If Garven was made in 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999 we would have salivated over him. He simply suffered “Dutch standard syndrome”. The Holo emperor also suffered that fate from the Episode I Holo Sideous version.
Ben Kenobi Spirit (OTC), Imperial Scanning Officer (OTC) - The unnecessary but “that could have been better” category. I don’t necessarily hate these figs, they just don’t look as well as they should. Although the Scanner dude was sloppy, Ben showed effort, and that figure is more appreciated than the other.

These are my contenders for “lamedom”:
Luke Skywalker Hologram (Saga) - What a lack of effort put in this fig. At least the other holo figs are plain blue, showing the blatent just “push it out as is” philosophy. They actually worked to make this fig bad. It’s a hodgepodge of creative messiness.
Luke Skywalker (VOTC) - This fig looks worse than a 12” vintage Barbie, and it looks like it was made with that intention in mind. It looks too much like a doll, and his softgoods does not work at all.
C-3PO (VOTC) - Cross eyed 3PO was obviously hated in earlier polls. He was an embarrassment to say the least.

WORST - I can forgive 3PO. You can display him with his back turned, or as a background figure. He’s just so awkward and awful. The holo Luke, and the VOTC are the real duds, and honestly I don’t display them even though I have them both. Sometimes I’ll put them up if I’m displaying my figs in order of release dates, but that is rarely. I gotta pick Luke (VOTC). I pick him because if you do a Jabba dio, and the holo Luke is facing Jabba he doesn’t look as grotesque as the other fig. The softgoods fig is a midget, and a figure worthy of loosing.

bigbarada
01-09-2007, 01:45 AM
The Saga TIE Fighter Pilot is one of the best Star Wars figures ever made! I can't believe it got "worst figure" in this poll.:upset:

bigbarada
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
BEST - Contenders

Han Solo (VOTC) - Definitely the best Han ever made and still one of the greatest Star Wars figures ever made!
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga) - Awesome figure and very underappreciated.
Chewbacca (VOTC) - best Chewie ever made and the only one you really need to own
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) - Easily one of my all time favorites and the best Luke figure ever made, the only possible downside is that he seems incomplete without Yoda

BEST of 2004 - This is a tough year to pick just one "best" figure, I can only choose based on which figures I still own and would be reluctant to give up, of course that still leaves those four above and the TIE Fighter Pilot.

But I will go with VOTC Han for the Best and he might just get my vote for best Star Wars figure of all time!

WORST
TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga), Bossk (Saga) - These figs are not worthy of being considered worst. Years ago they would be stunning achievements.

I think these two are still awesome. I look back and see that the TIE Pilot only lost by a vote of 3-best and 5-worst. So I'm not taking it too hard, although I think Dodonna was a piece of crap.

I have trouble picking a "worst" figure because I ignored so much in 2004, I didn't buy anything at all until early summer.

However, I will have to pick VOTC Threepio as the Worst, he was the last VOTC figure I bought and was a complete disappointment. There was nothing I liked about this figure.

bigbarada
01-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Actually now that I go back through the thread, I see that the TIE Pilot tied General Dodonna for worst with 5 votes, didn't he?

I would pick the TIE Pilot as the best of that wave (would I go through all of this trouble if I didn't).

Dodonna would definitely be the worst for me.

I understand if you don't want to change your selections because I'm a little late to this game; but I just don't like seeing such a quality figure labeled as "worst" of anything.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-09-2007, 02:47 AM
BEST
I can't vote for an animated figure as best so that eliminates:
Yoda (Animated Clone Wars)
Count Dooku (Animated Clone Wars)
General Grievous (Animated Clone Wars)

Bubo (Ultra) is certainly not a contender.

While fine additions to their respective 3-packs, these don't measure up with the best:
Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Council)
Agen Kolar (Jedi Council)
Blue Snaggletooth (Cantina 3-pack)

I thought Padme Celebration (Post OTC) was near the bottom of her wave, so I can't vote her the best.

I've never been too excited about the Jawas (OTC) either. I prefer my vintage ones.

Felterpern Trevagg (Post OTC) is a good figure, but wasn't my vote for best in the wave.

Dengar (Saga) is better than I have given it credit for, but still falls short for me.

Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) is good at being two figures, but both are too scene specific.

Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga) was a much improved resculpt, but lack of knee articulation eliminates him from contention.

Tough to choose between the final three. Dutch Vander (Saga) set the standard for X-Wing pilots. Chewbacca (VOTC) is the ultimate Chewie to have. However, I'll have to go with Han Solo (VOTC) as the best.

WORST

I won't elaborate as much on the worst, other than to say that many such as Han as AT-ST, TIE Fighter Pilot and Bossk could easily be in the best list. I think that shows how the quality of figures has really improved, and why 2004 was one of my favorite years.

In the end, I'll go with C-3PO (VOTC) as worst. Technically, I could probably pick an animated figure or something, but C-3PO gets the worst because it fails miserably to live up to the standards of what a VOTC figure should be. At least Luke had some articulation and attempted to give us a soft goods Luke, which I think may be the only such Tatooine Luke figure (not counting the TSC poncho).

BEST - Han Solo VOTC
WORST - C-3PO VOTC

Tycho
01-09-2007, 03:34 AM
BEST: Luke Dagobah - I'm surprised to be inclined to vote for him over Amidala Theed Ceremony and Feltipern Trevagg. The lack of range of motion in both my other two contenders (moreso with Padme) and Feltipern's sort of lack in detail kind of steered me away from these. I'd have voted for Dutch, but I never demanded his character be made as a figure. I love the Han VOTC but never bought it as I didn't need resculpts. I did buy and like the animated figures, but I also never expected them and could have really lived just fine without them.

WORST: Garven Dreis - I so much wanted a good figure of him like in VOTC Luke Pilot figure quality or Dutch Vander style.

sebillba
01-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Best - For me, there are only two contenders: VOTC Han and Chewie. They are the definitive versions of two of the greatest SW characters of all time, and as such, are two of my favourite figures ever made. It's hard for me to choose between them, though I'm tempted to to plump for Chewie at this stage. However, I'm going to hold off voting till later, as I may change my mind as the day (and the voting) goes on. After all, I'd hate to see Han lose out to another figure by one vote, because I'd used up my vote on Chewie.............

Worst - VOTC C-3PO... this should have been the definitive 3PO, but it was one of the worst. Nothing about it made it worthy of the VOTC line.

Bosskman
01-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Best - Dengar

Worst - VOTC 3PO - worst 3PO ever - this forum thread is fuelling my rage against this figure.

Kidhuman
01-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Best - Dengar

Worst VOTC C3PO

pegger
01-09-2007, 09:39 AM
For best: Well, my choices are:

Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard (Saga)
Dutch Vander (Saga)
Dengar (Saga)
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC)
Han Solo (VOTC)
Chewbacca (VOTC)

All of these were really top notch...But for Best I will have to say....Chewbacca. After this one, there is no reason to buy another Chewie.

As much as C-3P0 is giant pile of poop, I have to agree with Tycho and vote
Garven Dreis (X-Wing Fighter) as worst because C-3P0 will atleast get resulpted. I'm afraid that this piece of garbage is the only Garven we will ever see.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Worst - VOTC 3PO - worst 3PO ever - this forum thread is fuelling my rage against this figure.
So, you have rage against the machine?

El Chuxter
01-09-2007, 11:07 AM
First, know that I, General Grievous, am the best of this wave of CW Animated figures.

Worst, I was going to say Yellow Clone, but so as not to rock the boat, I'll say the red one.

I'll come back to the "best of the year" later.

dindae
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Best - Dutch Vander (Saga) - to me there we better figure this year. This one is a great figure and was everything I wanted from this character. Luke Dagobah was a close second due to the way it interacts with the Yoda but the sculpting was nearly as nice as Dutch.

Worst - C-3PO (VOTC) - while Garvis was junk it was a rehash and it was a pack in and I see those figures as freebies with a vehicle. The C-3PO was someone's idea of an excellent figure. They believed in this sculpt enough to charge $10 for it. And every time they release again I feel like kicking them square in the nuts.

tagmac
01-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Here are my top choices for the best:
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard - I loved the likeness and the detail on this one. The fact that it was a re-hash of a figure that was already pretty good knocks off a few points, but this was still a great figure in its own right.
Dutch Vander - this is what all Rebel Pilots should look like, and it shows Hasbro learned, as I recently shelled out $30 for the Snowspeeder just because the work on Zev Senesca was just as a good.
Han Solo - A great-looking Han Solo figure, with the best likeness of all the Han figures. The poseability only adds to the high quality here.
Padme Celebration - This is one figure that I had been waiting for for a long time, and it did not disappoint. The likeness was almost dead-on and the detail of the costume was outstanding.

....and worst:
Luke Skywalker (VOTC) - just like with the 12" version, they just couldn't get this one right. While the hight and cloth goods didn't bother me, they once again ruined what could have been a great figure with a ridiculous look on the face, and a poor likeness as a result.
Garven Dreis - If Dutch is what pilot figures should look like, than dries is an example of what they should not. Had we gotten this figure in '95-'96, I don't think anyone would have noticed. However, after the superior figures we got from the Pilots cinema scene, X-Wing Luke #2, and Vander, this figure was a huge disappointment, and certainly not worth wasting money on yet another X-Wing fighter. Hopefully we'll get a properly re-packaged version of red Leader eventually, because this one was just garbage.
C-3PO (VOTC) - I have to admit, I didn't hate this figure all that much, but I'll concede it could have been much better, and the false shortage of this figure (leading me to have to buy it at secondary for $20 after passing one up at a closing KB I never thought Kebco would refund my money) really brings down my opinion of this figure.

Having never bought any of the animated figures, I did not count them in either spot here. Therefore, here are my final votes:

Best: Padme Celebration
Worst: Garven Dreis

Deoxyribonucleic
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Best = Yellow Clone

Worst = Anakin

TheDarthVader
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I am going for two pilots here...

Best is Dutch Vander.
Worst is Garven Dreis.

I am not going to vote on the clone wars waves because I do not collect these.

General_Grievous
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Best - Dutch Vander, because I can't choose between VOTC Han and Chewie.

Worst - VOTC C-3PO

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Best - Han Solo (VOTC)
Worst - C-3PO (VOTC)

Darth Jax
01-09-2007, 06:44 PM
best - lando skiff guard
worst - 3PO, would've been bad as a regular figure but as since he was VOTC and more than a regular figure it makes him doubly awful.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Best = Yellow Clone

Worst = Anakin

This is weird, I actually posted this last night?? And it's just showing up in all the middle of 2004 making ME look like an idiot!! :upset: Well, I still go with this and for the year end 2004...

BEST = VOTC Han Solo

WORST = Animated Anakin

sebillba
01-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Ok, time to choose between Han and Chewie......... Looks like I'll have to go with VOTC HAN as best. (VOTC C-3PO is still worst.)

Bosskman
01-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Looks like the best and worst of 2004 is the best and worst of VOTC heh, heh,heh... (in Moe-esque voice)

Jaff
01-11-2007, 09:25 AM
It looks like Bosskman was right on the money with his statement. It was a fight of the VOTC that defined the year end. Dutch and Dengar tried to compete but couldn't hold their own against Han. 3PO was a lame duck right from the outset.

Year end 2004
BEST
Dengar (Saga) 3
Han Solo (VOTC) 5
Luke Skywalker Dagobah (OTC) 1
Chewbacca (VOTC) 1
Dutch Vander (Saga) 3
Padme Celebration (Post OTC) 1
Lando Skiff Calrissian (Saga) 1

WORST
Luke Skywalker Tatooine (VOTC) 1
C-3PO (VOTC) 9
Garven Dreis (X-Wing) 4
Anakin Skywalker “Battle Damage (A CW) 1

So here they are - The best of the years....

The BEST
1995/96 - Jawas (POTF)
1997 - Cantina Band Member
1998 - Zuckuss (POTF Slide)
1999 - Aunt Beru (Flashback)
2000 - Han Solo “Bespin Capture” (POTJ)
2001 - FX-7 (Saga)
2002 - Ephant Mon (Saga)
2003 - Wat Tambor (Saga)
2004 - Han Solo (VOTC)

The WORST
1995/96 - Princess Leia Organa (POTF)
1997 - Ben Kenobi (Cantina Showdown)
1998 - R2-D2 with lightsaber (Flashback)
1999 - Battle Droid (Theed Hanger Playset)
2000 - Podrace Announcers (Jabba Beast Asst.)
2001 - Bespin Security Guard (Freezing Playset)
2002 - Anakin Skywalker (Force flip Deluxe)
2003 - R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight (Saga)
2004 - C-3PO (VOTC)

Jaff
01-11-2007, 09:31 AM
The sneak peak showed us a unique package we had never seen before, and some really detailed figures. Finally we had Grievous, and a WOOKIE WARRIOR!

2/05
Episode III Sneak Peak figure - General Grievous
Episode III Sneak Peak figure - Wookiee Warrior
Episode III Sneak Peak figure - R4-G9
Episode III Sneak Peak figure - Tion Meddon

Which is your best and worst?

General Grievous
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneakgrievous.asp
Wookiee Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneakwookiee.asp
R4-G9
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneakr4g9.asp
Tion Meddon
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTSsneaktionmedon.asp

dindae
01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Best - Tion - the character had a lot of texture and the figure captures it all.

worst - Grevious - he is too short and not as good as the rest although just marginally beat out the wookie.

Jaff
01-11-2007, 09:38 AM
General Grievous - To date this is the best Grievous we have had IMO. 1st. He can stand (unlike exploding grievous), 2nd. He’s got great articulation, and his cape is pretty cool. Although the Grievous that came with 4 lightsabers looks great displayed this one just holds the power if you line all the Grievous’ side by side.
Wookiee Warrior - This tower came with neat accessories, and because his clothing was removable it made good for army building. His gun happens to be very nice too.
R4-G9 - Well, it’s a nice droid, and wasn’t this droid in Episode II? Whatever the case it was a standard and welcome figure, but nowhere near the best circle.
Tion Meddon - I love this figure, and character. He is just so serene and sinister, and the fine detail of his skin and cloak were incredible. In my eyes no other fig stands a chance at the best with this one.

