PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Image and Review "Plug"

Sith Lord 0498
06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Just wanted to let my fellow forumites know that Yodasnews.com just posted my extended review for the 12 inch Anakin Skywalker figure. It's a Yodasnews exclusive, so please head on over and check it out!!

http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06_9.htm

It also includes pictures that I took of the figure as well as a handful of Photoshop composites I've done with Anakin. Here's a sneak peek:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/SithLord0498/composite04x.jpg

Unfortunately, we can't post image links "in thread" anymore... :(

AmanaMatt
06-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the awsome review. The day I got to Ca to visit the folks, my Anakin arrived in Dallas - kinda cool knowing he is waiting for me when I do get home.

The paint job on the face bugs: hair and lips are too dark, but as a whole, he seems good - just not the 'homerun out of the park' SS Luke was. I will reserve final judgment when I get to see mine in person.

Sith Lord 0498
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the awsome review. The day I got to Ca to visit the folks, my Anakin arrived in Dallas - kinda cool knowing he is waiting for me when I do get home.

The paint job on the face bugs: hair and lips are too dark, but as a whole, he seems good - just not the 'homerun out of the park' SS Luke was. I will reserve final judgment when I get to see mine in person.

This was true for me...the longer I have him, the better it is. But I will be doing the plumbers putty trick that Dave Myatt from RS spoke of to get rid of the lip gloss. The color doesn't bug me too much but the shine does.

I probably should've held off on publishing the review for another day because I think I would've bumped up the articulation score a bit. It's just that stinkin' arm!! :)

AmanaMatt
06-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I am glad I know about the arm issue now, before I opened mine up, otherwise I may have freaked.

Just one more day until flying home, then I get to check mine out.

Jayspawn
06-14-2006, 05:44 PM
I just got mine in the mail today! (along with Luke!) I love looking at it -still undecided wether I want to open him or not. The figure and the package look awesome! :D

Tycho
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I just got my Anakin a few minutes ago.

I too love the packaging and the box. I read all the bio-details. Cool stuff about even Luke and the NJO on there.

Anakin looks great IMO - not perfect, true. But it's hard to tell until I open him up (I'll do that later. I've been sick and I'm going to try to go to the post office today to mail my father's day stuff belatedly.)

So far, I'm not diappointed in SideShow. This is my first one. I ordered:

Anakin
2 Obi-Wans (SSE and Reg)
Kit Fisto
Han Solo Bespin (SSE)

I'm waiting for a:

Red Chancellor Palpatine / Sidious
Padme figure in an outfit Hasbro didn't already do
Princess Leia - Bespin red gown
Lando General
Nute Gunray
Captain Panaka

a few others here and there. I'm not ordering every one to "collect them."

I'll post more about Anakin later when I open him up.

Tycho
06-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Anakin's awesome. I'm very pleased I bought this!

AmanaMatt
06-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Well, I ended up repainting the lips on mine and used Goof Off to remove a good portion of the dark brown paint on his hair, and left the lighter brown below - to me, looks great. Pretty close to the box art....once I get my digital camera, I'll post pics...

nash
06-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Well, I ended up repainting the lips on mine and used Goof Off to remove a good portion of the dark brown paint on his hair, and left the lighter brown below - to me, looks great. Pretty close to the box art....once I get my digital camera, I'll post pics...

cant wait to see this. im also considering having one of mine repainted

Jayspawn
06-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I like my Anakin just the way he is. I dont like his right arm though -falls off WAY too easily! Other than that -awesome!

Jayspawn
06-30-2006, 11:16 AM
ALRIGHT! Anakin is going back in the box!

Great figure, but the arm effects his pose/playability too easily.

Luke is near perfect though.

Tycho
06-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I've had no trouble with mine. I don't "play" with him though. He's merely opened and on display (waiting for Obi-Wan to join him).

Jayspawn
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan the most. I was able to get the Exclusive (before Sideshow banned me from getting them again)(?). But I'm gonna open him anyways.

Tycho
07-03-2006, 12:34 AM
How'd you get banned from being a paying customer at SideShow?

That doesn't make any sense.

But yeah - Obi-Wan is the best one they've offered by far. I actually ordered 2 to open both of them - one to fight Anakin in a display, and one to face off with Hasbro's General Grievous (he'll borrow a ROTS line from Anakin: "General Grievous: you're shorter than I expected.") Haha.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Sideshow banned me from getting them again

I am intrigued, please elaborate.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Turns out that Anakin can be just as creepy WITHOUT Sith eyes!!

Luuuuuuke
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
I agree that Obi Wan looks to be the best. I had him ordered but because of a snafu I cancelled it, and am now on the waitlist. Hope my order goes through.

Today got the Sideshow Anakin Sith Apprentice from a friend who went to Comi-Con. Looks great. Not as menacing looking as the photos suggest though. Still, really like him.