PDA

View Full Version : June Hauls

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Why not, eh? Besides the "just found" section, sometimes you just wanna talk about what toys & collectibles & such you've picked up most recently. All the other sites are doing it, so why not us too? We're as good as them!

I'll start...

Star Wars Battlefront PS2 - while Target finally has BF2 on sale for $38, I didn't have enough scratch so I caved and bought the original for $20. I haven't even played it yet, just read through the instructions before bed.

Transformers Universe Overbite & Repugnus - final clearance price of $4.24, so I couldn't resist. It's a weird 2pack, no real rhyme or reason for this pairing. Repugnus' colors are electric clear red with opaque odd yellow, I never really cared for this mold, and Hasbro morons assembled the mandibles upside-down which looks totally stupid and the head is glued shut so no fixing this. I like the red of beast mode, but the robot mode depends more on the yellow and it doesn't do it for me. Strangely, he's sporting an Autobot logo even though the packaging says he's a Decepticon. It's not an awful figure, but I don't really care for it, and it shows me that my affection for some of the Beast Wars concepts is really fading, not enough robot. Luckily Overbite is well worth the pricetag, he's a crazy shark-sub-robot-thing in beast mode and a wildly nasty robot in bot mode. This is a Japanese remold of an American figure, so I do and don't already have him if you see what I mean, but mainly he's new to me even if I am blatantly familiar with the transformation. Overbite sports a Decepticon logo right by his head and on his chest in bot mode. His colors are a little simple, but hils sculpt does have plenty of tech with his "head", all 3 fins, and thruster tail. There's no obvious source material to point to, but it works. Transformation is decent, and bot mode is evil and cool and heavily-armed. I'd say more but I actually have to go unexpectedly.

James Boba Fettfield
06-02-2006, 06:01 PM
Bachelor's degree from Ohio State (jjreason and I are enemies forever now). I'd tell you the price, but I don't like being reminded how much I am in debt.

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 12:54 AM
I hear Target has those on clearance too. :p

2-1B
06-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Congrats Jaymz ! Well done, sir. :)

El Chuxter
06-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Target had Slicker's mom on clearance today. I didn't pick it up, though.

James Boba Fettfield
06-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Target had them on clearance (degrees I mean, sure as hell don't mean Slick's mom)? I've made a huge mistake.

And thanks Caesar. If you ever want to critically discuss Poe's literature, then I am the man to see.

Kidhuman
06-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Tat. wave, wave 7 titaniums, herpes.

2-1B
06-03-2006, 12:50 PM
And thanks Caesar. If you ever want to critically discuss Poe's literature, then I am the man to see.

I should hope that if such a discussion ever does occur, you'll be more alert than you look in yer avatar ? lol

Did the guy in your avatar hook you up with all 3 of those items ? :grin:

UKWildcat
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM

Did the guy in your avatar hook you up with all 3 of those items ? :grin:

Probably just the latter.

I picked up 7 of the Tat. figs and 3 dvds out of the bin at WM last week.

Hey KH, I also picked up a couple of 6ers of Woodchuck. :thumbsup:

LTBasker
06-03-2006, 09:25 PM
The last parts for my new computer:
Tower: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811196019
Fan to replace stock rear fan: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811998123
Storage HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144203
Primary HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144233
DVD Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152058

to go with the rest of my parts:
2gig RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145486
DVD player (for copying CD/DVDs): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827101131
Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131571
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103537
Vid card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145098
power supply (mine's black chrome though): http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=874746&CatId=0
card reader/floppy drive: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1187054&CatId=962

My uberrig. :D

Today I found R5-D4 and Momaw Nadon.

Oh, and I also got a new phone earlier in the week. A Nokia 6102i: http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/nokia/6102i.html

figrin bran
06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
hunt for grievous pack

tomy gentle giant stormtrooper and luke x-wing pilot helmet

Rocketboy
06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Han Unleashed
Snowtrooper UGH
T3 DVD

El Chuxter
06-03-2006, 10:53 PM
So I take it the degree was in English?