BEST - Tion Meddon

WORST - R4-G9, he’s a good figure, but not when standing against the other figs.

pegger
01-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I remember being really excited by these figures. before the movie came out, I was going crazy waiting for them....

General Grievous - To date this is the best Grievous we have had IMO. 1st. He can stand (unlike exploding grievous), 2nd. He’s got great articulation, and his cape is pretty cool. Although the Grievous that came with 4 lightsabers looks great displayed this one just holds the power if you line all the Grievous’ side by side.

Before seeing the movie, I thought this was a cool figure. After seeing the movie...the scale is all wrong - and the cape is the wrong colour. Greivous should be WAY taller, and more hunched over....

Wookiee Warrior - This tower came with neat accessories, and because his clothing was removable it made good for army building. His gun happens to be very nice too.
It was nice to get more wookies!!! Before the movie came out, I was really hoping that we see A LOT of Kashyyk....we barely got any in the movie...but the figure is still a solid one. Tall, heavy, good accessories...very very nice

R4-G9 - Well, it’s a nice droid, and wasn’t this droid in Episode II? Whatever the case it was a standard and welcome figure, but nowhere near the best circle.

No - this was Episode 3. The episode 2 droid gets "killed" in the first scene. I really disagree with you on this one Jaff. They used a superior sculpt on this one, it's got feet cables, a light-up eye, a very cool accessory (the holo planet) the middle leg retracts, and it's copper!!! A nice, not too shiny, copper that I wish they could mimic for the silver on R2-D2. Of course, I'm an astromech nut..but I really love this guy. Haveing said that, I do recognize that he is the only re-paint in the bunch...

Tion Meddon - I love this figure, and character. He is just so serene and sinister, and the fine detail of his skin and cloak were incredible. In my eyes no other fig stands a chance at the best with this one..

When I saw this figure I figured he was a "bad guy" for sure. The sculpting is fantastic, and the look is almost spot on with the movie. The details in the face and the cloak was top-notch. But...it's a salt-shaker...

For me - I'd have to say:

BEST - Tion Meddon - the sculpt was too good not to vote for him

WORST - Grievous - the problems with the scale make this a dud for me. He's just way too short.

sebillba
01-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Best - TION MEDDON... I can only agree with everyone else so far - an amazing sculpt, superb detail, spot-on likeness. I also thought he was going to be a baddie, and after seeing the film I thought his character was wasted. I thought the Grievous figure was cool (though mine has always had trouble standing), but I wasn't over impressed by his presence in the film - he seemed too much like one for the kids. Tion could've made a far more sinister and menacing baddie. Wookie Warrior is a close second for me as best figure.

Worst - I'm tempted to choose Grievous... I quickly tired of the character, and I'm not keen on any of my figures... but when this one came out, I thought it looked great, and was excited to get it, whereas R4-G9 was just another astromech droid as far as I was concerned. Plus the hologram accessory has drooped and warped. So R4 gets my vote for worst.

Tycho
01-11-2007, 10:46 AM
General Grievous Standing him frustrates me as does the weaker plastic. The cape only helps balance him when his legs are properly adjusted. I was a bit disappointed.

Wookiee Warrior - This figure is plain fun. This is what PLAYING with my Star Wars toys is all about. It figures I like this one. in 1977 Chewbacca was my favorite Star Wars character. ROTS meant a return of the Wookiees to me! All the accessories were cool, too.

R4-G9 - OK - I like getting new astromechs. The Entertainment Earth exclusive sets finally satisfied me though. I won't get too excited over new droids now - save for some R5 repaints that are possible.

Tion Meddon - He's a salt shaker and evidentally his appearance in the movie wasn't all that important (or well utilized). Sure the sculpt's good, but the source material is boring in a way.

BEST - Wookiees Rule!

WORST - R4-G9

Kidhuman
01-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Best - Tion

Worst - Droid

Deoxyribonucleic
01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Best = Tion

Worst = Grievous

DarkArtist
01-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Best : General Grievous
Worst: Tion

General_Grievous
01-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Best - Grievous. Sure, the scale's wrong, but he's still a cool figure. This was the most visually appealing out of the wave.

Worst - Tion Medon. Not a bad figure at all. Just...boring.

El Chuxter
01-11-2007, 03:29 PM
My best and worst of the year would've been VOTC Han and VOTC Threepio, respectively, so my votes wouldn't do anything but confirm what looks like a landslide.

Well, unless I can write in Dannik.

For the sneak preview wave, I'd say Tion is the best. If not for the scale issue, it'd be Grievous.

Worst, R4. Nothing new here, really. Two movies in a row, they churned out a recolored astromech to round out the sneak preview figures. While astromechs are cool, I didn't think either time, "Omigod, what's this robot going to do? Who is he?" That should be the point of a sneak preview figure.

The Wookiee was cool, but some inconsistent coloring and a head that looked like an obsolete Chewie head with dreadlocks kept it from being the best by a pretty long shot.

Bosskman
01-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Best - Tion (but his eyes would look cooler without the white)

Worst - Greivous (I like the other color scheme better)

pegger
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
. While astromechs are cool, I didn't think either time, "Omigod, what's this robot going to do? Who is he?" That should be the point of a sneak preview figure.

maybe YOU didn't.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Best - R4-G9, this sculpt is just too damn good
Worst - General Grievous, mainly because he's completely the wrong color

Mad Slanted Powers
01-11-2007, 08:05 PM
General Grievous - I didn't like this figure that much. I didn't really experiment much with him so I didn't realize how articulated he was until I got the TSC repack version. I've had trouble with him falling over.

Wookiee Warrior - Now this is one kong @ss figure! He makes Chewbacca look like a runt. Some good articulation for such a bulky figure. I don't like that the helmet and shin guards don't stay on well.

R4-G9 - Another fine astro droid. He has the improved sculpt, wheels to roll on, and a retractable middle leg. However, you have to turn his head to make the leg go up and down.

Tion Medon - A nice sculpt, and some great articulation in the arms. The lack of articulation in the lower body isn't a problem, as it seems to match his appearance in the film quite well.

BEST - Tion Medon wins because these parts falling off the Wookiee are annoying me.

WORST - General Grievous

tagmac
01-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Best: Tion Meddon. This was an awesome sculpt, with great detail. The only drawback is the scale - it should have been at least as tall as the Wookiee Warrior.

Worst: General Greivous. Not a bad figure (best of all the non-deluxe Greivous figures), but the worst of this group. Even more out of scale than Tion Meddon.

Darth Jax
01-11-2007, 08:59 PM
best - R4
worst - wookiee warrior

bigbarada
01-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Best: Wookie Warrior - I was just too excited about new Wookie figures to care that this is really not that great of a Wookie figure (especially after VOTC Chewie), still it's the only one I bought of the Sneak Previews.

Worst: R4 - while I usually really like Astromechs, something about the pink and copper color scheme just didn't appeal to me. I half expected this to be the first "girl Astromech" in the movies, although we never really saw this droid onscreen (unless it was the one who got ripped apart in the opening battle).

Tycho
01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I assumed that was Obi-Wan's 2nd Astromech - the one from Utopau.

The one that was ripped apart by buzzdroids seemed to have a red dome.

Jaff
01-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Everyone got picked for everything in this one, but the best is clear, and the worst was close:

BEST
Tion Meddon 10
Wookiee Warrior 2
General Grievous 2
R4-G9 2

WORST
R4-G9 6
Wookiee Warrior 1
General Grievous 7
Tion Meddon 2

Jaff
01-13-2007, 07:33 AM
In early April we were confronted with no less than 40 figures, not including vehicles and beasts. It was a daunting number of items, and for a list we are going to do 10 at a time. I spent over $300 bucks on this night!!!!!

4/2/05
Episode III #1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
Episode III#2: Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
Episode III#3: Yoda (Firing Cannon)
Episode III#4: Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-blaster)
Episode III#5: Chewbacca (Wookie Rage)
Episode III#6: Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack)
Episode III#7: R2-D2 (Slashing Attack)
Episode III#8: Grievous’s Bodyguard (Battle Attack)
Episode III#9: General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
Episode III#10: Mace Windu (Force Combat)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0501obiwan.asp
Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0502anakin.asp
Yoda (Firing Cannon)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0503yoda.asp
Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-blaster)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0504sbd.asp
Chewbacca (Wookie Rage)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0505chewbacca.asp
Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0506clonetrooper.asp
R2-D2 (Slashing Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0507r2d2.asp
Grievous’s Bodyguard (Battle Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0508grievousguard.asp
General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0509grievous.asp
Mace Windu (Force Combat)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0510macewindu.asp

Jaff
01-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack) - This fair, but uninspiring Obi-Wan is a great dio figure. I prefer the later Obi-Wan pilot figure, but this fig has its uses.
Anakin Skywalker (Lightsaber Attack) - Anakin looks like Anakin, and that is awesome. I like the fig, even though I prefer the slashing attack version. Although this fig was rehased to death I still like it.
Yoda (Firing Cannon) - There is no better lightsaber holding Yoda than this one. Fantastic detail, nice neutral pose, and with a removable cape to boot.
Super Battle Droid (Firing Arm-blaster) - Super Battle Droids with weak legs look like their melting. Two hole stands and walls to prop up the figs are nice to have with this fig. However the sculpt is much better than the Episode II version.
Chewbacca (Wookie Rage) - Not a great figure. It looks like Chewie, even though he leans everywhere, but his articulation points stand out very much, making it look kind of weak.
Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack) - A clone Trooper that is super articulated right from the start. How can you go wrong with this one?
R2-D2 (Slashing Attack) - Slashing attack???? Cute arm, but a little big... The R2 was a nice fig, but I deem this a lesser R2 because their is a big hole in his head that supposed to be used for a useless accessory.
Grievous’s Bodyguard (Battle Attack) - These dudes are just cool looking. They are also kin to IG-88 so that makes them even better.
General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack) - Nice to have a grievous that can be displayed with all four of his lightsabers. As I said before I like the Sneak Peak sculpt better, but his splitting arms are just wickedly cool.
Mace Windu (Force Combat) - Do you ever wonder if Sam Jackson walks into a store, looks at a figure of him and says: “What the....” For some reason I could see him saying that over this fig that has no likeness of Sam. It’s really sad because Padme, Anakin, and Obi Wan was dead on.

BEST - Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack) - No improvement can be made on this figure.

WORST - Camera double Windu.

sebillba
01-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Best - I've a feeling the clone will win this easily, but my vote goes to YODA. The best prequel Yoda so far... decent sculpt, good articulation (finally, separate legs!) and a removable cloak! This was my favourite figure from the whole ROTS series.

Worst - SUPER BATTLE DROID... doesn't really add anything to the AOTC version. I can't even remember if I bought this one.

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Everyone got picked for everything in this one, but the best is clear, and the worst was close:

BEST
Tion Meddon 10
Wookiee Warrior 2
General Grievous 2
R4-G9 2

WORST
R4-G9 6
Wookiee Warrior 1
General Grievous 7
Tion Meddon 2

Shouldnt GG be in bold?

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Best - GG Guard

Worst - Anakin.

Bosskman
01-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Best - Clone
Worst - Mace

Battle Droid
01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Best - Clone Trooper

Worst - Anakin Skywalker

El Chuxter
01-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Best: #6 Clonetrooper

Worst: Mace

pegger
01-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Shouldnt GG be in bold?

Yeah! just cause you voted GG the best - doesn't mean you can rig the results....Who do you think you are? GWB?

Best - Grievous' Bodyguard

Worst - Mace....again.

General_Grievous
01-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Best - Clone Trooper. No arguments there.

Worst - Super Battle Droid. I don't know what you guys are talking about. This figure is way worse than Mace or Anakin.

Shouldn't #11 Palpatine and #12 Vader be included in this wave? They were released in the same case as these.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2007, 02:17 PM
He's doing them ten at a time. Also, yeah, it seems Grievous lost the previous poll.

Best - Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack!)
Worst - Mace Windu (Gorilla Arms! er, Force Combat!)

This wave was pretty good, but most of the figures were later redone much better, as is usually the case with the initial batch of movie figures. This was also the rise of the exclamation point.

bigbarada
01-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Best: Clonetrooper (he was improved by getting rid of the quick draw action later, but still better than the other garbage in this wave)

Worst: everything else, but if I just have ot pick one, I'll say...... oh,...... R2 whatever.

Kidhuman
01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Shouldn't #11 Palpatine and #12 Vader be included in this wave? They were released with these.

Technically the first 32-36 were released with these depending on where you were.

General_Grievous
01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Technically the first 32-36 were released with these depending on where you were.

I meant in the same case of the wave. From what I remember the waves were:
#1-12, #13-16, #17-20, #21-24, #25-32, #33-36, etc.

Tycho
01-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I liked all these figures. It's really hard to choose.

Best - Clone Trooper, General Grievous...OK, I'm narrowing it down

Worst - Anakin's head sculpt is not a highlight, Mace's shoulders are not cool

BEST: Clone Trooper

WORST: Mace - Anakin's versatile accessories save him.

I really could have gone through an itemized all the virtues of each figure, but it seems like a lot of effort. For a great part, the ROTS figures were some of the best Hasbro ever put out!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Anakin, Mace and Obi-Wan are all okay figures, but the joints are all floppy and look kind of blocky.

Upon closer inspection, I concur that this Yoda is a pretty good figure. Separate legs, great arm articulation, and he has a good holding his lightsaber pose. However, the cloak kind of ruins the figure for me. The big gun accessory was not really necessary other than to give more value to a pack containing such a small figure.

The Super Battle Droid is a bit better than the AOTC version, but I still don't like the figure. No way he can stand on his own with the big gun arm on.

Chewbacca has good articulation and is not a bad figure, but once again suffers from the blocky joint problem.

A floppy right arm on the Clone Trooper is his only flaw. His joints don't suffer the same problem as the other figures

Not sure what's going on with R2. The droid junk that came with him had a C-3PO like head in it, making me think something was going to happen to him again.

I just opened this Grievous. I think I like it better than the preview figure and the other basic figure. It has the four lightsabers like the deluxe version, but I still think they need to find a way to make that feature look better.

