PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us Splitting From Amazon This July

JediTricks
06-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Toys R Us Splitting From Amazon This July

July 1st, the Toys "R" Us website will be no longer affiliated with e-tailer giant Amazon.com.

Since 2000, Amazon.com has been handling the ToysRUs.com website orders and product fulfillment, but after a court decision last March allowed TRU to separate themselves from Amazon, the toy giant has plans to "seemlessly transition" their ToysRUs.com website to a new platform for the company's online business on July 1st of this year.

The new Toys "R" Us website will use services from company GSI Commerce - as TRU's press release puts it, "a leading provider of e-commerce solutions" - for customer service and site technology, and order fulfillment services will be handled by Exel - "a leading North American contract logistics provider". How this transition is to affect current preorders, especially those of TRU-exclusive sets, is not yet known.

Thanks to mygft2give for pointing out the news.

JediTricks
06-06-2006, 06:03 PM
UPDATE - On the issue of TRU-exclusives and preorders, Toys R Us was able to get back to us. The new toysrus.com website will indeed carry Hasbro Star Wars items exclusive to Toys R us. Also, anybody who has currently preordered a Hasbro Star Wars Toys R Us exclusive which hasn't been received by July 1st will be getting an email from the new toysrus.com letting them know what they'll need to do.

Jargo
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
gosh. that's a big move. gonna hit amazon in the financial nads I'll bet.

so who actually owns TRU now? what's their long term plan and how small will their toy section get? last time I was in TRU here you couldn't move for electronic goods and BabiesRus. in fact it was more like ToysaRen'tus.

waboritas
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Fine by me. The majority of the stuff on the site is from other etailers and not TRU direct.

jedi master sal
06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Fine by me. The majority of the stuff on the site is from other etailers and not TRU direct.

I agree. It's a bit disheartening to see Brian's Toys stuff being sold under the banner of TRU/Amazon, for instance.

I just wonder how this is going to affect all of those orders though...man I'm glad I didn't order the Grievous pack. I'd have been one POed puppy.

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 09:21 PM
so who actually owns TRU now? what's their long term plan and how small will their toy section get? last time I was in TRU here you couldn't move for electronic goods and BabiesRus. in fact it was more like ToysaRen'tus.A german investment group called KKR, along with some partners. TRU also separated from Babies R Us since BRU was actually profitable and they wanted it to not get pulled down by TRU (how sad is that?). TRU has a section of electronics and DVDs, but are mostly toys now (here in the US).