PDA

View Full Version : General Windu's Squadron!

Battle Droid
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Mace_Windus_Squadron_Revealed_98841.asp

Banthaholic
06-08-2006, 04:13 PM
This is interesting news. I guess with the starfighter and all it's obvious that Mace likes Purple :)

More clones are always welcome in my collection. The purple deco is interesting. I have a feeling this one will look nice packaged, then again we've got some nice dispaying battle packs so far so it wouldn't surprise me for the trend to continue.

I like the soft goods on Mace. I'm a kid that bought ROTJ figures so when soft goods came out away from the vinal capes it was a good thing. So anytime I see them used well in the modern line I like it.

DarkArtist
06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
i'm excited about the airborne assualt trooper with removable helmet. might have to score two of these sets so that i can customize one for commander fox. but knowing my luck hasbro will release him in 2007.:twisted:

VidKidd
06-08-2006, 04:43 PM
this set is freaking awsome. I like it alot, and seeing as how i dont open, i may need to buy to so i can open one, i like the purple clones.....alot :D anyhow, i work at target so as soon as i know a release dat eill post it up, but im suree itll be about anothe two months before our system hast the set date up.

tagmac
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Now that they have the mold for the helmet of that clone commander, they need to give us the Utapau medic clone, to give us the movie-accurate version of that figure.

Slicker
06-08-2006, 05:37 PM
They're typical clones. *shrugs*

I'm never happy with the fact that we get every stupid clone variation (and even these purple "flamboyant clones") yet we don't get more ewoks.

I hate the ewoks but they are definitely the lesser of two evils when it comes to lame *** clones.

Darth Cruel
06-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Ummm...purple? Oh well...we knew it was Mace's squadron so we should have known they would be purple. Now I am going to need ten of these to add a tier to the formation stand...I wonder if I will be getting 19 to make a Tier for the airborn guy. I almost hope he is not SA.

trandoshan666
06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
This looks okay, but it's going to be wait and see for me.

dindae
06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I like the Airborne sculpt but non movie clones don't thrill me. Mace Windu is slowly turning into the Purple Pie Man.

Daryl VayDar
06-08-2006, 07:11 PM
This looks pretty cool, though I wish they would have kit-bashed us a new and improved Mace. I'm surprised that the airborne trooper design is being introduced here and not as the Utapau clone, but I'm sure that it will follow. It looks like they jazzed up the SA clones with some purple shoulder pads(Bacara's?), makes the whole crew look a bit more rugged, offsetting that intimidating;) purple a bit! Looking forward to this set for sure.

figrin bran
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
i'm vehemently opposed to everything that's associated with mace being purple but i really want that airborne trooper and so i'll probably trade off the purple clones if anyone is interested?

jedi master sal
06-08-2006, 11:06 PM
i'm vehemently opposed to everything that's associated with mace being purple but i really want that airborne trooper and so i'll probably trade off the purple clones if anyone is interested?

I AM!!! What would you want in trade??

I'm looking forward to this set. I'm thinking I'll get four sets of these. 1 MIB, 3 open, with two of the three "commanders" to be put on reserve as possible Utapau customs. Thus leaving me with a commander and 6 clones. (Plus any Figrin Bran migth trade to me).

I've got a sneaking suspiscion(sp?) thought that the Airborne trooper is the AT-TE gunner mold, just with extras and a different helmet...

In a way I hope so, then I'll only get two sets and hope like hell Hasbro will make an SA Utapau Airborne trooper.

Put me down for that trade Figrin!!

-Sal

Phantom-like Menace
06-08-2006, 11:22 PM
This set is going to be awesome. It's about time we got the airborne trooper. I'm that strange guy who doesn't like the removable helmets, though. However I'll suffer them if need be.

It seems to me, though, that the guaranteed sell that is a clone is good for everyone. People who like clones get clones. Hasbro is guaranteed to make money and there is then a more likely chance of seeing figures and products that would have less chance of being made. People who don't like clones benefit from Hasbro's greater likelihood of making riskier figures. If they weren't releasing more clones, then it would be the ninth consecutive re-release of RotS Anakin anyway, so why not more clones?

VidKidd
06-08-2006, 11:40 PM
I love this set. In fact so much ill buy at least two. im not an opener, BUT...
i love the way the purple clones look so ill need a 2nd one to open it up. :D

El Chuxter
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm with Slick. I like EU, I like Clones, but enough already! I refuse to shell out inflated amounts of money for the Clone Color Variant DuJour and have to spend even more because he's only available with a repack of a figure that sucked donkey crotch the first time around.

figrin bran
06-09-2006, 01:06 AM
I AM!!! What would you want in trade??

Put me down for that trade Figrin!!

-Sal

i'll keep ya in mind then. i'm not really sure what i would want but i'll let you know when these sets are released. btw, did you ever get any extra skirmish sets? i'm still holding a senate pod for you as well as some blue holo stormtroopers and rebel troopers if you still need them.

Adam
06-09-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm all over this. I have no problem with SA Clones, they're always welcome in my collection. The Mace is nice too, cloak covers that figure's terrible looking joints. :D

jedi master sal
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
i'll keep ya in mind then. i'm not really sure what i would want but i'll let you know when these sets are released. btw, did you ever get any extra skirmish sets? i'm still holding a senate pod for you as well as some blue holo stormtroopers and rebel troopers if you still need them.

Still trying to get a few more Skirmish sets and then I'll be ready to trade up. Please remind me again near the end of the month as that's when I expect I'll be ready to trade for those. Oh and yes, I need those holos. Thanks.

TheDarthVader
06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Hmmm. More Clones...in a battle pack. *YAWN*

JON9000
06-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I just won't be satisfied until Clones are produced in every color of the Crayola 64 pallette box. I especially am looking forward to clones in hot pink, also known as "The Hunt for More Money" variant. Sigh. the Airborne dude is cool, so why not make them movie clones? and I like Mace with the cloak. I hope he comes out on a card. I never understood why the Maces so far came without a cloak, as he is wearing a cloak throughout the film.

mtriv73
06-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm buying 2 sets (at least.) I'll keep one in all it's purple majesty so I can look back in 5 years and say "What the **** was I thinking?" The rest are getting painted up. I agree that enough is enough with EU clones (especially when there are movie clones they haven't made yet,) but I have to have the airbourne trooper.

Dark Marble
06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I think this pack looks awesome, and Mace is one of my favorite characters so I am going to get two of these I think. Purple clones, why not?

kool-aid killer
06-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I like Maces cloak, and the new clone helmet, but like you guys im a little bit bummed that his troops are going to have a purple design to them. I guess it helps make them all look a little different, but at least show them in a comic or something. I plan on getting one, maybe two, though.

Luuuuuuke
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
One thing doesn't make sense to me: Shouldn't this battlepack have a combination of 5 figures/items like the other battlepacks?

So far the pictures show only 4. I wonder what's the chance this set will include another clone.

Daryl VayDar
06-09-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't think the picture is really a...picture. It almost looks to me like an odd cut-and-paste deal, like maybe someone tried to isolate the figure pictures from a package shot. The edges are all choppy and strange. I'd guess it'll be Mace, the Airborne Trooper and 3 purple SA's.

Luuuuuuke
06-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I don't think the picture is really a...picture. It almost looks to me like an odd cut-and-paste deal, like maybe someone tried to isolate the figure pictures from a package shot. The edges are all choppy and strange. I'd guess it'll be Mace, the Airborne Trooper and 3 purple SA's.

