PDA

View Full Version : Luke Skywalker (Escape From Mos Eisley)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2006, 01:38 PM
FINALLY, a Luke with the damn poncho!!!

This figure's body is reused from the 1999 Commtech figure (which itself used the torso from several 1998 Luke figures) and has a new, more realistic head. The lips are painted, which makes it look like Luke's wearing lipstick, but it's not quite as pronounced as some pictures have shown. The old-style hands look weird with the new head, since they're chunky and unrealistic. Since he's based on an old figure with the same articulation, he's articulated at the head, shoulders, elbows, waist, legs, and knees. Anyway, I suppose it's just as fine that they used an old body, since it still looks pretty good and the poncho covers it up anyway so there wasn't really a need to waste a new sculpt on this.

The real reason to get this figure is all the accessories. Most notably, Luke comes with his poncho for the first time ever. Thankfully it's cloth and it fits great. When taken off, it's rectangular, and doesn't come to a point in the front and back as Qui-Gon's poncho does. Under Luke's arms, there are little places where the sides of the poncho were sewn together so as to give it a somewhat sleeve-like appearance.

Luke also comes with a floppy hat, though I'm not sure if it's the same as the old one. Anyway, it fits just fine. It's weird to see an accessory that's not even in the finished film get used so many times, but that's just the way it is, I guess. In the way of smaller accessories, he also comes with Anakin's lightsaber hilt and binoculars from the Flashback figure (they still have the hole in the back though there's no peg in his belt on which to place them).

Perhaps one of the coolest accessories, well, ever, Luke also comes with Obi-Wan's chest/trunk thing. Seriously, this thing is fantastic. It's really well-detailed both inside and out. It opens up to reveal Obi-Wan's lightsaber, which is permanently attached, as well as a hole where you can put Anakin's as well. In the same area, there's a gold Jedi symbol . . . you know, the one that's on Sora Bulq's cardback and things like that. In the lower part of the trunk, there's the training remote (that Luke used in ANH), a rebreather (that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan used on Naboo in TPM and Obi-Wan used on Utapau in ROTS), and a Jedi starfighter headset. They're all permanently attached, and there's what looks like a bundled-up cloak in there too. This was a fantastic way to connect the PT with the OT, in my opinion.

You should definitely get this figure . . . it gets an A.

starwarsfan1
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree. I just found Luke, Han, and Vader yesterday at TRU. I had gone there looking for the Hunt for Greivous battle pack and found these three instaed. Luke is Awesome. I too especially liked the trunk. Vader is still the same 500th figure but this time the helmet is permenately attached to his head which is a plus for this figure. Han is disappointing. He only comes with his blaster and has limited articulation. Also when you put him on his base he tilts over a little making it look like he's doing the can-can. Over all it was a good find for me. I wish I had found the other figures but all well. The hunt continues...

mm74md
06-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I thought I wouldn't get any figs but R5 from this wave, but the Luke looked way too cool. I really like this figure as long as he has on the Poncho. I think the hands work well in holding the binoculars