Grievous' Bodyguard is also a decent figure, but his cape limits his movement. You have to remove his head to take the cape off. The action feature gives him floppy arms like the other action feature figures.

BEST - Clone Trooper
WORST - R2-D2 mainly because he is the least useful of the bunch.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
R2-D2 (Slashing Attack) - Slashing attack????[/QUOTE]Actually, it looks as if this one was called "Droid Attack".

Jaff
01-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Shouldnt GG be in bold?

Yes, your right, oooppppps. I was hoping no one could notice so that I could rig this poll like Pegger said.

As to General Grievous' question as to why I didn't put in #11 and #12 ROTS figures there was a reason. On the initial release night there were 40 figures released on blister. I thought it was logical to release them on the poll 10 at a time.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2007, 07:53 PM
On the initial release night there were 40 figures released on blister. I thought it was logical to release them on the poll 10 at a time.How widespread was that? Around here, there were only 32 figures for a while.

Jaff
01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
How widespread was that? Around here, there were only 32 figures for a while.

Back in 2005 six cases of the Mas Amedda figures were shipped with the grand opening in most stores. Where I was they lasted about 30 minutes. Toys R Us went through 8 cases of them at about the same time. When I checked with K-Mart they still had one of the figures on their shelf. However no one there knew about SW figs to be able to verify how many Mas cases they got. Since I'm in little Williamsport, PA I assume it was wider in other areas. Anyone wish to disclose if they found these figs in the first 48 hours of Episode III's release? Maybe we can get some verification on these figs for you Mad.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 12:39 AM
I guess the figures were supposed to come out in April for the big release night, right? April 2nd IIRC.

Well, I got almost all of the figures early back in late January or early February I believe. They came out on my Wal-Mart's toy pallets during stocking. I think the boxes had "do not display until April 2nd on them," but I went for it and bought 6 cases or more and then distributed the stash around between me and my collecting buddies. We got a lot of the figures. Furthermore, we staked out the store and got more of the first 12 well before release time, too. When April 2nd rolled around, I was mostly army building - I had my Obi-Wans, Anakins, etc. I still spent a ton of money and filled my truck up with ships / vehicles, 12" etc.

But that was one of my best pallet raids, LOL. I called all my friends in my collecting group at close to midnight and they were all grumpy that I was waking them up or whatever. An hour later we were all at Denny's, sorting out piles and piles of figures! It was crazy.

I recovered 3/4 of it (for figures that weren't for me) but I spent like $3,000 in one swoop when that stuff hit early. I was sure Wal-Mart was going to say something when I was checking out, but it went without a hitch.

LOL - I remember we didn't have an even number of Aayla Securas and the guys in my group were arguing over her and I laid it out that I found them and they wouldn't have any figures if it weren't for me....

Anyway, then we spread out from there and stayed up a lot of nights hitting the 10 or so Wal-Marts in our greater San Diego area. I think it was mostly in vain, but there were freak instances, like when figures #1-12 came out during the middle of the day and I got an emergency call to go to one Wal-Mart immediately. I got Yoda, the Sith Eyes Anakin, Chewbacca, Vader, a few I distinctly remember that trip.

tagmac
01-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Best: Anakin Skywalker

Worst: Super Battle Droid

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Back in 2005 six cases of the Mas Amedda figures were shipped with the grand opening in most stores. Where I was they lasted about 30 minutes. Toys R Us went through 8 cases of them at about the same time. When I checked with K-Mart they still had one of the figures on their shelf. However no one there knew about SW figs to be able to verify how many Mas cases they got. Since I'm in little Williamsport, PA I assume it was wider in other areas. Anyone wish to disclose if they found these figs in the first 48 hours of Episode III's release? Maybe we can get some verification on these figs for you Mad.Checking my records, I didn't find anything past #32 until 4/27. I went to Target when it opened on 4/2 so I could get the Lava Vader, but I didn't stay there too long to look because we were told we couldn't get more than three figures. I'm pretty sure they didn't have them though. Wal-Mart had already been open a while by the time I got over there. I don't think I got to check TRU that day. I think there would have been some remnants of the wave at one of the stores if they had been there. K-Mart didn't even have any figures that I could see. They still haven't had much since that time, but I don't check there much anymore. I think that those figures must not have made it here at first, or else they were not put out.

I go to Williamsport, PA on business twice a year, and Springfield, MO once a year. Now that the TRU where I live is closed, that's probably the only time I'll get to go to TRU this year.

Jaff
01-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Well if you go to Williampsort PA, I was the manager on duty at the Montoursville Wal-Mart back in that day. We got six cases. I know because the customers got them first, and I only got one fig of the final 8 and I was hunting for them for weeks. I didn't find them till the end of the month. Trust me, they were out there, just in really short quantities.

With that said, here are the results for the first batch:

BEST
Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack) 9
Yoda (Firing Cannon) 1
General Grievous’ Guard 2
Anakin Skywalker (lightsaber attack) 1

WORST
Mace Windu (Force Combat) 6
Super Battle Droid (Firing) 3
Anakin Skywalker (lightsaber attack) 2
R2-D2 (Slashing attack) 2

Jaff
01-14-2007, 03:26 AM
4/2/05
Episode III#11: Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
Episode III#12: Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
Episode III#13: Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
Episode III#14: Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
Episode III#15: Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
Episode III#16: Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
Episode III#17: Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
Episode III#18: C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
Episode III#19: Padme Amidala (Republic Senator)
Episode III#20: Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)

Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0511vader.asp
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0512palpatine.asp
Count Dooku (Sith Lord)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0513dooku.asp
Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0514palpatine.asp
Bail Organa (Republic Senator)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0515bailorgana.asp
Plo Koon (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0516plokoon.asp
Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0517battledroid.asp
C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0518c-3po.asp
Padme Amidala (Republic Senator)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0519padme.asp
Agen Kolar (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0520agenkolar.asp

Jaff
01-14-2007, 03:28 AM
Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack) - Uggh, another Darth. This fig was so eisily ignorable that I don’t care about it one way or the other. It was better than many other Darth's made, but at this point I didn't care!!!
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning) - Palpatine with a lightsaber, and a hood that is not oversized. Wait a minute, you can take his hood off. Yessssssss!
Count Dooku (Sith Lord) - There is no hesitation when I say this is the best Dooku ever. The likeness is wonderful, and his soft goods cape works better than any softgoods I have seen in a long time.
Chancellor Palpatine (Supreme Chancellor) - His outfit is a bit drab, but I like the fig and have no complaints about it.
Bail Organa (Republic Senator) - Another dead on likeness, with holster and neutral sculpt. This line was just wonderful.
Plo Koon (Jedi Master) - I like this Plo, but since we had two versions of this Jedi it got dwarfed by the other figs a little. I’m glad to finally have a neutral, capeless Plo though.
Battle Droid (Separatist Army) - What is with the rubbery legs. These are the best looking Battle Droids, but the worst plastic available. Bummer.
C-3PO (Protocol Droid) - Yet another Best to add to resculpting. It seems every figure they remade for this line was a master of figures before. 3PO joins palpy, Dooku, and Yoda. Awesome.
Padme Amidala (Republic Senator) - A great figure, and her softgoods look good, but she doesn’t compare to the others.
Agen Kolar (Jedi Master) - Now this is one cool looking Jedi, and look at his robes, it’s even removable. The detail is also above standard.

BEST - Agen Kolar or Count Dooku.....It’s hard to narrow one down. I just think Agen looks cool, and maybe they can make him better someday, but Dooku is positively the absolute best I think this figure could ever be. It’s just a perfect figure.

WORST - Battle Droid: In a line with stunning quality and new standards this fig was a reminder of mistakes that haunt collectors today.

sebillba
01-14-2007, 04:16 AM
I saw all of the first 32 in TRU on that first day - unfortunately I was trying to cut down my collecting, so ignored characters I already had - Vader, 3PO, Obi-Wan, Plo, Saesee, Aayla, etc. Of course, this resolve didn't last long, and I ended up getting every one of them soon after, and realised they were some of the best examples of those characters. I kicked myself, not only because I had to pay more for a couple of them, but on that first day TRU were actually letting me get a holographic Yoda for every two others I bought! I must've got 9 or 10... but I could have got 16! I only wanted one, so sold the others on ebay, and recouped a lot of my spending.

Anyway, I still haven't decided which one to vote for best.... although I initially passed on Plo, I really love this one, and it's definitely a contender... Emp Palpatine and Dooku are both awesome - I bought both of these straight away, even though I already had both characters... special mention to Agen Kolar - I never realised his robes came off like that! Wow, that's such a cool feature! I'm not so bothered about this jedi though - why can't they do this for some of the others, like Saesee and Plo??

Ok, I've got to make a decision.... not Kolar... Palps has got a spring-loaded sleeve, so not him.... Dukoo is just about perfect - superb sculpt and likeness, nice soft goods, great articulation.... but I'm still being drawn by Plo - he's a jedi and an alien - a winning combination in my book!

Best - PLO KOON

Worst - this is easier... I hate floppy legged BATTLE DROIDs.

Tycho
01-14-2007, 07:01 AM
BEST: Dooku is just above and beyond any of the other figures here. I agree with a lot of the other honorable mentions being tossed around though - the assesment of Agen Kolar, C-3PO and so forth are right on!

WORST: Battle Droid - I think I agree with everyone else that the plastic choice Hasbro made here hurts an otherwise good sculpt and useful figure. I'd love a straight answer about their materials use on these figures. I heard something about brittle plastic from them - but the E1 BattleDroids had no such problem. The warping started with OOM-9 in that same line though.

BTW, Mad Slanted Powers, I would have expected a riot if customers went into Target and were only allowed to buy 3 Star Wars figures per customer on April 2nd! My Target had no such rules, but I really went there for Clone Pilots and ARC-170s as I'd already done most of my shopping at midnight that night at Toys R Us.

Bosskman
01-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Best - C-3PO - this is the BEST 3PO EVER

Worst - BD is warpy, but Padme's Face is truly horrible. I gotta go with Padme as worst.

Kidhuman
01-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Best - Dooku

Worst - Battle Droid

pegger
01-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Best - Dooku or 3P0.....I'll go ....3P0.

Wrost - Battle droid.

Battle Droid
01-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Best: Count Dooku

Worst: Emperor Palpatine

bigbarada
01-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Best: C-3P0 (this figure was the only reason I went to Midnight Madness, and he's still one of the best Threepio figures ever made.)

Worst: Padme (who wants a pregnant action figure?)

Darth Jax
01-14-2007, 10:31 AM
worst - wilting battle droids will be the worst of every wave they come in.

best - none of these were heads and shoulders above the rest so i'll go with plo koon.

previous
best - clone trooper
worst - mace

General_Grievous
01-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Best - Dooku, even though the Threepio is brilliant.

Worst - Battle Droid. Pretty open and shut case here.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 02:58 PM
This is a pretty good batch of figures for the most part.

Darth Vader - One of my least favorite Vaders. Kind of a preposed stance, and the limited articulation in the left arm annoys me. It does have the ball jointed shoulder, but that is nullified by the fixed elbow.

Emperor Palpatine - I was thinking that this was the same as the Saga and TSC version but this is actually better. I still don't like it much, but it does have good shoulder articulation and the removeable hood.

Count Dooku - Now this is an excellent figure. Great articulation, a soft goods cape, and removeable parts. I do think the removeable head and hands could have been done better though. One side has the peg on the arm, the other side has the peg on the hand.

Chancellor Palpatine - Underneath that plastic cape is an awesome figure with great articulation. Considering that he is sitting when he is being held captive, it would have made sense to put a cloth robe on him. Also, I've not been able to figure out how to put the binders on him. They close fine on their own, but can't figure out how to position the hands so that they fit on him.

Bail Organa - Once again, a great figure under the cape. At least this one is only a half cape and is easier to remove. A working holster too, but it is on the cape side so that makes it a little harder to reach. I like the comment on the one rebelscum pic - "Pretty Heart-Shaped Girly Belt Buckle".

Plo Koon - Another decent figure with great articulation. I've had some trouble with him holding his lightsaber though.

Battle Droid - Not a bad looking droid, but I couldn't keep it standing well on it's base, so I had to use a round plastic stand. I guess the good thing is that the stance is such that I can get feet on both pegs.

C-3PO - A very good Threepio with removeable parts.

Padme - Yet another decent figure, but not as good as some of the others.

Agen Kolar - Mixed feelings on this one. I don't usually like plastic robes, but these are removeable. Overall, not a bad figure though. The quality on these last eight are much better than the first ten, probably because no action features.

BEST - Dooku
WORST - Darth Vader because the Battle Droid is more useful than yet another Vader that is inferior to older versions.

tagmac
01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I never did find the final 8 at Midnight Madness either, having gone to TRU (in Eatontown, NJ) instead of Wal-Mart. TRU had tons of cases, but they only had the first 24. That night I saw that SW.com had them, but refused to pay double the price, especially when I needed three Clone Pilots for the ARC-170. I did find the last four of the 32 on amazon, so I got Aayla and Ki through there (only to find them at WM the next morning). Didn't get the last 8 until I lucked out at Kohls after hearing about them being available there on here a few weeks later.

Went to Target for the Vader the next morning, and the idiots had only put out the Vaders - there were absolutely ZERO other figures on the pegs. The workers were apologizing, claiming they "didn't know" people would be looking for them (boy did they miss the boat on that one), and so they started bringing out cases. Unfortunately, the cases only contained the first 24 that TRU had, with one notable exception. As people were helping to open up the cases, I grabbed the only Red Guard in the bunch. Since we were lmiited to only three figs, I was actually glad they didn't have any others, although I really wanted Tarfful - whom I found at Wal-Mart 10 minutes later (and after having to search through a ton of figures until finally findingtwo of them) after paying for the Guard, Lava Vader, and the ARC, which they only had three of in stock (and of which TRU had none the night before).

