PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football 2006

Pages : 1 [2]

figrin bran
09-08-2006, 03:05 AM
UKW, i was referring to #86 Hines Ward and not Parker. ;)

since the sentence i wrote right before "i thought he was supposed to have a bad hammy" was "and then Ward would catch another TD", i think how that works gramatically is that the "he" = hines ward, right? and then the post that you quoted from me said "no i did not confuse Hines Ward for TO or Steve Smith" never did i actually mention willie parker. :p

UKWildcat
09-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Ahhhh... lol

Since you were quoting me I thought you wished that Ward would get a TD, for your benefit, then you were referring to my statement saying that Parker had a bad hammy, considering the game he had. lol The space in b/w your statements helped to confuse me as well. Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding. lol I was really wanting to know your source too, although I have a pretty good idea of what it is. :D

It's all good though! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-08-2006, 03:24 AM
i bet you didn't know that all of my sports info comes from The Onion!!!&

i just read on their site that a-rod has been placed on the emotionally disabled list. also yankee fans lured him out with a curtain call just so they could boo him. and if anyone is interested they actually have a fantasy game where you pick from among a list of players, the ones that will have the worst stats for that week.

JetsAndHeels
09-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey FB here is your id pic since you are now in the Herm Edwards hater club. Enjoy.

figrin bran
09-09-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks J&H! i'm also in the i hate shanahan and i hate belicheck club as well.

i don't know if anyone else would be interested but they have this "shattered expectations" football game over at the onion where you have to pick the most underachieving players of the week. it's harder than it sounds b/c there's a predetermined list and there are a lot of superstar players that you have to choose from - Brady, Hasselbeck, Alexander, LT, Fitzgerald. if you want to play, go over to the onion's site, click on the link to the shattered expectations game and join my group "Favrein2K7.&2K8,2K9".

for this week, i'm counting on, among others, JP Lostman, Kevin Jones and the Lions D to come through, or rather, not come through for me

Rogue II
09-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Sounds interesting. I joined (Wide Right).
qb: McNabb/Carr
RB: Johnson/Taylor
WR: Fitzgerald/Burress
K: longwell
D: Lions
Wildcard: McMichael

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 12:38 AM
I have been researching through all the sites and here is what ive found for injuries this week:

steve smith...very doubtful..pretty much a no go
tj whoseyourmama...doubtful
mike vanderjact (sp)...no go
clinton portis..no go

jamal lewis..probable
tom brady..probable
jeremy shockey...probable
matt leinart..probable

figrin bran
09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Heels, you forgot this one - Maurice Clarett - incarcerated

Rogue, thanks for joining but you really shouldn't post your entire lineup like that! ;) and i don't know if that was Rudi Johnson or Larry that you picked but they're both going to romp over the other's defenses. then again everyone in that group A is going to have a great day probably.

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Heels, you forgot this one - Maurice Clarett - incarcerated

I figured since he won't be anywhere near an NFL field for a while it was common knowledge. :)
Then again he could always audition for "The Longest Yard 2" or "Gridiron Gang: Reloaded."

JimJamBonds
09-09-2006, 02:18 PM
I figured since he won't be anywhere near an NFL field for a while it was common knowledge. :)
Then again he could always audition for "The Longest Yard 2" or "Gridiron Gang: Reloaded."

What about Jeff George? :p

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Jeff George is probably sitting on a couch somewhere with Vinny Testaverde watching public access television.

Wow, we are like 16 hours from kickoff and I am pumped!! Hooray football!!

figrin bran
09-09-2006, 09:56 PM
what are you talking about, Heels? Jeff George is putting in Peyton Manningesque hours to study the raiders playbook. after all, he's just an aaron brooks injury away from taking over the job!

btw, i cracked open a box of topps chrome and pulled a Leon Washington auto as well as a black refractor Anthony Schlegel. you're more than welcome to these!

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2006, 09:59 PM
what are you talking about, Heels? Jeff George is putting in Peyton Manningesque hours to study the raiders playbook. after all, he's just an aaron brooks injury away from taking over the job!

btw, i cracked open a box of topps chrome and pulled a Leon Washington auto as well as a black refractor Anthony Schlegel. you're more than welcome to these!

Hey the Raiders cut Jeff George!!

I have the Leon Washington auto, but I definately need the Schlegel refractor. What do you need as far as players?

figrin bran
09-10-2006, 03:04 AM
Heels, i'm looking for Marcus Vick (haha, not really) but in lieu of that, i'll take any Marcedes Lewis or Maurice Drew.

JetsAndHeels
09-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Heels, i'm looking for Marcus Vick (haha, not really) but in lieu of that, i'll take any Marcedes Lewis or Maurice Drew.

No problem. I know I have some of his...tonight when I get back I will go through my stuff and let you know what I have.
Speaking of Ron Mexico Jr, I pulled his Playoff Prestige rookie..the extra points version. I laughted at the time but when I looked it up its a short print and books 40 bucks.

UKWildcat
09-10-2006, 11:57 PM
The Bushwackers (who ever the hell that is) beat me 41 to 37 in what will probably be known as the worst fantasy matchup of the season. lol I got 0 points from S. Alexander and my defense was the highest scoring player on my team. Whoda thunk it?!?!? lol

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Unless something crazy happens tomorrow night it looks like I'm 0-3 to start the year. :(

UKWildcat
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm going to go 1-2. :(

Though the league I won in is the one with the biggest cash prize. :D

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm going to go 1-2. :(

Though the league I won in is the one with the biggest cash prize. :D

Thats all that matters then! :D

figrin bran
09-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Unless something crazy happens tomorrow night it looks like I'm 0-3 to start the year. :(

JJB, you're Darth Balls right? i'll be cheering against the chargers tomorrow. come on rivers, look elsewhere besides gates! ;)

UKW, having your defense be your high scorer is still better than having your kicker as your high scorer which happened to me. i have alexander on one team and i'm deeply disappointed by his showing against the lions. i mean, we're talking about the lions!!! i have hasselbeck on one team as well. :cry:

Kidhuman
09-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I got 0 points from my QB yesterday. That has to suck&

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I got 0 points from my QB yesterday. That has to suck&

Awesome every Fantasy Football team should have a quarterback should get that many points.

Rogue II
09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
It could have been worse. He could have given you negative points.

JimJamBonds
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
It could have been worse. He could have given you negative points.

You mean like me? Although my choices were not very good: Dehlomme -1 or Plummer - 6. :upset:

vader68
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
I will be 2-1 in the 3 leagues I am in assuming the Vikes can score once tonight and Keenan doesn't have a huge game.

