PDA

View Full Version : Wave 7 Pictures Revealed today.(merged)

Droid
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
So we now have pictures of the Naboo and Endor II waves. I have got to think these are early sculpts and the paint scheme is denifitely not finalized.

1. The pod racers are Dud Bolt and Mars Guo. At this early stage Dud Bolt
seems unrecognizable to me. Guo is taller that I pictured. Both are
in my Top Ten most wanted Phantom Menace figures so I'm happy.
2. Naboo Flight Crew. I hope he gets a coat in the final version. I'll buy it.
3. Gragga. Looks kind of small. I'll buy it.
4. Darth Maul hologram. I'll pass. He was only a hologram in the one scene
and I thought that figure captured it well.
5. Gungan Rep Been - I'm delighted.

6. Endor Rebel Soldier - I am pleased with the variant ethnicity, but it looks a
bit like Lando. I wish the head sculpt was less Landoish, maybe if he didn't
have a mustache.
7. Endor Luke. Cloth pancho, which I hate, but a lot of people love.
Removable helmet. Jointed knees. I'll buy it. I'm interested to see what
he looks like without the pancho. Maybe ROTJ Luke will finally get his
Death Star duel Luke he's after
8. Endor Vader. I guess I'll buy it. It is a retread of the Emperor's Wrath
Vader, but I am intriqued by the skull accessory.

kool-aid killer
06-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I like the Endor Rebel Trooper too. Actually, i like most of them except for the Maul Holo figure, that i will leave on the pegs. Im undecided on Endor Luke, but i think his cloth pancho will be what keeps me from picking him up, looks a little silly on him. But right now the rest look like winners to me.

Tycho
06-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh this was a nice surprise for me today! Thanks SirSteve!

I'm actually thrilled they made a soft-goods Luke Endor. I can cross him off our Top 50 most-wanted list. It's not perfect, but I like it. I don't think he wore a gun and holster by that point - it's a tribute to the Kenner figure that came with one I think.

The podracers? The might be Mars Guo, but I thought it - nah, I guess it is. However, THAT's Dud Bolt? Nah. What's on his head? Was it a prototype being photo'd before it was finished? I'm confused. I really want Dud Bolt, but hmmm. Whoever this is, they could stand improvement.

Gragga might be larger. The clothing seems authentic, but I would have bought 5-17 of them if I could have substuted up to 12 as SwokesSwokes senators in the 3 respective senate scenes (containing 4 each).

Vader with the skull (to presumably create the Emperor's Wrath Vader I'd guess) is interesting. He's not on my to-buy list though.

Rep Been is nice. It's plain, but I need like 10 of them or so for various Gungan Scenes.

The Naboo Pilot dude? Cool. I'll get several. Yeah, a coat for him would be cool.

The black dude as an Endor Rebel Soldier? It's about time! Very nice. I agree that if you dropped the mustache he'd look a lot less like Lando! There's only one Calrissian! Also the black dude you can see clearly in ROTJ on Endor did NOT have a mustache. Maybe this is a proto and they're just borrowing a Lando head? I'd need to look at my Lando figures again to determine which one it is (general, skiff guard 2, etc)

El Chuxter
06-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Vader has wires hanging from his severed arm, too. That may warrant my getting him again. Not sure what's up with the skull, though. Maybe a scene cut from ROTS where he battles Predator?

BountyHunterScum
06-02-2006, 01:28 PM
I never got Emperor's Wrath Vader so this one i'm definitely gonna get. I hope he isn't impossible to find.

mm74md
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
What about the Obi-Wan? Looks like a repack to me :(

http://www.mandaloriandistrict.co.uk/News%20Images/wave%207%20obi-wan.php

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I like this wave. although the Naboo soldier is a tad too bright. and I do like the idea of including the fried Skull with Vader; awesome!!! and i'm finally glad to get my Maul Hologram as I never wasted my $$ on that light up Hologram a few years back.

Banthaholic
06-02-2006, 02:00 PM
WOW!

This made my day. I'm impressed with all of the offerings. The Ep 1 figures look great. I like Gragga and appreciate the accessory. Rep Been is exactly what I would have expected for this figure, and the Naboo soldier is the best of the bunch. It's generic enough for army building, and it's a figure that I've wanted.

The ROTJ figures are also nice. Luke with soft goods looks nice. I would have though this would be a good candidate for a VTSC fgure so at the basic pricepoint I'm happy. The Endor soldier adds some good diversity to our endor troops army and even the Vader looks nice with the accessories and the cool handless stub.

I'm happy with what I see!

LTBasker
06-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm thinking the displayed skull is just for that- display, just like having some robotic arm thing that has the same details as Vader's "revealed" wrist. It looks like they're showing what is inside the translucent plastic probably to show it's slightly different from POTJ Wrath Vader. Just my theory.

The podracers- look interesting

Naboo guy- I'm disappointed, I was hoping for an SA Naboo Security Officer or Royal Guard but I'm happy the figure is at least SA and has a removeable helmet. I'll probably get a handful despite the fact I never really saw anyone on Naboo with that costume.

Endor Soldier- Definitely looks like a modified Lando head so hopefully that will change, they're all obviously prototypes but in various stages. I'm glad they gave him SA legs instead of sticking with the extreme posing of the Saga one. I just hope they bring the legs in center more, with the way they're spread it will be useless articulation. Hopefully they also release some head variants like last time.

Graga- couldn't really have cared less about this character, but I'll obviously pick it up. Wish they had had a rack included to hang the dead animals from. Maybe with 2 other dead animals hanging on it or something. Do you think Graga will come with a hero or villain holo?

Holo Maul- Okey dokey.

Endor Luke- FANFREAKINGTASTIC. As long as it's not Jabba's Palace Luke under there, it looks like the same legs but they could've removed the skirt and reused them. The poncho looks REALLY good!

Wrath Vader- Cool.

Rep Been- Boss Nass won't be lonely...

Obi-Wan- Interesting tease so far, it looks like the May 3rd Obi-Wan's body but it has the head with the "real" braid from the soft goods Obi-Wan. Hopefully the body is SA.

Interesting thing to note is that all the lightsabers don't have spark effects. Granted the TPM era sabers wouldn't and maybe not Wrath Vader, but Jedi Luke would surely have one... Maybe they're phasing them out?

Slicker
06-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Definitely all great offerings. I'm glad to see Hasbro revisiting TPM figures again. It's been some time, IIRC.

