PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP-Giant Man Wave

jedi master sal
06-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Can ANYONE hook me up with this wave?

I need one complete set, plus an extra Cap Brit (and I think one other).

I've still NEVER seen this wave here in Pittsburgh.

If you can hook me up with even SOME of them, let me know (please PM me).

I'm looking to build the Giant-man fig, and split the regular figures between myself and my fianceť.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Sal

El Chuxter
06-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I'll watch for them, but I honestly have no clue what's going on. I've seen Sabretooth a couple of times, and Captain Britain, Weapon X (standard), Warbird, and Havok once. I hope this doesn't become another Ephant Mon type distribution fiasco.

El Chuxter
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Sadly enough, I have seen no more of the Giant Man Wave, and found the entire Onslaught Wave (minus variants) at two different TRU's earlier today. Is the Giant Man Wave still shipping? (I'll be p***ed if I miss Kitty Pryde and end up with only the bottom half of Giant Man.)

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I finally found Weapon X yesterday. Awesome figure. Came with Giant Man's boot too. Not as exciting as a Sentinel or Apocalypse piece.

jedi master sal
06-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I too found all of Onslaught wave, also minus variants.

I got lucky this weekend and found many of the Giant-man wave. It wasn't here in Pittsburgh, but rather all along the way across the state to Harrisburg. I stopped at 5 WM's and at 4 of them found the Giant man wave. I didn't get them all though.

I''m still in need of Thor, Havok and the two variants.
If anyone can hook me up???

-Sal

DarthBrandon
06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I too found all of Onslaught wave, also minus variants.

I got lucky this weekend and found many of the Giant-man wave. It wasn't here in Pittsburgh, but rather all along the way across the state to Harrisburg. I stopped at 5 WM's and at 4 of them found the Giant man wave. I didn't get them all though.

I''m still in need of Thor, Havok and the two variants.
If anyone can hook me up???

-Sal

Geeze I hope this comes here, I'm still in need of all of them. lol

evenflow
06-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I still have yet to see this wave. No luck at all. I did find 13 today, no variants though.

Reefer Shark
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I've seen them all!!! ...at a collector scalper joint for $20 - $30 each... :tired:

As far as retail goes, I have seen ZERO Giant Man wave, not one figure. But I did come across a few Onslaught in the last few days at a few TRU's (no variants, and no Goblins at all...).

I folded and ended up ordering a Weapon X set (variant and regular) off ebay for around $20... I hope to find the rest of the Giant Man wave at close to retail price, but I'm not too confident that will happen. :(

jedi master sal
06-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I was out of town this weekend and stopped at the 5 WM's along the way. Glad I did! I found 7 of the Giant Man wave.

All I need now are Thor, Havok, AOA Wolvie Variant, and Sentry Variant.

I've pieced together Giant Man as much as I can up til this point and he looks awesome!!! Of the figures I need, I'm missing both the Hands and the Left Upper Leg of Giant Man to complete the figure.

So after this luck, I went to my local WM. No luck in fact I was practically chastised by the Toy Dept Asst manager. Long story, btu I went to the store manager and relayed what happened citing that I'm KNOWN as one fo the good collectors and gave him three names of this store's employees who I've specifically helped out, if he wanted confirmation to my claim. Cool thing was after I did that, he seemed to know who I was and was willing to help me out. He even checked his manifest and gave me a call abotu an hour later. Said the store had two cases on order but didn't know when they'd get them in, but that he'd hold onto my number for me and if he sees them in time would give me a ring to come in and buy them.

While I won't hold my breath here, it WAS nice to see management doing right by a collector for a change. (Well it might have also helped that I told him about the hundreds of $ in toys I spent for the ROTS release and the literally thousands on all other products besides toys at his store.) Money talks and BS walks...

-Sal

LTBasker
07-09-2006, 05:32 PM
You all might want to start checking your Wal-Marts now, the local one has an endcap section that was holding the new Unleashed figures for awhile. Now they've moved the last of the Unleashed to the figure aisle and put 5 cases of the Giant-man wave on the endcap with what appears to be 2x variant Wolvie and Sentry in each one as well as plenty of Kitty Prydes and others.

Reefer Shark
07-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I actually got lucky about a week ago and found almost the entire wave at Wal-Mart in the morning. It looked like it was a fresh case or two that was put out (they still had the packing tissue on them - I love that!). They had one or two of each except the girls and variant Wolverine. I ended up passing on the regular version of Sentry since they had the same Giant Man piece.

Then I managed to get the three they didn't have pretty cheap on ebay. Just waiting for Kitty Pryde and Warbird to show up now and I can build my Giant Man!

Kidhuman
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I found JJReason just aboot all of them including the Sentry Variant in one shot. The only two missing were Kitty and burnt Wolvie.