How bout them Cowboys:sad: . Come on Drew, 3 interceptions:mad: . What the Hell.

J&H, you must be pretty excited about the Jets. Pennigton looked really good.

Rogue II
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I know someone has been waiting for this news:

Branch traded to Seahawks for draft pick

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) -- The New England Patriots ended the holdout of receiver Deion Branch on Monday by trading him to the Seattle Seahawks for a first-round draft pick.

Kidhuman
09-11-2006, 07:11 PM
That makes me damn happy. He will be a welcome starter this week&

figrin bran
09-11-2006, 11:04 PM
LT has 87 yards plus td. in the first quarter.

JJB, i'm almost ready to concede defeat...

edit: why those nerfherdin Raiders can't do anything right!

i concede defeat. congratulations JJB

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 01:05 AM
LT has 87 yards plus td. in the first quarter.

JJB, i'm almost ready to concede defeat...

edit: why those nerfherdin Raiders can't do anything right!

i concede defeat. congratulations JJB

1) Even if I'm on the short end of the points I still win then right? :D

2) the Porkers picked up Koren Robinson... he better be able to play this year otherwise I'll personally head over to 1265 Lombardi Ave. and gut Ted Thompson myself with a rusty razorblade.

JetsAndHeels
09-12-2006, 01:15 AM
J&H, you must be pretty excited about the Jets. Pennigton looked really good.

Yeah I am very happy with them. The only thing that concerns me is the kicking game. The Nuge cost us 7 points yesterday and that just won't cut it against better teams in the NFL.

Since you brought it up vader68, I thought I might post a few week 1 stats:

NFL Week 1
Passing Leaders
Pennington-NYJ 319 Yds

Receiving Leaders
Coles-NYJ 153 Yds

Interception Leaders
Dyson-NYJ 2 INT
Rhodes-NYJ 1 INT

Kickoff Return Leaders
Miller-NYJ 3 RET, 89 YDS, 29.7 AVG

figrin bran
09-12-2006, 01:38 AM
JJB,

Darth Balls 56
Bith Tannen 46

unless that's someone else's team, you win. but i'll get you next time.

JimJamBonds
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
JJB,

Darth Balls 56
Bith Tannen 46

unless that's someone else's team, you win. but i'll get you next time.

Yeah its me, at the time of my post I wasn't sure, so I figured I then had to talk like a smart ash. :D

UKWildcat
09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Alright G Wh*res... I'm going to remove you from the #1 slot this week and register my first win of the season, taking myself out of last place in the process... :whip:

Hopefully... lol

figrin bran
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
noooooo!!!!!! terry glenn just caught a TD. you win Team R2

the worst part of it is that i might go 0-4 this weekend.

vader68
09-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Alright G Wh*res... I'm going to remove you from the #1 slot this week and register my first win of the season, taking myself out of last place in the process... :whip:

Hopefully... lol

Smack Talk I love it! Lets hear some more.:twisted:

vader68
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Why can't I get the scoring? Last week I got it now nothing.:frus: Am I just an IDIOT and can't find it or do I have to pay for the stat tracker? Any help would be nice. I have no idea how I did this week.

Kidhuman
09-18-2006, 12:10 AM
The first week stat tracker is free, now if you want it, you have to pay for it or wait until morning time&

Rogue II
09-18-2006, 12:19 AM
noooooo!!!!!! terry glenn just caught a TD. you win Team R2

the worst part of it is that i might go 0-4 this weekend.

I take it you paid for Statracker. I'm too cheap, so I have no idea how my team was doing.

figrin bran
09-18-2006, 02:35 AM
yes i paid for stattracker since i have 4 teams and unless i pull off a miracle tomorrow, i'm 1-7 in them. what a great investment that was! :cry:

vader68
09-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Nice prediction UKW. I finished first last week and last this week.:upset: Last week I was 3-0 in my leagues, this week I went 0-3:mad: Thats ok though, it is only week 2 got this bad week out of my system early.

There was 1 bright spot though, the Cowboys won:D . And the Giants pulled one out of thin air to beat the eagles who apparently fell asleeep in the 4th quarter. Now there is a 3 way tie for first, in the nfc east.

UKWildcat
09-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Smack Talk I love it! Lets hear some more.:twisted:
Nice prediction UKW.

lol

I don't usually talk smack but I figured if I did then maybe my team would win for a change... And it worked! :thumbsup:

I am going to end up with a 2-1 record this week.

CaptainSolo1138
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm gonna end up losing in two of my leagues (I'm not sure if ours is one of them. I think I already lost) because I'm up by 5 or 6 ppoints, but my opponent has a WR playing tonight. Blooooooooooooows.

Rogue II
09-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Crap, Slicker, I tried adding that same TE 3 times yesterday, but it would let me do it.

Rogue II
09-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Chargers get backup QB Volek from Titans (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Apqp38suIO1NWhB_1FbaG5o5nYcB?slug=ap-chargers-titans-volektrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Chargers "gave up a sixth-round draft pick that could become a fifth-rounder if Volek participates in 50 percent of San Diego's offensive plays this year."

Smart move, not only do they get a back-up, they are keeping him away from Oakland and KC.

Slicker
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Crap, Slicker, I tried adding that same TE 3 times yesterday, but it would let me do it.It's not gonna help me one dang bit though. I need receivers like a mofo but can't seem to get any.

I don't see me making it very far with only Manning and the Bears defense making my points.

figrin bran
09-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Volek wouldn't help the Raiders anyways...it seems their offensive line closes their eyes at the snap of the ball and just hopes for the best. ;)

slicker, i'm willing to part with any of my wr's.

Kidhuman
09-19-2006, 10:49 PM
I say the Raiders go 0-16 this year. I bet a guy at work on it, if I win he buys me lunch for a week, if he wins(or the raiders win 1 game) I buy him lunch for one day. I had to get odds on that&

JimJamBonds
09-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Morten Andersen just signed with the Falcons!!!! :sur:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5982718

figrin bran
09-20-2006, 02:07 AM
i may have started off 0-2 in our league (what a title defense on my part!) but i'm 13th overall in the "shattered expectations" game leaderboard.

JetsAndHeels
09-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Rogue II,
I bought a box of UD Football today and pulled a willis mcgahee jersey card. Thought you might be interested in it as part of our possible trade later.

Rogue II
09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey Rogue II,
I bought a box of UD Football today and pulled a willis mcgahee jersey card. Thought you might be interested in it as part of our possible trade later.

Awesome. Every Bills' fan should have one. I'll talk to you tonight. You need to give me a want list for that show this weekend.

Since discussion of football cards sees to pop into a couple different threads, we should start an official sports card thread. Do you want to do the honors?