That makes sense. I doubt they'd just put out a 4-figure Battlepack after going with 5 figures up to now. Unless I'm mistaken the other SW site essentially reported it would be 4 figures. I guess they took the picture literally.

Darth Cruel
06-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Skirmish in the senate was 4 figures. 4 figures = 20.00, 5 figures =25.00 (unless it is a K-Mart exclusive battle pack...then it is 5 figures - 30.00).

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I wonder if the pack in will be a Prince action figure to go along with the Purple theme because that's what it has become THE PURPLE THEME. While hasbro's at it they should throw some 24's on Maces Starfigther to give it some BLING!! I didn't like Sam playing Mace it just wasn't a part that was meant for him and I can just kick Lucas's *** for letting Sam pick his saber color. :rolleyes:

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Skirmish in the senate was 4 figures. 4 figures = 20.00, 5 figures =25.00 (unless it is a K-Mart exclusive battle pack...then it is 5 figures - 30.00).

Oh I realize the Skirmish set was 4 figures, that's why I said all the battlepacks have a combination of both figures and items(such as a senate pod) that adds up to 5. And that's regardless of the price--whether it's $20, $25 or $30.

So my guess is there's another figure or item in the Mace Squadron battlepack.

As for the color purple and Mace himself, I wasn't crazy about Samuel L. Jackson in the role. He was dull and plodding and totally unlikeable. I only felt bad for Mace when he got his hand sliced off because it was so pathetic. Before that I just thought he was a royal a-hole. The purple color doesn't really bother me too much.

Darth Cruel
06-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Oh I realize the Skirmish set was 4 figures, that's why I said all the battlepacks have a combination of both figures and items(such as a senate pod) that adds up to 5. And that's regardless of the price--whether it's $20, $25 or $30.

So my guess is there's another figure or item in the Mace Squadron battlepack.

As for the color purple and Mace himself, I wasn't crazy about Samuel L. Jackson in the role. He was dull and plodding and totally unlikeable. I only felt bad for Mace when he got his hand sliced off because it was so pathetic. Before that I just thought he was a royal a-hole. The purple color doesn't really bother me too much.

You may be right (and I hope you are). I just hope that the new Clone figure is not the gimme in this pack...but I cannot think of a pack-in for the set. I would be all the way cool with another trooper...either one of them.

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2006, 02:01 AM
I would be all the way cool with another trooper...either one of them.

I feel the same way. I wouldn't be su rprised if they just included another one of those purple shocktroopers.

I'm pretty dissapointment-proof. I just don't expect the perfect battlepack to come our way. All of the battlepacks have been a compromise so far. The Jedi Temple Assault had Anakin and a Clone Pilot(which made no sense). The Skirmish set had Palpy and Yoda. The Coruscant battlepack was pretty cool, but instead of using the #6 or #41 clonetrooper mold, they used the inferior Jet Pack trooper mold for the gray clones. And for an opener like myself, I have to admit I like The Hunt for Grievous more in the package than I do opened because the 3 blue Arc troopers have crappy poseability.

I won't even mention the non-clone battlepacks, those are really spotty. Of course if you're a completist you're bound to be more dissapointed because you're going to feel compelled to buy something even if you don't think it sucks.

Daryl VayDar
06-10-2006, 04:39 PM
oooo- wait a sec- I bet the un-pictured element of the pack is either Whoopi Goldburg or maybe even...Oprah!:laugh:

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 12:48 AM
oooo- wait a sec- I bet the un-pictured element of the pack is either Whoopi Goldburg or maybe even...Oprah!:laugh:Harpo!!!!!:pleased:

Darth Cruel
06-11-2006, 05:06 AM
A couple of shots of Mace's Squadron according to the CW cartoon.

Jargo
06-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Salmon pink how - delightful.

I'm waiting for the eco clonetroopers with lime green and orange and dark blue jagged camo, with water firing backpack. The droid packed in with him changes colour when hit with water.
And the comanion set with green gloop clonetrooper who has a cannon that fires green gloop at battle droids, he'd be painted black and lime green with daglo yellow splotches.
Then there's the aquatrooper in pale blue and white swirly patterns who 'ACTUALLY FLOATS!' and would come with a mini Motorised scotter thing that looks suspiciously like a suppository.
or the fire trooper in red and daglo orange camo, he comes with a cannon that shoots clear plastic missiles with oddly molded flashing down the sides to 'simulate' flames. and a big helmet with tubes on it and a set of clip on armour that makes him look like a total mong.
Then there's sexy clonetrooper with removable armour and a bling medallion to hang round his neck and a flagon of expensive wine and a beach recliner.
Slightly confudsed clonetrooper in mauve.
genetic foul up clonetrooper with hunch and webbed feet. and a nasty ugly bulbous head.
roid rage clonetrooper with massive arms and legs and bulging chest and tiny head. he comes with a stack of crates to throw around. and flash smash punching action because he don't take no orders.
Child clonetrooper is the dregs of the clones after all others have been depleted, mini armour and shin kicking action. can be used with airborne clones as ammo to be hurled at droids.

jjreason
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
All I care about is that they've made that Airborn trooper helmet. The odds are thus quite good that we should see a Utapau clone with that bucket repainted with orange highlights down the road.

BoShek
06-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Looks good, might get it.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-12-2006, 04:27 PM
the clones look pretty sweet, and ive allways wanted a airborne, but i can't bring myself to deface my figures. so i would buy it!~

Darth Cruel
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
I am getting the impression that there MAY be three of the #41 Clones in this pack. A couple of the articles I read hinted in that direction and I was eventually lead hear...

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17584

Daryl VayDar
06-13-2006, 05:44 PM
From the Hasbro site(following the link above)

"Includes Mace Windu figure with lightsaber; Clone Commander figure with removable helmet, blaster rifle and 2 blaster pistols; 3 Clone Trooper figures with blaster rifles."

hrmph- and here I was hoping for Oprah in this pack...oh well, the next fan's choice poll I guess...;)

Warstar
06-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Salmon pink how - delightful.

I'm waiting for the eco clonetroopers with lime green and orange and dark blue jagged camo, with water firing backpack. The droid packed in with him changes colour when hit with water.
And the comanion set with green gloop clonetrooper who has a cannon that fires green gloop at battle droids, he'd be painted black and lime green with daglo yellow splotches.
Then there's the aquatrooper in pale blue and white swirly patterns who 'ACTUALLY FLOATS!' and would come with a mini Motorised scotter thing that looks suspiciously like a suppository.
or the fire trooper in red and daglo orange camo, he comes with a cannon that shoots clear plastic missiles with oddly molded flashing down the sides to 'simulate' flames. and a big helmet with tubes on it and a set of clip on armour that makes him look like a total mong.
Then there's sexy clonetrooper with removable armour and a bling medallion to hang round his neck and a flagon of expensive wine and a beach recliner.
Slightly confudsed clonetrooper in mauve.
genetic foul up clonetrooper with hunch and webbed feet. and a nasty ugly bulbous head.
roid rage clonetrooper with massive arms and legs and bulging chest and tiny head. he comes with a stack of crates to throw around. and flash smash punching action because he don't take no orders.
Child clonetrooper is the dregs of the clones after all others have been depleted, mini armour and shin kicking action. can be used with airborne clones as ammo to be hurled at droids.

Still bitter about GI Joe's Toxo-Viper, eh? :D

Hehe- Purple clones! As if the Shadow Ops Trooper wasn't enough!