Congratulations! About ten years from now, you can be just like me! :crazed:

(Or you could jump off a pier now. :))

James Boba Fettfield
06-03-2006, 11:26 PM
So what you're saying is you want me to be your padawan?

JetsAndHeels
06-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Yesterday's haul:

30 inch superman returns figure
"Strange Visitor" Superman Returns junior novel
2 superman returns gift cards

Today's haul:

Fireball supes figure
Sonic wave supes figure
Kryptonite missle firing Lex Luthor Figure
Superman Returns the movie junior novel
2 more gift cards

2-1B
06-03-2006, 11:50 PM
T3 DVD

widescreen or rackfullscreen ?

:D

Rocketboy
06-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Is there any other choice but widescreen?

James Boba Fettfield
06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
There is when the matte covers up some certain assets of a certain actress.

Rocketboy
06-04-2006, 12:14 AM
I'll put it another way: Not counting tv shows, I don't have any fullscreen DVDs. :D

2-1B
06-04-2006, 12:17 AM
What James said. :D

Well, my haul for the month is that Jenna Fischer from The Office just sent back my pic I took with her at Fangoria 3 months ago, signed and inscribed. Meeting her at the show and getting a few things autographed was great, but I made an 8x10 of the pic I took with her and sent that to her agency (oddly enough, it's the wife of Bob Odenkirk who runs it) and I just got it back signed to me. She's awesome and I think she should be huge in the years to come. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Target had them on clearance (degrees I mean, sure as hell don't mean Slick's mom)? I've made a huge mistake.

Psh, and i take it you both could come to me for a good ole' fashion discussion on Poe?! After all, James, let's not forget who got their Bachelor's degree last year and is currently in limbo until Grad School in the Fall.

You, like your brother, are MINE! :lipsrsealed:

James Boba Fettfield
06-04-2006, 02:07 AM
I'll take up a discussion on Poe with you. :D

I love his entire body of work (not like those folks who've only read his most popular poems and tales and then believe they have an understanding of the man's work). It also makes the Lovecraft reading even more enjoyable after going through Poe -- see Poe's The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym.

But seriously, are you a fan of Poe? I ask because I don't think we've ever discussed literature. I had only read his bigger works in high school and last year I got more in-depth into his works and have fallen in love with his writing. He easily replaced Melville and Thoreau at the top of my literary loves. Note my passions of literature lie in sci-fi, horror, and American authors, so you can see why I find such interest in Poe and take up any opportunity to discuss him. I'll be quiet now.

2-1B
06-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Ahhhhhh that reminds me Jaymz, I've been meaning to talk to you about something, it's this theory I have that Poe fans are like Star Wars Prequel fans...but I don't want to get this thread further off track. :)

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Probably just the latter.

I picked up 7 of the Tat. figs and 3 dvds out of the bin at WM last week.

Hey KH, I also picked up a couple of 6ers of Woodchuck. :thumbsup:

Which Tat wave you missing?

Woodchuck is good stuff. Eveyone should drink it.

UKWildcat
06-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, my haul for the month is that Jenna Fischer from The Office just sent back my pic I took with her at Fangoria 3 months ago, signed and inscribed.

That's friggin' sweet Caesar. Of course I don't have to tell you that.

Which Tat wave you missing?

Missing the Sandtrooper. :(

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Fireball supes figure
Sonic wave supes figure
Kryptonite missle firing Lex Luthor FigureWow, didn't realize the Fireball wave was out already. How are those 3?

Extending my comments from my previous haul post...

SW BF1 - It's fun, but I'm not good at it so far, I am crappy at aiming and multiple-weapons use and flight vehicles, and even on EASY I die about 6 times per level at least. So far I've only done Instant Action, no campaigns yet.

Overbite's bot mode: This is a real winner of a robot, the left arm being replaced by the huge tail-engine-gun looks sweet, and the new beast-head looks decent as a chest or the middle as an axe. I'm glad they left the missile storage there too. The red interior of the shell halves is pretty mean-looking, and the head's coloring brings out all the details.

LTBasker
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I saw the fireball wave a few days ago, the fireball with Supes looks REALLY good but Supes IMO is ruined by the use of orange paint on his chest from what I could see.

The campaigns on Battlefront are pretty disappointing, it's basically just playing instant action but sometimes you see some main characters running around and you play all the maps. It is interesting though to watch Vader run around Mos Eisley slashing rebels.

The vehicles get really fun after awhile, but it'd be nice if they had some space battles and such. Oh well. Decent game still.

JetsAndHeels
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Wow, didn't realize the Fireball wave was out already. How are those 3?

The fireball wave is really cool...I forgot to get up up & away supes so ill go back & get it tomorrow!!

bobafrett
06-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Got my scorch figure off of Lay-Away as well as 12 other SW figures. I'm hoping that the next box I get out of lay away has my second Cody figure, so I can open the bad boy up. I'm sure I picked up a second Cody, thought I had him here.

figrin bran
06-04-2006, 10:45 PM
i won a G.I. Joe SHARC on ebay!

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Basker, since I posted some comments in the Battlefront 1 thread, I'll respond to your comments there: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=24856

The fireball wave is really cool...I forgot to get up up & away supes so ill go back & get it tomorrow!!Of all the figures to forget!!!

i won a G.I. Joe SHARC on ebay!That's awesome, the SHARC is one of my all time favorite Joe vehicles. Which colorscheme did you get? It came in white originally, then they did chrome silver (Sky Patrol Sky Sharc), TRU black & orange (Night Force "Night Shade"), and TRU gray & black (Cobra Wave Crusher), I have the white, silver, and Cobra one. If you got the white one, did you get Deep Six with diving bellows too? 2 POA (3 if you pry his dome off) but I love that figure's design and how it works with the sub.

seanmcfripp
06-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Ahhhhhh that reminds me Jaymz, I've been meaning to talk to you about something, it's this theory I have that Poe fans are like Star Wars Prequel fans...but I don't want to get this thread further off track. :)

GD it Ceasar!

Hey, I heard Jenna's a Rush fan. :lipsrsealed:

UKWildcat
06-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Picked up Enemy of the State, Con Air and Crimson Tide Unrated Extended Editions at Target today for $10 a piece (on sale).

Slicker
06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
All great movies too.:thumbsup:

I just hauled in a copy of Windows XP from Newegg...finally. They sent me a bum copy of it about a month ago and it took about 2 weeks for me to get a new copy. I don't need it now as a friend burned me a copy of XP Professional and cracked permanently borrowed me a key.

JetsAndHeels
06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Last night at Target I picked up a Superman plug and play game and some packs of topps drafts and prospects football cards

today i bought a second fireball supes to have in a display

figrin bran
06-08-2006, 11:42 PM
JT, i got the white SHARC with Deep Six and the diving bellows too. it's one of my favorite Joe vehicles too and yet i never had one until now. i think the thing is that as a kid, i usually picked TF's over GI Joe toys whenever i had a chance to buy any.

more recently, i got a loose vintage boba fett and a Cosmos (TF)

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 11:47 PM
They just put out Pirates of the Carribean Zizzle 4" figures at TRU, and they were selling like hotcakes ($5 is a good price for these), I picked up 3 of the regular pirate guys, put back Prison Escape Jack. The line overall makes me very happy, if I were a kid I'd go nuts for these, awesome pirates at a good price. I got:

POTC Will Turner - ok likeness, good outfit, arms are a little long. Nice swords and scabbard, paint is nifty, I like the elbow articulation a lot. Figure looks good holding both swords.

POTC Pintel - ok likeness but iffy paint (hair wrong color, eyes looking to the side), cool sword and removable bandolier, double-flintlock is nice but seems too fat, figure looks good holding his accessories.

POTC Capt Jack Sparrow - the weakest of the bunch, paint is not covering entire beard, other little issues like that, but still a decent figure. Lame that his scabbard doesn't work, the others do; at least it's removable. His hat is great and fits well. His flintlock is too damn tiny. His left hand doesn't hold anything.