JetsAndHeels
09-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Since discussion of football cards sees to pop into a couple different threads, we should start an official sports card thread. Do you want to do the honors?

Sure, I would be happy to. Comin' right up!!

Should it go here in general or in the non-sw collectibles? I'm thinking the latter.

figrin bran
09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
team bith tannen is back in business with our first win of the season!

Rogue II, do you need any Lostman rookies?

UKWildcat
10-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Beat team R2 this past week, thanks to a busted Westbrook. Had Westbrook been healthy and played R2 would have probably beatin' me pretty easily.

I had Westbrook in another league which I almost lost but Donald Driver made up the few points I needed to win. It was a close one. I won 51-50. :eek: I was playing my brother so it was that much sweeter. :D

Okay, so now I'm 2-2 in two leagues and 2-1-1 in our Yahoo league. Not very impressive... but I could be doing worse I suppose.

CaptainSolo1138
10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Awesome, every league should have two 0-4 teams.

figrin bran
10-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey KH, when Tiki Barber has a bye week, you're supposed to take him out of the lineup :p

i used brett in one of my leagues and actually won despite getting negative points from him.

Kidhuman
10-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey KH, when Tiki Barber has a bye week, you're supposed to take him out of the lineup :p

My only issue was that I dont have a 3rd RB, so it didnt matter either way. &

Isobars

Rogue II
10-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Beat team R2 this past week, thanks to a busted Westbrook. Had Westbrook been healthy and played R2 would have probably beatin' me pretty easily.

I had Westbrook in another league which I almost lost but Donald Driver made up the few points I needed to win. It was a close one. I won 51-50. :eek: I was playing my brother so it was that much sweeter. :D

Okay, so now I'm 2-2 in two leagues and 2-1-1 in our Yahoo league. Not very impressive... but I could be doing worse I suppose.

I was just talking to KH about that last night. I didn't know Westbrook was hurt. All I needed from him was 6 points to tie. I figured I wouldn't win because several of my regular starters had bye weeks.

Ahman Green was starting on one of my other teams, but I was far ahead where it didn't matter.

UKWildcat
10-06-2006, 02:55 AM
I was just talking to KH about that last night. I didn't know Westbrook was hurt. All I needed from him was 6 points to tie. I figured I wouldn't win because several of my regular starters had bye weeks.

Yea, Westbrook has had knee problems for the past few weeks now. I thought he was going to play last week for sure, but he didn't. He's played on his hurt knee the past couple of weeks and has done extremely well. I guess he figured he could rest it against a weak GB team!?!?!? or it is really bothering him?!?!?! Hopefully Westbrook will come back and play close to 100% this week, b/c I need him too. He is my stud running back in one of my leagues, along with Willie Parker.

On the other hand, I'm still glad I beat ya though! lol

Up next is Cloud City Pimps...

UKWildcat
10-09-2006, 11:30 AM
T'was another disappointing week for me. In all three of my leagues I lost by a total of 4 points. Yes, thats 4 points. I lost 83-84 in one league, 84-85 in another and 53-55 in our SSG league. I can't believe I lost two games by a single point and that all of my matchups were that close. Only if I had started <insert bench player's name here who did awesome> then I'd have a winning record in all of my leagues. :sad: Oh well, hopefully I'll do better next week.

In other news, looks like KH is going to register his first win of the season while (Major City)(Mascot) will try and get his first win at a later date. Congrats KH!

Kidhuman
10-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks man, a little revenge for his kitties scratching out a series win against the boys from the Bronx.

figrin bran
10-10-2006, 03:31 AM
next week bith tannen faces the Metropolis Sharks

i'm bringing lots of kryptonite, J&H so why don't you just make like a tree and leaf? ;)

JetsAndHeels
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
next week bith tannen faces the Metropolis Sharks

i'm bringing lots of kryptonite, J&H so why don't you just make like a tree and leaf? ;)

Good luck...NOT!! :)

I think I suffered my first lost this past week, but my yahoo is acting up and won't give me the score. Anyone else having that issue?

figrin bran
10-11-2006, 12:27 AM
i had problems with yahoo fantasy sports this morning as well. seems they didn't update everyone's records until sometime this afternoon.

CaptainSolo1138
10-11-2006, 08:09 AM
What you guys don't know is that I'm trying to go 0-14. Hooray for me!

2-1B
10-11-2006, 10:41 PM
If you're that committed, you'll change your name to CaptainBuccaneers1978

CaptainSolo1138
10-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Or CaptainLions2006. Whatever. I'm not picky.

2-1B
10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Don't even tease me, ONE of those 0-5 teams need to finish the season winless...if it's the Lions, that would be awesome ! ! ! Don't get my hopes up. :(

CaptainSolo1138
10-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I agree. If a team is gonna suck, why not go balls out and make it count for something? None of this overtime field goal to finish 1-15 crap.

JetsAndHeels
10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Basically its the race to see who gets Brady Quinn

2-1B
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
hopefulee it will be packerz cuz we can have 3weigh batle tween bart erin & bradee

figrin bran
10-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Bith Tannen upsets Metropolis Sharks!!!

J&H, i was out and about and listening to the NYJ/Mia game on the radio and pulling for Harrington to throw the ball to Chambers. thanks for the TD Joey! :thumbsup: :D

JetsAndHeels
10-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Bith Tannen upsets Metropolis Sharks!!!

J&H, i was out and about and listening to the NYJ/Mia game on the radio and pulling for Harrington to throw the ball to Chambers. thanks for the TD Joey! :thumbsup: :D

What was our score?

figrin bran
10-15-2006, 11:09 PM
What was our score?

your guys put up 28 while mine put up 53 with Robbie Gould yet to play. Rivers was fantastic for ya with 18 but your WR's put up 2,0,-2 for a net of zero.

JetsAndHeels
10-15-2006, 11:10 PM
your guys put up 28 while mine put up 53 with Robbie Gould yet to play. Rivers was fantastic for ya with 18 but your WR's put up 2,0,-2 for a net of zero.

That sounds about right. Cotchery didn't do squat and Keyshawn had a quiet day. Didn't really get anything out of my running backs either.
Congrats on the win.

UKWildcat
10-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks to Rackers, I came back from behind to beat someone in another league. I was down 12 points and Rackers has scored 13 for me thus far (middle of 4th quarter now) for me to pull out the close victory. Needless to say, I am very pleased. Finally got a good game out of Rackers, when I desperately needed it. :pleased:

I ended up beating KH in our league. Sorry your win streak couldn't be longer than 1 game kh. :( Your players actually turned out really good games but thanks mainly to Torry Holt and Drew Brees, I pulled out the victory.

I am going to end up losing in my other league. To my sister nonetheless. She put up over 120 points w/ Tomlinson (4 Tds) scoring 1/3 of her points. :eek:

Overall, in my three leagues, I'll be 3-3, 2-4, and 3-2-1 in our league.

Kidhuman
10-16-2006, 11:58 PM
I know, I had a good week, but you had a better one, Still ahead of Solo though

JimJamBonds
10-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Doh I forgot to pick up a kicker since Longwell was on bye! :upset:

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 12:39 AM
not in our league but in one where we have individual defensive players, Lance Briggs pulled out a much much needed win for me (i'm now 2-4 in that league no thanks to Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez)

UKWildcat
10-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Randy who? Gonzalez what? ;)

I actually have both of them in leagues this year, have Moss in two actually, one of which is our league. I was really hoping Moss would get traded here recently, but that looks next to impossible with the trade deadline being today(Tuesday). :mad: Needless to say, I have been disappointed with both of them thus far.

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 02:14 AM
haha UKW!

you know what? i can't even give those two guys away. and my best player on that team, Tiki Barber, can't find the endzone any longer.

Slicker
10-17-2006, 04:59 AM
I can't believe the damn Bears. I needed 2 friggin' points on defense to beat Cappy and they broke even!!! So I turned into Cappy's first victory when I was sure I had beaten him. Grrrr...

Kidhuman
10-17-2006, 07:23 AM
haha UKW!

you know what? i can't even give those two guys away. and my best player on that team, Tiki Barber, can't find the endzone any longer.

Its not that he cant, they have Jacobs to run them in for short yardage.

Rogue II
10-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd like to thank Rex Grossman for putting up -10 points, otherwise Darth Balls probably would have beat me. Also, in the 2nd SSG league, the Bears Defence aided my come from behind victory. They scored 29 points.

CaptainSolo1138
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I think it's kinda funny that I'm 0-6. I really do. The only part of that that makes me question my existence is that at least one of the teams in that league is no longer even being managed and they have scrounged at least one win. :D

Slicker
10-17-2006, 04:29 PM
I just looked again and noticed that I'd beaten you. I guess the numbers weren't updated this morning when I looked.

Also, I was lookin' at your team and it's got a bunch of good players with good numbers. I don't understand it.

CaptainSolo1138
10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Also, I was lookin' at your team and it's got a bunch of good players with good numbers. I don't understand it.You're right for the most part. The only problem is that they never put up good numbers in the same week.

Kidhuman
10-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I feel your pain Solo.

figrin bran
10-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Its not that he cant, they have Jacobs to run them in for short yardage.

yes, i know they like to use Brandon Jacobs at the goal line but still you'd think that Tiki could break off a long TD run at some point. he has zero TD's thus far.

CS, in all my years of playing fantasy football i've found that (meaning "never having all your players have good games in the same week) to be true of almost all of my teams- even ones that eventually won it all. on paper, the better teams would always win but to paraphrase Dennis Green from last night, "that's why we take the d-*# field"

Rogue II
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Woo-hoo! I went 3-0 this week, including scoring 179 points in the SSG #2 league. And to think, I almost didn't start Crumpler. Despite the wins, 2 of my teams are still middle of the pack.

JetsAndHeels
10-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Woo-hoo! I went 3-0 this week, including scoring 179 points in the SSG #2 league. And to think, I almost didn't start Crumpler. Despite the wins, 2 of my teams are still middle of the pack.

Rule of thumb...always start the former TarHeels.

Rogue II
10-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, he's been real quiet this season. Crumpler is on 2 of my teams. Ironically, in the main SSG league, the team I played against had Crumpler.

figrin bran
10-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Rule of thumb...always start the former TarHeels.

heh, julius peppers has been great for me in another league with individual defensive players.

does anyone else think that the black variant saga endor trooper looks a bit like ron mexico? the hair's not the same but i think the face is. tell me i'm not crazy for thinking this! (i know i'm crazy but for other reasons :p )

CaptainSolo1138
10-25-2006, 07:40 AM
What week should I start sitting everyone to achieve the 0-14? 10th? 12th? :D

I don't get it. I've got a decent team, I just can't get everyone to score in the same week. Meh.

JimJamBonds
10-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Am I going to keep forgetting to play people and have open spots on my roster? Thankfully it didn't hurt me this week like it did last. :upset:

Kidhuman
10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Man Solo, you finally had a good week and still lost. At least I hold a 2 game advantage over you now(and the head-to-head)

CaptainSolo1138
10-29-2006, 08:50 PM
It's cool. I'm pretty much throwing in the towel. I'm still doing pretty well in my other leagues and (harnesses the soul of Meatloaf) two out of three ain't bad.

figrin bran
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Hooray for Reggie Wayne!!! (got him in 3 leagues)

Bushwackers, not that it would've mattered but just for your info, Drew Bledsoe has been benched for Tony Romo. ;)

UKWildcat
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Unless Brady can throw for 400+ yards and 4 touchdowns, I'm going to lose in all of my leagues this week. Brady has looked really good in the first half so there is a chance. :nerv:

In one league I played a guy who has both L. Johnson and L. Tomlinson. :eek: Those two players alone almost scored as much as my whole team. :hurt:

Going to lose to M. Sharks in our leage. By two measley little points. :(

figrin bran
10-30-2006, 10:29 PM
frak!!! how does someone end up with both LJ and LT???

which reminds me, during my second year of playing fantasy ball, i had LT and Alexander. LT was a rookie and Alexander took over the starting job in midseason. i also had Brady as he took over the starting gig midseason as well. ahhh yes, that was a great team!

UKWildcat
10-30-2006, 10:35 PM
frak!!! how does someone end up with both LJ and LT???

Keeper league. He kept LJ and traded his first round pick and something else for LT. Surprisingly, his team is only going to be 4-4 after beating me this week.

which reminds me, during my second year of playing fantasy ball, i had LT and Alexander. LT was a rookie and Alexander took over the starting job in midseason.

Not bad.

JimJamBonds
10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Thank you Tom Brady for scoring a buttload of points tonight so I can sneek by with a win (in my work league)! :thumbsup:

Unless of corpse he starts tossing picks and/or fumbles the ball over the next couple of minutes.

Rogue II
10-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey, look at me. I made it up to 2nd place.

I've never played in one of those keeper leagues. It would be cool to try that.

CaptainSolo1138
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm torn over whether or not to be happy with my first win of the season.:p

UKWildcat
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Unless Brady can throw for 400+ yards and 4 touchdowns, I'm going to lose in all of my leagues this week. Brady has looked really good in the first half so there is a chance. :nerv:

Well, Brady only(;)) threw for 372 yards and 4 TDs.... so I lost by ONE point. :(

figrin bran
10-31-2006, 11:14 PM
That blasted Brady/Ben Watson combo that one of my opponents in another league had came within .07 of beating me and dropping me to a 3-5 record.

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Figrin, you bought stat tracker right? I was wondering how long it lasts and if you can use it in all the leagues you are in.(Like for Hockey and Football)

figrin bran
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
KH, yes i bought stat tracker. it only lasts for one season and you can't carry it over to other fantasy sports games. i know that because i have live stats for football but not for my yahoo basketball teams.

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
ok, if it did, I would have bought it for all of them, thanks

figrin bran
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
i lost to the Major City Mascots :(

vader68
11-06-2006, 08:36 AM
I lost to the Metropolis Sharks by 1 point.:frus:
Tiki Barber finally decided to score a touchdown instead of Jacobs:upset:

Rogue II
11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
KH may have beat me in the NFL pick'em this week, but I beat him in hockey. Its looking good for football as long as his reciever doesn't get 18 points tonight.

Kidhuman
11-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Dieon wants to be the go to guy, so it just might happen.

Slicker
11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I lost...in both of my leagues.:cry:

UKWildcat
11-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm going to end up winning atleast 2 of my 3 leagues. The SSG is the only one in question. I am playing Bantha and he is up 20 points on me. I have D. Jackson, R. Moss and Seahawks Def tonight and he has J. Brown. My DEF is doing it's job, now I need some productivity from Moss and Jackson in order to make the comeback victory. :nerv:

figrin bran
11-07-2006, 01:59 AM
so it appears that stat tracker was wrong and i actually tied major city mascot, which i'll take any day over a loss.

UKWildcat
11-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Arrrrgghhh!!! My team fell short so I lost to Bantha. Speaking of which, has anyone heard from him in a while? I know I haven't been on the forums a lot lately, but it seems like I haven't seen him in forever. I just saw where he last logged in on Oct. 6th. I hope everything is alright. :sad:

CaptainSolo1138
11-08-2006, 10:22 PM
so it appears that stat tracker was wrong and i actually tied major city mascot, which i'll take any day over a loss.Me too, since it saved me from being 1-8. :D

figrin bran
11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
1-8, 2-7, what's the difference? ;)

UKWildcat
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
WOOHOO!!! I went 3-0 in my leagues this week. :)

In one of them I beat my oppenent by almost 100 points thanks to Willie Parker, Donald Driver and co. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
11-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I went 3-0 also, thanks mostly to Chad Johnson's HUGE day.

Kidhuman
11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Pulled in anohter win yesterday, looks like Solo did the same. Can you say 2nd 1/2 teams right there?

Slicker
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I, once again, lost both of my leagues.

My SSG one was a real slugfest.:p

If I hadn't forgotten to take out the damn Lions defense I would've won it too.

CaptainSolo1138
11-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Pulled in anohter win yesterday, looks like Solo did the same. Can you say 2nd 1/2 teams right there?
Totally. We're gonna finish top two, you and I.lol

Someone in figrin bran's league is a prick who loves vetoing trades for no reason. Gee, I'm sorry that McNabb got hurt and someone is willing to trade me Michael Vick. If I wasn't kicking everyone's @$$ I'd just leave the league. That's certainly nothing against you, figgy, unless you're the one who doesn't see fit that I have a second tier QB replace one of the top ones in the league.

Rogue II
11-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I've been playing fantasy football for a long time, and that is the first time I've seen a trade vetod. I was going to take Vick because Eli Manning hasn't been doing too well lately. No bother, We've worked out another deal...I hope.

CaptainSolo1138
11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
What really makes me mad about it is that it's my brother. It's not like it's the kid from the short bus who you trade your chewed gum to for his lunch money.

figrin bran
11-22-2006, 12:01 AM
CS, i'm sorry that you feel that way. each and every trade is subject to league review and under yahoo's rules, a trade is overturned if 1/3 of the managers vote against it. in this particular instance, at least 2 people voted against it.

yes i was one of them and you may certainly call me a prick but at the very least i should offer my rationale.

trade 1 was Brees + Philly D for Shockey + Indy D. i dropped the Indy D in our SSG league and so i don't have a high opinion of them right now but in this instance i rated Philly for Indy a fair deal. Shockey for Brees on the other hand, i saw as heavily favoring the side that was getting Brees who is 5th overall in yahoo fantasy points (143. 38) while Shockey has only scored 59.9 fantasy points on the season.

trade 2 was Ron Mexico and Isaac Bruce for Reggie Wayne. vick is 7th overall with 135.22. wayne has 102 but is the 2nd ranked WR. in this instance, i felt that just wayne for vick straight up would've been okay. no need for bruce as a throw in.

so CS, CS's brother and Rogue, i'm sorry that you guys are upset over this. i don't know if you'll accept my explanations and like i said earlier, at least one other person must've voted similarly to trigger the 1/3 votes veto which as i stated before is a yahoo games rule.

now of the new deals you guys worked out, Galloway + Brees for Wayne is okay though personally i think just Brees for Wayne straight up is okay.

the other deal, why should Moose want the Indy D for Vick and Keyshawn when there are any number of better D's you could pick up from waivers? if Lee Evans were part of the deal, i might okay it from an equal fantasy points production standpoint.

JetsAndHeels
11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to set your rosters before tomorrow's games. Since it is Thanksgiving we have a few early contests that everyone should be aware of:

Miami at Detroit 12:30 p.m
Tampa Bay at Dallas 4:15 p.m
Denver at Kansas City 8:00 p.m

CaptainSolo1138
11-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Shockey for Brees on the other hand, i saw as heavily favoring the side that was getting Brees who is 5th overall in yahoo fantasy points (143. 38) while Shockey has only scored 59.9 fantasy points on the season.What does it really matter? I needed a QB and he needed a TE. Should we take the gravitational constant and the current windchill into account next time, too?

the other deal, why should Moose want the Indy D for Vick and Keyshawn when there are any number of better D's you could pick up from waivers?I needed a QB, he wanted a different DEF and I believe he was gonna drop Keyshawn anyway. It worked out for both of us, but perhaps that's not a rational enough explanation.

What I find most peculiar about this is that I've NEVER seen a trade vetoed, and suddenly in a league full of people YOU know there has been two. If you don;t like a trade, that's fine. But don't tell other people to do the same.

Rogue II
11-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I still don't see any of those deals being lopsided to the point where they need to be vetoed.