BUT- being that I LOVE the ROTS style Clone Trooper helmets, I'll get these guys and sell the spare (if there is one). :whip:

Fun part is, they'll clash BEAUTIFULLY with my Utapau Orange Trooper...and maybe look ok stuck after my Red and Blue Troops (RED AND BLUE MAKE PURPLE! They're the SHOCKING 501st! :D...)

I do agree, though- these Clone colorations are getting silly. What could possibly be next? :D

Turbowars
06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I do agree, though- these Clone colorations are getting silly. What could possibly be next? :DDon't even ask. We will probably get a pink next.

Warstar
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Hmmm...

So, we'll now have Red (Shock), Orange (Utapau), Yellow (Commander Bly/Evolutions Commander), Green (Green Commander/Commander Gree), Blue (501st), Indigo (maybe the Covert Ops Trooper counts as this? He's got indigo on him!), and Violet (Mace's troops)!

A RAINBOW of Clone Troopers!

I'll have my Rainbow Bright "VERY PROUD" Clone Brigade READY! GOOOOOO HASBRO! :laugh:

(Lest we forget the "Token" Black Shadow Trooper, the Gray Evolutions Troopers and the Gray Battle for Coruscant Troopers and the Copper-top Wal-Mart DVD pack Troopers, too!)

Seriously- all we'll need IS Pink here in the end...

( :upset: )

Darth Cruel
06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
And the way I am setting them up in formations is starting to be put in jeapardy of looking less like a bad-***** gathering of war hardened killing machines, and more like Cirque de Soleil.

Edit - Hey...did someone delete some of my posts? I had 1188 two or three posts ago.

Warstar
06-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Cirque de Soleil.

*Snickers wildly*

It wouldn't be so funny if you didn't have a point...

I mean these were supposed to be the Troopers that KILLED 99% of all of the Jedi in the Galaxy!

They'll look so fearsome in Purple! *Snicker!*

figrin bran
06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
*Snickers wildly*

It wouldn't be so funny if you didn't have a point...

I mean these were supposed to be the Troopers that KILLED 99% of all of the Jedi in the Galaxy!

They'll look so fearsome in Purple! *Snicker!*

well, you see that's part of their strategy! you get either get blinded by their colors or you start laughing at how ridiculous they look in purple. big mistake because you've just let your guard down and GAHHHHHH! you go down without even deflecting a single bolt of blaster fire. :p

Jargo
06-13-2006, 11:08 PM
It'd be fabulous daaaaahling if our actual real world armies started colour co-ordinating like this. Khaki is soooooooooo last century......

Warstar
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
OOOOOOO! Khaki Troopers! Sign me up!

I want PLAID! :D

*Laughs wildly*

...sad thing is, I'll STILL buy them :p

Dominic Guglieme
06-15-2006, 05:33 PM
The new mold helmet is a selling point. And, a SA officer (ripe for recoloring) is good news.

Are these guys actually in the movie?

Joshkj
06-15-2006, 06:25 PM
As long as they dont look too tacky standing next to the other clones I will be happy :) But I can sum this set up in 1 word... Meh! The "!" is for the cool airborn trooper.

timmae
06-15-2006, 06:38 PM
i will buy one. glad i didn't get the rots mace or the mace repack yet. i may bust a set for my rainbow clone collection. where do you get the pink clone at ? Hollisters or Abacrombe?

Turbowars
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Bottom line is they look stupid. Come on people, PURPLE Clones?

Reefer Shark
06-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, pretty stupid (except for the Airborne Trooper helmet), but you know you'll buy at least one :lipsrsealed:

..I'm probably gonna get two or three in case they release a Purple gunship (could you imagine? lol)

Darth Cruel
06-15-2006, 10:56 PM
The new mold helmet is a selling point. And, a SA officer (ripe for recoloring) is good news.

Are these guys actually in the movie?

Ummm...No.

Bottom line is they look stupid. Come on people, PURPLE Clones?

Ummm...I agree...but stupid-looking clones on the #41 sculpt are better to me than cool-decoed clones on a less than SA sculpt. I would take a #41 Purple Passion Legion Clone long before I would take ...even a #6 Shock Trooper.

figrin bran
06-16-2006, 12:41 AM
i think i'll just repaint the purple clones blue because you can't have enough 501st clones :D

Phantom-like Menace
06-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't know. It just seems like a natural extension of legion colors and the idea that there are many legions that there would be color choices that may or may not be considered odd. The biggest problem we're having with purple is that it's currently vogue to consider that color less than masculine. I know several people actually have problems with the idea of colors to begin with, and each time a new color comes out will tread out the rainbow comments, but how many of you wouldn't be nearly as upset if these were almost any other color?

If I were to make any real complaint about this set it's that it's strange the airborne helmet didn't come out in Cody's colors first.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2006, 12:35 PM
I think it looks pretty cool. It's not nearly as ridiculous as I pictured. Too bad they used the terrible ROTS Mace, though. I love the clones, especially the new helmet sculpt.

But . . . only four figures? They better have a big accessory or something.

dindae
06-16-2006, 02:48 PM
But . . . only four figures? They better have a big accessory or something.

There are 3 of the regular clones supposedly.

Darth Cruel
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I am getting the impression that there MAY be three of the #41 Clones in this pack. A couple of the articles I read hinted in that direction and I was eventually lead hear...

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17584

Here is a post with a link that I made a few pages ago, Mr JJL. Check it out.

Luuuuuuke
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I don’t have a single complaint about this battlepack. They’re clones and clones are good. Is it perfect? No. But which battlepack is?

As for the color purple, I don’t think there’s anything un-masculine about dark purple. I used to have a dark purple Transformer, a jet. He looked great.

Besides, who ever nominated orange as the color of the mucho macho crowd? If I had to wear a dark purple or an orange dress shirt with a tie to work, I’m wearing the dark purple one:D

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
There's nothing masculine or un-masculine about any color. The belief that there is such a distinction is generally caused by having one's head firmly lodged in their posterior.

Turbowars
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
So I guess you guys would buy up pink clones as well. I'm trying to pull my head out of my @ss, but I can't.:lipsrsealed:

Darth Cruel
06-16-2006, 06:28 PM
There's nothing masculine or un-masculine about any color. The belief that there is such a distinction is generally caused by having one's head firmly lodged in their posterior.

Au contraire, El Chuxtaire. It is widely known that there are masculine and feminine colors in the spectrum. In fact, there are entire marketing strategies planned to exploit this fact. And...as much as some people may not want to hear it, purple is one of them.

On the other hand...I don't care that much about it. I do enjoy poking fun at it...but I will be at Target to buy about 7 of these.

KIDD
06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Nice set cant wait to get it

Warstar
06-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Truthfully, I have no problems with purple Clone Troopers.

I think they'll look pretty cool with all my other ones...

...it's just that the sheer "rainbowness" of the assortment of ROTS Clones available now make them...I dunno..."less formidable," let's say.

I mean I collect the ROTS-Style Clones loose- and I have them all to date- and if I set them up in the order of a rainbow...and given what the current pop-culture context of the rainbow is (something that irks me a LOT- I WANT THE RAINBOW BACK!), it's just...I dunno.

Give me maroon! Give me some cool design instead of flat colors!

Use the mold and paint deco scheme for the Covert Ops Trooper or the Shadow Trooper in some other colors or something...

Purple...once the color the royalty in ancient Greece and other parts of the world- the sacred color of wine- now the color of Tink (Thanks alot, Jerry Falwell!) and synonomous with an alternative lifestyle.

Stuuuuuupid, IMHO.

Send in the Purple Clones!