Also, felt like getting some DC figures, so I got:

Mattel JLU The Flash - I have the first JL version but his articulation sucks, this one has a new body with twice the articualtion and can do a decent running pose. His accessory is kinda "Huh?" but I don't care. I like this figure, the body is a little wider but he's still not overbuilt like Supes is.

Mattel JLU Batman - again I have the original JL version and its articulation sucks. This one has the same articulation as the Flash, but doesn't use it anywhere near as well, the elbows are good while the rest doesn't look so good in use with the sculpt. Also, I don't like the cape design as much as the previous JL Bats, it's just not to my liking. And the accessory doesn't exactly make sense, it's metallic bat wings that fit over his cowl and cape, they're not wide enough for believable flight, no engines or tech, no real offensive possibilities, and all it really protects is his cape.

Mattel The Batman:EXP Ultimate Defender Batman - the EXP line has been pretty much a washout since its inception, the packaging is awful, the accessories and gimmicks are lame, the colors are incredibly poor choices generally, and the price sucks bad. UD Bats here is indeed still overpriced, and his packaging and accessory are both lame, but the figure at least is something good, it's the newer regular Batman body but the gray is much, much darker than previous versions, almost black, and it looks tremendous. The accessory is a stupid reuse though, from EXP Criminal Capture Batman, it's a string that you place over a figure then tighten, and when you insert and twist the power core dealy a huge clear taretging panel flips out sideways, and the string's connection pops forward an inch for no apparent reason - UD Bats can't even hold it right because it's for a different figure.

Kidhuman
06-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Grabbed an Anakin Starfighter facing upwards anda Luke speeder titanium today.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Went to WM in the next town over and scored the up up & away supes plus the crystal breaking superman.

LTBasker
06-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Got:

DC Superheroes Doomsday x1
Marvel Legends Kitty Pryde x1
Marvel Legends Captain Britain x1
Marvel Legends Thor x1
Marvel Legends Warbird x1
Marvel Legends Captain America Unmasked w/ Baron whoever x1

Sadly the only other figures they had from the Giant-Man wave were a bright yellow (instead of the more mustard yellow) Sentry, 4 Ant-Mans and 4 Sabretooths.

Also saw 4 Kingpin vs. DareDevil Face-Off packs but only the unmasked kind, are the masked ones harder to find?

Update: Went to a second Wal-Mart hoping to find a second Doomsday, got to looking through the SR figs and found the last two Clark-to-Supermans. Decided to get them.

figrin bran
06-10-2006, 06:02 PM
H&V Bacara
Bith and Snaggletooth Bust ups
2 Champions of the Force boosters
POTC2 Jack Sparrow Mega Blocks set
a few packs of Topps Draft Picks and Prospects (J&H, need a D'Brick RC?)

JetsAndHeels
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
a few packs of Topps Draft Picks and Prospects (J&H, need a D'Brick RC?)

Yes, I want a dbrick rookie!!
What you need in trade?

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I finally found the rest of the poorly-made Wal-Mart exclusive Marvel Legends wave this morning, so I can now build a Giant Man who I hope is better than the individual figures.

Here's the problem with what appears to be the case assortment:

1X Sentry (clean-shaven)
1X Sentry (bearded)
1X Weapon X (normal)
1X Weapon X (variant)
1X Thor
1X Captain Britain
1X Havok
1X Warbird
1X Kitty Pryde
1X Ant Man
2X Sabretooth

Slicker
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Just got my OTC Chewie in the mail. It was a $7 eBay buy and puts me one step closer to finishing the damn OTC line.

