PDA

View Full Version : I want that Black Hole Stormtrooper!

Warstar
06-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Where does one buy GentleGiant stuff? I want that black Hole Stormy- he looks pretty good :)

Any help would be appreciated, since I have never purchased a Gentle Giant item before :p

BlueSnags
06-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Where does one buy GentleGiant stuff? I want that black Hole Stormy- he looks pretty good :)

Any help would be appreciated, since I have never purchased a Gentle Giant item before :p
http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIPPING-FREE-Gentle-Giant-Blackhole-Stormtrooper-Bust_W0QQitemZ6635308306QQcategoryZ73556QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jayspawn
06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
It'll be available tomorrow (6/9) from Gentle Giant Direct on their website. You just have to be signed up to their newsletter and follow the link they sent out in order to order it. You just cant do it till the 9th, and when you do you have to be fast! :bandit:

Warstar
06-09-2006, 04:08 AM
Holy COW!

I just signed up for the newsletter- 1:45 AM Moutain Time on the 9th!

I hope I can score one!!!

In case I don't, can someone order 1 for me? I'll gladly pay cost plus S&H!

THANKS! Let me know...I'll keep this post updated later today!

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Well I'm all signed in waiting for this thing to come online. Lets hope this goes smoothly like the Salacious Crumb Bust did -NOT like the Han Stormtrooper.

jedi master sal
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
So who got one??

It looks like my order went through. I got the line at the end of my order that said "You credit card has been approved and your order is awaiting shipment."

I'm still crossing my fingers though, heh heh.
-Sal

mm74md
06-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Well I'm all signed in waiting for this thing to come online. Lets hope this goes smoothly like the Salacious Crumb Bust did -NOT like the Han Stormtrooper.

Well, it went smooth...BUT...it was sold out by the time I had to enter in my billing addres, shipping address, then credit card. The process wasn't that bad, but they need to put the billing/shipping address & credit card info on the same darn screen :cry:

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm still trying to place an order!!!!:cry:

jedi master sal
06-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm still trying to place an order!!!!:cry:

Good luck. I tried to get a second one using a different address/credit card and my fiancee's name. No go. They are SOLD OUT.

I guess I should be happy that I got one at all.

I had the pag up for at least 1 1/2 hours before and. According to my time it was up for sale at 11:57am because I was able to start placing the order then. I had been refreshing the page in two different windows and on two different computers (I have two here at work side-by-side) for at least the 20 minutes prior to them going on sale.

I wasn't going to let this one slip by...

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I got screwed by Gentle Giant once again!

They'll get my message when I shoot Sith lightning through the phone! :twisted:

Warstar
06-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, if they're gone I missed it- I never got the link.

Oh poo...

Hopefully the Ebay prices will go down with this latest infusion into the market...still, it would have been nice to get something this cool for retail :(

Unless someone happened to snag an extra for me? :squareeye

Turbowars
06-09-2006, 07:15 PM
To my surprise my wife got me one this morning. Got the confirmation e-mail at 9:12Am

Reefer Shark
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Man... I'm so PO'd about this whole thing....

When I came in to work and logged in, a few of my buddies asked about the stormy since he was on my screen. I told them the deal, and all 3 of them instantly signed up w/GG to try and get one (probably just to try and sell on ebay... :rolleyes: ).

Long story short, they all got one, and I didn't.... I know it's not GG's or anyone's fault, but damn, this morning my blood was boiling. I don't know if collecting these is worth this aggravation anymore, and now I'm seriously thinking about giving up and selling off my bust collection. :upset:

Turbowars
06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Man... I'm so PO'd about this whole thing....

When I came in to work and logged in, a few of my buddies asked about the stormy since he was on my screen. I told them the deal, and all 3 of them instantly signed up w/GG to try and get one (probably just to try and sell on ebay... :rolleyes: ).

Long story short, they all got one, and I didn't.... I know it's not GG's or anyone's fault, but damn, this morning my blood was boiling. I don't know if collecting these is worth this aggravation anymore, and now I'm seriously thinking about giving up and selling off my bust collection. :upset:Dude if these guys are your buddies like you say they are one of them should hook you up. That's BS, they knew you wanted one!

Reefer Shark
06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah.. .I think that's what ****ed me off the most.. they were like "oh, that sucks you didn't get one.... what is this thing again?" Really crappy.... but I decided to just blow it off and get to work so wouldn't think about it anymore.

I plan on hitting them up again when GG starts shipping these, but I'm thinking they're a bunch of greedy bastards and just want to make some cash.

BlueSnags
06-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Managed to get one, but only because of Swabie's help.

