PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed Battle Pack Playsets

SirSteve
06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Take a look at two new Evacuation at Echo Base and Snowspeeder Assault Unleashed Battle Packs Playsets from Hasbro.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=61

El Chuxter
06-07-2006, 04:56 PM
These do look a lot nicer than the Unleashed Battle Packs we've seen so far, but the fact that there are even pictures of these makes me wonder if Hasbro's actually paying attention to the sales (or lack thereof) of the 2" False Unleashed line.

And from looking at the not-entirely exaggerated figures, I can't help but wonder also what exactly makes these "Unleashed"?

Rocketboy
06-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Much better than the previous carppy mini Unleashed, but I still don't see myself buying them.

Though they remind me of the old school metal Star Wars Micro sets.

figrin bran
06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
i actually bought one of each of the mini unleashed sets, minus the utapau warriors. how are these ever going to make it to the pegs when the old sets are clogging the pegs?

jedi master sal
06-08-2006, 08:24 AM
i actually bought one of each of the mini unleashed sets, minus the utapau warriors. how are these ever going to make it to the pegs when the old sets are clogging the pegs?

They will but it's going to take some time I bet...sigh

Warstar
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
...hooray for the AF Snowspeeder re-release!

The Titanium mold was better though...even if the figures inside it were awful :p

JediTricks
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
...hooray for the AF Snowspeeder re-release!

The Titanium mold was better though...even if the figures inside it were awful :pYeah, they're getting their money's worth out of these old galoob molds! :D

What makes me sad about this line is that if they put a little more value into the packages (more figures, more playset environment areas) and had not usurped the fan-favorite "Unleashed" name for this brand, I think they would have had a fun "Little Green Army Men" type of line here.

darktrooper7
06-10-2006, 07:41 PM
The diehard unleashed collectors might not like these, but a ton of other people will, especially those Action Fleet collectors who cant stand what hasbro is doing with the Ultra Titanium line!

Kidhuman
06-11-2006, 02:34 AM
I liked it better when they were called Micro Machine playsets.

Slicker
06-11-2006, 01:29 PM
I liked it better when they were called Micro Machine playsets.I second that.

I do like these ones though mainly becaue they're OT. I just can't seem to get into much of anything that consists of exclusively the PT.

Rogue II
07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
$22 each for these playsets and another $10 for four figures. Is it just me or does this line seem a bit overpriced?

Jango Speck
07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, these are designed to sit on a shelf- no J-hooks to hang on the pegs. So, more stuff cluttering up the whole area.

figrin bran
07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Rogue II, $10 for the figures is actually pretty good i think. then again, i paid $10 for only 3 figures in the lotr aome line time and time again and so that's where i'm coming from.

i saw these sets and would actually pick them up if it weren't for the $22 pricetag!