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Here's the problem with what appears to be the case assortment:

1X Sentry (clean-shaven)
1X Sentry (bearded)
1X Weapon X (normal)
1X Weapon X (variant)
1X Thor
1X Captain Britain
1X Havok
1X Warbird
1X Kitty Pryde
1X Ant Man
2X SabretoothWith the massive amounts of Sabertooths warming the pegs 'round here, I assumed it was:
1X Randoom Figure
11X Sabretooth

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, no kidding. This morning, there were twelve figures, broken down as I posted above. Which is pretty bloody ridiculous for a few reasons:

1) Almost everyone buying these will be a completist, or at least want to build Giant Man. With the screw-up that resulted in the Sentry variant having the same part as the regular Sentry, this means everyone who wants a completed Giant Man will buy both Weapon X's from each case, whichever Sentry s/he likes best (or both, if it's a fan of the character or a true completist), and one of everyone else. Which will leave one Sabretooth and, in some stores, one Sentry sitting on the shelf after the collector is gone.

2) One case = one collector satisfied. With this assortment going only to one chain, there's going to be a lot more than one collector looking to build Giant Man at each store.

3) Okay, overlooking the other problems, why an extra Sabretooth? They're leaving a figure on pegs who will not sell, since no one aside from comic readers who remember the AOA crossover, will recognize this version. And, guess what: those folks are probably building Giant Man! Add to that the fact that Sabretooth is probably the single weakest ML figure yet, and the entire WM wave seems to suffer from pretty mediocre production, and we have a figure who's almost guaranteed to pegwarm!

Since they divided Giant Man and the case in such a way that necessitates one extra figure, a far smarter choice would've been an extra Kitty, a variant Kitty (the woman's had more costumes than Padme), a variant Captain Britain in a different costume, hell, even a variant Thor with Thunderstrike's head and mallet.

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Since they divided Giant Man and the case in such a way that necessitates one extra figure, a far smarter choice would've been an extra Kitty, a variant Kitty (the woman's had more costumes than Padme), a variant Captain Britain in a different costume, hell, even a variant Thor with Thunderstrike's head and mallet.But there's one problem with that idea: it makes sense.

figrin bran
06-13-2006, 03:04 AM
my vtsc case finally arrived from new force comics. i also got a loose vintage boba fett in the mail as well.

bobafrett
06-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I got a Flaming Grevious, or "The Demise of Grevious" figure from UKwildcat yesterday in the mail. Thank you!

UKWildcat
06-13-2006, 12:03 PM
My pleasure.

DarthQuack
06-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Ordered Cheers Seasons 4-8 from DDD.

Slicker
06-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Got one of my gold minis from the MR trivia. Now I'm just waitin' on the other.:pleased:

Kidhuman
06-15-2006, 10:20 AM
SW Trivial Pusuit Saga/DVD version game on clearance for 18 bucks.

Rocketboy
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Got one of my gold minis from the MR trivia. Now I'm just waitin' on the other.:pleased:Wow, you actually recieved it this time.

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 03:05 AM
I haven't opened these yet, they're still in a bag on my doorknob actually, so I'll do quicky reviews tomorrow instead.

TSC Heroes & Villains Clone Pilot (Black) - thanks to Figrin Bran for stashing this at TRU for me, and a mighty job it was as it was untouched for 5 days. Figgy B has a gnashin' for stashin'. :p

TSC Luke Floppy Hat Poncho - I dunno what you call this guy. Headsculpt is less losery than the original one on this figure, but more generic. Accessories look very nice.

Superman Returns Lex Luthor Missile Launching - headsculpt looks good, recognizable, still a bit Mattel-toylike but they've done worse. Crystal shard looks awesome, but so tiny.

figrin bran
06-16-2006, 03:21 AM
awww, yer welcome JT! this stash spot was better than the one for the BSG titaniums but there's still better ones that i'll use next time.

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Stahses are fun, especially when they are clones and no one claims them and you go back and get em for your self.

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I received my first order in the mail yesterday from DDD, all 12 lbs. of it.

figrin bran
06-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Stahses are fun, especially when they are clones and no one claims them and you go back and get em for your self.

ha, well clones are no good to me MOC and i have enough #41 clones that i don't want to pay $6.99 for another one.

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 12:59 PM
They fill that need for a fix when nothing else is around

Gayjedi
06-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey JT, did you get your package today from me? For those of you kids that don't know, I sent him Garindan, R5-D4, and Hem Dazon along with a DVDR of the first season of G1 Transformers!