I haven't seen one bad figure in this entire TSC wave so this is shaping up to be quite possibly my favorite line of modern lines.

dindae
06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Great I've bee waiting to see these. I'm hoping to see the final versions are better but I'm excited that the Luke and Endor trooper were not cancelled as reported. I like all the removable helmets. The emporer's wrath Vader is a suprise. I will definately get them all and multiples of Naboo, Rep been, and Endor trooper. I think Graga may be a bit more in scale then it looks since the stand looks smaller in the picture. Hard to say for sure though. Looks like the packing peanut on Dud Bolt's head is to protect the weird horn thing on his snout http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/dudbolt/?id=eu. The more I look at these figure the more I like them. Great Job Hasbro.:thumbsup:

Jargo
06-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I may have to pony up for the podracers and gragra. everything else I'm happy to ignore.

Dark Marble
06-02-2006, 02:58 PM
This has been a great year for figures, and this is another wave I am very happy with. The figures are still my favorite things to collect in Star Wars!!

Banthaholic
06-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Naboo guy- I'm disappointed, I was hoping for an SA Naboo Security Officer or Royal Guard but I'm happy the figure is at least SA and has a removeable helmet. I'll probably get a handful despite the fact I never really saw anyone on Naboo with that costume.

I watched a bit of Ep1 today and it looks like you can see these guys preparing the Royal Starship before they depart Coruscant for Naboo.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
These all look pretty awesome. The cheesy paint jobs better be mock-ups, though.

It's nice to finally get some new TPM figures, especially podracers. I was afraid it was just going to be Gasgano and a pit droid again. Thankfully it looks like that pillow thing is removable from Dud's face and he has the proper helmet too.

The Naboo guy looks pretty good, but I don't really remember him. Like others said, give him a coat and he's golden. Hopefully they'll update the humongous blaster too.

It's nice to get another Endor trooper to mix it up. He doesn't look much like Lando on the big picture, so that's good too.

Gragra looks killer; I love the opening mouth.

I was hoping they'd use the Trophy Collection Darth Maul for the holo, since he's facing forward and can more or less cross his arms. Well, at least they used one with a hood.

Luke looks fantastic. Nice of them to give him a closed right hand. It looks like most of it is the 2004 version, but hopefully he has a new torso and no skirt.

I'm not sure what to make of all those accessories with Vader . . . he looks pretty cool, though. If it's different enough from the original then I'll get it.

"Representative Bean" (as he's called on the stand) will go great with Boss Nass.

Obi-Wan looks pretty good for what it is. Seeing those big, cartoony hands nowadays is a little odd though. I'm thinking I'll pass on it, but you never know.

Beast
06-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Damn you, Hasbro! Damn you to hell. You keep making it so hard for me to stop collecting Star Wars. I'll probably at least get Rep Bean, and maybe Graga and Luke. Since those three I have been supporting release for years now. :)

LTBasker
06-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I've found some images with the Naboo guy in them, never see a coat though. The only ones I see wearing coats are pilots...

http://multimedia.theforce.net/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/On_Set&image=insi39_6.jpg&img=&tt=
http://multimedia.theforce.net/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_1/Screen_Captures&image=Wdscrn250.jpg&img=64&tt=

Fearless Naboo technician hiding behind the yellow R2 unit. :p

TheDarthVader
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Most all of these are looking good. I am not sure about getting that Maul holo though. I am excited about getting a retooled Vader. I will probably get two Vaders. Finally...a black figure! It is about time. I hope Hasbro starts making more ethnic figures.
My favorite figure out of the bunch is probably Rep Ben. The naboo dude is also pretty cool.

B.
TDV

Tycho
06-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Looks like the packing peanut on Dud Bolt's head is to protect the weird horn thing on his snout http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/dudbolt/?id=eu. :

Whoa! A removeable packing peanut? Who'd have thought of that as an accessory?! If you're right, then I can't wait to see what the finished sculpt looks like without the peanut on him Dud Bolt was probably my favorite podracer in terms of looks!

On the Endor Rebel Soldier, does anyone else think that while the final figure may be a black dude, they are using one of the Lando figures' heads for a stand-in at the moment?

Slicker
06-02-2006, 07:20 PM
A packing peanut, eh? I thought it looked like an ice block on his kinda like the elephants in Dumbo.

Banthaholic
06-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Whoa! A removeable packing peanut? Who'd have thought of that as an accessory?! If you're right, then I can't wait to see what the finished sculpt looks like without the peanut on him Dud Bolt was probably my favorite podracer in terms of looks!

If you think Mouse Droids sniff nice, wait till you get a hold of Bolt's packing peanut.

vadersvette
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Not bad. My reactons:

Naboo Wave: Like the TPM display stands. Nice that they don't just say Star Wars like the EU, CW, and ANH stands.

-Rep Been - nice looking statue-figure

-Pod Racers - very nice - could've taken off the packaging peanut to see the face better, but you'll have that.

-Obi-Wan - this one's got me worried. Looks to me like the EpI soft goods one. Hopefully SA:Ponder:

-Naboo Flight Crew - Nice SA figure. Will buy one.

-Holo Maul - Not appealing. Pass.

-Gragra - one word: Cool!:whip:

Endor Wave Continuation: Nice to have you guys back

-Vader - awesome and confusing at the same time. Why the skull? Looks like it might plug into the figures body to give that 'electrified' effect?

-Endor Soldier - would've been nice if they gave him new arms too, but the articulated legs are good.

-Luke - this one, like Obi-Wan, also has me worried. The figure underneath the robe looks exactly like the Saga Jabbas Palace one. Same legs, arms and head, at least. Hopefully the arms will be ball jointed and he will have his DS2 gear underneath.

Hopefully these things will be improved or cleared up come time.:bandit:

figrin bran
06-02-2006, 10:24 PM
i actually like that sculpt of maul and so i'll pick that one up. the only ones i think i'll pass on are rep been and the podracers but the rest i definitely want.

i don't know why but i get the feeling that the endor luke might be saga jabba's palace luke + a soft goods cloak. i also wonder if the obi wan might be votc obi wan with a TPM head, of course.

evenflow
06-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Very nice wave, can't wait for these.

Tycho
06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
I can't wait to see if I'll get a chance to start a thread: "Have you sniffed Dud Bolt's Packing Peanut?" :D

You know: he has it on his nose, why can't we?

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm a little disappointed that Luke seems to be the same Jabba's Palace figure except with a new gloved hand. It's an ok figure but really isn't up to today's standards of articulation, and the face is a little off still.