Best part of this was that the Clones and Blue Guards were easy to find at TRU, as we all helped each other as fellow collectors, rather than hoarding the popular figures right away. This was great, and unlike in 2003, when I went to the East Brunswick, NJ TRU, only to find the front of the line dominated by the local scalpers (one of who came dressed as a Hulk Hogan wannabe and cut in line by claiming he was a photographer) who nabbed all of the Dooku's and Yoda's, then started a fight with a kid who got to those figs before they could (when the workers put out another two cases), deliberately ruining it for everyone else as the workers then refused to bring out anymore. And those idiot sclapers were then selling the figs at inflated prices (of course) the next weekend.

OK, I got too talkative here since I was too exhausted to do more than vote on the last group late last night, so here's my new votes:

Best: Agen Kolar. I love the way this figure looks, much better than the ridiculous pose we got for Eeth Koth. He's what Mace, Kit, and Tiin should have been in this wave. Only knock on this is that the saber should have been blue, but that's easily fixed with some spare blade pieces. Dooku was good, too, but I liked the Evolutions version better.

Worst: Battle Droid, hands down. I had enough of these guys, so didn't buy it anyway. After hearing about the rubbery legs, that sealed it for me.

El Chuxter
01-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Best: Dooku narrowly beats Threepio.

Worst: I'll go with Palpatine. I hate this figure.

I can't vote for the BD, since I can't consider it to be a new figure.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Worst: I'll go with Palpatine. I hate this figure..
Do you mean the Emperor figure or the Chancellor figure?

Tycho
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Do you mean the Emperor figure or the Chancellor figure?

Yeah. I think anyone voting for Palpatine should be very specific so Jaff tallys their vote right because there are 2 Palpatine figures in this poll.

El Chuxter
01-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I didn't even notice there were two Palpatines. My bad.

Definitely the Emperor. The Chancellor is actually one of the better figures of this wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Best - C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
Worst - Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning!)

Jaff
01-15-2007, 03:56 AM
It seems even great army builders are stoned when they can't stand, however Count Dooku was teetering to 3PO during the poll. Finally he stood out as the best.

BEST
Count Dooku (Sith Lord) 6
Plo Koon (Jedi Master) 2
C-3PO (Protocol Droid) 5
Agen Kolar (Jedi Master) 1

WORST
Battle Droid (Separatist Army) 8
Padme Amidala (Republic Senator) 2
Emperor Palpatine (Force Lightning) 3
Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack) 1

Jaff
01-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Set 3 of the initial Episode III figures....

4/2/05
Episode III#21: Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
Episode III#22: Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
Episode III#23: Royal Guard (Senate Security - Blue and Red)
Episode III#24: Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
Episode III#25: Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
Episode III#26: Yoda (Spinning Attack)
Episode III#27: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
Episode III#28: Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
Episode III#29: Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
Episode III#30: Saesee Tinn (Jedi Master)

Shaak Ti (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0521shaakti.asp
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0522kitfisto.asp
Royal Guard (Senate Security - Blue)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0523royalguardB.asp
Royal Guard (Senate Security - Red)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0523royalguardR.asp
Mon Mothma (Republic Senator)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0524monmothma.asp
Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0525tarfful.asp
Yoda (Spinning Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0526yoda.asp
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0527obi-wankenobi.asp
Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0528anakin.asp
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0529kiadimundi.asp
Saesee Tinn (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0530saeseetiin.asp

Jaff
01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) - Finally a neutral Shaak. I see this fig as an Episode II figure since she was not really in Episode III except the deleted scenes. She is awesome, and her softgoods look great.
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master) - This Kit is a bit too cartoony. It really doesn’t look like him, and the Saga version was much more true to the likeness. Hopefully they will remake this fig some day so we can get a better version.
Royal Guard (Senate Security - Blue) - Yet another great improvement on an older figure. As far as I’m concerned, this is the definitive Senate guard.
Royal Guard (Senate Security - Red) - At first we had a salt shaker guard. Then we had a plastic caped, flawed guard with a perfectly detailed weapon. Now we have a perfect royal guard, but with no appropriate weapon. The answer is easy - Take 1 Saga Royal Guard weapon + ROTS Royal Guard figure = Perfect royal guard.
Mon Mothma (Republic Senator) - Why wasn’t her scenes in the movie. I think the birth of the rebellion is pretty significant to the story line, and it was Mon!!! A great figure, nice likeness.
Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster) - Tarfful is neat, but pales to many of these figures. He is a towering statue, a wookie, great compared to other figures, but not most figs on this list.
Yoda (Spinning Attack) - Why make this Yoda? It didn’t even look good compared to the other ROTS Yoda. I didn’t even buy this one.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) - This Kenobi reminded me of the Saga figures. I could see the designer trying to sculpt him into some action pose. Thankfully he restrained himself. Yet again I ask the same question as I asked above: Why make this Kenobi?
Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack) - Nice cape. I like this one better than the first one, yet next to the Evolutions this fig is easily tossed aside.
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master) - Another perfect remake of a figure previously seen. Top notch to this one. This is one of my favorite remakes in this line. They really did Ki justice.
Saesee Tinn (Jedi Master) - Unlike most remakes I was a little disappointed in this fig. It’s not that he looked terrible, it’s just he looked a little awkward. His face doesn’t look right to me.

BEST - It’s either Ki or Shaak. I’ll go with Ki-Adi-Mundi because the likeness, pose, softgoods, and detail are just dead on.

WORST - Kit Fisto, a nice animated figure, but not a film figure.

Tycho
01-15-2007, 05:17 AM
The Episode 3 figures continued to be really something to be excited about.

I think I'll comment on some from this wave:

Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) - I liked this figure but don't remember if I bought her. I don't think I needed another Shaak and thus I was indifferent to her.

Kit Fisto (Jedi Master) - I agree: too cartoony.

Royal Guard (Senate Security - Blue) - Overshadowed by the red one.

Royal Guard (Senate Security - Red) - Oh, so perfect! We have a winner here!

Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster) - Tarfful was a cool sculpt, but I think his hair limited his articulation or mine was rather stiff. I'm glad I got him, but his poseability seemed limited in spite of his multiple points of articulation. I am slightly disappointed.

Yoda (Spinning Attack) - He was fun to screw around with, but nothing next to the first Yoda of this line.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) - I liked playing with this Kenobi. The action feature works in my experience. Finally, Hasbro was getting Ewan's likeness down, but the Pilot Kenobi figure blows this one out of the lava!

Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack) - You know what's fun: take the outer cloak from the Mustafar Lava Damage Anakin and put it on this figure and you have a really cool pre-damage Darth Vader! I'm very serious. I took pictures I'll see if I can attach because he looks so awesome. Put this "custom" with the 501st Troopers and you're set to rock the Jedi Temple!
As he was released, I like him, but he's not a perfect figure.

BEST - Red Royal Guard!!!

WORST - Kit Fisto - I guess.

Guide to Picture: AOTC Anakin is wearing ROTS' slashing attack's cloak.
Tarkin is just Tarkin. ROTS Anakin (with lightsaber) is wearing Mustafar Lava Damage's cloak. Too cool!

Kidhuman
01-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Best - Ki-Adi

Worst - Michael Jackson Yoda

Darth Jax
01-15-2007, 08:20 AM
best - ki-adi-mundi
worst - tarful

sebillba
01-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Another really good batch of figures. More alien jedi and another new wookiee, making it hard to choose a best again. I also like the Anakin a lot, and did exactly the same as Tycho... I actually used the Mustafar cloak on the Sith eyes version - partly to make it look different enough from the first release, so I felt more justified in buying he same figure again, just for a different eye colour (it wasn't cheap on import!), and partly because I wanted my Sith-eyes Anakin to have hooded robes. It does look awesome.

But back to choosing a best - it has to be one of the jedi... I have mixed feelings about the soft goods - I only really like them if they're removable, and while I haven't attempted to undress any of these figures, from the RS pics, only Ki-Adi looks good with or without his robes. Kit is a nice, neutral figure, with probably the best articulation, but why is he wearing lipstick??? Best has to be KI-ADI MUNDI.

Worst - OBI-WAN... I don't like the legs or the ginger hair.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Agreed, another good batch of figures here, with the exception of those that had already been made in this line.

Shaak Ti - A much improved sculpt over the Saga version. The soft goods skirt is an improvement over the hard plastic, but it still limits lower leg movement.

Kit Fisto - While the paint on the eyes and lips does make him look kind of odd, I actually think this is one of the best figures of this bunch. Great articulation and a much needed improvement to the Saga statue.

Royal Guard - Hard to find at first, but again, a nice improvement to the prior versions of these two figures. The material used for the robe cause it to billow out too much though.

Mon Mothma - Pretty much a salt shaker, but not that bad for a character that was barely seen in the movie. The combo of the plastic robe and high heels once again make it hard for feet to go on a peg, but she stands well on her own anyway.

Tarfful - I agree with Tycho's assessment of the hair sculpt limiting articulation. I don't much like the weapon either, though there are worse weapons in the ROTS line. Otherwise, not a bad figure.

Yoda - Agreed that this figure wasn't really necessary. It seems more suited to be a Happy Meal toy.

Obi-Wan - Another unnecessary figure, and I couldn't figure out how to work the action feature.

Anakin - Another unnecessary figure that just doesn't look right with the eyes and something isn't right with the robe either.

Ki-Adi Mundi - His Saga figure was one of the better Jedi figures from that line, but this is a welcome upgrade. Great articulation, though his elbows don't have the articulation that Kit's does. The robe looks kind of odd too. Still, a great figure.

Saesee Tiin - Another figure that needed an upgrade since I didn't like either of the prior carded versions. A great figure, but doesn't match Ki-Adi or Kit.

Best - Kit Fisto

Worst - Yoda

pegger
01-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Best - Ki. This is quite simple the best version of this character.

Worst - Yoda. I can't even get the darned thing to work!

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Best - Red Royal Guard. I was ecstatic when I found this.

Worst - Yoda. This is probably the worst figure of the entire ROTS line.

Tycho
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I also like the Anakin a lot, and did exactly the same as Tycho... I actually used the Mustafar cloak on the Sith eyes version - partly to make it look different enough from the first release, so I felt more justified in buying he same figure again, just for a different eye colour (it wasn't cheap on import!), and partly because I wanted my Sith-eyes Anakin to have hooded robes. It does look awesome.

Are we talking about the same Anakin figure with the Mustafar robe put on him? I used #28 Slashing Attack Anakin with the gothic rocker eyes. You might be referring to a repaint with red / yellow pupils however. But I already had made all my Anakin purchases of figures #2 and 28 by then (save for the scenes I knew I was using "Lava Damage Mustafar Anakin" for. So I never noticed if they changed his eye coloring. But yeah, it is worth it to kit-bash custom that version of "Darth Vader" (pre-lava accident / 501st Commander). The picture is worth a 1000 words. Nice!

tagmac
01-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Best: Mon Mothma. The best sculpt and likeness out of the bunch, although Shaak Ti is certainly up there. I can't pick Ki-adi here, because his cloak just looks too big. I really wanted to go with Tarfful here, but that ridiculous-looking bowcaster (which wasn't even the weapon he carried in the movie) really bugged me.

Worst: Saesee Tiin. He looks ready to attend the debutante ball in that lowcut dress he's wearing. I bought this one to pose with Mace, Agen, etc., but it really looks ridiculous. Had I known they'd eventually make the 5-pack with full cloaks, I'd have waited. Fisto really doesn't look that bad - the only knock on him is that he should have come with a cloak.

sebillba
01-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Are we talking about the same Anakin figure with the Mustafar robe put on him? I used #28 Slashing Attack Anakin with the gothic rocker eyes. You might be referring to a repaint with red / yellow pupils however. But I already had made all my Anakin purchases of figures #2 and 28 by then (save for the scenes I knew I was using "Lava Damage Mustafar Anakin" for. So I never noticed if they changed his eye coloring. But yeah, it is worth it to kit-bash custom that version of "Darth Vader" (pre-lava accident / 501st Commander). The picture is worth a 1000 words. Nice!

Yeh, the same Anakin, #28, only I used the repainted version to customise. At first, he had panda-style eyeliner, but was later improved with the red and yellow "Sith Eyes". RS compare them here......

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0528anakineyescomp.jpg&text=Original%20Anakin%20|%20''Sith%20Eyes''%20Ana kin%20Variation

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Best - Royal Guard (Senate Security) - red version
Worst - Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack!)

Tycho
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeh, the same Anakin, #28, only I used the repainted version to customise. At first, he had panda-style eyeliner, but was later improved with the red and yellow "Sith Eyes". RS compare them here......

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0528anakineyescomp.jpg&text=Original%20Anakin%20|%20''Sith%20Eyes''%20Ana kin%20Variation

Oh, dang! I like the Sith Eyes!

I stop looking at figures I already have enough of when I see them in the stores. For example, I'd never notice a running change on Lushros Dofine, I just need to make certain that he's not hiding any Kashyyyk Clones behind him on the pegs. So I'm sure I paid Anakin #28 no more attention after April 2, 2005 once I had my 5-8 or however many I bought.

Too bad really. As the Sith Eyes is better than what I got.

tagmac
01-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Sith Eyes Anakin seemed to be the rarest of the carded running changes. I know the only one I ever saw carded was the one I got at Bozcovs.

That being said, the figure itself wasn't all that rare. When TRU came out with the lightsaber/figure packs that came with Obi-Wan and Anakin, they all came with "Sith Eyes" Anakin rather than the original version.

dindae
01-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Ok time to play catch up.

Best - Clone
Worst - Mace

Best - Dooku
Worst - Emporer Palp (so bad I bought 4 .... blame the Senate Pods)

Best - Shaak Ti
Worst - Yoda - still don't understand that action feature

Jaff
01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Ki holds the edge to the Red Royal Guard, while many just don't get Yoda, literally in my case...

BEST
Ki-Adi-Mundi (Jedi Master) 5
Royal Guard (Senate Security - Red) 3
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master) 1
Mon Mothma (Republic Senator) 1
Shaak Ti (Jedi Master) 1

WORST
Kit Fisto (Jedi Master) 2
Yoda (Spinning Attack) 5
Tarfful (Firing Bowcaster) 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Kick) 1
Saesee Tinn (Jedi Master) 1
Anakin Skywalker (Slashing attack) 1

Jaff
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
This last group of initial Episode III figures were really hard to find the first few weeks of release with exception to Luminara and Aayla. Consider yourself lucky if you found these on opening night. I gave away all the cases of these drooling. By the end of the night, after seeing the quality of these last figures I was very bummed despite all the great new figures I bought.