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 12:10 AM
CS and Rogue, i already said i'm sorry that you guys are so upset. i don't know that there's anything i can do to make it up to you. and i can sit here and tell you that all i did was vote against the trade and did not try to persuade anyone else but you would probably not believe me anyhow.

if you want me to take full responsibility for this then i guess i shall. and i'm sorry that you're still so upset over it. i don't know what else to say and i don't expect your opinions to change. unfortunately i don't have the power to undo what was done already and so all i can do really is extend the proverbial olive branch and hope that you guys can put this behind us. now if there is anything i can do to make it up to you, please let me know. but if you're going to hold it against me for who knows how long, i guess that's something i'll have to accept.

:sad:

maybe i could bench all my players when you play against me but you all have dominated me already ;)

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Captain Solo and Rogue, i've thought some more about the situation and though i was joking with that last suggestion, i am prepared to do just that.

i will allow the two of you plus CS's brother to vote and this and if 2 of you agree on this, i shall suspend my "galaxyfavrefavreaway" team from the league. what that entails is that i shall not have any active players on my roster effective as soon as your votes pass. also, i am not to release or acquire any players so my roster stays "frozen" for the rest of the season. whatever outside outside chance i had at sneaking into the playoffs will be forfeited obviously. however, i do stay on as commissioner as that isn't something logistically i can hand over without giving someone else access to my yahoo accounts

also, as a token of goodwill, i will send gift certificates ($10 or so apiece) to CS, CS's brother, Rogue II for a meal at the restaurant of your choice, provided that it's a national chain where i can go in person or provided that they have a site where one can purchase certificates.

once again, i am terribly sorry. the one area where i totally blew it was taking for granted these trade vetoes. in leagues where i play, they do occur from time to time and unfortunately i took it for granted that you guys would not react so angrily. as i've been trying to maintain, i did not act alone and someone else voted out of their own volition and sans any sort of influence from me. you may be disinclined to believe me at this juncture but if i'm supposedly taking the fall for someone else, i'd sure as heck make them pay for part of your meal certificates as well!

so let the voting begin! and either way, i will still make good on the certificates for you guys.

2-1B
11-25-2006, 01:55 AM
What really makes me mad about it is that it's my brother. It's not like it's the kid from the short bus who you trade your chewed gum to for his lunch money.

you mean they aren't one and the same ? :confused:

:grin:

lol

Rogue II
11-25-2006, 11:08 AM
FB, don't worry about it. Its only a free fantasy football league and the only thing we are competing for is bragging rights. I was always under the impression the veto thing was there to keep people from making crazy one-sided trades...like Aaron Brooks for Peyton Manning.

CaptainSolo1138
11-25-2006, 01:11 PM
While I appreciate your token, figgy, don't worry about it. I'm certainly not ticked at you individually, it's the situation as a whole. In the end, everything worked out for everyone (trades were vetoed by those who chose to, deals were eventually made by those who needed them). Like R2 said, it's a free, volunteer league. If I wanted to, I'd just leave it and not be out anything for it. But since I'm over what happened (and I'm currently in first place:thumbsup: ) I'm not even entertaining the thought of that.

Your gesture alone more than made up for the whole issue, figs. Thanks.

Kidhuman
11-25-2006, 03:05 PM
My league doesnt have these issues, all trades are commissioner approved, and unless you are having a fire sale, I approve all.

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks Rogue and CS!

to paraphrase the immortal words of Allen Iverson, "we're talking about fantasy football here. fan-ta-sy foot-ball....we're talking about a game. we're talking about prac-tice..." it's not even like we're in a pay for play league or if we were playing schoolyard football.

ha, i bet all sorts of trash talk would occur if we had a real life SSG flag or tackle football game! :p

Kidhuman
11-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I am down for a real game of tackle football. If I ever win a lotto with enough money I would fly people here to have a huge arsed party. Word is born son.

figrin bran
11-25-2006, 10:43 PM
i would definitely come. i'll be a shut down corner and whoever's playing QB wouldn't even dare throw to my side of the field.

figrin bran
12-07-2006, 01:44 AM
alright, do or die time. win and i go to the playoffs. lose and then i can officially call this the worst fantasy season i've ever had in all my leagues

UKWildcat
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I think the same goes for me figrin, not sure though. I forget how many teams make the playoffs in the Yahoo league, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the site. One funny thing though, I've scored the most points in the league and I have a .500 record and might not make the playoffs. lol :(

BTW, if you don't make it into the playoffs you will still win the "Most Moves" award, with 37! (and counting) :eek: ;)

Rogue II
12-07-2006, 12:11 PM
I was wondering about the playoffs, too earlier this week and it took me a while to find it...when you get to the main page that has the standings, there is a bar just above the standings that has "Standings" "Schedule" and "Playoffs" Its not on the tool bar on the top of the screen with everything else.

JetsAndHeels
12-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Playoffs??
(tries to do Jim Mora voice)

Rogue II
12-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Is it luck that I started Willie Parker this week? I benched Steven Jackson because I was afraid to start him vs. Da' Bears.

JetsAndHeels
12-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Well, at least I got some points out of Braylon Edwards for one of my other fantasy teams.
Bryant Gumbel should be removed from the commentator's booth immediately. First of all his voice sucks, his comments suck, and then he has the nerve to call out my Tarheels on the broadcast. I mean really, this guy is totally unbearable to listen to. He even makes a great guy like Collinsworth hard to deal with..he brings everyone down.

figrin bran
12-08-2006, 02:11 AM
i don't have nfl network which sounds like a good thing judging by everyone's comments but what could bryant gumbel possibly call out the tar heels for?

CaptainSolo1138
12-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Playoffs??
(tries to do Jim Mora voice)
Practice??
(Tries to do Allen Iverson voice)

UKWildcat
12-09-2006, 12:12 AM
i don't have nfl network which sounds like a good thing judging by everyone's comments but what could bryant gumbel possibly call out the tar heels for?

Not playing Willie Parker I believe it was; I try not to pay attention to Gumbel since he is downright horrendous.

figrin bran
12-09-2006, 02:04 AM
Not playing Willie Parker I believe it was; I try not to pay attention to Gumbel since he is downright horrendous.

well that's easy to say now. before last season, no one knew who Willie Parker was. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
well that's easy to say now. before last season, no one knew who Willie Parker was. :rolleyes:

He said Willie didn't get to play much at UNC...then Collinsworth said something about Carolina and Gumbel made a comment about how they were so bad they needed a new coach.
Gee, no other teams change coaches do they? :)

figrin bran
12-12-2006, 11:47 AM
we have our final four!

Metropolis Sharks vs. Darth Balls
Team R2 vs. Bith Tannen

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Thank God its over, I couldnt take it anymore

CaptainSolo1138
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Tell me about it.