...but Hasbro, really- let's get more creative? :D

Dominic Guglieme
06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
The colors are supposed to be basic heraldry. In that sense, mixing colors (such as red and green) does not work.

Warstar
06-20-2006, 06:53 PM
Tell that to the Covert Ops Trooper :p

Or the Utapau Shadow Trooper...

I'm interested in schemes. There are some cool possibilities out there.

(I bet with the Airborne Helmet now molded, a stand-alone different colored carded version of the figure will probably be available soon, too :D)

jedi master sal
06-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Tell that to the Covert Ops Trooper :p

Or the Utapau Shadow Trooper...

I'm interested in schemes. There are some cool possibilities out there.

(I bet with the Airborne Helmet now molded, a stand-alone different colored carded version of the figure will probably be available soon, too :D)

If I had to guess I'd say within the first 3 waves of next year. It's already been stated we're getting the Galactic Marines in early '07. So the Utapau Airborne trooper should be forthcoming. AND I expect to see an SA Kashyyyk trooper next year too.

I wouldn't call this fanboy dreaming either. Hasbro surprised us a lot this year with some figures we didn't think we'd get, or as soon. I think they are coming around to the notion that SW is going to fizzle out in a few years, especially if they don't give us the figures we are clamoring for. So they are going to make more of an effort to produce those figures now and squeeze out every bit of life for the SW line as they can while it remains popular. If that dang TV show doesn't do well and/or doesn't have some armybuilders for people to buy lots of, the line will be pretty much dead in 3 years. So it's a case of make the desired figures now and have locked-in sales or try to stretch out the line that could possibly tank in a few years. What makes more sense? Hasbro has hit us over the head lately with the fact that they don't want to take risks with the action figure line. (Though they did make some very bone-headed moves with those stupid choppers, among other lines...)

Warstar
06-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Yep. Star Wars died before (Remember the Dark Times- 1985-1994)...it could die again unless the TV shows keep it afloat- to say nothing of re-releases on HD media and/or video game/expanded universe stuff.

However, because of the GREAT documentation done with Eps 1-3 on each and every character, there's a chance we could still see a TON of figures from those movies in the future.

I would like to say they've exhausted the original trilogy too, but they (of course) haven't :p

The choppers were aimed at kids- they admitted that. Makes me wonder what else they'll aim at kids, too...*Shudder*

TheDarthVader
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
You guys are crazy. I agree that colors should be pure colors as mentioned (ie green, red, blue) and not PURPLE or PINK. I mean, how many colors of clones could we possibly end up with? Like 1,000? Ridiculous

Turbowars
06-21-2006, 06:29 PM
We will get 64, I can't wait to get the brown 41 clone! You know the one we never wanted to use in our Crayon box.:pleased:

Dominic Guglieme
06-22-2006, 04:36 PM
To address Warstar's point (rather than the colors topic), SW is fast becoming the over licensed foolishness that most other lines eventually become.

SWTF, Mpire, and the Choppers illustrate this. Aiming at kids, with items that only kids will like, is good for the short-term, but is a sign that the license holders (and copyright owners) do not have much faith in the line.

I give SW 2 years before it becomes just another over-licensed brand.

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 04:56 PM
To address Warstar's point (rather than the colors topic), SW is fast becoming the over licensed foolishness that most other lines eventually become.

SWTF, Mpire, and the Choppers illustrate this. Aiming at kids, with items that only kids will like, is good for the short-term, but is a sign that the license holders (and copyright owners) do not have much faith in the line.

I have to agree and disagree. The MPire figures were pretty well accepted overall, primarily by adult collectors, so I don't know that they're the best example to use. :)

jedi master sal
06-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I have to agree and disagree. The MPire figures were pretty well accepted overall, primarily by adult collectors, so I don't know that they're the best example to use. :)

Well they were accepted, but now they are still clogging up shelf space that could be used for regular 3 3/4 in figs instead. OR Ships and vehicles...

El Chuxter
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Innerestin'. They went to clearance in one or two stores around here, but they've been gone (even from those stores) for months.

Dominic Guglieme
06-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Mpire is choking shelves in Boston. And, just because something sells does not make it good.

Blackened88
06-23-2006, 10:41 PM
I'll be picking up 3 sets, personally i dont give a rats @ss what color a clone is as long as hes the 41 mold im buying it.

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Not trying to be a smart aleck here, but would you (or anyone else) buy the following Clones if Hasbro were to make them:

Hot Pink

Glow-in-the-dark Chartreuse

Flowery

Tie-Dyed

Luuuuuuke
06-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Not trying to be a smart aleck here, but would you (or anyone else) buy the following Clones if Hasbro were to make them:

Hot Pink

Flowery

Tie-Dyed

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes.

But only one of each, and only because of the novelty:D

jedi master sal
06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes.

But only one of each, and only because of the novelty:D

Ditto, except I'd have to have two of each. One to open and one to stay carded...

figrin bran
06-24-2006, 01:38 AM

Hot Pink

Flowery

Tie-Dyed

not on your life!!!

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-24-2006, 01:19 PM
those colors are not for clones.....they would make me abandon all episode 3 things. aotc troopers rock, i just ordered 12 of them, and two aotc gunships!

Phantom-like Menace
06-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Hot Pink

You know, a few years back no guy would have been caught dead walking around in a pink shirt, but Cam'ron came along and suddenly every third guy walking around has a pink shirt and needs to have his mother fix his collar before he leaves home in the morning. It's all popular context and nothing else. There's little reason to assume people in a distant galaxy have such preassigned gender context anyway.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-24-2006, 01:37 PM
You know, a few years back no guy would have been caught dead walking around in a pink shirt, but Cam'ron came along and suddenly every third guy walking around has a pink shirt and needs to have his mother fix his collar before he leaves home in the morning. It's all popular context and nothing else. There's little reason to assume people in a distant galaxy have such preassigned gender context anyway.\

that is true....and for all we know star wars could really exsist...in a diiferent galaxy/and/or/demenison. there could be a purple clone, or pink clone for all we know. in the films we only see a few worlds, and there are thousands iof planets in star wras, so there could be thousands of clone colours for the thousands plantets and systems.

Luuuuuuke
06-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I don't believe anyone who says they wouldn't buy those clones. Not even a little. SW collectors probably pioneered buying the same figures over and over again just because they come in different cards. Sure they would be a travesty--but when has that stopped Star Wars collectors?:D You might wear a ninja suit while sliding over to the toy aisle, but you'll buy them. I know I would--and I'm not even a completist.

Phantom-like Menace
06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
You might wear a ninja suit

Might? All I wear anywhere is a ninja suit. Nothing comes between me and my ninja suit!

Elvis drove a pink Cadillac.

Jargo
07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I stopped buying clones after AOTC. They bore me. I'drather have individual characters with different looking costumes like the senators and coruscant citizens. weird aliens and stuff. I'm so bored of army based stuff. Like someone said, star wars is a huge galaxy and there are so many more interesting races to explore. with all these troopers hasbro starts to look like the evil empire and the monstrous production line that spits them out blindly.

It's not even like hasbro is trying to do anything interesting with the troopers. where's the swamp speeder or AT-TE or felucia slug beast. or AT-TE dropship, it's all just cheap reproduction of the same old same old with a change in paint colour. boring. I'm sick of the sight of clones now truth be told.
all the work that went into creating a vibrant colourful galaxy of characters and places and what do we get - clowntroopers.

bah humbug!

TheDarthVader
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
I agree with Mr. Daddypants. There are so many aliens, coruscant bar characters, droids, or pilots that Habro could be working on instead of more clones. I want many cool new aliens darn it!