Also, will you readers please tell him to listen to the Madonna CD I made him? I sent it to him months ago and he has yet to listen to it.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
No, because we do not support piracy here. :D

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 09:44 PM
So, comments about the figs I picked up:

Superman Returns Lex Luthor Missile Launching comments: 476416
(short version: good figure, great accessories)

TSC H&V black Clone Pilot - this is a nice figure, the deco looks much better than the white one from the movie, especially the helmet, visor (now subtle red instead of sloppy awful orange), and face. Although the black Pilot wasn't in the movie, I think of him as the Chancellor's personal pilot. The elbows are still a bit pop-outy, and the accessories are still doofy, and he still doesn't get a stand. The left arm still drifts a little far from the body, and its elbow doesn't look good straightened, but the right arm is good in both respects. Probably not for everybody, but I dig him.

TSC Luke Floppy Hat - Same body as the '99 Commtech Luke (T-16 Luke, designed so he could kneel down), which means he has awful useless rotating elbows, unattractive knee hinges, and he's very duck-footed, but the body sculpt is fairly decent and a good scale overall; it also means Luke's electrobinculars accessory can't clip onto his waist since its hole works with Flashback Luke's waist instead. The new head is ok, kinda generic from the front but I see what they were getting at from the sides, unfortunately Hasbro painted his lips and since they're cheap they used the only paint at hand - the brown from his hair. The eyes are very open without being huge, but also not blue. The plastic floppy hat fits very well; the cloth poncho fits ok and is removable thanks to it being sewn together just below the figure's arms. The figure has electrobinoculars, they're metallic dark gray and the front lenses are painted black, the figure can hold them but not up to his face which is a real shame. Luke also gets his father's lightsaber... hilt, no blade and no way to attach a blade. The star of this set is Obi-Wan's footlocker, it has great detailing on the outside, hinges open nicely to reveal his gear sculpted inside including the training remote, jedi starfighter headset, rumpled cloak, aquabreather, Jedi logo, his lightsaber, and a void which holds the lightsaber in the set, the faux accessories are all painted, not perfectly but pretty well for something like this. An ok figure that's a rehashed body, but with great accessories.

Hey JT, did you get your package today from me? For those of you kids that don't know, I sent him Garindan, R5-D4, and Hem Dazon along with a DVDR of the first season of G1 Transformers!No, I didn't yet, hopefully tomorrow. Thanks again for getting these for me (hopefully they show up, unlike when SirSteve sent me the hard-to-find last 3 POTJ figures and they disappeared). Did you priority mail from the Post Office or a private place? The private places often take an extra day.
Also, will you readers please tell him to listen to the Madonna CD I made him? I sent it to him months ago and he has yet to listen to it.Nag nag nag! I haven't listened to my own music in probably 6 months, I'm out of a music mood, and Madge's new album ain't gonna be the first one I listen to once I get back into music again. ;)

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Does this mean you know absolutely no Madonna music?

JediTricks
06-16-2006, 10:23 PM
No, I am familiar with her bigger work, less so from her recent work (I don't like dance music, and hers seems to be among the least of its ilk too).

bobafrett
06-17-2006, 12:20 AM
I found the Tattoine wave today, that's 10 new figures on lay away, plus I freed some of my other items like the 10 figures I put on that you can get you the G.L. in stormy armor figure. (sorry long day, don't know the series this is in) a few micro machines, and a few extra clone troopers.

figrin bran
06-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Figrin D'an, Greedo and Walrus Man (i insist on using the kenner vintage names) Bust-ups
2 Champions of the Force boosters

JediTricks
06-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Yesterday I got the 3 figures Gayjedi sent me, always nice to get new figures in the mail! Plus, it helps when they're all 3 decent figures. :D

TSC R5-D4 - 10 years since the dorky missile-launcher loser was released, we finally get a non-turd version. Based on the Early Bird R2-D2 body (which is the same as the Vintage-style figure except with its body door glued in place), this figure still has that glued-in door and removable 3rd leg, but a new dome with a pop-up bad motivator when you turn the dome sideways. The sculpting detail on the body is good and the dome is very good, the paint is does a fine job but misses the crazy holofoil stuff around the "neck".

TSC Hem Dazon - the first alien seen in the Cantina, Hem Dazon was nothing more than a head on a stick so the wizards at Hasbro decided to give him a body, a controversial move since they chose something rather humanoid. Hem's face sculpt seems accurate, but unfortunately the ball-jointed head design creates a defined chin when Hem had absolutely none. The body is well-sculpted, and has keen universal-jointed shoulders that work pretty well with the diagonal cut-joint elbows and rotating wrists; strangely, the alien feet rotate but in a strange way. The paint is good, the gun and bar accessories are ok, but all in all it's hard to come to grips with the humanoid torso and limbs on someone who seemed so alien.

TSC Garindan - snitch muthafatha! Garindan kicks all sorts of arse, with his removable comm unit that fits on his belt, his uni-jointed shoulders and diagonal cut elbows which let him talk into the comm, his nifty headsculpt, and his cloth hooded cloak. The gun seems a bit oversized, but not really my problem. All in all, a darn neat figure.

figrin bran
06-19-2006, 01:15 AM
R5-D4, Hem Dazon, Garindan, a frame for my ARC character key for under $5.

i thought i was going to pass on garindan when first announced but the great sculpt coupled with the fact that it's an OT alien, which i never pass up, was too much to ignore.

Kidhuman
06-19-2006, 01:20 AM
FB, what size frame does it take?

UKWildcat
06-19-2006, 11:53 PM
I got the rest of my DDD orders today. I also went shopping and got some new Polo shirts for the summer. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Superman Returns Solar Force Superman - it's a cute idea but the head sculpt really ruins it and the plasma glow paint on the upper body doesn't help either, and at this price it's not worth your time unless you want this 1 specific scene.

Superman Returns Kryptonite Armor Lex Luthor - there might be some kid value, with Lex sporting armor that can weaken Superman down enough to make it an interesting fight, but the end result doesn't work all that well as armor or as regular Lex, making it more of an oddity than an action figure - get the missile launching Lex instead.

Kidhuman
06-23-2006, 03:37 AM
Picked up the Zizzle POTC Liz, Will, Boostarp, Davey, Pintel and Pacifico today.

JediTricks
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Hee hee, "Bootstarp" sounds funny. :D

Slicker
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Hee hee, "Bootstarp" sounds funny. :D...oh, wait.

figrin bran
06-23-2006, 11:33 PM
#190 of the Acme ARC Trooper Character Keys is all mine!!!

Kidhuman
06-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I got #205 of 750 today. Looks great

Slicker
06-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I cut into my OTC missing figure dent yet again with the Jabba's Palace Luke. I think I'm down to nearly 10 or so that I need.

LTBasker
06-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Today put in layaway:

2x ML Havok
1x ML Captain Britain
1x ML AOA Plain Wolverine
Justice League DVD Volume 2
Superman: The Animated Series Volume 3
Look, Up In The Sky - Superman! Documentary DVD
Ultra Titanium Snowspeeder (FINALLY FOUND ONE AT A FRICKIN WAL-MART)

Not in layaway:
Walking shoes with Dr. Scholls gellin' footpads.

Also got a couple layaways out.
Layaway 1- Titaniums:
1x Sith Infiltrator
1x Green JSF
1x Blue JSF
1x AAT
1x Republic Attack Cruiser
1x Turbo Tank
1x Battle Ravaged Falcon

Layway 2- SW Figures:
1x UGH Hoth Vader
1x UGH Obi-Wan
1x UGH Boba Fett
1x UGH Han Carbonite
1x UGH Snowtrooper
1x UGH Anakin
(all 6 UGHes were found at the same time)
1x Commander Cody
1x Regular Hoth Vader
1x Foul Madama
3x Utapau Clone
1x Coruscant wave General Greivous
1x Coruscant wave Obi-Wan

Unfortunately, the bubbles got kind of indented, they were all able to be popped back and you can't really see, but if you run your fingers over the bubble you can feel the leftover warping. They just stuffed them into a small box. >_< General Greivous was beat to hell.