I'll probably get Vader, Rep Been, Luke Endor, Endor Trooper, and maybe if I'm feeling desparate, Obi-Wan TPM. Graga I really doubt I'd ever buy, I don't go for podracers, that Naboo guy is such a nobody I don't recognize him or his outfit which is REALLY rare for me with in-movie characters, and Holo Maul pulled from original Tatooine Maul is too action-posed for a workable holo and he should have matched the purple holographic look of Ep 1 Holo Sidious.

Oh, and that doesn't look like Lando's head to me, all the Lando ball-jointed figures have relatively small heads and this looks bigger, plus the features are different.

Endor Luke- FANFREAKINGTASTIC. As long as it's not Jabba's Palace Luke under there, it looks like the same legs but they could've removed the skirt and reused them. The poncho looks REALLY good!Same head, legs, and left hand, except for the right hand what do you think the odds are that the rest is different? Sadly, poor is my guess.

Interesting thing to note is that all the lightsabers don't have spark effects. Granted the TPM era sabers wouldn't and maybe not Wrath Vader, but Jedi Luke would surely have one... Maybe they're phasing them out?You wish! They're just using crummy old molds, the Luke one seems to be the same Obi-Wan POTJ version that's too long, damnit to hell!.

What about the Obi-Wan? Looks like a repack to me :(
It is a repack, Ep 1 line's "Obi-Wan Jedi Knight" head (the soft-goods figure) with the first version's body (the wrist tells that tale).

Kidhuman
06-03-2006, 02:39 AM
good schtuff.

plasticfetish
06-03-2006, 05:31 AM
This whole wave looks cool to me -- I may buy 'em all. (Good stuff Hasbro! A nice mix of figures.)

I think we're looking at prototype photos here though, so I'm not convinced that the colors, paint, etc. are quite what we're going to end up with. Just the same...

The podracers are fun. Not a big deal to me, but more of these are always a welcome addition. Hope the final versions are painted as nicely as these. (If not, I may pass on them.)

The Naboo Flight Crew guy seems cool. Again, not a huge big deal, but another good solid background character. The head looks a bit small in that photo, but again, I'm gonna bet this isn't a final version.

The Endor Rebel Trooper looks very good. I've been unhappy with just about all of the past Endor soldiers that they've done, but this one looks close to perfect. Are the elbows articulated though? I don't even see cut joints in that photo.

Gragra is crazy looking and great. I'll bet that it's a bigger figure than it seems in that photo.

Holo Maul looks very odd in that photo... but I'll just assume that it'll be a typical decent holo figure.

Endor Luke is great. I'm fine with using that body again, and the poncho looks really good to me, but the final version could end up much different. (Hope not.) I kind of hope that it also comes with an unlit saber handle that clips to his belt. (We really need a new speederbike now.)

Vader looks fun. I'm not exactly sure about some of the parts -- what they're for and how they connect, but it looks like it could be a great toy. (Suppose we'll see when the final version comes out.)

The Gungan, is... a Gungan. ;) It looks great in that photo. Let's just hope that the final version is painted well, ('cause again, if not, I'll pass.)

I want to see a little more of the Obi-Wan figure before I decide, but it looks okay. I can't remember if I have a loose version of that one (I may have given it to my kid), but if not, I'll grab it.

Jaff
06-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Cool, my money is ready to be spent!

Jargo
06-03-2006, 09:45 AM
I was looking at a production still of gragra and noticed that they used a set of Ithorian legs on the actual costume. interestingly hasbro has followed suit and I'll wager that underneath that skirt it's Momaw Nadon's legs complete with ragged edge knee length trousers. which is probably half the reason they released it, the cheapness of doing a larger figure utilising existing molds for the legs. fair enough really.

The Endor rebel's head looks like it could make a really good Mak Case the x-wing pilot from ROJ.
Naboo tech guy looks like he has an expression more suitable for an Imperial.

Lord Malakite
06-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Holo Maul - An interesting figure but not really warranted as the Episode I Wal-Mart exclusive was more correct to the movie scene. I still think the new blue sparkle effect thing makes these new holos look like they have been sculpted out of toothpaste. At least they seem to be staying consistent now when compared to the holo figures of old which seemed to be molded from a different shade of transluscent blue plastic for each character. I'll probably get it anyway if I see it though. I'm a sucker for holo figures.

Emperor's Wrath Vader - This is an interesting figure and I will definately be getting it if I find one. While the POTJ sculpt is good this new one adds a few key details that were previously missing. One of which is the lightning exposed internal mechanical arm and another being the exposed wires from Vader's lightsaber severed hand/arm. As a nice bonus this figure also has a better detailed/painted skull and snap on force lightning. As for why the skull and arm are shown outside of the figure I don't know. It could be to show off the detail of the internal pieces better as suggested. I'm hoping that it is more than that though. Perhaps the skull and internal mechanical limb are designed to be removable so that he can be a normal Vader figure when not recreating that specific ROTJ scene. The only disappointing thing I can see with this Vader is that the skull doesn't appear to be "glow in the dark" plastic like the POTJ version. I also don't notice any painted on lightning effects to the Vader helmet on this figure as compared to the POTJ sculpt. That could be understandable though if they are indeed going to make this a two in one Vader as I have hypothesized.

Now if only they make an Emperor's Wrath Luke and Mace I'll be happy. :D

Bacta Beast
06-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Found a link to new photos over at galactichunter! http://www.toyzandgamez.com/contentcollectionpage~Type~2~Category~26297.aspx
There are a few things that dissapoint me here. Not the least of which is the lack of a new scult for Luke. I hope they at least retooled the mold for the torso to not include the vest. Also, I like that Vader sculpt but I would like one some new hands so it can look like he's really holding on to the Emperor. And why do they refuse to reuse the Evolution version?!!!!!
Obi-Wan is a massive let down.:upset: Please, Hasbro give us a decent EP I SA Obi-Wan (an EP II version would also be appreciated)!

Jaff
06-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Has anyone seen the pictures for the upcoming Qui-Gon Jinn. It will be released in the Naboo wave, and I'm a little worried that it is going to be like the Obi-Wan?

Banthaholic
06-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Has anyone seen the pictures for the upcoming Qui-Gon Jinn. It will be released in the Naboo wave, and I'm a little worried that it is going to be like the Obi-Wan?
I haven't but here's hoping it will be a Qui-Jon with Darth Maul's lightsaber lodged in his chest.