Darth Cruel
07-12-2006, 07:13 PM
MAKE 'EM ALL (just make Yarna and Wilrow last)!

Jargo
07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Right - burn the heretic. you - kindling. you - matches. and you you you and you - just go away...

Darth Cruel
07-14-2006, 10:16 AM
The "Mace Windu Attack Batallion" pics are sweet! #41 clones with shoulder pauldrons like the AT-TE gunner. Even purple they look better than I would expect. The number of these I want just went up. Although the Commander doesn't look super-articulated to me. I could be wrong (and hope I am). But however the commander (or airborne as I find to be more accurate) comes...he is a great bonus as I see the three #41's as worth the price of the battle pack.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-14-2006, 10:39 AM
guess what? i just checked on hasbro's star wars item page and they said mace's sqaud is only 5.99 but its likly going to change. but hopefully not.

Darth Cruel
07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
They mis-quoted that price on the Skirmish Battle Packs as well. And according to the pics that SS links to on the front page...it already has changed from the pic that Hasbro had up a few weeks ago. I went over the main change in my previous post.

Edit - WOW! I just looked at the pic that has been on Hasbro's site forever and I only just now noticed that it has always showed the pauldrons on the #41's )if, that is, they are indeed #41s).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
It's nice to know that we will indeed be getting four clones instead of the originally-showed three. This pack looks pretty sweet. I saw that on the back it said this was shown in the cartoon; were there ever any clones like these? I'm thinking not.

Darth Cruel
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
No...these clones were not in the cartoon. In Clone Wars...Mace's clone batallion had pink (salmon pink, as it was referred to a few posts back), not purple, as their color, no "airborn-type" commanders, and no shoulder pauldrons. I posted a couple of screen shots of them farther back in this thread.

They also had a vastly different application of the legion markings. I am sure that if Hasbro had done them cartoon accurate...the rainbow coalition jokes would have tripled.

Warstar
07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
I am sure that if Hasbro had done them cartoon accurate...the rainbow coalition jokes would have tripled.

You mean they've stopped? :D

I'm stoked that there are 4 Clones instead of 3 now, too!

C'mon Hasbro! Bring it out! :D

TheCivilCollector
07-15-2006, 01:14 AM
I'm just ****ed at Episode 2 for opening the whole "multi-color clones" nonsense. So, now weve got clone commanders, clone pilots, clone skydivers, clone latrine cleaners, etc, etc, and FIVE different colors of EACH. Hasbro pretty much killed any hope for completists. I still see color variations I didn't know EXISTED of the AOTC and SAGA lines at the local scalper's shop.

And I can't tell you how many times I ordered a fig online that showed one color and I received a different color.

Troopers should have been WHITE or BLACK, period. (IMHO) I mean, I thought the whole point of identical looking troops was supposed to be a way to demoralize the opposition, by wave after wave of the same enemy.

Luuuuuuke
07-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Troopers should have been WHITE or BLACK, period. (IMHO) I mean, I thought the whole point of identical looking troops was supposed to be a way to demoralize the opposition, by wave after wave of the same enemy.

That eventually happened with the Imperial Stormtroopers, after the Galaxy was conquered (and the troopers got inexplicably clumsier). But the clone army was kind of new and maybe all the colors reflects the fact that instead of the rule of one tyrant, you had a republic. So the diversity of color schemes matches that.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 08:54 AM
and those pauldrons, if you look closely they look like commander neyo's pauldron, wich is pretty weird, because they chould hav included that pauldron in targets neyo clone exsclusive.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 09:30 AM
oh, and i have a friend who has every ep.3 clone exceptfor cody,an utapau clone, gree, bly or a regular #41, amazing huh? and he has every variant for commander derviss (red clone commander). we like to arrang our 2 clone armies so we can see who would win in a battle, (mine's a large 28 strong) and the purples would bring more welcome diversity to my army, plus his army is 27 strong, but i have aton of jedi, none of his jedi, he has a ton, have lightsabers but mine do. but i would like reinforcments so ill likely buy at least 2 of thie battle pack.

Blue2th
07-15-2006, 09:37 AM
That eventually happened with the Imperial Stormtroopers, after the Galaxy was conquered (and the troopers got inexplicably clumsier). But the clone army was kind of new and maybe all the colors reflects the fact that instead of the rule of one tyrant, you had a republic. So the diversity of color schemes matches that.
The Stormtroopers yes, but the Sandtroopers had different colored pauldrons. I still haven't figured out what color means what rank though.

Darth Cruel
07-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank goodness the haters don't make the determination on what clones get made. I am a completist and I have no problem keeping my collection complete AND I buy a bunch of extra figures (read clones, mostly) to open. And the more, the merrier.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
the sand trooper rank pouldrons are as folows: black-corpral, orange-sergent, gray and white-private. hope that clears things up. and not all of them have pauldron, its just that special desert enviorment sqaud, the pauldrons help protect them from the sun and such nonsense.

jedi master sal
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
the sand trooper rank pouldrons are as folows: black-corpral, orange-sergent, gray and white-private. hope that clears things up. and not all of them have pauldron, its just that special desert enviorment sqaud, the pauldrons help protect them from the sun and such nonsense.

Sorry, you've got that completely wrong.

Here's the official site's info on this:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/sandtroopers/?id=eu

So Orange are both Squad leaders and Commanders.
White=Sergeant
Black=Enlisted (though the C3 GG bust exclusive taps him as a Corporal)
Gray has been mentioned as a Lieutenant, but I haven't found confirmation of that yet.

Also, Gentle Giant made three different Sandtrooper busts so far. And those confirm what I've listed above.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 07:25 PM
well, acording to wikipedia thats what it is, plus in real lifa and star wars the leader of a sqaud is a sergent.plus the clone ranks and real life ranks are as folows:

general- filled by a jedi, but just an officer in the empire, leads a legion.
commander- filters orders from the general to the troopers, leads regiment of 2,304 troopers, equels 16 companies.
captain-leads a company of 144 troopers, equels 4 platoons
leutenient-leads platoon of 36 troopers, equels 4 sqauds
sergent-leads small sqauds of 9.

Darth Cruel
11-01-2006, 02:05 PM
The first time I heard of the Mace Windu Attack Battalion battle pack was about 8 months ago and I was stoked. I have constantly checked Targets' scanners to get this battle pack as very soon as it came out. When I first saw it in the system (8 months ago) it was called Mace Windu's Squadron.

Today my wait ended. I called my local Target and they were in. After one of the most intense periods of anticipation in my collecting life, I am the proud owner of the Mace Windu Attack Battalion Battle Pack...

And I could not be more satisfied. The Airborn trooper is as close to SA as we can hope for while still having straps over his shoulders and down to his belt. The only difference between this figure and a #41 as far as articulation goes is that the Airborn Trooper has a swivel waist instead of the ball-joint-type chest articulation.

I am all the way good with that.

The #41 Clones have such dark purple color on them that I do not find them to be offensive. And, as I suspected from looking at the high-res shots...some of the legion markings are in grey. And the pauldron is the one that has the fastener on the back (I cannot remember which other figure this came with)...so it is easily removeable without damage.

The strap from the shoulder bag and the one leading to the belt on the Airborn Trooper do combine to make the helmet sit funny. But they can be adjusted to allow the helmet to sit just fine on the one I have.

I am not in the least impressed with the paint application on the AT's belt. It is outright sloppy.

I didn't really care about Mace Windu so I have not even taken him out of the package yet.

