PDA

View Full Version : Hayden Christensen Wins at MTV Movie Awards

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Hayden Christensen Wins at MTV Movie Awards

Star Wars: Episode III's only win of the night at the 15th MTV Movie Awards was Hayden's "Best Villain" award.

Christensen won the 'Best Villain' award for his portrayal of the fallen Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Ep III was nominated in 2 other categories - Ewan McGregor for 'Best Hero', and Ewan & Hayden for 'Best Fight' - but was beaten Christian Bale in Batman Begins and - if you can believe it - Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt in Mr & Mrs Smith. The awards show was hosted by Jessica Alba, who is Hayden's co-star in his new upcoming movie "Awake". The show was pre-taped on Saturday, June 3rd, and will air on MTV this Thursday, June 8th.

Slicker
06-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I cannot BELIEVE that Obers and Ani didn't win best fight!! It's only a fight that people have been waiting for for over 20 YEARS and they get beaten by the flash in the pan couple of the year.:rolleyes:

Rocketboy
06-05-2006, 04:55 PM
*ahem* (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31747)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
It's automated whenever I make a news post.

Plus, I don't pay attention to anybody who references that stupid "I'm the Juggernaut *****" video, that thing is just stupid. ;)

Yeah, I couldn't believe that Brangelina beat the fight, and none of the other nods looked even close either:
Kong vs. The Planes - King Kong
Stephen Chow vs. Axe Gang - Kung Fu Hustle
Angelina Jolie vs. Brad Pitt - Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Ewan McGregor vs. Hayden Christensen - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Rocketboy
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
It's automated whenever I make a news post. Suuuuuuure it is.

Plus, I don't pay attention to anybody who references that stupid "I'm the Juggernaut *****" video, that thing is just stupid. ;)You are now the enemy.
I may just have to challenge you to a duel.

TheDarthVader
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
At least Star Wars won something. I would have liked to see Kong win the fight, but I would have picked the t-rex fight.

Banthaholic
06-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I'm glad Star Wars walked away with something, even if it is the MTV Movie awards. They should have won best, I saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith yesterday and the fight between Brad & Angelina isn't even the best in the film. Obi/Anakin rocked them.

My props to Hayden and from what I read he gave props to Mr. Lucas.

2-1B
06-06-2006, 01:25 AM
So Hayders showed up to accept the award ?

2-1B
06-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Is anybody going to be watching this garbage tonight ? If so, could you do me a huge solid and post the approximate running time that they do H Christ's category ? :)
I have to work and I don't feel like taping it to FF through for just a few snippets (sorry, I don't have DVR :D ) so if anybody happens across this thread before then and can post some info, I can tune in during one of the 100 repeat showings. :thumbsup: Thanks!

2-1B
06-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Well, I can't say I agree with Hayden's fashion sense ;) but I like how humble he seems. He seems to be outside the whole Hollywood thing and I dig that. :thumbsup:

Ahhhh, what's up with the flornbi from Fallout Boy who served as a guest """reporter""" (triple quotes to press the liberal interpretation of that word :D ). That guy's interviews of Carell and Hayden were ridiculous (yet totally in line with what I would expect from MTV :crazed: ).

Hmmmm, 3 consecutive posts by me in this thread. Probably because it's only me and a bunch of teenage girls who are actually fans of Hayders. lol

I believe Jim Jam is boycotting this program (and thread) based on Samuel L. Jackson and Jango Fett getting snubbed for the Best Fight category at the 2003 awards....right Jim Jam ? ? ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

JimJamBonds
06-10-2006, 12:27 AM
I believe Jim Jam is boycotting this program (and thread) based on Samuel L. Jackson and Jango Fett getting snubbed for the Best Fight category at the 2003 awards....right Jim Jam ? ? ? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Actually the boycot goes back to the 2000 awards were Jar Jar/Sebulba got snubbed for Best Fight.