PDA

View Full Version : Why would someone think this is necessary?

Darth Cruel
06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I had to post this...i found this picture on an AOL news page. The story is about the RCMP thwarting some terrorists. This is one of about half-a-dozen pictures that accompanied the story...

The picture's caption read: "A police officer stands guard on Friday. Canadian police arrested 12 male adults and five youth, charging them with planning terrorist attacks".

Bacta Beast
06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
:confused: I don't get it. Are you talking about the fact fact that the pictures looks like it's been faked?

Slicker
06-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, he's been obviously photoshopped into that picture.

Bacta Beast
06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Strange, what's that all about?

2-1B
06-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Dangerous and disturbing, this puzzle is.

jjreason
06-03-2006, 02:23 PM
It's odd - our ERT members have worn black uniforms under their kit for at least 5 years. I don't think the guy in grey is even a Mountie.

mabudonicus
06-03-2006, 03:00 PM
He looks like some kind of model for Soldier of Fortune magazine... Sure as hell ain't you, JJ, as I know you aren't 12 feet tall like that dude apparently is :beard:
And yeah, that is some CRAPPY P-shopping- the shadow is all wrong for one, and he is WAY too crisp-lookin....

I don't know what the pic means and I am about an hour away from where it was suppoeedly taken, weird :beard:

Jargo
06-03-2006, 03:28 PM
looks like an extra from stargate.

jjreason
06-03-2006, 03:36 PM
After some reading I see that 17 suspected terrorists were arrested in and around Toronto. They were apparently found to be in possession of more of the stuff that McVeigh used to bomb Oklahoma than was used in that attack (if that makes sense). They had 3 tons of the stuff, according to MSNBC.com.

The Ontario Provincial Police TRU Teams were involved in the execution of the search warrants, which would explain the grey jammies (I'm assuming they still wear grey jumpers under their kit, as per the pic).

JimJamBonds
06-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I saw that picture as well, it looks like a picture you'd see in The Onion.

plasticfetish
06-03-2006, 04:52 PM
For some reason, I'm not exactly surprised that AOL uses a kind of Orwellian approach with its news photos.

Rocketboy
06-03-2006, 05:23 PM
That pic is also on the MSN front page

James Boba Fettfield
06-03-2006, 05:27 PM
It's probably on all of the news sites as it's a Reuters photo.

plasticfetish
06-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Whatever... Big Brother is cookieing you.

Darth Cruel
06-03-2006, 08:02 PM
For some reason, I'm not exactly surprised that AOL uses a kind of Orwellian approach with its news photos.

LOL, JJB - You didn't disappoint me, buddy! I knew someone would start the AOL bashing as soon as typed in the letters.

Dar' Argol
06-06-2006, 08:29 PM
There are several things wrong with that pic. First off . . look at the shadows on the ground. The SUV's shadow is going from driver side to rear passanger. Then the guys behind it their shadows go in the same direction, a bit more angular. So if anything the grey guys shadow should have less of a angle . . or even going from back to front. But his practically goes from front to back! Then look at his legs. The highlights on his pants ar on the left side. I you follow the shadows, the light should be comming from the right so therefore the highlights should be on the right.

Just some quick observations:D