I am looking to trade some of the figures including a few UGHes though as they don't have the figure/hologram figure combos I needed, but since they were HTF I grabbed them to trade for the combos I needed. I'll probably post a trade list in a day or two listing what I need if anybody is interested.

figrin bran
06-24-2006, 08:27 PM
R5-D4
Tatooine Luke
Pixar Cars Lizzie
Justice League Season 2 DVD
AOME Warg Rider and Ringwraith from Big Lots for $3 each

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Today I found Garindan and Hem Dazon.

So far that is the highlight of my summer. :sad:

UKWildcat
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks to figrin in another thread; I went by Big Lots today and picked up 4 LOTR figures, $3 each, and also got Max Payne 2 pc game for $4.99!!! Thanks again figrin!!! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
06-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Nothing for me, but picked JJ up just about the entire line of the WM Giant MAn Marvel wave and HEm, vader form the Tat wave.

figrin bran
06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
tickets to thursday's radiohead concert at the greek theater
end of days buffy from tower records for only $3.99
luigi and fillmore to finish off my mcdonald's Cars set

UKWildcat
06-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I hauled Half-Life 2: Episode One out of the mailbox today. Can't wait to start playing this!

JediTricks
06-29-2006, 04:27 PM
At the beginning of the month, I picked up SW Battlefront for $20. At the end of the month...

Star Wars Battlefront II for PS2 - Woo! $20 brand new!!! Spotted 2 tags at Target last night for the game, identical except one said $49.99 and the other said $19.99 with a "price cut" hanger on it. Luckily, it was indeed $20, and not "Greatest Hits" either, though I'm assuming that's got to be what forced the price reduction. The game has a lot more stuff going on, and I'm having trouble so far distinguishing enemies from the environment so I'm dying a lot again ;). Tne thing I think BF1 had superior to this is its OSGs, the on-screen graphics were streamlined and made sense and mainly out of the way, on BF2 they're everywhere and some stuff gets downright confusing like the weapon clip in the reticle and enemy data and the crappy on-screen mini-map. Still, the game has a lot more action than the first so I'll find my way into it.

Kidhuman
06-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Nice score JT. I socred JJreason The whole tat wave sans Han

Ji'dai
06-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I got my Buffy the Vampire Slayer shipment from Time and Space Toys yesterday. I ordered their six-figure set with Chosen Buffy, Cheerleader Buffy, Vampire Buffy, the Buffybot, Lessons Dawn, and Primeval Buffy (due in July). I haven't opened them yet but they look pretty good.

I also got a Deluxe "super-articulated" OMWF Buffy, Just Rewards Spike, and since I my order was over $100, I picked out Deluxe SA Graduation Day Buffy, Deluxe SA End of Days Buffy, and Grave Spike from their "free" list. TST didn't include my Dlx EOD Buffy so hopefully they haven't run out.

I really like the Deluxe Buffy head sculpts, this is the first time I've seen 'em in person. Now I'll have to break down and get the Deluxe Faiths too to complete the sets.

---

Forgot about this "Booty Lounge" lighted sign I picked up from Spencers at lunchtime today. It was 50% off. They have a lot of other cool Pirate swag in-store that's going on clearance.

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
I got a website. . . and a rock.

UKWildcat
06-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Picked up a couple more LOTR figures at Big Lots.

I also got a few movies at Blockbuster. They are having a sale on previously viewed movies. 4 for $20 on titles that are $9.99 and under and 3 for $20 on titles that are more than $10 (usually $12.99 and $14.99). Pretty good deal.

JediTricks
06-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Superman Returns Up Up & Away Superman - goofy spring-loaded figure can only be posed flying. Key that comes with it doesn't turn or anything, just a useless handle that works better when not used.

Star Wars Transformers ARC-170/Clone Pilot - haven't opened him yet.

Star Wars Transformers Imperial Shuttle/Emperor - ditto.