I can dream can't I:twisted:

jjreason
06-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I have a distinct feeling it will be much like the Obi Wan - something we've seen somewhere before. Too bad really, we still don't have really nice figures of either QGJ or EpI Obi Wan.

Battle Droid
06-03-2006, 09:55 PM
There's not going to be a Qui-Gon.

BountyHunterScum
06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Maybe they'll have the option to shove a light up his butt to illuminate the skull. :thumbsup:

timmae
06-04-2006, 01:06 AM
i will purchase podracers, graga, holo maul, wrath vader only. can't wait to see the cards. as a carded collector, these packages are awesome to look at. i can't believe i am buying another vader, but i am a sucker for this one as i love the potj one a lot too. i have the wmart holo maul, but am a sucker for the toothpaste holo's too.

Ric Olie
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
The Naboo Ground Crew figure is cool and I'll be buying him but I'm really hoping we'll get a Naboo Pilot with his orange trench coat. Like the one Ric Olie is sporting in my avatar.

DarkArtist
06-04-2006, 09:00 PM
i think the only one i might pass on is the holo darth maul. the vader looks awesome, the endor luke is a toss up. it looks like a rehash of the jabba's palace luke with a cloth poncho.

BountyHunterScum
06-05-2006, 11:44 AM
The Holo-Maul is basically the Tatooine Maul from TPM except they turned it transparent.

Banthaholic
06-05-2006, 11:43 PM
The Naboo Ground Crew figure is cool and I'll be buying him but I'm really hoping we'll get a Naboo Pilot with his orange trench coat. Like the one Ric Olie is sporting in my avatar.
I would have been cool to see a Naboo Pilot, but who knows if next years rumors hold true of a Ep 1 3D, maybe we'll see more Ep 1 merchandise at that time. The odds for a NAboo pilot have to be good, the odds for this technitian probably weren't so good, and that makes me excited for an obscure background character.

TheDarthVader
06-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Ep1 3d? Sounds cool. Is that going to be at IMAX?

If luke is a rehash, I might pass on him too.

plasticfetish
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
No, not IMAX... there's a thread around here some place about it.

I would have been cool to see a Naboo Pilot, but who knows if next years rumors hold true of a Ep 1 3D, maybe we'll see more Ep 1 merchandise at that time.Man, you can bet your hat that when those movies come out, that they'll start pumping out the rehashed figures. I'm gonna predict a special 3-D cardback... or something like that. We may get a few new figures also, but who knows.

jjreason
06-06-2006, 01:16 AM
It would actually be a relief to see the EpI Battle Droids and Destroyers back on the shelves - the ones we've had since haven't been close to that quality.

plasticfetish
06-06-2006, 02:00 AM
I second that!

El Chuxter
06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd like to see a VOTC-style Droideka that--oh, this is kind of crazy, so bear with me for a minute--actually transforms!

I'd pay $10 for that.

Jargo
06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
There must be some sculpts left from EP1 that have never been released. different Gungans, More Amidala's, um, hell even a bongo sub. Though doubtless it'll give hasbro a great excuse to put out that damn naboo starfighter again. Though if they did a break apart exploding one that'd be cool. or that battle droid rack transport barge. that would be incredibly cool.
An Otoh Gunga bubble playset based on the one where we see Boss nas with the reps would be ok. make an interesting point of display for those figures.
Gian speeder is what would be the cream for me me though. they should have done that rather than the lame flash speeder. oooh and the coruscant air taxi. Mot Not Rab taxi driver. Sei Taria the chancellors aide. maybe a box set of costumed Ben Burtt, John Knoll, Rick McCallum etc from that end scene in TPM. Funeral pyre Qui-Gon. Different costume handmaiden, Battle droids made from sturdy plastic and done in their respective colour markings. Daultay Dofine that stunted slime. Jira lol.

a mix of rehash, kitbash, re-issue and new is about all you can hope for whatever hasbro does.

Darth Cruel
06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I am not thrilled about any of the figures in this wave. I have to get them for the sake of a complete collection (in my mind). But I won't be wasting much money on Army-builders with the possible exception of the Naboo Flight crew guy if it is a super-a sculpt.

Tycho
06-06-2006, 03:14 PM
The Naboo Flight Crew Guy (NFCG) - does anyone here see the potential of making him a Naboo Fighter Pilot with just a WWI style trench coat (sans Ric Olie) and an extra variation flight helmet?

Let alone the body, repainted, could be used for Wilrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy - ICMG).

So put simply: the NFCG could be used to make the ICMG and an NFP, IMO, IIRC. :D

Battle Droid
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=B004993D-D56F-E112-43B20BE5AA0320F6

BountyHunterScum
06-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm gonna have to get more than one of Vader.

Jargo
06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
The official pic still doesn't have the nose tendril thing on dud bolt. but man it's a sweet looking figure.

LTBasker
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm disappointed though that the Yavin wave that was mentioned awhile back at the same time as the Naboo/Endor wave isn't going to get made. Unless it's the first wave of 2007...

Also kind of disappointed the Endor troopers don't have their rifles, I'm glad we're getting decent versions of those blasters but hope they also have their rifles. I'm surprised they're not only making a variant Endor trooper with a different head but he's also some sort of comms officer as his headset connects to a pouch on the belt.

I just hope Luke isn't Jabba's Palace Luke.

mtriv73
06-08-2006, 12:20 PM
This looks pretty good to me. I'm not thrilled with the technician or the pod racers (please tell me these will be in a 2-pack,) but the rest look good, especially Vader.

vadersvette
06-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Obi-Wan looks very disappointing. I was hoping for a SA Obi-Wan, and it dosen't look like this one is.
Nice to see the Endor Soldier comes in two varieties. Still wish they would've made a new upper body for them.
Here's hoping that the Luke underneath the poncho is just an early production of the figure. It is most definately the Jabba Luke with a new gloved hand. I just hope they at least made a new DS2 upper body and removed the 'skirt' part of the Jedi robes.---And hopefully he'll be able to ride a speeder bike.
Vader is bad@$$--will definately need to get him.

dindae
06-08-2006, 12:36 PM
This looks pretty good to me. I'm not thrilled with the technician or the pod racers (please tell me these will be in a 2-pack,) but the rest look good, especially Vader.

The podracers are supposed to be a 2 pack. I'm even more please with the wave since the trooper will have a variant. I am a little bummed at the antannae on dud bolt but over all I still like him.