Hey figgy: Did you notice by how much I slipped into the playoffs by in your league?:pleased:

UKWildcat
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM

No kidding. lol

Atleast I can say I scored the most points at the end of the regular season, with 977. And I was the only team to break 100 points. I guess it wasn't all that bad. But even with that said, I still didn't make the playoffs! :mad:

I shall get my vengeance next year.:yes: :D

figrin bran
12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Tell me about it.

Hey figgy: Did you notice by how much I slipped into the playoffs by in your league?:pleased:

arrrrggh! i've been trying to block that out from my mind! 3 points! 3 frakkin points! i'm going to blame Shaun Alexander for this and by extension, my foolhardy drafting of him despite being well aware of the Madden Curse.

Kidhuman
12-12-2006, 11:26 PM
8 teams made the playoffs, there is a consilation round for 5-8

Slicker
12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
And, of course, that puts me out of the playoffs.

If anyone wants someone on my team to help get that push through the playoffs just PM me and we can talk price.;)

figrin bran
12-13-2006, 01:29 AM
And, of course, that puts me out of the playoffs.

If anyone wants someone on my team to help get that push through the playoffs just PM me and we can talk price.;)

i want Jon Kitna! he's going to go on an absolute tear the next 2 weeks and guide me to another title! :p

on a more serious note, for next season, could we try having a keeper league since most of us have been on this board for a few years now and it might be fun to try out.

Slicker
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
i want Jon Kitna! he's going to go on an absolute tear the next 2 weeks and guide me to another title! :pSOLD!!!

What's that? You didn't get a price? Well, just to get the word around about my little endeavour I'm giving away Jon Kitna...ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

UKWildcat
12-13-2006, 01:43 AM
on a more serious note, for next season, could we try having a keeper league since most of us have been on this board for a few years now and it might be fun to try out.

Sounds good to me. I'm all for that idea.

We could also switch to cbs.sportsline but with the free league you can only start 2 WRs instead of the 3 that Yahoo allows. But the trade off is that everybody gets live scoring for free, the league would be more serious/professional (so it would seem anyways, LOL), create polls, messages, columns, etc. I'd be down for either league, but if we want to start getting more serious with it, I think something like cbs.sportsline would be the way to go. What are you guys's thoughts?

figrin bran
12-13-2006, 01:50 AM
i say we wait until next summer before deciding to switch fantasy game sites. it's free now but who knows if the free version will offer all those features next season?

UKWildcat
12-13-2006, 01:52 AM
True. If everything were to stay the same, would you want to switch? I just hate not having the live scoring at Yahoo but I'm too cheap to buy it. lol

Rogue II
12-13-2006, 11:05 AM
CBS has had free live scoring for a while. It's pretty nice. But, it has been a few years since I played on CBS.

Since we have the same basic group of guys every year, I wouldn't mind getting in a keeper league.

vader68
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
True. If everything were to stay the same, would you want to switch? I just hate not having the live scoring at Yahoo but I'm too cheap to buy it. lol

I am with you UKW, I hate not having live scoring but I don't want to pay for it. I also am in a cbs league, and I love the site. I think you get more info on players then you do from yahoo. But the league I am in is a pay league(the reason I don't want to pay for anything else if I don't have too), so I don't know if that makes a difference as far as that goes. I am also in a free AOL league, and it sucks. But I am in the playoffs in that league.

Kidhuman
12-13-2006, 04:29 PM
I think fox or ESPN runs free leagues also. I can check for next year, maybe run the baseball through it. I have the Bowl pick em league on Foxsports, so maybe we can get a feel for them there in that league. For the info to sign up, just check the College pick em thread.

CaptainSolo1138
12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
arrrrggh! i've been trying to block that out from my mind! 3 points! 3 frakkin points! i'm going to blame Shaun Alexander for this and by extension, my foolhardy drafting of him despite being well aware of the Madden Curse.Oh, snap! I didn't realize that was you figs. I hope you don't think I was rubbing it in (I thought you were Nerf Herder:confused: ).

figrin bran
12-14-2006, 10:36 PM
no, CS, in that league i'm "agalaxyfavrefavreaway". that reference to a certain QB probably did me in. :p

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 07:19 AM
Man the pick em league is tight right now between R2 and myself, I am up by two games with one left tonight that we went opposite on. If R2 loses, that could be the nail in the coffin as we pick pretty similar each week, if he wins, it willbe interesting the last 2 weeks.

figrin bran
12-19-2006, 11:45 AM
the 3rd and 4th seeds pull off upsets to reach the SSG Super Bowl!

it was a great game Rogue and certainly provided for some tense moments in last night's Colts/Bengals game. When Peyton tossed the TD to Wayne, i jumped out of my seat. Whenever Palmer would target Houshmandzadeh for a pass, i would clench my hands together.

onto the Super Bowl for a 2nd straight year! :D

JetsAndHeels
12-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I pretty much $hit the bed in this past game.
Congrats to darth balls.

JimJamBonds
12-23-2006, 11:47 PM
the 3rd and 4th seeds pull off upsets to reach the SSG Super Bowl!

onto the Super Bowl for a 2nd straight year! :D

Good luck.... just not too much luck! :p

To be honest I didn't read all the back posts so I'm not totally sure as to what the talk of going to a different site is about but the one suggestion I do have is to open up the scoring a bit. The point totals always see quite low. 50 yrds per point is a heck of a lot for passing. The other thing I'd suggest is fractional's.

figrin bran
12-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Good luck to you too JJB. but yes like you said, just not too much luck :p

I kind of like the low scores in our league

JimJamBonds
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
I kind of like the low scores in our league

I guess if you do good then it doesn't matter. :D

Kidhuman
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Quarterbacks are usually supposed ot pass for at least 200 yards which would equal 4 points for that. TD's are 6 and Int's -2. A gane with 200 yds, 2 td's and 1 int is equivelant to 14 pts, which is good for a QB.

JimJamBonds
12-24-2006, 12:22 AM
180 yards = 3 points.
180 yards = 3.76 points w/ fractionals. ;)

Kidhuman
12-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Will take into consideration for next year. Possibly .2 pts for 10 yds(which will be 1 for 50 yds)

2-1B
12-24-2006, 01:03 AM
plus another 0.4 pts deduction for every time JJB2 complains.

JimJamBonds
12-25-2006, 12:23 AM
And -0.42 for each time Julius busts my chops.