4/2/05
Episode III#31: Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
Episode III#32: Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
Episode III#33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Red)
Episode III#34: Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)
Episode III#35: Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack)
Episode III#36: General Grievous (Exploding Body)
Episode III#37: Vader’s Medical Droid (Chopper Droid)
Episode III#38: AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army)
Episode III#39: Polis Massan (Medic)
Episode III#40: Mas Amedda (Republic Senator)

Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0531luminara.asp
Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0532aayla.asp
Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Red)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0533clonecmdr.asp
Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0534clonepilot.asp
Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0535palpatine.asp
General Grievous (Exploding Body)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0536grievous.asp
Vader’s Medical Droid (Chopper Droid)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots0537chopper.asp
AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0538attegunner.asp
Polis Massan (Medic)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0539polismassan.asp
Mas Amedda (Republic Senator)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0540masamedda.asp

Battle Droid
01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Best: Clone Commander

Worst: Vader's Medical Droid

Jaff
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master) - Holy cow, this makes yet another perfect resculpt of a figure. I tell you this line was incredibly gratifying. Hasbro was way on target when they were making these figs. It was about time we could get a new Unduli to replace the arena specific version.
Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight) - You know what is really cool about the remakes Hasbro released? They replaced almost every Episode II Jedi statue that we had. I don’t know if this was done on purpose to consider us, or just by chance. Whatever the reason, thanks Hasbro. For that said I liked Aayla, and I loved her neutral pose. I did have problems making her legs look right whenever I stood her though.
Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Red) - I wish this fig was in the movie, but unfortunately I treat this one like an EU figure. Still the fig had great accessories, and looked wicked.
Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) - I bought 6 of these to fill up my ARC fighter. This cross between an AT-AT Driver and TIE Fighter Pilot really is sweeeeet. It combines two of my most cherished vintage figs. How could it be wrong.
Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack) - Two figs in one makes it a winner. Yet this fig really paled to many of the other figs in this line up.
General Grievous (Exploding Body) - I prefer to display this Grievous because I love his cape. It looks really great when standing right, except the figure can’t stand. It leans so far forward that you can’t make it stand. If you use a stand, the ankle joints of the figure eventually bend so the figure and the stand will fall after a couple of days. In the end I bought a Sneak peak Grievous and put the cape on that one. I put the exploding body fig in a storage bin.
Vader’s Medical Droid (Chopper Droid) - Having the Daddy of Darth Vader is neat. Or was this droid a female, would that make this the mommy? Anyways, I am eagerly anticipating the FX, and 2-1B droid to go with this figure. What a cool dio that would be.
AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army) - Another EU figure. I’m not real sure why they made this fig, because they still have not made the AT-TE, or because of the size of the vehicle they have not committed to make it. The fig still looks O.K., and would look better if the figs head did not have crossed eyes.
Polis Massan (Medic) - What a weird, but unique alien. I wonder if they abduct people, and that was where they learned how to operate on humans so well. Area 51 is real people!!!!! :cross-eye I am looking forward to other versions of this species in the future too.
Mas Amedda (Republic Senator) - I always loved Mas Amedda, and I can’t tell you why. Yet I don’t get why he was given a tongue as an accessory. A very cool looking figure.

BEST - This is tough. I really like the Clone Commander, but he’s not going to win it for me. Luminara is a great improvement, but I’m gonna go with Mas Amedda just a great figure.

WORST - General Grievous very bad plastic, and in order for a figure to be a figure in my book, you have to be able to stand it up. This one was one of my most consistent problems to display. It’s nice to have him appear hunched, but if he can’t stand......the figure is garbage!

pegger
01-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Best - Clone Commander. I was SO happy when I got this fig. He is my all time favorite clone. The red is striking, the sculpt is awesome, and I couldn't wait to see him in the movie...which of course he wasn't in. It is a wonderful figure though.

Worst - While the elbows and poor head on the AT-TE gunner and the wrong skin colouring on the clone pilot give me pause to consider them for worst, I also have to go with Grievous. Good idea - poor execution.

El Chuxter
01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Man, you are moving fast. :p

Best: Red Royal Guard
Worst: Yoder

Best: Aayla Secura (very narrowly beating Clone Commander)
Worst: Grievous-Go-Boom

sebillba
01-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm going to agree with Jaff's choices on this round.....

Best - MAS AMEDDA... another awesome looking figure. Runners up... Palpatine - two figures in one! And although I'm not usually a clone fan, the Clone Commander is a very nice figure.

Worst - Fall-Apart GRIEVOUS... to have an exploding feature, it would help if his body would stay together in the first place. Runner up... Medical Droid - I paid ten quid for this and felt really ripped off - it should've been an accessory with Vader's operating table.

bigbarada
01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Previous round:
Best: Red Royal Guard (finally a soft goods Royal Guard! Although I don't like that stupid armor design underneath)
Worst: Yoda - just going with the consensus here, I ignored most of this wave.

For this round:

BEST: Clone Pilot - I really like this figure, for pretty much all of the reasons that Jaff listed. Two of my favorite figures as a kid were the TIE Pilot and the AT-AT Driver, and this was very "vintage-esque" in it's styling with more articulation.:thumbsup:

WORST: AT-TE Tank Gunner - one of the figures I looked forward to the most from this line, because it looked like a cool variation of the Clonetrooper, plus I thought it was being released because Hasbro was ready to announce an AT-TE.

First off, the figure itself was terrible. Horrible paint applications on the face, gummy plastic removable helmet that you could never get to shape properly (why I'm not looking forward to the removable helmet Stormtrooper), elbow cuts that kept making his arms fall off.

Secondly, we learn that there are zero plans for an AT-TE vehicle in the forseeable future, making this the singly most disappointing figure in the entire line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Best - Clone Commander (Battle Gear!) despite not being in the finished film, he's awesome.
Worst - General Grievous (Exploding Action!)

dindae
01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Hmmm this is a tough one.

Best - While I really like the clone commander, Luminara was too good not to get the vote. The soft goods dress was really well done and typically soft goods ruin a figure for me.

Worst - On the flip side while I don't like exploding Greivous due to the inability to keep himself together, I'm going to have to say Palpatine.

Tycho
01-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Best - Clone Commander I really like this figure. Aayla and Luminara, and Mas Ameeda were really great figures worthy of mention though.

Worst - General Grievous for malfunction-related reasons.

Overall, the E3 figures continued to impress like no other prequel movie's figures ever did. Incredibly, the offerings would STILL get even better than these in upcoming E3 waves!

Bosskman
01-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Best - Clone Pilot
Worst - Grievous

tagmac
01-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Best: This one was a toss-up for me between Palpatine and Mas Amedda. Palpy was an awesome sculpt, and two figures in one (thus I bought two of them, then later a third when I managed to find a blue-sabered version at Wal-Mart shortly after ROTJ had arrived in theaters). Mas Amedda was just an awesome sculpt, and looks great displayed with his staff. As for the tongue accessory, while unnecessary, it relates back to the AOTC deleted scene, and thankfully was not made with a huge hole in the face like with Dannik Jerriko. I'm gonna go with Mas Amedda, as Palpy having Anakin's saber hilt is the difference maker here. (on a side note, I thought the Clone Commander was also worthy, but it's not being in the movie disqualified it from my vote.

Worst: An easy one, as I have to go with Exploding General Greivous here. He won't stand up, and without the cape he simply fals apart too easily. The Target exclusive made this one unneccessary in the long run. As for the AT-RT Driver, I wouldn't call it a worst, but it was definitely not worth the false shortage created by scalpers and the initial "1-per-case" this guy saw early on - I happened to luck out and get to Target right after they'd put out one case on a Saturday morning to nab this guy, after finding the other seven of the last 8 at Kohls over a period of three weeks. I also have to rank Aayla among the worst, because (at least with my figure), one of the leg joints was so bad, the figure always bends forward or backward, depending on how the leg is twisted, regardless of whether or not it's on a stand. Even turning the leg to the side did nothing for mine, and I certainly wasn't going to make a tiny splint for this one.

sebillba
01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I also have to rank Aayla among the worst, because (at least with my figure), one of the leg joints was so bad, the figure always bends forward or backward, depending on how the leg is twisted, regardless of whether or not it's on a stand. Even turning the leg to the side did nothing for mine, and I certainly wasn't going to make a tiny splint for this one.

Mine's exactly the same - would be a really good figure otherwise, but this ruins it.

Darth Jax
01-16-2007, 07:58 PM
best - while the resculpts for luminara and aayla were great, the clone commander was my fave of the wave.

worst - gee it could be parselmouth mas or 2 faced palpy, but the one that i disliked the most was grievous and his stupid blast apart action.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Luminara and Aayla are two more great Jedi updates, however I too have the problem with Aayla's floppy knee joints. While I like the soft goods on Luminara, the material is kind of stiff and makes it difficult to do more than keep her in neutral pose.

The Clone Commander is awesome. Two holsters for his pistols, and the skirt and shoulder pauldron are removeable. He also has an adjustable visor, great articulation and no action feature.

Clone Pilot is a good figure too, but not as much articulation, and the helmet is sculpted around the face rather than being removeable.

Palpatine is a nice likeness, and the two heads and accessories keep this from being a bad figure, but it is a salt shaker with an action feature. They need to take the Evolutions version and put red soft goods robes on him.

Grievous leans too far forward. No knee or ankle articulation to help improve that stance. Mine still stays together, but I never took the elastic bands off him.

Vader's Medical Droid is nothing special, but it was a nice figure to have for diorama purposes. I can't recall if there was more than one in that scene or not. I considered getting a second one, but I guess the figure wasn't good enough to motivate me to get it.

AT-TE Tank Gunner is probably the worst of the clones in the ROTS line, but still an okay figure. It just doesn't live up to the standard set by the others.

Polis Massan - An okay figure for something without much screen time. He has a holster, but it is open and the gun sometimes falls out. Good shoulder articulation though.

Mas Amedda - My how he's grown since the Episode I figure. A pretty good figure compared with that one. Plus, I think my Episode I version was defective with an uneven foot. I bought a replacement for him but haven't opened it.

BEST - Clone Commander
WORST - General Grievous

Kidhuman
01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Best - Mas

Worst - AT-TE gunner.

General_Grievous
01-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Best - Clone Commander

Worst - Exploding Grievous

Jaff
01-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Man, you are moving fast. :p

Best: Red Royal Guard
Worst: Yoder

Best: Aayla Secura (very narrowly beating Clone Commander)
Worst: Grievous-Go-Boom

Yeah, on my days off I try to post every 24 to 30 hours. You can tell when I'm working my 14 hour days because I post every other day. At those times I usually post every 48 - 60 hours. I have three kids, and little sleep, so time is strained on work days. We still have many postings to go. I don't see this thread finishing before the end of February.

I will most likely post after about four or five hours from the time of this response.

Tycho
01-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Jaff, you do a great job with this thread. It is really something to look forward to when logging on for a visit. I love reading everyone's opinion about the figures and start to miss a lot of mine even more (they're in storage).

Jaff
01-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Jaff, you do a great job with this thread. It is really something to look forward to when logging on for a visit. I love reading everyone's opinion about the figures and start to miss a lot of mine even more (they're in storage).

I actually like your descriptions on figs many times. Sometimes we knock heads on opinions, but that is the point of the whole thread. It is annalogous to friendship, which is how I view this forum.

With that said, let's get some more figures in the poll so we can explore more viewpoints. Here's our current list of figures which is easily stated as dissappointments compared to what we just voted on.

BEST
Clone Commander (Battle Gear-Red) 7
Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon) 2
Mas Amedda (Republic Senator) 4
Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight) 1
Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master) 1

WORST
Vader’s Medical Droid (Chopper Droid) 1
General Grievous (Exploding Body) 11
AT-TE Gunner (Clone Army) 2
Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack) 1

Jaff
01-17-2007, 12:23 AM
The first set of Deluxe items is accompanied by a few exclusive figures. Yoda and Darth were immediately available figures, while the Clone Trooper was something of a rarity. The Deluxe figs were quite common, and were not that impressive compared to what Deluxe figures were coming.

4/05
Episode III: Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive)
Episode III: Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive)
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit
Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine
Deluxe General Grievous Secret Lightsaber Attack
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid (Force Jump Attack)
5/05
Episode III: Clone Trooper (Target exclusive)

Which is your Best and Worst?

Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05holoyoda.asp
Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05vaderlava.asp
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05dlxanakin.asp
Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxpalpatine.asp
Deluxe General Grievous
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05dlxgrievous.asp
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05dlxobiwan.asp
Clone Trooper (Target exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05targetclone.asp

Jaff
01-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive) - Cool, but unnessesarry. The truth is I was not interested in this Yoda because he was EU in my eyes. Now if this Yoda was a hologram of him sitting in his council chair, that would be a different story. Sure this Yoda can sit in the hover chair that was with the younglings, but his cape prevents him from sitting in his council one.
Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive) - Confusing colored Darth was just a Darth Vader, which at this point was an eye sore, and was painted hideously. What a waste of plastic.
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit - The cape was way weird on this fig, and although the Vader version looked fine, I never was enthusiastic about this one.
Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine - I bought this Palpy, because to date they have not made another Palpy in this outfit. Still he’s spinning head presents something of a problem. If you want the right head showing it won’t stay in place. My answer is jamming a gun in his back to keep old wounded Palpy’s face showing. It’s an O.K. figure, and nothing to write home about.
Deluxe General Grievous - Morbid Grievous has the wrong coloring, but has the best pose of any Grievous to date. Just look at the link, and how he stands with his resting lightsabers and cape flowing. Totally awesome pose, but way wrong color. This could have been one of the greatest Grievous‘ made had it not been for the paint ap. They need to rerelease this figure without the feature, and with the correct paint!!!
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid - This Obi is hideous. The softgoods don’t work at all, and his thigh area just makes you think of vintage fig detail. I passed on this one, the only deluxe figure I never thought about buying.
Clone Trooper (Target exclusive) - This EU clone trooper was the closest thing we had to a Speeder Bike Trooper at this time. Yet now that they are releasing the correct versions this fig is pretty much obsolete.