TheDarthVader
06-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Also kind of disappointed the Endor troopers don't have their rifles, I'm glad we're getting decent versions of those blasters but hope they also have their rifles.

I'm a bettin' man, and I say that they will come with rifles. It is good to see that there are two variants for the ERT. I also say that Vader is going to come with more accessories as pictured at the website in the first post. I am going to get two vaders. That figure is just plain sweetness. :D Good job Hasbro!

whiteghost
06-08-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm not so sure that the Luke is just a Jabba's Palace rerelease with painted hand. If I remember right the JP luke had a completely open right hand. If they corrected this then it stands to reason that other details were fixed/changed.

dindae
06-08-2006, 01:45 PM
So if this is the last wave before 2007 and Endor is shipping in July, Its going to be a long cold winter folks. My wallet will appreciate the break but 1 wave in four months is going to seem odd. Maybe they will give us a VTSC wave to hold us over.

Tycho
06-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Perhaps at Comic Con they'll reveal what's happening next?

Will the Saga2's go the way of the DoDo Bird (holograms and all)?

What's up next?

Will more Heroes and Villains ship, sort of like the way Batman and Superman are traditionally handled?

Could the animated Clone Wars figures be moving in to the fall slot?

Is the "NEW" animated Clone Wars (CGI) stuff ready to go sooner than expected (yeah right!) and is Hasbro taking a figure line with it?

Have they been prepping the Expanded Universe to churn out some major waves? (Kir Kanos, preceeding a New Jedi Order and / or Star Wars: Republic line of toys?)

Sure to be answered: What's the next gimmick to be done to update Tatooine Luke and Cantina Han Solo? And the 14th Darth Vader figure for the year will be?

Droid
06-08-2006, 03:15 PM
I may be fooling myself, but I don't think this is it for 2006. I think they'll just roll out a new card and a new theme for the fall.

I think this fall we'll get the Tonnikas, Bom Vimdim, Yavin Rebel Sentry and some of the other stuff that was highly rumored for a while there and then just never turned up.

I imagine there will be about 12 more new basic figures this year, kind of like the last little burst of ROTS figures.

Then again, as others have said, maybe I'll just save my money. I hope not. I think even a four month break without new figures would permanently kill the line.

Slicker
06-08-2006, 03:35 PM
These are shaping up to look quite good. I love the color variation on the Endor trooper and the fact that the black one doesn't look as much like Lando anymore (at least to me).

Banthaholic
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Getting two Endor troops is awesome. Hasbro is listening to us. Now we'll have 5 different Endor Troopers, Prune Face, Han Endor, Luke Endor, just need an updated Leia Endor, and Ewoks (lot's of them)

I'm hoping we some sort of OT movie release tie in and I'm not talking about a heavy repacked OTC sort of thing. Hasbro's been listending somewhat of late so let's hope for the best.

jjreason
06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Interesting questions. I foresee a packaging switch due out around Oct/Nov - in time for the holidays - and a renewed focus on the OT.

But then again, that's likely wishful thinking. :love:

Tycho
06-08-2006, 05:05 PM
They've been focusing on the original trilogy - and the prequel trilogy.

This year we've had a healthy balance of both:

ORIGINAL FLAVOR..........................NEW FRUITY ONE

Han Carb.....................................Scorch
Leia Boussh.................................Utopau Clone
Chewie Chains..............................Poggle Lesser
Boba Fett....................................Sun Fac
Barada........................................C-3PO / Battle Droid
Bib Fortuna..................................Jango Fett

Gen. Veers...................................Yoda (prequel)
Maj. Derlin....................................Anakin Skywalker
Gen. Rieeken.................................Obi-Wan Kenobi
Gonk Droid....................................Holo Ki-Adi Mundi
R2D2 (Hoth)..................................Foul Madoma
AT-AT Driver.................................Commander Cody

Luke Tatooine................................Sora Bulq
Han Cantina...................................Gen. Grievous
Garindan........................................Fi respeeder Pilot
Hem Dazon.....................................Lushros Dofine
R5D4............................................N-1 Ground Crew
Darth Vader...................................Dud Bolt / Mars Guo
Darth Vader (other one)...................Rep Been
Sandtrooper...................................Obi-Wan (TPM)
Momaw Nadon.................................Darth Maul Hologram

Vader Emperor's Wrath.....................Gragga
Luke Endor.....................................
Moff Jerjerrod
Chief Chirpa
Death Star Gunner
C-3PO Ewok Diety
Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)
Endor Rebel Soldier (2 variations)

Most notably lacking are some main characters (as long as they are rehashing):

Old Obi-Wan
Lando Calrissian
Qui-Gon Jinn
JarJar Binks
Padme Amidala
Battle Droid (non-altered)
Count Dooku

But at least several of these (Lando, Padme) could be made as never-made-before options (End of ESB or SOTE, and at least 14 outfits to choose from)

Slicker
06-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I like the fact that we're getting more OT figures. The last 6 years have been mainly PT with the exception of the OTC line and a few sprinkled in here and there. (which is perfectly fine by me)

Most notably lacking are some main characters (as long as they are rehashing):

Old Obi-Wan
Lando Calrissian
Qui-Gon Jinn
JarJar Binks
Padme Amidala
Battle Droid (non-altered)
Count Dooku
I totally agree with them choices Josh. I honestly think we need another Jar Jar. We haven't had one in some time (has it even been years?) and since he's for the kids I'm sure that some of them may want one.

Qui-Gon is also waaaaaay overdue for a new figure as is Lando.

Tycho
06-08-2006, 06:50 PM
With JarJar, I'd do AOTC "Padme's Apartment / Palpatine's office" - different from his Representative Binks figure from the E2 Senate scene. I also think he wore a similar outfit at Padme's funeral in ROTS, but it was such a small scene.

With Qui-Gon, a super-articulate molded plastic Tatooine poncho could work, as could a SA molded plastic hood-up figure in his Jedi Robes, or a softgoods SA one. The infamously requested Darth Maul Stab Wound figure or the funeral pyre figure could be done - but if they do Qui-Gon's funeral pyre figure, they HAVE to do Vader's from ROTJ!

Lando's still long overdue for the "smuggler's gear" dubbed figure (which is basically him wearing Han's clothes (the white shirt (buttoned) and the vest, at the end of ESB - because he litterally abandoned Cloud City with just the shirt on his back. Meanwhile, they could use the sculpt to do the proper Yavin Ceremony Han Solo as well since Hasbro's so concerned with rehashing body parts. But we already have 2 different sculpts of Lando in each of his 3 basic classic SW wardrobe changes! How many more do we need. Of course the POTJ figure (Bespin Lando) would sell in a heartbeat if recarded, and the General Figure could be made with a softgoods cloak.

