PDA

View Full Version : If Star Wars Legacy Continues...

PloKoon2385
01-24-2002, 04:56 PM
After Episode III, George Lucas has stated that it is over, he is done with Star Wars. If that is actually going to follow through.......then do you think that someone will pick it up sometime? If so, who? I think that maybe George will decide to do one more or a few more, even though it is unlikely. If he doesn't, then maybe his kids will. If they don't it's open. I would like to see movies based off some of the novels and comics. :sur:

LTBasker
01-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Actually George has said that he made it to where no one can pick up rights to make anymore SW movies or any tv stuff after he is gone, and if he did that I'm definitely sure no one will be doing anything like that while he's still alive.

bigbarada
01-24-2002, 07:15 PM
If things keep going the way they are with the questionable story choices and crappy action figures, then by the time Ep3 rolls around we'll all be begging Lucas to just let it die.

Jargo
01-24-2002, 08:02 PM
give it ten years and Lucas will be dong a tv show - the young han solo chronicles......

I still think a show based on the Imperial academy is a good idea. how better to shoehorn new aliens and new worlds in? Plus with all the stock footage of Imperial ships and technology BINGO! it's a winner...loser loser loser no brainer...... sorry. For one second there I actually cared again. Oh boy. I'm off to play with my lego now that my star wars adiction is cured - non star wars lego that is. Sad state of affairs. :zzz:

Wolfwood319
01-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Actually GL has said in interviews that after EIII, he's going to work on projects for TV. If you read in some of those blurbs in that Insider magazine, he's stated that TV is what he wants to do after EIII.

He didn't say if it was Star Wars, Young Indy, Old Indy, just TV.

SithDroid
01-24-2002, 09:54 PM
Hopefully it would be a Star Wars series. Why not base it around the Tales of the Jedi series in comics. Something that doesn't deal with any current characters so we wouldn't have to worry about getting new actors to replace certain movie actors' roles.

But, I think that I heard Lucas talking in an interview once that he said he was interested in getting back to a Young Indiana Jones series. Which I'm all for, but I'd like to see a Jedi series. It would be really cool and you know people would watch it.

Rollo Tomassi
01-25-2002, 08:24 AM
So if Lucas has it in his will, that no one can toy with SW after he dies, the next movie will come out in 2076. Dammit. I'll be 102 (although with the miracles of modern science...)

PloKoon2385
01-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Umm......Star Wars isn't just about action figures. I would say it's more about.......the movie. So, I would not judge a movie on it's action figures. And if George really did put a restriction on his legacy than poo to him. That's stupid. And, if he does a TV show I really doubt it will be anything from his already created stuff. I bet it'd be a whole new thing.

jedi master sal
01-25-2002, 02:58 PM
I can remember just a few short years ago saying to myself, I hope if Gl goes through with it that he doesn't srew it up.

I liked EPI but wasn't overjoyed. I am anticipating EPII, but not the toys. I hope by EPIII he gets it right again and makes SW the pop icon that it was in the 70's.

and how about at least 1 more movie, that takes place 30 years after JEDI. the original actors could again play themselves. (at least Mark Hamill probably would) who knows........

Emperor Howdy
01-25-2002, 09:59 PM
If things keep going the way they are with the questionable story choices and crappy action figures, then by the time Ep3 rolls around we'll all be begging Lucas to just let it die.

LOL!!!! :D

Rollo Tomassi
01-26-2002, 11:06 AM
I think G. Lu will go on to make few more box office turds like Tucker and Radioland Murders, and then he'll get an itch to make billions of dollars and start working of Episodes VII thru IX.

Point: George said he only needed six movies to tell his story.

Counterpoint: He also said Midichlorians were the idea all along. He originally said there were going to be twelve films. Then he said nine. (He lies/changes his mind, often.)

Scenario: He starts working of the third trilogy and gets deathly ill (he'll be over 70 at this point), so he rewrites his will to allow SW film projects to be made after his passing (intending the third trilogy only). His beneficiaries interpret this anyway they like as long as it means a solid income from the raping of the Star Wars mythos and we are deluged with endless spin-off movie and TV projects.

And then we all sit around and remember the good ol' 80's when all we had was the Original Trilogy and life was good.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Never.

I'll be honest, I love Star Wars, but once the 6 films are done, I think that should be it. Would I like to see more? Possibly. But I have found some things (Star Trek immediately comes to mind) that have refused to give it up, and the quality has signifcantly dropped.

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 06:32 AM
I feel that after EPIII is done that will be it. [Don't hate me],but that is one of the reasons I like the books.It will never die as long as there are people out there to write the books and keep SW alive. When the books stop,I'll just go into my own little universe of SW and live out my remaining days.:D

PloKoon2385
01-30-2002, 04:11 PM
I would LOVE to see the Thrawn Trilogy made into movies, even if not done by Georgie. And I would also like to see Shadows of the Empire done into a movie. I think Spielberg would be good, and he is good friends with George. I think that maybe we will see something after Ep. III. Maybe......:rolleyes:

DahrJin
02-04-2002, 03:22 PM
GL has indeed said he will not continue the SW saga after the completion of EP III. But he also, at one time, did say he was never going to do another Indy film after The Last Crusade. Now he's doing another one of those.

I think he may just take some time away from SW and contine down the road. Just my opinion though. I'd like to see GL give others a chance to take a shot at SW. He could handle it like the EU stuff, everything would have to meet his expectations before it could be done. I'd like to see other stories from the SW saga, not just about the original characters. Something like a bounty hunters series, origin of the sith or origin of the Jedi series. None of the original actors would be needed for something like that.:crazed: