PDA

View Full Version : "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Trailer is up.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/tcm_thebeginning/hd/

Same cast, location, and atmosphere as the remake. I'm pretty excited.

Thoughts? :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-07-2006, 01:30 AM
I can't view it, something about a bad public movie atom. :(

I'll probably see it for the hell of it but I'm not expecting much. The first remake had some problems...

Darth Jax
06-07-2006, 08:44 AM
i'm all for sequels to horror flicks, otherwise whats the fun of a villian that won't die. but why do they feel they have to remake or "reimagine" them all. between this, dawn of the dead, THHE, the new F13 and Zombie making a halloween to fit between 1 and 2 it's just too much. come on you managed to give us hostel and the multiple saws recently - hollywood you can make horror that isn't a remake of a bad japanese film or redoing what was done in the 70's. now that i've finished my rant i do have to admit that i'll see them. call me a sheep or lemming, but if my viewing helps show there is a market for horror i'll keep going, besides its so much better to watch and laugh at others than to see it sitting on my couch.

2-1B
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Zombie's Halloween is going to take place between 1 and 2 ? :confused:
How's that gonna work, is it going to be a 1 minute movie ? :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
06-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Interesting, it says the trailer is only available to view between 10pm and 4am...well I will just check it out later on tonight.

UKWildcat
06-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Here is some info on the Rob Zombie Halloween (http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20060605/114949502600.html) movie. Sounds like it is not going to be a sequel, prequel or a remake; just a brand new vision/movie with just the Michael Myers character.

I saw the TTCM: The Beginning trailer last night. It looks alright. It does remind me a lot of the remake but I guess that is understandable if it is the same location and cast. R. Lee Ermey is a piece of work. I will definitely see this flick but the reviews will probably determine whether I see it in the theaters or not.

2-1B
06-07-2006, 12:34 PM
That's the article I saw on Halloween too, UKW. :) I like how the article inaccurately refers to H20 being the last one...must've forgot about Resurrection. lol

CaptainSolo1138
06-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Here is where I saw the "risque" trailer:

http://wwtdd.com/index.php?type=box&p=tcm.shtml

I don't understand what's so horrible about it. Especially since it was obviously approved my the powers that be.

Darth Jax
06-07-2006, 08:34 PM
nothing overly objectionable in the trailer. but if you say it can only be viewed between certain hours it adds to the intrigue and more want to see it cause it's 'taboo.' i'd read a similar article (but not quite as in-depth) where they interviewed RZ but couldn't remember where i'd seen it when i posted earlier so no link. as caesar pointed out they didn't do a very good job checking facts since they left out mention of resurrection.