BEST - Clone Trooper (Target exclusive): I would have picked another if I could, even though I’m not very fond of this fig. But the list is not really much to work with.

WORST - Lava Reflection Vader: It’s just a useless, pointless figure.

El Chuxter
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Best: Anakin/Vader. Not the best sculpt for either, but not bad, and some great play value for kids.

Worst: As much as I'd like to say Lava Reflection Vader, I've got to go with the totally horrid Obi-Wan.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Holographic Yoda - There is a picture on the link that shows Yoda sitting in the council chair, but I've not opened this figure to know for sure. Nothing really too special about this one.

Lava Reflection Vader - This was the first time I was at the doors on opening day. I got in line for this? Actually, it does look kind of cool with the red coloring on it, but it's just a repainted POTF2 figure that has nothing to do with anything in the movie.

Deluxe Anakin/Vader - I've not opened this one, but it doesn't look too bad. I also like the two figures in one idea. I recall seeing someone looking for a Vader in the store. I can't recall if she had her kids with her or not, but I thought about suggesting this one over the carded Vader since I didn't like that version. This is something that would have more play value to a kid I think.

Palpatine - This one is more of a salt shaker than the one we just voted on, but you can switch heads quicker on this one. The light up feature is kind of neat.

General Grievous - I think this is my favorite Grievous in the ROTS line. I opened it instead of the basic four lightsaber version, since this one came with a cape, though it was still the wrong color. This version just seems more menacing that the other three versions.

Obi-Wan/Super Battle Droid - The good news is two figures in one package. The bad news is that the figures are a break apart droid and Obi-Wan with a rod up his butt. At least that is what it looks like in the picture, I've not opened this one.

Clone Trooper - I could easily vote this one the best of the bunch, since it is an SA trooper, but it is just a repack/repaint with a new helmet. Plus, I didn't like the way this exclusive was handled. I went to Target, I think it was a Thursday, and someone at the courtesy desk said they could be in anytime. I went back in there on Saturday and someone in toys told me they had already sold them all, but the way she said it, it seemed as if it may have been before I asked the first time. I did manage to find one a year later at a shop in Springfield, MO while there on business.

BEST - I'm going to go with the Deluxe Anakin/Vader. Even though I haven't opened it yet, it looks to be a better Vader than the basic figure. Anakin doesn't have an action feature or eye shadow, which are pluses over the basic figures.

WORST - [b]Obi-Wan/Super Battle Droid[/i].

Tycho
01-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive) - I got him to use for my ROTS Jedi Council Scene in which Obi-Wan and Anakin are on the council and Yoda, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi Mundi are holograms. I like the figure and it was a good exclusive and a nice freebie.

Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive) - I was too excited to go home and sleep, so I stayed up all night after leaving TRU at 2am and me and my best friend parked our vehicles in front of Target and hung out talking for 6 more hours. He grabbed and held on to a Vader for me, as by the time the store opened, I had to go to the bathroom before the toy isle! I really went there for Clone Pilots and the ARC 170, Red Royal Guards, etc. and other figures I needed more of which I didn't secure at Toys R Us. I did acquire a Lava Vader but had no use for it in my collection.

Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit - This was gross because of Anakin's Jedi cloak and I just ignored it. It did sell out the fastest of any Deluxe Figure though. Well, good riddens to it!

Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine - I bought 4 of these originally, and returned 3. I thought Palpatine fought Yoda in this outfit for some reason. When I realized my goof, back he went. I didn't even hold on to my extras for a week.
Still he’s spinning head presents something of a problem. If you want the right head showing it won’t stay in place. My answer is jamming a gun in his back to keep old wounded Palpy’s face showing. - LOL Jaff - that's EXACTLY what I did! The FX Lightning is cool though, huh?

Deluxe General Grievous - I never really looked at this figure that much until this poll. I didn't buy him as I didn't want to deal with all his Deluxe kibble, but now that I see the figure's pictures, I am impressed. He's one that definitely looks better loose than the way he was presented carded. I always ignored him when in the stores.

Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid - Ugggh! Fortunately the positive sales of Obi-Wan's basic figures made this one sell out because of the kids. I doubt serious "non-collector" adult fans like myself would have wanted this. He's gross.

Clone Trooper (Target exclusive) - I never saw this one in stores. When Target released him, I had everything I needed that was currently shipping and this wasn't exatly Commander Neyo, and I don't even thing they had released Stass Allie on her speederbike at that time, so I never bothered hunting this down. He does look good, but unnecessary. I bet JediMasterSal has 50 of him though ;)

BEST - Deluxe General Grievous If I can vote for something I never bought - I'll support the General. Holo Yoda was the runner-up as the most useful.

WORST - Obi-Wan vs. Super Battle Droid This is a tough choice between this one and the Deluxe Anakin / Vader figure, but at least the Vader arrangement is useful if you can't find the basic figure. The single figures that were exclusives might have been uninspiring, but at least they cleared out of the stores in about an hour.

Anyway, each movie had junk product released. I feel like we just reviewed it for ROTS.

bigbarada
01-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Wow, what a horrible selection to choose from.

Best or Least Worst: Target Clonetrooper

Worst: Lava Reflection Vader (it's a stupid gimmick AND an outdated sculpt)

Bosskman
01-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Best - Clone
Worst - Lava Vader

Kidhuman
01-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Best - Vader/Anakin

Worst - Clone Trooper Target exclusive(price is a huge factor here)

sebillba
01-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I only got three of these - Yoda, Anakin/Vader and Palpatine.

Best - Either Yoda or Anakin for me.... I love Yoda, and it was nice to get several of these as freebies, but I'm not really a fan of holo figures. I'll go for DELUXE ANAKIN/VADER - just a really fun figure.... for kids AND adults!

Worst - DELUXE OBI-WAN... I didn't need to buy this to see what a piece of junk it is. A prime example of when soft goods don't work.

pegger
01-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Well - for best - I'm gonna say Yoda. I like the holo figs. They used a nice colour for the holo effect (the lite purple) - which I wished they continued with over the bright blue... and the price was right.

Worst - Lava Vader...no need for him.

Battle Droid
01-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Best: Deluxe Grievous

Worst: Lava Vader

Darth Jax
01-17-2007, 08:20 AM
best - target clone. simple clone, even if he didn't appear in the movie is better than the rest of the garbage in this wave.
worst - obi with sbd. bad sculpt made worse by action feature.

dindae
01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive) - it's a holo figure not much to get excited about

Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive) - interesting thought but execution was just aweful if this wasn't an exclusive at the height of EIII excitement I don't think it would have done well

Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit - this wasn't bad but never form looked great

Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine - waste of plastic to me. The gimick is not appealing to me and can be achieve by swapping heads on the previous version.

Deluxe General Grievous - I like this figure and its probably my favorite sculpt of Grevious so far however the weather is too heavy and the paint scheme and size are still off.

Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid - if this was how jedi jump it's no wonder they were hunted down and killed. The Obi looks like crap and the battle droid falls apart if you breathe on it heavily.

Clone Trooper (Target exclusive) - The clone isn't accurate but it's not too bad.

Best - Deluxe Grevious

Worst - Lava Reflection Vader - not just because the figure but because he did spawn the other lava reflections figures and that christmas figure.

tagmac
01-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Yoda - Holographic (Toys “R” Us Exclusive) - They only had a case of these at TRU that night, and so only the first 12 people online could get them. Since my g/f was with me, I managed to get two, one to open, one to keep carded. It's not a bad figure, but I've since shied away from the holo figures. Realizing that I had to pay for both of these didn't help either once I got home and saw my receipt. But since I already had what I wanted, I wasn't gonna chance not finding these for free the next weekend.

Lava Reflection Darth Vader (Target Exclusive) - This was the only figure Target had on the pegs that morning, thanks to a horrible SNAFU by the employees. Pretty much everyone who was on line got one. Not a great figure, but it was nice to say I got both exclusives this time around, having stayed away from the zoos and scalper-ridden stores in the East Brunswick area of NJ this time.

Deluxe Anakin Skywalker with Darth Vader Suit - I had originally bought this, then returned it when I realized it was really more for kids. I already had Anakin and a hundred Vaders. No need for this one since I don't play with my toys anymore.

Deluxe morphing Emperor Palpatine - Got one of these, and while the lightning effect is cool, once I got the basic version, this was a piece of junk by comparison. Had I not opened it, I probably would have returned it.

Deluxe General Grievous - The best of the bunch, and the reason I completely ignored the basic version. This was a great figure, and while the color and size may have been off, I thought it looked better and far more menacing.

Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi with Super Battle Droid - SHUDDER!! I stayed away from this abomination like the plague, having learned my lesson from wasting money on the force jumpers and deluxe Mace and Anakin from the AOTC waves.

Clone Trooper (Target exclusive) - Not a bad figure, but the fact that it isn't movie accurate bothers me. I still can't get over calling this one the COBRA clone. :D I was lucky enough to get one the Sunday they were meant to come out, and laughed when I saw this one scalper flying down the aisle with a cart, knowing full well they'd only had a case for those of us who wanted one each. Managed to find a second one a few weeks later when I went in after they opened looking for other figs, and there were about a dozen of them. Now I had one to one, and one to keep carded. Funny thing with this guy - one of my 4th grade students was playing with an open one in school over a week before they were supposed to be released. He told me an employee had asked if he'd be interested inone, and got one out of the back for him. While this might normally bug me, knowing it went to a kid to play with rather than yet another ebayer made me smile.

Best: Gotta go with Deluxe General Greivous here.

Worst: Deluxe Obi-Wan w/ Super Battle Droid

General_Grievous
01-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Best - Grievous. Best version of him with four arms.

Worst - Lava Vader. This should have been boycotted.

Jaff
01-18-2007, 08:58 AM
It was a three way tie up until Grievous' vote, and his namesake came out on top. Lava Vader was also a close race with garbage can Obi-Wan in close running.

BEST
Clone Trooper (Target Exclusive) 4
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker 4
Deluxe General Grievous 5
Holographic Yoda (Toys R Us Exclusive) 1

WORST
Lava Reflection Vader (Target Exclusive) 7
Deluxe Obi-Wan with Super Battle Droid 6
Clone Trooper (Target Exclusive) 1

Jaff
01-18-2007, 09:08 AM
The pack in figures for the initial months offered lots of statues and extreme posed figures. The Mustafar playset was something of a rarity, while the rest of the stuff was quite common.

4/05
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga)
BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder)
AT-RT Driver (AT-RT)
General Grievous (Grievous’ Wheel Bike)
5/05
Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Final Duel Playset)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Final Duel Playset)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05boga.asp
BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BARCspeeder.asp
AT-RT Driver (AT-RT)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05atrt.asp
General Grievous (Grievous’ Wheel Bike)
http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05wheelbike.asp
Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Final Duel Playset)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Final Duel Playset)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05mustafar.asp

Jaff
01-18-2007, 09:11 AM
All of these figs can’t hold their own without their vehicle or another fig, so to start out, it’s another pretty weak list.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga) - Obi on this Boga looks something wicked. The fig is no good on it’s own, which makes it nothing special, but together this figure really does what it should.
BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder) - I was bummed about this fig, as I wished they made the troopers that shot down Stass Allie. Now that they’re making them, I don’t even care to remember this bike. It’s just a blink in time.
AT-RT Driver (AT-RT) - The father of the AT-ST looks pretty interesting, and the trooper is appealing. When they made this figure on a blister later I actually preferred the figure that came with this vehicle because he never stood by himself in the movie.
General Grievous (Grievous’ Wheel Bike) - Another of the onslaught of Grievous’. It’s nice that the fig was removable, but why? I will say that a great display is to put the Boga next to this Wheel and have Obi-Wan hanging onto a Grievous Guard staff. With that said, this figure has it’s bonuses.
Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - Lock jaw Anakin is an interesting statue, and can display fair fighting Obi-Wan, but the fig itself smells bad.
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - Monotone Obi looks like he’s got the blues. He doesn’t look like he’s having a duel at all. Usually this figure has his back showing as he fights Anakin when I display him to make him look better.

BEST - AT-RT Driver just because he looks the most unique.

WORST - Grievous, just because there were too many Grievous’ during the initial run of Episode III stuff.

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Best - AT-RT driver

Worst - Grievous

dindae
01-18-2007, 09:58 AM
wow pack ins suck

Best - Obi with Boga just because he looks the least awkward seperate
Worst - I'm going to say Anikan on Mustaphar. It's just garbage.

Battle Droid
01-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Worst: All of them.

Best: None of them.

pegger
01-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Worst: Greivous. He suffered the same fate as Jango...overkill.

Best - AT-RT - more for the vehicle than the fig tho.

sebillba
01-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't usually buy vehicles unless the exclusive is something special. I didn't like the fixed legs on the BARC Trooper or AT-RT Driver, so passed on these, hoping they would be released carded (which they have! :thumbsup: ), and I definitely didn't want another Grievous. I did get Obi on Boga, as I wanted Boga, but Obi is nothing to get excited about. I also bought the Mustafar Obi and Anakin loose from ebay, as I thought they looked pretty cool in the auction photos.... but I was less than impressed when I got them. I particularly dislike how their faces are painted rather than being molded in flesh tone plastic.

Best - BARC TROOPER... although I never got this, I received my Saga Elite Corps Clone Trooper yesterday, so feel like I've got one now. I'm not sure if it is the same sort of clone, but it's close enough for me.

Worst - Blow-up doll ANAKIN,.

bigbarada
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Best: AT-RT Driver

Worst: BARC Trooper - if I remember correctly, he's locked in a sitting position. He's not the correct trooper from the film, but that's not why I'm voting for him. He's a horrible bastardized Biker Scout and whoever is responsible for designing him at ILM should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm a little more forgiving of initial release figures who are cut out of the movie. It takes so long to make action figures that, if they want them in stores in time for the movie's theatrical release, then they have to start at least one year in advance.