Edit - Oh yeah...I HATE the new sculpt on the long blaster rifle. It is the evolutions one molded in way-too-flexible black and does not hold it's shape well at all. Looks like I will be looking for some more extras of the old one.

DarkArtist
11-01-2006, 02:14 PM
been waiting for this one. looking forward to hunting one down. :yes:

Darth Cruel
11-01-2006, 02:23 PM
And at 20.00...anyone who doesn't like the Mace Windu re-pack can throw it in the garbage and still have the other figureas at 5.00 each.

jedi master sal
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
And at 20.00...anyone who doesn't like the Mace Windu re-pack can throw it in the garbage and still have the other figureas at 5.00 each.

OR do what I plan on doing and that's donating them to charity.

If you can't find the time to do that, find a family member, perhaps a younger bro or cousin, nephew? If not, then what about the kid next door or down the street?

NO reason to just throw away a figure. Someone else can make good use of it.

Of and here's a thought, GIVE it away, don't sell it.

That pack is WORTH $20 for just the 4 clones.

Darth Cruel
11-01-2006, 03:47 PM
OR do what I plan on doing and that's donating them to charity.

If you can't find the time to do that, find a family member, perhaps a younger bro or cousin, nephew? If not, then what about the kid next door or down the street?

NO reason to just throw away a figure. Someone else can make good use of it.

Of and here's a thought, GIVE it away, don't sell it.

That pack is WORTH $20 for just the 4 clones.

Although I am in agreement that charities can be a worthy cause. I can't bring myself to give this figure to one or to ANYBODY for that matter.

That would be polluting. Garbage should be put in the garbage.

I jest. You are right that giving it away would be the better idea. And I will follow your advice after giving one to each of my kids. I will still have a couple that need to be dealt with.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Or, you could always use it in his spiffy purple Starfighter.

I still haven't seen this pack, but I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to find.

Luuuuuuke
11-01-2006, 06:40 PM
I do not think these will be easy to find, but neither do I think they'll be extremely hard to find. If I had to guess, I would say they would be harder to find than the Coruscant battlepack, but significantly easier to find than the Hunt for Grievous. I say that only because there's many more Targets than Toys R Us and Target just seems to have their act together a little bit better.

Based on the pictures posted, they do look really great. The Airborne trooper looks awesome. I tried the DPCI thing at a Target last night but there was no record of the pack in their computer(I was standing next to the employee and his scanner said "Item not found." I don't think he was BSing me.)

Darth Cruel
11-02-2006, 10:05 AM
I do not think these will be easy to find, but neither do I think they'll be extremely hard to find. If I had to guess, I would say they would be harder to find than the Coruscant battlepack, but significantly easier to find than the Hunt for Grievous. I say that only because there's many more Targets than Toys R Us and Target just seems to have their act together a little bit better.

Based on the pictures posted, they do look really great. The Airborne trooper looks awesome. I tried the DPCI thing at a Target last night but there was no record of the pack in their computer(I was standing next to the employee and his scanner said "Item not found." I don't think he was BSing me.)

I think it is also likely that they will be bountiful...that is...there will be many of them. But for a time they will be very hard to find because of the cheap army-building that can be done with them. Even EU-bashers have to admit that at 4.00 per figure (5.00 if you give Mace away)...they are reasonably priced troop-builders. I know that I will be getting quite a few of them.

Although I can't possible know...this is simply one possible scenario.

Oh...and by the way...I have to give mad props to my buddy for letting me know he found these...YOU ROCK THE COLLECTING WORLD, BUD! I am completely happy that I don't have to sweat missing these any more. I have been in a state of extreme anticipation since I first heard about these so long ago.

And I have to reiterate...it is a great set for any troop-builder who can get beyond the EU thing.

figrin bran
11-02-2006, 10:47 AM
And I have to reiterate...it is a great set for any troop-builder who can get beyond the EU thing.

i can get over the EU thing. i can't get over the purple thing. after buying pretty much every type of clone (and in army builder quantities at that)that's been put out, i'm starting to feel that enough is enough and i have to draw the line somewhere - at least until the Galactic Marines and orange Airborne troopers come out next year.

Dark Marble
11-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I will be keeping my eyes open for this set. I am a big Mace fan so this is just another thing for my Windu collection.

Blue2th
11-02-2006, 11:43 PM
These guys are gonna look good in my California Raisins diorama.

Luuuuuuke
11-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I got the two I wanted today and I'm really happy with this set. These purple clones look great, period. Nothing fruity about them.

Actually, I think they'll be harder to find at first in part because so many people are hip to the DPCI thing. So the first batch of these put out on the official release date might be diminished. But if you go to Target in the mornings, and every so often, you should find them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Going off what KH did, he gave me the DCPI number, gave it to an employee and he brought one out from the back; this happened to KH too! Like I told him, it's like some wacky 1930's speakeasy or something. I really like the set; the look of it, etc.

So, if it's not on the floor, give an employee the DCPI number. And i know: this is the SECOND employee from two seperate visits who went in the back for me. And i going out on a limb by saying that Target are changing their a-hole ways to collectors?!!? :thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Going off what KH did, he gave me the DCPI number, gave it to an employee and he brought one out from the back; this happened to KH too! Like I told him, it's like some wacky 1930's speakeasy or something. I really like the set; the look of it, etc.

So, if it's not on the floor, give an employee the DCPI number. And i know: this is the SECOND employee from two seperate visits who went in the back for me. And i going out on a limb by saying that Target are changing their a-hole ways to collectors?!!? :thumbsup:

Before everybody starts loving on Target, the anti-collector actions are corporate policy. If you get lucky enough to get someone willing to help...it is the individuals good attitdue, not Target's policy. I too, was lucky enough to get some help as was my buddy (each of us at a different store). But when amother collector we know tried to get one from the store I went to, they clammed up tight on him. And, in fact, the day after i got mine and was told there were 18 in the system...they disappeared mysteriously from that system. But tomorrow is the street date and you can bet I will be there at opening to see if there are more.

Phantom-like Menace
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
If you get lucky enough to get someone willing to help...it is the individuals good attitdue, not Target's policy.

Or they just don't realize they are risking reprimand or worse. It's unfair to assume the ones not following the rules are the good ones and the ones following the rules are the bad ones. I would tend to do whatever ensures I keep my job. If someone then wanted to say I have a bad attitude, I wouldn't argue, but it would be for any number of other reasons.

Darth Cruel
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Or they just don't realize they are risking reprimand or worse. It's unfair to assume the ones not following the rules are the good ones and the ones following the rules are the bad ones. I would tend to do whatever ensures I keep my job. If someone then wanted to say I have a bad attitude, I wouldn't argue, but it would be for any number of other reasons.

I am not assuming anyone is good or bad. I did not say it was the good ones helping people...I just said it was the good attitude of the people without making a judgment on their character, which is accurate.

But if a policy is disrespectful...then the people following it are equally guilty of disrespect. I have been around too long to believe that people do not have a choice. It is a simple application of common sense. We all have the choice to treat people with respect or not to. And my own opinion is that it is cowardly to hide behind the "I don't make the rules, I just follow them" dodge. I got so sick of hearing that about ten years ago from bill collectors when I had some financial trouble. Guilt by association is still guilt. And I still have trouble getting around the hypocracy inherent in Target securing so many exclusives aimed at collectors and then implementing the service curbing policies they have aimed at those same collectors. They have the upper hand as they have what I want and I have to go there for it. But I am not going to turn a blind eye to the disrespectful hypocracy.