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 01:29 PM
So far 76 out of 500 Blackholes have been accounted for over at RS. At least collectors got some. I'm sure the # will rise, but I bet about 300 will see e-bay one way or another.

swabie2424
06-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Reefer - that is total bull what those guys pulled on you, man. That's the kind of stuff that gets me steamed. :hurt:

Reefer Shark
06-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah, a day later and I'm still pretty steamed about it and I'm still thinking about quitting and selling off my collection.

Not only because of the whole blackhole trooper deal, but also because I think that things will never change with GG. I really don't want to stress out about this stuff anymore. Another thing is the space issue. I'm reaching over-saturation with these already.. and with Sideshow stuff in the mix, now it's even worse.

Jayspawn
06-10-2006, 11:46 PM
I've always said Gentle Giant has the WORST customer service -and I dont stand corrected.

The whole BH Stormtrooper ordering business was a fiasco! And its Gentle Giant at the end which screwed everything up!

Warstar
06-11-2006, 03:39 AM
*SIGH!*

I still want one, too...:(

Oh well- at least I have the Blackhole Trooper on order from StarWarsShop.com- so I'll have him in some form or another ;)

I'll watch Ebay- the influx will HAVE to lower the price...but it'll probably still be 2X Retail. :(

Turbowars
06-11-2006, 11:11 AM
If history repeats it's self these blackholes should skyrocket to 500-700 in a few months. There's 500 less of these guys that the Blue Clone and the initial demand for the Blackhole seemed to be higher than the Blue Clone. So I'd say now ids the time to buy. I bought the Blue Clone the day after SDCC for around 75 or 95.

jedi_riccan
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I got screwed on this like alot of others. I had no problem getting one in my cart. Made it through all the info bs, and loaded the last page. It took me app 8 mins to get it loaded, and when it finally did I got the notice by the time you added it to your, and checked out it sold out. I was flippin ****ed....

BlueSnags
06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
If history repeats it's self these blackholes should skyrocket to 500-700 in a few months. There's 500 less of these guys that the Blue Clone and the initial demand for the Blackhole seemed to be higher than the Blue Clone. So I'd say now ids the time to buy. I bought the Blue Clone the day after SDCC for around 75 or 95.

Turbo is correct. The BHS busts are already going for anywhere from $350 (low end) to $500 (high end). This is only a few days after they went on sale, with quite a few popping up on ebay.

Just imagine finding a BHS bust for $100 at a convention next week, like Turbo did with the Blue Clone the week after 2003 Comic-con. Isn't gonna happen because it's already twice as rare as the Blue Clone. Half the BHS busts are in Japan and we'll never see them (only 50 or so have popped up on ebay).

Also, Gentle Giant dragged out the sale of the BHS for so long, and let the hype build...now every Star Wars collector knows about the thing and wants one, just because "it's rare."

Warstar
06-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Heh- I normally wouldn't bother with it but I want one because it's EU- and a cool EU thing at that :D

Hasbro, Gentle Giant AND Sideshow could all rally me into collecting hardcore again if they keep producing EU characters...

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
This was hands down the most difficult time I've ever had ordering an online Exclusive. I feel very fortunate that I was one of the few that actually received a BHS. I know a lot of people were sent confirmation emails and even had their cards charged only to find out later that GG oversold the item. This whole process was anything but smooth but I will give GG some credit though for trying to make amends for their oversight. Having guaranteed availability to all “Exclusive” merchandise sold by Gentle Giant for the remainder of 2006 and providing these same people with a free mini-bust is a decent consolation. If I was in that boat I'd still be upset but that would definitely soften the blow.

jedimaster_eric
07-16-2006, 01:31 PM
It is so ridiculous for GG to make such a low qnty. They do it on perpus.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
The wounds GG suffered from PO'd Collectors are long from healing.

Things are gonna get tense again when SDCC comes around and we all try to get the Shocktrooper Bust. :tired:

BlueSnags
07-17-2006, 03:50 PM
The wounds GG suffered from PO'd Collectors are long from healing.

Things are gonna get tense again when SDCC comes around and we all try to get the Shocktrooper Bust. :tired:

Yup, and right after that is the 2000 piece Mara Jade and the 2500 piece Utapau Clone to look forward to.:cry:

Reefer Shark
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
It's frickin insane, and broke me of my completist ways with this line. So damn frustrating for a collector..

The worst part about it is that they make the best looking stuff. It would be easy to pass on the exclusives and such if Gentle Giant didn't do such quality work. All of their stuff looks great!

Turbowars
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Getting the Shocky was easy as long as you are going to the con.