That's why we got General Madine, Ree-Yees and Klaatu in the initial release of ROTJ figures in 1983. Those characters each had a scripted scene in the film when the figure prototypes were made, but by the time the figures were in the stores, those scenes had been cut.

Rogue II
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
That's why we got General Madine, Ree-Yees and Klaatu in the initial release of ROTJ figures in 1983. Those characters each had a scripted scene in the film when the figure prototypes were made, but by the time the figures were in the stores, those scenes had been cut.

I've heard about Madine, but not Ree-Yees and Klaatu. Do you have a link to where I can find out more?

Tycho
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
But Madine, Ree-Yees, and Klaatu (Woof) were easily seen in ROTJ.

Oh, and I'll vote in a second. I need to look at the pictures Jaff posted.

DarkArtist
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Worst: All of them.

Best: None of them.

i'd have to agree on this one but If I had to say

Best : Barc Trooper
Worst : Obi Wan

El Chuxter
01-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I passed on the Mustafar playset, and I've never opened any of the others. They all look pretty sucktastic. I'm going to have to abstain this round.

Tycho
01-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, I try to be a good chap and vote. At least I think I have all of these figures.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga) - I liked this set but Obi-Wan was a statue.

BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder) - It's OK. Nothing special.

AT-RT Driver (AT-RT) - it's also OK.

General Grievous (Grievous’ Wheel Bike) - A bit craptastic. I don't think he was very useful off the wheelbike at all, and I was tiring of Grievous figures by this point. The thing with Hasbro toys for the 3 3/4" line is that vehicles accessorized figures that were articulated enough to use them. With some of their offerings, Hasbro changed this to mean that vehicles included statues to sit on them versus figures that interact with them. If they really wanted to go this route, why didn't they make SaeSee and Kit's starfighters come with non-poseable pilots you could put in the cockpits?

Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - While not really articulated in the grander scheme of things, I did like getting this figure. I don't "underestimate his power."

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - I also liked getting this figure. He has "the high ground."

BEST - Anakin Mustafar Final Duel Playset
WORST - Obi-Wan from Boga

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I won't vote on this one (as they all sucked pretty much equally) or the last one (as my votes wouldn't change anything).

Bosskman
01-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Best - AT-RT Driver
Worst - Grievous - Absolute garbage of a figure.

bigbarada
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I've heard about Madine, but not Ree-Yees and Klaatu. Do you have a link to where I can find out more?

I read about a scene in ROTJ where Ree-Yees and Yak Face are having a discussion. Threepio is translating and the two aliens get mad and get into a fight, knocking threepio over. This was supposed to take place on the Sail Barge and it was filmed, but cut from the movie. In the novel, Ree-Yees gets into an argument with Ephant Mon, instead of Yak Face.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeltmarae/

General Madine had some key scenes in the Endor Battle and I believe he was initially supposed to drive his Rebel Cruiser into the Super Star Destroyer; but all of his scenes (except the briefing room) were cut and the A-Wing Pilot was given the honors of the kamikaze mission.

Klaatu is a little iffy, I've never heard anything for sure, but I do know that he was supposed to play a bigger part in trying to subdue Luke in the Palace. I believe, in some accounts that he was the one who was supposed to go into the Rancor Pit and not the Gamorrean Guard. I don't have any solid facts on Klaatu.

tagmac
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga) - I had decided to stop buying the beast figures to save money, but I'm kinda' sorry I didn't get this one. It looks pretty good from a display standpoint.

BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder) - I love the camoflauge design on this one, and it has sufficed until the carded version comes out (which I'll likely never find thanks to the scalper in this area). This one has some extra significance, as I got it a week early thanks to a comic shop that had this and the Boga available.

AT-RT Driver (AT-RT) - Didn't find this one until a couple weeks after MM, but it's a decent-looking figure, and the electronic walking action of the AT-RT was a nice touch.

General Grievous (Grievous’ Wheel Bike) - At this point I'd decided to keep my vehicle-buying to a minimum, getting only one Jedi Fighter, the ARC-170, and the Droid Fighter. I really wasn't all that impressed with the wheelbike, nor the General Greivous figure that came with it.

Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - Didn't buy the playset either, and I really wasn't that impressed with the Anakin figure. It should have had the Sith eyes, if not at least the black bags under the eyes. It felt like they packaged the wrong Anakin with this set.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Final Duel Playset) - Not a bad figure, but nothing impressive either.

Best: BARC Trooper

Worst: General Greivous

Jaff
01-18-2007, 07:19 PM
i'd have to agree on this one but If I had to say

Best : Barc Trooper
Worst : Obi Wan

Which Obi-Wan do you mean, the Mustafar or Boga?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Best - Obi with Boga just because he looks the least awkward seperate How is squatting like he is taking a dump not awkward?

I've only opened the Mustafar playset and the Grievous Wheelbike. Anakin and Obi-Wan are okay figures (relatively speaking), but Anakin doesn't look quite right. Grievous is useless off the bike. The other three pack-ins all appear to be fixed in a permanent sitting position, though the BARC pilot seems the least posed of the three.

BEST - BARC Trooper over Obi-Wan mainly because it was something new and we had existing Obi-Wans that could be used instead of this pack-in.

WORST - Grievous

Darth Jax
01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
they all suck, but for the sake of this poll...
best - at-rt driver
worst - obi mustafar duel

dindae
01-19-2007, 09:15 AM
How is squatting like he is taking a dump not awkward?

Least Akward. He can be posed so the he looks like he is a low fighting stance which is a better pose than I can get out of Grevious, Barc trooper, or AT-RT driver.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
On second thought, I will vote in this round . . .
Best - BARC Trooper. He's the only one that hasn't been done better, as he hasn't been done again (accurately).
Worst - General Grievous, made out of rubber

Jaff
01-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Now that we are done with the poo poo lists how about we get on to some real figures...

BEST
AT-RT Trooper (AT-RT) 6
Obi-Wan Kenobie (Boga) 1
BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder) 5
Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Playset) 1

WORST
General Grievous (Wheel Bike) 7
Anakin Skywalker (Mustafar Playset) 2
BARC Trooper (BARC Speeder) 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Boga) 1
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mustafar Playset) 1

Jaff
01-20-2007, 09:33 AM
The next group of figs were quite a contridiction to each other. The first wave (#41 - #44) were everywhere, and easy to find. They were army builders, and yet very uninspiring. To make things interesting Hasbro released 2 versions of the Wookie Warrior. One had completely brown fur, while the other had whitish fur. This created a welcome variation for wookie dios. The Tarkin wave was completely opposite in that every figure was totally unique, and had some very inspiring detail and sculpts. They were in demand, and for awhile they were very tough to find.

5/05
Episode III#41: Clone Trooper (Super Poseable)
Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior
Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior (Tan or Brown)
Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid
Episode III#45: Tarkin
Episode III#46: Ask Aak
Episode III#47: Meena Tills (Mon Calamari Senator)

So who’s cool, and who stinks?

Episode III#41: Clone Trooper (Super Poseable)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0541clone.asp
Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0542neimoidian.asp
Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior (Tan and Brown)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0543wookiee.asp
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0543wookiee2.asp
Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0544destroyer.asp
Episode III#45: Tarkin
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0545tarkin.asp
Episode III#46: Ask Aak
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0546askaak.asp
Episode III#47: Meena Tills (Mon Calamari Senator)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0547meena.asp

Jaff
01-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Episode III#41: Clone Trooper (Super Poseable) - Yeah, yeah, a remade clone with brown marks and an antenna. So I bought one just for the fun of it, but that was it. This was a been there done that figure.
Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior - This was an interesting, if not pathetic looking creature. If you saw one of these dudes in real life, and you were told he was a guard you would probably offend the sad creature because he looks harmless. The weapon is very big and awkward, but all in all it’s a good fig.
Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior - I like the brown version much more than the tan one. I have them both, but I didn’t see many Tan wookies in the film. Maala would be proud. Just thinking of that hurts my memories, so the brown one is my favorite version.
Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid - This retool of the Saga version was just like the Clone as it was just another done fig. It was nice to get some more Destroyer Droids though.
Episode III#45: Tarkin - Ahhh, finally a figure that smells and looks great. Tarkin was a figure that I was salivating over. The idea of seeing Tarkin in Episode III was icing on the cake. This fig is also desert just to have displayed. Very cool.
Episode III#46: Ask Aak - Finally, another Gand. What was even better was this fig was in Episode II which makes it even more valued. Nice detail, and perfect pose for every scene that it appeared in, in every movie.
Episode III#47: Meena Tills (Mon Calamari Senator) - I like Meena, but she can’t stand worth a didly. I use my trusty clear stands for her, and because she’s so top heavy you have to even negotiate how to position the stand as well. Quality control missed a detail on this figure.

BEST - Ask Aak, with Tarkin close behind. I know Tarkin will probably win this one, but Ask just looks the most unique and detailed of this bunch.

WORST - Meena may not stand, but she looks great if you got the stands to help her. You can’t fault the wookies, or the Destroyer Droid. The Nemodian was also something new so I guess through process of elimination I got to pick the Clone Trooper (Super poseable) because it was a repetative rehash, and we really didn’t need this one.

Kidhuman
01-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Best - Tarkin

Worst - Destroyer Droid.

Edit: I really thought about it while driving to the store and yes, the destroyer is worse than the wookie which is why I changed it and didnt buy a destroyer.

sebillba
01-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, what a wave! More wookiees, a neimoidian, a mon cal and a gand!!!!!Tarkin is also nice (though can't compare with all these aliens!), but the clone and droideka are boring by comparison.

Best - ASK AAK

Worst - DESTROYER DROID

Battle Droid
01-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Best - Neimoidian Warrior

Worst - Destroyer Droid

General_Grievous
01-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Best - Tarkin

Worst - Destroyer Droid. If they wanted to repack a Destroyer, they should have gone with the EP1 version.

pegger
01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Best - Ask Aak

Worst - Destroyer droid. It was garbage when they released it in the Saga line. It was still garbage when they released it again.

El Chuxter
01-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Best: Ask Aak

Worst: That POS Droideka beats even the overrated #41 Trooper

Tycho
01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh boy! Some major corrections need to be made here:

Zuckuss the bounty hunter is a Gand, Ree-Yees and AskAak are Gran!

As to Tarkin, I don't recall sniffing him being any kind of great experience, and I sniff ALL my new figures when I open them up. Furthermore, desert is a large region devoid of water, and dessert is an ice cream sundae or blueberry pie with whipped cream.

Meena Tills can't stand so well because the Mon Calamari were on shaky ground, having to take over their government's representation after Civil War erupted on their home planet during the Clone Wars and versus the Quarren who used to represent them.

Now on to my figure reviews:

Episode III#41: Clone Trooper Most Clone Troopers are the coolest thing a Star Wars fan can imagine. A SA one is nothing to shirk. A great figure, whether rehased with a different helmet or not.

Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior - I got sick of seeing this one quick. What is it with Neimoidian hatred all around fandom? If I were to evaluate the figure on its own, its inaccurately oversized weapon detracts from it and I also don't like that. The figure itself I might really like had it been more rare.

Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior - I bought a few of these in each color to army build. The tan one looked sort of funny. It was a good idea to offer paint variations, but the tan style could have been better - or they could have made the variation a color darker than the brown one. It was a good sculpt though.

Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid - Now here's something to hate. I never bought ANY destroyer droid with a firing projectile and misshapen blasters. At Comic Con each year, I'd run around picking up $3 each deals on carded E1 Destroyer Droids to use wherever I needed them in my scenes. It's hard to imagine a figure in the regular E3 waves that I despise more.

Episode III#45: Tarkin - A good figure of a good character that did little good by being in E3 other than establishing his presense for its worth to the EU. Nevertheless, I like having this figure.

Episode III#46: Ask Aak - A great GRAN. I really like the sculpt work and coloring on this figure.

Episode III#47: Meena Tills (Mon Calamari Senator) - She goes above and beyond in sculpt and paint detail. It's hard to not really appreciate her uniqueness and colorfulness. I struggle to turn away from her in favor of the Clone Trooper, so perhaps I won't.

BEST - Meena Tills, with the Clone close behind.

WORST - The Destroyer Droid really irritates me. They should have gone back to the Episode One sculpt.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Best - Clone Trooper (Super Articulation!) - I can't believe this isn't getting more votes, it's so much better than the Quick-Draw one
Worst - Destroyer Droid (Firing Arm-Blaster!)

Mad Slanted Powers
01-20-2007, 03:00 PM

As to Tarkin, I don't recall sniffing him being any kind of great experience, and I sniff ALL my new figures when I open them up. Furthermore, desert is a large region devoid of water, and dessert is an ice cream sundae or blueberry pie with whipped cream.You tell 'em Tycho. I was about to point out the Gran/Gand thing myself.

Episode III#41: Clone Trooper - Unlike Tycho with his army of Clone Wars SA troopers, I did not have any. So, this was not a rehash to me, but an improvement over the #6 clone.

Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior - I too was sick of seeing this figure, and the oversized gun ruins it for me. Plus, his hat doesn't stay on well. He has good shoulder articulation, but something about the figure just makes it not fit in with the rest of the figures.

Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior - I got a couple of each of these for my Wookiee army. An okay figure, but I don't like the accessories. Had trouble trying to figure out how to hold that small gun, and the firing crossbow is also a bit unwieldy.

Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid - I like this better than the Saga version because the projectiles are all red. I didn't like the clear plastic of the Saga versions. Still, it's just another destroyer droid with an action feature that is not the ability to roll up.

Episode III#45: Tarkin - A nice neutral imperial officer figure. Not much to complain about here.

Episode III#46: Ask Aak - Some fine detail on this figure. I wish it had the articulated shoulders that Meena Tills has.

Episode III#47: Meena Tills - Mine didn't seem to have trouble standing, but then I just ran into the other room to grab the Tarkin figure and when I came back and sat down, I must have shaken the table enough to make him fall over. But, who cares if he can't stand when he can fly! Yes, lift up his arms rotate his elbows and he has wings!

BEST - Ask Aak. I'd choose the clone, but even though it was new to me, it was still just another clone. And despite the better articulation of Meena Tills, I couldn't vote for a flying fish.