I hold people to a much higher standard than that, myself included. I spent 8 years in the Marines and another ten as a welding inspector...two professions that are infamous for their people being a-holes, and I was easily successful at commanding respect at each of them by practicing respect for others and strength of character for myself. If my current boss wanted me to be disrespectful to the people who I deal with on a day-to-day basis...I would walk away from my job without a moment's hesitation. Even though I would suffer financially pretty much immediately.

But to get back on topic...tomorrow is the street date for this battle pack and it is supposed to be in Targets flyer. I think it would be cool to find out it was on sale right away (yes I know that is a long-shot).

Phantom-like Menace
11-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I am not assuming anyone is good or bad. I did not say it was the good ones helping people...I just said it was the good attitude of the people without making a judgment on their character, which is accurate.

Semantics.

But if a policy is disrespectful...then the people following it are equally guilty of disrespect. If my current boss wanted me to be disrespectful to the people who I deal with on a day-to-day basis...I would walk away from my job without a moment's hesitation.

That's a pretty tough cross to foist onto people. I would think it to be disrepectful to expect someone to risk going hungry, getting evicted, or otherwise go without life's necessities because he left is job just because I can't get a toy. I'm personally not that important, and neither frankly, are any of the rest of us.

It also seems exclusives at any store would be easier to find if people weren't doing everything they can, honest, dirty, and otherwise to get these items before they even hit the floor. It doesn't escape my notice that Target's policy of not taking them out of the backroom before they are supposed to go out would do just that. Of course the natural response would be to say, "But if everyone else is getting them out of the backroom I won't have any if I don't do the same." So I answer: do we blame the employees who are taking them out, those with so-called good attitudes, or do we blame the ones who are sticking to policy, those described as being guilty of being disrespectful. I imagine the answers would then vary.

If a person only got the item because of the employee who got it out of the back, that person would blame the employee sticking to policy. If that person only got the item because of the employee who prevented them from being taken from the backroom, that person would blame the employee taking them from the back. Now if I were that hypothetical person presented with either of those scenarios and coming to those conclusions, the only common thread is that I got my toy. Ego, that pronoun that has haunted mankind since its birth back in the annals of time.

Luuuuuuke
11-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Personally, I don't think what annoys people is that employees won't pull stuff from the back. It's that we know that some of them will. Therefore, we know that other collectors are getting things, but we aren't. What it boils down to isn't collector vs. retailer/employee. It comes down to collectors being competitive with other collectors and wanting to find stuff early.

Just think about how excited you feel when you know you're one of the first people to find something(even though probably every one will also sooner or later). And if you get something by getting employees to bend the rules--admit it--it feels a little bit better, doesn't it? You know what they say about forbidden fruit.

dindae
11-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Just think about how excited you feel when you know you're one of the first people to find something(even though probably every one will also sooner or later). And if you get something by getting employees to bend the rules--admit it--it feels a little bit better, doesn't it? You know what they say about forbidden fruit.

Never felt this. Mainly because I realize that even if I find it from the first second there are collectors that get it from overseas before me. Actually now that I think of it the longer I have to look for an item the more excited I am when I find it. Ephant Mon took me months to find and was propably the most anticipated figure ever for me.

As far as Target employees go with as much churn as they have in their employees they probably don't train the don't help the toy collector's rule especially if the employee doesn't normally work in that depeartment. As far a the bottom line goes the item was sold so Target does get hurt. No for the people who do work in toys regularly I'm sure it helps a lot when you are busy and a new exclusive is out to be able to bring up the policy so you don't have to go back to the back a lot and you can get your work done. Plus those same employees also have to deal with the mothers with the sad child looking for the exclusive that was in the Sunday paper and explain that yes you had the item but because collectors know the system their child will have to go without. I'm not saying that happens often but I would imagine it would only take once to deny old men looking for toys. And hey if that justifies some laziness then all the better. I'm not saying any of these thoughts are good or bad just realistic.

SplFrcsCWO
11-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I just found this set last night. The box states there are 2 pistols. I found the one in the bag. Where is the other?

Luuuuuuke
11-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I just found this set last night. The box states there are 2 pistols. I found the one in the bag. Where is the other?

Hmm, come to think of it, if by pistols they mean the little Star Trek medical "phaser" thingies, I only found the one in the bag.

More than one of those pistols is kind of baffling anyway. He already has the rifle.

SplFrcsCWO
11-05-2006, 11:24 AM
That's the one. I guess it's a typo then.

Darth Cruel
11-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I am glad i didn't throw away my box yet. Now I can check to see if there is a 2nd pistol attached in some hidden location. I am guessing not...but I feel the need to be thorough.

SplFrcsCWO
11-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Been there, done that... didn't find the extra pistol.

Kidhuman
11-05-2006, 03:04 PM
You see why its better to be a Carded and MIB collector? :)

Isobars

Darth Cruel
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Been there, done that... didn't find the extra pistol.

That makes 2 of us now.

Luuuuuuke
11-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I think the pistol in the backpack is the "extra pistol." The rifle in his arm is the regular one, though it's obviously not a pistol.

SplFrcsCWO
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Huh? Are we reading the same posts? There is only 1 pistol in the set. Where is the extra one mentioned on the back?

jedi master sal
11-07-2006, 02:10 PM
You see why its better to be a Carded and MIB collector? :)

Isobars

NO....

(grumbles about having to post more than 10 characters...)

DarkArtist
11-18-2006, 04:06 PM
picked up two today at Target in Milltown. Love these guys. Didn't find any extra pistols though.

DarkArtist
11-18-2006, 08:36 PM
hey my wife just got her nails down in Mace Windu Squadron Purple. She took one of the clones with her so that they could match the color up. It's like having Star Wars Beauty tips :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

figrin bran
11-19-2006, 01:39 AM
hey my wife just got her nails down in Mace Windu Squadron Purple. She took one of the clones with her so that they could match the color up. It's like having Star Wars Beauty tips :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol! so we should all take the CW gunship with us to the tatoo parlor and ask to have the shark put on our forearms.

Slicker
11-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Huh? Are we reading the same posts? There is only 1 pistol in the set. Where is the extra one mentioned on the back?On the back of it it lists what comes with the Commander. It says "includes removable helmet, blaster rifle, and 2 pistols".

I'm not an opener but I can only see the one blaster rifle and the one pistol that's hidden in his purse.

jedi master sal
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
There are not two extra pistols. I know. I bought 8 sets of this and carefully took apart each set, including the cardboard inserts that come inside the package. There is only one pistol for the commander (aside from the rife)

BTW the Commander figure TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!

El Chuxter
11-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Please pass the ketchup. I've got some words to eat.

I saw this last night and had to have it. The clones are awesome, the Airborne Trooper rocks, and Mace, well, he's essentially free, so what's it matter?

JJ, you have a PM if you didn't already see it. ;)

Jayspawn
11-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Ya know, I may pass on this set.

I'm a little sick of everything that has to do with Mace Windu having to BE purple. Everything with Kit Fisto has to BE green, blah, blah, blah.

Darth Cruel
11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
I decided to troop-build the Parjai Trooper. So that means I will have to buy at least 19 of these battle packs (unless I can find some rerasonably priced on eBay). I preume that means that I will have a boatload of the clonetroopers to get rid of. And a bunch of Mace's as well. I already gave one of them to my son and he lost the helmet within a few days. Broke my heart as this figure rocks all the way!