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I was in 3 FF leagues this season and I made it to the Super Bowl in two of them so I should be happy right??? Ohh except I got rocked in both of them! I guess the one good thing is I was beaten so bad it wouldn't have mattered who I played I would have lost reguardless. :squareeye

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 02:54 AM
JJB, you ran into the defending champs, that's all :p

Back to back SSG Super Bowl wins!!!!!!! :D

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
JJB, you ran into the defending champs, that's all :p

Back to back SSG Super Bowl wins!!!!!!! :D

I WAS the defending champ in my work league. :cry: Ohh well I still made money in that league and besides this is Our Country.

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 11:03 AM
You were a great opponent, JJB. thanks for a great matchup and like you said, This is Our Country!

I guess i get to keep that Favre figure after :p all http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/mcfarlaneonline_1927_13954426

JimJamBonds
12-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I wouldn't waste two cents on that hunk of junk.

This Is Our Country.

figrin bran
12-26-2006, 11:47 PM
sour grapes! sour grapes! :p

JimJamBonds
12-27-2006, 09:12 AM
sour grapes! sour grapes! :p

Nope, I just don't think its a very good product, also despite living the heart of Packer country I don't worship at the alter of #4.

Also I almost forgot... This Is Our Country.

figrin bran
12-27-2006, 11:43 AM
for the record,

KH, i would like to donate a Favre figure i picked up on clearance at WM as a prize to the winner of our league.

Sounds good FB, will take ya up on that. Great prize for the Favre Lives winner

UKWildcat
12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Out of the 3 leagues I did this year I actually won one, although it wasn't the big one that paid out $500. The one I did win pays out $160 though, so I'm pretty excitied about that. :thumbsup:

I came in 7th in our SSG league.:sad:

Kidhuman
12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Better than me, at least Cappy was around so I didnt completely suck it up.

figrin bran
12-28-2006, 10:29 PM
So...errr...ummmmmm...don't all congratulate me all at once now, you hear? :p

note to self: remember this apparent snubbery as you're going for the Threepeat next season :D

oh well, at least Peyton Manning sent his congratulations and said that i was his favorite SSG poster. :p

Rogue II
12-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh, um....yeah, congrats FB.

I'm just ticked off that all 3 of my teams lost in the first round of the playoffs, but all 3 won in the consolation bracket. One of my leagues still plays this weekend.

Kidhuman
12-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Yay!!!! FB won, anohter disappointing season for me......enjoy your Favre figure.

UKWildcat
12-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats figrin!!! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks Rogue, KH and UKW!

so that Favre figure seemed like a good idea at the time but now that i'm stuck with it, i'm stuck with it.

Kidhuman
12-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, we can always put it up for grabs again next year.

figrin bran
12-30-2006, 11:34 PM
KH, i'll keep it as a momento. besides, you're probably going to think of some other name for next season's league, right? :p

i still believe Brett will be playing though.

Kidhuman
12-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Probably will have a different name like The Favre from the black lagoon.

Tiki Barber has his best game of the year and there was no Fantasy football this week. That bites

Well, with theGiants winning I am assured a tie in the pick em league with Rouge II as I am one game up now and we went opposite on the Ten/NE game. NEver thought I would say htins, but go Pats.

CaptainSolo1138
12-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Better than me, at least Cappy was around so I didnt completely suck it up.
That's the b**ch about fantasy football. I bet all three of my teams this year were about 75% the same, yet I finished last in the SSG league, 4th in figgy's league and 2nd in a buddy's league. Weird...

Speaking of your league, figgy, I say we DON'T let my brother play next year.:p

figrin bran
01-01-2007, 02:22 AM
i agree, CS. let's not let your brother play next year. :p

and i'll never again pick a Madden Cursed player.

Kidhuman
01-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Winner and Champ of the 2006 pick em league.......ME!!!!!

Rogue II
01-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Good Job, KH.

Kidhuman
01-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey R2, maybe next year we should rack up in Vegas since we did so good this year.

Rogue II
01-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Lots of sports books advertise their weekly NFL pool. There are some pretty big prizes. And obviously, they use the spread. I hear they are pretty competitive.

figrin bran
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
even though i didn't participate in the picks league, congratulations KH!

Kidhuman
01-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Thanks FB, this person didnt even offer a first place prize.

Rogue II
01-02-2007, 10:39 AM
even though i didn't participate in the picks league, congratulations KH!

It was a good battle. KH and I were neck and neck for a while, then I had a bad week. I came back and tied it up in week 16. For some reason, I tried to pick a couple upsets (Titans and Redskins) and it came back to bite me in the rump.

Thanks FB, this person didnt even offer a first place prize.

What a cheap bastard. I have a Brett Favre All-Pro magnet if you want it.:thumbsup:

vader68
01-02-2007, 11:59 AM
A late congrats FB on winning. I just got rid of the inlaws:D they were here for almost 2 weeks, and they stay in the room where my computer is, so I have not been able to use it. ANyway congrats on the win, back to the drawing board for me. My worst season since I have started playing. Didn't make the playoffs in all 3 leagues I was in. First time that has happened. :sad:

figrin bran
01-02-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks vader68! i don't have inlaws yet but if i did, 2 weeks with them would probably be enough to make me want to jump off a bridge! :p congratulations on surviving what i'm sure must've been a very long 2 weeks!

our league notwithstanding, this was one of my worst fantasy seasons as well...only made the upper tier playoffs in our league. had to rely on Tiki Barber's week 17 to lift me from last place to 11th place in a friend's league. the other 2 leagues i was in, i "won" the lower bracket playoffs to finish 5th.

Slicker
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Thank God for J&H. If not for that gent I think I would've sucked hind titty

Kidhuman
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
It was a good battle. KH and I were neck and neck for a while, then I had a bad week. I came back and tied it up in week 16. For some reason, I tried to pick a couple upsets (Titans and Redskins) and it came back to bite me in the rump.

Yeah, I was shocked that you caught me being 5 or 6 games up in week 15. Great battle all season long.

What a cheap bastard. I have a Brett Favre All-Pro magnet if you want it.:thumbsup:

Sure, send it my way

vader68
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
thanks vader68! i don't have inlaws yet but if i did, 2 weeks with them would probably be enough to make me want to jump off a bridge! :p congratulations on surviving what i'm sure must've been a very long 2 weeks!.

You have no idea, It was an eternity. But the wife and kids were happy to see them. The sacrifices we have to makelol

figrin bran
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM

i could join next year! i'm absolutely terrible at picking games.

Slicker
01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
i could join next year! i'm absolutely terrible at picking games.My real problem is that I try to pick too many upset games to try and get ahead and then they backfire on me. If I straight picked the favored team I probably could've done alot better.

Now the point spread in the college one is a whole different story...

JetsAndHeels
01-03-2007, 01:26 PM

Thanks!!

I think....