Old Obi-Wan, Dooku, and a BattleDroid (although the pilot droid - blue - could be finally carded) would pretty much be old news, but nice to have available again.

Padme needs to have at least 3 Evolutions Sets all to her own just to begin to cover her wardrobe changes. That would take care of TPM anyway, without repeating any figures they made before (though I'm sure Theed Hanger and Geonosian Arena Padmes are back on Hasbro's marketing list). But AOTC and ROTS have many rich costume changes we could see done for Padme.

trandoshan666
06-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I honestly think we need another Jar Jar. We haven't had one in some time (has it even been years?) and since he's for the kids I'm sure that some of them may want one.
I agree that we could use a new Jar Jar, but your comment also made me think: I have not seen one kid looking at the Saga 2 figures; it's always other adults. Without a movie, cartoon or show to watch, how many kids really care about SW toys?

Tycho
06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I think JarJar shuttled in a whole new generation of SW fans who were around 4 years old when TPM came out, 7 when AOTC debuted, and 10 when ROTS made it to the theaters.

That was JarJar's purpose for Lucas, ever conscious of marketing. After age 10 or plus just a few years, kids are into their friends, relationships, their first jobs (at 15 or so), then on to getting cars, etc.

Lucas also used the Gungans like the Ewoks, to create levity (albeit poorly) to bookend his saga.

It backfired on us before because he was around our age now (late 20's / early 30's) when he showed stormtroopers boarding the Blockade Runner and killing everyone.

We were around 5 years old for that, then 8 when Vader tortured Han, Chewie, and Leia, then cut off Luke's hand and told him that he was his father. Then we're 11 and starting to grow into young adults, when Lucas suddenly has teddybears invade this hardcore universe. Of course, some of us, especially the older Old Schoolers, were traumatized by this.

Victory (of the Rebellion) can create levity - you don't need juvenile antics necessarily. Now I didn't mind. I loved the Ewoks and wanted to hug them - but I was younger than some of you were.

Still, the kids today (the Prequel Trilogy generation) have definitely outgrown the Gungans. I'm sure they dug AOTC and especially ROTS as much better movies than TPM. In fact, the only way to promote new Junior Gungan Fans is through the DVD performance of TPM - though perhaps the 3-D release of the films will again cover that territory. If I had to guess though, I'd say video-gaming Podracing caught on more from TPM's attributes for the kiddies. We'll see how Dud Bolt and Mars Guo sell really soon.

But I do see kids still interested in Star Wars in the toy isles - just not usually during school hours when I shop to beat the scalpers (store opening at 7 / 8 am).

Like I said, it may come to pass and slow down, but then the TV shows might give rebirth to the interest.

plasticfetish
06-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Still, the kids today (the Prequel Trilogy generation) have definitely outgrown the Gungans.My son has never cared one way or the other about Jar Jar. To him, the character is just filler. He cares about the main heroes, the various Jedi, and he cares about the main bad guys... Maul, Dooku, Palpatine. Those characters and the clones are where the action is, so that's what he really plays with.

Now, does he also look for the ocassional secondary or background character? Sure, and he'd probably dig it if they did a good articulated Jar Jar, but you know what? He'd also probably rather have another Vader figure. (He's gonna freak out when he sees this new one in stores.)

I think you're right about kids still being interested in Star Wars, I see them looking at and buying the toys all the time. Between the three films and the cartoons, there's a big audience out there, but it's for sure shared with dozens of other things. I mean... right now my son and two of his little friends are outside playing some kind of weird mix between pirates, Star Wars and Batman. Anything goes. (which is a good thing.)

Blue2th
06-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Interesting thing to note is that all the lightsabers don't have spark effects. Granted the TPM era sabers wouldn't and maybe not Wrath Vader, but Jedi Luke would surely have one... Maybe they're phasing them out?
GOOD!!!, I never did like the newer sabers with the jagged part next to the hilt, but rather a clean ignited Lightsaber, if thats what you mean. As for this wave, I will buy two of each. One loose, one carded. Collecting is a sickness, and I don't want to be cured.

Jargo
06-08-2006, 08:49 PM
right now my son and two of his little friends are outside playing some kind of weird mix between pirates, Star Wars and Batman. Anything goes. (which is a good thing.)
That is such an excellent image. I want to be a kid again now.:razz:

vadersvette
06-09-2006, 02:01 AM
These are shaping up to look quite good. I love the color variation on the Endor trooper and the fact that the black one doesn't look as much like Lando anymore (at least to me).

Yeah, to me he kinda looks like Kinchloe from Hogan's Heroes:D

I think because the Green Luke Saber is made from the same mould as the POTF2 Obi-Wan saber (Flashback photo figure). This was also used for the Jabba and Holo Lukes.

Kidhuman
06-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Dont know if it has been posted, but here are some better shots from Hasbro's website

http://hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=B004993D-D56F-E112-43B20BE5AA0320F6

Looks like the Endor trooper has a black and white variant.

Adam
06-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Obi-Wan makes me :cry:

JediTricks
06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I think because the Green Luke Saber is made from the same mould as the POTF2 Obi-Wan saber (Flashback photo figure). This was also used for the Jabba and Holo Lukes.Right reason why it's not flared, but wrong figure. All these Lukes have the recolored version of POTJ Obi-Wan's saber, which has a superior hilt sculpt but the blade is too long.

Looks like the Endor trooper has a black and white variant.The white guy also has a hose leading from his belt to his helmet that the black guy does not, and the white guy's pants are tan rather than camo.

Totally agree with you Adam, that TPM Obi-Wan is a miserable slap-together job from the 2 regular Obi-Wan's in the Ep 1 line (Jedi Duel and Jedi Knight).

El Chuxter
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
The white guy also has a hose leading from his belt to his helmet that the black guy does not, and the white guy's pants are tan rather than camo.

Good catch! I was too busy checking out the heads to notice! I'll have to get both, and they will go nicely with my four others (POTF2 Joe Greenshirt, Saga "Tom Green." Saga Redhead, and a simple custom Saga Asian I made by switching the head with the Bespin Guard and removing the outer poncho).

figrin bran
06-10-2006, 02:58 AM
I mean... right now my son and two of his little friends are outside playing some kind of weird mix between pirates, Star Wars and Batman. Anything goes. (which is a good thing.)

awesome! when i was a kid, i played a mixture of SW, G.I. Joe, Transformers (no wonder i'm still so loyal to hasbro!), and whatever random toys i had whether they were hot wheels, bootleg robotech fighters. and admiral ackbar was a higher ranking officer in my scheme of things than optimus prime. :D

Battle Droid
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
CARDED PICS!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=142

Tycho
07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
It looks like Gragga and the PodRacer 2-pack weren't included with the pictures Steve got.

The Naboo Soldier looks cool.

Vader bugs me - I think it's the way they did the Emperor's lightning - it makes him look like he's wearing X-mas foil around his head or something.

Obi-Wan? Well the TPM head sculpt never looked like Ewan McGreggor to me. So am I impressed they're reusing it?

Holo-Maul? It's OK. I bought the lightup one that wasn't poseable that they sold a while ago for use in my diorama. He only needs to stand there anyway. So this isn't something I wanted.

My main purchases will be from the other 2, though I may buy a few of the Naboo soldiers.

Banthaholic
07-07-2006, 02:10 PM
I like the packaged look of the Naboo Soldier.

Droid
07-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll buy Gragga, the podracers, Luke, Rep Been, and the Endor soldiers. I'll pass on Vader, the Naboo soldier, Obi-wan, and Maul.

dindae
07-07-2006, 02:55 PM
The naboo soldier looks really off to me. It kinda looks like David Byrne in the Burning Down the House Video.

Tycho
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I forgot about Luke Endor. When I looked, Steve didn't have a carded picture of him up at the time (don't know if he does now - I'm in the forums obviously) however I really want a good Luke Endor.

UKWildcat
07-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I really like Vader's pose and cardback but, like Tycho mentioned, the way the lightning was done really bothers me. I'm really looking forward to the Podracers and Gragga.

Slicker
07-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Here's a craptastic picture of the Death Star Gunner with removable helmet. (http://www.galactichunter.com/image_bank/saga/dsgfull.jpg):rolleyes:

I think Hasbro found something new to do other than an action feature.:rolleyes:

This is totally lame.

Kidhuman
07-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Looks good, even the DS Trooper.

plasticfetish
07-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I think Hasbro found something new to do other than an action feature.:rolleyes: This is totally lame.Aside from the fact they've painted the eyed all weird like the often do, why is that a lame figure? I think the removable helmet is F'ing great! I've been waiting for another go at this figure for... well... since they put out the old muscleman POTF2 version that I didn't buy.

Tycho
07-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Here's a craptastic picture of the Death Star Gunner with removable helmet. (http://www.galactichunter.com/image_bank/saga/dsgfull.jpg):rolleyes:

I think Hasbro found something new to do other than an action feature.:rolleyes:

This is totally lame.

Haha. I think it's cool - remember the Bikerscout with the Endor AT-AT has a flip-up face mask so you can see his face as well.

The DS Gunner is funny though because he has Jango Fett's nose and Soontir Fel's hair (the hair you can see anyway).

Now they really need to make Soontir Fel as a TIE Pilot with removeable helmet (and red Corellian blood striping down the legs and sleeves of the uniform).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I don't like that they're still using TPM-era accessories, like the enormous Naboo Soldier's gun and Obi-Wan's cartoony, outdated lightsaber (especially since they re-did it better for AOTC). As I said before, I wish they'd used the Trophy Assortment Maul instead of the Tatooine one, as it's closer to the pose in the film. And I still don't recognize the Naboo Soldier from the film at all.

I like the DS Gunner's clone face, it's a cool PT-OT connection.

Slicker
07-08-2006, 07:36 PM
My thinking is that ROTJ is almost 40 years after AOTC so why are they using an obsolete clone? Besides that where are they still getting this clone DNA? Also wouldn't they have used many different hosts as the clones or even conscripts by now? I think it's just stupid to use the Jango head with OT figures.

Tycho
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't think that's Jango's head. I could be mistaken. The character just has a similar nose to Temora Morrison, that's all.

By ROTJ, stormtroopers were made up of:

-Clones of different donors (why I think Han Solo was a Clone of Denn Solo's son)
- Forced or volunteer recruits from subject worlds of the Empire
- Possible left-over Clones of Jango - but it's sort of unlikely, 25 years after Jango died

Slicker: ROTJ is not 40 years after AOTC, else Luke would be 38 in ROTJ -except he was 23.

ANH: Luke is 19
ESB: Luke is 22
ROTJ: Luke is 23

Moreover:

TPM = -32 ANH
ATOC = - 22 ANH
ROTS = - 19 ANH
ANH = ANH
ESB = + 3 ANH
ROTJ = + 4 ANH

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
My thinking is that ROTJ is almost 40 years after AOTC so why are they using an obsolete clone? Besides that where are they still getting this clone DNA? Also wouldn't they have used many different hosts as the clones or even conscripts by now? I think it's just stupid to use the Jango head with OT figures.
Well, this clone could possibly be 25 or so (as he could be twice that and he appears to be around Jango's age), which means this clone would've started growing around the time of ROTS or a little later, with either a clone's DNA or old Jango DNA that was still lying around. So it's not that implausible.

And if you don't like it then just put his helmet back on. :p

Jargo
07-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I never imagined that the DS gunner dude would be earing a snood under that helmet. It's fine, i suppose but i just hadn't ever thought about it in any way other than practical costuming ways. I'm still more bothered by bee sting faced naboo militia dude. what is up with him. he's so bulky and fat headed! The reference pic dude is no oil painting but the figure looks like a body that's been in water for a couple of days.

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
This is getting stupid. There's never been any indication that everyone in the Imperial Navy is a clone. And what's with the ridiculous red eyes Hasbro loves to give some clones?

Nice figure, aside from the moronic removable helmet.

Slicker
07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I
- Possible left-over Clones of Jango - but it's sort of unlikely, 25 years after Jango diedThat's my thinking on why this is stupid. Why would you want clones that are 50 years old (remember, the clones age twice as fast) when you have an entire galaxy full of possible recruits to use? Besides the clones were basically used so that the army could be kept under wraps from most everyone while it was being built up so they couldn't really just put up flyers for an army and keep it hidden.

I've got some other thoughts on this so I may just start another thread instead of throwing this one off topic.

jedi master sal
07-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Why would you want clones that are 50 years old (remember, the clones age twice as fast) when you have an entire galaxy full of possible recruits to use?