Luuuuuuke
11-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I decided to troop-build the Parjai Trooper. So that means I will have to buy at least 19 of these battle packs (unless I can find some rerasonably priced on eBay). I preume that means that I will have a boatload of the clonetroopers to get rid of. And a bunch of Mace's as well. I already gave one of them to my son and he lost the helmet within a few days. Broke my heart as this figure rocks all the way!

I have a feeling you're not going to have that hard a time finding these. Already they're starting to linger on the shelves a little bit. Great set though. I got 3, which is all I wanted.

Darth Cruel
11-26-2006, 11:56 AM
I have a feeling you're not going to have that hard a time finding these. Already they're starting to linger on the shelves a little bit. Great set though. I got 3, which is all I wanted.

I fully agree. I see these as becoming another Skirmish battle pack (and that is not a complaint...I was happy as a pig in $#!^ to get all I wanted of those... and it also seemed that most everyone else did as well). But I am not going to wait until they go on clearance. With Mace Windu being an un-wanted figure...it equates to about 5.00 each for the others. So if I can get rid of the others for 4 or 5 dollars each...I'll be happy.

figrin bran
11-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Wow, that airborne trooper has quite a package of 1000 bandages stench to it. It's definitely up there with the mouse droid and ROTS final 12 wookiee commando.

as for the figure itself, it's really great and i'll definitely army build the orange ones next year. i don't like how flimsy the rifle is, however. mine got warped in that tight plastic packaging and so it looks like the barrel could break off any minute.

Snowtrooper
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Wow, that airborne trooper has quite a package of 1000 bandages stench to it. It's definitely up there with the mouse droid and ROTS final 12 wookiee commando.

as for the figure itself, it's really great and i'll definitely army build the orange ones next year. i don't like how flimsy the rifle is, however. mine got warped in that tight plastic packaging and so it looks like the barrel could break off any minute.
I got this set about a week ago. The rifle was also bent in the package. The commander/airborne trooper was squashed in the tray in such a way that his legs were so bent together, he couldn't stand up at all after I took him out of the package. I stuck him on a real stand and it seems like that took care of the problem. When I took one of the regular troopers out, he had the same problem, though to a lesser degree(at least he could stand). Hasbro ought to have a look at the damage their packaging trays are doing cause I've run into this a number of times. Especially on figures stuck in some kind of running pose.

Phantom-like Menace
12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I grabbed two of these sets two days ago when a friend told me they had come in. I'm so happy to finally get an airborne clone, that I almost just want to say, yes!

Our airborne friend has the Evolutions clone problem, though not as bad. His chin sticks out slightly below his helmet. I'm not sure what I think about the gun tucked into his pouch. Somehow it seems more like a purse than it did before, and the detail (or lack thereof) on his belt sucks pretty bad. Other than that, the only problem I have is that I want to customize both of these troopers (my brother is getting me one for Christmas and I'll keep that one clean) but their scheme is so busy I'll have a lot of painting to do. Looking at them, I've got less problem with their being purple than I did before I even looked at them.

Slicker
12-09-2006, 01:03 AM
My target (Virginia Beach) still had about a dozen of these as of today.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a feeling you're not going to have that hard a time finding these. Already they're starting to linger on the shelves a little bit. Great set though. I got 3, which is all I wanted.I've not seem them yet. I don't know if they've already come and gone or if they ever got any at all. I ventured south to another Target today and didn't see any there either. I've only been checking in on Saturdays for the most part. If I hadn't checked last Thursday, I would have missed out on the Shuttle as well. About all the figures they had today were Jerjerrods.

Luuuuuuke
12-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I've not seem them yet. I don't know if they've already come and gone or if they ever got any at all. I ventured south to another Target today and didn't see any there either. I've only been checking in on Saturdays for the most part. If I hadn't checked last Thursday, I would have missed out on the Shuttle as well. About all the figures they had today were Jerjerrods.

From a logic standpoint, these should not be that hard to find. Or no h arder than the Skirmish pack. But they have all but dissapeared, at least in my part of L.A. I got the 3 I wanted, but it's always disturbing when a product like this just dissapears. I have even checked the DPCI at some of these stores, and they show that they're not even in stock. Hopefully they start to replenish their stock of these so people can find them.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
It seems my Target hasn't even really had a place set aside for these or the tin sets. I can't recall if I've seen the tin sets there or not. I got them all at Wal-Mart or Fred Meyer. I saw five shuttles on an end cap one day and two days later they had become My Little Pony castles.

TheDarthVader
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, at first my target had about 32 shuttles. Then I bought 2 and started counting the rest. Not long after they were down to 24 or so. Then, about four days later, 16. And now they have 7 shuttles left.

I don't collect many clones anymore, but this set rocks! I am going to have to pick it up. The set is only $18.99 at my target. :D

Dark Marble
12-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I made it out to a Target further down the highway earlier this week and they had about 4 of the Mace squad. My local Target has never put the tins or this set out as far as I can tell...

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2007, 08:27 PM
WOOHOO!!! I get to complain about something!!:p

The pegholes on the bottom of the clones feet don't allow for them to stand in the AotC Gunship!

Slicker
01-11-2007, 08:31 PM

The pegholes on the bottom of the clones feet don't allow for them to stand in the AotC Gunship!Gee, maybe you shouldn't be trying to put Episode III Clones in an Episode II Gunship.:rolleyes:

Darth Cruel
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM

The pegholes on the bottom of the clones feet don't allow for them to stand in the AotC Gunship!

Which gunship are you referring to? I have 3 of the 4 and they fit on all 3 of those.

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Which gunship are you referring to? I have 3 of the 4 and they fit on all 3 of those.The original on that was initally released with AotC.

Gee, maybe you shouldn't be trying to put Episode III Clones in an Episode II Gunship.Eat it, Richards.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
At least you have these clones. I get to complain that I haven't found them.

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2007, 10:04 PM
At least you have these clones. I get to complain that I haven't found them.
They were all over here for a while but have gotten scarce lately. Would you like me to keep you in mind if I come across one?

timmae
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
They were all over here for a while but have gotten scarce lately. Would you like me to keep you in mind if I come across one?
they are gooooooone! i think moms bought them up for their kids cause they sure flew off the shelves here(not to mention the sale price of them were 18.00!). 1 of the few things i busted open. they are pretty sweet. since someone last year said the blue temple clones were for indy. are the mace ones for baltimore. who will win purple against blue at 4:30 saturday?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-12-2007, 12:29 AM
They were all over here for a while but have gotten scarce lately. Would you like me to keep you in mind if I come across one?If there is one to be found, sure. Thank you very much.

CaptainSolo1138
01-12-2007, 04:33 AM
If there is one to be found, sure. Thank you very much.
No problem. Target is right around the corner form me and I usually have to stop there 3 or 4 times a week anyway for something.:)

Darth Cruel
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I got lucky today and found 4 of them at Target and they rang up at 4.98. I was finally able to finish my formation of the purple #41 sculpt troopers. Now I just need 12 more of the Airborn guys.

DarkArtist
01-19-2007, 08:29 AM
I got lucky today and found 4 of them at Target and they rang up at 4.98. I was finally able to finish my formation of the purple #41 sculpt troopers. Now I just need 12 more of the Airborn guys.

great price, now i think I need to find some more of these. got two of them back in November but I would love to get two or three more sets of these for the clones, my only thing is what to do with the extra Mace's.

perhaps instead of Attack of the Clones we could rename it and call it Attack of the BadA** muther******'s.

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
...my only thing is what to do with the extra Mace's.

Repaint the robes and hands for different Jedi. You'd just need to sculpt/swap a different head. Bam. Instant jedi army.