WORST - Neimoidian Warrior. At least the destroyer droid can be added to my droid army. There wasn't much of a Neimoidian army on screen.

sebillba
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM

Episode III#47: Meena Tills (Mon Calamari Senator) - She goes above and beyond in sculpt and paint detail. It's hard to not really appreciate her uniqueness and colorfulness. I struggle to turn away from her in favor of the Clone Trooper, so perhaps I won't.

D'oh. I should've picked up on the Gand/Gran thing.... but I was at work when I posted, so was kind of distracted. Could I just point out another mistake though.... Meena Tills is actually male! Mine has no trouble standing, btw.

Tycho
01-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Are you sure Meena Tills is a male? What evidence do you have?

Battle Droid
01-20-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/meenatills/

sebillba
01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks BD, that's where I found him as well.

bigbarada
01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Best: Super-Poseable Clonetrooper I didn't care about any of those other figures, this was the only one I wanted. Still one of my favorite figures from the Ep3 line.

Worst: Destroyer Droid I've been waiting almost eight years for a decent Destroyer Droid figure, too bad we don't have one yet.

The Ep3 Wookies were a huge step backward in quality, especially after seeing the VOTC Chewie.

Nemoidian Warrior, these losers make the Bespin Security Guards look manly.

Tarkin, Ask Aak, Meena Tills: never saw a single one of them on the pegs. IF the two senators had been in the "Birth of the Rebellion" DVD cutscene, then I would put some effort into finding them (but there were nothing but humans in that stupid scene).

I want a proper ANH Tarkin, not this figure.

General_Grievous
01-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I want a proper ANH Tarkin, not this figure

And we got one in the Imperial Briefing multipack using this same sculpt.

Jaff
01-20-2007, 11:28 PM
I will go on record and state that the greatest smelling figure I ever got when I opened them was the Vintage TIE Fighter Pilot. 10 years ago I bought another vintage TIE just to get that smell, and have another vintage TIE. And the smell lasted for years. Vintage POTF Lando General is a good one too. I still can still smell them today. Talk about expensive habits.

I will say Tarkin smelled very good to me, but not on the level of the vintage TIE. I'd give Tarkin a 7 on the sniffer scale

I need two more votes to go onto the next poll. I'll try again in a couple hours.

Tycho
01-21-2007, 04:25 AM
Right on, Jaff! We should make a new thread when this poll is concluded:

The SW Best/Worst smell poll 1995-2007.

The worst ones would be actually the figures that don't smell at all, and the best ones would be those that really stink!

Bosskman
01-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Best - Ask Aak

Worst - Destroyer Droid

Jaff
01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Ask gets it, and the Destroyer Droid sure got it too...

BEST
Ask Aak (ROTS) 6
Tarkin (ROTS) 2
Neimoidian Warrior (ROTS) 1
Meena Tillis (ROTS) 1
Clone Trooper “Super Poseable” (ROTS) 2

WORST
Clone Trooper “Super Poseable” (ROTS) 1
Destroyer Droid (ROTS) 10
Neimoidian Warrior (ROTS) 1

tagmac
01-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Episode III#41: Clone Trooper - The easiest clone of them all to find, if you can believe that one. And to think, I thought I was lucky the morning I found this wave at Target. This figure was a nice improvement over the #6 Clone, but since so few plain white clones were seen in the film, it's hard to go nuts for this guy.

Episode III#42: Neimoidian Warrior - On it's own, it's not a bad-looking figure. However, for more than a month, when there should have been new figures filling the pegs, all I saw was this guy, and in double-digits! And then Habro had the gall to re-release it as a repaint....!

Episode III#43: Wookie Warrior - The morning I found this wave, I got the tan one, thinking the picture was wrong. Got the brown version a couple weeks later by chance on a trip to DC when we happened to stop at Target to pick up sunscreen. Wasn't overly impressed with these guys, and the firing weapons are just awful.

Episode III#44: Destroyer Droid - UGH! The only one of the group I did not get. Those firing weapons completely killed this figure, as if we needed another one that didn't fold up.

Episode III#45: Tarkin - I was one of the lucky ones to nab these guys on Amazon when they first hit. Didn't see the wave until more than a month later when KB got a ton of them in. Tarking wasn't a bad figure, but not nearly as good as the original version, IMO.

Episode III#46: Ask Aak - This was a nice addition to the group, which really stood out in the picture of the 50 figs, along with Meena Tills. Who'd have thought we'd get any of the lesser Senators, and we got two of them. The sculpt and costume were really nice here, definitely among the top of the who Ep III series, never mind this wave.

Episode III#47: Meena Tills - Another really nice, surprising figure. The color was really great, and makes this figure stand out big time. A shame his one scene was deleted, while Ask Aak at least had a speaking part in Ep. II.

Best: Gotta go with Meena Tills here, although Ask Aak is a close second.

Worst: I was tempted to vote for the Nemoidian because I was so sick of seeing it, but on figure quality alone, I've gotta go with the Destroyer Droid.

Jaff
01-21-2007, 09:21 PM
How is it possible for you to pick a worst out of this group? That was the question I asked myself when I started this group. They are all essentially the same figure, but with different paint aps, but boy what cool figures they were. So lets take a look at the greatest exclusive 4 pack (IMO) ever made. The Entertainment Earth exclusive Clonetroopers.

5/05
White Clonetrooper Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
White Clonetrooper Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Yellow Clonetrooper Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Red Clonetrooper Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Blue Clonetrooper Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Green Clonetrooper Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Yellow Clonetrooper Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Red Clonetrooper Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Green Clonetrooper Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Blue Clonetrooper Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)

Frankly there is no WORST out of this bunch. I’m sure we would all most likely agree, however for the sake of consistancy which is your BEST and WORST?

*Note, all the clonetroopers are pictured in slide form on link*
White Clonetrooper 4-pack Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
White Clonetrooper 4-pack Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Colored Clonetrooper 4-pack Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
Colored Clonetrooper 4-pack Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive)
http://www.rebelscum.com/sw05Clone4pack.asp

Jaff
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
These are without a doubt the coolest army building 4-pack ever. The Sandtroopers were cool, but these simply rock! I want to ask all of you to please be very specific when you are polling "damage, clean, and colors" must be watched carefully when you vote. I know picking a worst is difficult, but go ahead bite the bullet, I mean figure.

White Clonetrooper Battle Damage - I actually like this one the most because it’s great army building set for your Clone Wars dio. They look weathered and in combat.
White Clonetrooper Clean - Another great addition. You need at least 10 clone troopers for your collection. These white versions are like Stormtroopers, you can never have enough.
Colored Clonetrooper 4-pack Battle Damage (Entertainment Earth Exclusive) - You know, I bought all four of these sets, and realized that I really didn’t need a battle damaged blue, or green clone trooper. I never saw any of those colors during the battle in the movie. So I now have this pack on e-bay as I write this. It’s not a bad pack, but for me I don’t need it.
Colored Clonetrooper 4-pack Clean (Entertainment Earth Exclusive) - Way cool. It’s nice to have all these, and even though the blue and green are only in the film for a blink of an eye they are still awesome. If I was to pick a favorite color I would pick Blue. It just looks the best.

BEST - Clean White Clonetrooper

WORST - Green battle damaged Clone Trooper. I didn’t need this fig, and the green clone is my least favorite colored clone.

bigbarada
01-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, this is impossible to choose since they're all essentially the same figure.

Best: Clean yellow, no real reason, it's just my fav of the bunch.

Worst: any of the battle damaged, but the higher up the rank goes the less appropriate battle damage would be, so I guess Dirty Yellow would be the worst.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-21-2007, 10:08 PM
For worst, I'll pick the White Clone w/battle damage because it's just a plain clone, but I'd rather have a nice clean white clone since I never found the Clone Wars version.

For best, I'll rule out the white because it is plain, and also red and yellow because we already had carded versions. That leaves the blue and the green. I like blue better, and there is a green version in the TSC line if I ever find it.

BEST - Blue Clone without battle damage
WORST - White Clone with battle damage

Darth Jax
01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
previous (not that it affects the finish)
best - ask aak
worst - neomoidian coward, err warrior

current
best - clean blue
worst - yellow battle damage

Kidhuman
01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Dont have these packs so I pass this round

tagmac
01-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Since I never got these, and there's really nothing different to vote for (unless you're judging by your favorite color), I'm gonna pass on this round.

Jaff, looks like I missed the last round by a minute, but it's no biggie, since my votes won't sway the totals anyway.

Tycho
01-22-2007, 01:09 AM
I'm going to pass for my first time.

I love all these figures.

Jaff
01-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Since I never got these, and there's really nothing different to vote for (unless you're judging by your favorite color), I'm gonna pass on this round.

Jaff, looks like I missed the last round by a minute, but it's no biggie, since my votes won't sway the totals anyway.

Don't worry Tag, you and Darth Jax's votes have been tallied, even though the results stayed the same.

sebillba
01-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Best - Blue, clean. (This is the only pack I got)

Worst - White, dirty.

Bosskman
01-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Best - Clean Yellow
Worst - Dirty Green

Bosskman
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I gotta step in about the Clone Army ranks here. In the real world Captain and Lieutenant are OFFICER ranks. Sergeant is a NON-COMMISSIONED rank. Commander is not a rank but a position. A Captain, Lieutanant or Sergeant could all be (and probably are) commanders. I prefer to think of the yellow clones as being the Senior Officers (Majors, Lieutenant-Colonels and Colonels) rather than having the "rank" of Commander, but that's just me.

dindae
01-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Previous poll

Best - Ask Aak
Worst - Destroyer droid
Worst accessory - Nemodian gun

Current poll since they are all the same scuplt I don't care who wins or loses.

pegger
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Best - Clean Red
Worst - Dirty white.

El Chuxter
01-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Best: Clean Green. It was nice to get an accurate shade of Green.

Worst: Uh, I guess the Damaged Yellow. This is pretty much just a toss-up.

Jaff
01-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Our turnout for this group was kind of weak, which is expectable since they are all the same figure. However I need someone to break our Worst Tie before I can post another poll in a few hours. So anyone who passed on their votes, if you are willing pick a good and bad, and once we don't have a tie on these we will go forward. Here are the current results....

BEST
Clean White Clone Trooper (EE Set) 1
Clean Yellow Clone Trooper (EE Set) 2
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set) 3
Clean Red Clone Trooper (EE Set) 1

WORST
Green “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set) 2
Yellow “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set) 3
“Battle D” White Clone Trooper (EE Set) 3

tagmac
01-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Just to help out the thread, I'll go with the Yellow Battle Damaged Clone as the worst, especially since I always think of the commanders as being away from the front lines, and less prone to being "damaged" like this.

Jaff
01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Tag put this group over the top. Here is the totals, now we can go on to a real group of figs.

BEST
Clean White Clone Trooper (EE Set) 1
Clean Yellow Clone Trooper (EE Set) 2
Clean Blue Clone Trooper (EE Set) 3

WORST
Green “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set) 2
Yellow “Battle D” Clone Trooper (EE Set) 4
“Battle D” White Clone Trooper (EE Set) 3

Jaff
01-23-2007, 02:01 AM
You know, the ROTS line really knew how to utilize the deluxe figures. The ROTS line is about the best Deluxe figs ever made. This list has a perfect example of why I think that. Once again, remember, I include all Deluxe figs in this poll (since the beginning of this thread) as figure voting because if I omitted the vulture droid (for instance), I would be able to justify just about any figure for occlusion. I did not want to put that temptation before me, so the Deluxe figs are all or nothing. Remember we all voted on the Ultra Jabba, which I honestly don’t consider a figure. Still I choose all deluxe and that‘s that.

5/05
Deluxe Yoda with Can-Cell
Deluxe Darth Vader with Operating table
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jet Pack
Deluxe Vulture Droid

Deluxe Yoda with Can-Cell
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxyoda.asp
Deluxe Darth Vader with Operating table
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxvader.asp
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jet Pack
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxclone.asp
Deluxe Vulture Droid (note that there are color variants on this one)
http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS05dlxvulture.asp

Jaff
01-23-2007, 02:03 AM
Awesome deluxe, there are some cool items in this list!
Deluxe Yoda with Can-Cell - Yoda does what he should, and the Can Cell looks fine, but it’s not a big deal as far as impression wise. I like the wing span, and the detail. I think it’s too colorful of a creature, and just looks off though.
Deluxe Darth Vader with Operating table - No deluxe out of this list stands a chance against this Darth. It was a dream come true to have Darth with his operating table. Some day more med droids will be made and it will be a great dio. I’m breathless on this one.
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jet Pack - This EU trooper looks nice, and does what it should. It’s backpack and detail are good, but for me, this is an easy looser.
Deluxe Vulture Droid - The color scheme of this remake tops the Episode I version with ease. Even the variant just doesn’t look as good as the ROTS version. The color really is my appeal to this deluxe item. Still, it’s basically a big statue that is hard to display.

BEST - Vader, with overwhelming ease.

WORST - I sold my Deluxe Clone at a garage sale because I had no need for it, thus it is my looser, however technically I could pick the Vulture Droid because it’s not necessarily a figure, rather a vehicle. Yet I still like the Vulture a lot more than the Clone so my vote will stand as is.

Tycho
01-23-2007, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE=Jaff;525473]
Deluxe Yoda with Can-Cell - Cute. I liked it and it's a rather original piece in my collection.

Deluxe Darth Vader with Operating table - OK - it will be no surprise when this one wins. I'd echo Jaff like a parrot, so I don't see the need to bother. Perfection!

Deluxe Clone Trooper with Jet Pack - I didn't need this one so I didn't bother. It wasn't awful though.

Deluxe Vulture Droid - It was useful for the space battle and hanging my starfighter ships, but it's a repaint and nothing that special. But like I said: it was useful.

BEST - Vader, with overwhelming ease.

WORST - Clone - almost unfairly, because they put more effort into this than the Vulture Droid.

bigbarada
01-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Best: Vader (because it's just such a key scene in the saga, although I like it more for the table than for the Vader)

Worst: Clonetrooper (it's just really boring in comparison)

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Not opened any of these yet, but I'll go with the following:

Best - Vader
Worst - Yoda