Okay let's settle this once and for all. Clones age twice as fast only while at the cloning facility. It's been rumored that the clones slept in chambers similar to the birthing ones we saw in AOTC. These sleep chambers accelrated their growth to the point of adult maturity. Once they left Kamino, they were not exposed to the accelrated growth methods, thus aged normally. So Clones at the time of ROTJ would be roughly 46.

Recall they were started at the time of TPM, referenced in AOTC. By the time of AOTC the older ones would be 20 in growth but only 10 years alive. Many of those left Kamino, but some were kept back (as in Cody, Gree, Bacara). Those clones continued to age at twice the rate and were technically older in maturity than their brothers. This is why Cody looks like Temura Morrison and not Bodie Taylor. At the time of those clones held back would have continued to age and would appear to be at least 28.Also during ROTS Luke and Leia are born and we know that the events of SW:ANH happened 18 years later. So hence the leftover Jango clones would be 46 roughly in appearance though only 32 years alive.

This all being that if the rumor of the sleeping chambers is true...otherwise just forget everything I just said...

-Sal

Slicker
07-09-2006, 01:28 AM
This all being that if the rumor of the sleeping chambers is true...otherwise just forget everything I just said...

-SalTo be honest I never heard about the "sleeping chambers" in the movies so therefore they age twice as fast through there entier life.

Sorry Sal but EU doesn't count with me.

figrin bran
07-09-2006, 02:12 AM
in the past, i've usually argued that removable helmets are gratuitous. after all, it's the helmet that makes the clone troopers look cool.

however, seeing as how hasbro sculpted the head of the vtsc biker scouts way too small - just look at it for a second or two and then look at the helmets for votc stormie, saga at-at driver. remember that there's supposed to be a head underneath that helmet and yet if there was one, it would be smaller than even the one they made for cody. so even though usually i don't like removable helmets, the one thing it does for the DS Gunner is make the head in the right proportions to the rest of the body.

however, you can bet that i'm never going to remove the helmet from this figure.

El Chuxter
07-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Sal, that's EU, so I'm going to counter with the bazillion references I have from the EU about them growing twice as fast, period. Most notably in the Republic Commando books, which are told mostly from the point of view of clones.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-30-2006, 10:25 PM

ACTULLY, BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL 2/3 JANGO CLONES IN THE ARMY IN ROTS AND ITS ONLY 23 YEARS FROM ROTS IST POSSIBLE THAT SOME JANGO CLONES ARE STILL ALIVE, U KNOW, LIKE THE 501ST. THEY WERE AT HOTH SO THEY WERE PROBABLY AT ENDOR DEFENDING THE DS2 A YEAR LATER.

Continued.

If You Remebr Form Playing Bf2 At The End Of The Hoth Mission You See This Sweet @$$ Video About How The 501st Tamed The Galaxy And They Said The Death Star Was Being Buuilt Bigger, And Batter, Plus The Finest Troops On Endor? They Had To Be The 501st. So It Would Make Sense Thatsome Of The Death Star Gunners Are From The 501st Because The 501st Are Supposed To Be The Best Shots In The Imp Army. And I Think Sal Might Be Right.

Darth Cruel
07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I am just going to throw this in as a "devil's advocate" comment. To begin with...it simply does not matter to me who is "supposed" to be in the armor. I just don't care. But if I had to care, I would choose recruits over clones just because the Stormtroopers were full on idiot when compared to the ability of the clones.

That having been said. Why are some people assuming that the growing of clones stopped after ROTS? We saw in AOTC that there were still infant clones in the tanks on Kamino while there were fully grown ones eating and training. They have to be accounted for.

And as for "where would they get DNA 25 years after Jango died?" It only takes 1 strand of DNA to make a clone. Do you know how many DNA strands are in a single drop of blood? Enough to feed clones to the Emperor at the rate showed in E2 and E3 for a thousand years or so. And how much blood do you suppose they took from Jango? A drop? A CC in a syringe? Or maybe multiple pints. I would gamble on multiple pints.

Edit - I also don't have a problem imagining that the buffoonery of the Stormtroopers could be credited to the cloning of clones. It is believed that you can clone the primary uncounted times without problem. But once you start making clones from clones...they become more and more defective (for lack of a better word) with each new generation. So the decline in ability could be credited to that as well. And it would not be too far of a reach to imagine that the Kminoans would have been smart enough not to do that. But when the Empire took control...their representatives may have forced the Kaminoans to use the practise.

Third generation clones or recruiting dumb@$$#$. You be the judge.

JediTricks
07-31-2006, 03:13 PM
In AOTC, Taun We or Lama Su mentions that they keep Jango around in case they need more genetic samples. The script goes a little further with that explanation:

LAMA SU: After a few hundred thousand clones, the genetic pattern starts to fade, so we take a fresh supply.

Tycho
07-31-2006, 03:27 PM
JT: that's not in the movie. Perhaps it was in the Robert Salvatore novel. I don't remember. But it's not even rephrased for the movie.

LTBasker
07-31-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't think Hasbro putting Jango heads on their OT troopers should really have any foothold in the clone controversey because of the simple logic to their actions. You don't really associate OT troopers with the concept of taking their helmet off because we never saw them with them off, that fascination is with the Clonetroopers.

So Hasbro figuring that we would just leave the helmet on anyway, they decided to reuse the best head they have for removeable helmets- the Jango head. It's already the perfect size and whatnot for removeable helmets, so it's up to the fans to deal with whats underneith.

The only troopers they're giving the Jango heads are helmeted troopers because that's the only ones they can get away with it on.

http://multimedia.theforce.net/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Classic_Trilogy/Characters/Imperial/Imperial_Gunners&image=gunner3.jpg&img=&tt=

Here we see that not all Death Star Gunners are Jango clones, this one is clearly white. As well, if DS Gunners are clones then why not TIE Pilots? Or AT-AT Drivers? Well if AT-AT Drivers are Clones, then surely AT-ST drivers should be clones as in since that's a "trooper." As well, the DS Troopers are definitely not clones.

I think we can come to the conclusion that Hasbro is just doing the Jango clone heads because they're a convenience, not a statement.

Tycho
07-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Hey, that one dude looks like he's wearing a DS GUNNER's helmet (next to the DS Trooper with a blast shield down). I never noticed that as this frame goes by so fast in the movie.

Hey, do you think OSHA knows about their working conditions?

Tarkin: "I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved OSHA permanently!"